• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Oct 8, 2013
8.1

1. Oct 8, 2013
    Awesome graphics, beautiful gameplay, maybe a interactive novel, excellent characters great history you can felt joy, suffer and felt scary with the protagonist,
    good work for Quantic dream
  2. Oct 8, 2013
    This game is fantastic! Just like heavy rain was and Indigo prophecy before it. Great graphics, story, gameplay everything! Everyone should play this game even if you're not a gamer experience this masterpiece! It's definitely worth the money reminds me a bit of the movie Carrie. Overall I recommend it I would say more but I'm not going to spoil things just know that you're not just buying a game... You are getting an experience. Expand
  3. Oct 8, 2013
    Absolutely stunning and unique game. You will experience new variety of emotions with respect to Heavy Rain and with respect to all other games. Masterpiece and one of the mine favorite games now!
  4. Oct 8, 2013
    Best cinematic game ever. Perfect graphics ,interesting story. The combat is really challenging. And the soundtrack is one of the best soundtracks in video games .
    This is the best Quantic Dream game untill now
  5. Oct 8, 2013
    Beyond is an adventure that really touched me. Playing as Jodie and Aiden is real genious. Quantic Dream knows how to make interactive dramas. The most ambitous game of the year!
  6. Oct 8, 2013
    And again, quantic dream created a new masterpiece in gaming, they never let us down in terms of interactive drama genre, all of the details of the game are so great from protagonist and the story, i am starting to like ellen page of her stunning beauty.
    The only thing makes bad in this games is the controls, it is not very suitable in ds3, but thanks to their app BEyond Touch for
    smartfones, the control interface of the game makes easier than using ds3 Expand
  7. Oct 8, 2013
    Amazing experience, but I can't use the word game. This is an immersive storytelling masterpiece, interactive but not open. With a variety of endings and multitudes of choice throughout that serve to colour your experience rather than shape it, David Cage has taken what he learned in Heavy Rain and added polish. Page and Defoe provide excellent voice acting as you are taken on the life-long journey of Jodie and her imaginary friend Aiden. You spend the many hours uncovering the mystery of Jodie and her connection to this mysterious being that has shadowed her throughout her life.

Controls can be a bit jarring in one or two places, but QuanticDream made the interesting choice of not spoon-feeding them to you, leaving the player to figure out things on their own. This can be frustrating but is ultimately rewarding as you really feel accomplishment at what you achieve.

Amusingly many seem to have already missed the point of Beyond: Two Souls. This is not a game. If you want a sandbox, play Fallout or Skyrim, each excellent games in their own right. But here you are taking part in an immersive, interactive and stunning story. Be forewarned. Quite simply one of the best media experiences I've ever had.
  8. Oct 8, 2013
    David Cage captures emotions and graphically it's fine, However the story/plot is horrible and he must of realised at last second he needed to chuck a game somewhere in it. For a game so focused on story it just did nothing for me. 1/3 ain't bad?
  9. Oct 8, 2013
    I am not even going to call this a game because it is flat out not a game. I was able to beat this movie incredibly early on and I am incredibly disappointing with the complete lack of any semblance of actual new game-play. So why pay 60 dollars for a movie with horrendous game-play when you can simply watch the entire thing on youtube for free?
  10. Oct 8, 2013
    Just, amazing I can't believe that this game run on a PS3 it's so beautiful.
    the story is just amazing too, and playing with the entity (Aiden) is really enjoyable.
  11. Oct 8, 2013
    It is very strange game that doesn`t look like anything else. You can love it or you can even hate it, depends on your tastes. But it`s absolutely clear that this game is another phenomena in gaming industry. Quantic Dream delivered something unexpected even for their fans.
  12. Oct 8, 2013
    This game is the reason why I sold xbox but still kept ps3. And it haven't failed me. Whoever loved Heavy rain can expect even better storytelling, incredible graphics, extraordinary atmosphere and really unique experience.
    I think that whoever have ps3 has to try at least demo, but beware, final game is much more interesting than demo.
    One of the five best games in this generation for
    me with without the doubt best atmosphere. Expand
  13. Oct 8, 2013
    Awesome game so far, awesome story and magnificent characters.
    After playing like 3 hours, i enjoyed everything in this game, from level design, to voice acting, emotions feel like real.
  14. Oct 8, 2013
    A great game with a share of drama and a touch of mysticism. The gameplay is very interesting from the point of view of interaction between two characters,the game itself has a number of ways of development of the plot,natural variability, not so many as in heavy Rain,but it does not make the game worse.In conclusion to all I want to say that the game was a success and I don't understand who she might not like it one of the best games of the year 10/10 Expand
  15. Oct 8, 2013
    This game is absolutely gorgeous and truly one magnificent piece of art. David Cage has delivered yet another step forward in the world of video games and for that he is applauded. This game is refreshing, bold and different. I recommend everyone to at least try the game once because although it might not be for everyone I can promise you that as soon as you begin the game you will appreciate all the hard work put into this game. No spoilers or pros and cons in this review, this is just me letting you know that you should seriously consider giving this game a try. Expand
  16. Oct 8, 2013
    In a word: Awesome
    Graphics, animation, story, gameplay, musics... Everything is awesome.
    I found my game of the year without doubt.
    I plat with my wife, it's really good, she play jodie and I play aiden.
  17. Oct 8, 2013
    This game is the best. David Cage is a genius. You should buy this game with your money because it is game of the year and David Cage is a genius. David Cage you genius.
  18. Oct 8, 2013
    Best graphics, great game, history,. Simply the best. GOTY best graphics. Quantic Dream, congratulations for this work of art. For jealous people that are giving low note, my condolences.
  19. Oct 8, 2013
    Awesome game Great story, graphics and gameplay. Quantic Dream has crafted a really immersive and emotional experience, unlike any other I've played before. It's a must play.
  20. Oct 8, 2013
    Beyond: Two Souls is a failure on many different levels. As a movie, which David Cage clearly wanted to advertise this game as, it's plot is all over the place, it's character development almost nonexistant, and it's ending absolutely ludicrous. Several glitches during my playtime caused quite a few bugs that would have broken my immersion several times, if the wooden acting from Page and Defoe hadn't already done it for me.

As a video game, I don't think I even need to explain here. Quick Time Events do not make for compelling gameplay. The Last of Us, another recent story-based game, still had a great deal of gameplay that engaged the user way more than "press X to not die" ever will. The environments are bland, and the only good character models are the ones for the main characters on screen. "Dreamcast people" come to mind frequently.

And although I'm not one to talk, if you take a look at the 10/10 reviews that have popped up for this game, you'll notice that very few of them have reviewed a single other game on here. Food for thought.
  21. Oct 8, 2013
    Really awful.

I'll try to review it objectively considering its meant to be 'an experiment', with no gameplay/interesting mechanics to speak of.

But the story was drab, graphically you would have expected more at this late stage of hardware optimisation.

Very underwhelming.
  22. Oct 8, 2013
    It's a terrible, TERRIBLE game. Controls are even worse than in Heavy Rain. You have *no idea* what you're supposed to do half the time. You have to jump over obstacles the camera doesn't show; punch characters in a doorway you assume you're supposed to scramble past; push the right-stick towards the enemy to push when it looks like Jodie is about to duck...and then there's "Aiden".

First, what's with all these game characters named Aiden lately? There are fewer than 1,584 people in the U.S. with the first name Aiden. 0.0005% of the US population. I swear I didn't even know there was such a name until Heavy Rain, Just like I didn't know children to Chicago natives had accents.

Aiden is a supernatural entity you play as from the first-person to get Jodie out of jams. She'll frequently cry, "Help me, Aiden!" and you'll be facing some awkward direction and the screen will be blurry. Now you have to float Aiden around the area with all the grace of a flying refrigerator.
    It's almost impossible to figure out what you can interact with because you have to be an inch from it to tell most of the time. To do anything, you hold R1, and move both control sticks. But you never know which direction! Sometimes you have to pull them apart, charge, and release to "zap" objects, pinch together to choke, continuously pull apart to possess enemies, rotate them...you never know what you're supposed to do.

Finally, the oldest problem in modern games, terrible writing. This is a European fan-film remake of E.T. with all the cliche's of a Hollywood chase scene, complete with no less than 5 state troopers chasing you on top of a passenger train. Why did 5 out-of-shape rent-a-cops climb on top of a train at once? And why do all of "Bakerstown"'s finest sound like Batman street thugs? Why is the SWAT team-member flailing his arms around near the explosion when he's not even on fire??? I was frequently expecting some guy to drag a fruit cart in my path so I could crash through it. Heavy Rain had a chicken coup in Walmart, after all.

Bottom line, this is a really horribly designed game, even if the main characters look very realistic (too bad they aren't memmorable--what a waste of Willem Dafoe). Don't buy it, or Sony might threaten us with more.
  23. Oct 8, 2013
    One of the greatest experiences ever, just completed it only a few hours ago and already I want to replay it to see the (22) alternate endings!

Amazing game, you'd be stupid not to buy it assuming you love a good story.
  24. Oct 8, 2013
    Wonderful graphics.
    Beautiful story.
    **** choices.
    Awesome gameplay.
    Awesome OST.
    Beyond Two Souls is the best game of all times, and obviously the Game of the Year.
  25. Oct 8, 2013
    This is how you make an interactive game. David Cage hit the old nail on the head with this one.
    The only thing that is upsetting is the controls when you have combat scenes, all others was top notch.
    Aiden the supernatural best friend of Jodie is interesting and its always interesting to see how their relationship becomes stronger. A great story, and a very impressive game.
  26. Oct 8, 2013
    Say what you want about "what is a game", but video games as an industry is YOUNG compared to other media. You would be a fool to miss out on this spectacular ride of a game that is changing how we interact with characters and story. Don't be a sheep.
  27. Oct 8, 2013
    Beyond Two Souls is an incredibly emotional and stunning experience. Throughout the game you'll often find yourself tearing up, whether it is of joy or sadness. Quantic Dream managed to create a game that binds you to its characters like few games are able to. Ellen Page's and Willem Dafoe's performance is incredible and really adds to the atmosphere. The story is really thrilling and switches from brutal action to everyday life. A unique, story-driven experience for every open-minded gamer out there. Expand
  28. Oct 8, 2013
    It's pretty sad that the game has no critic reviews.
    Anyway, here's the deal. The game is okay, but the developers showed way too much footage and spoiled way too many scenes in all the trailers they released. We ended up with a story that we know 80% of what happens in it. For a game that strives on story, it sucks that there wasn't much story to be told. By now i've used the word
    "story" quite a lot, but that's just what Beyond is: A story. An interactive one.
    It is way too linear. None of your choices influence any outcomes, unlike Heavy Rain, where every decision you made created a difference.
  29. Oct 8, 2013
    Beyond the imagination, this game it`s so very very perfect, graphics, beutifull gameplay gta,cod, users not like this, because not shoot, not run, not online multiplayer) and the story it`s perfect, this game gona be, the game of the generation, not the overated GTA V.
  30. Oct 8, 2013
    Incredible game with really interesting, non-linear, storytelling system, charismatic characters, stunning visuals and great music. One of my favorite games this year. David Cage is a really master of his job.

1. Dec 28, 2013
    There doesn't ever seem to be any real impact of the player's decisions, actions or failures. [Jan 2014, p.76]
  2. Dec 12, 2013
    Beyond: Two Souls is a capital failure as both a story and as a game. The adventure plays itself and the player is left to push the right buttons in the right order. The story you are rewarded with is a mess of odd writing and poor directing choices from a game creator that obviously wants to create great art but seems to be incapable of doing so. Even fans of Fahrenheit and Heavy Rain should prepare for what is unfortunately a monumental disappointment.
  3. Nov 24, 2013
    A story every Playstation owner should experience.