• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Oct 8, 2013
8.1

1. Oct 8, 2013
    Awesome graphics, beautiful gameplay, maybe a interactive novel, excellent characters great history you can felt joy, suffer and felt scary with the protagonist,
    good work for Quantic dream
  2. Oct 8, 2013
    This game is fantastic! Just like heavy rain was and Indigo prophecy before it. Great graphics, story, gameplay everything! Everyone should play this game even if you're not a gamer experience this masterpiece! It's definitely worth the money reminds me a bit of the movie Carrie. Overall I recommend it I would say more but I'm not going to spoil things just know that you're not just buying a game... You are getting an experience. Expand
  3. Oct 8, 2013
    Absolutely stunning and unique game. You will experience new variety of emotions with respect to Heavy Rain and with respect to all other games. Masterpiece and one of the mine favorite games now!
  4. Oct 8, 2013
    Best cinematic game ever. Perfect graphics ,interesting story. The combat is really challenging. And the soundtrack is one of the best soundtracks in video games .
    This is the best Quantic Dream game untill now
  5. Oct 8, 2013
    Beyond is an adventure that really touched me. Playing as Jodie and Aiden is real genious. Quantic Dream knows how to make interactive dramas. The most ambitous game of the year!
  6. Oct 8, 2013
    And again, quantic dream created a new masterpiece in gaming, they never let us down in terms of interactive drama genre, all of the details of the game are so great from protagonist and the story, i am starting to like ellen page of her stunning beauty.
    The only thing makes bad in this games is the controls, it is not very suitable in ds3, but thanks to their app BEyond Touch for
    smartfones, the control interface of the game makes easier than using ds3 Expand
  7. Oct 8, 2013
    Amazing experience, but I can't use the word game. This is an immersive storytelling masterpiece, interactive but not open. With a variety of endings and multitudes of choice throughout that serve to colour your experience rather than shape it, David Cage has taken what he learned in Heavy Rain and added polish. Page and Defoe provide excellent voice acting as you are taken on the life-long journey of Jodie and her imaginary friend Aiden. You spend the many hours uncovering the mystery of Jodie and her connection to this mysterious being that has shadowed her throughout her life.

Controls can be a bit jarring in one or two places, but QuanticDream made the interesting choice of not spoon-feeding them to you, leaving the player to figure out things on their own. This can be frustrating but is ultimately rewarding as you really feel accomplishment at what you achieve.

Amusingly many seem to have already missed the point of Beyond: Two Souls. This is not a game. If you want a sandbox, play Fallout or Skyrim, each excellent games in their own right. But here you are taking part in an immersive, interactive and stunning story. Be forewarned. Quite simply one of the best media experiences I've ever had.
  8. Oct 8, 2013
    Just, amazing I can't believe that this game run on a PS3 it's so beautiful.
    the story is just amazing too, and playing with the entity (Aiden) is really enjoyable.
  9. Oct 8, 2013
    It is very strange game that doesn`t look like anything else. You can love it or you can even hate it, depends on your tastes. But it`s absolutely clear that this game is another phenomena in gaming industry. Quantic Dream delivered something unexpected even for their fans.
  10. Oct 8, 2013
    This game is the reason why I sold xbox but still kept ps3. And it haven't failed me. Whoever loved Heavy rain can expect even better storytelling, incredible graphics, extraordinary atmosphere and really unique experience.
    I think that whoever have ps3 has to try at least demo, but beware, final game is much more interesting than demo.
    One of the five best games in this generation for
    me with without the doubt best atmosphere. Expand
  11. Oct 8, 2013
    Awesome game so far, awesome story and magnificent characters.
    After playing like 3 hours, i enjoyed everything in this game, from level design, to voice acting, emotions feel like real.
  12. Oct 8, 2013
    A great game with a share of drama and a touch of mysticism. The gameplay is very interesting from the point of view of interaction between two characters,the game itself has a number of ways of development of the plot,natural variability, not so many as in heavy Rain,but it does not make the game worse.In conclusion to all I want to say that the game was a success and I don't understand who she might not like it one of the best games of the year 10/10 Expand
  13. Oct 8, 2013
    This game is absolutely gorgeous and truly one magnificent piece of art. David Cage has delivered yet another step forward in the world of video games and for that he is applauded. This game is refreshing, bold and different. I recommend everyone to at least try the game once because although it might not be for everyone I can promise you that as soon as you begin the game you will appreciate all the hard work put into this game. No spoilers or pros and cons in this review, this is just me letting you know that you should seriously consider giving this game a try. Expand
  14. Oct 8, 2013
    In a word: Awesome
    Graphics, animation, story, gameplay, musics... Everything is awesome.
    I found my game of the year without doubt.
    I plat with my wife, it's really good, she play jodie and I play aiden.
  15. Oct 8, 2013
    This game is the best. David Cage is a genius. You should buy this game with your money because it is game of the year and David Cage is a genius. David Cage you genius.
  16. Oct 8, 2013
    Best graphics, great game, history,. Simply the best. GOTY best graphics. Quantic Dream, congratulations for this work of art. For jealous people that are giving low note, my condolences.
  17. Oct 8, 2013
    Awesome game Great story, graphics and gameplay. Quantic Dream has crafted a really immersive and emotional experience, unlike any other I've played before. It's a must play.
  18. Oct 8, 2013
    One of the greatest experiences ever, just completed it only a few hours ago and already I want to replay it to see the (22) alternate endings!

Amazing game, you'd be stupid not to buy it assuming you love a good story.
  19. Oct 8, 2013
    Wonderful graphics.
    Beautiful story.
    **** choices.
    Awesome gameplay.
    Awesome OST.
    Beyond Two Souls is the best game of all times, and obviously the Game of the Year.
  20. Oct 8, 2013
    Say what you want about "what is a game", but video games as an industry is YOUNG compared to other media. You would be a fool to miss out on this spectacular ride of a game that is changing how we interact with characters and story. Don't be a sheep.
  21. Oct 8, 2013
    Beyond Two Souls is an incredibly emotional and stunning experience. Throughout the game you'll often find yourself tearing up, whether it is of joy or sadness. Quantic Dream managed to create a game that binds you to its characters like few games are able to. Ellen Page's and Willem Dafoe's performance is incredible and really adds to the atmosphere. The story is really thrilling and switches from brutal action to everyday life. A unique, story-driven experience for every open-minded gamer out there. Expand
  22. Oct 8, 2013
    Beyond the imagination, this game it`s so very very perfect, graphics, beutifull gameplay gta,cod, users not like this, because not shoot, not run, not online multiplayer) and the story it`s perfect, this game gona be, the game of the generation, not the overated GTA V.
  23. Oct 8, 2013
    Incredible game with really interesting, non-linear, storytelling system, charismatic characters, stunning visuals and great music. One of my favorite games this year. David Cage is a really master of his job.
  24. Oct 8, 2013
    I've never played a game that has emotionally moved me in multiple directions like this one has. Nor have a played a game that gives me the feeling that I have so much power at my fingertips than this one. So many choices I make are a reflection of who I am. This game is, in a word, engrossing. I can't put it down. My wife doesn't want me to play unless she can watch because she too is engrossed in it. The acting is fantastic; the graphics are jaw-dropping, especially facial representations. The performances by all characters are super. Ellen Page and Willem Defoe are, of course, great. I really liked the homeless guy too. Playing as Aiden is intense and darkly satisfying at times. I think the camera movement for Aiden's first-person view is perfect. It gives the feel of floating or swaying back and forth like an entity, which he is. No rigid first-person mechanics here. David Cage and Quantic Dream have knocked another one out of the park with Beyond: Two Souls on all levels: gameplay, story, graphics. For me, highly anticipated and well-worth the wait. Expand
  25. Oct 8, 2013
    Perfect Graphics, Perfect History, perfect plot, this game is a GOTY. The actors make a good interpretations, the options that Jodie can make in the game are awesome.

Trolls of metacritic, stop make stupid opinions.
  26. Oct 8, 2013
    This game is really awesome, a movie-game when chance the concepts of the industry, really serious and deep, is one game when or you love, or you hate, like heavy rain, but in my case, i really really love this one.
  27. Oct 8, 2013
    If you liked Heavy Rain you will love this game. It's not for everyone, but Quantic Dream is to be commended for aspiring to be something greater and far different than anything or anyone else in the industry.
    The graphics are absolutely next-gen quality,the characters are well developed, and the story and themes will make your heart break at times. Are there things I don't necessarily
    like? Sure, but Beyond:Two Souls greatly succeeds in spite of them. You become so wrapped up in Jodie's story that you not only deal with the flaws, but forget them completely.
    If the Last of Us showed you that emotions can be brought to life in a very real way, then Quantic Dreams' Beyond:Two Souls proves that it can permeate and completely saturate the entire length of a campaign.
  28. Oct 8, 2013
    Nota 0 sem jogar? então tenho direito de dar nota 10 só pela coragem de se fazer jogos com propostas diferentes, vamos abrir a mente e sair do mesmo do mesmo. A DEMO já mostrou parte disso, espero ao final gostar ou não gostar, mas experimentar, quem disse que gostei do final de The Last of US? mas daria um 0 por que não era o que esperava?
  29. Oct 8, 2013
    Beyond Two Souls is a great experience for me. Yes, this is not as great as Heavy Rain, but still it is a very good game. I can't give it lesser than 10.
  30. Oct 8, 2013
    Amazing game.How do I put this? Let me see. I played BEYOND and LOVED. l loved it.

Why?

Because all this shooting, ridding, open world, headshot, deathmatch, all this stuff, IS VERY COOL, but it gets kinda boring after a while. WE NEED crazy diferent games like Heavy Rain and Beyond to unwind after GTA5, befor we can dive into WatchDogs. Then we need something crazy like South Park,
    befor we can go on to Killzone or Dead Rising 3.
    That is why I LOVE QUANTIC DREAM and David Cage.
    The graphics are amazing, the gameplay it THANK GOD diferent from the GTAs and CODs of this world, the history is unique and interesting, the game is fun,it drags you in and don´t let go, this is all I want from a game right now.
    Beyond is amazing, loved the demo, it really shows what kind of state our "game critics" are, they are getting more and more like music critics, giving 4 and 5s to the Bon Jovis and Def Leppards of the world and 9s and 10s to the REMs and U2s.
    I don´t care, I had enough with headshots and team deathmatches for this year, it is time to play something diferent: WELCOME BEYOND!
  31. Oct 8, 2013
    Simply put: not a game for the masses. I would hope everyone out there would be touched by it's message but as a "senior" player I know better. The story holds very deep thoughs about what lies beyond our world and how our world supposedly interacts with the other the one we don't know, but many do think it exists. Gameplay although intuitive can be a bit frustrating at first but one can adopt to commands very swiftly. Graphics is top level and a thing to expect from this gen's most powerful game console. No compromises here. This equals for an excellent orchestra music. Without a doubt one of the most important(!) games till date. Expand
  32. Oct 8, 2013
    it is a truly unique experience that every gamer deserves to experience (even the critics too shallow and narrow minded to accept or comprehend it). dont listen to the haters of this game. there are many people who have this pretentious bias against ambitious cinematic, story centric games like this and also have a strong disdain for david cage. these conspiratorial individuals think he is trying to erase all genres of gaming and will turn every game in existence into an interactive movie.

if you are not one of these people, and you are not going into this game with the sole intention of hating it, you will not only like this game, but love it. their claims that it is "a movie with no gameplay" are beyond ridiculous. there is more gameplay here than there was in heavy rain or the walking dead. Its graphics and presentation are the best the PS3 has to offer, bar none. even naughty dog's masterpeice "the last of us" isnt quite as polished in animations and visuals. the story is well paced, the characters well written, and the acting top notch. the game accomplishes what it sets out to do. no you wont be chopping off heads or shooting aliens. this is a rare genre and this game is the best it has to offer. try it for yourself.
  33. Oct 8, 2013
    Good evening editors of magazines and websites i want reminds you this game on current generation and if there any game else should take low rate its GTA5! rated 9.7 just because its foolish and full of dirty language glitches and stupid story! but its good enough for American!
    Everyone rate this game under 9 shouldn't play games or name him self editor?
  34. Oct 8, 2013
    NEVER in all my years have I seen a game like Beyond: Two Souls. I just wished it was on PC. It is the game of the decade. People talk about games like Call Of Duty(Great Game), GTA(Another Great Game) and Fifa, but all these games are either about killing, living a reckless gangstar life or sports(not that their bad). We've seen them all, and frankly, we've grown used to and tired of them. But Beyond: Two Souls is just what we need now. A game which has different storylines based on the player's decisions? Awesome! Having to be a human (Jodie) and an entity Aiden)? Double Awesome! And to be able to connect with the characters and truly understand them? Triple Awesome. I'm more of a critic but this is the only game I've seen that's better than GTA V, Assassin's Creed 3 and Call Of Duty 6. It's PERFECT! Expand
  35. Oct 8, 2013
    What a beautiful game! For those of you who are unfamiliar with this type of game, it's a lot like a choose your own adventure book. They give you choices and opportunities and the results fold out into your story. Excellent storytelling Quantic Dream!
  36. Oct 8, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is just the most fantastic game i ever played, it worth every minute!! The story is amazing and there is so much emotion i just love every minute i spend to play it! Expand
  37. Oct 9, 2013
    Beyond Two Souls repeats what Heavy Rain did a few years ago. It shows a brilliant plot, stunning graphics and strong characters with an unusual fate. Such a game could appear only from Quantic Dream studio because those guys know better than others how to make you sit on the edge of your chair till the final credits.
  38. Oct 8, 2013
    Excellent Game! Great graphics, great story, great acting by Ellen Page and William Dafoe! Very excellent and intuitive controls. Overall another amazing game made by Quantic Dream! BETTER THAN HEAVY RAIN!!! 10 out of 10. It did NOT deserve a 6 out of 10 from IGN. It deserves a 10 out of 10! Props to Gamespot for giving it a 9 out of 10.
  39. Oct 9, 2013
    Ok so it's not a game like we are used to play...So??

But oh my god, this game is one of the best ever created! Every scene you play is great.We all like great movies right?So why not be part of one?

Do yourself a favour and get this game as soon as possible.

Thank you again David Cage.Thank you for this masterpiece!
  40. Oct 9, 2013
    Awesome game, the people who rated this game poorly are narrow minded. Not all games have to be shooting and killing all the time. Beyond has great graphics & an awesome story. The controls are good & work well for the game play style. Well worth playing, very good game.
  41. Oct 9, 2013
    If you're slightly interested in this game, go for it. It's a masterpiece, and like a groundbreaking work, it has to fight through conventional wisdom to get to the right audience. "Beyond" will be around for years. Don't wait. (Played through it in two long sessions, but would go back again for different choices and bonus items.)
  42. Oct 8, 2013
    This game is what makes Sony great. Nobody thought throwing paint on walls could be an enjoyable game or riding on the wind as a flower, but Sony made it happen. My hat is off to Mr. Cage for making such an emotional experience that had me right at the start! Really love the fighting game mechanics as well since they are all focused on motion. Can't wait to finish the game!
  43. Oct 12, 2013
    It's not for everyone, that's for sure. If you're a gunhappy action junkie when it comes to games, you'll probably want to pass here. if you were a fan of Quantic Dreams prior games, such as Heavy Rain, you'll definitely want to give it a try. I found the game thoroughly entertaining--a story that kept me engaged until the very end. Supported by a great cast and incredible acting, this game was plenty worth my time and money. My experience with it was a 10/10, your experience may vary, of course. At least give it a try if possible check out the demo or something--you may not know what you are missing. Expand
  44. Oct 8, 2013
    These are two words which can describe this game
    Beautiful
    Strange

I do not listen to those who say that this game is very bad or great to judge that you must to experience this game

And for me score of this game is 10/10
  45. Oct 8, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. L'ho appena finito e lo trovo un titolo unico e originale! graficamente strabiliante.. anche se in certi punti negli scenari si vede la differenza con i personaggi ancora meglio definiti. Il sonoro di Zimer.. e questo nome dice tutto! la storia l'ho trovata stupenda. di rado di mi capita di emozionarmi e commuovere, e questo gioco c'è riuscito in molti punti. Il gameplay più sciolto e i quake time sono meglio caratterizzati rispetto a Heavy Rain, e questo gioco a mio parere un gradino sopra al precedente titolo Quantic Dream! con questo concludo con un 10 pieno.. per uno dei giochi più originale e toccanti degli ultimi anni! Expand
  46. Oct 8, 2013
  47. Oct 8, 2013
    One of the best games of the year for sure. If you're even mildly interested in this game I strongly recommend that you pick up a copy. I'm about three quarters of the way through and I just don't want to put it down. There's a lot of replay ability as well because of the co-op mode. Amazing game!
  48. Oct 8, 2013
    amazing story, amazing game and amazing graphics and detials
    one of the best games i ever played this year and it's a huge leap over heavy rain

,not for everyone though
  49. Oct 8, 2013
    Played this with my Girlfriend (Me playing Aiden, she Jodie) and we loved it to the very end. Amazing story, characters and graphics. This game don't need good gameplay to be good. Masterpiece!
  50. Oct 8, 2013
    Too many trolls making an account just to review this game and give it a 0.
    Why would you review a game you haven't played or probably will never play if you know what i mean.
    Overall if you enjoyed Heavy Rain,this game is a must by. It has excellent sountracks like HR and the graphics are top notch.i dn't want to spoil the story but it has lots of endings.This game wasn't made for
    everyone in the end,so if you dn't like it then dn't buy it from the beginning Expand
  51. Oct 9, 2013
    Game is an absolute piece of art. And because of that it's not something that could have only one opinion about. It is a clear art, including true original vision of big amount of artists working in QD, it is a part of David Cage soul, and only because of that it can not be awful. As I see it almost every bad review is written by people who doesn't really love HR or Fahrenheit. They've said that Heavy Rain is a bad movie and everything, now they're pretending that they've loved it. Well, Beyond is HR squared. It's bigger, it's smarter and it really is more emotional. Of course they are saying now, that it's a bad game. Maybe it's not 10 out of 10, I understand that. But for a game that been created by two-hundred-men-team for three years it really worth more than 5-6/10. Let's be honest: it's not a bad game, it just was too much of an anticipation for it. Expand
  52. Oct 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Looks like one of those games that is destined to divide opinion for some time to come! Some reviewers praise the ambitions and well-realised story, while others think it's underwritten, barely coherent dross this is not a typical game like shooter, rpg or action adventure. This is a rather linear quicktime, movie kind of game. People who played heavy rain or indigo prophecy would know what to expect from it. People who buy this game knows what they are in for, mostly for the compelling story and unique take on gaming. This game is its own genre like other quantic dreams' games. this genre has its own style and appeal. & for a type of game like this, I think it outdone itself again and did a great job. I find reviewers who give this a low score expecting it to be played more like another conventional shooter, action adventure Expand
  53. Oct 9, 2013
    Don't believe the criticism sites Beyond is the Beyond is maybe most important of the game playstation history. Emotional, sensitive and stunning.. Thanks Quantic Dream..
  54. Oct 9, 2013
    A great send off to the PS3 such a great game the gameplay and way the story progresses may confuse you at first but once you get use to it it's a truly unique gaming experience.
  55. Oct 9, 2013
    There's no other way than playing the game HIMSELF to judge its quality. The game is fantastic, it's an interactive story BUT contains excellent game-play parts, especially when controlling Aiden through walls, spying the surrounding environment and defending Jodie by killing her pursuers. A great game from an innovative French studio.
  56. Oct 9, 2013
    Its a Perfect Game,One of the Best of 2013!
    This is a true life game and everyone should get the lesson of this game that is:
    The game, which features psychological, spiritual, and thriller elements, is centered around questions about what happens after death.
    For the Haters there is a option in the beginning that u can choose "i rarely play video games"!
  57. Oct 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Really Nice Game!!!!!!Awesome graphics,excellent music,and great acting by Allen Page.This game is fantastic! Best cinematic game ever,It's just like watching a movie Expand
  58. Oct 9, 2013
    Amazing graphics.
    Interesting experiences.
    Awesome musics.
    Natural character animation,voice acting.
    This game was so exciting that I lost track of time.
  59. Oct 9, 2013
    excellent game, with awesome graphics, the story take the attention of the gamer. the principal character shows a human appearance with conflicts that make feel to the gamer. dialogue is attractive.
  60. Oct 12, 2013
    Everyone who liked HEAVY RAIN will also like this one.....for me best game so far, pretty much head to head to THE LAST OF US.....I really don't know why so many bad reviews?
  61. Oct 9, 2013
    David Cage is the golden god of gaming. I have a shrine of him above my bed. His smiling face keeps me safe at night. Graphic hot.Story Hot. Ellen Page hot. Willem Dafoe Hot. every thing about this game is amazing. It will make you feel real emotions and find the meaning of life.
  62. Oct 8, 2013
    This is the new way to tell a story in the future. Videogames aren't only FPS and action, videogames are the new way to create profound content. Beyond Two Souls is magnificent.
  63. Oct 9, 2013
    Well, this is a game, this is not a movie, this is a 50/50 game. Half game half movue and this is great, if you like Heavy Rain and The Walking Dead you will like this too, I'm sure. @gamesreflexoes
  64. Oct 15, 2013
    I saw too many ones complaining that there are no consequences failing an action, that there is no game over or whatsoever, that the game still go onward even failing something, I wonder if these BIG MINDS have thought that SOMETHING COULD CHANGE between successfully completing one action or failing it completely... of course the game keeps going on the same but wonder a bit if something could have been different succesfully completing an action...please. I wonder if the game has been made for an higher IQ tier than the average of the gamers here complaining is.

My only complaint goes to Aiden's movement which I find it could have been slightly improved, everything else is a true masterpiece and I'm gonna rate this game 10 out of 10 to help close the mouth to "closed mind" ones.

After a second playthrough I have to admit it completely, David Cage is a visionary genius and I invite every "professional" non "oiled" reviewer to take a look at this interview http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2013-09/04/david-cage-beyond-two-souls maybe this could clear their view on the "consequences" of actions and on the "why" people playing this game could feel to actually watch a movie while instead their are playing a game, is an interview in which Cage explains why every playthrough is a set piece of experience and why someone playing the game could experience something that other ones playing the very same game doesn't, the basis on which I can legit BS every "review" complaining about a game which is way too sophisticated to be understood at a first glance, this game can be played ten times without digging everything's inside, simply DO NOT LISTEN TO DETRACTORS AND LIVE THIS EXPERIENCE if you have an open mind and enough sensitivity, you won't regret it, just don't expect a classic FPS or TPS nor compare this game to more usual ones, here the skills are not everything and are put under test in a different way, hormone-driven teenagers, FPS lovers and basic minds should avoid it.

Thanks D. Cage, I must repeat myself, you are a visionary genius and this game have just only one BIG defect, sooner or later it comes to an end.
  65. Oct 9, 2013
    I have completed the game already. What can I say, it was an enjoyable adventure. The issue here is the QTE-control model which doesn't give neither freedom nor clarity ot simplicity. I truly believe they should have allow different actions more or less effective while pressing in the different directions of right stick. But the story worth it. My personal grade is 8+ for setting, story, characters and the world of the game. Collapse
  66. Oct 9, 2013
    Looking at reviews, I can honestly say I've never seen more divisive reception for a game. When it comes down to it, Beyond Two Souls is a game that you either lover or hate.
    Some have said that the story is crap, I disagree entirely. Now yes, I will concede that I wish it focused more on the dramatic bits and interpersonal relationships rather than the cinematic explosion moments, but
    overall I felt this was an incredible story, even though at parts it was told a little bit clunky.
    It sets wide open for a sequel, and I hope we get it.
  67. Oct 11, 2013
    Awesome story but if it was sorted right I would've understood more and it would be more touching, Best graphics I've seen on PS3 but the loading may sometimes take a while and my game froze at some points probably just for me who knows. Combat can be hard at first but you can get used to it nothing else I didn't like the game is pure awesome
  68. Oct 12, 2013
    Beyond two souls is an incredible gaming experience the story is a well driven emotional rollercoaster. Once again quantic dream delivered a brilliant and incredible game. They deliver a game which has an outstanding story supported by a brilliant cast Ellen Page did an incredible job as Jodie Holmes. The graphics is mind blowing the detail is incredible. The controls is easy to adapt to. This has to be one of the greatest games I have ever played and one of the best games of 2013. Simply ignore the bad reviews those people don't know what a good game is about. Beyond two souls was a great expierence if u loved heavy rain then beyond two souls is for u. This is a must have game for every die hard gamer of a PS3. Expand
  69. Oct 10, 2013
    7.4 by metacritic? Are you kidding me? This game is awesome! This is a masterpiece by David Cage! second in a row)! It is so touching and gives you more emotions then all callofduties and gtas together! It looks amazing, it keeps you involved for hours and it makes you say WOW! every 5 minutes. I don't know what person you should be to give less than 9.0 to this game. Probably a person without PS3 or some #iveplayeddemoanditsnotfun wierdos... No offence. Quantic Dream rules! Bravo mr. Cage! Expand
  70. Oct 10, 2013
    I really loved the Game,great gameplay,awesome story,perfect characters and a interactive Game,the best
    This Game it's the revolution of heavy rain,great game
  71. Oct 10, 2013
    Beyond Two Souls is a fun interactive game that gives you more freedom than you think. I think it's one of the best games of the generation. If you enjoy games with a great story and likable characters than this game is for you. I feel this is a GOTY contender.
  72. Oct 9, 2013
    Outstanding,amazing gameplay,extremely amazing story,Great ending,this is the perfect game.If you liked heavy rain you will love this it is a 100x better.Another outstanding game quantic dream well done.Also very emotionally gripping I felt I was in the story and you love or hate each character,you choose your path you create the story.
  73. Oct 13, 2013
    Overall a solid game. Lacks a little in the gameplay but because of it's amazing plot I can overlook that. Ellen Page's performance is mesmerising and I found myself playing for a good 4 hours strange without looking anywhere else but at the screen.
    Many reviewers have criticised the game's story telling as they found it, 'inconsistent.' At first I would have agreed with them but actually
    placing the scenes in chronological order yourself helps and actually clears many things up. This game can not and should not be compared to games like Assassin's creed, COD etc. This game is more of a narrative game rather than gameplay based.
    A must own in my opinion.
  74. Oct 12, 2013
    We're living in a time where storytelling in video games is equal to that of movies. In the case of this game the storytelling surpasses that of a movie by making the player fully invested in the characters and their fates through interaction. The story of Jodie and Aiden is an emotional one that's filled with twists, turns, and unforgettable moments. When playing this game I felt such a connection to the characters and events that I actually felt happy, sad, angry, and scared just like the characters in the game.

The way the story is told is also highly impressive. Each level takes part in a different time in Jodie's life, so you will play as adult Jodie only to jump into a part of Jodie's life as a child. The reason this is so impressive is because despite the way it jumps around in time the story is still incredibly easy to follow. Seeing all these different parts of Jodie's life help you care about the character in a way that few other video games have. Even more impressive is how you can effect how the story plays out based on choices you make, adding tons of replay value.

With such a focus on story I'm both impressed and happy to say that gameplay doesn't take back seat. Most of the gameplay revolves around quick-time events and some light (and incredibly easy) puzzle solving, but stealth sections help break up the action. Gameplay might not have been the focus here, but they included just enough to keep player feeling like they're not just watching an interactive novel. My only complaint with the gameplay comes from the more action-oriented quick-time events. Sometimes it's hard to know which way to dodge because the characters movements aren't exactly clear, and I'm not sure that there is a way to die in this game. But like I said gameplay might not have been the focus, but I feel like they did a good job of including it in.

Overall I am highly impressed with Beyond: Two Souls. It's one of the best stories to come out of a game this year and it's a heck of a lot of fun to play. In a time where many would have you to believe that a video game can't tell a story better than a movie or book, Beyond: Two Souls is one of the many games to prove those people wrong. So if you are a gamer who loves a great story, or even someone who's never played a video game but loves a great story, then I highly recommend this game. It's truly one of the most impressive experiences to come out this year.
  75. Oct 11, 2013
    Beyond Two Souls, con el sello de David Cage,y toques de Fahrenheit, también de Heavy Rain, para mi Beyond una nueva forma de hacer aventuras gráficas! Cinematográfico y emotivo! Con captura de movimiento de Ellen Page y Willem Dafoe, 2 grandes en la industria de los videojuegos! eso si a esos que solo les gusta tirar del gatillo y tirar balas balas,balas, matar, matar, matar, búscate otro juego. Expand
  76. Oct 11, 2013
    With Beyond: Two Souls, Quantic Dream have taken away the rough edges of Heavy Rains interactivity and provided us with a beautiful story, world and performances from some of the film industry’s best actors. Offering a truly interactive cinematic experience.
  77. Oct 9, 2013
    Many people are going to hate on this due to it's lack of action. With that being set this is perhaps one of the few games I feel on the edge of my seat with. I feel strong emotional ties with Jodie as I watch her grow up. The graphics are great, but the only bone I have to pick is that during a few action scenes it is much too dark for me to see. However, it is realistic. Many people won't like this game because of the lack of action but if you liked Heavy Rain you will love this game Expand
  78. Oct 9, 2013
    First of all, all the negative reviews are focusing on the fact that in this game you are an observer which i find positive, you are the observer but also get to decide on a lot of stuff she has to deal with.. Visually stunning, at some scenes even photo realistic. Ellen Page is a very good actress and managed to get me interested in her character. Also the story is not presented in a non logical way, because if you have a brain you can pick up the pieces and bind them together and it all makes sense. This game is not perfect, but if you like David Cage's previous work you will love this too, i haven't been so immersed in a game in a long time.. Expand
  79. Oct 10, 2013
    Amazing game interesting story, excellent graphics great game play and one of the biggest pluses is that it's different more like an interactive movie or novel definitely worth full price and looking very much forward what quantic will achieve on the ps4
  80. Oct 11, 2013
    First off, Beyond is more of an interactive story than a traditional game. The interaction is limited, and alot of people may not be into this type of "game". If that's the case, you'll hate it. However, if you understand what it is and what it tries to do, then Beyond is incredible. Great graphics, compelling characters, interesting story. It drew me in emotionally and kept me engrossed from start to finish. Ellen Page does an outstanding job as Jodie. I found myself genuinely caring about her and her journey. Its truly engaging watching her grow and deal with her gift. There are a couple minor control flaws, and a couple instances where you're not quite sure what you're supposed to do right away. These are quickly forgotten though as you get swept away in Jodie's life. If you've never played Indigo Prophecy or Heavy Rain, give Beyond a try. Expand
  81. Oct 11, 2013
    The story is utterly beautiful that made me tear up several times. Page and Dafoe are incredible. This game is a masterpiece. The gameplay isn't for everyone and I don't fault anyone for not liking it. I completely fell in love with it. A little into the summer i said that unless Beyond completely blows me away then The Last of Us is gonna be my Game of the Year. Well guess what? Beyond totally and utterly blew me away. Only complaint I have is the story would have been better in chronological order. Expand
  82. Oct 11, 2013
    Beyond: Two Souls is perfect. It has a mixture of every genre (military action, horror, fantasy, drama, sci-fi). Not sure what more you could want. The story is so gripping that even if my controller was turned off the whole time I wouldn't have minded. It affected me on an emotional level that I haven't really experienced in a game before, there are times when you have to make choices and it truly kills you to do so because each and every character is so relate-able and the dialogue is flawlessly written. This game has been truly robbed of the status is deserved by the critics, after playing it, what I'm reading is nothing but an absolute abomination.
    Amazing work Quantic Dream, ignore the bad reviews and keep making incredible games, your originality and spectacular attention to detail is beyond what most developers neglect to do successfully these days.
  83. Oct 16, 2013
    This is beautiful, awesome and compelling game! What game have the reviewers been playing?
    No this is not your average game, but it has great graphics, great story telling and pretty cool and unique game play.
    At first you will need to get used to the controls but after the first 2 chapters you are used to it (at least i was)
    I never thought this was going to be a game i am going to
    LOVE, like sure but LOVE... What i didn't know this game had an unique and very cool game play and the story just sucks you right in.
    I am going to be honest i never played Heavy Rain or Fahrenheit but i am sure going to play them now.
    If you love a game with a compelling story and a totally different way of playing than the 'mainstream' games, this is totally a game for you!
  84. Oct 13, 2013
    Hard to know that most negative reviews here made because of popular critics. Game is very good. Great story that raise interesting themes and gives tons of different emotions. I just had a great pleasure when i played this game. And now i only hope that David Cage won't stop make games only because of critics and negative.
  85. Oct 12, 2013
    I think the problem with reviewing something like Beyond is that some judge it as a movie, others as a game, but it really isn't either exactly. from a purely mechanical point of view, the game is very conservative and you might not get the same satisfaction as playing a game like call of duty. Yet, the game has shooting mechanics, and stealth sections, and some sections where you make choices. This is for the most part a guided experience, however you will be able to craft certain situations in different ways to vary up second playthroughs. beyond has all the trappings of any modern day gaming experience, but it is how to takes the player from A to Z that is different, unique, and worth seeing for anyone interested. Expand
  86. Oct 9, 2013
    What an incredibly original, emotionally engaging, story. The graphics are amazing and the voice acting is top notch. I found the combat mechanics to be a step up from it's predecessor Heavy Rain in this game you are forced to pay attention to what is happening around you rather than just looking for what button you have to push. I recommend this game to anyone who enjoys a great story driven gaming experience. Expand
  87. Oct 10, 2013
    This game has one of the best stories I've ever experienced, if you liked Heavy Rain you'll love this game. The game-play is a lot like Heavy Rain so if you expect anything else you might be confused.
  88. Oct 11, 2013
    One of the most brilliant stories. I love the feel of the game and how it feels like your living inside a movie or life of someone undergoing the situations potrayed in the game. Love it!!
  89. Oct 11, 2013
    Great game I love it. Awesome graphics for a PS3. That game was awesome. Everybody, who did any work on this game is a great person. I hope there will come more games from Quantic dream
  90. Oct 12, 2013
    Beyond: Two Souls gives the opportunity to live a different life and reflect on their own I can not find words to express the emotions of all who feel but I will try .
    David Cage You have created yet another exhibit of art. No idea what you went through in your life, but Beyond: Two Souls are exactly reproduced in all the emotions behind the screen I am deeply sorry for you and your
    family You have created something of genius that defies adequate criticism. Bravo !
    Themes of good and evil, heaven and hell life and death elevate Beyond: Two Souls to the top of the works created by man. Amazing music and amazing acting. Incredible story and depth of thought touched the conscious and subconscious and our humanity .
    Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls is not a game, it is an art and he belongs in the Louvre next to the Mona Lisa This is the best digital creations in the history of mankind. This is better than the movie and what ever played. It is something of an absolute genre. Absolute genre a genre that defies criticism of subjective thinking covering all known genres into a whole and is not one of them. Heavy Rain evokes emotions on the mental level. It's a drama that has to be experienced felt. evaluate every look, every gesture, intonation facial expressions lips, face, body and to empathize into the role The mystery of art and it is Heavy Rain. Beyond: Two Souls continues the narrative genius It is the model of interactive art Surely only antique dealers pay attention to gestures and hints of Beyond: Two Souls. We are given the opportunity to try on roles a person with unique abilities but not a superman but a sort of a black sheep The animation is very thin because of what this side of the screen there is a discomfort of being in the company of ordinary people because Jodie had a normal childhood Empathize with her ​​the first few seconds when the doctor called her on the edge of the lips smiling experiment subtle hints and genius thus making it clear that he sympathizes with the girl and that kind of thing does not happen the first time. Jody reluctantly follows him to leave the artificial room, where she was born and grew up. Normal office furnished in the form of a child And this kind gestures game presents over and over again Every emotion Jody and the world around her is transferred to us on this side of the screen. And this genius. Like Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls to experience and feel with every fiber of his soul. The maximum score and one of the absolute standard of the genre. Bravo
  91. Oct 12, 2013
    This Interactive Experience is near perfection. I have always been a fan of the the art created by Quantic Dream. To be able to feel the emotion created by this story as if i were actually there. The story was amazing. The interactive interface i found confusing at times where moving the analog stick in the correct direction. This could have been just me and user error. I give this 9 thumbs up. Creations of Quantic Dream should be a genre of their own. Any Negative reviews i found where chalked up the the users misconception and understanding the difference between a game and an interactive experience. Expand
  92. Oct 13, 2013
    This game is spectacular in many ways. The graphics are amazing, the gameplay is awesome, especially as Aiden and Ellen Page and Willem Dafoe did a astounding job in this game with the performance capture and voice acting. The story is well-written and intense and caught me off guard several times. There may be parts that are boring to some people but for others that's just part of the experience. Quantic Dream did a great job with this game and I'm eagerly looking forward to the next game from this company Expand
  93. Oct 13, 2013
    Beyond: Two souls has a very great story, great characters and I was sad then the game ended, just because the game was ending. I would say, it is probably one of the best games in the last few years (and I have played a lot of games). It does also focus on the emotions of the characters. The graphics is also great for a PS3 game.
  94. Oct 10, 2013
    Beyond is actually the first game which I finished in only one day. Not because it was too short, but because I simply could not stop playing it... I couldn't resist the urge to know what lies "beyond"!
    What Quantic Dream, especially of course David Cage and Ellen Page, achieved with the PS3 is simply amazing and breathtaking. Beyond takes the medium "Game" finally to the point, where we
    can say, that games can be considered a intellectual art form to which we should pay the same amount of respect then to good movies and books...
    If you appreciate movies like Donnie Darko, The Fountain, Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind or 2001: Odyssey in space, you will LOVE Beyond, because it is the best possible combination of these 4! Pure Poetry and Perfection, Biggest Respect and THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to everyone who made this possible!
  95. Oct 20, 2013
    Well, sorry, but i can't understand when reviewers say something like "lacklustre story" or "limited gameplay". Yes, story have it's problems and holes but this game made me attached to it's characters, empathize em and actually feel some emotions toward what happening on my screen. And last game (not the game as a whole, but final scene) that did it for me was Metal Gear Solid 4. Also after Heavy Rain you expect what? Duke Nukem 3D? Beyond is the same kind of interactive story as Heavy Rain were and i'm totally fine with that. Lower the game score because it's not like in your wet dreams? That's kind of strange thing in my eyes.
    As for the visual part of Beyond i don't think it's possible to pull out something more amazing from old consoles. I played Beyond right after i finished single part of GTA 5, the game was met by many reviewers as a graphical masterpiece that managed to do incredible things with that limited resources this gen consoles can offer, but i can say that Beyond is far better in my opinion. Yes, it's has it's own problems, low res textures here and there, but character models looks really amazing (while in GTA 5 i literally run away from strip club after i saw that dreadful dancers models and animation). I'm really impressed.
    As for story, i found it's good overall but i have i lot of moments that made me wonder how is that even possible. First of all i can't get some reviewers with their "What starts as an emotional, exciting story, ends up being a grotesque tidal wave of paranormal crap". Huh? It's starts with a little girl that have an invisible friend that can choke people to death. Nothing paranormal here, more along. I just can't get it. The whole story is about that, about how people look at that, about how they react at that things. Form a random boy on a street all the way up to Pentagon. But i have to be honest i have my share of problems with game story. There were a few moments i was like "why it's so random? If only i knew this before i have done things in a different way!". In the end it's explained why story is such a mess, but still you'll probably have this problem on your first walkthrough. WARNING SOME MINOR SPOILERS AHEAD! Most questions i have to some kind of weird Aiden behaviour. Looks like story sometimes forget that he is absolutely independent entity just "chained" to Jodie. Remember that Chin...oh shi~...that Whateverstan base? When Nik killed guard that was under Aiden control? And Jodie recoiled for some reason. I don't get why. Well, i could understand if Aiden get angry for that (that could be unpleasant for him) but Jodie that have nothing to do with that? Also on one hand he can stop Desert Eagle bullets fired from almost point blank range, deal with entire SWAT team prepared for combat (ok, they can't do a thing to him, but can do to Jodie) but cliche thing like baseball bat or assault rifle butt hit from behind is like ultimate move against him (worked 3 times out of 3 for me). Why? Or sometimes he is like "Whatever i'll act like i'm not even here". Like all the times while Jodie is fighting for her life Aiden must be flying around munching popcorn like "What a show! Oh my!". Otherwise i don't see a reason why he can't help. Like with first "zombie" in first condenser lab. Jodie fighting on her own, but few minutes later Aiden killing like 10 of that "zombies" (and even more entities)? Also i can't get that homeless part. Yeah, freezing on a street. Even worse, this "oh taking money to survive from ATM is such a bad thing". I can't even imagine that after 10 years of doing all that dirty jobs on CIA, including assassinations, after your country treat you like after almost everyone treat you like ****...I can believe in Max Payne story, where in situation like this you will go forward with guns blazing against all odd till the end, because you have nothing to lose at all, but i can't believe in that. Or at the end. Cole: -We are going to die anyway. Everyone:-Yeah, we get it. A minute later Cole falls and entities kill him. Jodie:-Noooooo, Cole!!!!11 WTF, aren't you get it that it's a one way trip anyway and that doesn't matter if Cole dies sooner or later? END OF SPOILERS. So as you can see there are a lot of holes and weird things in Beyond story (and i tell you just a part of it), but somehow that didn't spot me from enjoying this game so much.
    As for gameplay. Well, don't expect much. It's almost identical to Heavy Rain: QTEs, some item hunting and sometime game allow you to choose what to say (truth of lie, get angry of stay calm and etc). Not much but i wasn't hoping for something more anyway. Maybe you can say that game is short (it took me about 8 hours to finish), but it kept me playing non-stop. I started it in the morning and just after i finish it i realise that it dark outside already and i haven't eat or drink a thing for the whole day...
    So i strongly recommend this game to everyone who liked Heavy Rain or Fahrenheit. 9/10
  96. Oct 10, 2013
    we can only enjoy these kinds of game Finally something new, different and exiting !

Thanks to David Cage, people at Quantic Dreams and Sony for giving player's so much emotions.

Good work guys This game will take good place in hit of the game history of the PS3 with The last of US, GOW3, Uncharted, Heavy Rain
  97. Oct 10, 2013
    Una experiencia de juego muy buena, desde el principio el juego te atrapa, los graficos son excelentes y la historia esta muy bien, la verdad que la idea esta excelente me apasiona el juego.
  98. Oct 10, 2013
    A new, fresh approach to story telling. This game sets the standard for descriptive gameplay and engages the player with a gripping/captivating effect that is achieved by so few. The PS3 is definitly going out with a BANG! and this game proves that only until the end of a console's life cycle do developers really earn the ability to exploit the technology to the fullest. Change is something people have great difficulty with and this game proves it. Many will say it is not a game it is a movie, where is the action? but we need to understand that this is a form of art which makes it very difficult to access since it is quite uniqe. Expand
  99. Oct 10, 2013
    Awesome game. Great story, an incredible level of graphics for PS3. I got so many emotions, thank Quantic Dream- you are the best. David Cage genius, the actors are great. It`s game of the year for me and one of the favorites games for all history of videogames.
  100. Oct 11, 2013
    Just great, honestly. Beyond gorgeous movie, not very detailed and quite linear. But if you discard all the prejudices and just enjoy it all 10 of 10.One of reason for buying ps3.
  101. Oct 9, 2013

1. Dec 28, 2013
    There doesn't ever seem to be any real impact of the player's decisions, actions or failures. [Jan 2014, p.76]
  2. Dec 12, 2013
    Beyond: Two Souls is a capital failure as both a story and as a game. The adventure plays itself and the player is left to push the right buttons in the right order. The story you are rewarded with is a mess of odd writing and poor directing choices from a game creator that obviously wants to create great art but seems to be incapable of doing so. Even fans of Fahrenheit and Heavy Rain should prepare for what is unfortunately a monumental disappointment.
  3. Nov 24, 2013
    A story every Playstation owner should experience.