Battlefield 3 PlayStation 3

7.4

1. Dec 16, 2012
    In my opinion, it would be nice to have some offline multiplayer or co-op capabilities like that in CoD, but no other game I've ever played comes even half as close to the immersive online world that Battlefield presents. In short, is the only FPS game I ever need to play online. It's just that good
  2. Nov 8, 2011
    A fantastic addition to the FPS genre! This is the first Battlefield game I have played and I must say that I am impressed with the overall design of the game. The level of customization for your soldier and classes without the annoying perk system from Call of Duty is refreshing. The level of variety is amazing from vaulting over obstacles, to piloting aircraft, driving a tank, operatingA fantastic addition to the FPS genre! This is the first Battlefield game I have played and I must say that I am impressed with the overall design of the game. The level of customization for your soldier and classes without the annoying perk system from Call of Duty is refreshing. The level of variety is amazing from vaulting over obstacles, to piloting aircraft, driving a tank, operating AA guns, Using the environment to your tactical advantage, or simply running and gunning makes this game one well rounded treat. It doesn't hurt that the visuals are fantastic as well! Expand
  3. Nov 10, 2011
    Very good game. Some new stuff and better graphics and tighter game play than previous games from Battlefield. The campaign is short and easy, but this game is about MP, which is a good as it gets. There is no better multiplayer war game. If you have BF:BC2 then you have 80% of this game and may decide to pass on this, but it is still a great game and almost worth the $60 it cost me. iVery good game. Some new stuff and better graphics and tighter game play than previous games from Battlefield. The campaign is short and easy, but this game is about MP, which is a good as it gets. There is no better multiplayer war game. If you have BF:BC2 then you have 80% of this game and may decide to pass on this, but it is still a great game and almost worth the $60 it cost me. i would like to see more innovation and improvement for my hard earned money so I give it a 9.0. Two years ago it would have been a 10.0. Forget movi_fan's review, he thinks this is Bad Company 3 which it is not. Expand
  4. Nov 9, 2011
    My favorite game in the battlefield series is bc2. The game had hilarious characters, a great physics system, and movie-like pacing. The multiplayer had a great sense of teamwork, like all battlefield games, and the controls were greatly improved from DICEs last game. When I went into Battlefield 3, I expected an advancement of the last bad company game, but bf3 is an entirely differentMy favorite game in the battlefield series is bc2. The game had hilarious characters, a great physics system, and movie-like pacing. The multiplayer had a great sense of teamwork, like all battlefield games, and the controls were greatly improved from DICEs last game. When I went into Battlefield 3, I expected an advancement of the last bad company game, but bf3 is an entirely different game, combining elements of all the previous battlefield games. The destruction system in the campaign was not as vast as bc2, but is more cosmetic and overall a nice take on modern game physics. It may need polish, but it does a good job of showing off the engines dynamic lighting and physics. The multiplayer is a great experience and free dlc with the limited addition doesn't hurt either. The co-op lacks depth, but its still a fun playthrough with a friend and overall the game is worth its price. The pc version is the best, the ps3 version is great, and the xbox 360 version manages to hold up okay as well. I know some people might not have had their desires filled by the hype of this game, but for battlefield fans in general, it is a great title and a great successor to the franchise. Expand
  5. Nov 8, 2011
    a little disappointment with the input lag on controls and the horrible voice chat, but you can see the potential this game have once they fix these problems.
    it's distressful to trace a target with the input lag, so I'll wait until they fix this.
    everything else is great thou
  6. Nov 30, 2011
    incredible exoerience. buy it! Top notch graphics, beautiful enviroments, excellent and realistic sound effects. And a really superb, fun, action packed and strategy based gameplay with really good single player and co-op modes and just an awesome multiplayer mode with so much freedom of choice and tons of unlockables, make Battlefield 3 one of best first person shooters available in theincredible exoerience. buy it! Top notch graphics, beautiful enviroments, excellent and realistic sound effects. And a really superb, fun, action packed and strategy based gameplay with really good single player and co-op modes and just an awesome multiplayer mode with so much freedom of choice and tons of unlockables, make Battlefield 3 one of best first person shooters available in the market right now and makes it a must buy for any fan of the FPS genre. Expand
  7. Nov 8, 2011
    On PC Battlefield 3 is incredible. On the PS3, though, it feels clunky. They tried so hard to NOT be CoD that they avoided using some of the things that CoD mastered in multiplayer gameplay. I will keep playing it, but only when I need a break from MW3.
  8. Dec 15, 2011
    This game looks amazing on ps3. The multiplayer was fine the graphic are fine and the story was fine too. The only thing i hate about it that multiplayer was a bit glitchy. Still the game is amazing.
  9. Nov 7, 2011
    Fantastic game! I was a big fan of BC2 & it did take some time to get used to this game but its definitely one to persevere with. No cod comparisons coming here, I stopped playing after cod4 as they're all just run & gun games - which is good for half an hour but soon gets boring. Battlefield on the other hand will have you hooked for months on end, blowing buildings up with the frostbiteFantastic game! I was a big fan of BC2 & it did take some time to get used to this game but its definitely one to persevere with. No cod comparisons coming here, I stopped playing after cod4 as they're all just run & gun games - which is good for half an hour but soon gets boring. Battlefield on the other hand will have you hooked for months on end, blowing buildings up with the frostbite 2 engine. DICE you rule! Expand
  10. Nov 8, 2011
    Really awesome game. Everything about this game is amazing. The campaign, while short, had an interesting story and was pretty realistic. I was into it. Co-op is fun because you get to unlock new weapons for use in multiplayer. Multiplayer itself looks and sounds amazing. The graphics are beautiful, the maps look fantastic. Heck, even the guns and character models look great. Every singleReally awesome game. Everything about this game is amazing. The campaign, while short, had an interesting story and was pretty realistic. I was into it. Co-op is fun because you get to unlock new weapons for use in multiplayer. Multiplayer itself looks and sounds amazing. The graphics are beautiful, the maps look fantastic. Heck, even the guns and character models look great. Every single explosion and gunshot in this game makes it seem like you're actually there on the battlefield. Buy this game. Expand
  11. Nov 8, 2011
    excellent shooter, light years ahead of cod excellent graphics excellent gameplay an unparalleled experience imho. get this now before it sells out. i cant find any flaws in this game
  12. Nov 8, 2011
    Truly a magnificent game, the result of a lot of hard work from a load of sweeds, building a game from the ground up since the release of Battlefield: Bad Company 2, and it shows. Its multiplayer is the most enjoyable, visually pleasing experience. Its not without its faults, little things like objective markers take up a little too much space on screen, the aiming needs a little tweaking,Truly a magnificent game, the result of a lot of hard work from a load of sweeds, building a game from the ground up since the release of Battlefield: Bad Company 2, and it shows. Its multiplayer is the most enjoyable, visually pleasing experience. Its not without its faults, little things like objective markers take up a little too much space on screen, the aiming needs a little tweaking, and some players expected a little more destruction (well the can look forward to what that little team at DICE who did the Back to Karkand maps because they have promised full on destruction so can't wait for that), but these faults are completely overshadowed by how good the rest of the game is, the sound, the graphics, the destruction (thats there), the maps, the teamwork, the add ons, how every weapon acts differently with every different attachment... its just the ducks nuts... I went out this morning (Tues 8th November) to buy MW3, and I did... brought it home, saw it was THE worst game/biggest disappointment I've ever experienced, took it out of my ps3 put it back in its box and returned it traded it in for batman, so hopefully someone buys that game second hand just so those money grubbing d**ks don't get any more money...

end of,

Summary: Buy Battlefield 3
  13. Nov 28, 2011
    Battlefield 3 built up hype like a snowball running down a hill in the arctic and then release hit. It had a lot to live up to, I loved BC2 personally that is my favourite online game of all time. It captured those "Battlefield Moments" like the other day (on Battlefield 3) the attakers on rush had seven death tickets left and we were on our last MCOM station in Rush game mode and I wasBattlefield 3 built up hype like a snowball running down a hill in the arctic and then release hit. It had a lot to live up to, I loved BC2 personally that is my favourite online game of all time. It captured those "Battlefield Moments" like the other day (on Battlefield 3) the attakers on rush had seven death tickets left and we were on our last MCOM station in Rush game mode and I was defending. They set the charge. Oh no Game over i thought but then soomething swept across me; a defiance; a determination to win it for my time and I turned the corner as a wall got blown up next to me shaking the camera and I sprayed a clip into the blurrs I saw on the screen. Then points after points came up. Triple kill, defender, savior e.t.c. I then diffused the charge much to the relief of my team mates and my friend shouted across the mike f***ing awesome. Of course I knew it. But usually you get these moments at least once a match and I love them. The single player although very well executed feels a bit linear and less freedom is given although the storytelling is a lot better than MW's so called "plot". Overall I love this game but if you're looking for an amazing single player experience look elsewhere but to all you online gamers. Ditch the shackles of COD and not only call in the airstrike. Be the airstrike. Expand
  14. Nov 8, 2011
    well how can i put this amazing.the best battlefield yet its hard at first but u will get use to it and destroy everything this game is totally worth the 60 dollars i recommend it
  15. Nov 8, 2011
    Most realistic FPS ever created. Frostbite engine 2 is a really impressive game engine, the user experience is awesome. Suppression is genius, every FPS should have it.
  16. Nov 9, 2011
    The best Battlefield experience yet. The sound is beautiful. The graphics are beautiful. The gameplay is great. The multiplayer is AWESOME. At launch there were server issues that are still getting ironed out. DICE recognizes that friends tend to get split up when joining a game together. And some other minor things that aren't worth mentioning. I would have been GREAT if DICE hadThe best Battlefield experience yet. The sound is beautiful. The graphics are beautiful. The gameplay is great. The multiplayer is AWESOME. At launch there were server issues that are still getting ironed out. DICE recognizes that friends tend to get split up when joining a game together. And some other minor things that aren't worth mentioning. I would have been GREAT if DICE had included a bot zone so you could learn to fly a jet or helicopter without the frustration of being shot down. I've logged several hours and still haven't shot down a single thing in the jet. And I'm still learning to fly a helo. These things keep this game from being a perfect 10 Expand
  17. Nov 8, 2011
    Battlefield 3 is a very fun and addicting game. You will be hooked to this for a long time. It is a worthy competitor to Call of Duty, just as Modern Warfare 3 is a worthy competitor to Battlefield. A quintessential game this holiday season which will keep you entertained and absorbed for hours upon end.
  18. Nov 8, 2011
    A good shooter. Which is why it is a 7. While realism has improved dramatically, and it is visually appealing, it only gets a 7 because it is just another shooter. Nothing innovative in the entertainment part of the game, it is just a realistic shooter.
  19. Jul 31, 2013
    Battlefield 3 is one of the most realistic games ever made. A must buy for any FPS fan. Bad company 2 was a really great game, but this is just even better. A must buy.
  20. Nov 8, 2011
    Great game, very fun to play. All attachments can really be usefull depending on what load out you choose to play with. Graphics are really great on all platforms, remember to watch your squads back and always provide support, and you in turn will receive support. See you on the battlefield!
  21. Nov 8, 2011
    Amazing game, Single player as you would expect. Story, action, destruction and killing. Multiplayer - AMAZING. Everything you want in a multiplayer shooter. Open warfare maps, destruction, teamplay, EPIC sound, and "mind blowing" gameplay. Oh yeh and vehicles !!! Vehicles, need I say more. Look up into the sky with your abram tank, embed a shell into the side of an Apache gunship.Amazing game, Single player as you would expect. Story, action, destruction and killing. Multiplayer - AMAZING. Everything you want in a multiplayer shooter. Open warfare maps, destruction, teamplay, EPIC sound, and "mind blowing" gameplay. Oh yeh and vehicles !!! Vehicles, need I say more. Look up into the sky with your abram tank, embed a shell into the side of an Apache gunship. Brilliant. Bottom line, this is the big boy shooter, Yeh MW3 will get all the hype and sales. But technically, acclaim and design. Battlefield 3 wins.

Graphics are stunning, Sound is well... DICE. Epic as usual.

A few online bugs here and there, but that is to be expected with a big FPS ip. A patch which I'm sure is incoming will fix most things. Then we have the map-pack which is getting released in december.
  22. Nov 8, 2011
    Great game. To be honest, I don't buy shooters for the story. So therefore this is based entirely on the multiplayer aspect. The multiplayer is rewarding and fun, but it takes actually skill and strategy to win a game.
  23. Nov 8, 2011
    Battlefield 3 is a game hoping to achieve respect by all gamers and game reviewers. I think it does. But it falls flat in some areas of the game.
    The campain for Battlefield 3 feels half assed and unrealistic. The whole thing feels like black ops and has no creativity what so ever, just go in a room and shoot people.
    I could tell that DICE didnt focus as much on the singleplayer as it did
    I could tell that DICE didnt focus as much on the singleplayer as it did with the multiplayer. The multiplayer has great polish and works like a charm. The leveling up system is great and the maps are big and beautifal. i would recemend buying this game used.
  24. Nov 8, 2011
    My review is a bit long and I don't get to all of my points so if you'd like to just skip to the bottom my scores are there :)

note* the math at the bottom does not add up because I weight certain aspects as more important than others. Im going to be honest here, I never finished the single player. Not because it was bad, it was...decent. But the multiplayer drew me in soon after I

Im going to be honest here, I never finished the single player. Not because it was bad, it was...decent. But the multiplayer drew me in soon after I got home with the game. I got about halfway through and it was good although more in a history channel special sort of way rather than an action movie. The first co-op mission was good but I couldn't find anyone who didn't crash the helicopter so I didn't get passed the second one, so I don't have alot to say about it.

Now to the multiplayer. It is...actually not the same as in bc2, it feels different. More focused. Better. The game has a good mix of slow tactical aspects as well as fast paced action with the distinced maps paving the way for very varied gameplay. The classes I feel are more balanced than in really any other BF game to date and I personally like the assault class having the job of medic although it makes the support class less usefull than it used to be.

Now, there are issues. There is the occasional glitch and I've seen a bit of lag now and then (although not much) I also think that jets with a 24 player count doesn't really add up with the jets spending most of there time dealing only with other jets and every once and a while a helicopter (I have yet to be killed by a jet other than when in one) so they almost seem to take away players from the game. I also think the BC2 helicopter controls were better and in BF3 it really limits there mobility but maybe that's better since I see less dominance than in BC2. One thing I was pleasantly surprised about what the vechicle disabling, I was a little worried about this being almost ineffective when I first heard about it but I think it offers a good way of mixing infantry and vechicle combat.

Oh and the graphics are very good although not PC level and is honestly a little outshined by the excellent sound (and honestly, the quiet is very impressive in an of itself.)

Overall I think this is a game that will keep alot of people happy for a very long time especially if DICE delivers on it's "3 times as much DLC as BC2" claim.

SP: 7/10
    MP: 9.5/10
    Battlelog: 8/10
    Community: 8/10
    Lasting appeal: 9/10

Overall: 9/10
  25. Nov 8, 2011
    +++/-Due to the realistic nature of Battlefield 3 there is a lack of the adrenaline pumping action found in other franchises such as, the Modern Warfare series but overall the narrative was good. Compared to Modern Warfare, Battlefield 3's multiplayer is somewhat slower but can build some tense moments when your team is struggling for an objective to receive more tickets. The classic+++/-Due to the realistic nature of Battlefield 3 there is a lack of the adrenaline pumping action found in other franchises such as, the Modern Warfare series but overall the narrative was good. Compared to Modern Warfare, Battlefield 3's multiplayer is somewhat slower but can build some tense moments when your team is struggling for an objective to receive more tickets. The classic Battlefield classes are back, which creates more of a team emphasized multiplayer experience and it is not irregular to have a teammate heal you, offer you ammo, or repair your vehicle as there is a point incentive to do so. Vehicles make getting around the large maps easier and enhance the overall experience as jets scream by overhead and tanks roar past you as you try to capture an objective. Although the vehicles provide a unique experience, they also seem to deter the attention of some players as to what the real objectives are. There are two ways in which Dice tries to reduce camping one is a kill cam, and the other, a red triangle that appears above any enemy player who fires their weapon or is spotted by another teammate. Regardless though, due to the large maps, it is inevitable and is an effective skill to be honed. Perks are generally not too overpowering. Overall the multiplayer pace is slower than Modern Warfare's and is less arcade-esc but I am learning this isn't necessarily a bad thing. Due to the slow nature it gives me time to appreciate the details, the pluses and minuses of every weapon. For example when I was sniping from a good distance, I used a faster semi-auto rifle and the accuracy was worse and the bullet drop was greater than when I used the bolt action rifle(keep in mind this is not the case with all the rifles). This usually does not occur in faster paced multiplayer games. Battlefield 3 also endorses more team based play. Giving you points to help your fellow teammates and allowing you to spawn on squad members. This game is great and I do suggest it if you are sick of the same old same old first person shooter. Expand
  26. Nov 8, 2011
    So wanted this to be a 10/10 game, but not quite there. The graphics, sound, and gameplay are astounding. The story in the campaign, though, leaves alot to be desired. Very dull and bland. But, nobody is playing this for the campaign anyways. The multiplayer is the major draw and it is phenomenal. Everything feels smooth, intuitive and easy, from bringing up your barrel to aim downSo wanted this to be a 10/10 game, but not quite there. The graphics, sound, and gameplay are astounding. The story in the campaign, though, leaves alot to be desired. Very dull and bland. But, nobody is playing this for the campaign anyways. The multiplayer is the major draw and it is phenomenal. Everything feels smooth, intuitive and easy, from bringing up your barrel to aim down the sites to running and jumping through windows (there is some small glitchiness with getting stuck on little things, but it's really not a big a deal). The maps are varied and stunning. The weapons all seem balanced once you level up a couple of times. And best of all, there is little lag and inaccuracy in the hit markers (which is what killed COD for me, Black Ops is literally one of the worst FPS I've ever played). There are a couple of qualms with the MP, though. The inability to cook grenades is annoying, although I can understand the reasoning behind it. The loadouts lack a bit in the customization department. And the menus are a bit counter intuitive (really, I can't just easily jump out of a game at the load screen?). These slight problems, and the lackluster campaign mode, knock it down a bit, but it's still the best FPS I've played in years, and quite possibly the best game I've played in a couple of years as well. Expand
  27. Nov 9, 2011
    Let me start of by saying that the hype generated before the game was launched was not justified by the end product. Don't Get me wrong, this is not at all a bad game, just that the over hype and the PC footage killed it. The Single Campaign was short and the story in it looked like it was taken from a cheap military film. But the lighting was top notch in this game. The were also a lot ofLet me start of by saying that the hype generated before the game was launched was not justified by the end product. Don't Get me wrong, this is not at all a bad game, just that the over hype and the PC footage killed it. The Single Campaign was short and the story in it looked like it was taken from a cheap military film. But the lighting was top notch in this game. The were also a lot of pop in issues that i noticed in the game , and there were a few texture issues that i found. At Certain points, i found that the textures reminded me of the old battlefield 2. This all said and done, this series was never intended as a single player game. The game excelled in its multiplayer format. And there is one thing to say about it. Its Top Notch. Its only other contender in MP would be Uncharted 3(Though it belongs to a different genere, the are comparable to a certain extent.). The game play style is team and objective based and not kill based. The key thing that is required is not skill with the weapon, but team bonding and dynamics. Strategy and Flanking is required in the game. All in all this game is a must buy for everyone to enjoy a good MP Expand
  28. Nov 9, 2011
    Lets begin by saying BFBC2 was the 1st BF game I played. I've always played COD. With that said the single player is short and imho just annoying. But that's not why we bought the game did we? The multiplayer portion is addictively fun. The maps are huge and memorable. The weapon selection is great. But not everything is perfect. But the complaints are minimal such as some op weapons,Lets begin by saying BFBC2 was the 1st BF game I played. I've always played COD. With that said the single player is short and imho just annoying. But that's not why we bought the game did we? The multiplayer portion is addictively fun. The maps are huge and memorable. The weapon selection is great. But not everything is perfect. But the complaints are minimal such as some op weapons, knifing, and opponents just doing cheap things. But that's in all games. Also this game opened the flood gates with the different camos proving you don't have to be the same to play, which hopefully leads to full customization in future installments. Good game. Expand
  29. Nov 9, 2011
    This game is a ton of fun and I'm enjoying it more than I ever did with COD. Me and a couple of friends have been playing nightly and its a blast, there's so many epic moments. And don't listen to what critics are saying about singleplayer and bringing the score down. The fact that they even added singleplayer should be a treat enough. Battlefield is and always will be a multiplayer game.
  30. Nov 9, 2011
    The only score this game is worthy of is 10 out of 10. The tactical gameplay is amazing. It is very realistic and the graphics are top notch, especially if you play on PC. I have copies on PC and Xbox360 and both are perfect. The only thing missing is someone actually shooting you with paintball guns in real life while you get shot in the game. It's that good. I have to compare it to MW3The only score this game is worthy of is 10 out of 10. The tactical gameplay is amazing. It is very realistic and the graphics are top notch, especially if you play on PC. I have copies on PC and Xbox360 and both are perfect. The only thing missing is someone actually shooting you with paintball guns in real life while you get shot in the game. It's that good. I have to compare it to MW3 as it is the biggest rival. MW3 doesn't even come close to comparison in terms of strategic gameplay, sounds, map quality/size and realism. I don't think they should even be in the same catagory. MW3 is an arcade shooter with the same old stuff as the older games, where as BF3 combines a lot more with a brand new engine. MW3 is just run, shoot, die over and over again. BF3 is: flank, hide in building for a bit, kill some guys, try to find more cover, find a nice sniping spot, help your team mates. The vehicles are quality as well, not to mention all of the equipment like EOD bots. MW3 is a childs version of BF3. Play MW3 if you want to train in ultra fast close combat that may assist you in BF3. When you think you're ready to be a man, get BF3 and get your tactical head on. Buy BF3. I have played both games and used to love both COD and BF. But it seems COD has nothing new, where as battlefield has. Destructable buildings/walls are also lovely in BF3, the shooting realism of actually shooting in front and above a distant running enemy is so good.. Buy it... See for youself. Hope this review is ok :S First I've ever wrote tbh... Expand
  31. Nox
    Nov 9, 2011
    The campaign was unoriginal in my opinion. It was fun and immersive in some missions but in others it felt distant and apathetic. The Co-op missions are great, better than the campaign in my opinion. The multiplayer is one of the best ones i've played. Can't actually say anything negative about the multiplayer, it's amazing. Beautiful graphics (even if it looks a little less beautiful onThe campaign was unoriginal in my opinion. It was fun and immersive in some missions but in others it felt distant and apathetic. The Co-op missions are great, better than the campaign in my opinion. The multiplayer is one of the best ones i've played. Can't actually say anything negative about the multiplayer, it's amazing. Beautiful graphics (even if it looks a little less beautiful on console), The best sound quality and design ever, All thanks to Frostbite Engine 2. Pick this one up. Expand
  32. Nov 9, 2011
    This will talk about Multiplayer only. I've only played the multiplayer portion of all the BF series.

Game unlocks will be discussed but since you can view everything from the beginning, I didn't tick the may contain spoilers box. The game is very gripping. Even thou the console version looks dated compared to the pc version which supports 60 player battles. DICE did a wonderful job scaling the action down to fit any number from 24 down to squad 4 vs 4 battles. The action is intense and well balanced. The CQ of BF1/BF2 hoarding is gone with the addition of a flak suit that helps you survive explosive damage. The addition of laser and flashlights to your guns adds a lovely balance between distraction and if you use it you can give your position away. The way all the classes were reworked to give you a broader usage for each class is fantastic. Support can take out tanks using C4 explosives. The engineer can equip mines and rocket launchers at the same time. The Recon can go nuts with mobile spawn points and motion trackers. The assault is also the medic. Overall the game emphasis team work at the same time you can go lone ranger if you wish. The mix of multiplayer maps is very nice, from inner city battles to hill sides to deserts. It offers a good mix of environments to dish out some damage. The lovely Frost Bite Engine 2.0 with destruction in the environments is always nice. Destroying a building and killing all the campers inside will always put a big grin on your face.

The use of weapons is very satisfying. you can feel the heft of every gun and the way the modifications add to the weapon. From grips to sights, lasers to flash lights. It expands greatly on what you want to do with a weapon and how you approach the level. The way the knifing animation works is a nice touch lifted straight from Halo Reach's assassination idea. It freaks you out when you see someone else face then you get the killed via knife icons. The embarrassment is huge, it makes seeking out revenge even sweeter. As always bullet drop makes landing a headshot from over 250 meters a feat of skill. It rewards skillful play and since the other team and spot you. You have to be very tactical on when to strike.

Player animation is so nice. The way you can vault over things adds so much to the flow of the game. The way you drop to prone position is also very cool. Overall the game is pretty enjoyable online. The action is intense. The weapons are fantastic. The levels are varied and nice. The console version has less players but the action is still excellent. The only downside is that if you have a weak team, the other team tends to camp at the spawn point for the team destroying you to bits. that is only in conquest mode. Go buy the game and enjoy fantastic, scary action.
  33. Nov 9, 2011
    I have been playing the COD series since the beginning. I love the fast paced action. I purchased MW3 and started to play, but for me, I became rather bored. It's just the same game play as all the rest. I decided to move on to BF3, and WOW! For me, it's nice to play a game that's team orientated and I love the large maps. The controls for me are odd (because I'm used to COD controls) butI have been playing the COD series since the beginning. I love the fast paced action. I purchased MW3 and started to play, but for me, I became rather bored. It's just the same game play as all the rest. I decided to move on to BF3, and WOW! For me, it's nice to play a game that's team orientated and I love the large maps. The controls for me are odd (because I'm used to COD controls) but it will take some time getting used to. I sold my version of MW3 and I'm looking forward to more battles in BF3. Definitely worth the switch. Expand
  34. Nov 9, 2011
    I've been playing this game for about a solid week now, and I've got to say it lives up to expectations. The game has stellar graphics, great multiplayer, and great support from a great developer. DICE took what was good about BF2 and revamped it with a more fine tuned and better balanced gameplay. The multiplayer is where this game truly shines since multiplayer is where the heart ofI've been playing this game for about a solid week now, and I've got to say it lives up to expectations. The game has stellar graphics, great multiplayer, and great support from a great developer. DICE took what was good about BF2 and revamped it with a more fine tuned and better balanced gameplay. The multiplayer is where this game truly shines since multiplayer is where the heart of battlefield has always been. The campaign while not super, gets the job done as being a bonus to the thick of the content that is mutiplayer. There is also a Co-op mode that is quite a lot of fun when done with a partner online. Overall this game, to me, has lived up to the extensive hype placed upon itself over the years. 10/10 for sure! Expand
  35. Nov 9, 2011
    I had my hopes set high for Battlefield 3, and it somehow surpassed those expectations. Single-Player was fantastic, I am already on my third play-through, and I am still enjoying it. first time playing through had me on the edge of my seat (sometimes literally) waiting to see what was going to happen next. I had my fair share of getting a bit annoyed at dying a few times in a row, but,I had my hopes set high for Battlefield 3, and it somehow surpassed those expectations. Single-Player was fantastic, I am already on my third play-through, and I am still enjoying it. first time playing through had me on the edge of my seat (sometimes literally) waiting to see what was going to happen next. I had my fair share of getting a bit annoyed at dying a few times in a row, but, who doesn't? Yes, most of you out there will be saying "Who buys a Battlefield game for the story, for the Single-Player?", well, I do. Not mainly of course, mainly its for the Multi-Player. Speaking of which, the Multi-Player is what you would expect from a Battlefield game, pure awesomeness. There are some bugs/glitches, but none that are game breaking or make you think "this game was rushed". The sounds are fantastic and really feel real, especially in 5.1 Surround sound. I actually died a few times the first time I played, with Helicopters and jets flying over, and the sounds that came out of my speakers held me speechless.

With the shear amount of unlocks, and for me, replay-ability of the Single-player, I don't hesitate one second to give Battlefield 3 a 10/10

10/10 for Single-player
    10/10 for Multi-player
  36. Nov 9, 2011
    If you are reading my review and expecting me to compare BF3 to MW3.. then look elsewhere. I haven't played MW3, and don't plan to for some time. I'm a BF2 vet who sold Black Ops less then 24 hours after purchasing. WHY!? Because Battlefield fits MY style of play and enjoyment. Now that that is out of the way let us talk about BF3. It's a great game but like any other game, hasIf you are reading my review and expecting me to compare BF3 to MW3.. then look elsewhere. I haven't played MW3, and don't plan to for some time. I'm a BF2 vet who sold Black Ops less then 24 hours after purchasing. WHY!? Because Battlefield fits MY style of play and enjoyment. Now that that is out of the way let us talk about BF3. It's a great game but like any other game, has issues. The single player is ok, but is basically no different then any other FPS single player. The story line doesn't feel real unique, but is enjoyable. The single play is worth playing for just the sound though! The sound in this game is phenomenal!!!!! I am an individual who has been in the military and fired plenty of guns. The gun sounds, explosions, tank shots, etcetera in this game hit you in the chest. I can't say enough about how great the sound is in this game. Graphically the game is wonderful, with a few (very few) head scratchers every now and then. Graphics for me isn't a big deal though. Yes graphics are awesome, but I'd much rather have a game that plays good and has a good gaming experience, then a game that blows my mind graphically. What DICE has done with the new engine in this game works very well though. My only real complaint with the graphics though, is the lighting. It's not that the lighting is bad, sometimes it's just too much. This stands true in multi-player too. Which helps move this review to the meat, bones, and potatoes (now I'm hungry) of BF3. The multi-player!!!!! This is where BF3 shines the most and the best. First and foremost, it feels like BF2... but different. I know that may sound odd, but that's the best I can explain it. Of course you all probably know that there are guns, explosives, tanks, helicopters (get to da choppa), planes, and destructible environments. But that is just the beginning. BF3 is the ultimate package of multiple experiences in one sitting and/or one round. In one round of conquest or rush, you can launch morters, drive a tank, fly a plane, arm an m-com, get in a fire fight with another team/squad, and I could seriously go on for another 10 minutes. This right here is what makes BF3, BATTLEFIELD 3. To surprise, this isn't for everyone. If you are a run and gun type of person. Then steer clear of BF3, it's not for you. This is a game where strategy means everything. Just because you can shoot faster then me, doesn't mean you or your team is going to win. Now that I've rambled on and on about this game I'm going to rate it based on the two following scores: Single player = 8.4/10 and Multiplayer = 9.4/10. With an overall score of roughly 9/10. Last but not least I want everyone to see this last comment: WHEN YOU ARE PLAYING THIS GAME, SPOT PEOPLE! SPOT! SPOT! SPOT! Expand
  37. Nov 9, 2011
    I have watched all of the trailers, gameplay and I have played the beta. I was really excited about this game and I couldn't wait for it. I've now played it and it is pretty good with very few flaws to account for.
    Singleplayer: The singleplayer is blockbuster style,with a story about Srgnt. Blackburn being interrogated about his actions as a U.S Marine soldier. As you play the singleplayer, You play through Blackbourn's flashbacks (and some other soldiers as well). You fight against an army named the PLR. Overall, the story is good, but not the best. It feels a little like "cod", with most of the firefights being in close quarters. The story is not the best, but still worth playing.
    Co-Op: This is a new mode to the battlefield series, wit most missions about completing objectives.
    With only two players and no med packs and ammo to deal out though it feels like the element of teamwork is practically nonexistent. The mode though was extremly fun and tense.
    Multiplayer: Ah yes, the multiplayer, I have played a decent amount of conquest and it is amazing, although some maps have more close combat gameplay like Operation Metro and Grand Bazaar. The leveling up system is brilliant pulling me back to the multiplayer every time.Not only that but the sense of teamwork, gun play and vehicles brings me back as well. The guns feel great and are balanced perfectly.
    Presentation: Let't get this out of the way: the graphics are brilliant. They are really immersive and they set a whole new standard in fps. The sound is outstanding, making me feel like I am in an actual warzone. Aside from a coulple of glitches, brilliant presentation. Final score: Brilliant multiplayer, good Co-oP but a rather disappointing singleplayer. 9.6/10
  38. Nov 9, 2011
    Unlike BFBC2, BF3 came out of its shell and amazed the console gaming community. The best online shooter to date, and the game people will be playing and talking about until the next one releases. This is the year that a shooter will pass up the CoD franchise, and become the best buy on the market. The game runs so smoothly, with virtually no lag, and outstanding graphics and gameplay. TheUnlike BFBC2, BF3 came out of its shell and amazed the console gaming community. The best online shooter to date, and the game people will be playing and talking about until the next one releases. This is the year that a shooter will pass up the CoD franchise, and become the best buy on the market. The game runs so smoothly, with virtually no lag, and outstanding graphics and gameplay. The large extensive maps, realistic and fun to use vehicles, and large array of unlockables, weapons, upgrades, and playing styles.

I give this a ten out of ten...and I will see you online.
  39. Nov 9, 2011
    This game is a completely different game than BC2. With that being said I love BC2 and I love BF3. BF3 has personally satisfied me.. yes it has a few bugs, but they will be fixed because of DICE's great support. This games singleplayer is not very long, but it kept me playing and interested which is a definite plus. The multiplayer is fantastic and will keep me occupied for a longgggg..This game is a completely different game than BC2. With that being said I love BC2 and I love BF3. BF3 has personally satisfied me.. yes it has a few bugs, but they will be fixed because of DICE's great support. This games singleplayer is not very long, but it kept me playing and interested which is a definite plus. The multiplayer is fantastic and will keep me occupied for a longgggg.. time. And most people who complain about this game are unwilling to adjust from BC2 which like I stated is a completely different game. Expand
  40. Nov 9, 2011
    This is hands down the best online shooter I have ever played. The gameplay, the graphics, the sound, and the atmosphere combined is perfection. My expectations for this game was very very, oh so very high, but it delivered and so much more.
  41. Nov 9, 2011
    I forgot one thing Seananners Gave this game a double thumbs up! I even have the video.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkp2SAPLuDk So what are u waiting for get bf3!!
  42. Nov 9, 2011
    Battlefield really shines with this amazing game, top notch Multiplayer with a fairly decent shot at Singleplayer. Gameplay is not the same as Battlefield 2, but rather a mix of Medal of Honor and Battlefield: Bad Company 2. I loved Bad Company 2, however I think that Battlefield is needed to play differently. It's a great game, but I think they may have pushed it out a bit sooner than needed.
  43. Nov 9, 2011
    a breathe of fresh air, the engine allows no match or map to feel the same. Would have been nice to have more maps off the bat but they claim to have alot of dlc to come. needs to fix the jumping threw windows problems and the problem with the bombs not setting while laying down everytime in rush
  44. Nov 11, 2011
    Amazing multiplayer with 20 hours of coop and a 10 hr story line makes this game a must buy.

The sound and gun realism makes for the most realistic shooting experience on the market.
  45. Nov 10, 2011
    Like many people I have been looking forward to this game since it was first announced, and I have to say for me it was worth the wait. People have complained about connection issues, mic problems and a frustrating campaign but I have not experienced any of this at all. Starting with the campaign, which I have completed on Hard, was thoroughly enjoyable. Whilst it was very reminiscentLike many people I have been looking forward to this game since it was first announced, and I have to say for me it was worth the wait. People have complained about connection issues, mic problems and a frustrating campaign but I have not experienced any of this at all. Starting with the campaign, which I have completed on Hard, was thoroughly enjoyable. Whilst it was very reminiscent of Black Ops with the flash backs I thought these scenes were delivered with brilliant voice and character detail, excellent graphics and was much more real than that of Black Ops. The campaign itself, whilst being more corridor and set piece driven than previous Battlefield games, inc Bad Company, I enjoyed every second of it. The controls and game play were crisp and responsive the sound was unbelievable from my 5.1 surround sound setup, and to be honest the story wasn Expand
  46. Nov 10, 2011
    The online multiplayer is simply the best in its class and a big step up from bad company 2. Single player is also pretty good, some great moments. The missions where you play the Russian agent Dima are probably the best parts, shame there wasn't more of him and less of the US marines. Bit of a let down you don't get to fly jets and helicopters, or drive any veichle other than the clicheThe online multiplayer is simply the best in its class and a big step up from bad company 2. Single player is also pretty good, some great moments. The missions where you play the Russian agent Dima are probably the best parts, shame there wasn't more of him and less of the US marines. Bit of a let down you don't get to fly jets and helicopters, or drive any veichle other than the cliche tank level but plenty of time for that online.
    Obviously the graphics are just fantastic but pales in comparison to the PC version. The new Frostbite 2 engine really shows what a monster it is and give DICE another year or so to optimize and BF4 is really going to look amazing.
    Also worth mentioning is the sound, I dont think you couldn't find a game with better sound production.
  47. Nov 10, 2011
    To start off, I did not buy this for single player, if I had I would review this at a 6- who uses quick time event still? God of war killed those. But when it comes to multiplayer- this game is amazing. Now if your a lone wolf looking for just kills this probably isn't the game for you. This is a true war experience- jets flying over head, tanks destroying building and realistic combat.To start off, I did not buy this for single player, if I had I would review this at a 6- who uses quick time event still? God of war killed those. But when it comes to multiplayer- this game is amazing. Now if your a lone wolf looking for just kills this probably isn't the game for you. This is a true war experience- jets flying over head, tanks destroying building and realistic combat. You can be the best player on your team and never shoot a bullet- being a team player going for objectives, healing players, supplying bullets all count for points. If you are a cod player you will need to slow down and think more strategy based as opposed to just rushing in for the kill. I have 40 hrs of online play and am just barely scratching the surface of this games potential. If you're looking for a realistic team based game- bf3 is here Expand
  48. Nov 10, 2011
    A flawed game, this title was rushed to the shelves to beat modern mappack 3 to the market. it did that, but dropped a lot of content to make the deadline. Destruction is toned down, Como-rose is useless, the squad menu is outright broken, and many of the weapons are peculiar balanced. That said, the game is fantastic, and outright addictive. Be prepared to lose whole days of you life toA flawed game, this title was rushed to the shelves to beat modern mappack 3 to the market. it did that, but dropped a lot of content to make the deadline. Destruction is toned down, Como-rose is useless, the squad menu is outright broken, and many of the weapons are peculiar balanced. That said, the game is fantastic, and outright addictive. Be prepared to lose whole days of you life to this title. The Battlefield have absorbed thousands of player ours, and this looks likely to do the same (one the issues are patched up). In no other shooter can you fire a gun, command a squad, fly a chopper, dogfight in a jet, drive a tank, or a hummer, use a mortar, and have the freedom of the whole map. This game is brilliant, and I'm going to stop writing this, and go play some more of it. P.S. On a side note, the Single player is a load of tripe. the Story is unimagined, the QTE's are annoying, the climax is uninspired and the cutseans are prolific. This is a MP game only Expand
  49. Nov 10, 2011
    I had high hopes for Battlefield 3 and let me tell you it did not disappoint. Since picking up my copy I haven't been able to put it down. I'll be honest though I only bought it for the multiplayer, which I'll get to later but the single player and the added co-op missions have been surprisingly good. At times the single player campaign can be frustrating with death coming regularly, oftenI had high hopes for Battlefield 3 and let me tell you it did not disappoint. Since picking up my copy I haven't been able to put it down. I'll be honest though I only bought it for the multiplayer, which I'll get to later but the single player and the added co-op missions have been surprisingly good. At times the single player campaign can be frustrating with death coming regularly, often out of no where which leaves you wondering how you got killed in the first place? A stray grenade? An RPG? One of the games many explosive set pieces? Very little do I think I was just shot and killed for being out of cover too long. The co-op on the other hand is a welcome addition to the BF series but still has its flaws which can be frustrating also. For example the second co-op mission, Fire from the Sky has you pilot or be the gunner of a helicopter, now unless you have a friend you can do this with who can fly the hard to handle helicopters it will drive you crazy. Relying on someone else to fly it is a frivolous task which ends in them crashing almost immediately and ending the mission. I must have searched for someone to do the mission with at least 5 times and each time I was the gunner and each time the other player crashed and ended the mission. The one time I did get to be the pilot I crashed. Leaving me with a bitter sense of despair. Now knowing I would probably never find anyone online who can pilot a helicopter. Now let's get talking about Battlefields main focal point, its multiplayer. BF's multiplayer is quite simply amazing, holding the top spot for the best multiplayer experience ever. BF comes with 5 different game modes, TD, Squad Deathmatch, Rush, Squad Rush and Conquest. The first two speak for themselves but I'll explain a little about Rush and Conquest. With Rush you either start out as an attacker or defender switching at the end of the match depending on which one you started as first. You need to destroy the enemy M-COM stations or defend your own. It is a very rewarding game mode and demonstrates the full scale war fare that Battlefield has to offer. Whether you're lone wolfing it to try and get that last pesky M-COM station or you're defending your lines holding off the enemy, it is as good as a game mode can get. Conquest is equally as pleasing but can fall short at times when one team dominates, leaving the opposition with very little they can do to get back in the game. This game mode is similar to Gears of Wars annex mode, which sees you trying to capture and hold 3-5 flags spread across the map. Teams start on 200 points and the game ends when one team has sucessfully held the flags long enough to gain the points. All in all the multiplayer is very addicting and if you have played any other game in the BF franchise it will feel familar but with enough new additions and added gameplay tweaks for it too not get repetative. If you're new to the BF franchise then you should be able to pick this one up and get right into the action without feeling like you need hours of gameplay to enjoy yourself. It is well balanced and there is enough for new players to feel comfortable playing. I recommend to anyone who is a fan of FPS or even war games to pick this one up, it won't disappoint. 9/10. Expand
  50. Nov 10, 2011
    The Battlefield franchise keeps getting better. The campaign mode is not that exciting and short. Co-op mode could use more scenarios to play but is fun. Multiplayer mode, I would say no other game can compete. It's worth every cent, this is a game I don't think I would trade in anytime soon.
  51. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is epic i enjoyed playing the single player and enjoyed the missions i played. It turly felt like i was in a real war with all the destruction happing around me. Frost bite 2 engine was amazing with the explosions, building effects, and earth quake. In the missions were blackburn was on his own felt intense and gave you a sense of a need to survive. Also the game gives you aThis game is epic i enjoyed playing the single player and enjoyed the missions i played. It turly felt like i was in a real war with all the destruction happing around me. Frost bite 2 engine was amazing with the explosions, building effects, and earth quake. In the missions were blackburn was on his own felt intense and gave you a sense of a need to survive. Also the game gives you a chance to do it yourself in mission sections like the F/18 trageting and dogfight, tank mission. Also the multiplayer is amazing with its huge maps and vehicles, weapon unlocks, gameplay. Each map in the multiplayer is unique and fun to play on. The maps give you a chance to think stratigically, flanking your enemy, how to be effective when using the vehicles available to you. Whats new is the team deathmatch its intense and fun to play against the other team. The team deathmatch this new match type gives you a better chance to unlock new stuff for your class kit, leveling up. Battlefield 3 exceeded my expectations in what i expected it to turn out. Expand
  52. Nov 10, 2011
    Even though the single player campaign is quite uneventful, it is fairly entertaining even if doesn't deserve a replay. It is harder than you'd expect, mostly because the game sets a trail for you to follow (specific points and actions) and doesn't respect the own path it has set, making enemies appear behind you or in places completely out of the action range you'd expect. TheEven though the single player campaign is quite uneventful, it is fairly entertaining even if doesn't deserve a replay. It is harder than you'd expect, mostly because the game sets a trail for you to follow (specific points and actions) and doesn't respect the own path it has set, making enemies appear behind you or in places completely out of the action range you'd expect. The instructions are not very clear and you'll find yourself repeating some actions a few times until you get what you are actually supposed to do. The plot is hard to follow as names and locations are constantly thrown at you so you'll lose interest in the cut-scenes early in the game.

But the Battlefield series has always been focused on good multiplayer experiences, and that's what it delivers. While most of its gameplay mechanics have been copied exactly as they were from Battlefield Bad Company 2 (which is an excellent game by the way), the action feels a little more arcade-like due to the new maps designs. A lot of rooms, corridors and large buildings make the game feel a little but more Call-of-Duty-er. It makes the close range action more frequent than in the other games in the series. But that is not to say that the maps are small. They are huge and well-designed, but the actions tend to be focused inside certain buildings and small structures - especially in the Rush mode. A good thing is that there's not much liberty for snipers, because it is very hard to aim from outside into those buildings or camp by the doors or windows without getting caught.

The amount of weapons, gadgets and accessories in this game would make any first-person-shooter gamer cry of happiness. You can set your soldier to pretty much whatever you'd like by combining different weapons and abilities. The points system is better designed this time around, earning you experience for all kinds of support actions, not only kills. Playing as a team and helping your squad will earn you big points, so you don't need to be the top killer to do well and get upgrades.

Finally, the vehicles are much more customizable and you'll earn upgrades for them too - not just the upgrades you'd get on your class by using them like more amor or better accuracy, but accessories like better radars, new missiles and such.

If you're looking for a deep multiplayer experience with lots of upgrades, variation in gameplay, gorgeous graphics and intensive team-play that gets you rewarded for all actions, look no further, Battlefield 3 is for you.
  53. Nov 10, 2011
    This my first battlefield game.the game play is amazing. it's fantastic. it's real war ,great and epic multiplayer game.I have not been able to stop playing since getting it. .Get it and love it.
  54. Nov 10, 2011
    This is a beautiful game. I honestly have not taken the time to get into the multiplayer like I did with BF:BC2, but what I have played has been enjoyable and breathtaking. DICE and EA know how to make some great games. My son liked to play this game, especially for the vehicles. Once I get some more free time, I cannot wait to get back into the multiplayer and level up the classes.This is a beautiful game. I honestly have not taken the time to get into the multiplayer like I did with BF:BC2, but what I have played has been enjoyable and breathtaking. DICE and EA know how to make some great games. My son liked to play this game, especially for the vehicles. Once I get some more free time, I cannot wait to get back into the multiplayer and level up the classes. The maps are massive and fun to play, but I must confess that it does allow for some more sniping abilities, and sometimes the colors of the game make it hard to see enemies clearly. It is a beautiful game with precise gameplay. The best current FPS on the market. Definitely and improvement from the lackluster Medal of Honor game from last year! Expand
  55. Nov 10, 2011
    You bring the friends, battlefield brings the moments. willy was always fly so battlefield gave him wings, wayne likes bling so he brought a flashlight. My lumberjack friend loves the chopper. my nephew just likes blowing stuff up. then tom just spots them or snipes them. i personaly am not a sniper but love ducking sniper fire and all the aspects of the game that makes it real live andYou bring the friends, battlefield brings the moments. willy was always fly so battlefield gave him wings, wayne likes bling so he brought a flashlight. My lumberjack friend loves the chopper. my nephew just likes blowing stuff up. then tom just spots them or snipes them. i personaly am not a sniper but love ducking sniper fire and all the aspects of the game that makes it real live and complete. ill probably just blow him up with my tank or something. the only way to not go on a rant with battlefield is to say that it simply just has it all. on the next rainy day i might just go chuck on battlefield and go swimming... we love the battlefield. Expand
  56. Nov 10, 2011
    Game of the year. Game of the year. Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the yearGame of the year. Game of the year. Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year! Expand
  57. Nov 10, 2011
    Well I gotta say that while this game isnt absolutely amazing it does just enough to warrant checking it out. I am a CoD fan, well I guess now its I used to be a CoD fan. CoDMW2 is amazing and has a good amount of map packs. CoDMW3 is bull crap. I hate to say it but looks like CoD has lost the throne and BF3 has taken over....for now.
  58. Nov 10, 2011
    vraiment un très bon jeu plus dur que l'ancien mai dans le fps tout le monde veut toujours plus de réalisme je pense que c'est le chose faite bravo car comparer a mw3 qui est vraiment très mauvais.... dice a fait un super boulot....encore quelque petite chose a corriger essentiellement au niveau de la personnalisation des classe et je pense que le jeuvraiment un très bon jeu plus dur que l'ancien mai dans le fps tout le monde veut toujours plus de réalisme je pense que c'est le chose faite bravo car comparer a mw3 qui est vraiment très mauvais.... dice a fait un super boulot....encore quelque petite chose a corriger essentiellement au niveau de la personnalisation des classe et je pense que le jeu serai parfait encore une foi merci pour ce superbe jeu. Expand
  59. Nov 10, 2011
    After many years I finally tried Battlefield again, but this one is fabulous. There are some problems, like needing to jump over something which is only 1cm high, lag (I've not played to long to experienced it myself yet). But nothing the less I'm glad I've brought back MW3 yesterday and bought BF3
  60. Nov 10, 2011
    BF like you never seen before. It has improved in many ways. The PS3 version might have only 24 players online, but the action is non stop!! New engine, new system, TOTAL destruction, what else do you want? And battlelog is free for everyone :)
  61. Nov 10, 2011
    If you are going to buy this game for single player DONT! Its really poor and shows that DICE are really poor developers. If you used to play MW and have been conned by biased opinions that MW is made by evil people and is **** even though you've always loved it, then you are feeble. MW3 is superior in every way, especially the single player and multiplayer is actually fun. This game is soIf you are going to buy this game for single player DONT! Its really poor and shows that DICE are really poor developers. If you used to play MW and have been conned by biased opinions that MW is made by evil people and is **** even though you've always loved it, then you are feeble. MW3 is superior in every way, especially the single player and multiplayer is actually fun. This game is so average, I only give it a zero because of the pathetic Battlefield fans giving MW3 a zero. Expand
  62. Nov 10, 2011
    Best fps on the market by a mile. If you did't read the hype thus think bf3 will change the world you realize how great the game is. Compared to mw3 it blows it away! Only if my friends switched from cod I would play this game more... maybe in the future hopefully
  63. Nov 10, 2011
    Game is great, campaign could be better and there are some issues with glitches and graphics but the multiplayer is crazy fun with all the vehicles. Still has some stuff to workout but has a good foundation and could be amazing with some tweaks.
  64. Nov 10, 2011
    I'm very happy with this game, The frostbite 2 system made my day, I salute EA and DICE's work for this succesful game, the game focuses in a real battle as the users want to see and play and they made it incredibly awesome. Is "A must buy game"
  65. Nov 10, 2011
    Loved it, single player campaign was intense and challenging and this is my 1st experience with BF online, and its great, hours of play and mostly challenging opponents, the upgrade and achievement system is good and rewarding, you feel like your progressing after every online game, always leaves you coming back for more! Would have been a 10, if it had looked as impressive TV (high specLoved it, single player campaign was intense and challenging and this is my 1st experience with BF online, and its great, hours of play and mostly challenging opponents, the upgrade and achievement system is good and rewarding, you feel like your progressing after every online game, always leaves you coming back for more! Would have been a 10, if it had looked as impressive TV (high spec PC) ads ;) Expand
  66. Nov 10, 2011
    First Battlefield game i've purchased, multiplayer is in a league of it's own, i'm hooked. Campaign slightly disappointing but really don't care about that.
  67. Nov 10, 2011
    The best Multiplayer game I've ever played. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is better than Modern Warfare 3 (Money Wasted 3 times, which I did only two times), yes BF2. Battlefield 3.. All CoD fans says these two games are different, BF3 and MW3, you can't compare. Hmm.. Totally different. BF3 is like perfect steel, MW 3 is like cheap Chinese plastic. Simple.
  68. Nov 10, 2011
    This game was great. I really expected to like MW3 more but I ended up enjoying this campaign a lot more. I'm not not a big multiplayer like most of my friends but my friends that have both titles enjoyed Battlefield 3 better in its entirety. MW3 should not be missed but if money is an issue, buy BF3 now and thank me later.
  69. Nov 10, 2011
    love this game , its as a new engine map , new vehicles , guns , , i would give it a 10 but with issues with cheating online which i hope will be patched soon
  70. Nov 10, 2011
    Battlefield 3 respresents a series which has been the only real choice if you want variety & scale in your fps games. It introduces new features & animations with a lighting system that just blows you away. This is as good as a game game can look on 6 years old machines no doubt at all. Everything can be blown up & destroyed & you just feel every tank shell & bullet as it drops or flys by.Battlefield 3 respresents a series which has been the only real choice if you want variety & scale in your fps games. It introduces new features & animations with a lighting system that just blows you away. This is as good as a game game can look on 6 years old machines no doubt at all. Everything can be blown up & destroyed & you just feel every tank shell & bullet as it drops or flys by. Jets & helicopters explode around you & its just completely overwhelming what they've achieved with it. I expected a lot & the game has delivered - big time. The beauty is that it will only get better as they always tailor the games balance & iron out any kinks post release. I cant recommend it enough. Game of the year & the servers are going to be rammed until BF4. Bring on Strike At Karkand expasion pack with its even further enhanced destruction! Well done DICE youve outdone yourselves.. Expand
  71. Nov 10, 2011
    BF3 is epic in every way, it combines what made BF2 the best PC game of all time and adds on that, with tons of new stuff, awesome maps, amazing graphics and sound, and that BF game play that we all love and bringing back 64 players the way it was meant to be played.. BF3 is the only military FPS you should drop a dollah on...
  72. Nov 10, 2011
    Good game. The single player campaign is meant to prepare you for the multiplayer experience. The cinematic and some parts of the campaign are remarkable and unforgettable. What really shines out of this game is multiplayer what actually brings to the table with its gameplay and realistic plus the graphics still awesome in console. This game might be hate to those arcade shooter fans, butGood game. The single player campaign is meant to prepare you for the multiplayer experience. The cinematic and some parts of the campaign are remarkable and unforgettable. What really shines out of this game is multiplayer what actually brings to the table with its gameplay and realistic plus the graphics still awesome in console. This game might be hate to those arcade shooter fans, but once you get the hang of things you won't be able to put the control down. Expand
  73. Nov 10, 2011
    after playing the beta did not expect this is a big surprise, better than expected, some things to improve but an excellent game, is the way forward.
    Con mas amplitud de mapas, algunas caracteristicas en los personajes y pequeñas correcciones es un juego por encima de la mecia. saludos.
  74. Nov 10, 2011
    Simply amazing !!! Not enough words for the sheer quality of the outstanding multiplayer...best Multiplayer game i just ever played...., A truly war experience, Team-play is the Key. Not run and gun...not this **** this game is nothing about STAND-ALONE, BF3 reflects the spirit of coop play, team-play, and tactical play.... 10/10 !!! PERFECT
  75. Nov 10, 2011
    Easily the best FPS shooter available. This game requires skill and lots of strategy for multiplayer in order to win, rather than the arcade run-n-gun gameplay of other franchises. Using skill and tactics is the only way you will win the game - whether this is using the multitude of different vehicles to assist with air support or ground offensive in tanks, while your other teammatesEasily the best FPS shooter available. This game requires skill and lots of strategy for multiplayer in order to win, rather than the arcade run-n-gun gameplay of other franchises. Using skill and tactics is the only way you will win the game - whether this is using the multitude of different vehicles to assist with air support or ground offensive in tanks, while your other teammates assault the objectives, or by being at the frontlines rushing the objectives, and assisting with revives and supplying medkits or additional ammo to your squad/teammates. The destruction in the game seems to be toned down a bit from prior Battlefield games, but you can still create new "doorways" in building walls should you want to surprise the enemy or make a new route to the objectives. The changes to the kits from BC2 threw me off at first (for example, switching the med kits and ammo supply crates between Assault and Support classes), but after an hour of playing, I've come to realize it was for the best. Maps continue to be amazing and are well thought out for each different game mode. Weapons and the unlock system for them are amazing. My only 2 gripes about the game are spawning into instant death - please institute a few seconds of "safety" when you spawn, so you don't instantly die, and also that there is no way to see the stats of guns (i.e. the accuracy, damage it deals, etc) when you are cycling through your available weapons. This game easily wins the online multiplayer "war" out there between other FPS games - no other game comes close. This is a shining example of how to provide intense, amazing multiplayer - other game companies should stand up and take notice. Single player this year is a marked improvement - it had a much more "gritty" and realistic gameplay, and the story was a lot better. Co-Op mode wasn't as impressive in my opinion, and couldn't hold my attention. Co-Op is for 2 players only, and really just consists of a short battle against some AI - it does give different scenarios - for example, provide air support in an attack chopper while ground forces assault a location, or extract a defector, and get to the extraction point. None of the Co-Op scenarios really made me want to continue playing it, and I immediately went back to competitive multiplayer instead. If you only have one choice of an FPS game this year, Battlefield 3 should be your choice. I buy every FPS that is released, and no other game can even come close to the quality of Battlefield 3. Expand
  76. Nov 10, 2011
    BF3 raised the bar for teamwork, graphics, atmosphere, and all in all is a much deeper "experience" than MW3. You can argue progression systems, whatever, but they're pretty much similar. No, you'll never get the same k/d ratio on BF3 as MW3, but it's so much more than just gunning people down. They're two totally different experiences, and they both excel in what they're trying to do onBF3 raised the bar for teamwork, graphics, atmosphere, and all in all is a much deeper "experience" than MW3. You can argue progression systems, whatever, but they're pretty much similar. No, you'll never get the same k/d ratio on BF3 as MW3, but it's so much more than just gunning people down. They're two totally different experiences, and they both excel in what they're trying to do on the multiplayer level.The only thing that truly hurts BF3 is the fact that it had to be trimmed for consoles, but it's not BF's fault that consoles simply cannot handle it. It would have been like trying to port Crysis 1 without the CryEngine3. BF3 shows us that the end of this console generation is here, and that this generation is now holding back innovation and the future of games (seriously, wtf is the physics engine on MW? Am I the only one that is dissapointed that grenades dont move wood pallets or outright destroy them? Seriously, Source has better physics implemented in it) They're different animals... that's all- and lets be honest, BF3 does way more for the gaming community than MW, as it stands, will ever be able to do. BF3 will only get better from here as the expansions roll out. Expand
  77. Nov 10, 2011
    Absolutely amazing game! The sound is amazing and the guns sound so real! The campaign is not amazing but it's better than Cod! The multiplayer is amazing and unique.
  78. Nov 10, 2011
    Feels fresh, but is not perfect. A good combination of vehicle and infantry warfare, along with some destruction. However, the game needs some fixing, but , it's still super enjoyable.
  79. Nov 10, 2011
    This easily the best MP game of the year. If you buy MW3 over this, which I am sure many retards are doing, then you are **** stupid. This game is awesome, HUGE MAPS, 24 player matches(64 on PC Master Race), vechicles. This game actually requires skill. unlike caw a dooty
  80. Nov 10, 2011
    Great game, intense multiplayer, alot of game modes and a ton of unlocks. There are a few glitches but the game is far from broken. Singleplayer is definitely lacking, which isn't a bad thing because it only deters from the multiplayer experience, and co-op is fun but really short. Graphics are some of the best on console, and the sound effects are superb. Great lasting value due to theGreat game, intense multiplayer, alot of game modes and a ton of unlocks. There are a few glitches but the game is far from broken. Singleplayer is definitely lacking, which isn't a bad thing because it only deters from the multiplayer experience, and co-op is fun but really short. Graphics are some of the best on console, and the sound effects are superb. Great lasting value due to the 99 level system. Expand
  81. Nov 10, 2011
    Simply the best Multiplayer FPS available
    The graphics are top nothc - The atmosphere and the battle feeling is simply awesome and you have a lot of stuff to unlock.
  82. Nov 10, 2011
    Okay so I played the beta and i thought ehh it's okay,but Now since I got to play the finished game all I can say is I'M BLOWN AWAY!!!.battlefield 3 is a must have game that no shooter fan should miss.it has all the good stuff like Great graphics ,controls,voice acting,the multi-player is Fantastic and no words can say how addictive it is just like Bad company 2.my shooter of the year.
  83. Nov 10, 2011
    I have been a Call of Duty fan since the inception of the Playstation 3 and Call of Duty 3. I bought BFBC2 and hated it because I was so used to the fast paced, action packed, tighly quartered CoD gameplay. Thinking BF3 would be a nice change of pace, I bought it. It has not disappointed. I find that this game is more realistic and more innovative than CoD. The levels are massive eachI have been a Call of Duty fan since the inception of the Playstation 3 and Call of Duty 3. I bought BFBC2 and hated it because I was so used to the fast paced, action packed, tighly quartered CoD gameplay. Thinking BF3 would be a nice change of pace, I bought it. It has not disappointed. I find that this game is more realistic and more innovative than CoD. The levels are massive each with a variety of attack options. If you want to engage in an aerial assault, you can just jump in a jet or a helicopter, no killstreak necessary. If you want an armored ground assault, you can jump in a tank (drive or ride, either way). If you are hundreds of meters away from your objective, you can jump in a humvee/jeep and drive until you are comfortably close. The recoil on the guns is crazy, but at least there is recoil and it's not just hold the "shoot" button. The weapons have a variety of different attachments and the customization is refreshing. If you don't fire in controlled bursts, you will likely miss your target. The different classes were hard to get used to at first, but once you adjust, the experience becomes enjoyable. Sniping takes on a whole new meaning, requiring you to adjust your aim to account for distance so that your bullet takes the proper trajectory to get the kill.

If someone is camping in a building, you can literally destroy the building to flush them out or they will die trying to hide inside of it. There are things that need fixing, however. The "squad" feature often separates parties and the voice chat is less than desirable. I used to love Call of Duty and Modern Warfare. I had great times with those games. I even bought MW3 hoping that all the critics would be silenced. Instead, I have become one of the critics, and one of those who appreciates Battlefield more for the better experience it provides. Battlefield 3 is worth it if you enjoy a realistic (and at times frustrating) experience.
  84. Nov 10, 2011
    Really immersive experience & when u play this game & see the detail of the conetent, u feel like the developers actually care about the community and the future of this game. Not necessarily a "perfect" game but close to it. After updates and more content this will be looked at as one of best shooters ever. If ur looking to evolve from your basic abc shooter. Get this game. (multiplayerReally immersive experience & when u play this game & see the detail of the conetent, u feel like the developers actually care about the community and the future of this game. Not necessarily a "perfect" game but close to it. After updates and more content this will be looked at as one of best shooters ever. If ur looking to evolve from your basic abc shooter. Get this game. (multiplayer & coop). Single player is why I give a 9. Could have been a bit better and more orignal but it's just because multiplayer makes the game shine so much. That single player stands out as not being on the same level. Great game! Expand
  85. Nov 10, 2011
    excelente juego sigan asi y en unos años serán el mejor multiplayer que exista nunca dejen de innovar enhorabuena felicidades nada comparado con el mw3 es horrible ustedes exclenete
  86. Nov 10, 2011
    Great Game! This is my first game from the Dice people and I got to say I'm very impressed. The graphics for BF3 are unreal and very realistic and gameplay is fluent. I had a couple of issues at first with some rubber-banding but it seems to have disappeared but the Mic issues need to be addressed in a squad orientated game. Overall I would say this game is a 9.0 and if they patch some ofGreat Game! This is my first game from the Dice people and I got to say I'm very impressed. The graphics for BF3 are unreal and very realistic and gameplay is fluent. I had a couple of issues at first with some rubber-banding but it seems to have disappeared but the Mic issues need to be addressed in a squad orientated game. Overall I would say this game is a 9.0 and if they patch some of the minor issues I would go as high as 9.5. Very pleased..good job EA/Dice. I would recommend this one to any hardcore FPS gamer out here. Expand
  87. Nov 10, 2011
    just one word Legend.the game worh the money every day you new thing the jets are aswsom I could't finsh the the story mode till now cuz the online is take my time.I play for 6h every day I think its the best game now for online
  88. Nov 10, 2011
    Overall great game, although this DOES HAVE A LEARNING CURVE! No other game has maps as large and dynamic as this game and actually enforces teamwork. I love this game, it's a must have for anyone who is a fan of war, FPS and action titles.
  89. Nov 10, 2011
    Great Game, much harder then its predecessor. Great graphics and fluid game play. slight down falls with the mic problem that is being worked on and hard to jump over certain objects. those aside very deep game with alot of stuff to do. like i said great game with alot of play time
  90. Nov 10, 2011
    BF3 rocks! It is great to have the large maps and vehicle choices, and most of all something to do besides just kills. I have played BF and BC games since the 1st, same with COD but COD gets very boring with limited space and the non-stop barrage of killstreaks going off left and right. I have always enjoyed BF games (and the variations) the most.
  91. Nov 10, 2011
    Amazing! Graphics alone are stunning. Amazing online and gameplay. Campaign story line is a little difficult to follow and more like CoD, but fantastic game!
  92. Nov 10, 2011
    I was expecting more from this game but saying that, it isn't all bad. The announcements and adverts all showcase the PC version which obviously make full use of the new engine..sadly something the PS3 and Xbox are unable to do so well. I have found it to be slightly lagging in terms of frame-rate and often has screen tearing during the campaign. There is a lack of split screen for theI was expecting more from this game but saying that, it isn't all bad. The announcements and adverts all showcase the PC version which obviously make full use of the new engine..sadly something the PS3 and Xbox are unable to do so well. I have found it to be slightly lagging in terms of frame-rate and often has screen tearing during the campaign. There is a lack of split screen for the co-op mode meaning I have to play with random people and I am unable to complete missions on hard as they aren't good enough or just exit out. Multiplayer is where the game really excels, however the previously mentioned frame rate issues and graphics stop it from being truly brilliant (something I am told is better on the PC version). Give it a go if you like your first person shooters to be heavily team based with (slightly) destructible environments and large scale maps with vehicles. Expand
  93. Nov 10, 2011
    Online play is fluid, realistic, and just fast paced enough to keep your attention without making you have seizures. The graphics are amazing for a console game, on par with some of the best high-end PC graphic card required games. Personas don't look like cartoons anymore. The leveling system is a huge leap forward from the Bad Company 2. Highly recommend this one.
  94. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is epic... I have bf3 and mw3 and I cant stop playing bf3... the graphics alone sink me into the game... But the gameplay driving vehicles and the destruction and the realism... so amazing THANK U EA!!! made one hell of a game. Now on to skyrim tonight :)
  95. Nov 10, 2011
    There is no doubt this year. I have always been a hardcore call of duty fan, but after playing battlefield 3, I was blown away. The multiplayer will keep you going for months, if not years and is worth the 60$ alone.. If not more.
  96. Nov 10, 2011
    The multiplayer is, as always, where it's at, with many years worth of military-sandbox fun for fans of the series. A true love-letter to fans of the series and militâ
  97. Nov 10, 2011
    great game in multiplayer, I'm glad i pre-ordered the game because now i get the DLC for free. its easy to play with your friends since there multiple ways to join there session, choppers check, tanks check, coke on the side check.
  98. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is simply amazing. I've been playing DICE games since Bad Company 1 and I'm very happy with the multiplayer on Battlefield 3. This is what the game is about. Not the rest of it. Would have been nice to have dinosaurs or zombies though. Just for fun. Seperate like nazi zombies. That is great on black ops.
  99. Nov 10, 2011
    short campaign but awesome,good graphics,good multiplayer,an of the best games of the year...tremendo juego online muy bueno,muy recomendado este fps sobretodo online..es la ostia
  100. Nov 10, 2011
    the story is awesome the game play is smooth and the graphics are so real that you feel like your in the game what more can you ask for vehicles,tons of weapons and upgrades this is as close as your going to get to being in the war haha thank you bf3 developers

1. Feb 10, 2012
    Hopefully EA reconsiders its approach to toppling Call Of Duty in the future, and allows its games to develop their own personality, rather than imitate something else.
  2. Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)
    Jan 4, 2012
    Despite its incredible competitive online play, we can't ignore the shortcomings of its campaign and Co-Op. [Jan 2012, p.66]
  3. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Jan 2, 2012
    The nine multiplayer maps seem to be designed specifically to let players come up with their own creative strategies. Compared to COD, this gives the player a real sense of freedom. There is no such thing as a perfect strategy or a trotten path. [December 2011, p.74]