7.4

1. Feb 26, 2015
    Game looks absolutely gorgeous! Guns and sound are amazing! Story was ok at most, I didn't really care for it, just the same Multiplayer is fun as always, fast paced and fun!
  2. Nov 23, 2014
    This is probably the best Battlefield I've ever played. Impressive weapons, maps, vehicles, players, game modes, and graphics. If you want to see a good war simulator, just buy Battlefield 3
  3. Oct 23, 2014
    A really fun game with a good character movement good graphics and good multiplayer. The multiplayer is really fun for you and your friends with a match being on average 20 minutes to 1 hour
  4. Aug 12, 2014
    Extremely dull and short single player experience, even compared to the likes of competitor Call of Duty. The heart of the game is all in the online, which is great fun, if a little biased towards those who are competent in the vehicles.
  5. Jul 29, 2014
    I can't stand this game's singleplayer campaign. However, the multiplayer is amazing. It's as simple as that. But if you have the option to get this on PC, by all means, go for it. On PS3 the max player count is 24 compared to the 64 on PC, which is definitely better given the sheer size of the maps in this game. It is still a great game on PS3 though.
  6. Jun 11, 2014
    In retrospective, despite the fact that the game was marketed towards disgruntled Call of Duty fans, all the new features in BF3 that was supposed to attract them end up hurting this game instead. Unnecessary single-player co-op and an uninspired campaign with cookie-cutter gameplay to match. And this was after the campaigns in the Bad Company series!
    Thankfully, Battlefield 3 has an
    Thankfully, Battlefield 3 has an excuse for having crappy single player and superior multiplayer: the series been a multiplayer game since the beginning. Oh, and let's not forget the Online Pass, and all the **** on the PC version.
    You got off lucky, DICE; EA, on the other hand....
  7. Jun 4, 2014
    I want to say this game was overrated, but bottomline was the learning curve was just too darn steep for me. The destructable environments was fine and dandy, but at some point you realize it's just a gimmick when you're not even having fun with the multiplayer. Flying was a disaster, impossible to pick up the game and start flying for fun.. the maps are huge to the point where you can goI want to say this game was overrated, but bottomline was the learning curve was just too darn steep for me. The destructable environments was fine and dandy, but at some point you realize it's just a gimmick when you're not even having fun with the multiplayer. Flying was a disaster, impossible to pick up the game and start flying for fun.. the maps are huge to the point where you can go half an hour without finding someone. Graphics were good and so was the realistic gunplay, but there are so many fps multiplayer, why should I spend hours just to get the fundamental of the game down..and that doesn't even mean being good at the game.. Expand
  8. Apr 6, 2014
    Battlefield 3 is, simply put, one of the best online multiplayer games I've ever played, only being outdone by Portal 2 and Dark Souls. The singleplayer, while impressive, is not the highpoint of this game, and you shouldn't consider this game for the singleplayer campaign. The multiplayer is a perfect mix of intense trigger finger combat, and strategic vehicular combat. I have 550 hoursBattlefield 3 is, simply put, one of the best online multiplayer games I've ever played, only being outdone by Portal 2 and Dark Souls. The singleplayer, while impressive, is not the highpoint of this game, and you shouldn't consider this game for the singleplayer campaign. The multiplayer is a perfect mix of intense trigger finger combat, and strategic vehicular combat. I have 550 hours in this game, and i'm still willing to play all day.
    Pros: - Vehicles (This is the main feature that sets this game apart from its competitor, Call of Duty. The vehicles are plentiful and varied, allowing you to hop in one at almost any moment. The vehicles are all very well designed in performance and controls, and each one is suited for a different situation. The vehicles are so well balanced that, in a certain situation, a turret-mounted jeep could outperform a tank)
    - Guns (The guns in the game are incredible. Each kit has their own gun class, which can't be shared with the other kits. Their are certain primary weapons, being PDW's and shotguns that are universal, however, allowing you to use a shotgun on a Recon, and get in the action. The snipers, in my opinion, are where the gun-play is at. There is no better feeling of satisfaction than getting a headshot on a pilot in a moving helicopter from 300+ meters away)
    - Sound design (The sounds for the guns, movements of vehicles, and everything in between is near perfect. If you have surround sound, use it...)
    - Strategy (While the majority of combat revolves around 'in-your-face' action, there are certain situation, such as tank on tank battles, in which you must use strategy, skill, and wits in order to get out alive This brings some extremely intense battles)
    - Replayability (If you are impatient, you'll get bored in under 100 hours or so. Everyone else will play this game for 500+ hours and will still want to play it every waking second. For some people, this game is dangerously obsessive)
    - Destruction (Being able to level entire buildings with explosive weaponry is entertaining, useful, and brings dynamic gameplay)
    Cons: - Singleplayer (The singleplayer campaign is slightly weak in terms of story, since it's quite cliche and boring. The levels are impressive, however)
    Overall, this is one of the best and most addictive games I've played. The online multiplayer is full of quality, bringing dynamic gameplay and incredible gunplay and vehicular combat. The servers are still full of people, so if you're considering getting this game instead of the broken Battlefield 4, get it!
  9. Feb 18, 2014
    **** This game sucks cocks. Dice, you ****ing ballsuckers. Stop making games or make games which works well. Zero, **** you Dice/EA and Battle **** 3.
  10. Dec 18, 2013
    Dont listen to the whining about EA, and buy the game. Such exhilarating multiplayer, it is an experience u cannot miss. It is a virtual battlefield. there are times when u will feel the adrenaline rush through ur body.
  11. Dec 7, 2013
    I love the Battlefield franchise as this game was great. You had a great story that kept you into it the whole time. And now the only reason I gave it a 9 was because of the ending. No spoilers but I think it was really rushed but the multiplayer and rest of the story makes up for it. The multiplayer is what really makes BF3, BF3. So you got yourself a good game if you got BF3.
  12. Nov 18, 2013
    It is a awesome game, butiful grapfix and a good story line.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    GOODBYE.
  13. Oct 16, 2013
    I've always been a Battlefield fan and I really wanted to like this game, but I really felt this game sucks. The graphics on the console are a mixture of beauty and absolute dreadfulness at the same time. Objects look great close up and bad from a distance. Everything just blends in with each other making it a chore to see enemies. I also found every map included in the standard game toI've always been a Battlefield fan and I really wanted to like this game, but I really felt this game sucks. The graphics on the console are a mixture of beauty and absolute dreadfulness at the same time. Objects look great close up and bad from a distance. Everything just blends in with each other making it a chore to see enemies. I also found every map included in the standard game to be terrible. The progression/unlock system is also an absolute joke.

I only paid $15 for my copy of BF3 and as low of amount of money that is, I'm actually disappointed in wasting it on this mess of a game.
  14. Oct 13, 2013
    Son realmente absurdos los comentarios que descalifican al juego, tan solo porque "les cegaron las luces del arma del enemigo"; "que un sniper los ha matado después de correr 500 metros". Todo esto, en verdad, solo dicen lo malos jugadores que son éstas personas, y en vez de ocuparse a jugar, a mejorar sus habilidades, achacan sus torpezas a los demás. Hay un dicho popular anglosajón queSon realmente absurdos los comentarios que descalifican al juego, tan solo porque "les cegaron las luces del arma del enemigo"; "que un sniper los ha matado después de correr 500 metros". Todo esto, en verdad, solo dicen lo malos jugadores que son éstas personas, y en vez de ocuparse a jugar, a mejorar sus habilidades, achacan sus torpezas a los demás. Hay un dicho popular anglosajón que dice: "en vez de maldecir la oscuridad, prende una vela".

Por otro lado, es totalmente de imbéciles medir la tallas de los juegos, por otros juegos, acaso hay referentes. Así, si quieren jugar Call of Duty o Bioshock, allí están esas opciones para disfrutarlas; solo que, sencillamente, no se les puede calzar a estos juegos con el mismo zapato dada las diferencias con las que cada juego destaca. Es como si quisieras tratar a una nueva novia de la misma manera que a tu madre, o a tus anteriores novias.

Personalmente, luego de jugar Turok y Golden Eye con consolas de generaciones viejas, y desde la aparición del playstation 1, me dejaron de interesar los juegos de disparos. De verdad, no tiene gran cosa correr, disparar y recargar, todo a ritmo frenético, o dependiendo del nivel de dificultad. Sencillamente con Battlefield 3 he renovado mis expectativas para los shooter; y lo que es más, me ha obligado a enseñarme cómo deben jugarse los shooter, desde procurar el sigilo hasta coordinar estrategias. La verdad es que el juego te obliga a mejorar, de lo contrario, no podrás obtener mejoras para vehículos y armas.

Ciertamente me ha costado cerca de tres meses obtener cierto nivel, y así mejorar estadísticas, y más me ha costado acostumbrarme al realismo, la caída de la bala y la mira; pero, hoy por hoy, los momentos que uno puede disfrutar con éste juego son de los más memorables y divertidos que he tenido EN AÑOS.

Lo que no soporto son a ciertos administradores de servidores, que hacen y deshacen equipos a su antojo; y que, en cuestión de detalles técnicos, de vez en cuando se me buguea obligándome, si no a recurrir al "suicidio" en medio del juego para engendrar, tener que apagar manualmente mi ps3. Tal vez si redujeran los servidores públicos para partidas. Y acerca de los bugs que experimento, tal vez si comprara las expansiones se resuelva...
  15. Oct 5, 2013
    Their are many amazing first person shooters but unfortunately this is not one of them. Dont get me wrong this is not a bad game by any means. The campaign is okay and has some really interesting plot points. The gameplay is amazing and very realistic. The multiplayer is solid but not for me. To tell you the truth i would rather have a Bad Company 3 than a Battlefield 3. HopefullyTheir are many amazing first person shooters but unfortunately this is not one of them. Dont get me wrong this is not a bad game by any means. The campaign is okay and has some really interesting plot points. The gameplay is amazing and very realistic. The multiplayer is solid but not for me. To tell you the truth i would rather have a Bad Company 3 than a Battlefield 3. Hopefully Battlefield 4 restores my faith in the numbered sequels. Expand
  16. Oct 3, 2013
    Battlefield 3 has arguably has the greatest multiplayer experience of the past 10 years. I highly recommend it for someone who has online access, regardless of console. The only disappointing aspect in my mind was the single-player. It has compelling elements, stunning graphics, and top-notch voice acting; but the short campaign will leave solo players yearning for more.

For Solo

For Solo Players?: Possibly

For Multiplayer Players?: Highly recommended

Since Battlefield 4 is coming up, this game price has dropped to 19.99$usd. It should now be a good pickup for players short on money.
  17. Sep 16, 2013
    A must have FPS game. It was the sequel to BF2 that we had all expected, and had significant changes that make it a true classic. This and Cod4 I find are just simply the best shooters nd both simply difficult to give less than 10! ten ten ten, and nothing less.
  18. Sep 8, 2013
    This is my first Battlefield, and I'm quite impressed with the multiplayer. I love levelling up, love the graphics. I stay alive a lot longer than in Reach... Very addicting and fun.

The single player campaign is too much in rails for my likes.
  19. Aug 17, 2013
    8.4 out of 10 (rounded off to 8).

8.4 out of 10 (rounded off to 8).

With a sloppy campaign and very troublesome party-play, Battlefield 3 feels lacking. But that doesn't stop this from being a great game. The gameplay feels polished, visuals are amazing (although a bit too... blue), the destructible environments are mind-blowing and the multiplayer is great. Although, as touched upon in "troublesome party-play", it is very difficult and confusing trying to join and play with friends. It is also frustrating to not be able to mute individual players when you want to filter out the other people from your party.

Other than such small issues, Battlefield 3 is a must have for FPS-enthusiasts.
  20. Aug 15, 2013
    was never into online first person shooters until I played this, a truly engaging game with stunning sound and graphics, only downfall is the 24 player match's on consoles compare to 64 players on pc, to get the full experience from this game I recommend playing on PC
  21. Aug 12, 2013
    You must be a huge fan of Battlefield or hardcore multiplayer to enjoy this one. I didn't like the campaign mode at all. The game play sucks really. I played it on hard. and it was so annoying that when I day I need to start from the begining of the checkpiont. Which could be another 3-5 min of play.
    I also noticed at many occasions that enemies spawn suddenly in place or in closed rooms with no windows or doors. That really sucks big time. making you exposed from behind sometimes.
    Squad mates aren't really helpful most of the time. They are there for firing sound effect.
    Poor gameplay. I give it 4 though
  22. Aug 2, 2013
    I have mixed thoughts on BF3, the multiplayer is fun, and the campaign is solid, but i can't help but feel that this is 'just another shooter'. Despite the campaign being fun, the story is horribly cliched, and the multiplayer is really good and all, but the maps leave much to be desired. The thing that really annoys me about this all-around decent game, is the elitist community. On theI have mixed thoughts on BF3, the multiplayer is fun, and the campaign is solid, but i can't help but feel that this is 'just another shooter'. Despite the campaign being fun, the story is horribly cliched, and the multiplayer is really good and all, but the maps leave much to be desired. The thing that really annoys me about this all-around decent game, is the elitist community. On the other side of the spectrum though, the multiplayer is enjoyable, as is the campaign, both have some good maps and missions, the guns are fun to use, if slightly unbalanced, and your in for a great time, either if your a beginner or a Battlefield veteran. A must buy for shooter fans. Yet if your not a shooter fan, you need to look elsewhere. Expand
  23. Jul 31, 2013
    Battlefield 3 is one of the most realistic games ever made. A must buy for any FPS fan. Bad company 2 was a really great game, but this is just even better. A must buy.
  24. Jul 30, 2013
    Battlefield is half phenomenal, half mediocre and forgettable. The first thing you will notice immediately is the graphical intensity. BF3 is a stunning game when you play in full HD. The way the game plays is a step away from most fps games as well. If you're near an explosion, not only will you receive the run-of-the-mill ringing noise, but your vision will blur, and you will actuallyBattlefield is half phenomenal, half mediocre and forgettable. The first thing you will notice immediately is the graphical intensity. BF3 is a stunning game when you play in full HD. The way the game plays is a step away from most fps games as well. If you're near an explosion, not only will you receive the run-of-the-mill ringing noise, but your vision will blur, and you will actually become disoriented, instead of just a white flash and a ring. This realism extends to every aspect of the game, from tanks' shells causing large explosions as well as a large kick-up of dirt, obscuring sight. Guns all sound nice and beefy, and will dynamically change depending on your location, being muffled if you are far away or behind a barrier (an excellent touch). Oh, and I forgot to mention, LENS FLARE EVERYWHERE!!
    Campaign mode, however, is dull, filled with a decent story idea, but characters don't intrigue the player, and there are so many russian stereotypes that you might have a slight accent by the end, if you decide to play all the way to the end. Mission design is also uncreative and boring, doing nothing to keep you hooked. You can save your time and skip it.It won't prepare you for the lunacy that is the multiplayer mode.
    Multiplayer is where BF3 really shines. Maps are massive, partially destructible, and the game modes rush and conquest utilize the size almost all the time (with the exception of a few conquest maps shrunk down due to the maps linear nature). Rush is where I found myself spending most of my time, with conquest in a close second. They're definitely the two most entertaining game modes. There are four classes in BF3, each with its own benefits. I played almost always as the assault class (all around/medic). The three others are: the engineer (vehicle repair/destroying, due to the ability to carry a massive rocket launcher), Support (all around, resupplying teammates, can also destroy vehicles with C4), and Recon (sniper, stealth, also can plant spawn beacons behind enemy lines so teammates can surround the enemy). The four classes work well when you have a full team that understands their roles, and executes them. This, unfortunately, is not always the case. The team that communicates better will win nine out of ten times in my experiences. Each class has its own chain of unlocks as you level up, as well as unlocking more upgrades for each weapon as you use it. You will also receive different camouflage patterns when your overall level increases. It is a smartly designed system that rewards you the more you play, but it will make trying new things less interesting after you have achieved a high level with a certain class/weapon.
    Although there is only a 24 player max, this number of players works well on the smaller maps (operation metro is a particular favorite of mine). The larger maps tend to be dominated by vehicles usually. The ability to spawn on squad members is a great feature that really enhances team play. Also, for performing certain tasks in battle, you will receive ribbons for your achievements, worth 200 xp each. After you have accumulated a certain number of a particular ribbon, you will receive a medal, worth a massive amount of xp. This, accompanied by the dog tag system, make for even more depth in the multiplayer. Your player wears 2 dog tags, standard at first, but they become more personalized as you progress. You can take opponents' tags with a stealth knife kill, and you can view your collection in the menu, however the interface for this is rather poor. Small gripes of the multiplayer include the lack of tutorials for flying jets and/or helicopters, both of which are extremely intimidating to beginners, as well as your soldier's inability to walk over two centimeter high concrete slabs that remain after tanks have destroyed the building.
    Battlefield 3 excels in multiplayer, but is lacking in a solid campaign mode, overall completely worth your money, as it is the premier shooter on consoles in my mind.
  25. Jul 18, 2013
    You haters must be too used to the same Call of Duty crap, Battlefield 3 is totally different and the controls are good as well as the gameplay and graphics. We are sick of the same Call of Duty game because all they do is add the same old engine with new tweaks, and the reason why you get shot in the foot two times is because its adapting realism. There is no steady aiming, noYou haters must be too used to the same Call of Duty crap, Battlefield 3 is totally different and the controls are good as well as the gameplay and graphics. We are sick of the same Call of Duty game because all they do is add the same old engine with new tweaks, and the reason why you get shot in the foot two times is because its adapting realism. There is no steady aiming, no killstreaks or any crap like that. Expand
  26. Jul 17, 2013
    First I would like to point out you buy this game for the multiplayer and not the campaign, which was in my opinion good but not the best. The multiplayer however is full of excitement and excellent teamwork. The only downside to it would have too be the increasing amount of immature 12 year olds screaming into their mics about being killed, but that can be fixed by simply muting them orFirst I would like to point out you buy this game for the multiplayer and not the campaign, which was in my opinion good but not the best. The multiplayer however is full of excitement and excellent teamwork. The only downside to it would have too be the increasing amount of immature 12 year olds screaming into their mics about being killed, but that can be fixed by simply muting them or changing squads. Overall an excellent game. Expand
  27. Jul 13, 2013
    Leaving myself half way through the story due to the terrible cheesy acting put me in a better position in online multiplayer. EA and DICE has the best dedicated server i have ever used. The graphics are stunning. the community of players may occasionally rant at you for doing something wrong, their is no way in hell i would switch this co-operative friendly community for any other. ALeaving myself half way through the story due to the terrible cheesy acting put me in a better position in online multiplayer. EA and DICE has the best dedicated server i have ever used. The graphics are stunning. the community of players may occasionally rant at you for doing something wrong, their is no way in hell i would switch this co-operative friendly community for any other. A GREAT RANGE OF GUNS MAPS AND AWESOME PREMIUM. A MUST BUY FOR SINGLE PLAYER FPS PLAYERS Expand
  28. Jul 10, 2013
    Don't have much to say except Battlefield 3 is great on pc and okay on ps3. Awesome Mutipayer keep the score up even-though the singe player drags it down.
  29. Jul 5, 2013
    To be honest Battlefield 3 has one of the best, if not the best multiplayer I've ever played, tries to do many things in terms of multiplayer and makes them successful, has a great look, with great graphics and great voice acting. The game loses in terms of single player, not a bad single player, but there are FPS with a better experience for the player. We can understand the motivationsTo be honest Battlefield 3 has one of the best, if not the best multiplayer I've ever played, tries to do many things in terms of multiplayer and makes them successful, has a great look, with great graphics and great voice acting. The game loses in terms of single player, not a bad single player, but there are FPS with a better experience for the player. We can understand the motivations of Sergeant Blackburn, but it's hard to feel sorry about the death of a person, when we saw thousands dying in front of us. But overall it is a great game and one of the best FPS that exists in the market. Expand
  30. May 26, 2013
    While Iv'e never been a fan of EA's games, besides Dead Space, I think I might reconsider that thought. Battlefield 3 has the best graphics Iv'e seen in any game. Downside, the campaign is just a "meh", the story is crap, ally A.I. get in the way a lot, and the jet mission couldv'e been fun if you could FLY the jet! The MP, however, is the games saving grace. Maps are large, weapons areWhile Iv'e never been a fan of EA's games, besides Dead Space, I think I might reconsider that thought. Battlefield 3 has the best graphics Iv'e seen in any game. Downside, the campaign is just a "meh", the story is crap, ally A.I. get in the way a lot, and the jet mission couldv'e been fun if you could FLY the jet! The MP, however, is the games saving grace. Maps are large, weapons are cool, tank combat is awesome! To bad its not better than MW3. Expand
  31. May 19, 2013
    Only played the single player, as in most cases, don't mind multiplayer. Well, the campaign is boring (so, it didn't feel short enough), the graphics are good, very good in some cases, but all of the caracthers suffers from severe photophobia. Even a lamppost in day light could affect your vision, blinding you. Other than that there is the fact that running doesn't require stamina at all,Only played the single player, as in most cases, don't mind multiplayer. Well, the campaign is boring (so, it didn't feel short enough), the graphics are good, very good in some cases, but all of the caracthers suffers from severe photophobia. Even a lamppost in day light could affect your vision, blinding you. Other than that there is the fact that running doesn't require stamina at all, you could run in circles all day without getting tired, the bodies os your enemies just vanish after a short time and you can't see your enemies. The gripe with this is that this game supposed to scream realism. Hence, the boringness. But is full of unrealistic things. Overall is a decent game, it kills time if you don't have anything better to do, but don't be sucked in the fanboy-ism who have becomed blind (for real) and would accept any game under certain titles. Everybody that fanatic to think this is 'the best game ever made', should review their concepts in order to not be fooled around so easy by an industry that is getting greedier and greedier. This game is an example of this, a most boring and generic shooter re-served over and over. As I stated, this is my view on single player. Haven't touched the multiplayer pass because i'm certainly trading it over. Expand
  32. May 16, 2013
    the next battlefield we see will kill cod and i like cod but see you and i still like cod but it doesnt compare to this unless its the first black ops
  33. Apr 30, 2013
    I love this game. Why? Because even though it's been almost 2 years since it's release and Call of Duty tried to destroy it's reputation, Battlefield 3's multiplayer remains one of the best damn structures i've seen and the best fun i have ever played; and the graphics still make some of today's videogames, well, outdated. The only flaw i could find was the slightly boring campaign (atI love this game. Why? Because even though it's been almost 2 years since it's release and Call of Duty tried to destroy it's reputation, Battlefield 3's multiplayer remains one of the best damn structures i've seen and the best fun i have ever played; and the graphics still make some of today's videogames, well, outdated. The only flaw i could find was the slightly boring campaign (at least some parts of it). Mandatory. Expand
  34. Apr 30, 2013
    Spent 1000 hours in this game. made a few friends because of this game. the multiplayers is just the best on the market, well-balanced and addictive.
  35. Apr 27, 2013
    Probably the worst single-player campaign out there. The story is a mess and seems more like a tour of different vehicles and fights than anything interesting. I think DICE spent too much time on graphics, without realising that good graphics don't make a good game. Did they not get the memo? Multiplayer is pretty bland. Tanks are overpowered and if you don't have one you're going to be atProbably the worst single-player campaign out there. The story is a mess and seems more like a tour of different vehicles and fights than anything interesting. I think DICE spent too much time on graphics, without realising that good graphics don't make a good game. Did they not get the memo? Multiplayer is pretty bland. Tanks are overpowered and if you don't have one you're going to be at the mercy of someone who does. Or someone who has better internet. Or better gear from playing more. Expand
  36. Apr 25, 2013
    The PC version in better in every way that got a 10 from me but the ps3 version isn't that good compared but great game still worth buying even if you have a bad PC
  37. Apr 15, 2013
    Just purchased the Premium Edition on sale for $39.99 and I've got to say, even though this is an older game at this point, the amount of content included is a steal at that price. Haven't played it since the original release, so having all of these new maps and weapons to play with makes it almost a brand new experience. Awesome to have the close quarters map pack for fast paced ADDJust purchased the Premium Edition on sale for $39.99 and I've got to say, even though this is an older game at this point, the amount of content included is a steal at that price. Haven't played it since the original release, so having all of these new maps and weapons to play with makes it almost a brand new experience. Awesome to have the close quarters map pack for fast paced ADD action, alongside the larger expansion packs for a more tactical experience. The online community is still thriving as well, which is nice not having to worry about finding a full lobby. The single player is typical military FPS fodder, but the online more then makes up for that. Expand
  38. Apr 11, 2013
    Absolutely love this game. I have premium, I am level 45 in the multiplayer and there is still many things I haven't ever tried in the game. This game is huge and will have you going on forever. This is not a "maybe I might buy it" it is a MUST HAVE.
  39. Apr 10, 2013
    Great game over all. In my opinion the best part of the game is the multiplayer, because you really feel like you are part of a goal. In call of duty and other games like that where you are a lone wolf your team really doesn't matter to you. In Battlefield 3 you have to heal or supply your team mates with ammo, and some times take out a plane, chopper, or tank. When you think about it youGreat game over all. In my opinion the best part of the game is the multiplayer, because you really feel like you are part of a goal. In call of duty and other games like that where you are a lone wolf your team really doesn't matter to you. In Battlefield 3 you have to heal or supply your team mates with ammo, and some times take out a plane, chopper, or tank. When you think about it you working together could be the cause of winning or loosing. I feel that Dice made a very strong game and really like that they keep on making updates, patches and DLC (downloadable content), to supply you with new content like maps and also guns. The only thing that I believe that they could have improved upon was making it so that the damage of the bolt action snipers would kill in one hit, but only if you hit the person above the waste. It just felt like the snipers were pretty under powered, because the final sniper still only killed in one hit if you hit them in the head. (if a sniper fires a 50cal. round then even a few inches away from the body would rip the flesh right off of them. This I felt was like smacking all snipers in the face when a realistic game wouldn't be realistic towards snipers) I believe that their reason was that they did not want to make the snipers over powered, but instead they made them under powered. Over all It is a great game and I recommend it. Just know that if you like to snipe the rifles might make you mad when you hit someone in the upper chest and they do not die. Lastly the story was about an 8.5/10 in my opinion.
    Thank-you
    Starrqwas
  40. Apr 5, 2013
    I try to avoid multiplayer games but this game just has me hooked...but, as my normal self, I played the campaign first and by god did I hate it, no matter how hard I try I just can't complete it because I just get way too bored, too much linearity and too many QTEs, I mean if you can fly a jet in the multiplayer why can't you in the single player!!...well the main purpose of the game isI try to avoid multiplayer games but this game just has me hooked...but, as my normal self, I played the campaign first and by god did I hate it, no matter how hard I try I just can't complete it because I just get way too bored, too much linearity and too many QTEs, I mean if you can fly a jet in the multiplayer why can't you in the single player!!...well the main purpose of the game is the multilayer and its just so addicting I just can't stop playing, the fact that he graphics are so realistic even on a console, the guns feel fantastic and I love the classes base system which makes randomners play as a team, something call of duty has seem to fail to implement. Also the co-op is really nothing special, just a bland co-op mode. the multiplayer is the thing that makes Battlefield stand on its own two feet Expand
  41. Mar 22, 2013
    Contains some of the best graphics on the console; its scope is showcased in the incredible detail on the very large maps it boasts. The multiplayer is polished and as exiting to play as any FPS out there. The campaign is incredibly underwhelming. Save for one level, the entire thing is pretty forgettable. Only get this if you enjoy playing FPS online.
  42. Mar 20, 2013
    I'm going to point out the pros & cons. I will admit that I am a huge fan of the Battlefield series & I consider it one of the best shooters on consoles. BF3 Improves on where others failed (BC series). The multiplayer is where it shines as always. Dice's frostbite engine makes the battlefield come to life, 32 player battles on destructible environments is amazing. I feel the maps affectI'm going to point out the pros & cons. I will admit that I am a huge fan of the Battlefield series & I consider it one of the best shooters on consoles. BF3 Improves on where others failed (BC series). The multiplayer is where it shines as always. Dice's frostbite engine makes the battlefield come to life, 32 player battles on destructible environments is amazing. I feel the maps affect your play style, for example maps like metro will put your CQC to the test, shotties & SMG's can rule the battlefield; the battle centers in the tunnel while a team can be pushed outside to the buildings outside of the train station, the other can be pushed furthe in. Other maps will require you to learn how to use a Heli, Jets, Tanks and transport. Bullet drop makes sniping rewarding when you have determine distance & timing. Unlike COD, shooting and getting those hit ratios or headshots at long distances requires actual practice. The one man army or Rambo's don't stand a chance here, trick shots neither, BF3 is a game for serious shooter fans IMO. This game requires actual teamwork for you to get an upperhand in matches, battles are some of the most intese I have experienced in any shooter up to date. Tons of unlockables, huge maps & a good selection of vehicles to choose from (when players are not spawn camping vehicles). Co-op & single player campaign: Co-op I would only recommend for unlocking certain weapons (or just pay for them on the PSN store & save time) & sp campaign is nowhere near as good as BC's.... not even worth mentioning.... it's that bad. Pros:
    -Maps are huge.
    -Tons of unlockables (dogtags, weapons, attatchments, vehicle abilities & camo).
    -Intense squad based battles.
    -Graphic look beautiful.
    -Vehicles (finally jets on consoles)
    -DLC support is great (introducing new vehicles & weapons).

Cons: -VoIP Chat is buggy
    -Vehicle Dominance is a big thing... one great chopper pilot can destroy a whole team, this is rare but it happens & when it does it's bad news even when you are on the winning team. There's a term for these type of situation but it's not appropriate for me to use the phrase in my review lol... Base*****.
    -Hit detection can be buggy at times too.

So that is why I give it a 9 out of 10. Suggestions I have would be to improve VoIP chat on the next installmen & give the next entry more Beta testing time in order to avoid bugs because when we purchased at launch we ended up with a few game breaking bugs.
    That's it for my BF3 review on PS3.
  43. Mar 17, 2013
    I was impressed by the graphics and sounds and I really enjoyed the Campaign as its full of entertaining events, although it could be just little bit longer to fully satisfy me, but I don't really ask too much from it, the mutiplayer from the ground up was a very fun, interesting, enjoyable experience, there are many opportunities and ways to play, although I'd say this game was much moreI was impressed by the graphics and sounds and I really enjoyed the Campaign as its full of entertaining events, although it could be just little bit longer to fully satisfy me, but I don't really ask too much from it, the mutiplayer from the ground up was a very fun, interesting, enjoyable experience, there are many opportunities and ways to play, although I'd say this game was much more fun before Premium service, cause I dislike the new wider border map, not to mention I constantly gets disconnected from servers making this game time from time unplayable, but still this is an all out most exciting FPS game I ever played. Expand
  44. Mar 12, 2013
    Battlefield 3 is incredible as long as you play it sparingly. The story was film quality, the mechanics are amazing, and combat is intense. Sure, there isn't much replay-ability, but the same can be said for all FPS games. The only other problems are the DLC, which doesn't offer as much as it could, and constant patches that change the game too much.
  45. Feb 21, 2013
    Big change came to the battlefield series with DICE's new installment Battlefield 3. I started with the singleplayer and that was a bad start. Uninspired campaign full of glitches and forgettable characters marks a difference between Bad Company and BF3. Bad Company 2 had awesome characters with awesome dialogues. But, once again, the multiplayer IS the game in many ways. DestructableBig change came to the battlefield series with DICE's new installment Battlefield 3. I started with the singleplayer and that was a bad start. Uninspired campaign full of glitches and forgettable characters marks a difference between Bad Company and BF3. Bad Company 2 had awesome characters with awesome dialogues. But, once again, the multiplayer IS the game in many ways. Destructable environments, good weapon balance and AWESOME graphics make the multiplayer one of the most enjoyable of this decade. Teamwork is still a core element, and without it you won't be able to win a match. Squad system is back from BC2, and it works the same, allowing 4-man-squad that can spawn in each other to keep a strong frontline. One last complaint When you buy the game, you buy 60% of it. Battlefield Premium gives the player a lot of new maps, new guns and new gamemodes. If you have premium, then you have the complete Battlefield 3 experience. Singleplayer is bad, but because of the multiplayer, that bad campaign is forgiven and i advice you, do not play it. Overall, Battlefield 3 have got some of what make it's predecessor succesful, and a lot of new stuff. Awesome game, dudes. Expand
  46. Feb 19, 2013
    Why do reviewers have to be extremists? There are those giving it 0s and other bad scores. They are just trolls, thinking EA is Lucifer or something. And there are those who give in 10s, thinking this game is flawless, and that EA is a saint. Anyway, on to my review. The singleplayer game...LOL...what singleplayer game? That is irrelevant when it come to Battlefield. Multiplayer is theWhy do reviewers have to be extremists? There are those giving it 0s and other bad scores. They are just trolls, thinking EA is Lucifer or something. And there are those who give in 10s, thinking this game is flawless, and that EA is a saint. Anyway, on to my review. The singleplayer game...LOL...what singleplayer game? That is irrelevant when it come to Battlefield. Multiplayer is the reason to play this game. It's deep, fun and epic. Just don't take you run-and-gun tactics here. But here is my biggest complaint: the DLC. I bought this game for Christmas 2011, and last year they re-released the game with Premium. That's right, you get the game and Premium (all DLC) for $60 now. Everyone else must pay $50 for Premium. That's a total of $110 we spend. That's what I don't like about EA. But anyway, now is a perfect time to get it. The past is past. Oh, and if have a behemoth of a PC, you should get the PC version instead. Not that the console games are bad. I don't have a powerful PC, I have the PS3 version, yet both are good where they are. Expand
  47. Feb 6, 2013
    With its superb graphics and excellent Frostbite 2 technology, Battlefield 3 delivers an excellent gaming experience and is a must-buy for any first-person shooter enthusiast.
  48. Jan 21, 2013
    I loved this game when it came out, I played it for hours and hours and hours and apart from some technical glitches I had a great time, if I had written a review then I would have scored it a 10, HOWEVER.... Then EA/Dice came up with a greedy money making scheme and decided to rent out the games multiplayer servers to private users.... bad move guys because that single act of greed hasI loved this game when it came out, I played it for hours and hours and hours and apart from some technical glitches I had a great time, if I had written a review then I would have scored it a 10, HOWEVER.... Then EA/Dice came up with a greedy money making scheme and decided to rent out the games multiplayer servers to private users.... bad move guys because that single act of greed has ruined your game completely and as a result I will never play it online again. For that I give BF3 a big fat zero. Expand
  49. Jan 13, 2013
    Another great war game here. The campaign to the game had some kind of spark to it, which is what I was looking for. I got into the Battlefield series when Battlefield Bad Company 2 came out, and I loved that game. The multiplayer in these games though feel the same other than the new jet improvement, which would be the best improvement to the game. I enjoy the co-op feature, and theAnother great war game here. The campaign to the game had some kind of spark to it, which is what I was looking for. I got into the Battlefield series when Battlefield Bad Company 2 came out, and I loved that game. The multiplayer in these games though feel the same other than the new jet improvement, which would be the best improvement to the game. I enjoy the co-op feature, and the multiplayer is spectacular. The only problems I have with this game is, the campaign even though I said it was good, needed a little more to it. It didn't spark AS MUCH as Battlefield Bad Company 2 did. If you wanted to play this game, just spend your money and get it. It is truly a DICE masterpiece. It deserves a lot more than what it is credited for. DICE, you have done it again. Expand
  50. Dec 27, 2012
    Great game one of the best BF ever,if not the best...But the story is really really boring and no emotion,but online is the savior in this case,a wonderful online in my opinion,but i hope in the future BF will be a even better game and be the best shooter game ever !
  51. Dec 27, 2012
    I wasn't a fan of first person shooters until I tried Bad Company 2, which was a unique experience compared to the Call of Duty that I tried before and I disliked. So when this game came out I decided to get it. The first thing you notice is how beautiful this game looks even on a console! The lighting, the graphics, all make it realistic and alive. The campaign was not that good, itI wasn't a fan of first person shooters until I tried Bad Company 2, which was a unique experience compared to the Call of Duty that I tried before and I disliked. So when this game came out I decided to get it. The first thing you notice is how beautiful this game looks even on a console! The lighting, the graphics, all make it realistic and alive. The campaign was not that good, it seemed that you heard about it all before, other shooters have already done something similar to that story, and that was disappointing. The campaign of Bad Company 2 was good, but this one, not so much. Go to the multiplayer though, and it seems like a whole new game! The multiplayer experience is just amazing, the way the game modes are structured, the beautiful maps, the wide variety of weapons make Battlefield 3's multiplayer the best one I have ever played. You can choose between four classes while playing online, and unlock different weapons and specializations for it. You need to follow the role of your class, and don't do whatever you want as this is a team based game and playing as a team will offer you the ultimate experience. There is where the game is different than Call of Duty, where everyone is playing for himself, and thinks about himself only. In this game it makes you feel like you are in a real battlefield, and you contribute to the result of the game. The story might not be that good, but you should definitely get his game for its multiplayer. If you want to get a first person shooter, this is the choice you should follow. Expand
  52. Dec 16, 2012
    In my opinion, it would be nice to have some offline multiplayer or co-op capabilities like that in CoD, but no other game I've ever played comes even half as close to the immersive online world that Battlefield presents. In short, is the only FPS game I ever need to play online. It's just that good
  53. Dec 15, 2012
    I really think this is the best FPS out there at the moment. COD doesn't even come close to how much depth this game has in the multiplayer. If you don't want to get around on foot, you have all the land and air vehicles. You can spend most of your time in vehicles if you want to. I think I have about 150 hours up in this game, and I don't think I'll be stopping any time soon. The latestI really think this is the best FPS out there at the moment. COD doesn't even come close to how much depth this game has in the multiplayer. If you don't want to get around on foot, you have all the land and air vehicles. You can spend most of your time in vehicles if you want to. I think I have about 150 hours up in this game, and I don't think I'll be stopping any time soon. The latest DLC Aftermath is the best one yet. All four maps are great. If you are bored of the same old same old with COD, give this game a go. Oh and there's some very cool guns! Expand
  54. Dec 7, 2012
    Beautiful graphics and amazing gameplay. Campaign is ok ( I wish there were more missions ) and worth the 8 hours needed to complete it. Co-op campaign helps increase the fun and is more harder than the regular campaign. The real fun is in the multiplayer. It probably has the best multiplayer out of all the First-Person Shooters till date. Over all, an extremely good game and in my opinionBeautiful graphics and amazing gameplay. Campaign is ok ( I wish there were more missions ) and worth the 8 hours needed to complete it. Co-op campaign helps increase the fun and is more harder than the regular campaign. The real fun is in the multiplayer. It probably has the best multiplayer out of all the First-Person Shooters till date. Over all, an extremely good game and in my opinion a must-buy for all fans and to-be fans of the series. Expand
  55. Dec 7, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Today, we don Expand
  56. Nov 27, 2012
    Bought this game a year ago and I will have to say it was tough to get used to in the beginning, but I was looking for something different than the Call Of Duty line of games and which I used to play religiously every day. People that are disappointed at this game are not giving it a fair shot with a quick and over with campaign which is about 7 hours. The multi-player is where its at,Bought this game a year ago and I will have to say it was tough to get used to in the beginning, but I was looking for something different than the Call Of Duty line of games and which I used to play religiously every day. People that are disappointed at this game are not giving it a fair shot with a quick and over with campaign which is about 7 hours. The multi-player is where its at, being able to select and/or build your own server is nice as well in the multi-player.
    Battle Field 3 has amazing graphics you will immense yourself in the game once you figure out the controls and settings so those of you COD fans that are looking for something more in a first person shooter this is it!! As for whoever gives it a shot please give it a few hours of multi-player crashing jets and blowing up tanks, jeeps and helicopters to get used to it I know a few of my fellow friends that can agree with me on this. Thanks for reading and hope to see you online!!
  57. Nov 27, 2012
    It took me so long because this game kinda got lost in the barrage of games and I sold it. I rebought the premium edition a couple months ago, and let me say that this is easily the best shooter I've ever play. Might as well get into the cod comparison right away. This game makes cod feel like a last gen game. Cod feels like it was made on PS2.5, and this feels like PS3.5 Simply the wayIt took me so long because this game kinda got lost in the barrage of games and I sold it. I rebought the premium edition a couple months ago, and let me say that this is easily the best shooter I've ever play. Might as well get into the cod comparison right away. This game makes cod feel like a last gen game. Cod feels like it was made on PS2.5, and this feels like PS3.5 Simply the way the chars move is incredible. Look at when you knife someone from behind. It looks so real. And giant battlefields with vehicles and battles going on in the sky. Maybe this is why I liked MW3 and hated BO2. I played MW3 before this and BO2 after. I am sooo on the B3 bandwagon, and soooo on the we-hate-cod bandwagon. Expand
  58. Nov 27, 2012
    A perfect 10. Lots of variety, weapons, vehicles, jets, choppers, gadgets, attachments, modes to keep you engaged day in and day out.. beautifully balanced weapons! has some bugs and issues.. But Multiplayer is pure bliss.. Single player ? What single player :)
  59. Nov 25, 2012
    This game kinda dissapointed me.i was looking forward to it, but it wasn't that good. the campaign was bad, it was really boring.The multiplayer was good, but not good enough for the 50 bucks. the game looks really good tough, but i didn't really liked it. i think i'm gonna sell it or trade it.
  60. Nov 25, 2012
    Battlefield 3 is worse than Bad Company 2. Yes the graphics are better and the campaign although shallow is his storyline is good but what makes it worse is the multiplayer. It's that it's bad but it's just not good enough. The loadout menus are confusing and completely unintuitive and the maps are just not better than Bad Company 2.
  61. Nov 23, 2012
    First of all, the campaign greatly sucked. Just felt like Call of Duty: too short, too linear and a hollywoodian cheesy story. Now, let's get to the real thing: multiplayer: the gameplay is truly one of the most intense FPS experience I've ever had (even with the lack of destruction). Add to that eye-candy graphics and life-like SFX, you have what's potentially the best war simulator ever.
  62. Nov 23, 2012
    Why a 0? Input lag simply causes too much interference on to many occasions. It is pretty ridiculous that something as essential as aiming in a FPS is troublesome... Worth the buy? No.
  63. Nov 23, 2012
    Battlefield 3 is probably the best military first person shooter on the market nowadays. This game is equivalent of what counter strike was in early 2000's. Pro's; Maps are fun and generally beautifully designed, practice makes perfect for aiming but when you get used to you can be sure you will shoot any noob player face to face (unlike some other shooters), really cool destructableBattlefield 3 is probably the best military first person shooter on the market nowadays. This game is equivalent of what counter strike was in early 2000's. Pro's; Maps are fun and generally beautifully designed, practice makes perfect for aiming but when you get used to you can be sure you will shoot any noob player face to face (unlike some other shooters), really cool destructable environments (not as destructible as bfbc2 though, but more realistic). Probably the best teamwork in a shooter, even without headphones and mics. Con's; There are many weapons in the game but in the end you will be using just a few of them, in conquest maps sometimes air vehicles becoming overpowered, ticket system & ressurecting players (medic) can be annoying and open to exploiting. Overall; there are hours to be spent in the same squad with some close friends. Expand
  64. Nov 22, 2012
    The campaign is awesome. the graphics in the campaign are awesome. The multiplayer is good. Really unbalanced. Weapons are unbalanced. the new engine is awesome. Way to put some extra effort in there. Besides that, It feels really blue. Like everything is blue.
  65. Nov 8, 2012
    Many maps are too still too large for the 24 player cap even after having been redacted from the PC version. Input lag from the controller makes aiming and maneuvering the maps a chore. Choppy framerate and loooong texture load times make an otherwise good looking game that much worse. VOIP is broken. The singleplayer portion of the game is less a game and more a series of quicktimeMany maps are too still too large for the 24 player cap even after having been redacted from the PC version. Input lag from the controller makes aiming and maneuvering the maps a chore. Choppy framerate and loooong texture load times make an otherwise good looking game that much worse. VOIP is broken. The singleplayer portion of the game is less a game and more a series of quicktime events and long corridors with no freedom of movement or exploration - aka every modern FPS. Save yourself the trouble and just get the PC version. I have no idea if the 360 version suffers similar issues or is more sufferable. Expand
  66. Nov 1, 2012
    Best FPS game of all time so far!! Bring the artform of FPS gaming into the wonderful world of entertainment to the fore. A great piece of multi dimensional gaming..amazing Multiplayer, big maps, vehicles, destruction..Thank you DICE!
  67. Oct 13, 2012
    Battlefield 3 had so much promise. Unfortunately, Dice doesn't seem to care about their own product and the endresult is this buggy mess. There are a number of problems with it and it takes forever for Dice to come around and fix them. If they fix them. Some of these bugs, like persistent problems with spawning without your weapon in multiplayer (!) makes the game unplayable. The singleBattlefield 3 had so much promise. Unfortunately, Dice doesn't seem to care about their own product and the endresult is this buggy mess. There are a number of problems with it and it takes forever for Dice to come around and fix them. If they fix them. Some of these bugs, like persistent problems with spawning without your weapon in multiplayer (!) makes the game unplayable. The single player portion is alright, but some of the checkpoints are mystifying. It certainly seem to lack having been playtested. Expand
  68. Oct 3, 2012
    Esta claro que la pugna por el trono del shooter del año 2011 estaba clarísimo, aunque la mayoría de revistas del sector no comparta la opinión de la gran mayoría de jugadores. Battlefield 3 tiene una campaña bastante mala, sin duda, pero no te lo vas a comprar para jugar al modo historia.
    Su modo multijugador es uno de los más competitivos
    Su modo multijugador es uno de los más competitivos hoy en día, que huye de las partidas rápidas y sin sustancia del COD para traernos unos combates donde la coordinación y el trabajo en equipo son tan necesarios como la habilidad individual.

Graficamente es muy bueno y aunque no llegue al nivel del PC hay que reconocerle que por momentos es espectacular. El sonido merece una mención a parte con los efectos más realistas de disparos que se hayan escuchado en un juego.

En conclusión no es juego para todos pero sí para aquellos que busquen un reto y más aun si lo juegas con amigos, entonces la diversión se dispara.

Gráficos: 8
    Sonido: 9.5
    Diversión/Jugabilidad: 8
    Duración: 8
    Total: 8
  69. Sep 25, 2012
    Just going to keep this short and sweet. Great game. Funnest FPS to date. Lots of people will disagree with me for 1 reason and 1 reason only. THEY ARE CALL OF DUTY LOVERS AND HATE EVERYTHING ELSE. That is why this game has over 5,000 0 - 3 ratings. This is way better. WAY bigger maps and more vehicles!
  70. Sep 17, 2012
    After one year of playing I must say this game is the best FPS to date, it is not the perfect one but the best, team plays feels natural and is totally needed to win, maps are designed perfectly, and classes are well balanced, very realistic and it has vehicles. It takes time to learn how to play, specially if you come from CoD Games. Single player and co-op are excellent and areAfter one year of playing I must say this game is the best FPS to date, it is not the perfect one but the best, team plays feels natural and is totally needed to win, maps are designed perfectly, and classes are well balanced, very realistic and it has vehicles. It takes time to learn how to play, specially if you come from CoD Games. Single player and co-op are excellent and are introduction and tutorials to each class in the game.///////////////////////////

The environments change, making you feel the adrenaline of winning or losing, and a sense of progression, strategy and classes must change each map stage, though you can stay the same class, adopting is the key, sometimes you will pass from wide open areas ideal for snipers to tunnels ideals for suppression./////////////////////////

This game brings tactics, skill and strategy to the field, if you miss one of them, you will suffer and this game is not for you, you will not understand the multiplayer dynamics and ultimately, bore you. ////////////////////////

The downsize, and the fact I did not give it a perfect score is that, DICE is constantly patching the game with dozens of changes in weapons, vehicles and so, after spending a lot of time learning and feeling comfortable with a weapon and excelling the vehicles, the next month, all changes and you have to find another weapon to feel the most comfortable with. Though, some people seem happy the game keeps the balance.////////////////////////////
  71. Sep 17, 2012
    This game was a little disappointed with it as I thought Battlefield Bad Company 2 is better but this game is still worth a pickup. The Campaign is boring and the Co-Op is something DICE shouldn't do again. Online is fun but the PS3 version suffers from input lag.
  72. Sep 14, 2012
    This game has only one good thing - graphics. The other things are terrible. Lots of bugs in multiplayer is normal for this game and the developers dont even try to fix them. They are releasing patches every 3 months that fix only guns behaviour and do nothing with instant-no-reason deaths, horrible teleporting lags on servers with 1-50 ping and many other horrible things. And what aboutThis game has only one good thing - graphics. The other things are terrible. Lots of bugs in multiplayer is normal for this game and the developers dont even try to fix them. They are releasing patches every 3 months that fix only guns behaviour and do nothing with instant-no-reason deaths, horrible teleporting lags on servers with 1-50 ping and many other horrible things. And what about maps? Only 9 maps - of you want to have more you have to PAY! Thats very interesting, because EA said they will never be like their competitor - Activision, who made CoD:Elite service with free new maps/guns/etc for people who bought it. Ta-daaa Battlefield 3: Preimum!!! Really WTF? Expand
  73. Sep 13, 2012
    This is a boring and simplified version of PC-edition... This means that EVERYTHING is worse... and the game cost So HIGH... That it is better to buy PC version and be happy... $)
  74. Sep 13, 2012
    **** game, game station for 3 bad out - not buy the game for $ 150, and a bunch of additions to 49.99 and Clos kvartals and karkand, and what we have - no weapons, no balance - M16 changed to m416, imbalance fierce, additions are uemu money , the premium generally more expensive game - buy this knife orange and all that?
  75. Sep 7, 2012
    Such an amazing game the graphics is awesome and the multiplayer is so much fun the only flaw i have with the game is 24 players is the player limit on every map and on the big maps you could run around for ages and not find anyone to kill.
  76. Aug 19, 2012
    Good campaign and alright multiplayer. I hate both Battlefield and Call Of Duty because of the annoying f%cking fanboys that need to stfu. This games is great but I prefer FPS games such as Killzone 3, Bioshock ,ect.
  77. Aug 18, 2012
    This is a great game I'm sick of all the people shooting it down because they're cod fan boys. Sure the single player may not be the best but that's not what the game was made for it was made for the multiplayer and it's so amazing Most of the time you feel like you're on a real battlefield with all the genuine sounds and graphics. Yes i understand it may be a little buggy at times butThis is a great game I'm sick of all the people shooting it down because they're cod fan boys. Sure the single player may not be the best but that's not what the game was made for it was made for the multiplayer and it's so amazing Most of the time you feel like you're on a real battlefield with all the genuine sounds and graphics. Yes i understand it may be a little buggy at times but they just made a whole new engine and it's sort of to be expected but the bugs really aren't that bad really they're not game breaking Expand
  78. Aug 13, 2012
    Battlefield 3's campaign is disappointing, but the multiplayer is amazing. This game may have the best MP, because It haves large maps, vehicles, and even warfare airplanes. And, the amazing Frostbite 2 engine, make this game beautiful to see with your eyes. Even sound design is improved. Just wished that the offline experience (single player), to be a success, not just a rip off campaignBattlefield 3's campaign is disappointing, but the multiplayer is amazing. This game may have the best MP, because It haves large maps, vehicles, and even warfare airplanes. And, the amazing Frostbite 2 engine, make this game beautiful to see with your eyes. Even sound design is improved. Just wished that the offline experience (single player), to be a success, not just a rip off campaign of COD, because of It's moments. 86 out of 100 Expand
  79. Aug 11, 2012
    Anyone who was dissapointed by Modern Warfare 3's multiplayer should and most likely will have bought this game as a substitute. Though the co-op is much shorter, less varied and lacking in leaderboards (not to mention that you can't play it on your own or even on splitscreen); the multiplayer is what most people are interested in - it's a Battlefield game after all. As a CoD substitute,Anyone who was dissapointed by Modern Warfare 3's multiplayer should and most likely will have bought this game as a substitute. Though the co-op is much shorter, less varied and lacking in leaderboards (not to mention that you can't play it on your own or even on splitscreen); the multiplayer is what most people are interested in - it's a Battlefield game after all. As a CoD substitute, Battlefield 3 is a pleasant change due to the different classes, attachments which have a point and the wide variety of map/mode combination to accomodate for different playstyles. Everything from Noshahr Canals TDM to Caspian Border CQ, whether you want infantry-only CoD style games, infantry objective like on Operation Metro, ground vehicles only like in Grand Bazaar and Seine Crossing or all out vehicle maps with jets and large landscapes, this game can give you it. The progression, ranking and unlocks is far superior to Call of Duty's and this is a much more satisfying game to play too. Given how every button on the controller is used (infact there's not enough room for some things such as squad commands and mini-map zoom) it would be easy to expect the controls to be clunky and unresponsive as on Bad Company. In reality, this game has the smoothest controls for any console FPS, with a wide range of sensitivity options and a button layout which may not be ideal but the best compromise for a controller and could not be improved in any way to make it more ergonomically comfortable to use. The only criticisms which can be directed to the console version of this game are almost entirely from a technical persepctive. The 24 player limit means larger maps are much less fun and not as much action as you'd like, making TDM more viable or at least smaller, city maps for conquest and rush modes. Field of View is far too low on smaller maps, making it difficult to see enemies right next to you. The graphics, though they still demolish MW3's IW 5.0 (which is pretty much the same as MW2's) are not as spectacular as the PC version, though this is not the game's fault and more the lazy duopoly of the hardcore console market who still haven't updated their console's hardware. Remarkably though, Battlefield 3 still is a great looking game and very much playable at 30 FPS even on the lowest possible settings and 1280x704 resolution, whereas on PC anything below 40 FPS seems unplayable. One of the biggest advantages of Battlefield 3 (aside from the fact that it takes skill, has no killstreaks and actually has recoil and suppression and tactics involved) is that it has dedicated servers, and console players are able to rent their own servers. The result is completely lag-free multiplayer - something which Call of Duty has been lacking since, well, ever. Joining a friend is quick and easy, and battlelog integration is seemless both online, on console and bf3stats.com. I would highly recommend this game to anyone who likes less arcade-style and more realistic shooters. However, if you want the ultimate Battlefield 3 experience get a PC that can run the game on High and play on 32+ player servers. Expand
  80. Jul 29, 2012
    As always, after being deceived by the hype and trailers released for Battlefield 3, my expectations were beaming high, day one purchase for me and although I was satisfied with what I got, I couldn't help but feel the console versions fell inferior to the PC. The campaign was medicore but is worth a playthrough if you have the spare money and time to do so, but in my own opinion,As always, after being deceived by the hype and trailers released for Battlefield 3, my expectations were beaming high, day one purchase for me and although I was satisfied with what I got, I couldn't help but feel the console versions fell inferior to the PC. The campaign was medicore but is worth a playthrough if you have the spare money and time to do so, but in my own opinion, Battlefield 3 won me over due to their team based multiplayer. Unlike games such as call of duty, me constantly dying never once frustrated me, I seemed to just laugh and brush it of as battlefield 3 allows you to enjoy the realism and scale of the multiplayer modes. However, I was again disappointed as maps as well as the amount of people per match were scaled down on consoles compared to the PC but that too was expected. Nonetheless, I must argue that if you have no one to play this with, just try rent it, as said, this is a team based multiplayer game, and with most team base games, you need at least a few friends or just the one to keep you satisfied. Expand
  81. Jul 17, 2012
    Not an amazing game by far, but average. When I first pre-ordered this game I thought I was strapping in for a great team based shooter just like its predecessor, I was wrong. From the modern warfare type feel to its lack of tactical strategy it is a disappointment to BF2BC lovers everywhere. I only gave this title a 6/10 due to the fact that I play the game occasionally and that I supportNot an amazing game by far, but average. When I first pre-ordered this game I thought I was strapping in for a great team based shooter just like its predecessor, I was wrong. From the modern warfare type feel to its lack of tactical strategy it is a disappointment to BF2BC lovers everywhere. I only gave this title a 6/10 due to the fact that I play the game occasionally and that I support Dice and know they will clean up this mess of a game in some fashion. Expand
  82. Jul 4, 2012
    Best multiplayer shooter I've ever played... fantastic step up form BF2.. great maps, fantastic weapons... great mix of infantry and vehicles...

A mention must go to the sound effects.. brilliant with a stereo headset and a must inthis game...
  83. Jun 28, 2012
    So shooting an enemy twice in the foot or arm results in death?!? So if you take cover behind a wall, desk, car high velocity bullets that travel between 2000 and 3000 feet per second will not penetrate that object?!? Yet somehow those same little 5.56mm and 7.62mm rounds can destroy the environment around you?!? If these FPS games are trying to be more and more realistic, they have aSo shooting an enemy twice in the foot or arm results in death?!? So if you take cover behind a wall, desk, car high velocity bullets that travel between 2000 and 3000 feet per second will not penetrate that object?!? Yet somehow those same little 5.56mm and 7.62mm rounds can destroy the environment around you?!? If these FPS games are trying to be more and more realistic, they have a long, long way to go. Expand
  84. Jun 28, 2012
    If you're like me and are completely sick and tired of the stupidity-filled Call of Duty series and are looking for a refreshing and more realistic view of modern warfare, then this is the game for you. BF3 contains gorgeous graphics, ultra-realistic physics and a highly addicting online experience that has managed to captivate millions of gamers. In comparison, MW3 is for people who enjoyIf you're like me and are completely sick and tired of the stupidity-filled Call of Duty series and are looking for a refreshing and more realistic view of modern warfare, then this is the game for you. BF3 contains gorgeous graphics, ultra-realistic physics and a highly addicting online experience that has managed to captivate millions of gamers. In comparison, MW3 is for people who enjoy getting very angry on a daily basis. Expand
  85. Jun 23, 2012
    WARNING:THIS GAME IS NOT FOR NOOBS....this game is a God send among fps shooters but lets get the campaign out the way shall we: I personally enjoyed the single player.the story was great and well paced and the final mission was very tense!! While it may not have been a crazy explosion filled roller coaster ride I enjoyed dice's approach..so it shouldn't be compared to other shooters IMO!WARNING:THIS GAME IS NOT FOR NOOBS....this game is a God send among fps shooters but lets get the campaign out the way shall we: I personally enjoyed the single player.the story was great and well paced and the final mission was very tense!! While it may not have been a crazy explosion filled roller coaster ride I enjoyed dice's approach..so it shouldn't be compared to other shooters IMO! The six co-op mission where a nice but could be so much more if dice decided not to abandon it and not create more mission.and last but CERTAINLY not least..multiplayer.when I first started playing it I was hooked instantly by its presentation to the level of detail to the sound of the weapons crumbling buildings being destroyed this game was with painstakingly attention to gamers satisfaction when pulling the trigger to dropping land mines to stop a tanks rein of terror!! Oh and there's air vehicles to..for people new to this series(I never played a bf before) its going to be tough adjusting to battlefields gameplay so just stick with and you'll rank up quick plus there's no op guns here BUT you MUST choose your loadout wisely or you will fail lets say you choose a shotgun in a large map..FAIL...here everything matters even camp the game does have flaws but most have been fixed with a patch here are there if you want the feel of true combat then I highly recommended this game just no that you can't run and gun senseless on here you also have to you tactics on the field of battle!! Expand
  86. Jun 20, 2012
    If you ask me, which is better, Battlefield 3 or Modern Warfare 3? Well, I would say Battlefield 3. Maybe Battlefield 3 campaign is a letdown, Battlefield is a multiplayer game. It haves a legendary multiplayer, and amazing graphics. A successful threequel I can say, because It's strategic and It haves well designed maps.
  87. Jun 13, 2012
    i personaly do not like the game but battlefield 3 is definetly a game for people wanting to play some realistic games.
    First off the campain is super boring but does bring a lot of action just no real storyline,
    Multiplayer is ok but lacks good action.
    finaly whoever thought it was a good idea to put a coop should be fired because its boring and takes time out of the real focus,mutiplayer
  88. Jun 3, 2012
    Battlefield 3 is EAs marketing giant offering the revolutionary Frostbite 2 engine. It takes place during a WMD crisis where are plot to attack New York and Paris is discovered. However the campaign is shadowed by the giant that is the Battlefield multiplayer.

Story: 7/10 Battlefield 3's campaign is completely independent to prior games in the series, so you do not need to be a

Story: 7/10
    Battlefield 3's campaign is completely independent to prior games in the series, so you do not need to be a Battlefield veteran to get into it. The campaign is truly beautiful and shows how horrific war can be without taking away from the gameplay. However the story is a cliche of WMDs, terrorists and Russians making it difficult to stand out next to other modern shooters.
    The characters are nothing special or particularly likeable but they seem like real people which only adds to the amazing war experience that Battlefield 3 has to offer. Gameplay: 8/10
    The gameplay is similar but more refined that the Bad Company series which a stronger emphasis on vehicle warfare than ever before. However this concentration on vehicles puts infantry at a strong disadvantage on larger multiplayer maps where Apache helicopters can decimate spawn areas very easily. However the addition of Jets are breathtaking and can be used to support ground units or for intense dogfights with other fighters. Finally the improvements to character movements look brilliant but can put players at a disadvantage when climbing over walls etc.

Graphics & Sound: 10/10
    The graphics and sound perfect particularly on the PC version or with a headset. However the console versions are still unbelieveable. As I mentioned earlier the improvements to character movements look brilliant but should have been focused in the campaign rather than multiplayer. The destruction element to the Frostbite engine has been toned down in multiplayer but allows for stunning cinematic moments.

Extras & Multiplayer: 8/10
    DICE's true calling is the Battlefield 3 multiplayer experience which is better and more refined that it has ever been. The balance between epic vehicle battles and close quarters gun fights is a nice change of base to other multiplayer games such as Call Of Duty. Battlefield has always been a team focused game and Battlefield 3 is no exception, this game is very rewarding to players paying in a cooperatively and assisting fellow team members. You can still play Battlefield 3 as a lone wolf player but your team will suffer because of it and you will not find the game as rewarding as you would when playing with a group of friends. The leveling of weapons and attachments are very well done and with the addition of new guns in dlc packs can only improve the game. The only problem with the multiplayer in this game is the balance issues, players can severly decimate opponents by rushing with shotguns with explosive rounds, charging points with vehicles or picking off opponents with sniper rifles from across the map.

Enjoyment: 7/10
    The enjoyment of this game is unfortunetly were this game suffers as will other games like Crysis and Killzone there is too much concentration on graphics rather than making the game fun to play which alot of games dont think about. However when playing with group of friends online this game can be very fun and you will keep coming back for more but when playing alone it will just seem like a well presented shooter.

Overrall Rating: 8 out of 10
  89. Jun 3, 2012
    Yet again another game that takes an excellent franchise and completely stuffs it. I'm currently going through the single player on normal, it would appear that every enemy is an expert marksman and can see round corners, whereas your team-mates (most of whom i would have shot myself a long time ago) appear to fail at hitting a barn door with a banjo. The first 2 games were fun and that'sYet again another game that takes an excellent franchise and completely stuffs it. I'm currently going through the single player on normal, it would appear that every enemy is an expert marksman and can see round corners, whereas your team-mates (most of whom i would have shot myself a long time ago) appear to fail at hitting a barn door with a banjo. The first 2 games were fun and that's what was great about battefield, FUN. It appears to have taken itself all serious and is far the worse for it. Expand
  90. Jun 2, 2012
    This isn't a perfect game, but it still kicks some serious ass, with it's gorgeous graphics, incredibly realistic sounds, and the outstanding multiplayer.

About singleplayer: It's one of the few reasons why I can't give the game a 10. It sucks most of the time, with loads of frustrating moments when you don't know where the shooting comes from and constantly die. And that's not realistic, it's just plain annoying. The singleplayer campaign tries to present itself as a Call of Duty-style rollercoaster ride, but only manages to do that in the last level, which actually helps to leave an overall positive impression.

About co-op: It's there just for show, and is mostly as frustrating as the singleplayer, it might not be ignored just to get some weapons for the multiplayer.

About multiplayer: It's where the game shines. Carefully balanced, it's going to hook you up for a while. Featuring seemingly quite few modes, they're all the game needs. It's always fun, whether you're going in close quarters with a shotgun, sniping people from the distance, flying by in a jet, or destroying buildings with a tank.

So, an awesome game, definitely worth picking up. I bought the limited edition (so with the Back to Karkand pack) and I don't regret it at all, the new maps and weapons are great.
  91. May 28, 2012
    This game is completely broken and unplayable. It's the same thing it's always been. The frame rate is sketchy, bullets sometimes don't hit even at kissing-close range when you're aiming RIGHT at the enemy due to lag, the story is extremely boring and repetitive. The FPS genre is dying because of games like this. These days, you're given a choice of picking your poison instead of pickingThis game is completely broken and unplayable. It's the same thing it's always been. The frame rate is sketchy, bullets sometimes don't hit even at kissing-close range when you're aiming RIGHT at the enemy due to lag, the story is extremely boring and repetitive. The FPS genre is dying because of games like this. These days, you're given a choice of picking your poison instead of picking what's actually a good game. So once more, I find myself going back to Counter-Strike.

It's basically another series of spawn, then die. I find myself sneaking around, trying to be careful and checking my corners, (as in, NOT playing this game like Call of Duty, as some fanboys will no doubt tell me not to) only to get sniped from someone on another continent. When I'm not getting sniped, I'm getting blinded by taclights used by idiots who think they're being funny by keeping me blinded for five seconds just to piss me off. That, or I'm getting killed by vehicle hogs after burning through three rockets trying to kill them. I have to suicide just to switch to the class with the rocket launcher, because I either have no teammates with rocket launchers, no teammates who can be bothered to take care of it, or no teammates nearby, period. It's like I get a hundred deaths for every one kill I get. The only consolation is that I got to sell it to someone else for the price I bought it at. I hated this game so much I wouldn't accept what GameStop would've offered me for it.

I'm really, REALLY surprised that anyone likes this game. It's like some people will just fanboy a series all the way to the end, go all the way to it, and will never, ever admit that a game has flaws. Not that MW3 doesn't (believe me, I know it does), but this game has even more flaws.

Furthermore, EA insists that a used copy constitutes buying a new online pass to access multiplayer. Their official statement was along the lines of "it hurts us when you buy a used game, and that's why we're doing this".

Here's the deal, EA: Your cash cow is officially broken. Make a game that isn't a steaming pile of crap, and you won't have to deal with that. I'll be more than happy to buy a new copy. Considering how awful your track record has become in the last five or so years, good luck with that. o_o
  92. May 27, 2012
    Campaign - About 6 hours long with no exciting, thrilling, or emotionally felt moments. After seeing the hype gathered around the campaign and a 12-minute minute video by EA, I had hopes for it and thought it would be better than the Call of Duty campaigns, but I was wrong. The only thing this has to offer is realism. It is pretty much a boring training simulator for the multiplayer.Campaign - About 6 hours long with no exciting, thrilling, or emotionally felt moments. After seeing the hype gathered around the campaign and a 12-minute minute video by EA, I had hopes for it and thought it would be better than the Call of Duty campaigns, but I was wrong. The only thing this has to offer is realism. It is pretty much a boring training simulator for the multiplayer. 40/100(F)

Graphics - Amazing! Not that I really care about it. Not much to say here, but the lighting is good at some moments and bad at others. Not a big deal though. 100/100(A+)

Gameplay - AI is good, but all of them look exactly the same and shooting certain weapons and flying jets are very difficuly, but that makes it more realistic. Framerate is only 30 frames per second for consoles instead of 60 Frames Per Second. 60 FPS would make the game run a lot smoother and more intense. 65/100(D+)

Multiplayer - OK, but too team oriented. I hate being in squads, especially when the squad is terrible. All guns have 3 round burst as an option for some reason. I hate that there are vehicles online because I would hate to get killed by someone flying over me instead of doing it face to face. A lot of campers no matter what these fanboys say. You need an online pass, so you can't let a friend try out the multiplayer and take it to a friend's house and play it there unless you bring your game system with you or redownload the pass at thier house. Maps are too huge and spawning makes it worse. It's fun to play sometimes, but I have to be in a really good mood. 75/100(C+)

Playing Time/Content - My playing time with this game won't be much and hasn't been much. Now that I have Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3....I may never play it much again. Content includes a single player campaign and multiplayer. Nothing special. 30/100(F)

Overall Score: 62/100(D-)

Other notes:

It tries too hard to not be Call of Duty and ends up disappointing me. I prefer Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

+ Frostbite Engine 2
    + Hit detection
    - Terrible campaign
    - It runs at 30 frames per second
  93. May 25, 2012
    I've played almost all the battlefield games since 1942 and i must say, this is amazing, Multiplayer simply excelled my expectations. Don't expect the graphics of battlefield 3 on the PS3 to be super high resolution than our lovely PC platform since the PlayStation is something like 7 years old. The game runs smoothly, with some hiccups. Great maps, decent selection of guns. overall Awesome game.
  94. May 13, 2012
    If you do not like this game, you must be insane! The graphics are great, the shooting physics of the game are realistic for the most part. It blows any other fps game available right now out of the water.
  95. May 13, 2012
    When I played BF Bad Company 2 I was impressed, and I brought it only for 25 dollars. When I brought Battlefield 3, still I was impressed, but a little disappointed. The modern atmosphere of Battlefield 3 really impressed me, and the graphics too. The gameplay didn't changed too much, but the new mechanics are fantastic. Some of the maps are well designed, but few of them are poorlyWhen I played BF Bad Company 2 I was impressed, and I brought it only for 25 dollars. When I brought Battlefield 3, still I was impressed, but a little disappointed. The modern atmosphere of Battlefield 3 really impressed me, and the graphics too. The gameplay didn't changed too much, but the new mechanics are fantastic. Some of the maps are well designed, but few of them are poorly designed. The single player of BF3 is a great ... disappointment. The story is uninteresting, and, none of the moments are terrific. Not a good single player, but a great multiplayer. Multiplayer is still legendary, and with a darker atmosphere. The multiplayer is about teamwork, and that's why the multiplayer is legendary. (9.6) Expand
  96. May 7, 2012
    After playing Modern Warfare, I tried to give a chance to the other side, and bought this game with the knowledge that "it might suck too". I heard good things about it, but I prefer to try them myself, And Thank God, they were all true: this game is fun! Not flawless, sure, but it's a huge step forward in comparison with Modern warfare 3. I'll mostly talk about the multiplayer because IAfter playing Modern Warfare, I tried to give a chance to the other side, and bought this game with the knowledge that "it might suck too". I heard good things about it, but I prefer to try them myself, And Thank God, they were all true: this game is fun! Not flawless, sure, but it's a huge step forward in comparison with Modern warfare 3. I'll mostly talk about the multiplayer because I haven't finished the single player campaign, but with that I mainly ahve one complaint: the story is realistic, ok, but it's too fragmented and it's hard to follow, and it's also a bit repetitive. And I heard it's also short. Anyway, the multiplayer of this game is fantastic: there are various modes which are actualy well made, and the maps fit perfectly the various modes (infact, it's basically the same place, just divived or restricted depending on the type of game). Of course the "main" mode is actually conquest, which you use tanks, cars, choppers and even planes to fight the other faction; then there is rush, which is a capping/defense mode; Team Deathmatch, which basically one faction against the other, and Squad Deathmatch, which is 4 squads against each others. Unfortunely there is no free for all here, and it's a bit of disappointment because, I think, it's a team based game, but yet the classes are...the same. They only differ from weapons and accessories, but not even much of that because some classes can use the same weapons (like the shotgun): they have almost everything identical and none of them has a superior stat or whatever (they have the same health too). Maybe I'm wrong though so take me lightly! Coming back to the Multiplayer, as usual you gain experience and gain both ranks and class levels, as well specific levels for any kind of vehicle you use, encouraging to play more and more a single class and vehicle: the reward is extra perks for your vehicles, weapons and moe accessories for your weapons to attach. I honestly don't like grinding, but this game does one thing right: it really encourages you to try everything. Once you get few unlocks, you hardly change your weapons, because you'll want to discover what more you can use, and I honestly enjoyed unlocking most of them for my weapons...even though some don't really differ a lot, but actually they differ from other internal stats, like the recoil, the speed of shooting, some accesories, range of the bullets: this actually makes you try every gun you have in order to see what fits you most, and it'll make you unlock more attachments (and starts, that shows you how much you've used it). There are perks also for vehicles, as I said, although that can be only done in few modes only, and here I noticed ONE big problem with the vehicle perks: it's HARD! I played for more than a month, but I still didn't manage to unlock the first perk for most of my vehicles, and unfortunely the missiles are the first to unlock: until then, have fun shooting down your enemies with a minigun! Also, in conquest mode the vehicles will be a huge hassle, because they can (of course) be hurt only by rocket launchers, mines, and explosives in general, downgrading the roles of your soldiers, unless they use tanks as well. There's also a co-op mode in which you play 6 different mission with an online companion, and I'll probably suck saying that "they are pretty hard!". However, playing co-op is encouraged because you unlock special weapons that can't be unlocked in the normal multiplayer, and it's not even that much hard. It's time well spent, in other words. Sorry for the wall of texts, but this game is huge and I really gotta say that this game is very, very well made, with very good maps where you can see the cure in details (and the frostbite2 engine shows it), a good "grinding" system that it's not bad and it's at least enjoyable, and (at least to me) a good netcode on the ps3 (infact I barely lagged and I just Dc'd 3 times in total). Only big loss is maybe that you won't be able to play with more than 24 players, making conquest mode a bit....loose, but that actually benefit any other type of gameplay. I really enjoy playing this game so far, and If anyone had a doubt between this and Modern Warfare 3, I'll simply say that "what MW3 does, BF3 does it better". Expand
  97. May 5, 2012
    I'm going to start this review by saying that if you can't/don't play games online then don't get this because the single player content (the campaign) by itself doesn't make this worth purchasing. The campaign is short, sweet, and nothing we haven't seen before. It's not the worst campaign I've played in a FPS, but it's far from the best, don't get me wrong it has it's fun moments andI'm going to start this review by saying that if you can't/don't play games online then don't get this because the single player content (the campaign) by itself doesn't make this worth purchasing. The campaign is short, sweet, and nothing we haven't seen before. It's not the worst campaign I've played in a FPS, but it's far from the best, don't get me wrong it has it's fun moments and manages to be a passable experience, but it's really short and not all that great or interesting, the real reason you should buy this is for the online multiplayer which is fantastic and will keep you entertained for countless hours, it's truly some of the best multiplayer out there as of right now. The game also has some co-op missions but they're lamer than the campaign and honestly just feel tacked on. If your looking for awesome multiplayer look no further, while the campaign may only be passable at best and the co-op missions lame the multiplayer more than makes up for it. Expand
  98. May 4, 2012
    After experiencing how broke MW3 was I decided to finally pick up Battlefield 3 since I heard only great things and videos of the game looked like the game was worth at least a shot. Being halfway through the campaign I found myself regretting what I had just done. I regretted buying this boring game. I am sorry but Battlefield 3 is by far one of the most boring first person shooters IAfter experiencing how broke MW3 was I decided to finally pick up Battlefield 3 since I heard only great things and videos of the game looked like the game was worth at least a shot. Being halfway through the campaign I found myself regretting what I had just done. I regretted buying this boring game. I am sorry but Battlefield 3 is by far one of the most boring first person shooters I have ever touched. The voice acting is not even sub par it's terrible. Nothing sounded real, there was too much cursing it sounded like whoever wrote everything was some foul mouthed teenager. The graphics are incredible but behind those beautiful graphics is one of the most generic shooters, I think ever. Theres a hell of a lot of bugs too. Did I mention that? I found myself getting blinded by street lights that would not go away unless I restarted my playstation 3, getting stuck on walls and going through walls are some of the many bugs I had. I eventually finished the campaign after hours of experiencing the magical repetitiveness so then I decided to give the multiplayer a try. It was incredibly fun at first, which is the reason why this game is getting a 2 from me. Team deathmatch is fun and has a few similarities to what call of duty has to offer but here is what I didn't like, it takes too long to unlock stuff - in these kind of games I like trying out new guns and it felt like it took forever to start unlocking guns that weren't worthless.. Playing maps with vehicles is incredibly boring even playing with friends I found myself being flat out bored driving around in tanks or helicopters. I don't care about people saying things about teamwork - when I play games I want to have fun. I would not recommend this game to anyone who is expecting a game with an epic campaign. The multiplayer is fun for a few weeks but eventually becomes repetitive with slow paced gameplay and slow unlocks. In closing don't be fooled at the videos people post on the internet of this game. It's more boring then it looks. I'm not sure where people got off calling this game more tactical then CoD but when I think of a tactical shooter I think of Rainbow Six not battlefield. Not to stir the MW3 vs BF3 pot any further, but I would take another rehashed Call of Duty over this turd. Expand
  99. May 3, 2012
    Great game but cannot compete agianst CoD as for many reasons. People enjoy Cod and keep buying it year after year becasue of it addicting play styles and how they advetise thier games. In ways people come to play their fast and enjoy games whereas Battlefield is more for tactic. I enjoy BF3 as much aswell as there is features like graphics and going on vechiles that i enjoy participatingGreat game but cannot compete agianst CoD as for many reasons. People enjoy Cod and keep buying it year after year becasue of it addicting play styles and how they advetise thier games. In ways people come to play their fast and enjoy games whereas Battlefield is more for tactic. I enjoy BF3 as much aswell as there is features like graphics and going on vechiles that i enjoy participating on, also how gun to gun skills is needed more in battlefield wide maps. over I enjoy the occasional battlefield. Expand
  100. May 2, 2012
    Starting out, Audio, weapons sound very well done, and soundtrack is very good. Graphics are above the standard stuff we've been getting for the last few years, however some textures remind me of halo 3, animations are good. Dialogue is poor as they swear in campaign aswell as on multiplayer(in addition to other online people), otherwise good. Gameplay, in campaign you are assigned certainStarting out, Audio, weapons sound very well done, and soundtrack is very good. Graphics are above the standard stuff we've been getting for the last few years, however some textures remind me of halo 3, animations are good. Dialogue is poor as they swear in campaign aswell as on multiplayer(in addition to other online people), otherwise good. Gameplay, in campaign you are assigned certain tasks, jet gunner, sniper, tank driver. Always has lots of action to keep you going and entertained. The campaign makes little sense at first but you eventually begin to understand what's going on. The last level really makes up for a lot of the campaign. Co-op(online only), it's difficult to get past the 2nd mission/fire in the sky, due to the incredible difficulty of flying a helicopter. Otherwise okay, but best played with a friend and have a mic each. Now competitive multiplayer, although not as balanced with the pick up and play ease of Team Fortress2, (you will find quick-scoping nigh on impossible), it reminds me of star-wars battlefront a bit due to large maps and style of multiplayer. It is addictive and tricky at first to get started but getting the physical warfare pack for free of ps-store helps with a access to a semi-auto shotgun(dao-12) and a sniper that helps start you off.
    Multiplayer really made this game, recommend purchase(pre-owned/rental will require a pass for multiplayer access). 9/10
  101. Oct 26, 2011
    I am so burnt out on being sold broken games only to suffer and hope that a fix is down the line shortly.

Broken party system, spotty mics, connection issues to games... and more. Getting stuck on 2" high obstacles or blow-up concrete that is sitting less than a foot off the ground is over kill as far as navigating a map, any real soldier wouldn't even have to see these obstacle they would just move right on be/over/around them, but we get to suffer the wraith of the 2" concrete slab that is in the open but cant seem to be walked over. Aircraft is a joke, moving through the air from an infantry perspective, jets look like they hover and fly in the wind like a lief in a breeze, controlling them is another thing altogether taking way to long to even get to the point of enjoyment.
    This game could have been so good... could have been.
    Sound is top notch all the weapons sound unique.

1. Feb 10, 2012
    Hopefully EA reconsiders its approach to toppling Call Of Duty in the future, and allows its games to develop their own personality, rather than imitate something else.
  2. Despite its incredible competitive online play, we can't ignore the shortcomings of its campaign and Co-Op. [Jan 2012, p.66]
  3. The nine multiplayer maps seem to be designed specifically to let players come up with their own creative strategies. Compared to COD, this gives the player a real sense of freedom. There is no such thing as a perfect strategy or a trotten path. [December 2011, p.74]