8.1

1. GustavH.
    Jul 4, 2008
    The game have a solid singleplayer experience that ofcourse have some smaller defects as its dice first game but the multiplayer is the best there is and have been on consoles and makes the game worth playing for a long time.
  2. LamLe
    Jul 19, 2008
    Battlefied: Bad Company is an awesome game! Just as good, if not a little bit better than Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. Both story mode and online gameplay is magnificent. Endless fooling around.
  3. WillP
    Oct 19, 2009
    Probably one of the most innovative, creative, and tactic-inspiring games I've played. Duly surpasses Call of Duty 4 by a mile in my book. Descructible environment, gameplay that is never the same twice, and a solid choise of maps makes sure you're playing this game for months. I thought the whole "EA Account" thing was kind of stupid at first, and then I realized how deep the Probably one of the most innovative, creative, and tactic-inspiring games I've played. Duly surpasses Call of Duty 4 by a mile in my book. Descructible environment, gameplay that is never the same twice, and a solid choise of maps makes sure you're playing this game for months. I thought the whole "EA Account" thing was kind of stupid at first, and then I realized how deep the Battlefield experience is. Definately one of the best games I've ever played (sorry COD4, you've been replaced) and I'm definately looking forward to the next one. If you've gotten bored of the repetitiveness of COD4 and are looking for something more interactive, this game will eat months of your life away. Play at your own risk. Expand
  4. Sep 24, 2010
    Very very nice game, is worth buying just for the multiplayer
    The only reason/s it does get a 10 is because, singleplayer is a bit too short and you're teammates in singleplayer don't really help you out that much
  5. Aug 24, 2011
    Not better than the great second part, but very innovative and clever. Bad Company introduction makes good attempt on satisfaction, DICE seriously took their works to a more wide perspective.
  6. Jul 9, 2012
    While the game can't quite hang with Call of Duty like several people expect it to, it is still a good game. An original story and good graphics make this a game you should definitely pick up. The only fault to me is with the sound. The guns sound a bit too much like Army Men.
  7. Dec 17, 2012
    Played the Battlefield Bad Company 2 first and it was Good, so in comparison with this one, Bad Company 1 has good controls also but the fact that you don't get to use a secondary weapon wasn't cool! and every time you get your heath low you got to crack a huge syringe on your chest to recover your full health, to me that was unnecessary and annoying. Still don't like the characters veryPlayed the Battlefield Bad Company 2 first and it was Good, so in comparison with this one, Bad Company 1 has good controls also but the fact that you don't get to use a secondary weapon wasn't cool! and every time you get your heath low you got to crack a huge syringe on your chest to recover your full health, to me that was unnecessary and annoying. Still don't like the characters very much but it has a good story. I like the maps on this Bad Company big enough a lot to explore but to me COD still a better choice for a FPS game. Expand
  8. DanielT.
    Jun 30, 2008
    this game is pretty bad considering what else is out there in the market already. it pales in comparison to Call of Duty 4 in every single way. do yourself a favor and save your money.
  9. AndyR.
    Jul 15, 2008
    I have to say that I'm not a big fan of FPS games on console, they just always feel clunky, coupled with the fact that a lot of the time enemies seem to just spawn out of nowhere *usually behind you, and the fact that you really can't die (just stick yourself, or jump to the last save), plus all the previous killed enemies stay dead, and I think that you've got a very poor I have to say that I'm not a big fan of FPS games on console, they just always feel clunky, coupled with the fact that a lot of the time enemies seem to just spawn out of nowhere *usually behind you, and the fact that you really can't die (just stick yourself, or jump to the last save), plus all the previous killed enemies stay dead, and I think that you've got a very poor game. True you can blow stuff up, but...is that it?! Come on, where are the real and true to the series Battlefield games that we know and love, not this made for console dross. Expand
  10. MattM.
    Aug 30, 2008
    Ok heres the deal. I would not suggest this game to a friend. I would MAYBE suggest it as a rent,but not a purchase(i made that mistake). This game got good reviews from critics, but there not me. I am a hardcore call of duty player and its just natural that i compare the two. I have noticed that it is just a stupid knockoff. The even copy the challenges, they call the trophies. The Ok heres the deal. I would not suggest this game to a friend. I would MAYBE suggest it as a rent,but not a purchase(i made that mistake). This game got good reviews from critics, but there not me. I am a hardcore call of duty player and its just natural that i compare the two. I have noticed that it is just a stupid knockoff. The even copy the challenges, they call the trophies. The online is also bout as deep as a kiddie pool. There are no weapon customization at all. Now lets move on to the campaign. Its probably the only reason i didn't give it a 3. Though the game lacks the humor that the hype promised, it is still a fun ride. I think they could have made more unlocks available with the gold concept. My favorite part of this game is the destructible environments. A concept that i hope will find a new home on the call of duty franchise. After taking another look at this game i still give it a 6 out of 10. I hope that dice and EA will hopefully fix these problems in the next installment may i might rent it. And come on they had such a good chance to make an action packed hilarious game and the blew it! Expand
  11. OleTveter
    Dec 11, 2009
    You actually have to hold the L3 button down to run, not just press it down once, like in Call Of Duty. I dont like the aiming, its inacurate. The singelplayer is repeative, no story, no humor, and little fun.
  12. JamesM.
    Jun 26, 2008
    This game is awful, it takes a hole clip to kill someone and cannot control the vehicles. The destructible environments are always the same and the graphics aren't great. Get MGS4 cos this is terrible.
  13. Oct 12, 2010
    BF bad co is a great game totally worth money. ill pay $500 for that game.i dont know any one who wouldnt want this great game
  14. Aug 24, 2011
    I have played every major battlefield game up till this point and I decided to give BFBC a try, since the last game I played in the series was BF2142 and i had an amazing time playing it. I was shocked and disgusted with the game i was presented with, though i was already somewhat expecting a mediocre game due to the fact that it was a console FPS, I didnt expect it to be this bad whenI have played every major battlefield game up till this point and I decided to give BFBC a try, since the last game I played in the series was BF2142 and i had an amazing time playing it. I was shocked and disgusted with the game i was presented with, though i was already somewhat expecting a mediocre game due to the fact that it was a console FPS, I didnt expect it to be this bad when compared to its bigger brothers. The weapons were all bad, you could not use the sights on a third of the weapons, plus the multiplayer fights were pathetically small, with only a handful of people being able to duke it out at one time. not only that, but the controls were very clunky. the Singleplayer campaign is a joke, its short and has no real meaning since BF is a series all about satisfying multiplayer experiences. I guess the main reason why BFBC was such a disappointment was because the dev team for the original BF series quit DICE right after finishing BF2142, before DICE started on BFBC. BFBC is a faint shadow of what the BF series is, you can see a couple things in it that remind you of the great old games. its an insult to the Battlefield series that this game even has the Battlefield name on it. Expand
  15. IainF.
    Oct 20, 2008
    Although I haven't experienced the multiplayer to an exten where I am in the position to give a fair verdict, what I had played of the multiplayer however was truely fun, even if there are only two game modes. The characters are okay, and the storyline a little unimaginative, with a screenplay leaving alot to be desired, but it's still fun. The destructibility is a novel and fun Although I haven't experienced the multiplayer to an exten where I am in the position to give a fair verdict, what I had played of the multiplayer however was truely fun, even if there are only two game modes. The characters are okay, and the storyline a little unimaginative, with a screenplay leaving alot to be desired, but it's still fun. The destructibility is a novel and fun idea and it actually becomes part of your tactics once you've grown accustomed to it. This game isn't a must-buy, but players should definitely consider at least renting it. COD4 it is not, but it's still a heck of a blast! Expand
  16. ShannonM.
    Jun 12, 2008
    The multiplayer is very fun and challenging and makes this title well worth buying.
  17. EnmanuelR.
    Jun 29, 2008
    Great game with visually stuning destructable enviorments but to the hardcore fps games i hold on to Resistance and call of duty 4.
  18. MrRandomVibrator
    May 31, 2008
    If you played BF2 for the PC, then you will love this. played the demo for the PS3, it's awesome!
  19. MattS.
    Jun 13, 2008
    Overly average game.
  20. TimothyD.
    Jun 16, 2008
    Online play is a blast. Its like playing a more streamlined version of BF2 but with destructible environments. The action is fast and furious and the team play is very solid. I have been playing this demo exclusively since it released and I cant wait for the full title.
  21. ElijahE.
    Jun 20, 2008
    Though it has its flaws the fun that is had makes up for them and then some!
  22. JamesB.
    Jun 29, 2008
    First of all MGS4 is a completely different type of game altogether and even that is shit itself, the animation of the characters is diabolical haha. BF:BC has way better graphics than shitty MGS4 for a next gen game it really does'nt live up to its hype very over rated game, any way back to BF:BC multiplayer is where it really shines and maybe YOU cannot control the vehicles because First of all MGS4 is a completely different type of game altogether and even that is shit itself, the animation of the characters is diabolical haha. BF:BC has way better graphics than shitty MGS4 for a next gen game it really does'nt live up to its hype very over rated game, any way back to BF:BC multiplayer is where it really shines and maybe YOU cannot control the vehicles because you suck so much. Thats why you gave it a bad rating because all you can play is tactical espionage games and BF:BC is a hell lot more intense than that which requires more skill. Expand
  23. J.M.H.
    Jun 30, 2008
    A fantastic game with very few flaws. The multiplayer is visceral and engaging, single player is serviceable and features plenty of comedy and explosions, the sound is stunning, graphics look good, and the destructable environments add a new layer of strategy to battles. The gripes that can be leveraged against BF:BC are that the maps lack variety, hitting targets is often a difficult A fantastic game with very few flaws. The multiplayer is visceral and engaging, single player is serviceable and features plenty of comedy and explosions, the sound is stunning, graphics look good, and the destructable environments add a new layer of strategy to battles. The gripes that can be leveraged against BF:BC are that the maps lack variety, hitting targets is often a difficult exercise, the single player is a little thin, and bullets don't pass through thin objects ala CoD4. Expand
  24. Jack
    Jun 7, 2008
    Very good, sometimes takes a lot of bullets to bring a guy down.
  25. RobB.
    Jul 12, 2008
    All the elements are there, they're just assembled so badly. I can only assume the term "Bad Company" referrs to Dice! This game is like a poor version of BF2:MC; wooden handling, poor graphics, poor hit detection, awful lagging servers, poor vehicle controls, yep all the elements are there! But then what do you expect when a whole game is built arround a single "gimmic"?
  26. NelsonL
    Jul 13, 2008
    Tries to hard to be funny and ends up falling on it's face.
  27. DylanC
    Jul 19, 2008
    People like Nelson L. need to move out of moms house and stop watching X-Play. The game is straight out great.
  28. RubenC.
    Jul 19, 2008
    Good fps, but Battlefied: bad company hasn't the cinematic intensity of cod4, though it has a superb destruction engine!
  29. MattL.
    Jul 2, 2008
    This game is by far the best in the BF series. Haggard makes SP worth it and MP is insane with 50 diffrent ways to do your objective. Its fun to blow up walls or roofs or mow down treees.
  30. MattE.
    Jul 3, 2008
    I LOVE it. i stay up all night playing online. and in singleplayer trying to find the gold and collectibles
  31. ThomasS.
    Jul 7, 2008
    Disappointing. Bullet relay, overall very odd hitboxes, unrealistic hitboxes and unbelievable senarios which leave you wondering "how the hell did he survive that?"
  32. Dan
    Aug 10, 2008
    Game is ok, but the online gaming is shocking and only getting worse. Ea really needs to sort this out and quick before people go back to call of duty.
  33. JulianR.
    Aug 5, 2008
    Verry good game I´m playing it every day.
  34. MichaelS.
    Sep 20, 2008
    A very Very good FPS that needs to be praised for taking a fun and comedic approach not yet seen. After playing both versions extensively, I've got to admitt that the PS3 version runs smoother, and looks better (but barely). Despite what many claim though, BC does not touch COD4 in any respect... not even close. That's one of the best shooters ever made; This is just a lot of fun.
  35. JohanM.
    Jun 16, 2008
    Awesome mp makes this a 10 for me. sp not as good but it has its moment.
  36. DominikE.
    Jun 26, 2008
    It's the best game, I've ever played!
  37. SeanM.
    Jun 28, 2008
    The single player is the best in the series (though that isn't saying much), and the multiplayer is absolutely top-notch. Though they're still having some server and connection issues from time to time, and while the game may not appeal to the same hard-core audience as Call of Duty 4, it's easily the best game out right now just run around and blow crap up. I haven't The single player is the best in the series (though that isn't saying much), and the multiplayer is absolutely top-notch. Though they're still having some server and connection issues from time to time, and while the game may not appeal to the same hard-core audience as Call of Duty 4, it's easily the best game out right now just run around and blow crap up. I haven't had this much fun online in years. Expand
  38. NoahH.
    Jun 9, 2008
    I have played the demo only, so don't take this as a review of the full game. I gave the demo 9/10 because of satisfying and somewhat brutal T-rated gunplay, overexaggerated reload and sprint actions, the demo at least suffers from unbalanced vehicles (the helicopter in particular is extremely overpowered), I expect they will fix this in the full version. Thanks, 9/10.
  39. GeorgeM
    Jul 1, 2008
    This is easily the more entertaining of all the "Battlefield" games I've played with its light-hearted, humorous approach to the subject material.....gives the game character. For those expecting EVERYTHING to blow up in this game will be dissapointed.....the levels aren't as "fully-destructible" as implied in the previews and commercials, which IS a bit of a let down but it This is easily the more entertaining of all the "Battlefield" games I've played with its light-hearted, humorous approach to the subject material.....gives the game character. For those expecting EVERYTHING to blow up in this game will be dissapointed.....the levels aren't as "fully-destructible" as implied in the previews and commercials, which IS a bit of a let down but it dosen't detract from the overall enjoyment to be had. The graphics are slick and perhaps a notch better than COD4, sporting nice details and smoke effects. Music is goofy but fitting and gameplay consists of "the careless use of military weapons" which i loved. Online is vastly entertaining except for the damn TANKS which are rediculously over-powered. If COD4 is a scalpal then Bad Company is a caveman's club.....which is why its so much fun.....a nice break from the "serious". Expand
  40. MichaelF.
    Jul 23, 2008
    I like the online gaming. I even like it better than COD4 due to the fact that people cannot just throw grenades the whole time or crap a grenade when you kill them. The thing that bothers me about this game is the mic. goes dead and even the game play sound goes dead online. But overall not a bad game.
  41. ChristopherB.
    Jul 24, 2008
    Great single player (a little short), and like the other 'battlefield' games a great multiplayer (in gameplay and performance...unlike call of duty 4). Some visual glitches but still a highly recommended game, especially to other 'Battlefield' veterans.
  42. thetruth
    Jul 25, 2008
    I do like the fact that when you kill an enemy, if you die they will spawn to life again, which gives you hope when you face incredibly frustrating part. I have to say that it bothers me that I cant sneak up on most of my enemies since they see me, miles away. There are hordes and hordes of enemies. Graphics are a typical war shooter for the ps3, which then again isn't all that bad.
  43. MasonA.
    Sep 11, 2008
    Singleplayer is somewhat short, but is very entertaining. The sound environment is astounding and brings the game more realism than most think. Multiplayer is extremely addictive and intense and worth enduring some small lag and connection issues that you ussually get with any EA multiplayer game. Truly an "all around great FPS"
  44. ValéryAMIOT
    Aug 16, 2009
    Coming from the PC world, I've always been a fan of FPS games, I spent so many nights fighting at Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory - the most addictive FPS game I've ever played. I also spent some time at CoD 2 and 4 - not coming that close to E.T. in my opinion in terms of addiction, later gave a try to BF2 but I didn't buy it in the end because of its numerous bugs. For me, Coming from the PC world, I've always been a fan of FPS games, I spent so many nights fighting at Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory - the most addictive FPS game I've ever played. I also spent some time at CoD 2 and 4 - not coming that close to E.T. in my opinion in terms of addiction, later gave a try to BF2 but I didn't buy it in the end because of its numerous bugs. For me, playing FPS games on console has always been impossible because of the lack of a mouse + keyboard... until BF Bad Company! I don't know why but for the first time I can play normally with a pad :-) Simply said, this is a great FPS. The solo is appealing, with a lot of humour, maybe a little too short, but fun anyway. Now I spend a lot of time at the multi and I was pleased to discover the Gold Rush mode which makes me think of the old E.T. gaming principle I loved so much : objectives to fulfil in a limited amount of time or respawns. Sure BF:BC isn't the most beautiful FPS out there - let's wait for BF:BC2 - but it's still good looking and fights are really full of pace, may it be in Gold Rush or Conquest mode. Music tracks are also great, which is a plus. Do some people prefer CoD4? Alright, I just consider it to be a question of personal taste. Give BF:BC a try, you may also love it. Expand
  45. ErkutI
    Sep 13, 2009
    I'm not going to talk about single player because this game is a "Battlefield" I got the PS3 version about 5 mounths ago and i didnt like it at all i thought its a piece of crap because if you are a rookie to this game you are finishing the game like 3 kills and generally more than 15 deaths and its annoying. You will be get killed tons of times from your back. Its a little bit hard I'm not going to talk about single player because this game is a "Battlefield" I got the PS3 version about 5 mounths ago and i didnt like it at all i thought its a piece of crap because if you are a rookie to this game you are finishing the game like 3 kills and generally more than 15 deaths and its annoying. You will be get killed tons of times from your back. Its a little bit hard game i have more than 2 Kill/Death ratio in CoD 4 and Killzone 2 but in BC my ratio is 1. After all when you get used to the game here the fun begins its a really addicting game after you learn how to play how to hide in trees or streets or buildings with your specialist and sneak to the tanks place C4 and blow them or sneak to the people and backstab them with your knife and collect their dog tags etc etc. btw i "just talked about how to use specialist class ;) My last words this game gives you something different from other shooters on consoles huge maps is the reason i think it gives you unlimited sniping hiding sneaking and flanking enemy positions that even Killzone cant give. Btw blowing up everything and opening your self door in building is really fun too. So this not the most serious shooter on consoles but its becoming one of the most addicting and enjoyable game when you get used to it. If you asked me my rating 3-4 mounts ago i would say 3 but now i'm giving9 to it. Expand
  46. FatSergeant
    Dec 25, 2008
    Single player of the game definitely sucks. But it can be excused for BF's brilliant multiplayer. Maps are extremely well made, gold rush mode is amazing, each specialist (assault, recon, demolition etc.) has their own strength and weaknesses, so only good team work leads to success. Multiplayer has a lot of rewards which are pleasant to achieve. I have only one complaint: I have Single player of the game definitely sucks. But it can be excused for BF's brilliant multiplayer. Maps are extremely well made, gold rush mode is amazing, each specialist (assault, recon, demolition etc.) has their own strength and weaknesses, so only good team work leads to success. Multiplayer has a lot of rewards which are pleasant to achieve. I have only one complaint: I have gold edition which has some weapons unlocked from the beginning, what is unfair to people who bought standard (and not cheap at all) version of the game. Another big complaint: there is no blood in the game at all! Pity :-) Expand
  47. BobB.
    Jun 22, 2008
    The game is the good because online and destruction campaign and the graphics the only thing i wish there are no nukes or jets besides that the game i think is amazing
  48. ChrisK.
    Jun 24, 2008
    Amazing game, especially considering its a brand new engine. I look forward to future releases on Frostbite.
  49. JeorgesM.
    Jun 29, 2008
    awsome, really enjoy the MP this game will, just like other BF titles, be ployed online for years. to me it beats the shit out of COD4.
  50. DavidB.
    Jul 31, 2008
    This is the best shooting game on Earth. The sound of the gunfire is so much better than COD4. If you like fps games I recommend this game.
  51. ChristopherW.
    Sep 14, 2008
    Bsttlefield: Bad Company is a very fun game. The single player mode isn't perfect, but it should be good enough for most first person shooter fans,with interesting( and funny) character design,large open world maps,amazing enviormental destruction and a lot more explosions than you would expect, the single player alone is enough,but on top of it there is a very adicting( and hard) Bsttlefield: Bad Company is a very fun game. The single player mode isn't perfect, but it should be good enough for most first person shooter fans,with interesting( and funny) character design,large open world maps,amazing enviormental destruction and a lot more explosions than you would expect, the single player alone is enough,but on top of it there is a very adicting( and hard) online multiplayer that is worth spending an hour hocking your PS3 or 360 up to the internet.Overall: 8.5 of 10 seems about right. Expand
  52. Jan 31, 2011
    The AI for your allies in the campaign is terrible. They are like pets that follow you around and do nothing. The game is still fun since it seems to be balanced around you doing all of the work.
  53. Jan 13, 2014
    The story of BC1 is riddled with humor, and the characters are likable, making the singleplayer worth playing (mind you, it's short). Why they couldn't carry these things over to BC2 is beyond me. Instead, BC2's story and tone was so serious, I asked what happened to the characters we knew and loved. Hopefully, they'll restore these in BC3. Online is fun and people still play it (yet BC2The story of BC1 is riddled with humor, and the characters are likable, making the singleplayer worth playing (mind you, it's short). Why they couldn't carry these things over to BC2 is beyond me. Instead, BC2's story and tone was so serious, I asked what happened to the characters we knew and loved. Hopefully, they'll restore these in BC3. Online is fun and people still play it (yet BC2 online is even better). Pick it up, it's quite cheap now, and a worthy game in the awesome Battlefield series. Expand
  54. Dec 16, 2011
    This is the best game in a freaking century!!The gameplay is great and so are the controls.Its addictive while the multiplayer will keep you hooked on for hours on end!!
  55. Jan 13, 2012
    While it may be lacking a few elements (e.g. longer campaign, splitscreen/co-op), most of the levels are fun and replayable, and the Multiplayer is likely to be great (I haven't played it yet). Now, in 2011, it's cheap and is still of a good standard.
  56. Oct 21, 2012
    Good singleplayer and good multiplayer although rather difficult. Nice empathy with the game's characters. And that's all. Played it and liked it. End of story.
  57. Nov 17, 2013
    i remember when this first came out. everyone i know was playing cod4. i asked all my friends, have you heard of bad company? no no no they all said. 3 years later, they all asked me the same question i asked them. and im like man you guys dont even know. never played online. story mode was all i needed for this game. i loved the free roam with all that ammo and all the war going on. justi remember when this first came out. everyone i know was playing cod4. i asked all my friends, have you heard of bad company? no no no they all said. 3 years later, they all asked me the same question i asked them. and im like man you guys dont even know. never played online. story mode was all i needed for this game. i loved the free roam with all that ammo and all the war going on. just hated that there was no blood, but im a gamer and not a critic. Expand
  58. Aug 31, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Battlefield is renowned for its epic multiplayer experience- where simple rounds can turn into memorable action packed set pieces. However, it has never shined on the single player front. Whereas COD had its time to shine with the original Modern Warfare, Far Cry is built around solo play and Valve's Counter Strike doesn't even bother, Battlefield has never supplied a great campaign. That changes with Bad Company. Well, it changed because this game has been out for six years. Since then we've had a better campaign with Company 2 and forgettable ones with Battlefields 3 and 4. But anyway, back to BC1.

The story sees you playing as Preston Marlowe- a soldier who is shifted to the loose card military unit of Bad Company. There he meets three other army misfits who have also taken part in some disturbing events that led to their transfer to BC. Going after a deadly enemy, the group grows to become a band of brothers, the character development being handled pretty well. The main catch is the soldiers eventually become rogue when they discover a crate of gold that could set them up for life. It's an interesting twist and one that works to differentiate this game from other military shooters like Modern Warfare. While the game won't win any awards, this is one of the best FPS campaigns ever.

The levels are open ended and most of them contain objectives that you are free to complete in any order. There are plenty of collectibles and multiple weapons to find that will surely bring completionists back for more. The graphics themselves are nothing revolutionary, but for a 2008 game this still holds up well. While the destruction is nothing when compared to BF3 or 4, it still functions well and the character models and animation still look nice. The environment variety is also impressive. Sure there are a few war-torn battlefields, but there are also jungles and mansions. The visual variety is impressive and just as cool as the mechanics.

While many FPS fans will be stunned by the unique scheme, it mostly suits the game. While knifing doesn't feel quite right and the adrenaline pumping mechanic is more realistic than gradual regen of health, some of the gameplay devices just aren't well implemented enough to be successful and satisfying. The shooting itself is brilliant. There are a great amount of weapons and each one responds differently and accurately. I loved some of the assault rifles and the grenade launchers and projectiles are unique and cool. There are also plenty of vehicles around that can be used to traverse the environment. This is useful, especially as the levels are massive. Each vehicle controls well which is always nice in a shooter.

The single player may be great and it certainly makes up for the mistakes that DICE made in the past, but we all know that multiplayer is where Battlefield shines. It certainly doesn't disappoint. The large scale battles and greatly sized maps make for a unique multiplayer experience and the modes are also exclusive and well designed. Gold Rush is an interesting take on a tried and true mode and it actually suits the feel of the game. While Levelution isn't prominent here (Bad Company 2 is where it's "pioneered"), the gradual degradation of environments is always cool and it certainly gives us a change from the static lands of the CODs. Battlefield feels very different to any other shooter and nowhere is that more obvious than in the online section.

Bad Company isn't without its faults- shoddy mechanics, a short story and some technical hiccups certainly impact the quality of the final game. But what it is is a nice, polished FPS that combines a well written plot, with some great gameplay and some highly entertaining multiplayer. It also serves as the successful revival of a series that had long since fled console gaming in favour of the superior PC machines. It is the success of this game that is responsible for Battlefield 3 and 4 and that is what we should be thankful to DICE for.
  59. Aug 12, 2014
    Really disappointing and unmemorable campaign that focuses far too much on "bro" humour and vulgar language. Multiplayer is fun, with destructible environments being the highlight, but not worth it overall.

1. The extreme polish evident in the final product makes it all worthwhile. Both single- and multiplayer shine - at long last redeeming DICE for the crappy bot-fests offline players had to endure in previous games in the series. [July 2008, p.82]
  2. It may lack the finesse in the single-player that some similar titles have, but it does a great job of making you feel the part as you roll into combat with guns blazing, your squad hooting and bellowing behind you. Add to this the multiplayer which is well rounded and realistic, yet big on the fun, and you have a great experience which could ultimately have you playing for months and months.
    In spite of its sluggish opening, Battlefield: Bad Company goes on to produce one of the most entertaining first-person shooters since last year’s "Call of Duty 4."