BioShock Infinite PlayStation 3

8.5

1. Mar 26, 2013
    It's so different to the first Bioshock, yet so similar at the same time. It does everything right, great story, amazing graphics and combat, and if anybody's having second thoughts about buying it because they're worried about Elizabeth being annoying, that's not an issue at all. She adds so much to an already fantastic game. Just buy it already!
  2. Mar 31, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a Bioshock game, period. I know it looks different and may seem different, but a lot of the things from Bioshock are in Bioshock Infinite. While Infinite has its own look and everything, which makes it feel new and fresh, this is a Shock game through and through, so you have a mix of the familiar with something entirely new. The combat is very similar to the firstBioshock Infinite is a Bioshock game, period. I know it looks different and may seem different, but a lot of the things from Bioshock are in Bioshock Infinite. While Infinite has its own look and everything, which makes it feel new and fresh, this is a Shock game through and through, so you have a mix of the familiar with something entirely new. The combat is very similar to the first game, but guns have more of a kick this time around. Plasmids also make a comeback in the form of Vigors, which allow for a lot of variation and experimentation in combat. There's also the inclusion of sky-lines, which make some fights really exciting and frantic. I'd say the combat scenarios are an improvement from the first Bioshock. You'll also be looting the environment and corpses for money, food, salt (for Vigors), etc.

Bioshock's art direction is simply stunning. It takes a very talented art team to pull off something like Infinite, and the team at Irrational was definitely up to the task. The amount of detail in each and every environment is staggering. You'll definitely understand why this game was such an undertaking and took so many years to create when you see it in action. Then you have Elizabeth, which is one of the most realized characters in all of gaming. Elizabeth's animations and interactions are one of Infinite's many highlights.

But Bioshock Infinite is ultimately all about the narrative, which it delivers on from beginning to end. This game's story is hands down one of the best in the business, even going as far as surpassing the original Bioshock. While Bioshock was a masterpiece, its ending left a little something to be desired. But this isn't the case with Bioshock Infinite. This game has an ending that'll blow you away.
  3. Mar 26, 2013
    This game basically fixes all the problems the last two Bioshock games had for me. Primarily the clunky combat system has been improved to the point I look forward to fighting enemies. Also while the game is quite linear (more so than maybe the other Bioshock games) I think its a good thing. I never felt overwhelmed or lost in this game. The interaction with Elizabeth is great (theyThis game basically fixes all the problems the last two Bioshock games had for me. Primarily the clunky combat system has been improved to the point I look forward to fighting enemies. Also while the game is quite linear (more so than maybe the other Bioshock games) I think its a good thing. I never felt overwhelmed or lost in this game. The interaction with Elizabeth is great (they did a great job with this difficult task) and adds a bit more depth to the story and action sequences. The graphics are gorgeous, but its not because of it requiring super high tech video cards, its because the art design and lightning are so good. The music and sounds are really well done. The storyline is done really well with great characterisation and pacing.

I don't like how the game saves as you have to reach certain points for it to save otherwise if you have to leave while playing you have to backtrack a bit. Overall an amazing game that deserves a perfect score!
  4. Mar 26, 2013
    Already a contender for GOTY. Gorgeous and unbelievable are understatements. Not only is this game the best in the series, i might put it as one of the best games this decade.
  5. Mar 26, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a true contender for Game of the Year. From the gorgeous graphics and the addictive game play and the smooth controls makes this one of the best video games of all time in my books if you have never played Bioshock I strongly recommend you go and buy it once you play the first few minutes of Bioshock you will be hooked on these amazing games.
  6. Apr 5, 2013
    Combat is solid and the skylines make for a great amount of fun. The animations, voice acting and sound might be the best overall we have ever seen in a game before. The story is sound and interesting. Must buy.
  7. Apr 19, 2013
    This game is what every sequel should aspire to be; it never tries to be the original, or to recreate the things the original does well, but makes it's own way, while still preserving the original's spirit.

This is a game not to be missed.
  8. Mar 27, 2013
    Amazing game. Level of detail is outstanding. The gameplay, story, characters and the setting are all fantastic. Go out and buy it you won't be disappointed.
  9. Mar 27, 2013
    A game that has been in development for a long time now has finally come out and it has 100% been worth the wait and a breath of fresh air to the first person shooter market. When all hope was lost for the first person shooter market with bad and boring games like Call of Duty and Sniper Ghost warrior, games that are being milked and milked to the point they are now bone dry, what BioshockA game that has been in development for a long time now has finally come out and it has 100% been worth the wait and a breath of fresh air to the first person shooter market. When all hope was lost for the first person shooter market with bad and boring games like Call of Duty and Sniper Ghost warrior, games that are being milked and milked to the point they are now bone dry, what Bioshock Infinite does is so imaginative with story telling and setting that all over first person games have a lot to live up to. When you first start in the world of the new Bioshock game you instantly feel a sense of journey and mystery this feeling carry's its way through into the floating city of Columbia were you are immersed into beauty and rich atmosphere its a city were you right a home with. The scale of this game is fantastic, from the open aired streets to small enclosed corridors of houses and some great Hollywood moments to put it up there with the greatest of games. The story is very deep to put it mildly its a little like the fairy tale rapunzel, get the girl fight the beast and get out, obviously things are not as simple as that but I will say at some point in the story the actual story hits you like a tone of bricks and continues to get more amazing, surprising and shocking but I wont tell you anymore. Columbia is a living and breathing world a world which you could defiantly believe to be true and the story brings it to life with small detailed things in the world; like flight paths. The girl Elizabeth as a AI character is the best I have seen as she interacts with the entire world she gives you ammo, health and vigors she also opens up tears in the world were she brings in things from another world to Columbia like cover and men to help you. Elizabeth also comments on things in the world and draws you to over paths like letters and books and yes when you go into the mens toilets she will wait outside for you. She is the most realist I have seen in a video game. There are a few down points but nothing that should put you off .One is half way through the game and it just slowly gets boring because your just shooting but it swiftly puts all that behind its self. Another is the gun combat it feels a little poor compared to the rest of the game's good quality's. And the last is nothing to do after you have beaten the game obviously you can replay it on a harder difficulty and collect everything but you can do that quickly I was hoping that there would be some sort of online feature but I would prefer just an amazing campaign which we got. Im sure they will bring out DLC The campaign is a good length I finished it in ten hours and that is also collecting everything and having a nose into every corner of the game. Over good points I should mention is superb voice acting by both leading roles and great script writing. Visuals are good there not incredible like Uncharted 3 and Battlefield but it is just perfect for the game. In conclusion this game is quality and it is very rare that people have so much care and perfection for their games the people in Irrational games have this passion and it is great to see. I give this game a 9.8/10 what a masterpiece. Expand
  10. Mar 27, 2013
    Do not listen to any of the low reviews of Bioshock Infinite. Its one of the greatest games of all time just like the first one. The graphics on the xbox and playstation of course aren't as good as the pc, but it really doesn't take away from the experience at all. The game is a refreshing blast to a stale market of fps shooters. If you are tired of playing mindless copy and paste gamesDo not listen to any of the low reviews of Bioshock Infinite. Its one of the greatest games of all time just like the first one. The graphics on the xbox and playstation of course aren't as good as the pc, but it really doesn't take away from the experience at all. The game is a refreshing blast to a stale market of fps shooters. If you are tired of playing mindless copy and paste games such as call of duty I highly recommend picking up Bioshock Infinite, but if you are one who can't sit through a single player game and have a constant itch to play online with the masses I recommend you run far far away from this game. Expand
  11. Mar 28, 2013
    Well structured game that proves to the community that 2K Games really proves to be a company that takes time to create games with enough polish and a well-structured story. 10/10
  12. Mar 28, 2013
    As a fan if the original instalments in the BioShock franchise, I was excited to see where Infinite would go and what it would do to give players a fresh and exciting experience. And after getting my hands on it and playing it through I can honestly say that BioShock: Infinite does everything right.

The game is a joy to play, everything from roaming around the stunning streets of the flying city Colombia to riding the skylines with the useful and deadly skyhook, it all works seamlessly. The game has some of the best graphics I have seen in a very long while, and the way that Colombia has been painstakingly built from the ground up is jaw dropping. We as the players, are offered a city to explore unlike any I have seen before in any game, let alone a BioShock title. Where Infinite really shines though, is the story, which has to be one of the most moving 12 15hrs I have ever experienced in a game. Booker and Elizabeth's struggle to escape the doomed city is one that has many twists, turns and flat out shocks that I did not see coming. Moments throughout the game were tear wrenching and only made for a more compelling experience. To avoid spoilers I am simply going to say, if you want to play a genre and perhaps a generation defining game, look no further. BioShock Infinite is a flawless masterpiece, which despite it's many delays, has been well worth the wait.
  13. Mar 29, 2013
    This was a brilliant masterpiece of a game! Definitely made it into my top ten favorite video games of all time. I seriously do not understand how somebody could hate this game (and I am sure all the people who wrote bad reviews are the classic stick up your butt hate the world kids). Finally, something to break free from the mediocrity that has become gaming. I am torn because I lovedThis was a brilliant masterpiece of a game! Definitely made it into my top ten favorite video games of all time. I seriously do not understand how somebody could hate this game (and I am sure all the people who wrote bad reviews are the classic stick up your butt hate the world kids). Finally, something to break free from the mediocrity that has become gaming. I am torn because I loved BioShock 1 but I almost like Infinite more. The story is so complex and so awesome that I couldn't even believe it. It inspired me to create a metacritic account just to show support for the game in some way. The fighting and the world of Columbia is so awesome, strategizing how to fight using tears as well as skylines (and obviously your weapons and vigors), its incredibly fun. The developers and creators put a ton of time into creating this game and it shows, the attention to detail is ridiculous, you could spend hours just walking around and looking at the world of Columbia. It is absolutely gorgeous and usually I don't even care about voice acting in games but it literally was so good that I actually noticed it. Addictive gameplay and awesome fighting system. If you haven't played it and like the other two games, do yourself a favor and buy it or rent it at the very least! Collapse
  14. Mar 30, 2013
    okay to start. Whoever thinks this game is bad, they should put their controller down, hang a noose from the ceiling, and hang themselves. clearly you guys are haters and have no idea what you're talking about. The people who probably think this game is bad, still think sports games are "games"; they are simulators. this game will go down in video game history.the graphics, story andokay to start. Whoever thinks this game is bad, they should put their controller down, hang a noose from the ceiling, and hang themselves. clearly you guys are haters and have no idea what you're talking about. The people who probably think this game is bad, still think sports games are "games"; they are simulators. this game will go down in video game history.the graphics, story and gameplay are all spot on and have no flaws. I'll be the first 1 to say that's the second Bioshock sucked, but this is truly an amazing game that all should have the pleasure to enjoy. Expand
  15. Apr 1, 2013
    Full immersion which pulls you in and drains you of your emotions and excitement, all at the same time. Single player storytelling with NPC's has moved on with this game and that is what makes this game so special to me. It is a FPS though at heart, yet it has never pretended to be otherwise, that is why it has Bioshock in the title to tell you that. Well worth the wait. Thank you soFull immersion which pulls you in and drains you of your emotions and excitement, all at the same time. Single player storytelling with NPC's has moved on with this game and that is what makes this game so special to me. It is a FPS though at heart, yet it has never pretended to be otherwise, that is why it has Bioshock in the title to tell you that. Well worth the wait. Thank you so much for this gaming experience. Expand
  16. Apr 9, 2013
    Infinite plays around with many different concepts and themes as far reaching as Religion and Science. Yet it's these kinds of hard hitting issues that define Bioshock. The denizens of the squalid underwater utopia and this supposed haven in the sky, encases the protagonists in worlds that are disposed of egalitarianism. Bioshock Infinite is a remarkably presented game, with great ideasInfinite plays around with many different concepts and themes as far reaching as Religion and Science. Yet it's these kinds of hard hitting issues that define Bioshock. The denizens of the squalid underwater utopia and this supposed haven in the sky, encases the protagonists in worlds that are disposed of egalitarianism. Bioshock Infinite is a remarkably presented game, with great ideas and an ambiguous yet sentimental ending. The combat has you dicing between weapons and vigors, (a consumable alternative to plasmids) which have multiple varients such as Undertow- which is a short spray of liquid which can primarily fling targets away from you. The secondary usages of these vigors are usually trap based, and are meant to take out multiple hostiles at once. Enemy types are a little unimpressive, with face painted vox populi figures and big-daddy-like suited mercenaries taking most screen time. Encounters with the hulking Handymen and the Boy of Silence are miniscule, though there are quite a few fireman battles. Each of these are an ample test of your abilities to wield the vigors and plasmids, and are great enemies for experimentation. Your lifebar is much longer now, so you won't constantly be returning to chambers each time you die, and Elizabeth is great at gifting items that she finds, whilst staying out of sight of the enemy. Though it is a little odd that she gifts you so many coins. It's also a shame that there is no backtracking for collectibles, but the story and characters anchor the experience, which is the right approach. In the end Infinite completely delivers on the immersion and the care which lifts Bioshock above generic shooter status. Expand
  17. Apr 11, 2013
    Well considering the everything everyone has already ran over here with their smug giant ass in head Winnebagos, I will just go ahead and say it. I agree with thems alls! I will say that the original Bioshock kicked the living poop out of me for some time, an I always felt starved for ammo and on the edge. Here it is not the case, which for a fraidy cat is really nice. I like feelingWell considering the everything everyone has already ran over here with their smug giant ass in head Winnebagos, I will just go ahead and say it. I agree with thems alls! I will say that the original Bioshock kicked the living poop out of me for some time, an I always felt starved for ammo and on the edge. Here it is not the case, which for a fraidy cat is really nice. I like feeling challenged but comfortable enough that I know I can get ammo when I need it if I have the Jing. Beautiful beyond words is the world that you are thrust into, I was in awe from the first moment. Tried showing it to my Fiance who is religious, did not go over well... D: Imagine that. But the Symbolism inherent to works like these is thick and the iconography is just glorious. People will always complain about this or that not being what they had hoped, not enough, or too much. But the reality is, Irrational really did us a service with this one. I would have liked to see more interaction with Songbird early on, maybe a decent battle, or something physical. I was pleased with how the character was used. Elizabeth was fantastic and I found myself emotionally interested in her more than I expected to. As a parent you inherently feel more for how Children play in power scenarios. Some levels really seemed like the team went "OK we have all these ambitions, and only 80% funding and time in which to execute them" and it does feel a bit constricted. But it's great really, the weapons have gotten much more exciting than the first bioshock, and that for me was a major point of improvement that was noticeable. I ran with the Sniper rifle and Carbine as I love ranged engagements. I upgraded shock jockey and that ended up being very useful. I took one point off for an ending that I felt could have offered more in which to do with a scenario it was afforded through the complex story. Enjoy! Expand
  18. Apr 30, 2013
    i loved the first bioshock and this one, although realllly different, is still just as on par in terms of plot, gameplay, soundtrack etc. some of the voice acting can be annoying but that's just because i'm bipolar and everything is annoying when i'm manic. (anyway). anyway.
  19. Apr 30, 2013
    This is a great game. The greatness comes from gameplay, story, environment controls, polish, but not nessiceraly from graphics. But for true gamers we all know that graphics is not all to a game look at the sentence before, there are 6 or 7 things that contribute to greatness and this game by Irrational Games has it all.
  20. May 2, 2013
    Everything done right, hopefully it continues. My vote for GOTY. Beautifully takes an already amazing and well established series and brings it to another level. Answers lots of questions, raises more, but doesn't leave you feeling cheated like most games of the type do. Worth every cent. The escort mechanic is amazing, you're not just dragging around this useless sack to keep alive. OneEverything done right, hopefully it continues. My vote for GOTY. Beautifully takes an already amazing and well established series and brings it to another level. Answers lots of questions, raises more, but doesn't leave you feeling cheated like most games of the type do. Worth every cent. The escort mechanic is amazing, you're not just dragging around this useless sack to keep alive. One of the best I've ever played, Expand
  21. Apr 14, 2013
    This game is worth the hype do yourself a favor and at least rent it, you won't be disappointed, this is a true work of art. Plenty of throwbacks to the original Bioshock which is easily one of the best games of all time.
  22. Apr 6, 2013
    This game is probably the best game ive ever played. The combat and storyline in this game are legendary!!! Bioshock Infinite is a MUST OWN! Buy it now!
  23. Apr 8, 2013
    BioShock Infinite was a game that I was extremely hyped for when it was first announced and it has finally arrived. Was it worth the wait? Yes, if you have not played this game yet I highly suggest you do so. Its a game that is a must buy for any die hard gamer. It features some of the best characters, and storyline in a video game to date and it cannot be missed by anyone.
  24. Apr 13, 2013
    The game play may seem a little old to some, but I enjoyed it. The characters are believable, the game looks and feels great. Audio and voice acting are top notch as well.
  25. Apr 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ok lets start with the fact that this game is one of the best games that I have ever played. This game is so strange and unusual that it makes you want explore the world you are playing in. mix that with a brilliant storyline and exceptional gameplay.well you certainty will be hooked Expand
  26. Apr 7, 2013
    Up until this game I didn't consider myself a Bioshock fan. I liked the first one, but I wasn't crazy about it. The second one was good but that was because it delivered almost the same experience as the first one, minus the "Wow" of discovering Rapture for the first time. But this game, this game really got me.

I decided to take a risk with this one and buy it without watching or

I decided to take a risk with this one and buy it without watching or reading a single review, I even avoided watching any video released after the gameplay of E3 2011 just because I wanted to discover things by my own. I finished it a week prior to writing this review and definitely the feeling is still in there: I LOVED IT! It lived up to all my expectations. It is definitely one of the best experiences I have had as a gamer.

The gameplay was totally satisfactory, specially the sky-lines parts which were fast but easy to navigate; Elizabeth is just the most useful AI companion I have encountered in any game, in the beginning one may think that the player will have to take care of her, but it ends up being the other way around, she gives you ammo and medikits, creates objects for you to cover and interact with, and she is the one responsible for bringing you back to life when you die, it is an amazing change for the typical story about rescuing a "damsel in distress". It is also good to have a FPS character who speak throughout the game.

The visuals and music are gorgeous, and the story is just excellently executed but keep in mind that, just as the others games in this series, it is mandatory that you listen to the voice messages to see the whole picture.

This is going to be a great year for gaming, we already have "Ni No Kuni" in the RPG front and now "Bioshock Infinite" in the FPS'. Still have to wait to see what "The Last Of Us", "Beyond: Tow Souls" and "Grand Theft Auto V" will bring to table for the action-adventure, adventure and sandbox genres. This is going to be a very hard to choose GOTY.
  27. Jun 19, 2013
    This game is one of the most original I've ever played and the series is already in my "Top 10 video games series". It's hard to explain this game by words. It has so much emotions, great story, great characters (specially Elisabeth). Playing in that background was amazing and the enemies where challenging and strong and you needed a lot of variety of attacks to pass it on hard. TheThis game is one of the most original I've ever played and the series is already in my "Top 10 video games series". It's hard to explain this game by words. It has so much emotions, great story, great characters (specially Elisabeth). Playing in that background was amazing and the enemies where challenging and strong and you needed a lot of variety of attacks to pass it on hard. The plasmids aren't that useful that they where in the previous games but surely are useful and will save you a lot. This third game is the one you need more strategy because it doesn't have save points and you lose money when you die, money that you need to buy upgrades. Apart for the excellent gameplay you have a beautiful story and one of the most difficult to understand at the end but with a bit of attention you will get it. So what i meant to say was: this game is beautiful, has great characters, brilliant gameplay, great improvement for the series, good enemies and great music. This and the first Bioshock are tied in my favorites of the series.
    And by the way, the Songbrid was so brilliant and looked so good!
  28. Mar 30, 2013
    Bioshock infinite is amazing. The level of detail in this game is beyond the words of a reviewer, and the story is perfect for the time we live in. This is one of the best games I have ever played
  29. May 23, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is THE best FPS shooter since Goldeneye 007 and Perfect Dark on the N64. Not only does this instalment of the Bioshock franchise feel like an old school styled game but it also has that same feeling that I've been missing dearly since I last played those games.

The Halo games lacked the sensational feeling of the two great shooters on the N64. In fact, most games lately have deviated in terrible ways. FPSs have become Call of Duty knock offs, even though call of Duty ripped everything in the franchise from pre-existing franchises also. Bioshock Infinite has finally come out at a time where video games in general have been disappointing lately, especially in light of big-name titles, like Halo 4 from last year.

Bioshock Infinite is just a wildly good time with your console. You'll be sleeping in late because of how good the game is. I was a victim of staying up for hours playing this masterpiece to death. It's a game that's more than a franchise game: it's art. The environment of the game is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen, and we all know how pixels can make potentially beautiful things turn ugly. Thankfully, this is not the case here.

I can't recommend this game highly enough. If you're just going to get ONE game this year, THIS IS THE GAME TO TAKE HOME!

I give Bioshock Infinite 5/5 stars. One of my new all-time favourite video games.
  30. Aug 23, 2013
    A story that keeps you hooked till the jaw-droppingly deep ending, gameplay that's so deliciously violent and graphics that don't always look great, but it's sure fun to look at. I'm serious. That ending will leave you in deep thought for days.
  31. Mar 31, 2013
    In the first "BioShock", the main protagonist (like many FPS protagonists) was a blank slate. Nameless, voiceless, and effectively inconsequential. He was still important, sure, but his importance was owed mostly to his actions and origin rather than his personality or motivations. He was meant to be an empty vessel, and in a way, he could have been anybody. The real star was the city ofIn the first "BioShock", the main protagonist (like many FPS protagonists) was a blank slate. Nameless, voiceless, and effectively inconsequential. He was still important, sure, but his importance was owed mostly to his actions and origin rather than his personality or motivations. He was meant to be an empty vessel, and in a way, he could have been anybody. The real star was the city of Rapture and the philosophy and history within it. In "BioShock Infinite", however, it feels as though the roles have been reversed. While the flying city of Columbia is interesting and rich, by the end of the story, you realize that it really could have been any city with any philosophy and the story wouldn't have been very different. The real stars this time around are the central characters of Booker DeWitt and Elizabeth. While it does feel a waste that such an interesting setting is only explored peripherally, the focus on character in this game gives it its edge and its story is a puzzle but it doesn't sacrifice engagement in order to keep the player guessing. One of the best games ever. Expand
  32. Jun 4, 2013
    I don't think much needs to be said about this game. It is amazing, the guns are exciting, the powers are new and innovative, the storyline has a gripping hold on you as you're thrown around the room being twisted from all the plot devices. You have a beautiful companion who aids you in your adventures. Even the enemies are fun. Buy this game, it is fantastic, you won't have wasted yourI don't think much needs to be said about this game. It is amazing, the guns are exciting, the powers are new and innovative, the storyline has a gripping hold on you as you're thrown around the room being twisted from all the plot devices. You have a beautiful companion who aids you in your adventures. Even the enemies are fun. Buy this game, it is fantastic, you won't have wasted your money, it's one of the few games that's actually worth the £40.

I can't help thinking Bioshock 1 was better though. still deserves a strong 10 nonetheless
  33. Jun 16, 2013
    This game is amazing visually, the graphics and scenery of the city were wonderful. The story was quite interesting. I was hoping for more free roam to explore the city and ride the skylines however. Overall, a brilliant game.
  34. Mar 10, 2014
    This was my first Bioshock game ever, so I cannot comment how good it is compared to the original... It's fine game, don't get me wrong and I've loved the world in a first hour or so, however - it's not that special. And it get's a bit repetitive after a while. You run, you'll notice tears, you know there is going to be a fight (with the same repetitive enemies over and over again)...This was my first Bioshock game ever, so I cannot comment how good it is compared to the original... It's fine game, don't get me wrong and I've loved the world in a first hour or so, however - it's not that special. And it get's a bit repetitive after a while. You run, you'll notice tears, you know there is going to be a fight (with the same repetitive enemies over and over again)...

Story is good, atmosfere is briliant - but I don't think it deserves 1010.
  35. May 28, 2013
    One of the best storyteller game i have ever played. Lots of Easter eggs with story connection, amazing graphics, sounds, and graphic interface. great soundtrack too.
  36. Jun 9, 2013
    Best game!

I loved the first bioshock and this one, although realllly different, is still just as on par in terms of plot, gameplay, soundtrack etc. some of the voice acting can be annoying but that's just because i'm bipolar and everything is annoying when i'm manic. (anyway). anyway.
  37. Mar 30, 2013
    Infinite meets all of my expectations, luckily, and pushes the FPS genre forward in terms of narrative and gameplay with ease. I've never been a huge fan of the FPS genre as I feel that(making exceptions for games like Bioshock and Crysis) the genre as a whole has not pushed forward in the same ways as what other genres have. Luckily Infinite proves me to be wrong. The story draws you in,Infinite meets all of my expectations, luckily, and pushes the FPS genre forward in terms of narrative and gameplay with ease. I've never been a huge fan of the FPS genre as I feel that(making exceptions for games like Bioshock and Crysis) the genre as a whole has not pushed forward in the same ways as what other genres have. Luckily Infinite proves me to be wrong. The story draws you in, keeping you invested without the need of any cheesy cliches, and meets the same standard as what you would hope for a Bioshock sequel. The relationship between you and every other character is constantly changing and keeping fresh. But its not until you meet Elizabeth that the game becomes more than just a great game, it becomes a classic. In terms of story it becomes interesting, but its the gameplay that really benefits from her. Tears become a massive part of the gameplay, just as much as the super-powered vigors, making the battle feel like its constantly changing and becoming more complex. This also is in favor to the enemy types which are impressive as they range in difficulty making you often on edge throughout fights. This becomes more apparent when you consider the sound design as well, which is beyond impressive. Overall this game is an instant classic with plenty of replay value. Expand
  38. Dec 25, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a brilliant shooter with great gameplay innovations, unique and amazing graphic style and great visuals. The story is original and interesting but with a little but. Spoiler alert! When I finished the game I thought that the story was amazing but when I started to think and ask some questions... the story falls. In the end when you stop that one decision fromBioshock Infinite is a brilliant shooter with great gameplay innovations, unique and amazing graphic style and great visuals. The story is original and interesting but with a little but. Spoiler alert! When I finished the game I thought that the story was amazing but when I started to think and ask some questions... the story falls. In the end when you stop that one decision from happening(birth of Comstock) you realise that all that character development and story was all for nothing. Sure Comstock will never born but Booker is still the same person. Booker is still willing to sell his daughter, drunk and gambler. And I have to say that I didn't see the Bioshock1 plot twist coming at all. And I have to say that I am not a genius but in Infinite when you see Elisabeth opening a rift and you see Return of the Jedi movie... Time travel! So I was able to predict some conclusions about the story. The story could have been so so much better because themes like hypertime and timetravel opens so much doors. Expand
  39. Apr 27, 2013
    It's not perfect, but it's still far better than anything on the market. Its been years since a game this good has come out. The graphics are good, but their not mind blowing-good. It has great AI(for an FPS). The game isn't very hard, but that doesn't matter when the gameplay and story are so amazing. There are some changes in gameplay from the other Bioshock games. This one is focused onIt's not perfect, but it's still far better than anything on the market. Its been years since a game this good has come out. The graphics are good, but their not mind blowing-good. It has great AI(for an FPS). The game isn't very hard, but that doesn't matter when the gameplay and story are so amazing. There are some changes in gameplay from the other Bioshock games. This one is focused on combat, and has removed hacking to place more emphasis on combat. Whether this is a good or a bad thing is up to whether or not you liked hacking. Personally, I got tired of hacking about halfway through the first game, and hated it by the end. There are also some major changes to the upgrade system. Now you buy upgrades for your guns and vigors using money, and you get passive upgrades by finding gear or tonics. Not of that matters however, because the series's strong point has always been the story, and this game's story is one of the best in any game ever.
    9.9/10
  40. Apr 15, 2013
    From start to finish, Bioshock Infinite has you engaged in the story line and has you waiting till the very end for the awesome ending only Levine could come up with. What I loved about the game is the slick gameplay which reminded me so much of the previous Bioshock games, yet so different at the same time. But the best was Elizabeth's interaction, which was so well thought out. The bestFrom start to finish, Bioshock Infinite has you engaged in the story line and has you waiting till the very end for the awesome ending only Levine could come up with. What I loved about the game is the slick gameplay which reminded me so much of the previous Bioshock games, yet so different at the same time. But the best was Elizabeth's interaction, which was so well thought out. The best female character ever in a game, just spectacular to say the least. I've played the game 3 times over for the Platinum, and can't wait to another run through! Expand
  41. May 7, 2013
    This game made me feel there is still hope for the generation that is actually making themselves dumb by having almost to actually none variety with their swag, yolo, stupid internet hypes and admiration for overly repetitive and empty shooters. Acting (or even worse, actually being) dumb is the new cool and that's even worse than having hipsters, who at least were culturally seasoned.This game made me feel there is still hope for the generation that is actually making themselves dumb by having almost to actually none variety with their swag, yolo, stupid internet hypes and admiration for overly repetitive and empty shooters. Acting (or even worse, actually being) dumb is the new cool and that's even worse than having hipsters, who at least were culturally seasoned.
    Bioshock Infinite goes back to how games were not even 10 years ago before being dragged down by the financial crisis: a story that (quite literally) immerses you into the world you're playing. It trusts you and suddenly it stabs you in the back for being a threat to that wonderful place of comfort. The action pushes you forward constantly which is only in favor for the pace of the plot. There is philosophy and science (which Bioshock 2 lacked imo) and the game itself is a perfect statement on the illusion of choice, not only in games but also in real life. Do you really want to Eventually, you will, or won't, whether you like it or not. It shows a perspective of fatalism where most would see heads, but others see tails. The fact that the ending is inevitable and surprises you just as much as The Usual Suspects did when it first came out shows that plot twists still can be original and not a cheap trick of the industry to turn a half-baked story into something of more value just because you tricked the viewer.
    If anyone still doubted games are purely entertainment and can never be thought of as a piece of philosophy, a statement that cuddles with art only to eventually embody art itself, wash away your sins and rise anew with Bioshock Infinite.

I will state right here that most who gave this game a poor rating either don't even care about this aspect of the game and probably are the type of persons that would rather be playing Modern Warfare or Black Ops, don't care about philosophy and/or those who say the game doesn't explain itself probably didn't even care to collect all the voxophones or watch the Fink rotoscopes. There are of course the fans whose delusion is that a sequel only declines in quality, but as many franchises have showed us that a weak sophomore usually gets made up by an excellent, and sometimes even exceeding the original, third installment. Gladly I can conclude this is only a minority.
    However minor faults in the gameplay are present, playing this on an original PS3 definitely made the change when a friend let me play it on his PC and the difference shows why computers are still the best console: the graphics are alot better, gameplay is more fluid, no loading whatsoever (shorter ones when leaving/entering areas), no "glitches" (getting stuck on the stairs for instance). If you have the choice, choose PC for the perfect experience. For every gamer this is a MUST PLAY.

There is alot more to talk about within this game, like the Luteces, how fantastically Elizabeth is engineered or even how you never have an actual boss fight in this game but there is always YouTube for that.

"The Ocarina of Time of our generation"
  42. Apr 9, 2013
    Game lost in gameplay and difficulty, but has become more adult story, more action and, of course, Elizabeth. She the central figure in the narrative and the post as she is alive, she is alive responds to the world around you is looking for supplies. Enemies behave quite adequately, shame that still kill them easily. However postoanovochne fights, plasmids, their sequencing, and razlchnoeGame lost in gameplay and difficulty, but has become more adult story, more action and, of course, Elizabeth. She the central figure in the narrative and the post as she is alive, she is alive responds to the world around you is looking for supplies. Enemies behave quite adequately, shame that still kill them easily. However postoanovochne fights, plasmids, their sequencing, and razlchnoe weapons and great action in the battles will not be bored. Expand
  43. Jun 9, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is a great example of how delaying a game for more development time isn't a bad idea at all. This allowed Irrational Games to make an absolutely beautiful experience full of great characters and good gameplay paired with an amazing story. Booker's and Elizabeth's characters are brought together by not only the great writing, but also awesome voice acting by veteran voiceBioShock Infinite is a great example of how delaying a game for more development time isn't a bad idea at all. This allowed Irrational Games to make an absolutely beautiful experience full of great characters and good gameplay paired with an amazing story. Booker's and Elizabeth's characters are brought together by not only the great writing, but also awesome voice acting by veteran voice actor Troy Baker and Courtnee Draper.

The game is set in 1912, during the American exceptionalism and has you play as Booker DeWitt, a former Pinkerton agent who is sent to the floating city of Columbia to rescue a young woman named Elizabeth and bring her back to his employers in New York City. Soon after his arrival in the city above the coast of Maine, he finds that this slice of heaven in the skies is in a state of decay with two different factions battling for the future of Columbia, one side trying to keep the city as pure as possible and the other, called Vox Populi, acting as a group of rebels trying to fight for civil rights for all. This internal conflict sends Booker and Elizabeth flying through the middle of it all, on their way down to the ground and back to New York.

The fictional floating city is bright and vivid in colour and is just generally a sight for sore eyes, although it is hiding some dark secrets. This is good, because BioShock Infinite forces you to loot and scavenge for ammo, money and salts that power your vigors. Elizabeth will often find these things and will then toss them to you in an attempt to help you during your time of need. In general, Elizabeth is one of the best characters in video gaming. She is well written and her character model is superb, as is her AI. She will always take cover from incoming fire, although the enemies will never go after her. Irrational has done all they can to make Infinite not just a long escort mission which shows, as you never feel like you have to care for Elizabeth. She can take care of herself, which is good.

All in all, BioShock Infinite is a stunningly beautiful experience, but it has its flaws as most games do. You can and should pick it up for the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.
  44. Jun 9, 2013
    Firstly I'd like to state that I haven't played the original Bioshock games, which is why this game was a 9 rather than an 8. I say that because the ending was amazing to me, shocking and I didn't expect it. If i played the original, I would have prepared myself for some sort of plot twist, but then again I even heard the players of the original games were pretty surprised and shocked too,Firstly I'd like to state that I haven't played the original Bioshock games, which is why this game was a 9 rather than an 8. I say that because the ending was amazing to me, shocking and I didn't expect it. If i played the original, I would have prepared myself for some sort of plot twist, but then again I even heard the players of the original games were pretty surprised and shocked too, so although they was expecting some sort of twist, 2K games managed to please both older and newer players to Bioshock. And unlike most people, I actually preferred that ending, to what others might have wanted. And although it was disappointing to an extent, I still couldn't wait to replay the game anyway.

To the game. The story isn't what makes this game, it certainly drives it, but it was fun to play! The gameplay was fluent, a little crazy at times, but luckily the skyline gets you away from danger whilst zipping around, getting ready for another attack. It manages to get you involved with not just 'if you can defeat the enemies', but also 'how to defeat the enemies'. And although many people say that the AI isn't really hard, that is true, sometimes there's a few parts where you think 'was that it?' But believe me is does get harder at times, especially in the last hour or 2.

It's beautiful to look at and I wish you could've explored Columbia more at the beginning, but it gives you enough exploration throughout the game to satisfy the eyes anyway. I mean even when Columbia takes a turn for the worse, it still looks amazing. And talking of exploration, it DOES gives you enough freedom. I've heard that 'there isn't enough freedom in the game', 'you can go here, but not there' and that 'you should be able to go into every building'. For what? A few extra coins? (Which Elizabeth kindly finds occasionally throughout the game for you anyway) No, you don't need that sort of freedom, there's enough for you to look at, enough buildings to go into and although it can be linear at times it still doesn't force you to not explore.

Weapons in the game are alright, but don't waste your money upgrading them. Me personally, I found that whatever weapon I had would run out of ammo quickly. And I stupidly upgraded the pistol early on (Thinking cheap and cheerful) But I quickly found myself struggling to find ammo for it, and in the end I had to get rid of it for what the AI was using at the time. Upgrades for weapons in this game is pointless anyway. Even when you max out a weapon, it feels no different, you'll just find yourself picking up another weapon through sheer panic when bombarded with enemies. But that's not to say it's bad, there's a good choice of weapons, and upgrading them isn't necessary (But that's my opinion) I would rather upgrade the Vigors.

Vigors are these drinks which you find throughout the game and these drinks give you different types of abilities. Yeah, kind of like magic in a bottle. And they range really well, players of the original game I've heard were disappointed with the range, but for new players like me, I enjoyed using the Vigors, a lot. Even though there's 8 different types of Vigors, with great variety, you'll find yourself using 2 or 3 that you'll use and not the rest. But you'll be working your fighting style around them for sure, you can toss a group of enemies in the air whilst you can either run to safety to find health kits, or just shoot them whilst there floating. You can even absorb the enemies bullets and then fling it back at them to blow them and nearby enemies away, whilst saving your own bullets. Or you can even charge at them with your skyhook, killing them quickly and swiftly. There's a lot of choice and the upgrades for them are useful too, sometimes necessary. Would you want to upgrade a Vigor so that you can turn a human enemy to be on your side for a short time, and then see them kill themselves because they can't live with what they've just done, YES! So in my opinion, upgrading the Vigors over weapons is what I'll be doing in the next playthrough.

Negatives. Well you can say this isn't a HUGE leap forward in gaming, it was a good story with good gameplay. The 2 weapon slots was a terrible idea, annoying at times when they both run out of ammo, it almost forces you to use the AI weapons or to use the Vigors. The boss battle dragged on too long, the last level was ridiculously hard, you end up running around for salts to refill your Vigors or ammo for the weapons. You find these voxaphones throughout the game, which give you good and interesting information about the main story and other great little stories, but you struggle to find most of them. One of my friends told me something what happened in the game and I had no idea that happened. Good idea but I got bored looking for them. Which can also be said about the kinetoscopes, like an early form of TV, I got bored looking for them too.

But I really enjoyed it, I would certainly recommend it. GOTY? Maybe, we'll see!
  45. Jun 10, 2013
    The Bioshock franchise has always been praised and loved for its epic settings,excellent storytelling and groundbreaking gameplay.Bioshock Infinite takes that old and great formula and cranks it up in the best aspects.Bioshock Infinite takes place in the gorgeous city of Columbia following a quest by a man named Booker Dewitt trying to find a girl named Elizabeth to repay a debt.I knowThe Bioshock franchise has always been praised and loved for its epic settings,excellent storytelling and groundbreaking gameplay.Bioshock Infinite takes that old and great formula and cranks it up in the best aspects.Bioshock Infinite takes place in the gorgeous city of Columbia following a quest by a man named Booker Dewitt trying to find a girl named Elizabeth to repay a debt.I know what you are thinking,a game about a flying city,that the protagonist is trying to escape from with his/her companion while using a big arsenal of guns and skyhooks has already been done before (take Ratchet and Clank).Dont be fooled,Bioshock Infinite is one of the most original and best story driven games out there.any talk saying that this game is overated,stupid,etc,etc.thats just well.....****.ALTHOUGH im not saying this is a perfect game,any gameplay/walkthrough you have seen has shown this game's magesticly beautiful graphics in which i kid you not,i played this game like if it were a movie trying to walk as slow as possible while enjoying the beautiful detailing and......AMBIENCE of it all.If games like Journey or Flower,hooked you and favored it for its visuals then i URGE you to get Infinite KNOW.but know the last aspect you might want to know about....the gameplay.Personally........I really am not fond of the gameplay,i am not saying its bad its just that........like all Bioshocks,the whole game feels like you are just shooting some cardboard enemies in a cakewalk difficult game.The Plasmid feature of the first games including this one know called vigors was a fantastic experience and also know with the addition of the skyhook,it is even more fun BUT the combat it self is stiff and feels way too un-rewarding when you actually get to kill someone,although it still is fun bashing dudes in the face with skyhooks and bullets while swarming them with crows.As in the difficulty,its hard (when played on hard).the game has a fantastic/beautiful soundtrack and although it is a day-short game,IT HAS (no pun intended) INFINITE REPLAY VALUE.The biggest downside of the game for me besides the combat for me is that the fact that thesongbird character is under developed for how awesome he is.So on conclusion,Bioshock Infinite is a masterpiece experience that could only be experienced by playing it.It may not be industry changing game people proclaim it to be but,i still oblige you to buy it or atleast DEFINETLY rent it.Btw I THINK RAPTURE IS WAY BETTER THAN COLUMBIA. Expand
  46. Jun 14, 2013
    Infinite has the potential to be the GOTY.
    It has a compelling story,Awesome atmosphere it almost makes you wanna live there.
    and great gameplay and tons of replay value.
    It's a great addition to the FPS genre and i suggest that you buy it!!
    because that money will be well spent even though you're not a fan of FPS's you will definitely enjoy BIOSHOCK INFINITE!!
  47. Jun 14, 2013
    Well to preface this review, I have never finished the first Bioshock and haven't even played (although I have access to it through Playstation Plus) the second game. I have tried on several occasions to finish the first one but it never grabbed me enough to keep me going through. Fortunately not playing the first two games did not diminish my enjoyment of this one. Although I will sayWell to preface this review, I have never finished the first Bioshock and haven't even played (although I have access to it through Playstation Plus) the second game. I have tried on several occasions to finish the first one but it never grabbed me enough to keep me going through. Fortunately not playing the first two games did not diminish my enjoyment of this one. Although I will say that having played through the opening sequence of the first game did provide me with a great "aha!" moment in Infinite.

The second caveat to this review is that this is a game I would typically have played on my PC as that is where I play most of my shooters, or any game that is available there for that matter. However Infinite fit into the style of game that my wife enjoys watching me play so I picked it up on PS3 so it would be a "couch game" that I only played when we sat down together. So I went in expecting to miss my mouse and keyboard...

So onto my actual thoughts on the game:

Graphics
    The game looks beautiful, but I can't say that I'm surprised. For whatever the reason may be that I didn't finish the first game it wasn't the look of it as I really enjoy the visual styling of this series. The sense of place and the atmosphere they are creating comes through extremely well in the graphical style. Character models are easily identifiable and have personality. The lighting, contrast, and color palette all serve the greater purpose of drawing you into the world of Columbia. And the empathy I had for Elizabeth was aided greatly by the attention to detail in her model and the emotion she was able to convey through her animation. I must add though that they could have toned down the sexualization of her model as it wasn't necessary.

Gameplay
    Well here is where I thought the game might fall short, if only because of my own failings. As I said I am primarily a PC gamer and whether it is my age or too many years of doing it with a mouse and keyboard...my ability to play FPS style games on a gamepad quite frankly sucks. However I really didn't find myself struggling as I thought I might. There seemed to be enough forgiveness in the shooting that I managed quite handily. Keep in mind I played on normal difficulty as well. This was probably helped by the vigors which didn't necessarily require pinpoint accuracy.

On the subject of vigors, I largely ignored most of them and kept to the two I had gotten used to without really trying the rest too much. By the end I felt that maybe this was a weakness in the game, but I went and watched several other gameplay videos after the fact and everybody was doing mostly the same except they had chosen different ones thinking they had found the perfect pairing. That right there got me excited to maybe go through the game again trying different methods.

I will say though that I was disappointed in the decision to limit the gamer to two weapons. I never felt I had all of the right tools for the job and wish I was allowed three. I went through most of the game with a close in weapon (in my case a burstgun) and a sniper rifle. I wished I had a third slot for a heavy weapon such as an RPG.

For my skill level, normal difficulty was about perfect. I steadily progressed and I can only recall one time where I was actually frustrated as I failed a segment three times before I was able to get it right. And there was one point in the game where I didn't know where to go next and the guide arrow wasn't helping... But over the course of many hours one section that didn't quite hit and one where I got lost is more than understandable.

Story
    Here is where the rubber meets the road in a game such as this and it did not disappoint at all. I was engaged with seeing it through to the end the entire way through and loved how things wrapped up. As the tale reached a fever pitch I found myself so emotionally invested I believe I forgot to blink for a period of time...yup, that's why my eyes looked all watery, they were trying to hydrate...

I will say that I wish I had played the game in a more compact and quicker way to fully appreciate the story that was told as in the end there were some points I missed that I feel if I had played in a more condensed fashion I would have gotten. Plus there was some side stuff that didn't seem necessary or fully fleshed out, but the main story, the story of Booker and Elizabeth, was more than enough to carry this game.

Conclusion
    In the end this game reminded me about what I love most about gaming and why as a 40 year old man I continue to use it as my form of relaxation. Engaging storytelling coupled with fun gameplay. I play so many games I rarely finish most of them, but this is one I had to see to the finish.
  48. Aug 30, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a great game. Not better then the original and the game feels like some other game but still feels like Bioshock. The Voice acting is superb. I mean it's excellent. I think the game is a little over rated. I mean yes it's great but it's not really amazing. Still a great game though.
  49. Sep 14, 2013
    I love everything about this game. First of all the gameplay is absolutely great; it never bored me. The characters in the game are amazing too. Elizabeth is an absolutely brilliant character. From all game characters, Elizabeth is the most human-like yet, who really brings emotion into the game. As the game progresses you caring for her and her feelings. Also Robert and Rosalind LuteceI love everything about this game. First of all the gameplay is absolutely great; it never bored me. The characters in the game are amazing too. Elizabeth is an absolutely brilliant character. From all game characters, Elizabeth is the most human-like yet, who really brings emotion into the game. As the game progresses you caring for her and her feelings. Also Robert and Rosalind Lutece are outstanding characters. In fact, they are my favourite characters of the game, above Elizabeth. Their witty comments and their mysterious nature makes them incredible interesting.
    What really makes this game a true masterpiece is its story. Reading about the history of the characters and the city is very interesting and gives you more insight on what's happening around you. But what makes the story really that amazing is that BioShock Infinite has the best ending of all games I have ever played. Its unpredictability and genius is just amazing. I don't want to spoil anything, so there is not much more I want to say about the ending. Just play the game and you will see yourself.
    I really recommend getting this game.
  50. Oct 19, 2013
    Very pretty, very fun. However, when you a game tries so many new things you can't help but see the Vigors are essentially useless in this game, not very effective and unnecessary. The two gun carry limit severely hinders the game by causing players to stay with guns that are well rounded rather than specialized weapons. When your player is afraid to carry around an RPG for an enemy thatVery pretty, very fun. However, when you a game tries so many new things you can't help but see the Vigors are essentially useless in this game, not very effective and unnecessary. The two gun carry limit severely hinders the game by causing players to stay with guns that are well rounded rather than specialized weapons. When your player is afraid to carry around an RPG for an enemy that may or may not show up, you've up. I steered clear from big guns and precision weapons because of how much of a risk they were to carry. The story flip flops everywhere but eventually ties up pretty nicely, save for a few major plot holes that will most likely go ignored because of the suspension of disbelief the game maintains quite excellently. Most of the difficulty is cheap and does not allow for much strategic implementation of tools, (see above), most fights consist of hiding behind cover to recharge shield and out lasting enemies in a battle consisting of constantly giving out and soaking up damage. There was no real smart way to defeat enemies. Enemies are not specialized, they are brutes, bigger brutes, and even bigger brutes. There was no special way to deal with enemies you just kind of shot at them until they died. Story and characters are where this game puts most of it's focus, and it's... kinda underwhelming. Booker is a stereotypical anti-hero with a dark past and Elizabeth is kind of bland. Comstock is not a devilishly smart villain, he's just a racist religious nut with an army of thick headed brutes that are also racist. The only interesting characters are the Lutece twins; their quirkiness and obscure goals really made a lot of the game for me. Yet, with all of these boring characters the game makes them seem special, it makes you care about these characters, and that is quite a feat. The ending is heart wrenching and will leave you feeling empty inside for a few days. This game is quite a milestone for the nature of games as art but we still have quite our ways to go. Overall, worth it's price tag. The thing this game does well is fun. Some of the difficulty is I would recommend medium for optimal enjoyment, but yet it finds a way to be loads of fun. Expand
  51. Nov 7, 2013
    Goods
    - EXXXXXXXXCELLENT STORY
    - Lovely characters
    - LOVELY soundtracks
    - LOVELY Visual

Bads
    - Gameplay felt boring and repetivive

Extras
    - I have not played any other bioshocks but i felt that this game was a very strong start to get me into the franchise
  52. Jan 22, 2014
    The original BioShock is a true masterpiece. I did not think that it could be topped in any way. BioShock 2 gave me some hope, though it did not satisfy me the same way that the original did. But, with Infinite, Irrational has truly given an equal to the original. This game truly has next to no flaws. The gameplay is so smooth, with the 8 Vigors and the different guns mixing seamlessly toThe original BioShock is a true masterpiece. I did not think that it could be topped in any way. BioShock 2 gave me some hope, though it did not satisfy me the same way that the original did. But, with Infinite, Irrational has truly given an equal to the original. This game truly has next to no flaws. The gameplay is so smooth, with the 8 Vigors and the different guns mixing seamlessly to provide combat that is as satisfying as you would expect from an Triple-A game. The story, though a bit confusing near the end, still drew me deeper into Columbia, a city that, just like Rapture, feels as though it is reality. The issues of racism and exploitation of the working man are drawn in a sharp picture, that leaves you thinking for hours after the credits roll. Ken Levine and Irrational Games have done yet another video-gaming masterpiece, that, along with the original, can be shown as prime-example of video games being more than just 'shooting people'. Expand
  53. Feb 24, 2015
    First off let me say. No PC gamer here but, I think this game probably would play better on PC. Now to get that out of the way, platform choice will not ruin this great game. This game has a great story, characters, and premise. Elizabeth the character you are with 90 - 95% of the time sold this game totally to me. She is the most helpful and best AI companion you will EVER see to thisFirst off let me say. No PC gamer here but, I think this game probably would play better on PC. Now to get that out of the way, platform choice will not ruin this great game. This game has a great story, characters, and premise. Elizabeth the character you are with 90 - 95% of the time sold this game totally to me. She is the most helpful and best AI companion you will EVER see to this day. The creation of Elizabeth was a true gaming achievement, that is after all makes this game most worth wile. The shooter aspect of the game is lacking to say the least but I think it didn't totally ruin the game, also another pet peeve is that the middle section of this game carries on FOREVER. Other than that BUY THIS GAME. You will not regret it, if you have a good brain in your head Expand
  54. Feb 25, 2014
    best game ever if you haven't played this your life means nothing
    i mean you can not say that is was a bad game anyway this was the best best game i have ever played wonderful story awesome ending and you are just bioshocked when it ends!
  55. May 19, 2015
    Wow this game is absolutely stunning, from the fun engaging combat, to the art/graphics, to the amazing plot and to the amazing lovable NPC characters. Elizabeth is probably one of the top NPC's that I will forever remember until I day. Her story is incredibly heart wrenchingly sad and awesome. I can't say more good stuff about the the story of this game, it's just amazing overall.

You

You have to play it for yourself to know what I'm talking about. ;) It is truly an awesome game.
  56. Feb 19, 2015
    This game is excellent for FPS fans who're not into the chaos of warfare that CoD provides.

The pros: 1- beautiful atmosphere. 2- Well set battles, Smooth game mechanics and a Varied play style 3- Voice acting, Characterization and Story line The cons: 1- The way Bioshock Infinite lays down its story. 2- No actual Boss battles. I am a big fan of this game, only played this

The pros:
    1- beautiful atmosphere.
    2- Well set battles, Smooth game mechanics and a Varied play style
    3- Voice acting, Characterization and Story line

The cons:
    1- The way Bioshock Infinite lays down its story.
    2- No actual Boss battles.

I am a big fan of this game, only played this edition and its episodes, the downside is that the story really comes together if one finds and listens carefully to 90% of the Voxophones and listens to all of Elizabeth's conversations, which are interesting but as FPS goes I got absorbed in scavenging and shooting to actually care about all of that, when the final stage arrived I found out that I had imagined many parts of the story that cannot be true, so I read explanations that spoiled the real story for me.

Nevertheless I played it on 1999 mode and observed how the story came together again, who were the important characters and what were their roles, so replay-ability made up for my bad experience with its ending.

Story line is mind blowing, it's along with The Last of Us as best story telling for me, only it was more compelling to explore and marvel at its absurd premises and conclusions, the voice acting is top notch and Elizabeth implies this 3rd person aspect to the game where she's always moving and interacting with my surroundings, along with the interesting Booker Dewitt I never felt like I'm driving floating arms in a FPS, it felt more engaging than some 3rd person shooters actually.

The atmosphere especially in the first stage is absorbing, I felt that the game is daring to some of my deepest beliefs and concepts and provides characters with more background behind their motives, it's dark and it almost felt like pinching me in the sides and bringing my eyes closer as I played tentatively, that's where the magic of Bioshock is, more imaginative designs and more surprises and mysteries that kept me wandering at its shores wondering if I really should dare move forward before I did, unlike even The last of us which had a great story but in many occasions I couldn't wait to get to the finish because it's all predictable, this game was anything but predictable to me.

Some people complained that the boss battles are recycled, well apart from the Handyman whom appears 4 times during the game, there are no bosses, there are super soldiers who have no sign atop them but are in fact more lethal than even the Patriot, so there isn't a standard for bosses in this game aside from the somewhat recycled handyman.

Game mechanics flow blissfully, unlike Dishonored where you could save game at any instant you desire (in order to replay any situation) this game only has checkpoints, but when the player dies he's revived almost instantly, he loses some of his cash and all the characters he's defeated stay dead and the ones he's wounded heal, which makes every encounter counts because there's basically no going back in some situations yet that doesn't stop or hinder one's game because one can always beat the enemy no matter the many tries it takes (unless one's out of cash).

I only mourn the scarcity of boss battles in this game and the fact that it never explains how crucial are its voxophones or random conversations, aside from that it could have been better (which applies to all games) but its still my most enjoyable experience on a PS3.
  57. Nov 12, 2015
    I'd give this game a 9.5 if I could. The game is almost perfect but I personally feel it falls short in a few aspects compared to the original Bioshock. There are so many good things to say about this game the art, story and writing are excellent! The games premise is unique and intriguing and you find yourself raising so many questions playing through the game. Most of these questions areI'd give this game a 9.5 if I could. The game is almost perfect but I personally feel it falls short in a few aspects compared to the original Bioshock. There are so many good things to say about this game the art, story and writing are excellent! The games premise is unique and intriguing and you find yourself raising so many questions playing through the game. Most of these questions are answered well and you won't be disappointed.

Compared to the first game there isn't the same sense of unease, you are just going through the motions to one section to another with your companion Elizabeth who is an important plot device used throughout the game. There also isn't an atmosphere like the first game, rapture was an eerie, creepy and wonderful location that made you feel like you were never safe. Columbia is more of a weird, pretty and open location and doesn't have an effect on you like rapture did, however it is beautiful to look at and fun to explore.

The gameplay is more fluid than previous Bioshock games, vigors (new plasmids) are still fun to use but most are just for aesthetic purposes rather than for practical use and you'll find yourself using the same throughout the game, gunplay feels solid but is nothing mind blowing, it gets the job done. The story is very well put together and always keeps you on your toes, it really is one of the best stories in video games with a few mind blowing sections. Apart from a few new gameplay features such as clothes that provide you with slight stat boosts and special abilities every other part of Bioshock infinite will feel familiar to you if you've played the previous games, what also helps the game feel more fluid is the use of the skyhook, this device allows you to hook on various rails that are suspended off the ground and will let you get around a lot faster, this makes combat feel more exciting and is a great addition.

This game starts great and ends great with only a few missions throughout the game that slows things down but the game is quick to rise up again. One of the best games ever made in my opinion but still not as good as the original Bioshock, a must buy!
  58. Jul 13, 2015
    Uno de los juegos que pueden llamarse obra de arte. Excelente historia, ambientación y jugabilidad. Le daría 9,5 porque le falta un poco de sigilo pero no me deja el sistema (?).
  59. Jan 4, 2016
    Great gameplay, graphics, locations and atmosphere, but anti-white propaganda is disgusting in this game.
    ______________________________________________________
  60. Mar 29, 2013
    This is the defining game of the generation. The swansong of these consoles. It is the culmination of the vast improvement in story telling over the last few years. Yes the gameplay is great and varied. Yes the graphics and visuals are superb. But its the arc of the story and the epic, mind blowing conclusion which will ensure that this game will be remembered for years to come. Ken LevineThis is the defining game of the generation. The swansong of these consoles. It is the culmination of the vast improvement in story telling over the last few years. Yes the gameplay is great and varied. Yes the graphics and visuals are superb. But its the arc of the story and the epic, mind blowing conclusion which will ensure that this game will be remembered for years to come. Ken Levine and his team at Irrational once again prove that they are at the pinnacle of story telling in video games. This story deals with many important issues such as racism, social structure, the power of religion and the science of the time (including the applications of it.) When trying to demonstrate the art form that is video games, this shall be the prime example. Expand
  61. Mar 27, 2013
    This game is beautiful. Even though the console port does leave some textures muddy, they're hard to notice. The gameplay is quick and seamless as you ride Skylines and pounce or your enemies or escape to a higher vantage point to plan your attack. It is a big improvement over the somewhat sluggish controls of Bioshock 1 and 2.

Elizabeth's AI is incredible, landing you a hand in battle

Elizabeth's AI is incredible, landing you a hand in battle whenever she can by finding ammo, Salt (EVE), health, and money (outside of combat).
    She never gets in your way and requires 0 babysitting. She is the best companion AI of any game made yet, and she is very likeable and not a damsel in distress.

I was on the edge of my seat the entire 12 hours it took me. I was so intrigued by everything going on and I just wanted to find out what the twist was. This game delivered. It left me thinking afterwards for a long time about it and the previous games.

Bioshock: Infinite is an extremely well polished, and artful, masterpiece. I'll be damned surprised if it does not win Video Game of the Year. it deserves it.
  62. Mar 26, 2013
    This game is absolutely amazing. The first moment you see Columbia will floor you. The combat is tense and extremely satisfying, the characters feel amazingly real, the story is beautiful, and the setting is astonishing. Just buy it. You won't regret it.
  63. Mar 29, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is an instant classic. It may look different than the underwater utopia of Rapture that we have all come to know and love, but Columbia has its own charm. It's interesting to walk around and take in the sights or just explore the floating city in the clouds. The streets are full of life and personality. The colors are bright and vivid, the visuals are spectacular.Bioshock Infinite is an instant classic. It may look different than the underwater utopia of Rapture that we have all come to know and love, but Columbia has its own charm. It's interesting to walk around and take in the sights or just explore the floating city in the clouds. The streets are full of life and personality. The colors are bright and vivid, the visuals are spectacular. Bioshock as a series sets itself apart though its compelling narrative and themes, Infinite remains true to the series. The combat is fun and the new vigors are fun to use, however I miss the weapon wheel from the previous titles. There's not much else to say without spoiling the experience so just go buy it and enjoy! Expand
  64. Mar 28, 2013
    This game is simply BEAUTIFUL! I was so drawn in and immersed in this universe that i couldn't stop playing. The graphics, the world, the story is all amazing. It has been a while since I have felt this way about a game and been in awe. The story is great with a killer ending that will leave you thinking for a while. When the big plot twisted hits its a wow moment for sure. Buy this gameThis game is simply BEAUTIFUL! I was so drawn in and immersed in this universe that i couldn't stop playing. The graphics, the world, the story is all amazing. It has been a while since I have felt this way about a game and been in awe. The story is great with a killer ending that will leave you thinking for a while. When the big plot twisted hits its a wow moment for sure. Buy this game and you will not be disappointed, a real treat! Expand
  65. Mar 31, 2013
    Forget Game of the Year, one of the greatest games of all-time has arrived. It doesn't push gameplay boundaries (although the gameplay is fantastic, fast and fun, with some great "playground"-style battlegrounds all throughout), the graphics aren't revolutionary (though beautiful, don't expect next-gen just yet), and the pacing is a bit off (depends on how you play, really), this is one ofForget Game of the Year, one of the greatest games of all-time has arrived. It doesn't push gameplay boundaries (although the gameplay is fantastic, fast and fun, with some great "playground"-style battlegrounds all throughout), the graphics aren't revolutionary (though beautiful, don't expect next-gen just yet), and the pacing is a bit off (depends on how you play, really), this is one of the greatest stories ever told in the annals of videogamedom. An absolute mind destroyer of storytelling, intricate and well-plotted, unforgettabel characters, a fully-relaized alternate history, and that ending! Ken Levine and the entire team at Irrational Games can retire, right now. You have my permission. Don't, please, games would suffer without you. But, have a cigar. Take a vacation. You've earned it. Expand
  66. Mar 27, 2013
    My faith in video games was restored by this game. The constant release of trash titles was seriously affecting my purchases to the point where for the past 2 years I've bought 3 console games. The in game world is beautiful and immersing as the previous Bioshock games were. With the change of scenery I was skeptical, but what a surprise it was to find that the world played along with theMy faith in video games was restored by this game. The constant release of trash titles was seriously affecting my purchases to the point where for the past 2 years I've bought 3 console games. The in game world is beautiful and immersing as the previous Bioshock games were. With the change of scenery I was skeptical, but what a surprise it was to find that the world played along with the story very nicely. The story is gripping, twisting and turning always leaving you with questions that you are never sure will be answered. However, be prepared; there are fewer choices to be made as this tale is more linear than the previous games. Not much of a negative though since there are still plenty of choices to be made. If you are a fan of the first 2 and are open to new ideas, this game is a MUST buy for you. Expand
  67. Mar 30, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is definitely one of the greatest games I've played in the last few years, and I'm having a tough time discerning whether I like this better than the original or not. Even in 720p, the graphics look stunning. The controls are possibly the tightest in the entire series. The story-line is a lot more narrative than the original game, and despite the linearity never getsBioShock Infinite is definitely one of the greatest games I've played in the last few years, and I'm having a tough time discerning whether I like this better than the original or not. Even in 720p, the graphics look stunning. The controls are possibly the tightest in the entire series. The story-line is a lot more narrative than the original game, and despite the linearity never gets boring. To give this game any negative reviews because of its lack of multiplayer is to deny what should be the greatest part of any game experience like this: A solid campaign that makes the player want to pick up their controller to play again. If anything, the game could have used a bit more length. However, at the same time there is so much to see in the virtual game world of Columbia that additional content might not be necessary for a little while.

In short, everyone who considers themselves a gamer should find some way to play BioShock Infinite, because it's definitely Game of the Year material.
  68. Apr 5, 2013
    Not since Resident Evil 4, have I been this anxious to replay a game, and it was this second
    playthrough that absolutely convinced me that Bioshock Infinite is a modern classic.Cerebral
    and intriguing, the gripping, suspenseful story is hauntingly memorable.Though the combat was great fun, I couldn't help but wish that enemy AI had been more challenging and varied with perhaps a
    with perhaps a greater stealth component. Still, a diamond of a game that truly resonates.
  69. Mar 29, 2013
    FANTASTIC game. In all my years of gaming this easily takes the cake as one of the best games I've ever played. Fun fighting mechanics as well as an addicting story always craving more. The scripting of this game is incredible! If I could, I'd give it an 11/10 I would.
  70. Apr 2, 2013
    Ken Levine and company amaze once again in this installment of BioShock. They did an excellent job in flushing out the characters, especially Elizabeth. She reminded me of Belle from Beauty and the Beast my favorite Disney movie which increased my desire to protect her. That being said, you don't actually have to protect her. In combat she doesn't take damage and never gets focused byKen Levine and company amaze once again in this installment of BioShock. They did an excellent job in flushing out the characters, especially Elizabeth. She reminded me of Belle from Beauty and the Beast my favorite Disney movie which increased my desire to protect her. That being said, you don't actually have to protect her. In combat she doesn't take damage and never gets focused by enemies. It certainly makes the game easier as she runs around freely finding you ammo, salts, and health as you fight without having to worry of her getting killed. Personally I would have liked to make her more part of each battle and scenario, creating that need/want to ensure her safety much like TWD: The Game did with Clem. That aside the writers did exceptionally well making me care for her regardless. It's nice to finally see a big title game with a superbly crafted story (the ending is mind blowing, in my opinion). Where as so many big companies with movies and games (i. e. Blizzard) give the story a back seat in favor of flashy cinematics and graphics. Personally I want a rich story where I give a damn what's happening to the people and things inside that world. I cannot stress enough how BioShock Infinite succeeds in that. The gameplay itself is fun using magic and guns to take down your enemies and the introduction of the skylines are a nice new mechanic, certainly no complaints there either. With promised DLC coming and the season pass already in store (you get added goodies for signing up early) this is how games should be done. I can't wait to see what the season pass brings to the table in this astonishing world. Woo! Play this game! Expand
  71. Mar 29, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is one of the rare games where the gameplay, story, and pacing all come together to create a special kind of game that only comes around every few years. The controls are incredibly refined, the graphics are fantastic and on an epic scope. The new vigors like bucking bronco and murder of crows add a fantastic amount of depth to the combat. Voice acting is top notch. It'sBioshock Infinite is one of the rare games where the gameplay, story, and pacing all come together to create a special kind of game that only comes around every few years. The controls are incredibly refined, the graphics are fantastic and on an epic scope. The new vigors like bucking bronco and murder of crows add a fantastic amount of depth to the combat. Voice acting is top notch. It's early in the year, but this will likely be on top of many GOTY lists for 2013. Expand
  72. Mar 30, 2013
    This game is one of the best examples that someone can give to demonstrate games can be more than just mashing buttons, games can be beautiful adventures and this game at least in my heart will always be a truly beautiful work of art. There's not one reason that i could think of on why not rate this game a 10 out 10.
    The graphics, the music, the gameplay, the story, everything is just
    The graphics, the music, the gameplay, the story, everything is just beautiful and touching even if the console version doesn't look at good as the pc or has the limitation of only using two weapons the gameplay never feels boring or repetitive even the plasmids that aren't as important as the past games they still play a big part in combat i would say even the bigger. The story can definitely become confusing but after you finish the game you will understand that the story was made for you to feel that way at that specific part of the story. In conclusion Bioshock Infinite at least in my personal view is a game that you can't really ask for more
    the graphics are spectacular in some occasions, the music is beautiful, the gameplay is smooth and addictive, and the story will keep you coming back just to see what ends up happening plus the ending is just mind blowing it even has an amazing epilogue this game will give you an experience that you don't want to miss worth every penny that the game costs and gives hope for the shooter genre.
  73. Mar 26, 2013
    This has to be one of the finest games I have ever played, a masterpiece by anyone's standard. Everything about it is astonishing; the gunplay, the artwork, the environments and don't even get me started on the story.

Never have i felt so immersed in a game, this truly felt like an adventure, recapturing that feeling I got with games when I was a child. This is the Half Life 2 of this Generation and i dont forsee it being beaten for atleast a decade.

My only regret is that towards the end I rushed it even though I had time to really explore, if you do decide to buy this, don't make the same mistake, savor every last moment with this beauty and my god take in everything you see.

74. Apr 2, 2013
    I have never written a review for a game before but this game warrants another 10 and I felt compelled to give it. All I can say is wow. The ending to this game is among the best I've ever experienced in gaming. It is on par and even surpasses most big hollywood films. If you were into movies like Inception or Shutter Island, you will love this game! The gameplay is fun and veryI have never written a review for a game before but this game warrants another 10 and I felt compelled to give it. All I can say is wow. The ending to this game is among the best I've ever experienced in gaming. It is on par and even surpasses most big hollywood films. If you were into movies like Inception or Shutter Island, you will love this game! The gameplay is fun and very chaotic, which I happened to enjoy. However this game is more about story than gameplay. The only way I could see anybody not liking this game would be if they prefer spoon fed stories with little thinking required (sadly these types of games make up the majority of the industry). It may very well go down as the defining game for this generation! Do your self a favor and play it! Expand
  75. Apr 4, 2013
    This game. Is so intense. So mind blowing. This is, at least for me one of the BEST games of this generation. Anyone who rated under 9 probably didn't get the ending, because they didn't take their time exploring Columbia, finding hints about what the heck is actually going on. So much emotion, so many feels. This is a MUST OWN.
  76. Mar 29, 2013
    An amazing game, the story is the best thing in it. It's like you're reading this great book and you just cant wait to see what will happened in the end, and believe me it will blow your mind.
    You don't judge a book by its cover or the print quality (graphics,action,stealth etc..) you judge it by it's story and this one will pull you in and you'll want more.
  77. Mar 27, 2013
    I feel like if you think this game is horrible, you are not looking at it, at all. If you have seen the ORIGINAL "The Day the Earth Stood Still", and saw how it tied into current events (at that time), the cold war, McCarthyism, you should like this game; if you are not old enough to understand the reference of the cold war you probably bought this game because it was in the first-personI feel like if you think this game is horrible, you are not looking at it, at all. If you have seen the ORIGINAL "The Day the Earth Stood Still", and saw how it tied into current events (at that time), the cold war, McCarthyism, you should like this game; if you are not old enough to understand the reference of the cold war you probably bought this game because it was in the first-person shooter section and probably didn't understand anything just wanted to shoot things and play multiplayer, but then got sad because there was no multiplayer... well now i'm rambling... back to the point. If you take the time and immerse yourself in this game and not just go shoot everything in sight you would see that the game can tie into a lot of current dilemmas in the world, which is extremely rare in today's entertainment, it also makes you invested into characters in the game and that is also extremely rare, especially for video games. This game requires you to pay attention to the details of important parts of the story, you might even learn something about yourself while playing different parts of the game. If you don't appreciate stories, or getting attached to characters, then this game is not for you, just go buy Call of Duty.
    P.S. I'm not saying COD is a bad game, it just doesn't rely on story or the characters in the story. P.S.S (P.P.S?) The P.S. is in here so COD fan boys don't start yelling at me. I know they are out there... I can smell them.
    Well that is my review of the game, you might agree with it, or you might get mad at some points I made, but that is how I viewed the game, it was a great game, I highly recommend it to people who enjoy all types of games, not just a specific genre.
  78. Mar 28, 2013
    One of the best games I've ever played! I had trouble playing the original Bioshock, mostly because the combat got stale very quickly and I've never been a huge fan of grinding to an objective. In this game, it doesn't feel tedious at all. Ran out of ammo? Look, there are a plethora of unique weapons all around you! Getting overrun? Use an ability! Probably the best part of the game is theOne of the best games I've ever played! I had trouble playing the original Bioshock, mostly because the combat got stale very quickly and I've never been a huge fan of grinding to an objective. In this game, it doesn't feel tedious at all. Ran out of ammo? Look, there are a plethora of unique weapons all around you! Getting overrun? Use an ability! Probably the best part of the game is the allied AI, who is actually helpful instead of running into line of fire and getting killed every other minute. Few games do everything as RIGHT as this game does. This gets my (VERY RARE) 10/10 Expand
  79. Mar 31, 2013
    I'm a life-long gamer and this is the best game I've ever played. I've beaten it twice since launch and it is amazing in every aspect. Great story, characters, gameplay and pacing. If you own a system or PC that runs this game, buy it and play it.
  80. Mar 30, 2013
    This game is so god damn good in every way and the once that giving it 4/10 but wanted to give 6/10 just to take the score down and then calling the once that giving the game 10/10 dumb on non know-ers wtf? This game is a masterpiece, and it deserves the score it's getting really! The one that is saying that there is to little weapons and plasma wtf to you too, should there be 20 guns andThis game is so god damn good in every way and the once that giving it 4/10 but wanted to give 6/10 just to take the score down and then calling the once that giving the game 10/10 dumb on non know-ers wtf? This game is a masterpiece, and it deserves the score it's getting really! The one that is saying that there is to little weapons and plasma wtf to you too, should there be 20 guns and 50 plasma to get approved it just shows that you like the game that much that you wanted more Expand
  81. Apr 1, 2013
    Ken Levine is a champion of this medium. I’ve been touting him as such since he wrote the wonderfully memorable Bioshock, released six years ago in 2007; and whether he simply stumbles into his genius accidentally due to excellence in execution, or realizes his fresh, poignant plot devices through an exorcise in intended intellect, it is no matter. No one does what he’s able to do.Ken Levine is a champion of this medium. I’ve been touting him as such since he wrote the wonderfully memorable Bioshock, released six years ago in 2007; and whether he simply stumbles into his genius accidentally due to excellence in execution, or realizes his fresh, poignant plot devices through an exorcise in intended intellect, it is no matter. No one does what he’s able to do. Levine, twice now, has profoundly changed the way we view and discuss plot in video games. He understands the interactive component of the medium so well, his incorporation of it into his stories is foremost in his telling, and are deft to say the least.

Never in my professional career have I awarded a perfect score to any game I’ve ever reviewed. Not at GameFan, and not here, at ++Good Games. Finally a game takes that honor, and Bioshock Infinite is it. I couldn’t be happier to award it to Mr. Levine, and his band of hard working developers. His brand of story telling is something I aspire to in my own writing career.

I could take up this entire space discussing plot, but since you, you know, PLAY video games, I’ll start with the controls and mechanics… which are, honestly, pretty tried and true. It feels like Bioshock, and that’s to say it feels like a first person shooter with a great deal of diversity in how you choose to tackle any given situation. There is a wide array of standard weapons, from pistols to shotguns, rocket launchers to bolt action assault rifles, as well as some additional unconventional weapons that are not entirely realistic, but fit the setting as well the Heater is a single blast weapon that lights people on fire; like if a shotgun and a flame-thrower had children, but nothing too outlandish. The “magical powers,” and the equivalent of Plasmids, are called Tonics. Tonics all operate in the same way, either a single press to produce a targeted effect, or a held press to toss a trap on the ground. This is a good move away from the trap-only Plasmids (Cyclone Trap, Target Dummy) of the original game, and it gave Irrational more room to give us some interesting abilities. For example, Return to Sender allows you to catch all incoming bullets and toss them back as an explosive, and Undertow allows you to lasso an enemy, and reel him in, MK Scorpion-style, to deliver a much more intimate killing blow. There are the staple fireballs and electric bolts, but there’s some keen base-broadening when it comes to gameplay… but not too broad. And the sound that’s incorporated into combat is amazing. Fast, random violin chords every time you unleash Murder of Crows; a violent single BANG on a piano when you connect with your skyhook.

Speaking of the skyhook, the wrench/drill issue has been handily taken care of. Previously, in both Bioshock and Bioshock 2, your melee weapon was far too powerful. Even in Bioshock 2, when an attempt was made at balancing melee combat by introducing the fuel requirements on your drill, it didn’t really work. Even without fuel, the drill was still the best weapon in the game. You could go thump-thump-thumping to your heart’s content, with little to no consequences. If you try to melee everyone to death in Infinite, however, you WILL die. The game throws scores of enemies at you all at once, and if you expose yourself to get in for a skyhook decapitation, the rest of the pack will cut you down, and swiftly at that. Even on the normal difficulty setting it’s no joke. Verdict: 10/10 ++Good Does the game have its issues? Certainly, but I cannot overlook my own feelings of surprise, awe, and satisfaction when the dust had settled. I felt completely contented when it was all over. Everything promised by Irrational up to release was made good on, and I was left wanting for nothing. Every time Mr. Levine gets involved, he pushes forward what we’re to expect as players, as well as what we previously thought was narritively possible as an industry. Buy this one. It is, in a word, perfect.
  82. Apr 1, 2013
    First off I would like to ask what is up with all of these gamers downing this game? this game is pure
    genius in every sense of the word. Ken Levine really created a masterpiece and in my opinion surpassed the original in everyway. I believe that this is probably one of the greatest games ever to be released. The story aspect of this game is flawless you can tell that the developers really wanted to get the gamer to think at the end and it delivers I have never been so impressed with such a story. Next is gameplay I see from a lot of reviews people complaining about silly things like lock picking personally I thought that by having Elizabeth contribute to certain things such as that and giving ammo, salts, etc.. really gave the game some real depth and also added a connection with her which rarely happens nowadays. I personally think that irrational games gave the gamer solid responsive gameplay an epic over the top action and story driven experience that should NOT be missed by anyone who calls themselves a gamer.
  83. Mar 30, 2013
    Even though I had some framerate and loading issues, this is the best game I've played so far this year and my best experience with a first person game since the last Bioshock game. Gameplay is inventive and fun, narrative is strong and well paced. Regardless of which system you play this on, this is a experience worth having.
  84. Apr 5, 2013
    Absolutely phenomenal game. From the very beginning you can tell the story will be very deep and involved and that would be a correct assumption. The gameplay is on another level from anything i've ever played. From flying through the sky with full control of combat options without any kind of apparent processing or graphical hiccups, to keeping classic Bioshock elements such asAbsolutely phenomenal game. From the very beginning you can tell the story will be very deep and involved and that would be a correct assumption. The gameplay is on another level from anything i've ever played. From flying through the sky with full control of combat options without any kind of apparent processing or graphical hiccups, to keeping classic Bioshock elements such as "plasmids," Infinite delivers without disappointment.

Those rating this game low, while I acknowledge everyone is entitled to their own opinion, must have unsatisfiable expectations for their games and I would personally like to know what they consider even an "8" because in every way, shape and form, Infinite is far above any numerical rating provided by Metacritic.
  85. Apr 1, 2013
    I have played tons of games, probably more than 99% of the people my age and I can say without a doubt in mind that this is one of the most beautifully crafted stories I've ever played. Elizabeth is probably the strongest performance I've seen in at least 10 years for a female character and Booker is probably just as good. The ending comes out of nowhere and I can promise you, you will notI have played tons of games, probably more than 99% of the people my age and I can say without a doubt in mind that this is one of the most beautifully crafted stories I've ever played. Elizabeth is probably the strongest performance I've seen in at least 10 years for a female character and Booker is probably just as good. The ending comes out of nowhere and I can promise you, you will not see the twist coming.

Shooting mechanics are improved from the previous games and are right up there with other first person shooters but some of the other game play variables are just a little off. For example, I feel the skyhook was misused and I feel a couple of the special abilities were useless or repetitive. Elizabeth's ability to bring tears into combat felt underwhelming and I don't think they capitalized fully with this opportunity

These couple qualms though are easily overlook because the story, characters and environment are simply amazing. I can't believe how close I felt to Booker and Elizabeth and I can't believe how shocked I was when I saw the ending. This is a MUST PLAY.
  86. Mar 27, 2013
    A fantastic combination of brilliant story telling, beautiful graphics and great character development. It's not just that though, making America look like a roman utopia in the sky mixed with space and time manipulation just blows your mind and this is coming from a lover of history and imagination, you must play this game as you would a film you will enjoy it I guarantee it.
  87. Mar 29, 2013
    No words can describe how good this game story is, all I can say is you must buy this game it will blow your mind and will leave you questioning "did that really just happen"
  88. Mar 27, 2013
    I had ridiculously high expectations for this game, and it exceeded them greatly. This is the first game that ever done that for me and is just flawless on almost every level. Ken Levine is a god, and this is by far the best game I have ever played.
  89. Mar 28, 2013
    BIOSHOCK INFINITE REVIEW It has been a long time since Bioshock Infinite had been announced. There was massive hype, demos were released, and so on so forth. The game has finally come out.
    This is a great game. As a matter of fact, my favorite game of all time is Bioshock; this game has a complex story that keeps you engaged and guessing until the game’s final moments.
    The Gameplay is
    The Gameplay is definitely on par with the original Bioshock game, arguably even better. Although at times, the situations and enemies can be overwhelming. The gameplay weapons and moves I love the most are the melee, Crank Gun, RPG and Crow plasmid. I love drilling people’s heads with a skyhook. The voice acting and the characters are fantastic. The relationship between Elizabeth and Booker is an interesting one. The relationship between the Songbird and Elizabeth was so good that it made me tear up at moments. The story in this game is, as mentioned before, complex; The story constantly hits you with important plot details that will probably miss you on your first time playing; Bioshock fans will be expecting a major twist/reveal in the middle of the game (since the game’s first half follows the Bioshock formula faithfully), there is a major twist/reveal in the game, but it’s a the end of the game; without spoiling the reveal, it’s a damn good one, especially when you take a few minutes to really think about it. The game intertwines themes of destiny vs. choice, loss of innocence, racism and morality.
    Overall, the game lives up to the hype set by its ‘spiritual’ predecessor. The main characters and their relationships to other characters in the game are fascinating and even made me tear up a little. The gameplay is both an improvement and somewhat overwhelming at times over the original Bioshock. The game has a very good and complex twist/back story/reveal which maybe so complex that people might not get it on their first time playing. Regardless, the game is a great game that now fully justifies itself with having the name Bioshock in the title. GRADE: Classic
    NUMERICAL GRADE: 10 LETTER GRADE: A
    Overall opinion: Bioshock Infinite is a great game that is on par with the original game (though I like the original game slightly better).
  90. Mar 27, 2013
    I was never a huge Bioshock fan but I did I enjoy the first two games so I decided to try Bioshock infinite since everyone was saying how incredible it was,and I can honestly say that those people are so right.everything about infinite is perfect,infinite has a great story and great cast of characters,the gameplay is fun and keeps you on you're feet,the graphics are very and I mean veryI was never a huge Bioshock fan but I did I enjoy the first two games so I decided to try Bioshock infinite since everyone was saying how incredible it was,and I can honestly say that those people are so right.everything about infinite is perfect,infinite has a great story and great cast of characters,the gameplay is fun and keeps you on you're feet,the graphics are very and I mean very impressive.if you enjoy fops games this is for you,and if you enjoy great games,Bioshock infinite is right up you're alley. Expand
  91. Mar 26, 2013
    Simply an awesome game in every way I know the graphics aren't as good as the pc version but they are still absolutely stunning this game already deserves the goty get off your butts right now and go buy this superb game you will not regret it
  92. Apr 1, 2013
    A game such as this comes once in a generation, and very few times in a lifetime. True Master craft worked with the biggest love and attention, from music to visuals, it was an incredible pleasure. The story in particular is the work of genius, it will have you thinking for days after you've finished it. Never has a game had such an incredible story and characters that can stir some deepA game such as this comes once in a generation, and very few times in a lifetime. True Master craft worked with the biggest love and attention, from music to visuals, it was an incredible pleasure. The story in particular is the work of genius, it will have you thinking for days after you've finished it. Never has a game had such an incredible story and characters that can stir some deep emotions inside of you. Thank you Irrational. Unforgettable. Expand
  93. Apr 5, 2013
    This is everything we hoped it would be and more. Far exceeded my expectations. Those giving it a low score need to take a good hard look at what they're implying by giving this game a 0 or 2 etc. Infinite is far above the maximum score of 10 we're allowed to give.
  94. Mar 28, 2013
    This game became the my favorite game of all time. Its hard to say whats good about this game without spoiling it. Just play it all the way through, you will appreciate it the more you play it.
  95. Mar 27, 2013
    I can't beleive how low some user reviews are rating this game. Shame on you. Because a games social and spiritual concepts trancend your understanding of the world you live in doesn't mean these concepts are invalid, or in by any stretch of the imagination unimportant. The philosophical commentary incorporated into the Bioshock series, particularly 1 and infinite are right up there withI can't beleive how low some user reviews are rating this game. Shame on you. Because a games social and spiritual concepts trancend your understanding of the world you live in doesn't mean these concepts are invalid, or in by any stretch of the imagination unimportant. The philosophical commentary incorporated into the Bioshock series, particularly 1 and infinite are right up there with the likes of Metal Gear Solid, maybe even a bit more clever than Kojima's masterpiece. Artistically, the game is up there with Journey. A creature of deep beauty that it will take more than one playthrough to fully appreciate. The first half hour is one of the most breathtaking moments in gaming. And I have literally played every single AAA title throughout the LAST 2 GENERATIONS. Expand
  96. Apr 16, 2013
    I loved Bioshock Infinite. The game had some of the most beautiful art direction that I'd ever seen in a game. The story was a ripping yarn, combining edgy social commentary (albeit heavy handed) with mysterious science fiction. I couldn't tear myself away (pun intended). The game had a tangible emotional effect on me and I shed tears at least three different times during my playthough.I loved Bioshock Infinite. The game had some of the most beautiful art direction that I'd ever seen in a game. The story was a ripping yarn, combining edgy social commentary (albeit heavy handed) with mysterious science fiction. I couldn't tear myself away (pun intended). The game had a tangible emotional effect on me and I shed tears at least three different times during my playthough. Gameplay wise, Bioshock Infinite was a ton of fun. The combat was always exciting, with the use of vigors and skylines shaking things up a bit in comparison to the usual FPS fare. The pacing also deserves a mention; the game had just the right amount of downtime between fights. Overall, Bioshock Infinite was an utterly brilliant game and I have no qualms over stating that it is, by far and away, my favorite FPS of all time. And that is some high praise indeed! Expand
  97. Apr 29, 2013
    First, this game is fantastic. If you like a good story, amazing vistas, and satisfying first person shooter (fps) mechanics, you will enjoy this game.

Second, some people are disappointed certain elements from previous bioshock games have been streamlined (or "main-streamed"). While this is true for certain areas, this intelligent shooter still gives you many more options than your typical fps does. shoot or throw a grenade? Not here. When deciding how to deal with its encounters, depending on the layout of the area and the enemies, you will need to decide which guns you should be using (you can only carry two), which vigors (like magic) to use/combine, and what gear you should be wearing for that situation, and a few other choices I won't list for spoiler reasons. This of course is less essential for the lower difficulties, but becomes a must for 1999 mode.

Finally, thank you for 1999 mode. The only part of the first two bioshock games I did not like was the vito chambers. So thank you for the inclusion of 1999 mode. It's a great idea to offer this for people that would like a more challenging game, while still offering easier difficulties so those people that don't play fpses as often so they can still enjoy this beautiful game.
  98. Mar 29, 2013
    Expectations, I can say, have been exceeded. Bioshock's strongest talking point was its location; a sub-mariner underground brimming with mystery and danger. Infinite sells on the same principle, a steam punk world where nothing really makes much sense and everything at the same time just seems so damn cool.

I dare you to miss it.
  99. Apr 1, 2013
    While I expected to see a few negative reviews, I didn't quite expect to see so many. The worse part is that multiples of them are in regards to the mechanics. Oh the mechanics in this game are awesome, it is a full fleshed shooter in every-way, upgrades, weapon mods. It uses the firefight mechanic which some people like and some people don't the problem is peoples that even though thisWhile I expected to see a few negative reviews, I didn't quite expect to see so many. The worse part is that multiples of them are in regards to the mechanics. Oh the mechanics in this game are awesome, it is a full fleshed shooter in every-way, upgrades, weapon mods. It uses the firefight mechanic which some people like and some people don't the problem is peoples that even though this game has great mechanics and game play, it isn't what the game is about.

To those lobbing such complaints, it is akin to complaining that "there will be blood" doesn't have as much action as Die Hard and therefore it sucks... but alas this review isn't about the confused individuals giving a masterpiece a low score because it isn't being what it never pretends to be.

This is about success. They finally did it. This is a game for us, for the book nerds who always wanted to step inside a novel, who have always fantasized about a perfect merge of film and game. This is a middle finger to those who said it couldn't be done.

No 20 minute (movie) cut scenes, no cringe worthy mitten handed protagonists having graphical seizures while spouting lines that appear to have been written by a 3rd grade student.

Subtlety emotion, depth, humor, beautiful environments and main characters that drawn you in as well as some of the best novels and movies of our time. You will cry, you will laugh. You will want more, oh you will want more... and that perhaps is the only problem its so short, and i do feel a little ripped at 10 hours, but i understand... this could have been a dead space drag on, with the floor falling through every time you almost reach your objective. I almost thought they were going to go that route, but they didn't ,they made a masterpiece. if you haven't yet Just go experience it.
  100. Mar 26, 2013
    An awe-inspiring rollercoster with a captivating narrative about a younger beautiful maiden and a mysterious man

First off, Bioshock Infinite is much more of a spiritual successor to System Shock and the original Bioshock. There is game play similarities but it is not in the same cannon so say. In a time when all that seems to be released is first person shooters, it is hard to come by a game that does something not only unique, but engaging. But Bioshock Infinite does exactly this. Not only will the game blow your mind from combat options, crisp controls and some of the best first-person shooting around, but it does all of this while having an impressive narrative. Bioshock Infinite will leave you in awe after your play through, and it will keep you engaged the whole way through. And when the adventure ends, it will leave the same sort of impact as Shadow of the Colossus and Journey. Bioshock Infinite feels like a classic poetic story, much like "The Raven By Engnor Allen Poe" to be honest. Video games so desperately need the "poetic" feel that Bioshock Infinite has. -A young, insecure woman who wants to find a new destiny
    -A mysterious man who knows nothing of his past.
    -A story that unravels around the two main character, with the best character development I have ever witnessed before in any medium. Bioshock Infinite is on par with Heath Leger's preformance of the Joker from "Dark Knight" in terms of character development. If you are reading this review, wondering if it is a game that you would like to pick up, I would highly recomment it. This is a beautiful experience in its own right, and it sets a standard for all First-shooters to come. Whether you pick up Bioshock Infinite now or later in the future once it gets a price drop, do yourself a favor and get lost in the world of the game. Whether you study games like myself or just play them for fun and enjoyment, or if you are an artist, looking for a new medium to engage with. I will repeat: give Bioshock Infinite a try

+ Amazing Narrative
    +Addictive and meaningful gameplay
    +Beautiful and unraveling world through characters, enviroment and story
    +You will most likely want to replay through the game Final Score 98/100
  101. Mar 29, 2013

1. May 27, 2013
    In an infinite universe, anything can happen, but in Infinite's, the specifics are what get you.
  2. Play UK
    Apr 23, 2013
    One of those rare games that speaks to the player on a personal, emotional level with a thought-provoking, mature storyline set in one of the most amazing worlds conceived in a game. Plus, it's a wonderful FPS with deep, tactical combat. Essential. [Issue#230, p.66]
  3. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Apr 22, 2013
    Multiple dimensions and a clever scenario with a surprise around every corner make it difficult for us to explain our enthusiasm without spoiling the story. Only the extended ghost chase (literally) halfway through the game drags on a bit too long. [April 2013, p.74]