- Summary: Bayonetta is a stylish and cinematic action game directed by creator Hideki Kamiya. A member of an ancient witch clan and possessing powers beyond the comprehension of mere mortals, Bayonetta faces-off against countless ethereal enemies, many reaching epic proportions, in a game of 100%Bayonetta is a stylish and cinematic action game directed by creator Hideki Kamiya. A member of an ancient witch clan and possessing powers beyond the comprehension of mere mortals, Bayonetta faces-off against countless ethereal enemies, many reaching epic proportions, in a game of 100% pure, unadulterated all-out action. Outlandish finishing moves are performed with balletic grace as Bayonetta flows from one fight to another. With over-the-top action taking place in stages that are a veritable theme park of exciting attractions, Bayonetta pushes the limits of the action genre, bringing to life its fast-paced, dynamic climax combat. [Sega]… Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Autoplay On Off
Pelit (Finland)A positively over-the-top beat 'em up -adventure. The battles are simply stunning - sexy, bloody, brutal and above all: fun. [Jan 2010]
An action game fan’s wet dream. Despite a derivative structure and a few technical stumbles—like occasional slowdown and frequent screen tearing—Bayonetta takes everything that’s good about every other combo-heavy action game, cranks up the intensity, fine tunes the combat, and bundles it in a single, sexy, “au naturel” package.
Bayonetta on the PS3 is a rather bad version of a pretty good fighting game. The graphics are both slower and less crisp than its Xbox 360 counterpart, but the worst thing of all is the incredibly long loading times between levels, between cut scenes, while entering menus - and even whilst picking up objects.
SavannahH.Jan 10, 2010i really enjoyed playing through this and i am soo happy i finished it. i love the variety of moves and enemies so it never gets boring. when i really enjoyed playing through this and i am soo happy i finished it. i love the variety of moves and enemies so it never gets boring. when i heard it was by the same makers of Devil May Cry i believed they would not be able to top Devil May Cry. I have it on the PS3 and the Loading times were not as annoying as everyone said they were but it does make me a little upset that they got lazy when converting it to the PS3. the bosses were crazy but awesome and i would recommend this for anyone. i will defiantly play this game again and try and get all the trophies.… Expand
RomuloD.Jan 10, 2010Bayonetta is sexy and stylish. I never thought I would like a game so much.
Apr 18, 2014not a bad game, in homage to "GRArcada" the game is "Stufective", Stupid concept and everything but yet effective.
It looks great, makingnot a bad game, in homage to "GRArcada" the game is "Stufective", Stupid concept and everything but yet effective.
It looks great, making the difference between the dull and gray human world and the colorful and impressive other worlds or "purgatory" as its called in game, where most of the battles are.
The Story is very simple with clear villain with a simple and somewhat cliche motivation, and presented though the also cliche "amnesia" plot (seriously, if you find the story of this game too complex, you have a lot to learn).
So while it looks gorgeous and amazing, its too amazing for its own good, for what the game is and offers, the realistic aesthetics it chooses to be doesn't help, it would be more awesome if it was a bit more stylized, then is can had more "over the top" scenes and "over the top" reactions that would help a lot of moments in the game, but what we get is enough to enjoy the game so... meh.
The Game play is fast, aggressive, sexy, and visually impressive, but if you play for prolonged sessions it becomes repetitive, same enemies same ways to beat them all, and once you get the weapon of your choice, you don't need anything else in the game in terms of upgrades, maybe something to improve your mobility and health but that's about it, sometimes it feels like a button smasher rather than an action game, and as many in its genre, you go in a level, gets stuck in a "room" with a bunch of enemies, kick their asses to continue and repeat, but the different combos add that "itch" of experimentation to make it feel less repetitive, even when it still is repetitive, just enough to want to play a further more, that and try to execute all the "climax moves" on every enemy, those move feels amazing when executes on enemies. The only big problem with some fights and moments in the game are the QTE and instant death moves from some bosses, the QTE need a bit more time to announce themselves and allow the player to put the command in the controller, and the instant death moves should be announced differently so the player can be prepared a bit the first time facing them, at least in normal and easier difficulties, for the hardcore players its ok.
The audio is immersive, it has passion and goes with the tension or the spectacular visuals it is played, is sexy as the protagonist, and emotional. Said that, there's some levels where is little to no Background music when there is no battle, and the common battle theme repeats to much with the common enemies, making these fights repetitive and often boring. Its only the Climax or torture attacks that makes these common fights enjoyable, seriously, it feels sooo satisfying.....… Expand
Apr 12, 2015As a whole this games is awesome, but after playing a lot of other games, i've understanded the reason why the ps3 version was so criticized,As a whole this games is awesome, but after playing a lot of other games, i've understanded the reason why the ps3 version was so criticized, platinum games should have patched it better after seeing what sega did to the game.… Expand
Jun 13, 2014A very good hack and slash game, the story is alright, but tends to get abit akward at times, the characters are however good and i felt thatA very good hack and slash game, the story is alright, but tends to get abit akward at times, the characters are however good and i felt that Bayonetta was a real bad ass lead, and that Luka was a really good supporting character.
The game holds a really cool combo system which and im sure any hack and slash fan will find it interesting.
I however felt that the game had to many endings. Don't get me wrong, there is just one ending, but there where at least 3-4 four times i believed that the game was over and that i've finally beaten it, just to show that there is another boss awaiting just after the cut scene, the game can be quiet unforgiving even at the "Normal" setting, but anyone who likes a challenge should be up for it.… Expand
Sep 5, 2015I rate this game based on DMC3 & DMC4, so maybe it is not fair, and it is just personal.
- Combo System. I just don't like it. You get yourI rate this game based on DMC3 & DMC4, so maybe it is not fair, and it is just personal.
- Combo System. I just don't like it. You get your combos by mixing triangle and circle, and the rhythm of input. Yeah I hate it 'cause I suck at it. I just cannot get the right rhythm, so I feel frustrated when I can't control the action.
- Enemy Super Armor. Nearly every enemy has super armor, it is so hard to control them. Yes you can cancel an animation with dodge and trigger witch time, I just feel unresponsive when fighting lots of super armor guys who are immune to normal attacks.
- Enemy Combo. Yes enemies have combos and are very deadly, take half of your life with one combo. It is like fighting two DT Virgil at the same time.
- Mana. You lost your mana when you get hit... Hell if I lost mana in DMC I will lost my mind.
- Fall damage. This is an action game, let me focus on fighting instead of jumping like super Mario.
- Item Price. I hardly bought anything with one playthrough.
- QTE. Damn it, I hate QTE when fighting bosses! Especially when you miss one, the boss regain health... what the hell.
- Last two bosses. They try to give these two bosses epic ending, but when you fail, you just die for no good reason, Jesus...
- The SHOOTING chapter. Oh come on, it maybe fun when you first play it, but I was expecting a game I can play dozens of times, this chapter is horrible to me. As an action game, you shouldn't design for fun, you design it short and clean so we can repeatedly play.
- Skip the cutscene is a pain in the ass
- Climax. Another reason I don't want to challenge this game repeatedly. I just prefer neat action games.
Everything I complained about this game, you might love about it. So if it is offensive to you, I am sorry.… Expand
Sep 20, 2014bayonetta puo essere tranquillamente il nuovo sinonimo di sopravvalutato è un titolo mediocre spacciato per capolavoro con una tramabayonetta puo essere tranquillamente il nuovo sinonimo di sopravvalutato è un titolo mediocre spacciato per capolavoro con una trama inesistente e una protagonista ODIOSA e stupida meglio dedicarsi ad altro.… Expand