7.7

1. Oct 25, 2013
    The cape is finally black, and there are no man panties in sight. Now Rocksteady should learn to make a serviceable Batman by omitting the absurd blue/purple cape and briefs, their Batman design is a walking paradox.
    P.S. The grey belt is nice, keep that too.
  2. Oct 25, 2013
    Glad I didn't listen to the nitpickers. AO is more of the same, but when same is good, no reason to trash it. Clearly much has been re-used, but you get to be Batman once again. It's like getting back behind the wheel of your favorite car. Some of the styling has changed but the game oozes pure caped crusader with little touches that evoke all the previous lore: from the Animated Series all the way through the Dark Knight movies. Haven't even gotten through the first part of the map but I definitely expect that each of the many big pieces of Gotham will have its own boss to deal with. Very surprised that the new voice actor sounds just like a young version of Kevin Conroy--great casting. Occasional freeze here and there and some audio cuts out but overall a quality production. Didn't expect or want any total overhaul of the previous two games so it's not such a bad thing that Rocksteady let WB Montreal at their code. I had my doubts when I first heard of the new team, but they did a great job with their own piece of the Arkham story so this game definitely belongs in my collection with the others. Expand
  3. Oct 28, 2013
    Batman: Arkham Origins isn't as good as Arkham City or Arkham Asylum.
    But it's still a hell of a good game!
    Brilliant Villains (Boss fights may be a bit uninspired but still fun!)
    Great Story, A roller-coaster of emotions.
  4. Oct 26, 2013
    A must buy game 4 sure, absolute gold new gadgets, new enemies, better presentation and a a character defining tale make this game stand on its on two feet beside its 2 brilliant predecessors
  5. Oct 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Very impressive. And storytelling is very beautiful. And events are interrelated. The sequel to the previous parts. From my point of view deserves to be one of the most beautiful games delirious year. Because the game where the depth of the story and hand banger play Expand
  6. Oct 25, 2013
    As a huge fan of the Arkham games and Batman in general, I'm really liking this game so far, so if you're standing next to it wondering if you should buy it, it's worth it. The story nails it as an origin, with Batman being more of a myth than the Caped Crusader he is in the first two games. All the villains are given a more bad-ass look. Bane looks a lot cooler than the Paul Dini-style "big green tubes shooting out of his back, and The Riddler is more mysterious and incognito than his outlandish counterpart. The gameplay is similar, but they've put a twist on your goals and upgrade method. If you have a lot of experience with the first 2 games, you'll most likely start on Hard, which IS hard. You're forced to use a lot more counters because in a large group, guys can hit you quickly while you're landing a punch on another enemy.

If you love the first two Arkham games, get it.

If you're new to the series, try Asylum or City first.
  7. Oct 26, 2013
    I absolutely have no idea of why biased critics like ign and gamespot are bashing the game when it improves upon its predecessors in many aspects.The game is excellent sequel to arkham city and successfully builds upon its phenomenal combat and free roam system.The combo and cover system is as satisfying as ever especially when fighting the deadly ninjas.Like arkham city many collectable items can be found on the map which is big enough and the story is terrific and really make good use of the characters.Like every game it does has its shortcomings though,the city does feel empty(not crowded other than enemies on marked areas) and many of gadgets at BAT'S disposal really cant be put to good use following level design and some may feel that large chunk of the Origins map is a copy paste from Arkham city and borrows heavily from its gameplay and level mechanics instead of bringing new innovative ideas, but thats not necessarily a bad thing.Keeping in View,its being attempted by WarnerBros for the first time,this game is another beautiful addition in the beautiful series.Well done Warner Bros..thumbs up Expand
  8. Oct 25, 2013
    I have to say I was worried about this game not been developed by Rocksteady but I was wrong this game is just as good as the first two games the game looks great the city is vast enough the villains are cool the gadgets are top notch the boss fight are intense like the Deathstroke boss fight now that bastard was hard and I think the story is the best I've seen in an Arkham game like I said I was worried but now I played it I was surprised to see the standard was the same if you are a fan of the other games this is right up your ally best superhero game this year 10 out of 10 Expand
  9. Oct 27, 2013
    If you are a Batman fanatic like myself, you will love this game. It really shows off Batsy's incredible strength and intelligence as he straddles the line between ultra-detective and superhero. Some people are disappointed that WB stole a lot of the old map, but they'd be stupid not to. This is Gotham city, and arkham is a part of Gotham. The fighting mechanics are just as fluid as ever, and I love all of the incredibly entertaining and clever. Stop reading this review and just buy the game already. Expand
  10. Oct 25, 2013
    I am huge Arkham fan, but primarily a Batman fan, so far it has not disappointed me in any way, the only thing that sets it back IMO is that it's more of the same from the last 2 games. But if you liked those games there is no reason not to like this one and to all the comic book fans I think this one considering how many characters they throw in to the mix is the best one.
  11. Oct 25, 2013
    Batman Arkham Origins is a game that sets the stage for Arkham City. For people that gave the game a score below 8, i should say: If i ain't broken, don't fix it". Arkham origins is exactly like Arkham City with some improvements and a bigger city. Anyone who loved Arkham City should love Arkham origins. The game is great. Some say it doesn't add anything new to the series and just more of the same. That is not true. Arkham origins may not be innovative in the series but it succeeds in improving gameplay mechanics. The story is worth of the Arkham saga, its just very very good.

You have a great story with a very familiar and yet better gameplay in a bigger city than the one you loved before. So there you have the perfect combination that proves that Arkham origins is a awesome game. Do yourself a favor and get it, Do not listen to the bad critics. You will not regret it.
  12. Oct 27, 2013
    Így 3 nap távlatából milyen érzéssel keltem fel a székemből a game befejezése után? Elég érdekes érzésekkel. Úgy éreztem mintha már játszottam volna ezt a játékot. Hiába akartak túl szárnyalni a két elődöt szerintem ez nem sikerült. Bár lehet hogy a trilógia leggyengébb része de még így is egy nagyon jó játék. Mivel rengeteg in-game tartalom van benne és a New game plus is rengeteg lehetőséget ad. Amellett igen sötétre is sikerült és garantáltan hozza a Arkham élet érzést és sötét tónusait. Személy szerint 10-ből 8,5-t adok mivel érződik a lehúzás szag egy adott pontból nem gond ez de akkor sem szerettem Végső szóként csak azt tudom mondani hogy mindenkinek ajánlom fanoktól kezdve az új játékosokig. Hiszen lehet hogy egy nagyon erős trilógia leggyengébb tagja de csak azért mert az előző részhez képest nem tudott újat változtatni. Hogy ez gond? Nos ezt mindenki döntse el saját maga. Számomra egy kellemes élmény volt és újra meg fogom ismételni. Batman Arkham Origins 10-ből 8,5. Expand
  13. Oct 26, 2013
    The best game ever. The history exicting and sensational. There's not a change in mobility and thematic, but this does not lose the essence of the others Arkhams
  14. Oct 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The only thing lacking in Origins is the ambition of the gameplay. Arkham City was a drastic and tasteful improvement in Asylum as far as mechanics, combat, design, gadgets, and exploration. The darkness of the story is brilliant and (semi-spoiler ahead) the fact that the origins part comes to play with Batman's first encounter with the Joker couldn't have been better executed. I personally enjoy revisiting the old city and still feel they introduced plenty of new content and areas. It's not a dang glorified expansion. An amazing game, if you loved Asylum and City it's a just have. Extremely underrated. Expand
  15. Oct 28, 2013
    Love all these arkham games. They're the best. Jump on a roof, glide off, beat the hell out of some thugs. The story is amazing, the combat moves are perfect
  16. Oct 29, 2013
    This game is solid, best story in Batman Arkham timeline by a country mile, completely un predictable, arguably a bigger plot twist then in Arkham City when the Joker dies, and tons of PS3 FREE DLC!

This game is getting 8's which is great but people were ready to kill this game when they heard Rocksteady wasn't making it, this game is head above heels better then Arkham Asylum &
    depending on how you like your Batman the more traditional or younger & quite frankly more bad a$$ then this might be the best game to date…

So what if there isn't a lot of new stuff in the open world.. Arkham City wasn't broken so Arkham Origins didn't fix it.. 10/10 best character driven story out of all the 3 Arkham games to date, it's a must OWN.
  17. Oct 26, 2013
    I am just over 6 hours into the game so far. I loved the previous games, but I felt that the only major difference between AA and AC was that AC was open world. The story in both previous games was great, and so far the story in this game is also great.

In a lot of ways I like the story in this game more. It has a darker tone overall. Batman is new on the scene, the cops and criminals
    don't really know who he is and most even doubt that he exists.

When it comes down to it, AO is more of the same with a few differences and on a larger scale. As far as I am concerned, the same applies to AC as a sequel. I'm not sure why AO is being rated down for this while the same critics praised AC for doing the same.

It's worth bearing in mind that the same critics have praised games like CoD year in, year out for releasing the exact same game, tweaked slightly, not expanded on at all...Go figure. Maybe the reviewers weren't paid off...

The 100 vs 1 mode is an excellent addition to the challenge mode and pretty tough! The combat is as satisfying as ever, and their interpretation of a younger, less experienced Batman is great.

All in all, if you enjoyed the previous games for their puzzles, combat and story, you will enjoy this too, as long as you don't have any unrealistic expectations about it being a dramatic departure from AC. It is mostly more of the same excellent gameplay as before, but with improved visuals and a new and compelling story.

I haven't tried the MP yet, so I can't comment on that, but it isn't why I bought this game...I came for the SP story and the 100 vs 1 combat extravaganza and I haven't been disappointed!
  18. Oct 27, 2013
    First off, this is a fantastic game for anyone who is into polished adventure games. It is a goldmine for anyone who is remotely a fan. Unfortunately what happens when you have a series with a spectacular reputation, games like this don't get reviewed objectively because they're being compared to the titles that came before it.. Such is the case with Batman: Arkham Origins.
    Yes, this is
    a Batman game bearing the 'Arkham' name however it is an entity on it's own so let's treat it as such. With a brilliant story and voice acting combined with some of the best Boss fights I've yet to encounter in gaming, Arkham Origins is a Tour De Force that will satisfy the pickiest of gamers (and Batman fans). It stays true to his 'Origins' and introduces a plethora of eye candy and clever missions accompanied with some very slick graphics. Once again you truly feel like you're Batman as you work your way through the familiar, fluid button azz kicking and gadget assault on a variety of henchmen throughout Gotham. The boss battles are quite challenging and take patience to navigate, something that Warner Montreal knocked out of the park. And the Joker.. Well, let's say he's as addictive as ever (which is a good thing considering his voice over actor has changed). Brilliant.
    If this game could have been reviewed on it's own it would easily have scored a 90+ by the bulk of the 'professional' critics. That being said, if you're still on the fence with this game, I urge you to check out the user reviews along with trusting your gut.. From this Batman-loving gamer, it is worth every penny and should be spinning in your console right now. Next to GTA V and The Last Of Us, it has been my favourite gaming experience this year and will be replayed as soon as I stop writing this review.
    Buy-this-game. I promise you'll thank me later.
  19. Oct 26, 2013
    Brilliant Game! People are forgetting this is an origin story and is set before the first 2 games. It shows us the characters before they become what we know, its a young batman who isn't as wise as we know him to be. The story was brilliant and the setting of Gotham looked beautiful with it being Christmas in Gotham.
  20. Oct 29, 2013
    This game is seriously being underrated.

Is it as good as Arkham City? No...BUT mainly because it really doesnt change much up. If this game had come out after Asylum and before AC, or before BOTH, this game would be getting much more praise than it has. The story is excellent and "neater" than AC.

The only things to mentioned that are really negative are the framerate a few
    bugs. The framerate at certain parts is pretty bad....but its not so bad that it hinders the experience. And then there are more bugs than previous Arkhams had. For instance, there were a few times where I saw enemeies running in place, and sometimes in mid air...and there was one time I saw a sniper between two platforms, point at a wall. But, it was only a few times.

Another minor complaint is that the controls dont seem QUITE as repsonsive as they were in AC, but not extremely noticeable...but still noticeable enough...however you could make the argument that Batman is not quite as instinctive as he is later in his career and thus, slower to react.

Also, another minor gripe is the city feels too empty....moreso than AC....mainly because its a much bigger area of the city, civilian populated area, and not enough going on. Even with the curfew thing, Christmas Eve and the weather, I still found myself hoping that there were some civilians at some point....there didnt need to be ton, but some scattered around the city wouldve been nice.

The story is fantastic for what it is. The game is soley to develop Batman and his relationship with Gordon and the city of Gotham. It doesnt develop the enemies as well as the other games (except the Joker, who is done very well, and maybe Bane)....but they do an excellent job with Bruce Wayne, Batman, his relationship with Alfred, Jim Gordon and the city of Gotham. You can truly feel that Batman is gaining trust and by the end, you feel like you will be trusted much more going forward.

Voice acting is superb. Roger Craig Smith brings more vigor and grit than Conroy (although Conroy is still the king) and Troy Baker sounds maniacal as the Joker, and most of the time, sound just like Hammill.

The scores dont allow for decimal points so I rounded up, but I give this game an 8.7. If this game came out before AC, Id give it a 9.5 or so, but not enough changed.

All in all, its a very good game and very enjoyable if you liked the first two. Some haters try to act like its greatly inferior to the first 2, which is complete nonsense. Anyone saying that is likely a narrow minded fanboy that wrote the game off as soon as it was announced Rocksteady and Conroy were not involved. That is not to say there are no legit reasons not to like the game, but people giving it a 0-3 are just hating. Even if you dont like it, there is no way this game ranks under a 5. At the very worst, its an average game, but trust me, if you liked the first 2 and you arent a fanboy of Rocksteady or Conroy/Hammill, you will like this game. You may not LOVE it...but you will like it.

Bottom line....even with its minor flaws, its a great way to wrap up this generation and a very good prequel story for Batman.
  21. Nov 18, 2013
    My fav Arkham game by far. Best Story, keeps the same formula we all know and love, a bigger world, great gameplay and combat, we got access to the batcave and batwing! The voice acting is terrific, the soundtrack is the best of all 3 games and it has freakin Deathstroke as a playable character!!! Don't listen to the negative biased reviews, this game is awesome. Sure it has it's problems with bugs and a few glitches but WB are working hard to address them all. So go out and buy this today! Expand
  22. Nov 19, 2013
    Why all the negative reviews? Were people expecting some kind of revelation or something. This game offers all the great things we know and love of the arkham franchise and more. I personally think its the best one out of all the arkham games. Couldn't be any happier with this purchase
  23. Nov 19, 2013
    Gotta give WB Montreal credit, I'm yet to get bored of this game yet. That's an impressive feat from WB. I thought Rocksteady were foolish to let another developer handle their franchise but this game has been thoroughly enjoyable. The Story was marvelous I must say, voice acting was impressive considering it was the regular you know who's.
  24. Nov 24, 2013
    Excellent game, at least as good as Arkham City and a perfect adaptation of everything the comic stands for It was difficult and frustrating at the beginning on hard mode, but with a little perseverance I finally made it and after getting the electric gauntlets, nothing could stop me. A must buy for every Batman fan.
  25. Dec 26, 2013
    I love this game! Being a big fan of Batman and the comics as well growing up, this has a darker feel to it than the original Batman Arkham Asylum game. I haven't played Arkham City just yet, but I love the story around this game and just how human it makes Batman. He really gets his ass kicked throughout this game and you do really feel like he is in his early years of crime fighting. The game, like Batman in it, is not as polished as the Rocksteady Arkham Asylum, and is rough around the edges with glitches, but over all, I enjoy the story a lot more and am really impressed with the voice acting. I would play this game again and again because of how much I enjoy it! I think if WB Montreal does continue with the Arkham series they have this fan's blessing! Expand
  26. Jan 14, 2014
    AMAZING GAME! it had great story great music and great fighting system which became much harder with this new ninja guy and amazing voice actors even the multiplayer was pretty good it is another strong hit with arkham series can not wait for the next one
  27. Dec 8, 2013
    Phenomenal game you feel like you're Batman and as a result a BADASS. Incredible story and gameplay is as usual, awesome. Visuals are very good and the sounds are impressive, just like any blockbuster Batman movie.
    Only drawback is that there's no real change from previous titles, which isn't necessarily a con. A must for Batman fans.
  28. Nov 1, 2013
    Finally a game that actually proves a challenge, but in a balanced way!
    I just completed the story mode the day before writing this and I must admit that I was rather sceptical when I made the order only a few days before release, because as many reviewers have noted the game doesn't really introduce a whole lot of 'new' to the series. I say though that I'm happy they didn't change it too
    much what did people expect when it's the same universe, city, hero and villains? It's a game in the same series of other Batman games so of course it shares the core gameplay mechanics that the two previous titles introduced (and aced)! I started up worrying that nothing at all would have changed and that the story would be uninspired because it wasn't Rocksteady making it (so not that WB are bad at games or anything, just that it isn't their original IP/brainchild).
    Well... I was blown away from beginning to end by not just pure ecstasy of getting more content in the Batman Arkham series but the cinematics catch that Year One-style so well, the new actors fit really well with a younger cast and most importantly: I got my ass handed to me a lot of times because the game actually wants me to adapt to my own progress in the story so many games these days are easy from beginning to end and just seem like they're made for a casual audience only then you can unlock the harder difficulties after the first playthrough but it's just not the same to me. Well I think Arkham Origins is an improvement upon Asylum and City in regards to challenges because I really ended up underestimating the generic street thugs and often had to restart because I wasn't aware enough about my sorroundings during the fights. Also the bosses were amazing I didn't find them as difficult as random encounters in the city but they just felt very well put together when you think of the narrative elements.

I did encounter frame drops here and there (the consoles are old now) and it didn't always transition seamlessly between fights and CGI-movies but I think it may be more something that should be patched than an actual error in the code.

I don't know, I don't really have a lot more to say, it's just a really great experience that we rarely see these days, or I mean... we do see great gameplay but often with bad story/boring universe or great story with bad controls or no challenge in gameplay. I felt happy even when I was beaten because the game wanted me to learn from my mistakes, just like Dark Souls (though not remotely as tough!). I don't get how reviewers can really say the game is too much of the same and thus a disappointment because I think they've done more to the gameplay than, say, the occasional AC, COD or BF releases where most things stay the same (I love both BF and AC but I have got to be honest here :P). You begin Origins already knowing the controls but you quickly get to learn that some things are not exactly the way you remember them, and then there's the story which to me was the real hallmark. Now I have a lot of collectibles, side missions, tougher difficulties and challenge maps waiting for me, and I already spent around 13-15 hours on the story alone All in all a great purchase for anyone who likes Batman and just a generally well put together story from beginning to end.

9/10 (based on the minor technical issues)
  29. Nov 17, 2013
    This game is fantastic! Batman is a real badass in this game. If you loved the other two Arkham games, you will love this one as well. Maybe even more! Get it asap!!!
  30. Nov 17, 2013
    Yes, the game rests surely on the shoulders of previous two titles, and those awaiting new thrills may be unpleasantly surprised. One must remember though, that Arkham City wasn't any more innovative to Arkham Asylum than Origins is to AC. That doesn't mean AO isn't innovative at all it features a large, beautiful world which makes Arkham from AC look and feel like a sandbox and brand-new Dexter-like case solving adventures. It doesn't fail to live up to its name, either, focusing heavily on the origins of how Batman came to be. It's exciting to see the before stories, knowing well how they will turn out in the future, not to mention the psychological aspect of those stories is well presented and simply makes sense. Gordon is younger, Barbara can walk, Enigma is not yet the Riddler, and we are unaware of this character named Joker (beautifully played, by the way). As for those who are disappointed with the lack of innovations it is an origins game, which means introducing too many of new things that obviously are not in the later games would be ridiculous and would make the game story suffer.
    It is a large game, two days is enough to pass the main story plus countless hours to finish the game 100%. I strongly recommend it Origins stands boldly in the series and certainly doesn't bring shame to the trilogy.
  31. Nov 6, 2013
    played all the three games. Asylum felt restrictive to me, City was alot more polished. for a while that was the benchmark. Origin is beautiful, the same excellent gameplay, just polished with awesome story, This is the best Arkham game yet, simple!
  32. Oct 28, 2013
    The prequel to Arkham Asylum, this game follow Batman 2 years into his crime fighting career.
    This time the game is done by WB than Rocksteady but there is not a single difference in the game in terms of gameplay. There is very little innovation but it is a great expansion to an already great series.

The cons mostly involve a good amount of lack of polish compared to its predecessors.
    The final boss is not that big of a surprise and it slightly a letdown to Arkham city. other personal complaints involve Deathstroke having very limited screentime and combat being pretty much 100% same.

There are some great ideas introduced to this game such as Batcave, multiple skins to use in campaign, much richer sidequests, Batwing (fast travel only), and an extensive map. The supporting characters are much more likeable than previous arkham games (except there is no Catwoman) and the story is just as good and on point with the attitude along with its predecessors.
    The campaign challenges such as Worst Nighmare, Gotham protector, etc... are very welcome.
    The predator options are much more refined, fun and immersive than before.

If you haven't already preordered and planning to get it for less the game is worth $45-50 and should keep you busy for months.
  33. Nov 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ever since I finished playing Arkham City I couldn't wait for the third installment. The gameplay didn't feel any different, but that's okay. I realized that some of the gadgets had the same functions as the gadgets from Arkham City, for example: the glue grenade can do everything that the freeze blast can do and the remote claw is similar to the line launcher. For some reason they changed the aiming and throwing controls from L1/R1 to L2/R2, that was weird. I'm a little disappointed that Joker is the main villain again, but that didn't stop me from enjoying the story. The boss battles were great (especially Deathstroke). Bane in this game is a lot better from the previous games. So far my favorite challenge map is 100 to 1. Multiplayer mode is a great addition to the series (I love playing as Bane). Expand
  34. Oct 26, 2013
    Batman arkham origins is a prequel to the arkham series and I was worried about the game when I heard it was not being made by Rocksteady studios but in the end I was not. Batman arkham origins is a great game it may not be about his origins but the story itself is amazing. Having to deal with 8 assassins and villians trying to kill you is a great adrenaline rush!!! The combat is similar to arkham city but batman is a bit rough and new to combat which makes it a lot better I'm not sating he is weak and has no combat ability). There is a new upgrading system compared to the other games which I think looks cool. In the game you are finallyalowed to explore the batcave, fast travel with your batwing and the map is 2x bigger!!! Therare also new faces in the game that were not introduced in the arkham franchise such as deathstroke, lady shiva, anarky and much more!!! The gama also fearures mulyiplayer which is different than any multiplayer I've played. The multiplayer is a 2v3v3 which is joker and banes gang vs batman and robin. There are different modes like the invible predator which is like the maps you do in arkham city that are seperate from the story. The reasom why people rate his a bad game is due to the title not being exaxtly his origins, not new fighting nechanics and it doesn't have the same feeling that roxksteady brings. In the end the game is still a great success that it really depends on the players point of view and not what critics say. Hope you find this reviewhelpful and like the game as well. Enjoy!!! Expand
  35. Nov 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. My opinion evolved over the first days of playing this game. The initial reactions were mixed because of the shadow of the previous games. I was in love with it by the time the credits rolled and am anxious to continue exploring this bigger, varied Gotham. Asylum and City made me feel like I was Batman. Origins made me feel like I was becoming him. It is a rich experience layered into a tangible mood, great story, and memorable scenes, many of which ripple into the other games in telling and sometimes haunting ways.

This game gives us something we haven't had before: The Joker out there being The Joker, the unpredictable, psychopathic villain. Learning about him through Batman's eyes resonates with The Dark Knight film and amps it up to be horrific, as it should be. AA gave us Joker pulling the strings in a controlled environment. AC gave us a matured, sickly, singularly focused Joker. Here in Origins he shines as the Clown Prince of Crime, and it's brilliant.

Sequels and prequels receive insufferable scrutiny. My impression is that many negative reviews for this game came from people who basically wanted to get married on the first date. AA blindsided us with its new presentation of what a Batman game could be. AC built on that and expanded it, but I saw it as a through-line continuation, not a game-changing innovation as most people are claiming. I love Arkham City. It is my go-to game that I have lived and breathed in more than any other. Yet, as I remember first playing it, it was was overwhelming and at times confusing. It took repeat playing to understand exactly what all was at play in the plot (in a good, dense way). Now it has the benefit of living in our consoles for two years as we explored every nook and cranny and played through the story mode a dozen times. It became more of a state of mind than a video game. We established a relationship with it that feels deeply personal.

So, the initial reactions to Origins are focused on what's different or what hasn't changed enough. That's not fair to it. It IS like asking someone to marry you on the first date instead of getting to know them. Now that I've spent a few days with it, it won me over and dazzled me.

Here are examples of what I'm talking about.

I was acutely aware of the moment when Batman entered a building that played a big part in City, the Sionis steel mill. I thought, "this is it this is the first true retread." And it was perfect. It showed us the place some twenty years earlier, long before Joker made it his home in Arkham City, when it was fully Roman Sionis's place. Not only was the story with Copperhead amazing here, but there was a direct homage to Back to the Future: Part 2 when Batman climbed above the office in the rafters to take out the men there. Many years from now, so much will happen here. I thought, "There is where Joker tricks me. There is where the pregnancy tests will be. There is the window he'll throw me through. But here and now, it's Roman's office." That was thrilling and genius.

Shiva's storyline wraps up with a great nod to what is to come with the League of Shadows and Ra's al Ghul's storyline by having the final fight in the lobby in front of the now iconic elevator of Wonder Tower. We can't go up in it yet, but we know that we will. This game was great at planting seeds that I'm sure will echo into the other games when I replay them.

The trajectory of Deadshot's shot to the helicopter takes us to the rooftop where we'll eventually take him down in City.

People are saying there are no Easter eggs, and I wonder how quickly they raced through the game. Queen Industries. Barbara's side mission with the weapons caches. Hell, the entire game is an Easter egg for Arkham City, everywhere you turn.

I played through on Hard my first time. The reversal of the R1 to R2 and L1 to L2 was maddening at first, but I (sigh) got used to it. In a way, it made me feel like I HAD to be a beginner Batman all over again, which is the point of the game.

Let's consider that bridge. "That damned bridge," as many critics have called it. I'm not quite sure what they're after. I wanted a larger universe for Batman. I fast traveled when I needed to, but more often than not I gladly soared and launched and swooped and explored that magnificent bridge when I needed to travel between islands. It's a part of being Batman. It's a part of Arkham City I wanted more of, when repeated explorations made me yearn for the walls to come down.

The developers of this game should be applauded and told how great a job they did. It sympathize with them now, having to read these rash reviews after all of their hard work. After some criticisms I've read, I thought of the development team reacting with, "Did you even play the game?!"

I did. I loved it. I can't wait to get back in there and explore it more over the coming years as I did with Arkham City.
  36. Nov 13, 2013
    What a great game. Instead of dumb action packed GTA V there is an amazing, mature and well executed game. The fact that it's just the same as two Batmans before is nothing to be worry about as previous games we're great! The new voice of Joker is pretty cool and it's get much cooler when you realize that it's the same voice actor that used his taled for Booker (Bioshock Ininite) and Joel (Last of Us). Amazing! Simply, if you liked Batman Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, you gonna like Arkham Origins. if you haven't played previous Bats, then you gonna love it Expand
  37. Oct 29, 2013
    Right well first off i cannot understand the mass amount of people giving this game low rating just because its seen as too similar to Arkham City and that they have not built on it well i have to agree to some extent but if im honest why break something that does not need fixing the gameplay of arkham city was as good as anything that has come before with fluid combat (argubally the best in any game ever) excellent side quests and a bucket load of action and this game is no different and thats my point you could make a thousand games exactly the same as Arkham City just with different stories and side quests and id be a happy man every year. Batman Arkham Origins is everything you would expect in a Arkham game yes there is a few technical glitches here and there and obviously The voice cast of Batman AND Joker dont even come close to the originals but its a great game which has plenty of content and alot of quality moments enought to make this game just as memorable as the first 2 installments Expand
  38. Oct 26, 2013
    Batman Arkham Origins may not be as good as Arkham City but it is still a great game. You need to see it in your own right to see everything it has to offer. Don't let other sites fool you and check this game out.
  39. Oct 25, 2013
    If you loved the other games you'll love this one. Think of it as one huge DLC pack for arkham city. Yeah it's more of the same but that's not necessarily a bad thing. one point off for switching the L1/R1/L2/R2 buttons (you can't change the control scheme in the menu I checked), and for some noticeable framrate issues when flying through the city at high speeds (its probably all that snow haha). Overall though great game for arkham fans. Expand
  40. Oct 26, 2013
    the 77 and 79 for arkham origins are unfair. Yes, it didn't innovate much, but it was never going to, and we only want the real developer changing drastically. You can't give a game a lowish score based on being too similar to the previous game. The new (old) Arkham City looks very different in Origins, and the new map is fine.
    Problems- the unnecessary change in the L1/L2 from previous
    games. The way the story early copies AC too much and how you feel so useless in combat. It takes forever to upgrade Critical Strikes, the X5 takedown and Special Takedowns.
    Yes it is filler and when Arkham 4 comes out no one will care about it, but its a fun, solid game that is underrated.
  41. Nov 14, 2013
    I got this game on day 2 and have to say that it is great having batman back again with the awesome addition of multiplayer (even thought Warner bros servers suck). The story is epic and is very well written and voice acted. The only problems i have with this game is the lack of new game mechanics(which is acceptable because it is not rocksteady), the lifeless gotham city and the the crappy Warner bros servers. P.S I was lucky enough not to receive any glitches whilst playing this game Expand
  42. Oct 27, 2013
    Ok I was very skeptical about buying this game due to bad reviews. But I broke down and bought the game anyways. And I must say I don't regret it at all. I can't believe this game is getting bashed up like it is. If you loved arkham city you will love this game. Combat is as smooth as ever, and the cutscenes are AMAZING in my opinion. Great storyline so far, after about 2 hours of gameplay. WB Montreal did a good job in my opinion. Yes not much has changed gameplay wise but it's still a great game. This game deserves a higher rating. Go buy it! Expand
  43. Oct 31, 2013
    Amazing story,amazing prequel. Some characters like Barbara and Alfred are welcome to the game.
    The best boss battles of all Arkham games.
    When you get used to the L2 and R2 instead of L1 and R1 the games flow nicely.
  44. Nov 1, 2013
    Ok, this game is goddamn amazing! Firstly, I know that people have been saying it's uninventive, but I think they've used previous and a LOT of new assets to create the best Batman yet!
    About the bugs-I have only had 2 or 3 very minor ones i.e slightly dodgy takedowns on my PC Steam copy. It also includes a decent multiplayer, but the single-player alone is easily worth the price, the new
    devs have done a great job, and Batman looks AWESOME! Expand
  45. Nov 1, 2013
    over all I am giving this a 9 out of 10. the story is fantastic on par if not better then arkham asylum/city. that being said, there are a LOT of bugs. some are a minor annoyance such as slight pauses in frame rate when playing. and textures being grainy or blurred (this was also in asylum and city. however it seems to be much more pronounced here. sometimes when using the fast travel system the game will freeze, for sometimes just short periods, to actually freezeing up all together and having to restart the system. quite frequently I have experienced loss of sound when fast traveling (i.e. whole sequence is silent) the developers are working on a patch that will hopefully fix all of this and more, so that is why I am giving this such a high score, the devs know about its problems, and are working on a solution. going back to the store, there are plenty of twists to keep players thrilled/entertained and is a wonderful addition to the previous 2 games. troy baker nailed joker perfectly, and Rodger Craig Smith makes an excellent Batman. hope to see these two again repraising their roles on a fallow up sequel to the prequel. I would recommend anyone play this and enjoy all the good in it, not focus on the small bad parts that can and will be fixed. Expand
  46. Nov 5, 2013
    For a game with a lot of pressure behind it, i must say it did a very good job. If i look at it as the first game from this company in a batman franchise to begin, than this game is nearly a perfect game, but its not, its the third game in an already set world, now with no way to top Arkham City, and of course needing Joker to be in the story, doing a origins story made sense. Pros of the game. 1. Players already know the controls, the feel for combat, moving and sneaking around, and countering. 2. Boss Battles, not all boss battles in this game are fantastic, but ones that stand out are pretty fantastic. Bane (all of them) Deathstroke, Firefly. 3. Troy Baker, doing a fantastic job with the joker, specially if you look back at his past work. 4. JOKER IS BACK, (Spoiler) DIDN'T see that coming with joker being behind the black mask, and also the quick play of joker, fantastic. 5. Story, no where near as good as Arkham City, but better than Aslyum, specially near the end of this game. Cons. 1. New gadgets. Glue grenade bugged me a lot, its identical to the freeze grenade, the electric gloves make the combat system way to easy, and brings the game down to easy level, and doesn't feel like batman, also it is such amazing gadget, where is it later on in his career, he can use it to win any fight, and bring people back if able to. 2. Boss fights, it was a pro, but also, some of these bosses are too easy and just lazy. there are not exciting or hard as the good ones, copperhead was just a gang fight, killer croc was a huge disappointment, and side mission assassins seem a little lazy it what could be much better. Con 3. Where is the nerd love? Previous games were not shy in the Easter egg department, or side missions. I've already done a mad hatter side mission, but remember hush? remember finding calender man? It was a bit disappointing to see side mission characters we have done before, and lack of Easter eggs. Overall. At the end of the day, game play was fun, yes its not new but i feel i would of complained if i had to re learn a game i already should know. Story was tight, and had me pretty excited at a good amount of times, and finally i had fun, which is the purpose of a game. 8.5/10 for me. Expand
  47. Nov 7, 2013
    Hypocritical bastards!!! IGN and Gamespot the 2 worst review sources you can possibly look at.. they give every CoD a 85/100 every year but the second something else does it its automatically bad.. Good job IGN/Gamespot.. The reason it hasn't changed much is because its not the same studio and the new one did not want to touch the next to perfect formula and the formula all Batman fans love.. If you loved city and Asylum you'll love this Expand
  48. Nov 14, 2013
    This is a fantastic game!!!! Pros are: Combat is improved and harder, Story is the best out of the 3 games, Multiplayer is a bonus, Heaps of stuff to collect and side quests are awesome, new crime scene investigation is a nice touch. Cons: Not much is new gameplay wise, a few bugs here and there.
    All in all i highly recommend that you pick this up.
  49. Nov 19, 2013
    Not bad, not bad at all. Big thumbs up to this game. Screw IGN, Gamespot and any other idiotic biased review who only bases the rating of this game in comparison to its predecessors. It's ridioculous how this game is not receiving 9's and 10's only because people think it's too similar to Arkham City WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH THAT? The reason I bought the damn game is because I hoped it would be like Asylum and City and Origins delivers that. If Arkham city didn't exist,this game would have been called a masterpiece and given a 10/10. And for all the people that give this game low ratings because of similarities to the previous games, these are the same people that give Call of Duty, Battlefield, Assassins Creed, FIFA, even Super Mario and Pokemon games 8-10 ratings every year for the same games. So why is Arkham Origins treated differently? Because its "Batman" and people's expectations rise though the roofs with anything Batman related. Just look at the Ben Afleck reaction, people didn't even give him a chance. Expand
  50. Nov 20, 2013
    Been playing for a while now. Yes all the blah blah about it not being as refined as the last one, but this story line is so much more in depth and involving in the villains...its become truly addicting and I can't stop playing. The music is also excellent like Arkham City, which I forgot to mention before. Loving this game and definitely recommend it.
  51. Jan 27, 2014
    Despite the mixed reviews, I believe that Arkham Origins may not be the strongest addition to the franchise, its awesome story (including side missions) great new enemy types, stellar voice acting from all across the board - Arkham Origins is a strong title and should definitely be picked up.
  52. May 24, 2014
    So to get things started,let me just say how upset I am at some of these critics that have rated Batman Arkam Origins poorly due to things that didn't even matter,like the whole combat being the same as the last two Arkham games, like others said *if it aint broke don't fix it*.anyways there are allot of new features here that make Arkham Origins my Favorite Batman Game to date. the investigations are allot more interesting and feel a bit more interactive,combat is still fun as ever with some more cool take down moves and animations.the graphics are also very nice and feel just right. even Batman is younger and faster*plus the Bat suite looks great in this game no underwear to be seen* batman is also more darker and seems allot more aggressive here*which I like* also the voice acting is Great, the story is really where this game shines, the story is gritty and well told. Gotham is also much bigger and with the added snow makes the city look amazing and more like a movie.this is my favorite Batman game to come out this year.if you're a Batman Fan you won't be let down by this great game. Expand
  53. Oct 30, 2013
    Great game, it starts slows but then it becomes as fun and as addictive as Arkham City was, while is not as good as City, is still an amazing game, filled with tons of things to do, and the combat and stealth remain extremely entertaining.
  54. Apr 6, 2014
    Batman Arkham Origins is a pretty good game, for me this game has the best plot between the three games, the gameplay is almost the same from Arkham City, and give you the chance to play with Deathstroke. I couldn't ask more...
  55. Dec 17, 2013
    This game is great. The controls have change a little which take some getting used to, but after a couple of missed combos you'll get it. I'm not sure i love the riddler challenges but if the puzzle mini games our my biggest complaint, I'd say its a really good game.
  56. Mar 27, 2014
    Yet another fantastic entry in the Arkham series! Origins impressed me beyond my expectations and is without a doubt my favorite of the trilogy! The gameplay of its predecessors and most of it mechanics remain mostly the same ( the only exception being the shock gloves in combat ). Where Origins really shines is its story. It is engaging and kept me hooked and engaged from the moment i picked it up to the moment the end credits roll. There are many great twists and shocking moments throughout the story that I won't ruin for you, but trust me when I say that you won't see them coming! Origins also felt a lot more cinematic than its predecessors which is also a big plus! Long story short, Batman: Arkham Origins is an absolutely fantastic Batman game that continues the excellence that the series is known for! Expand
  57. Oct 25, 2013
  58. Mar 28, 2014
    The Gotham city was really off-shore, and the goddamn cast was bad. Unreal Engine 3, was really kicking for the game, but the goddamn combat-battle was really difficult for a fresh-starter...
  59. Sep 3, 2014
    ATTENTION GAMERS- DISREGARD THE MAINSTREAM BLIND HATE ON THIS GAME.. MY REVIEW WILL BE HONEST.....
    ---This game sat on my shelf for about year(launch) I started 3 days ago and it's Arkham City but enhanced. It's not ArkhamCity/AC vanilla. It's AC with More upgrades, waaaay more riddler.. It's just everything we loved about the the 1st two Arkham games but with more content..
    --the
    negative IMO is it's a silly prequel. And superhero prequels are lame cause the hero is 1/2 strength..
    In. Batman case a prequel to AC&AA means he isn't as bad to the bone.. but a perk to that is we get the villains in they're PRIME and they surprise the. Dark Knight. and as the world Biggest STARWARS fan with over 125 books read, I will say that a Joker that isn't Mark ham mil is refreshing. Not better, just refreshing. look how cool the joker was in Red Hood...
    ~~~the gamestop batman fanboy in my CT town complained that Arkham. Origins sucked cause it's just like Arkham City..I wanted to head butt and throw some Irish-Bows. If Arkham City is a 94 @ METACRITIC and this fanboys all time favorite game and AO is the same but new story and upgraded then ???????? How is this not the best gift of a game ever to said fanboy??
    -Dead island Riptide is a example of a failed sequel. They made the game a clone of DeadIsland-1. Which was AWESOME,,"but they nerfed the best features like lock box/chest farming for loot. the Riptide loot boxes only respawn once every 8 hours of "GAME TIME" what the!?!?!?!
    --so although the game was identical to DI-1,,it lost features and took a bad turn..AO took a positive turn...

---the fighting is fun and I'm still ealy into the game.. I kinda wanna play it on the 360 instead of PS3 esp now even more so cause it's constantly on sale for $5-$7bucks @ gamefly & Gamestop. But whatever,,I'll tough it out with the PS3, the drop off hopefully isn't to extreme. It sure was in Fallout(s) and Dead island and borderlands.. Who cares..guys,,,get you're batman on and live it up....
  60. Oct 30, 2013
    Batman Returns in an action filled game, more of the same as batman Arkham city. The game is more of a massive dlc to batman arkham city which isn't a bad thing it just means alot of things are the same. E.g Combat is the same some gadgets are the same with some new editions. Which some people may think is a bad thing but why fix what aint broke. I only have 2 issues with the game: 1.When alfred speaks its like he has no control of his mouth and looks really creepy 2.The joker i loved how the story was going without the joker and then he came which changed the whole plot thats not a bad thing but i liked how the story was going with a different villain as the main villain, the scenes with the joker are amazing though especially the part where he was talking to Harley Quinn. The graphics in this game are amazing story is great but wish the joker was more of a side character combat is good with some new additions and the boss fights are great and challenging especially death stroke last but not least the wanted missions are great with a good variety of characters the stand out of them are the Mad Hatter and Anarky. Batman Arkham origins is a good addition game but the weakest of the series. I give Batman Arkham Origins a 9. Expand
  61. Nov 1, 2013
    Great addition to the Arkham series. If you loved City and Asylum this is perfect. The combat is basically the same with WB Montreal adding a couple new things. The story is definitely up there with the other two games if not better then them.
  62. Nov 2, 2013
    I'm about 30% through the game, and so far I must say I'm enjoying it! While I DO agree with SOME of what the critics are saying (complaints about the bugs and glitches being a key point of contention), I STILL don't see how they are giving this game 6s or worse. It's more of the same, yes, but like other users have been saying: if it ain't broke, don't fix it! WB Montreal was basically put in a no-win situation when the announcement was made that they were taking the reigns from Rockstedy--if they changed the formula too much you'd hear: "This isn't the same Batman game, they've screwed it up! This game sucks!" If they didn't change much at all and stuck with the tried and true formula from the previous games (which is obviously what they've done here) you'd hear: "This is the same Batman game, no innovation! This game sucks!"
    I must admit I had those same reservations, but after significant time with AO I can confidenly say that this title is just as good as it's predecessors. There ARE definitely some glitches, but they don't detract from the overall experience as much as some folks are saying. The voice acting is excellent as well. Roger Craig Smith and Troy Baker do an awesome job as Batman and the Joker respectively, and even the lesser roles are quite impressively conveyed. I'm even enjoying the soundtrack by Christopher Drake. The music sounds like an amalgamation of Hans Zimmer and Danny Elfman, with tracks that evoke memories from both Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy AND Burton's trademark Bat-films. Let's not forget about the boss fights--some of the best I've played in ANY game (the Deathstroke encounter in particular was an intense experience)

But enough of my rambling Haha
    The bottom line is: go and pick up Arkham Origins, you won't be disappointed
    I'm certainly not (not disappointed that is, just clarifying Hahaha)
  63. Nov 5, 2013
    I want to say, Warner Brothers did what the fans asked, keep the combat system! I liked the previous games more, but I was worried it would be worse because Rocksteady didn't make it, and it came out fine. While I do admit, it was a bit of a disappointment. The map was recycled and it makes sense because Arkham City IS just a part of Gotham City, but the enemies being as common as they were in Arkham city makes no sense. It is no longer a super prison, it is part of Gotham. I also have to bash this game for one more thing, the upgrade system, it was flawless in Arkham city in my opinion, and they messed it up. This game is hated too much and people need to shut up about it being recycled although it is. Expand
  64. Nov 25, 2013
    Playing Batman:Arkham Origins (B:AO) for the first time brought back old memories of Batman:Arkham City, but the new developers did a great job by delivering an Arkham game that is on par with the previous Arkham titles, if not succeeded in some fields. The story is great and delivers great characters (the voice acting is brilliant). The boss battles took a step into the right direction and were very enjoyable. Collectibles are welcomed back into this game and is still lots of fun. B:AO leaves you with the same feeling just as the previous Arkham titles: You are Batman, you are the Knight.

If you still didn't pick up this game, go buy it. For all Batman fans this is a must get. It won't disappoint you.
  65. Dec 6, 2013
    Arkham Origins had alot to live up to, and with that in mind I didn't get my hopes up for this game. Arkham Origins adds some things itself to the franchise without straying to far from what Arkham City was. Since Arkham City is my favourite game of all time, I'm ok with that. Admittedly it does have a few bugs but I have had no trouble in not letting them get in the way of a great experience.
  66. Dec 9, 2013
    Best game in all of batman games.new enemies,new gadgets,young batman,online access tooo.AMAZING GAME!!!!!!,keep it uo batman game creators,I appericiate u and hat off.
  67. Dec 27, 2013
    In this batman game contains more action and more interest in explain the batman origins batman arkham city was a very good game with a lot of interest but i feel arkham origins will and be better and fun but will it be a story line that will mess up the arkham city story line. arkham origins game rating i give is a nine nothing more its just right
  68. Aug 5, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When you hand off your franchise to another studio, it's a hard move to make. Rocksteady have done this to please fans while they work on the series-ender Arkham Knight and at first, I wasn't sure if this would work. They gave us a brilliant superhero game in the form of Arkham Asylum and then improved upon it in every way with City- which is widely considered to be the greatest licensed game of all time. Arkham Origins is a chance for WB Montreal to show us what they've got and it's also a chance to jump back into the Arkham universe and embrace the old mechanics before Knight swings around. It's a chance that is definitely successful.

The strongest part of the game is its narrative. However, this won't be obvious to you when you first boot up. The idea is that it's two years into Batman's career on a Christmas night. Gang boss Black Mask has become tired of the hero and has set a 50 million dollar bounty on the Bat's head that eight assassins plan to acquire. Killer Croc, Bane, Deathstroke, Deadshot, Firefly, Lady Shiva, Electrocutioner and a female Copperhead are up to the task and the Bat is bracing for an epic night. After the effective beginning, we're off to Gotham City. A young Riddler is messing around, Penguin is up to his old tricks, Deathstroke is keen for the money and Mad Hatter is even mucking around. I was overwhelmed by the constant villain reveals and was prepared to write the game's story off. Then a sudden smile spread across the screen as the Joker popped up. His introduction is fairly ridiculous, but it is an excellent twist and one that works. After Joker appears the whole plot just straightens out and everything seems to become so clear. In fact, I'd say that this could be the best plot in the whole series- it certainly works and the climax is excellent.

Another win for the game is its amount of content. The side missions return and they're better than ever, with each mission following a certain villain. They usually end in a nice battle and incorporate plenty of cool investigation scenarios and combat sequences. Along with the side quests, there are also riddles returning. This time they aren't much more than breakable/collectible objects, but the radio towers are perplexing, well thought out challenges that always end in you getting the reward of a fast travel point. The challenge mode also returns and it's slightly expanded. Like the rest of the game, WB Montreal have stuck to the basics, but added their own spin on parts. The ranked challenges are fairly similar to their former counterparts, as are the campaign and custom challenges. There is a lot of content here and the new training challenges make up a small part of the mode, but they are surprisingly enjoyable and help you grasp the mechanics of the game if you're a newbie. Of course, concept art, themes and character models are all valuable objects to unlock and everything seems to go towards 100%. You can also access the challenges from the Batcave now- which is kind of like a hub.

One part where the game kind of disappointed me was in the open world. Not that it's small- it certainly isn't. Not that it isn't detailed- there is a lot to find and do. Not that there aren't any civilians- while the reason is lousy (they're all inside), I don't think it would suit the game to have people wandering the streets. It's because of the bugs and the small amount of Easter eggs. While none of the glitches were game breaking, they smash your immersion and the lack of big references (like the Scarecrow boat in City) is a little disappointing. It isn't enough to really damage the game though.

The gameplay itself is excellent, even if highly familiar. Combat is highly refined and requires maximum concentration and great response time. There are new animations and upgrades that flesh it out and the scoring system is rewarding and well implemented. Stealth is also tense once again and the new enemies mix things up. The gadgets are slightly overpowered this time, but I love the remote grapnel and the shock gloves give you a good feeling as they activate. The gliding and traversal is pretty much the same as what we got in Arkham City and is still fluid- it also helps that the cape is black.

Finally, Origins has a multiplayer mode. It has a great levelling system, plenty of customization options and a few large maps. However, it only comes with one mode (new modes and maps are planned for future updates) and it's hard to get a game seeing as how there is no drop in. The gameplay is nice though, with Batman and Robin feeling good and the other thugs making for interesting variations. The shooting is great and playing as the big bosses is rewarding- Bane is cool.

To wrap things up, Arkham Origins is a great prequel. It's the same gameplay, just with a larger open world, a better narrative and surprisingly enjoyable multiplayer. It's also a great jumping on point for newbies- though City shouldn't be dismissed!
  69. Jul 30, 2014
    I loved this game. For me it was a great game because it had good music, good cinematics, great story, the black cape, Bane and the one and only BATMANNN.

1. Jan 3, 2014
    Arkham Origins is a game with two sides. One is a well made game with good design in combat and stealth. The other side is a game that never gets out of the shadow of its predecessors. Batman fans should pay attention but that’s it.
  2. Dec 20, 2013
    Initiation is a very regular package, which relies on the idea of the origins of the bat and retrieves the imagination of Batman Begins, but then binds the player into a series of challenges from a widely known flavor.
  3. Dec 13, 2013
    I really hope that Rocksteady can still teach an old bat new tricks, because WB Games Montreal failed to advance the series. What we have here are old gameplay mechanics – which still work fine by the way – sold to us for the third time and supplemented with a bit of fresh ideas that don’t have a sufficient impact on the whole game (and sometimes are simply bad). [13/2013, p.56]