Battlefield 1943 PlayStation 3

7.9

1. Dec 28, 2011
    Just five, because this game have only multiplayer and 4 maps. No customizable characters. It's booring after long playing. DICE make this game dead. No patches, no fixes. Positive is vehicles and frostbite engine. Graphic is very veak.
  2. Aug 17, 2012
    Battlefield 1943 is a remake of the original Battlefield 1942. It haves better graphics, and better destruction. And, It is, a great remake. You only can play online. Battlefield 1943 haves huge maps, classic vehicles and a terrific gameplay. Battlefield always have, and It'll have the best multiplayer experience ever. Now, in this version, you can choose 3 classes: rifleman, infantry andBattlefield 1943 is a remake of the original Battlefield 1942. It haves better graphics, and better destruction. And, It is, a great remake. You only can play online. Battlefield 1943 haves huge maps, classic vehicles and a terrific gameplay. Battlefield always have, and It'll have the best multiplayer experience ever. Now, in this version, you can choose 3 classes: rifleman, infantry and scout. Rifleman haves a long range an It's anti-infantry. Infantry haves a short range and It's anti-tank, and Scout haves a sniper. The problem is that the game can freeze sometimes. 85 out of 100 Expand
  3. ZachA
    Aug 8, 2009
    Going through the slow Summer season, Battlefield 1943 has probably been the glowing gem in my gaming summer. Considering that it only costed me £10, what is provided is a complete bargain! I've found all three classes to be well balanced, and have been able to go through several games as each and not feel as if I was at a disadvantage; the vehicles were well balanced too, with Going through the slow Summer season, Battlefield 1943 has probably been the glowing gem in my gaming summer. Considering that it only costed me £10, what is provided is a complete bargain! I've found all three classes to be well balanced, and have been able to go through several games as each and not feel as if I was at a disadvantage; the vehicles were well balanced too, with cars not being strong enough to turn them into roadkill machines, and Tanks can be taken out by any of the infantry classes (Yes, even the Rifleman if you have the right attitude!). One thing I've noticed is a lot of complaints about the planes, surprisingly I have no qualms about the planes. For such a small map and game in general, to make them any easier to fly would make them the unfair vehicle, since they have the potential to be the most powerful item on the map in the right hands. he way they are, they provide exciting dogfights with others, and the chance to help others back on the ground. Swiftly put, this game to me was right down to the core, pure Battlefield gold, and with updates, could easily for me hold its grounds with even the upcoming giant CoD 6 (Modern Warfare 2). Expand
  4. Dr.Ghettoblaster
    Jul 10, 2009
    Outstanding game. The strategic use of vehicles, the destructive environments, the variety in gameplay, the graphics, this game is incredibly balanced and well worth the $15 price tag. Highly recommended. Highly addictive.
  5. JayC
    Jul 9, 2009
    Absolutely brilliant... You can fight on sea, land, and air! Amazing how FPSs being downloadable can be so fun to play.
  6. Lilijohn
    Jul 9, 2009
    I just play it on the JP store. An impressive looking game juste for 15$. Too good for a DLC game. And the sounds effects are fantastic !
  7. StefandeWitte
    Aug 6, 2009
    The best multi player title for the PS3 per dollar spend. True it is missing some of the features that the "actual' old school BF games possesed. It however is still an extremely fun game for those players who wish to just play for 30 mins every now and then.
  8. abc
    Sep 30, 2009
    For 15 bucks or 13 euros this game's a must-buy. The gameplay is awesome (especially with a FragFX), the graphics are good and sounds are superb. Thanks to the Frostbite game engine the environment around feels really dynamic as bombs bring down forests, destroy buildings and leave craters in the ground . A must-buy for an FPS fan!
  9. DarrenC
    Jul 13, 2009
    Highly addictive. Very fun. Great variety. The game is just what it needs to be. No intricate systems just multiplayer war fun. Vehicles in all maps, unlimited ammo. Everything just leads to a great time whether on the winning or losing team. Highly recommended!
  10. PaulK.
    Jul 13, 2009
    Gameplay dumbed down from BF1942. No moveable ships. Fiddly controls. Really blocky graphics. Could be so much better if they put it in 1080p. I'm sure the game engine can handle it.
  11. SimonP
    Jul 27, 2009
    The competing demands of career, girlfriend and everything else that come with adult life mean I only dip into online gaming from time to time, so for me a game like this is great. It's incredibly easy to just pick up and play and it's a lot of fun. I can tell I'm enjoying a game when I don't mind getting killed again and again and I keep coming back for more. The competing demands of career, girlfriend and everything else that come with adult life mean I only dip into online gaming from time to time, so for me a game like this is great. It's incredibly easy to just pick up and play and it's a lot of fun. I can tell I'm enjoying a game when I don't mind getting killed again and again and I keep coming back for more. Graphically it's nothing special, but it's bright colourful and it does the job. The sound is excellent; on a decent surround sound system the explosions and aircraft passing overhead are particular highlights. Only 3 land maps, only 3 classes of soldier etc, but it doesn't get boring because of the way that no two games play out the same. For sheer knock about fun, this is hard to beat. Expand
  12. AGENT-A20
    Sep 8, 2009
    This game is a jewel. A must have for fps fans and a real bargain at $15, more than adequate in the neccessary areas of control, graphics, and online performance. Battles are intense and thrilling. You might be storming a base with a jeep full of teammates, or solo in the hills sniping, tank driver or buster, aircraft pilot or anti-aircraft gunning. Melee kills with a katana, it's This game is a jewel. A must have for fps fans and a real bargain at $15, more than adequate in the neccessary areas of control, graphics, and online performance. Battles are intense and thrilling. You might be storming a base with a jeep full of teammates, or solo in the hills sniping, tank driver or buster, aircraft pilot or anti-aircraft gunning. Melee kills with a katana, it's all here. Drawbacks exist, slim level count, no choice of modes, blah blah. Just get it!! Expand
  13. JimmyL
    Jul 16, 2009
    One of the better downloadable games available, it brings a ton of fun and mayhem to the table. Well worth the cash.
  14. WillW.
    Jul 19, 2009
    Let me start out by saying that this game is awesome! All of the weapons (and classes) are fun to use and each has it's own distinct personality, simular to Call of Duty. You can rank up, but you don't earn any achevements by doing so. Instead, you earn them by completing certain chalanges, such as running over a certain amount of people, or capturing a certain number of basses. Let me start out by saying that this game is awesome! All of the weapons (and classes) are fun to use and each has it's own distinct personality, simular to Call of Duty. You can rank up, but you don't earn any achevements by doing so. Instead, you earn them by completing certain chalanges, such as running over a certain amount of people, or capturing a certain number of basses. I havn't ever touched on the vehicles (cars, boats, tanks, planes...), highly destructible enviorments (simluar to Bad Company), the huge open worlds, the good graphics or even the fact that you couldn't even join a game the weekend of launch because it's so crowded. Some downers include no single player campaign, difficult plane control, the inability to pick which map or game type you wish to play (you can end up playing the same map many times in a row, for their are only 4) and some other minor problems. My point being, this game probubly could have sold at full retail price, but at a fourth of that, it's damn near perfect (you can say damn here right, I hope so or I just wrote all this for nothing!) Collapse
  15. GordonV
    Jul 9, 2009
    This game is everything a Downloadable game should be, good file size and more fun than a slip and slide!
  16. MarkC
    Jul 23, 2009
    What few maps you do get are a lot of fun, but you only get 3. And the air superiority isn't very fun do to poor plane controls and only one type of plane. But for 15$ you can't go wrong.
  17. TristanH
    Jul 24, 2009
    This game is very fun. However, I have had a lot of problems with the aiming. One minute I can kill an enemy with no problems and the next minute I can't hit a guy two feet in front of me. Don't know why, but it really takes away from the game.
  18. Aug 31, 2010
    I am terrible at this game, I've not played any other first-person-shooters and I suck at this. Having said that it is just so much fun and its immediately fun, you load it up and you're online and fighting. It was released quite some time ago, but I've not had any problems finding full online battles. Its obviously not the best looking game, but it is probably the best online war-sim forI am terrible at this game, I've not played any other first-person-shooters and I suck at this. Having said that it is just so much fun and its immediately fun, you load it up and you're online and fighting. It was released quite some time ago, but I've not had any problems finding full online battles. Its obviously not the best looking game, but it is probably the best online war-sim for casual players. Its cheap too. Buy it. Expand
  19. Jul 24, 2013
    One of the best online shooters ever and only a $15 download. Realistic physics unlike other shooters. Romp around in fighters, jeeps and tanks like Rambo. Only 3 maps and locked in weapon options. This is a cheap arcade multiplayer shooter, too bad they do not make the full size $60 shooters this quality. The quality and fun factor dwarfs most $60 shooters. Definitely worth checking outOne of the best online shooters ever and only a $15 download. Realistic physics unlike other shooters. Romp around in fighters, jeeps and tanks like Rambo. Only 3 maps and locked in weapon options. This is a cheap arcade multiplayer shooter, too bad they do not make the full size $60 shooters this quality. The quality and fun factor dwarfs most $60 shooters. Definitely worth checking out if you like multiplayer gaming. Expand
  20. Mar 19, 2011
    This game was fun for the first 10 games, but it got old fast. There's no depth. It's just the same game type over and over and tanks are over powered.
  21. Sep 27, 2011
    The best PSN game. Absolutely brilliant fight on land, sea and air, too. Conquest game mode is outstanding, and the maps are excellent. Vehicles are nice, and soldier kits are well balanced. Sounds are good, graphics are little cartoony but so nice. Take it. It cost nowadays only 10 euros. It´s a very addictive.
  22. Aug 27, 2011
    Cheap ,affordable and simply a heck of a game. Addictive multiplayer with an immersive structure that is unstoppable to play. If you played Bad Company 2 and want to play this other part of the franchise, go ahead and don't be shy buy it. ( also something I didn't pinpointed , this also comes in the Bad Company 2 package).
  23. Feb 19, 2013
    If you purchased Battlefield 3 for the PS3, you get Battlefield 1943 for free! Otherwise, you must pay $9.99 on PSN. Either way, this is awesome for a download-only title. You may forget that this is a downloadable title when you play so be warned...hehe. It has only 4 maps, but as I have said, it's download-only, forgive it. And to correct the review of "GameReviews", this is NOT a remakeIf you purchased Battlefield 3 for the PS3, you get Battlefield 1943 for free! Otherwise, you must pay $9.99 on PSN. Either way, this is awesome for a download-only title. You may forget that this is a downloadable title when you play so be warned...hehe. It has only 4 maps, but as I have said, it's download-only, forgive it. And to correct the review of "GameReviews", this is NOT a remake of the original 1942. 1943 is something different. Expand
  24. Jan 7, 2012
    2nd best Battlefield game there is behind BF3. Even though there's only 3 maps (Wake Island, Mount Siribachi and Iwo Jima) You'd get bored of MW really easily if you have this game which you can get for free by going to 1943redemption.battlefield.com. You must have BF3 to redeem the vouch though.

Vehicles are a gem especially the 3 plane bombers and the sherman tank.
  25. Nov 14, 2013
    Battlefield 1943 was a great addition to the battlefield series and right before the newer version came out it gave us battlefield veterans some fun. I give it a 7.8 out of 10.
  26. Jul 3, 2015
    Just never really got that into this game. There is no customization of any kind. That works for some games like Uncharted 2 where the multiplayer is completely different. But the lack of customization doesn't work for a big first-person shooter like Battlefield 1943. The controls are also a bit clunky compared to something like COD4's crisp controllability of aiming and moving.

It's a

It's a good game when you occasionally play for an hour or so, but isn't interesting enough to be played very often.

(I played this game in 2010, I'm just now writing the review)

1. GamePro
    With satisfaction always within reach, Battlefield 1943 makes for an addictive online experience. [Aug 2009, p.79]
    I love that we can download great looking first-person shooters that support 24 players online these days. Battlefield 1943 is an impressive package that sets a new standard for digital titles. You won't find anything new in terms of gameplay, but the seven-year old Battlefield formula remains a lot of fun today.
  3. For a tenner this is an absolute no-brainer – an utterly wonderful online fighter and one that shouldn’t be missed by anyone.