Bayonetta PlayStation 3

7.7

1. Jul 28, 2017
    Bayonetta
    One of the most ridiculous games ive ever played
    Bayonetta is a hack and slash game where you play as a half dark half light witch bayonetta after a gem known as the right eye And while this game isn’t free of problems, it was great finally seeing what all of the fuss is about… This hack and slash games brought so much joy for me with its random and ridiculous humor and story
    Bayonetta
    One of the most ridiculous games ive ever played
    This hack and slash games brought so much joy for me with its random and ridiculous humor and story telling..
    I ended up loving every character I came across in this game..
    The playfulness here is what makes this otherwise just okay game so great…
    The gameplay isn’t anything special and level design isn’t anything special either…
    The game is pretty linear with the ocassional forcing you to dodge a light to freeze time so you can walk on water or break a wall..
    but for the most part this is very much a barebones version of God of War…
    there will be walls that go up that wont come down until you hack and slash your way through all of the enemies…
    the combat is swift and fun, though not too satisfying, but youre able to fill up a meter to torture your enemies for an instakill as well as pick up their weapons which do a great deal of damage but break fairly quickly.. and the enemies drop these haloes that you can trade for new moves, items, and weapons…
    And finishing an area will cause the game to take a snapshot of usually your vag, cause japan….
    And randomly on your journey youll run into crazy huge bosses that you take down with your hair…
    because of course you do…
    your hair covers your body so while using it.. it isn’t quite covering your body as much anymore..
    I found each boss battle to be fun and engaging, and I found all 9 hours of this game to be perfectly paced for the most part…
    The progression is very linear here, and there are a few really cool cinematic moment to keep the game feeling fresh throughout..
    it never becomes predictable, it will introduce and drop mechanics all the time
    it keeps the game fun and stops it from ever feeling like a chore…
    Where pacing did become a problem for me though is with the vehicle based missions… there are few sprinkled in here.. and theyre fun at the start.. but they drag on for what feels like forever..
    less is more and that definitely should’ve been the case here.. these levels get uninteresting quickly and bring the rest of the perfectly paced game down…
    aside for the poorly paced vehicle missions, my biggest issue with this game is its collectibles..
    Theyre all over the place but they pause the game every single time you pick one up..
    I understand this game is from 2009.. but still.. its annoying and frequent…
    it almost discouraged me from picking them up completely..
    Bayonetta Is one of the few games that gets praise today that actually deserves it…
    Despite the annoying collectibles that break the flow of the game.. Bayonetta is a sexually charged game of joy and heart,
    youre guaranteed to smile at least 42 times while playing..
    I give Bayonetta
    an 8/10
  2. Aug 11, 2011
    This is a must-own PS3 game before you die. I definitely love the adrenaline and the heart-pounding smokin' hot Bayonetta. She's got more weapons than BloodRayne and Dante combined. I can't stop loving the new features: a slow-motion dodge system called "Witch Time," incredible killer moves, and some fatalities that could make Mortal Kombat running for their own money. Can't wait for aThis is a must-own PS3 game before you die. I definitely love the adrenaline and the heart-pounding smokin' hot Bayonetta. She's got more weapons than BloodRayne and Dante combined. I can't stop loving the new features: a slow-motion dodge system called "Witch Time," incredible killer moves, and some fatalities that could make Mortal Kombat running for their own money. Can't wait for a sequel as soon as it announces in the future. But for now, Bayonetta is pure sexy and pure crazy. One of my favorite games of 2010. Expand
  3. May 11, 2015
    I played this through three times consecutively; on Normal, Easy and Hard. Normal is a good challenge, Easy is far too easy (where the game practically plays itself regardless of what button you press) and Hard is as hard as a bag of nails.

Anyway, Bayonetta is a wonderfully OTT button masher, gameplay is similar to the Devil May Cry and God of War games. I thought the tone was hysterical; a mash-up of camp, cheesecake and Japanese weirdness. I loved the bossfights, music and combat especially, however the game has a few problems: loading times are awful, reloading a failed section takes far too long, it even takes an unreasonable amount of time to open a menu or even for item descriptions to appear on pickup. There is an install option, but never tried it so can't report how much that improves things. The camera is a not great, never seems to be where its needed and often obscures enemy movements when it's damn essential you get the timing 100% right. Also will game-over the player upon failing a QTE, I f**king hate QTEs.

Loved the game anyway. "I should have been a pole-dancer!!"
  4. Feb 5, 2017
    Even though it is not as good as Devil May Cry -just to mention one possible competitor-, BAYONETTA is still a great action game that any fan of these games ought to play.

The game is probably a conjunction of strengths (intense and direct gameplay, the design, the BSO...) and weaknesses (mainly some technical issues). However, as a whole, I consider it doubtlessly worth playing. I ended up enjoying it very much.

In terms of entertainment, i am convinced it is a solid 9.
  5. Mar 4, 2012
    i thought this game was pretty good. i kinda new what i would be getting out of it before i even started to play. i was right for the most part it is a hack and slash game with a girl as the main character who is ment to tease the gamer with constant scences where she goes compleatly naked with only a black strip covering her body parts im not really into that but i know some people willi thought this game was pretty good. i kinda new what i would be getting out of it before i even started to play. i was right for the most part it is a hack and slash game with a girl as the main character who is ment to tease the gamer with constant scences where she goes compleatly naked with only a black strip covering her body parts im not really into that but i know some people will love this. this game is really easy to just start playing but to master all the techniques there are takes some skill and the fight sequences always look beutiful. that being said the story is also pretty good with great graphics and some pretty good voice acting to back it up, there is also a bit of comedy thrown in at some points so the game does not get stale. although the story is great there isnt much replay value to this game than just playing through it again which is unfourtunate but it is still worth a try and is a decent length so it is worth picking up especially since it is only 20$ now Expand
  6. Jan 14, 2014
    Stunning graphical beautifulness.

Still looks amazing 3+ years after its release. I was hooked from the opening 'fly me to the moon' sequence right through to the end credits. Just sit back and hammer the buttons randomly until your enemies are defeated. Just the sort of difficuly level I like on these type of 3rd person jumpy shooty fighting games. There is a story in there
    Stunning graphical beautifulness.

Still looks amazing 3+ years after its release.

There is a story in there somewhere too, but don't worry about it.
  7. Sep 29, 2013
    How to describe Bayonetta? Crazy over the top action. Satisfying, diverse and yes crazy gameplay. It hooks you! Story ain't so great but strong protagonist keeps you entertained. Music fits the game perfectly. If you are looking crazy action game this is for you I mean think about it bayonetta's hair turns in to demons.
  8. Aug 5, 2011
    Okay. Bayonetta is.... one character you probably rarely come across as a protagonist. Many protagonists in games these days are quite generice looking, Nathan Drake (Uncharted), Cole in InFamous to name a few. Bayonetta on the other hand is fully dramatised to look extremely tall, curvy, suave and sexy which make her and the game kinda stand out. The game is basically a non-stop comboOkay. Bayonetta is.... one character you probably rarely come across as a protagonist. Many protagonists in games these days are quite generice looking, Nathan Drake (Uncharted), Cole in InFamous to name a few. Bayonetta on the other hand is fully dramatised to look extremely tall, curvy, suave and sexy which make her and the game kinda stand out. The game is basically a non-stop combo action game, meaning the star of Bayonetta is using tons of button combinations to execute all kinds of over-the-top attack moves that are cool and beautiful to watch. The game can be very easy (one button automatic combat) or extremely hard depending on the diffulty level you can choose. It offers quite an amount of content which means you'll be replaying stages to acquire cool items such as the many unlockable move sets, costumes, and different weapons. Aside from the gameplay, side characters are kinda weak and the story is not too compelling . It will certainly take time before you can truly understand the concept behind the story of Bayonetta. All in all, Bayonetta is another action figthing game you'd expect from Sega. It's nothing new or great but it can be a fun experience with all the cool combos. And if you're not down with that, well, at least you get to watch how hot Bayonetta is when she fights!! Expand
  9. Jul 16, 2013
    I have to say that I really liked the game. For the first instance I had to go through one hour of wtf-moments, but then the game got better and better. There is a fatel flaw though: The beginner mode is way to easy and the normal mode is to hard imo. You have to play with perfect timing to reach the end in the normal mode. After loosing a boss battle for the 10th time, it getsI have to say that I really liked the game. For the first instance I had to go through one hour of wtf-moments, but then the game got better and better. There is a fatel flaw though: The beginner mode is way to easy and the normal mode is to hard imo. You have to play with perfect timing to reach the end in the normal mode. After loosing a boss battle for the 10th time, it gets frustrating. But that's because of my level as a player and not the games fauld. Nevertheless, it would have been good to have a difficulty setting inbetween. Expand
  10. Nov 4, 2016
    excelente jogo. Bayonetta foi o melhor jogo da Sega que eu já joguei. ótima história, ótima trilha sonora, jogabilidade incrível, ótima personagens e bons gráficos.
  11. Jul 16, 2011
    Its late in the day for reviewing an "old" game, but i recently bought this preowned and cheap, and despite for the first 15 minutes i was thinking "Wot the Fiddlyfaddly is this crock of doodah", I have now just finished my second playthrough, and it has got to be up there as one the most enjoyable games I have ever played. All positive reviews say that it is "stylish and sexy", but youIts late in the day for reviewing an "old" game, but i recently bought this preowned and cheap, and despite for the first 15 minutes i was thinking "Wot the Fiddlyfaddly is this crock of doodah", I have now just finished my second playthrough, and it has got to be up there as one the most enjoyable games I have ever played. All positive reviews say that it is "stylish and sexy", but you really have to experience this yourself as the words do not do it justice. This is Fun with a capital F..it is also kinda crazy and makes little sense .The dialogue and storyline are its biggest let down, they just get in the way of the fighting and action and sumptious backdrops. Another slight minus is the voicing of Bayonetta..a kind of faux "Lara Croft" aristocratic english accent that is NOT sexy, but hey ho you can't have everything.
    This game is a wild, chaotic, beautiful rollercoaster. Ride it if you can.
  12. Mar 27, 2016
    This game is great when it comes down to the gameplay it has a variety of moves and feels satisfying when you pull off some combos, but this game does have a lot of framerate dips and could become chaotic at times. The story is really weird and has some interesting characters. The game can be way too easy that it holds your hand on easy and while difficult on hard, the difficulty spikesThis game is great when it comes down to the gameplay it has a variety of moves and feels satisfying when you pull off some combos, but this game does have a lot of framerate dips and could become chaotic at times. The story is really weird and has some interesting characters. The game can be way too easy that it holds your hand on easy and while difficult on hard, the difficulty spikes out of no where which can be frustating at times, Overall this game is great where it counts the gameplay and characters and music but the difficulty and unsteady framerate brings down the experience. Expand
  13. Apr 12, 2015
    As a whole this games is awesome, but after playing a lot of other games, i've understanded the reason why the ps3 version was so criticized, platinum games should have patched it better after seeing what sega did to the game.
  14. Apr 11, 2015
    This is one of the best games I've ever played. The controls are smooth and perfectly responsive, the weapons and combo system are fun, and that's the most important thing when it comes to the hack'n'slash genre.
    The story, character designs and pretty much everything else are cheesy and over-the-top, so if that's not your cup of tea, you might be a tad bit disappointed. The flawless and challenging combat system more than makes up for it.
    The PS3 version suffers from minor framerate drops and long loading times (the latter being fixed in a patch), but it's nothing that would ruin your enjoyment of the game.
  15. May 2, 2012
    Bayonetta could be easily and mistakenly summed up by:"it's devil may cry, but you play as a woman". They are quite similar on the surface, but Bayonetta takes the "stylish action" from dmc and takes it up to eleven. From start to finish this game felt always fresh with a story that goes from point A to point K with unexpected twists. As long as you proceed into the game, you'll gain newBayonetta could be easily and mistakenly summed up by:"it's devil may cry, but you play as a woman". They are quite similar on the surface, but Bayonetta takes the "stylish action" from dmc and takes it up to eleven. From start to finish this game felt always fresh with a story that goes from point A to point K with unexpected twists. As long as you proceed into the game, you'll gain new abilities or powers that bring new gameplay mechanics. If you think you'll survive just pressing the square button you are very wrong, you will learn pretty soon to master the "dodge" mechanic that slows time for a couple of seconds. The main character is funny as hell, charismatic, even though at times she goes too far in terms of profanity, making the viewer uncomfortable. The biggest downside for me was the presentation, cutscenes were a little difficult to follow trying to mimic a motion comic (if you are not english it's difficult to read the subtitles and get what is happening on screen). Occasionally this game looked like it came from the ps2-era, fortunately I do not base my judgement only on graphics so it really didn't matter very much. In the end Bayonetta is a must buy if you like fun and compelling games, the artistic direction can be divisive, though. Expand
  16. Jan 1, 2011
    I didnt know about Bayonetta until I played the demo. Was blown away and the game was no exception. I love the presentation of different dimensions and I thought the five hunfred year old witch story, though not original, was still pretty cool. The real high point of this game are the play mechanics. The player does high jumps, shoots, slices and dices, then lands on her feet to do it allI didnt know about Bayonetta until I played the demo. Was blown away and the game was no exception. I love the presentation of different dimensions and I thought the five hunfred year old witch story, though not original, was still pretty cool. The real high point of this game are the play mechanics. The player does high jumps, shoots, slices and dices, then lands on her feet to do it all again on the ground with great fluidity. Enemies attack from all angles and Bayonetta uses her sleek yet very deadly combat styles to dispatch them all. Her finishing moves awaken powerful demons that launch devistating attacks against larger enemies and bosses. On the down side, the load times are really annoying. The screen has to load every stage and every time you enter and exit a menu. Sometimes, not very often, the screen has to load mid level, but this is only for a second. But the weapons and items can be accessed while playing so theres no need to always bring up the menu. Another thing is the difficulty. Bayonetta has a dodge that when timed correctly, slows down all the enemies temporarily. But miss the dodge and you get hurt badly. Most enemies won't have one attack and you will be hit four five times before hitting the ground. And like how Bayonetta can move all over the screen, they can to. But with pratice, Bayonetta can be mastered and that brings a powerful feeling to take out ten enemies without taking a single hit. For players who like hack and slash games where style is key, this is the definitive vide game. Expand
  17. Jan 17, 2016
    Probably the best hack and slash game I have every played, and I played it in my PS3 xD

Graphics are quite nice, but gameplay is just exquisite. Learning all the combos and using them will become an obsession.

I am thinking in buying a Nintendo WIi U just to play Bayonetta 2...
  18. Mar 26, 2013
    This is one of my favorite hack and slash type of games. The graphics are pretty solid, the gameplay is simple enough to quickly learn and have a handle of, but complex enough to always be learning new things.

The game has a ton of personality, the over-the-top sexuality in the game is beyond hilarious at times. The music has a great feel to it, at times being very humorous given the situation that it's in.

This is a great hack and slash that also brings a ton of personality, something that can often lack in. The mix of charm and gameplay is a mix you can't go wrong with.
  19. Oct 30, 2011
    Fantastic game. I love the mish-mash button fighting system and really excites me. Cool storyline to be a part of. The enemies are really hilariously awesome and gorgeously created. The bosses fight are memorable and bayonetta manages to own them all. I only wish the game could be longer.
  20. Jun 5, 2012
    I had that game catching dust on my shelf for a while when I decided to pick it up again. In the beginning, this game does give a "been here, done that" feeling, resembling DMC in many aspects, such as the overall "demonic" theme and the shooting/sword-fighting mixed game-play. Then again, the game does not deny that one bit. In fact, it deliberately takes things from DMC and makesI had that game catching dust on my shelf for a while when I decided to pick it up again. In the beginning, this game does give a "been here, done that" feeling, resembling DMC in many aspects, such as the overall "demonic" theme and the shooting/sword-fighting mixed game-play. Then again, the game does not deny that one bit. In fact, it deliberately takes things from DMC and makes them...better. The game-play (meaning moving Bayonetta herself) is pure fun and highly addictive. Once you get familiar with timing and movement, fighting goes smooth, flashy and makes you feel like you are in control. Some of her moves are so over the top that they made a small miracle to actually make it perfectly playable. Defy gravity, transform into animals, kill opponents with your hair that turns into a giant raven or dragon. Apart from the moveable camera that can be confusing sometimes, there is nothing about the game-play that should be considered other than brilliant, hit detection and avoiding enemy attacks is near perfection, even though as mentioned earlier I did need some time getting used to it. You have witches, demons, VERY intentionally lame jokes and fantastic level design plus millions of bad guys to defeat that come in a great variety. Several additional weapons, costumes, moves and accessories to buy will keep you busy for a while. If you are into Hack'n'Slay and Action, this game is a must. Expand
  21. Mar 16, 2013
    While I'm not a huge fan of hack and slash, this game did a pretty good job of holding my interest. Despite the issues with the PS3 port, the game overall handles well in the control department, and the action itself is of a very solid quality. The plot is occasionally predictable, but it's held up well by the characters being likable overall. There are quite a few unlockables, whichWhile I'm not a huge fan of hack and slash, this game did a pretty good job of holding my interest. Despite the issues with the PS3 port, the game overall handles well in the control department, and the action itself is of a very solid quality. The plot is occasionally predictable, but it's held up well by the characters being likable overall. There are quite a few unlockables, which I'm sure make the game more interesting for completionists who like to do new game+ style run throughs. They announced the sequel will be a Wii U exclusive, which makes me excited to know mine will eventually be more than e very expensive decoration. The cutscenes that weren't animated at all were a drag, I'm not sure if that was intended style or just lack of money, but I'm excited to see what they pull off with the sequel. Expand
  22. Feb 5, 2012
    El juego teoricamente es un Hack & Slash, pero al probarlo me doy cuenta que existen elementos que remiten bastante a Ninja Gaiden y secuencias estilo Final Fantasy con Devil May Cry, quiza se escuche bastante cheesy, y lo es, pero en eso radica la diversion del titulo, elementos que haran que en ocasiones digas WTF, como otras que digas LMFAO hahahah, bueno el titulo es divertido y valeEl juego teoricamente es un Hack & Slash, pero al probarlo me doy cuenta que existen elementos que remiten bastante a Ninja Gaiden y secuencias estilo Final Fantasy con Devil May Cry, quiza se escuche bastante cheesy, y lo es, pero en eso radica la diversion del titulo, elementos que haran que en ocasiones digas WTF, como otras que digas LMFAO hahahah, bueno el titulo es divertido y vale la pena comprarlo como de esos accesorios curiosos japoneses, muy japones Expand
  23. Jul 6, 2014
    After fixing the frame-rate issue by installing and the loading by updating,no doubt one of the best hack'n'slash,quite old already tough,but still in 2014,i really like playing,really fun and sometimes challeging,graphics is a bit exceeded,but the characters,enemies and bosses,still look great to good,,thing is,if you compare a bit with devil may cry,it's quite a button smashe,withAfter fixing the frame-rate issue by installing and the loading by updating,no doubt one of the best hack'n'slash,quite old already tough,but still in 2014,i really like playing,really fun and sometimes challeging,graphics is a bit exceeded,but the characters,enemies and bosses,still look great to good,,thing is,if you compare a bit with devil may cry,it's quite a button smashe,with dodging at the right time

Now the story likes some others games(a least in my opinion) takes some time to trigger and get interesting,maybe because there is quite loose ends,and get time to get understandable,now like survivor horrors,they are files and other stuff you can get,explaining more of everything,thing is,not everyone has the balls to read i guess,what help is the characters, that overrall have a good charisma,mainly bayonetta herself and luka,also jeanne is a good character,also the game has a good sense of humor,making you laugh sometimes,for mans,well no doubt they are those who will literally fap to bayonetta,her ass gets in the cutscenes a lot,and it's perfect,
    as for the gameplay,not much secret,like devil may cry,just walk straight,make combos on enemies,what is good is that the gameplay is varied,with diferent types of stages,bosses,with tecnically speaking,no puzzles,i got a bit lost only on the airplane stage,had to look around a bit to get to the right place

if you are a fan of hack'n'slash,this a must buy,if you lke games with a story that starts well and end well,you have to think about a bit,the characters are overral good and have a really good charisma,that makes the story quite more interesting,if you like a female protagonist that has sex appeal quite big,and OP,well bayonetta might be your home
  24. Feb 13, 2011
    This game is pretty nuts. Platinum has done a LOT with such an old genre. The gameplay is wall-to-wall action punctuated with a compelling main character, good plot, excellent graphics and control. I only have two gripes. One, some parts of this game are unnecessarily frustrating with cheap boss fights and checkpoints that are a too far from them. Two, the prerendered cinematics areThis game is pretty nuts. Platinum has done a LOT with such an old genre. The gameplay is wall-to-wall action punctuated with a compelling main character, good plot, excellent graphics and control. I only have two gripes. One, some parts of this game are unnecessarily frustrating with cheap boss fights and checkpoints that are a too far from them. Two, the prerendered cinematics are PS2 quality (if that.) Not sure why the rest of the game is so awesome looking but the prerendered stuff looks bad. Besides these two points, the game is a must-buy at the current 20 dollar price point. It's fairly long what what it is and you'll have your hands full for a while. A must-have for your collection. Expand
  25. Dec 17, 2014
    I did not know to expect from this game when I got it, but surprisingly I loved it. Granted- it's not a game for everyone- but its fast paced combat, charismatic character and overall good presentation make this a great game if you give it a chance.
  26. Sep 20, 2010
    Bayonetta is one of the greatest examples of fantastic game design. The game does stuff that is just my boggling to think about. There are many things to gripe about when it comes to this game. Stuff like, the story is to wacky, or as a friend of mine said, that game look a little GAY, Which most are true, this game is pretty gay. But once you start playing the game nothing can touch it.Bayonetta is one of the greatest examples of fantastic game design. The game does stuff that is just my boggling to think about. There are many things to gripe about when it comes to this game. Stuff like, the story is to wacky, or as a friend of mine said, that game look a little GAY, Which most are true, this game is pretty gay. But once you start playing the game nothing can touch it. The combat is very in-depth, itâ Expand
  27. Oct 5, 2010
    Bayonetta is an impressive game that is rich in gameplay, story and graphics. The superb features that are in this game are flawless. I reccomend this game to everyone who is thinking of buying it, it is a truly indulging game all-together.
  28. Feb 24, 2012
    Great game, fun to play, good combos, very good graph's, interesting charactere and story.

its a shame that you can't start a new game with old charactere with points, stats and bought items.
  29. May 25, 2013
    Although I certainly like the theme and it does have some awesome moments, its battle system is according to me not better than DMC as the they acclaim. It does not motivate you to create your combos enough and in the end it jus gets to to much dodging and precreated combos. New features like the Witchtime and dodge offsets are smart, but they don´t ad much to combos.
  30. Nov 30, 2010
    An amazing experience meant to played by those who enjoy the Devil May Cry series and maybe even the Ninja Gaiden games. The ps3 may be the inferior product when compared to the 360, however the patch released make this a more enjoyable port. Overall, fast-paced, intense, epic, and a must have on any gamers' shelf.

Bayonetta is the kind of game that makes me appreciate why I love videogames. It really defines a time when things were not taken too seriously and the focus was more on style and gameplay than anything else.
  2. Bayonetta on the PlayStation 3 is simultaneously gratuitous, ludicrous, and great, but it's unfortunately held back from its potential by a number of technical issues.
  3. Bayonetta is a refreshing and somewhat surprising addition to an already extensive catalogue of action games. A must-buy for any anime gaming fan, and an excellent representation of the genre.