Battlefield 3 PlayStation 3

7.5

1. Nov 11, 2011
    I've long waited for an FPS that would shift me away from Call of Duty and DICE has brought me that shooter in BF3. This game is amazing. The maps are enormous, vehicles are incredible and the visuals and audio are tremendous. I didn't like the multiplayer when id first played it but I stuck with it and now I can't stop playing it. Running to an objective whilst a tank has just toppled aI've long waited for an FPS that would shift me away from Call of Duty and DICE has brought me that shooter in BF3. This game is amazing. The maps are enormous, vehicles are incredible and the visuals and audio are tremendous. I didn't like the multiplayer when id first played it but I stuck with it and now I can't stop playing it. Running to an objective whilst a tank has just toppled a building, jets are having dogfights in the air and bullets are whistling past your ear from God knows where is just an exhilarating experience. For those switching from CoD, give it a chance if you're not liking it at first. Don't try to play it like you're playing a CoD game because you'll just die over and over. Stick with the game a while and you won't regret it. The single player is solid but I've only played it when my internet has been down, there's simply no incentive to complete it when the multiplayer is so good. BF3 has really pushed the limit on what the current generation of consoles can do, a true masterpiece. Expand
  2. Nov 11, 2011
    This game sucks hard. Squads doesn't work, microphones cuts in and out and the servers is laggy as hell. Just buy MW3 if you're thinking about buying new FPS game.
  3. Nov 11, 2011
    About as much fun as treading dog sh*t all over your new carpet.

Dull, Dull, Dull!

Everyone raves about the graphics, yet calls MW3? I don't get it, this looks inferior to all 3 iterations of MW3 that Gregory has played! But to be fair, they're both negative and glorify death!

Avoid this dreary negative tat. Buy a nice family game with Christian values!!
  4. Nov 12, 2011
    As the third and highly anticipated installation to the "Battlefield" series, EA and DICE seized the opportunity with much respect and consideration for not only their fans, but also their peers in the entertainment software industry. "Battlefield 3" makes strong and calculated improvements, reinventing itself with an enviously powerful and advanced game engine, dedicated servers forAs the third and highly anticipated installation to the "Battlefield" series, EA and DICE seized the opportunity with much respect and consideration for not only their fans, but also their peers in the entertainment software industry. "Battlefield 3" makes strong and calculated improvements, reinventing itself with an enviously powerful and advanced game engine, dedicated servers for secure online play and greater progression branches for a deep and invested online multiplayer experience. The single-player story is one with many sympathetic and memorable characters in extraordinary circumstances. More importantly, it's a story that pays respect to America's Armed Forces and to the selfless sacrifices made by the soldier. Overall, "Battlefield 3" can only be summarized with "Value" and "Quality". Expand
  5. Nov 11, 2011
    There isn't much to say about this game, it looks better on PS3 than Xbox but the campaign is slow, multiplayer is terrible (not sure why you all think its fun) and the additional side games are of no interest. Glad I rented this. On another note, bought MW3 obviously and have missed 3 straight days of classes because of it. Game of the year for sure.
  6. Nov 11, 2011
    Graphics and sound are top notch, destruction isn't as good as I was expecting. Lots of great weapons and unlocks, this game will keep you busy for awhile online. My biggest complaints are the input lag and mic and squad problems, there is no excuse for this being in the final version of the game since the same things happened with bc2 upon release. Even with those issues this is best fpsGraphics and sound are top notch, destruction isn't as good as I was expecting. Lots of great weapons and unlocks, this game will keep you busy for awhile online. My biggest complaints are the input lag and mic and squad problems, there is no excuse for this being in the final version of the game since the same things happened with bc2 upon release. Even with those issues this is best fps on the market right now, if they manage to fix those problems this game is a 10.. Expand
  7. Nov 19, 2011
    what are your people on, this piece of **** is suppose draw every two frames? but it still keeps dropping frames.

killzone 3 draws every 2 frames the game looks great, plays great.

battlefield 3 looks ass, its sluggish. i had low expectations, the were fulfilled by DICE.
  8. Nov 12, 2011
    A near perfect shooter. I like to put it this way: The Call of Duty games are great, awesome, fantastic fun, and Battlefield 3 is FAR SUPERIOR!! A few minor glitches and limitations prevent this game from being perfect. Newer players beware there is a serious learning curve here and it takes awhile to unlock most of the best items/equipment/attachments. 9.5/10
  9. Nov 12, 2011
    game is really good.the only complaint at this time(if there going to add a patch or not) is the broken party issues,spotty mics,slight glitch,and sometimes the sound fx in the multiplayer is choppy.other than that its a goods fps,better than mw3.u dont need perks or a one man army to get a kill,takes skill on the trigger.story is ok.
  10. Nov 12, 2011
    Best game I played so far this year, but campaign is disappointing. Get this game if you like tactical FPSs and destructible environments. But if you like mindless run and gun. Get COD
  11. Nov 13, 2011
    Modern warfare 2 is good, but not even killfests compare to the simulation and entertainment I get from battlefield 3.

Walls and building being destroyed. Rubble and debris everywhere! Tanks and squads assaulting strategic areas a la flag placements.  Being holed up in a building while the enemy is beseiging it with tanks, helicoptors, snipers while your squad works together

Being holed up in a building while the enemy is beseiging it with tanks, helicoptors, snipers while your squad works together to heal, supply each other and take out the enemy!

Oh man...modern warfare 2 does not offer this. It only gives you kill rushes. Thats it. And im sure mw3 does the same. I...cannot accept this over the massive stimulation I get from battlefield 3. I get less kills, but The overall experience is better.

People who complain about battlefield 3 cuz of the single player campaign, snipers, people hidden in rubble that look like dead bodies are a bunch of **** who bring down a good game. So, what do you want...fking to have men rush you like monsters do in power rangers so you can get your easy kills?

I don't give a **** about bf3 single player. Bf3 isnt about singleplayer. Its all about the multiplayer, and all you **** who think ps3 graphics sucks for bf3 are a bunch of ****. Graphics dont always make the game---hence why bf2 from 2005 is still the king over all these games. Bf2 is the true call of duty killer, and I fking hate it every time I see a little bc2 **** with a bc2 dog tag playing bf3. I wish bad company would die a horrible death along with goldeneye-of-warfare 3.
  12. Nov 13, 2011
    Graphics: 9.5

Sound: 10

Gameplay: 9.5

Presentation: 9

Lasting appeal: 10

OVERALL: 10

Battlefield 3 offers an unforgettable, world-class multiplayer. Great visual and the single-player campaign is great.
  13. Nov 13, 2011
    This was my first Battlefield purchase in the history of their lineup. I must say overall I am very pleased with the multiplayer aspect of this game. The only things I wished were different is that there needs to be a few more players per team. Especially for objective based games. Also up the score limit so games don't go so quick on deathmatch. They ironed out the first few days lagThis was my first Battlefield purchase in the history of their lineup. I must say overall I am very pleased with the multiplayer aspect of this game. The only things I wished were different is that there needs to be a few more players per team. Especially for objective based games. Also up the score limit so games don't go so quick on deathmatch. They ironed out the first few days lag issues, and the matchmaking with friends problems.

Beautiful game that is a ton of fun.
  14. Nov 13, 2011
    It has some problems, and some that will never be fixed... but it's a great game non the less.
    The bullet damage is way too high, and the unlock system is a pain, but it's worth getting and playing.
  15. Nov 13, 2011
    I can't understand why this has such a low score.. Shooter of the year by far, 100% better than Call of Duty in every way. Story isn't great, but Call of Duty's isn't either.
  16. Nov 13, 2011
    great game dice and EA Went all out all out for the fans.. great servers, good people online, no people calling you out your name. Just a great example of what you can accomplish with a great idea and put it to good use.. thanks EA, Thanks Dice for showing activision how to do it
  17. Nov 13, 2011
    it's a great game with excellent multiplayer. the solo is very good and the COOP mode as well but unfortunately too short I recommend this game 100% (sorry I don't speak english verry well )
  18. Nov 27, 2011
    hello its zombie here and this is my review for battlefiled3 Lets start with the campaign shall we, the campaign last generally about 6 to 8 hours depending on how you tackle each level. the campaign has its high and low points. the story isnt that strong but its good enough to pull the player through there is one sad parthello its zombie here and this is my review for battlefiled3 Lets start with the campaign shall we, the campaign last generally about 6 to 8 hours depending on how you tackle each level. the campaign has its high and low points. the story isnt that strong but its good enough to pull the player through there is one sad part apprently but im not going to go into details ill lets you the players figure that out.

but enough about the campaign the multiplayer is what battlefield does best its fun its tactical and its teambased. this is a game where you have nice graphics in both the campaign and multiplayer. the frostbite 2 engine does what is does best which makes the game sparkle. this is a game that is worth picking up if your a battlefield fan.

pros: good multiplayer, nice graphics,and pretty darn fun

cons:uninspired campaign that is decent.
  19. Nov 13, 2011
    Un juego notablemente muy bien desarrollado con un servidor preocupado para una buena conección online y unos gráficos de miedo, simplemente este juego me sorprendido y ha mi opinión le de mil patas al modern warfare 3.
    Las canchas son gigantescas y mas aun en la guerra aérea ya sea el helicópteros o jets. Su variedad de vehículos, armas, y terrenos de juego te da la posibilidad para un juego táctico y estratégico y estar un buen rato jugando.
    este juego es para recomendarlo.
  20. Nov 13, 2011
    This game is really good. Most of all thanks to the graphics which makes it a little bit pathetic. At least other shooters have a nice feel to them, and in MY opinion this doesn't cut it. And this Campain... Seriously... I could make a better story in cindergarden. And I'm not a good writer, never been, never will be. The Spec Ops is very limited and quite boring. And this game's save!This game is really good. Most of all thanks to the graphics which makes it a little bit pathetic. At least other shooters have a nice feel to them, and in MY opinion this doesn't cut it. And this Campain... Seriously... I could make a better story in cindergarden. And I'm not a good writer, never been, never will be. The Spec Ops is very limited and quite boring. And this game's save! MULTIPLAYER! This is sooo fun. Flying those planes and choppers, makes the whole shooter genre a little brighter. Well my final score is 8 just because the multiplayer is 9.5-10 and the rest is at 5, 5,5 or If I'm nice a 6 Expand
  21. Nov 14, 2011
    I am not a big first person shooter fan at all. My favorite franchise and shooting game of all time is the socom series which is a third person tactical military shooter. To me the first person shooters were all about arcade style play where I prefer more realism. However based on the trailers of Battlefield 3 I felt this was a must try game so I rented it and Oh My God I was blown away. II am not a big first person shooter fan at all. My favorite franchise and shooting game of all time is the socom series which is a third person tactical military shooter. To me the first person shooters were all about arcade style play where I prefer more realism. However based on the trailers of Battlefield 3 I felt this was a must try game so I rented it and Oh My God I was blown away. I started wit the single player because I wanted to get a feel for the game before embarking into the multiplayer. The single player is absolutely amazing my only gripe about it is that it is a bit short. But the story is great, the graphics are mind blowing, the guns are realistic the sounds make you think you are actually on the battlefield. It is a truly a gaming experience that can't be missed.

Once I beat the single player I jumped in to the multiplayer and I am still discovering that part of the game. So far I have stuck to team deathmatch and its a beauty. The maps are beautiful and fun to play I cant get over the sheer realism this game has. To me Call of Duty looks like a cartoon even on a 1080p tv. But Battlefield looks photo-realistic and true HD. Its amazing they can make a game look like this on a 6 year old console (ps3). The online also has a game mode called conquest where you can get in tanks, vehicles, jets and etc. as well as be a ground troop. I havent played that much as I said I am sticking to team deathmatch right now.

There is also a co-op mode that you can play with a friend online. Overall this game rocks. Its worth 60 dollars and you wont be disappointed
  22. Nov 14, 2011
    With the return of a numbered sequel, DICE has brought what i have to say, is the best console fps experience since Call of Duty 4. While the PC version of Battlefield 3 is superior in all aspects to the console versions, that's not to say they are not bad, in fact they are great in their own right. The single player is the average fare you get with modern military shooters, whileWith the return of a numbered sequel, DICE has brought what i have to say, is the best console fps experience since Call of Duty 4. While the PC version of Battlefield 3 is superior in all aspects to the console versions, that's not to say they are not bad, in fact they are great in their own right. The single player is the average fare you get with modern military shooters, while enjoyable it's not something you would want to play twice unless you're going for trophies. I also have a slight problem with how the U.S. Marines are portrayed in the single player. The co-op is very enjoyable with a friend, but with only six missions, it leaves much to be desired. The multiplayer is the bread and butter of all fps games and Battlefield 3 makes the most out of what its got on the consoles. While the destruction of the Frostbite 2 engine is good, it feels a little subdued compared to the house toppling destruction of the Bad Company series, although the Back to Karkand expansion maps are supposed to rectify that this December. Nearly all the weapons in the game feel balanced so that you could do no wrong choosing any of them. The jets are fun and all, but aerial vehicles in general have a steep learning curve and the jets really takes you out of the action as there are only 24 players on consoles. The game modes while few are superb and the maps are very nice looking and varied. Every kill seems to have weight to them compared to other modern military shooters, you feel accomplished after killing someone and taking a dog tag is oh so sweet. The only thing DICE could have done better with Battlefield 3 is if they changed the default voice option to team chat since I find that many people don't know how to change the chat settings or are too lazy to change it. This game begs for teamwork and if you can't hear your teammates other than the ones in the squad, how can you truly work together as a whole? The suppression system in my eyes is revolutionary, no longer will players in Battlefield take on bullets like Superman, no right minded person would not flinch after feeling bullets fly past them. Nothing is more exhilarating than firing back at an enemy when your screen is blurry from the bullets flying around everywhere. Battlefield 3 is a must buy for hardcore shooter fans period. Leave Modern Warfare 3 for the noobs. Expand
  23. Oct 3, 2012
    Esta claro que la pugna por el trono del shooter del año 2011 estaba clarísimo, aunque la mayoría de revistas del sector no comparta la opinión de la gran mayoría de jugadores. Battlefield 3 tiene una campaña bastante mala, sin duda, pero no te lo vas a comprar para jugar al modo historia.
    Su modo multijugador es uno de los más competitivos
    Su modo multijugador es uno de los más competitivos hoy en día, que huye de las partidas rápidas y sin sustancia del COD para traernos unos combates donde la coordinación y el trabajo en equipo son tan necesarios como la habilidad individual.

Graficamente es muy bueno y aunque no llegue al nivel del PC hay que reconocerle que por momentos es espectacular. El sonido merece una mención a parte con los efectos más realistas de disparos que se hayan escuchado en un juego.

En conclusión no es juego para todos pero sí para aquellos que busquen un reto y más aun si lo juegas con amigos, entonces la diversión se dispara.

Gráficos: 8
    Sonido: 9.5
    Diversión/Jugabilidad: 8
    Duración: 8
    Total: 8
  24. Jan 29, 2012
    Battlefield 3 is 2011's FPS king, no question. Battlefield's long-running tradition of relatively sophisticated First Person Shooters is taken to the next level with amazing graphics, incredible sound, and a compelling leveling system that'll keep players playing to get that next weapon and achievement. BF3 sets itself apart from Modern Warfare 3 (MW3) with its ambition (giant maps,Battlefield 3 is 2011's FPS king, no question. Battlefield's long-running tradition of relatively sophisticated First Person Shooters is taken to the next level with amazing graphics, incredible sound, and a compelling leveling system that'll keep players playing to get that next weapon and achievement. BF3 sets itself apart from Modern Warfare 3 (MW3) with its ambition (giant maps, land/sea/air vehicles, and new weapon enhancements) and focus. Games are won by accomplishing objectives and both winners and losers come away with at least some progress.

The single player campaign is nothing ground breaking but is a nice appetizer for the online multiplayer main course. The modern FPS is, for better or worse, mostly about leveling and grinding for better weapons so this game is definitely not always "fair" for all players (at least not in the Counter-Strike or Team Fortress 2 sense), but it's definitely a more level playing field than MW3's. It towers over MW3 in every sense, even on the PS3 (which is the version I'm speaking of specifically). You might not have time to play every FPS this year, but this one should definitely be one of them. A remarkable achievement, don't miss it.
  25. Nov 28, 2011
    Me encanta este juego, el modo campaña es corto pero muy entretenido, dan ganas de rejugarlo más de una vez, las misiones coops muy buenas aunq cortas con un nivel de dificultad muy ajustado. El modo multijugador online es una aunténtica maravilla, horas y horas de diversión con un sinfin de situaciones diferentes en cada partida. ElMe encanta este juego, el modo campaña es corto pero muy entretenido, dan ganas de rejugarlo más de una vez, las misiones coops muy buenas aunq cortas con un nivel de dificultad muy ajustado. El modo multijugador online es una aunténtica maravilla, horas y horas de diversión con un sinfin de situaciones diferentes en cada partida. El juego a falta de nuevos parches tiene algunos errores que no empañan el resultado final del juego. 1000% recomendado. Expand
  26. Dec 23, 2011
    Excellent graphics, great sound, good control, fine detail, but it is very boring, all missions are slow and not get excited, if not for the trophies or achievements makes no sense
  27. Nov 19, 2011
    Que decepção, sinto que joguei no lixo meu dinheiro acreditando que o jogo seria tão bom quanto BC2.
    Vou falar somente do multiplayer, ahhhhh a mecanica da mira é irritante, você simplismente não consegue acertar nada a curta distancia e a longa distancia vc balanaça como se tivesse parkinson, as pessoas estão tão frustradas que mesmo jogando com meus amigos ninguém diz uma palavra pois estão muito ocupados tentando controlar a irritação de não conseguir jogar.
    Mapas enormes com poucas pessoas, você não consegue enxergar seu inimigos pois eles estão longe demais e quando vc finalmente encontra não consegue atirar por causa da dificuldade de controlar os movimentos exagerados da mira (mesmo mudando a sensibilidade). Se você diminui a sensibilidade seus movimentos ficam lentos, mas quando vc aproxima a mira os movimentos ficam rapidos demais, ou seja, não há um balanceamento na mira que faça você ficar confortavel tanto mirando quanto não mirando e o que parece é esse jogo não foi feito pra se jogar com um Joystic.
    O som esta mt pobre comparado ao BC2, os bugs ainda existem e me frustram.....o jogo todo foi uma decepção.
    Durante os 2 dias que joguei não consegui ter 1 minuto sequer de diversão, agora me resta recorrer ao Modern Warfare 3 que tenho certeza que irá me divertir, e vou me desfazer do BF3 ou terei que começar a tomar calmantes toda vez que joga-lo.

Agora o que nos resta é esperar um Bad Company 3 para podermos voltar a nos divertir.
    FrostBite 2 FAIL

Orfãos de Bad Company :(
  28. Nov 19, 2011
    This game was complete garbage. The control sensitivity was all jacked up, the button configuration was confusion, and the campaign story was a copied version of a couple of other games, such as EA's 2006 game BLACK and Black Ops. I traded this for Uncharted 3 within hours of playing it. Glad the other guy had no idea how sh!tty a game this really is.
  29. Nov 20, 2011
    The game is really fun to play, however, there are a few issues. One, being the campaign mode is very short and rushed and feels like its lacking some substance and story line, I feel DICE miss the ball on this one where as, in my opinion, Medal of Honor still holds the title for best story in a game. Second, is the issues on multiplayer like, unbalanced weapons, low weapon damage, gameThe game is really fun to play, however, there are a few issues. One, being the campaign mode is very short and rushed and feels like its lacking some substance and story line, I feel DICE miss the ball on this one where as, in my opinion, Medal of Honor still holds the title for best story in a game. Second, is the issues on multiplayer like, unbalanced weapons, low weapon damage, game latency and last but not forgotten is the horrible respawning problem. "Unbalanced weapons" An example of this is the PP-2000 out gunning a Shotgun at close range enough said! "Low weapon damage" Nothing drives me more crazy than wasting an entire Mag on someone to kill them, I mean come on 15-31 rounds into someone standing still before they die is just stupid! "Game latency" proof of this as most people knows who have played the game is while taking fire you run for cover only to be killed once you've made it around a corner or behind an object by the same player who was shooting you to begin with. And now to the worst of them all is the awful "Respawning" for TDM. I can not count the amount of times I have been killed because I have been spawned right into the sights of an enemy and shot dead before i could even hit the run or shot button. I am giving this game a 7 because of these issues and a few others. I ama little disappointed in this game but it is better the most of its competitors and its good to see that DICE is taking the proper steps to correct these problem. It's not often you see the developers listen to their customers and fix the problems these days. Good Hunting out there! Expand
  30. Nov 20, 2011
    Battlefield 3 brings elements from the older games of the franchise and mixes them with the new to bring fans and new gamers alike into an epic warzone environment from the comfort of their homes.

Upon entering the single player campaign you'll probably be thinking two things... "I hope this is fun" and "Oh em gee let's skip this cutscene..." The game spits you into the back of an APC with your comrades engaging in conversation before being greeted by the sun as you step out onto the dusty street of a war torn bazaar. The graphics. The graphics. The graphics are nothing short of great-to-look-at, especially on a high definition TV, the sound quality is even better! Well, the presentation of the look and sounds is just fine, but what about the experience itself? Being perfectly honest, the Battlefield 3 campaign is lacking. Although it incorporates the different styles of play battlefield has been known for, it removes the freedom of play and destruction we all know so well. So anyway, you're prodded along by a stick of gunfire and yelling soldiers through the narrow corridor of offline gameplay, and pretty soon you'll be getting sick of that stick, trust me.

On the other hand, the online action is remarkable. In a good way. Kicking it off you have a small, yet diverse array of weapons and gadgets at your disposal. Leveling through the ranks you'll broaden your horizon in regards to options of combat utensils, and there's even upgrades for each of the vehicle types. The maps are of a large scale, yet still comfortable when made smaller for Team Deathmatch and Squad vs Squad game modes, environments are diverse and real enough to be made into your comfortable second home, at least for awhile. Unless you're a powerleveling experience whoring beast of victory, it should take at least a few months to progress through the main levels of experience, with the top level being 44. After 44 levels you'll enter the prestige state of leveling, you'll gain a new emblem and it will take more experience to level up, but you'll still retain your unlocks. I got really bored and I can't be bothered to continue the review. Anyway, it's a fun balanced game with a couple bugs which will be ironed out, and the singleplayer is not that good.
  31. Nov 20, 2011
    The single player of this game, to me, was pretty bad. It was very much on-rails in terms of how often you lost control of your character so you could watch yourself move into a specific position for a quicktime event. I don't mind a well done quicktime event, but being shuffled around and then be asked to simply "Press Circle" does NOT make me feel integrated to the experience. If you areThe single player of this game, to me, was pretty bad. It was very much on-rails in terms of how often you lost control of your character so you could watch yourself move into a specific position for a quicktime event. I don't mind a well done quicktime event, but being shuffled around and then be asked to simply "Press Circle" does NOT make me feel integrated to the experience. If you are going to put quicktime events in, you have to make it an experience where for every motion you do on screen, there is a relevant button press or sequence. Call of Duty, for all that people discredit it, perfected these sequences in MW1-MW2. Considering that BF3's single player is completely ripping off the CoD formula, I don't think it would be too much to ask to go that extra mile. The multiplayer is the bright spot here, even though I have a feeling that the 30fps is only something consoles achieve in an empty server with nothing going on. Once the flashlights are tweaked, it will be a fairly balanced experience. Well, as balanced as a Battlefield experience can be. While some of the classes are decently equipped to take on vehicles, the fact of the matter is that the playing experience in a vehicle far exceeds being a typical soldier. Your opportunity to actually get on a roll is far easier in a tank than it is on the ground. Considering how many rockets it can take to blow up a tank, things get a little hazier on the ground. This is still the most complete package of a Battlefield product we have seen yet. I hope they continue to tweak it to make it a better playing experience (the input lag on PS3 is very annoying), but it is still a very worthy purchase despite its several flaws. Basically, this is a good game that just got too much hype for the way it turned out. Expand
  32. Jan 7, 2012
    I bought this game because Amazon had a promotion going & truthfully I wasn't expecting much, what with all the nay-sayers hating on the game, but this one has turned out to be of the best shooters I've ever purchased! The maps are huge & the different modes of gameplay offer something drastically different & new from Modern Warfare. If you are having a hard time w/ team deathmatch, take aI bought this game because Amazon had a promotion going & truthfully I wasn't expecting much, what with all the nay-sayers hating on the game, but this one has turned out to be of the best shooters I've ever purchased! The maps are huge & the different modes of gameplay offer something drastically different & new from Modern Warfare. If you are having a hard time w/ team deathmatch, take a breakfrom that & fire up a round of conquest (those are the full-blown war maps where you can fly jets & helicopters or drive humvees troop transports or tanks all of which "level-up" as you score kills with them). Team Deathmatch strips the experience of the vehicles & tightens up th environment a bit in order to keep the action from going into a lull the maps still seem a bit larger than those found in Modern Warfare which is nice as that provides one more options for mounting an offense because it's almost impossible for a team to cover every flank. There is room for improvement however. Between matches you aren't allowed to customize your loadout, only view that round's statistics, awards & other entertaining but ultimately unimportant information. Also the spawn points in team deathwatch are still a bit punishing even w/ all the recent updates that have been released since the game has come to market. Learning the aircraft & their controls takes practice, be ready to get shot down a lot by the other "Aces" in the match. A bit of advice is to ride w/ someone who has more experience so you can rack up xp. In a round I leveled up my attack chopper 4 times because the pilot was experienced.

If you're looking for something new & different from MW3 this is a breath of fresh air.

Oh yeah, & the campaign's pretty good too...
  33. Nov 20, 2011
    I was a little disappointed by the single player campaign and really did not enjoy the multi-point of view story. I prefer the BF Bad Company type story that allows you to learn more about the characters and has a story that is linear in nature. The multiplayer is where this game shines. Driving a tank, flying a helicopter and flying an A-10 into the ground oh my! I purchased bothI was a little disappointed by the single player campaign and really did not enjoy the multi-point of view story. I prefer the BF Bad Company type story that allows you to learn more about the characters and has a story that is linear in nature. The multiplayer is where this game shines. Driving a tank, flying a helicopter and flying an A-10 into the ground oh my! I purchased both BF3 and MW3 at release and always ended up back playing BF3 multiplayer in the end. Expand
  34. Jan 31, 2012
    BATTLEFIELD 3 doesn't jump leaps and and bounds but is still better than it predecessor(BATTLEFIELD:Bad Company 2) but it's still better I feel that the campaign is just there and really meant for multiplayer.

The animation is really realistic and the movement is really good in first and third person(except for the hand calling for help,you will understand once you play).The graphics are amazing and the sound is really good I mean you will hear everything fly pass your soldier from bullets to rockets.The new FROSTBITE 2 engine has a significant difference like falling debris from a wall and the lighting effects are awesome from shadows to sun shining in your eyes. The gameplay is still great with the FROSTBITE 2 engine,the accuracy is full and so is the range and lots of destruction and explosions. The multiplayer is endless and unlocking things is individual,every gun has to unlock it's own attachments and ranking up will take a while.I think also that this is why I keep coming back to get new unlocks and attachments.Melee kills are now worth taking dog tags the player can now choose which dog tags they want but the player has to unlock them but if you melee kill you can preview the unknown locked dog tag.If you struggle getting points that's because you have to do the objectives you get tonnes of points for completing and attacking objectives.The customizability is emmence I mean you can now customize your gun entirely compared to BATTLEFIELD:Bad Company 2 which is great. The single player is good not great.It's totally different than multiplayer the plot has been seen recently from the games competitor(Call of Duty:Black Ops) the story is interesting and idle and the places and missions are cool.

I'm going to be honest I think not it's not as good as Bad Company 2 but better,it's weird to say this but it's true.
  35. Nov 24, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have to give this game a 10 out of 10, it surpassed my expectations. After hearing the large number of complaints that the campaign was exactly like Call of Duty, but I was surprised to play it and it being nothing like the Modern Warfare games. Where Modern Warfare was based around the US and Russia fighting each other. Battlefield 3 campaign is specifically about fighting a terrorist organisation. Where the only fight against Russians was not open warfare, but Russia trying to take the same target as the US. This being said the excellent graphics and sound complemented it nicely with the Destruction being fun. I was a bit disapointed that the destruction wasn't amped up more and sometimes on some Multiplayer maps, there was less destruction on buildings than the same type of building in others. But this being said, I had allot of fun blowing up buildings.

Now the Multiplayer, the maps are fun, unlocks excellent the vehicle warfare excellent, just everything A++. I like the jets and helicopters, I'm just a little disappointed that when your flying the transport helicopter the most points you can get is, 10 per gunner getting a kill and that the scout helicopter's machine gun is a little under-powered.

Overall I have to give it a 10 out of 10 because it's faults are far outweighs by it's positives.

And if you thinking of buying this or MW3, go look at the user reviews for MW3.
  36. Nov 26, 2011
    great graphics, love the freedom factor that you have whether you want to be a sniper or hop in a tank with some friends and just destroy kids, also EA also listens to people and works with the community on fixing certain things.
  37. Dec 3, 2011
    Perhaps it's my love of the arcade style that Call of Duty provides but I could never get into BF3 (and believe me I tried) on a fundamental level because I just couldn't play it. The story is fairly interesting and all respect goes to the final mission. The frostbyte 2 engine would have been GLORIOUS if my PC wasn't 3 years old and incapable of running it, so I get the mediocre at bestPerhaps it's my love of the arcade style that Call of Duty provides but I could never get into BF3 (and believe me I tried) on a fundamental level because I just couldn't play it. The story is fairly interesting and all respect goes to the final mission. The frostbyte 2 engine would have been GLORIOUS if my PC wasn't 3 years old and incapable of running it, so I get the mediocre at best PS3 version. It's Borderlands level graphics but with glorious texture work wand lighting to make things invisible and not destructible unless you're hiding behind it. Expand
  38. Nov 27, 2011
    This is an exceptional game. It has good graphics and game play. The multilayer is great. But the campaign sucks. I like how you can customize your dog tags to show of your stats. I wish there were bigger matches though. I don't know why they limit it to 24 players. That makes conquest mode suck really bad. MAG has 254 player mathes so I don't know why bf3 can't give you at leastThis is an exceptional game. It has good graphics and game play. The multilayer is great. But the campaign sucks. I like how you can customize your dog tags to show of your stats. I wish there were bigger matches though. I don't know why they limit it to 24 players. That makes conquest mode suck really bad. MAG has 254 player mathes so I don't know why bf3 can't give you at least 64. But it's still a great game. Expand
  39. Nov 28, 2011
    Now i know what your thinking. 10 out of 10 what an exaggeration right? WRONG! If i dident give this game a 10 id feel like i was lying. Everything in this game feels epic. From just moving around to the huge 64 player battles. 145 ranks online to keep you going for years to come.By far the best sound in a video game ever. Iv put over 100 hours into the online multiplayer and it just neverNow i know what your thinking. 10 out of 10 what an exaggeration right? WRONG! If i dident give this game a 10 id feel like i was lying. Everything in this game feels epic. From just moving around to the huge 64 player battles. 145 ranks online to keep you going for years to come.By far the best sound in a video game ever. Iv put over 100 hours into the online multiplayer and it just never gets boring. Don t want to walk in the front door of a heavily defended building? Then dont, blow open the wall go through that way.Tired of running around on the ground? Fly a jet, drive a tank, its just amazing! This one is going to be a modern classic. Definitely one of the best games iv ever played, and best 60$ iv ever spent. Expand
  40. Nov 29, 2011
    unlike fanboys i gave mw3 the exact same score as this, bf3 is graphically superior on terms with games like crysis 2 i dont think on current consoles in could be beaten the story is ok but before playing this is not a sequel to bad company 2 it is the sequel to battlefield 2 on the ps2 hence the lack of characters from the bad company series but it is still good missions are diverse fromunlike fanboys i gave mw3 the exact same score as this, bf3 is graphically superior on terms with games like crysis 2 i dont think on current consoles in could be beaten the story is ok but before playing this is not a sequel to bad company 2 it is the sequel to battlefield 2 on the ps2 hence the lack of characters from the bad company series but it is still good missions are diverse from storming a town hit by a natural disaster, driving a tank and even being the co pilot in a fighter jet, it actually feels like you are in the war yourself with the atmosphere sounds etc, however it is very short this time clocking in around 6-8 hrs it may take beginners longer as it can be qutie diificult at points, i played it on normal difficulty and died on one particular level a lot, multiplayer is also great apart from one problem the maps are huge and if you play properly with decent palyers can be very fun a tactical however is have been in a match where everyone wanted to sniper one another which resulted in a long boring match where ther was only 10 kills 8 of them being me getting shot running round like an idiot as i hate sniping lol overall a great game worth the money just like the game it has gone to war with, if you me both these games are incredible and are both let down by the same problem and that is the short lengths of their campaigns Expand
  41. Nov 29, 2011
    This game is really good, the graphics are elite for a console. The destruction is so fun to watch, all you'll want to do is blow stuff up. TDM i think is really good, the spwans need some fixing but its not that bad. Overall this is a game to get if you like FPS
  42. Jun 23, 2012
    WARNING:THIS GAME IS NOT FOR NOOBS....this game is a God send among fps shooters but lets get the campaign out the way shall we: I personally enjoyed the single player.the story was great and well paced and the final mission was very tense!! While it may not have been a crazy explosion filled roller coaster ride I enjoyed dice's approach..so it shouldn't be compared to other shooters IMO!WARNING:THIS GAME IS NOT FOR NOOBS....this game is a God send among fps shooters but lets get the campaign out the way shall we: I personally enjoyed the single player.the story was great and well paced and the final mission was very tense!! While it may not have been a crazy explosion filled roller coaster ride I enjoyed dice's approach..so it shouldn't be compared to other shooters IMO! The six co-op mission where a nice but could be so much more if dice decided not to abandon it and not create more mission.and last but CERTAINLY not least..multiplayer.when I first started playing it I was hooked instantly by its presentation to the level of detail to the sound of the weapons crumbling buildings being destroyed this game was with painstakingly attention to gamers satisfaction when pulling the trigger to dropping land mines to stop a tanks rein of terror!! Oh and there's air vehicles to..for people new to this series(I never played a bf before) its going to be tough adjusting to battlefields gameplay so just stick with and you'll rank up quick plus there's no op guns here BUT you MUST choose your loadout wisely or you will fail lets say you choose a shotgun in a large map..FAIL...here everything matters even camp the game does have flaws but most have been fixed with a patch here are there if you want the feel of true combat then I highly recommended this game just no that you can't run and gun senseless on here you also have to you tactics on the field of battle!! Expand
  43. Dec 25, 2011
    Everything about this game is better than MW3. The only people who rate this gem of a game poorly are morons who like MW's buggy spawn system and it's dumb killstreaks.
    Sure the campaign isn't what people expect, but the multiplayer blows MW's multiplayer out of the water.
  44. Dec 28, 2011
    Stunning... Graphics simply gorgeous... sound amazing... the bad side... is the respawn in the Team Deathmach... and de green frame in the game some times appears and this annoying a little bit...
  45. Dec 28, 2011
    Never played a BF game before, I did play COD and half and half liked it. Started the single player and that disappointed me ... booooooring! Then came the multiplayer: although I totally suck at it, I still enjoy it. I can fix tanks, lay mines, revive people and so on. I can get in a tank, a plane, the possibilities are endless. I do not have to be scared about constantly being shot inNever played a BF game before, I did play COD and half and half liked it. Started the single player and that disappointed me ... booooooring! Then came the multiplayer: although I totally suck at it, I still enjoy it. I can fix tanks, lay mines, revive people and so on. I can get in a tank, a plane, the possibilities are endless. I do not have to be scared about constantly being shot in the back cause the team has your back. I like the structured way you can play this ... slowly advancing like in a real war. Rush mode is amazing! Two teams fighting to get through a bottleneck, while planes are flying over and dropping bombs, it sometimes feels like a real war, not like a playground were little kids run around (like COD). The graphics OMG, at least you can destroy things. It's not like Disneyland where everything stays nice and undamaged (again COD). There's only one war game for me (well plus the old Medal of Honors) Expand
  46. Dec 29, 2011
    Battlefield 3 has great multiplayer witch is the best part of the game, campaign is good but doesn't have building destructible environments,and not is fun as call of duty campaign, but there were cool parts of single player like the building falling on your single player character. So overall amazing game but a 1 or two things that I wasn't into or impressed with.
  47. Dec 29, 2011
    Good game. And I'm not even a good player of this game. As a player, you have to know what you are doing in the game space. For the cerebral player, it is very challenging. It is frustrating, but in order to be good, a player will have to take time to develop their game play. Campaign mode leaves a lot to be desired, but for the online multiplayer, you can't beat this game.
  48. Dec 30, 2011
    I thought that this game is going to be garbage, but when i played it, it was amazing. It focuses alot more realism and the graphics are amazing. BTW Screw all these people who hates this game.
  49. Jan 1, 2012
    First of all, I have played more than 65 hours on the Multiplayer part of this game and it is excellent, minus some problems which can be easily fixed with a patch. I plan on playing another 65h and maybe some more, so as you can see, it has great lasting appeal.

Awesome graphics, good campaign with realistic environments and feel, awesome animations, quick time events and overall story.

In terms of sound, this game is top-notch, the weapons sound so realistic and its age mark can easily be seen.

Great game, not perfect. 9/10
  50. Jan 1, 2012
    Damn you, guys for making such an awesome game! I can't stop playing it and I never get tired of the ground-shaking explosions everywhere. I feel like I'm in a movie every time I play this, it's so amazing!
  51. Jan 3, 2012
    Battlefield 3 is a great game. It does have quite a few problems such as a really bad campaign which has a boring, clichéd story and is filled with bad AI and cheap deaths. REALLY cheap. Lots of the time I could be with a lot of other soldiers, yet as soon as I pop out of cover half of the enemies start attacking me. For a game that tries to be realistic, it isn't. EnemiesBattlefield 3 is a great game. It does have quite a few problems such as a really bad campaign which has a boring, clichéd story and is filled with bad AI and cheap deaths. REALLY cheap. Lots of the time I could be with a lot of other soldiers, yet as soon as I pop out of cover half of the enemies start attacking me. For a game that tries to be realistic, it isn't. Enemies seeing you as soon as you pop up, even if they're focused on another person, quicktime events and not that much destruction, the campaign is not worth the price of this great game. No, the reason to get this game is the fantastic, addictive multiplayer. This isn't like Call of Duty. You have to work as a team and support them. And there are a lot more ways to get points. Healing your team/squad, reviving your team/squad, resupplying your team/squad, arming and destroying the objective in Rush, neutralizing and capturing the flag in Conquest, assisting with the neutralizing or capturing of the flag, having a squad mate spawn on you, assisting in a kill, assisting in a suppression kill, and of course killing an enemy. I probably didn't even name every way to get XP in this game. There are a ton of weapons in this game, and choosing classes makes the game incredibly balanced. In assault you have the ability to revive other players and heal them and yourself with a medkit, whereas other classes don't. In engineer you have access to the launchers, so you can easily blow up buildings, vehicles etc. with ease. In support you can resupply other players and yourself with ammo and in recon you have access to the spawn beacon which lets you place another spawn point so you can spawn exactly where you want. There are always advantages and disadvantages to each class which makes the game a joy to play. I do have a few problems with the multiplayer. You don't get much of a chance to drive or pilot many of the vehicles in the campaign, and the manual is absolutely terrible not giving you any help on the vehicle controls, which can be frustrating when you are trying to pilot a plane for the first time. My other problem is that this game is two camper friendly. I was playing conquest on Gulf of Oman and when I tried to capture the construction site flag, I was killed by a sniper all the way up in the crane. I eventually got my sweet, sweet revenge by climbing the flag and killing that guy, and at the same time I took his camping spot just to annoy him. I really wish that grenades would have a greater impact, because I could easily destroy a camping spot with a grenade, and there needs to be more destruction. Other than that the multiplayer is fantastic.The sound is incredible and really immerses you even more. You'll here every bullet whizzing by you at lightning speed and it just amps up the tension in a multiplayer game. The graphics are also incredible and are incredibly detailed and realistic. This is one of the few games that looks as good as it does in single player as it does in multiplayer. Overall Battlefield 3 is a great game. There are some problems, the campaign, camping in multiplayer, the basically useless manual, and the fact that there is no help on how to use the vehicles. I still can't fly a jet. But the good certainly outweighs the bad and Battlefield 3 simply has some of the best multiplayer in a video game. Expand
  52. Jan 5, 2012
    Battlefield 3 is a seamless and realistic warfare experience. The graphics are so good they made me want to lick my TV, the guns are seriously fun to use and kill with, and the campaign is inventive and cinematic. My one quarrel is that there appears to be no matchmaking and that can really annoy when you are dumped into a game with level 40 saddos who pwn you. But this game still wipesBattlefield 3 is a seamless and realistic warfare experience. The graphics are so good they made me want to lick my TV, the guns are seriously fun to use and kill with, and the campaign is inventive and cinematic. My one quarrel is that there appears to be no matchmaking and that can really annoy when you are dumped into a game with level 40 saddos who pwn you. But this game still wipes the floor with Call of Duty and Medal of Honor. Expand
  53. Jan 7, 2012
    I Have a few words for this: OVERRATED PIECE OF CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God this is terrible I only played it for a few minutes of this and I was already bored. look just don't buy this game plz don't.
  54. Jan 10, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This has to be the most disappointing game ever released. Riding on the classic that was Battlefield 2, DICE/ EA have rushed out a game (pre-xmas, as to beat Call of Duty's release) that is unfinished, full of bugs. For a game that sells itself' strengths on teamwork, they cannot even get VOIP to work on the PS3 version. Issues way too many to list, go on any forum and you will see for yourself. Forum after forum have been trying to get answers out of DICE, but guess what. Not a single reply. And quoting directly from DICE, on their views on how the game came out.. "We've nailed it.." Expand
  55. Jan 28, 2012
    I love Battlefield but i have to give this a 7 because of the bugs. Battlefield 3 is probably one of the more bug infested games i have ever played. Just to list out a few the knife won't work all the time, sometimes for certain weapons you'r arms can obstruct your view, and LAG. Battlefield's support is just horrible, when contacted about these problems they often say it is you'r internetI love Battlefield but i have to give this a 7 because of the bugs. Battlefield 3 is probably one of the more bug infested games i have ever played. Just to list out a few the knife won't work all the time, sometimes for certain weapons you'r arms can obstruct your view, and LAG. Battlefield's support is just horrible, when contacted about these problems they often say it is you'r internet connection or a problem with the PlayStation. I love BF3 but if you are looking to buy this game then i would suggest holding off till February after they patch the game . . . . again. Expand
  56. Jan 30, 2012
    Every one of those cod fanboys can say how it has bad controls but they never played the game they say the graphics arent that great they are possibly blind. thsi is a far superior game to mw3 in every aspect graphics realism diversity and gun balance and this game actually has vehicles. buy this game its awsome.
  57. Feb 5, 2012
    It is a good game.Better than MW3?It depends in what kind of games the reviewer likes(fast-paced or tactical gameplay).For me,it is better than MW3.it is more realistic than MW3 and it has proper gun sounds.
    The only reason it did not receive a 9.0 or 10 is because of the single player,which was bad.The last mission was great though but i don't want to make spoilers.The multiplayer is good,with variety and the maps feel great.
    This game is better than MW3 and if you are in a dilemma,whether to buy this or MW3,then choose this because it is just better.
  58. Feb 7, 2012
    if you are new to first-person shooters you are going to want to start with modern warfare 3. i'm telling you, this game is not for noobs. in the modern warfare series you basically run around arcade-style blasting at people in all directions in a constant stream of mindless adrenaline, in battlefield you have to actually think and change up your load-outs for different situations and useif you are new to first-person shooters you are going to want to start with modern warfare 3. i'm telling you, this game is not for noobs. in the modern warfare series you basically run around arcade-style blasting at people in all directions in a constant stream of mindless adrenaline, in battlefield you have to actually think and change up your load-outs for different situations and use everything in your arsenal to take down not only enemy soldiers but tanks, planes, choppers and lots more. it is a different game, same thrill of multi-player competition only a little more immersive. great game. single player? that's not what you buy this game for but it will kill 5 hours or so. Expand
  59. Feb 10, 2012
    the campaign is 'not so good' , but this isn't made to be played alone , it's a multiplayer paradise with great guns , great sound , great visuals and whole lot of stuff to blow . and all this plus accurate realism . there is nothing like a perfect head-shot or a perfect dog fight achieved . and even after all those 'good parts' , there is great one , and that's the amount of tactics youthe campaign is 'not so good' , but this isn't made to be played alone , it's a multiplayer paradise with great guns , great sound , great visuals and whole lot of stuff to blow . and all this plus accurate realism . there is nothing like a perfect head-shot or a perfect dog fight achieved . and even after all those 'good parts' , there is great one , and that's the amount of tactics you have to use , you need to think , plot , communicate and be accurate Expand
  60. Feb 13, 2012
    Battlefield 3 was my favorite first person shooter of 2011. The multiplayer is the best around, with huge maps, even in the PS3 version. The campaign is really good, better than any Call of Duty campaign. The skydiving scene was awesome. The co-op was also good, but not as good the campaign or multiplayer. Overall, I think it is a great game.
  61. Apr 1, 2012
    Nothing much to say about this really. Everything is perfect. It's easily the greatest War Shooter ever. The shooting is perfect, the graphics are amazing, the audio is the best in gaming. There isn't much of any bugs anymore thanks to DiCE's patches (not that there we're much glitches to begin with). Tone of guns and equipment, big emphasis on team work. There's just nothing to say. It's perfect.
  62. Mar 7, 2012
    Forever i have wanted a shooter that could rival call of duty. Being a loyal fan of bf2 i went into bf3 expecting great things, and i got them!. The most realistic shooter to date, award winning sound, has won bf3 the rightful place as king of the shooters :)
  63. Mar 17, 2012
    Battle Field 3 Best Shooter Game Ever In This Generation Of Plat Former It's Born To Defeat and Beat Call Of Duty Series , I Like Every Game Begin With Name ( BattleField )
  64. Mar 17, 2012
    Plot.....meh. Gameplay...yay. Multiplayer...amazing! This game is great but not for everyone. Definitely the best shooter on the market, this game is what all other shooters try to get to.
  65. Mar 25, 2012
    This is a first person shooter game with an amazing online component. It has several game modes, like team death match, conquest (Flag Capture) and Rush (Detonate some specific targets). It has a lot of weapons and gadgets to unlock. The game graphics are excellent. On the negative side, chat quality is a little bit bad and the game occasionally lost its audio in the middle of theThis is a first person shooter game with an amazing online component. It has several game modes, like team death match, conquest (Flag Capture) and Rush (Detonate some specific targets). It has a lot of weapons and gadgets to unlock. The game graphics are excellent. On the negative side, chat quality is a little bit bad and the game occasionally lost its audio in the middle of the battle. The game maps are big, although not as huge as the PC version, but they are bigger than any other game of its type for PS3 (sometimes they feel a little bit empty). This game does not have dedicated servers like in the PC version. If you are going to buy a used copy of this game you will need to buy a online pass from the PlayStation store to be able to play the online component of it. Expand
  66. Apr 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the BEST BATTLEFIELD GAME EVER.
    The Theme song is awesome, The Missions are great, Weapons are awesome than COD and Has the Graphics Engine Using. I Enjoyed the Single Player Mission But Some of Them Were Short
  67. Apr 10, 2012
    Love this game. The graphics are incredible and the on line experience is addicting. I bought it in December and am so hooked on the on line experience that I haven't played the story completely. I am not thrilled with the first patch released as it has taken away some of the realistic looks of the vehicles. I am referring to the looks of the **** inside the helicopters, jets, etc.Love this game. The graphics are incredible and the on line experience is addicting. I bought it in December and am so hooked on the on line experience that I haven't played the story completely. I am not thrilled with the first patch released as it has taken away some of the realistic looks of the vehicles. I am referring to the looks of the **** inside the helicopters, jets, etc. Some of the realism has been replaced with blank looks and buttons. I suppose they were too accurate. Expand
  68. Apr 29, 2012
    I got Black Ops and enjoyed it quite a bit, but I quickly realized that it was about quick reactions and kills per minute. I got quite good at it, but I still felt that teamwork would be more fun. So when I went looking for my next fps game, I decided to try out Battlefield 3 because I had heard that it was more focused on team gameplay and because of vehicles. I am very happy with myI got Black Ops and enjoyed it quite a bit, but I quickly realized that it was about quick reactions and kills per minute. I got quite good at it, but I still felt that teamwork would be more fun. So when I went looking for my next fps game, I decided to try out Battlefield 3 because I had heard that it was more focused on team gameplay and because of vehicles. I am very happy with my purchase. Yes, the campaign is mediocre, but the multiplayer more than makes up for it. Having only played Black Ops before, I was astounded by the destruction and vehicles that are found on the battlefield. There is little that is more fun than shooting a rocket into a second story wall, causing it to crumble down on top of the foes hiding at the base. The maps are much larger than maps that are in Call of Duty, and although you can spawn on squadmates, often times it will take time to get back to the fight after being killed. I don't mind this, but I can imagine that many people who are used to the quick trigger reflexes of COD will dislike the waiting. Battlefield 3 plays slower, but is no less intense. Several of the maps are designed specifically for infantry play, and these foster some incredibly fun moments.

Overall, I find Battlefield 3 to be a great game for it's multiplayer. Don't buy it for the singleplayer, but it's a good game nonetheless.
  69. May 13, 2012
    If you do not like this game, you must be insane! The graphics are great, the shooting physics of the game are realistic for the most part. It blows any other fps game available right now out of the water.
  70. May 25, 2012
    I've played almost all the battlefield games since 1942 and i must say, this is amazing, Multiplayer simply excelled my expectations. Don't expect the graphics of battlefield 3 on the PS3 to be super high resolution than our lovely PC platform since the PlayStation is something like 7 years old. The game runs smoothly, with some hiccups. Great maps, decent selection of guns. overall Awesome game.
  71. Jun 2, 2012
    This isn't a perfect game, but it still kicks some serious ass, with it's gorgeous graphics, incredibly realistic sounds, and the outstanding multiplayer.

About singleplayer: It's one of the few reasons why I can't give the game a 10. It sucks most of the time, with loads of frustrating moments when you don't know where the shooting comes from and constantly die. And that's not realistic, it's just plain annoying. The singleplayer campaign tries to present itself as a Call of Duty-style rollercoaster ride, but only manages to do that in the last level, which actually helps to leave an overall positive impression.

About co-op: It's there just for show, and is mostly as frustrating as the singleplayer, it might not be ignored just to get some weapons for the multiplayer.

About multiplayer: It's where the game shines. Carefully balanced, it's going to hook you up for a while. Featuring seemingly quite few modes, they're all the game needs. It's always fun, whether you're going in close quarters with a shotgun, sniping people from the distance, flying by in a jet, or destroying buildings with a tank.

So, an awesome game, definitely worth picking up. I bought the limited edition (so with the Back to Karkand pack) and I don't regret it at all, the new maps and weapons are great.
  72. Jul 4, 2012
    Best multiplayer shooter I've ever played... fantastic step up form BF2.. great maps, fantastic weapons... great mix of infantry and vehicles...

A mention must go to the sound effects.. brilliant with a stereo headset and a must inthis game...
  73. Jun 20, 2012
    If you ask me, which is better, Battlefield 3 or Modern Warfare 3? Well, I would say Battlefield 3. Maybe Battlefield 3 campaign is a letdown, Battlefield is a multiplayer game. It haves a legendary multiplayer, and amazing graphics. A successful threequel I can say, because It's strategic and It haves well designed maps.
  74. Jul 29, 2012
    As always, after being deceived by the hype and trailers released for Battlefield 3, my expectations were beaming high, day one purchase for me and although I was satisfied with what I got, I couldn't help but feel the console versions fell inferior to the PC. The campaign was medicore but is worth a playthrough if you have the spare money and time to do so, but in my own opinion,As always, after being deceived by the hype and trailers released for Battlefield 3, my expectations were beaming high, day one purchase for me and although I was satisfied with what I got, I couldn't help but feel the console versions fell inferior to the PC. The campaign was medicore but is worth a playthrough if you have the spare money and time to do so, but in my own opinion, Battlefield 3 won me over due to their team based multiplayer. Unlike games such as call of duty, me constantly dying never once frustrated me, I seemed to just laugh and brush it of as battlefield 3 allows you to enjoy the realism and scale of the multiplayer modes. However, I was again disappointed as maps as well as the amount of people per match were scaled down on consoles compared to the PC but that too was expected. Nonetheless, I must argue that if you have no one to play this with, just try rent it, as said, this is a team based multiplayer game, and with most team base games, you need at least a few friends or just the one to keep you satisfied. Expand
  75. Aug 13, 2012
    Battlefield 3's campaign is disappointing, but the multiplayer is amazing. This game may have the best MP, because It haves large maps, vehicles, and even warfare airplanes. And, the amazing Frostbite 2 engine, make this game beautiful to see with your eyes. Even sound design is improved. Just wished that the offline experience (single player), to be a success, not just a rip off campaignBattlefield 3's campaign is disappointing, but the multiplayer is amazing. This game may have the best MP, because It haves large maps, vehicles, and even warfare airplanes. And, the amazing Frostbite 2 engine, make this game beautiful to see with your eyes. Even sound design is improved. Just wished that the offline experience (single player), to be a success, not just a rip off campaign of COD, because of It's moments. 86 out of 100 Expand
  76. Aug 19, 2012
    Good campaign and alright multiplayer. I hate both Battlefield and Call Of Duty because of the annoying f%cking fanboys that need to stfu. This games is great but I prefer FPS games such as Killzone 3, Bioshock ,ect.
  77. Sep 25, 2012
    Just going to keep this short and sweet. Great game. Funnest FPS to date. Lots of people will disagree with me for 1 reason and 1 reason only. THEY ARE CALL OF DUTY LOVERS AND HATE EVERYTHING ELSE. That is why this game has over 5,000 0 - 3 ratings. This is way better. WAY bigger maps and more vehicles!
  78. Sep 17, 2012
    This game was a little disappointed with it as I thought Battlefield Bad Company 2 is better but this game is still worth a pickup. The Campaign is boring and the Co-Op is something DICE shouldn't do again. Online is fun but the PS3 version suffers from input lag.
  79. Nov 1, 2012
    Best FPS game of all time so far!! Bring the artform of FPS gaming into the wonderful world of entertainment to the fore. A great piece of multi dimensional gaming..amazing Multiplayer, big maps, vehicles, destruction..Thank you DICE!
  80. Nov 23, 2012
    Why a 0? Input lag simply causes too much interference on to many occasions. It is pretty ridiculous that something as essential as aiming in a FPS is troublesome... Worth the buy? No.
  81. Jan 21, 2013
    I loved this game when it came out, I played it for hours and hours and hours and apart from some technical glitches I had a great time, if I had written a review then I would have scored it a 10, HOWEVER.... Then EA/Dice came up with a greedy money making scheme and decided to rent out the games multiplayer servers to private users.... bad move guys because that single act of greed hasI loved this game when it came out, I played it for hours and hours and hours and apart from some technical glitches I had a great time, if I had written a review then I would have scored it a 10, HOWEVER.... Then EA/Dice came up with a greedy money making scheme and decided to rent out the games multiplayer servers to private users.... bad move guys because that single act of greed has ruined your game completely and as a result I will never play it online again. For that I give BF3 a big fat zero. Expand
  82. Nov 8, 2011
    This game is superior to Modern Warfare 2.5 in every way. This game has superior graphics and actually takes strategy. There are hardly any 8 year olds or hood trash online, Unlike Call of Duty: Rinse and Repeat 3.
  83. Nov 11, 2011
    Ratings based on:

Graphics:9 (considering the platform is 6 yrs old) Audio: 10 (realistic sound effects) Campaign:7 (Action packed, but felt fairly short compared wit of games of its nature) Multilayer:8 (Recon class nerf'ed badly when compared to the other classes/previous releases, assault could have used a gadget or two as well, not enough forest maps, maps seem slightly smaller
    Ratings based on:

Graphics:9 (considering the platform is 6 yrs old)

Audio: 10 (realistic sound effects)

Multilayer:8 (Recon class nerf'ed badly when compared to the other classes/previous releases, assault could have used a gadget or two as well, not enough forest maps, maps seem slightly smaller compared to there other releases)

Overall, The game felt like a 8, but i gave it a nine because they really customized it right down to the attachments/vehicles/camo suits, a lot of thought was put into this game, it would have earned a 10 if they had balanced out the classes more.

This game is a MUST HAVE if you are into first/3rd person shooter games.
  84. Nov 9, 2011
    Best Real Warfare game out there... forget about the MW2 upgrade game that is all smoke and mirrors, BF3 sound & graphics is just amazing, you feel like you are in the line of fire. Go get it, you wont be disappointed.
  85. Nov 10, 2011
    Good game with good multiplayer and good leveling up system. It really is a joy to play. It has really destructible environmental aspects and the graphics are awesome. The only thing I don't like is that it does not have local multiplayer. That is something I really like about COD. Otherwise a really good game.
  86. Nov 9, 2011
    Hello you lot. So you want to know whether BF3 is worth the money? The short answer is absolutely!! However, as you can read in all the other reviews no game is "perfect". All i will say is that compared to MW3 which is criminally lacking in originality, EA have not sat on their laurels but instead made an even better game. SP>>>The Single player is NOT why you buy BF3. If you did, wellHello you lot. So you want to know whether BF3 is worth the money? The short answer is absolutely!! However, as you can read in all the other reviews no game is "perfect". All i will say is that compared to MW3 which is criminally lacking in originality, EA have not sat on their laurels but instead made an even better game. SP>>>The Single player is NOT why you buy BF3. If you did, well maybe you are new to the franchise. Let's consider it an "extra" and leave it at that, it gets a 6/10 but it is by no means a bad SP , its jsut that compared to the MP it is linear, short and a little awkward - its just a different type of game a bit like when we all used to buy COD back in 2003 for the SP set in WW2, a little extra should not be so highly criticised in my humble opinion. MP>>>>>WOW. No other word comes close. It is at the same time, immersive, intense, exciting, rewarding and extrememly finely balanced. It allows you to adapt your skills, pick your way or charge in and the maps, which make or break an MP (see MW3 as an example of how bad maps can be the death of a game) are STUNNING. I dont want to bore you any more than this - for the first time in a while i dont feel ripped off, i feel like i paid good money for good work. It is a very rare thing to say that in the gaming industry these days....so pick up your rifle, your kit, get on that chopper and take the war to the enemy - you won't be disappointed. 9.5/10 Expand
  87. Nov 8, 2011
    I haven't played the solo campaign, but that's not why I bought the game. I've owned the game since the release date. After having played a few weeks I really enjoy it. I never played the older Battlefield titles and was a Call Of Duty junky. I think CoD has gotten stale, Battlefield adds a lot of interesting new twists. I was planning to buy CoD MW3 but it sounds like the stalenessI haven't played the solo campaign, but that's not why I bought the game. I've owned the game since the release date. After having played a few weeks I really enjoy it. I never played the older Battlefield titles and was a Call Of Duty junky. I think CoD has gotten stale, Battlefield adds a lot of interesting new twists. I was planning to buy CoD MW3 but it sounds like the staleness continues and I'm happy with Battlefield 3 so will probably pass. I really enjoy the class system used online and the gameplay overall. The maps are far more interesting than CoD maps have been. The perks for each class are divided up wisely and gives you the option to play strategically with your teammates if you want, but you can still go all Leroy Jenkins if the mood strikes and still have a lot of fun.

There are some bugs for sure, but nothing that ruins the game. I have yet to see a guy shooting me from underneath the map or inside a boulder like what always happens with CoD. I will be looking forward to patch updates to correct some things, especially Team Deathmatch spawn points. There is one particular map in Deathmatch where you can't spawn without being shot in the back 5 seconds later, but most of the other maps don't have as much of an issue because they're pretty large. The Battlelog web site is useful for keeping track of leveling/unlocks/stats and adds to the experience quite nicely. Overall I really enjoy the game and glad I made the switch.
  88. May 19, 2013
    Only played the single player, as in most cases, don't mind multiplayer. Well, the campaign is boring (so, it didn't feel short enough), the graphics are good, very good in some cases, but all of the caracthers suffers from severe photophobia. Even a lamppost in day light could affect your vision, blinding you. Other than that there is the fact that running doesn't require stamina at all,Only played the single player, as in most cases, don't mind multiplayer. Well, the campaign is boring (so, it didn't feel short enough), the graphics are good, very good in some cases, but all of the caracthers suffers from severe photophobia. Even a lamppost in day light could affect your vision, blinding you. Other than that there is the fact that running doesn't require stamina at all, you could run in circles all day without getting tired, the bodies os your enemies just vanish after a short time and you can't see your enemies. The gripe with this is that this game supposed to scream realism. Hence, the boringness. But is full of unrealistic things. Overall is a decent game, it kills time if you don't have anything better to do, but don't be sucked in the fanboy-ism who have becomed blind (for real) and would accept any game under certain titles. Everybody that fanatic to think this is 'the best game ever made', should review their concepts in order to not be fooled around so easy by an industry that is getting greedier and greedier. This game is an example of this, a most boring and generic shooter re-served over and over. As I stated, this is my view on single player. Haven't touched the multiplayer pass because i'm certainly trading it over. Expand
  89. Dec 16, 2011
    Battlefield 3 and Dice step up and in my mind easily top COD: MW3. The new Frostbite 2 engine enhanced the graphics and physics in the game. The story is good but it is to short to me and this is the main reason it got a 9 instead of 10. The multiplayer is great and is very easy to get into the game unlike COD were it has taken me over 10 minutes to join a COD online game. It is the better buy.
  90. Dec 15, 2012
    I really think this is the best FPS out there at the moment. COD doesn't even come close to how much depth this game has in the multiplayer. If you don't want to get around on foot, you have all the land and air vehicles. You can spend most of your time in vehicles if you want to. I think I have about 150 hours up in this game, and I don't think I'll be stopping any time soon. The latestI really think this is the best FPS out there at the moment. COD doesn't even come close to how much depth this game has in the multiplayer. If you don't want to get around on foot, you have all the land and air vehicles. You can spend most of your time in vehicles if you want to. I think I have about 150 hours up in this game, and I don't think I'll be stopping any time soon. The latest DLC Aftermath is the best one yet. All four maps are great. If you are bored of the same old same old with COD, give this game a go. Oh and there's some very cool guns! Expand
  91. Nov 9, 2011
    Let's get this out of the way, Modern warfare 3 will be the more popular game that will sell more copies but that doesn't make it a better game. Its similar to saying how the most popular movies aren't necessarily the best such as Harry Potter and Spiderman. But anyway, back to Battlefield 3. This game has a poor singleplayer and poor co-op but the multiplayer is some of the best I'veLet's get this out of the way, Modern warfare 3 will be the more popular game that will sell more copies but that doesn't make it a better game. Its similar to saying how the most popular movies aren't necessarily the best such as Harry Potter and Spiderman. But anyway, back to Battlefield 3. This game has a poor singleplayer and poor co-op but the multiplayer is some of the best I've played. From wide open landscapes to cramped urban areas, this game has excellent variety. This is the same for the modes, weapons and vehicles. It's also the most addictive battlefield game I've ever played due to the much better levelling up system. If you're here for great multiplayer this game is a MUST buy but if you're not this game isn't for you at all. Although the singleplayer is poor, it doesn't really matter, people probably won't even play it anyway. My problems with this game is the lacking co-op and the few techincal issues, but these few shortcomings are towered by the excellent and polished multiplayer. An amaing 9/10. Expand
  92. Nov 10, 2011
    Battlefield 3 deserves my vote for best FPS of the year by the intense multiplayer, great graphics, impressive next-generation textures and engine, and an outstanding sense of realism. Whenever I play the multiplayer modes, every shot, every kill, every role in a squad, vehicle, or team either turns the tide on the enemy or yourself. Battlefield 3 has very impressive maps on- and offline,Battlefield 3 deserves my vote for best FPS of the year by the intense multiplayer, great graphics, impressive next-generation textures and engine, and an outstanding sense of realism. Whenever I play the multiplayer modes, every shot, every kill, every role in a squad, vehicle, or team either turns the tide on the enemy or yourself. Battlefield 3 has very impressive maps on- and offline, with a decent campaign and co-op to boot. Frostbite 2 has no trouble showing off what it can do, and it is definitely among the best game engines of this gaming generation. I really hope the expansion (Back to Karkland) can expand upon the multiplayer experience by a factor. Expand
  93. Nov 21, 2011
    There are many FPS games now, maybe too many? but this one of the good ones. It is so fun when you got a bigger battlefield, makes it even better having Vehicles. It feels more like a military game, better than most FPS.
  94. Nov 9, 2011
    The graphics to the gameplay are amazing! The change in graphical engines is definitely noticed from the previous Battlefield! Warning, this game is addicting!!!
  95. Nov 9, 2011
    The Campaign was very bad, but I didn't buy Battlefield 3 for the campaign I got it for the multiplayer. The multiplayer is awesome. Get it and love it.
  96. Nov 8, 2011
    Battlefield 3 is a stunning game IMO. The campaign is on the short side (aren't most FPS's), but one the less it gives you the feeling that your in something much much bigger. Graphics are top notch (lots going on and lots of detail). The multi player tho is where its at with BF3.......awesome. Huge maps and a vast variety of ways to tackle your teams objectives. It feels solid and theBattlefield 3 is a stunning game IMO. The campaign is on the short side (aren't most FPS's), but one the less it gives you the feeling that your in something much much bigger. Graphics are top notch (lots going on and lots of detail). The multi player tho is where its at with BF3.......awesome. Huge maps and a vast variety of ways to tackle your teams objectives. It feels solid and the use of vehicles (choppers/boats/tanks etc) is brilliant.
    MW3 is great, solid single player and solid multi player, but BF3 is solid single player and amazing multi player. MW3 feels a little sluggish in its movements to me when put next to BF3.
    If you can own both......do it, both have something to bring to the table. If you can only afford 1, my pick is BF3 hands down! Its a more polished package.
  97. Nov 10, 2011
    my jaw dropped when i put this in my disc drive. amazing. best game ever. best graphics ever. best gameplay. best weapons hysics. stupid cod fanboys rating this down, I love this game.
  98. Nov 9, 2011
    If you're buying Battlefield 3, you only do it for multiplayer, which is great (more about it later). The campaign has some interesting and cool moments, but the AI is extremely painful - all enemies are absolutely stupid, yet they always know where you are hiding if you are in front of them - talk about lazy programming.

The graphics are a mixture of awesomeness and disappointment. The

The graphics are a mixture of awesomeness and disappointment. The lighting system is really impressive, however I hate fighting when it's dark as everything blends together. Moreover many elements seem fuzzy and pixelated. Character animation is very good.

Multiplayer is great - addictive and focuses on team play. If you have played a lot of CoD before, you need some time to get use to the new way of playing. You actually kill less frequently and have to think more about your strategy, however this in return gives you more satisfaction. For example, team deathmatch is actually TEAM deathmatch, as opposed to CoD, where it's usually "every man for himself".

Vehicles add a lot to the gameplay. Classes are balanced nicely and actually force some players to think tactically.

Overall, the game is pretty good, it's just a shame that the campaign is a disappointment.
  99. Feb 19, 2013
    Why do reviewers have to be extremists? There are those giving it 0s and other bad scores. They are just trolls, thinking EA is Lucifer or something. And there are those who give in 10s, thinking this game is flawless, and that EA is a saint. Anyway, on to my review. The singleplayer game...LOL...what singleplayer game? That is irrelevant when it come to Battlefield. Multiplayer is theWhy do reviewers have to be extremists? There are those giving it 0s and other bad scores. They are just trolls, thinking EA is Lucifer or something. And there are those who give in 10s, thinking this game is flawless, and that EA is a saint. Anyway, on to my review. The singleplayer game...LOL...what singleplayer game? That is irrelevant when it come to Battlefield. Multiplayer is the reason to play this game. It's deep, fun and epic. Just don't take you run-and-gun tactics here. But here is my biggest complaint: the DLC. I bought this game for Christmas 2011, and last year they re-released the game with Premium. That's right, you get the game and Premium (all DLC) for $60 now. Everyone else must pay $50 for Premium. That's a total of $110 we spend. That's what I don't like about EA. But anyway, now is a perfect time to get it. The past is past. Oh, and if have a behemoth of a PC, you should get the PC version instead. Not that the console games are bad. I don't have a powerful PC, I have the PS3 version, yet both are good where they are. Expand
  100. Dec 12, 2011
    Battlefield 3 is Amazing "IF" you have friends to play it with. Without a squad you'll probably win 4/10 Games. So if you have friends that bought Battlefield 3 play with them it's Really fun

1. Feb 10, 2012
    Hopefully EA reconsiders its approach to toppling Call Of Duty in the future, and allows its games to develop their own personality, rather than imitate something else.
  2. Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)
    Jan 4, 2012
    Despite its incredible competitive online play, we can't ignore the shortcomings of its campaign and Co-Op. [Jan 2012, p.66]
  3. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Jan 2, 2012
    The nine multiplayer maps seem to be designed specifically to let players come up with their own creative strategies. Compared to COD, this gives the player a real sense of freedom. There is no such thing as a perfect strategy or a trotten path. [December 2011, p.74]