7.7

1. Jan 7, 2018
    Batman: Arkham Origins is a 2013 action-adventure video game developed by WB Games Montréal and published by Warner Bros. The game is the third entry in the popular Batman Arkham games and serves as a prequel to the first game Batman: Arkham Asylum.

+ Good Presentation + The Story was Much Better Than Asylum and City + The Boss Fights are Much Better Than Previous Games + Characters

+ Good Presentation
    + The Story was Much Better Than Asylum and City
    + The Boss Fights are Much Better Than Previous Games
    + Characters Designs are Much Better (Especially Bane)
    + More Aggressive, Darker Batman and Crazier Joker
    + Gordon and Joker early Relationships with Batman
    - The Frame Rate Drop Sometimes
    - Fast Travel Take too Long
    - Lifeless City
    - Shiva Fight was Disappointing

My Score: 8.7/10
  2. Dec 27, 2017
    Historia inmersiva, personajes icónicos, movimiento y planeo fluido... un juego aceptable...si no precediera al arkham city. Se que no está hecho por rocksteady pero lo que no puedo aceptar es el sistema de batalla: poca habilidad y poca imaginación hay que tener para derrotar a cientos de matones de quien sea, por no hablar de los bugs...
    Mi experiencia no ha sido mala pero mucho menos
    Mi experiencia no ha sido mala pero mucho menos formidable que con otros titulos de la saga.
  3. Oct 30, 2017
    Super divertido. Los enemigos y las batallas contra jefes son geniales. Está buena la idea de ver el comienzo de Batman y Joker. Eso sí, bastantes bugs.
  4. Jul 14, 2017
    At this point in the series, the game needed a few new things to freshen it up. Fortunately, the approach the story takes is interesting, but I was a bit let down when the "J-man" pops into the game. I was looking more for a story that avoided using the Joker. Because lets be honest, by this point, The Joker needed a rest.
    I was happy, that the assassins did get more attention. Sadly,
    I was happy, that the assassins did get more attention. Sadly, it does lack the original voice talent of Batman and Joker, but the actors they got for the job portray it their own way. The way I look at it, this was their younger versions being voiced. Which makes the cutscenes a little easier to enjoy.
    As for the gameplay, Rocksteady does what it does best and pulls off another great part of the series.
  5. Jun 19, 2017
    We once again step in the shoes as Bruce Wayne in this prequel. There is a contract on Batman's head and who's gonna get that cash prize? Exciting but it feels that Rocksteady feel to it is missing here. Ultimately disappointing
  6. Jun 2, 2017
    The weakest game into the series, wich not means it's bad, the game still gave me a lot of fun, in all the ways, story, combats, side missions, investigations. The real problem here is that, different than the Asylum to City, this one can't deliver nothing new, The combats still exact the same, just like the stealth, that's good, because for me it works very well, and even after 3 games itThe weakest game into the series, wich not means it's bad, the game still gave me a lot of fun, in all the ways, story, combats, side missions, investigations. The real problem here is that, different than the Asylum to City, this one can't deliver nothing new, The combats still exact the same, just like the stealth, that's good, because for me it works very well, and even after 3 games it remains to good.
    The only thing that is better in this game is the detective mode, work in a larger way and is pretty cool, but the rest, pretty much the same.
    So, why it deserves a 8 ? simple, the same reason the other 2 are phenomenal, because the story line and the characters, the joker in this game seems even crazier here, wich is awesome, you see the madness i his eyes, smile, the game show it in an terrific way, Bane as well has class, is smart and powefull. The story, even simpler, still having moments that is thoughfull and very curious, some moments showing the batman in his detective need to find the enemy weakness otherwise would have been spanked, it's represented in an awesome way.
    The online mode, in my opinion, is so cool, the way they put 2 teams to fight eachother, and having batman and robin hide and trying to catch them without getting notice is very fun to do, it's just to bad that is hard to find people to play there.
  7. Mar 31, 2017
    In terms of originality Batman Arkham Orgins brings nothing new to the table. However the game is very well presented with a engaging story line. There is an abundance of missions, side quests and collectible items to collect. Arkham Origins is the first and only batman title to provide a multiplayer experience and although the feature was heavily criticized (and buggy at times) it wasIn terms of originality Batman Arkham Orgins brings nothing new to the table. However the game is very well presented with a engaging story line. There is an abundance of missions, side quests and collectible items to collect. Arkham Origins is the first and only batman title to provide a multiplayer experience and although the feature was heavily criticized (and buggy at times) it was fun when it worked. For the trophy hunters, you can now longer get the platinum for this game as the the online feature has no been discontinued and obtaining online trophies is now impossible. Expand
  8. Aug 19, 2016
    gamespot is **** giving this game a 6/10 its that bad it is a step back but it still a great game at least it had an exllent story written and satesfying combat the game lacks polish and varition u are in ghotham city and there no any citezens in the city thats not good it will be great if there are citzens the city and the graphics looks grey and weak and the city it self is ghotham citygamespot is **** giving this game a 6/10 its that bad it is a step back but it still a great game at least it had an exllent story written and satesfying combat the game lacks polish and varition u are in ghotham city and there no any citezens in the city thats not good it will be great if there are citzens the city and the graphics looks grey and weak and the city it self is ghotham city why am seeing the same building like arkham city this **** this is arkham city but with snow there are no new type of gameplay or anything new thats dissapointing me but still the game is great because the boss fight there are badass and awsome and the includ a online multiplayer its fun ok u can team up with robin and takedown armed thugs and who controle the thug is player the problem in the multiplayer its just 2 modes and 6 maps but it make a great idea the combat system is extremly great and satesfying with great missions and well done side mission and the improved the detictive scean they are smart sow arkham origins is not great like arkham city but it still a great game i well give it an 8.7/10 Expand
  9. Jul 26, 2016
    First of all, I think this game was a solid entry into the Arkham series. The only issue that stopped this game from been great was its close similarities to Arkham City especially with regards to the main villain and its gadgets. Besides its glaring lack of imagination when it comes to its main villain and gadgets , the overall storyline was fantastic and one of the main battles with aFirst of all, I think this game was a solid entry into the Arkham series. The only issue that stopped this game from been great was its close similarities to Arkham City especially with regards to the main villain and its gadgets. Besides its glaring lack of imagination when it comes to its main villain and gadgets , the overall storyline was fantastic and one of the main battles with a prominent DC supervillain is worth the price of entry. Overall, I will recommend this game to any Batman fan. Keep killing it, DC! Expand
  10. May 1, 2016
    Worst game of the Arkham series, significantly worse. Dead city. Can't even grapple to as much elevated locations compared to any other Arkham game. It's boring to watch myself grapple several times just to get across the city. At least with Arkham City, you could enjoy looking at the map design. Brings nothing new to the series other than frustrating boss battles and a glitched game; IWorst game of the Arkham series, significantly worse. Dead city. Can't even grapple to as much elevated locations compared to any other Arkham game. It's boring to watch myself grapple several times just to get across the city. At least with Arkham City, you could enjoy looking at the map design. Brings nothing new to the series other than frustrating boss battles and a glitched game; I can't get into a vent to progress further into the story?! I bought a game I can't finish! At least I can understand why Arkham Knight was glitchy when it was released, it had top-notch graphics and gameplay...technical achievements that earn some patience and understanding. The only impressive achievements in this game is the voice acting by Troy Baker and how the snow flattens wherever you walk. Expand
  11. Apr 17, 2016
    While not as amazing with Rocksteady's Arkham Asylum and City, WB Games Montreal still manages to create a great Batman game. The story is well-written and the boss fights are epic, especially with Deathstroke.
  12. Mar 25, 2016
    This is the beginning of the best Video Games Series, a great beginning with villains like Bane, Killer Croc, Joker and Deathstroke. The best video game of 2013.
  13. Mar 20, 2016
    Great Story (1) ... this should be video watching like Assault in Arkham which was release in 2014, excellent boss battle (2) and good job for Troy baker as the Joker also Roger Craig Smith as Batman (3) but was very bad in everything else even its cope paste from Arkham City 2011
  14. Mar 1, 2016
    So arkham origins is a good game story-wise. The story here is great just like all the arkham games. I've played all of them, but the only thing to complain about is how BORING the open world is. They have no new ideas. The riddler packs are too easy, the side missions are boring and short, and the city is LIFELESS!!! So, I did enjoy arkham origins story, the rest was crud.
  15. Feb 17, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Arkham Origins, even if it's not a masterpiece as the past two games were, is a more than welcome addition to the franchise.

The story is well written, some people might be disappointed that The Joker is the main villain again, and in some ways it kind of is. But that doesn't stop the gameplay (while is very similar to Arkham City and much easier) and story to be entertaining as hell. The boss fights are incredible, I would say some of them are even better than a couple of the Arkham City ones. Characters such as Bane get more time in the story and are way better than previous games.

Most Wanted mission (Side Missions in Arkham City) are well executed too, at least for the most part. Mad Hatter's one is better than the one from the last game. We get a cool fight with Shiva and some more. While the game is similar to Arkham City (the map is practically the same) it doesn't ruin the experience and will still keep the player hooked throughout the whole story.

I have not been able to play multiplayer so I won't rate that game mode, Challenges are as they have always been. Some issues are that the Gotham City feels lifeless and it shouldn't be like that, I mean, you could at least have some people walking around in the streets. Also, and one of the many complaints with the game, is that it is a bit buggy and that does ruin the experience. At times it'll take time to load the city or the game will eventually freeze for a couple of seconds.

Overall, I enjoyed this game a lot, not as much as the past two but still liked it enough to give it a good grade. Maybe you should look for a version with some DLC included at a reasonable prize instead of buying it at full prize. Nice job WB.
  16. Feb 8, 2016
    Arkham Origins feels like a copy-paste version of Arkham City, except dumbed way down. The combat is the same, the gameplay mechanics are the same, the villains are the same, pretty much everything about this game is pasted over from AC, except for the story. The graphics are nice, but that doesn't make up for anything. Wait for Arkham Knight to come out and buy that.
  17. Dec 29, 2015
    Very boring game.I Stopped playing it from the beginning.do you guys think x-raying dead guys or killing a reptile funny.I know that batman is good but its no more fun anymore.its a big FAIL
  18. Dec 28, 2015
    Of the 4 Batman Arkham games out, this one comes in 4th place. The storyline is solid, but I found myself not really caring about it too much. Too much time in between cut scenes maybe. In the first two games, I loved hearing Mark Hamill's Joker over the intercom, it was hilarious and kept my attention. In this one, I just kind of blocked him out. Boss fights are very well done in thisOf the 4 Batman Arkham games out, this one comes in 4th place. The storyline is solid, but I found myself not really caring about it too much. Too much time in between cut scenes maybe. In the first two games, I loved hearing Mark Hamill's Joker over the intercom, it was hilarious and kept my attention. In this one, I just kind of blocked him out. Boss fights are very well done in this game though, always a plus for me. There were, at least for me, a lot of glitches. One that stood out to me was when I had to interrogate a riddler informant, and the game wouldn't let me do it. Not to mention lots of texture pop ins and lag. All in all a very playable game, just doesn't quite do the franchise justice.

Pros:

Great boss fights.
    Good replay value.
    Same great gameplay mechanics.

Cons:

Somewhat boring gameplay at times.
    Glitches/Technical issues.
    Voice acting could be better.
  19. Dec 3, 2015
    Rocksteady gave their beloved franchise to Warner Bros. while they work on Arkham Knight. And it's okay but it has some flaws.
    first the combat is still great, starting to get repetitive, and the voice acting is fine, as well as the new characters, but the story kinda feels half assed to me, and the ending is disappointing, also the new world feels very empty it may be bigger than the previous 2 but it's certainly not better, the boss fights are fun though, but it's not even an origin story like it's titled, it takes place two years into batman's career, and don't get me started on the multiplayer.
    6 words (FROM THE PEOPLE WHO MADE BRINK) drops mic........
  20. Nov 9, 2015
    Batman Arkham Origins
    Batman Arkham Origins
    erzählt die Vorgeschichte von Batman, wie der Joker und er sich zuerst getroffen haben. Die Geschichte ist wieder mal interessant und die Bösewichte klasse. Diesmal fliegt man durch ein verschneites Gotham. Es gibt nun mehr Bosskämpfe, die durchaus unterhaltsam sind, aber manchmal lächerlich schwer, so nerven manche mit Quichtime-events oder dem gleichen Schema eine Schwachstelle zu finden. Dennoch sind die Feinde wieder cool und neue wie Deathstroke oder Fyerfly werden vorgestellt
  21. Nov 5, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is awsame i loved the boos fights they are really cool. I also liked the textures. the only thing that dissapointed me was thAT (SPOILER) Bane knew That batman was Bruce and it gets his memory out. Expand
  22. Sep 28, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Arkham fans can expect to really enjoy Origins, so long as they don't go into the game expecting to experience sweeping changes to the gameplay that made Asylum and City so great. Origins is a great game that can proudly stand outside of the shadow of its predecessors. Expand
  23. Aug 22, 2015
    Really great story for the beginning of how the game series started and cant wait to play Arkham Knight. Definitely recommend to others interested in the genre of the game
  24. Jul 24, 2015
    Ahhh Arkham Origins a Tale of Greatness yet also a Tale of Disappointment.

Ahhh Arkham Origins a Tale of Greatness yet also a Tale of Disappointment.

I brought this game having insane expectations, if you played Arkham City how can you not have insane expectations? I wanted people to walk the streets of Gotham not just thugs, I wanted to control the Batwing, I wanted to use the Batmobile, I wanted to face a multitude of villains and I wanted an insanely long game with a final conclusion that would be better than Arkham City's Conclusion. And I was left so disappointed I returned my brand new Batman Game and brought a game I knew nothing about called Tales of Symphonia Chronicles which was a good game btw.

It is now the future and I have repurchased the game, I now look at the game from a different perspective.

1st things 1st I'll mention a few bad things about this game. The 1st being the bugs glitches and freezes which happened to me during the beginning of the game. I thought something was wrong with my Playstation because I brought the game brand new with the DLC and the plastic protection sheet but it was actually the game itself. What I experienced was mostly freezes & tiny glitches but they don't occur too often and shouldn't halt your gameplay experience by much.

2nd thing is the gameplay hasn't changed much from Arkham City and its almost entirely the same with a few new things added. 1 of my favorite additions to the game is a gadget you get from Slade I forgot the name but its a really fun gadget to use and I also love the Electrocutioner's Glove. The biggest change and probably the greatest one is Crime Scene Investigations which are much better than how they were in Arkham City. I can't really explain it, you'll have to see it for yourself. If your wondering about the Boss Battles in this game their not as amazing as Arkham City's Bosses but there is 1 Boss you'll probably like and that is the fight you'll have with Deathstroke which is probably the best Boss in the Arkham Series next to the boss with Mr Freeze in Arkham City.

Lastly I feel like the game is too short and should have been longer this is only personal opinion though I also feel that the Final Boss Battle was lame and that the Final Boss should have been someone else besides ____ his name has 4 letters you should be able to guess who it is. There's 2 battles at the end of the game but I consider the one before you face(you know who) to be the actual Final Boss.

Now lets delve into the story, characters and voice acting. I love the story for this game, 7 Assassins hired by Black Mask trying to kill Batman on Christmas Eve you've gotta love the premise. My only problem with the story is that I wish it was a bit longer I wish their were more villains and I wish they would stop reusing the same villains all the time, of course I love these villains but I want to see other villains not just the same ones all the time.

Alot of people complain about Batman & Joker's Voice my opinion is that they do a good job with their roles. Although I do understand the hate on Jokers Voice though because I am very used to Mark Hamill doing his voice and its strange to hear this new Jokers voice over his however the hate on Batman's Voice to me is not justified I think Roger Craig Smith does a good job at portraying Young Batman.

Lastly we'll talk about the small things Graphics & Sound.

The graphics for this game are amazing it looks much better than Arkham City even the menus look better.

The Soundtrack is indeed good not as amazing as Arkham City's Soundtrack but not that bad either it surely beats Arkham Asylum's Lame Soundtrack.

In my conclusion I **** love this game I think its on the same level as Arkham City Gameplay Wise Story Wise though it is not. If your an Arkham Fan or even if your not you should give this game a go and play it for yourself and don't let other peoples opinions dissuade you from trying it out.
  25. Jun 9, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game was very boring. It could have been a good game. But, it decided to be its own game. If you cut this game out of the franchise nothing will change. When it said a prequel I was excited ,but they didn't give me a game about the origins of Arkham (which it was in the tittle). Did they give it? No! The game got very boring it copied Arkham City to much. Also a plot hole is that in city Batman said he was going to try the grapple where you glide with it but Batman already knows how to do it. The game was ok. But, I can understand why people like it Expand
  26. Jun 5, 2015
    Out of the 3 games already released, this, asylum and city. this is certainly the worst of the bunch. It feels different but not in the right way, the combat is far too easy, the dialogue is no where near as good, the storyline is pretty pants and my biggest complaint was how long it went on for!!! Come the end of the story is become a drag which is never good in a game.
  27. May 25, 2015
  28. May 7, 2015
    Arkham Origins is a frustrating game, and not because it's difficult. Between moments of aesthetic and storytelling brilliance, technical issues and a severe lack of innovation rear their feck ugly heads. It's frustrating to see a title with so much promise lose so much of its appeal because of this.

That being said, Origins is Arkham City 1.5. This game has been on shelves for a while now, so this should come as no surprise to anyone who has shown any passing interest in it, at this point. Origins reuses a lot of the same assets found in the previous game, which is expected when it comes to the world of Gotham you'll inhabit as the caped crusader, yet re-using animations down to specific boss fight moments just screams of laziness. Aside from reusing these assets, the main set of missions, and specifically the side missions, are virtually the same as they were in Arkham City, with only things like names of items being changed. Remember the titan containers you were destroying for Bane in City? Well, they're Black Mask's drug stashes now. There's a lot about Origins that shows there wasn't nearly as much thought or care put into it as Rocksteady's incredible efforts.

Not to say that Origins isn't a fine game, in its own right. Existing in a vacuum, with complete ignorance and disregard for the two titles that came before it, Origins would have easily been considered the best Batman game ever made. However, those other two games DO exist, and they did virtually the same things a lot better.

Some things Origins brings to the table can be actual improvements. For one, the presentation in cutscenes, dialogue, and general tone, feel a lot more cinematic here. Drawing influence from places such as German expressionism films, Arkham Origins is aesthetically gorgeous, when the direction isn't being lazy, particularly later in the game. The character models look fantastic, for the most part, and the different costumes even go as far as to employ varying cape physics. It really is nice. It's just a shame that this can be often hard to appreciate due to one of the shakiest framerates I've ever seen.

Normally, I wouldn't complain about a few dropped frames here and there. I go into most games expecting to see that, after all. In Origins' case, it's abysma. Cutscenes stutter and skip like nobody's business, Batman's cape becomes jittery and janky when gliding around the streets of Gotham, and in certain cases (such as one of the Bane encounters) the poor framerate can negatively affect how you play, pretty drastically, considering the combat requires some degree of decent timing and skill. It's such a damn shame.

If not for the horrid performance, Origins could have really been a contender. Somewhat lazy, with no real innovation, but a solid game, nonetheless. However, what we're left with feels pretty far from solid. The gameplay itself is standard, but it works perfectly fine, if you were expecting more of Arkham City. The soundtrack is outstanding, as is the voice acting. Texture work can range from incredible to downright poor. Origins really is such a mixed bag. It really would have been so well presented, and a drastically better experience, if not for the abysmal framerate and downright terrible cutscene buffering.

As it stands, Arkham Origins feels entirely half-baked. It's a mesh of tried-and-true, solid ideas dissolving into its technical problems, a serious lack of will, as well as level design that simply isn't as tightly constructed or interesting as its predecessors. It's a game I would recommend to the die-hard Arkham fan, going for 100% completion and the like, since it does turn into a somewhat enjoyable timesink. For everyone else, though, I'd say it's fair to keep it out of your collection.
  29. Apr 20, 2015
    This is a really bad game for the PS3.
    Honestly the only redeeming factor is Joker.
    The game is an obvious reskin of Arkham City, down to the same exact weapons you get in it. The story is very weak and rushed and the gameplay is horrible. The grapple for some reason doesn't work as well as it did in previous games, the boss fights are fairly boring and the end game fight is basically a
    This is a really bad game for the PS3.
    Honestly the only redeeming factor is Joker.
    The story is very weak and rushed and the gameplay is horrible. The grapple for some reason doesn't work as well as it did in previous games, the boss fights are fairly boring and the end game fight is basically a series of quick time events that takes little to no thought.
    I'm a HUGE Batman fan, but this game just has too many flaws to overlook. There are so many bugs that include clipping through the map, enemies clipping into walls, ways to progress glitching so you cannot proceed unless you restart the game, on top of the game lagging and crashing at random times.
    I will admit, the voice acting is good at times and the moments with Joker are the best moments in the game.
    Its marketed as a group of assassins working to take out Batman, however the assassins are really pitiful on the most part.
    For anyone who got pissed off at the Joker fight at the end of Arkham Asylum, this game will piss you off numerous times. Most fights are a swarm of enemies you have to take out and it focus's on chaining abilities which gets boring and tedious after awhile.
    Splash Damage tries to emulate the success of the Rocksteady Arkham games but fails miserably in my opinion.
    I'm a huge Batman fan and can let most things slide, but how badly broken this game is is no excuse, especially when I learned that the creators of the game stopped releasing patches for the bugs so they can focus on the DLC.
    I'll play this game from time to time when I want to do an Arkham marathon, but honestly most of the time its just going to sit on my shelf and collect dust.
  30. Mar 22, 2015
    This game definitely impressed me. I’m very eager to explore more of the Arkham series thanks to this fantastic title. There are very few negatives to hinder this otherwise brilliant game from Rocksteady Studios. Everything from the graphics and the world to the gameplay and combat simply stunned me. It’s not everyday that games impress me in almost every area but this one definitely did.
  31. Mar 1, 2015
    Despite what many people say, this is my favorite entry to the Arkham franchise. Sure, the gameplay is the same as the other two, but people don't get mad at Arkham City for having the same mechanics as the game before it. I mean, what gives? Anyways, it's a really fun game, but I had to take away 2 points because the gameplay is the same, and online mode SUCKS. But still, get the game,Despite what many people say, this is my favorite entry to the Arkham franchise. Sure, the gameplay is the same as the other two, but people don't get mad at Arkham City for having the same mechanics as the game before it. I mean, what gives? Anyways, it's a really fun game, but I had to take away 2 points because the gameplay is the same, and online mode SUCKS. But still, get the game, (And maybe a DLC, particularly the one where you can play as Deathstroke) it's a good one. Expand
  32. Jan 31, 2015
    A step down from it's predecessor, this game adds very little as a sequel and the combat system feels a little broken. Not much of a challenge if you played through the Riddler's Revenge maps in Arkham City. Has some framerate bugs that completely break gameplay if you encounter them.
  33. Nov 18, 2014
    This game was great for the story and fighting and the very creative gameplay keeping true to the Batman games, however, instead of taking the time to actually make the game properly, Warner Bros Montreal wanted money more than a quality game and stole $60 or more like me who payed $100 for the season pass, which didn't even cover the full DLC content. The multiplayer is a joke. This gameThis game was great for the story and fighting and the very creative gameplay keeping true to the Batman games, however, instead of taking the time to actually make the game properly, Warner Bros Montreal wanted money more than a quality game and stole $60 or more like me who payed $100 for the season pass, which didn't even cover the full DLC content. The multiplayer is a joke. This game was half assed and therefore it deserves a half assed rating. Expand
  34. Nov 8, 2014
    Pretty full of glitches and bugs game feels like a recycled arkahm city and the few modifications that DO exist can be pretty stupid. The shock gloves breaks the game's balance and they replaced the freeze stuff with glue. GLUE OF ALL THINGS. They bring back the joker, just because (even though arkahm city was supposed to be a goodbye to the villain.) Overall, the game can be fun but it'sPretty full of glitches and bugs game feels like a recycled arkahm city and the few modifications that DO exist can be pretty stupid. The shock gloves breaks the game's balance and they replaced the freeze stuff with glue. GLUE OF ALL THINGS. They bring back the joker, just because (even though arkahm city was supposed to be a goodbye to the villain.) Overall, the game can be fun but it's extreme similarity to Arkahm City hurts the game. If this is your first Arkahm game you will absolutely love this game. If you've played the first two, don't expect anything significant and wait for a price drop. Better yet, wait for Arkahm Knight. Expand
  35. Nov 6, 2014
    It is a good game but its story is not good as Arkham city. The suit is very nice and the villains are awesome. The game is quite tough but its online play is horrible. It is better than Arkham Asylum. But it is tough to say between Arkham city and Arkham origins. The side missions are easy. Some people say it is shorter than Arkham city , because they have already played a game, a lengthIt is a good game but its story is not good as Arkham city. The suit is very nice and the villains are awesome. The game is quite tough but its online play is horrible. It is better than Arkham Asylum. But it is tough to say between Arkham city and Arkham origins. The side missions are easy. Some people say it is shorter than Arkham city , because they have already played a game, a length of around 3 hours.This game is worth of buying. In Singapore it costs only 34 dollars which is around 40 dollars in US OR 42 Dollars.The graphics have changed a little. Out of 100 I would give 86 Expand
  36. Oct 31, 2014
    A solid addition to the series, but also the weakest game in the franchise. Gliding around the bigger-than-ever-before city shows the scope of the game, but with a closer look, you can see that it is much less focused and packed to the brim with interesting additional content than the previous installments.
    The simple-to-learn, hard-to-master combat system returns, and offers very little innovation or improvement. The boss battles vary greatly in originality and ingenuity, with Deathstroke's fight being a repetitive but enjoyable stand-out.

The storyline is memorable but predictable, and the portrayals of the characters do not live up to the previous Rocksteady titles' standards. However, it offers an interesting take on how Batman first encounters some of the most prominent members of his rogues gallery, such as the Joker.

The voice acting mixes it up a little from the previous games, too, with Troy Baker filling in for the long-established and definitive voice of Joker, Mark Hamill. Baker offers a competent version of a younger Joker.

Overall, this game didn't blow me away, but it is a respectable game with a decent story and solid gameplay.
  37. Oct 25, 2014
    Its been 1 year sence Arkham Origins has been released so i thaught beter late than never, so lets begin.
    The single player of Arkham Origins is with out a dought the best part in this game for with its well written story, great fighting micanics, great voice acting, improvements on stealth, a fun open world to explore and brilliant visuals. The story takes place 5 years before the events of Arkham Asylum and Btman is still seen as a menace than a hero, and on Christmas Eve, crime lord Black Mask puts a $50 million dollar bounty on Batman and hires 8 assassins to kill batman and claim the bounty before sunrise. The single player would have been perfect but there some frame rate issues from time to time.
    Next is the challenge mode where you can train yourself in fist fights or gagets and you gain some xp for single player, this would have also been perfect but some of the levels are slighty boring.
    My score would have been much higher if not for its medioger multi player, its when your either on Bane or Jokers team and you have to shoot each other and you have to watch out for Batman and Robin, it sounds fun but its not really.
  38. Oct 7, 2014
    Graphics: 9 Gameplay: 10 Fun: 9 Controls: 9.5 Ease to Learn: 9 Story: 8.5 Length: 9 Re-play: 9 Audio: 10 Bugs/Glitches a couple. Great game but def not better than Arkham City, Arkham Asylum is debatable but i still like those 2 better than this game
  39. Sep 3, 2014
    ATTENTION GAMERS- DISREGARD THE MAINSTREAM BLIND HATE ON THIS GAME.. MY REVIEW WILL BE HONEST.....
    ---This game sat on my shelf for about year(launch) I started 3 days ago and it's Arkham City but enhanced. It's not ArkhamCity/AC vanilla. It's AC with More upgrades, waaaay more riddler.. It's just everything we loved about the the 1st two Arkham games but with more content..
    --the
    --the negative IMO is it's a silly prequel. And superhero prequels are lame cause the hero is 1/2 strength..
    In. Batman case a prequel to AC&AA means he isn't as bad to the bone.. but a perk to that is we get the villains in they're PRIME and they surprise the. Dark Knight. and as the world Biggest STARWARS fan with over 125 books read, I will say that a Joker that isn't Mark ham mil is refreshing. Not better, just refreshing. look how cool the joker was in Red Hood...
    ~~~the gamestop batman fanboy in my CT town complained that Arkham. Origins sucked cause it's just like Arkham City..I wanted to head butt and throw some Irish-Bows. If Arkham City is a 94 @ METACRITIC and this fanboys all time favorite game and AO is the same but new story and upgraded then ???????? How is this not the best gift of a game ever to said fanboy??
    -Dead island Riptide is a example of a failed sequel. They made the game a clone of DeadIsland-1. Which was AWESOME,,"but they nerfed the best features like lock box/chest farming for loot. the Riptide loot boxes only respawn once every 8 hours of "GAME TIME" what the!?!?!?!
    --so although the game was identical to DI-1,,it lost features and took a bad turn..AO took a positive turn...

---the fighting is fun and I'm still ealy into the game.. I kinda wanna play it on the 360 instead of PS3 esp now even more so cause it's constantly on sale for $5-$7bucks @ gamefly & Gamestop. But whatever,,I'll tough it out with the PS3, the drop off hopefully isn't to extreme. It sure was in Fallout(s) and Dead island and borderlands.. Who cares..guys,,,get you're batman on and live it up....
  40. Aug 29, 2014
    Batman:Arkham Origins

Game-play:The game play is the same as Arkham City nothing new but some gadgets this is not bad but it do not give nothing new to the world of gaming. Story:The game have a very good story like all the Arkham games did and it is set at my favourite batman time when batman was considered a criminal so the game is prequel.You will meet some great villains like
    Batman:Arkham Origins

Story:The game have a very good story like all the Arkham games did and it is set at my favourite batman time when batman was considered a criminal so the game is prequel.You will meet some great villains like joker, death stroke, black mask , killer croc and one of my favourites bane.The story it will take you around 7 to 8 hours.

Graphics:Good graphics but nothing special.

Note:Great voice acting,this game worth a lot every batman fun should have it.
  41. Aug 27, 2014
    Still a winning formula but clearly the worse of the 3 Batman Arkham series. That being said it still delivers a great gaming experience.
    STORY AND CHARACTERS: Same ole same ole...
    PRESENTATION: The same dark feel. GAMEPLAY: As good as the other two with no particular innovation. ONLINE: Played it once and found it uninteresting to say the least. One more installment of the Dark
    STORY AND CHARACTERS: Same ole same ole...
    PRESENTATION: The same dark feel.
    GAMEPLAY: As good as the other two with no particular innovation.
    ONLINE: Played it once and found it uninteresting to say the least.
    One more installment of the Dark Knight. For fans.
  42. Aug 12, 2014
    Seems very much a copy + paste job from Arkham City, yet never hits the same high notes. Many of the same locale are used and feels way too familiar. Seems unpolished with lots of bugs and glitches to be found. The main positives to be found are the easy but rewarding crime solving (new to the series) and another stellar narrative.
  43. Aug 5, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When you hand off your franchise to another studio, it's a hard move to make. Rocksteady have done this to please fans while they work on the series-ender Arkham Knight and at first, I wasn't sure if this would work. They gave us a brilliant superhero game in the form of Arkham Asylum and then improved upon it in every way with City- which is widely considered to be the greatest licensed game of all time. Arkham Origins is a chance for WB Montreal to show us what they've got and it's also a chance to jump back into the Arkham universe and embrace the old mechanics before Knight swings around. It's a chance that is definitely successful.

The strongest part of the game is its narrative. However, this won't be obvious to you when you first boot up. The idea is that it's two years into Batman's career on a Christmas night. Gang boss Black Mask has become tired of the hero and has set a 50 million dollar bounty on the Bat's head that eight assassins plan to acquire. Killer Croc, Bane, Deathstroke, Deadshot, Firefly, Lady Shiva, Electrocutioner and a female Copperhead are up to the task and the Bat is bracing for an epic night. After the effective beginning, we're off to Gotham City. A young Riddler is messing around, Penguin is up to his old tricks, Deathstroke is keen for the money and Mad Hatter is even mucking around. I was overwhelmed by the constant villain reveals and was prepared to write the game's story off. Then a sudden smile spread across the screen as the Joker popped up. His introduction is fairly ridiculous, but it is an excellent twist and one that works. After Joker appears the whole plot just straightens out and everything seems to become so clear. In fact, I'd say that this could be the best plot in the whole series- it certainly works and the climax is excellent.

Another win for the game is its amount of content. The side missions return and they're better than ever, with each mission following a certain villain. They usually end in a nice battle and incorporate plenty of cool investigation scenarios and combat sequences. Along with the side quests, there are also riddles returning. This time they aren't much more than breakable/collectible objects, but the radio towers are perplexing, well thought out challenges that always end in you getting the reward of a fast travel point. The challenge mode also returns and it's slightly expanded. Like the rest of the game, WB Montreal have stuck to the basics, but added their own spin on parts. The ranked challenges are fairly similar to their former counterparts, as are the campaign and custom challenges. There is a lot of content here and the new training challenges make up a small part of the mode, but they are surprisingly enjoyable and help you grasp the mechanics of the game if you're a newbie. Of course, concept art, themes and character models are all valuable objects to unlock and everything seems to go towards 100%. You can also access the challenges from the Batcave now- which is kind of like a hub.

One part where the game kind of disappointed me was in the open world. Not that it's small- it certainly isn't. Not that it isn't detailed- there is a lot to find and do. Not that there aren't any civilians- while the reason is lousy (they're all inside), I don't think it would suit the game to have people wandering the streets. It's because of the bugs and the small amount of Easter eggs. While none of the glitches were game breaking, they smash your immersion and the lack of big references (like the Scarecrow boat in City) is a little disappointing. It isn't enough to really damage the game though.

The gameplay itself is excellent, even if highly familiar. Combat is highly refined and requires maximum concentration and great response time. There are new animations and upgrades that flesh it out and the scoring system is rewarding and well implemented. Stealth is also tense once again and the new enemies mix things up. The gadgets are slightly overpowered this time, but I love the remote grapnel and the shock gloves give you a good feeling as they activate. The gliding and traversal is pretty much the same as what we got in Arkham City and is still fluid- it also helps that the cape is black.

Finally, Origins has a multiplayer mode. It has a great levelling system, plenty of customization options and a few large maps. However, it only comes with one mode (new modes and maps are planned for future updates) and it's hard to get a game seeing as how there is no drop in. The gameplay is nice though, with Batman and Robin feeling good and the other thugs making for interesting variations. The shooting is great and playing as the big bosses is rewarding- Bane is cool.

To wrap things up, Arkham Origins is a great prequel. It's the same gameplay, just with a larger open world, a better narrative and surprisingly enjoyable multiplayer. It's also a great jumping on point for newbies- though City shouldn't be dismissed!
  44. Jul 30, 2014
    I loved this game. For me it was a great game because it had good music, good cinematics, great story, the black cape, Bane and the one and only BATMANNN.
  45. Jul 14, 2014
    It's a good game, with a strong storyline and solid gameplay. Although it does not reach the greatness of Arkham City, it stands quite strong on its own. With that said, my rating for this game is only a 6 because it is the buggiest game I have ever played. Every other time I went to play this game I would run into a glitch. The most common glitch was that the game would autosave, but whenIt's a good game, with a strong storyline and solid gameplay. Although it does not reach the greatness of Arkham City, it stands quite strong on its own. With that said, my rating for this game is only a 6 because it is the buggiest game I have ever played. Every other time I went to play this game I would run into a glitch. The most common glitch was that the game would autosave, but when I turned it back on again I would have to replay a short side-mission (This type of glitch occurred about 8-10 times during my playthrough). Most of the glitches were just annoying, but there was one late in the game that prevented me from getting to 100% completion. The developers are aware of the glitches and bugs, but since it has almost been a year since they released the game it doesn't appear that they are too concerned with fixing them. With that said, this is an enjoyable game, so long as you don't run into a significant bug that will break your file. Expand
  46. Jun 30, 2014
    To get strait to the point, this game is just bad. The fighting feels broken, the predator maps and sections feel half done, and worst of all the over hyped assassins play a optional role most of the time taking a back set to the Joker. Not even the Black Mask was giving a strong role. Black Mask being the man mainly advertised for the game.
  47. Jun 27, 2014
    Arkham Origins is a pile of stale crumbs shed from the delicious two-layer cake that was Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. At times it's so stagnant and overly derivative that it feels like a mix-tape of AA and AC on shuffle. It's built from the severed limbs of two very good games and there's nothing particularly wrong with more-of-the-same but it contributes nothing to the Arkham lineage.Arkham Origins is a pile of stale crumbs shed from the delicious two-layer cake that was Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. At times it's so stagnant and overly derivative that it feels like a mix-tape of AA and AC on shuffle. It's built from the severed limbs of two very good games and there's nothing particularly wrong with more-of-the-same but it contributes nothing to the Arkham lineage. How enjoyable it is will be inversely proportional to your expectations. Expand
  48. Jun 21, 2014
    It's good however "Batman: Arkham Origins" lacks new and fresh ideas. Everything you saw in "Arkham Asylum" and "Arkham City" is in this game but with no improvement. The combat system, the gadgets, the missions and the side missions everything looks the same. But Arkham Origins can be good to play with Multiplayer. The multiplayer is exciting and good.
  49. May 24, 2014
    So to get things started,let me just say how upset I am at some of these critics that have rated Batman Arkam Origins poorly due to things that didn't even matter,like the whole combat being the same as the last two Arkham games, like others said *if it aint broke don't fix it*.anyways there are allot of new features here that make Arkham Origins my Favorite Batman Game to date. theSo to get things started,let me just say how upset I am at some of these critics that have rated Batman Arkam Origins poorly due to things that didn't even matter,like the whole combat being the same as the last two Arkham games, like others said *if it aint broke don't fix it*.anyways there are allot of new features here that make Arkham Origins my Favorite Batman Game to date. the investigations are allot more interesting and feel a bit more interactive,combat is still fun as ever with some more cool take down moves and animations.the graphics are also very nice and feel just right. even Batman is younger and faster*plus the Bat suite looks great in this game no underwear to be seen* batman is also more darker and seems allot more aggressive here*which I like* also the voice acting is Great, the story is really where this game shines, the story is gritty and well told. Gotham is also much bigger and with the added snow makes the city look amazing and more like a movie.this is my favorite Batman game to come out this year.if you're a Batman Fan you won't be let down by this great game. Expand
  50. Apr 7, 2014
    completely unimaginative! I like the story and the combat, but the rest? NO! it’s garbage! cheap skins, more bugs then you could shake a stick at, same city, only remodeled and only slightly wider. would I recommend this? only if you haven’t played the last 2 games yet. and to add to the insult, they game us the exact skin a lot of people said they did not want! horrible game, horriblecompletely unimaginative! I like the story and the combat, but the rest? NO! it’s garbage! cheap skins, more bugs then you could shake a stick at, same city, only remodeled and only slightly wider. would I recommend this? only if you haven’t played the last 2 games yet. and to add to the insult, they game us the exact skin a lot of people said they did not want! horrible game, horrible company. i'm not a guy that'll just bash to bash, but we gotten things we specifically asked not to. it's like they're just ignoring us completely. Expand
  51. Apr 6, 2014
    Batman Arkham Origins is a pretty good game, for me this game has the best plot between the three games, the gameplay is almost the same from Arkham City, and give you the chance to play with Deathstroke. I couldn't ask more...
  52. Mar 29, 2014
    Arkham Origins was a great chance to have civilians in Batman and that was wasted. But overall, Arkham Origins is better than Arkham Asylum. But not Arkham City.
  53. Mar 28, 2014
    The Gotham city was really off-shore, and the goddamn cast was bad. Unreal Engine 3, was really kicking for the game, but the goddamn combat-battle was really difficult for a fresh-starter...
  54. Mar 27, 2014
    Yet another fantastic entry in the Arkham series! Origins impressed me beyond my expectations and is without a doubt my favorite of the trilogy! The gameplay of its predecessors and most of it mechanics remain mostly the same ( the only exception being the shock gloves in combat ). Where Origins really shines is its story. It is engaging and kept me hooked and engaged from the moment iYet another fantastic entry in the Arkham series! Origins impressed me beyond my expectations and is without a doubt my favorite of the trilogy! The gameplay of its predecessors and most of it mechanics remain mostly the same ( the only exception being the shock gloves in combat ). Where Origins really shines is its story. It is engaging and kept me hooked and engaged from the moment i picked it up to the moment the end credits roll. There are many great twists and shocking moments throughout the story that I won't ruin for you, but trust me when I say that you won't see them coming! Origins also felt a lot more cinematic than its predecessors which is also a big plus! Long story short, Batman: Arkham Origins is an absolutely fantastic Batman game that continues the excellence that the series is known for! Expand
  55. Mar 20, 2014
    "The team is currently working hard on the upcoming story DLC and there currently are no plans for releasing another patch to address the issues that have been reported on the forums"

That should be reason enough to warn you that this game is garbage. **** WB, and **** WB Montreal. Get your priorities straight. I'm not buying your damn DLC until your damn game is fixed. Almost every

Almost every series has that "one" entry that fans ignore and brush off as if it never happened, This is that "one" entry.

Just as an example of how terribly this was made, in one part of the game, where you're after the Penguin, I was able to literally walk up to all of his henchmen and knock them out without a fight at all.
    It also kept freezing constantly. Biggest waste of money ever.
  56. Mar 19, 2014
    Although this game is not as good as the last two Batman Arkham games, it is still a pretty damn good Batman video game. There are more gadgets and techniques for takedowns. Its story is one of the greatest Batman stories ever told, so I'm not going to spoil it for the people who haven't played it. The boss battles are also quite awesome. This video game is a must-buy for all Batman fans.
  57. Mar 2, 2014
    A worthy and fun addition to the Arkham series. Playing as a younger, more reckless Batman is a real treat and playing through his first encounters with several supervillians is an engrossing journey of discovery. The acting and writing rise to the standard set by "Assylum" and "City" and the gameplay is familiar without being routine.

The problems "Arkham Origins". Has are mostly

The problems "Arkham Origins". Has are mostly technical. There are frame-rate issues with the game, and there are glitches that will break the flow, especially when ending a combat encounter. The game even crashed on me more than once during its autosave. As far as gameplay goes, the game is stingy with its grapple points, and that bogs down the navigation. Also, some of the achievements are blood-boilingly difficult to accomplish; the combat achievements being extremely tough and the stealth achievements difficult because the game won't give you the maps you need to fulfill them.

But for everything the makers get wrong, they get three things right - and "Arkham Origins" is a good Batman game that will more than tide one over until Rocksteady returns to Gotham.
  58. Feb 24, 2014
    If your a fan of Batman Asylum and Batman Arkham city then this game will not disappoint.. Origins offers a high class story, fun side quests and Enigmas (Riddler) puzzles are also back.
    I do wish the game played more the the "Origins" aspect. Apart from some key story plots, the game kinda forgets that this is suppose to take place before the other two games. The new gadgets you are given, in my opinion, are more advance that ones you own in previous games.
    There are some other small complaints, mainly that some of the assassin boss fights are hit and miss, but other than that this game provides hours of entertainment.
  59. Feb 24, 2014
    I haven't finished it yet, but so far it's quite good.
    Some bugs with framerate and cameras came along, but they were no problem to enjoy the ride.
    I recommend it!
  60. Feb 20, 2014
    Batman arkham origins is good game, which is long, the story is the best of three games, with many side quests and funny, but he game is exactly to batman arkham city, this has a good side (batman arkham city is one of the best game of this generation), and bad side , the game has the same gameplay, with the same animations, the same situations (that resolve same that last game), the sameBatman arkham origins is good game, which is long, the story is the best of three games, with many side quests and funny, but he game is exactly to batman arkham city, this has a good side (batman arkham city is one of the best game of this generation), and bad side , the game has the same gameplay, with the same animations, the same situations (that resolve same that last game), the same gadgets or similar.

Batman arkham origins is a good game (like I said at the beginning), but is too similar at batman arkham city.
  61. Feb 17, 2014
    The Batman Arkham games are among my favorite of the last generation. So i was more than a little worried when Warner Bros announced that a different studio was making the next one without most of the original cast.

Overall i think that the story is good and the voice actors do a fine job at portraying the characters. The gameplay on the other hand feels a bit off, the combat feels a bit more sluggish and i encountered more than a few bugs throughout the game that forced me to restart the checkpoint.

As a Batman fan i was excited to see the introduction of some of best Batman villains in the Arkham series. I was a bit disappointed that some of the new characters are little more than boss fights while the overall story is yet again centered around the Joker. Besides that i still liked the story, especially the interactions with Alfred and Gordon.

Overall this is a good game for Batman fans but i would advice people to wait for some patches because the bugs are quite immersion breaking
  62. Feb 10, 2014
    The game was decent, it was fun but not as great as either of the last two but I'm giving it a zero because Warner Bros Games still hasn't fixed any of the major bugs in the game and apparently doesn't plan too as they are "too busy working on dlc for the game" to actually fix the freaking game, and I cannot support that in any way.
  63. Feb 7, 2014
    Now that is a bad Batman game. I've played all the Arkham games and this was completely ruined the franchise. I know Rocksteady did not make this one, but I am absolutely done with these games. The fighting is tiresome, boring, and unimaginative. Actually, that's how the whole game is.
  64. Feb 1, 2014
    The Arkham series has always hit that sweet-spot that so many superhero games strive for. It brings the stealth of Batman while mixing it perfectly with masterful combat mechanics. While this doesn't do anything revolutionary in the series, it's a nice unexpected romp through Arkham to say the least. It has the best story in the series, and in my opinion the new voice actors fill their bigThe Arkham series has always hit that sweet-spot that so many superhero games strive for. It brings the stealth of Batman while mixing it perfectly with masterful combat mechanics. While this doesn't do anything revolutionary in the series, it's a nice unexpected romp through Arkham to say the least. It has the best story in the series, and in my opinion the new voice actors fill their big shoes excellently. I just hope Rocksteady hits the brakes, and truly does something special for next time. I would hate to see this franchise become the next Assassin's Creed, with every consequent game leaving a "been there, done that" mentality.

Pros:
    - New baddies to fight through (Some will even counter now)
    - Boss Battles are great. Need to critically think to get through them instead of just button mashing.
    - Brand spankin new gadgets to mess around with
    - Excellent story
    - New riddles
    - Tons of new content to keep any Bat busy for a while

Cons:
    - Multiplayer feels like a shoe-horned, rather forgettable experience.
    - More of the same, not really a bad thing, but it plays exactly like Arkham City. If you got tired of the last game, you won't find anything to tickle your pickle here.
  65. Jan 27, 2014
    Despite the mixed reviews, I believe that Arkham Origins may not be the strongest addition to the franchise, its awesome story (including side missions) great new enemy types, stellar voice acting from all across the board - Arkham Origins is a strong title and should definitely be picked up.
  66. Jan 21, 2014
    Arkham Origins is a troubled game. It possesses a fantastic story that establishes the perfect foundation for the Arkham universe. In fact, this is probably one of my favorite Dark Knight tales out there, creating a thrilling back story that flawlessly demonstrates the excitement and repercussions of Batman's first encounter with the Joker. The gameplay is still solid in most regards,Arkham Origins is a troubled game. It possesses a fantastic story that establishes the perfect foundation for the Arkham universe. In fact, this is probably one of my favorite Dark Knight tales out there, creating a thrilling back story that flawlessly demonstrates the excitement and repercussions of Batman's first encounter with the Joker. The gameplay is still solid in most regards, inheriting the same fluid fighting mechanics that made the Arkham games some of the best action games ever made. Boss battles have been fine-tuned to perfection, making each fight gripping and challenging, sharply contrasting those in the previous two Arkham titles. Even the acting is great, with fantastic performances by both Roger Craig Smith as the Caped Crusader and Troy Baker, the best voice actor of 2013, portraying a younger, volatile, and deliciously psychotic Joker that even rivals the work of Mark Hamill in the original games.

With all this praise, it seems like Origins would be another stellar Batman experience. But it's not.

Origins is a good game marred by repetitiveness and unwelcome additions that hold it back from being a truly memorable experience. For instance, the combat features the new Shock Gloves, along with all of your favorite old gadgets. These new weapons can destroy any shield or break any barrier standing between you and your foes, causing you to ridiculously overpower anyone who stands in your path. In Arkham City, each fight against a new foe, such as the ninjas from the League of Shadows, required planning and different combos in order to take down the opposition. Here, you can mash the square button once the gloves are powered, quickly ruining any enjoyment or challenge to the campaign by giving you a practically automatic victory. The fighting feels much shoddier in this game as well. While City's battles felt like I was establishing a rhythm with each broken bone, Origins' fights are a struggle just to connect Batman's fists to the skulls of the street thugs. Not only do punches consistently miss their marks, but rooms can also become packed as well. In one of the later fights, enemies start randomly spawning at exponential rates, making it nearly impossible to focus on the fight, as well as causing the game to lag.

Arkham Origins' Gotham feels like a hollow version of Arkham City's masterful open world. Not all grappling points are functional, forcing you to think of alternate routes to seemingly accessible locations. What's worse about traversal, though, is the fact that you have to cross a long bridge when journeying from one end of the map to the next. This becomes extremely frustrating, since the game offers a fast-travel system via the Batwing that allows you to skip over these segments. Arkham City's world was fun to explore and full of secrets, making you want to soar over rooftops and plunge into alleyways to search for every last Easter egg. Here, the world is barren, featuring no incentive to explore or enjoy the near clone of the original open world, which is a striking missed opportunity.

Overall, the greatest sin Arkham Origins commits is the fact that it's not an entertaining experience. Aside from the engaging plot, nearly everything that made Arkham City a masterpiece has been unnecessarily edited to fit the canon or just flat out dropped altogether. Riddle trophies and puzzles have been replaced by randomly scattered extortion packs, which require little to no skill to obtain and are extremely disappointing. Similarly, most of the side missions are copied and pasted from City, swapping the villains that are involved to make it seem novel. Even Detective Mode, which on the outset looked like an intuitive new gameplay feature to compliment the blood-pumping combat, is a monotonous quest searching for red triangles instead of legitimate investigation.

When all is said and done, Arkham Origins is a game that should be played. The narrative is intense and occasionally unbelievable. Sadly, however, it doesn't receive the solid gameplay accompaniment it deserves. Too often I found myself wondering about what the game could have been, rather than enjoy the campaign I was playing. Fighting is fresh, but new additions cause the experience to feel much more hollow and less rewarding than in prior games, making you feel more like a player than the actual Dark Knight. While the flawless story, voice acting, and boss fights soar, the rest of Arkham Origins holds the game back from becoming the Batman prequel that the gaming industry truly deserves.

6.5/10
  67. Jan 17, 2014
    I loved this game. Once again, the Arkhham series has produced a game that makes you feel like you are really the Caped Crusader. Let me start this review with I liked about the game, first and foremost, the story. Origins tells a compelling story of a younger Batman who tries to survive Christmas as 8 dangerous and professional assassins hired by Black Mask try their best to kill him forI loved this game. Once again, the Arkhham series has produced a game that makes you feel like you are really the Caped Crusader. Let me start this review with I liked about the game, first and foremost, the story. Origins tells a compelling story of a younger Batman who tries to survive Christmas as 8 dangerous and professional assassins hired by Black Mask try their best to kill him for the bounty. But that's not all. Somewhere, The Joker is wrecking havoc on Gotham City and it's up to the Dark Knight to stop him. Now, the story, in my opinion, is one of the best Batman origins tales I've ever experienced even though the title is sort of a misnomer as it really doesn't have anything to with the origins of Arkham but the asylum is mentioned a lot of times and there are a few easter eggs which i won't spoil. The voice acting is stellar. No Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill but the voice actors doing Batman's and Joker's voices are incredible. You'd think they were younger versions of Kevin and Mark, that's how on point their voices and impressions are. Another thing I liked was how huge this world was, double the size of Arkham City and it's filled with things to do such as the main story missions, bunch of sidequests, challenges and puzzles for collectibles. Now these collectibles which are the Enigma packs (you know who he is) and although there are definitely plenty of them, they're not as difficult or as challenging to collect as it was in Arkham City which was a bit disappointing. Now there's the boss battles, those glorious boss battles. Definitely the best and most refined boss battles in the entire Arkham series. Nearly every boss battle was, in it's own way, unique and challenging. My personal favorite was the one with copperhead and my least favorite, in fact the laziest boss battle in the game was against Electrecutioner (no spoilers but it's pretty lame if you ask me).Finally, another part of the game I liked which many will debate on is the combat and stealth mechanics. I say it's debatable because a lot of people will complain on how it's just the same, exact combat system from previous installments while others will argue that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Personally, I'm with the latter. The combat's still as solid as it was in the previous Arkham games. Admittedly a little shallow but for a Batman game, it's near perfect and the stealth segments are still as cool as ever.

Now for the things I hated, the detective missions are forgettable because they have the same exact formula. Review a crime scene, get info from Alfred, beat the crap out of the suspect and you're done. Rinse and repeat. They could have done so much better. I mean you'd think the "World's Greatest Detective" would have a deep detective system that's engaging like maybe a bit LA Noire-ish mixed with elements from CSI but what you get are these mediocre and way too easy clue finding, goon beating side quests. I hope they do better in future installments. Another annoyance are the numerous bugs and glitches especially when you have to fast travel. This game froze like twice, both of them coming from the fast travel animation and when it doesn't freeze, the screen goes black for like 20 seconds and the audio is out of synch and this is post-patch btw. Also, there's this bug where Batman's costume goes back to the default costume whenever you restart and reload the game even if your last save had Batman wearing something completely different. I'd understand if this due to the bigger world but then again, there are games out there with much bigger worlds and a lot less bugs so this is an excusable. Thirdly, the story does a 180 or at least a 90. Without spoiling anything, the plot of Batman's assassins hunting him down for the bounty disappears towards the end of the story and you would pretty much forget that there was a bounty on his head in the first place. Like I said no spoilers but you would understand if you play it.

Overall, Arkham origins is like The Dark Knight Rises movie. It's bigger and on a grander scale then it's predecessors but just a tad step down from the second one. I enjoyed Arkham Origins and it's my second favorite game from the Arkham trilogy, just above Asylum and behind City.

P.S. I gave Asylum a higher score but because it's a 9 as an isolated game. I gave Origins an 8 as an isolated game. But if I were to review these 2 games based solely on comparison, I would give Asylum an 8 and Origins a 9 but no, I want to review them in isolation so those are the scores I came up with.
  68. Jan 14, 2014
    AMAZING GAME! it had great story great music and great fighting system which became much harder with this new ninja guy and amazing voice actors even the multiplayer was pretty good it is another strong hit with arkham series can not wait for the next one
  69. Jan 6, 2014
    Not as good as Arkham city but not horrible could have bin better yes but not horrible but Troy Baker as the Joker saves the game from mediocre so the game is good.
  70. Jan 6, 2014
    A great game. However, it lacks a proper storyline. Such as a decent flow. Many of the side missions could have been part of the main story to make it more interesting. Other than that the graphics were good and the game ran smoothly.
  71. Jan 5, 2014
    Arkhem origins is a great installment in the batman Videogame Franchise.
    Very similar to it's predecessors the familiarity of the city design and combat will have long time players thinking they are playing the same game, This doesn't mean the game is any less enjoyable, It just shows they've already got a good formula to work with and aren't willing to take any risks changing it.
    Arkhem origins is a great installment in the batman Videogame Franchise.

Like the previous games Arkhem origins looks and sounds beautiful, with superb voice acting and character depth.

If you already own the previous games and love them, play them again and wait a little while for the price tag to come down on this one, Because Arkhem origins is just another great expansion on the previous games.
  72. Jan 1, 2014
    Awesome game in short!

Arkham Origins had a lot to live up to after the success of Arkham City. Comparing the 2 there is only one winner and it isn't Origins but basing the review on a separate game AO is awesome. Solid storyline going back to when Batman is facing his most fearsome foes for the first time the story is exciting and keeps the player wanting to continue on until the
    Awesome game in short!

Solid storyline going back to when Batman is facing his most fearsome foes for the first time the story is exciting and keeps the player wanting to continue on until the end in one sitting (well me anyway!). Side missions are as good as Batman AA that keep the player occupied if you want to complete the game at 100%. Combat situations are excellent, many different ways to dispose of the scum of Gotham. Go slow and stealthy or head first all guns blazing. Graphics are excellent with a good choice of voice actors.

My only gripe is that the main storyline is quite short. As with all good games you want them to keep going and going. Even with the main missions completed there are still loads of other tasks to keep the Caped Crusader busy.

Definite purchase if your a fan of the previous 2 Batman titles
  73. Dec 30, 2013
    It absolutely stuns me that anyone would give this game a 10. Looking at the closest score, corvettecrazy26 only talked about how Batman (the character) looked, posted the day it came out! 14 people thought that review was helpful? In what way? How is the game different? How it is the same? How does it play?

I'll tell you how it plays. Garbage. It stuns me that this game has any sort of

I'll tell you how it plays. Garbage. It stuns me that this game has any sort of green rating. Typing here is almost a waste of time. The combat is clunkier from the other Arkham games (I get that Batman's new, but does that mean put a penalty on the player?) and the story is so cut and paste from every Batman movie that exists. Except maybe the one with a shark, cause that was in the last game.

Even now, with it's lower price of 40 dollars, you can instead buy both Asylum and City, it's prequels, and get all of their DLC. A much better deal.

Positives: Troy Baker makes a good Joker, and his monologue is pretty good. Didn't like just about everything else.
  74. Dec 27, 2013
    In this batman game contains more action and more interest in explain the batman origins batman arkham city was a very good game with a lot of interest but i feel arkham origins will and be better and fun but will it be a story line that will mess up the arkham city story line. arkham origins game rating i give is a nine nothing more its just right
  75. Dec 26, 2013
    I love this game! Being a big fan of Batman and the comics as well growing up, this has a darker feel to it than the original Batman Arkham Asylum game. I haven't played Arkham City just yet, but I love the story around this game and just how human it makes Batman. He really gets his ass kicked throughout this game and you do really feel like he is in his early years of crime fighting.I love this game! Being a big fan of Batman and the comics as well growing up, this has a darker feel to it than the original Batman Arkham Asylum game. I haven't played Arkham City just yet, but I love the story around this game and just how human it makes Batman. He really gets his ass kicked throughout this game and you do really feel like he is in his early years of crime fighting. The game, like Batman in it, is not as polished as the Rocksteady Arkham Asylum, and is rough around the edges with glitches, but over all, I enjoy the story a lot more and am really impressed with the voice acting. I would play this game again and again because of how much I enjoy it! I think if WB Montreal does continue with the Arkham series they have this fan's blessing! Expand
  76. Dec 24, 2013
    The game is not as good as Arkham City or Asylum. No matter if your personal taste says that it's the best of the three, you can not convince no one with facts that this game is better then the others. The game is pretty good, fun, cool. But you can feel the Assassin's Creed writer amateur level compared to Paul Dini in this. I refuse to say this game is part of the Arkham trilogy, I willThe game is not as good as Arkham City or Asylum. No matter if your personal taste says that it's the best of the three, you can not convince no one with facts that this game is better then the others. The game is pretty good, fun, cool. But you can feel the Assassin's Creed writer amateur level compared to Paul Dini in this. I refuse to say this game is part of the Arkham trilogy, I will just consider a spin off. Expand
  77. Dec 18, 2013
    Average. Played through the trilogy before starting this one. Reeks of mediocrity and corner cutting. Graphics are amazing and looks great but scratch the surface and you've got one hell of a mediocre game. No innovation at all, and stuff that shouldn't even be available to Batman as per the timeline just casually available from the start. I'm a disappointed fan.
  78. Dec 17, 2013
    This game is great. The controls have change a little which take some getting used to, but after a couple of missed combos you'll get it. I'm not sure i love the riddler challenges but if the puzzle mini games our my biggest complaint, I'd say its a really good game.
  79. Dec 9, 2013
    Best game in all of batman games.new enemies,new gadgets,young batman,online access tooo.AMAZING GAME!!!!!!,keep it uo batman game creators,I appericiate u and hat off.
  80. Dec 8, 2013
    Phenomenal game you feel like you're Batman and as a result a BADASS. Incredible story and gameplay is as usual, awesome. Visuals are very good and the sounds are impressive, just like any blockbuster Batman movie.
    Only drawback is that there's no real change from previous titles, which isn't necessarily a con. A must for Batman fans.
  81. Dec 6, 2013
    Arkham Origins had alot to live up to, and with that in mind I didn't get my hopes up for this game. Arkham Origins adds some things itself to the franchise without straying to far from what Arkham City was. Since Arkham City is my favourite game of all time, I'm ok with that. Admittedly it does have a few bugs but I have had no trouble in not letting them get in the way of a great experience.
  82. Dec 4, 2013
    If Arkham City was The Dark Knight of video-games, Arkham Origins is the Batman and Robin.

Written with the consistency of wet excrement flung at a bouncy castle, Arkham Origins has an utterly nonsensical plot that is a genuine struggle to sit through. Batman is portrayed as a whiny, arrogant teenage like figure, with the phrase, "you're not my real dad!" threatening to leave his mouth in every conversation with Alfred. In fact the only character where the writer's didn't seem to completely miss the point was The Joker, though that's likely because 90% of his dialogue was taken straight from The Killing Joke (and most of it didn't even make sense in context.
    The combat is broken, which is confusing as all they had to do was keep the strange system from the previous game to avoid that happening, yet somehow Batman has most of the same attacks (with a couple removed) and gets confused during freeflow, causing him to punch the air randomly instead of another opponent.
    Similarly, he cannot counter if in the middle of punching someone, which means the vast majority of the time you'll just have to let him get punched in the head and ruin your combo.
    The people who were positive about this game are in denial, as I was the first week I played it, attempting to convince myself it was good simply because I'd looked forward to it for so long. Instead Arkham Origins became the first game I've traded in in over two years. If you buy it not only are you wasting your money, you're sticking your fingers up at the games that came before it.
  83. Nov 25, 2013
    Playing Batman:Arkham Origins (B:AO) for the first time brought back old memories of Batman:Arkham City, but the new developers did a great job by delivering an Arkham game that is on par with the previous Arkham titles, if not succeeded in some fields. The story is great and delivers great characters (the voice acting is brilliant). The boss battles took a step into the right directionPlaying Batman:Arkham Origins (B:AO) for the first time brought back old memories of Batman:Arkham City, but the new developers did a great job by delivering an Arkham game that is on par with the previous Arkham titles, if not succeeded in some fields. The story is great and delivers great characters (the voice acting is brilliant). The boss battles took a step into the right direction and were very enjoyable. Collectibles are welcomed back into this game and is still lots of fun. B:AO leaves you with the same feeling just as the previous Arkham titles: You are Batman, you are the Knight.

If you still didn't pick up this game, go buy it. For all Batman fans this is a must get. It won't disappoint you.
  84. Nov 24, 2013
    I was looking forward to this game ever since it was announced. Having been a fan of both Asylum and City, I couldn't wait to see what Montreal was gonna do with this next batman game. Unfortunately its nothing new. Just City with a bigger map, even considering half of the map is from Arkham City. Lets look at the game play, first I have no problem that they used the same combat system asI was looking forward to this game ever since it was announced. Having been a fan of both Asylum and City, I couldn't wait to see what Montreal was gonna do with this next batman game. Unfortunately its nothing new. Just City with a bigger map, even considering half of the map is from Arkham City. Lets look at the game play, first I have no problem that they used the same combat system as the previous batman games, I love beating thugs up no matter how I'm doin it. Gadgets however I have a issue with, besides the electric gloves, there's really nothing new except gadgets that are exactly the same from city but with a different name (ex: City: ice grenade, Origins: glue grenade.). Now with bugs. This game has a lot of them and even giving this review after its been out almost a month it still suffers from bugs. Also I thought GTA5 had some had rendering issues, this game is way worse of that. I'll get into areas or streets and stay there as I watch thugs load in 2 feet away from me, and passing buildings and signs and they just looked like crap before it finally loaded. That's how bad it is. I've probably fallen through the map more times than i can count as well. I hope these issues get fixed soon, so the fans can enjoy the game bug free. The story is nothing special, As you heard 8 assassins go after batman for money, seems simple only they talk and talk bout batman facing Black Mask and (spoiler) it ends up being the Joker instead. I'm not saying its bad bringing him in but the way they did it to me was pathetic. One last thing the season pass crap is one of the worst things, I mean people are paying 20 bucks for skins and dlc's and the makers make you have to work to get those skins,whether its getting all medals on challenge mode or finding all enigma packs its stupid. It's like i payed money to play with those skins don't make me do more crap so i can only unlock usually one at a time. In the end why am i even rating this game a 7 when it should probably be lower, maybe its because I'm just a big batman fan. But i would advise playing Arkham City over this if you want a better story, non buggy game play, and skins that you can buy and play as immediately without having to do some crap to unlock them. Expand
  85. Nov 24, 2013
    Excellent game, at least as good as Arkham City and a perfect adaptation of everything the comic stands for It was difficult and frustrating at the beginning on hard mode, but with a little perseverance I finally made it and after getting the electric gauntlets, nothing could stop me. A must buy for every Batman fan.
  86. Nov 22, 2013
    WB have in my opinion effectively ruined the arkham franchise. This game has an awesome story, but is unfortunately overshadowed by its many flaws. The first & main one that I'll mention is the free flow combat system, it prob the thing we all enjoy most from the arkham games and in this version, it is broken! No longer do u feel like the batman, but rather an idiot running around in aWB have in my opinion effectively ruined the arkham franchise. This game has an awesome story, but is unfortunately overshadowed by its many flaws. The first & main one that I'll mention is the free flow combat system, it prob the thing we all enjoy most from the arkham games and in this version, it is broken! No longer do u feel like the batman, but rather an idiot running around in a batsuit. In the previous 2 games if u were in the middle of a strike u were able to counter & I went back & played the previous ones to be sure. Now in this one, u literally have to almost be standing still to do a counter. It has made the game exteremly frustrating to play, I played it for a few days and that was prob only the story that kept me going, but eventually the complete mess of a combat system that WB has put it eventually made me just stop playing. Now that says a lot because in the previous 2, I did not want to stop playing, in Arkham City I went back and conpleted new game plus and did all the challenge maps. Those 2 made me want to go back and play more, whereas with this one, I dont even feel like finishing it once. Aside from that there are various other flaws, mainly glitches, in predator rooms, I would have 2 guards stuck in a doorway, u could see their legs moving but they were not going anywhere. Another glitch and I dont understand why WB put in this new system where u have to achieve certain objectives to unlock specific gadgets, was after completing one of them & unlocking the sonic batarang I saved and switched off. When I restarted the game the next day, the gadget was somehow locked again, but it showed that I had the trophy for that specific objective. On the same topic, I would be running around on the rooftops and have these achievements poppin up for doing nothing related to the actual objective. All of this combined with the game sometimes stuttering, the sound just dissapearing whenever I fast travel and the numerous other glitches that have been reported, including infinite falling and corrupted save game files make this a very dissapointing entry into the Batman Arkham series. Asylum and city did not have any glitches aside from some texture pop ins every once in a while. In my opinion they should have just let it end with Arkham city, it had such an awesome story, u had catwoman in it, the gameplay was perfect and the ending was brilliant. In closing I will say that if there is another Batman Arkham game in the future, which is made by Rocksteady, I will be first in line to buy it, if in the other hand its made by WB again, not a chance I'll even look at it. Expand
  87. Nov 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ever since I finished playing Arkham City I couldn't wait for the third installment. The gameplay didn't feel any different, but that's okay. I realized that some of the gadgets had the same functions as the gadgets from Arkham City, for example: the glue grenade can do everything that the freeze blast can do and the remote claw is similar to the line launcher. For some reason they changed the aiming and throwing controls from L1/R1 to L2/R2, that was weird. I'm a little disappointed that Joker is the main villain again, but that didn't stop me from enjoying the story. The boss battles were great (especially Deathstroke). Bane in this game is a lot better from the previous games. So far my favorite challenge map is 100 to 1. Multiplayer mode is a great addition to the series (I love playing as Bane). Expand
  88. Nov 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game felt more like an expansion pack than anything. The map was pretty much the same as in Arkham City with only a few small changes and Christmas decorations added. The story was incredibly short compared to the other games. It was a huge let down. Also it was advertised that the main villain in this one would be black mask, something different and fresh, but its just the damn joker again, this is reveled early too. There are so many other villains that could be used instead of the same one over and over again, its repetitive. The side missions in this one sucked, most were find and destroy ones nothing exciting. Then when you collect all the Riddler data-packs absolutely nothing happens, wtf. You can only play death-stroke in the challenge arenas even though at the end it is made out to seem like he will get his own little story line, but that will probably just be a DLC to be released. As much as this game was priced as I would expect it to seem like a new game not an expansion and I want a complete game not one that you have to get the DLC to finish a story it starts. Expand
  89. Nov 20, 2013
    Been playing for a while now. Yes all the blah blah about it not being as refined as the last one, but this story line is so much more in depth and involving in the villains...its become truly addicting and I can't stop playing. The music is also excellent like Arkham City, which I forgot to mention before. Loving this game and definitely recommend it.
  90. Nov 19, 2013
    Not bad, not bad at all. Big thumbs up to this game. Screw IGN, Gamespot and any other idiotic biased review who only bases the rating of this game in comparison to its predecessors. It's ridioculous how this game is not receiving 9's and 10's only because people think it's too similar to Arkham City WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH THAT? The reason I bought the damn game is because I hoped itNot bad, not bad at all. Big thumbs up to this game. Screw IGN, Gamespot and any other idiotic biased review who only bases the rating of this game in comparison to its predecessors. It's ridioculous how this game is not receiving 9's and 10's only because people think it's too similar to Arkham City WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH THAT? The reason I bought the damn game is because I hoped it would be like Asylum and City and Origins delivers that. If Arkham city didn't exist,this game would have been called a masterpiece and given a 10/10. And for all the people that give this game low ratings because of similarities to the previous games, these are the same people that give Call of Duty, Battlefield, Assassins Creed, FIFA, even Super Mario and Pokemon games 8-10 ratings every year for the same games. So why is Arkham Origins treated differently? Because its "Batman" and people's expectations rise though the roofs with anything Batman related. Just look at the Ben Afleck reaction, people didn't even give him a chance. Expand
  91. Nov 19, 2013
    Gotta give WB Montreal credit, I'm yet to get bored of this game yet. That's an impressive feat from WB. I thought Rocksteady were foolish to let another developer handle their franchise but this game has been thoroughly enjoyable. The Story was marvelous I must say, voice acting was impressive considering it was the regular you know who's.
  92. Nov 19, 2013
    Why all the negative reviews? Were people expecting some kind of revelation or something. This game offers all the great things we know and love of the arkham franchise and more. I personally think its the best one out of all the arkham games. Couldn't be any happier with this purchase
  93. Nov 18, 2013
    I've got various feelings about this game. It keeps you entertained but at the same time we have seen all this in Asylum and City. The only new thing solving cases, but they're pretty damn easy: just find evidence with detective vision and that's all, not a challenge.
    I'm not a fan of Batman, but the story is okay.
    There're few things that I don't like: - Level design is horrible. We
    I'm not a fan of Batman, but the story is okay.

There're few things that I don't like:
    - Level design is horrible. We live in year 2013 and the game designers still use invisible walls. When I went for datapacks I got stuck twice in the police station and the hotel. Also I don't understand why you can hook to some places and not others.
    - Boss fights are not different from the mobs. The exception is Bane and FireFly
    - In general the combat system is boring and primitive: you have only two combos (w/o knockouts specials) and still I recommend to use only punch to get advantage of critical hits.
    - To get advantage of gadgets in a fight, you should use auto-aim otherwise it's useless.
    - There could have been more side activities that involve not fighting any mobs. I would like to see some time races (there's only one challenge of this sort in the game)
    - Also about the collectibles: the reward for Enigma is BS, I expected some sort of confrontation.
  94. Nov 18, 2013
    My fav Arkham game by far. Best Story, keeps the same formula we all know and love, a bigger world, great gameplay and combat, we got access to the batcave and batwing! The voice acting is terrific, the soundtrack is the best of all 3 games and it has freakin Deathstroke as a playable character!!! Don't listen to the negative biased reviews, this game is awesome. Sure it has it's problemsMy fav Arkham game by far. Best Story, keeps the same formula we all know and love, a bigger world, great gameplay and combat, we got access to the batcave and batwing! The voice acting is terrific, the soundtrack is the best of all 3 games and it has freakin Deathstroke as a playable character!!! Don't listen to the negative biased reviews, this game is awesome. Sure it has it's problems with bugs and a few glitches but WB are working hard to address them all. So go out and buy this today! Expand
  95. Nov 18, 2013
    Arkham Origins was not a failed attempt at bringing to life another batman game, it was, however, a failed attempt at besting or even equalling both it's predecessors.
    It soon becomes evident that the flow of the game is harmed by common bugs, frame rate issues, occaisionally frustrating gameplay and an overall lifeless city.
    The gameplay, in particular the not uncommonly choked up
    The gameplay, in particular the not uncommonly choked up camera is one of the more disappointing features. Often when fighting large groups of people in small rooms, the camera moves up in to a corner of the room making it really difficult to see the people I'm fighting.
    Another disappointing feature is the complete lack luster villain lineup. I don't mean to say that the villains themselves aren't good enough, it's that they don't live up to what they could be. Often the villains you look forward to fighting the most end up just being 5 minute side missions that are a complete waste of the villains worth.

Now, to the good parts.

The story is fantastic. Don't listen to haters when they say the story is garbage compared to city or asylum. Don't get me wrong, it could have been executed better but it's great. As opposed to Arkham city's poor excuse to have a long cast of villains (that Gotham is a giant prison), origins actually has a reason for multiple bad guys.
    The boss battles are generally very well done. In particular the last bane fight and death stroke.

Overall, if you're a fan of the series, completely disregard the trash people have been talking about it. Fun is what matters in video games and this game has much of it in store.
  96. Nov 17, 2013
    This game is fantastic! Batman is a real badass in this game. If you loved the other two Arkham games, you will love this one as well. Maybe even more! Get it asap!!!
  97. Nov 17, 2013
    Yes, the game rests surely on the shoulders of previous two titles, and those awaiting new thrills may be unpleasantly surprised. One must remember though, that Arkham City wasn't any more innovative to Arkham Asylum than Origins is to AC. That doesn't mean AO isn't innovative at all it features a large, beautiful world which makes Arkham from AC look and feel like a sandbox and brand-newYes, the game rests surely on the shoulders of previous two titles, and those awaiting new thrills may be unpleasantly surprised. One must remember though, that Arkham City wasn't any more innovative to Arkham Asylum than Origins is to AC. That doesn't mean AO isn't innovative at all it features a large, beautiful world which makes Arkham from AC look and feel like a sandbox and brand-new Dexter-like case solving adventures. It doesn't fail to live up to its name, either, focusing heavily on the origins of how Batman came to be. It's exciting to see the before stories, knowing well how they will turn out in the future, not to mention the psychological aspect of those stories is well presented and simply makes sense. Gordon is younger, Barbara can walk, Enigma is not yet the Riddler, and we are unaware of this character named Joker (beautifully played, by the way). As for those who are disappointed with the lack of innovations it is an origins game, which means introducing too many of new things that obviously are not in the later games would be ridiculous and would make the game story suffer.
    It is a large game, two days is enough to pass the main story plus countless hours to finish the game 100%. I strongly recommend it Origins stands boldly in the series and certainly doesn't bring shame to the trilogy.
  98. Nov 17, 2013
  99. Nov 16, 2013
    This game isnt good as the first two arkham asylum was a great game and arkham city was even better. But this game goes two steps back with bug issues, storyline, and more. The way they could had fixed storyline is by showing ahead of arkham city endings meaning if they still wanted joker to be alive in this game they could had showed him tricking his death to batman instead of making aThis game isnt good as the first two arkham asylum was a great game and arkham city was even better. But this game goes two steps back with bug issues, storyline, and more. The way they could had fixed storyline is by showing ahead of arkham city endings meaning if they still wanted joker to be alive in this game they could had showed him tricking his death to batman instead of making a game where they go back before events. Games like thses are never interesting for an example god of acension, gears of war judgementand more. This game is a bit overratted. Expand
  100. Nov 14, 2013
    This is a fantastic game!!!! Pros are: Combat is improved and harder, Story is the best out of the 3 games, Multiplayer is a bonus, Heaps of stuff to collect and side quests are awesome, new crime scene investigation is a nice touch. Cons: Not much is new gameplay wise, a few bugs here and there.
    All in all i highly recommend that you pick this up.
  101. Oct 27, 2013
    Broken game. That's all that needs to be said. Framerates at one point (around the halfway point I guess?) render this game completely unplayable. Prior to that it was pretty fun, it's just reskinned Arkham City with almost no new features and a worse story (although still good). I won't bother reviewing this because it is simply a broken product, and possibly the worst frame rates I'veBroken game. That's all that needs to be said. Framerates at one point (around the halfway point I guess?) render this game completely unplayable. Prior to that it was pretty fun, it's just reskinned Arkham City with almost no new features and a worse story (although still good). I won't bother reviewing this because it is simply a broken product, and possibly the worst frame rates I've ever seen (I've played PS3 Skyrim and Dragon Age Origins). No broken product deserves a score higher than 0, no matter how good it is, shame on you WB. Collapse

1. Jan 3, 2014
    Arkham Origins is a game with two sides. One is a well made game with good design in combat and stealth. The other side is a game that never gets out of the shadow of its predecessors. Batman fans should pay attention but that’s it.
  2. Dec 20, 2013
    Initiation is a very regular package, which relies on the idea of the origins of the bat and retrieves the imagination of Batman Begins, but then binds the player into a series of challenges from a widely known flavor.
  3. CD-Action
    Dec 13, 2013
    I really hope that Rocksteady can still teach an old bat new tricks, because WB Games Montreal failed to advance the series. What we have here are old gameplay mechanics – which still work fine by the way – sold to us for the third time and supplemented with a bit of fresh ideas that don’t have a sufficient impact on the whole game (and sometimes are simply bad). [13/2013, p.56]