Beyond: Two Souls PlayStation 3

8.1

1. Oct 14, 2013
    underestimate game ever! underestima underestimate game ever!te game ever! underestimate game ever! underestimate game ever! underestimate game ever! underestimate game ever!underestimate game ever!underestimate game ever!underestimate game ever!
  2. Oct 14, 2013
    Amazing story with amazing music in combination with fantastic graphics. Quantic Dream for one more time creates an epic title, who easily we can say that is "The Game of the Year".
  3. Oct 14, 2013
    You can't fairly assess this game in comparison to others because it is incredibly unique. It's best to go into this game as if you have no idea what games usually are because if you do, then you will have an incredible rich experience. The game gives you a choice to chose whether you are a gamer with a lot of experience or not. I suggest that even if you do, chose that you don't playYou can't fairly assess this game in comparison to others because it is incredibly unique. It's best to go into this game as if you have no idea what games usually are because if you do, then you will have an incredible rich experience. The game gives you a choice to chose whether you are a gamer with a lot of experience or not. I suggest that even if you do, chose that you don't play games much. I'm glad I did. I have had a blast so far in this game. The game play is so different and unique. If you love being totally immersed in story being a part of it completely, this is a great game for you. If you are not a storyline buff and would rather just stay in a pew pew mode, then you probably won't like this game. And if you don't it isn't fair to give it a bad review if it isn't the genre you are liking! Expand
  4. Oct 15, 2013
    Absolutely enjoying this game, the graphics are amazing and the story really pulls me in. It is an interactive novel, but as a fan of Heavy Rain and Quantic Dream, I am all in. Plus, the subject matter does not hurt as I always find myself drawn to such things. Enjoy!
  5. Oct 16, 2013
    Amazing experience,Awesome graphics, This game is fantastic! One of my favorite games this year. David Cage make a fantastic game, Just like heavy rain was and Indigo prophecy before it.
  6. Oct 17, 2013
    I played this game with my wife And It was a Very Nice experience! She sucks at video Gámes but enjoys watching me while i am playing! This is the very first time we have played And actually enjoyed together a video game! It is a unique journey And one of a kind game! Dont miss It, It will be remenber as the baby steps not just of a new way to see Gámes but to see entertainment as a whole
  7. Oct 19, 2013
    Don't be fooled by some of the other reviews. Despite a few control/camera issues and occasionally bland backgrounds, this is a stunningly beautiful game. Much like The Last of Us, I consider this game to be Next Gen storytelling. I've given this game a 10/10 (and consciously ignored some minor faults) as it's one of the most amazing journeys I've had in the last 25 years of gaming. PlayDon't be fooled by some of the other reviews. Despite a few control/camera issues and occasionally bland backgrounds, this is a stunningly beautiful game. Much like The Last of Us, I consider this game to be Next Gen storytelling. I've given this game a 10/10 (and consciously ignored some minor faults) as it's one of the most amazing journeys I've had in the last 25 years of gaming. Play it through to the end. You won't be disappointed! P.S If you happen to have a nice surround sound set up in your home, you're in for a treat Amazing Expand
  8. Oct 21, 2013
    Good game makes you fill like you are in a movie with such great graphics. Even though the storyline might confuse some gamers since it is not in order.
  9. Oct 9, 2013
    Don't believe the criticism sites Beyond is the Beyond is maybe most important of the game playstation history. Emotional, sensitive and stunning.. Thanks Quantic Dream..
  10. Oct 9, 2013
    Its a Perfect Game,One of the Best of 2013!
    This is a true life game and everyone should get the lesson of this game that is:
    The game, which features psychological, spiritual, and thriller elements, is centered around questions about what happens after death.
    For the Haters there is a option in the beginning that u can choose "i rarely play video games"!
  11. Oct 9, 2013
    excellent game, with awesome graphics, the story take the attention of the gamer. the principal character shows a human appearance with conflicts that make feel to the gamer. dialogue is attractive.
  12. Oct 15, 2013
    I saw too many ones complaining that there are no consequences failing an action, that there is no game over or whatsoever, that the game still go onward even failing something, I wonder if these BIG MINDS have thought that SOMETHING COULD CHANGE between successfully completing one action or failing it completely... of course the game keeps going on the same but wonder a bit if somethingI saw too many ones complaining that there are no consequences failing an action, that there is no game over or whatsoever, that the game still go onward even failing something, I wonder if these BIG MINDS have thought that SOMETHING COULD CHANGE between successfully completing one action or failing it completely... of course the game keeps going on the same but wonder a bit if something could have been different succesfully completing an action...please. I wonder if the game has been made for an higher IQ tier than the average of the gamers here complaining is.

My only complaint goes to Aiden's movement which I find it could have been slightly improved, everything else is a true masterpiece and I'm gonna rate this game 10 out of 10 to help close the mouth to "closed mind" ones.

After a second playthrough I have to admit it completely, David Cage is a visionary genius and I invite every "professional" non "oiled" reviewer to take a look at this interview http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2013-09/04/david-cage-beyond-two-souls maybe this could clear their view on the "consequences" of actions and on the "why" people playing this game could feel to actually watch a movie while instead their are playing a game, is an interview in which Cage explains why every playthrough is a set piece of experience and why someone playing the game could experience something that other ones playing the very same game doesn't, the basis on which I can legit BS every "review" complaining about a game which is way too sophisticated to be understood at a first glance, this game can be played ten times without digging everything's inside, simply DO NOT LISTEN TO DETRACTORS AND LIVE THIS EXPERIENCE if you have an open mind and enough sensitivity, you won't regret it, just don't expect a classic FPS or TPS nor compare this game to more usual ones, here the skills are not everything and are put under test in a different way, hormone-driven teenagers, FPS lovers and basic minds should avoid it.

Thanks D. Cage, I must repeat myself, you are a visionary genius and this game have just only one BIG defect, sooner or later it comes to an end.
  13. Oct 9, 2013
    I have completed the game already. What can I say, it was an enjoyable adventure. The issue here is the QTE-control model which doesn't give neither freedom nor clarity ot simplicity. I truly believe they should have allow different actions more or less effective while pressing in the different directions of right stick. But the story worth it. My personal grade is 8+ for setting, story,I have completed the game already. What can I say, it was an enjoyable adventure. The issue here is the QTE-control model which doesn't give neither freedom nor clarity ot simplicity. I truly believe they should have allow different actions more or less effective while pressing in the different directions of right stick. But the story worth it. My personal grade is 8+ for setting, story, characters and the world of the game. Expand
  14. Oct 9, 2013
    Looking at reviews, I can honestly say I've never seen more divisive reception for a game. When it comes down to it, Beyond Two Souls is a game that you either lover or hate.
    Some have said that the story is crap, I disagree entirely. Now yes, I will concede that I wish it focused more on the dramatic bits and interpersonal relationships rather than the cinematic explosion moments, but overall I felt this was an incredible story, even though at parts it was told a little bit clunky.
    It sets wide open for a sequel, and I hope we get it.
  15. Oct 11, 2013
    Awesome story but if it was sorted right I would've understood more and it would be more touching, Best graphics I've seen on PS3 but the loading may sometimes take a while and my game froze at some points probably just for me who knows. Combat can be hard at first but you can get used to it nothing else I didn't like the game is pure awesome
  16. Oct 11, 2013
    Great game I love it. Awesome graphics for a PS3. That game was awesome. Everybody, who did any work on this game is a great person. I hope there will come more games from Quantic dream
  17. Oct 9, 2013
    Game is an absolute piece of art. And because of that it's not something that could have only one opinion about. It is a clear art, including true original vision of big amount of artists working in QD, it is a part of David Cage soul, and only because of that it can not be awful. As I see it almost every bad review is written by people who doesn't really love HR or Fahrenheit. They'veGame is an absolute piece of art. And because of that it's not something that could have only one opinion about. It is a clear art, including true original vision of big amount of artists working in QD, it is a part of David Cage soul, and only because of that it can not be awful. As I see it almost every bad review is written by people who doesn't really love HR or Fahrenheit. They've said that Heavy Rain is a bad movie and everything, now they're pretending that they've loved it. Well, Beyond is HR squared. It's bigger, it's smarter and it really is more emotional. Of course they are saying now, that it's a bad game. Maybe it's not 10 out of 10, I understand that. But for a game that been created by two-hundred-men-team for three years it really worth more than 5-6/10. Let's be honest: it's not a bad game, it just was too much of an anticipation for it. Expand
  18. Oct 9, 2013
    David Cage is the golden god of gaming. I have a shrine of him above my bed. His smiling face keeps me safe at night. Graphic hot.Story Hot. Ellen Page hot. Willem Dafoe Hot. every thing about this game is amazing. It will make you feel real emotions and find the meaning of life.
  19. Oct 11, 2013
    With Beyond: Two Souls, Quantic Dream have taken away the rough edges of Heavy Rains interactivity and provided us with a beautiful story, world and performances from some of the film industry’s best actors. Offering a truly interactive cinematic experience.
  20. Oct 9, 2013
    Many people are going to hate on this due to it's lack of action. With that being set this is perhaps one of the few games I feel on the edge of my seat with. I feel strong emotional ties with Jodie as I watch her grow up. The graphics are great, but the only bone I have to pick is that during a few action scenes it is much too dark for me to see. However, it is realistic. Many peopleMany people are going to hate on this due to it's lack of action. With that being set this is perhaps one of the few games I feel on the edge of my seat with. I feel strong emotional ties with Jodie as I watch her grow up. The graphics are great, but the only bone I have to pick is that during a few action scenes it is much too dark for me to see. However, it is realistic. Many people won't like this game because of the lack of action but if you liked Heavy Rain you will love this game Expand
  21. Oct 9, 2013
    First of all, all the negative reviews are focusing on the fact that in this game you are an observer which i find positive, you are the observer but also get to decide on a lot of stuff she has to deal with.. Visually stunning, at some scenes even photo realistic. Ellen Page is a very good actress and managed to get me interested in her character. Also the story is not presented in a nonFirst of all, all the negative reviews are focusing on the fact that in this game you are an observer which i find positive, you are the observer but also get to decide on a lot of stuff she has to deal with.. Visually stunning, at some scenes even photo realistic. Ellen Page is a very good actress and managed to get me interested in her character. Also the story is not presented in a non logical way, because if you have a brain you can pick up the pieces and bind them together and it all makes sense. This game is not perfect, but if you like David Cage's previous work you will love this too, i haven't been so immersed in a game in a long time.. Expand
  22. Oct 10, 2013
    Amazing game interesting story, excellent graphics great game play and one of the biggest pluses is that it's different more like an interactive movie or novel definitely worth full price and looking very much forward what quantic will achieve on the ps4
  23. Oct 20, 2013
    Well, sorry, but i can't understand when reviewers say something like "lacklustre story" or "limited gameplay". Yes, story have it's problems and holes but this game made me attached to it's characters, empathize em and actually feel some emotions toward what happening on my screen. And last game (not the game as a whole, but final scene) that did it for me was Metal Gear Solid 4. AlsoWell, sorry, but i can't understand when reviewers say something like "lacklustre story" or "limited gameplay". Yes, story have it's problems and holes but this game made me attached to it's characters, empathize em and actually feel some emotions toward what happening on my screen. And last game (not the game as a whole, but final scene) that did it for me was Metal Gear Solid 4. Also after Heavy Rain you expect what? Duke Nukem 3D? Beyond is the same kind of interactive story as Heavy Rain were and i'm totally fine with that. Lower the game score because it's not like in your wet dreams? That's kind of strange thing in my eyes.
    As for the visual part of Beyond i don't think it's possible to pull out something more amazing from old consoles. I played Beyond right after i finished single part of GTA 5, the game was met by many reviewers as a graphical masterpiece that managed to do incredible things with that limited resources this gen consoles can offer, but i can say that Beyond is far better in my opinion. Yes, it's has it's own problems, low res textures here and there, but character models looks really amazing (while in GTA 5 i literally run away from strip club after i saw that dreadful dancers models and animation). I'm really impressed.
    As for story, i found it's good overall but i have i lot of moments that made me wonder how is that even possible. First of all i can't get some reviewers with their "What starts as an emotional, exciting story, ends up being a grotesque tidal wave of paranormal crap". Huh? It's starts with a little girl that have an invisible friend that can choke people to death. Nothing paranormal here, more along. I just can't get it. The whole story is about that, about how people look at that, about how they react at that things. Form a random boy on a street all the way up to Pentagon. But i have to be honest i have my share of problems with game story. There were a few moments i was like "why it's so random? If only i knew this before i have done things in a different way!". In the end it's explained why story is such a mess, but still you'll probably have this problem on your first walkthrough. WARNING SOME MINOR SPOILERS AHEAD! Most questions i have to some kind of weird Aiden behaviour. Looks like story sometimes forget that he is absolutely independent entity just "chained" to Jodie. Remember that Chin...oh shi~...that Whateverstan base? When Nik killed guard that was under Aiden control? And Jodie recoiled for some reason. I don't get why. Well, i could understand if Aiden get angry for that (that could be unpleasant for him) but Jodie that have nothing to do with that? Also on one hand he can stop Desert Eagle bullets fired from almost point blank range, deal with entire SWAT team prepared for combat (ok, they can't do a thing to him, but can do to Jodie) but cliche thing like baseball bat or assault rifle butt hit from behind is like ultimate move against him (worked 3 times out of 3 for me). Why? Or sometimes he is like "Whatever i'll act like i'm not even here". Like all the times while Jodie is fighting for her life Aiden must be flying around munching popcorn like "What a show! Oh my!". Otherwise i don't see a reason why he can't help. Like with first "zombie" in first condenser lab. Jodie fighting on her own, but few minutes later Aiden killing like 10 of that "zombies" (and even more entities)? Also i can't get that homeless part. Yeah, freezing on a street. Even worse, this "oh taking money to survive from ATM is such a bad thing". I can't even imagine that after 10 years of doing all that dirty jobs on CIA, including assassinations, after your country treat you like after almost everyone treat you like ****...I can believe in Max Payne story, where in situation like this you will go forward with guns blazing against all odd till the end, because you have nothing to lose at all, but i can't believe in that. Or at the end. Cole: -We are going to die anyway. Everyone:-Yeah, we get it. A minute later Cole falls and entities kill him. Jodie:-Noooooo, Cole!!!!11 WTF, aren't you get it that it's a one way trip anyway and that doesn't matter if Cole dies sooner or later? END OF SPOILERS. So as you can see there are a lot of holes and weird things in Beyond story (and i tell you just a part of it), but somehow that didn't spot me from enjoying this game so much.
    As for gameplay. Well, don't expect much. It's almost identical to Heavy Rain: QTEs, some item hunting and sometime game allow you to choose what to say (truth of lie, get angry of stay calm and etc). Not much but i wasn't hoping for something more anyway. Maybe you can say that game is short (it took me about 8 hours to finish), but it kept me playing non-stop. I started it in the morning and just after i finish it i realise that it dark outside already and i haven't eat or drink a thing for the whole day...
    So i strongly recommend this game to everyone who liked Heavy Rain or Fahrenheit. 9/10
  24. Oct 10, 2013
    Una experiencia de juego muy buena, desde el principio el juego te atrapa, los graficos son excelentes y la historia esta muy bien, la verdad que la idea esta excelente me apasiona el juego.
  25. Oct 11, 2013
    A daring epic. David Cage goes where no creative game director has ever dared to go. Beyond: Two Souls is a game unlike any other. A crowning masterpiece in storytelling, writing and performance. This is surely Ellen Page's greatest performance yet, an outstanding performance. Willem Dafoe also gives spectacular performance, giving it his best in every scene. Beyond: Two Souls is one hellA daring epic. David Cage goes where no creative game director has ever dared to go. Beyond: Two Souls is a game unlike any other. A crowning masterpiece in storytelling, writing and performance. This is surely Ellen Page's greatest performance yet, an outstanding performance. Willem Dafoe also gives spectacular performance, giving it his best in every scene. Beyond: Two Souls is one hell of a journey, crazy, emotional, unbelievable, unpredictable journey. And surprisingly, it ends as if there might be potential for a sequel??? Hmm. Imagine the possibilities of what could happen next. If you have a PS3, Beyond: Two Souls is an amazing game (that feels like it's even more than that) that should definitely not be missed. An incredible and, once again, daring, step forward for the evolution of storytelling in video games. Bravo, David Cage, bravo. Oh, and I think I've fallen in love with Ellen Page... I'm pretty sure David expected that to happen. Thanks for that. Expand
  26. Oct 17, 2013
    I am amazed at the low "professional" reviewers score! This is a fantastic game with a excellent story. It actually choked me up a few times. A horrible, vile game like GTA5 (5th sequel here) gets almost perfect scores but a original game like this gets blasted; what a travesty.
  27. Oct 22, 2013
    People still don't know how to rate this game properly because simply a new Genre.
    It is an INTERACTIVE MOVIE...and therefore any rating should be given relays heavily on the story.
    That's another problem, because each person has a different taste in movies. So basically I gave it a 9 based on my taste in movies and though there are some cliches...I still mostly enjoyed the story
    That's another problem, because each person has a different taste in movies.

So basically I gave it a 9 based on my taste in movies and though there are some cliches...I still mostly enjoyed the story really much...

Looking forward to part 2 if any!!
  28. Oct 24, 2013
    I know graphics isn't the only thing we judge a game on, but you can't ignore the fact that Beyond has from the most beautiful graphics any PS3 game has produced. Although I did feel that the game lagged in places, that the camera angles were weird at times and the story was all over the place at certain spots. I still loved this game. The action sequences to me felt great, and found thatI know graphics isn't the only thing we judge a game on, but you can't ignore the fact that Beyond has from the most beautiful graphics any PS3 game has produced. Although I did feel that the game lagged in places, that the camera angles were weird at times and the story was all over the place at certain spots. I still loved this game. The action sequences to me felt great, and found that moving the joystick work perfect. When it tried to be Heavy Rain, it was awesome.. but when it tried to be mainstream game, it fell flat. And like many have said, the quieter moments were the most impactful and they will never be forgotten. Well done David Cage and Quantic Dream for a real and unique experience in gaming. Expand
  29. Oct 14, 2013
    This game is not for everyone but for some who wants a rich story with great conflicted characters then this is your game. It's not a heavy action game with the gameplay being restricted throughout the gameplay. The Playstation 3 literally shows what it can do on its end to the Playstation 4 coming in a couple months.

Pros: Story, Character, Design, Graphics, Immersed world, Aiden,

Pros: Story, Character, Design, Graphics, Immersed world, Aiden, Choices
    Cons: Controls, Restricted game-play

Conclusion: Game-play is a little troubling to get through but the whole experience so rich and so great that people who skip the game would miss something so different than most games society has played.
  30. Oct 19, 2013
    I'm a huge fan of novels, interactive or otherwise. This game reminds me a lot of a novel. It's action packed enough to be a movie, but the plot is well thought out, the characters evolve throughout the story and I really felt involved with what was happening to the protagonist, which are characteristics generally associated with novels and not movies.

I would recommend this game to

I would recommend this game to anyone that wants to be involved in a story, especially to those that enjoyed other Quantic Dream titles such as Heavy Rain or Fahrenheit. I would not recommend this game to anyone that just wants to shoot bullets and kill bad guys, or is the type of player that clicks past reading all the quests. This game really wouldn't appeal to that audience.

The only critique I have of it is that the controls for Jodie are not intuitive, it is often hard to tell which direction the game wants you to press. She'll dodge left, so you press left, only to find that the game actually wanted you to press down. An easy solution to that problem is just to play the game on easy mode though, which actually gives you visual arrows to show which direction you should press.
  31. dtl
    Oct 10, 2013
    I have never before played a game like this, but it was great. It is an excellent character-driven game. (Yes, it is a game.) As such, if you don't care about the character Jodie, you really won't like the game. Luckily, Jodie is a very good character, and Ellen Page does an excellent job as her voice. I am much more interested in seeing some of her work after playing this game.

I've

I've never been a fan of quick-time events, but they work reasonably well here. I thought the action scenes were reasonably well designed, and enjoyed the actual gameplay, whether controlling Aiden or Jodie. I had enough control that I could never simply disengage from the act of controlling the game, which is one of the worries a person might reasonably have in such a game.

This is one of the two best games I've played on the PS3, along with The Last of Us, and one of the best I've ever played.
  32. Oct 9, 2013
    And again I have any problems when I play, no, when I enjoy this amazing interactive movie. It's the greatest way for spending your evening. Please, don't listen anybody and play it!)
  33. Oct 10, 2013
    A better experience than Heavy Rain. Not a typical game, If you enjoyed Heavy Rain then consider this Heavy Rain 5.0. Some people just don't get it, it is an interactive movie. I know I am enjoying it. All I am saying is that these 40-100 review scores ranges should tell you that it is "different". If you want something different try this game.
  34. Oct 11, 2013
    Excellent characters, great history, good graphics! Awesome emotions!
    All what we love in Quantic Dream.
    David Cage excelent work. Not stop on this. Do what it does best!
  35. Oct 11, 2013
    It's just outstanding. There are no words to describe how i feel playing as Jodie,I expected next Heavy Rain but I got something much better. It's a kind of game that you like it or not and I definitely like it. Thank You David Cage!
  36. Oct 15, 2013
    This is the epitome of a good game. You could tell the developers really cared about what they were putting out. The whole time I was playing this I thought, how is the PS3 even capable of rendering these amazing images? It was so stunningly beautiful and well thought out. The acting in this is superb. Whether it's Ellen Page, Willem Dafoe and even the actress who played little Jodie wasThis is the epitome of a good game. You could tell the developers really cared about what they were putting out. The whole time I was playing this I thought, how is the PS3 even capable of rendering these amazing images? It was so stunningly beautiful and well thought out. The acting in this is superb. Whether it's Ellen Page, Willem Dafoe and even the actress who played little Jodie was amazing. The perfect hybrid of a game and a cinematic. Expand
  37. Oct 10, 2013
    Games as i think it is great. I loved heavy rain and i love this game too. Voice acting is fantastic probably best grapichs on ps3 right now. Games choices really good i loved making choices in video games. Everyone who liked heavy rain should at least try this one.
  38. Oct 10, 2013
    One of the best i've ever played. After starting the game, I was not able to stop playing. Non-linearity of the story is the only drawback, but the change of time and place of action is rare, but the story itself touches from the beginning and does not let go until the end.
  39. Oct 10, 2013
    Still not done with the game but I can definitely say IGN's review was not good I usually go to them for my reviews, I play regardless what score they give a game but I like to go to them because I relate to alot of what they say...except this review. Its a beautiful game graphics wise, while the gameplay is nothing hugely innovating....to say it is lackluster is silly. Controlling bothStill not done with the game but I can definitely say IGN's review was not good I usually go to them for my reviews, I play regardless what score they give a game but I like to go to them because I relate to alot of what they say...except this review. Its a beautiful game graphics wise, while the gameplay is nothing hugely innovating....to say it is lackluster is silly. Controlling both aiden and jodie is pretty awesome and the story is outstanding. I am giving it a 9 because it is almost perfect. They could have done more with the aiden gameplay, it seems like for the most part you either flick both thumbsticks up and down, or left and right...Maybe that will change as I continue my journey but I dont think so. Besides for that...this game is flawless. Its not meant to be a gameplay changer, but it is without a doubt a cinematic changer for games. This is a movie/video game that should not be missed by anybody. 9/10 without a doubt. Expand
  40. Oct 11, 2013
    As always, quantic dream shows theirs best in this totally unique genre. Since Indigo Prophecy, I've waited so long for something similar, but nothing except Heavy Rain could relief the pain, and now, playing Beyond: Two Souls, I can declare, that this game is mind blowing.
  41. Oct 11, 2013
    Such a beautiful game both visually and story wise. If you enjoyed Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy) and Heavy Rain, then Beyond: Two Souls will blow you away. Quantic Dream never fails to deliver. I can't wait for their next masterpiece.

Amazing acting by Ellen Page and Willem Dafoe. Great supporting cast. Good to see David Gasman back in another Quantic Dream game. Kadeem Hardison did an outstanding job as Cole. One of my favorite characters. Do yourself a favor and get a copy of this game. You won't regret it.
  42. Oct 11, 2013
    Amazing graphics, gameplay, history and excellent characters. One of the best games of the year and one of the greatest games of ps3, I really do not understand the low notes that some sites are giving this game.
  43. Oct 13, 2013
    A daring epic. David Cage goes where no creative game director has ever dared to go. Beyond: Two Souls is a game unlike any other. A great game with a share of drama and a touch of mysticism
  44. Oct 14, 2013
    If you want intense and complicated gameplay or an incredibly original storyline, this game is probably not for you. But if you want to enjoy a nice, solid tale of the paranormal with all the classic (and well-loved) elements, you won’t be disappointed. The fact that the whole thing’s interactive is just a nice bonus.
    Plus: if your girlfriend never plays videogames, this is a great way to
    Plus: if your girlfriend never plays videogames, this is a great way to get her hooked
  45. Oct 15, 2013
    I think it is more of an interactive movie with really great graphic and story which i LOVED. It is so different and it really raised my standards of video games. A movie that YOU control.. so amazing
  46. Oct 16, 2013
    Being my first Quantic Dream Title and approach at QTE-like gameplay in general, I went at Beyond with little expectations considering the fact that my enormous anticipation might be crushed by simply not liking the actual minimalistic style of gameplay.
    What hit me in the end was an emotional train of awestruckness! At first I caught myself chuckling a bit at things like tilting the controller to the right for a dance scene and such, but as the game progressed I grew attached to the characters, their performances and overall meaning of it all (which is kinda important).
    People downrating this game have either expected some open-world-Action-RPG which is mildy naive considering the producing studio or were totally oblivious to any of the plenty pre-information available to this game, which makes me wonder why anyone would buy the game from the start anyway, just to complain about the high price...
    And there are the people who maybe just didn't understand the purpose David Cage wanted to portrait with this game. It rewards people who really want to immerse themselves in this world, and who can make a thought or two on their own, why certain things are possible and others not, instead of yelling "But I want to kill everyone on the screen because I'm an invincible ghost but I am not allowed to, so this game sucks! Also, I am too dumb to follow simple body movements so the controls suck, too!". There are so many small plot points you can unfortunately miss too easy which contribute to the bigger picture if you pay attention or won't rush through it mindlessly.
    Long story short: Not the most challenging gameplay wise, but totally rewarding, audiovisually (gosh I LOVE Hans Zimmer) anyway, but also entertainment wise if you give yourself a chance to do so.
    Definitely not a game for the everybody, but for me, one of the most entertaining experiences I had in almost 3 decades of gaming.
  47. Oct 17, 2013
    There are many claims to the chronology of the game line. I don't agree with them. I think it is a good method,
    and right Authors idea to narrate this way. When The game is completely finished, everything is cleared. And in addition to the above, of course: unusual, interesting idea; no one way to final, and whole decision making process in the game; graphic for the ps3 is perfect. I pleased and satisfied of this game.
  48. Nov 19, 2013
    superb game, I must say unique idea and gameplay is great, I involved in game completely and feel every emotions of game. thanks David Cage for this great efforts
  49. Oct 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Really touching storyline, great animation, however the gaming experience should be longer and more challenging. Overall, I hope there will be second part of beyond though!! Enjoyed this game really much an JOdie's life is really inspiring. She kept stay forward eventhough she is a treated like a guinea pig. Expand
  50. Oct 28, 2013
    I'll borrow from the team at GameInformer for my quick review.

Concept: Enter the life of Jodie Holmes, a girl with a strange power, and follow her throughout the scrambled memories of her life and the increasingly bizarre events surrounding them. Graphics: You'd be hard pressed to find better looking games on console. Only minor hiccups occur during facial animations, but those are
    I'll borrow from the team at GameInformer for my quick review.

Graphics: You'd be hard pressed to find better looking games on console. Only minor hiccups occur during facial animations, but those are few and far between gorgeously acted out scenes which include a nice variety of scenery to boot.

Sound: The entire cast does an amazing job, but it's Ellen Page who is really the star of the show, giving one of the best performances games have seen this generation.

Playability: This is the game's major flaw. As an interactive novel/movie, it gets the job done. It's when the game tries to incorporate action elements it begins to struggle. The poorly implemented stealth sequences and difficult to read quicktime events that hinder what is otherwise functional gameplay.

Entertainment: Quantic Dream games have been somewhat of a niche genre. If their games have scratched your itch for fun in the past, Beyond certainly delivers. While the story is occasionally convoluted and bizarre at times, it should keep you hungry for more.
  51. Oct 9, 2013
    A great send off to the PS3 such a great game the gameplay and way the story progresses may confuse you at first but once you get use to it it's a truly unique gaming experience.
  52. Oct 10, 2013
    7.4 by metacritic? Are you kidding me? This game is awesome! This is a masterpiece by David Cage! second in a row)! It is so touching and gives you more emotions then all callofduties and gtas together! It looks amazing, it keeps you involved for hours and it makes you say WOW! every 5 minutes. I don't know what person you should be to give less than 9.0 to this game. Probably a person7.4 by metacritic? Are you kidding me? This game is awesome! This is a masterpiece by David Cage! second in a row)! It is so touching and gives you more emotions then all callofduties and gtas together! It looks amazing, it keeps you involved for hours and it makes you say WOW! every 5 minutes. I don't know what person you should be to give less than 9.0 to this game. Probably a person without PS3 or some #iveplayeddemoanditsnotfun wierdos... No offence. Quantic Dream rules! Bravo mr. Cage! Expand
  53. Oct 11, 2013
    Beyond Two Souls, con el sello de David Cage,y toques de Fahrenheit, también de Heavy Rain, para mi Beyond una nueva forma de hacer aventuras gráficas! Cinematográfico y emotivo! Con captura de movimiento de Ellen Page y Willem Dafoe, 2 grandes en la industria de los videojuegos! eso si a esos que solo les gusta tirar del gatillo y tirar balas balas,balas, matar, matar, matar, búscate otroBeyond Two Souls, con el sello de David Cage,y toques de Fahrenheit, también de Heavy Rain, para mi Beyond una nueva forma de hacer aventuras gráficas! Cinematográfico y emotivo! Con captura de movimiento de Ellen Page y Willem Dafoe, 2 grandes en la industria de los videojuegos! eso si a esos que solo les gusta tirar del gatillo y tirar balas balas,balas, matar, matar, matar, búscate otro juego. Expand
  54. Oct 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Looks like one of those games that is destined to divide opinion for some time to come! Some reviewers praise the ambitions and well-realised story, while others think it's underwritten, barely coherent dross this is not a typical game like shooter, rpg or action adventure. This is a rather linear quicktime, movie kind of game. People who played heavy rain or indigo prophecy would know what to expect from it. People who buy this game knows what they are in for, mostly for the compelling story and unique take on gaming. This game is its own genre like other quantic dreams' games. this genre has its own style and appeal. & for a type of game like this, I think it outdone itself again and did a great job. I find reviewers who give this a low score expecting it to be played more like another conventional shooter, action adventure Expand
  55. Oct 11, 2013
    One of the most brilliant stories. I love the feel of the game and how it feels like your living inside a movie or life of someone undergoing the situations potrayed in the game. Love it!!
  56. Oct 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Really Nice Game!!!!!!Awesome graphics,excellent music,and great acting by Allen Page.This game is fantastic! Best cinematic game ever,It's just like watching a movie Expand
  57. Oct 9, 2013
    Awesome game, the people who rated this game poorly are narrow minded. Not all games have to be shooting and killing all the time. Beyond has great graphics & an awesome story. The controls are good & work well for the game play style. Well worth playing, very good game.
  58. Oct 9, 2013
    If you're slightly interested in this game, go for it. It's a masterpiece, and like a groundbreaking work, it has to fight through conventional wisdom to get to the right audience. "Beyond" will be around for years. Don't wait. (Played through it in two long sessions, but would go back again for different choices and bonus items.)
  59. Oct 20, 2013
    Excellent game for players who are able to appreciate something more than Call of Duty... For those who like Heavy Rain, more than recommended., if there is something mediocre, it is the average
  60. Oct 19, 2013
    This game was an amazing experience for me, and if it weren't for The Last of Us I would have easily chosen this game as Game of the Year. This is without a doubt the best looking game on the PS3, nothing comes close. In terms of gameplay I would give the nodge to The Last of Us, but in terms of cinematics I would give it to Beyond: Two Souls. In terms of story I would give it to theThis game was an amazing experience for me, and if it weren't for The Last of Us I would have easily chosen this game as Game of the Year. This is without a doubt the best looking game on the PS3, nothing comes close. In terms of gameplay I would give the nodge to The Last of Us, but in terms of cinematics I would give it to Beyond: Two Souls. In terms of story I would give it to the Last of Us but it's very close. In terms of soundtracks Beyond: Two Souls wins this easily. Expand
  61. Oct 20, 2013
    Best game I have seen in a long time. Beautiful graphics, realistic character animations, gripping story line.

I stayed up all night and went through the entire game, and then I went out and bought another two copies for my friends, because that is how good this is. I want everyone to experience this, because this is what a good game is.
  62. Oct 16, 2013
    Beyond two souls review: this game is for people like me who think story is one of the most important things for a game to be entertaining. It's kind of like a quick time event story with Jodie while you almost have full control of Aiden. The story is so engaging and the emotions throughout the game are sensational. As far as genre goes it is really the whole package, it ranges fromBeyond two souls review: this game is for people like me who think story is one of the most important things for a game to be entertaining. It's kind of like a quick time event story with Jodie while you almost have full control of Aiden. The story is so engaging and the emotions throughout the game are sensational. As far as genre goes it is really the whole package, it ranges from explosive action scenes to surprisingly creepy scenes. However the type of game it is is definitely not for everyone, including myself since I usually play more action oriented games so if I was giving it a score based on my style of games I would give it about an 8 but I know better then to give a review on a game just because I have a different opinion on games so for what it is it definitely deserves a 10. The only negative is that the controls for Aiden are a little hard to control sometimes and take some time to get used to. All around a 10 out of 10! Expand
  63. Oct 14, 2013
    After reading all the bad reviews I did not know what to expect. I even created an account on here just so I can give it a user review as this game deserves a hell of a lot more than what reviewers are giving it. It is such a good game. The story is very good and there is a good chunk of gameplay in there despite what critics have said. At times it can be linear but is well worth theAfter reading all the bad reviews I did not know what to expect. I even created an account on here just so I can give it a user review as this game deserves a hell of a lot more than what reviewers are giving it. It is such a good game. The story is very good and there is a good chunk of gameplay in there despite what critics have said. At times it can be linear but is well worth the purchase to experience this amazing game. The story is like no other game and had me for the first time generally feeling sad in a video game, the fact that you can make choices and play through the game enables it to pull you in further than a movie ever could. BUY IT! Expand
  64. Oct 14, 2013
    Proof of a twisted media. While Call of Duty 10 will get rave reviews for its ingenuity of adding ten more maps and a "vault", this beautiful game gets slandered for not being interactive enough.

Time was, a game was compared to its kin; you don't assault CoD for a lack of narrative and having too few cut scenes. When a gamer wants to experience a story, they choose a title that does so.

While not without some minor flaws (I struggled with the camera on a few occasions), I found this tale to be a heartfelt one. Characters develop well, and there are some unforgettable moments. Don't pass this gem up; listen to the fans, not the bought out mainstream gaming media.
  65. Oct 15, 2013
    Beyond: two souls should be played. if you enjoy nonlinear story telling this playstation exclusive should be right up your alley. this is another excellent game Quantic Dream has put out. you wont be disappointed in any way. play it!
  66. Oct 15, 2013
    This amazing game, I don't know why this game received many bad valuation, because I think this game is best game in this year. 10/10
    Thanks David Cage))
  67. Oct 11, 2013
    The story is utterly beautiful that made me tear up several times. Page and Dafoe are incredible. This game is a masterpiece. The gameplay isn't for everyone and I don't fault anyone for not liking it. I completely fell in love with it. A little into the summer i said that unless Beyond completely blows me away then The Last of Us is gonna be my Game of the Year. Well guess what? BeyondThe story is utterly beautiful that made me tear up several times. Page and Dafoe are incredible. This game is a masterpiece. The gameplay isn't for everyone and I don't fault anyone for not liking it. I completely fell in love with it. A little into the summer i said that unless Beyond completely blows me away then The Last of Us is gonna be my Game of the Year. Well guess what? Beyond totally and utterly blew me away. Only complaint I have is the story would have been better in chronological order. Expand
  68. Oct 9, 2013
    Well, this is a game, this is not a movie, this is a 50/50 game. Half game half movue and this is great, if you like Heavy Rain and The Walking Dead you will like this too, I'm sure. @gamesreflexoes
  69. Oct 10, 2013
    Beyond is actually the first game which I finished in only one day. Not because it was too short, but because I simply could not stop playing it... I couldn't resist the urge to know what lies "beyond"!
    What Quantic Dream, especially of course David Cage and Ellen Page, achieved with the PS3 is simply amazing and breathtaking. Beyond takes the medium "Game" finally to the point, where we can say, that games can be considered a intellectual art form to which we should pay the same amount of respect then to good movies and books...
    If you appreciate movies like Donnie Darko, The Fountain, Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind or 2001: Odyssey in space, you will LOVE Beyond, because it is the best possible combination of these 4! Pure Poetry and Perfection, Biggest Respect and THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to everyone who made this possible!
  70. Oct 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If you're looking for something different, Beyond: Two Souls is that. Anyone who played Heavy Rain should know what kind of game to expect from Quantic Dream, and if that's your kind of thing, then Beyond is worth looking at.

Visually, Beyond stuns in almost every way. The motion capture and facial expressions blow me away at every turn, and helped to pull me into dramatic scenes. The painful expressions on Ellen Page's face captivated me during Jodie's trials and tribulations, grabbing hold of me and never really letting go until the end, when I put my control down and just said "wow." I did notice that the animation of objects in the world suffered, in comparison to the mocap of the actors, though it didn't happen often, it was enough to make me raise a brow to the archaic-looking animation, which was in the same frame as the rest of this beautiful game.

The gameplay for Beyond is varied and, at times, unclear. Going from Jodie as a child to her as a young CIA operative present very different aspects of the same game, which don't always work. As a CIA operative, you can use Aiden to scout out the path in front of you, an occasionally deal with a pesky guard. What is odd, however, is how the game lets you kill/possess certain enemies with the entity, and others you can do nothing about. There is no indication as to why this it, but it just is. The scenarios are easy to figure out (possess X, shoot Y and Z and then X), but it's frustrating that why you can't possess anyone is never explained. The sneak mechanics are also odd, giving you the choice to leap over a concrete road block, but not a broken wall of the same height. Outside of those missions, the controls and mechanics of the game all work brilliantly, from using Aiden to eavesdrop on conversations or to mimic the emotions of Jodie through destruction.

The story for Beyond is, at first, confusing. Until the last 20% of the game, the story line jumps from Jodie's childhood to her as a young woman, with the only constant being her relationship with Aiden. This chaotic approach doesn't make much sense until the last few scenes of the game, but I promise you, it will all come together if you have the patience to see this game through.
    The story is filled with powerful, heart-wrenching moments. I was reduced to tears on three different occasions in the game, and there are many moments that will pull on your heartstrings as you watch the highs and lows of Jodie's life play out on the screen.

I picked the game up at the same time as a friend yesterday, and when I asked him during the evening where he was, we were both at the same part if the game, but with very varied story lines. His Jodie was aloof and cold to the world, while mine put her trust in the people that looked after her. This lead to each of us having a different experience with her character and the game in general, and this is something that I'm looking forward to on my next playthrough.

Overall, Beyond: Two Souls is an ambitious and unique project with a confusing storyline until the end of the game. For those who are interested in taking a step outside the norm for a video game, you can be treated to a delightful, story-driven experience, with powerful performances by Ellen Page and Willem Dafoe. Beyond isn't for everyone, but for anyone who plays more than Call of Duty and Madden, this game is worth taking a look at.
  71. Oct 12, 2013
    This game, which is very much a interactive movie have extremely nice moments in the story as well as heart racing action, its no heavy rain but its still good. Graphics and sound are stunning and ellan page is great. Sadley its done in a bad order instead of a normal timeline making the story feel broken. Its give you three choices NICE, being a complete troll by trolling all the livingThis game, which is very much a interactive movie have extremely nice moments in the story as well as heart racing action, its no heavy rain but its still good. Graphics and sound are stunning and ellan page is great. Sadley its done in a bad order instead of a normal timeline making the story feel broken. Its give you three choices NICE, being a complete troll by trolling all the living characters into fear or darn evil and start killing everything that moves. This gives it replay value, im playing nice/ trolling iden the first time jody being a good girl, next time ill play evil iden and dirty jodie. Its not a runner for any awards cage screwed up here, it could of been alot better and its his creative responsibility. Expand
  72. Oct 11, 2013
    The best game of this genre, the action is small, but the estimate is obvious solid 10. What is most liked so it protaganicheskoe management (or in other words, "only forward or damn, I forgot something," Just like the genre, the right choice. I look forward to similar games, just from the developers. Just waiting for the continuation, personal life adventure travel.
  73. Oct 13, 2013
    wesome game Great story, graphics and gameplay. This game is the best. David Cage is a genius. You should buy this game with your money because it is game of the year and David Cage is a genius. David Cage you genius.
  74. Oct 13, 2013
    This game is spectacular in many ways. The graphics are amazing, the gameplay is awesome, especially as Aiden and Ellen Page and Willem Dafoe did a astounding job in this game with the performance capture and voice acting. The story is well-written and intense and caught me off guard several times. There may be parts that are boring to some people but for others that's just part of theThis game is spectacular in many ways. The graphics are amazing, the gameplay is awesome, especially as Aiden and Ellen Page and Willem Dafoe did a astounding job in this game with the performance capture and voice acting. The story is well-written and intense and caught me off guard several times. There may be parts that are boring to some people but for others that's just part of the experience. Quantic Dream did a great job with this game and I'm eagerly looking forward to the next game from this company Expand
  75. Oct 9, 2013
    Amazing graphics.
    Interesting experiences.
    Awesome musics.
    Natural character animation,voice acting.
    This game was so exciting that I lost track of time.
  76. Oct 8, 2013
    This game is what makes Sony great. Nobody thought throwing paint on walls could be an enjoyable game or riding on the wind as a flower, but Sony made it happen. My hat is off to Mr. Cage for making such an emotional experience that had me right at the start! Really love the fighting game mechanics as well since they are all focused on motion. Can't wait to finish the game!
  77. Oct 9, 2013
    Outstanding,amazing gameplay,extremely amazing story,Great ending,this is the perfect game.If you liked heavy rain you will love this it is a 100x better.Another outstanding game quantic dream well done.Also very emotionally gripping I felt I was in the story and you love or hate each character,you choose your path you create the story.
  78. Oct 8, 2013
    amazing story, amazing game and amazing graphics and detials
    one of the best games i ever played this year and it's a huge leap over heavy rain

,not for everyone though
  79. Oct 8, 2013
    These are two words which can describe this game
    Beautiful
    Strange

I do not listen to those who say that this game is very bad or great to judge that you must to experience this game

And for me score of this game is 10/10
  80. Oct 9, 2013
    There's no other way than playing the game HIMSELF to judge its quality. The game is fantastic, it's an interactive story BUT contains excellent game-play parts, especially when controlling Aiden through walls, spying the surrounding environment and defending Jodie by killing her pursuers. A great game from an innovative French studio.
  81. Oct 13, 2013
    Overall a solid game. Lacks a little in the gameplay but because of it's amazing plot I can overlook that. Ellen Page's performance is mesmerising and I found myself playing for a good 4 hours strange without looking anywhere else but at the screen.
    Many reviewers have criticised the game's story telling as they found it, 'inconsistent.' At first I would have agreed with them but actually placing the scenes in chronological order yourself helps and actually clears many things up. This game can not and should not be compared to games like Assassin's creed, COD etc. This game is more of a narrative game rather than gameplay based.
    A must own in my opinion.
  82. Oct 11, 2013
    Beyond: Two Souls is perfect. It has a mixture of every genre (military action, horror, fantasy, drama, sci-fi). Not sure what more you could want. The story is so gripping that even if my controller was turned off the whole time I wouldn't have minded. It affected me on an emotional level that I haven't really experienced in a game before, there are times when you have to make choices andBeyond: Two Souls is perfect. It has a mixture of every genre (military action, horror, fantasy, drama, sci-fi). Not sure what more you could want. The story is so gripping that even if my controller was turned off the whole time I wouldn't have minded. It affected me on an emotional level that I haven't really experienced in a game before, there are times when you have to make choices and it truly kills you to do so because each and every character is so relate-able and the dialogue is flawlessly written. This game has been truly robbed of the status is deserved by the critics, after playing it, what I'm reading is nothing but an absolute abomination.
    Amazing work Quantic Dream, ignore the bad reviews and keep making incredible games, your originality and spectacular attention to detail is beyond what most developers neglect to do successfully these days.
  83. Oct 15, 2013
    Very emotional game. I have a best experience with interractive movie with my friends. Estimates stupid and listen to the opinions of others, instead of his an idiotic action.
  84. Oct 11, 2013
    Great game. Wonderfully unique experience. I hope some of the mixed reviews do not mess up the chances of them making more games. You can nit pick certain aspects of the game. Like consistency in the story, but they made something special here
  85. Oct 14, 2013
    A beautiful cinematic game. It plays like a movie and is amazing at its delicate hands. If cinematic movies or very styled graphics get you playing, by 5 hours you'd have been finished
  86. Oct 20, 2013
    okay as a veteran game player of all systems and a extreme veteran of the ps3. I can honestly say without a doubt that Beyond: Two Souls is my favorite ps3 games of all time. And i can give you a few reasons why. WARNING: I have not played Heavy Rain which is apparently better but just hear me out. Ok lets start with one of my favorite featurs of the game. The somewhat funny entity Aiden.okay as a veteran game player of all systems and a extreme veteran of the ps3. I can honestly say without a doubt that Beyond: Two Souls is my favorite ps3 games of all time. And i can give you a few reasons why. WARNING: I have not played Heavy Rain which is apparently better but just hear me out. Ok lets start with one of my favorite featurs of the game. The somewhat funny entity Aiden. He is Conected to our protaganist. He is mostly used in situations of dire need from our main character. And although he is just a entity that NEVER talks in the game. You can tell he has emotion. In many cases in this game he gets angry from the people around him. He also gets mad when people mess with Our Protaganist Jodie. Now Lets get onto the next subject which is Jodie herself. She plays alot like the characters from The Walking Dead games. she can interact with her enviroment in ways that could change the game. She has alot of emotion and you can hear it in the voice actresses voice. Ok now lets get into gameplay. The game itself plays alot like a typical TellTale Games adventure game.(press this button to pick up this etc.) But with a twist of adding combat into the mix. It freshens up the style of a adventure game but retains the adventure games great features. One of the great things about the combat is real simple and not over complicated. It doesnt make you fell pressured like in rpgs. Ok now lets move into the story. This has been the main complaint of the game. The fact that you play the story jumbled up into different parts is confusing to some and great to people like me. It also freshens up the regular adventure game elements leving you to figure out what order things happen in. But if you do not like that there is also a timeline to help you. The story missions vary from five minutes, to what seems like 2 hours. Also the story makes you feel attatched to all the characters and you feel the emotions they do. If Jodie is scared your scared to. Ok lets move into the graphics. And they are nothing shorter then the best damn graphics I have ever seen. For a game on the slowly dying ps3 it looks better then most ps4 games announced. You can see every detail on every character. It makes the game so much better. Overall Beyond Two Souls is the best PS3 game i have ever played with beautiful graphics. a gripping story. and freshened up adventure game style gameplay with new combat style. Which is why i give it a ten out of ten. Go out and buy this game if you havent already Expand
  87. Oct 17, 2013
    Amazing acting, beautiful graphics immersed me for the entire game, however I would've liked a better way to tell the story, and it may have been a bit better if the game wasn't as passive as it is, but it's great nontheless.
  88. Oct 14, 2013
    By the makers if Heavy Rain, French developers Quantic Dream are at it again with another emotionally intense, action packed video game with great actors and an even better story line. Beyond follows the life of Jodie Holmes throughout fifteen years of her life, giving you the ability to dictate how it all plays out by allowing you to make important decisions in her life. Within theBy the makers if Heavy Rain, French developers Quantic Dream are at it again with another emotionally intense, action packed video game with great actors and an even better story line. Beyond follows the life of Jodie Holmes throughout fifteen years of her life, giving you the ability to dictate how it all plays out by allowing you to make important decisions in her life. Within the twenty-two different possible endings, I'm quite satisfied with the one I got, and trust me when I say that when you start playing, you won't want to stop. With a game that keeps you on the edge of your seat in suspense, there of course are flaws, but few. For starters, there isn't a whole lot of gameplay itself, but then again, David Cage's games aren't like that. They're story and decision based, so a game like this was expected. The other would be the predictability at some parts of the story, but it's an enjoyable predictability if I do say so myself. The last flaw can be taken as either a flaw or perfection; the inability to fail. When you make a mistake much like Heavy Rain, the story continues around that mistake, overall affecting your ending of the game. This however is a good way to keep you on your feet in places like Somalia when you're on a mission to take down a world leader. All in all, David Cage has evolved in story-telling and game experience, making this his best game to date. I will definitely be looking forward to future development of games and would recommend this game to everyone. Except COD players. I recommend crap to them. Expand
  89. Oct 14, 2013
    Special, amazing journey! Excellent characters! Fantastic graphics! Great story and gameplay! I love Ellen Page Surplus impossible game! Experience! THANK QUANTIC DREAM!
  90. Oct 17, 2013
    This is really amazing game. Starting form technical side Quantic Dream brought to us next-gen game, on current-gen console. Graphics, physics and particle effects are amazing and all this things in stable 30 FPS. Magnificent. Gameplay is also great, but for me the fight sequences are not as natural in controling as they should be(but still they, are really good), also using Aiden isThis is really amazing game. Starting form technical side Quantic Dream brought to us next-gen game, on current-gen console. Graphics, physics and particle effects are amazing and all this things in stable 30 FPS. Magnificent. Gameplay is also great, but for me the fight sequences are not as natural in controling as they should be(but still they, are really good), also using Aiden is really nice.
    And here we came to story, by cutting it into parts and show us them as not chronologically it should be, only maked this game better. It makes us more interested into some plots than it normally would does.
    Only scratch on this game is that mostly our choices really don't make a difference in story going on but still story is great, and it leaves a lot of space for sequel, hopefully on PS4(maybe PS5 expierence on PS4, just as PS4 expierence on PS3 via this game ).
    I want to say THANK YOU to all people involved in process of making this great game! Once again THANK YOU!
  91. Oct 20, 2013
    The animation quality in this game is astounding and it kept that level of quality through the entire game. It also used the hardware it was given to its best extent and even with the PS3 the graphics looked impressive. The concept of the story is interesting and the performance of the people like Ellen Page and Willem Dafoe makes it memorable.

The game got weaknesses like any other

The game got weaknesses like any other game and in this case the gameplay could sometimes feel lackluster and i found myself throughout the game wishing that i could have some input on the otherwise great dialogue. The game sometimes forgot that the player is important and went its own way but it did always return to give some agency to the player
  92. Oct 11, 2013
    Amazing! Just simply amazing! This game is amazing from start to finish with only a couple of bumps in the road. Quantic Dream has done it again and brought fourth a revolutionary game.
  93. Nov 11, 2013
    The game has a wonderful main character. Ellen Page has done an amazing job portraying a rather clichéd stereotype as something profoundly unique. Sadly, with a few exceptions, a lot of the other characters are being left flat. As players, we get to follow Jodie's story through achronological parts. In her case, it is not a problem we get to know here anyway, and puzzle the storyThe game has a wonderful main character. Ellen Page has done an amazing job portraying a rather clichéd stereotype as something profoundly unique. Sadly, with a few exceptions, a lot of the other characters are being left flat. As players, we get to follow Jodie's story through achronological parts. In her case, it is not a problem we get to know here anyway, and puzzle the story together ourselves. It is a great trick that keeps us wondering, and might even fill us with glee when we get to go back to a part we earlier enjoyed. However, we also get a very jumbled grasp on supporting characters, which leaves them flat and uninteresting.

The idea of Aiden is a great one. I had hoped that the harder difficulty would let one figure out by oneself how to solve the missions, but sadly Aiden can only solve the mission in one way. You cannot choose whether to strangle a guard or distract him there is only one possible action. This draws away some immersion, but is overall understandable. It is quite clear that Quantic Dream wants to tell a story not let us create one. They allow us to change fluff but not any actual consequences. And while they let us change what the main character does they do not let us change what the main character thinks. If you do not want to play through the romance option available, you do not have too but Jodie will still have feelings.

The controls are overall good, but to an unexperienced gamer, whom might like Heavy Rain or the Walking Dead episodes, the controls as Aiden can be disorienting and extremely difficult. I must admit even I got disoriented a few times. The fighting controls are awesome I love the idea, as I loved it's implementation in Uncharted: Golden Abyss on the Vita however, they are quite counterintuitive. The action you must perform is based on the cameras position, not your characters, and the prompts are often hard to see. Quite a few time I have been convinced I should dodge, just to find out the game wanted a block, and vice versa.

The graphics, animations and music especially the cover of Beck's Lost Cause are amazing and leaves nothing to be desired.

Overall, the game has it's flaws. I would still without hesitation recommended Beyond: Two Souls to anyone that is looking for a game with a likeable character, an emotional story and an experience.
  94. Oct 13, 2013
    Beyond: Two Souls is genuinely an unforgettable experience in turns of telling a beautifully crafted story and an emotionally intrigued gameplay interaction with both Jodie and Aiden. The variety of choices you engage through the journey really brings the characters and environments to life, and Quantic Dream did a phenomenal job in leading my senses connected with these choices throughoutBeyond: Two Souls is genuinely an unforgettable experience in turns of telling a beautifully crafted story and an emotionally intrigued gameplay interaction with both Jodie and Aiden. The variety of choices you engage through the journey really brings the characters and environments to life, and Quantic Dream did a phenomenal job in leading my senses connected with these choices throughout the entire game from start to finish! I just cannot recommend this game enough to anyone who's looking for a unique gaming experience, not the usual triple A title you often see or hear from media or game critiques alike. I also really look forward to the next IP the team will be bring to us for the PS4. Thank you again for making such a great game along with Heavy Rain and Indigo Prophecy. Expand
  95. Oct 10, 2013
    Words can't describe how amazing this game is. If you ever played heavy rain or the walking dead by telltale and you enjoyed how the gameplay was then go where ever you buy your games and go pick this baby up you wont regret it.
  96. Oct 21, 2013
    I get why this game has such mixed reviews. It's definitely not for everyone. I had finished the story of GTA5 and rolled right into Beyond the following day. Most people would compare the two and call Beyond a piece of crap. It's like talking about Forrest Gump and having someone ask you if it's as good as Grandma's Boy. They're two totally different films. I keep seeing reviews whereI get why this game has such mixed reviews. It's definitely not for everyone. I had finished the story of GTA5 and rolled right into Beyond the following day. Most people would compare the two and call Beyond a piece of crap. It's like talking about Forrest Gump and having someone ask you if it's as good as Grandma's Boy. They're two totally different films. I keep seeing reviews where people are saying "just play GTA5." They are two completely different games. If you enjoyed Heavy Rain or Asura's Wrath, you'll love Beyond. If you own ten games and they all being with COD, then look elsewhere. And if you're like me, a 28-year-old gamer that's constantly looking for a new experience, than at least give it a shot. I really think there's a lot of fun to be had with this game. Ellen Page is Jodi and her entity is Aiden. YOU, the gamer, are basically Aiden. Getting to play as a benevolent entity is a blast. You can really mess with NPCs. Aiden is very protective of Jodi and that's just one of the many characteristics that mirror how you're feeling while playing. You see Jodi get picked on by a neighborhood kid so you choke the little punk. You sometimes forget that it's just a game. David Cage always said his main objective in gaming was to evoke the players emotions unlike any other game. Sure you are happy when you beat a game or pissed when you die, but what about everything in between. Beyond is one of those "in-between" games. I've played similar games. I'm not saying it's revolutionary, but it's pushing games into unknown territory. I personally loved it. Expand
  97. Oct 9, 2013
    An absolute masterpiece. The best looking console game (graphically) to date, top notch acting, writing, cinematography and music.

So many complaints that "this is not a game," I actually love that it strays so far from generic and traditional game play. Its not as if there is a shortage of other games out there....For me it was an engrossing, breathtaking twelve hour cinematic experience. I don't care if you call it a movie, a game or an interactive visual novel. I loved it every bit as much and in a completely different manner than I did The Last of Us, GTA V and Bioshock Infinite, which were my other favorite games this year.

One criticism that I hesitate to acknowledge is that this game could have been watched on YouTube for free, so it was a waste of $60. That is a valid point, but that does not take away from the game, it simply points our a major benefit of YouTube for cheap gamers. Though on YouTube you would lose out on the decision making, which kept me intrigued to learn how the consequences of my actions played out.

Loved the game, it was a unique experience on par with and even exceeding at times Quantic Dream's previous works. Give it a try, there is no reason to hate something because it is different.
  98. Oct 10, 2013
    PROS Great game flow, even if you make a couple of mistakes, it will allow you to continue with the story. I found that you had to perform the sequences perfectly in "Heavy Rain" which got frustrating at times and affected the pace/feel of the game.
    Great Graphics and the performances being done by actors made the game more rich and intense.
    Even a great game for someone to spectate,
    Even a great game for someone to spectate, and discuss with. (IE my wife)

Cons At times, very confusing and frustrating camera controls you want to look around the world, but you cannot at times.

Overall, it was a very good experience, and I look forward to trying different scenarios to see how the game will adapt to decision making.
  99. Oct 10, 2013
    Awesome graphics, beautiful gameplay, maybe a interactive novel, excellent characters great history you can felt joy, suffer and felt scary with the protagonist,
    good work for Quantic dream
  100. Oct 11, 2013
    Complete the story before making judgement. This game will be one of the most alienating games ever, you'll either love it or hate it personally I enjoyed it. There's a lot of confusion with the jumping timeline and you won't really understand what's going on for too much of the game, but that "Aha!" when you complete it and everything makes sense really makes it mark. Like Heavy RainComplete the story before making judgement. This game will be one of the most alienating games ever, you'll either love it or hate it personally I enjoyed it. There's a lot of confusion with the jumping timeline and you won't really understand what's going on for too much of the game, but that "Aha!" when you complete it and everything makes sense really makes it mark. Like Heavy Rain there are many endings you can find, the graphics/facial movements are top notch and the story (once it all comes together) really effects you. The gameplay is a bit over simplified and there are some quirks when controlling Aiden, but overall its definitely worth a try. Expand

1. Hyper Magazine
    Dec 28, 2013
    There doesn't ever seem to be any real impact of the player's decisions, actions or failures. [Jan 2014, p.76]
  2. Dec 12, 2013
    Beyond: Two Souls is a capital failure as both a story and as a game. The adventure plays itself and the player is left to push the right buttons in the right order. The story you are rewarded with is a mess of odd writing and poor directing choices from a game creator that obviously wants to create great art but seems to be incapable of doing so. Even fans of Fahrenheit and Heavy Rain should prepare for what is unfortunately a monumental disappointment.
  3. Nov 24, 2013
    A story every Playstation owner should experience.