• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Oct 8, 2013
8.1

1. Oct 10, 2013
    First of all, this game is not for everyone... I don't know about you guys, but if i would have wanted an action game, i would not have bought Beyond Two Souls.Don't buy this game thinking you'll play a great action game....THIS IS NOT.
    From Quantic Dream, the guys who brought us Heavy Rain... what did you expected?
    Its true that this game is more like an interactive movie, and this is

Its true that this game is more like an interactive movie, and this is why i love it. I want more of these games. So different from all the game i normally play.

I had some issue with the control at the beginning, but nothing serious. I did not encounter any ''Game breaking" or "immersion breaking" glitch. My gameplay was smooth and really enjoyable.

Graphics are amazing, music is intense, moving.. and the story was way better than any movie you'll go watch in theater.
  2. Oct 9, 2013
    Ok so it's not a game like we are used to play...So??

But oh my god, this game is one of the best ever created! Every scene you play is great.We all like great movies right?So why not be part of one?

Do yourself a favour and get this game as soon as possible.

Thank you again David Cage.Thank you for this masterpiece!
  3. Oct 9, 2013
    Beyond Two Souls repeats what Heavy Rain did a few years ago. It shows a brilliant plot, stunning graphics and strong characters with an unusual fate. Such a game could appear only from Quantic Dream studio because those guys know better than others how to make you sit on the edge of your chair till the final credits.
  4. Oct 8, 2013
    Awesome graphics, beautiful gameplay, maybe a interactive novel, excellent characters great history you can felt joy, suffer and felt scary with the protagonist,
    good work for Quantic dream
  5. Oct 8, 2013
    Absolutely stunning and unique game. You will experience new variety of emotions with respect to Heavy Rain and with respect to all other games. Masterpiece and one of the mine favorite games now!
  6. Oct 8, 2013
    Best cinematic game ever. Perfect graphics ,interesting story. The combat is really challenging. And the soundtrack is one of the best soundtracks in video games .
    This is the best Quantic Dream game untill now
  7. Oct 8, 2013
    This game is fantastic! Just like heavy rain was and Indigo prophecy before it. Great graphics, story, gameplay everything! Everyone should play this game even if you're not a gamer experience this masterpiece! It's definitely worth the money reminds me a bit of the movie Carrie. Overall I recommend it I would say more but I'm not going to spoil things just know that you're not just buyingThis game is fantastic! Just like heavy rain was and Indigo prophecy before it. Great graphics, story, gameplay everything! Everyone should play this game even if you're not a gamer experience this masterpiece! It's definitely worth the money reminds me a bit of the movie Carrie. Overall I recommend it I would say more but I'm not going to spoil things just know that you're not just buying a game... You are getting an experience. Expand
  8. Oct 8, 2013
    Amazing experience, but I can't use the word game. This is an immersive storytelling masterpiece, interactive but not open. With a variety of endings and multitudes of choice throughout that serve to colour your experience rather than shape it, David Cage has taken what he learned in Heavy Rain and added polish. Page and Defoe provide excellent voice acting as you are taken on theAmazing experience, but I can't use the word game. This is an immersive storytelling masterpiece, interactive but not open. With a variety of endings and multitudes of choice throughout that serve to colour your experience rather than shape it, David Cage has taken what he learned in Heavy Rain and added polish. Page and Defoe provide excellent voice acting as you are taken on the life-long journey of Jodie and her imaginary friend Aiden. You spend the many hours uncovering the mystery of Jodie and her connection to this mysterious being that has shadowed her throughout her life.

Controls can be a bit jarring in one or two places, but QuanticDream made the interesting choice of not spoon-feeding them to you, leaving the player to figure out things on their own. This can be frustrating but is ultimately rewarding as you really feel accomplishment at what you achieve.

Amusingly many seem to have already missed the point of Beyond: Two Souls. This is not a game. If you want a sandbox, play Fallout or Skyrim, each excellent games in their own right. But here you are taking part in an immersive, interactive and stunning story. Be forewarned. Quite simply one of the best media experiences I've ever had.
  9. Oct 8, 2013
    This game is absolutely gorgeous and truly one magnificent piece of art. David Cage has delivered yet another step forward in the world of video games and for that he is applauded. This game is refreshing, bold and different. I recommend everyone to at least try the game once because although it might not be for everyone I can promise you that as soon as you begin the game you willThis game is absolutely gorgeous and truly one magnificent piece of art. David Cage has delivered yet another step forward in the world of video games and for that he is applauded. This game is refreshing, bold and different. I recommend everyone to at least try the game once because although it might not be for everyone I can promise you that as soon as you begin the game you will appreciate all the hard work put into this game. No spoilers or pros and cons in this review, this is just me letting you know that you should seriously consider giving this game a try. Expand
  10. Oct 8, 2013
    In a word: Awesome
    Graphics, animation, story, gameplay, musics... Everything is awesome.
    I found my game of the year without doubt.
    I plat with my wife, it's really good, she play jodie and I play aiden.
  11. Oct 8, 2013
    Just, amazing I can't believe that this game run on a PS3 it's so beautiful.
    the story is just amazing too, and playing with the entity (Aiden) is really enjoyable.
  12. Oct 8, 2013
    It is very strange game that doesn`t look like anything else. You can love it or you can even hate it, depends on your tastes. But it`s absolutely clear that this game is another phenomena in gaming industry. Quantic Dream delivered something unexpected even for their fans.
  13. Oct 8, 2013
    it is a truly unique experience that every gamer deserves to experience (even the critics too shallow and narrow minded to accept or comprehend it). dont listen to the haters of this game. there are many people who have this pretentious bias against ambitious cinematic, story centric games like this and also have a strong disdain for david cage. these conspiratorial individuals think he isit is a truly unique experience that every gamer deserves to experience (even the critics too shallow and narrow minded to accept or comprehend it). dont listen to the haters of this game. there are many people who have this pretentious bias against ambitious cinematic, story centric games like this and also have a strong disdain for david cage. these conspiratorial individuals think he is trying to erase all genres of gaming and will turn every game in existence into an interactive movie.

if you are not one of these people, and you are not going into this game with the sole intention of hating it, you will not only like this game, but love it. their claims that it is "a movie with no gameplay" are beyond ridiculous. there is more gameplay here than there was in heavy rain or the walking dead. Its graphics and presentation are the best the PS3 has to offer, bar none. even naughty dog's masterpeice "the last of us" isnt quite as polished in animations and visuals. the story is well paced, the characters well written, and the acting top notch. the game accomplishes what it sets out to do. no you wont be chopping off heads or shooting aliens. this is a rare genre and this game is the best it has to offer. try it for yourself.
  14. Oct 8, 2013
    This game is the reason why I sold xbox but still kept ps3. And it haven't failed me. Whoever loved Heavy rain can expect even better storytelling, incredible graphics, extraordinary atmosphere and really unique experience.
    I think that whoever have ps3 has to try at least demo, but beware, final game is much more interesting than demo.
    One of the five best games in this generation for
    One of the five best games in this generation for me with without the doubt best atmosphere.
  15. Oct 8, 2013
    A great game with a share of drama and a touch of mysticism. The gameplay is very interesting from the point of view of interaction between two characters,the game itself has a number of ways of development of the plot,natural variability, not so many as in heavy Rain,but it does not make the game worse.In conclusion to all I want to say that the game was a success and I don't understandA great game with a share of drama and a touch of mysticism. The gameplay is very interesting from the point of view of interaction between two characters,the game itself has a number of ways of development of the plot,natural variability, not so many as in heavy Rain,but it does not make the game worse.In conclusion to all I want to say that the game was a success and I don't understand who she might not like it one of the best games of the year 10/10 Expand
  16. Oct 8, 2013
    Simply put: not a game for the masses. I would hope everyone out there would be touched by it's message but as a "senior" player I know better. The story holds very deep thoughs about what lies beyond our world and how our world supposedly interacts with the other the one we don't know, but many do think it exists. Gameplay although intuitive can be a bit frustrating at first but one canSimply put: not a game for the masses. I would hope everyone out there would be touched by it's message but as a "senior" player I know better. The story holds very deep thoughs about what lies beyond our world and how our world supposedly interacts with the other the one we don't know, but many do think it exists. Gameplay although intuitive can be a bit frustrating at first but one can adopt to commands very swiftly. Graphics is top level and a thing to expect from this gen's most powerful game console. No compromises here. This equals for an excellent orchestra music. Without a doubt one of the most important(!) games till date. Expand
  17. Oct 8, 2013
    Beyond is an adventure that really touched me. Playing as Jodie and Aiden is real genious. Quantic Dream knows how to make interactive dramas. The most ambitous game of the year!
  18. Oct 8, 2013
    If you liked Heavy Rain you will love this game. It's not for everyone, but Quantic Dream is to be commended for aspiring to be something greater and far different than anything or anyone else in the industry.
    The graphics are absolutely next-gen quality,the characters are well developed, and the story and themes will make your heart break at times. Are there things I don't necessarily like? Sure, but Beyond:Two Souls greatly succeeds in spite of them. You become so wrapped up in Jodie's story that you not only deal with the flaws, but forget them completely.
    If the Last of Us showed you that emotions can be brought to life in a very real way, then Quantic Dreams' Beyond:Two Souls proves that it can permeate and completely saturate the entire length of a campaign.
  19. Oct 8, 2013
    Incredible game with really interesting, non-linear, storytelling system, charismatic characters, stunning visuals and great music. One of my favorite games this year. David Cage is a really master of his job.
  20. Oct 8, 2013
    And again, quantic dream created a new masterpiece in gaming, they never let us down in terms of interactive drama genre, all of the details of the game are so great from protagonist and the story, i am starting to like ellen page of her stunning beauty.
    The only thing makes bad in this games is the controls, it is not very suitable in ds3, but thanks to their app BEyond Touch for smartfones, the control interface of the game makes easier than using ds3
  21. Oct 8, 2013
    Best graphics, great game, history,. Simply the best. GOTY best graphics. Quantic Dream, congratulations for this work of art. For jealous people that are giving low note, my condolences.
  22. Oct 8, 2013
    Beyond the imagination, this game it`s so very very perfect, graphics, beutifull gameplay gta,cod, users not like this, because not shoot, not run, not online multiplayer) and the story it`s perfect, this game gona be, the game of the generation, not the overated GTA V.
  23. Oct 8, 2013
    One of the greatest experiences ever, just completed it only a few hours ago and already I want to replay it to see the (22) alternate endings!

Amazing game, you'd be stupid not to buy it assuming you love a good story.
  24. Oct 8, 2013
    Awesome game Great story, graphics and gameplay. Quantic Dream has crafted a really immersive and emotional experience, unlike any other I've played before. It's a must play.
  25. Oct 8, 2013
    Amazing game.How do I put this? Let me see. I played BEYOND and LOVED. l loved it.

Why? Because all this shooting, ridding, open world, headshot, deathmatch, all this stuff, IS VERY COOL, but it gets kinda boring after a while. WE NEED crazy diferent games like Heavy Rain and Beyond to unwind after GTA5, befor we can dive into WatchDogs. Then we need something crazy like South Park,

Why?

Because all this shooting, ridding, open world, headshot, deathmatch, all this stuff, IS VERY COOL, but it gets kinda boring after a while. WE NEED crazy diferent games like Heavy Rain and Beyond to unwind after GTA5, befor we can dive into WatchDogs. Then we need something crazy like South Park, befor we can go on to Killzone or Dead Rising 3.
    That is why I LOVE QUANTIC DREAM and David Cage.
    The graphics are amazing, the gameplay it THANK GOD diferent from the GTAs and CODs of this world, the history is unique and interesting, the game is fun,it drags you in and don´t let go, this is all I want from a game right now.
    Beyond is amazing, loved the demo, it really shows what kind of state our "game critics" are, they are getting more and more like music critics, giving 4 and 5s to the Bon Jovis and Def Leppards of the world and 9s and 10s to the REMs and U2s.
    I don´t care, I had enough with headshots and team deathmatches for this year, it is time to play something diferent: WELCOME BEYOND!
  26. Oct 8, 2013
    Nota 0 sem jogar? então tenho direito de dar nota 10 só pela coragem de se fazer jogos com propostas diferentes, vamos abrir a mente e sair do mesmo do mesmo. A DEMO já mostrou parte disso, espero ao final gostar ou não gostar, mas experimentar, quem disse que gostei do final de The Last of US? mas daria um 0 por que não era o que esperava?
  27. Oct 8, 2013
    Say what you want about "what is a game", but video games as an industry is YOUNG compared to other media. You would be a fool to miss out on this spectacular ride of a game that is changing how we interact with characters and story. Don't be a sheep.
  28. Oct 8, 2013
    This game is the best. David Cage is a genius. You should buy this game with your money because it is game of the year and David Cage is a genius. David Cage you genius.
  29. Oct 8, 2013
    I've never played a game that has emotionally moved me in multiple directions like this one has. Nor have a played a game that gives me the feeling that I have so much power at my fingertips than this one. So many choices I make are a reflection of who I am. This game is, in a word, engrossing. I can't put it down. My wife doesn't want me to play unless she can watch because she tooI've never played a game that has emotionally moved me in multiple directions like this one has. Nor have a played a game that gives me the feeling that I have so much power at my fingertips than this one. So many choices I make are a reflection of who I am. This game is, in a word, engrossing. I can't put it down. My wife doesn't want me to play unless she can watch because she too is engrossed in it. The acting is fantastic; the graphics are jaw-dropping, especially facial representations. The performances by all characters are super. Ellen Page and Willem Defoe are, of course, great. I really liked the homeless guy too. Playing as Aiden is intense and darkly satisfying at times. I think the camera movement for Aiden's first-person view is perfect. It gives the feel of floating or swaying back and forth like an entity, which he is. No rigid first-person mechanics here. David Cage and Quantic Dream have knocked another one out of the park with Beyond: Two Souls on all levels: gameplay, story, graphics. For me, highly anticipated and well-worth the wait. Expand
  30. Oct 8, 2013
    Beyond Two Souls is a great experience for me. Yes, this is not as great as Heavy Rain, but still it is a very good game. I can't give it lesser than 10.

1. Dec 28, 2013
    There doesn't ever seem to be any real impact of the player's decisions, actions or failures. [Jan 2014, p.76]
  2. Dec 12, 2013
    Beyond: Two Souls is a capital failure as both a story and as a game. The adventure plays itself and the player is left to push the right buttons in the right order. The story you are rewarded with is a mess of odd writing and poor directing choices from a game creator that obviously wants to create great art but seems to be incapable of doing so. Even fans of Fahrenheit and Heavy Rain should prepare for what is unfortunately a monumental disappointment.
  3. Nov 24, 2013
    A story every Playstation owner should experience.