BioShock Infinite PlayStation 3

8.5

Generally favorable reviews- based on 1928 Ratings

1. May 2, 2013
    Bioshock:Infinite is an awesome game with Eye popping graphics awesome gameplay and as well as a absolutely excellent story, they also have a helpful A.I companion for once unlike some other games i've played Like Resident Evil 5 where companion is a pain in the ass, Bioshock is one of the best games of 2013 by far i can't wait until Bioshock 4
  2. Apr 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Bioshock infinite is simply outstanding from the jaw dropping beginning to the jaw dropping end. I personally didn't think the irrational team to make a game that was anywhere near as good as the original.
    Wow was I in for a treat. I just loved the way it drew you in from the beginning and set up the world. Bioshock was a walk through hell in it's opening moments where Columbia is a walk through heaven.
    That is until you make your way to the raffle and see the prize on offer. That moment is genuinely shocking and it's all credit to the irrational team that they never sugarcoated this moment as this is what sets up the game and it's when the action starts in earnest.
  3. Apr 6, 2013
    just a flawless game amazing story excellent graphics and amazing gameplay i dont have anything else to say its that amazing :D when i first saw the trailer my mind was blown due to awesomeness this might be the 2013 GOTY unless if The Last Of Us impresses me or if Yakuza 5 come out worldwide this year
  4. Apr 7, 2013
    At first Bioshock Infinite seems like Bioshock with a new coat of paint, and for the most part that is correct, the game plays very similar with similar ideas and weapons and characters, this time your plasmids are called vigors,there is a city and there is a man that leads it with radical ideas. The real excitement comes at the end when everything gets explained the rapture/columbiaAt first Bioshock Infinite seems like Bioshock with a new coat of paint, and for the most part that is correct, the game plays very similar with similar ideas and weapons and characters, this time your plasmids are called vigors,there is a city and there is a man that leads it with radical ideas. The real excitement comes at the end when everything gets explained the rapture/columbia connection, the elizabeth/booker connection, and the connection between booker/comstock/elizabeth. If it seems like the game is dragging on and you just want to give up keep hanging in there and finish it, it is totally worth it. Expand
  5. Apr 8, 2013
    There are no spoilers in this review. If you enjoy games with fun gameplay along with a great soundtrack, great graphics, and an outstanding story, then this is a must play. I just completed the game and I'm going to start playing it again in a higher difficulty. I would suggest to those experienced FPS gamers to play this in the hard difficulty setting. I would also recommend to peopleThere are no spoilers in this review. If you enjoy games with fun gameplay along with a great soundtrack, great graphics, and an outstanding story, then this is a must play. I just completed the game and I'm going to start playing it again in a higher difficulty. I would suggest to those experienced FPS gamers to play this in the hard difficulty setting. I would also recommend to people who haven't played the first bioshock to play it before playing infinite. I would imagine that experienced gamers would complete this in 8 hours; however, to fully enjoy this game I would recommend exploring the city as much as possible (it took me about 20 hours to complete this game). In my opinion this game has a great replay value because of two main reasons: the gameplay and the story. There are several different ways of eliminating enemies and also, a second playthrough would help you understand/appreciate the story.

I consider this game to be one of my top favorite games of all time (right next to the Metal Gear Solid series).
  6. Apr 8, 2013
    This game was quite enjoyable. Graphics, music*, gameplay, etc.; all were amazing. My only issues with the game: no user-save feature, only auto-save. I'm not a big believer in having to get to a spot to save, especially as an adult-gamer with life going on. And the "book marks" save about 1,000 different times throughout the game. A little bit too much data action. And music-wise, someThis game was quite enjoyable. Graphics, music*, gameplay, etc.; all were amazing. My only issues with the game: no user-save feature, only auto-save. I'm not a big believer in having to get to a spot to save, especially as an adult-gamer with life going on. And the "book marks" save about 1,000 different times throughout the game. A little bit too much data action. And music-wise, some areas could use a bit more diverse music, not a big gripe. I'd like to give this game a 9.9 overall. Definitely worth anyone's time and money. Expand
  7. Apr 11, 2013
    Definitely was worth the wait. Bioshock Infinite is a beautifully crafted video game with breathtaking visuals and massive scope. It also has an engaging story that will keep you intrigued till the end of the game. With well written dialogue, the banter between the main characters are believable and fun. Varied gameplay elements and different in gaming mechanics makes this a joy to playDefinitely was worth the wait. Bioshock Infinite is a beautifully crafted video game with breathtaking visuals and massive scope. It also has an engaging story that will keep you intrigued till the end of the game. With well written dialogue, the banter between the main characters are believable and fun. Varied gameplay elements and different in gaming mechanics makes this a joy to play from start to finish. Definitively a GOTY contender. Expand
  8. Apr 11, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a beautiful game. With a complex story and wonderful graphics, it keeps you guessing at what comes next. This is a great example of where the video game industry should be going.
  9. Apr 14, 2013
    This game was amazing! Every moment of it was fantastic. In some parts it felt like a Bioshock game, but in other parts it didn't, but it worked! The game had an amazing story, that felt tight with fantastic gameplay. Elizabeth was a great companion, when you needed her she would help. It came in handy in battles when she threw health, salts (powers) and ammo. She never got in the way andThis game was amazing! Every moment of it was fantastic. In some parts it felt like a Bioshock game, but in other parts it didn't, but it worked! The game had an amazing story, that felt tight with fantastic gameplay. Elizabeth was a great companion, when you needed her she would help. It came in handy in battles when she threw health, salts (powers) and ammo. She never got in the way and had an amazing personality. Its really easy to get into to the characters and become attached to them. It is by far the best game I've played so far Expand
  10. Apr 13, 2013
    While it isn't exactly the spearhead its predecessor was way back in 2007, Bioshock: Infinite does right by the Bioshock brandname. The art direction is still there, the delicately crafted musical score is there, the combat is responsive and much improved. I still very much prefer the original Bioshock, and wish Infinite had more scares and RPG elements like its predecessor; but evenWhile it isn't exactly the spearhead its predecessor was way back in 2007, Bioshock: Infinite does right by the Bioshock brandname. The art direction is still there, the delicately crafted musical score is there, the combat is responsive and much improved. I still very much prefer the original Bioshock, and wish Infinite had more scares and RPG elements like its predecessor; but even having said that, this game holds up against unreasonable hype and expectations. Buy this game. Ken Levine and the folks at Irrational are doing right by gamers and we need to do right by them. The only thing that sucks about Bioshock: Infinite is its release means we will have to wait another five years to play another game of this ilk. Expand
  11. Apr 13, 2013
    Never has a game so fully encapsulated my thoughts. The relationship you build with Elizabeth, the concepts behind Columbia and the story line are just incredible. The gameplay is very solid, but you almost want to ignore the FPS aspect just to follow the story. Easily one of the best games I have ever played. (If not the best.)
  12. Apr 14, 2013
    bioshock infinite review

bioshock infinite review

the game begins extremely strong beautiful environment which is extremely intriguing. you realise your in a vast environment extremely racist and political tones are presented to you throughout the game which is consistently in your face however it ties in with the story gameplay is flawless however the environment is extremely linear which is a shame because the city is so huge. so if you hit a save point make sure you scoped out the environment as much as you can."VIGORS" which are plasmids for bioshock 2" are good fun to play around with however the functionality of them limit you to primarily use the weapons you find in game. story wise. hands down the best story in the history of gaming if not cinema. if they made a movie it would be my favourite movie. 4 years in production winning 85 awards voted world best shooter. credit was given when it was due. Elisabeth helps you throughout the game and in no way shape or form does it feel like a huge escort mission" .
    you can travel using the "sky lines" which basically feels like your on a roller-coaster where tey have also intergrated combat which blends in so well that it is revolutionises the first person shooter" feel"
    the music is amazing the story is amazing gameplay is amazing.

13. Jun 2, 2013
    It's a very solid title, with great visuals and sound (I loved the Skyhook!) However, I can't help but be slightly cynical. The game seems progressive at first but sinks into a rehash of the original Bioshock games as a linear shooter. How great this would have been as a free-roaming game, perhaps some puzzles, and some kind of NPC social element. Also, not to mention I spent a lot of timeIt's a very solid title, with great visuals and sound (I loved the Skyhook!) However, I can't help but be slightly cynical. The game seems progressive at first but sinks into a rehash of the original Bioshock games as a linear shooter. How great this would have been as a free-roaming game, perhaps some puzzles, and some kind of NPC social element. Also, not to mention I spent a lot of time digging through trashcans and dresser drawers for food & cash. Still a great game with a VERY intriguing and original story. I'm anxious to see what the DLC season pass has to offer. Expand
  14. Apr 15, 2013
    To start this off, I have to say that this game has really impressed me. It's one of the best games in my opinion and one of my top ten video games. Although not as impressive as the e3 demos (to be expected), it still shines in many aspects. For starters, I played the first Bioshock 1 and found myself really enjoying it, especially when first entering Rapture. The same can be said forTo start this off, I have to say that this game has really impressed me. It's one of the best games in my opinion and one of my top ten video games. Although not as impressive as the e3 demos (to be expected), it still shines in many aspects. For starters, I played the first Bioshock 1 and found myself really enjoying it, especially when first entering Rapture. The same can be said for Columbia. From the moment the game begins, it sucks you right in and doesn't let go till you've explored every aspect of the game. The story is almost flawless keeping you guessing most of the times. There are plenty of twists that will have you shocked. Many moments in this just completely leaves with your mouth hanging in surprise (in a good way). The graphics are very good and polished (which is surprising considering how old the ps3 is). Combat is can range from very fast paced to very slow paced. But that's okay because combing vigors (essentially plasmids from Bioshock) can be very satisfying. That's not to say that the game is a masterpiece, though very close to it, there are still some parts that remain questionable. A lack of bosses really had me disappointed and a few glitches were present in my play-through. These were generally annoying, but forgivable. I hope that a later DLC can handle bosses a little better. I also found handymen and Boys Of Silence to be a bit scarce and disappointing. The ending, however, will leave you shocked and amazed. Once you play through once, you'll want to play through again because everything makes a lot more sense and you are way more immersed. It's sort of like the movie Inception where you had to watch it many times to really enjoy it. My final word are..... go out and buy it! Expand
  15. Apr 18, 2013
    The game is really good. I've been thinking about it several days after completion, and I've been showing it to friends for the pleasure to share. The main reason is it's a game, but it's also virtual tourism and storytelling mixed together.
    The fact that you need to figure out many things about story by finding clues scattered around increases the sense of interactive storytelling, and the misteries and themes on display here is so vast and diverse that your brain will be overheated in the process of munching in all the informations.
    Also, the shifts in the plot and the narrative ellipses are a quite bold and refreshing way to keep things going in a videogame.
    All these different levels of involvement contribute to create a very deep engagement.
  16. Apr 24, 2013
    Where do i even begin? i have never been so excited for a game to be released before. when i heard the announcement for bioshock infinite. i got pretty excited; however i was skeptical about how they were going to change from being trapped in an underwater city, to roaming a city in the sky. But leave it to irratonal games to surprise me. Bioshock infinite fully lives up to my expectationsWhere do i even begin? i have never been so excited for a game to be released before. when i heard the announcement for bioshock infinite. i got pretty excited; however i was skeptical about how they were going to change from being trapped in an underwater city, to roaming a city in the sky. But leave it to irratonal games to surprise me. Bioshock infinite fully lives up to my expectations and then some.

the story behind bioshock infinite is you play as booker dewitt, and he has to find a girl to repay a debt, as you progress you find more of the backstory behind this dept and what booker has to pay to wipe it away. and then of course there's how beautiful the game looks. from the astounding first appearance of columbia; to suddenly being in the midst of a civil war in the sky. this is a real sight to behold.

now there are many characters in this game, and all of them has a really interesting backstory, booker is the character you spend the game continually discovering. his story is explained as you play the game: and the reason isn't amnesia for once. he chose to forget but certain events reveal them to the gamer and to the other main character: elizabeth. she is a really interesting character, and she is like booker, her story is cleverly and purposely hidden from the player. and the reveal behind her real personality and backstory leads to one of the most shocking endings to a video game.

the gameplay behind infinite is...functional, it follows the same bioshock 2 formula, guns and plasmids, however in this game there are some welcomed as well as unwelcomed changes; such as plasmids are now vigors, and there's no more adam, money rules this world. when not using vigors, you will hold your weapon like in bioshock 1, unfortunately you can only carry 2 weapons at a time, so you have to be careful on your choices. also you can no longer carry health/salt items. instead to make up for this you are given gear and a regenerating shield. so it's unfortunate, but it's a forgettable change as you go on because now i go into my next part

it is much easier then either of the previous bioshocks. ammo is $8. and that's for every weapon. plus ammo is everywhere as well as is health and salt items, so don't expect to run out of health or salt over a prolonged period. and then we have the best part of the game: skyline fights. by far the best new system in bioshock. you get to use a magnetized hook to ride along skylines as you shoot enemies. and even better, you can use the hook as a melee weapon.

overall the game offers many new features in it's gameplay and offers an intriguing plot with many shocking moments. and if you'll excuse me i have to go beat it again.
  17. Apr 25, 2013
    OK, so I’ve held off on writing this review for a while because I really wanted to digest this game, read other reviews, and see outside opinions.

So I want to preface this by saying I’m a male in my late 20s who’s been gaming for roughly 20 years. Some of my favorite games include Fallout 3, inFamous, Super Mario Galaxy, Dishonored, Batman Arkham City and Asylum, Portal 1 and 2, Borderlands 2, and of course the original Bioshock and System Shock 2. I’m currently playing Tomb Raider and have enjoyed it thus far. I play a lot of FPSs, like CoD, BF, Far Cry, and Crysis, but don’t have a distinct favorite genre.

All that said, for me personally, Bioshock Infinite ranks as one of the top 3 games I have currently ever played with Earthbound and MGS 4 (I know MGS 3 is awesome, but going back to an HD Shadow Moses did it for me).

I implore readers to check out other reviews from reviewers that gave Bioshock Infinite a poor score; we have someone who gave Alan Wake and Halo 3 a 0, someone who gave Borderlands 2 a 3, Dishonored a 6, but yet gave Hawken and Street Fighter X Tekken a 7, and another user who gave Uncharted 2 a 1. I could go on, but you get the point. Absolutely these reviewers are entitled to their opinion, but when it becomes apparent that their opinions are there to either weigh down other reviewer scores, or for sheer shock value, well that should tell you something.

I have to laugh when someone complains that Rapture was “scarier,” Columbia isn’t Rapture. I have to laugh when someone compares the Song Bird to a Big Daddy, the Song Bird isn’t a Big Daddy. I have to laugh when someone complains that footage they were shown from development gameplay 2-3 years ago at conventions weren’t in the game, be glad they gave you something you haven’t seen before. I have to laugh when someone complains that they don’t have a choice in the game, this is Irrational Games’ story, they want it told this way. How you want to interpret it, and its ending, that is where you have a choice. In general I have to laugh at other reviews comparing this to the original Bioshock, and complaining about differences. Please know, Bioshock Infinite is NOT synonymous with Bioshock 3. There is no Bioshock 3. If Ken Levine had his way, there wouldn’t have been a Bioshock 2. Yes, it has the same word “Bioshock” in the title, but aside from that, it is a completely different game, and if you can’t accept that, then you should stick with the perfectly awesome original. Stop trying to find a reason to complain. There are things to complain about in this game, those aren’t it.

Bioshock Infinite, for me, was as close to a perfect game as I’ve encountered. The characters were dynamic, and I found myself disappointed with actions that I’d disagree with, and excited when they found success. The voice actors fit incredibly well with the characters. The setting was absolutely gorgeous and interesting, I found myself exploring every nook and cranny. The combat just felt right, every weapon felt “good” to fire, along with the vigors. Elizabeth’s AI might be the most well done video game AI we’ve yet to see. Most importantly, the story was phenomenal. As a huge Fringe fan, I will fully admit my biased here, but I feel confident saying there are plenty that would agree it’s one of the most well told stories in video games.

Is this game perfect? No. There are issues with texture popping, and textures being incredibly grainy, especially on the PS3, and the fact that there was in-game loading while in the same environment (1-3 seconds), simply isn’t acceptable in this day and age.

All that considered, if you weight this game up against what’s been published in the past 5-10 years on console, this is undoubtedly one of the best. The time and effort that the folks at Irrational Games put into Bioshock Infinite is incredibly apparent, and I thank them for their obvious hard work.
  18. Apr 25, 2013
    As games become more and more popular its getting difficult to find a game that feels original, Bioshock Infinite is a truly beautiful game which sets the bar for story driven games. Not only has this been one of the most satisfying games to complete but you'll find your self replaying the game to learn more about Colombia and its racist residents. Admittedly the only reason I have givenAs games become more and more popular its getting difficult to find a game that feels original, Bioshock Infinite is a truly beautiful game which sets the bar for story driven games. Not only has this been one of the most satisfying games to complete but you'll find your self replaying the game to learn more about Colombia and its racist residents. Admittedly the only reason I have given this game a 9 and not a 10 is because its missing one element of game play which the first Bioshock nailed which is unnerving atmosphere, although Infinite has its moments I found id happily run around corners and pick up items without the fear of being attacked. The original made me nervous to run through a room, id plan how to take out enemy's to preserve ammo which just felt nonexistent in Bioshock Infinite. Over all this is an incredible game and even with its complex story line will manage to keep you intrigued. Expand
  19. Apr 25, 2013
    Its a great game no doubt but i think it needs something new, the trama is good, the enviorement is awesome but alll the other stuff are the same they only made like a combinacion of Bioshcok 1 and 2, but like i say still a great game
  20. Apr 26, 2013
    THIS GAME IS A MUST GET NOW..

THIS GAME IS A MUST GET NOW..

Simply put, the game is gorgeous. And a VERY warm welcome to Bioshock series as I was getting tired of the plain underwater theme. Bioshock's combat is also something to mention, Although Bioshock infinite only offers around 4-5 types of guns for you to use, and around 4 Vigors (or spells) Bioshock managed to create engaging, Fun, and sometimes difficult combat! Bioshock Infinite has created some amazing moments and just WOW moments for me & I think it will do the same for you!

If it means something I've also fell in love with Elizabeth.. Yea, I have it bad.
  21. Apr 26, 2013
    I think this game will have the title of not only the game of the year, but perhaps the game of the decade. So she is beautiful and is special. This new level of gaming, but unfortunately these games are not as revolutionary. This is a jump up, and this is possible only Ken Levine. We look forward to the following projects and DLC
  22. Apr 26, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite, what hasn't been said? this game is superb, beautiful visuals,the colors are crisp and the art direction is truly the best ive seen in a while. this game has a interesting story, it starts quite simply, but takes a a dark turn about 20 minutes in and the game has such great flow. combat is rather interesting and the addition of the the new sky rail system keeps it fromBioshock Infinite, what hasn't been said? this game is superb, beautiful visuals,the colors are crisp and the art direction is truly the best ive seen in a while. this game has a interesting story, it starts quite simply, but takes a a dark turn about 20 minutes in and the game has such great flow. combat is rather interesting and the addition of the the new sky rail system keeps it from going stale. It is so familiar yet so different from the previous installments, this is a mature shooter and a experience you would not want to miss, i tip my hats to irrational for pulling this game off. its a must buy Expand
  23. Apr 28, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is one of those games that everybody should play. Bioshock Inifinite does just about everything right to its remarkable to story to its intense and fun gameplay. The story of Bioshock Inifite is spectacular. It is excellently paced, and has tons of things to do. Although the story is pretty set and "linear" there are tons of different things to go about and do inBioshock Infinite is one of those games that everybody should play. Bioshock Inifinite does just about everything right to its remarkable to story to its intense and fun gameplay. The story of Bioshock Inifite is spectacular. It is excellently paced, and has tons of things to do. Although the story is pretty set and "linear" there are tons of different things to go about and do in Columbia which makes each playthrough of the story unique and differnt. There is so much depth to the story that it cant just be playthroughed once. From the voxiphones to the sight seeing there are plenty of things that make you come back to Columbia. Elizabeth your partner through the story makes the story fun and interesting. She also tends to often helps you out in battle. Trust me the story in Bioshock Infinite is incredible and does not disappoint. The long awaited Bioshock Infinite does not disappoint and excels in every way. Deferentially worthy of the Bioshock name and worthy of your purchase. Expand
  24. Apr 30, 2013
    Bioshock 1 is one of my favorite game ever, i never thought that bioshock infinite would be better cuz i really didn't like bioshock 2. But Bioshock Infinite is a MASTERPIECE, you can't leave the countroller, it's almost perfection. Really one or the best game ive ever played!
  25. May 1, 2013
    There's not much I can say that hasn't been said by many others, but this is absolutely my game of the year. Although I liked the previous BioShocks well enough, I had a lot more fun with Infinite. I've played it 11 times so far. I haven't replayed a game this much in many years.
  26. Jun 19, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite, for all intents and purposes is a game that delivers. Elizabeth is a lovable companion, and surprisingly for once, it doesn’t feel like an escort mission. Rather a companion that helps you out when you most need it. The setting and graphics are nothing short of breathtaking. Everywhere you look there is something interesting to look at; it makes you slow down and take aBioshock Infinite, for all intents and purposes is a game that delivers. Elizabeth is a lovable companion, and surprisingly for once, it doesn’t feel like an escort mission. Rather a companion that helps you out when you most need it. The setting and graphics are nothing short of breathtaking. Everywhere you look there is something interesting to look at; it makes you slow down and take a good look before progressing. There is also no feeling of repetitiveness, the game offers quite a bit level design and variety.
    Game flaws would include the fact that you can only carry two weapons at a time, but other than that, there’s really nothing more that can be thought of.
    Bioshock Infinite is a game that will immerse you to the very end. This is a game that instantly hooks you into its world the moment you hit start, and doesn’t let you go until days after you finally get over that ending. It’s that good.
  27. May 3, 2013
    This game was a HUUUGE improvement over the other ones. The first one was okay, the second one was a complete lost of time, but the third one, which usualy in games the third game in the series is the worst, in this case, is probably the best. Good atmosphere at all, very good graphics, music, gameplay is fine, also the grappling hook is very good, and it's a nice add to the game. TheThis game was a HUUUGE improvement over the other ones. The first one was okay, the second one was a complete lost of time, but the third one, which usualy in games the third game in the series is the worst, in this case, is probably the best. Good atmosphere at all, very good graphics, music, gameplay is fine, also the grappling hook is very good, and it's a nice add to the game. The ending was a bit disappointing, and I think they could have done it better. Though, this game get's a 9/10. Expand
  28. May 12, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a terrific entry into the Bioshock franchise giving us a beautiful flying city, intelligent AI, breathtaking combat system, magnificent story and probably the best FPS by far that I have ever played. From the audio to the screaming of the Songbird, the music ticks all the right boxes. All the way from start to finish this game shows us that games can become an art formBioshock Infinite is a terrific entry into the Bioshock franchise giving us a beautiful flying city, intelligent AI, breathtaking combat system, magnificent story and probably the best FPS by far that I have ever played. From the audio to the screaming of the Songbird, the music ticks all the right boxes. All the way from start to finish this game shows us that games can become an art form and who could deny that claim.

This game has stunning visuals that would make a computer melt its screen because of it. Columbia looks like a peaceful place but it is a ticking time bomb waiting to go off and the dark underbelly of this FPS shows us that with some bloody violence and some dark and gritty themes all sugarcoated in that 1900's optimism. The skyhook is such a welcome addition to this game and Elizabeth really shines as a partner (although sometimes she feels like a disney princess trapped in an FPS.)

Full of twist and turns and with great randomly generated Gear thrown at you to change up the gameplay with every playthrough this game delivers on what it promised and proves that Bioshock is as good as ever and I'm sure another Bioshock will follow after this one, how could it not. This was a 10 out of 10 experience for me and after the end credits rolled I just wanted to play it all over again, this shows that it was doing something right and it sure has.
  29. May 17, 2013
    So this game is so beautiful i never seen anything like it before and i mean story not graphics.
    This game goes easily to my top games. And there is ONLY FEW bad things in this game and they are that there is way too much shooting and enemies... also you cannot sneak past guards or avoid fighting normaly that's why it cannot get 10/10
  30. Jun 27, 2013
    A wonderfully crafted game with detail in every corner, a cohesive and interesting story that not only challenges the mind but grips it from start to finish. The art style is wonderful, creating a believable and beautiful world one could love to get lost in. Elizabeth is the best companion character of any game to date which serves to add to the combat as much as the story. A climax thatA wonderfully crafted game with detail in every corner, a cohesive and interesting story that not only challenges the mind but grips it from start to finish. The art style is wonderful, creating a believable and beautiful world one could love to get lost in. Elizabeth is the best companion character of any game to date which serves to add to the combat as much as the story. A climax that defies all belief marks this game out as one in a million, mastering the art of writing for an interactive medium, this is everything the first two games were and more. Well done Irrational Expand
  31. Jun 1, 2013
    Let me just say, this is not only one of, if not the best, written video game of all time, this is one of the most well written THING... as in Everything, of all time. I've never read a book with this good of a story. I've never watched a movie with this good of a story. I've never read a comic book with this good of a story, nor poem, nor song, nor play. It had me close to tears by theLet me just say, this is not only one of, if not the best, written video game of all time, this is one of the most well written THING... as in Everything, of all time. I've never read a book with this good of a story. I've never watched a movie with this good of a story. I've never read a comic book with this good of a story, nor poem, nor song, nor play. It had me close to tears by the end. It taps into the hidden potentials of video games as an artistic medium to make one of the greatest games of this generation. Expand
  32. Jul 29, 2013
    one of the best games of this generation, and prob one of the best of all time, the final was amazing, words cant explain the epicness of a ending like that, no gamer should avoid a game like this one
  33. Jun 4, 2013
    Its just a GREAT game. I cant even describe it. Its just so much fun to play and the story is great. It is just so much fun to play and after i write this review im going to play it. So its a VERY great game.
  34. Jun 6, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite may have one of the best stories I have heard, in movies and games. The character of Elizabeth is captivating and masterfully written, the city of Columbia is as fully realised as Rapture was & the twists and turns are genious. The graphics aren't the best we've seen but the gorgeous art design completely saves it. The voice acting is top class and completely believable.Bioshock Infinite may have one of the best stories I have heard, in movies and games. The character of Elizabeth is captivating and masterfully written, the city of Columbia is as fully realised as Rapture was & the twists and turns are genious. The graphics aren't the best we've seen but the gorgeous art design completely saves it. The voice acting is top class and completely believable. I loved Bioshock Infinite so much, but I can't give it a perfect score due to it's only average gameplay mechanics. I felt that the original Bioshock suffered from this as well but not as much because it's more random encounters of enemies then waves of them, which Bioshock Infinite has, but I still had fun with the game at times, and it never took me out of the story at any time. I played Bioshock Infinite a month or two ago and I'm still thinking about the story and it's ending, which I'd like to say is one of the most satisfying endings I have ever come across. Ken Levine, you are a genius. Expand
  35. Sep 20, 2013
    This is another story were I was emotionally invested in seeing the ending, and without any spoilers it did not disappoint. My only grip with was its game-play ya it was good but it lacked a lot. For one it was not hard to play it was fairly easy. Towards the end it got tedious to play it got a bit repetitive. Not a lot of gun variety when that is your primary source of killing fools. AndThis is another story were I was emotionally invested in seeing the ending, and without any spoilers it did not disappoint. My only grip with was its game-play ya it was good but it lacked a lot. For one it was not hard to play it was fairly easy. Towards the end it got tedious to play it got a bit repetitive. Not a lot of gun variety when that is your primary source of killing fools. And why couldn't I hold more than two guns? With that being said I still loved the game and would recommend it to everyone with a PC Xbox or PS3 Expand
  36. Jun 10, 2013
    The feel of the game is what was incredible for me. The developers did such a nice job bringing you into a 1912 Sci-Fy World. I was completely indulged in the story and felt as if I was actually Detective Booker running around with guns and throwing magical grenades, trying to get from point A to point B.

Which was my only problem, getting to point A to point B was sometimes a chore for me. At times I felt like I just wanted the combat to stop so I could get to my next objective. On the other hand, I can agree with all the hype and high review scores because this game achieved some of the most important aspects us gamers look for, and thats to fully wallow ourselves into the game.
  37. Jul 24, 2013
    Would give this game a 8.8/10...
    A brilliant game that will certainly go down as a classic of our generation however, it is not without its flaws. The game has a strong story with a great ending and twist that even few movies could say are better and the characters are stellar and well written. The voice acting is sublime and the core game play is relatively good.
    The issues do however
    Would give this game a 8.8/10...
    The issues do however stick out, especially if playing the game is played for long periods. The combat can be repetitive and tedious and their is far too much back tracking for a game of this scope. I played the game on medium and it was far too easy but suddenly the last battle on the ship was almost impossible without a tip from the net. The inclusion of Elizabeth's tears made combat bit more varied yet the same things kept being rehashed and a bit more variety and creativity would have been nice. Another minor gripe for me is the power ups/plasmids. They aren't explained at all like in the first game and don't seem to belong along with being relatively useless for most of the game as guns just seem to be a better option throughout.
    The game does have beautiful visuals however, and the world is very well thought out and made. The music is sublime and it creates a brilliant and intriguing atmosphere at the start and becomes eerie and creepy towards the end.
    I have to confess that this is not the best Bioshock game as that crown is definitely still with the first one, but this is still a game that you should definitely not miss and is worth playing even though there are minor issues I pointed out.
  38. Jun 11, 2013
    stunning don't hesitate buy it brilliant story best looking game i played in awhile and gore galore. this game is the best in the series by far also has a few mini games built in which can be fun ~P
  39. Jun 11, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite contains everything a game should have; good gameplay, a great story, admirable characters- this game got it all. Hyped up since the announcing of it, Bioshock Infinite was surely in for a ride. I preordered a copy and waited. Finally, the game was starting up. The gameplay was amazing. They clearly fixed the shooting problems that was from the first game, and added a lotBioshock Infinite contains everything a game should have; good gameplay, a great story, admirable characters- this game got it all. Hyped up since the announcing of it, Bioshock Infinite was surely in for a ride. I preordered a copy and waited. Finally, the game was starting up. The gameplay was amazing. They clearly fixed the shooting problems that was from the first game, and added a lot more weapons. The story was mind-blowing, and there is a HUUUUGEE twist that comes out of this. You become attached to the characters with the snap of your finger, and you meet many more along the way. The voice acting is incredible, ranging from teary song lyrics sung by Elizabeth to heart-breaking tales told by Booker. I highly recommend this game- and if you played the first two games like I did, you will like it ever more. Expand
  40. Jun 17, 2013
    "Just because a city flies doesn't mean it don't have it's share of fools." Let Me say I enjoyed this game a lot. I loved the dynamic between Booker and Elizabeth. I absolutely loved watching Columbia crumble around Them as the Comstock faithful fought with the Vox populi. The graphics are not that great, but when You consider the scope of this whole city existing and floating and swaying"Just because a city flies doesn't mean it don't have it's share of fools." Let Me say I enjoyed this game a lot. I loved the dynamic between Booker and Elizabeth. I absolutely loved watching Columbia crumble around Them as the Comstock faithful fought with the Vox populi. The graphics are not that great, but when You consider the scope of this whole city existing and floating and swaying in the wind while leaves fall from the trees and people populate the streets conversing it's easy to forgive any minor flaws You could nitpick from the presentation. The gameplay is light and pretty good actually I loved the vigors You get to take advantage of and the weapons provided. I'd have to say thee most fascinating facet of this game is the presence of the Lutece siblings. All of their dialogue is smart, witty, amusing, and thought provoking. overall a wonderful game if not a tad bit overrated. Expand
  41. Jun 19, 2013
    I love the game, the shooting mechanics are superb. The level design is really creative and fantastic. The best thing about this game was Elizabeth. She is one of the best companions in video gaming history.
  42. Oct 25, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite would've been my first Bioshock. But I decided to play through the original Bioshock first, since it came with Infinite as a downloadable bonus. After I finished Bioshock, I played through Bioshock Infinite right after so the first Bioshock would be fresh in my mind and so I could compare them. I am happy to say that while I prefer the first one, Bioshock Infinite is oneBioshock Infinite would've been my first Bioshock. But I decided to play through the original Bioshock first, since it came with Infinite as a downloadable bonus. After I finished Bioshock, I played through Bioshock Infinite right after so the first Bioshock would be fresh in my mind and so I could compare them. I am happy to say that while I prefer the first one, Bioshock Infinite is one of the best games I have ever played. The graphics in this game are BEAUTIFUL- seriously, everything looked amazing. The city of Columbia always felt alive and vibrant, even when you were fighting people. Where Rapture was dark and gloomy, Columbia is bright and colorful, which is a welcome change. Don't get me wrong, I loved Rapture, but I liked Columbia better as a city. Gameplay wise, Infinite controls well, and the mechanics of using visors and shooting are solid. The best part of infinite, in my opinion, is the story. I was not expecting anything this deep and intricate. Booker DeWitt (the character you play as), and Elizabeth, the girl you protect, are great characters, and they help the story in a bunch of ways. The ending of the story is one of the most though provoking endings I've ever experienced, and I implore you not to spoil it for yourself before playing. The only reason I like The first Bioshock better is because it just appealed to me more. While I didn't like a rapture as much, the game made me feel scared and nervous, which is exactly what it was supposed to do. It had great survival horror elements, and the enemies in that game were scary as HELL. That game was so dark, and I loved it for it. That's why I liked Bioshock better. That doesn't mean I didn't love Infinite, though. Infinite is, as I said earlier, one of the best games I've ever played. It is worth the buy. Expand
  43. Jun 20, 2013
    This game is pretty awesome! I am a huge fan of first person shooters. The skyline is something I have never seen in a video game. It was like going through a roller coaster. Controls were easy and adjustable. I liked this game because of the setting of a city in the sky, the graphics, textures, and the combat. Elizabeth was very helpful and not dead weight for me to look after. TheThis game is pretty awesome! I am a huge fan of first person shooters. The skyline is something I have never seen in a video game. It was like going through a roller coaster. Controls were easy and adjustable. I liked this game because of the setting of a city in the sky, the graphics, textures, and the combat. Elizabeth was very helpful and not dead weight for me to look after. The story was intriguing but I was a little disappointed by the ending because it was a little confusing until my second play through.

Bottom Line: Excellent Shooter, helpful AI, unique setting, with a cerebral ending
  44. Jun 22, 2013
    I've played many wonderful games in my youth. You know, when you are young and world is new and your friends are around and having fun everything is so much better.

I became software developer. As ages passed I've got lonelier. As I've become more experienced I've started to be numb to the new games. Yes, I saw colors in them and, sure, I bited. But to my sadness I felt no taste, no emotions. I felt I'm a keyboard&mouse operating machine that needs to execute to finish the game.

I though I'm getting old. Took me a while....

I've started Bioshock Infinite with usual: I've saved so many worlds before, this will be done in no time, just show me The Boss.

And then somewhere half way though the I felt that tingling sensation. I felt something! I felt the people who created this game saves many worlds as well. And this one is somehow different. I felt young and surprised by the world.

And when I passed the game ending I was just an ashamed and astonished kid that was lucky to touch the masterpiece made by of people truly order of magnitude wiser then him.
  45. Jun 23, 2013
    If you are a human being you should buy this game, period. I just recommend that you don't speed through the game because you might miss a lot of great details and foreshadowing in the game. You will end up loving Elizabeth, who is the best AI companion I've seen in a video game. If you like shooters, this is for you. The sky line and vigors add some variety to the combat while theIf you are a human being you should buy this game, period. I just recommend that you don't speed through the game because you might miss a lot of great details and foreshadowing in the game. You will end up loving Elizabeth, who is the best AI companion I've seen in a video game. If you like shooters, this is for you. The sky line and vigors add some variety to the combat while the excellent story will motivate you to push through. My one issue is with the graphics, which I expected to be much better. Things look a little too grainysometimes and it leaves you wanting more. But this is a minor gripe and you should definitely pick this game up. Expand
  46. Jun 25, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite has an amazing story, beautiful graphics and memorable characters but lacks in game play. It's not terrible its just nothing special. The Vigors are fun to use but some of them are under powered and so are some of the weapons. I recommend this game just for the story. Seriously the ending will blow you'er mind.
  47. Jun 29, 2013
    I played the game before, and I just watched a playthrough of it. It has the most beautiful story ever. Everyone should play it. I like the gameplay too. Some people had problems with the combat, I didn't, I really liked it; I usually don't play first person shooters, I don't really like them, but in this game, I enjoyed it. Best ending ever, best game ever, 10/10.
  48. Jul 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. the game is great i rely love this game but the game play not improve but the story is the best part of the game i feel like i was in a interactive movie the best part of the game is the ending and the charters Expand
  49. Dec 20, 2013
    Welcome to the true FPS game, this game is a masterpiece. The fact that Booker is as a real character instead of a character who has no name and does not talk is awesome. The relationship between the two characters is amazing and the story is truly a work of genius, at the beginning of the game the player has no idea of the turns the story takes. Combat is ingenious and skylines are fun inWelcome to the true FPS game, this game is a masterpiece. The fact that Booker is as a real character instead of a character who has no name and does not talk is awesome. The relationship between the two characters is amazing and the story is truly a work of genius, at the beginning of the game the player has no idea of the turns the story takes. Combat is ingenious and skylines are fun in a combat situation, the vigors are awesome powers that Booker can use. In terms of graphics this game is a masterpiece, Columbia is an amazing city where the player is able to spend hours contemplating the landscape. I never gave perfect score to a FPS game, but here you can forget everything you know about an FPS game, the Bioshock franchise is simply the best FPS ever. Expand
  50. Jul 6, 2013
    The best Story in a video game period. amazing characters, fun gameplay, beautiful setting, and DLC coming in the future! can't wait. This was worth the $60 I paid and worth the wait.
  51. Jul 10, 2013
    2013 have been a great year for gaming with some epic games coming out, BioShock Infinite is in my to 3 so far. BioShock Infinite's story is bit confusing for the first time but that makes the experince even better. Gameplay does tend to take you out of the story a little bit but it wasn't a big deal. The two main characters (Booker and Elizabeth) were done perfectly but all the other2013 have been a great year for gaming with some epic games coming out, BioShock Infinite is in my to 3 so far. BioShock Infinite's story is bit confusing for the first time but that makes the experince even better. Gameplay does tend to take you out of the story a little bit but it wasn't a big deal. The two main characters (Booker and Elizabeth) were done perfectly but all the other characters in the game were kinda boring even comstock wasn't that great. Expand
  52. Jul 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'll do a list of things that I enjoyed and follow it up with a few of my complaints.

I really enjoyed the setting. The city of Colombia is very detailed and has a lot for the player explore. The combat system is true to the Bioshock series. The diversity of the enemies makes the combat much more challenging and fun. The voice acting is top notch. The AI is very good as well. The Skyhook offers an interesting approach to both the combat and navigation of Colombia.

While the voice acting is very good, I feel like having a main character that speaks takes away from the game. The introduction of the alternate dimensions in this game definitely hurt the series in my opinion. Although it isn't a commonly used plot point, I feel that it doesn't really have a place in video games. Songbird would have been a very cool mini boss of sorts, but was wasted in my opinion. It could have played a much larger role in the story.

All in all, this game was very deserving a positive rating despite a few short comings in my opinion. You have to judge what is there, not what isn't, and what is there is phenomenal.
  53. Jul 28, 2013
    Lets just say, this game is truly a masterpiece, The graphics, storyline, combat, and the mindf@#! moments all make this game worth every cent, I certainly will play this again, and again.

BUY IT!
  54. Jul 29, 2013
    This is surely one of my favorite games ever. It was only an average fps and the graphics only seemed amazing due to the lighting, but I'll give those any day for a spectacular setting and a masterpiece of a story. Its true some of the game is like watching a movie, but those parts can be refreshing after massacring people for hours just preceding them. Buy this game. Although it has someThis is surely one of my favorite games ever. It was only an average fps and the graphics only seemed amazing due to the lighting, but I'll give those any day for a spectacular setting and a masterpiece of a story. Its true some of the game is like watching a movie, but those parts can be refreshing after massacring people for hours just preceding them. Buy this game. Although it has some flaws it is still one of the best games made in a long time. Expand
  55. Aug 4, 2013
    The gameplay was fluid and at the same time extreme, the story had depth and was complex unlike a lot of fps games these days, the graphics were absolutely outstanding, and finally the soundtrack gave it that 1900s touch. Bioshock Infinite is one of those games where you sit, paralyzed on your couch, after having finished the story, still digesting the series of events that had justThe gameplay was fluid and at the same time extreme, the story had depth and was complex unlike a lot of fps games these days, the graphics were absolutely outstanding, and finally the soundtrack gave it that 1900s touch. Bioshock Infinite is one of those games where you sit, paralyzed on your couch, after having finished the story, still digesting the series of events that had just happened. Simply beautiful, one of my favorite games I've ever played. Expand
  56. Aug 8, 2013
    Few games can be as engaging and imaginative. Bioshock Infinite's setting is unmatched as far as world building is concerned. The story and characters are diverse and allegorical. The gameplay is fun and innovative. I laughed, I cried and I kept thinking about this game long after the credits rolled. A must buy.
  57. Aug 8, 2013
    This bioshock is ten times better than the overrated original. It is actually a fun shooter with more fluid controls and a great story with a huge twist that you won't want to miss. Although I enjoyed it very much it isn't as amazing as most say and if you don't care too much about story or characters then I can name ten shooters way better. Overall a good game.
  58. Aug 19, 2013
    Definitely one of the best games put there for PS3. I've never played Bioshock 1 or 2 as I thought they were to scary (sic). But I think this is just about perfect. Still, not a game for sissies but a great experience whatsoever.
    The story, the gameplay, the graphics, the weapons, everything looks, feels, and is god in this game. Although the story gets a bit difficult to keep up with sometimes it is still a great story that is so deep and interesting. Add to that the (now famous) Elizabeth who enchants this game so much that I simply can't imagine any game getting this close to a perfect companion ever! You simply can't help but admire her and all I wanted was to get to know more of her story!
    This game definitely deserves a spot in the hall of fame, 'cause it's simply just GOOD!
  59. Aug 18, 2013
    I loved this game, it confused me at the best of times but thats whats the best part of this game, its an amazing shooter that ties in amazingly to an ending that makes you sit and think, my nitpick would be around a bit of repetitive scenery, but thats all. Its like the first one and not like the first one in so many ways, the ending is one thats unforgettable and makes you think backI loved this game, it confused me at the best of times but thats whats the best part of this game, its an amazing shooter that ties in amazingly to an ending that makes you sit and think, my nitpick would be around a bit of repetitive scenery, but thats all. Its like the first one and not like the first one in so many ways, the ending is one thats unforgettable and makes you think back through your journey to tie in small things that had such a big impact in the end.

its a fantastic story, a fantastic game and well worth buying.
  60. Sep 16, 2013
    This game was definitely interesting. To start, I will say that this is the first Bioshock game I played in the series, and I have since played 1 and most of 2, and for the first impressions of the series, it does some things unbelievably well, but falls short in just a few areas that I find personally annoying.

This is one of the best stories I have ever seen in an arena-style shooter,

This is one of the best stories I have ever seen in an arena-style shooter, one that blows away the story of the first 2. Throughout the game, you will come across many memorable moments that may seem completely detached from other parts of the story, but the ending ties all of these weird scenes together. I will not spoil it, because if you have not played it, you will not see the ending coming. It's an idea that is so out-there that I am very surprised that developers have found a way to implement it into a video game.

The things that bothered me about this game was the gameplay, and how it seemed repetitive. There is not much, in terms of gameplay, that would separate it from other arena-style shooters such as Quake or Unreal Tournament. There are vigors, which are similar to plasmids in the first 2 games, but these seem less effective in this game, and so it just becomes a generic shooter at times. Also the end "boss", if you can call it that, was extremely frustrating, and seemed like an unnecessary spike in difficulty right before the epic ending. If they had found a way to prevent these monotonous sections of shooting and the bs end "boss", this game would have easily been a 10/10.
  61. Jan 18, 2014
    Fun, and awesome.
    The story was at most pretty good and without giving away spoilers: It gets CRAZY, the PS move support felt more like playing CoD on Wii, and there were some frame rate drops, if you are a PS Plus member, luckily this is free until a certain time.
    Still I would highly recommend this.
  62. Sep 9, 2013
    The game is a beautiful world to discover and explore and amazing graphics but they needed more likeable side characters and little more back story for Comstock, Elizabeth and booker but it is an awesome game
  63. Sep 25, 2013
    High quality story and production, the sky hook system is a pain to use and choosing tears to open doesn't work and just gives away that the enemies are nearby. These drawbacks are balanced by the great things transferred over from the original Bio shock, however it also makes you miss the things that aren't. The sky city of Columbia is worth visiting for its art and atmosphere.
  64. Jan 21, 2014
    If you expected a game that is a lot like the originals, think again. The latest installment of the Bioshock series gives a bit more of a fast paced shooter, rather than a strategic "Horror-Shooter". They have simplified many mechanics (such as hacking no longer being there) to the game, but this does not make it bad. This game is simply it's own game, rather than a game feeding off of theIf you expected a game that is a lot like the originals, think again. The latest installment of the Bioshock series gives a bit more of a fast paced shooter, rather than a strategic "Horror-Shooter". They have simplified many mechanics (such as hacking no longer being there) to the game, but this does not make it bad. This game is simply it's own game, rather than a game feeding off of the old game's success. I'm glad for this, even though I prefer the originals. The series changes from being mostly about the city and the powers. While in Infinite, the powers known as Vigors are simply there to assist the player, rather than being a large plot point. Infinite is much more character heavy. The characters matter much more than they did in the original. Overall this is a great game, with changes that make it it's own game, making it fresh and new. Though I do wish that they will do more with Rapture, other than just DLC. Expand
  65. Oct 22, 2013
    Although this game is waaaay different than the first two Bioshocks, it is still an amazing game. It earns the 10 it gets. The visuals are just breathtaking,the gameplay is smooth and fast, the characters are kind of meh but some are amazing, the story will keep you wanting more and the overall feel is nice. It's GOTY worthy and worthy of your money.
  66. Nov 1, 2013
    If you are of those people who are looking to play a commercial fps, please be away from this game, it has a complicated story, different mechanics compared to other shooters, and it has no multi-player, but if you are looking for great solo experience, intriguing story, incredible game design, funny game-play mechanics, beautiful visuals, in short, a excellent game experience; well thisIf you are of those people who are looking to play a commercial fps, please be away from this game, it has a complicated story, different mechanics compared to other shooters, and it has no multi-player, but if you are looking for great solo experience, intriguing story, incredible game design, funny game-play mechanics, beautiful visuals, in short, a excellent game experience; well this is the game you wanna play. Expand
  67. Nov 2, 2013
    OMFG!!! This game is amazing.

The game started of good, and the flying city of Colombia is interesting to say at least. When I played this game I had not played any other BioShock games, but now I have started to play BioShock 1. Graphics in this game are not made to look realistic, but both art style and graphics are gorgeous. And the extreme amount of gore just helps the game on the
    OMFG!!! This game is amazing.

Graphics in this game are not made to look realistic, but both art style and graphics are gorgeous. And the extreme amount of gore just helps the game on the way. The combat and shooting mechanics are very fluid and fun to play with.
    But what really blew my mind with this game was the ending. And without spoiling it is going to leave you with questions and I thought about it for the entire credits before I fully understood it.
  68. Nov 24, 2013
    In a nutshell: this is the best game I have ever played ever, and one of the best games you and I will ever play. It is perfect. It is raw, unadultarated and makes no apologies for it, yet it is beautifully balanced in every way. The mind-bending vistas of Columbia, the "Repunsel-inspired" story, the creative cause and effect combat that has become so classic to BioShock and then there'sIn a nutshell: this is the best game I have ever played ever, and one of the best games you and I will ever play. It is perfect. It is raw, unadultarated and makes no apologies for it, yet it is beautifully balanced in every way. The mind-bending vistas of Columbia, the "Repunsel-inspired" story, the creative cause and effect combat that has become so classic to BioShock and then there's the really special little gem called Elizabeth... I didn't know AI's could be this human, honest to God she has more character in her severed "pinkie" finger than the entire human race put together. BioShock Infinite has something for everyone, no matter how big or small everyone can connect with this masterpiece on some level. But really the only reason BioShock Infinite gets 10/10 is because I can't give it 21/10. Expand
  69. Jan 2, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite is a fantastic game and one of my favorite experiences of 2013. The floating city of Columbia, with its extremely vibrant artistic design and old-timey feel reminiscent of Disney World's Main Street, is one of the most memorable video game worlds to explore. I loved walking down the street listening to a barbershop quartet and watching the different floating islands weaveBioshock Infinite is a fantastic game and one of my favorite experiences of 2013. The floating city of Columbia, with its extremely vibrant artistic design and old-timey feel reminiscent of Disney World's Main Street, is one of the most memorable video game worlds to explore. I loved walking down the street listening to a barbershop quartet and watching the different floating islands weave throughout the clouds in all their majestic glory. The story is also nearly unrivaled in all of video games, starring Troy Baker as the lovable yet mysterious Booker DeWitt, a former Pinkerton agent tasked to finding and retrieving a girl named Elizabeth to repay an old debt. While the chemistry doesn't come close to matching that of Joel and Ellie in The Last of Us, both lead characters are extremely memorable and leave a lasting impression long after the credits roll. Elizabeth herself is a technical marvel, interacting with the environment to not only instill an incredible sense of realism, but also aid you in your journey by providing vital ammunition and health kits when your inventory runs dry. This trick is unbelievably useful to the player during tough fighting sequences, along with Elizabeth's special power of opening tears into other dimensions and pulling in useful allies or new weapons to manipulate. All of these benefits make Elizabeth one of the greatest sidekicks ever conceived, especially when considering her charming innocence but surprising cleverness, as seen by her philosophical quotes and lock picking abilities. By establishing two incredible leads, Irrational Games has crafted an experience that warrants multiple playthroughs, especially when the ending puts the entire narrative into a whole new perspective. The graphics also look gorgeous, but more of on an artistic level rather than a technical. Again I find myself comparing the game to the Last of Us, whose superb facial animations and movements cannot be beaten.
    On the downside, Bioshock Infinite has noticeable flaws. While the combat is engaging, it does get extremely repetitive during the midsection of the story. It feels like your standard formula of walking to a room, shooting up enemies, rinse and repeat. The skyline system, which was intended to spice up gameplay by changing combat locations and offering new shooting locations, are nauseating to use and make it impossible to lock onto your targets. In addition, I found myself rarely changing guns or Vigors, drinks that offer special combat powers, as the ones provided for me in the beginning were powerful enough to get me through the game with ease. Instead of enjoying the gameplay, I tried rushing through levels just to advance the incredible story. While there are several other nitpicks (not being able to fight the massive Songbird, overwhelming numbers of foes with little ammunition, a repetitive overall soundtrack, background characters that ruin the immersion by repeating their actions) I could focus on, none of them truly detract from the experience.
    Bioshock Infinite is a game that needs to be seen to be believed. The atmosphere is unparalleled, the lead characters are unforgettable, and the ending will leave you begging to return to Columbia for another adventure. While some aspects of the game need fine-tuning (especially in the gameplay department) and it falls short of the high upper class of gaming, it is still one of the best adventures I've ever played in a long time. There's definitely a better game awaiting in the sky.

9.4/10
  70. Dec 23, 2013
    This game is absolutely amazing. Great graphics, epic story, incredible soundtrack, AMAZINGLY fun and entertaining gameplay with a ton of options in combat, only issue I have is that it is incredibly short. In my first playthrough on hard mode it only took me around 12 hours and 1999 mode only added an extra hour to my gameplay time. But this game is a must own on any platform.
  71. Jan 13, 2014
    This game isn´t my top Game of the Year like for most people is, because for a journey full of uncomfortable themes, a great deal of emotions and taking place in a beautifully imagined city, even if the ending was very well executed, when I think about it, I ultimately find it to be silly in the end. But don´t let this that change your opinion about the game: it´s an amazing FPS shooterThis game isn´t my top Game of the Year like for most people is, because for a journey full of uncomfortable themes, a great deal of emotions and taking place in a beautifully imagined city, even if the ending was very well executed, when I think about it, I ultimately find it to be silly in the end. But don´t let this that change your opinion about the game: it´s an amazing FPS shooter all the way. The story is told in a beautiful manner, because it strikes you at times, and it makes you care for Booker and Elizabeth, who are probably the most conspicuous duo that I´ve met so far. But for the villains, I prefer Andrew Ryan over Comstock, and Songbird wasn´t given a major role in the game, just a tool device, because we don´t explore him enough. Gameplay is engaging and fun, I think even more engaging than the first Bioshock because of the context and, primarily, the Vigors. The enemies are well designed and quite intimidating, like the Handyman and the Patriot. The Skylines are lots of fun, adding a great feel in this floating city of Columbia. Elizabeth aids you in combat, throwing at you health, ammo and salts when you desperately need it; I just wish Elizabeth was given a gun at combat, because that, aside of making her help you more, it would have given her a trait as a intelligent, courageous and strong woman trying to survive the Vox Populi and Comstock´s men alongside Booker, not someone who hides and throws stuff at you. Now, I originally intended to give it an 8 in the overall, but with great protagonists, a superbly crafted city, an engaging combat, and lots of achievements in storytelling (this gave it an extra point), there´s no doubt that lots of game developers might take this game´s storytelling as a model for future games. Expand
  72. Jan 18, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A beautiful game. The floating city of Columbia may be the most vibrant and stunning environment we've ever seen in a video game. Solid gameplay, a story and extreme twist that is bound to give you a headache, and dynamic life-like characters. I'm not sure if a game has ever had as much as an impact as this game had on me. A perfect game. 10/10
    ....BOOKER CATCH!
  73. Feb 9, 2014
    This game... This freaking game is amazing, PICTURE PERFECT. Having being the second Bioshock I've played, I was expecting something like Bioshock 2. But when I tried the game myself, it was bright and colorful. Gameplay wise its the same as Bioshock 1&2 but you can only carry 2 weapons at time. This was annoying yes but you learn to work around it. It actually makes it more engaging whenThis game... This freaking game is amazing, PICTURE PERFECT. Having being the second Bioshock I've played, I was expecting something like Bioshock 2. But when I tried the game myself, it was bright and colorful. Gameplay wise its the same as Bioshock 1&2 but you can only carry 2 weapons at time. This was annoying yes but you learn to work around it. It actually makes it more engaging when your in the middle of a fire fight, your out of ammo on both your weapons, you can pick one of the weapons an enemy dropped and use it. The music is nice, not really my taste seeing as how the music is 1910s. Storywise, UGH!! CAN NOT GET ENOUGH OF IT!! This game is a must have. I recommend it for ANY gamer out there who loves to think and get engaged to the story Expand
  74. Jan 21, 2014
    Simply one of the most entertaining and fun games I've ever played on my PS3. It's a blast to ride down a skyline shooting up bad guys and using superpowers to get out of sticky situations, upgrading weapons and powers make the game fun and offers different play options and styles.
    The story can be a little convoluted but it's still a lot of fun and more thought out than 90% of the stuff out there.Graphics and settings are nice to look at, great package all together. No multiplayer but honestly it's not about that, if you want multiplayer look elsewhere. If you want an awesome fps game that cares about it's singleplayer and wants to take you on a ride, get this game.
  75. Jan 22, 2014
    Absolutely incredible game. This was the first of the BioShock franchise i've played and it has easily become one of my favourite video games ever. The graphics and locations are stunningly beautiful, and the gameplay is great. The story itself keeps you interested till the very end. All in all, a masterpiece.
  76. Apr 22, 2014
    There are no words that describe how flawlessly this game executes gameplay and story, and how well it mixes a great shooter with such an in-depth world. I had my doubts, definitely. I fell in love with Rapture, and it was hard to give up the dark, dreary, fallen city of hope for the flying city of Columbia, but I'm so glad I did. Bioshock blew my mind, it took me to a place I had neverThere are no words that describe how flawlessly this game executes gameplay and story, and how well it mixes a great shooter with such an in-depth world. I had my doubts, definitely. I fell in love with Rapture, and it was hard to give up the dark, dreary, fallen city of hope for the flying city of Columbia, but I'm so glad I did. Bioshock blew my mind, it took me to a place I had never experienced with games. The big reviewers will tell you it drops off in the middle, but that wasn't the case for me, I loved every moment of it and I would give just about anything to live in that city (before Booker of course). I'd like to note just how great the acting is from Troy Baker and Courtnee Draper, it's remarkable. The graphics look sort of cartoony at first, but it doesn't stop you from being completely sucked into the world. Calling this anything but the game of the year is a crime. The soundtrack is spot on and the world is believable. Of course, like all bioshocks, it is darker than it seems and packs a large twist at the end. Without spoiling anything, I'll say that it's bigger than than the first bioshock, and will leave you thinking for weeks after you finish the game. Which is good, this game had huge shoes to fill, and everyone knew that there would be a twist, and that's why it had to be great, it wasn't a surprise anymore. But the execution is amazing. I've never been happier to revisit a game and write a review. While I may believe that this game if for everyone, there is a sure way to tell; play the fist half hour of the game, and if you're not completely swept away, then maybe it isn't for you. But I promise, the margin of players who won't enjoy this, isn't even worth mentioning. I spent the better half of four hours exploring the city. No guns, no problems, just a new city to explore, and I enjoyed it tremendously. I cannot begin to explain how great this game is and how I actually found sentimental value in it. Play it, love it, and keep it forever. Whether you're a fan of the Bioshock series or not, now is the time to jump into the masterpiece that is Bioshock Infinite. Try it out, and you'll understand. I'll see you in Columbia. Expand
  77. Feb 14, 2014
    Bioshock infinte is a master piece sucking you into the world of Columbia right from the start but with a confusing middle it makes you feel that the narrative gets a little messy but the music,stunning visuals,and exicting world are enough to keep most engaged.In all bioshock infinte is a great end note to an even greater series and you this is not one to be avoided.
  78. Feb 22, 2014
    Best Bioshock to date. I know many people will disagree with me, but this game shocked me like nothing I've ever played before, even surpassing the shock value of the original. The game starts off fantastically, offering a bit of a nostalgia effect for old fans. Where as you took the bathysphere down to an a "hellish" place, you take an elevator up to an almost "heavenly" place. Not toBest Bioshock to date. I know many people will disagree with me, but this game shocked me like nothing I've ever played before, even surpassing the shock value of the original. The game starts off fantastically, offering a bit of a nostalgia effect for old fans. Where as you took the bathysphere down to an a "hellish" place, you take an elevator up to an almost "heavenly" place. Not to mention that the opening sequence is was so beautiful, it was probably the first time I've ever stopped to in awe, to look around and take in what I was seeing. The combat was a bit repetitive, but was fluent, and definitely felt better than the first two games. They also manage to throw in those horror elements the games are known for that you wouldn't expect from a city like Colombia.
    Enough about that though. The two things I think most people are wondering about are Elizabeth and the game's story. Well, Elizabeth is an amazing character, unique in almost every way, and she makes it feel like it's not an escort mission, but that she's been you're partner from the beginning. Seriously, now that I've seen what a god follower can do, I plan on going lone-wolf the next time I play a game such as Skyrim or FNV.
    Finally, there is the story, and let me tell you, this game delivers. From that amazing opening scene I mentioned earlier, to the ending. Oh boy, that ending. Never has any form of entertainment shocked me like this ending did, with a plot twist that even topped the original Bioshock's. And it still gives me the shivers on my 3rd playthrough. Game of the year, and one of the best of the generation.
  79. Mar 29, 2014
    when i first bought this game i was a bit sceptic at first but what i bought was one of the best games ever the game lays in the genre i like to call story driven fps where the game uses amazing visuals and a deep and gripping story dont get me wrong the game has tromenduos action scenes leaving me in aww you play as booker dewit a man who is sent to collect a girl in the floating city ofwhen i first bought this game i was a bit sceptic at first but what i bought was one of the best games ever the game lays in the genre i like to call story driven fps where the game uses amazing visuals and a deep and gripping story dont get me wrong the game has tromenduos action scenes leaving me in aww you play as booker dewit a man who is sent to collect a girl in the floating city of colombia where you unravel the secrets of the city the truth about elizibeth the gameplay is is amazing but can feel repetitive and predictible and the ending if you play this game to the end you will be left shocked and i almost forgot the sky hook system is superb but i feel as if the melee attacking on the scy hook was tacked on to try to ad a combat element for people who stay on these hooks all in all the game took me a little over 10 hours and that was on easy listen quick tip use the konami code to unlock 1999 mode where it is nvery hard this game is a blast and other than a few minorly small hicups in combat this game is a must buy Expand
  80. Apr 16, 2014
    This game was absolutely amazing. I am not usually a FPS but I gave in for this game and am so glad I did. The story line especially that ending...that ending! Of course no spoilers plus how can you possibly explain how it messes with your mind. I loved it. I was very fond of Elizabeth. Quite a character and great it didn't really feel like an escort mission. Whenever the dear threwThis game was absolutely amazing. I am not usually a FPS but I gave in for this game and am so glad I did. The story line especially that ending...that ending! Of course no spoilers plus how can you possibly explain how it messes with your mind. I loved it. I was very fond of Elizabeth. Quite a character and great it didn't really feel like an escort mission. Whenever the dear threw me some coin or ammo I would say thanks Liz. The visuals were the thing that drew me into playing the game but the storyline kept me playing. Outstanding. I am going to go for a second play through soon and I cannot wait to return to Columbia! Must get all those tapes... Expand
  81. Apr 10, 2014
    Like Bioshock 1 and 2, this game left a lasting impression for me. Playing it gave me a similar feeling to playing "Doom" for the first time. I won't go into too much detail on the story, because this is a review, not a synopsis, rest assured though, the story is very good. It provides a strong incentive to really kick some ass. And that's why Infinite is so well done: you feel like whatLike Bioshock 1 and 2, this game left a lasting impression for me. Playing it gave me a similar feeling to playing "Doom" for the first time. I won't go into too much detail on the story, because this is a review, not a synopsis, rest assured though, the story is very good. It provides a strong incentive to really kick some ass. And that's why Infinite is so well done: you feel like what you're doing has a purpose. It's not just a series of contrived objectives that gets you from point "A" to point "B;" the action has a very natural feel, as opposed to the heavily scripted, QTE games of today. This is a richly crafted game, with a very candid feel. Most importantly though, it's truly very fun, and it doesn't insult your intelligence! Best game of 2013. Expand
  82. Apr 20, 2014
    the first BioSchock game is a masterpiece and with that being said, Infinite is even better than the first game. I was worried that the city of Columbia would be to weird of a change from the eerie city of rapture, but infinite came off with a different vibe completely that made Columbia's beauty work so well. one of if not THE greatest story in a game ever and the most mind bendingthe first BioSchock game is a masterpiece and with that being said, Infinite is even better than the first game. I was worried that the city of Columbia would be to weird of a change from the eerie city of rapture, but infinite came off with a different vibe completely that made Columbia's beauty work so well. one of if not THE greatest story in a game ever and the most mind bending conclusions and plot twist I have ever seen in game, movie, book or anything! not everything is revieled to you either, a lot of it is left to your interpretation. also, Elizabeth is my favorite female character in a video game ever, (besides clementine from the walking dead). the gameplay is awesome as well, brilliantly violent and creative since the game offers more weapons and plasmids, I mean vicors, to use than the other games provides you with your own strategy to fight foes in any way you like. this is my favorite game of all time, and I don't say that lightly, I have never enjoyed a game as much as I enjoyed this one. Expand
  83. Apr 21, 2014
    Este juego puede hacerte pensar en muchas cosas, si hay algo más alla de la muerte o si la religión que profesas ha sido una farsa, ningun juego me ha hecho pensar esto desde el 1er Bioshock, que más puedo decir es perfecto y para cada lucha tienes que tener estrategia y te hace pensar (algo que no hacía desde el Doom haya en 1997) es la 5ta sinfonia de los FPS actual
  84. May 13, 2014
    This is by far one of my most favorite games in the PS3. Playing through the game was like taking a plunge to a gripping novel. It hits all of the high notes and fits into my standards of being a great game. It has a beautiful atmosphere and great setting. It is set in bright Columbia, where it is full of references relating to such heavy issues like religion and racism, yet it has thatThis is by far one of my most favorite games in the PS3. Playing through the game was like taking a plunge to a gripping novel. It hits all of the high notes and fits into my standards of being a great game. It has a beautiful atmosphere and great setting. It is set in bright Columbia, where it is full of references relating to such heavy issues like religion and racism, yet it has that sense of enjoyment like a carnival. It is also set in the skies. The story is confusingly great. Although it does not have a surprising twist like in Bioshock, it is still an amazing story that will leave your jaws dropping with alternate dimensions and head-spinning revelations. The characters are memorable and fantastic, especially Elizabeth. Booker DeWitt is also a great protagonist. He portrays as a depressed cop (or detective) who has nothing left to lose and has to pay all of his debts for one last mission. Even better is that at least he is not one-dimensional. He is not too depressed that he stays his pitch low but actually conveys emotions to the current situation and even makes decisions that is tough to even make as that specific character. Elizabeth is by far the best side character in a video game ever. She possesses traits that no other partner possesses. She is emotional yet does not seem one-dimensional. When I mean she is emotional, she expresses true expressions to the current situation of the game that will make the story more realistic like watching a 3D movie. I even just look at her when she says a dialogue. You don't have to protect her for she can protect herself. It is even mentioned in the game that you don't have to save her. She is ACTUALLY USEFUL by giving you health kits, salt and ammo. She is also a very memorable and enjoyable character. You would wish that she was not gone in your missions. Before its launch, they were afraid that she was that character that you have to escort to places and will just be an annoyance throughout the game, but surprisingly, she turned out to be one of your best partners ever in a video game. Other characters were portrayed well like Comstock, the Vox Populi and etc. Even the NPCs were portrayed well throughout the game. The gameplay was amazing. The added game mechanics were actually great game mechanics, even though there were only 2 (or 3 if you add carrying 2 weapons only). The tears were used in order to add more strategies in your gameplay. The skylines are my favorite. Not only it is a great and epic way to evade against your enemies, but you can also us Sky-Line Strike or Smash, where you can punch your enemies away from the freaking ground or even just punch them while riding the skyline. How awesome does that sound. The change of maximum weapons you can carry from 6 to 2 was actually kind of disappointing since I had to sacrifice most of my weapons and make decisions in which I will regret later, but there was something I realized about this new mechanic. This was actually a sacrifice to the developers of the game because since Elizabeth will give you ammo in the game, if they added no maximum weapon carriage amount, it will end up as she was giving you ammo to another ammo even though it was unnecessary. This is to make Elizabeth not an annoying character. Bottom line, buy this game. This is like Bioshock so if you like that game, buy this game. It will truly blow your mind. 10/10 Expand
  85. Jun 12, 2014
    Just wow. The story in this game is amazing, and you finally get to play as a character that is able to speak in a bio-shock game. That in it self is great, but for story building it is vital. You really get to know your character (Booker Dewitt) and you can really feel the bond that he and the game's 2nd character (Elizabeth) are forging through out the story. The ending of this game isJust wow. The story in this game is amazing, and you finally get to play as a character that is able to speak in a bio-shock game. That in it self is great, but for story building it is vital. You really get to know your character (Booker Dewitt) and you can really feel the bond that he and the game's 2nd character (Elizabeth) are forging through out the story. The ending of this game is one of the better i've ever seen, and it really leaves you thinking.

Now this game is not just about the story, but it actually looks truly amazing aswell. Differing from the two other bioshock games, this one is a lot more colorful and a true joy for the eyes. Mechanics wise i feel shooting is a lot better in this one then say Bioshock 1 where i felt the recoil was just plain weird, here i didn't think any of it, meaning it's probably good as it is.
  86. Jun 14, 2014
    I thought it was a brilliant game. I found the game play intuitive and the plot compelling. I was constantly wondering what was coming next and they often had incentives to explore the area and it is a beautiful world they created. Many people have problems with the ending and I must admit I was rather confused so I looked up potential solutions online and found one that made a lot ofI thought it was a brilliant game. I found the game play intuitive and the plot compelling. I was constantly wondering what was coming next and they often had incentives to explore the area and it is a beautiful world they created. Many people have problems with the ending and I must admit I was rather confused so I looked up potential solutions online and found one that made a lot of sense to me. I think most people didn't like it because it wasn't what they were expecting and they didn't want to give it too much thought. But I think it actually works. In any case I would definitely recommend renting the game or borrowing from a friend if not purchasing it yourself. Expand
  87. Sep 23, 2014
    Ken Levine knocks it out the park once more. After the success of the first BioShock, you're expecting another mind-bending twist and boy does it deliver. The soundtrack and atmosphere is once again great, even if the combat is a little weak at points.
  88. Oct 8, 2014
    Bioshock Infanite is deffinately one of the best games I played of 2013 for its amazing ope world, beautiful visuals, solid gameplay, a perfect soundtrack and some of the best voice acting in a game. However I do have one problem with the game and don't hate me if you played the game but I found the story a bit confusing at times especially the ending where I could not wrap my head aroundBioshock Infanite is deffinately one of the best games I played of 2013 for its amazing ope world, beautiful visuals, solid gameplay, a perfect soundtrack and some of the best voice acting in a game. However I do have one problem with the game and don't hate me if you played the game but I found the story a bit confusing at times especially the ending where I could not wrap my head around it, but because of all the other good things about the game, I was really happy to have played it. Expand
  89. Feb 18, 2015
    i love this great game in the world. More combat, more things that make the people stupid of why they want to kill you lol. Best game in years!!!!!!!!
  90. Oct 25, 2014
    What drove people mad about this overrated game was its AMAZING art design & graphics, which are some of the best. The story is good enough although takes some twists that weren't necessary in my opinion, the racial focused story at the beginning was good enough to me.
    Voice acting is perfect, soundtrack is great, what lacks is the exploration element, too linear for me. and yes Bioshock1 is ten times better, so if you need some bioshock in your life, play the first and then try this one!
  91. Nov 27, 2014
    This isn't a game that screams classic right away but the ending makes it so.

Rarely do video games present such a thought provoking story that can be a metaphor for gaming itself.

Top that with beautiful visuals and an amazing cast of voice actors and you get a 10.
  92. Nov 29, 2014
    This game was fantastic. I loved Bioshock 1&2 and this game did not disappoint. The gameplay felt the same as the other two, just smoother as expected. The story is what really sealed the deal, it was very, very good. I definitley recommend purchasing this game. It is a very fun experience.
  93. Dec 29, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite manages to deviate from the things that made the first two games so good and create its own engrossing world full of some really fun gameplay, absolutely beautiful visuals, the most helpful partner ever, and an absolute mind bender of a story. Bioshock Infinite is phenomenal.
  94. Jan 29, 2015
    Eh dont really know what to say here. Its not as good as the first 1. Better than the 2nd 1. Grappling i like but doesn't really add anything besides making it harder to aim. Its polished. As for the story i think there trying to do Alice-in-Wonderland combined with racism and religion. Idk make it more comprehensable next time. The 1st 1 was a straight up rip off of the wizard of oz. ButEh dont really know what to say here. Its not as good as the first 1. Better than the 2nd 1. Grappling i like but doesn't really add anything besides making it harder to aim. Its polished. As for the story i think there trying to do Alice-in-Wonderland combined with racism and religion. Idk make it more comprehensable next time. The 1st 1 was a straight up rip off of the wizard of oz. But it was a good ripoff. Expand
  95. Jun 19, 2017
    What a great game. From the city of Columbia and the atmosphere. Booker and Emily are great characters. This game really comes alive with Emily and her ability to help Booker throughout the game. And that story wow.

1. May 27, 2013
    In an infinite universe, anything can happen, but in Infinite's, the specifics are what get you.
  2. Play UK
    Apr 23, 2013
    One of those rare games that speaks to the player on a personal, emotional level with a thought-provoking, mature storyline set in one of the most amazing worlds conceived in a game. Plus, it's a wonderful FPS with deep, tactical combat. Essential. [Issue#230, p.66]
  3. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Apr 22, 2013
    Multiple dimensions and a clever scenario with a surprise around every corner make it difficult for us to explain our enthusiasm without spoiling the story. Only the extended ghost chase (literally) halfway through the game drags on a bit too long. [April 2013, p.74]