• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Oct 8, 2013
8.1

1. Oct 12, 2013
    It's not for everyone, that's for sure. If you're a gunhappy action junkie when it comes to games, you'll probably want to pass here. if you were a fan of Quantic Dreams prior games, such as Heavy Rain, you'll definitely want to give it a try. I found the game thoroughly entertaining--a story that kept me engaged until the very end. Supported by a great cast and incredible acting, this game was plenty worth my time and money. My experience with it was a 10/10, your experience may vary, of course. At least give it a try if possible check out the demo or something--you may not know what you are missing. Expand
  2. Oct 11, 2013
    Beyond: Two Souls is perfect. It has a mixture of every genre (military action, horror, fantasy, drama, sci-fi). Not sure what more you could want. The story is so gripping that even if my controller was turned off the whole time I wouldn't have minded. It affected me on an emotional level that I haven't really experienced in a game before, there are times when you have to make choices and it truly kills you to do so because each and every character is so relate-able and the dialogue is flawlessly written. This game has been truly robbed of the status is deserved by the critics, after playing it, what I'm reading is nothing but an absolute abomination.
    Amazing work Quantic Dream, ignore the bad reviews and keep making incredible games, your originality and spectacular attention to detail is beyond what most developers neglect to do successfully these days.
  3. Oct 8, 2013
    If you liked Heavy Rain you will love this game. It's not for everyone, but Quantic Dream is to be commended for aspiring to be something greater and far different than anything or anyone else in the industry.
    The graphics are absolutely next-gen quality,the characters are well developed, and the story and themes will make your heart break at times. Are there things I don't necessarily
    like? Sure, but Beyond:Two Souls greatly succeeds in spite of them. You become so wrapped up in Jodie's story that you not only deal with the flaws, but forget them completely.
    If the Last of Us showed you that emotions can be brought to life in a very real way, then Quantic Dreams' Beyond:Two Souls proves that it can permeate and completely saturate the entire length of a campaign.
  4. Oct 9, 2013
    Awesome game, the people who rated this game poorly are narrow minded. Not all games have to be shooting and killing all the time. Beyond has great graphics & an awesome story. The controls are good & work well for the game play style. Well worth playing, very good game.
  5. Oct 16, 2013
    This is beautiful, awesome and compelling game! What game have the reviewers been playing?
    No this is not your average game, but it has great graphics, great story telling and pretty cool and unique game play.
    At first you will need to get used to the controls but after the first 2 chapters you are used to it (at least i was)
    I never thought this was going to be a game i am going to
    LOVE, like sure but LOVE... What i didn't know this game had an unique and very cool game play and the story just sucks you right in.
    I am going to be honest i never played Heavy Rain or Fahrenheit but i am sure going to play them now.
    If you love a game with a compelling story and a totally different way of playing than the 'mainstream' games, this is totally a game for you!
  6. Dec 24, 2013
    My PS3 Game of the Year for 2013! Wow! The realism blew me away. To think this level of graphics and life-like character modelling is possible on a piece of outdated hardware (yes, the PS3), is unbelievable. Sure, I've just completed The Last of Us before playing this. But, wow, I didn't expect to be more amazed at this game. The emotions that is conveyed through the digitized version of Ellen Page is so strong. I cried at a few of the more touching junctures. You know, I love movies, but to be able to be a part of a movie, and have your decisions and actions affect the "movie", is really somethin special. I want a sequel to this beautiful interactive "movie". I love everything about this game, except the story was being told in a haphazard manner where the sequence of events are not played out in chronological manner, but in a jumbled-up manner. In conclusion, this is one unique game. Totally worth the experience! Expand
  7. Oct 16, 2013
    Interactive narrative for me leads people into games differently however for me this was the pinnacle of what I want in a game a story I loved with incredible voice acting and drastically improved graphics from Heavy Rain. This is my game of the generation in my opinion the ultimate swan song for the PS3.
  8. Dec 30, 2013
    The story and graphics are fantastic, the story gripped me instantly and I cannot wait to replay this game as there was so many different ways each scene could have ended and lots of hidden things to see and do in them,
  9. Dec 21, 2013
    As soon as I completed this game I felt compelled to write a review so here I am. Put short beyond two souls is feaking amazing, the character development, the story, graphics, audio everything is top notch and so well done the game is nothing short of a masterpiece and quite easily my favourite game of this generation by quite a distance. Its hard to describe just how good this game is. Word of warning though this game is all about the story, so if stories arent your thing and your prefer open world games etc then look elsewhere Expand
  10. Oct 9, 2013
    Ok so it's not a game like we are used to play...So??

But oh my god, this game is one of the best ever created! Every scene you play is great.We all like great movies right?So why not be part of one?

Do yourself a favour and get this game as soon as possible.

Thank you again David Cage.Thank you for this masterpiece!
  11. Oct 27, 2013
    Ellen Page really transforms this game into a true emotional experience. While the story is a bit choppy at first due to being split into different parts which aren't playing in the order they happened in, it eventually all comes together in one big, heart-tearing finale.

While it has some minor flaws in pacing and isn't very challenging, I definately recommend it to anyone who enjoys
    games such as Heavy Rain or the Telltale Games.

Don't let bad reviews scare you away.
    Play the demo and you'll see for yourself that this game is a true gem.
  12. Oct 8, 2013
    Awesome game so far, awesome story and magnificent characters.
    After playing like 3 hours, i enjoyed everything in this game, from level design, to voice acting, emotions feel like real.
  13. Oct 12, 2013
    Beyond two souls is an incredible gaming experience the story is a well driven emotional rollercoaster. Once again quantic dream delivered a brilliant and incredible game. They deliver a game which has an outstanding story supported by a brilliant cast Ellen Page did an incredible job as Jodie Holmes. The graphics is mind blowing the detail is incredible. The controls is easy to adapt to. This has to be one of the greatest games I have ever played and one of the best games of 2013. Simply ignore the bad reviews those people don't know what a good game is about. Beyond two souls was a great expierence if u loved heavy rain then beyond two souls is for u. This is a must have game for every die hard gamer of a PS3. Expand
  14. Oct 8, 2013
    it is a truly unique experience that every gamer deserves to experience (even the critics too shallow and narrow minded to accept or comprehend it). dont listen to the haters of this game. there are many people who have this pretentious bias against ambitious cinematic, story centric games like this and also have a strong disdain for david cage. these conspiratorial individuals think he is trying to erase all genres of gaming and will turn every game in existence into an interactive movie.

if you are not one of these people, and you are not going into this game with the sole intention of hating it, you will not only like this game, but love it. their claims that it is "a movie with no gameplay" are beyond ridiculous. there is more gameplay here than there was in heavy rain or the walking dead. Its graphics and presentation are the best the PS3 has to offer, bar none. even naughty dog's masterpeice "the last of us" isnt quite as polished in animations and visuals. the story is well paced, the characters well written, and the acting top notch. the game accomplishes what it sets out to do. no you wont be chopping off heads or shooting aliens. this is a rare genre and this game is the best it has to offer. try it for yourself.
  15. Oct 11, 2013
    A game like GTA V gets relatively no articles nor low scores for its overrated story and violence which is more closer to reality then this game or any other. Yet Beyond Two Souls gets mentioned in an article for its violence and then reviewed poorly. Media is killing the real art as we know it. Yeah it doesn't have much gameplay as you would expect..it plays more like a shooting arcade/gallery game (think Virtual Cop or House of the dead), with bits of walking, but its the story and characters that matter most. There is interaction which classifies it as a game and I for one love it and highly recommend it to anyone who appreciates great storytelling and compelling characters. The highlights were the charming Ellen Page, acting veteran Willem Dafoe and of course Aiden especially. Beautiful graphics that make the PS3 still shine and wonderful moments of human perseverance. Expand
  16. Oct 20, 2013
    This isn't a game so much as an experience. Not only is this one of the best presented games on this generation of consoles, it arguably has some of the most powerful storytelling available in modern gaming. Whether you buy, rent or borrow, this game is a must play.

Looking forward to playing Quantic dreams next entry.
  17. Dec 27, 2013
    Whether defined as visual novel, interactive movie of video game, Beyond: Two Souls is undoubtedly excellent entertainment. What's more, Quantic Dream have done incredible work pushing the PS3 (by now "outdated hardware" to its limits) with amazingly high production values. As a fan of Heavy Rain and Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy) I can only recommend.
  18. Oct 15, 2013
    Very emotional game. I have a best experience with interractive movie with my friends. Estimates stupid and listen to the opinions of others, instead of his an idiotic action.
  19. Oct 9, 2013
    Don't believe the criticism sites Beyond is the Beyond is maybe most important of the game playstation history. Emotional, sensitive and stunning.. Thanks Quantic Dream..
  20. Oct 10, 2013
    Beyond is actually the first game which I finished in only one day. Not because it was too short, but because I simply could not stop playing it... I couldn't resist the urge to know what lies "beyond"!
    What Quantic Dream, especially of course David Cage and Ellen Page, achieved with the PS3 is simply amazing and breathtaking. Beyond takes the medium "Game" finally to the point, where we
    can say, that games can be considered a intellectual art form to which we should pay the same amount of respect then to good movies and books...
    If you appreciate movies like Donnie Darko, The Fountain, Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind or 2001: Odyssey in space, you will LOVE Beyond, because it is the best possible combination of these 4! Pure Poetry and Perfection, Biggest Respect and THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to everyone who made this possible!
  21. Oct 9, 2013
    If you're slightly interested in this game, go for it. It's a masterpiece, and like a groundbreaking work, it has to fight through conventional wisdom to get to the right audience. "Beyond" will be around for years. Don't wait. (Played through it in two long sessions, but would go back again for different choices and bonus items.)
  22. Dec 27, 2013
    This game packs a graphical punch similar to Uncharted 2. This game along with gt6 is one of the reasons I'm disappointed with the next gen consoles so far. The story is extremely deep and teaches you a lot of things about life you may never of even considered. However, the experience isn't really about you. It's about the main character and all your decisions inevitably shape the same inevitable story until the very end. Their are stunning vistas in this game from all over the U.S including some places you can traverse by horseback(only in one section of the game). The main problem is their is very little replayability and no punishment for making mistakes. The choose your own adventure style of heavy rain is instead replaced with one of the most beautiful action packed games on the ps3. Expand
  23. Oct 13, 2013
    Hard to know that most negative reviews here made because of popular critics. Game is very good. Great story that raise interesting themes and gives tons of different emotions. I just had a great pleasure when i played this game. And now i only hope that David Cage won't stop make games only because of critics and negative.
  24. Oct 19, 2013
    First of all, if you're just a gamer that wants to blast people's heads off than this may not be your type of game.
    But with amazing graphics, a very good story line and a really good cast of actors this games grabs you at the beginning and doesn't let go of you till the end credits. This game made me play for 8 hours straight with a little break in between, but that's really rare for
    games these days.

People say the game is short, but it's not shorter than any other single player story of any other game.

To everyone who's looking for a nice game to play with a very good story, I recommend this game.
  25. Oct 19, 2013
    This game was an amazing experience for me, and if it weren't for The Last of Us I would have easily chosen this game as Game of the Year. This is without a doubt the best looking game on the PS3, nothing comes close. In terms of gameplay I would give the nodge to The Last of Us, but in terms of cinematics I would give it to Beyond: Two Souls. In terms of story I would give it to the Last of Us but it's very close. In terms of soundtracks Beyond: Two Souls wins this easily. Expand
  26. Oct 10, 2013
    7.4 by metacritic? Are you kidding me? This game is awesome! This is a masterpiece by David Cage! second in a row)! It is so touching and gives you more emotions then all callofduties and gtas together! It looks amazing, it keeps you involved for hours and it makes you say WOW! every 5 minutes. I don't know what person you should be to give less than 9.0 to this game. Probably a person without PS3 or some #iveplayeddemoanditsnotfun wierdos... No offence. Quantic Dream rules! Bravo mr. Cage! Expand
  27. Oct 18, 2013
    Video games as art? This is stunning and definitive proof.

This game moved me. I've never experienced anything on PC or consoles that evoked the spectrum of emotions 'Beyond' did. Nothing even comes close. The AAA graphics, the story, Ellen Page's brilliant acting, the musical score and the story were all put together in a way that no other game has ever managed, nor likely even
    attempted.

Having experienced (and enjoyed) Quantic Dream's Heavy Rain from 2010, I knew what to expect from 'Beyond' in terms of gameplay. I knew it wasn't going to be a frenetic button masher or an adventure game like Uncharted or Tomb Raider. Heavy Rain was, when you get down to it, merely a medium for interactive story-telling, and it did this pretty well. 'Beyond' follows along these lines, but does it far, far better.

Before even thinking about purchasing 'Beyond: Two Souls', you really need to know what it is and what it isn't, and you need to know what you're looking for from it. This is not a game you'll be 'challenged' by in the typical sense, where you're presented with entertaining obstacles and your enjoyment is derived largely by overcoming them. It never set out to do that or promised this sort of experience. Instead, 'Beyond' offers to fully immerse you in a story and its main character like no other game or movie before it could ever hope to accomplish.
  28. Oct 15, 2013
    I saw too many ones complaining that there are no consequences failing an action, that there is no game over or whatsoever, that the game still go onward even failing something, I wonder if these BIG MINDS have thought that SOMETHING COULD CHANGE between successfully completing one action or failing it completely... of course the game keeps going on the same but wonder a bit if something could have been different succesfully completing an action...please. I wonder if the game has been made for an higher IQ tier than the average of the gamers here complaining is.

My only complaint goes to Aiden's movement which I find it could have been slightly improved, everything else is a true masterpiece and I'm gonna rate this game 10 out of 10 to help close the mouth to "closed mind" ones.

After a second playthrough I have to admit it completely, David Cage is a visionary genius and I invite every "professional" non "oiled" reviewer to take a look at this interview http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2013-09/04/david-cage-beyond-two-souls maybe this could clear their view on the "consequences" of actions and on the "why" people playing this game could feel to actually watch a movie while instead their are playing a game, is an interview in which Cage explains why every playthrough is a set piece of experience and why someone playing the game could experience something that other ones playing the very same game doesn't, the basis on which I can legit BS every "review" complaining about a game which is way too sophisticated to be understood at a first glance, this game can be played ten times without digging everything's inside, simply DO NOT LISTEN TO DETRACTORS AND LIVE THIS EXPERIENCE if you have an open mind and enough sensitivity, you won't regret it, just don't expect a classic FPS or TPS nor compare this game to more usual ones, here the skills are not everything and are put under test in a different way, hormone-driven teenagers, FPS lovers and basic minds should avoid it.

Thanks D. Cage, I must repeat myself, you are a visionary genius and this game have just only one BIG defect, sooner or later it comes to an end.
  29. Oct 11, 2013
    I knew this one is definitly not a game for everyone.

The graphics are just beautiful, the acting is pretty good and the story is exciting. I watched myself playing this game for 6 hours non-stop because the rememberable moments just didn't stop coming. It's a extremely immersive adventure well... if you're into those kinda emotional stories. There's little action and the controls are
    original and not more than unusual but very, very far from "unplayable" like some people are suggesting.

Like Heavy Rain and The Walking Dead Beyond: Two Souls has little gameplay, but great, emotional storytelling. And in the end of the day... not everyone just loves to enjoy a good story with an original way of playing rather than having powerful, actionpacked gameplay with familiar controls.
  30. Jan 1, 2014
    You can not go into this game expecting any other sort of game. This is not a game about combat, and sandbox features. This is a purely story driven game.
    Don't judge Mario for the story, Don't judge Call of Duty for historical accuracy, Don't judge this game because it's unlike others.
  31. Oct 16, 2013
    During this last year of the current generation of consoles, I've been in awe with the quality of games (see my review history) that I have been so lucky to play and ultimately enjoy.....Beyond Two Souls stands at the top of this list-- the story, the characters, the voice acting and the game play is so brilliant and done with such elegance that it deserves the "10" I have given it....My only reservation is that there are gamers out there who will not buy this game based solely on the misguided tepid reviews of a few critics and users--trust me, they have made a bad call-- and that is a shame because they will be losing out on one of the best journeys they can take in gaming--- Be warned--this is not your typical black op/fantasy/ science fiction shooter or slow mo blood and gore epic-- It is a compelling, emotional trip you take with this young girl (young and older Jodie played so well by both actresses) and you can only do that because of the excellent production values of this story....Thank-you Quantric--it was an awesome experience Expand
  32. Oct 11, 2013
    Brings Gaming to a whole new level as a story telling medium. The acting/ mocap and realism of the characters and level of detail that went through to making this game is astounding. Not to mention the graphics are the best on consoles to date.
  33. Oct 8, 2013
    Nota 0 sem jogar? então tenho direito de dar nota 10 só pela coragem de se fazer jogos com propostas diferentes, vamos abrir a mente e sair do mesmo do mesmo. A DEMO já mostrou parte disso, espero ao final gostar ou não gostar, mas experimentar, quem disse que gostei do final de The Last of US? mas daria um 0 por que não era o que esperava?
  34. Oct 11, 2013
    Captivating. This game is everything The Walking Dead by Felltale Games tried to be. Beautiful in every aspect acting, story, graphically, and lives to tell a story. The flaws presented in this game are flaws that The Walking Dead shared, but people ignored. I am willing to ignore the flaws due to the minor fact that my choices had some impact, unlike they did in The Walking Dead.
  35. Oct 12, 2013
    Game of the Year for me. Ellen Page and William Dafoe were transcendent. Quantic Dream have done the impossible. The game made me sad (many of times), laugh, and nervous. I have never felt that kind of emotion from a video game. Thank you for the amazing experience and thank you Playstation for keeping TRUE storytelling in gaming alive. These types of games make the Playstation ecosystem the special place that it is to play games. The graphics and the gameplay were fantastic and people that are complaining about the gameplay need to go back to their shooters. This type of experience is for a mature audience that can handle narrative without a gun. I really am lost for words. All i can say is Thank You and please SONY, lets think about adding QD as a first party. Expand
  36. Oct 31, 2013
    I really love this game. Beyond: Two Souls is a good example of how games are getting grown-up. Unique, highly emotional and very, very touching. The game doesn't focus on game-play, as it is pretty simple, but tells a wonderful movie-like story. You can really feel what Jodie, the main protagonist, is feeling in every situation and you really pity her a lot. The brilliant soundtrack does the rest and even make your tears come. Actually it's an interactive movie. In my opinion the graphics could be a little bit better I know that good graphics don't make a good game, but this game would be so much more realistic with it. If there'll be more exclusives like this on the PS4, I will definitely buy it. I also bought the PS3 more or less just because of games like The Last of Us or Journey. So I'd really love to see more of such games, as they are very rare Expand
  37. Apr 24, 2014
    A little late with this review, but boy was it worth it!
    I do not know what game the magazines are playing, but its certainly not this one. Great game if you like games for the story and twists. Obviously, if you like Heavy rain, you will love this. AMAZING graphics for a ps3, they are pretty much next gen. I would pitch this game as an interactive movie. Acting is top notch and
    characters are very believable. Expand
  38. Oct 20, 2013
    Best game I have seen in a long time. Beautiful graphics, realistic character animations, gripping story line.

I stayed up all night and went through the entire game, and then I went out and bought another two copies for my friends, because that is how good this is. I want everyone to experience this, because this is what a good game is.
  39. Dec 11, 2013
    Amazing story, incredibly acted. I had a lot more fun and felt a lot more emotions playing this than Heavy Rain, which was praised so much. I would definitely rate this one higher than the shallow Heavy Rain. Review sites giving this low reviews should be ashamed of themselves. Average User Scores are a lot more reliable on most occasions!
  40. Oct 11, 2013
    After each hour spent on this game, I get different emotions, sometimes it's sadness, joy, loneliness, despair.
    Project is unique, but not for everyone.
    The actors are great, good story, good music, graphics and design are lovely. ambitious project.
  41. Oct 15, 2013
    Play the game before you read anything. It is beautiful. This has to be 150 characters so I am just going to add stuff here but seriously, dont read anything to spoil this beautiful story about life.
  42. Oct 14, 2013
    Absolutely amazing game I'm shocked by some of the review scores. I honestly feel like it was penalised for not fitting the CoD mold.

If you have played any of Quantic Dream's games you'll know you'll love this if you haven't, it's not a shooter and it's not a standard adventure game. There is plenty of gameplay though and an amazing story that's incredibly well presented.

My one
    warning would be that if you cannot stand QTE's (though I thought they were well done in this) there are a lot. Expand
  43. Oct 13, 2013
    Beyond: Two Souls is an epic game that tells an awesome story. The game has the best graphics of this console generation, the acting is great, the plot too. If you are a movie fan and you don't mind the Heavy Rain type of gameplay with more things to do (like stealth runs or controlling a vehicle), you just have to buy this game! You won't regret this.
  44. Oct 14, 2013
    I'm honestly surprised at how polarized the reviews for this game are. It is especially obvious at how much of a masterpiece this game is when you pop in Heavy Rain (as I did immediately after I beat BTS). The disparity in the amount of detail in the graphics, story, and ambition between the two games is staggering. To think this is how I felt when I first played through Heavy Rain says a lot. Beyond Two Souls simply pushes the PS3 to the limits in terms of graphical power. The storyline is incredible (I loved the twist at the end), and the voice-acting by Ellen Page and William Defoe is top-notch. It's like an amazing ten-hour sci-fi flick, only more involving due to the cool gameplay mechanics Quantum has incorporated into the game. You can switch back and forth almost at any point between Jodie (Ellen Page) and Aiden (a spirit she can communicate with that is tethered to her body), so this presents exciting moments throughout the campaign where you'll have to take over people's bodies, remember a dead person's last moments, or my personal favorite, help the living communicate with their dead family members. The latter of those abilities leads to some of the most emotional moments in ANY videogame. The variety of things you have to do, the locales you visit, and the people you meet keep everything fresh for the entire campaign. Things really pick up after the first hour or so and never really let up. I disagree with some of the negative reviews saying the story was convoluted. Once again play Heavy Rain and you'll see how superior this game is to that one. Don't hesitate in playing BTS. It is one of the best interactive experiences you can have. Expand
  45. Oct 8, 2013
    A great game with a share of drama and a touch of mysticism. The gameplay is very interesting from the point of view of interaction between two characters,the game itself has a number of ways of development of the plot,natural variability, not so many as in heavy Rain,but it does not make the game worse.In conclusion to all I want to say that the game was a success and I don't understand who she might not like it one of the best games of the year 10/10 Expand
  46. Oct 9, 2013
    Wow, what a brilliant game. I'm surprised they were able to make this game looks this good on this really old hardware. The graphics and animations were top-notch. The story was emotionally gripping and beautifully written. Ellen Page & William Dafoe did a fantastic job doing the motion captures & voices for their characters. Quantic Dream developed an innovative & unique experience that you will never see anywhere else. It is refreshing to see a game like this being released in an era full of shooters. If you're a fan of great story-telling, I highly recommend this game. It's one of my favourites of all-time now. Definitely a GOTY contender. Expand
  47. Oct 29, 2013
    Beyond Two Souls is a truly remarkable game. I feel like because of this, it deserves a slightly different review. I will still give my regular opinions; however, if you, in reading my previous reviews, find yourself to have a similar taste in games to myself, I recommend that you do not read this review. I bought and played Beyond Two Souls having read virtually nothing about it, and I think that jumping in without knowing what to expect made the experience a lot better. I can tell you that it is not perfect, not by a long shot, but it excels in so many areas that it is easy to overlook the flaws. In addition, this game dethrones my personal game of the year, Bioshock Infinite.

At this point, I will begin my review as per usual. So, what is it, exactly, that makes Beyond Two Souls such a great title? To start, the mechanics of the game are completely alternative. People have been very hesitant to do so much as label it as a 'game', simply because it changes the way we normally interact with virtual worlds. Beyond Two Souls is a game/movie hybrid, it focuses on story and emotion more than gameplay. You can deal with people and events in your own time and way, without being restricted to an extremely linear path, such as with watching a movie. Some people found this to be unpleasant, having to actually interact with a movie. (I feel like people constantly ask for different games, ones that differ from the oh-so-familiar 'stare down a scope for 10 to 15 hours'; however, when they are presented with something like Beyond Two Souls, an abundant portion rejects any change to their traditional experience.) I found it to be a very innovative and interesting way to tell a story and to truly allow players to connect with characters in a way that's virtually impossible though movies or other forms of media.

The graphics and music are both spot-on. I can't remember a single moment where the music was not fitting for whatever event, good or bad, was transpiring. It is not just ambiance either, the tracks are good enough to be listened to independently. The visuals in Beyond Two Souls are undoubtedly the best I have ever seen on the PS3. This may be partially due to the cinematic cameras that appear often due to the game's nature. The environments were diverse and the art direction was appropriate (nothing over the top, but the world was able to speak for itself).

The preface of the story is the connection of Jodie to a spiritual entity, Aiden. During the game, you take control of both Jodie and Aiden, and are able to shape the story though each of them. As you are able to take control of either character, you can use Aiden to assist other desperate people, or to kill anyone who opposes you. Almost all combat is done through Aiden, who uses his unique abilities to protect Jodie from harm (whether that be choking someone out, or pulling down an entire helicopter).

Characters, despite other elements, are no doubt the most fantastic part of Beyond Two Souls. I have never felt very bad for people who don't exist, or sorry that I made certain choices in a virtual world. However, Beyond Two Souls completely obliterates that desensitized state of mind by connecting you with characters as if they were real human beings. Multiple times I basically berated myself over bad choices I made, because Beyond Two Souls is unforgiving, and ergo, will force you to 'live' with the consequences. This is partially due to the Hollywood cast of Ellen Page and Willem Dafoe, who do an exceptional job of conveying character and expressing the director's vision.

Although the flaws are easy to overlook with so many strong points, a few were glaringly obvious. First of all, you are punished for not pushing your joystick in the right direction in quick-time events, and there is sometime no clear indication of what way you are actually supposed to be pressing it. And when I say punished, I mean you will literally miss certain parts of the story. Being a bit of a controller inept, this was a problem for me. Secondly, there are a few glitches that you might need to prepare yourself for. The game does suffer from rare crashes, and if in rare cases may affect your savegame. This happened to me, but luckily I had saved just a few moments earlier. I am sure this will be patched soon, so please make sure to update the game (if you buy it).

Overall, I would highly recommend Beyond Two Souls to mature gamers who enjoy games similar to those made by Telltale, or to those who can appreciate more story-oriented games.
  48. Oct 8, 2013
    I've never played a game that has emotionally moved me in multiple directions like this one has. Nor have a played a game that gives me the feeling that I have so much power at my fingertips than this one. So many choices I make are a reflection of who I am. This game is, in a word, engrossing. I can't put it down. My wife doesn't want me to play unless she can watch because she too is engrossed in it. The acting is fantastic; the graphics are jaw-dropping, especially facial representations. The performances by all characters are super. Ellen Page and Willem Defoe are, of course, great. I really liked the homeless guy too. Playing as Aiden is intense and darkly satisfying at times. I think the camera movement for Aiden's first-person view is perfect. It gives the feel of floating or swaying back and forth like an entity, which he is. No rigid first-person mechanics here. David Cage and Quantic Dream have knocked another one out of the park with Beyond: Two Souls on all levels: gameplay, story, graphics. For me, highly anticipated and well-worth the wait. Expand
  49. Oct 19, 2013
    I don't typically review games, but I felt the need to do so for Beyond: Two Souls.
    The game was absolutely fantastic. As a huge fan of the Mass Effect series, and others that pride themselves on the element of player-choice, I was blown away by the options presented within this game. The choices flow organically, and often times, the player isn't even aware that another choice could have
    been made.
    After having sat three people down to play a segment of the game, I've watched the same scenario play out three different ways.
    The story itself was also absolutely fantastic, and very compelling. Beyond: Two Souls might be the most 'human' game I've ever played. The story, and events within it, have this awesome way of beginning as this nice, innocent scenario, and spiraling into something dark and catastrophic.
    The only negative aspect, and this can vary from person to person, as it didn't bother me, or those I've spoken to about it, is the gameplay, or rather lack thereof. I personally wouldn't even consider this point topical, though, given the commercial success of games such as The Walking Dead, or Heavy Rain before it.
    If you enjoy stories, of any sort, then you owe it to yourself to try this game out.
    Excellent writing, beautiful graphics, amazing set-pieces, and a very emotional, compelling narrative.
  50. Oct 20, 2013
    okay as a veteran game player of all systems and a extreme veteran of the ps3. I can honestly say without a doubt that Beyond: Two Souls is my favorite ps3 games of all time. And i can give you a few reasons why. WARNING: I have not played Heavy Rain which is apparently better but just hear me out. Ok lets start with one of my favorite featurs of the game. The somewhat funny entity Aiden. He is Conected to our protaganist. He is mostly used in situations of dire need from our main character. And although he is just a entity that NEVER talks in the game. You can tell he has emotion. In many cases in this game he gets angry from the people around him. He also gets mad when people mess with Our Protaganist Jodie. Now Lets get onto the next subject which is Jodie herself. She plays alot like the characters from The Walking Dead games. she can interact with her enviroment in ways that could change the game. She has alot of emotion and you can hear it in the voice actresses voice. Ok now lets get into gameplay. The game itself plays alot like a typical TellTale Games adventure game.(press this button to pick up this etc.) But with a twist of adding combat into the mix. It freshens up the style of a adventure game but retains the adventure games great features. One of the great things about the combat is real simple and not over complicated. It doesnt make you fell pressured like in rpgs. Ok now lets move into the story. This has been the main complaint of the game. The fact that you play the story jumbled up into different parts is confusing to some and great to people like me. It also freshens up the regular adventure game elements leving you to figure out what order things happen in. But if you do not like that there is also a timeline to help you. The story missions vary from five minutes, to what seems like 2 hours. Also the story makes you feel attatched to all the characters and you feel the emotions they do. If Jodie is scared your scared to. Ok lets move into the graphics. And they are nothing shorter then the best damn graphics I have ever seen. For a game on the slowly dying ps3 it looks better then most ps4 games announced. You can see every detail on every character. It makes the game so much better. Overall Beyond Two Souls is the best PS3 game i have ever played with beautiful graphics. a gripping story. and freshened up adventure game style gameplay with new combat style. Which is why i give it a ten out of ten. Go out and buy this game if you havent already Expand
  51. Oct 11, 2013
    Amazing! Just simply amazing! This game is amazing from start to finish with only a couple of bumps in the road. Quantic Dream has done it again and brought fourth a revolutionary game.
  52. Oct 13, 2013
    Beyond Two Souls is a great experience for me. Yes, this is not as great as Heavy Rain, but still it is a very good game. I can't give it lesser than 10.
  53. Oct 14, 2013
    Your mileage may vary, but for me, the game is transcendent.

It transcends both video games and movies to become something greater than either medium would ever be by themselves. I'm an avid gamer (I have 400+ Steam games, 400+ iOS games, and 100+ console games). Yet--to speak for myself--*I* found this game far more moving, thought-provoking, meaningful, and entertaining than many
    other games (including Super Mario Galaxy 1-2, Grand Theft Auto 4-5, The Last of Us, and others).

I can only compare it to Heavy Rain, The Walking Dead, or the Metal Gear Solid series: deep rich stories that have themes and messages that convey something of lasting meaning; something beyond the mindless (but fun) shooting and platforming of other titles.

I will remember this game for years to come. There are few works of fiction of any medium for which I can say the same.

If you like a rich deep story line and don't care about a lack of "agency" (it's always illusory in video games, anyway--there are always incredibly restrictive rules on game play), then this is *the* game of the seventh generation. The comparably minor errors in execution and direction can be ignored, when viewed in light of the whole.

Indeed, the question of whether this qualifies as a game is, like Dear Ester, a largely irrelevant and pedantic: It entertains. It provokes thought. It is emotionally moving. And it illustrates that games--like cinema or literature--can be taken seriously as a medium to both entertain and enlighten.

It seems to me that most reviewers of this game have profoundly and tragically missed the point.

I've tentatively come to the conclusion that most people who dislike Beyond do so because they cannot (or will not) accept the game on its own terms: They have certain expectations of video games, and deviation from well-established norms vexes them. So, for instance, they demand interactivity, even when accepting passivity allows a far more compelling and moving narrative.

In contrast, other people are more flexible (with regards to their expectations of the medium). For instance, the "passivity" of playing Beyond did not bother me in the slightest. I knew what I was getting into, and I knew it was worth the tradeoff: there has been only one other title in forty years of gaming history that provides an experience comparable to Beyond: Two Souls, and it was released three years ago (Heavy Rain).

I believe that many reviewers, given their larger than average exposure to the medium are even less tolerant that other players of certain deviations from gameplay norms. This, I think, explains the large divergence of opinions on metacritic, and the (to me) inconceivably low average the game currently has (a mere 73 for the professionals, and 78 for gamers).

Like the criticism that the game strips the player of freedom/agency, I do not think the others have merit:

I consider the script to be impeccable. I have noticed no plot holes, and very few problems with the dialogue. It is telling that David Cage took a year of 12-14-hour days to write it and that it is 2000 pages in length.

I consider Page's acting to be truly and deeply awe-inspiring. I cannot praise her highly enough. She memorized 30-40 pages of dialogue each day. She had very little time to prepare and rehearse. She often had to juggle different emotional responses to the situations (e.g., playing the part one way in a scene and playing it another way in the same scene). Yet, despite these challenges, her acting is consistently of the highest professional quality. I have noticed no flaws in her performance; it is (along with William Dafoe's performance) very much in keeping with her Academy Award for Best Actress. I consider her to be the most talented actress I've seen.

I also think that the myriad ad hominem attacks against David Cage seem entirely unwarranted. He does not try to impose his views on others. Rather, he is merely passionate, has a vision he believes in, and is outspoken in his beliefs. He believes that gaming can, like cinema or literature, change the world (or try to). This is not arrogant; it is noble.

Moreover, the game has other strengths that seem to be overlooked by many:

- The social commentary is entirely warranted, and appropriately biting.
    - The graphical quality of the game is the best of any on a console.
    - The story is incredibly moving and thought-provoking. The narrative was very easy for me to follow, despite the non-chronological presentation.
    - There is a wide range of different locales and gameplay dynamics employed.

To put it succinctly (and a little melodramatically):

For me, the game is both a reminder and illustration of the many challenges and the triumphs, the sadnesses and joys that life has to offer. For me, it's life affirming, and I consider it deep, rich and meaningful. There are almost no other games (and few movies and books, for that matter) for which I can say the same.

Take a chance: play this game.
  54. Oct 8, 2013
    One of the greatest experiences ever, just completed it only a few hours ago and already I want to replay it to see the (22) alternate endings!

Amazing game, you'd be stupid not to buy it assuming you love a good story.
  55. Oct 16, 2013
    Beyond two souls review: this game is for people like me who think story is one of the most important things for a game to be entertaining. It's kind of like a quick time event story with Jodie while you almost have full control of Aiden. The story is so engaging and the emotions throughout the game are sensational. As far as genre goes it is really the whole package, it ranges from explosive action scenes to surprisingly creepy scenes. However the type of game it is is definitely not for everyone, including myself since I usually play more action oriented games so if I was giving it a score based on my style of games I would give it about an 8 but I know better then to give a review on a game just because I have a different opinion on games so for what it is it definitely deserves a 10. The only negative is that the controls for Aiden are a little hard to control sometimes and take some time to get used to. All around a 10 out of 10! Expand
  56. Oct 9, 2013
    A great send off to the PS3 such a great game the gameplay and way the story progresses may confuse you at first but once you get use to it it's a truly unique gaming experience.
  57. Oct 8, 2013
    This game is fantastic! Just like heavy rain was and Indigo prophecy before it. Great graphics, story, gameplay everything! Everyone should play this game even if you're not a gamer experience this masterpiece! It's definitely worth the money reminds me a bit of the movie Carrie. Overall I recommend it I would say more but I'm not going to spoil things just know that you're not just buying a game... You are getting an experience. Expand
  58. Oct 20, 2013
    I'm giving it a 10 because it does what it sets out to do perfectly.
    People are come expecting a game or a movie and its not either of them. It's an interactive story that uses a game as its medium because lets face it, as a book or movie it would be crap.
    Critics fail to see that just because its medium is a game, it doesn't have to be reviewed as such.
    The overall story despite being
    interesting is not very good, what is very good is the story of every separate mission. The 'game' could be told as 20 fantastic short stories.
    obviously voice acting and character appearance are great.
    The character of Jodie is very well thought out. i did care about Jodie. this lead to me making decisions i think Jodie would make, not what i'd like her to make.
    Aiden is a something I don't think I've seen done before and actually adds some good mechanics to a game thats not about mechanics. When you learn that thing about Aiden then think about all the things he's done for you despite that thing.
    If i was rating this as a game it'd score low but I'm not so taking what it is into account, its a ten
  59. Oct 13, 2013
    Beyond: Two Souls is genuinely an unforgettable experience in turns of telling a beautifully crafted story and an emotionally intrigued gameplay interaction with both Jodie and Aiden. The variety of choices you engage through the journey really brings the characters and environments to life, and Quantic Dream did a phenomenal job in leading my senses connected with these choices throughout the entire game from start to finish! I just cannot recommend this game enough to anyone who's looking for a unique gaming experience, not the usual triple A title you often see or hear from media or game critiques alike. I also really look forward to the next IP the team will be bring to us for the PS4. Thank you again for making such a great game along with Heavy Rain and Indigo Prophecy. Expand
  60. Mar 27, 2014
    What a fantastic adventure! I have loved Ellen Paige ever since I saw her in Juno and a game that lets me look at her for 10 hours straight is gonna be a good one in my book hahaha! Seriously, Beyond Two Souls is an enthralling adventure that will sink its teeth into you and not let go! You'll laugh, you'll cry, and you'll experience some great action; but most of all you will leave the experience with the burning question of " What could have done differently?" That to me is what makes a great game! A story that touches you, brings you in, makes you a part of it and sticks with you long after you have stopped playing! Expand
  61. Nov 9, 2013
    I rented GTA 5 and this. GTA 5 graphics look horrible and the gameplay is as old as dirt. Same unoriginal crap, reminding me why I don't play it. Look at the graphics on the shrink's face in the opening and you'll see what I mean. Just plain bad. Now Beyond Two Souls. It's amazing. Immersive. Completely. And character building. Wow. This game is so good and I think people are idiots because they don't get it. That's sad to me. This game is gorgeous, and so awesome. My other favorite game this year is The Last of Us. Bioshock Infinite was pretty good too. Expand
  62. Oct 13, 2013
    Honestly, I do not understand the validity of the claims of Western and domestic media to Beyond: Two souls. David Cage's work can not be called a masterpiece or some breakthrough in the field of interactive cinema or games such as Heavy Rain, Fahrenheit. But to call any consumer goods or second-class game do not dare In fact, for me it is an example of a great movie which we did not spare money in the movie, and make us think about some of the eternal themes that we care about Many players and journalists throw feces in the game for that alleged in the game and the gameplay is a soap Kintz To some extent they are right, you do not include it has no gameplay It's really a movie, but marked as interactive And this interactivity allows us to find yourself in the shoes of the main characters Jodie and Aiden and to feel more deeply the relationship between them. The plot is the same in my opinion, is gorgeous, and nothing does not yield the stories of "The last of us" and "Bioshock". He constantly keeps the tension and makes us empathize with the main characters One of the biggest drawbacks is the way of the narrative of the plot the constant movement in time that does not allow us to focus on a character in a specific period of time and to some extent it takes away from the perception of the story. As for the guest stars they do not knowingly eat their own bread. Ellen Page is really a talented actress, despite her antics And Willem Dafoe I think generally no one should doubt This product is not a good or bad ending, there is only a choice, and that choice can sometimes be the most important decision of your life. Expand
  63. Oct 8, 2013
    Perfect Graphics, Perfect History, perfect plot, this game is a GOTY. The actors make a good interpretations, the options that Jodie can make in the game are awesome.

Trolls of metacritic, stop make stupid opinions.
  64. Oct 15, 2013
    I had my doubts about David Cages new epic. I really enjoyed Heavy rain and didn't take any notice of the moaners who kept on going on about it's only quick time blah blah blah. What was wrong with that game however was the acting which let it down badly in some scenes, not all by any means but some.
    I felt that maybe he hadn't learned his lesson and I had grave doubts about using
    Hollywood actors as they are actually different and most of the best voice actors or indeed motion capture actors are not really successful big name Hollywood actors. That may just me being conditioned to think that without any real evidence but that what I feared for this game, being a little too cheesy like Heavy rain was at times. I was wrong on so many accounts. Ellen Page is brilliant as the lead and the motion capture tech has evolved enough by companies like Cages that it genuinely captures the actors true talent that comes through loud and clear. Maybe this is the way forward now, to get actors who are at the top of their game, no pun intended, to play in more video games as Ellen takes this on to new heights imho.
    You may have read that the supporting cast aren't that good by some critics, well that's just not true. All the performances were good to excellent imho.
    A slight spoiler here but if you play as the spirit sometimes you'll see dead people in unexpected places. Very creepy and it works well. On this point this game really does send shivers up your from time to time, something that a Hollywood film has been unable to do to me for literally years!
    Another criticism of the game is the 'broken up narrative style' Many saying it confuses them somehow.
    I disagree again as this is not a film it is first and foremost a game and doing it this way lets you get straight into the action without the boring buildup in heavy rain before you get to the real action and good stuff. This too me work very well indeed and you don't lose the story it's just told in a more exciting way that works particularly well for the media it's made for.
    There is a real kicker at the end that I didn't see coming and though it's not an ending that is in say, bioshock infinite's' class that is hardly surprising as this is a game that gives you many endings and even though Cage is imho a bit of a genius he or say Ken Levine would find it impossible to come up with 20 odd equally amazing endings, but, as I have said there is a really good kick at the end and that's impressive enough.
    Cage likes to call his games interative experiences and to this end it should be judged as such and whether you personally like this style of gameplay or not it shouldn't stop you at least trying to understand what quantic Dream are trying to achieve with their excellent products.
    Is it game of the year? Well maybe not the game of the year as this has been a particularly good year for games such as The last of Us, GTA 5 and Bioshock Infinite all of which deserve their illustrious reputations but so does beyond two souls and I would put it right up there with the best of the best.
    Buy it! it's a keeper
  65. Oct 17, 2013
    Forget about what all the tight-ass reviewers say (We're looking at you IGN!), this game is a perfect example of what interactive storytelling should be. Any old idiot should be able to understand the non-linear story-line and everyone should be able to enjoy the way that game lets interact with the flow of the narrative. However, there are some people who just can't seem to fabricate a reasonable opinion on this game. I know some have different ways of thinking than others but this game brought out so many emotions in me and made me feel like I was having a huge say and part in what was happening in the narrative. I thoroughly enjoyed this game and its 22 alternate endings (who says it isnt interactive enough!?) and would recommend it to anyone who is able to properly appreciate excellent writing and an overall excellent game Expand
  66. Aug 24, 2014
    Gráficos muito bons, e a trilha sonora ótimo ,história do jogo excelente e escolher daqui pra frente o que mudar , recomendo a todos, uma obra prima , a Quantic Dream tá de parabéns
  67. Oct 16, 2013
    One of the best experience ever in PS3. This a game and it's a movie, a game-movie or movie-game, so do not be deceived or desapointed. Great story and awesome graphics! One of the most beautiful and thrilling game I ever played.
  68. Oct 10, 2013
    I really loved the Game,great gameplay,awesome story,perfect characters and a interactive Game,the best
    This Game it's the revolution of heavy rain,great game
  69. Oct 10, 2013
    Words can't describe how amazing this game is. If you ever played heavy rain or the walking dead by telltale and you enjoyed how the gameplay was then go where ever you buy your games and go pick this baby up you wont regret it.
  70. Oct 8, 2013
    Best cinematic game ever. Perfect graphics ,interesting story. The combat is really challenging. And the soundtrack is one of the best soundtracks in video games .
    This is the best Quantic Dream game untill now
  71. Oct 12, 2013
    A game made for a more refined audience, Beyond Two Souls is an masterpiece of interactive storytelling, who's only failing is the fact that it's being played and reviewed by brainwashed, inexperienced, young "gamers" just looking for the next mindless action game. For the rest of us, who are members of the core gaming world for over 20 years now, this is one of the few games which proves beyond the shadow of a doubt that games are an art form.
  72. Oct 8, 2013
    Best graphics, great game, history,. Simply the best. GOTY best graphics. Quantic Dream, congratulations for this work of art. For jealous people that are giving low note, my condolences.
  73. dtl
    Oct 10, 2013
    I have never before played a game like this, but it was great. It is an excellent character-driven game. (Yes, it is a game.) As such, if you don't care about the character Jodie, you really won't like the game. Luckily, Jodie is a very good character, and Ellen Page does an excellent job as her voice. I am much more interested in seeing some of her work after playing this game.

I've
    never been a fan of quick-time events, but they work reasonably well here. I thought the action scenes were reasonably well designed, and enjoyed the actual gameplay, whether controlling Aiden or Jodie. I had enough control that I could never simply disengage from the act of controlling the game, which is one of the worries a person might reasonably have in such a game.

This is one of the two best games I've played on the PS3, along with The Last of Us, and one of the best I've ever played.
  74. Oct 10, 2013
    Beyond Two Souls is a fun interactive game that gives you more freedom than you think. I think it's one of the best games of the generation. If you enjoy games with a great story and likable characters than this game is for you. I feel this is a GOTY contender.
  75. Oct 12, 2013
    Beyond Two Souls is the best way for Sony to end the Playstation 3 era, this is not a video game it is an experience...an experience any gamer,movie or tv lover HAS to experience. Quantic Dream are one of the only company's to make me feel emotion through out their productions, be it anger, sadness happiness and its consistently on par with the protagonist emotion. The ending is brilliant and as always once the credits roll you immediately are overwhelmed with satisfaction in your purchase of their product.But also you should expect the ending and characters to linger in your thoughts for weeks to come.One word....Perfect 10/10! Expand
  76. Oct 9, 2013
    And again I have any problems when I play, no, when I enjoy this amazing interactive movie. It's the greatest way for spending your evening. Please, don't listen anybody and play it!)
  77. Oct 13, 2013
    Awesome graphics, beautiful gameplay, maybe a interactive novel, excellent characters great history you can felt joy, suffer and felt scary with the protagonist,
    good work for Quantic dream
  78. Oct 10, 2013
    A better experience than Heavy Rain. Not a typical game, If you enjoyed Heavy Rain then consider this Heavy Rain 5.0. Some people just don't get it, it is an interactive movie. I know I am enjoying it. All I am saying is that these 40-100 review scores ranges should tell you that it is "different". If you want something different try this game.
  79. Oct 11, 2013
    there is one specific thing about David Cage's Game ...You Love it ...Or You Hate it! At first 30 min of game!
    Look at scores GS got 9 and Edge Got 5 that means this Game Create Contact with its Specific kind of Gamers ...
    I really really liked this game because i'm searching for game which has Great Store...
    and i Found Beyond :two Souls.
  80. Oct 9, 2013
    What an incredibly original, emotionally engaging, story. The graphics are amazing and the voice acting is top notch. I found the combat mechanics to be a step up from it's predecessor Heavy Rain in this game you are forced to pay attention to what is happening around you rather than just looking for what button you have to push. I recommend this game to anyone who enjoys a great story driven gaming experience. Expand
  81. Oct 26, 2013
    Love this game, best single player game I have ever experienced, finished the whole thing in one sitting, well into the early hours of the morning, that's how hooked and immersed I was by this emotional journey!

Though slightly confusing at first due to it's non linear nature, it picks up really quickly and the resolution ties everything together beautifully. I completely agree with the
    uncompromising way in which the story is delivered, it would not be as impactful otherwise. You get to be there with Jodie for all the highlights of 15 eventful and tragic years of her life and become very attached to the character.

The tech is cutting edge and easily the best looking game on the PS3, the animation fidelity and motion capture stick out particularly, you forget you're playing a video game. The attention to small details is unmatched. I don't usually rate games with a 10 but this takes the cake for me, can't wait to see what Quantic Dream come up with next!
  82. Oct 12, 2013
    Awesome Graphics. Intense Story. Epic Characters. This was like a Tv Series in A Game, which i normally dont like, but this Game is Amazing. This is in the same league as The Last Of Us..
  83. Oct 11, 2013
    Excellent characters, great history, good graphics! Awesome emotions!
    All what we love in Quantic Dream.
    David Cage excelent work. Not stop on this. Do what it does best!
  84. Oct 11, 2013
    It's just outstanding. There are no words to describe how i feel playing as Jodie,I expected next Heavy Rain but I got something much better. It's a kind of game that you like it or not and I definitely like it. Thank You David Cage!
  85. Oct 17, 2013
    Amazing acting, beautiful graphics immersed me for the entire game, however I would've liked a better way to tell the story, and it may have been a bit better if the game wasn't as passive as it is, but it's great nontheless.
  86. Oct 9, 2013
    Giving it 0 to 4 is just plain rude or braindead. And calling it cliche is weird. This game sure has some haters, don't know if its lack of knowledge about what kind of game it is or they have to constantly touch their joysticks, no pun intended. The People that rate it 0-4 you suck. And stop Hating with sentences like: The gameplay is linear, its Like watching a Movie, the graphics are outdated, i dont Like willem dafoe. You are like little picky kids Expand
  87. Oct 8, 2013
    These are two words which can describe this game
    Beautiful
    Strange

I do not listen to those who say that this game is very bad or great to judge that you must to experience this game

And for me score of this game is 10/10
  88. Oct 12, 2013
    From its hyper realistic sweat pores to its startlingly beautiful soundtrack, Beyond is an experience you do not want to pass up. For starters, on the debate for is this a video game, I'd like to point out that video games has become a wide varied genre. Is this included? To put it simply, yes. Don't believe me? Well. For all the people reviewing the game, who then call it not a game, but critique its GAMEplay. Think.
    Now for my opinion. This game is a masterpiece, flawed slightly but nonetheless something unique. The best description for it is it isn't a 'gamers game'. By that I mean, its not for those who love their shoot em ups, driving games or sandbox type ones. I do enjoy those games, but I'm heavily open minded. Beyond is described as an interactive story, and it is, but games have been interactive stories for near a decade now. The Last of Us. Tomb Raider. Bioshock Infinite. Story is a driving force in the gaming world now and Beyond doesn't disappoint. Its tragic, its warm, cold, funny, heartbreaking, terrifying. Its throws emotions at you and your helpless but to feel. This is only strengthened by the acting capabilities of all the characters in the game, in particularly Ellen Page as Jodie Holmes. Ellen breathes life into this game, and it isn't hard to believe she was nominated for an Oscar. As for gameplay, the only trouble I had was with a dodgy camera angle, otherwise its simple, fun and taken time with, exhilarating. But like I said, this game wont appeal to everyone.
    Honestly though, buy it. Whether you like the look of it or don't, its an experience that will have you talking no matter what.
    A final gem for the PS3, an easy ten out of ten.
  89. Oct 10, 2013
    Games as i think it is great. I loved heavy rain and i love this game too. Voice acting is fantastic probably best grapichs on ps3 right now. Games choices really good i loved making choices in video games. Everyone who liked heavy rain should at least try this one.
  90. Oct 13, 2013
    Emotions of the character played are felt in almost every scene, which is a hard thing to accomplish in a game or a move.
    Unique setting and story, amazing graphics and memorable characters make the journey unforgettable.
    Not everyone plays fps or car games, not everyone should play beyond. It's really hard to explain what some people scoring low were expecting getting this quantic dream game.
  91. Oct 10, 2013
    I really liked it alot. This generations best animated sequences of QTE´s and while i hate QTE i troughly enojoyed them alot more than anything else prior to this title involving those mechanics. If you like stories. your gonna love this one, and it helps alot to go trough someones life from the age of 8 23.
  92. Nov 17, 2013
    Wow this is an amazing game. Do not listen to narrow minded people who only play COD and don;t know what story is.
    The time flies so fast when you play this game. Amazing graphics makes it even more interesting.
  93. Feb 17, 2014
    I love that game. Awesome story, absolutely beautiful graphics and interesting characters. I think everyone should play and feel IT. Beyond and TLOU = My games of the year!
  94. Oct 8, 2013
    This game is really awesome, a movie-game when chance the concepts of the industry, really serious and deep, is one game when or you love, or you hate, like heavy rain, but in my case, i really really love this one.
  95. Oct 8, 2013
    NEVER in all my years have I seen a game like Beyond: Two Souls. I just wished it was on PC. It is the game of the decade. People talk about games like Call Of Duty(Great Game), GTA(Another Great Game) and Fifa, but all these games are either about killing, living a reckless gangstar life or sports(not that their bad). We've seen them all, and frankly, we've grown used to and tired of them. But Beyond: Two Souls is just what we need now. A game which has different storylines based on the player's decisions? Awesome! Having to be a human (Jodie) and an entity Aiden)? Double Awesome! And to be able to connect with the characters and truly understand them? Triple Awesome. I'm more of a critic but this is the only game I've seen that's better than GTA V, Assassin's Creed 3 and Call Of Duty 6. It's PERFECT! Expand
  96. Oct 8, 2013
    This game is the reason why I sold xbox but still kept ps3. And it haven't failed me. Whoever loved Heavy rain can expect even better storytelling, incredible graphics, extraordinary atmosphere and really unique experience.
    I think that whoever have ps3 has to try at least demo, but beware, final game is much more interesting than demo.
    One of the five best games in this generation for
    me with without the doubt best atmosphere. Expand
  97. Oct 8, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. L'ho appena finito e lo trovo un titolo unico e originale! graficamente strabiliante.. anche se in certi punti negli scenari si vede la differenza con i personaggi ancora meglio definiti. Il sonoro di Zimer.. e questo nome dice tutto! la storia l'ho trovata stupenda. di rado di mi capita di emozionarmi e commuovere, e questo gioco c'è riuscito in molti punti. Il gameplay più sciolto e i quake time sono meglio caratterizzati rispetto a Heavy Rain, e questo gioco a mio parere un gradino sopra al precedente titolo Quantic Dream! con questo concludo con un 10 pieno.. per uno dei giochi più originale e toccanti degli ultimi anni! Expand
  98. Oct 8, 2013
    good work for Quantic dream
  99. Oct 8, 2013
    Absolutely stunning and unique game. You will experience new variety of emotions with respect to Heavy Rain and with respect to all other games. Masterpiece and one of the mine favorite games now!
  100. Oct 8, 2013
    Beyond is an adventure that really touched me. Playing as Jodie and Aiden is real genious. Quantic Dream knows how to make interactive dramas. The most ambitous game of the year!

1. Dec 28, 2013
    There doesn't ever seem to be any real impact of the player's decisions, actions or failures. [Jan 2014, p.76]
  2. Dec 12, 2013
    Beyond: Two Souls is a capital failure as both a story and as a game. The adventure plays itself and the player is left to push the right buttons in the right order. The story you are rewarded with is a mess of odd writing and poor directing choices from a game creator that obviously wants to create great art but seems to be incapable of doing so. Even fans of Fahrenheit and Heavy Rain should prepare for what is unfortunately a monumental disappointment.
  3. Nov 24, 2013
    A story every Playstation owner should experience.