Bayonetta PlayStation 3

7.7

1. Mar 4, 2012
    i thought this game was pretty good. i kinda new what i would be getting out of it before i even started to play. i was right for the most part it is a hack and slash game with a girl as the main character who is ment to tease the gamer with constant scences where she goes compleatly naked with only a black strip covering her body parts im not really into that but i know some people willi thought this game was pretty good. i kinda new what i would be getting out of it before i even started to play. i was right for the most part it is a hack and slash game with a girl as the main character who is ment to tease the gamer with constant scences where she goes compleatly naked with only a black strip covering her body parts im not really into that but i know some people will love this. this game is really easy to just start playing but to master all the techniques there are takes some skill and the fight sequences always look beutiful. that being said the story is also pretty good with great graphics and some pretty good voice acting to back it up, there is also a bit of comedy thrown in at some points so the game does not get stale. although the story is great there isnt much replay value to this game than just playing through it again which is unfourtunate but it is still worth a try and is a decent length so it is worth picking up especially since it is only 20$ now Expand
  2. Jul 16, 2011
    Its late in the day for reviewing an "old" game, but i recently bought this preowned and cheap, and despite for the first 15 minutes i was thinking "Wot the Fiddlyfaddly is this crock of doodah", I have now just finished my second playthrough, and it has got to be up there as one the most enjoyable games I have ever played. All positive reviews say that it is "stylish and sexy", but youIts late in the day for reviewing an "old" game, but i recently bought this preowned and cheap, and despite for the first 15 minutes i was thinking "Wot the Fiddlyfaddly is this crock of doodah", I have now just finished my second playthrough, and it has got to be up there as one the most enjoyable games I have ever played. All positive reviews say that it is "stylish and sexy", but you really have to experience this yourself as the words do not do it justice. This is Fun with a capital F..it is also kinda crazy and makes little sense .The dialogue and storyline are its biggest let down, they just get in the way of the fighting and action and sumptious backdrops. Another slight minus is the voicing of Bayonetta..a kind of faux "Lara Croft" aristocratic english accent that is NOT sexy, but hey ho you can't have everything.
    This game is a wild, chaotic, beautiful rollercoaster. Ride it if you can.
  3. Jan 14, 2014
    Stunning graphical beautifulness.

Still looks amazing 3+ years after its release. I was hooked from the opening 'fly me to the moon' sequence right through to the end credits. Just sit back and hammer the buttons randomly until your enemies are defeated. Just the sort of difficuly level I like on these type of 3rd person jumpy shooty fighting games. There is a story in there
    Stunning graphical beautifulness.

Still looks amazing 3+ years after its release.

There is a story in there somewhere too, but don't worry about it.
  4. Feb 5, 2012
    El juego teoricamente es un Hack & Slash, pero al probarlo me doy cuenta que existen elementos que remiten bastante a Ninja Gaiden y secuencias estilo Final Fantasy con Devil May Cry, quiza se escuche bastante cheesy, y lo es, pero en eso radica la diversion del titulo, elementos que haran que en ocasiones digas WTF, como otras que digas LMFAO hahahah, bueno el titulo es divertido y valeEl juego teoricamente es un Hack & Slash, pero al probarlo me doy cuenta que existen elementos que remiten bastante a Ninja Gaiden y secuencias estilo Final Fantasy con Devil May Cry, quiza se escuche bastante cheesy, y lo es, pero en eso radica la diversion del titulo, elementos que haran que en ocasiones digas WTF, como otras que digas LMFAO hahahah, bueno el titulo es divertido y vale la pena comprarlo como de esos accesorios curiosos japoneses, muy japones Expand
  5. Apr 9, 2013
    So, had this game on my backlog for a while. I played it once when it came out, and for having DMC as my favorite video game franchise, you can guess that I enjoyed that first taste.

But for whatever reasons that I'm not sure of, I never really finished it. So, yeah, after the the DmC release I got frustrated, saddened and angry for what was done to my favorite video game, and quickly searched for a replacement.

And boy oh boy am I happy that it did. It's everything that I was EXACTLY looking for. The story silliness is nothing but refreshing to all that grimdark 2edgy4me that took all over the marketplace. The soundtrack is amazing, I adore "Fly me to the moon" and kicking angels asses by the sound of it was interesting at the last. I felt pressured whenever the game embraced that "serious" tone some chapters, to suddenly feel my blood pumping with joy whenever FMTTM kicked in again.

And who cares if she gets naked? Or if the game has tons of sexualization? Well, let me tell this; character sexualizations works for both ways. Just like, let's say, Dante. Who has the looks of a greek god himself. And who cares, when they just have this huge charisma that only make us glad to be on their skin? I had this big stupid smile plastered on my face through pretty much every cutscene. They were simply a joy to watch.

I didn't even got started in the gameplay! It’s so fast paced that sometimes felt like a cutscene that I was in control! It has such a large variety of combos, when I hadn’t even unlocked all of the weapons. The fact that you can pretty much cancel all of the attacks just opens a huge door to our creativity regarding combos. And they’re not even easy to pull it off, when the enemies have this pretty smart AI who’d wait for our opening and shove THEIR OWN combos on us. I never really saw that in an hack’n slash, where the ENEMY would use a combination of attack on us whenever I’d let myself get caught, leading to the loss of 5/10 my health on NORMAL. And I loved that. I have this huge collection of stone awards, that I’m not even ashamed of!

The PS3 version however has some frame rate issues, as well as an unnecessary loading screen time. I highly recommend you to install the game before starting, causing most of the problems to cease.

If you're a fan of the hack'n slash game, or just want a fresh start this game is a MUST BUY.
  6. JasonG.
    Jan 9, 2010
    great game sadly the loading times muck the game up i own both consoles and wish now i had bought the xbox 360 version never mind.
  7. SavannahH.
    Jan 10, 2010
    i really enjoyed playing through this and i am soo happy i finished it. i love the variety of moves and enemies so it never gets boring. when i heard it was by the same makers of Devil May Cry i believed they would not be able to top Devil May Cry. I have it on the PS3 and the Loading times were not as annoying as everyone said they were but it does make me a little upset that they got i really enjoyed playing through this and i am soo happy i finished it. i love the variety of moves and enemies so it never gets boring. when i heard it was by the same makers of Devil May Cry i believed they would not be able to top Devil May Cry. I have it on the PS3 and the Loading times were not as annoying as everyone said they were but it does make me a little upset that they got lazy when converting it to the PS3. the bosses were crazy but awesome and i would recommend this for anyone. i will defiantly play this game again and try and get all the trophies. Expand
  8. ChrisS.
    Jan 31, 2010
    I love this game! I can see how it wouldn't be for everybody, but if you love super hectic over the top action, get this game. The controls are solid and responsive, and very easy to get used to. The graphics are mostly pretty good. I have the ps3 version and yes at release the load times were horrible, but i never had slow down during gameplay, and after the install game option I love this game! I can see how it wouldn't be for everybody, but if you love super hectic over the top action, get this game. The controls are solid and responsive, and very easy to get used to. The graphics are mostly pretty good. I have the ps3 version and yes at release the load times were horrible, but i never had slow down during gameplay, and after the install game option patch that they released, the load times are super speedy. That was the only thing that really bothered me, but it's fixed. I don't think the voice acting is that bad, i think it's intentionally corny, part of the style of the game. The story has been really cool so far, and as far as the length of the game, there are some chapters that are long and some that are short with only one verse, so if it seems like it's taking hours to get through a chapter, the pacing isn't constantly like that, you may jump through 4-5 chapters in a few hours later in the game. Bottom line this game is super imaginative well made and fun as hell to play, definite 10! Expand
  9. Aug 5, 2011
    Okay. Bayonetta is.... one character you probably rarely come across as a protagonist. Many protagonists in games these days are quite generice looking, Nathan Drake (Uncharted), Cole in InFamous to name a few. Bayonetta on the other hand is fully dramatised to look extremely tall, curvy, suave and sexy which make her and the game kinda stand out. The game is basically a non-stop comboOkay. Bayonetta is.... one character you probably rarely come across as a protagonist. Many protagonists in games these days are quite generice looking, Nathan Drake (Uncharted), Cole in InFamous to name a few. Bayonetta on the other hand is fully dramatised to look extremely tall, curvy, suave and sexy which make her and the game kinda stand out. The game is basically a non-stop combo action game, meaning the star of Bayonetta is using tons of button combinations to execute all kinds of over-the-top attack moves that are cool and beautiful to watch. The game can be very easy (one button automatic combat) or extremely hard depending on the diffulty level you can choose. It offers quite an amount of content which means you'll be replaying stages to acquire cool items such as the many unlockable move sets, costumes, and different weapons. Aside from the gameplay, side characters are kinda weak and the story is not too compelling . It will certainly take time before you can truly understand the concept behind the story of Bayonetta. All in all, Bayonetta is another action figthing game you'd expect from Sega. It's nothing new or great but it can be a fun experience with all the cool combos. And if you're not down with that, well, at least you get to watch how hot Bayonetta is when she fights!! Expand
  10. May 25, 2013
    Although I certainly like the theme and it does have some awesome moments, its battle system is according to me not better than DMC as the they acclaim. It does not motivate you to create your combos enough and in the end it jus gets to to much dodging and precreated combos. New features like the Witchtime and dodge offsets are smart, but they don´t ad much to combos.
  11. Apr 25, 2012
    Good game, non-stop action, Great game play and pretty decent graphics, also theres so much vareity in combos and weapons! It loads pretty quick once you install it on your HDD.... definitely a must have! I give it personally a 9.5.. this game doesn't disappoint
  12. JoshuaW
    Jan 20, 2010
    Bayonetta is a MUST BUY. This game was developed by the same people responsible for Devil May Cry, Resident Evil, Viewtiful Joe, Okami, God Hand, and Madworld. Buy this game.
  13. NicholasH.
    Jan 11, 2010
    My son and I really enjoying co-oping this
  14. Jul 16, 2013
    I have to say that I really liked the game. For the first instance I had to go through one hour of wtf-moments, but then the game got better and better. There is a fatel flaw though: The beginner mode is way to easy and the normal mode is to hard imo. You have to play with perfect timing to reach the end in the normal mode. After loosing a boss battle for the 10th time, it getsI have to say that I really liked the game. For the first instance I had to go through one hour of wtf-moments, but then the game got better and better. There is a fatel flaw though: The beginner mode is way to easy and the normal mode is to hard imo. You have to play with perfect timing to reach the end in the normal mode. After loosing a boss battle for the 10th time, it gets frustrating. But that's because of my level as a player and not the games fauld. Nevertheless, it would have been good to have a difficulty setting inbetween. Expand
  15. Oct 30, 2011
    Fantastic game. I love the mish-mash button fighting system and really excites me. Cool storyline to be a part of. The enemies are really hilariously awesome and gorgeously created. The bosses fight are memorable and bayonetta manages to own them all. I only wish the game could be longer.
  16. Mar 26, 2013
    This is one of my favorite hack and slash type of games. The graphics are pretty solid, the gameplay is simple enough to quickly learn and have a handle of, but complex enough to always be learning new things.

The game has a ton of personality, the over-the-top sexuality in the game is beyond hilarious at times. The music has a great feel to it, at times being very humorous given the situation that it's in.

This is a great hack and slash that also brings a ton of personality, something that can often lack in. The mix of charm and gameplay is a mix you can't go wrong with.
  17. Sep 20, 2010
    Bayonetta is one of the greatest examples of fantastic game design. The game does stuff that is just my boggling to think about. There are many things to gripe about when it comes to this game. Stuff like, the story is to wacky, or as a friend of mine said, that game look a little GAY, Which most are true, this game is pretty gay. But once you start playing the game nothing can touch it.Bayonetta is one of the greatest examples of fantastic game design. The game does stuff that is just my boggling to think about. There are many things to gripe about when it comes to this game. Stuff like, the story is to wacky, or as a friend of mine said, that game look a little GAY, Which most are true, this game is pretty gay. But once you start playing the game nothing can touch it. The combat is very in-depth, itâ Expand
  18. Oct 5, 2010
    Bayonetta is an impressive game that is rich in gameplay, story and graphics. The superb features that are in this game are flawless. I reccomend this game to everyone who is thinking of buying it, it is a truly indulging game all-together.
  19. Oct 12, 2010
    When getting this game I wasn't sure what to expect, but it blew me away! The game play ran smoothly and the story was a good-paced 9-10 hours of excitement. At first the story didn't seem like much, however as I passed through more and more of the story I saw that it was so much deeper and I really got sucked in to the crazy plot and dazzling characters.
    One of my complaints is that the
    One of my complaints is that the loading times were quite long and were a bit of a pain on the PS3 version, but the game itself is fantastic and should have sold a lot better. The customisation lead to different combo techniques and the different items and moves you could purchase was a great addition. The graphics were also beautiful and lead to the thrilling experience. The most impressive feature of the game was probably the boss battles. After the first I thought they couldn't get better but the last was one of the finest bosses I have ever played in a video game. This game is hard even in normal which is the highest difficulty you can start in and some of the alfheim portals are very tough, but this just makes the game even more dazzling and addicting.
    I recommend buying this to any fan of action games as the experience is incredible and as ludicrous as the story and characters are you really enjoy the twists along the way.
    Must buy for action fans !!!
  20. Feb 13, 2011
    This game is pretty nuts. Platinum has done a LOT with such an old genre. The gameplay is wall-to-wall action punctuated with a compelling main character, good plot, excellent graphics and control. I only have two gripes. One, some parts of this game are unnecessarily frustrating with cheap boss fights and checkpoints that are a too far from them. Two, the prerendered cinematics areThis game is pretty nuts. Platinum has done a LOT with such an old genre. The gameplay is wall-to-wall action punctuated with a compelling main character, good plot, excellent graphics and control. I only have two gripes. One, some parts of this game are unnecessarily frustrating with cheap boss fights and checkpoints that are a too far from them. Two, the prerendered cinematics are PS2 quality (if that.) Not sure why the rest of the game is so awesome looking but the prerendered stuff looks bad. Besides these two points, the game is a must-buy at the current 20 dollar price point. It's fairly long what what it is and you'll have your hands full for a while. A must-have for your collection. Expand
  21. Nov 30, 2010
    An amazing experience meant to played by those who enjoy the Devil May Cry series and maybe even the Ninja Gaiden games. The ps3 may be the inferior product when compared to the 360, however the patch released make this a more enjoyable port. Overall, fast-paced, intense, epic, and a must have on any gamers' shelf.
  22. Jan 1, 2011
    I didnt know about Bayonetta until I played the demo. Was blown away and the game was no exception. I love the presentation of different dimensions and I thought the five hunfred year old witch story, though not original, was still pretty cool. The real high point of this game are the play mechanics. The player does high jumps, shoots, slices and dices, then lands on her feet to do it allI didnt know about Bayonetta until I played the demo. Was blown away and the game was no exception. I love the presentation of different dimensions and I thought the five hunfred year old witch story, though not original, was still pretty cool. The real high point of this game are the play mechanics. The player does high jumps, shoots, slices and dices, then lands on her feet to do it all again on the ground with great fluidity. Enemies attack from all angles and Bayonetta uses her sleek yet very deadly combat styles to dispatch them all. Her finishing moves awaken powerful demons that launch devistating attacks against larger enemies and bosses. On the down side, the load times are really annoying. The screen has to load every stage and every time you enter and exit a menu. Sometimes, not very often, the screen has to load mid level, but this is only for a second. But the weapons and items can be accessed while playing so theres no need to always bring up the menu. Another thing is the difficulty. Bayonetta has a dodge that when timed correctly, slows down all the enemies temporarily. But miss the dodge and you get hurt badly. Most enemies won't have one attack and you will be hit four five times before hitting the ground. And like how Bayonetta can move all over the screen, they can to. But with pratice, Bayonetta can be mastered and that brings a powerful feeling to take out ten enemies without taking a single hit. For players who like hack and slash games where style is key, this is the definitive vide game. Expand
  23. Aug 11, 2011
    This is a must-own PS3 game before you die. I definitely love the adrenaline and the heart-pounding smokin' hot Bayonetta. She's got more weapons than BloodRayne and Dante combined. I can't stop loving the new features: a slow-motion dodge system called "Witch Time," incredible killer moves, and some fatalities that could make Mortal Kombat running for their own money. Can't wait for aThis is a must-own PS3 game before you die. I definitely love the adrenaline and the heart-pounding smokin' hot Bayonetta. She's got more weapons than BloodRayne and Dante combined. I can't stop loving the new features: a slow-motion dodge system called "Witch Time," incredible killer moves, and some fatalities that could make Mortal Kombat running for their own money. Can't wait for a sequel as soon as it announces in the future. But for now, Bayonetta is pure sexy and pure crazy. One of my favorite games of 2010. Expand
  24. Jun 5, 2012
    I had that game catching dust on my shelf for a while when I decided to pick it up again. In the beginning, this game does give a "been here, done that" feeling, resembling DMC in many aspects, such as the overall "demonic" theme and the shooting/sword-fighting mixed game-play. Then again, the game does not deny that one bit. In fact, it deliberately takes things from DMC and makesI had that game catching dust on my shelf for a while when I decided to pick it up again. In the beginning, this game does give a "been here, done that" feeling, resembling DMC in many aspects, such as the overall "demonic" theme and the shooting/sword-fighting mixed game-play. Then again, the game does not deny that one bit. In fact, it deliberately takes things from DMC and makes them...better. The game-play (meaning moving Bayonetta herself) is pure fun and highly addictive. Once you get familiar with timing and movement, fighting goes smooth, flashy and makes you feel like you are in control. Some of her moves are so over the top that they made a small miracle to actually make it perfectly playable. Defy gravity, transform into animals, kill opponents with your hair that turns into a giant raven or dragon. Apart from the moveable camera that can be confusing sometimes, there is nothing about the game-play that should be considered other than brilliant, hit detection and avoiding enemy attacks is near perfection, even though as mentioned earlier I did need some time getting used to it. You have witches, demons, VERY intentionally lame jokes and fantastic level design plus millions of bad guys to defeat that come in a great variety. Several additional weapons, costumes, moves and accessories to buy will keep you busy for a while. If you are into Hack'n'Slay and Action, this game is a must. Expand
  25. Feb 24, 2012
    Great game, fun to play, good combos, very good graph's, interesting charactere and story.

its a shame that you can't start a new game with old charactere with points, stats and bought items.
  26. May 2, 2012
    Bayonetta could be easily and mistakenly summed up by:"it's devil may cry, but you play as a woman". They are quite similar on the surface, but Bayonetta takes the "stylish action" from dmc and takes it up to eleven. From start to finish this game felt always fresh with a story that goes from point A to point K with unexpected twists. As long as you proceed into the game, you'll gain newBayonetta could be easily and mistakenly summed up by:"it's devil may cry, but you play as a woman". They are quite similar on the surface, but Bayonetta takes the "stylish action" from dmc and takes it up to eleven. From start to finish this game felt always fresh with a story that goes from point A to point K with unexpected twists. As long as you proceed into the game, you'll gain new abilities or powers that bring new gameplay mechanics. If you think you'll survive just pressing the square button you are very wrong, you will learn pretty soon to master the "dodge" mechanic that slows time for a couple of seconds. The main character is funny as hell, charismatic, even though at times she goes too far in terms of profanity, making the viewer uncomfortable. The biggest downside for me was the presentation, cutscenes were a little difficult to follow trying to mimic a motion comic (if you are not english it's difficult to read the subtitles and get what is happening on screen). Occasionally this game looked like it came from the ps2-era, fortunately I do not base my judgement only on graphics so it really didn't matter very much. In the end Bayonetta is a must buy if you like fun and compelling games, the artistic direction can be divisive, though. Collapse
  27. Mar 7, 2012
    I feel this game is a little over rated. All I hear is that this the Female Version of Devil May Cry. It is true in some ways and not true in most. But the game is generally fun but feel like it could've been improved more. It's basically your typical hack and slash game with some customization to your weapons. It has that over the top action sequence and it was very enjoyable. If you're aI feel this game is a little over rated. All I hear is that this the Female Version of Devil May Cry. It is true in some ways and not true in most. But the game is generally fun but feel like it could've been improved more. It's basically your typical hack and slash game with some customization to your weapons. It has that over the top action sequence and it was very enjoyable. If you're a trophy hunter like me, I found that most of them are fairly difficult to get unless you play this game many times over and over again to unlock weapons. Overall its an enjoyable game and should be played if you're into this type of game. Expand
  28. Jul 8, 2013
    The good:
    - Great character design and a fun story
    - Great music and sound - Very good environments and attention to detail - A lot to do (challenges, collectables) high replayability - Often very smooth combat, better than most other games in this genre The bad: - Sometimes very frustrating, hard and unforgiving - Quick-time events are just horrible and frustrating -
    The good:
    - Great character design and a fun story
    - Great music and sound
    - Very good environments and attention to detail
    - A lot to do (challenges, collectables) high replayability
    - Often very smooth combat, better than most other games in this genre

The bad:
    - Sometimes very frustrating, hard and unforgiving
    - Quick-time events are just horrible and frustrating
    - Frustrating platforming sections later on
    - A few bad framerate problems later on, but nothing awful.

Overall, I'd say it's an 8.2. If you like these kind of games, I'd say buy it straight away! But if you're easily frustrated or don't like button mashing, you might want to borrow or rent it first. I'd say it's worth checking out even if just for the brilliant style and for Bayonetta herself, who is one of the most finely crafted and hilarious characters I've ever seen. Apart from a couple of flaws, I really enjoyed it.
  29. Jul 6, 2014
    After fixing the frame-rate issue by installing and the loading by updating,no doubt one of the best hack'n'slash,quite old already tough,but still in 2014,i really like playing,really fun and sometimes challeging,graphics is a bit exceeded,but the characters,enemies and bosses,still look great to good,,thing is,if you compare a bit with devil may cry,it's quite a button smashe,withAfter fixing the frame-rate issue by installing and the loading by updating,no doubt one of the best hack'n'slash,quite old already tough,but still in 2014,i really like playing,really fun and sometimes challeging,graphics is a bit exceeded,but the characters,enemies and bosses,still look great to good,,thing is,if you compare a bit with devil may cry,it's quite a button smashe,with dodging at the right time

Now the story likes some others games(a least in my opinion) takes some time to trigger and get interesting,maybe because there is quite loose ends,and get time to get understandable,now like survivor horrors,they are files and other stuff you can get,explaining more of everything,thing is,not everyone has the balls to read i guess,what help is the characters, that overrall have a good charisma,mainly bayonetta herself and luka,also jeanne is a good character,also the game has a good sense of humor,making you laugh sometimes,for mans,well no doubt they are those who will literally fap to bayonetta,her ass gets in the cutscenes a lot,and it's perfect,
    as for the gameplay,not much secret,like devil may cry,just walk straight,make combos on enemies,what is good is that the gameplay is varied,with diferent types of stages,bosses,with tecnically speaking,no puzzles,i got a bit lost only on the airplane stage,had to look around a bit to get to the right place

if you are a fan of hack'n'slash,this a must buy,if you lke games with a story that starts well and end well,you have to think about a bit,the characters are overral good and have a really good charisma,that makes the story quite more interesting,if you like a female protagonist that has sex appeal quite big,and OP,well bayonetta might be your home
  30. Apr 18, 2014
    not a bad game, in homage to "GRArcada" the game is "Stufective", Stupid concept and everything but yet effective.

It looks great, making the difference between the dull and gray human world and the colorful and impressive other worlds or "purgatory" as its called in game, where most of the battles are. The Story is very simple with clear villain with a simple and somewhat cliche

The Story is very simple with clear villain with a simple and somewhat cliche motivation, and presented though the also cliche "amnesia" plot (seriously, if you find the story of this game too complex, you have a lot to learn).

So while it looks gorgeous and amazing, its too amazing for its own good, for what the game is and offers, the realistic aesthetics it chooses to be doesn't help, it would be more awesome if it was a bit more stylized, then is can had more "over the top" scenes and "over the top" reactions that would help a lot of moments in the game, but what we get is enough to enjoy the game so... meh.

The Game play is fast, aggressive, sexy, and visually impressive, but if you play for prolonged sessions it becomes repetitive, same enemies same ways to beat them all, and once you get the weapon of your choice, you don't need anything else in the game in terms of upgrades, maybe something to improve your mobility and health but that's about it, sometimes it feels like a button smasher rather than an action game, and as many in its genre, you go in a level, gets stuck in a "room" with a bunch of enemies, kick their asses to continue and repeat, but the different combos add that "itch" of experimentation to make it feel less repetitive, even when it still is repetitive, just enough to want to play a further more, that and try to execute all the "climax moves" on every enemy, those move feels amazing when executes on enemies. The only big problem with some fights and moments in the game are the QTE and instant death moves from some bosses, the QTE need a bit more time to announce themselves and allow the player to put the command in the controller, and the instant death moves should be announced differently so the player can be prepared a bit the first time facing them, at least in normal and easier difficulties, for the hardcore players its ok.

The audio is immersive, it has passion and goes with the tension or the spectacular visuals it is played, is sexy as the protagonist, and emotional. Said that, there's some levels where is little to no Background music when there is no battle, and the common battle theme repeats to much with the common enemies, making these fights repetitive and often boring. Its only the Climax or torture attacks that makes these common fights enjoyable, seriously, it feels sooo satisfying.....
  31. May 2, 2012

Bayonetta is the kind of game that makes me appreciate why I love videogames. It really defines a time when things were not taken too seriously and the focus was more on style and gameplay than anything else.
  2. Bayonetta on the PlayStation 3 is simultaneously gratuitous, ludicrous, and great, but it's unfortunately held back from its potential by a number of technical issues.
  3. Bayonetta is a refreshing and somewhat surprising addition to an already extensive catalogue of action games. A must-buy for any anime gaming fan, and an excellent representation of the genre.