8.6

1. Apr 26, 2014
    Rocksteady Studios takes everything that was great about it's first Batman game and applies it all to an open-world. It's clear that Rocksteady was trying to best their previous outing in every way, and by doing so they have created one of the best Batman games yet created. With one of the best Batman stories ever told, a large amount of content, and tons of new gameplay elements, this isRocksteady Studios takes everything that was great about it's first Batman game and applies it all to an open-world. It's clear that Rocksteady was trying to best their previous outing in every way, and by doing so they have created one of the best Batman games yet created. With one of the best Batman stories ever told, a large amount of content, and tons of new gameplay elements, this is sure to please any Batman fan out there.

One thing that is noticeable shortly after starting is that Arkham City features much more life then the asylum. Thugs patrol streets and rooftops, political prisoners fight for survival, and classic Batman villains wreak havoc throughout the city. This makes little things like listening to thugs talk about the current events going on the city a real treat. While I prefer the atmosphere and locations Arkham Asylum had, the city is still a cool place to explore that is filled with secrets. Various side-qests are available that will place Batman up against classic foes, which lead to some incredibly memorable moments. There are also an insane amount of Riddler challenges and trophies to acquire. As far as side content goes Rocksteady has it covered, so there are plenty of reasons to come back after the credits have rolled.

The main campaign is an absolute blast that is filled with tons of villains and unforgettable moments. It takes a little bit to get going, but one it does it does not stop. The boss battles are fantastic, and show a lot of diversity. I do feel that it was shorter than Arkham Asylum's story, but I'm thankful that Rocksteady didn't add any unnecessary content.

The only real complaints I have with the game are a few irritating combat scenarios and some control design choices. For instance, why do I have to double-tap and hold the X button to make the grappling hook climb faster when in the previous game simply holding X would do it? Sure it takes on a new role, but simply holding X would have made things simpler. This is just one of the minor complaints I have with the game, and overall it and my other ones don't really matter. This is one fantastic game, and one any Batman fan should play pronto. Rocksteady outdid themselves with this one, and while I do prefer it's predecessor, I will in no way deny this game's high-level of quality. It is truly a must play experience.
  2. Jun 30, 2014
    "Batman: Arkham City" is everything that a fan and gamer ever dreamed of. It's wonderful, it's spectacular, it's beautiful, It's almost PERFECT! The combat is vicious, the voices are phenomenal, the graphics are top-notch, the story looks like coming from a thrilling action film, the amount of details put in that game is just extraordinary and the missions are intriguing. For me, this is"Batman: Arkham City" is everything that a fan and gamer ever dreamed of. It's wonderful, it's spectacular, it's beautiful, It's almost PERFECT! The combat is vicious, the voices are phenomenal, the graphics are top-notch, the story looks like coming from a thrilling action film, the amount of details put in that game is just extraordinary and the missions are intriguing. For me, this is the best game I ever played in my life. Rocksteady should be proud and I can't wait to play the next game. Expand
  3. Jan 28, 2012
    This review is from a non batman fan, There was nothing to else rent so I decided to "try" Batman: Arkham City. Thinking I would be turning the game off after 15 mins of play! But I was blown away. by the presentaion, the graphics, the open world, the depth of characters, the gameplay. Wow!! Just an amazing game!!!
  4. Jan 23, 2013
    You would be daft to say Arkham City isn't a game which has set a new standard for superhero games. It contains beautiful stealth and combat, easter eggs in every corner of the huge open world, loads of side-missions tying in with the comics and the best villain in gaming. This, my friends, is game of the year 2011 and I plead for you to buy it. I have only given two 10s in all of myYou would be daft to say Arkham City isn't a game which has set a new standard for superhero games. It contains beautiful stealth and combat, easter eggs in every corner of the huge open world, loads of side-missions tying in with the comics and the best villain in gaming. This, my friends, is game of the year 2011 and I plead for you to buy it. I have only given two 10s in all of my reviews. It shows how good this game is. Expand
  5. Aug 23, 2013
    Goddamn these graphics are amazing. Some amazing stealth worthy of Metal Gear mention. A great story and some awesome gameplay. Best game of 2011 indeed. No game that year came close (it was a great year for video games, by the way). It improved on an already great game.
  6. Oct 26, 2011
    Following the in the footsteps of Arkham Asylum was going to be a tall order as nobody expected Batman's PS3 debut to turn out as amazing as it ended up yet somehow Rocksteady have managed to improve on the original and deliver another awesome outing as The Dark Knight. The story takes place 18 months since the events of Arkham Asylum and wow has there been changes in Gotham City. In theFollowing the in the footsteps of Arkham Asylum was going to be a tall order as nobody expected Batman's PS3 debut to turn out as amazing as it ended up yet somehow Rocksteady have managed to improve on the original and deliver another awesome outing as The Dark Knight. The story takes place 18 months since the events of Arkham Asylum and wow has there been changes in Gotham City. In the heart of Batman's home lies Arkham City a mega-prison which has built to serve as a home to violent thugs and ofcourse infamous supervillains. And on the topic of villains, you'll find yourself coming across quite a few along the way. Right from the very off infact, and the beginning of Arkahm City is fantastic and draws you in straight away. You begin as Bruce Wayne you are are captured and taken to Dr. Hugo Strange who aware of Bats' dual identity and has assumed control of Arkham City and intends to unveil new plands for Arkham City before the night is done... and the game unfolds from their, formidable foe Joker returns and once more is integral to the story as he is apparently carrying a potentially fatal disease. Along the way the you encounter villains such as Two-Face, Catwoman, the Penguin, Mr. Freeze, Ra's al Ghul, Talia Al Ghul and some more surprises along the way. It's bigger, braver and better! In terms of gameplay the games system returns with some minor tweaks including now being able to fight two people at the same time as well as being capable of countering two also. Some will complain about it being reptitive and they may have a point but its great fun and highly satisfying wooping some ass! And, following suit like the previous outing there is an upgrade system which enables you to enhance your moves as well as unlock new combo's and weapons along the way that will come in handy in your quest throughout the story, the boss bottles were the only slight disappointment I had with Arkham Asylum but i'm pleased to say that there has been a general improvement on that front, its hardly hardcore and it 's far from the most challenging although i'm sure on harder difficulties the game will provide more difficult advisories however the bosses do deliver some tremendous thrills in what is just an all round stunning package. A new addition is the side missions which adds more game time. Its straighforward in the sense that if once you conclude a mission in a particular part of a campaign the chances are whatever villain's area you happen to find yourself in there will be a side missions of some sort setting you an assignment, its a clever idea and a great addition. The setting is where this game comes alive. Arkham Asylum feels limited compared to Arkham City its so open and there are many area's to explore, it really does blow you away how much Rocksteady have bettered the original in terms of how bigger they have made Batman. Visually its awesome, not the best but nonetheless its still one of the finest looking console games particuarly when you take the environment into consideration it helps generate a dark, gloomy atmopshere as you swing throughout Arkham City. The voice overs are once again sensational. Mark Hamill is outstanding oncemore as The Joker although Corey Burton delivers a brilliant portrayal as Hugo Strange while Kevin Smith is ever dependable as the Dark Knight himself and Castle's very own Stana Katic voices Talia al Ghul. With DLC on the way allowing you to play as the boy wonder, Robin and Catwoman, it only enhances the all round package on offer here and I can assure you that this game is unmissable! On top of that you will find yourself coming back to play the campaign. While Arkham City doesn't quite bring the shocks that its predacessor did the replay value doesn't deminish and to round it off there's the Riddlers trophy's for you to find as well as those sidemissions and the DLC in the coming months. Taking everything Arkham City offers into consideration you really do have to take your hat off to Rocksteady as they deliver not only deliver one of the best games relased this year but also one of the best games ever to grace the PS3, it takes everything that was good about Arkham Asylum and makes it great, pure and simple, the only frustration I had with the game was how quickly I was able to finish the campaign, i'd probably say it ranged from somewhere between 6-8 hours however the frustration is from the fact I just want to keep playing, which is testimony to Rocksteady. For me this game had everything, it just thrives on the anticipation and blows you away with what it brings to the table. You owe it to yourself to sample being Batman because its rather awesome from a superb start to a shock ending which leaves things wide open in terms of where Rocksteady decides to take the series and one things for sure based on Arkham City, the Dark Knight's future is in great hands. An essential purchase and a game you simply must buy! Expand
  7. Nov 9, 2011
    Arkham Asylum was pretty much one of the best superhero games I have ever played and is up there with Spiderman 2 and Infamous 2 and Rocksteady has outdone themselves again with City. Going for a more open world exploration, you are Batman who is stuck in a city full of thugs and prisoners of different source. That in itself is awesome enough but what surprised me is how City uses Asylum'sArkham Asylum was pretty much one of the best superhero games I have ever played and is up there with Spiderman 2 and Infamous 2 and Rocksteady has outdone themselves again with City. Going for a more open world exploration, you are Batman who is stuck in a city full of thugs and prisoners of different source. That in itself is awesome enough but what surprised me is how City uses Asylum's already brilliant gameplay mechanics and made it work in the open world without being stale in itself. The story itself, though a bit bloated because of the countless villains in it, it does an awesome job making the bloatedness engaging and at times provocative. If you love Asylum, you will love City and if you love Batman in general, why do you even want to miss this? Expand
  8. Feb 22, 2015
    The combat is so simple yet so addicting. One hit of the square button after finishing a 10-12 combo has never felt so satisfying. The only problem in this game is the grapple hook, as sometimes it can be inaccurate and annoying.
  9. May 4, 2013
    For starters its a proven fact that im probably the biggest Batman nerd alive!! hahaha... so its gonna be obvious that i absolutely loved this game!! This is the definative Batman experience! Whether you're doing the story, the side missions or just fighting crime on the streets of Gotham, this game makes you feel like you're Batman!! and seriously what more could you want?
  10. Jan 8, 2012
    Batman Arkham City delivers and meets everyones expectations. Thanks to a bigger scope, while still remaining an alive and detailed comic book world, improved combat, a deeper story, a jaw dropping ending, and tons of replay value, Batman Arkham City is not only one of the best games of the year, but it's also the best licensed video game ever made.
  11. Dec 30, 2014
    This game has the same great gameplay and dark setting as the first game and added an open world that's a lot of fun to explore and a story that grips you at every turn. This truly is a masterpiece.
  12. Nov 19, 2013
    Bueno ni que decir tiene que este juego me ha decepcionado muchisimo, el 1 estaba muy bien, pero me dejo un poco con ganas de mas, pense que este me haria conformarme pero e gusto mucho menos que el 1º, la ciudad es un laberinto, es como una prision de la 3º parte de alien, es algo inverosimil, batman no tiene vidad, esta como muy pesado, como dije, la ciudad esta como muerta, no tieneBueno ni que decir tiene que este juego me ha decepcionado muchisimo, el 1 estaba muy bien, pero me dejo un poco con ganas de mas, pense que este me haria conformarme pero e gusto mucho menos que el 1º, la ciudad es un laberinto, es como una prision de la 3º parte de alien, es algo inverosimil, batman no tiene vidad, esta como muy pesado, como dije, la ciudad esta como muerta, no tiene vida, no me gusto el juego, solo lo jegue unos dias hasta que me canse, porque se vuelve repititivo, aburrido y monotono, no lo recomiendo Expand
  13. Jan 23, 2013
    A mind-blowing sequel to a mind-blowing original, Rocksteady did a fine job on increasing the scale of the game and adding tons of new DC characters (villains, mostly) and not dropping the quality bar on the story (which is even better than the original, with an awesome beginning where you get to play as Bruce Wayne without his suit, and the absolutely shocking unpredictable ending),A mind-blowing sequel to a mind-blowing original, Rocksteady did a fine job on increasing the scale of the game and adding tons of new DC characters (villains, mostly) and not dropping the quality bar on the story (which is even better than the original, with an awesome beginning where you get to play as Bruce Wayne without his suit, and the absolutely shocking unpredictable ending), graphics (still pretty, though as usual all the male models are super-muscular and the chicks are super-hot) and gameplay (new gadgets, new combos, more convict ass-kicking). My only little complaint are the Riddler's trophies. In Asylum I collected all of them and it was the first and only game where I actually got all the collectibles. Although in Arkham City there are just way too many of them - 400 (four bloody hundred!) for Batman and additional 40 for Catwoman. I tried getting all of them but it actually gets a bit boring after a while, so it was a bit of a letdown for me. Otherwise, it's a masterpiece. Expand
  14. Jan 9, 2014
    An action game that improves on it's predecessor. Arkham City is much larger and just more fun. The villains are very well represented (the Joker especially), the world is massive, the narrative is well done, the visuals are impressive and the music is great. While i honestly found the beginning a little slow, this game is great in every regard.
  15. Apr 30, 2015
    There's a real sense of progression to Arkham City in its gameplay, in its story, in the variety of its missions (the abundance of open world side-quests will keep you busy for a long, long time), and in the evolution of its pointy-eared protagonist, that really deserves to be commended.
  16. Oct 22, 2014
    Batman: Arkham Asylum was a master piece when it came out. Arkham City made Arkham Asylum small. Need i say more? It´s the ultimate Batman experience.
    STORY AND CHARACTERS: With so many story background in the Batman universe how could it go wrong? Some new fighting villains and NPC's are also welcome.
    PRESENTATION: The dark feel to the game that Rocksteady presented us in AA is
    PRESENTATION: The dark feel to the game that Rocksteady presented us in AA is augmented in this installment which is to say that they managed to improve perfection.
    GAMEPLAY: New NPC's aside there are some tweaks in the combat system. Not much because it was already awesome.
    PROGRESSION: Same as AA. You get throughout the campaign new gadgets that are improved with the XP earning. Didn't find that much difference.
    ONLINE: Unexisting. No problem with that. For me Batman AC it's a solo experience. Anything different than that would probably ruin the game.
    Batman AC delivered a better experience than is predecessor which is to say a lot. One of the best PS3 games.
  17. Oct 30, 2011
    Batman: Arkham City is the first game I ever owned that featured Batman... or any other superhero for that matter. And may I say this... the game is absolutely phenomenal. Combat gameplay is smooth and slick, the simplicity of the controls is balanced by the hordes of enemies that you have to face, and the feeling of kicking the ass of a horde of enemies outnumbering you 10 to 1 in aBatman: Arkham City is the first game I ever owned that featured Batman... or any other superhero for that matter. And may I say this... the game is absolutely phenomenal. Combat gameplay is smooth and slick, the simplicity of the controls is balanced by the hordes of enemies that you have to face, and the feeling of kicking the ass of a horde of enemies outnumbering you 10 to 1 in a minute is oh so satisfying. Movement is just about top notch. Batman in flight controls how I wanted and expected him to control (and remember, this is my first Batman game ever). Then the graphics... the graphics of Arkham City are superb. This game has very detailed textures and excellent lighting and shading. I think it has the best graphics of any game released year-to-date. Sound is equally as superb. As for replay value... New Game + and all the collectibles will keep me going for a long time. If you like action games, you owe it to yourself to at least try this one out. Expand
  18. Oct 26, 2012
    Better than Asylum. Arkham city picks up after the events of Asylum and the plot is amazing. Just like Asylum this game is insanely fun to play. A lot of secrets in the free roaming city keep you interested. Fighting and detective mode are back and still are a lot of fun to use. Use of interesting gadgets only add to the fun in this game. This game is a must buy.
  19. Jul 23, 2012
    Great game, but not the best. The combat is so satisfying in this game and that is the peak of the enjoyment that can be had with playing this game. The graphics are pretty damn good too and most of the textures are really detailed which is great. One minor complaint I have is when Batman dies or you need to restart the the mission, there should be no hassle to show a villain talking andGreat game, but not the best. The combat is so satisfying in this game and that is the peak of the enjoyment that can be had with playing this game. The graphics are pretty damn good too and most of the textures are really detailed which is great. One minor complaint I have is when Batman dies or you need to restart the the mission, there should be no hassle to show a villain talking and they you have to select the option to restart. This should happen instantly with a 5-7 second wait time to load. The story seems a little far-fetched at times but its still very enjoyable and doesn't disallow you to have fun with the game by any means. The voice acting is great, but sometimes the dialogue can be on the cheesy side. I believe that this game definitely is an improvement of its predecessor, Batman Arkham City, since it isn't as repetitive and boring. Overall, this game is fantastic which just a few minor flaws but that shouldn't spoil the experience which is Batman: Arkham City. Expand
  20. Sep 4, 2013
    being able to play batman in his prime beyond epic while gliding through the streets of Gotham beating thugs and stopping criminals masterminds mixed with superb gameplay and narrative what more would you want in a game, the superhero game we deserve
  21. Aug 28, 2014
    Arkham City will be hard to top. I mean, with great graphics, greatly improved (And still fantastic!) combat, and one of the best rogues galleries I know of, with villains like Joker, Penguin, Two-Face, Ra's al Ghul, Zsasz and The Riddler, it is unforgettable. The stealth feels great, and it has one of the greatest boss battles EVER in Mr. Freeze, which has you using critical thinking. IArkham City will be hard to top. I mean, with great graphics, greatly improved (And still fantastic!) combat, and one of the best rogues galleries I know of, with villains like Joker, Penguin, Two-Face, Ra's al Ghul, Zsasz and The Riddler, it is unforgettable. The stealth feels great, and it has one of the greatest boss battles EVER in Mr. Freeze, which has you using critical thinking. I only wish they could've made the open world bigger, and more involving. Overall, this game look at superheroes in a new light, and a fantastic new light at that. Expand
  22. May 29, 2013
    This is my favorite game of all time. The story is amazing and there is a lot of stuff to do after you finish the story like completing the side missions and playing the challenge maps. I've lost track of how many times I've played this game. As a fan of Batman, I'd say Arkham City is truly a masterpiece. I can't wait for Arkham Origins!
  23. Jul 25, 2014
    I don't care how small the map is. The game is amazing. Beautiful Robotics, smart NPC's, a strong story, they made the character unforgettable (Especially The Joker) the combat is the best I've seen in a Super hero game. This game is a must have. Don't listen to the 125 dumbasses, who are giving this game low scores. They just wanted a big open world. Gameplay is what matters.
  24. Sep 29, 2014
    Simply one of the best games period. Now obviously you'll play this game all the more likely if you like Batman, and these days most people do. And Rocksteady did not disappoint. They didn't just create the best Batman game of all time, but also one of the best games period. This is why.
    Pros:
    Pros:
    - True to D.C. It knows it's roots, it's original friendly, all of batman's skills, gadgets etc is all what you'd expect and nothing bizarre.
    - gameplay- the fighting system in this game is very extensive, all these combinations which surprisingly easy to remember, which you'll use to win. It's fun, challenging, and plain cool. The dodges, counters, strikes, combos, evades, and all the cool gadget you'd use like batarang, electrical shock etc. the gliding is great, the Riddler puzzles are great. Just so much to talk about!

- the graphics are great, the colourful but bleak world is amazing. While on paper the map isn't the biggest, there's so many secret passages, it becomes quite large. It's not a empty place either, quality over quantity.

Any bad? No actually. The story is amazing, it's fun to play, it's rewarding!
    Just play this game! If you liked Asylum you'll love this!
  25. Aug 2, 2012
    A MUCH better game than Asylum. I always disliked Asylum because it felt so enclosed, and whilst the gameplay and plot were solid, I just detested traipsing across the asylum trying to find out where to go. The free roam Arkham City is a much better place to traverse, as there is always something to do, even after the main plot finishes. The gameplay has definitely improved and the plot isA MUCH better game than Asylum. I always disliked Asylum because it felt so enclosed, and whilst the gameplay and plot were solid, I just detested traipsing across the asylum trying to find out where to go. The free roam Arkham City is a much better place to traverse, as there is always something to do, even after the main plot finishes. The gameplay has definitely improved and the plot is still well written if a little ridiculous. I'm not a big fan of Batman, but I still love this game. Expand
  26. Nov 10, 2011
    The characters the plot the game play the storyline the music are AMAZING in this game. I would not say it would be my game of the year but it was ones that were pretty much on top way to go rocksteady keep those batmans coming.
  27. Dec 19, 2011
    Batman Arkham Asylum raised the bar of how good licensed games need to be. Does Arkham City raise the bar even more? No. Is it worse? Yes and no. The gameplay is now better. Boss battles aren't repeatitive recycled '' Fight againts a big guy with the same method multitiple times in the game '' and are actually quite fun. You have bigger enviroment, with even more side missions and riddlesBatman Arkham Asylum raised the bar of how good licensed games need to be. Does Arkham City raise the bar even more? No. Is it worse? Yes and no. The gameplay is now better. Boss battles aren't repeatitive recycled '' Fight againts a big guy with the same method multitiple times in the game '' and are actually quite fun. You have bigger enviroment, with even more side missions and riddles to solve. Catwoman is a nice addition too, even though I would have appericiated, if she would have had more own missions to do. Why I said yes to is the game worse than Arkham Asylum then? It doesn't have as good Batman feeling as Arkham Asylum had. Joker isin't saying his funny dialogue much, unlike in Arkham Asylum and Riddler doesn't even react anymore, which makes solving the riddles feel less fun. The ending also felt a little lame, it didn't feel like the game is going to end at all. It has pretty good twist at least, but I wouldn't say the ending was very good. There isin't also any '' wtf lol wut '' moments, unlike in Arkham Asylum, which is a shame. The game is still great and I recommend you to buy it. Wait, you aren't fan of Batman? Don't worry! You don't need to be Batman fan in order to enjoy this game! Expand
  28. Jun 27, 2012
    This is my favorite game. Batman: Arkham Asylum was a fantastic game with a fantastic story. Batman: Arkham City improves on it in every way. First, the story is fantastic. New villains along with some old ones make an appearance such as Mr. Freeze, the Penguin, and of course, the Joker. I don't want to spoil anything so I'll stop there. The combat is amazingly refined. No longer is itThis is my favorite game. Batman: Arkham Asylum was a fantastic game with a fantastic story. Batman: Arkham City improves on it in every way. First, the story is fantastic. New villains along with some old ones make an appearance such as Mr. Freeze, the Penguin, and of course, the Joker. I don't want to spoil anything so I'll stop there. The combat is amazingly refined. No longer is it just mashing the strike and counter button. The enemies are more diverse and require varied tactics to beat, especially when they're mixed in among other inmates. Old gadgets return along with a plethora of new ones as well making combat and stealth that much cooler. If you liked the challenge of finding riddler trophies in Arkham Asylum, than you'll be in heaven here. Now when you find a riddler trophy, some work goes into figuring out how to get it. This is an all around fantastic game and is worth whatever you pay for it. The replay value is incredible. Expand
  29. Aug 12, 2014
    One of the finest games on any platform this generation. Builds on what Asylum established and creates a phenomenal experience of what it's like to be the Bat. Literally dozens of hours of side stuff along with a great story and emotional finale. Cannot recommend highly enough.
  30. Nov 25, 2011
    A lovely line up of great bosses. Great free roaming capabilities. More moves characters. And simply this is the vest superhero game ever created and it makes me feel like im actually batman which is exactly what its supposed to do!
  31. May 1, 2013
    When I first started Arkham City I didn't know what to expect. I had heard it was good but I was never a huge Batman fan. That didn't matter at all because from the opening sequence I was hooked playing through a game with a great story, brilliant gameplay mechanics with the most responsive combat system I've ever used and having more fun collecting all 400 of those riddler trophies thanWhen I first started Arkham City I didn't know what to expect. I had heard it was good but I was never a huge Batman fan. That didn't matter at all because from the opening sequence I was hooked playing through a game with a great story, brilliant gameplay mechanics with the most responsive combat system I've ever used and having more fun collecting all 400 of those riddler trophies than i've ever had with collectibles in a game. Arkham City is a great world to explore with good side missions. An awesome game!!! Expand
  32. Aug 29, 2014
    Batman:Arkham City

Game-play:Almost the same as the first game but this is not bad it have some small changes it gives you more opportunities of stealth a bigger and more open map this is open world game same new gadgets and new upgrades and combos.Also it let you play as cat woman in 4 missions and the missions are well made especially the last one Story:Awsome story it have some
    Batman:Arkham City

Story:Awsome story it have some great villains like mr freeze,penguin,two face,ras al ghul,doctor strange,clay face and do not forget joker.The story will take you around 8 to 9 hours.

Graphics:Well made graphics with detail.

Notes:Awsome game i really love it the side missions are very good and the collectibles are to gather the only reason i give this game a 9 out of 10 is because i think it rash into the story very fast if they could take some time to build the story around a little more it would be a 10 out of 10
  33. Sep 21, 2012
    I reneged when I first picked this up from gamestop I was excited to play it! I mean I absolutely loved batman arkham asylum but as I progressed through arkham city & eventually beat the game....One fact stood out that could not be ignored...its short. yes its not as long as arkham asylum so lets begin my review.....as always the good:graphics are top notch and VERY impressive!! I like howI reneged when I first picked this up from gamestop I was excited to play it! I mean I absolutely loved batman arkham asylum but as I progressed through arkham city & eventually beat the game....One fact stood out that could not be ignored...its short. yes its not as long as arkham asylum so lets begin my review.....as always the good:graphics are top notch and VERY impressive!! I like how the attention to detail was so prevailing in arkham city...every object,street pole, and building,even abandoned vehicles look great!! Gameplay & controls: once again flawlessly crafted,surprisingly better than arkham asylum!! I've had a great time owning the the out of control inmates of arkham city just as much as exploring the city itself!! Which go's without saying that the replay value is very high. the boss fights are all implemented I really liked fight the penguin & his illegal freak that's in his basement. RA'S AL GHOL fight reminded me of my fight with scarecrow from the first game which was great but the best fight hands down has to go to mister freeze...I first( & only) fought him without use of the hints this makes the fight incredibly good/tuff for batman as he's the only tough boss/enemy for batman. there's virtually no load times such is great to & batman even uses better gadgets than the first game!! Now the bad part: its to short...if you focus on the main story(which is good) then it'll be over with. a few hours which is sad because the gameplay/was very interesting..also of note...a sandbox setting? while its not game breaking in any way...for me it felt out of place in a batman game...it wasn't bad but it seemed weird to have batman in a sandbox game but I love the side missions like finding out who's been cutting off peoples faces & zasz comes back in an I.Ferrari.g way so do the riddled but in the end I was alittle disappointed with how short it was but its still an amazing game & well worth the price!!! 9/10 Expand
  34. Oct 7, 2014
    Graphics: 10 Gameplay: 10 Fun: 10 Controls: 10 Ease to Learn: 9.5 Story: 9.5 Length: 9.5 Re-play: 10 Audio: 10 Bugs/Glitches none. Maybe my fave game of all time
  35. Oct 18, 2011
    I picked up this game right at midnight and have been playing it for almost 4 hours now and I'm blown away. This is by far one of the best looking and action packed games I have played in a very long time. This game has it all and it really lives up to all of the hype that has been surrounding it. The detail is all here in each and every aspect and there is so much content I'm going to beI picked up this game right at midnight and have been playing it for almost 4 hours now and I'm blown away. This is by far one of the best looking and action packed games I have played in a very long time. This game has it all and it really lives up to all of the hype that has been surrounding it. The detail is all here in each and every aspect and there is so much content I'm going to be at this one for a very long time. Due your self a HUGE favor and pick up this blockbuster right away and you can thank me later. Expand
  36. Oct 31, 2011
    Batman Arkham City is everything it should have been and better. In 2009 Rocksteady set an amazing bar for action games and arguably set the highest bar ever for superhero adaptations to games. Arkham City builds on the success of Arkham Asylum and againsets a bar that is higher than almost every action game to date. Arkham City has an expansive world that allows for plenty of sideBatman Arkham City is everything it should have been and better. In 2009 Rocksteady set an amazing bar for action games and arguably set the highest bar ever for superhero adaptations to games. Arkham City builds on the success of Arkham Asylum and againsets a bar that is higher than almost every action game to date. Arkham City has an expansive world that allows for plenty of side missions and an array of collectibles and secrets, the map is not too big but it's not too small either so arguably rocksteady have created a fantastic world to explore intricitly detailed and never dull. The presentaton and graphics in this game are fantastic some of the best seen, however occasionallycan be quite jaggedy here and there.

The sound and voice acting in the game is impecceble, with the likes Mark Hamil reprising his role as the fantastically interpreted Joker. Although the Joker is certainly the stand out act the Dark knight himself and other voice acting within the game from various charaters more then meets it's intended target. Pros: Expansive Enviroment, Intricitely designed, new gadgets add variety, catwoman sections add further depth and variety, hand to hand combat mechanics unrivalled by any other game on the market, excellent voice acting and story telling mehtods

Cons: Sometime getting around Arkham City can be a clunky, dull affair, Occasional Grpahical issues but not that noticable, Feels like some of the villans characters within the game were under developed

Presentation: 10
    Graphics: 9
    Sound: 10
    Gameplay: 9
    Lasting appeal: 9
  37. Jul 23, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. To create the perfect sequel, only two things need to be done. First, the parts that players loved must be kept. Second, the parts that were loathed and needed improvement must be improved. Arkham City does all this and more. It delivers a more compelling story, better, more refined gameplay and an open world that ranks among the best in gaming. It does all this and becomes the greatest licensed game ever while in the process.

The plot is masterful in its approach to storytelling. Of course it's another "Joker trying to kill Batman" plot, but this time things have changed. The clown prince is dying and he wants to go out with a bang by killing the dark knight once and for all. There's another catch- he's doing all of this in prison, where Bats is stationed as well. Arkham City is a sprawling mega prison where the villains are free to do what they want, so long as it doesn't impact New Gotham. Of course, that won't stay and this becomes apparent as Bruce Wayne is captured by the men of Hugo Strange and thrown into the deadly place. He soon suits up and begins to go after the villains causing havoc. Two-Face runs the court district, while Penguin is stationed around the shopping centre and museum and Joker has turned the Industrial District into a demented amusement park. Other villains also show up throughout the campaign, such as Ras Ah Ghul, Mr. Freeze and even Solomon Grundy. The final twist is perfect and the ending is phenomenal. Rocksteady have a stern hold over the Bats fiction, as they kill off a character just as important as the hero himself- that character being poor ol' Jokes.

Once you're finished with the rather lengthy campaign, plenty of fun can be had in the open world. It's littered with twice the amount of riddles in Asylum and this time Batman can even die while trying to solve them! There are question mark knockouts, new breakable objects and feats to complete, along with a small amount of well designed hostage situations, where Batman must solve a riddle and save a civilian in danger. The climax is way better than that of Asylum's, as you finally get to knock out Edward Nigma. Riddles aren't the only side activities though. There are plenty of side missions throughout the city, with Deadshot chasing down targets, Bane asking for a favour, a mysterious foe killing inmates and political prisoners getting bashed. It's all fun to play through and the open world is, believe it or not, even better than Arkham Asylum. The amount of detail is astounding and the Easter Eggs show how much time has gone into this. There are cameos, references to sequels and Scarecrow's secret hideout all littered throughout the world. Trust me when I say that there is a lot to find.

The gameplay is innovative and familiar at the same time. The gliding is one of the coolest things about the game. Launching above the world with your grapnel gun, before swooping down with your cape is an exhilarating experience and is just as fun as proper flying or even web swinging. The combat is another finely tuned part of the game that is recognizable, but a whole lot better than what we got in the original. Attacking, countering and stunning are still big parts of the fighting, but the upgrade system is extensive enough to completely change your approach to the brawling. With takedowns and weapon snaps, the villains won't know what hit them and the new enemy types also help to add variety to the Freeflow encounters. As for stealth, it's also better. Foes can see you in the dark, block your detective vision and stop you from taking them down from behind. But Bats also has new tricks, with better gadgets, a knockout smash and new attacks that would certainly hurt. There are a lot of improvements. New detective mode features; running and sliding; critical hits... Yep, there's a lot!
    Also a big part of the game: CATWOMAN! She brings her own way of getting around and it isn't faster, but it is better for stealth. She also has her own upgrades and feels lighter and deadlier in combat, bringing her own share of brutality. She is best in stealth, able to run up behind enemies and crawl on certain parts of the roof. She only has three gadgets, but they are great to use. She is key to the campaign with her own missions and 40 riddler trophies. She meets Poison Ivy in her second adventure, which is a lovely cameo. In short, Catwoman isn't better than Bats, but she is a change.

There is also plenty of content in the new challenge mode, with cool new campaign and custom challenges along with more ranked. This adds more to an awesome game, that has simple controls, brilliant, next gen like graphics, a rousing score and voice acting and an amazing story. The amount of content is awesome and the boss battles- the original's worst part- are fixed. Even if you don't like Batman, this is an essential purchase that should not be missed. Once again, you will feel like the Batman. Who doesn't want to be the Batman after all?
  38. Mar 15, 2013
    Batman: Arkham City is easily the best Batman game ever made, but even more impressive then that it is one of the best games ever made. It has some of the best combat in any game, some great graphics, exploring Arkham City is a lot of fun with tons of collectibles and side content to find, the main story itself is fantastic with great performances from several fantastic voice actors, IfBatman: Arkham City is easily the best Batman game ever made, but even more impressive then that it is one of the best games ever made. It has some of the best combat in any game, some great graphics, exploring Arkham City is a lot of fun with tons of collectibles and side content to find, the main story itself is fantastic with great performances from several fantastic voice actors, If you are a fan of Batman or action games in general then this is a must buy, There have been many Batman games over the years, but none have managed the quality and near perfection that this game has achieved. Expand
  39. Nov 21, 2011
    Arkham City is a very well example of how a sequel should be, but it's not perfect. I thought the story was rather weak and even though the "frame plot" is supposed to be about Hugo Strange, there's a weird focus on the Joker AGAIN, which wasn't really necessary if you ask me. But a lot of other characters from the Batman franchise have been included, maybe even too many as a few of themArkham City is a very well example of how a sequel should be, but it's not perfect. I thought the story was rather weak and even though the "frame plot" is supposed to be about Hugo Strange, there's a weird focus on the Joker AGAIN, which wasn't really necessary if you ask me. But a lot of other characters from the Batman franchise have been included, maybe even too many as a few of them don't have much more than a cameo, Robin for instance. He's playable in some DLC challenge Maps, fine, but was that really worth bothering implementing him? In the story mode, he just appears once in a cutscene.

The Catwoman parts are pretty good, she plays different, but not too different from Bats. Could've gotten more content than the very few and short missions she has.

Technically, the game looks, sounds and plays fantastically. One complaint would be that the combat can be very annoying and tedious before you "buy" certain battle upgrades with your XP. I invested in gadgets and such first and thus, didn't enjoy the fights until later in the game, so do yourself a favor and get the combat upgrades first.

Another thing that disappointed me were the stealth sections. I really loved those in the prequel, but this time, they feel weak, also few and far between. The challenges are much, much easier this time, which is not a good thing, most of them, at least, but when you've done them all, if you want to "complete" everything, the game forces you to beat all of them again with some extra conditions and always three of them in a row. This is kind of lazy and reeks of filler content this game didn't even need.

No, it didn't. Even though the story is kind of short, there's so much good side mission stuff, you'll be busy for hours.

It's also remarkable how well the controls work. It's not like it's dumbed down, but everything feels natural and fluently. The new power dive plummet to gain or lose height takes a while to get used to but once you have the hang of it, you'll fly around Arkham City like you were born for it. I also love the grappling hook, it's really fun to use both in and outside.

Personally, I thought the open world concept wasn't as good as the island from the first game, but it makes up for the less interesting design (it's still great!) by letting you fly and zip all over the place which is very fun and wouldn't have been possible with a gameworld like the one in Arkham Asylum.

Overall, this game game is great. Some aspects could've been better, but nothing really worth whining about. 9/10
  40. Mar 22, 2015
    Now this game just surprised me. Arkham City surpassed all my expectations and it has become what I believe to be one of the best video games I've ever played. This may well be one of the best things that ever happened to Batman after The Dark Knight trilogy. The gameplay we've come to know and love from the Arkham series has been refined and refurbished to where I can simply not imagine aNow this game just surprised me. Arkham City surpassed all my expectations and it has become what I believe to be one of the best video games I've ever played. This may well be one of the best things that ever happened to Batman after The Dark Knight trilogy. The gameplay we've come to know and love from the Arkham series has been refined and refurbished to where I can simply not imagine a better Arkham experience. Expand
  41. Nov 9, 2011
    what a game!..this is everything a sequel should be, it is truly magnificent..this game will keep you coming back to play it one more time even after the story is finished there is still so much more to complete, thats a sign of a great game.This has got to be GOTY..graphics are awesome , voice acting is awesome, game play is awesome. story is awesome..I read that this game is what itwhat a game!..this is everything a sequel should be, it is truly magnificent..this game will keep you coming back to play it one more time even after the story is finished there is still so much more to complete, thats a sign of a great game.This has got to be GOTY..graphics are awesome , voice acting is awesome, game play is awesome. story is awesome..I read that this game is what it means to be Batman, and thats so true..go buy it! Expand
  42. Dec 31, 2013
    This game succeeds every minor detail from Arkham Asylum. The flaws in gameplay from Asylum are corrected in City, and the mechanics work perfectly. The puzzle elements combined in this game (the Riddler trophies) will keep you coming back for more and are a great addition. If you have a spare twenty dollars to spend, go buy the GOTY edition. Rocksteady just doesn't perfect every detailThis game succeeds every minor detail from Arkham Asylum. The flaws in gameplay from Asylum are corrected in City, and the mechanics work perfectly. The puzzle elements combined in this game (the Riddler trophies) will keep you coming back for more and are a great addition. If you have a spare twenty dollars to spend, go buy the GOTY edition. Rocksteady just doesn't perfect every detail from Asylum, but they created one of the best games of all time. Expand
  43. Jun 12, 2014
    Last Played: May 2014

PROS: + Still feels like Batman + Successfully creates a sense of urgency + More enemy types and takedowns CONS: - Difficulty does not scale well – Some tedious fights – Story worse than Arkham Asylum REVIEW: While this game does stand on its own, comparisons with Arkham Asylum are inevitable, and in fact somewhat useful, since this game’s target audience
    Last Played: May 2014

REVIEW: While this game does stand on its own, comparisons with Arkham Asylum are inevitable, and in fact somewhat useful, since this game’s target audience seems to be those who played the first entry in the series. The developers have made some incremental improvements which preserve the “feel” of being Batman while improving some of the things that were weak in the previous title. One of the things that this game does better than its predecessor is to streamline the mission starts so that they aren’t quite so obviously divided. In fact, this game does what few others do in making it seem like there will actually be a consequence if you don’t pursue the main story-line fast enough (although it turns out that I happened to test this during the only event which is actually timed: most the game can spread out as much as you want it to). This game also introduces shields and body armor on enemies in crowdfights and several new mechanics to make the predator mode more interesting. This better balances the gameplay between the two modes so that the predator sequences are less of a chore than before.

Where this game fails is in the scaling. As before, this game goes for difficulty mostly by increasing the number of enemies, rather than varying the environment or enemy behaviors, which can get boring (and annoying when you are almost finished with a crowd and another handful of goons stumble in to drag on the fight). As a consequence of the “hording” method of increasing difficulty, there are some boss fights that are downright hard because the way to beat the boss has little to do with the methods you have used. It is a little jarring to have a very easy game interspersed with frustrating moments where you can’t figure out how to win (though the game will prod you if you miss several of the Zelda-style boss vulnerability phases). Furthermore, the bonus round style riddler games can be much harder than the main game with little difficulty transition which may diminish the fun. The story is also worse than that of Arkham Asylum (in that it is less original), and though it introduces some new ideas feels more like a fragmented reason to cameo the biggest villains who didn’t get to appear in the last game. This is too bad, because the Batman franchise is ultimately successful only when it tells a compelling story.

In the end, this game is relatively better than Arkham Asylum in most respects. It is superlatively good compared to other 3rd person action games in some ways, and by the measure of whether I’ll remember it in the future has one or two memorable moments. It isn’t perfect, though and it may not warrant a second play-though, much 100% completion-seeking.
  44. Oct 18, 2011
    i just bought the game today played it for over 2 hours its so much fun. the graphics look amazing. they look fantastic. real awesome job, the cast does well with the voice overs, as for the story i didn't swell on it alot. i just began but it looks interesting, also there are many cool add-ons, upgrades for the batsuit, action moves, the riddler mazes and stuff. its just a hugei just bought the game today played it for over 2 hours its so much fun. the graphics look amazing. they look fantastic. real awesome job, the cast does well with the voice overs, as for the story i didn't swell on it alot. i just began but it looks interesting, also there are many cool add-ons, upgrades for the batsuit, action moves, the riddler mazes and stuff. its just a huge blockbuster game that will keep me busy for a long time. i am also looking forward to playing as robin, catwoman and i can't wait to get the many different batsuits. MUST BUY! 10/10 Expand
  45. Oct 18, 2011
    The best superhero game ever. One of the best games of all time. This title excels it's predecessor and pushes the boundaries even further for the genre. The story has been slightly improved, with several stories tied at once, making the game feel huge, the combat is even better than Arkham Asylum and has the best combat system ever. The stealth is still very solid, with occasional twistsThe best superhero game ever. One of the best games of all time. This title excels it's predecessor and pushes the boundaries even further for the genre. The story has been slightly improved, with several stories tied at once, making the game feel huge, the combat is even better than Arkham Asylum and has the best combat system ever. The stealth is still very solid, with occasional twists making it harder and more interesting. All the supervillians tied in the game and the game's events fit in perfectly with the story. A flawless masterpiece. Expand
  46. Aug 2, 2013
    Batman: Arkham City 9/10..............................................................................................................................
  47. Nov 28, 2011
    Being one of the more anticipated games of the year definitely put a lot of pressure on the creators of the game, but they deliver big time. While I enjoyed Arkham Asylum, I didn't think it was the game that most were telling me it was. It was a very simplistic beat em up kind of game for me, though I still thoroughly enjoyed it. Arkham City on the other hand changed everything for me. IBeing one of the more anticipated games of the year definitely put a lot of pressure on the creators of the game, but they deliver big time. While I enjoyed Arkham Asylum, I didn't think it was the game that most were telling me it was. It was a very simplistic beat em up kind of game for me, though I still thoroughly enjoyed it. Arkham City on the other hand changed everything for me. I love the idea of being able to go from place to place within the city, though it gets kind of annoying to handle side missions while already on a main mission. Other than that, this game packs a lot of action, memorable enemies and just loads of content that should keep everyone busy for a little while with it. Expand
  48. Mar 18, 2013
    I have always wondered how it would feel like to be Batman, and after playing Arkham City I can truely say it is amazing. From the graphics to the acting, the gameplay and the fights.. what makes this game so unique is the experience you have from feeling that you can kick anybody's ass, however and whenever you want. Rocksteady has done all of us a huge favor by creating this game.
  49. Jan 30, 2013
    What else is there to say about Arkham city? Story is awesome, fighting is great, etc. I thought Batman Arkham Asylum was the best Batman game back in 2009. When the news broke that Arkham city was announced I was spectacle at first because I didn't think the game wasn't going to be as good as the first. When I got the game, I was pleasantly surprised how great it was. It is so much betterWhat else is there to say about Arkham city? Story is awesome, fighting is great, etc. I thought Batman Arkham Asylum was the best Batman game back in 2009. When the news broke that Arkham city was announced I was spectacle at first because I didn't think the game wasn't going to be as good as the first. When I got the game, I was pleasantly surprised how great it was. It is so much better than Arkham Asylum. All the things that were lacking in the first game, Rocksteady Studios improved significantly and all the things that made the first game great made slight changes here and there, but kept the same concept. Batman Arkham City is definitely the best Batman game of all time, and one of the best games of 2011 Expand
  50. Apr 1, 2012
    When people thought Rocksteady have reached their peak with Arkham Asylum, it was pleasent to see that Arkham City managed to be as good, and even better then it's predecessor. The core mechanics of the game are nearly identical to Arkham Asylum's, but the new huge city and the veriety of new villians and superheroes create a bigger impact that makes Arkham City more exciting. Truthfuly,When people thought Rocksteady have reached their peak with Arkham Asylum, it was pleasent to see that Arkham City managed to be as good, and even better then it's predecessor. The core mechanics of the game are nearly identical to Arkham Asylum's, but the new huge city and the veriety of new villians and superheroes create a bigger impact that makes Arkham City more exciting. Truthfuly, the game is massive, and you can spend dozens of hours just gathering the Riddler's trophys and solving his puzzles, but the game also boasts many fantastic side missions that are heavily relying on the main story. Since the game is based on a comic series, it was much easier to connect between different characters to create new side storys. The game also genuianly makes you feel like you are Batman. You get all the possible gadgets, and you can pull off amazing stunts. I can also mention the accurate voice acting and incredible soundtrack, or perhaps the top notch graphics, but the thing that makes this game outshine most action games nowadays is the flow. The game let's you move at your own speed and move from mission to mission fluidly and comfortably. That gives the game a flare that only a great sandbox game can deliever, but it also has the qualities that most sandbox games don't reach. Rocksteady have trully pulled off something magnificent with Arkham City.Hell, Even non-fans of Batman will appreciate this game, because it manages to do so much and do it the best way it can. Expand
  51. Oct 18, 2011
    ok , well i have been playing since midnight eastern time and let me start off by saying WOW. i am feeling like i am in an open world interactive batman comic/cartoon. it is that good. the details are top notch, everything from catwoman's hips to the dive bombing/thrust kicking villains. the graphics are beautiful, and there has been very little frame rate issues whatsoever. the controlsok , well i have been playing since midnight eastern time and let me start off by saying WOW. i am feeling like i am in an open world interactive batman comic/cartoon. it is that good. the details are top notch, everything from catwoman's hips to the dive bombing/thrust kicking villains. the graphics are beautiful, and there has been very little frame rate issues whatsoever. the controls familiar to asylum's mechanics, but more precise counters and great takedown sequences. the game starts off in a way which was very creative, and the story has been steady since pressing start. playing as catwoman is not only a great addition but the way she is seamlessly running parallel to the story, while taking turns from batman to catwoman. the upgrade/skill point is based on combat combo's and tech which gain batman his exp, doing other actions also will give some xp but combat being points plentiful. then can upgrade armor, techniques etc, categories ranging from gadgets to combat, and even catwoman has a small "tree" to upgrade. the villains are not the smartest bunch but instead of feeling like the a.i is pathetic, i feel like there is no match for batman while im playing him. so they give me feelings of being a bad a** who's moves got moves rather than the feeling of just going through the motions. that wasnt/isnt a easy task. i am one w/ batman. and my weapons are not over powered, if anything they are designed for 2 primary reasons. # 1 stunning / confusing the villain or # 2 used to solve puzzles(riddles) , break through walls and create diversions etc. they do not kill. batman has use his muscle to put enemies on the ground. and my fav is the "DIVE BOMB" lol, coasting around finding villains and pressing the right trigger to dive into a mob never gets old. the campaign isnt long if you go from a to b. but solving all the riddles as well as side quests tacks on many hours, fun hours. and im not usually a big fan w/ a ton of side quests but there are exceptions and its usually when i dont want a game to end, batman is an exception. i dont want the game to finish, and thats what tells me that im playing something special. batman has alot to offer. and it offers them on a silver platter. the only faults ive found is the main villains, in my opinion they did not get enough screentime, they just seemed to be an after thought rather than challenging foes. dont get me wrong, the details and voice acting of the joker, penguin etc were top notch but i just wished their presence made a bigger impact , cameo's is a word that describes my feelings on certain villains. and not knowing how many more batmans are to come, just wished that i had more interaction w/ them in this game because this is the one which is truely as close to a superhero to video game translation ive seen to date, and ive been playing games since commodore 64,lol..
    i took a break to share my thoughts as the game is paused in the background and its been about 13 hours of gaming so far and i cant wait to pick the controller back up.
    i must be honest before i go. i had no true desire for this game. almost switched my pre-order to something else. i must say that i would have made a mistake if i did because this is everything i want in a game and more, this is by far oe of the best games i have played in a while. ive played just about everything, check my psn if you wish. this is one which i will replay and one which i wont want to let go of. i dont think a perfect 10 exists but i have to grade a game which is pretty close. i would rate a 9.5 but considering the games that get scores that high and falling way short in comparison well hey im giving it a 10. the music hits all the right notes , the graphics are sweet and the story is one to enjoy. ultimately this game hits all the right notes and is very worthy of goty contention.

if you a fan of batman or a fan of getting your monies worth in a game, then this is for you.
    if only rocksteady could call clark kent and have him sign a contract to jump in a phone booth and fly to our consoles. that would be nice...
  52. Feb 8, 2014
    First of all, the game is based on comics. This makes the story and characters fascinating. Also, this game has a great atmosphere, it really conforms with Batman. You can see the dark and gloomy feelings in the game.

The game play is amazing. You can use bunch of amazing gadgets easily and it's fun. The combats are simple and satisfying but couldn't have done better in my opinion. I

I want to talk about voice acting too. The whole cast made very good job. But especially Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill were spectacular. They really excited me. It's too bad that they weren't in Arkham Origins.

Also, I really love the side missions. They were almost entertaining as the main missions. Especially Riddler missions were mind blowing. The games of Ridder were perfect.

Lastly, the map is absolutely fantastic. It's very detailed and deliberative. It's huge, you always discover something astounding.

There are so many things I love in this game but I want to mention about these ones. In short, this game is the best superhero game of all time. Batman fans will fell in love with this game. 10 out of 10 for sure.
  53. Nov 23, 2011
    "Perfect" is as close to a description as your going to get with this game, though it isn't quite that, but going any lower can't be done with this game. Arkham Asylum was one of my favorite games, giving me the power of batman with all his gadgets, strength, smarts, and more importantly his morals. Arkham City follows on every aspect in that and adds much more. I loved it from start to"Perfect" is as close to a description as your going to get with this game, though it isn't quite that, but going any lower can't be done with this game. Arkham Asylum was one of my favorite games, giving me the power of batman with all his gadgets, strength, smarts, and more importantly his morals. Arkham City follows on every aspect in that and adds much more. I loved it from start to finish, but there were times where i felt that it could have done more with the villains. There were plenty of them, ranging from the well known Gotham faces such as Joker and Penguin, to the almost unknown Mad Hatter and Dead Shot. It's the many cameos that ruin it though, very few get any real time on screen and when they do its rarely a memorable moment. You will smile, cringe, or chuckle at them being there, but something new will appear and will move on. But that is my only problem with this game, there is nothing else i don't like. The combat is fast, powerful, and makes you feel like the Dark Knight is in control. The visuals of this game are awe-inspiring, sometimes its enough to make you just wana stop and look at it for a moment. Voice acting is a major step up this time, which every person in the game giving it a Oscar worthy sound. Mark Hamill steals the show as Joker, who is having problems after the first game, and Nolan North as Penguin is just as good to. The open world of Arkham City is a true open world experience as well, with the intensive being Riddler placing over 400+ trophies for you to find. Sadly Scarecrow does not make a return, and while those shoes...if he had any, are hard to fill, Riddler himself makes an appearance that is as memorable as any in the game. The story is vast and worth every minute of your time, but cameos are many and never given much time. Even Robin has one, but like the rest is only brief and just there to make you smile. Batman: Arkham City is worth you time and money though, be it if your a comic book lover, action game lover, or just someone who wants a great game for Christmas, you can't go wrong with this. Expand
  54. May 4, 2015
    I completed this game about 3-4 days after purchasing it and that doesn't mean it's a short game or anything; I just couldn't put the controller down.
  55. Jan 1, 2015
    Amazing game. I'm so excited for Arkham Knight. Honestly, it's not exactly my type of game, but it still caught my breath. After the story, there isn't much to do, honestly, but the campaign is great. Awesome storyline too. It's interesting how the amount of time taken to beat the game is about how long it is in the game.
  56. Oct 24, 2011
    This is a very good game. If you liked Arkham Asylum you will like Arkham City. It has a lot of the features Arkham Asylum had, but has a lot of extra features as well. If you did not like Arkham Asylum then you might not like Arkham City because it does not change enough of the formula to have completely different game mechanics. I loved it though. Graphics are great and so is the Gameplay.
  57. Jan 4, 2012
    Rocksteady is simply one of the best video game developers. They are able take one of the worst video game genres- comic book games, and turn it into one of the finest video games ever made. Batman: Arkham Asylum was an incredible game. I don't even read comic books and I still loved every thing about it. It made me feel like Batman and I always felt like a badass, sneaking up to thugs andRocksteady is simply one of the best video game developers. They are able take one of the worst video game genres- comic book games, and turn it into one of the finest video games ever made. Batman: Arkham Asylum was an incredible game. I don't even read comic books and I still loved every thing about it. It made me feel like Batman and I always felt like a badass, sneaking up to thugs and taking them down silently, dropping down onto them from a gargoyle and taking out dozens of enemies with ease. And now Batman Arkham City is out. It impresses with a fantastic story, incredible gameplay, great visuals, a great soundtrack, incredible voice acting and inventive Riddler challenges. Batman: Arkham City is a complete package. It can be challenging, fun, addictive, but never boring. I highly recommend getting this incredible game. It is certainly up there with Uncharted 3, Skyrim, Rage, Portal 2 and LittleBig Planet 2 as one of the best games that I have had the pleasure of playing this year. It isn't perfect, but it sure is close. Expand
  58. Mar 7, 2013
    The best game in years, everything about it is amazing. Story, gameplay, graphics, sound design, voice acting, absolutely everything is great. The main story is kind of short though, about 4-5 hours if you just do the main missions. There are side missions though, which make up for the length, a problem that Arkham Asylum had. I really liked the environment, the city at night was veryThe best game in years, everything about it is amazing. Story, gameplay, graphics, sound design, voice acting, absolutely everything is great. The main story is kind of short though, about 4-5 hours if you just do the main missions. There are side missions though, which make up for the length, a problem that Arkham Asylum had. I really liked the environment, the city at night was very memorable and it even changed a lot as you went through it. You could be in a fancy district with glass over the streets and then go to the rooftops of buildings surrounded by completely flooded streets. The best thing was the voice acting with the Joker and Batman, with the original voice actors that everybody knows. Gameplay is extremely fun and you could beat this game five times and not get bored. Expand
  59. Nov 27, 2011
    Having now played my 3 most anticipated games of the year (Zelda, Uncharted 3, and Batman) I can say with full confidence that this one was the best. This was the one which matched and exceeded my expectations. This was the game most eager to please, and by far the most successful. Where other games became bogged down by their attempts at epicness (Uncharted), pacing (Zelda), or spottyHaving now played my 3 most anticipated games of the year (Zelda, Uncharted 3, and Batman) I can say with full confidence that this one was the best. This was the one which matched and exceeded my expectations. This was the game most eager to please, and by far the most successful. Where other games became bogged down by their attempts at epicness (Uncharted), pacing (Zelda), or spotty controls (Uncharted, Zelda), Batman excels with it's developers deft touch; light enough not to be obtrusive, and heavy enough to keep things moving in the right direction. Skyward Sword is one giant fetch quest. Arkham City makes those fetch quests optional, and guess what: they're way more fun because of that. Rocksteady empowers the player and finds ways for them to succeed, not ways to slow them down or annoy them. Expand
  60. Dec 21, 2011
    Quite simply, this is why I play video games. In a sea of multiplayer titles, this gem immerses you into the beautifully dismal world of Gotham City, making YOU Batman while improving on it's nearly flawless 1st title (if that even seemed possible). I've played them all this year and BAC easily wins as game of the year. Absolutely everything Rocksteady throws at you is well conceived,Quite simply, this is why I play video games. In a sea of multiplayer titles, this gem immerses you into the beautifully dismal world of Gotham City, making YOU Batman while improving on it's nearly flawless 1st title (if that even seemed possible). I've played them all this year and BAC easily wins as game of the year. Absolutely everything Rocksteady throws at you is well conceived, ensuring a number of jaw-dropping moments that left me shaking my head with a childlike smile. Even if you're not a Bat-geek, you owe it to yourself to buy this game now, yes, now. Since GTA4, I've yet to wake up in the middle of the night and fire up my PS3 to continue the adventure. This game is easily a 10 (& I've only given MGS4 & GTA4 a 10 in my 25+ years as a gamer). Well done Rocksteady, you've finally made being a comic book hero a reality! Expand
  61. Jan 9, 2013
    nice graphics, gameplay,story,characters,voice acting, atmosphere but it is a bit limited because u cant drive btw GREAt weapons and the chicks r hawt the next one will be even better get this game it rocks though
  62. Oct 26, 2011
    It is a great game, but not perfect by any means. The combat is obviously the best part, with so much going on but always an absolute joy to play. The story and graphics are all good, as well as the detective elements. The only problems are, first the load times. Any time you retry or load a new area it can take up to 30 seconds just to load up. It can get frustrating when you play on hardIt is a great game, but not perfect by any means. The combat is obviously the best part, with so much going on but always an absolute joy to play. The story and graphics are all good, as well as the detective elements. The only problems are, first the load times. Any time you retry or load a new area it can take up to 30 seconds just to load up. It can get frustrating when you play on hard and must redo some parts to have to wait so long to load up. The biggest and most notable problem is the platforming. So many times I would look at a ledge or something I had just grappled to it and would not let me for some reason and I would spam the R1 button, because that is your best bet of getting anywhere, and it would spin me around and grapple something not even on the screen. It can be very frustrating. Also I would be standing next to a wall or ledge and it would not let me hang on it or grab on to it for no reason. They could have done a better job with that but great with EVERYTHING else besides a few minor errors and one major one.....great job rocksteady Expand
  63. Nov 23, 2011
    Aesthetic perfection. The balled-like flow to combat is as enjoyable as ever. I still prefer Arkham Asylum (it was my GOTY) because the game world was big enough to explore but small and contained enough to allow the story to be more focused. While City is technically bigger it feels unfocused and strangely small. If you're going to do a open world game then do it right and make Batman:Aesthetic perfection. The balled-like flow to combat is as enjoyable as ever. I still prefer Arkham Asylum (it was my GOTY) because the game world was big enough to explore but small and contained enough to allow the story to be more focused. While City is technically bigger it feels unfocused and strangely small. If you're going to do a open world game then do it right and make Batman: Gotham City. Expand
  64. Jul 6, 2013
    Take an awesome game like Batman Arkham Asylum, Throw in more villains, Catwoman, Robin, and alternate costumes and throw it into a bigger and better environment and Boom you got Batman Arkham City.
  65. Jun 16, 2012
    It's hard reviewing this game. It's indescribably awesome and listing it's awesomeness would take too long.
    So, I will just leave my thoughts about this game: if you're a Batman fan, BUY IT. If you're not but apreciate an action game with over the top graphics, astounding sound and soundtrack, thrilling and impressive story with remarkable characters, gameplay that features incredible boss fights, amazing combat, really cool stealth mechanics, open world exploration and a bit of puzzling, THAT'S YOUR GAME TOO.
    Rocksteady made open world masterpiece based on the most awesome comics character of all times. Don't miss it, please.
  66. Oct 7, 2012
    Are so fully packed basket of unexpected twists, to the best of Batman's enemies, top equipment and playability it for any other superhero. Good story
  67. Oct 23, 2011
    They say "Don't believe the hype" ... well... you better believe the hype! Sometimes you feel the love people put in something they craft. Uncharted, Mass Effect and also Batman. These developers know there stuff and that shows. This game is a showcase for a lot of developers out there.. This is what a good is all about! Great graphics, good gameplay, a lot of content, puzzles, story,They say "Don't believe the hype" ... well... you better believe the hype! Sometimes you feel the love people put in something they craft. Uncharted, Mass Effect and also Batman. These developers know there stuff and that shows. This game is a showcase for a lot of developers out there.. This is what a good is all about! Great graphics, good gameplay, a lot of content, puzzles, story, action, and YOU are the batman. Expand
  68. Dec 29, 2011
    SO this is how Super Hero game get made. Rocksteady does it again and even better this time around! Love everything about this game and if you liked the first one there is just more batman here to love.. not to mention the catwoman missions. also robin and nightwing depending on what copy you bought but all available as DLC. At first I was a bit taken aback at how small the open world ofSO this is how Super Hero game get made. Rocksteady does it again and even better this time around! Love everything about this game and if you liked the first one there is just more batman here to love.. not to mention the catwoman missions. also robin and nightwing depending on what copy you bought but all available as DLC. At first I was a bit taken aback at how small the open world of Arkham City is compared to other open worlds, even it's predecessor. But once you start playing you realize it is bigger than the map shows. Lots of interiors to explore and all the space inside and out is so jam packed with stuff to do that it becomes a lot bigger. Quite the opposite of something like Just Cause 2 where there is largely dead space on a huge map, This is a smaller map with TONS of things to do. Then add in the challenge maps and you have one hefty game. The characters are great and so is the story. This is a must buy for any fan of Batman, the series or open world adventure games. Expand
  69. Oct 20, 2011
    A stunning achievement. The Dark Knight has already Risen with the release of Arkham City. Gonna be hard for Christopher Nolan to top this....seriously. Rocksteady Games has delivered on all the promise of to come in Arkham Asylum and released a stellar game stocked full of hours upon hours of gameplay, secrets, unlockables, and godlike awesomeness. If you loved Batman: The Animated SeriesA stunning achievement. The Dark Knight has already Risen with the release of Arkham City. Gonna be hard for Christopher Nolan to top this....seriously. Rocksteady Games has delivered on all the promise of to come in Arkham Asylum and released a stellar game stocked full of hours upon hours of gameplay, secrets, unlockables, and godlike awesomeness. If you loved Batman: The Animated Series like I did, then welcome to gaming nirvana. A beautifully rendered world created specifically for Batman (ahem, and *Catwoman*) to prowl and terrorize the weak and evil criminals of Gotham (err Arkham?). Batman is a walking Weapon of Mass Destruction in this game, it's utterly insane how awesome it is to kick ass with the Bat. And Catwoman is rendered PERFECTLY. Playing with her with put a smile on your face EVERY SINGLE TIME. It's heavenly. While the game has a few flaws, the lack of Two-Face who disappears after an awesome intro until the end of the game, NO BATMOBILE (this disappointed me the most because the open world set up literally invites this idea to be in the game, come on Rocksteady add the Batmobile PLEASE!!!), and some minor hiccups along the way that I won't spoil. But the game is still gorgeous, remarkable, brilliant, stunning, and glorious. Every gamer owes it to themselves to play it. Expand
  70. USG
    Nov 21, 2011
    Arkham City is a stellar game that improves on Arkham Asylum featuring a fantastic open world and familiar, great voice acting by much of the cast from Batman: The Animated Series (notably Mark Hamill as the Joker). The scenery is fantastic and gliding between missions is an enjoyable experience. The gameplay is extremely smooth and complimented with competent difficulty settings andArkham City is a stellar game that improves on Arkham Asylum featuring a fantastic open world and familiar, great voice acting by much of the cast from Batman: The Animated Series (notably Mark Hamill as the Joker). The scenery is fantastic and gliding between missions is an enjoyable experience. The gameplay is extremely smooth and complimented with competent difficulty settings and various missions. Unfortunately, the story mode could be longer considering its engagement (and, of course, the entire game is single player). There are not enough side-missions to keep a player around long once the game is finished. Gathering Riddler trophies can become an unpleasurable task at the end of the game preventing some players to keep at it. Downloadable content keeps the player active for longer, but not too long. By the time the story is finished along with all side-missions and gadget upgrades, there is not much motivation to continue in the city. Otherwise, anybody who has an interest for Batman would find this game great, with dialog from the characters to models. Expand
  71. Nov 11, 2012
    Gas, man. Seriously. Bouts of some freaking ridiculous gas came exploding out of me for like a week. Coupled with painful stomach cramps. I thought my stomach was swallowing itself for a little while there but damn... Never had better gas in my life!
  72. Nov 24, 2011
    Arkham City is truly a superb game, for both normal gamers and die hard comic fans. The game has fluid gameplay with an excellent combat system that can be as deep as you want to take it, and moving around the map is a breeze once you obtain certain upgrades. The graphics are beautiful and the voice acting is top notch, as Batman and his rogues gallery are all brought to life in satisfyingArkham City is truly a superb game, for both normal gamers and die hard comic fans. The game has fluid gameplay with an excellent combat system that can be as deep as you want to take it, and moving around the map is a breeze once you obtain certain upgrades. The graphics are beautiful and the voice acting is top notch, as Batman and his rogues gallery are all brought to life in satisfying fashion, and the story is one of the best Batman tales you'll find. There is a lot of fan service to comic readers that makes the experience that much richer for them, but doesn't drag down the game for anyone who is unfamiliar with Batman lore. There are an incredible number of villains that make an appearance, but the story plays out in a way that none of them are present just for the sake of throwing them in. Just when you think you've encountered everything Arkham City has to offer, you find another hidden portion that blows your mind. Arkham City is by far the best game to come out this year, and is a must play for everyone, whether or not you played Arkham Asylum. Expand
  73. Oct 25, 2011
    As a huge fan of Batman I am just happy and proud to say that Batman: Arkham City is one of the if not the best best super hero and comic book game of all time. Arkham Asylum itself was a great game but Arkham City just almost surpasses it in every way. Instead of an island we have a whole large city to explore and there is so much stuff to do that once you get yourself into this amazingAs a huge fan of Batman I am just happy and proud to say that Batman: Arkham City is one of the if not the best best super hero and comic book game of all time. Arkham Asylum itself was a great game but Arkham City just almost surpasses it in every way. Instead of an island we have a whole large city to explore and there is so much stuff to do that once you get yourself into this amazing Batman universe you will not want to escape. This game just makes you feel like you are Batman. They also bring in alot of villians from the Batman universe all the classic villians like Two-face, Joker, Penguin among others are all here that is just pure nostalgia for long time Batman fans like myself. The main mission itself is very long and enthralling and will easily take you around 20 to 25 hours and it is just totally awesome with so many areas that you to stealth and even fight your way through in this game, some sections of the game where you have to put your fun gadgets to good use. And perhaps the biggest improvement in this game is the boss battles instead of mostly having thug battles, this game actually provides good, well designed and fun boss battles all of which are very unique and entertaining in their own. The Story despite being a little confusing and complex at times fits the batman universe and once you beat a mission you will just keep coming back for more as this game just sucks you in its universe. But thats not all there is to it, the game has even more and better challenges than its predecessor, the ability to play as Catwoman and Robin via DLCs, other side missions within the game and even the riddler challenges and trophies are funner to do this time around. The only drawback is that in order to understand the Catwoman's part of the story and get all the riddler's challenges done in the game you have to buy her DLC from the get go which may prevent some players from experiencing the whole game if they cannot afford it. Completing the game 100% will take you more than 40 hours which gives this game a very long lasting appeal along with its already high replay value. The music and voice acting are just excellent, the music always suites the environment and builds the feel of the game and all the actors provide excellent voice overs for all the characters with ofcourse Mark Hamill stealing the show as Joker. The graphics are also awesome, the characters models are well detailed and the environments are just excellent the game itself provides a really great comic book feel. In the end Batman Arkham City is a great achievement on the part of Rocksteady Studios and arguably the greatest superhero and comic book game of all time and a potential contender for the Game of the Year 2011. I am proud to be a Batman fan. Expand
  74. Mar 31, 2012
    This game is absolutely incredible. It is better than the best. The detail and level of immersion is beyond any game I've seen in years and the story is fantastic, voice acting is the best I've ever seen, character detail, map detail and placement of items and quests, it is all 125% perfect.

I have put Rocksteady on my A list. I never heard of them before, but they are the best of the best.

I just cannot express how much fun this game is, and that is something that is lacking in so many other games. It isn't just about the graphics (which are superb) or the attention to detail... this game is FUN!

Thank you for bringing this game to market. I will willingly hand over my money if you continue to make games like this, great story, NOT dumbed down to the Lowest Common Denominator, plenty of game time, original ideas and fight mechanics, it is just a freaking joy to experience this game.

Thank You!

Playing this game feels like there is at least one company (besides Valve) that gives a crap what the fans think.

I'm gushing, gushing, but this game... you just have to play it to believe how good it is.
  75. Feb 20, 2012
    Batman: Arkham City coming to consoles to reaffirm its position as the best game inspired by superheroes. The Rocksteady managed to repeat the feat of the previous game and expanded universe character even more. With a fantastic plot that surprising since the first scene, the title still offers subtitles in Portuguese, and hours of operation in a city full of mysteries, villains and thingsBatman: Arkham City coming to consoles to reaffirm its position as the best game inspired by superheroes. The Rocksteady managed to repeat the feat of the previous game and expanded universe character even more. With a fantastic plot that surprising since the first scene, the title still offers subtitles in Portuguese, and hours of operation in a city full of mysteries, villains and things to discover. Expand
  76. Nov 26, 2011
    Arkham City isn't only fun but has a beautiful story, awesome characters and an interesting environment to explore. Unlike its predecessor, this game gives you much more to do after beating the main story. I really have nothing to say, I gave it a 10 and its perfect for me.
  77. Oct 18, 2011
    One of the greatest games of all time. Rocksteady has not only one-upped Arkham Asylum, they obliterated it. The story is excellent and starts off with an extremely intense arrest. The voice acting is absolutely flawless for the most part. Kevin Conroy knocked it out of the park as Batman (as always), this is easily one of his best performances. Mark Hamill was fantastic as Joker, andOne of the greatest games of all time. Rocksteady has not only one-upped Arkham Asylum, they obliterated it. The story is excellent and starts off with an extremely intense arrest. The voice acting is absolutely flawless for the most part. Kevin Conroy knocked it out of the park as Batman (as always), this is easily one of his best performances. Mark Hamill was fantastic as Joker, and Corey Burton was amazing as Strange. Tara had some big shoes to fill by playing Harley Quinn, but she did it, and boy was she good. The weakest voice in the game is the Penguin's. It's not terrible, but it doesn't match the rest of the game's quality voices. Nolan North is very talented, but someone like Ray Winstone would have been better. The gameplay is amazing and extremely fine-tuned, the story is interesting and engaging, the dialogue is insanely awesome and there's just so much content in the game! A definite 10/10 from me. Expand
  78. Dec 29, 2012
    I loved this game. Even if you are not a Batman fun you will love this game because it has every ingredient an action game should have:a perfect mix of funny combat and puzzles, great story and characters and the all the "dark knight" feeling. The combat system is one the best i've seen in action games and you will enjoy every fight you get into. I don't give it a 10 just because some partI loved this game. Even if you are not a Batman fun you will love this game because it has every ingredient an action game should have:a perfect mix of funny combat and puzzles, great story and characters and the all the "dark knight" feeling. The combat system is one the best i've seen in action games and you will enjoy every fight you get into. I don't give it a 10 just because some part can be too difficult and annoying even for a skilled gamer. Expand
  79. Oct 29, 2011
    After spending roughly 40 hours completing everything (as Batman) and getting the platinum trophy, I can say that this is a worthy follow up to Arkham Asylum but some things about this game felt "too much". Rocksteady perfectly captured what I'd always imagined it would be like to be Batman in an open city. Being a sequel, it lacks the freshness of Arkham Asylum but they did a lot of workAfter spending roughly 40 hours completing everything (as Batman) and getting the platinum trophy, I can say that this is a worthy follow up to Arkham Asylum but some things about this game felt "too much". Rocksteady perfectly captured what I'd always imagined it would be like to be Batman in an open city. Being a sequel, it lacks the freshness of Arkham Asylum but they did a lot of work under the hood. The game environments are bigger (but do suffer from noticeable screen tearing and longer loading times), the voicework and music are fantastic and there's tons of new moves/gadgets to use. With all of that said, it seems like many things were added to this game without much consideration. Even as an experienced Arkham Asylum player, it took me quite a while to get adjusted to all the mechanics of this game. The new moves and gadgets aren't as fluid in combat as those in the last game were and I frequently found myself doing things that were downright clumsy. And with so many enemies on screen during combat, it's very easy to get blindsided which can be frustrating. You'll still spend a lot of time in Detective Mode but at least they've fixed it so that it's informative without providing any explicit answers. The solo campaign falls a bit short compared to the first game and some of the additional content feels tacked on (saving political prisoners and destroying TITAN containers to name a few). Catwoman is playable and has her own episodes (included with new copies, otherwise it'll cost you $10) which play a very small part. Her character and moves are captured well but she's simply not as fun to use as Batman though it is a nice change of pace. Again, let me say that this is a great follow-up but feels a bit messy and convoluted at times. And although it is a must play game, in my honest opinion, Arkham Asylum was simply a better experience from start to finish. Expand
  80. Dec 14, 2011
    Possibly one of the greatest games ever made, the plot and gameplay is incredible, you will be scared, and the villians are incredible, a great follow up to the first game Batman Arkahm Asylum, It is suspensful, and action packed. All in all it is a great game, that everyone should love.
  81. Apr 13, 2013
    if I could give this game more than a ten I would this game is amazing the combat is fluid and easy to learn the story is fantastic and playing as catwoman is so much fun this game is a must have for any real gamer
  82. Dec 14, 2014
    Arkham City has to be the best Batman game I've ever played. It truly captures the essence of Batman. You really feel like you're the Caped Crusader here. Most everything about this game is great, from the combat, to the boss battles, to the story, and the voice acting. The only complaint I have is that the city itself wasn't terribly interesting. And while it is fitting in a Batman game,Arkham City has to be the best Batman game I've ever played. It truly captures the essence of Batman. You really feel like you're the Caped Crusader here. Most everything about this game is great, from the combat, to the boss battles, to the story, and the voice acting. The only complaint I have is that the city itself wasn't terribly interesting. And while it is fitting in a Batman game, the city was still fairly boring to traverse through. Nonetheless, if you still haven't played Arkham City, I'd say it's a must buy for sure. Expand
  83. Jan 31, 2015
    Probably one of the best games of all time. Takes the formula from first game and refines it, adds in a true open world setting, makes you feel like the Batman. The Riddlers Revenge challenge maps will drive you crazy (in a good way). Would also recommend the Nightwing DLC - quite a fun character to play.
  84. Oct 19, 2011
    this game is a testament to batman fans from all around the world with great voice acting,excellent graphics capturing the look and feel of batman and with great gameplay.
  85. Nov 4, 2011
    I been playing this game since the day it released and Rocksteady Studios has made the best superhero game or maybe one of the best games I ever played. But it is a little bit overrated in Metacritic for the critic scores. I recommend you go buy this game right away.
  86. Nov 16, 2011
    I love this game so faar..
    Many changes on this game since before..
    So the batman can go arround the city and do side missions.. Like helping people from thugs and did riddler mystery.. And the part im love from this game.. The other character like catwoman and robin appears on this game.. But unfortunately we can control and play with this character directly It must download from psn
    I love this game so faar..
    Many changes on this game since before..

So the batman can go arround the city and do side missions..
    Like helping people from thugs and did riddler mystery..

And the part im love from this game..
    The other character like catwoman and robin appears on this game..
    But unfortunately we can control and play with this character directly It must download from psn store as dlc..
    And the minus from this game..

We dont give a chance to try batride like batmobile, bathoat and etc..

But the overal this game will being nominator game of the year this month.
    So i give score 9.

And good job rocksteady.
    I hope the other game heroes can be like this game sometime
  87. Jan 6, 2013
    I wasn't all that crazy about Batman: Arkham Asylum, but Arkham City improved on everything that I had an issue with. The game looks and plays great, the voice acting is phenomenal, and the only thing I wanted to do after finishing the story was keep playing.
  88. Jul 12, 2012
    The best Batman Game ever made.I got the goty edition on ps3 but played Arkham city when it first came out on xbox 360.so I got the goty edition for my ps3 and this is still the most amazing game ever made.the story and graphics are superb and the gameplay is just amazing.you must play this game.
  89. Oct 23, 2011
    This game has it ALL. You can't just play this game through...you have to play AT it in chunks and bits for WEEKS. Oh, and lookie lookie at this "big WEENIE's score of the game, mac7421" gave it a 4, and gave Gears III a "2" and Mass Effect a "3"...but guess what mac7421 gave a PERFECT 10 for ??? Duke Nukem Forever!! bwahahahahahah I'm crapin' my pants!! bwahahahahahaah His AVERAGE scoreThis game has it ALL. You can't just play this game through...you have to play AT it in chunks and bits for WEEKS. Oh, and lookie lookie at this "big WEENIE's score of the game, mac7421" gave it a 4, and gave Gears III a "2" and Mass Effect a "3"...but guess what mac7421 gave a PERFECT 10 for ??? Duke Nukem Forever!! bwahahahahahah I'm crapin' my pants!! bwahahahahahaah His AVERAGE score he gives Triple A games is a "4.7" What a punk, it would have been lower but Duke and Dead Island really pulled it up! Batman is polished, fun, plenty to do, outstanding story, lots of drama...and I don't like superhero games. Pick one up today because they are not going to drop in price for awhile, like Black Ops took a while. And go punk mac7421 because he's a jerk. Expand
  90. Nov 5, 2011
    This game is a must have for whoever owns a console. This games beginning to the end is really engaging and it really outdoes itself in every aspect of gaming from puzzles,combat,replayability and fun factor. The camera really focuses on what you character does every step of the way and doesnt get you sidetracked or lost. The controls are set correctly like its predecessor which if youThis game is a must have for whoever owns a console. This games beginning to the end is really engaging and it really outdoes itself in every aspect of gaming from puzzles,combat,replayability and fun factor. The camera really focuses on what you character does every step of the way and doesnt get you sidetracked or lost. The controls are set correctly like its predecessor which if you havent played you must pick it it before you get this one. The amount of bosses you fight in this game outdoes the first game. The side missions are fun to do before or after you beat the game. My complaints have to be the pass in order to play catwoman and her involvement in the campaign. Like the robin and nightwing challenge modes. I think it would have been cool if they had there own campaign seperate from batman and meet up with him in certain areas to get gadgets or clues from him to strengthen the storyline. But this game rocks and it exceeded my expectaions and deserves to be Game of the year. Expand
  91. Mar 18, 2012
    This game puts you right in Batman's shoes and keeps you there for the entire game. Although the Riddler's Revenge Mode is rather boring, this game is constantly leaving you with a feeling of awe. The fluency of exploring the open-world of Arkham City is great and the plot is very well done.
  92. Sep 17, 2012
    Wow. Just wow. I mean Arkham City is easily one of this generations best games. I mean Rocksteady added so much more things to do. They added Side Missions, more riddlers, and you can explore the open world of Arkham City which is just amazing. Perfect 10 from me.
  93. May 8, 2013
    Flawless and one of the best games i have ever played in my entire life. Graphics and controls are so perfect i cant even begin to describe how amazing they are. Storyline was easy to follow and was well done. The combat and detective elements were impressive. A great masterpiece and awesome free world
  94. Jan 19, 2012
    The only reason I am not giving this a 10 is because the game throws you into this immense world too quickly without allowing the player to get a better feel for the controls and environment. But after you play it for a while, you pick up on things. This game took everything that was awesome from the first one and made it better and then threw it into an open world environment. It alsoThe only reason I am not giving this a 10 is because the game throws you into this immense world too quickly without allowing the player to get a better feel for the controls and environment. But after you play it for a while, you pick up on things. This game took everything that was awesome from the first one and made it better and then threw it into an open world environment. It also added tons of side missions that were a welcome break in the action, as well as much improved (and more challenging) Riddler puzzles. The story was long and satisfying, but the ending was only a little above average. Overall, I think this might have been the best game of 2011. Expand
  95. May 25, 2012
    Excellent game, although seems to try and through everything into the game for the mere sake of it and the story suffers as a result.

Not as good Arkham Asylum, but a brilliant game nevertheless.
  96. Sep 6, 2014
    This game... is... amazing! It's one of my favourite games of all time! I love the Story, I love the Graphics, I love the Free roam I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS GAME ITS A MASTERPIECE! When batman Arkham Asylum came out and I played it I was like, You cant get better than this, This is amazing! Then I got Arkham City... and boy I couldn't have been more wrong!
  97. Feb 23, 2012
    A must buy for gamers.A must buy for gamers. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Expand
  98. Jan 24, 2012
    This game looks awesome and it is fun to play. the developer keeps the success story from arkham asylum witch was a really awesome game. The game looks sleek, it runs smooth, the missions and quest are fun and you will spend some serious time getting the riddlers riddle`s done. The game is overall awesome and should be in every gamers collection.
  99. Nov 12, 2011
    The moment you step foot into Arkham city you know the scale is incredible. The entire city just embodies the spirit of Batman. Exploring all the nooks and crannies can result in countless lost hours that you'll enjoy ! Character models are diverse and the story picks up right where Arkham asylum left off. Controls are tight and the skill tree can help you shape Batman's move and gadgetThe moment you step foot into Arkham city you know the scale is incredible. The entire city just embodies the spirit of Batman. Exploring all the nooks and crannies can result in countless lost hours that you'll enjoy ! Character models are diverse and the story picks up right where Arkham asylum left off. Controls are tight and the skill tree can help you shape Batman's move and gadget set the way you see fit.

I couldn't give the game a 9.5 like I wanted so I rounded up, and the only reason I can't regard this as a 10 of 10 is because the character cramming. To me it seemed to me like they wanted to put every face possible regardless if they had anything to do with the story. But a minor complaint I suppose, also the combat system to me is hard to perfect. It seemed like sometimes I kept combos going easily, and other times for no explainable reason my combos were debunked.

All in all this is a must own game for any system you have, If you haven't played Arkham asylum you should. If you haven't played a good Batman game than you've never played this series. This is hands down the most incredible Batman game series ever made!
  100. Jun 12, 2012
    Almost flawless. Just when i thought the series could not get any better, of course rocksteady proves me wrong. the game improves in almost every aspect of the previous game. The combat is more fluid and the graphics are better. The storyline captivates you and keeps you coming back for more. There is so much to do in arkham city with all the side missions and the riddles now with over 400Almost flawless. Just when i thought the series could not get any better, of course rocksteady proves me wrong. the game improves in almost every aspect of the previous game. The combat is more fluid and the graphics are better. The storyline captivates you and keeps you coming back for more. There is so much to do in arkham city with all the side missions and the riddles now with over 400 riddles. But now you need to access enough riddles to save the hostages that Edward Enigma took. The game is full of easter eggs that tie into the first game and its a blast trying to find them. The challenge maps are extremely fun yet difficult. The DLC is great even though harley quinns revenge was kind of a disappointment. overall this is one of the best games i have ever played and it will go down as one of my favorite games of all time. Any person that gave a negative review is a hater and likes the game vampire rain. Expand

1. Arkham City is the best reflection of the Batman-comic books ever. Not because of the sheer amount of famous enemies that challenge our hero, but thanks to the amazing atmosphere that oozes from every pore of this remarkable action game. [Nov 2011, p.70]
  2. Nov 29, 2011
    All in all, outside of a few minor issues, I couldn't ask for a better Batman experience. If Arkham City was a graphic novel, it would be considered a classic.
  3. Arkham City should be celebrated as a shining achievement for the action-adventure genre for its masterful execution. [Holiday 2011, p.70]