Bionic Commando Rearmed PlayStation 3

8.0

1. JackH.
    Aug 15, 2008
    Not too shabby... To be honest, i had never played this nintendo classic...which is odd for me considering i owned over 110 regular NES games. It reminds me of a blend b/w contra and metal slug and metal gear (this is loosly based - for all of you atagonizers out there :P). This game is pretty unique and for $10 it comes packing plenty for the moolah. 2 player co-op, 4 player battles, and Not too shabby... To be honest, i had never played this nintendo classic...which is odd for me considering i owned over 110 regular NES games. It reminds me of a blend b/w contra and metal slug and metal gear (this is loosly based - for all of you atagonizers out there :P). This game is pretty unique and for $10 it comes packing plenty for the moolah. 2 player co-op, 4 player battles, and a deeper game than it seems on the surface (for those of you, like me, that have never playe the original and are ignorant). Also, the music is pretty awesome, nostalgic with a new kickin' beat over-tone. Don't miss this. Expand
  2. Jun 14, 2011
    Simply put, one of the greatest games ever made. I was a big fan of the original, and this is how you do a remake! Staying faithful to the source material and keeping what made it great, and then amping up everything else to make it better than ever. Great graphics, great sound, great music, but most importantly - top-notch gameplay. You can play this game for 100 hours and you will stillSimply put, one of the greatest games ever made. I was a big fan of the original, and this is how you do a remake! Staying faithful to the source material and keeping what made it great, and then amping up everything else to make it better than ever. Great graphics, great sound, great music, but most importantly - top-notch gameplay. You can play this game for 100 hours and you will still continue to hone your grappling skills. Simultaneous co-op? Heck yes.

This may not be everyone's cup of tea, but for those who appreciate 2D gameplay and like a good dose of challenge, you can't really do better than Bionic Commando: Rearmed.
  3. AronR.
    Aug 19, 2008
    Awesome 2d game. Excellent gameplay. Good difficulty. Excellent soundtrack and a nice twist of humor. Enjoyed it a lot on my PS3.
  4. MattM.
    Aug 16, 2008
    This game is truly amazing! Die hard fans of the original will undoubtedly enjoy this game along with other's who have not, like myself. Definitely worth the $10. Also the PS3 version has some exclusive content such as a challenge mode, where you get to play hundreds of small levels that test your skills. It really is a lot of fun and you even get to play it on your PSP through This game is truly amazing! Die hard fans of the original will undoubtedly enjoy this game along with other's who have not, like myself. Definitely worth the $10. Also the PS3 version has some exclusive content such as a challenge mode, where you get to play hundreds of small levels that test your skills. It really is a lot of fun and you even get to play it on your PSP through Remote-Play, which is even better! Expand
  5. MaxB.
    Aug 13, 2008
    The best game available to download on both XBLA and PSN to date. The original was an amazing game, but this blows it away in every aspect.
  6. Mar 3, 2015
    Lots of variation and polish in enemies, weapons and levels. Boss fights were well thought out and required some thought. Overall, Rearmed sets a high standard for how to update old games.
  7. Aug 10, 2015
    Thank you Grin for a game that will only be truly appreciated by gamers who loved the original Bionic Commando, and consider it a classic, up there with Double Dragon, Commando, 1942 etc.

It's certainly not perfect, but when you consider the reboots of retro games that other companies have made, this does actually achieve what it sets out to with some polish. Well done, Grin.

1. Edge Magazine
    A labour of love. The core of the game might be a remake, but the features and polish applied move it beyond the realm of simple cash-ins to one of the finest games to grace PSN or XBLA yet. [Sept 2008, p.92]
    From top to bottom, Bionic Commando Rearmed is an incredible game that's well worth owning.
  3. Play UK
    A great retro update that may even prove to be better than the next-gen re-imagining currently in the works. [Issue#169, p.91]