7.4

1. Oct 25, 2011
    Better then BFBC2 which was a 9.0. Single player is short but, surprisingly good. The gameplay is even better with improvements over BCBC2, and the graphics are amazing for the PS3. Looking forward to coop. Great job DICE.
  2. Oct 25, 2011
    People play this game hoping it to be like other shooters. But its not. The game itself has a great story that does a good job and submersing you. The multiplayer is fun. You cant blame the game for problems that you provoke. Like dying or aiming terribly. If you look hard enough youll find small glitches like any other game but it stands out from its competition by providing somethingPeople play this game hoping it to be like other shooters. But its not. The game itself has a great story that does a good job and submersing you. The multiplayer is fun. You cant blame the game for problems that you provoke. Like dying or aiming terribly. If you look hard enough youll find small glitches like any other game but it stands out from its competition by providing something new. I rate this game a 10 because thats what it should deserve. Expand
  3. Apr 2, 2012
    I have been a fan of the Battlefield series since Battlefield 2 for then PC. I have been anticipating Battlefield 3 since I played Battlefield 2. Bad Company were great games, but I wanted to play a sequel to the orginal series. Battlefield 3 is a great game that should not be missed. The multiplayer is some of the best to ever exist on any video game. Battlefield has always been aboutI have been a fan of the Battlefield series since Battlefield 2 for then PC. I have been anticipating Battlefield 3 since I played Battlefield 2. Bad Company were great games, but I wanted to play a sequel to the orginal series. Battlefield 3 is a great game that should not be missed. The multiplayer is some of the best to ever exist on any video game. Battlefield has always been about teamwork and this game is no different. The maps are huge with so many ways to flank the enemy and so many weapons to choose from and customise. If you want real multiplayer this is the game for you. This game is truly amazing. Expand
  4. Oct 25, 2011
    mASTERbLASTER1
    Oct 25, 2011
    This PS3 version is pretty much amazing. This is next gen - now. Amazing amazing AMAZING!!! Avoid reading the COD trolls on here. You know this game rocks!! It wouldn't get 93 from critics if it wasn't the real deal. The graphics are so real, and the immersive gamplay is unparallelled. Buy this sucker now and start enjoying this unbelievable experience.
  5. Oct 25, 2011
    my jaw dropped when i put this in my disc drive. amazing. best game ever. best graphics ever. best gameplay. best weapons hysics. stupid cod fanboys rating this down
  6. Oct 25, 2011
    amazing game for a console, pushes the limit on a 6 year old device. Definitively recommended, everything from jets to tanks to jeeps, all within a limit of one single match.
  7. Oct 25, 2011
    This is an amazing game, it exceeds all my expectation. The game play is amazing, the best part is the online gaming and that is free. BF3 should do very well against MW
  8. Oct 25, 2011
    Awsome game!!! Not enough words for the sheer quality of the outstanding multiplayer. I cannot see the 4 negative reviews posted here. I Can't imagine how anybody could give a negative review unless its the fact that its called BATTLEFILED 3 and not MW3.

A truly visceral experience. Lets ROCK!!!
  9. Oct 25, 2011
    this game is a masterpiece of scope and gritty modern military experience. the single player campaign will surprise you with its story's sad relevance and awesome realistic combat. the multiplayer is typically amazing and truly sets a new standard for excellence. it doesn't seem that dice did all that much to make B3 play like a call of duty game at all as the maps remain big andthis game is a masterpiece of scope and gritty modern military experience. the single player campaign will surprise you with its story's sad relevance and awesome realistic combat. the multiplayer is typically amazing and truly sets a new standard for excellence. it doesn't seem that dice did all that much to make B3 play like a call of duty game at all as the maps remain big and killstreaks don't yield all the extra perks. it's still battlefield- bigger, badder, more beautiful than ever, and breathtakingly rad. Expand
  10. Oct 25, 2011
    try to keep this short and sweet, dice has chose a different path as far as campaign, "flashback" interlaced story feeling very familiar, yes black ops. but this isnt a bad thing just not a story which will have you holding on to your seat waiting for the next mission, rather you just go through the motions, quick keying when cued and yes the nuke is in a brief case and you know the rest.try to keep this short and sweet, dice has chose a different path as far as campaign, "flashback" interlaced story feeling very familiar, yes black ops. but this isnt a bad thing just not a story which will have you holding on to your seat waiting for the next mission, rather you just go through the motions, quick keying when cued and yes the nuke is in a brief case and you know the rest. BUT this may be a very familiar territory as far as story/campaign but we are in uncharted waters as far as visuals and sound, brilliant. ive played it also on the p.c. and i will say that the console version is a masterpiece for such a enriched beautiful display of the frostbite 2, not bad for a 6 year old console. its groundbreaking in ways which allow one to see that although a console is limited , developers can find clever ways to work around the limitations, i applaud dice for this. well done. but back on track, the campaign is short and sweet. it almost feels like a "training session" for what is to be in my opinion, the best fps multiplayer exp ever. and i cant express how much it has to offer as well as the option to play any mode for the maps which is nice because is bad company 2 i wished i could play certain modes on certain maps etc.

dont be fooled by the ratings judged by campaign. if you are buying this for campaign alone it is still better then alot thats out there anyways but the point i am making is that the exp is in the multiplayer, one which will devour you and one that can not be overlooked or dismissed as just another fps re-hash. no... this game has officially set the bar in my opinion. so as far as mw3, well thats another game which is a different style, so when the time comes this game will also have a rating based on what it offers. im tired of hearing about the mw3 vs. b3. and even more so when hearing about how much one is better and you know what im getting at, and this is a biased way to judge/rate a game. if one can not place a disc in, play it and strictly talk about what they saw and how they felt w/o comparing, well then there is a conflict of interests for lack of a better term. this game deserves to get rated on the good and the bad, and not rated by comparing. thats why the scoring system is out of whack now a days. well i try my best to play a game with an open mind and then tell my fellow gamers what i thought and how i felt. nothing more or less. w/ that said..

the good: graphics are top notch, lip sync done well, sound is amazing ( headset recommended!). the gunplay feels great , the lighting, changing weather and day to night is wow, guns are pretty much the same loadout as the last installment w/ a few new additions but new gadgets/toys make an appearance and unlocks seem endless (at this point), maps are scaled nicely some are average sized (bbc2) few are huge, couple smaller and couple big so a nice balance. the bad: yes there are some bugs, but ive been so captivated that its isnt as bothersome but they are there. story is a been there done that and took very sim route as black ops did w/ flashbacks and sgt blackburn stuck in an room while interrogated. sometimes the controls do feel a bit clunky especially when alot is going on ( clunky like having jump 3/4 times in order to vault over object, the on screen cues may have to be done a few times although you are following the god of war like quick time, climbing ladder falling off and then can not climb again so restart check point) , cutscenes are present in a way which it slows the pace of the campaign which is never really on full steam to begin with.

so yes the campaign is the worst part of battlefield 3, but its still good but i was hoping 4 something a bit more creative but i must say that i enjoyed every minute and the atmosphere which made my eyes smile and gun fire which gave my ears as close of a taste of the sounds of war as i ever heard in a game. from the roar of the jets to the tanks fierce thunder, i could give you a list from now til next tuesday. this game is a must own if you enjoy military fps multiplayer games , if you are new to this type of game then the campaign is like a training mission preparing you for the online war. so end result, yes the campaign is a place which ive visited before and felt familiar but what didnt was the beautiful graphics, sound and pure beauty of what is on the tv while playing. its a brilliant game, and its brilliance is w/in the mp. and the campaign is just a warm up. but battlefield was and always will be based on mp. this is why i bought it. and the replay value is infinite. awesome
  11. Oct 25, 2011
    Amazing game. Looks fantastic on the PS3 and the multi-player is phenomenal. I have not been able to stop playing since getting it. The audio alone is reason enough to buy this. I have been a battlefield fan from day one, and this does not disappoint. If you like epic battles, with jets soaring overhead, tanks cruising down rubble filled streets, and tracers streaming past your face,Amazing game. Looks fantastic on the PS3 and the multi-player is phenomenal. I have not been able to stop playing since getting it. The audio alone is reason enough to buy this. I have been a battlefield fan from day one, and this does not disappoint. If you like epic battles, with jets soaring overhead, tanks cruising down rubble filled streets, and tracers streaming past your face, then this is one you do not want to miss. Expand
  12. Oct 25, 2011
    a stellar experience unrivaled in multiplayer single player, amazing graphics realistic physics, no noobs noobs do not prosper in this game... 10 out of 10
  13. Nov 11, 2011
    I love Battlefield 3. It is by far, the most realistic combat FPS game. The destructible environment is really fantastic. And they didn't stoop to using silly gimmicks like a little radio controlled car chasing you around the map and then blowing up or care packages falling from the sky or incoming nukes. I love the game so much that I bought it for both my xbox and by PS3. Great job DICE.I love Battlefield 3. It is by far, the most realistic combat FPS game. The destructible environment is really fantastic. And they didn't stoop to using silly gimmicks like a little radio controlled car chasing you around the map and then blowing up or care packages falling from the sky or incoming nukes. I love the game so much that I bought it for both my xbox and by PS3. Great job DICE. #SlamDunk Expand
  14. Nov 20, 2011
    Altro che mw3, battlefield 3 è il miglior FPS presente sul mercato oggi è veramente innovativo e divertente anche se vi sono presenti numerosi problemi.
  15. Nov 9, 2011
    The similarities between this game and Bad Company 2 are many but it does enough to stand on it's own. They've revitalised the class system a little bit for the better, expanded on aerial warfare, which is a blast. The essence of Battlefield is there with some of the best maps in the series. Would I recommend it over CoD MW3? Depends whether you want to sit down and play a tactical shooterThe similarities between this game and Bad Company 2 are many but it does enough to stand on it's own. They've revitalised the class system a little bit for the better, expanded on aerial warfare, which is a blast. The essence of Battlefield is there with some of the best maps in the series. Would I recommend it over CoD MW3? Depends whether you want to sit down and play a tactical shooter that is pretty team based then BF3, or for something just to quickly jump on to for some light arcadey fun then CoD. Expand
  16. Dec 7, 2012
    Beautiful graphics and amazing gameplay. Campaign is ok ( I wish there were more missions ) and worth the 8 hours needed to complete it. Co-op campaign helps increase the fun and is more harder than the regular campaign. The real fun is in the multiplayer. It probably has the best multiplayer out of all the First-Person Shooters till date. Over all, an extremely good game and in my opinionBeautiful graphics and amazing gameplay. Campaign is ok ( I wish there were more missions ) and worth the 8 hours needed to complete it. Co-op campaign helps increase the fun and is more harder than the regular campaign. The real fun is in the multiplayer. It probably has the best multiplayer out of all the First-Person Shooters till date. Over all, an extremely good game and in my opinion a must-buy for all fans and to-be fans of the series. Expand
  17. Nov 9, 2011
    Un-biased non-fanboy review: Pre-ordered and played it immediately. I don't do that often... Jumped straight into campaign and to be honest the first three or four levels were immense. I felt in danger walking through the streets with my squad, and that's exactly what Battlefield should be aiming for. They are heavily invested in realism and they did a marvelous job of it. However, after aUn-biased non-fanboy review: Pre-ordered and played it immediately. I don't do that often... Jumped straight into campaign and to be honest the first three or four levels were immense. I felt in danger walking through the streets with my squad, and that's exactly what Battlefield should be aiming for. They are heavily invested in realism and they did a marvelous job of it. However, after a while the game began to slow down for me. I got less interested as the story ends up being unoriginal and I almost got the feeling there was some government propaganda pumped in for good measure. (To be honest, I'm so sick of playing the American soldier because in real life they are nothing but murderers for a corrupt establishment. Give me a game set in South America/India/Australia with their soldiers or whatever. Something new...)

The QTE moments are gash. There are too many of them and there's no reason for them at all. The fact that the game ends in one is the worst of it all. Press X, then O, then R1 etc... f'in boring.

However the graphics are beautifully done, sound is incredible, effects superb, so if you've got a sweet TV you'll enjoy this game for the spectacle alone.

MULTIPLAYER! I can't stress how good this is. The variety and the 'Battlefield Moments' make this game endless fun. Go on Youtube and look some up and you'll see what I mean. You end up at work the next day explaining those 10 seconds of mayhem. The maps are great and the addition of jets makes it feel more like war than ever before. SHooting mechanics are just fine and require you to think about how you approach a kill rather than just holding the trigger. I played the Co-Op extra missions last nigth with someone I met online, and the moments of cohesion together you can't find anywhere else. 3 2 1 Sniper headshots are the way forward. They should have informed people how to 'spot' enemies, as in most random games people don't even bother to identify tanks or helis for everyone else. I am a little dissapointed that the campaign isn't full co-op. This should be the norm for FPS, particularly squad based ones like BF3.

So graphics 9, campaign 8, sound 10, multiplayer 9, co-op 8, overall gameplay 9 and fun factor and replayability 10. Overall 9/10 from me. Buy this game if you want sustained fun. (see how long it takes you to master the helicopters) Cheers, DK
  18. Nov 9, 2011
    All I can say is OMG!!!! Single player is good but not any better then that. But I only got this game for the multiplayer, and it's easily the best multiplayer experience I've ever played. The whole Multiplayer experience is fair for every player, little to no lag, so much much customization with your classes that you could player this game forever. The map designs are brilliant, the gameAll I can say is OMG!!!! Single player is good but not any better then that. But I only got this game for the multiplayer, and it's easily the best multiplayer experience I've ever played. The whole Multiplayer experience is fair for every player, little to no lag, so much much customization with your classes that you could player this game forever. The map designs are brilliant, the game controls feel natural, and the gameplay encourages team work heavily which makes this game so unique, something games have never done successfully. The gunfights feel and look amazing. I could be defending the bridge so the enemy cannot cross it, then in a few seconds, I have 5 team mates with me helping me defend my position, and it feels like real warfare.

The sound design is simply amazing, the guns look awesome and sound realistic. The vehicle gameplay is fun with the Jets being a ball once you learn how to fly it.

In a nut shell, Battlefield 3 is the best multiplayer experience I have ever player, period.
  19. Nov 10, 2011
    Having moved over from COD I tried to play it in the same run-and-gun way, and got very frustrated with it. After 1 day I nearly took it back to the shop for something else. I stuck with it though, changed the way I played, and can say hands down this is better than MW will ever be. Better graphics, better sound, more realistic, no overpowered perk drops, just way way more fun. BlowingHaving moved over from COD I tried to play it in the same run-and-gun way, and got very frustrated with it. After 1 day I nearly took it back to the shop for something else. I stuck with it though, changed the way I played, and can say hands down this is better than MW will ever be. Better graphics, better sound, more realistic, no overpowered perk drops, just way way more fun. Blowing buildings and 5hit up is a hoot.

The game isn't perfect, but MW3 being so poor makes it look so. BF3 needs a training mode otherwise it is madly frustrating getting owned by some 30+ rank dick of a sniper. Couple of the weapons need rebalancing. Couple of the maps are frustrating. Love the size and scale of the maps on Rush mode. Getting your hands on a jet is rare. Too many idiots grab a tank and then waste it by charging into the enemy and getting blown up.

The best fps on the market.
  20. Nov 10, 2011
    The game itself is revamped and better now with the Frostbite 2 engine but the engine clear lacks graphic polish for console and has some glitchy issue of bodies being stuck in walls and etc. But overall the game is great, fun, and fresh. The Great Balance between Tanks, Jets, Helicopter and Infantry is a nice fix and is with a warm welcome. 9/10*
  21. Nov 10, 2011
    Not gonna lie, this is the best shooter ever for PS3. If you are on the fence or torn between this and MW3, get this game. You will not be disappointed.
  22. Nov 10, 2011
    this is the best shooter i have played on the ps3 so far because a. it looks really good b. the online is awesome sauce
    however the single player in this game wasn't as enjoyable as bc2's in my opinion. oh well, i bought this game for online anyway, and haven't been disappointed yet so yeah a solid 9 in my books.
  23. Nov 19, 2011
    I had fallen in love with this game after a played it for the first time. It's exhilirating and awesome, especially the multyplayer part. Open battlefield combat makes you feel like a real soldier in an epicentre of war. The sound of tanks shots and helicopters flying oround immerse you into battlelfield like never before. I give the game 10 out of 10 becouse of its multyplayer and I don'tI had fallen in love with this game after a played it for the first time. It's exhilirating and awesome, especially the multyplayer part. Open battlefield combat makes you feel like a real soldier in an epicentre of war. The sound of tanks shots and helicopters flying oround immerse you into battlelfield like never before. I give the game 10 out of 10 becouse of its multyplayer and I don't care for campaign. Expand
  24. Feb 6, 2013
    With its superb graphics and excellent Frostbite 2 technology, Battlefield 3 delivers an excellent gaming experience and is a must-buy for any first-person shooter enthusiast.
  25. o-k
    Nov 20, 2011
    i like the game a lot. the new engine is a bit iffy, however with a few updates this will be a game worth keeping for years to come. my only complaints are with the engine. the gameplay is spot on. not to mention a sensitivity higher that MW's.
  26. Nov 22, 2011
    Amazing Game, Dice really nailed it this time, this game is a must buy, only if your interested in Multi player that is, but as for single player fans, i cannot recommend the same, the story feels lame, and the checkpoint system is really bad. But then again, Battlefield is famous for its on-line game play and not so much on SP after all, and lets face it, who buys Battlefield games forAmazing Game, Dice really nailed it this time, this game is a must buy, only if your interested in Multi player that is, but as for single player fans, i cannot recommend the same, the story feels lame, and the checkpoint system is really bad. But then again, Battlefield is famous for its on-line game play and not so much on SP after all, and lets face it, who buys Battlefield games for their campaign, not much, so this game is amazing, defined graphics, amazing sound. If your a BF fan, look no further, get your ass to game stop right now and repeat the following "Sir, i would like a Copy of BF3 please"! Expand
  27. Nov 27, 2012
    Bought this game a year ago and I will have to say it was tough to get used to in the beginning, but I was looking for something different than the Call Of Duty line of games and which I used to play religiously every day. People that are disappointed at this game are not giving it a fair shot with a quick and over with campaign which is about 7 hours. The multi-player is where its at,Bought this game a year ago and I will have to say it was tough to get used to in the beginning, but I was looking for something different than the Call Of Duty line of games and which I used to play religiously every day. People that are disappointed at this game are not giving it a fair shot with a quick and over with campaign which is about 7 hours. The multi-player is where its at, being able to select and/or build your own server is nice as well in the multi-player.
    Battle Field 3 has amazing graphics you will immense yourself in the game once you figure out the controls and settings so those of you COD fans that are looking for something more in a first person shooter this is it!! As for whoever gives it a shot please give it a few hours of multi-player crashing jets and blowing up tanks, jeeps and helicopters to get used to it I know a few of my fellow friends that can agree with me on this. Thanks for reading and hope to see you online!!
  28. Nov 22, 2011
    To all those idiots that have been rating low score to BF3, they are just dumb people that don't get hooked to the experience because they run and gun like if it was CoD. BF 3 isn't meant to be played in that way, it is a objective game, you go to the objective and try to achieve it, whether is the adrenaline fast Rush mode or the slow paced but tactical Conquest. For those that playedTo all those idiots that have been rating low score to BF3, they are just dumb people that don't get hooked to the experience because they run and gun like if it was CoD. BF 3 isn't meant to be played in that way, it is a objective game, you go to the objective and try to achieve it, whether is the adrenaline fast Rush mode or the slow paced but tactical Conquest. For those that played only the single-player and didn't liked, they misssed what is BF100% percent. The graphics looks incredible even on console, that , it was the big fear of many people thinking that the graphics were going to suck. Also for those people that thought that the Beta sucked, that's part of it, Beta's are made , so that the developers can see where they're failing and what they can improve. So stand aside stupid haters , and go play your crappy games . Expand
  29. Nov 21, 2011
    Now this is innovative and fun game to play for a long time! This game is totally amazing and addicted! The graphic engine is much better than the MW3! Now I know why Battlefield 3 won so many awards! Awesome game!
  30. Nov 21, 2011
    Magnifique jeu... Que du beau boulot réalisé par les développeur... Malheureusement le multi joeur n'est pas entreprenant... Il manque encore ce petit quelque chose qu'il existe dans le multi de COD... Sinon la campagne en elle même est Extraordinaire... Que du bonheur...
  31. Nov 21, 2011
    I really love thus game. It is by far my favorite FPS of all time. The online play is amazingly fun when you have friends who work together with you to play the objective and just have a blast messing around in tanks and choppers. Great game, and will only get better as time goes on.
  32. Nov 21, 2011
    a stunning and realistic war simulater as compared to its run and gun rival call of duty, graphically superior and better gameplay if you want a fps i suggest picking up this title
  33. Nov 10, 2011
    Great game. First battlefield game i bought and I just cant put it down. Every kill is very satisfying. MW3 take tips, This is how you bring something new to the table instead of milking the same game for years.
  34. Nov 10, 2011
    THIS IS Amazing !!! This is 10x better than MW3. + big maps;teamwork,vehicles;A LOT OF FUN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THIS IS Amazing !!! This is 10x better than MW3. + big maps;teamwork,vehicles;A LOT OF FUN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - some little bugs Expand
  35. Nov 12, 2011
    Don't hold this against me, but I like to tell the truth. I was a COD gamer and bought MW3, what a trash game, so I went out and bought Battlefield 3 and boy I wish I always played Battlefield over COD. The game play is unreal and the maps and the work and detail gone into them is great. I'm now staying with battlefield as I have seen they care about their company, with putting upDon't hold this against me, but I like to tell the truth. I was a COD gamer and bought MW3, what a trash game, so I went out and bought Battlefield 3 and boy I wish I always played Battlefield over COD. The game play is unreal and the maps and the work and detail gone into them is great. I'm now staying with battlefield as I have seen they care about their company, with putting up dedicated servers for gamers aswell is great. This should be game of the year for sure. One last thing please forgive me for buying the rubbish CoD games, and welcome me into the real world of gaming within battlefield. Expand
  36. Nov 21, 2011
    whose bright idea was the give battlefield 3 a single player campaign? Whatever, its just a plus and it should not damage the games scores at all because the online gaming is just amazing. Will spend days playing this game! MW3 never stood a chance!
  37. Nov 10, 2011
    This is such a fun game. I am a bug fan of the Battlefield series and give great scores to EA and Dice for their new engine and new material. Not just copy pasting like the other guys( cough mw3). It does have a few things to be worked out but overall a very good game. I can see this being played for a long time to come. It is very technical and offers the true "shooter" lots of differentThis is such a fun game. I am a bug fan of the Battlefield series and give great scores to EA and Dice for their new engine and new material. Not just copy pasting like the other guys( cough mw3). It does have a few things to be worked out but overall a very good game. I can see this being played for a long time to come. It is very technical and offers the true "shooter" lots of different material to work with. One down side is they need to improve some of the useless unlocks and add new features like camo for the jets and tank would be great too. Expand
  38. Nov 21, 2011
    This game is why I play video games and support the games industry as avidly as I do. Lets be honest from the get go, this game has direct competition in the way of MW3 and both of these games are 99% multiplayer. I doubt ANYONE played these games for the single player, no matter what the critics say it has no influence in the sales and quality of each game in this day in age. They knowThis game is why I play video games and support the games industry as avidly as I do. Lets be honest from the get go, this game has direct competition in the way of MW3 and both of these games are 99% multiplayer. I doubt ANYONE played these games for the single player, no matter what the critics say it has no influence in the sales and quality of each game in this day in age. They know what they are and thats a MP experience and if you wanna try support the single player, then you obviously haven't played any other proper single player experience this year as the market is littered with better experiences. Now back to battlefield 3, i'll start with a list of innovations in gameplay and graphics.... The destruction system, while flawed and not red faction, its still really immersive and realistic. Terrain deformation, bit of wall flying off wen trying to hide.... its insane who good it looks. I mean I see a bunch of enemies hold up in one area, fire a rocket above them and the building falls and kills them all. Like wow! It brings new levels of realism and immersion to the experience. The animation system they built is incredible, characters die, move, shoot, you name it, they do it so realistic its makes you stop a marvel at the true innovation they've incorporated here. Vehicles looks amazing, firing a tank in a wooded area and all the trees bend to the shockwave of the force from the cannon.... WHAT GAME DOES THIS! So amazing to watch. Small little innovations to gameplay also to balance the experience are implemented like flashlight blindings, laser sights so blind snipers out of their camping poistion, not to mention the lense flare if the sniper point in scope at you specifically. All these little things help push the genre forward. The sound in this game is unrivaled by ANY game. Just amazing, I feel like I'm in a real battlefield from start to finish of a map and it truly shows what can be done these days. This is the game you show to non-gamers to show them how far games have come and how much room for improvement a lot of games need to make to even come close to competitive with this great title. You can tell they put so much time and effort into a truly deep, immersive and NEW experience than its previous iterations. New engine = yes imo. DICE you've done it again 10/1 Expand
  39. Nov 20, 2011
    Amazingly stunningly beautiful graphics. I can honestly say this game has the best graphics in the world right now. Single player is fun but Multiplayer is where the real action is. Addictive, fluid and great teamwork-based matches is a heck load of fun. Tons of customisations and unlocks will make you constantly come back. Worth every buck of your money. Fantastic gameplay, breathe takingAmazingly stunningly beautiful graphics. I can honestly say this game has the best graphics in the world right now. Single player is fun but Multiplayer is where the real action is. Addictive, fluid and great teamwork-based matches is a heck load of fun. Tons of customisations and unlocks will make you constantly come back. Worth every buck of your money. Fantastic gameplay, breathe taking visuals and world class multiplayer will make you craving for more Expand
  40. Nov 8, 2011
    Este es un juego increíble, que supera todas mis expectativas. El juego es increíble, la mejor parte es el juego en línea y que es gratis. BF3 debe hacer muy bien contra MW
  41. Nov 10, 2011
    Brilliant Game.
    Decent Campaign.
    Very Fun Coop Missions.
    Dogtags- Customization.

Best Graphics of 2011.
    Vehicles.
    Destruction.
    Best Multiplayer of 2011.
    Good all round fun.
  42. Nov 14, 2011
    There is always things that can be improved...but Battlefield 3 delivers on so many fronts. The multi-player portion of the game is really a great experience. No other game out now offers up the wide open map format like Battlefield 3 does. The ability to take to the sky, land, sea and underground really makes this game a winner. The campaign portion is a bit directional and forced. I wishThere is always things that can be improved...but Battlefield 3 delivers on so many fronts. The multi-player portion of the game is really a great experience. No other game out now offers up the wide open map format like Battlefield 3 does. The ability to take to the sky, land, sea and underground really makes this game a winner. The campaign portion is a bit directional and forced. I wish the campaign was more like the multi-player where you were in the open world having options on what to do next. If they could develop a Fall Out style Battlefield, I think that would be the paradigm shift needed for FPS! Expand
  43. Nov 20, 2011
    I legitimately thought the game was very good. Way better than the garbage that was BC2. However, I wasn't going to give it a 10 until IGN insisted on writing TWO full articles crying about "Metacritic trolling." Sorry not everyone agrees with you, IGN.
  44. Dec 1, 2011
    Let me state first that i have NEVER played a Battlefield game before. i've never sat with someone while they played it. The one DICE game i played was Medal of Honor. Boring campaign, but after playing all CODs since MW i really liked the multiplayer offering DICE put up with MOH. I enjoyed the tactical pacing as opposed to COD's frantic running and gunning. Also, LOVED the sound.Let me state first that i have NEVER played a Battlefield game before. i've never sat with someone while they played it. The one DICE game i played was Medal of Honor. Boring campaign, but after playing all CODs since MW i really liked the multiplayer offering DICE put up with MOH. I enjoyed the tactical pacing as opposed to COD's frantic running and gunning. Also, LOVED the sound. Personally, i became better at COD after playing MOH because i learnt to move better. Of course this may only apply to me.
    Anyway, two days ago, i get my copy of BF3. i fire it up and it throws me into Rush on Caspian Border. As soon as i spawn i'm looking at a tank standing on the asphalt. Immediately there's a loud boom; the tank recoils and kicks up dust. A second later i hear another muffled explosion as the shell hits. i'm already thinking WOW, when a chopper buzzes overhead, machine guns spitting fire. There's a shout over the radio about an enemy fast mover, but i'm too preoccupied with the audio visual assault to catch it. A second later a jet buzzes low, chasing after the chopper. Its now that I start running for cover. DICE has thrown me straight in to a war zone. Welcome to Battlefield.
    I have seen very few sights since i started gaming in the early 90s that made me just sit in awe. This was one of them. And many more followed. I've only played the multiplayer so far, so i cant comment on the campaign. i dont play FPS games for campaigns any more, although i did till MW2. i even played the MW3 campaign, but it didnt have that spark anymore. I'd already seen the washington monument destroyed. Manhattan was just more of the same. And the story was flat out cliched. I dont dislike COD. i've spent many enjoyable months on it, prestiged etc. I even played MW3 multiplayer. But it was almost more of the same. Enjoyable, yes. Amazing, no. Now i'm not especially good at online multiplayer. just average. But a day later, im still enjoying every minute of BF3. i cant wait to get back in the game. And not only because of the visuals. BF3 makes you feel like you're contributing with more than just kills. Spotting, repairing, healing; that's you being part of the team. And you get rewarded for it. IW is good at giving you small, frantic and personal gun fights, DICE is great at making you part of a team. MOH made me feel like part of a squad waging a small tactical battle. But that was just an appetizer for Battlefield 3. This, this is war.
  45. Nov 10, 2011
    Overall I give this game a 9 ONLY because of the single player campaign, but then again, who cares about single player First Person Shooters nowadays??? The online multiplayer is DEFINITELY a 10. I love the thrill of massive scale battles and semi-realism. People complain that the multiplayer Conquest and Rush matches are too long and too slow...but that's just the best part of it.Overall I give this game a 9 ONLY because of the single player campaign, but then again, who cares about single player First Person Shooters nowadays??? The online multiplayer is DEFINITELY a 10. I love the thrill of massive scale battles and semi-realism. People complain that the multiplayer Conquest and Rush matches are too long and too slow...but that's just the best part of it. Anything can happen at any given time. If you pretend that you're actually in the battlefield instead of just playing the game, the experience is so wonderful. Other complaints include "camping" snipers. Let me ask you this, what else are snipers supposed to do? It's called RECON for a reason. I only use Recon on Battlefield 3. I love the feeling of sneaking around enemy territory, sniping people from 600 meters away, and hiding yourself with the environment. You have to play the game...you just have to. Expand
  46. Nov 3, 2011
    Ok so I'm going to break this review up so it simple, but first I am going to get my rant out of the way. First of all its good to know that any game that has flashbacks now copies Call of Duty (i sense a meme). The flashbacks from Black Ops were during, not an Interrogation/Debriefing surrounding and interesting conspiracy, but a TORTURE of a US marine surrounding a plot that has beenOk so I'm going to break this review up so it simple, but first I am going to get my rant out of the way. First of all its good to know that any game that has flashbacks now copies Call of Duty (i sense a meme). The flashbacks from Black Ops were during, not an Interrogation/Debriefing surrounding and interesting conspiracy, but a TORTURE of a US marine surrounding a plot that has been used for ages, so stop trying to say the plot of sleeper agents with codes stored in their heads is original because its not. Also the plot of Black Ops was nonsensical and was basically a Michael Bay film with not so pretty graphics. I understand this game is going to get compared to CoD, its what the entire flame-war has been about, but the fact of the matter is that CoD has grown stale and has a plot that my nine year old brother predicted when i started MW2. The last good CoD in the series was CoD 4 (I have been playing CoD since the beginning so i am not a fan-boy so don't start with that). Its just that myself and many other gamers have grown tired of the same rehashed game over and over and want something new. This is where Battlefield 3 comes in to fill the gap. I'll start with the campaign since this is where I here the most gripes.
    CAMPAIGN: This game has a VERY solid campaign, not one of the most original plots, but it was done extremely well. The story is believable, engrossing and full of tense moments that really get you on your toes. A lot of people seem to say that you can't get Graphics and Playability in one package and I call those people stupid. The PS3 version has fantastic graphics, I am very pleased with the way it turned out and understand why DICE said they play the PS3 version in the office everyday. The level when your teammate deploys flares in the apartment is a true justification to that, along with many more jaw-dropping levels (Thunder Run). I understand fully that Battlefield is a series not known for Single-player, but since Bad Company 1&2 they are learning to create an intriguing story that really does justice to a good campaign. The only issue I've had with campaign is that when the game saves, it sometimes freezes briefly, but comes right back. The way the campaign is also geared towards knowing that you are not Rambo-Jesus is great too. They really make you feel like you die quite quickly and that cover IS needed to survive. Also as opposed to Black Ops which had some of the worst AI I've ever seen in a game, both the enemies and team-mates feel smart enough to challenge and help you. Enemies move from cover to cover and pick and choose targets while your fellow squad mates will actually kill the enemies with you. Another thing that I have heard is that the directions in the campaign are not clear enough. Well...I guess that for the average CoD player being 12 years old, it may be a little hard to understand that when you team-mate says SHOOT THE LIGHTS he really does mean SHOOT THE LIGHTS, I mean seriously I have read so many posts saying, "I'm stuck on the sniper level i don't understand what he wants me to do". Its like wow really are you serious there's a prompt in the top left and there are subtitles so either you dumb, or just illiterate. I had a great time with the single player and really felt the power behind the vehicles, guns and explosions. The graphics and lighting are fantastic and the story is engrossing and fun. Don't skip the single player. MULTIPLAYER:
    This is where the game truly shines and delivers the full package. The graphics are phenomenal and the gun-play is fantastic. The fact that CoD's only argument is 60fps hold no water at all. The frame rate is still smooth and jitter free even with so much action happening in one area. The multiplayer suffers from a few hiccups with lag and unbalanced weaponry, but DICE (actually caring about customer support) has already acknowledged the problems and is working to fix them as I type. The maps of Battlefield 3 are absolutely enormous and could fit all of CoD's maps into one. They are beautifully designed to soot all play-styles from Jet and Helicopter Pilot, Tank commander, Infantry grunt, Support gunner, Demolitionist, Sniper and much more depending on how you play. There are still plenty of buildings to destroy and to decimate so don't fret, the tradition of destruction remains strong. The guns all feel amazing and handle differently. Also not every gun is suitable for every map so adjust your class accordingly, and thanks to the traditional loadout screen after every death you can always change your class and weapon set so you never feel screwed. Again cover is a must so don't expect to play this game like CoD and end up MVP(kills don't matter, points come from working as a team) shocking I know. Battlefield 3 is a must buy for any true FPS fan tired of the mundane. You cant go back once your hooked.
  47. Oct 25, 2011
    Just to help anyone who hasn't picked this up yet with their decision, I will provide a brief review of sorts.

I got this at midnight release and played for about 6 hours now. 2 outside of the multiplayer and 4 in multiplayer. The gist of it is this: Co-op was terrible and the campaign was equally terrible. Essentially in co-op the connectivity was poor and the gameplay experience was unspectacular. It's just you and some friends slogging through set piece moments. Blah. Then the campaign, which I played for about an hour, did nothing to draw me in. Bland story, yadda yadda, why bother? The reason you all came is for multi and it is great. If you played BFBC2 and loved it, then pick this up. The movement is greatly improved, the gameplay is similar but on a larger scale with more vehicles, improved physics, etc. The guns seem to have more recoil this time around. The stealth takedowns are great. My only real beef is that I can't seem to get my sticks adjusted to the proper sensitivity to suit all my needs. This is either the games fault, or I'm just struggling with my PS3 controller which is terrible for FPS games. Whatever. Pick it up. It's enjoyable.
  48. Oct 25, 2011
    This has to be the first military shooter that actually had me craving for more I felt fully immersed in the combat due to the high level to detail in the story and multiplayer and the incredible graphics. This game is a powerhouse that should and will have the honor of recieving (Best FPS of the Year). I salute you DICE and EA for this masterpiece. =]
  49. Jan 16, 2012
    I always was a CoD guy, but now I've bought Battlefield 3 and I'm very glad about it. The game isn't just running and gunning, it's really about teamwork. I had heard about the destruction system, bet still I was surprised how precise it was. I was surprised when I saw how even tanks are quite balanced in the game. Each class has it's own advantages and disadvantages, but the best strategyI always was a CoD guy, but now I've bought Battlefield 3 and I'm very glad about it. The game isn't just running and gunning, it's really about teamwork. I had heard about the destruction system, bet still I was surprised how precise it was. I was surprised when I saw how even tanks are quite balanced in the game. Each class has it's own advantages and disadvantages, but the best strategy is to make a squad where everybody has its own role in. You heal, you take extra ammo, and you provide sniper support. I do understand why this game is much hated, probably because you can't just run to the battle and gun everybody down alone. But I like it, and if you want a little more teamwork in your game, get BF3! Expand
  50. Nov 18, 2011
    I absolutely love this game, If you sat at home and got tired of playing Call of duty for a while and wanted to pick a new game up this is definitely for you. All out warfare actual tactics apply, Honestly one of the most realistic military games i have played, down to the point where even comm goes bad with your squad!
  51. Nov 19, 2011
    Un Gioco epico,con un Multiplayer capace di sorprendere in ogni partita.Peccato solo per il Single,che è corto ma comunque abbastanza piacevole.Il miglior FPS che io abbia giocato in tutta la mia vita.
  52. Nov 21, 2011
    Short and sweet BF3 ups the ante on how FPS's convey realism! First I havent even played the single player as multiplayer has all my attention! Nothing beats being in a fire fight with rockets blazing overhead blowing up structures and bullets whizzing over your head or your squad taking an objective by using cover fire.no game is perfect but in terms of immersion BF3 gets a 10 from me! IfShort and sweet BF3 ups the ante on how FPS's convey realism! First I havent even played the single player as multiplayer has all my attention! Nothing beats being in a fire fight with rockets blazing overhead blowing up structures and bullets whizzing over your head or your squad taking an objective by using cover fire.no game is perfect but in terms of immersion BF3 gets a 10 from me! If you've been playing those other FPS's expect a learning curve but in the end it's all fun! Expand
  53. Nov 22, 2011
    Battlefield 3 is the pinnacle of videogames attempting to represent the adrenaline-pumping rush of fighting in a warzone. While Modern Warfare 3 is essentially Modern Warfare 2.5, Battlefield 3 takes the best parts of Cod and keeps them, while removing the **** the MW series is known for. Some of this **** is as follows, maps so small every corner has a camper, OP killstreaks, No classBattlefield 3 is the pinnacle of videogames attempting to represent the adrenaline-pumping rush of fighting in a warzone. While Modern Warfare 3 is essentially Modern Warfare 2.5, Battlefield 3 takes the best parts of Cod and keeps them, while removing the **** the MW series is known for. Some of this **** is as follows, maps so small every corner has a camper, OP killstreaks, No class system which leads to **** op class builds at high levels, and not to mention NO vehicles! Wow! how fun does that sound!! Now here's battlefield 3, Vehicles, massive levels, (a.k.a not nearly as much camping) no dumbass killstreaks, class builds which all unlock useful class-specific equipment, not to mention you can level up your goddamn vehicles!! The one reason MW3 can contend with BF3 is very simple. Split-screen, that is all. And spec ops? an amazing first player campaign? of the millions of gamers who buy these games id say a very small percentile actually CARES about the campaign, these games are built for the online and the online is where MW3 falters, and BF3 shines Expand
  54. Oct 25, 2011
    This game is fantastic. the multiplayer is so much fun. It has everything: vehicles, squad based tactics, destructible cover, realistic sniping, a plethora of unlocks. and so on. This is also the prettiest Multiplayer game I've played on PS3 or X-Box. This game takes on FPS titles like Crysis and Killzone, and shows them a good contest. If you are looking for a great MP game that willThis game is fantastic. the multiplayer is so much fun. It has everything: vehicles, squad based tactics, destructible cover, realistic sniping, a plethora of unlocks. and so on. This is also the prettiest Multiplayer game I've played on PS3 or X-Box. This game takes on FPS titles like Crysis and Killzone, and shows them a good contest. If you are looking for a great MP game that will really show off the power of your PS3 that isn't an exclusive, this is it. Battlefield 3 is a great experience. Plus, it has jets... :) Expand
  55. Nov 19, 2011
    Brilliant game, bought it day 1 and enjoying it since, so glad that the Bad Company aspect is gone from the franchise because it made the campaign in BFBC1 and BFBC2 seem too immature. Exciting campaign and an even better multiplayer with modes such as Conquest and Rush as well as Squad Deathmatch for those who want to have a CoD multiplayer experience.
  56. Oct 29, 2011
    Fantastic Game. The campaign is good, but not great. The co-op is good, but also not great. The multiplayer is the best part of this game. I've never played a game's multiplayer as good as this. THe is a must buy for competetive multiplayer fans.
  57. Oct 26, 2011
    This game is great. The story is great and I am not sure what people are complaining about. No not the best but much better than others in the genre. like RAGE was pretty crap. I'm not sure when everyone started expecting Christopher Nolan to write FPS games but I think it was much better than MW2. It at least made sense! Did have some glitches with the people who i was supposed to followThis game is great. The story is great and I am not sure what people are complaining about. No not the best but much better than others in the genre. like RAGE was pretty crap. I'm not sure when everyone started expecting Christopher Nolan to write FPS games but I think it was much better than MW2. It at least made sense! Did have some glitches with the people who i was supposed to follow would get stuck (paris) then i would run ahead and they would run through the wall to catch up. Controls are tight and animations are great. Graphics and sound are top notch as we know. Voice acting for the most part is great too. biggest complaint, QTEs. don't like em. never have. GOW is the only game that does them ok, but its because you kind of choose to go into them instead of them being hand fed to you. Multiplayer is huge and fun. A lot of running (conquest) if you don't get a vehicle or a good squad. minor glitches from the beta still present but not as bad. mostly killcam going through the ground. Overall a great buy and am still playing it and will be for the next couple weeks at least. Uncharted will make a dent. But if you like military shooters this is a great buy. +Gorgeous with entertaining plot. ++Multiplayer -Minor glitches still --Quick Time Events. My Score 9/10 Expand
  58. Oct 25, 2011
    The only other DICE shooter I have played was Bad Company 2, so my review is in comparison to my time spent playing BC2 online. Being tired of the other major online shooter out there, we all know which one, I decided to try BC2 a year ago and was very pleased with the polish that game had online, minus a few minor bugs. Jump forward a year and all the hype that Battlefield 3 broughtThe only other DICE shooter I have played was Bad Company 2, so my review is in comparison to my time spent playing BC2 online. Being tired of the other major online shooter out there, we all know which one, I decided to try BC2 a year ago and was very pleased with the polish that game had online, minus a few minor bugs. Jump forward a year and all the hype that Battlefield 3 brought with it, and I have to say after only playing for a little while I am very pleased, especially after being extremely dissatisfied with the beta, yes I know it was only a beta, but it was awful, just downright unplayable. However; the amount of polish DICE has accomplished from the beta to release with Battlefield 3 is astonishing. Yes the PS3 version isn't as fan-freakin'-tastic as the PC version, but then again if you have better things to spend your Benjamins on instead of a 5000 dollar computer like me, you won't be disappointed. If you want a different formula than the other major online shooter has to offer this year, Battlefield 3 is your choice, just buy it, go now, right now! It is fantastic and I can't stop playing it. Expand
  59. Nov 10, 2011
    Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten!
  60. Oct 25, 2011
    Unlike the negative reviewers, I have actually played the game, and it's fantastic. The campaign isn't as bad as some reviews make it out to be, just don't go expecting Uncharted, or even Gears of War. Some textures on PS3 aren't as good as the 360 version, but the PS3 makes up for it with marginally better lighting effects, better anisotropic filtering and more prominent motion blur,Unlike the negative reviewers, I have actually played the game, and it's fantastic. The campaign isn't as bad as some reviews make it out to be, just don't go expecting Uncharted, or even Gears of War. Some textures on PS3 aren't as good as the 360 version, but the PS3 makes up for it with marginally better lighting effects, better anisotropic filtering and more prominent motion blur, which actually hides the fact that it's running at 30 fps. Either way, the fps is not an issue, it runs great no matter what, though there was some slowdown and a bit bit of screen tearing. As for multiplayer, it makes up for any other problems the game may have. It's simply amazing. While the 24 player limit is a bit disappointing, if you stick to Rush mode on the larger maps, you will have a blast. The perfect firing mechanics and physics, combined with the tactical team-based and vehicular gameplay, Battlefield 3 sets itself apart from any other shooter on the market. Simply put, there is nothing else like this out there; even if you don't like the limits of the console versions, this is the only way you will be able to experience this level of multiplayer. Expand
  61. Oct 25, 2011
    IGNORE THE COD TROLLS. I highly doubt that they've even played the game. I can certainly understand why some people won't like this game. It's not as easy to pick up and play as call of duty is. It will take you some time before you figure everything out. But seeing as I've been playing the BF series for awhile the learning curve isn't too bad for me. The game is great. Although if you buyIGNORE THE COD TROLLS. I highly doubt that they've even played the game. I can certainly understand why some people won't like this game. It's not as easy to pick up and play as call of duty is. It will take you some time before you figure everything out. But seeing as I've been playing the BF series for awhile the learning curve isn't too bad for me. The game is great. Although if you buy it don't expect a great single player game. The focus is totally on multiplayer and boy is it worth it! There are a TON of maps to play on(With more coming out very soon) and a large variety of game modes. The single player campaign is decent and seems very similar to a Call of Duty campaign. If you are fairly patient and want a game that will keep you coming back for a long time then this game is for you. If not then maybe wait till the price drops to get it. Expand
  62. Oct 26, 2011
    After all shortcomings in sp campaign, poppy textures at some places the game is superb in mp and it blows your mind even on a console. considering the scale of maps, destructible environment and all other stuff i'm still amazed how well ps3/x360 can run this game. top notch from dice they never fail to deliver ultimate multiplayer experience
  63. Nov 7, 2011
    great game, only thing i can fault is i wish it was 32 vs 32 on console!

patched now so not many disconnection issues etc.

would recommend to anyone. will not be buying mw3
  64. Nov 2, 2011
    The best shooter I've played since 1942, and by far the best shooter of the year. The gun handling is perfect you have bullet spreed, veritical muzzle and recoil to make this the most easly realisitic shooter in some time. Top that with the perfect controls for vehicles and you got yourself one of the best shooters you will ever play. I know im one of the few here but i've also experiencedThe best shooter I've played since 1942, and by far the best shooter of the year. The gun handling is perfect you have bullet spreed, veritical muzzle and recoil to make this the most easly realisitic shooter in some time. Top that with the perfect controls for vehicles and you got yourself one of the best shooters you will ever play. I know im one of the few here but i've also experienced no lag since the game has been out and haven't had a problem finding a match. Expand
  65. Nov 14, 2011
    Get Battlefield for the multiplayer. If you get it solely for single player you'll regret your decision. With that being said, BF3's multiplayer is in a class of its own, and while the PS3 version cannot hold a candle to its PC brethren graphically, it is still a quite solid game visually. Audio is superb. Having a grenade explode right next to you with surround sound turned on and theGet Battlefield for the multiplayer. If you get it solely for single player you'll regret your decision. With that being said, BF3's multiplayer is in a class of its own, and while the PS3 version cannot hold a candle to its PC brethren graphically, it is still a quite solid game visually. Audio is superb. Having a grenade explode right next to you with surround sound turned on and the bass pumped up is nothing short of audiophilic bliss. With four game modes(Rush, conquest, squad rush, squad deathmatch) and huge maps/vehicles, the multiplayer portion of this game is such a breath of fresh air when compared to COD's archaic deathmatch types. Jets flying overhead, tank shells exploding and tearing holes in buildings as you run by them to get to the next capture point is quite simply gaming nirvana in my opinion, and well worth the price of admission alone. Partying up is easier than was in the beta, though playing co-op should be done with friends only to avoid being kicked from the game when the other person decides they have something more important to do. As far as the single player campagin goes, well, it's not great by any stretch of the imagination, but there are a few points during the campaign that really show off the Frostbite 2 engine, but other than that everything's pretty by the books. With the release of Back to Karkand slated for release in a month or so I'm quite happy with my purchase, and expect many more hours of muliplayer fun in the months to come. Bottom line: get it if you want a unique muliplayer experience, pass on it if you're a single player only gamer. See you on the battlefield Expand
  66. Nov 14, 2011
    can battlefield 3 live ip to the hype? story the story here seems to be copied and pasted from the modern warfare story in fact the single player is boring and not fun. graphics are just incredible this is one of the best looking games ever. gameplay it is smooth the only problem is it runs on 30 frames per second on console while cod has been running on 60 since cod 4 but there is allotcan battlefield 3 live ip to the hype? story the story here seems to be copied and pasted from the modern warfare story in fact the single player is boring and not fun. graphics are just incredible this is one of the best looking games ever. gameplay it is smooth the only problem is it runs on 30 frames per second on console while cod has been running on 60 since cod 4 but there is allot more destrucion here. multiplayer sucks joke it is incredible the best multiplayer game ever made there i said it. enjoyment i enjoyed this game allot except in single player coop was a little fun multiplayer is amazing. lasting appeal its gunna stay in your consoles until skyrim comes out Expand
  67. Nov 14, 2011
    it's a excellent game it's so real but it hasn't no online multiplayer. battlefield 3 it's the best shooter game i can't stop play this.
  68. Nov 14, 2011
    Really impressed with this game, first ive played in the battlefield series. The single player story is good graphics do look amazing, although storyline is slightly lacking. Anyone care to explain how i ended up in a jet lol. Multiplayer is brilliant, online works fantastic, vary rarely get kicked from any games. Takes a while to get used to BF3 MP, after about 4 hours of play i wasReally impressed with this game, first ive played in the battlefield series. The single player story is good graphics do look amazing, although storyline is slightly lacking. Anyone care to explain how i ended up in a jet lol. Multiplayer is brilliant, online works fantastic, vary rarely get kicked from any games. Takes a while to get used to BF3 MP, after about 4 hours of play i was mincing people left right and centre. DO NOT JUDGE THIS GAME VIA THE BETA (Rush Metro). It is the worst of the maps i feel and particularly frustrating for people new the game. Expand
  69. Nov 14, 2011
    Simply excellent. Well polished and well developed! The campaign is teasingly short (but then again, these games are built for the multiplayer now, and the campaign is developed as a trainer) but the graphics, sound and charater movement are flawless and set a great standard in the FPS realm. Cheers to EA for delivering to the fans!
  70. Feb 15, 2012
    Battlefield 3 is the ultimate tactical first person shooter, but it isn't free from numerous issues. There is no way to exit a game in between matches, there is no way to mute people, and the VOIP is really spotty (supposed to be fixed the latest patch). The single player campaign is also uninspired and feels like it was influenced by Black Ops's story. I give this game a 9 for 1 reason.Battlefield 3 is the ultimate tactical first person shooter, but it isn't free from numerous issues. There is no way to exit a game in between matches, there is no way to mute people, and the VOIP is really spotty (supposed to be fixed the latest patch). The single player campaign is also uninspired and feels like it was influenced by Black Ops's story. I give this game a 9 for 1 reason. Its amazing multiplayer. The maps are numerous and absolutely huge. Most of the maps have a layout that works well for all play styles with a couple of exceptions. Operation Metro on conquest isn't balanced. The team that spawns outside of the metro almost always wins. The team that spawns in the metro gets stuck at multiple choke points where the only option is to bumrush up stairs and escalators and hope that they can get a foothold. Anyway, there are a TON of weapons and a TON of attachments. The kit customization is ridiculously awesome. The vehicles in the control well, and the helicopter and the jets take some training to fly but the payoff is worth it. I'll conclude this review with my most important point. I'm a huge PS3 fanboy and I love consoles. But if you have a computer that can handle this game, GET IT FOR PC! The game runs pretty slow and the graphics don't look that great on PS3; the graphics look even worse if you play on 360 and don't do the install. BUY THE PC VERSION IF YOUR COMPUTER CAN HANDLE IT! Expand
  71. Apr 20, 2012
    Look out Call of Duty, there is a new game looking to take the first person shooter throne. The Battlefield series is back with a new frostbite 2.0 system that will make building collapses and surroundings more realistic than ever. This game is as close to a war simulator as we've seen. One of Battlefields most impressive features is the sound effects within the games of the guns as wellLook out Call of Duty, there is a new game looking to take the first person shooter throne. The Battlefield series is back with a new frostbite 2.0 system that will make building collapses and surroundings more realistic than ever. This game is as close to a war simulator as we've seen. One of Battlefields most impressive features is the sound effects within the games of the guns as well as incoming bullets and vehicles. The graphics are far superior to any shooter out there today and while the COD fans can **** and say its better, there mistaken. The online experience is by far Battlefields best feature with the intense game modes such as rush and conquest making returns. It is a real mans game while COD seems to be for the little kids. Battlefield had some trash talking going on with the Infinity Ward studio and Activision before the release of the two games and while Battlefield backed it up, Call of Duty stumbled. While there are some complaints in the game, such as the weak 4 hour campaign, and trouble connecting with friends sometimes on the EA dedicated servers. The games pros far exceed the cons and it is what i believe to be the BEST first person shooter out on the market. The Call of Duty fans can cry all they want but there overrated overplayed "everyones doing it" game got beat bad by Battlefield 3. Expand
  72. Nov 6, 2011
    A single player, unfortunately the short term, however, knows retaining sequences with spectacular plays and good films that immerses players in a great atmosphere of war. Multiplayer, real heart of the saga will give you the feeling of being on a real battlefield with vehicles and maps from excellent destructibility.
  73. Nov 10, 2011
    I have been waiting for that for a long time and I am not disappointed. Engine works great, destruction is awesome and game looks amazing both in single and multiplayer.
  74. Nov 24, 2011
  75. Nov 19, 2011
    The campaign was too short and wasn't anywhere nearly as much fun as Battlefield: Bad Company 2's was, but was still alright. The edition of Co-op though, more than makes up for this. But the online multiplayer is why 90% of the people who buy this game, choose to do so, and for good reason. The multiplayer is the best I've seen in years, complemented by large maps and a huge variety ofThe campaign was too short and wasn't anywhere nearly as much fun as Battlefield: Bad Company 2's was, but was still alright. The edition of Co-op though, more than makes up for this. But the online multiplayer is why 90% of the people who buy this game, choose to do so, and for good reason. The multiplayer is the best I've seen in years, complemented by large maps and a huge variety of modes and weapons. The ranking up and unlocks in online mode will keep you coming back for more. The graphics, presentation and sounds also shine through the great game play. If you are a fan on FPS games, or have enjoyed a previous Battlefield game, you are sure to enjoy this one. So, if it's a great online game you are looking for, look no further, but if it's a good offline single player you are looking for, maybe just rent this one. Expand
  76. Nov 10, 2011
    If you've loved the battlefield series so far, you'll adore this. absolutely sublime. The campaign is actually significantly better than given credit for, with enough high-octane moments to push me to a second playthrough. The multiplayer is, as always, where it's at, with many years worth of military-sandbox fun for fans of the series. A true love-letter to fans of the series andIf you've loved the battlefield series so far, you'll adore this. absolutely sublime. The campaign is actually significantly better than given credit for, with enough high-octane moments to push me to a second playthrough. The multiplayer is, as always, where it's at, with many years worth of military-sandbox fun for fans of the series. A true love-letter to fans of the series and military fiction alike. Expand
  77. Nov 1, 2011
    This game is really fun and addicting. It looks fantastic and the Frostbite engine is totally awesome. This game is obviously about the online multiplayer content. So if you are playing this for the single player campaign you may be disappointed (who plays FPS's for single player anyway?) I mean what other game can you fly a jet, parachute out and land on a sniping spot above a vastlyThis game is really fun and addicting. It looks fantastic and the Frostbite engine is totally awesome. This game is obviously about the online multiplayer content. So if you are playing this for the single player campaign you may be disappointed (who plays FPS's for single player anyway?) I mean what other game can you fly a jet, parachute out and land on a sniping spot above a vastly detailed map full of 32 people? COD cant touch this title. Expand
  78. Nov 1, 2011
    From the perspective of someone who respects the difference in playing on a console and playing on pc, I think DICE still did a fantastic job with the console version. Yes, its not 64 players, but you know what? Its one hell of a fun game in multiplayer. Heres some positives: I'm actually very surprised they included the option to browse servers which is very convenient. The sound? DICE isFrom the perspective of someone who respects the difference in playing on a console and playing on pc, I think DICE still did a fantastic job with the console version. Yes, its not 64 players, but you know what? Its one hell of a fun game in multiplayer. Heres some positives: I'm actually very surprised they included the option to browse servers which is very convenient. The sound? DICE is spectacular in their design and how much it immerses you in the entire experience. Graphics? Very detailed and well done. I love how the vehicles catch fire and explode, the walls crumble after being hit with and RPG, sunlight blooms and rain glistens when caught at different angles. I could go on and on but attention to detail is what is so awesome in the visual presentation. I enjoy the fact that you can be such a force in this game when you help your team. It makes the experience so satisfying when you revive someone, or fix your buddies tank after it gets hit, or be a gunner for a humvee driver. Teamwork is essential to success. Now some negatives: The Campaign is not bad by any means, but I just wish there would have been more freedom in the way you were able to tackle each level. The level of scale is great, but is hampered by the fact that the player is so restricted in where they can go and how to approach each mission. Co-op is fun, but can only be played online and I was surprised that only a few levels were available to play, but it is enjoyable. In Multiplayer I have minor compaints, such as inconsistant communication with my teammates. My voice as well as theirs would break up badly to the point where it was pointless to even try to talk to one another. I wish you could exit a match at anytime as well instead of having to wait for a match to start. All in all this is a fantastic game, and of course the Multiplayer is the star. If you enjoy intense, tactical gunplay and fantastic presentation. Buy this game. Expand
  79. Nov 7, 2011
    Graphics: 10/10
    Sound: 10/10
    Addictiveness(?): 10/10
    Story Depth: 9/10
    Overall: 9.5/10
    Although the single player campaign lacks the depth of Bad Company's story, EA and DICE have again outdone Treyarch's Call of Duty franchise in graphics and realism. Things started out a little rough with the multiplayer servers, but I'd much rather play Battlefield than CoD any day.
  80. Nov 9, 2011
    A MUST HAVE FOR ON-LINE SHOOTERS, as compared to COD MW3 this game is a masterpiece. I highly recommend this game and would not be surprised to see it win many shooter of the year awards.
  81. Nov 10, 2011
    A shooting game that depends on teamwork? The only gripe i have is the classes were dumbed down from battlefield 2 (not bad company 2). This game is great and has everything in it I want from a shooter (minus a decent sniper rifle)
  82. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is amazing! The realism and action sucks me in to the Battlefield. I recommend for gamers who love team strategy,vehicle warfare and just fun. Don't like it? Buy that crappy old COD game!
  83. Nov 15, 2011
    The single player campaign wasn't spectacular at any level, and the story was plain and not well told, yet I still found myself enjoying the gameplay for the most part. Co-op mode could be really addictive given the well designed missions and unlocked new weapons. The only thing that will make it even better is increasing the number of the missions. Multiplayer is unsurprisingly the bestThe single player campaign wasn't spectacular at any level, and the story was plain and not well told, yet I still found myself enjoying the gameplay for the most part. Co-op mode could be really addictive given the well designed missions and unlocked new weapons. The only thing that will make it even better is increasing the number of the missions. Multiplayer is unsurprisingly the best part of this game with tons of weapons and features for you to unlock, and each of the 9 maps released so far is distinctive and fun to play with, let alone all those cool vehicles which did nothing but making the multiplayer gameplay more amazing and unpredictable. However, it does frustrate me from time to time when the map is too huge that I spend a lot more time running than shooting. Overall, it's the best FPS game of the year and I can easily see myself playing it until the release of BF4 or BFBC3. Expand
  84. Nov 18, 2011
    This is the kind of game that has the potential to expand the entire video game industry. The level of immersion is a glimpse into the future of warfare gaming and is, in my opinion, the best competitive FPS experience currently available. The multiplayer is by far the most fun I've ever had with an FPS. The level of detail is astounding - the scale, graphical marvels and stellarThis is the kind of game that has the potential to expand the entire video game industry. The level of immersion is a glimpse into the future of warfare gaming and is, in my opinion, the best competitive FPS experience currently available. The multiplayer is by far the most fun I've ever had with an FPS. The level of detail is astounding - the scale, graphical marvels and stellar gameplay. Whether I am playing alone or with friends, this game has killed time like no other. I've owned the game since its release and have barely noticed the days of playtime that I've already put into it. If you aren't use to FPS controls, they take some getting used to, but the control-design of everything from your soldier, to both air and land vehicles, and even to the way projectiles are affected by gravity are all superb - fluent and intuitive. Minor bugs have popped up here and there, though this is almost always the case with newly released online games and luckily none remotely game breaking (some being nothing but amusing); they are being dealt with and fixed anyway. Recommended for experienced and new gamers alike, please give this one a chance. If you are in the least curious about online gaming, I beseech you to give this game a real chance and just see if you don't enjoy it. Expand
  85. Nov 20, 2011
    The best shooter i have ever played. The multiplayer is just amazing! The singleplayer may be a little bit short, but it's full of action and your really sucked into it.
  86. Nov 20, 2011
    I was really worried when I played the BETA but after playing the online for a long period of time I felt stupid that I was worried. This game does so much right, when you unlock stuff it appears in the middle of the screen you really feel like your constantly being rewarded. You get 100 points for completing a multiplayer game, 200 for winning, 50 for suppresion, 50 for giving ammo, 100I was really worried when I played the BETA but after playing the online for a long period of time I felt stupid that I was worried. This game does so much right, when you unlock stuff it appears in the middle of the screen you really feel like your constantly being rewarded. You get 100 points for completing a multiplayer game, 200 for winning, 50 for suppresion, 50 for giving ammo, 100 for killing someone etc.... it feels great seeing all the numbers appear at the bottom of the screen before being added up. Great game. Expand
  87. Nov 20, 2011
    The last shooter I played was black ops, I accidentally fell upon battlefield 3 beta and I was in awe. I decided to buy bf3 and I have never played or seen a shooter so imense and fun. Some people may not like as it's realistic with shooting and you can't just run in solo and take on 100 people. Well not all the time. But I love it, best shooter ever.
  88. Nov 20, 2011
    Single Player sucks.. i would buy this game if it was just a multiplayer game.. rlly i dont see why they had to made a single player campaign when they can do it properly.
  89. Sep 17, 2012
    After one year of playing I must say this game is the best FPS to date, it is not the perfect one but the best, team plays feels natural and is totally needed to win, maps are designed perfectly, and classes are well balanced, very realistic and it has vehicles. It takes time to learn how to play, specially if you come from CoD Games. Single player and co-op are excellent and areAfter one year of playing I must say this game is the best FPS to date, it is not the perfect one but the best, team plays feels natural and is totally needed to win, maps are designed perfectly, and classes are well balanced, very realistic and it has vehicles. It takes time to learn how to play, specially if you come from CoD Games. Single player and co-op are excellent and are introduction and tutorials to each class in the game.///////////////////////////

The environments change, making you feel the adrenaline of winning or losing, and a sense of progression, strategy and classes must change each map stage, though you can stay the same class, adopting is the key, sometimes you will pass from wide open areas ideal for snipers to tunnels ideals for suppression./////////////////////////

This game brings tactics, skill and strategy to the field, if you miss one of them, you will suffer and this game is not for you, you will not understand the multiplayer dynamics and ultimately, bore you. ////////////////////////

The downsize, and the fact I did not give it a perfect score is that, DICE is constantly patching the game with dozens of changes in weapons, vehicles and so, after spending a lot of time learning and feeling comfortable with a weapon and excelling the vehicles, the next month, all changes and you have to find another weapon to feel the most comfortable with. Though, some people seem happy the game keeps the balance.////////////////////////////
  90. Oct 26, 2011
    Battlefield 3 gives an unique experience to console gamers. The graphics are nice, but it's not such a big leap if you compare it to Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Sometimes I miss the big destructions in the single player and the use of vehicles. The story is fairly good (maybe the best one in the Battlefield-franchise). Multiplayer is nice, but it has some glitches/bugs here and there.Battlefield 3 gives an unique experience to console gamers. The graphics are nice, but it's not such a big leap if you compare it to Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Sometimes I miss the big destructions in the single player and the use of vehicles. The story is fairly good (maybe the best one in the Battlefield-franchise). Multiplayer is nice, but it has some glitches/bugs here and there. Nonetheless, a 9+ for this game. Expand
  91. Oct 28, 2011
    the best FPS game ever made, and even better on a playstation console, one of the best game ever made...the graphics are so realistic, so natural...it is just perfect. Good job DICE.
  92. Nov 15, 2011
    Best game ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!f!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  93. Nov 14, 2011
    I'm only going to say two words.

SIMPLY AWESOME!

If you're looking for the true war, stop searching because this is it. I've never seen a multiplayer game with 64 players, everybody working in squads of four to win the battle, it's really exciting!
  94. Oct 28, 2011
    As a CoD player and Battlefield n00b, I can say that this game is going to take up a LOT of my time. I was skeptical, given the beta, framerate, campaign and learning curve, but the multiplayer is really fun. There's nothing quite like taking out a sniper by crumbling the building he's perched on with an RPG or a tank. The vehicles and destruction add so much depth to the wartime genre -As a CoD player and Battlefield n00b, I can say that this game is going to take up a LOT of my time. I was skeptical, given the beta, framerate, campaign and learning curve, but the multiplayer is really fun. There's nothing quite like taking out a sniper by crumbling the building he's perched on with an RPG or a tank. The vehicles and destruction add so much depth to the wartime genre - it's quite entertaining. I now see what all the hype is about and see little need to go back to Call of Duty - I just have to convince my friends to do the same. Now I just have to learn how to fly the jet..... PS - I see no need to play the campaign at this point. I tried it out, but it didn't seem to be anything special, or different. Stick with the MP. Expand
  95. Oct 29, 2011
    great game single player amazing, multiplayer also amazing. so much better than the beta this is a great game and i think dice have really outdone themselves
  96. Oct 25, 2011
    Just when I thought Crysis 2 gave the best graphics yet, comes BF3. Sometimes when playing it's so real my heart almosts jumps out of my chest, in the surprises that come when you least expect it. Haven't tried MP yet but the single player campaign is awesome - cinematic and totally cool.If you're gonna get this, buy this, don't pirate it. Support DICE in their efforts to push gamingJust when I thought Crysis 2 gave the best graphics yet, comes BF3. Sometimes when playing it's so real my heart almosts jumps out of my chest, in the surprises that come when you least expect it. Haven't tried MP yet but the single player campaign is awesome - cinematic and totally cool.If you're gonna get this, buy this, don't pirate it. Support DICE in their efforts to push gaming forward. It was money well spent. Expand
  97. Oct 25, 2011
    This game is a true Battlefield game. If you don't know what that means, then learn to adapt to it or don't play it. For goodness sake, don't get this game expecting it to be like Call of Duty -_-. Graphics and sound are impressive for the PS3, and gameplay with the vehicles and infantry are very balanced. Squads work well, they work in a similar fashion that Bad Company 2 did, withThis game is a true Battlefield game. If you don't know what that means, then learn to adapt to it or don't play it. For goodness sake, don't get this game expecting it to be like Call of Duty -_-. Graphics and sound are impressive for the PS3, and gameplay with the vehicles and infantry are very balanced. Squads work well, they work in a similar fashion that Bad Company 2 did, with some Battlefield 2 mixed in. There is almost infinite replay value in this game as well with all the unlocks and service stars. If you are a fan of Battlefield, you MUST get this. If you are on the wall, you should TRY it. If you are a raging CoD fanboy and/or Battlefield hater that posted a 0-1 review without playing it... don't buy it. Expand
  98. Oct 28, 2011
    Battlefield 3 is a truely mindblowing experience. I am going to ignore the single player game as it is not why you should buy Battlefield 3. Buy it because you want to get imersed in fantastic battles using a huge variety of weapons. Buy it because you want shoot, fly and drive like you never have before. Buy it because you want a game with more depth than COD. Working as a team is asBattlefield 3 is a truely mindblowing experience. I am going to ignore the single player game as it is not why you should buy Battlefield 3. Buy it because you want to get imersed in fantastic battles using a huge variety of weapons. Buy it because you want shoot, fly and drive like you never have before. Buy it because you want a game with more depth than COD. Working as a team is as important as being able to shoot straight! You have to think about your every move, do you need an engineer in your squad is it time to be a sniper? It is up to you, but ultimately these choices as a team will win or lose the battle.
    The graphics on the PS3 are much more impressive than I was expecting, the Frostbite 2 engine easily lives up to the pre-launch hype. Thank You EA for raising the bar for future FPS games. Battlefield 3 will be talked about for a long time. Anyone reviewing this below 7 out of 10 should have their review ignored as they have either not played the game or given it the time it deserves to shine like it will in all FPS lovers hearts,
  99. Nov 2, 2011
    People rating this below 9, are under-rating this game in a huge way. I am a big fan of the series and i was looking forwards to it for a long time. I purchased the limited edition, and i would have purchased it EVEN if it cost me £70 (Around $100). The first hour of the game, i was all excited, even though i was terrible at it. Once you get into it, its just hard to stopPeople rating this below 9, are under-rating this game in a huge way. I am a big fan of the series and i was looking forwards to it for a long time. I purchased the limited edition, and i would have purchased it EVEN if it cost me £70 (Around $100). The first hour of the game, i was all excited, even though i was terrible at it. Once you get into it, its just hard to stop playing. I have not found ANYTHING at all, that i did not like.
    I recommend it to people who love Battlefield series, or even Call of Duty series.
    It might not sell as well as MW3, but i am sure it will be much much better than the repetitive gameplay rival.

1. Feb 10, 2012
    Hopefully EA reconsiders its approach to toppling Call Of Duty in the future, and allows its games to develop their own personality, rather than imitate something else.
  2. Despite its incredible competitive online play, we can't ignore the shortcomings of its campaign and Co-Op. [Jan 2012, p.66]
  3. The nine multiplayer maps seem to be designed specifically to let players come up with their own creative strategies. Compared to COD, this gives the player a real sense of freedom. There is no such thing as a perfect strategy or a trotten path. [December 2011, p.74]