8.7

1. Apr 16, 2014
    The HD update delivers. It has leaderboards, meaningful trophies, and the sharp cartoon graphics look recent, even impressive sometimes. The action is not so exciting, but the adventure part is almost a puzzle game by today's standard. This is from back when games didn't play themselves. You have to figure out lots of sections in the game. I suspect that's why the game stayed relatively obscure. The kids who were smart enough to figure it out didn't recommend it do their more impatient friends. Those ready for it can look forward to 10 hours of smart action adventure with lots of mini-games and secrets, in an almost Zelda-like smoothness of presentation and ambition. I was irritated more than a few times by mistakes I could not have foreseen. The last boss fight in particular allowed no shopping for health packs, so I went in unprepared. Those small things where the game suddenly screws you over, that's not cool. And much of the levels are located in rather dark and grey environments, despite the colorful and inviting 'overworld'/'hub'. I'd like to have played more in the colorful environments. Expand
  2. Oct 28, 2013
    Really!?! I thought this was supposed to be a classic. Sure, it has all the makings of a good game, but the controls are poor, the combat is sluggish, and the game design is terrible. It was initially touted as a "zelda for adults", though there is little here to keep you entertained. Outside of the main town (which is pretty limited) there is nothing much to explore or get involved with, and the main quest sections are pretty sparse and extremely easy. I can see the potential, but even so its all a bit rubbish and has not passed the test of time well. Add to this that the game can be finished in a number of hours, with very little to come back for, makes it a disappointment.
    I know this game has its fans, all of whom are begging for a sequel. The basics are all there for a great action based adventure game, but the characters need more depth and the story needs more flesh if this could ever be a successful franchise
  3. Apr 16, 2013
    I never played this on the ps2 or xbox so I don't know if this ones different but it is fun the combat is simple easy to pick up exploring the planet and taking pictures is fun to it doesn't tell you where to go sometimes which makes it hard at times but overall its pretty fun
  4. Apr 4, 2013
    Great game. The characters really pulled me in, and I had a wonderful adventure. However there were times it felt like I really had to fight the camera, and some things can be irritating after a while (CARLSON AND PETERS!!) but overall highly recommended.
  5. Jul 15, 2011
    Great game. Never had the chance to try it. But now here it is in HD. This game is still awesome comparing to current games. Great storyline, great characters, and the fantasy world is very well designed. Music is good and voice acting superb. Lots of things to collect. Few trophies though and no platinum.
  6. Sep 10, 2011
    I didn't play the whole version but tried the demo. I have to say it seemed pretty lame. The combat was boring single button mashing without a lot of options for moves. Like I said I didn't play the whole game, I lost interest after about 10 minutes. After taking pictures of some animals I quit the game and deleted the demo.
  7. Jul 20, 2011
    Awesome game!!! If you missed it years ago, now there's your chance to relive this great game. Good graphics (now in HD), nice voice acting, thoughtful gameplay and an epic story make this game something everybody has to play. Maybe we will get a sequel sometime. :)

1. Jul 25, 2011
    Equally fluid is the combat, which is what I'd describe as "Sands of Time lite."
  2. Jul 19, 2011