8.5

1. Mar 26, 2013
    Haven't finished it yet but I am 3 hours in and I already know that this game delivers. It is absolutely stunningly beautiful and very fun. I wouldn't be surprised if this wins game of the year. It is very hard to put down.
  2. Mar 26, 2013
    One of the best games this gen, and best FPS. GOTY for sure. The story is amazing and a amazing twist. the graphics are top notch and voice acting is top notch.
  3. Mar 27, 2013
    AWESOME GAME. Just what to expect from a BioShock game, unique, creative, and innovative. It's a shame if you don't get this game. I just wish I had a gaming PC, so I could max this game out.
  4. Apr 12, 2013
    I would say this is a great game, but it is not better than original bioshock. I only used like 4 of the vigors, because the others werent really necessary. The story is also rather confusing especially at the end; but it was still enjoyable. The enemies were pretty generic for a bioshock game; except for the handyman, patriot and raven guy; but mostly it's a typical fps shooter withI would say this is a great game, but it is not better than original bioshock. I only used like 4 of the vigors, because the others werent really necessary. The story is also rather confusing especially at the end; but it was still enjoyable. The enemies were pretty generic for a bioshock game; except for the handyman, patriot and raven guy; but mostly it's a typical fps shooter with humans and guns. The guns were also plain imo, whats the difference between machine gun and repeater? The color, and name. The fact you can only carry 2 weapons was also a turn off for me. However this game is beautiful, and the gameplay is fantastic; just feel that this game was a little overhyped. Expand
  5. Mar 28, 2013
    The Best First Person Shooter game ever made, gorgeous graphics on PS3, incredible animation and art direction, you will feel into a movie, no words to describe columbia is like to travel back in time, elizabeth is a perfect character, the story will blow your mind and the sound tracks remind you that is a Bioshock Game. Super Must Buy
  6. Mar 28, 2013
    Great game worth the money.
    This game has the twisty storyline that I expected Farcry 3 would have. Good graphics, good storyline and finally exploring a city that's alive not dead. I like the shock jockey, murder of crows and the possession vigors they rocked. There was an interesting amount of violence that I didn't honestly expect.
  7. Apr 16, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite puts you in the shoes of Booker Dewitt, the first of the main two protagonists found in Bioshock Infinite, the other being Elizabeth.
    "Bring us the girl and wipe away the debt" This is a quote that you will hear numerous times throughout the story, and really thrusts the underlying story into its course of action as you rock through the world of Columbia, the floating city in the sky where this game takes place.
    Your start off at a lighthouse, dropped off on a boat by a man and a woman It is not the same lighthouse from the original Bioshock, but a completely different one altogether, with only have a vague idea of where you’re heading.
    You must retrieve and save a girl named Elizabeth, who is trapped inside an enormous statue. But Elizabeth is no ordinary character. Elizabeth has powers like no other, opening tears in the world are her ‘thing’. She has been created so well and realistically that you want to care for her. You want to save her. She will frequently throw you ammo, salts, health and money throughout the entire campaign, also making for a very generous but not overloading attribute. She doesn’t throw you too much, and it’s very evenly spread out as well.
    Your character, Booker Dewitt is a totally different kind of person to Elizabeth. He is on this journey which is almost outcast, and you can tell instantly that he doesn’t fit into the flying city in the sky. Something about the world and its inhabitants, its surroundings feels different than any other game. One reason is because the game is riddled with political racism towards black people and Irish people (like me), and they are known as the Vox Populi. The story from here is an extravagant one. It takes you away with its indulgent story and really tries to mess with your mental capacity.
    The graphics in Bioshock Infinite are second to only some, e.g. Dead Space 3, Crysis 3, but are superbly done nevertheless and are perfect for what this game wishes to tell. The skies are a great cerulean blue, the city is bright and welcoming, while the slums are dark and unforgiving.
    Bioshock Infinite boasts amazing controls and gameplay mechanics. The addition of vigors, the original Bioshock’s plasmids, is a welcome one. There is solid fun to be had out of using Bucking Bronco or Return to Sender which makes you just feel like a badass. The weapons also found in Infinite are wonderful to use and really have a ‘Uumph’ behind each of them. The AI in Bioshock Infinite is some of the best in the industry, being very smart and strategic in all situations.
    Bioshock Infinite’s engaging story, followed by its’ immense graphics alongside some of today’s most solid gameplay and controls makes this an easy contender for game of the year.
  8. Apr 14, 2013
    This is my first BioShock game, and I thought it was amazing. Even my girlfiend who sometimes will watch me play games to help out with puzzles commented that "this is the best video game I've ever seen!" The city of Columbia was well realized and I enjoyed the social commentary throughout the game's setting. I played Tomb Raider after this, and my girlfriend said "none of theseThis is my first BioShock game, and I thought it was amazing. Even my girlfiend who sometimes will watch me play games to help out with puzzles commented that "this is the best video game I've ever seen!" The city of Columbia was well realized and I enjoyed the social commentary throughout the game's setting. I played Tomb Raider after this, and my girlfriend said "none of these characters are nearly as interesting as Elizabeth." I truly am not a fan of FPS at all, but the Easy setting let me enjoy the action and story without being too stressed out. Definitely a game I will replay given the chance, and I also look forward to playing the original BioShock. Expand
  9. Aug 4, 2013
    Game of the year? For what?
    Game of the year? For what?
    The gaming experience is nothing special and the biggest complaint for this game is it creating an average fun experience until you get to the end of the game where the waves upon waves of enemies are ridiculous, etc. How they make the first 38 levels fine and then all of a sudden bump it to ridiculous lengths is beyond me. And this is on hard, not even the hardest level. Soooooooooooooooo dumb. The game is fun; nothing special. Game of the year is hands down The Last Of Us; good game, but definitely overrated as well.
  10. Apr 6, 2013
    Ill keep this short and sweet: Awesome game. Can't wait to play it again. Believe the hype. GOTY candidate for sure. Super fun shooter with a gripping story and beautiful graphics. If you love video games get this!
  11. Jun 2, 2013
    In a word...Amazing! The game is a little short (which is why I had to deduct a point), but overall I was very satisfied. The game play is great, but the story is what I came for and it did not disappoint. I do not want to give any spoilers, but it was an amazing experience and I highly recommend the game to anyone that likes to play games!!
  12. Mar 26, 2013
    This game is a masterpiece! They managed to do EVERYTHING Right! I got a good 16 hours out of this game, If your thinking about buying this game, DO IT, You wont regret it!
  13. Apr 16, 2013
    Good game, but too short. While the game looks good, it isn't much of an improvement over Bioshock. I did like the combat mechanics. Way too many weapons and "vigors" that you don't have much time to invest in or use. I think it's pretty obvious that these were added for a multilayer mode that didn't happen. I think the plotting was uneven and didn't seem to have much logic to it.
  14. Apr 2, 2013
    Tbh, this was one of the games I was really looking forward to.

I loved the first Bioshock, I played that through to see both endings and it is a masterpiece of gaming. It's atmospheric, it's gripping, it's frantic and it has one of the best moments in gaming when you first come across a Big Daddy. That fear is something else. The second one was very nearly on par but just coding quite
    Tbh, this was one of the games I was really looking forward to.

The second one was very nearly on par but just coding quite capture that magic.

Which is exactly what this game is missing, atmosphere. I can't put my finger on it but it just doesn't quite get it. It don't know whether its the generic enemies, the laughable Uncharted like arena sets where you just know there will be a gunfight or the fact that all the way through the game the plot feels like you're always having to go backwards to go forwards.
    The trailer made this out to be frantic and fun where in reality it's very linear and you just follow the route you're told to go. A few times i found myself going to places in plot lines where I'd already explored.
    But more than anything it just loses that "feel". Being in the sky it loses that crucial atmosphere and for the most part you could be in any number of games.
    The weapon system is the same, hurrah. Apart from you can only have 2 weapons and 2 powers at any one time. Annoying. You find yourself running out of or looking for ammo a lot, Elizabeth sometimes helps out but only when she feels like, there's no way to ask for more.

All in all, it's a good game but its not Bioshock as we know it. The story is contrived and tried to take on too many taboos, you quickly become bored of the black/white/Irish thing. If it had less story, more atmosphere and some of that old magic it could be great but it's not.

Shame really as it could have been brilliant. But like Tomb Raider they've tried to reinvent and push it, in doing so they've missed the mark, not by much, but enough to sour the taste.
  15. Apr 7, 2013
    For me Bioshock Infinite shines in the first few hours. The world of Columbia floating in the clouds is beautiful and very much alive. It's a new experience and setting unlike anything seen in a video game; much like the original Bioshock. But it's faults out weighs it's feats. Further into the game you lose the sense of being in a spectacular city in the clouds. The levels start to feelFor me Bioshock Infinite shines in the first few hours. The world of Columbia floating in the clouds is beautiful and very much alive. It's a new experience and setting unlike anything seen in a video game; much like the original Bioshock. But it's faults out weighs it's feats. Further into the game you lose the sense of being in a spectacular city in the clouds. The levels start to feel empty, and generic. Enemies are as plain as any other first person shooter grunt. Bioshock infinite uses an old gaming formula; Kill all enemies in the location to proceed to next level. This becomes more like a choir than a thrilling experience. Bioshock infinite put a lot of emphasis on their sky hooks. Making us think this was a big part of the game. We could fly through the city turning, looping, dipping, and spinning our way through the city; in reality sky hooks is but a small portion of the game, and they are a continuous loop on small portions of a particular stage. Weapons now have iron sight which is completely useless. I can get a head shot from across the map shooting from the hip. Weapon upgrades are no fun, you can visually see a upgrade as you would in Bioshock 1. I can go over and on about where this game shoots and misses but it would be quite a lot to write down. For me there was no defining moment in Infinite. It only really picks up at the very end when the pieces of the story are reviewed. It was an enjoyable experience, but fell quite short from being great game. Expand
  16. Apr 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I want to preface this by saying that Bioshock is great, one of my favorite games ever. Now for the first half of Bioshock Infinite, I thought I would end up liking it more than the original. The first half is AMAZING. The graphics are beautiful, the story is engaging, the gameplay is perfectly paced, etc. But the moment you step through a tear "never to come back", the story starts getting pretty bad. The moment you enter another world, you have no idea if the characters are the same as they used to be. We don't know if Comstock and Fitzroy and Fink are the same anymore, since it's a different world. And I think the writers knew that too, because they pretty much stop developing all characters except Booker and Elizabeth at that point. Fink randomly dies and Fitzroy goes inexplicably crazy (actually, I CAN explain it; the developers needed you to be able to fight someone) even though those characters had been built up throughout the first half. I got no sense of closure with either of those characters. I realize that the game is supposed to have DEEP parallels to Bioshock since, you know, Booker is Andrew Ryan (he can control the Bathysphere), but the parallels seemed incredibly forced. I got the feeling that the story would not have gone the way it did if Ken Levine didn't have his ending set in stone. If you didn't notice the parallels, here are a few: crazy leader builds city around ideals; someone opposes him; there's a guy who builds stuff for him; girl(s) in blue dress(es) have magical powers and are guarded by mechanical monster(s); eccentric scientist gave girl(s) the magic. With Bioshock, you get the sense that most of the conflict occurred over a long period of time. You know that everyone's dead from the get-go, and you're learning how it happened. But with Infinite, Levine needed stuff to be the same way so he could get his, "You didn't know it, but you were playing Bioshock the whole time!" ending, so it seemed rushed. The city went to chaos over a couple weeks. Near the end, it also started to get super over-dramatic and the gameplay began to stagnate. First half/third/whatever: 10/10 for sure. The rest: ishy/10. I'd say it averages to a 7. Expand
  17. Mar 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A great game with sterling cinematic writing, it's a deserved edition to your collection. I wasn't a fan of the previous 2 Bioshock games but this one has taken the game to (literally) another level. I was unsure at first as the gameplay is almost identical to Dishonored and other similar games, but as soon as I was given the skyhook it blew me away. Great game. Expand
  18. Apr 2, 2013
    I must be the strangest Bioshock fan in the world.

My personal favorite is Bioshock 2 and I'm not afraid to admit is one of my favorite games of all time; it impressed me where the original didn't; story wise, gameplay, artistic style, etc... Now... after a long wait, after demos, pictures and many trailers teasing us for the next entry where Bioshock is now taking us to the new city
    I must be the strangest Bioshock fan in the world.

Now... after a long wait, after demos, pictures and many trailers teasing us for the next entry where Bioshock is now taking us to the new city of Columbia; a fresh new place to tell a completely new story and to marvel us once again... have Ken Levine and Irrational Games delivered the game of a generation? I'm going to say "No"

Now don't get me wrong... Bioshock Infinite is a great game and a most own; however I know how critics and fanboys have reacted and to be fair I think is quite a bit too much. The story is fantastic no doubt, it touches many human and social topics in a way we haven't looked at before, the characters are likable, the world of Columbia is fascinating and is overall awesome, but the passing was poorly executed has there is little time to meet the characters we are seeing and untimely making it hard to care for their fate safe for Booker and Elizabeth.

In the previous game I could relate with Subject Delta and Jack because were my choices what defined their characters and their ultimate outcome, Booker is the opposite he is himself and I found myself liking him but just like I wish I could and Elizabeth is a very likable and a nice character.

Gameplay wise is nothing revolutionary, it functions around the basic FPS style of this generation without really bringing anything new to the table, you are restricted to only two guns at a time, you cannot carry med packs with you anymore either can you carry salts, regenerable shields serves to mask the "regenerable health" must shooters use now days, little to no RPG elements in the overall game (the gear upgrades felt rather pointless IMO) no real variety in combat; but it's not bad or uninteresting... the occasional handy man or tin man battles actually demand quick adaptations and fast decisions, vigors give an interesting dynamic to the fight just like Bioshock 1 and 2 did before with their plasmids and Elizabeth is actually an wonderful asset to the fights.

Bioshock Infinite is a great game and I will never get tired of saying it, but is just not the fascinating game the critics and fans say it is, maybe in the future people will eventually look back and notice the things this game has for and against it...
  19. Mar 29, 2013
    Upon finishing the game, I reacted really negatively to the ending. If I can remember correctly I screamed "WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU?!!" and threw my controller across the room.

It was mind-blowing and clever, yet suffered the same fundamental storytelling flaws that Mass Effect 3 (and to a lesser extent AC3) did. It's a complete deus ex machina, introducing major plot elements

It's a complete deus ex machina, introducing major plot elements in the last minute that do not correlate properly to the preceding game (albeit despite flashes of foreshadowing). All development of the world and characters is dropped in favour of an over-ambitious, genre-changing, "look how clever we are!" stab at the audience. Everything is ultimately erased, with all the themes of racism, religion, capitalism v. communism, slavery and patriotism completely and utterly abandoned.

The ending is less BioShock and more Mass Effect 3. Besides, Phillip Pullman did it better. The developers felt that, in order to please the high expectations of fans, they had to make the ending overtly transcendent. To quote the Bard, this was a case of "Vaulting ambition, which o'erleaps itself, and falls on t'other side."

I liked the game did not love it.
  20. Jun 4, 2013
    First off, I have to say that the ending *SPOILERS* was great and the way it worked by rear-ending itself killing the loop of DeWitt turning into Comstock was brilliant, but I think the gameplay shone through more for me than just the ending.

The Skyrail system was AWESOME, the vigors/gear were a welcome addition (especially the gear, go the 70% Electric Melee 3 x Melee reach FTW!!) Melee was an integral part of my combat rotation, and it felt so clean and natural it's hard to put into words how good it felt raining death from above, charging, melee then shotgunning (very Mass Effect Vanguard-esque).

Overall I give it a 9.5 out of 10 would have got a full 10/10 if it was a tad' longer.. but 10 hours is pretty good none-the-less.

Pretty Good!
  21. Jun 14, 2013
    The most overrated game of the year, with a ridiculous setting, a badly-narrated plot that made no sense at any point, and that left the player wondering what's happening throughout the game. And the game itself was just an average, straight forward shooter that wasn't even much fun. It was a bore to get through it, and I only endured it because I wanted to see what the ending was allThe most overrated game of the year, with a ridiculous setting, a badly-narrated plot that made no sense at any point, and that left the player wondering what's happening throughout the game. And the game itself was just an average, straight forward shooter that wasn't even much fun. It was a bore to get through it, and I only endured it because I wanted to see what the ending was all about. Honestly, the game is not worth the time invested, and I don't know why all the critics are raving about it. Expand
  22. Jul 20, 2013
    "Bioshock Infinite has such an amazing story and a great way of telling it, you'll be a hook till you hit with a unsuspecting plot at the middle and end. Now only if the gameplay was that amazing as the story."
  23. Jul 31, 2013
    The hype kill me with Bioshock Infinite, I keep thinking about what I'm agree with Meristation analysis. All the time I kept thinking about "what could have been" So many things that came out in 2011 NOT LEAVE trailers.

For example Elizabeth trying to cure a horse and suddenly I remember doing a tear to help I figured I would get electric horses and real horses they would do some empathy with Elizabeth, but no cigar out electrical horses.

Well, neither helps give Elizabeth beyond ammunition, items or open tears out there. In one of the trailers I remember her into a sort of ball made of objects and water, and then Booker's electrified and thus the throwing. I remember that in fact it toward a kind of storm. None of that happens. In that scene I think it came out well and was one helluva Handy Man. None of that happens at the end.

Another thing I did not like is that in the trailers of 2011 showed us a much more vivid Elizabeth, talking more, interacting more with expressions for each situation that made her look more realistic. In the final game has passed that I can be frightened by X situation, the Songbird or I know, and right next second have the face expressionless as a doll. In the trailers when startled by Songbird remained scared and then he was passing the shock naturally as you speak. Here it happens all at once, a second is scared and the next like a doll expressionless. It is pretty seedy and the script is quite noticeable, quite contrary to what they showed in the trailers.

I remember that we saw in the trailers also played with a head like a puppet and was coming down to see different things. The behavior is similar in the final game (without the puppet scene) but quite far from what one imagined with what is shown. In fact sometimes approaching objects and is watching them, or tells you that there is no such object, but it plays with nothing, gets nothing. I also hoped there would be more dialogue. Dialogue with Elizabeth is bad, but I expected much, much more.

All this was perfectly possible, there was no technical impediments or anything. What I think is that they did not want to spend more time putting more Scripts Scripts put more dialogue or the character to do more things. Because that is what is most required time. Perhaps the intention was to put all that Irrational at first, but a matter of time left him out and in the end we left with a half-Elizabeth.

At the end I am left with the feeling that it's a mediocre game, artistically not impressed me, but neither is a "God" of games as many people have seen you preach or like myself thought it was coming along all the trailers they were going to launch.

Bioshock Infinite is mediocre, no NOTHING brings neither in terms of narrative, nor in terms of gameplay, everything has been done before and BEST.

I'm a big fan of bioshock 1 for me is the masterpiece. On 3 disappointed me for many reasons, one who has completed Hype crushing the AI ​​as I find Elizabeth is just kidding, it's nothing we have not seen before, gives ammunition! that breakthrough. To me it is an empty and dull game, with secondary characters and personality lacking animation, AI talk about Elizabeth, as you will have given it to her for all the other characters are without power, you see the population static and made of porcelain, in the same position all the time, no life, walk into a bar and shoot and no one moves, an AI shameful recently credible around you. All highly mechanized, automated, directed, did not feel at any time the sensations of BioShock 1 a moment if only in the moment you return to Rapture.

But the trailer for 2011 has killed the end game, because that was pure interactive show which nothing remains in the final game. In my judgment, that is to trick players.
  24. Dec 25, 2013
    I have finished the first bioshock and the second. i found the first game to be a great concept that was realised immaculately. There was very little to fault and i played it through several times on different platforms. The second bioshock gave me the novelty of playing as a an all powerful big daddy, and although at times you felt a bit over powered it was still a great game. I have beenI have finished the first bioshock and the second. i found the first game to be a great concept that was realised immaculately. There was very little to fault and i played it through several times on different platforms. The second bioshock gave me the novelty of playing as a an all powerful big daddy, and although at times you felt a bit over powered it was still a great game. I have been waiting for 3 or 4 years for infinite, excited about what the dev team would come up with this time round, expecting greatness. Well i have to say I'm glad i didn't buy the game straight away and decided to wait till it was cheaper because this game is awful.

To say I'm disappointed would be an understatement, this cookie cutter, glossy shooter is no better than a retarded cousin of bioshock one. Excuse me if that sounds politically incorrect. I can relate the disappointment infinite has brought to the appointment i felt playing Fable 2, after having played fable 1 many times over growing up thinking fable 2 could only make the franchise better; how wrong i was.

Anyway, whats specifically wrong with bioshock infinite is the confused storyline, and the terrible gameplay. The AI is stupid enough to leave you sighing at every battle, there's rarely a challenge, the guns are boring and combat feels clunky. This game is literally grinding through boring uninspired battles, and things start to get repetitive all too quickly. I stopped half way through my first play through as i could actually feel my life being wasted by dumbed down game play. I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone and i want my money back.
  25. Mar 31, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 9.5 -Ign ...come on people seriously?
    Yes, its a great game, but only on its own. By no means would i consider this a Bioshock game. Even while acknowledging the few critical plot holes, the meat of this game is in its story and not in its gameplay. Ex. Half way through the game you'll get involved in a race war. The blacks, Asians and other minorities join the Vox and fight back against the bigoted Columbians. However the game fails to mention how such a massive amount of these people came to live here in the slums in the first place considering how racially prejudice the whole of the city was from the get go. Gameplay-wise, compared to previous Bioshock titles, feels severely dumbed down. You have a regenerating shield, can only carry two weapons and two plasmids at a time and they REMOVED HACKING!!! Elizabeth being latched on to your ankles throwing you ammo, health, salts (equivalent of adam for plasmids) in my opinion made the game feel too easy. Its not as eerie as the previous titles were either. There's also no real choice, or different endings you can get based on your behavior during the game. This is explained later and is certainly not that big a deal, but again, compared to previous Bioshock games, its too different. Elizabeth can also teleport in objects from other dimensions when you tell her to. These are usually either sentry guns, hooks or cover. I found them to obstruct my view and offer little actual support when I truly needed it. Last thing I would like to mention is the skyline gimmick. Just don't expect to zip across from one end of town to the other. These are looped and placed in certain areas where you'll usually have to survive waves of enemies before you can continue. They can get you to certain ledges and otherwise un-reachable platforms, but that's about it. Oh, and that big mean motherf***er, Songbird. You know? The spiritual equivalent to a big daddy? Yeah... don't expect to fight him.

10/10 Unforgettable? My ass
    The story is great, no doubt about that.
    The gameplay is where this title truly suffers and you should be aware of that before you buy it.
    And you should buy it too.... or just watch a "lets play" on youtube... either way works to be quite frank.
  26. Jun 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Doesn't use the vast opportunity of alternate dimensions to it's fullest. Core story is very shallow, despite seeming very intricate at first. Combat is non existent and Elizabeth is a very bad side character that seems to be there just to throw coins to you through walls. Expand
  27. Mar 26, 2013
    This game is okay. I'll be honest though the first two Bioshock games I didn't think were as amusing as reviews dictated. I picked this up because face it, this is a really slow year for games thus far so I figured why not. It's a good game but I don't see why it is averaging the 95/100 that it currently is. Bioshock is one of those games that I will never understand the great hypeThis game is okay. I'll be honest though the first two Bioshock games I didn't think were as amusing as reviews dictated. I picked this up because face it, this is a really slow year for games thus far so I figured why not. It's a good game but I don't see why it is averaging the 95/100 that it currently is. Bioshock is one of those games that I will never understand the great hype behind. My advice? If you're really set on buying it, wait until it drops in price. Just like the other two Bioshock games the price drop will occur rather soon and severely. This game just isn't worth $60 in my opinion. It's good in it's own right but I would pay no more than $40 absolute max for it. The artwork is great but the gameplay is lacking. If you buy games because of artwork then this is for you. If you buy it for gameplay, wait until it is cheaper. Expand
  28. Mar 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Remember, dear gamers, that one demo from 2 years ago in which Booker faced that one weird politician guy who asked a certain Charles to attack with a certain murder of crows?... Well we don't see either of them. Or even that location. And thus I introduce you to my review of Bioshock Infinite, or as I now call it:

Artsy FPS: Unfulfilled.

The game opens up as a mystery wrapped in an enigma, coated in religion, social commentaries of the early 20th century, racism, steampunk and, best of all, the promise of facing the iconic Songbird in battle.

To quote some gangster or other: forget about it. Ultimately, the game is a take on the 'Infinity of universes' theory. Sci-fi. And that theme takes up the second half of the game and never lets go. So indeed, forget about all those other themes to which we mere mortals might have made somewhat of a connection with our mere human experiences and let's dive in the utter of an incoherent story those lovable over at Irrationnal are still jerking off to. As a game, it's been dumbed down from any previous Bioshock. No more hacking, no noticeable choice system, linear level design and a two-weapons-only system makes this feel more like your average war shooter than anything. The characters you meet have little to no impact on you as a gamer, which might have been fixed if the game bothered showing them more than once, and not killing them off when they are first seen!

Oh, and Songbird? The presumed Big Daddy of Infinite? He is seen only three times. Then killed off in a cutscene. Lovely. He is so underdevelopped, he could have been any fat jailer riding a glider, for all I cared!

In short, I lost my faith in the videogame market. If Irrationnal can up that badly... woof.

You, as a gamer, will feel that such little is influenced by you over the course of that lengthy playthrough. Nothing is fleshed out enough! The racism; gone. AMERICA!!!; gone. Promises were laid out by Levine, by those demos, by those trailers; all of which were ultimately misleading, even erronous. The key word is interchangeable. If the punchline to all that build-up was Multiple Realities, well congratulations, Irrationnal, you are now 'there', as in 'Been there...' As for me, I would rather go crawling back to Sofia Lamb.

The Rued.
  29. Mar 27, 2013
    Pretty pictures, no substance, which is what you can say about 99 percent of the games released these days. And the game is over in 20 hours???? This thing should sell for $20 for such little content.
  30. Jun 5, 2013
    Se isso que se passa por bons jogos hoje em dia, então meu coração sangra por esta geração. Este jogo foi uma tarefa ao fim, ea única coisa que tornou suportável era a história e os atores de voz. Eu não vou nem comparar este jogo para o primeiro, porque novo e merece ser avaliado em seu mérito real. Mas tudo Brincadeiras parte, este jogo não pode segurar uma vela para os doisSe isso que se passa por bons jogos hoje em dia, então meu coração sangra por esta geração. Este jogo foi uma tarefa ao fim, ea única coisa que tornou suportável era a história e os atores de voz. Eu não vou nem comparar este jogo para o primeiro, porque novo e merece ser avaliado em seu mérito real. Mas tudo Brincadeiras parte, este jogo não pode segurar uma vela para os dois primeiros. Gamep

estava chato
    Não há nenhum elemento servil. Isso delegada este jogo em um jogo de tiro sub-par lá. O que sorrateiramente pode ser feito desajeitado e sempre prova menos confiável no final. A AI inimigo tão esperto, ele vai ser capaz de derrubar você dentro de um segundo, independentemente de onde você está ou se pode ser visto. uma corrida típica e atirador de pistola com alguns poderes especiais que eu mal utilizados. O jogo fácil, mesmo no Hard. Eu estava esperando que isso permita-me sentir como se eu estava lutando por minha vida, ou arrecadar materiais, mas este jogo dá-lhe Saúde na proliferação. Eu nunca tive necessidade, e isso não faz o jogo parecer real. Era barato. O jogo dá-lhe tudo em uma bandeja de prata. Eu rapidamente desligou todos os itens do HUD que lhe dá o caminho mais fácil, mas eu ainda achei o jogo fazendo isso. A parte que mais me decepcionante foi o nível de maquiagem. Enquanto belo (em um grau), o jogo está usando todos os atalhos clássicos. Bad polígono contagem, terrível mapeamento de textura sério, o motor Unreal mais velho do que a Deus, podemos colocá-lo para a cama agora? Obrigado. os níveis são basicamente como o jogo FEAR abetos. Atire alguns caras, viagem para a próxima fase, matar alguns caras, pequeno monólogo de Elizabeth, lavagem, enxágüe, repita. uma fórmula que não permite muita exploração. Sobre todo bom encontro no jogo roteirizado e isso chato. Onde estavam as lutas contra chefes? Eu nunca tive nenhum problema até que ele veio para os trabalhadores manuais, e, em seguida, se você sabe o truque, eles são fáceis demais. Os bandidos não me fez odiá-los. Eles não eram vilão. Pensei em Booker como mais um vilão do que eles. Vou dar o crédito jogo onde devido. Ele fez ma
  31. Mar 28, 2013
    Disappointment. I feel cheated. This goes down as the most over-hyped over-rated game in history. As someone who played the first two games and loved the experience, I feel incredibly let down by this release. I'm sorry for the fan-boys that claim this is the GOTY, they require mental evaluation. Uninspiring gameplay, washed out visuals and DLC content absolutely ruin this game. I'mDisappointment. I feel cheated. This goes down as the most over-hyped over-rated game in history. As someone who played the first two games and loved the experience, I feel incredibly let down by this release. I'm sorry for the fan-boys that claim this is the GOTY, they require mental evaluation. Uninspiring gameplay, washed out visuals and DLC content absolutely ruin this game. I'm reselling it before everyone else comes to their senses. Expand
  32. Apr 2, 2013
    For the life of me, I wanted to give this game a 1 on here just to try and aid to the lowering of the overall score, but my morals don't allow it. I will however give it what it deserves in my opinion... A 6. I fell into the hype and reviews that the game was getting, so I ended up buying it. It is beyond me how the game has such a high score.
    Gameplay: Incredibly generic and repetitive.
    Gameplay: Incredibly generic and repetitive. I was expecting something rather unique and different than usual, but all I got was a dumbed down version of the first bioshock. The game is completely smooth and does what it needs to do (be a shooter), but that got old after the first 2 hours of play.
    AI: Hm.. To make a long story short, it's terrible.
    Visuals: Throw my back to 2010, and I'd have to say it looks pretty amazing. The colors are vibrant, graphics are very nice and it has a warm feeling. We are, however, in 2013. I've seen so many games in the last 2 years that blow me away, and have an incredible amount of substance and options more than this game. The attention to some details (or lack thereof) is quite annoying as well.

All in all I find it hard to play the game for more than 40 minutes at a time... And from what I've heard, the ending is a mind blowing experience. Shame I'll have to actually finish the game to get to it. For being a shooter, it's as basic as it gets. Take the first bioshock (Completely unique and amazing to this day) shred it down to please the masses, and you have Infinite.
    I seem to say a lot of negative about it... Only because 80% of you reviewers along with critics praise it like it's a cure for cancer, tricking me into being all-to-excited for this next installment. I do have a strong desire to go back and play the first Bioshock though. That much I'll thank Infinite for.
  33. Mar 29, 2013
    This is a perfect case of nostalgia taking over a sound judgment; I'm seeing alot of 10's where that kind of score should be given to a perfect game with no faults whatsoever. The game is good, I admit that. It has one of the most amazing visuals this gen and the story, while not on par with the previous shock games, is still good enough to immerse any gamer. The gameplay, however, is soThis is a perfect case of nostalgia taking over a sound judgment; I'm seeing alot of 10's where that kind of score should be given to a perfect game with no faults whatsoever. The game is good, I admit that. It has one of the most amazing visuals this gen and the story, while not on par with the previous shock games, is still good enough to immerse any gamer. The gameplay, however, is so frustrating. I'm not sure whether i'm just that good or the combat is effing easy. I was playing on Hard mode but enemies rarely pose a challenge; It was supposed to be a Souls-kind of difficulty on higher modes but the devs apparently catered to the casuals. The gameplay was also dumbed down. I still vividly remember my first encounter with a Big Daddy; it really sent shivers down my spine. It was such a juggernaut that first time encounters will be really difficult. Infinite poses no intimidating enemies. It felt like I'm just shooting down generic AI just to advance the story. I was about to give this game a 6/10 but seeing so many 10's, I have to give it a 4 to level the score. Expand
  34. Apr 5, 2013
    Scratch beneath the surface of Bioshock Infinite's glossy veneer and your'll find a mind numbing shooter completely and utterly devoid of any innovation or depths. Let's get straight down to business here, this game is not fun to play. Game-play consists of irritatingly stupid enemies running at you, you shoot them, then loot their corpses, repeat for 20 hours. Combat is barely competent.Scratch beneath the surface of Bioshock Infinite's glossy veneer and your'll find a mind numbing shooter completely and utterly devoid of any innovation or depths. Let's get straight down to business here, this game is not fun to play. Game-play consists of irritatingly stupid enemies running at you, you shoot them, then loot their corpses, repeat for 20 hours. Combat is barely competent. With no cover mechanic, impossible to see enemies will attack from all angles. Increasing the difficulty only increases the level of frustration. There is no tightly woven gaming mechanic to master here you just have to grind through the best you can. The story and characters are obnoxiously shoved in your face constantly, but with no way of affecting events they only serve to annoy further. The only area Infinite scores marks in is the presentation and concept. Columbia could have been a great setting for a better game. But Infinite is just irrelevant. Expand
  35. May 27, 2013
    What's missing was plasma. I really missed that, that was the main thing I loved about Bioshock. I loved the Electro-Bolt, Cyclone Trap Enrage Hypnotize Big Daddy Incinerate!, Insect Swarm Security Bullseye, Sonic Boom Target Dummy, Telekinesis Winter Blast. Last of all Soundtrack was perfect. Bioshock Infinite didn't had any of that. Guns were horrible as well.
  36. Mar 29, 2013
    most over rated game of the year. its not that great but maybe good and not even THAT good but also not bad for an FPS game. tbh, FPS is not my type of games but with all the hype and 10/10 scores here and there I decided to give it a shot maybe I'll like it and I was wrong. I wish I saved my money for other games like Resident Evil Revelations or The Last of Us... now there are def my type...
  37. Sep 2, 2013
    Not sure why all the fuss about this game. I got the game and I think it's OK nothing special. The gameplay is pretty plain and the game in general is just not exciting. I wouldn't recommend this game to people there are many other games that are spectacular. Avoid.
  38. Jun 17, 2013
    good game
    A good game but during the attachment in their tracks same mistakes !
    Repeat many in the murder or duplicate the style of play
    Boring sometimes
    Fees are very good
    Very beautiful colors
    The story related to blasphemy and acute
  39. Feb 28, 2014
    My honest opinion is this game has a unique setting. It doesn't have many huge differences from bioshock infact it lacks some of the great customizable skills or atleast to me all the skills seem exactly the same with new visuals. The AI is terrible I know everyone said how great the AI was but to me she always got in the way and tells me to take crap at the most inappropriate times and ifMy honest opinion is this game has a unique setting. It doesn't have many huge differences from bioshock infact it lacks some of the great customizable skills or atleast to me all the skills seem exactly the same with new visuals. The AI is terrible I know everyone said how great the AI was but to me she always got in the way and tells me to take crap at the most inappropriate times and if you don't do it right away she forgets about it. It would be nice if i could finish killing the guys before being bothered for crap like that. I've ran into too many enemies that stand infront of you and do nothing. Including many times when unlocking safes/doors where she would run in the wrong direction then teleport to the safe. The guns feel bland and nothing special unlike previous games. The only good thing about your companion is her talking/story to keep you from shooting yourself from boring game play. The entire skyrail feels like i'm playing batman.. since its the only good use for it is jumping on enemies for easy kills. Besides the story nothing new. The story is what saves this game, Unique and memorable characters and unique visuals. In terms of gameplay its fallen short its mindless gameplay which really is press this button and win. The attempt of adding strategy with tears really just makes things easier for anyone that knows how to press a button. Many tears which for some reason only appear after you completed a part of the story even though you already been to the same map. Adding no variety on how you fight each battle. Since its the same tears for the same battles. The visuals were amazing the map design not so much the levels were small clunky full of dead ends and nothing to explore unless told to by elizabeth. Lots of invisible walls preventing you from collecting items/money. I enjoyed the 1st,2nd and 3d but sadly the thrill of bioshock gameplay lost its excitement the 3rd time around. You will only play this for the story, You will not remember anything about the gameplay. I suggest watching a let's play than actually play the game you will be more relax and drinking beer/snacks, because if you play this You will get annoyed by the buggy ai and lack of new gameplay. Expand
  40. Apr 9, 2013
    If this was a movie review, I'd give it a 9. But I don't much care for paying $60 for a movie, and as a game it's really nothing special, and I'd even say some of it's gimmicky gameplay is a bit annoying. If you're like me, you'll plow through it in a day or two, think about the cool story once or twice and never play it again.
  41. Apr 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ok, so I am a huge fan of the Bioshock games, and think that 1 and 2 are the best FPS on the consoles. They have everything, the challenge, the flexibility, the fun, the hacking, the dark story, the easy to follow story line, the planning for whenever you need to fight a big daddy, then the excitement when you hit him and you hear that roar as he charges towards you. the different environments, all unique in setup, even if the monsters were not. Overall a huge couple of games and IMO a solid 9/10.

Then we get to infinite, and it seems that the developers from the first 2 have left or gone to other things, because nearly all of what made BS1/2 great is gone. The challenge is gone, the flexibility(less plasmids or whatever the heck they are called), and the plasmids we do have are unimpressive for the most. Only 2 guns allowed now so no flexibility in guns. The hacking..gone. The excitement of facing a foe like the big daddy is gone. No creature even close to it exists in infinity.

And then we get the story. Now the stories from 1 and 2 were reasonably straightforward and easy to follow. But in infinite, they have taken leave of their senses and created something truly obscure and impossible to follow. Any1 who has watched the film "inception" with dreams inside dreams inside dreams will be getting close to infinite. You go through a "tear" and you end up in the same place but as part of an alternate reality, then you start time travelling, then you go back, and forwards. You end up not knowing who the heck you are fighting and what/when you are. Even the final scenes do not do a great job of explaining it all.(look at the official forums, full of people going wtf? or is my understanding correct or please explain). Why did they do this? What did they hope to achieve with such a messed up convoluted story. As far as I can see it gave them an excuse to reuse the same piece of environment over and over and over again. See above about unique environments in BS1/2. And the atmosphere created is not dark and scary like BS1/2, not even close.

Now, infinite is not a bad game and it should be played by fans of FPS and BS alike, but it certainly is not worth the 9.5 given by reviewers. I've played BS1 and 2 several times, platinum'd both and will still play them again. BS infinite is now on my shelf, and I can't see any reason to take it down and play it again, when it's predecessors were so much better.
  42. Mar 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. THE ENDING OH GOD IT HURTS MY BRAIN!
    The game was awesome but just the ending.
    What were they thinking it makes no sense.
    Also the twins make no sense
  43. Apr 9, 2013
    There aren't enough words or review that can tell you how good this game is, but if some word is close to describe it is masterpiece, easily, one of the best games out there right now, is one of those games that always amaze you and you never want to finish it because every fragment of the game is awsome.
    The ability to make you feel the plot, the identified you feel with Booker is
    The ability to make you feel the plot, the identified you feel with Booker is something that no other game had transmited me before.
    The music, artistical design, the environments fit perfectly to the situation.
    I'm not gonna say that the gameplay mechanichs are amazing because maybe are a bit simple, but they are fun as hell and the made their goal because I haven't experience myself that tedious moment in other games of here are enemies", they probably should change the vigors and weapon enhancements to make them more fluid, I didn't change my vigors because I had the maxed and same with the weapons, that isn't bad either, but in some places I felt that I wanted to use other weapon or vigor and I realise that was a bad idea because they weren't leveled, but, as I say, the combat is very fun despite being a bit simple.
    The A.I (Elizabeth) is the best partneryou can find in an game,she reacts to the environment, she interacts with it, she speaks you acordingly to the situation, simply amazing.
    Congratulations to Ken Levin and his team, I can count with my fingers the games that I think they deserve a 10/10 and this is one of them.
  44. Apr 3, 2013
    Bioshock Uncharted:

Bioshock Uncharted:

The first two Bioshock games were great in comparison to this, I'm baffled by the press and their praise of it. It's obvious that story telling took a priority, and in doing so removed key aspects that made it's predecessors successful. The collision detection is terrible and the options for customization are a step backward. Contrary to Rapture there is no map, and each level is a linear path pushing you to the end of the "game" which really makes the whole thing more of a game-movie. This game attempts originality but borrows aspects from the Uncharted series and dabbles with concepts from Valves's masterpiece Half Life 2.

Despite these shortfalls, the setting, sound effects, music and art direction keep you entertained and curious for what lies ahead. Decent voice acting, clever plot twists also help move the game along and strike some empathy with the characters.

In the end the lack of sustenance provided makes for a poor comparison to it's predecessors.
  45. Mar 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Would you Kindly read this whole review. Beat the game the day it came out on hard. It has a nice long game length for being primarily a shooter. The back tracking of the previous games is gone. Once you move on to a new area you are down with the other. So make sure you are ready to move on. It's not a major thing but still i wish that i could have gone back to some of the beginning areas after i learned some of the preferred hiding methods of the designers. This is an amazing game which i would love to say is GOTY for me...but...sadly I found its spirit wanting(though it still has no equal yet.). It falls, 'ironically', prey to its own devices from Bioshock 1. Where you learn that you are only doing things because your told...and your choices matter not. Well Bioshock infinite has some choices...but with no real effect. I half expect Mr. Ryan to come out at the end and just laugh at me for thinking that they made a difference. The game tries to explain this away by saying the end was inevitable no matter what...but the words still ring hollow, because the game is about freedom. But you have none. (But, no matter what you get the cage. There is no bird.) To better explain it. Think of a coin toss. Heads or tails, it doesn't matter the coin will still fall. I guess the only reason i am slightly disappointed is because i thought the coin could fly. It just becomes to linear...too obviously linear. On another note, two key characters of the game are just under-developed. Leader of the Vox. With out spoiling too much you find out something important about their supposed past. But nothing comes of it. it just is there. And it is a pretty important thing of how they came to be in their position. And after you wrap up that part of the story with them...That's it for them. It comes to a pretty solid end...but still its like they never existed after wards. If you doubt me play through that whole part again. and then right after try to focus on how people react to what happened. Maybe i missed something in my exploration, but after it was like they never existed, there was no real aftershock. And the second is the person that is directly tied to the Vox leader, Mr Fink; and he falls pray to the same thing i'm afraid. He just had no effect at the end. No ripples(not a major thing i never really cared for him, but the void left in his wake just kinda bothered me.) These are my only real complaints. other than this, the game play is spot on. the Sky rails are done well(if limited in use). Everything else seems to be in top shape.The story is decent. The twists are interesting...but almost all are foresee-able. The ending is...awesome and unexpected, but what you find out from it is also foresee-able(if you explored and collected most of the "Diaries" and have a slight notion of the butterfly effect. but, even knowing nothing of it you can still piece together a good deal just with what happens over the course of the game). Its like knowing all the actors before they hit the spotlight, but not knowing the stage or the performance. The main reason this amazing game gets a 7/10 instead of a 10/10 is mainly because of the illusion of choice. Now how can i take off three points for something almost all game do? Well after bioshock 1 and the twist of that i guess i am just disappointed that this game came to this point. After i beat the game I instantly went to see if my ending was different from others based on the choices I made...but I was only greeted by finding out that no matter what it was the same. I feel it held itself back from greatness, because the most important choice you will ever make it that game is whether to upgrade your guns or your powers because money(for me) was sparse. Maybe 3 points off is a little harsh, but to me it was a major thing that mattered. Most choices weren't as pivotal as save the little sister or harvest her to survive easier. But, the choices in this game big or same had no big game changing effect. I can not stress that enough. See how much it bothers me? In conclusion My score is a 7/10 but a more fair score would be a 8.5/10 just for some minor things i had come to expect in the series(i.e. back tracking, research, and pivotal choices.) But i would recommend this game to anyone and everyone. So would you kindly... go play it? Expand
  46. May 5, 2013
    When I first started playing Bioshock Infinite, I felt like it was the greatest game ever like I did with the first Bioshock. Then I realized that this isn't the first Bioshock. Don't get me wrong, this game is still really fun and has a good story like the first, but it just didn't give me that same feeling that I got from the first game. The gameplay is radically different from the firstWhen I first started playing Bioshock Infinite, I felt like it was the greatest game ever like I did with the first Bioshock. Then I realized that this isn't the first Bioshock. Don't get me wrong, this game is still really fun and has a good story like the first, but it just didn't give me that same feeling that I got from the first game. The gameplay is radically different from the first game, and not in a good way. The first game was nearly perfect as a mix of FPS, RPG, and survival horror, this is just a straight up FPS. Even though it's a straight up FPS, it's still a really fun game to play. I liked using all of the different weapons and seeing what I could do with them and it helps make the game not be repetitive. Vigors and Elizabeth's ability to open tears also make the game not repetitive. I do have an issue with the vigors though, there just aren't enough of them. In the first Bioshock I loved all of the different plasmids that I could get, but there just aren't very many vigors in Bioshock Infinite. I loved Elizabeth's ability to open tears, it made combat a little better because she can bring many different things into battle. She can bring in things like weapons, turrets, patriots(giant robotic George Washington with a big gun), mosquitos(floating turrets), cover, and puddles(so you can shock people standing in it). Opening tears is great because it varies combat a lot. My main issue with gameplay is that it's a bit too easy, if you run out of ammo, Elizabeth will just give you more. It's the same thing with salts(vigors). The game was made a lot easier because Elizabeth can just give you a lot of things that you could use without you actually trying to find it. Almost every time that my health got low, Elizabeth gave me a health pack, which honestly, made the game too easy. The only really difficult part of the game is the handyman fights. I hated how they got rid of most of the RPG and survival horror elements. I would like to say that I thought that the story was just okay, not great. It really didn't get interesting until it was nearing the end, the rest just felt like filler to make the game longer. Which is weird because the game really isn't that long, it took me about eight hours to finish it. My biggest issue with the game overall is the ending, I'm not going to spoil anything but it doesn't make sense and it doesn't answer any questions. Most people who played the game say that it has a phenomenal ending, but I really don't see it. Instead of tying up all of the loose ends like an ending to a story is supposed to do it just brought up more questions. I wasn't satisfied with the ending one little bit. In conclusion, Bioshock Infinite is a good, fun game that has issues and is radically different from the first game but in a negative way. My score would actually be a lot lower but the game is still really, really fun and I played it from beginning to end in a couple days. It's not the best game ever, and it's definitely not as good as the first Bioshock, which was one of the greatest games of this generation and of all time. This game is kind of hard to recommend because it's just too short and it lacks replay value and the story is just not that great. Expand
  47. Mar 28, 2013
    Great graphics and interesting storyline. Combat is still second rate in my opinion, but the splendour of the environment will more than compensate for it. Disappointing though, to see, in the first few minutes, a large sign over one of the shops with a spelling error. (Confectionary) Sort of detracts from the professionalism of the game somewhat. Nevertheless, you won't be disappointedGreat graphics and interesting storyline. Combat is still second rate in my opinion, but the splendour of the environment will more than compensate for it. Disappointing though, to see, in the first few minutes, a large sign over one of the shops with a spelling error. (Confectionary) Sort of detracts from the professionalism of the game somewhat. Nevertheless, you won't be disappointed with this one. Expand
  48. Mar 28, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite was a good game, but didn't give me the same 'wow' feeling as the original. The story was pretty clique but i feel the fantastic visuals make up for this. The ending to me though, was slightly unfulfilling, but not as bad as Mass Effect 3's.
  49. Mar 28, 2013
    This is a great game, and Columbia is beautiful. It has a really solid story and excellent gameplay, but I have to admit I enjoyed Rapture much more. The Original 'Bioshock' is better. 'Infinite' feels almost to open world-ish at times for a Bioshock game that It feels like I have to spend just as much time looting as I do shooting just to prevent from running out of ammo and vigor, andThis is a great game, and Columbia is beautiful. It has a really solid story and excellent gameplay, but I have to admit I enjoyed Rapture much more. The Original 'Bioshock' is better. 'Infinite' feels almost to open world-ish at times for a Bioshock game that It feels like I have to spend just as much time looting as I do shooting just to prevent from running out of ammo and vigor, and while it has a good story, it's got nothing on the original. Expand
  50. Mar 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Gameplay 10/10 It plays great, people who are worried about the partner AI being annoying worry yourselves not Elizabeth is no (insert resident evil AI partner/escort here) she actually helps you (throws you ammo, money, health-packs, salts.) and will "teleport" close to you (but behind you or off to the side so it doesn't break immersion) if you get too far ahead of her. The "vigors" (plasmids) and guns feel great although I found I was using the pistols mostly (possibly just my preference I find I like pistols in most games for some reason)

Graphics 9/10 mostly amazing, there's alot of bloom at times and I had to turn down my brightness just to be able to see enemies that were in the same direction as the sun. (I wont give you alot of details here because frankly I don't know about graphics, if it looks nice it looks nice right?) Audio 8/10 the sound effects are amazing, the guns (especially the pistol) make big boom! The music is eerie when it needs to be and really adds to the atmosphere. only complaints I have are that the combat is really loud at times, which is both good and bad and is easily remedied by turning down the SFX volume (or just doing what I did and turning down my speakers when it gets loud so's not to piss off the neighbors :P) and sometimes the dialogue is too quiet. Story 4/10 "Bioshock: Fringe Division! Don't get me wrong the atmosphere is great and the story is great for the most part but in the end it left me not able make balls or brains out of what the flying actually happened, it's like a bastardized version of Fringe, except fringe made sense, this doesn't, I get the feeling they were trying to be too philosophical with the ending except the writers are definitely not philosophers. World-building 10/10 Bioshock Infinite creates an amazing world taking hint from post revolutionary war and civil war themes and issues. Characters 7/10 The game's characters for the most part are amazing you'll fall in love with Elizabeth and want to rip Comstock's dick out of his eye-sockets, however near the beginning of the game Elizabeth does a few things that didn't sit right with me, for example the first time you kill a room full of bad guys she runs away, but as soon as you catch up with her again she's all happy to be friends again, with only a couple of lines of dialogue explanation on why you had to go postal on all those human beings.
  51. Mar 30, 2013
    It begins much like the previous BioShock games, just you against the world trying to achieve a single goal, but during the rescue of Elizabeth a relationship is formed with her character that makes the ending such a surprising, poignant and emotional moment. My only negative, and quite a large one at that, would be that it was too quick to finish, even though I chose Hard mode from theIt begins much like the previous BioShock games, just you against the world trying to achieve a single goal, but during the rescue of Elizabeth a relationship is formed with her character that makes the ending such a surprising, poignant and emotional moment. My only negative, and quite a large one at that, would be that it was too quick to finish, even though I chose Hard mode from the beginning. 18 hours according to Steam, although that was over the Easter weekend so I had plenty of game time available. Yes, I could now play it in 1999 mode for it to be more difficult but, unlike the previous BioShock, this is a fixed story line and I have no wish to revisit Columbia and my relationship with Elizabeth, knowing how it will end. Expand
  52. Mar 31, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Disappointed is the word I would use to describe my feeling about this game. While the game is visual beautiful, it lacks from the previous games in the franchise. To bad they did not get this game right. Not only is it the shortest of the three, it has a annoying story to follow. I found the purpose of traps with every vigor somewhat useless as majority of the environments are large in comparison to the first 2 bioshock. The story and ending was confusing at times, and I to finished the game feeling ripped off. Glad I payed for a short game with a little enjoyment in the game play. The time line seems to be short so the bond between Elizabeth and Booker is forgettable. I hate that you can carry only two guns. I looked forward to another one in the series, but this game wasn't as good, and like I said I was left feeling disappointed. Expand
  53. Apr 2, 2013
    OK enough of the 10 out of 10 scores as they are not very relevant.
    I will not go into my personal issues with this game as I will be here all day so just PROS and CONS -
    PROS: The game does look very nice, in fact too candy looking nice, like stepping into a 3D world made by WILLY WONKA which would be lovely for a game based on this type of adventure, but this is a shooter and a not
    OK enough of the 10 out of 10 scores as they are not very relevant.

PROS:
    The game does look very nice, in fact too candy looking nice, like stepping into a 3D world made by WILLY WONKA which would be lovely for a game based on this type of adventure, but this is a shooter and a not very realistic one more of a dreamy sweet one!

The vocal talent and sound effects are very good.
    The 3D models are also very well done.
    The textures can be a mixed bag though and spoil some great moments.
    The story starts well but gets confused with itself in the end.
    The Elizabeth character works well but agin to sugary for my taste.

CONS:
    The hype of this game was never going to be realised and it will be in bargain bins within 6 months.
    The shooting is bad, the aiming is rubbish and clunky and the weaponry is not very inventive at all coming from original BIOSHOCK creators.
    This is a treacle covered BIOSHOCK 1 where the creators have reused mechanics under a different setting.
    This is NOT a step forward or a better game than BIOSHOCK 1.
    The main character is not very indearing and movable, try this very early on your on a floating barge try jumping up onto some crates and then jump to teh skyrail above.......You cannot do it! but after a few minutes you can leap what seems to be 20 feet into the air to a skyhook without any problem!
    The mechanics just are not consistant to the world and the map you are in.
    Also what is with all the loading...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz do you wish to leave this area????? consoles got over this years ago with streaming data for new levels etc.
    If you wish to see a really good game in action, plays very well and enjoy the atmosphere then spend your money on TOMB RAIDER or if you must play this type of game hunt out teh original which is far far better.

SUMMARY:
    Like the remake of Charlie and the chocolate factory, this is sugar coated but lacks the brilliance of the original it was based on.
  54. Apr 4, 2013
    Okay, so, a little setting. Bioshock holds a special place in my heart as my favorite game of all time. I've put ridiculously large amounts of my life into exploring every facet that game has to offer. Moving on. Infinite is a fantastic game and every gamer should pick this up... Unless you're a Bioshock fan.
    World/ Backstory: I'm not sure I could quite put my finger on it, but
    World/ Backstory: I'm not sure I could quite put my finger on it, but Infinite manages to capture the spark of the original in terms of its backstory. Every audio diary is full of interesting character and powerful voice acting that makes you believe these are real people. I think this really speaks to Ken Levine being present during the recording sessions. He was able to push them to their best. The world, while very very surreal, has flaws that reflect reality during the 20's. Racism is a glaring issue in Columbia that seems to be at a fever pitch. While I loved feeling everything that Columbia was going through, there were very few times when the atmosphere left me scarred or tense. Generally, the color palette made me feel at ease with it's bright, sunshine colorfulness. Another aspect to point out is the shocking amount of NPCs. They're everywhere. Gossiping, playing arcade games, swimming, riding the skyline, shooting you, everything you would expect city goers to be doing in a game The isolation of Bioshock is most definitely gone in Infinite. You can decide for yourself if that's good or bad. For me, it kind of brought a frown to my face.
    Level Design: You will be able to tell almost instantly that this is the work of Irrational. Level design gives many nods to Bioshock, especially anytime you step inside a building. Propaganda placed in extravagant, impossible to miss locations, a sense of grudge and dirtiness is everywhere, and layers upon layers of juicy fog. Many doors open automatically similar to Bioshock. There does seem to be less emphasis on exploration. There are little side quests, but they're usually nothing deeper than: go get this thing in order to get that object. This is something that really bothers me. Bioshock had much more backtracking and complex level design for you to sink your mind into, and it all feels very streamlined in Infinite. You aren't even given a designated map.
    Sound Design: Speaking as an audio engineer, the sound design is bone chillingly incredible. Your first steps on Columbia soil will set a tone for a game like I've never heard or seen before. Walking through the halls of a temple dedicated to Comstock you hear voices singing. I'm not sure what plug-in/ recording techniques they used, but the reverberation is so rich, I didn't want to leave the area, I just wanted to sit there and listen.
    Characters: I'll just focus on Elizabeth here. If I had to define her in one phrase, I'd say she is a disney princess. Wide eyed, full of curiosity. Her AI scripting is really something to experience. Unlike most other escort games, Elizabeth will interact with the world. She'll walk over to a table, and examine the bottles of whisky topled onto an unfinished plate of food. She'll get cotton candy from a vendor at the arcade. It'll floor you.
    Story: It's here that most of my complaints begin. You have your artists and engineers slave over these incredible environments, so unique and awe inspiring. But before you get a chance to really soak it all in, the game is dragging you to another area of the city. In Bioshock, I never felt rushed. In Infinite, I feel rushed maybe 80% of the time. The story is an absolute roller coaster. It's fantastic, and will grab you instantly, but it makes world exploration frustrating because you never have much time to breathe. This is fun and appeals to a larger audience, but if you are like me, you like to stay in one area and really get to know it until it becomes your own. Gone in Infinite. Bioshock was really a collection of stories. You would go from one area to another hearing the tales of mad men, Steinman to Cohen. This made for very steady pacing. A pacing for gamers, not movie enthusiast (you don't play a game for the same reason you watch a movie).
    Game Mechanics: And it's here that I cry out in agony. Plasmids have been dumbed down. 4 of the 8 vigors do very similar things. Hacking is, in essence, gone. All of this is not necessarily a bad thing, just to me. Hacking turrets was an incredibly gratifying experience. Honestly, the mechanics have become extremely tight. You no longer worry about health packs or keeping an inventory of salts. Guns no longer have multiple ammo types. My first thought was: this system be great for multiplayer. It made me wonder if some of the multiplayer mentality stuck around after it was cut. Making great mechanics for a multiplayer experience, and mechanics for a single player experience are two very different things.
    Don't get me wrong, this game is a work of art, but if you are a Bioshock fan, prepare to be a little disappointed.
  55. Apr 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Yes, this game has an incredibly high Critic rating and those are given to it not only for it's graphics, engine, artificial intelligence, interesting weaponry and powers, cleverly created atmosphere and setting.
    This game is one of the first multi-million dollar productions, which is created against racism with a very powerful story. With regards to being a first-person shooter, it is not the best. It doesn't add too much to the genre and the graphics have better rivals like ES V Skyrim, Crysis 3, Tomb Raider, etc. However, the story flows like a river, the gore and violence is balanced, the achievements are making the player go for more, while there are not tons of things to explore, it is still a very big setting and as all Bioshock games, it is unique and eerily enchanting. I can not say that Bioshock Infinite can technically be the GOTY, but it definitely is a bold and attractive way of giving a game some "character" and making the player "feel it". I think it has to be in your collection.
  56. Apr 8, 2013
    Yes i will agree with anyone who will say this is a very good game, cause frankly it is, but there are some down sides, i feel for a game that took so long to make it should be allot longer than 8 hours, yes it may be 8 hours of great game play but it is too short for the price tag of £40 considering no multi-player has been added.I also thing the powers in this game are very pointless andYes i will agree with anyone who will say this is a very good game, cause frankly it is, but there are some down sides, i feel for a game that took so long to make it should be allot longer than 8 hours, yes it may be 8 hours of great game play but it is too short for the price tag of £40 considering no multi-player has been added.I also thing the powers in this game are very pointless and do not make any sense in the games settings, also why do only your character use them considering they are heavily advertised around new Columbia. But on the good side it does have good game play and possibly the best ending in a game I have ever seen, Elizabeth is also a very good character and the fact that the story is centred around her works very well. Due to al of this i believe it deserves an 8, I also believe it only got a 10 from alot of people was due to it being a Bioshock game. Expand
  57. Apr 10, 2013
    Universal acclaim? 95/100? 9/10? As if. This game is mediocre at best, sorry guys. The only redeeming qualities are the graphics, the very artistic environment, and the voice acting. The story is one big cliche with a predictable ending (unless you haven't read a good book in the past 20 years). It's a shame that people are setting something like this as "par" for a game now a days. TheUniversal acclaim? 95/100? 9/10? As if. This game is mediocre at best, sorry guys. The only redeeming qualities are the graphics, the very artistic environment, and the voice acting. The story is one big cliche with a predictable ending (unless you haven't read a good book in the past 20 years). It's a shame that people are setting something like this as "par" for a game now a days. The game is repetitive and boring...the only thing keeping you hooked is the anticipation of the climax of what potentially could have been an amazing story. In the end, you're left with a $60 paperweight (not much replay value in this game folks), a fight-club/12 monkey- esque ending, and characters that you barely care about. I know this review isn't enough to convince a zombie army of new generation gamers, but hopefully it will help people that have taste, and realize that rehashed, gimmick garbage like this wouldn't have cut it 10-15 years ago. See CollegeShinobi's review, he sums it up QUITE well. Expand
  58. Apr 12, 2013
    this game is amazing from start to finish great gameplay amazing story good combat good variety of enemies one of the best games I've ever played irrational games does it again
  59. Jun 14, 2013
    Ièm a little late in reviewing this game although I did happen to buy it on launch. The game is different than the other Bio Shock games, and in a way change can be good, but in this sense it wasn't. The other Bio Shock games had a spooky atmosphere and was kind of eerie. This game is all sunshine and lollipops, with very little replayability.Graphics are good,controls are good,sound wasIèm a little late in reviewing this game although I did happen to buy it on launch. The game is different than the other Bio Shock games, and in a way change can be good, but in this sense it wasn't. The other Bio Shock games had a spooky atmosphere and was kind of eerie. This game is all sunshine and lollipops, with very little replayability.Graphics are good,controls are good,sound was good,story is ridiculous IMO. Its a decent game but not nearly as good as I thought it would be.In a way its cool because the game comes with the original bioshock, but if you already had the game then it makes no difference. There are better games out there, but give it a try, it is worth a try atleast. Expand
  60. Apr 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. BioShock Infinite is great game tho its much as the others. This is much of copy from 2. Lets get to talking about the game goods and the bad. What i liked about BioShock Infinite was story. It was very interesting and compelling. It was very mature and it speaks to the player on personal and emotional way like walking dead.
    When you you get into the lighthouse and lift off i was wow this is cool and when you got up to the clouds i was wow this is awesome! Graphics were so amazing that its very big plus.
    First when you start using vigor's and weapons it was cool. Also good thing was you get the different weapons and vigor's pretty fast. When i had played this half a day i got bit bored. Too much fighting. I feel that i didn't had enough of resting. You know what i mean? A break when i want to see animations etc. I would have seen more of that
    After all this is very good game and i hope that other game creators would create games like this. Emotional games that personally affects the player. Making him sad and happy.
  61. May 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It was a pretty fun adventure but I do feel a bit sad for the Dewitt fellow with the suicide and all.But then again could always just switch dimensions and see him in action again.I also never found out why Comstock is raciest after his or should I say Booker's origin.If you see me say I said hello. Expand
  62. May 11, 2013
    I enjoyed the game at first just wandering around looking at the vendors, and then it was nonstop shooting from there on in that's why I only give this game a six.
  63. Jun 5, 2013
    I was scared that all the hype would build my expectations up to the point where the game couldn't meet them, but it didn't. This game was fantastic. The last hour or so of the game throws alot at you at once, and for alot of people it will be hard to understand. If you do manage to grasp the concepts, however, you might want to lay a pillow out on the floor for when your jaw hits it.
  64. Jun 12, 2013
    It is obvious a GoTY contender and most people who hate it are mainly just hipster jumping on the bandwagon because all they play are indie games.
  65. Jul 29, 2013
    Most disappointing game of the year

Most disappointing game of the year

Gameplay: The game involves you shooting a lot of people while using powers (vigors) to dispatch of them. This may seem like fun but enemy AI has got to be some of the worst I have ever seen, if they're not busy running towards you they're either running in circles around an object or they're standing on one spot making them easy targets, this seemed like it would make the game easy but every enemy is a massive bullet sponge and will force you to scavenge during the battle while someone charges behind you with a shotgun. Almost every weapon is useless and you will find yourself keeping the same two weapons for the whole game since they are the strongest out of all weapons. The same goes for vigors here (Bucking Bronco itself is all that's really needed to win). All of the exploration from previous Bioshock games are missing here and this game becomes mostly a corridor shooter, the only exploration involved is the use of lock-picks to open doors for more items but these don't really keep anything special. There is gear that can be found and added onto your character and can change your abilities such as making your melee strikes stronger but you'll hardly be worrying about these apart from when you find your first one. The sky-hook system isn't that good either; while the controls are good when riding it there is hardly any use for them, every combat section can be beaten without them since death isn't much of a penalty in the game apart from losing money. Also the game sometimes doesn't realize that you want to ride them even when you're right underneath them looking up so then you're left jumping up and down like an idiot. Elizabeth's AI is helpful as she will help find stuff throughout the game from ammo to salts (for vigors) to health packs and money, she will never get harmed during combat which is a good thing as it keeps the game from becoming an escort mission were you'd be panicking about the enemies banzai rushing her as well as you. Elizabeth can also make tears at certain points in the game which will help you during combat, these tears in reality make more weapons show up and even machines that will help you by shooting at the enemies and distract them. Combat is typical shooter overall but can get dull and repetitive especially in one chapter that requires you to fight the same boss battle three times in a row.

Story: The story starts off very well and can be intriguing. However there is plenty of things wrong with it. I understand that the game is set in a time period where racism was accepted in the world however this subject matter isn't executed in a good way, it is seen in a complete good/bad manner with no middle ground at all and this becomes very noticeable by the middle act of the game. Even worse though without giving this arc in the story a proper resolution it is instead forgotten about for another story which involves Elizabeth's tears. This is when the story starts to fall apart because not only is there no sense of society falling apart there is now a story which soon becomes full of plot holes and cliche's which hardly makes any sense. Every character in this game is either unlikable, moronic or underdeveloped, Booker DeWitt isn't a character I enjoyed playing in fact I started to despise him more and more as the story progressed. Comstock is a contender for the lamest villain of all time and Songbird is hardly in the game at all. The only character that I did care for was Elizabeth which is a shame because it is her reality tears that cause most of the stories problems and with all of the plot-holes present it's hard to like her when you don't even know what the hell is going on. There are a couple of twins who show up and while they seem peculiar and funny at first I did just want to shoot them by the end of the game.

Graphics: The graphics are the best thing about the game, there is a crazy amount of detail to every location in the game with only a couple of dull corridors. Every character has a great amount of detail and emotion in all of their actions and the effects from the vigors look cool when they are used which is awesome.

Bioshock Infinite isn't the greatest the game of all time sadly which is a shame. Part of my disappointment comes from how different the product has became during the whole development. If you have watched any demos or trailers for the past 2 years and can't wait to use features or play moments that were shown in them. Then you will be just as disappointed as I am, virtually nothing from these demos happen and I feel rather cheated at the fact these never showed up in the final game especially when these demos claimed to be actual gameplay. For every good point about this game has there is always a dozen problems holding it back. If you are new to Bioshock I would greatly suggest you take a visit to Rapture in the first two games rather than join Columbia no matter how nice it looks up there.
  66. Sep 24, 2013
    Combat overkill ruined the story and any fun in exploring the world. Watch a few youtube playthroughs and you'll get the gist of what I'm saying as you hear the let's players noticably sigh as they enter yet another area/shooting gallery filled with goons and realise that ALL of them must be killed. When it comes to gameplay mechanics, subtlety is not this game's forte.

Shame because

Shame because the world and story seemed quite interesting.

Very over-hyped, overpraised and technically and mechanically lagging well behind many of today's AAA games.
  67. Jan 31, 2014
    It is no doubt this game does very well on gameplay with much more weapons, abilities and enemies than the first Bioshock. This does not only mean improvement in quantity but also in quality because All these more are well functioned so you can enjoy killing in various ways for more fun.

The trade off is the style changes a lot from the first Bioshock, which makes me a bit disappointed . This one is much more inclined to action adventure (yet still very firm-noir), while the first one is more psycho-horror.

Another thing the game does very well is that the artistic and layered environment is always changed in different chapters, thus sustaining you excitement and curiosity, while the story is very weak, which I almost didn't care about.

The most disappointing thing is that the introduction of psycho power of the heroine to bridge different worlds (Do you remember in the trailer where the heroine relives a horse and transfers an incoming train?) was the most anticipating aspect for me, but ends up with just some cheesy weapon transfer ability in the real game execution. It seems the dev has a good idea at first, and then just cannot figure out how to well integrate it into gameplay. Plus, even in the cutscene, the psycho power is never showed again if I still remember it.
  68. Jan 15, 2014
    Second one is better ! All i'm saying Second one is better ! All i'm saying Second one is better ! All i'm saying Second one is better ! All i'm saying Second one is better ! All i'm saying
  69. May 3, 2013
    It might be a little early to say but this might just be my game of the year, maybe even my game of the decade. It really is that good. It does exactly what a sequel should do, it expands upon what the previous game or games have offered and creates an experience that feels totally new, yet delightfully familiar. Once again Irrational Games has created a world that will suck you in. TheIt might be a little early to say but this might just be my game of the year, maybe even my game of the decade. It really is that good. It does exactly what a sequel should do, it expands upon what the previous game or games have offered and creates an experience that feels totally new, yet delightfully familiar. Once again Irrational Games has created a world that will suck you in. The narrative and setting both are near perfect and couldn't have been done better. You'll want to explore every nook and cranny of Columbia, and the game rewards you for doing so. Whether it's a voxophone recording or a power up exploring the local bar or store is always worth your time. The gameplay is fantastic, the excellent combination of gunplay and Vigors (aka Plasmids) makes for an extremely fun experience. I can't talk about this game without giving praise to the Elizabeth AI. From the moment I knew she would be with me I was worried that this game was going to turn out to be one long and irritating escort mission. Thankfully I couldn't have been more wrong, throughout the entire game I never once had to make sure Elizabeth was safe during a firefight. She's able to take care of herself and even helps you out during combat by giving you health and ammo when you're low. She also is able to "tears" which give you access to things like cover or turrets. I was glad that she was by my side when I was playing this game. BioShock Infinite is a rare kind of game, it hooks you right from the beginning and makes the FPS genre feel fresh again, and does it without multiplayer of any form. It makes you feel and is absolutely an essential purchase. Mix in the fact that the PS3 version of BioShock Infinite comes with a free downloadable copy of the original BioShock already installed on the disc and you have no reason not to go and pick this game up right now. That is unless you just hate having fun. Expand
  70. Jul 24, 2013
    Just have to pull the user score up. This game becomes fantastic, especially once you get to the ending. It may sound strange, but the ending make the game over all from well done, to "something we'll talk about in 10 years".
  71. Mar 11, 2014
    I beat this game awhile ago, I recently just tried getting some more trophies for it...
    One thing I always hated about the other Bio shock games is, die had no consequence as you would start 2 seconds from where you died in a vita chamber... This was is similar, however if you die in this one you lose money, which is essential to upgrading your stuff and other things.. I really liked that much more than the vita chambers. The graphics are nice, the sound is good. Now the story to this game was ok, for me it was very much too predictable, I knew what would happen before it happened, including the "twist" at the end. The game has a lot of hard work put into it, it was not done by a lazy team that is for sure, considering a lot of devs nowadays are cash grabs...However the gameplay itself, was nice at first but it became really boring. Sure swinging on skyhooks and jumping off and murdering people is cool and all, but it just gets boring...rather quickly... I also beat this game on the hardest difficulty and I will add that the hardest difficulty should of been normal mode.. The hardest difficulty option was not difficult at all, anyone could do it...Now at first I was worried the elizebeth would be annoying, but turns out you are happy to have her with yu, she will give you items when you are low and she doesn't get in the way , the did this right as I have seen many other games fail in AI co op.. I give the game an 8.
  72. Mar 26, 2015
    I was not really a fan of Bioshock before but I liked BioShock Infinite, I think that the addition of Elizabeth really makes the game more interesting. Also I liked the graphics and the environment. The story is great but a little confusing, they could have made it easier to follow.
  73. Jan 13, 2014
    The setting is amazing and rarely used, the combat is solid with the powers as an ideal addition but the heartpiece of Infinite is its story. Its complex and gets you emotionally.
  74. Nov 9, 2013
    Attention to details is unsurpassed in this game. Graphics are rich and beautiful. This game deserves 10 out of 10 in every category. I highly recommend this game.1
  75. Jun 16, 2013
    This game is amazing visually, the graphics and scenery of the city were wonderful. The story was quite interesting. I was hoping for more free roam to explore the city and ride the skylines however. Overall, a brilliant game.
  76. May 13, 2013
    First of all this is by no means a "Bioshock", this has nothing to do (but the game title) with previous Bioshock games. No little sisters, no big daddys, no rapture, etc. It has its fair similitudes but thats it.

Aside from that, I must say this game blowed me away the first hour of play (then I got used to its awesome ambient, graphics, sounds and freakingly great soundtrack).

Really good story, lots of action, the enemies and Elizabeth feel smart, plus the interaction of Elizabeth and the surrounding areas its something I have never seen before in a game, its just so damn good.

This game feels unique in terms of in game art, story and music. I do recommend this game, but not to anyone. This game its art and its worth every penny.

The downside, the game is really short, offers no consequences to your actions therefore, no multiple endings. Getting the missing trophies/achievements dictate its replay value since it offers nothing more for a 2nd or a 3rd playthrough.
  77. Nov 21, 2013
    I was hesitant on picking this game up at first. The game is a bit cartoonish, but for some reason it's super-violent. Very strange combination. But the story is fantastic and the characters play off of each other well. The game is very different from the original Bioshock, but it still feels like a Bioshock game.
  78. Jan 14, 2014
    I played this game as part of the Instant Game Collection available for free to Playstation Plus members.

Boring. Painfully dull. Takes forever to pick up speed and when it does, there's not much there. I feel like this game has been done before, only better. I don't understand this game's appeal or its universal critical acclaim. Even for free, I can't endure another moment. Sorry, I don't get it. I'll give a couple of points because it looks great, but that's all that's there for me.
  79. Sep 4, 2014
    Graphics: 9.5 Gameplay: 9.5 Fun: 10 Controls: 10 Ease to Learn: 9
    Story:10
    Length: 8.5
    Re-play: 8
    Audio: 10
    Bugs/Glitches: some but not noticeable most times
  80. Feb 23, 2014
    Hopefully the studio is closing and they'll never make another crappy COD clone ruining a franchise like this. From the original and excellent System Shock 1 and 2 and the very good Bioshock 1 then it was all downhill until this awful piece of software combining a very confusing story without any purpose with a Call of Duty play style. Avoid.
  81. Mar 10, 2014
    This was my first Bioshock game ever, so I cannot comment how good it is compared to the original... It's fine game, don't get me wrong and I've loved the world in a first hour or so, however - it's not that special. And it get's a bit repetitive after a while. You run, you'll notice tears, you know there is going to be a fight (with the same repetitive enemies over and over again)...This was my first Bioshock game ever, so I cannot comment how good it is compared to the original... It's fine game, don't get me wrong and I've loved the world in a first hour or so, however - it's not that special. And it get's a bit repetitive after a while. You run, you'll notice tears, you know there is going to be a fight (with the same repetitive enemies over and over again)...

Story is good, atmosfere is briliant - but I don't think it deserves 1010.
  82. Jan 31, 2014
    You might want to read explanations after playing the game. It left me barely grasping the connections, only partly satisfied by getting the main 'reveal', but wikis have helped me see the whole genius of the plot and concept. Never before this game have I played a game with such intricate logic, combined with such a deeply philosophical understanding of existence. Just take everyone'sYou might want to read explanations after playing the game. It left me barely grasping the connections, only partly satisfied by getting the main 'reveal', but wikis have helped me see the whole genius of the plot and concept. Never before this game have I played a game with such intricate logic, combined with such a deeply philosophical understanding of existence. Just take everyone's word for it, but be aware that you may not be smart enough to figure out the intricacies and see the full value on your own. The gameplay is solid BTW, fun fast-paced shooting, and interesting audio collectibles strewn throughout the virtual marvel that is Columbia. If it wasn't for the story, I wouldn't consider a second play-through. But man, it's now when it makes sense that I want to discover the game. One downside is that Elizabeth is mostly not used actively in the gameplay. That had more potential. Expand
  83. Apr 16, 2013
    Story, story, oh the story. Before starting Bioshock: Infinite i had played the first Bioshock only the start bits so coming back to Bioshock was a "gamble" for me. What got me to buy Infinite was its interesting and truly impressive presentation, graphics and the world of a flying city, called Columbia, is really well presented and first moments of the game you just spent taking in theStory, story, oh the story. Before starting Bioshock: Infinite i had played the first Bioshock only the start bits so coming back to Bioshock was a "gamble" for me. What got me to buy Infinite was its interesting and truly impressive presentation, graphics and the world of a flying city, called Columbia, is really well presented and first moments of the game you just spent taking in the scenery and the beauty. These moments are truly the best of the game, along with the depth of the world and story opening slowly for the player is really enjoyable and holds on to you until the end. It made me wonder and other genres could use these world and graphics, like adventure/puzzle games. Throughout the game the gameplay is very linear, making you follow a certain path almost like in a tunnel from start to finish, although at the start its enjoyable, again cause of the scenery and beauty of the world. As the FPS mechanics come in use i remembered why i slowly gave up playing the first Bioshock, as it felt more and more like a just another FPS shooter. In Bioshock Infinite this doesnt really change, FPS action controls the game, making you go in a tunnel and hurries you through the beautiful city of Columbia. At first you are alone with your weapons, you can carry only two at a time, as the game one by one introduces you to powers called "Vigors" which are supposted to help you through battle after battle, although some vigors are left without any good use with many players. The Bioshock FPS system probably works better with PC or players that are just used to FPS games but the aiming reacts really slowly controller analog stick, using powers requires thinking as different powers help to defeat certain enemies but cause of frustation to the uneasy and stressful enemies player might end up spamming just one power through the game from behind a corner or wall which you keep huggin through FPS scenes. And all of interraction happens with one controller button along with looting and reloading increasing frustation in there is need to reload mids of battle, close to a lootable body or interactable object, making it impossible to reload. Game does reload a weapon automatically when you run out of bullets in the clip though. As game progresses player receives a sidekick called Elizabeth, who is a key character for the story, as she helps you during FPS scenes, collecting ammunition, health and salt, which power the Vigors, for you at tight situations. Speaking of Elizabeth as a Character she is probably the most interesting and enjoyable one in the game with emotional scenes really keeping you playing to the end just to see what happens with her and the world around. Towards the end FPS scenes become repetitive and feel forced and the player might only be interested in the story after the halfway point of the game. Also some rushing with game development can be seen with basic glitches happening, mostly graphical, example walking on air or getting stuck on walls or furniture. The experience of the excellent, interesting story, great characters and the beautiful world of Columbia saves Bioshock Infinite alot and comes out with a recommendation and if a player is used to FPS games im sure the Bioshock FPS style doesnt disappoint, although the game isnt without flaws in gameplay. Expand
  84. Sep 1, 2013
    it's Perfect in quite a few ways, amazing characters, flawless visuals, great gameplay, great story & a beautiful world. i didn't play the first game, nor the second, played Infinite simply because a friend told me too, & i was blown away. the story & difficulty curves are prefect. yes the story is a bit complicated but that adds to the whole experience
  85. Jul 27, 2013
    I always thought that Metal Gear Solid 4 was the greatest game ever made for the PS3, a game that was perfection from beginning to end...then I played Bioshock Infinite...and now I am seriously forced to consider which game is better. Bioshock Infinite is an absolute masterpiece, a game without any flaws whatsoever!!! The gameplay is exciting, the characters are ones you actually want toI always thought that Metal Gear Solid 4 was the greatest game ever made for the PS3, a game that was perfection from beginning to end...then I played Bioshock Infinite...and now I am seriously forced to consider which game is better. Bioshock Infinite is an absolute masterpiece, a game without any flaws whatsoever!!! The gameplay is exciting, the characters are ones you actually want to root for, the city of Columbia is amazing, and everything ends in perhaps the GREATEST ENDING THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN IN A GAME!!!! I cannot stress enough how great this game is!! It is truly an innovative experience! Expand
  86. Oct 2, 2014
    A great FPS with a unique personality and awesome ideas. Different from Bioshock, ¿better?, I think that it is different, less dark. But the journey for Columbia is full of surprises and the possibility of travel with Elisabeth and the history is a very good point.
  87. Jul 9, 2013
    I'm not going to deny that this is a good game and a good experience, because it is both of those things. Bioshock Infinite has an astonishing story, and Ken Levine and the rest of Irrational Games should be credited for that. But the overwhelming acclaim for this game, hailing it as the best game of the year, is misguided. It's just an average first person shooter,with an extremelyI'm not going to deny that this is a good game and a good experience, because it is both of those things. Bioshock Infinite has an astonishing story, and Ken Levine and the rest of Irrational Games should be credited for that. But the overwhelming acclaim for this game, hailing it as the best game of the year, is misguided. It's just an average first person shooter,with an extremely above-average plot and collection of characters. There are a number of issues with this game. The mechanics are that of a rather average and somewhat chunky first person shooter, the shooting is mediocre at best, and it is overlong. IF you are in the mood for a great story with the game's mechanics not pulling it off in a very good way, then this is the game for you. Expand
  88. Jul 7, 2013
    I'm sorry this game just don't impress me very much. The graphics are exceptional and the sound is great but the story feels incomplete, the battles are generic, and its very easy to lose interest in everything after a few hours. your limited on guns, most of the vigors are worthless (imo) and it is all very linear. I give it a 7 because of graphics, controls, and sound. but my score isI'm sorry this game just don't impress me very much. The graphics are exceptional and the sound is great but the story feels incomplete, the battles are generic, and its very easy to lose interest in everything after a few hours. your limited on guns, most of the vigors are worthless (imo) and it is all very linear. I give it a 7 because of graphics, controls, and sound. but my score is not based on fun or fulfillment. This game is grossly overrated. Expand
  89. May 15, 2013
    This game was hyped up a lot both by the game industry and the internet. I was told that this game was similar to Bioshock 1, but the whole time I kept waiting for a bigger variety of enemies. Sadly, most of the enemies are just standard humans, combined with the Patriots and similar automatons and the rare Handyman. Other than that, the humans enemies are utterly boring. As previouslyThis game was hyped up a lot both by the game industry and the internet. I was told that this game was similar to Bioshock 1, but the whole time I kept waiting for a bigger variety of enemies. Sadly, most of the enemies are just standard humans, combined with the Patriots and similar automatons and the rare Handyman. Other than that, the humans enemies are utterly boring. As previously mentioned you do not need most of the vigors, and some even have very similar effects, which makes them seem like an afterthought. You will primarily use possession spoiler since most of the enemies are either groups of humans or automatons. However, the game is visually stunning and the story is one of the deepest I have come across in awhile, dealing with issues not normally tackled in the game industry; America's racist past, the morality of pre-WW2 capitalist society, the illusion of choice, and concepts of time and dimension. It can be a very heady game, and the ending is actually quite satisfying. There are several "wow" moments in the gameplay which makes up for the boring enemies and somewhat dumb AI, but it takes awhile and for the most part you are just in a early 20th century city. Also I found that this game immediately looked, felt, and played exactly like Dishonored, to the point where some of the first levels look like they could have been ripped directly, and the looting looks almost identical as well with food and other small power ups scattered all around on top of objects or tucked into corners. Some of the powers also seem ripped straight from Dishonored. This is not such a bad thing, as Dishonored is a great game and this does it one up with better visuals and story, but still if you played both you will notice an almost identical setting and a less stealth more FPS oriented gameplay. The game is not very hard either, I beat it in about 5 days, and since there is no multiplayer or online co-op I do not feel motivated to try and beat it again on hard or buy the season pass. I am giving this game an 8, but if you are not interested in a riveting story, great visuals, atmosphere, and only care about gameplay, then you should consider it more a 6.5 or 7 as at its core it is mostly just a loot-and-shoot FPS with powers. The weapons are also somewhat generic and mostly WW1 era weapons like pistols, carbines, machine guns, repeaters, shotguns, and so on with occasional futuristic variations like the heater or hand cannon. Like the vigors however, a lot of these weapons seem exactly the same and tacked on as an after though. The 2 gun system was OK with me, and seemed to work with the set and setting, as it makes you manage your ammo by dropping a stronger gun with little ammo for a found gun with full ammo, but my major gripe is that when you drop a gun in order to pick up a new one, you lose it after going to another room. This means if you are, for example, using a more powerful carbine against a horde of enemies and use up most of your ammo, and switch to an enemy dropped machine gun, you can not go back and pick up your carbine if you find an ammo cache or vending machine around a corner. Even worse, if you accidentally pick up a found weapon and put it back down, it is gone when you come back with more ammo. This does not add to the gameplay and seems like lazy programming.

However this game gets major bonus points for dealing with tough issues and providing one of the best stories I have seen in years. Showing the gilded era in all its negative light made it very powerful, and it is overall a very mature and heady game that plays as much like a movie or graphic novel as it does an FPS. I feel like this game could have done a lot more, however, definitely in gameplay, weapons, powers. and enemy development, and to some degree with using the setting better. Also I would have liked more done with the different tears you enter, as they are the source of much of the stunning visuals. The programmers dropped an opportunity to really let loose, and reading about the issues with the dev team, it seems like they just left a lot of things out after they had the story in place. I really wish you killed more baddies than WW1 era soldiers, cops, private security, and automaton robots. However the final battle on the air ship was really cool, and the zeppelin battles have the graphics you would expect from cutscenes as part of the gameplay.

Altogether, this is simply an average FPS-with-powers-loot-and-shoot with a story that goes above and beyond anything else in a long time. If you like atmospheric games with great writing and character development I actually felt emotionally connected to Elizabeth, something rare in games then pick it up used. However if you are looking for a game with deep gameplay, lots of different enemies, varied guns, powers, and power ups, then you may want to pass on this.
  90. Dec 8, 2013
    Loved it! A very unique FPS, the journey through Bioshock Infinte was epic there's a lot of action and i mean a lot! The graphics are very good though there are some strange blured textures i've encountered on both Ps3 and 360. The sound and the music is excellent the gameplay is fast and perfect. The story... ahh well the story is Bioshock Infinte's biggest strength and weakness or flawLoved it! A very unique FPS, the journey through Bioshock Infinte was epic there's a lot of action and i mean a lot! The graphics are very good though there are some strange blured textures i've encountered on both Ps3 and 360. The sound and the music is excellent the gameplay is fast and perfect. The story... ahh well the story is Bioshock Infinte's biggest strength and weakness or flaw whatever, while it's very engaging and it grabs you from the very beggining later on it gets very strange and hard to follow all that parallel universe crap got me so confused. in other words it's a mindf**k! Other than that the game is amazing and the campaign is very long for a fps definitelly a must buy! 9.6/10 Expand
  91. Aug 8, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a game that will stick to you long after you finish it. Irrational games has made a game that will never be forgotten. I believe that the goal of developers should not be to create a game to play, but a game worth experiencing. And that is exactly what Bioshock Infinite is. An experience.

FULL REVIEW AT: http://hapticzone.wordpress.com/
  92. May 27, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is great, but it's not perfect.

The gameplay is not always as tight as in other Triple A games, nor are the ideas expressed always as challenging or original as in many Indie games. But, rarely are challenging ideas brought up in a Triple A game they were in Bioshock, and they are again in Bioshock Infinite. This game has points of pure greatness that transcend
    Bioshock Infinite is great, but it's not perfect.

This game has points of pure greatness that transcend the overall goodness of the game; and if for no other reason, purchase and play this game so that you can experience a game which challenges your perception of morality, reality and the conventions of modern game design.

Rarely do games of this size present such introspection as to the medium, and criticisms of social norms.

Buy this game... would you kindly...
  93. Jun 8, 2013
    I thought it was overhyped. It was a good game but not great. You barely knew you were in the sky because many levels took place indoors or, if you were outdoors, didn't add to the game play. I thought the enemies got a little repetitive too. Other than these flaws, it was a good FPS. Bioshock was still better.
  94. Feb 9, 2014
    Another piece of art game for BioShock. Lovely story and enjoyable game play just like BioShock 1.
    I have no takes on the game except for the auto save points that I wished to be more frequent and after each fight.
    The story has an interesting twist. New elements added to it that made it that interesting. I loved the Sky-line ride and fights. I finished the game and now replaying it on
    I loved the Sky-line ride and fights.
    I finished the game and now replaying it on 1999 mode to get the platinum. Totally recommended if you don't have it. And it's great that you don't have to play any previous BioShock games. It's totally new set.
    But if you wish to just play BioShock 1. Skip 2 as it has nothing to add.
    Any case you need to play this one if you are FPS gameplay fan.
  95. Jul 6, 2013
    Loved the first two Bioshock games so when I purchased Infinite I had high expectations, and I was not let down. This game is a masterpiece, from the gameplay to the visual presentation to just plain bad assness.
  96. Mar 17, 2014
    The story in the game is confusing and half-baked, there is no chemistry in the characterisations, and the gameplay - that is, the shooting - is not fun at all, and is a slog to get through points A and B of the story. It has some nice art direction, but it also represents a lot of what is wrong with AAA titles.
  97. Jun 22, 2013
    This is a great game and a truly worthy successor to Bioshock 1. Great story, awesome world and the characters suck you into the game. The sound sticks out the most and really immerses you into your gameplay. The graphics are pretty good but doesn't compare to pc at all. This game is worth the money you pay for it.
  98. Aug 7, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite it's not just a great game. Most of all is a great story adapted with perfection to gaming. The characters are memorable and Elizabeth takes the prize of the most charismatic and the best AI sidekick of all time. The setting is to say the least epic. A city in the sky at the turn of the 19th century? Not even George Lucas would have thought of this (Or did he?). TheBioshock Infinite it's not just a great game. Most of all is a great story adapted with perfection to gaming. The characters are memorable and Elizabeth takes the prize of the most charismatic and the best AI sidekick of all time. The setting is to say the least epic. A city in the sky at the turn of the 19th century? Not even George Lucas would have thought of this (Or did he?). The gameplay is not innovative and i think that the tears could have had more to it than simple refills but these are minor problems since the story is so powerful that you just want to keep playing to see how it unfolds. Infinite shows that the Bioshock universe can also be one made of light without losing his identity. Expand
  99. Mar 28, 2013
    Go buy this game.
    I don't think you understand me here Go buy this game now Here's why I say this 1st off, Anything I say about this game could or would spoil the experience for anybody who hasn't played it. Secondly, The only thing I can say without ruining or potentially making the experience less powerful is that "This game is amazing" So, you should just go buy the game, play
    Go buy this game.
    I don't think you understand me here
    Go buy this game now
    Here's why I say this
    So, you should just go buy the game, play it, and love the heck out of it. Unless you are completely against violence or FPS games in general, you owe it to yourself to play this game.
    Once you have, then I wont need to tell you why you should play or buy it, cause you know exactly why: Quality
  100. Dec 22, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is a masterpiece in storytelling and one of the best games I have had the pleasure of playing. At its core lies a first-person shooter that plays out very well, with a great range of weapons, as well as "Vigors", which provide the player with special attacks and powers to combat enemies. Graphics are incredible, the somewhat cartoon-like art style and bright colour schemeBioShock Infinite is a masterpiece in storytelling and one of the best games I have had the pleasure of playing. At its core lies a first-person shooter that plays out very well, with a great range of weapons, as well as "Vigors", which provide the player with special attacks and powers to combat enemies. Graphics are incredible, the somewhat cartoon-like art style and bright colour scheme breathing life into the game's setting of Columbia a city floating among the clouds and giving it a distinct vibe that perfectly reflects the themes of the game. What most impressed me about this game, however, was its masterful storytelling and wonderful characters. I was hooked right from the get-go, and the way in which the characters had been orchestrated and the story that unfolded before me felt intense, enjoyable and, mostly, believable. The game's two protagonists, Booker DeWitt and Elizabeth, are exceptionally well done and work terrifically well together. I invested a lot in these two characters and was determined to see their story right to the end, and when it did end, oh boy. What a finale! I won't spoil it, but I can say I won't be forgetting it any time soon. Seriously, though, this is a game I would recommend to just about anyone, even if it does have a few flaws (but then, everything does). BioShock Infinite is not the most perfect game, but it comes damn close. Expand

1. May 27, 2013
    In an infinite universe, anything can happen, but in Infinite's, the specifics are what get you.
  2. Apr 23, 2013
    One of those rare games that speaks to the player on a personal, emotional level with a thought-provoking, mature storyline set in one of the most amazing worlds conceived in a game. Plus, it's a wonderful FPS with deep, tactical combat. Essential. [Issue#230, p.66]
  3. Multiple dimensions and a clever scenario with a surprise around every corner make it difficult for us to explain our enthusiasm without spoiling the story. Only the extended ghost chase (literally) halfway through the game drags on a bit too long. [April 2013, p.74]