• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Oct 8, 2013
8.1

1. Oct 29, 2013
    awesome game i felt so connected to the story and great graphics cant wait to see what next gen has in store. controls and camera angels were a bit awkward at some times but other than that 10/10
  2. Nov 7, 2013
    Best story-telling ever seen in a Video game, Graphics are excellent and you feel every moment with Jodie Holmes.
    It's not only a movie, as i thought on the beginning, there are many moments in which you choose decisions which aren't that good, but the feeling to protect Jodie is just bigger.
    Awesome Game, must play title of 2013
  3. Nov 5, 2013
    is certainly in my opinion the best game of the century, in my opinion is better than gta and all others, I think Quantic Dream did a great job with a game like this so spectacular with perfect gameplay and graphics, a story perfect with otimos movements personagem.Enfim, took first place in my top 5
  4. Jan 8, 2014
    So Beyond Two Souls, my most recently completed game. Its a story about Jodie Holmes (played by Ellen Page), a girl who is linked to Aiden, an entity/spirit since the day she was born and how it affect her lives.

I went into the game with a range of thoughts from good to below average. And boy, my doubts were completely washed away from the moment I sat through the openings. One thing
    to take note though, this is more of an interactive drama than the average video game with guns and explosion, so with that aside, here are my thoughts.

Needless to say, games from QuanticDreams always has the best graphics on PS3, it is very cinematic so there is no 16:9 ratio but instead a letterbox resolution you typically saw in a movie. Gameplays are simple yet effective to progress through the story, you walk with the left stick as usual and push the right stick to the direction Jodie is moving when in combat. Aside from her, you can also switch in and out of Aiden most of the game and use it to solve majority of the puzzles. I have no issues with it but I can see why some people won't like it.

Unlike most story driven games, this plays non chronologically which means you jump in and out of the important events on her 15 year timeline, you will play her as a kid in a chapter then the next she might be in a desert hunting for terrorists warlord, this is very interesting to say the least, it lets you piece the puzzles together yourselves this way and I think its very smart, kudos to the devs. One negative about that is that since the story makes you choose your own decision in some sections, the consequences does not last as long as we want it to be like in The Walking Dead, another great game if I might add.

Character development is fantastic, you can really relate to them and actually give a damn about them in clutch moments. All of this is done by the stellar performances the actors put out, if you watch the first Spiderman trilogy, you might recognise Willem Dafoe, who plays Nathan Dawkins in this game, a fatherly researcher who takes cares of Jodie since she was a kid to find out and understand more about phenomena such as Aiden.

I can't say much about the stories without spoiling it but do expect some twists and some gut wrenching moments. Alright, lets close it up since its already 4am for me. The game has one of the most realistic facial capture, innovative gameplay, stellar performances, great executions on high emotional peaks, goosebumps inducing soundtrack and a F*CK TON of efforts put into this.

A great pick up for a change of pace if you ask me, I will recommend this to anyone who enjoyed Heavy Rain which is another notable title brought to you from the very same team. Thank you for reading my little review and I hope you enjoyed it.
  5. Nov 16, 2013
    An amazing game, really plays a lot with your emotion from start to the end a wonderful soundtrack that fits a beautiful story QD you did it again a great masterpiece not for the average gamer.
  6. Nov 19, 2013
    Coming from an Xbox 360 i have had for the past five years i have decided to get a ps3 and the first game i buy (beyond two soul) is the best game i have ever played with stunning graphics and wonderful story is by far the best
  7. Nov 21, 2013
    The unique thing we lack in their lives. What is unique for all was Heavy Rain, the same expected from Beyond: Two Souls. The same as from the dark detective about the harsh everyday life of crime. And it's a fantastic story about the spirit world. Just a way to control the environment like Heavy rain, even though more than Fahrenheit. We have a fully interactive interesting story behind which is not a sin to sit on the weekend with a good company, and everyone will be interested to know what would have happened if he went for another verge? Expand
  8. Nov 21, 2013
    Good game and amazing graphics, but I was a bit taken aback by Jodie's weak and frailty even though she was trained by the C.I.A- she shouldn't be so damned sissy like. All in all, great game.
  9. Nov 22, 2013
    Word of warning Some minor spoilers can be found through the review. Sorry for the length of this text, but this game deserves that I put all my feelings here (let's hope it fits). Intro I enjoyed the game so much that for the first time since 2006 I felt like I had to share my thoughts. For that I actually created an account here on Metacritic. Let's do this! Graphics Ok... To Hell! I'll write exactly how I feel. There is no other way than saying this! Holy Blast! OMG! That's gorgeous, my PS3 almost melted (I'm still with the fat one, since '06 :D what a machine). The mocap is really smooth and detailed, the actors outstanding. That was quite a performance there.

Music
    I'm still listening to the score, it IS that awesome! Maybe even better than Heavy Rain's because I feel like it's more diverse. It truly has a movie feel and I won't forget it unlike almost every other game soundtracks. I knew Hans Zimmer for a lot of movie tracks, but I'll definitively add Mr. Lorne Balfe to the names to remember.

Gameplay
    One of the most important aspect of a game with his story. To those who argue it isn't a game, well it is close to an interactive movie, but you still can move freely. Few examples are The Condenser (totally felt like in Resident Evil for the mood), The Mission, Homeless, etc. I know it's not GTA V or Skyrim that are open worlds, but come on, don't tell me that game were more opened than Beyond back in the days of old Nintendo (yeah like Mario Bros., good old one-way side-scrolling. Still everyone calls it a game).

Story
    The story! Well, I don't dig paranormal activities... but for once, I did! I got sucked in so hard, that I did the game almost in one sitting (almost in fact because I started it around 11 pm and stopped at 4 in the morning to finally complete it after 5h of sleep :D). Yes, some part are a bit cliché, but let's be honest, look at how many zombie games there is... Seriously can you tell me that every single one of them is completely unique and not even a bit cliché?! I doubt it, I've done quite a few and I'm starting to think that the only way a zombie outbreak can occur is because of a virus... That said, I really like the way the story is split in chapters and that they are not played in order. It leaves you with only the timeline and title to try to figure out what happened, making you want to know more (after all when looking at memories, it's never really in order or maybe it's just me...).

Feelings
    My feelings about the game now... It was a roller coaster (not like Heavy Rain that I felt was a one way ticket to get depressed, always getting darker and sad)! Fear of the unknown, hate, stress, love, joy sometimes (snowball fight totally aimboted those kids!).

Just a quick comparison, Minor BF4 Spoiler in Battlefield 4 (near the beginning) you have to cut a leg. It happened so quickly that I don't know why but I didn't really realize what I did. I wasn't in the mood. I cut it quickly then moved on. But in Beyond, you think before doing something and not all choices are easy! So with all that, I really connected with the game and for the first time (I've been playing video games since '93 and a lot of them), I had to fight tears back and for that I applaud you Quantic Dream (There was tough moments in Heavy Rain but the constant change of character sometimes killed my immersion. I was a father looking for his missing son, I didn't care about the agent dude).

In conclusion, yes some parts were a bit predictable (actually for the past few years it has been the same for almost every movie I watched or game I played, except for The Stanley Parable. So I didn't really bother) but I didn't see all of it coming towards the end, I guess I was too focused on what was happening to Jodie in every chapter.

What began with a little sneak peek of a game walkthrough (that I hadn't heard of), turned into an incredible journey filled with such emotions.

I hope that Mr. David Cage won't change a thing about the way he presents us his stories. I definitively need more of that kind of game.

On a side note :
    Oh and by the way for those who think Beyond is only a movie and wonder why paying $60 when you can see the playthrough on youtube? Well I beat the game, went on youtube to see the rest of the walkthrough that made me discover the game and some other. It was interesting to see other people choices. But! It was very frustrating to know that they were missing something in some part of the game and to discover that me too I had miss some. So that's why it was worth. I was worth to live the experience, to actually make my own choices and to accept the ending that was based on what I did with a lot of small details and variations from others!

Thank you for your time, I once again apologize for the length of it, but I needed to let it all out, because this game, in my opinion, deserves it.
  10. Nov 24, 2013
    Having finished this game I can say it's worth playing. For some reason this game felt as if Metal Gear Solid 4 met Heavy Rain and Alan Wake. David Cage's games are for those who like to get deeply involved with the story line and don't mind some futuristic themes being interleaved with present day settings. For those who have played QuanticDream's older games you'll feel right at home.
  11. Nov 25, 2013
    Beyond Two Souls was originally meant to be a movie. So naturally YOU don't have much control. But if I had review it as a movie, I would give it 10/10. If you are going into this game thinking you are going to be 'good' at it, then this game is probably not the game for you, seeing as it is basically interactive cutscenes.

Verdict: This is an amazing game and a must play. But I would
    say it is an experience rather than a game. Expand
  12. Nov 26, 2013
    Although the game can be finished in a few days or less, I loved it! its dynamic, its different, its more like playing a movie. It may not be the technical experience some gamers are looking for, but it is engrossing and one can become emotionally connected with the main character who is the real Ellen Page well not the real Ellen Page but... you know what I mean. Its a roller coaster ride of a game that could be played over and over and be just as enjoyable the tenth time through. Expand
  13. Nov 27, 2013
    What a beautiful looking game!

But looks aren't everything and well, the story line is awesome! you do begin to care for Jody and the game does bring you out with emotions.

Gameplay is good, character movement a bit iffy in some places but the quick time events are engaging and you have a short time to think about actions.

If you enjoyed Heavy Rain you'll love this!
  14. Dec 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great graphics and game play are featured in this character driven game. The main protagonist, Jodie Holmes always knew she was different and it is up to you to help steer her through missions, life or death decisions, and, well, basically, trying to save the world as we know it.

Game play comes in two modes normal (where there is more interaction and less prods and pointers) and easy (this is more about following the story than you needing any skills)

I can't recommend this enough. It can seem quite bleak in places but that adds to the realism.

Exceptional.
  15. Dec 2, 2013
    You will enjoy this game so much, no matter what. I loved it, but i took 1 point out because i didn't feel like i was puting my foot into the story. I mean that in Heavy Rain, i could change the story incredibly. Still, this game is awesome and i recommend it to everyone who owns a Ps3! Awesome graphics, gameplay improved, interesting story and characters... And... Ellen Page
  16. Dec 2, 2013
    Beyond two souls is an amazing ps3 esclusive one the best games i've ever player in in this generation First of all I want to congratulate ellen page that has done a fantastic job to say the least and makes you empathize even more in the game the game has a super soundtrack and graphics the plot is full of twists and turns ,of course cage and quantic dreams must improve a little bit the gameplay but i'm confident for the future works .

Heavy rain is a great experience that that will live long in your hearts thanks ellen page and quantic dream .

ps The rewiews media doesn't do justice to this awesome game Sometimes i wonder if the rewiewer really finish the game before making an article on it
  17. Dec 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Amazing game it feels like you're playing a movie and the player really begins to connect with jodie, it also is quite fun to make some trouble with aiden like on the point where you have to throw of some cops in a town while they have surrounded jodie Expand
  18. Dec 3, 2013
    The number One incridible gaming experiences i ever saw! This is the most emotional and memorable game experience ever. So much emotion to be lived in this game. WOW 10 ON 10 SERIOUSLY TRY IT!!!
  19. Dec 14, 2013
    Beyond is definitely one of the top games of 2013, but it is NOT perfect or a masterpiece by any means. If you enjoy story and are looking for a "game" that's different from everything else out there, this is a must buy. I know that some people are complaining about plot holes and such, but none are game destroying by any means. Many can holes could be closed by just using some common sense or suspension of disbelief, which is good enough for me. The acting is great, script is pretty good, and the graphics are fantastic. Go into the game with an open mind and you'll be rewarded. The only things bringing the game down for me are the couple cases of inconsistencies in the story, the sometimes confusing QTE's, and the player choices not having much overall affect on the story other than affecting just that immediate situation. Expand
  20. Dec 13, 2013
    The Game is Beautifull, Amazing Story,Awesome Graphics a AWESOME Gameplay. It's Like Heavy Rain You have to play this game. And now it's one of my Favorite Games Quantic Dreams Is Awesome
  21. Dec 16, 2013
    Do not listen to the Critic's reviews on this game. Go ahead and guide your eyes to the User scores, that should get all the information to your brain that you need. This is the most emotional game I have played in a long time. The story draws you in from the start with all the ominous foreshadowing and flash backs.

If you haven't played this game I highly recommend that you make that
    happen. The actors do a phenomenal job with their characters. Play this Game Expand
  22. Dec 26, 2013
    If you are looking for a great story this is your game. Its like being engrossed in a movie that lasts much longer. You become very attached to the characters. The graphics are some of the best I've ever seen. Also, the game play is a new style with being able to switch to Aiden. I really enjoyed the decision making aspect as well because it enveloped you into the character and you got to create her personality. Yes, the game is going to get to the same points but the charters reactions really change many aspects to the story. Overall, this game is really fun and you will lose track of time following the story and always wondering what happens next. I would even give it an 8 out of 10 replay value. The game was not exactly what I expected when i first started after watching and reading reviews, but even better and I quickly fell in love. Have fun gaming, hope this helps. Expand
  23. Dec 29, 2013
    Beyond: Two Souls is more than just a video game, It is an experience. With outstanding graphics and a stellar performance from Ellen Page, Willem Dafoe, and Kadeem Haridson, David Cage has yet again created one of the most beautiful masterpieces in human history. Beyond: Two Souls has characters you are sure to fall in love with, and a storyline that touches your heart like nothing you've ever felt before. Expand
  24. Jan 2, 2014
    The best game I have ever played. Loved Jodie as a character and the story was excellent, visually the game looked awesome and the music was also fantastic
  25. Feb 3, 2014
    One of the best games I ever played!
    Graphics are stunning! Dialogs, controls and story are much better than in Heavy rain. And the main thing the game gaves me is some unforgetable emotions, like when I played snowballs...
  26. Oct 31, 2013
    I really love this game. Beyond: Two Souls is a good example of how games are getting grown-up. Unique, highly emotional and very, very touching. The game doesn't focus on game-play, as it is pretty simple, but tells a wonderful movie-like story. You can really feel what Jodie, the main protagonist, is feeling in every situation and you really pity her a lot. The brilliant soundtrack does the rest and even make your tears come. Actually it's an interactive movie. In my opinion the graphics could be a little bit better I know that good graphics don't make a good game, but this game would be so much more realistic with it. If there'll be more exclusives like this on the PS4, I will definitely buy it. I also bought the PS3 more or less just because of games like The Last of Us or Journey. So I'd really love to see more of such games, as they are very rare Expand
  27. Nov 7, 2013
    What can I say? I liked it. Sure, sometimes it was just the illusion of gameplay. But it was a fun story (with a couple of slow spots), nice graphics, interesting universe, and great acting by Dafoe and Page.

Kinda short for the price tag, but I had a lot of fun. Laughed out loud at the mechanics a few times, but it was in a good way
  28. Apr 24, 2014
    A little late with this review, but boy was it worth it!
    I do not know what game the magazines are playing, but its certainly not this one. Great game if you like games for the story and twists. Obviously, if you like Heavy rain, you will love this. AMAZING graphics for a ps3, they are pretty much next gen. I would pitch this game as an interactive movie. Acting is top notch and
    characters are very believable. Expand
  29. Feb 22, 2014
    Beyond: Two Souls is best defined as an interactive movie, but while many reviewers might use that phrase with a negative connotation, it's nothing short of brilliant in this case. The game is filled to the brim with quick-time events and lengthy cut-scenes, but it never feels overdone. The story is conveyed with rich dialogue, incredible visuals, and a great accompanying soundtrack. The writing is impeccable, and the experience will stick with you forever. There were a few strange parts (ahem... the Navajo chapter) that pulled me out of the sci-fi/paranormal atmosphere in which Beyond lies, but as a whole the story is nothing short of breathtaking. All PS3 owners deserve it to themselves to check this one out. Expand
  30. Feb 15, 2014
    Just played it trought for the first time. Its an aweomse interactive movie rather than a game, but who cares ? The story was beutifull, the acting was perfect (Elen Page done an awesome job). Multiple endings.

I highly recommend this to everyone!

One slightly problem: the "combat system" is a bit hard, so it wasnt easy to see what kind of move Joide do.
  31. Mar 27, 2014
    What a fantastic adventure! I have loved Ellen Paige ever since I saw her in Juno and a game that lets me look at her for 10 hours straight is gonna be a good one in my book hahaha! Seriously, Beyond Two Souls is an enthralling adventure that will sink its teeth into you and not let go! You'll laugh, you'll cry, and you'll experience some great action; but most of all you will leave the experience with the burning question of " What could have done differently?" That to me is what makes a great game! A story that touches you, brings you in, makes you a part of it and sticks with you long after you have stopped playing! Expand
  32. Aug 24, 2014
    Gráficos muito bons, e a trilha sonora ótimo ,história do jogo excelente e escolher daqui pra frente o que mudar , recomendo a todos, uma obra prima , a Quantic Dream tá de parabéns
  33. Jul 23, 2014
    A solid, well-polished AAA production. The directing and acting are on par with big Hollywood blockbuster productions. If you are a fan of David Cage's previous work, Beyond Two Souls will not dissapoint. Do not be affected by negative reviews, if you have enjoyed Heavy Rain, this will be an even better experience. It should be reviewed for what it is, and as an interactive piece of fiction and art, this is a top-notch as it can get. Cant wait for Quantic Dreams next release ! Expand
  34. Feb 17, 2014
    I love that game. Awesome story, absolutely beautiful graphics and interesting characters. I think everyone should play and feel IT. Beyond and TLOU = My games of the year!
  35. Mar 11, 2014
    One of my favorite story telling games with some of the most well developed characters I've ever seen. You'll forget about the lackluster game-play while playing it, since you'll get so attached to Jody that you'll only want to find out more about this amazing character.
  36. Oct 24, 2013
    Beyond: Two Souls is the kind of game that not all gamers would like, simply because it's not like a FPS or Hack & slash game, it's a game that allows player to interactive with the character uniquely that no games have the ability or the patience to do that. David cage does great a job of executing the story, but at times a little confusing. That being said, you will still understand the whole story once you finish the game or you either play the whole game twice, there is tons of replay value, not going to spoil anything. The story has some mind blowing momments, that you just say to yourself 'what the F**k' As for gameplay is certainly not for everyone is either love it or 'where can I sell this game?' The game has it own pace and does a pretty good job explaining young Jodie homles to adult Jodie homles, how she have to go though her childhood with Aiden and being a teenage that Is not allow to leave house to meet her friends due to Aiden presence.
    Overall the story will make you want to play more and more.

As for gamplay itself, it's amazing BUT still have some room of improvement. I don't get it when people say it's confusing how Jodie swings her hand to the direction, it's just common sense that how you react natural when you are the one in the real situation.(by the way, the part when Jodie prepare a meal for Ryan arrival is AWESOME! With aiden constantly disturb them.

Overall, this game is perfect for some players who really want to experience a brand new genre and players to love story over gameplay itself, THIS IS FOR YOU.
  37. Mar 10, 2014
    Beyond is a fantastic 10 h run to watch and feel. The game is a Story you want to follow till the end. The graphics r fantastic. And if u liked Heavy Rain and Remember me, or if you appriciate a good story more than the game itsefl - Beyond Two Souls is for You. It's a beautiful experienc for casual gamers, as it is a fantastic story
  38. Oct 31, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is an awesome game, i really enjoyed it, something different to explore thumbs up i had a great time....i think i will play it again soon the actor were absolutly amazing Expand
  39. Nov 1, 2013
    After Metal Gear Solid games this is the best game I ever played! Maybe it is more a movie, but that is the most exciting part! the story is fantastic, the ending almost made me cry! hehe :D i give my best rating for this game!
  40. Nov 1, 2013
    Best ps3 adventure game ever played, and play a lot !
    AMAZING Graphics entire game feels like next gen story is awsome and dont let the "interactive movie" game style to fool you, its great and its a rollercoster of emotions !
    GET IT
  41. Nov 3, 2013
    One of the better games for 2013 on the ps3 opposite The Last Of Us. I actually played the game loads of times and didn't get bored. Although it would be better if the choices you made affected more of the outcome rather than small changes to the scenes. Overall great game
  42. Nov 4, 2013
    One of the best games of my life, I really felt all the emotions the game had to offer, and I must say, I fell in love with it. Great job, and we demand more games like this. 10/10
  43. Nov 7, 2013
    I am simply a regular player, and I enjoyed this game very much. I don't care about meticulous analysis of each game element, like I have seen in many places about plot holes, or player interaction, don't care at all about anything besides being satisfied with what I am playing. Recommended.
  44. Apr 10, 2014
    Beyond is yet another game that didnt let me put down my controller before finishing it. First of all, Ellen page and Willem Dafoe along with all the other Actors did a brilliant job in acting and motion capture. Artistically,Beyond 2 Souls is a finest piece of writing turned into a game and is conceptually a rich and marvelous title. You might not logically agree with game's abstract concept,but i assure you that it will not stop you from completing this game once you have started it.

Game play vise its quite similar yet different to a usual Quantic Dream title.

Beyond 2 Souls is like a interactive movie with tons of qtes (quick-time events),
    But this time David cage(creative writer and director of beyond 2 souls)
    tried his best to eliminate the onscreen push button (visual icons) that majorly covers the screen to give gamers a much more movie like feel,

I don't say he completely succeeded in that,but he is very close.

All interactable things in Beyond's gameplay are marked with a DOT that fades as you move away from it,
    yes a dot is still a onscreen icon,but its far less annoying and much less visible than huge button icons.
    Hence it does not distract gamers from looking at whats actually happening on screen in cinematic. (compared to looking at button icons and following it).

Technically,Beyond 2 Souls is the benchmark of one of the best game development technology available in market on a low end hardware of ps3.
    Its astonishing how they pulled off and rendered such glorious and eye candy visuals in real time on a hardware that have barely 256mb of video memory.

I always wonder what magnificent,splendid eyegasmic visuals will they create on the much better hardware of newly launched ps4.
    Hopefully,we don't have to wait much for that.

All an all,this game is a must play,it stands apart in terms of concept and gameplay and is graphically stunning.
  45. May 6, 2014
    This game is probably my new favourite type of game. It has a great storyline to it, although it may be a bit confusing at first but you manage to piece it together later. The gameplay is great with most of it being interactive, is was generally fun to play and had good replay value. The graphics are superb, Voice acting is just brilliant and overall this is an amazing game and I can't wait for Quantic Dream's next game. Expand
  46. Jan 6, 2014
    I have never been emotionally attached that much to any game/movie before. The game has awesome graphics/sound and an creative gameplay but it was the main character that got me hooked.
    There is no way you don't like and don't feel for her during the whole game. Quantic Dream and Ellen Paige did an awesome job here.
    One of the most unvalued games I know.
  47. Jan 14, 2014
    This is an amazing game. Yes, it is more a kind of interactive story-telling experience, rather than an action adventure, but it further closes the gap between movies and games and fills this gap with an outstanding experience. Of course, the player needs to be open for that and allow feelings to run their course, but if he does, he will not be dissapointed. The graphics and the incredible score contribute to that, even though the music doesn't seem to be really interactive ar some points in the game. So there is still room for furter improvements and I am looking forward to the next Quantic Dream experience. Expand
  48. Jan 19, 2014
    Beyond: Two Souls has some glitches and such, but, in general, this is a great game full of excitement, drama, and action. You make small and large choices. But, unlike Heavy Rain, this doesn't effect the ENTIRE game ending. The graphics are amazing, the voice acting is great. In my opinion, this is the best game I have ever played so far.
  49. Jan 26, 2014
    Well, I just signed up to Metacritic to give a review for Beyond: Two Souls - that's how much I liked it.

This is a remarkable achievement and I think so even though I understand criticisms that argue that this is not a game, but a playable novel. I absolutely adored The Last of Us - and I adore Beyond Two Souls specifically for the same reason: STORY.

Character, story and emotional
    depth is unlike anything I have seen. The game recaptures a dying art, truly - and makes story and characters relevant again. Remember why 8-bit games of 1980s were more fun than 1920x1800 HD games of today? It was story and emotional reality (not factual, or graphic reality).

Yet, I have to tell you the game has some of the best graphics I have seen on PS3 platform; visuals, shading - and oh my god, camera angles (cinematography) are top quality. Visuals of this game is pure artistic genius.

I could easily list this game at the Top 3 of best PS3 games I have played.

Downsides that really doesn't make this game a lesser game:

- Not actually a game - your decisions don't really have much impact on playing experience. Sequel can retain artistic aspects of this and build on it by developing a kick-ass engine in shooting, stealth, movement etc. to make it more of a game-novel combination.

- You don't die, really. So you can't make much of a mistake in the game. I think game could be developed further in that aspect.

- Very linear story line. A combination of story telling, plus sandbox experience will be really amazing.

If all three shortcomings can be improved in the next sequel (not DLC, an actual new game as sequel), this came can truly become one of the best games of all time, in all platforms.
  50. Jan 31, 2014
    This is one of the most amazing games I have ever played, I don't care when people say about the jumps in game play , i just play to have fun, and might i say it was one hell of a emotional journey.

Defiantly the game i will remember for the rest of my life.
  51. Feb 4, 2014
    This game along with The Last Of Us are amazing games. I hope more titles / stories like this come along. This is entertainment. Gaming and Story together. Great soundtrack as well. One of the best games of 2013/14.
  52. Sep 26, 2014
    Beyond: Two Souls.... A perfect game with fantastic music, eye blowing graphics, mind blowing story, emotional moments, over 20 endings,... Sadly, I had to buy PS3 only because of this one game. But still the PS3 + Beyond: Two Souls was very acceptable for poor 250 dollars.

10/10 Must own if you haven't already!
  53. Feb 15, 2014
    Mind blowing game, great graphics Wow just wow! this takes gaming to the level and quality of some large budget Hollywood films. It stands high next to Tomb Raider and The Last of us.
  54. Feb 21, 2014
    Truly a masterpiece. This game needs no summary, it is simply amazing and beautiful. It will keep you hooked until the end. With it's hd graphics and the voice actor being Ellen Paige, this game is definitely one of the best games you can get for the ps3.
  55. Mar 8, 2014
    I'm sorry if don't like this game, you just don't see the potential for it.Me and my friend played this 3 TIMES and every time it was just as interesting as the first time we beat It and that was the best feeling in the world.Ellen Page and Eric Winter make a great couple and I'm happy they put them together.
  56. Mar 11, 2014
    Amazing Graphics. Fantastic Story. Incredible Experience. Different and Good Gameplay. Perfect Game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  57. Mar 21, 2014
    Beyond Two Souls has superb graphics and a great story with an interesting narrative that makes you connect the dots and mess with your thinking. Gameplay more dynamic than Heavy Rain. Reviews are lower than expected actually a patriot discomfort not accept some truths that the game shows.
  58. Mar 21, 2014
    Awesome story, graphics, acting, and soundtrack. A trully nice experience which will make you think of all the journey you have been through while playing the game. Few games have such a capacity to move the player; and this is one of them
  59. Apr 15, 2014
    one of the most powerful history in the games i ever play!!1 just wonderful!! David Cage bring us a great game anyway they still xbox haters here...........................................................................................
  60. Apr 21, 2014
    This game is amazing. I love the story, the controls are good, awesome characters, great graphics, everything is so great, and ugh I love the story most of all.
    People should buy this, I can't stop playing it. I really hope there is a sequel of this though, it feels like there is more to tell or explain in the end.
  61. Apr 22, 2014
    If you're looking for a fast paced, instant gratification, mindless action first person shooter type game.. Beyond: Two Souls is absolutely NOT for you.

I don't know if I'd actually even call this a game. It's more of an interactive drama. The voice acting is superb. How can it not be though? Willem Dafoe (Boondock Saints, Spiderman) Ellen Page (Juno, Hard Candy) Kadeem Hardison
    (Different Strokes, Vampire in Brooklyn) and Eric Winter (The Mentalist, The Ugly Truth) comprise the main cast and do a magnificent job carrying the story. This game as I said is not meant to be a pure action game. You run, you have QTE events, you dodge, climb, dodge some more, and investigate. The cool thing is you actually want to do all of this because you want to see the next part of the engrossing story. The stealth and espionage part of the game is simple... But Jody is not meant to be a super hero and action star and neither is her partner throughout the game Aiden. As a whole, the two are meant to compliment one another as you navigate through the game's story. I'm not really one to write a review about anything but I feel that this game has definitely been underrated and I wanted to take some time to give my appreciation where it was absolutely due. The visuals of the game are if not the best.... some of the best you will see on the PS3. Last of Us, Tomb Raider, Uncharted..All of these games in my opinion visually were sub par compared to Beyond. That's really saying something as those three games are the PS3's crowning achievements. It's been a long while since I had to stop and marvel at graphics on the last Gen systems and Beyond made me do that multiple times as I was playing the game. At times I thought I was playing my PS4. You're only going to see frame rate slowdown in lager areas like the Desert set piece and some choppy issues in weather effects. There was some poor lighting throughout the game during QTE moments which made it hard to judge in which direction to move the right stick. This could have been attributed to the brightness on my television and not the game itself. Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Beyond: Two Souls and would highly recommend it to anyone who wants a refreshing change of pace from the "Blow stuff up, Use a special move, Win the level, play online only 3 hour long story campaign" game.

Roger Ebert once said Video Games will never be art. Though that statement can be and has been argued for and against I believe Beyond: Two Souls is if not a work of art definitely a game interwoven with artistic vision. And that vision was a joy to play.

I'm giving my time and Beyond: Two souls a 9. It is well deserved.

(Wikipedia) Art - "Art is the process of deliberately arranging elements in a way that appeals to the senses or emotions."
  62. May 9, 2014
    Wow what should I say? I played Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls. A few months ago i was really suprised how good Heavy Rain was. But now Quantic Dream created a masterpiece! The game is the best interactive movie I have ever seen. You really wish that this game never ends. It has so much emotional parts in it.
    I never wrote a critic for a game. But this time it's really worth it! Just
    play it by yourself. Expand
  63. Jun 1, 2014
    After playing Beyond Two Souls for hours and completing the story, I can honestly say that this is arguably one of my favorite games of all time. The combat is so smooth and the story was very well done. All respect to David Cage.
  64. Jun 25, 2014
    The controls are not the best, but the story and characters are really good. If you want a mature game without steroids guys and big guns this is for you.
  65. Jul 19, 2014
    Невероятная игра! Думал что после Heavy Rain, Uncharted, Metal Gear Solid меня трудно будет удивить, но эта игра смогла вызвать прежнюю бурю эмоций, как и вышенаписанные игры в свое время. Как жалко что так мало подобных проектов.
  66. Jul 28, 2014
    I was a huge fan of Heavy Rain, so it's no surprise that I enjoyed this game as well. The aspect that blew me away (and I'm guessing one which not many people got to experience) was the co-op multiplayer. The mechanics, while simple, fit incredibly well into the narrative of the game. Co-op features one player as Jodie and the other as Aiden, completing their respective choices / sequences. While in "free" mode (exploring, etc) you can pass control to the other player, but you have to wait for them to pass it back. What left a lasting impression was that similar to how Jodie cannot control Aiden, when my partner passed control she could ask me what she wanted but it was ultimately my decision. Likewise, she made narrative choices I opposed, but in the end it solidified the "two distinct souls" aspect of the game and made the experience so much richer for me. I highly recommend grabbing a friend and playing this game together! Expand
  67. Sep 25, 2014
    I was happy with the game, for this new genre of problem solving, story driven gaming, it's full of great looking animation, voice acting, different choices and outcomes. This game provides exactly what I paid for.

If you're looking for a lot of action or a unique fighting system, this game has none of that, but it's got hours of gameplay, a great story, and a lot influence over the
    outcome of the plot.

I suggest if you haven't played these kind of games before you look at some youtube videos to better understand it before you buy it and judge it based upon what it's not promising to be. It's more comparable in gameplay to King's Quest series than an action packed thriller.
  68. Oct 14, 2014
    One of the best games I've ever played. Must have on PS3 and PS4.
    Don't believe to all this critic's sh*t
    A great story, amazing graphic, actors however... you have to play themselves

1. Dec 28, 2013
    There doesn't ever seem to be any real impact of the player's decisions, actions or failures. [Jan 2014, p.76]
  2. Dec 12, 2013
    Beyond: Two Souls is a capital failure as both a story and as a game. The adventure plays itself and the player is left to push the right buttons in the right order. The story you are rewarded with is a mess of odd writing and poor directing choices from a game creator that obviously wants to create great art but seems to be incapable of doing so. Even fans of Fahrenheit and Heavy Rain should prepare for what is unfortunately a monumental disappointment.
  3. Nov 24, 2013
    A story every Playstation owner should experience.