BioShock Infinite PlayStation 3

8.5

1. Jun 26, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a masterpiece. It is a beautiful game with a great story that is going to draw you in and leave you thinking about the ending for a long time. Sometimes, it didn't even feel like a game rather a work of art. It is a perfect game and god bless you Ken Levine for your masterful storytelling, creativeness and imagination.
  2. Jun 25, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite has an amazing story, beautiful graphics and memorable characters but lacks in game play. It's not terrible its just nothing special. The Vigors are fun to use but some of them are under powered and so are some of the weapons. I recommend this game just for the story. Seriously the ending will blow you'er mind.
  3. Jun 24, 2013
    This game is one of favorite games of 2013.I loved every minute of it from the gameplay to the combat to the story,It was amazing! The story pulls you right in,and you actually car for Elizabeth.She is also not annoying. She does extremely helpful things such as giving you ammo,salts,and health. This game is truly great and deserves it glory
  4. Jun 23, 2013
    If you are a human being you should buy this game, period. I just recommend that you don't speed through the game because you might miss a lot of great details and foreshadowing in the game. You will end up loving Elizabeth, who is the best AI companion I've seen in a video game. If you like shooters, this is for you. The sky line and vigors add some variety to the combat while theIf you are a human being you should buy this game, period. I just recommend that you don't speed through the game because you might miss a lot of great details and foreshadowing in the game. You will end up loving Elizabeth, who is the best AI companion I've seen in a video game. If you like shooters, this is for you. The sky line and vigors add some variety to the combat while the excellent story will motivate you to push through. My one issue is with the graphics, which I expected to be much better. Things look a little too grainysometimes and it leaves you wanting more. But this is a minor gripe and you should definitely pick this game up. Expand
  5. Jun 22, 2013
    This is a great game and a truly worthy successor to Bioshock 1. Great story, awesome world and the characters suck you into the game. The sound sticks out the most and really immerses you into your gameplay. The graphics are pretty good but doesn't compare to pc at all. This game is worth the money you pay for it.
  6. Jun 22, 2013
    I've played many wonderful games in my youth. You know, when you are young and world is new and your friends are around and having fun everything is so much better.

I became software developer. As ages passed I've got lonelier. As I've become more experienced I've started to be numb to the new games. Yes, I saw colors in them and, sure, I bited. But to my sadness I felt no taste, no emotions. I felt I'm a keyboard&mouse operating machine that needs to execute to finish the game.

I though I'm getting old. Took me a while....

I've started Bioshock Infinite with usual: I've saved so many worlds before, this will be done in no time, just show me The Boss.

And then somewhere half way though the I felt that tingling sensation. I felt something! I felt the people who created this game saves many worlds as well. And this one is somehow different. I felt young and surprised by the world.

And when I passed the game ending I was just an ashamed and astonished kid that was lucky to touch the masterpiece made by of people truly order of magnitude wiser then him.
  7. Jun 20, 2013
    This game is pretty awesome! I am a huge fan of first person shooters. The skyline is something I have never seen in a video game. It was like going through a roller coaster. Controls were easy and adjustable. I liked this game because of the setting of a city in the sky, the graphics, textures, and the combat. Elizabeth was very helpful and not dead weight for me to look after. TheThis game is pretty awesome! I am a huge fan of first person shooters. The skyline is something I have never seen in a video game. It was like going through a roller coaster. Controls were easy and adjustable. I liked this game because of the setting of a city in the sky, the graphics, textures, and the combat. Elizabeth was very helpful and not dead weight for me to look after. The story was intriguing but I was a little disappointed by the ending because it was a little confusing until my second play through.

Bottom Line: Excellent Shooter, helpful AI, unique setting, with a cerebral ending
  8. Jun 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Doesn't use the vast opportunity of alternate dimensions to it's fullest. Core story is very shallow, despite seeming very intricate at first. Combat is non existent and Elizabeth is a very bad side character that seems to be there just to throw coins to you through walls. Expand
  9. Jun 20, 2013
    It took me nearly 3 months but I finally completed the 1999 mode after god knows how many deaths, and I still want to play it again. If your a gamer; especially for you Bioshock fans, stop reading this, and go get this game for your library. Doesn't matter how you get it, just go and get it. If your still not convinced, than let me break it down for you. Without spoilers, the story is notIt took me nearly 3 months but I finally completed the 1999 mode after god knows how many deaths, and I still want to play it again. If your a gamer; especially for you Bioshock fans, stop reading this, and go get this game for your library. Doesn't matter how you get it, just go and get it. If your still not convinced, than let me break it down for you. Without spoilers, the story is not cliched nor predictable, starting out as a damsel in distress rescue mission set between the late 1800s to early 1900s in a civilization in the sky called Columbia, but ends with the fall of Columbia, the discovery of self-identity and destiny, reuniting with a forgotten loved one, and parallel universe hopping. With themes of nature vs nurture, racism, religious satire, racial and social factions, steam punk, and time traveling. Nothing regarding the conflicts in this story is easily interpreted nor predicted, proving that everything has two sides to them, just like a coin. Interesting character back stories and Columbia history For graphics, the colors and the lighting and level and character designs are awesome. The atmosphere that the environment gives off can be either colorful, breathe taking, thrilling, majestic to dark, cold and suspenseful. The combat is fun and exhilarating because it forces you to think on your feet and plan ahead/create strategies instead of going in guns blazing or spray and pray. Your companion is actually helpful and not a chore. You don't need to babysit/look after/worry about the companion. She won't get in your way when fighting; she throws you ammo, money, health and salt(vigor/mana) potions; unlock certain locks; track and point out pick ups; and she CREATE/SPAWN health and salt pick ups, weapon and ammo pick ups, covers, distractions, ledges and hooks to jump off of, and robotic turrets/flying security drones/Mini-gun wielding George Washington robots to fight for you. (+)RPG elements like different clothes with different effects, weapon & power upgrades, and permanent health/shield/power increases. (-)Not only will the game feel short compared to the first two Bioshock games but the ending is not as fulfilling as the first Bioshock ending. (-)Rise and dip in difficulty on specific stages/levels (-)Multiple head-shots needed to kill enemies on harder difficulties (especially on 1999 mode) (-)Specific weapons, powers and clothing become useless once you create the combination of weapons, powers and clothing you find most efficient & effective. (-)You lose money if you die; I'll let you decide how that's a bad thing. Expand
  10. Jun 19, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite, for all intents and purposes is a game that delivers. Elizabeth is a lovable companion, and surprisingly for once, it doesn’t feel like an escort mission. Rather a companion that helps you out when you most need it. The setting and graphics are nothing short of breathtaking. Everywhere you look there is something interesting to look at; it makes you slow down and take aBioshock Infinite, for all intents and purposes is a game that delivers. Elizabeth is a lovable companion, and surprisingly for once, it doesn’t feel like an escort mission. Rather a companion that helps you out when you most need it. The setting and graphics are nothing short of breathtaking. Everywhere you look there is something interesting to look at; it makes you slow down and take a good look before progressing. There is also no feeling of repetitiveness, the game offers quite a bit level design and variety.
    Game flaws would include the fact that you can only carry two weapons at a time, but other than that, there’s really nothing more that can be thought of.
    Bioshock Infinite is a game that will immerse you to the very end. This is a game that instantly hooks you into its world the moment you hit start, and doesn’t let you go until days after you finally get over that ending. It’s that good.
  11. Jun 19, 2013
    This game is one of the most original I've ever played and the series is already in my "Top 10 video games series". It's hard to explain this game by words. It has so much emotions, great story, great characters (specially Elisabeth). Playing in that background was amazing and the enemies where challenging and strong and you needed a lot of variety of attacks to pass it on hard. TheThis game is one of the most original I've ever played and the series is already in my "Top 10 video games series". It's hard to explain this game by words. It has so much emotions, great story, great characters (specially Elisabeth). Playing in that background was amazing and the enemies where challenging and strong and you needed a lot of variety of attacks to pass it on hard. The plasmids aren't that useful that they where in the previous games but surely are useful and will save you a lot. This third game is the one you need more strategy because it doesn't have save points and you lose money when you die, money that you need to buy upgrades. Apart for the excellent gameplay you have a beautiful story and one of the most difficult to understand at the end but with a bit of attention you will get it. So what i meant to say was: this game is beautiful, has great characters, brilliant gameplay, great improvement for the series, good enemies and great music. This and the first Bioshock are tied in my favorites of the series.
    And by the way, the Songbrid was so brilliant and looked so good!
  12. Jun 19, 2013
    I love the game, the shooting mechanics are superb. The level design is really creative and fantastic. The best thing about this game was Elizabeth. She is one of the best companions in video gaming history.
  13. Jun 17, 2013
    "Just because a city flies doesn't mean it don't have it's share of fools." Let Me say I enjoyed this game a lot. I loved the dynamic between Booker and Elizabeth. I absolutely loved watching Columbia crumble around Them as the Comstock faithful fought with the Vox populi. The graphics are not that great, but when You consider the scope of this whole city existing and floating and swaying"Just because a city flies doesn't mean it don't have it's share of fools." Let Me say I enjoyed this game a lot. I loved the dynamic between Booker and Elizabeth. I absolutely loved watching Columbia crumble around Them as the Comstock faithful fought with the Vox populi. The graphics are not that great, but when You consider the scope of this whole city existing and floating and swaying in the wind while leaves fall from the trees and people populate the streets conversing it's easy to forgive any minor flaws You could nitpick from the presentation. The gameplay is light and pretty good actually I loved the vigors You get to take advantage of and the weapons provided. I'd have to say thee most fascinating facet of this game is the presence of the Lutece siblings. All of their dialogue is smart, witty, amusing, and thought provoking. overall a wonderful game if not a tad bit overrated. Expand
  14. Jun 17, 2013
    good game
    A good game but during the attachment in their tracks same mistakes !
    Repeat many in the murder or duplicate the style of play
    Boring sometimes
    Fees are very good
    Very beautiful colors
    The story related to blasphemy and acute
  15. Jun 16, 2013
    This game is amazing visually, the graphics and scenery of the city were wonderful. The story was quite interesting. I was hoping for more free roam to explore the city and ride the skylines however. Overall, a brilliant game.
  16. Jun 14, 2013
    Well to preface this review, I have never finished the first Bioshock and haven't even played (although I have access to it through Playstation Plus) the second game. I have tried on several occasions to finish the first one but it never grabbed me enough to keep me going through. Fortunately not playing the first two games did not diminish my enjoyment of this one. Although I will sayWell to preface this review, I have never finished the first Bioshock and haven't even played (although I have access to it through Playstation Plus) the second game. I have tried on several occasions to finish the first one but it never grabbed me enough to keep me going through. Fortunately not playing the first two games did not diminish my enjoyment of this one. Although I will say that having played through the opening sequence of the first game did provide me with a great "aha!" moment in Infinite.

The second caveat to this review is that this is a game I would typically have played on my PC as that is where I play most of my shooters, or any game that is available there for that matter. However Infinite fit into the style of game that my wife enjoys watching me play so I picked it up on PS3 so it would be a "couch game" that I only played when we sat down together. So I went in expecting to miss my mouse and keyboard...

So onto my actual thoughts on the game:

Graphics
    The game looks beautiful, but I can't say that I'm surprised. For whatever the reason may be that I didn't finish the first game it wasn't the look of it as I really enjoy the visual styling of this series. The sense of place and the atmosphere they are creating comes through extremely well in the graphical style. Character models are easily identifiable and have personality. The lighting, contrast, and color palette all serve the greater purpose of drawing you into the world of Columbia. And the empathy I had for Elizabeth was aided greatly by the attention to detail in her model and the emotion she was able to convey through her animation. I must add though that they could have toned down the sexualization of her model as it wasn't necessary.

Gameplay
    Well here is where I thought the game might fall short, if only because of my own failings. As I said I am primarily a PC gamer and whether it is my age or too many years of doing it with a mouse and keyboard...my ability to play FPS style games on a gamepad quite frankly sucks. However I really didn't find myself struggling as I thought I might. There seemed to be enough forgiveness in the shooting that I managed quite handily. Keep in mind I played on normal difficulty as well. This was probably helped by the vigors which didn't necessarily require pinpoint accuracy.

On the subject of vigors, I largely ignored most of them and kept to the two I had gotten used to without really trying the rest too much. By the end I felt that maybe this was a weakness in the game, but I went and watched several other gameplay videos after the fact and everybody was doing mostly the same except they had chosen different ones thinking they had found the perfect pairing. That right there got me excited to maybe go through the game again trying different methods.

I will say though that I was disappointed in the decision to limit the gamer to two weapons. I never felt I had all of the right tools for the job and wish I was allowed three. I went through most of the game with a close in weapon (in my case a burstgun) and a sniper rifle. I wished I had a third slot for a heavy weapon such as an RPG.

For my skill level, normal difficulty was about perfect. I steadily progressed and I can only recall one time where I was actually frustrated as I failed a segment three times before I was able to get it right. And there was one point in the game where I didn't know where to go next and the guide arrow wasn't helping... But over the course of many hours one section that didn't quite hit and one where I got lost is more than understandable.

Story
    Here is where the rubber meets the road in a game such as this and it did not disappoint at all. I was engaged with seeing it through to the end the entire way through and loved how things wrapped up. As the tale reached a fever pitch I found myself so emotionally invested I believe I forgot to blink for a period of time...yup, that's why my eyes looked all watery, they were trying to hydrate...

I will say that I wish I had played the game in a more compact and quicker way to fully appreciate the story that was told as in the end there were some points I missed that I feel if I had played in a more condensed fashion I would have gotten. Plus there was some side stuff that didn't seem necessary or fully fleshed out, but the main story, the story of Booker and Elizabeth, was more than enough to carry this game.

Conclusion
    In the end this game reminded me about what I love most about gaming and why as a 40 year old man I continue to use it as my form of relaxation. Engaging storytelling coupled with fun gameplay. I play so many games I rarely finish most of them, but this is one I had to see to the finish.
  17. Jun 14, 2013
    Infinite has the potential to be the GOTY.
    It has a compelling story,Awesome atmosphere it almost makes you wanna live there.
    and great gameplay and tons of replay value.
    It's a great addition to the FPS genre and i suggest that you buy it!!
    because that money will be well spent even though you're not a fan of FPS's you will definitely enjoy BIOSHOCK INFINITE!!
  18. Jun 12, 2013
    It is obvious a GoTY contender and most people who hate it are mainly just hipster jumping on the bandwagon because all they play are indie games.
  19. Jun 11, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite contains everything a game should have; good gameplay, a great story, admirable characters- this game got it all. Hyped up since the announcing of it, Bioshock Infinite was surely in for a ride. I preordered a copy and waited. Finally, the game was starting up. The gameplay was amazing. They clearly fixed the shooting problems that was from the first game, and added a lotBioshock Infinite contains everything a game should have; good gameplay, a great story, admirable characters- this game got it all. Hyped up since the announcing of it, Bioshock Infinite was surely in for a ride. I preordered a copy and waited. Finally, the game was starting up. The gameplay was amazing. They clearly fixed the shooting problems that was from the first game, and added a lot more weapons. The story was mind-blowing, and there is a HUUUUGEE twist that comes out of this. You become attached to the characters with the snap of your finger, and you meet many more along the way. The voice acting is incredible, ranging from teary song lyrics sung by Elizabeth to heart-breaking tales told by Booker. I highly recommend this game- and if you played the first two games like I did, you will like it ever more. Expand
  20. Jun 11, 2013
    stunning don't hesitate buy it brilliant story best looking game i played in awhile and gore galore. this game is the best in the series by far also has a few mini games built in which can be fun ~P
  21. Jun 10, 2013
    The Bioshock franchise has always been praised and loved for its epic settings,excellent storytelling and groundbreaking gameplay.Bioshock Infinite takes that old and great formula and cranks it up in the best aspects.Bioshock Infinite takes place in the gorgeous city of Columbia following a quest by a man named Booker Dewitt trying to find a girl named Elizabeth to repay a debt.I knowThe Bioshock franchise has always been praised and loved for its epic settings,excellent storytelling and groundbreaking gameplay.Bioshock Infinite takes that old and great formula and cranks it up in the best aspects.Bioshock Infinite takes place in the gorgeous city of Columbia following a quest by a man named Booker Dewitt trying to find a girl named Elizabeth to repay a debt.I know what you are thinking,a game about a flying city,that the protagonist is trying to escape from with his/her companion while using a big arsenal of guns and skyhooks has already been done before (take Ratchet and Clank).Dont be fooled,Bioshock Infinite is one of the most original and best story driven games out there.any talk saying that this game is overated,stupid,etc,etc.thats just well.....****.ALTHOUGH im not saying this is a perfect game,any gameplay/walkthrough you have seen has shown this game's magesticly beautiful graphics in which i kid you not,i played this game like if it were a movie trying to walk as slow as possible while enjoying the beautiful detailing and......AMBIENCE of it all.If games like Journey or Flower,hooked you and favored it for its visuals then i URGE you to get Infinite KNOW.but know the last aspect you might want to know about....the gameplay.Personally........I really am not fond of the gameplay,i am not saying its bad its just that........like all Bioshocks,the whole game feels like you are just shooting some cardboard enemies in a cakewalk difficult game.The Plasmid feature of the first games including this one know called vigors was a fantastic experience and also know with the addition of the skyhook,it is even more fun BUT the combat it self is stiff and feels way too un-rewarding when you actually get to kill someone,although it still is fun bashing dudes in the face with skyhooks and bullets while swarming them with crows.As in the difficulty,its hard (when played on hard).the game has a fantastic/beautiful soundtrack and although it is a day-short game,IT HAS (no pun intended) INFINITE REPLAY VALUE.The biggest downside of the game for me besides the combat for me is that the fact that thesongbird character is under developed for how awesome he is.So on conclusion,Bioshock Infinite is a masterpiece experience that could only be experienced by playing it.It may not be industry changing game people proclaim it to be but,i still oblige you to buy it or atleast DEFINETLY rent it.Btw I THINK RAPTURE IS WAY BETTER THAN COLUMBIA. Expand
  22. Jun 10, 2013
    The feel of the game is what was incredible for me. The developers did such a nice job bringing you into a 1912 Sci-Fy World. I was completely indulged in the story and felt as if I was actually Detective Booker running around with guns and throwing magical grenades, trying to get from point A to point B.

Which was my only problem, getting to point A to point B was sometimes a chore for me. At times I felt like I just wanted the combat to stop so I could get to my next objective. On the other hand, I can agree with all the hype and high review scores because this game achieved some of the most important aspects us gamers look for, and thats to fully wallow ourselves into the game.
  23. Jun 9, 2013
    Firstly I'd like to state that I haven't played the original Bioshock games, which is why this game was a 9 rather than an 8. I say that because the ending was amazing to me, shocking and I didn't expect it. If i played the original, I would have prepared myself for some sort of plot twist, but then again I even heard the players of the original games were pretty surprised and shocked too,Firstly I'd like to state that I haven't played the original Bioshock games, which is why this game was a 9 rather than an 8. I say that because the ending was amazing to me, shocking and I didn't expect it. If i played the original, I would have prepared myself for some sort of plot twist, but then again I even heard the players of the original games were pretty surprised and shocked too, so although they was expecting some sort of twist, 2K games managed to please both older and newer players to Bioshock. And unlike most people, I actually preferred that ending, to what others might have wanted. And although it was disappointing to an extent, I still couldn't wait to replay the game anyway.

To the game. The story isn't what makes this game, it certainly drives it, but it was fun to play! The gameplay was fluent, a little crazy at times, but luckily the skyline gets you away from danger whilst zipping around, getting ready for another attack. It manages to get you involved with not just 'if you can defeat the enemies', but also 'how to defeat the enemies'. And although many people say that the AI isn't really hard, that is true, sometimes there's a few parts where you think 'was that it?' But believe me is does get harder at times, especially in the last hour or 2.

It's beautiful to look at and I wish you could've explored Columbia more at the beginning, but it gives you enough exploration throughout the game to satisfy the eyes anyway. I mean even when Columbia takes a turn for the worse, it still looks amazing. And talking of exploration, it DOES gives you enough freedom. I've heard that 'there isn't enough freedom in the game', 'you can go here, but not there' and that 'you should be able to go into every building'. For what? A few extra coins? (Which Elizabeth kindly finds occasionally throughout the game for you anyway) No, you don't need that sort of freedom, there's enough for you to look at, enough buildings to go into and although it can be linear at times it still doesn't force you to not explore.

Weapons in the game are alright, but don't waste your money upgrading them. Me personally, I found that whatever weapon I had would run out of ammo quickly. And I stupidly upgraded the pistol early on (Thinking cheap and cheerful) But I quickly found myself struggling to find ammo for it, and in the end I had to get rid of it for what the AI was using at the time. Upgrades for weapons in this game is pointless anyway. Even when you max out a weapon, it feels no different, you'll just find yourself picking up another weapon through sheer panic when bombarded with enemies. But that's not to say it's bad, there's a good choice of weapons, and upgrading them isn't necessary (But that's my opinion) I would rather upgrade the Vigors.

Vigors are these drinks which you find throughout the game and these drinks give you different types of abilities. Yeah, kind of like magic in a bottle. And they range really well, players of the original game I've heard were disappointed with the range, but for new players like me, I enjoyed using the Vigors, a lot. Even though there's 8 different types of Vigors, with great variety, you'll find yourself using 2 or 3 that you'll use and not the rest. But you'll be working your fighting style around them for sure, you can toss a group of enemies in the air whilst you can either run to safety to find health kits, or just shoot them whilst there floating. You can even absorb the enemies bullets and then fling it back at them to blow them and nearby enemies away, whilst saving your own bullets. Or you can even charge at them with your skyhook, killing them quickly and swiftly. There's a lot of choice and the upgrades for them are useful too, sometimes necessary. Would you want to upgrade a Vigor so that you can turn a human enemy to be on your side for a short time, and then see them kill themselves because they can't live with what they've just done, YES! So in my opinion, upgrading the Vigors over weapons is what I'll be doing in the next playthrough.

Negatives. Well you can say this isn't a HUGE leap forward in gaming, it was a good story with good gameplay. The 2 weapon slots was a terrible idea, annoying at times when they both run out of ammo, it almost forces you to use the AI weapons or to use the Vigors. The boss battle dragged on too long, the last level was ridiculously hard, you end up running around for salts to refill your Vigors or ammo for the weapons. You find these voxaphones throughout the game, which give you good and interesting information about the main story and other great little stories, but you struggle to find most of them. One of my friends told me something what happened in the game and I had no idea that happened. Good idea but I got bored looking for them. Which can also be said about the kinetoscopes, like an early form of TV, I got bored looking for them too.

But I really enjoyed it, I would certainly recommend it. GOTY? Maybe, we'll see!
  24. Jun 9, 2013
    Best game!

I loved the first bioshock and this one, although realllly different, is still just as on par in terms of plot, gameplay, soundtrack etc. some of the voice acting can be annoying but that's just because i'm bipolar and everything is annoying when i'm manic. (anyway). anyway.
  25. Jun 9, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is a great example of how delaying a game for more development time isn't a bad idea at all. This allowed Irrational Games to make an absolutely beautiful experience full of great characters and good gameplay paired with an amazing story. Booker's and Elizabeth's characters are brought together by not only the great writing, but also awesome voice acting by veteran voiceBioShock Infinite is a great example of how delaying a game for more development time isn't a bad idea at all. This allowed Irrational Games to make an absolutely beautiful experience full of great characters and good gameplay paired with an amazing story. Booker's and Elizabeth's characters are brought together by not only the great writing, but also awesome voice acting by veteran voice actor Troy Baker and Courtnee Draper.

The game is set in 1912, during the American exceptionalism and has you play as Booker DeWitt, a former Pinkerton agent who is sent to the floating city of Columbia to rescue a young woman named Elizabeth and bring her back to his employers in New York City. Soon after his arrival in the city above the coast of Maine, he finds that this slice of heaven in the skies is in a state of decay with two different factions battling for the future of Columbia, one side trying to keep the city as pure as possible and the other, called Vox Populi, acting as a group of rebels trying to fight for civil rights for all. This internal conflict sends Booker and Elizabeth flying through the middle of it all, on their way down to the ground and back to New York.

The fictional floating city is bright and vivid in colour and is just generally a sight for sore eyes, although it is hiding some dark secrets. This is good, because BioShock Infinite forces you to loot and scavenge for ammo, money and salts that power your vigors. Elizabeth will often find these things and will then toss them to you in an attempt to help you during your time of need. In general, Elizabeth is one of the best characters in video gaming. She is well written and her character model is superb, as is her AI. She will always take cover from incoming fire, although the enemies will never go after her. Irrational has done all they can to make Infinite not just a long escort mission which shows, as you never feel like you have to care for Elizabeth. She can take care of herself, which is good.

All in all, BioShock Infinite is a stunningly beautiful experience, but it has its flaws as most games do. You can and should pick it up for the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.
  26. Jun 8, 2013
    I thought it was overhyped. It was a good game but not great. You barely knew you were in the sky because many levels took place indoors or, if you were outdoors, didn't add to the game play. I thought the enemies got a little repetitive too. Other than these flaws, it was a good FPS. Bioshock was still better.
  27. Jun 6, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite may have one of the best stories I have heard, in movies and games. The character of Elizabeth is captivating and masterfully written, the city of Columbia is as fully realised as Rapture was & the twists and turns are genious. The graphics aren't the best we've seen but the gorgeous art design completely saves it. The voice acting is top class and completely believable.Bioshock Infinite may have one of the best stories I have heard, in movies and games. The character of Elizabeth is captivating and masterfully written, the city of Columbia is as fully realised as Rapture was & the twists and turns are genious. The graphics aren't the best we've seen but the gorgeous art design completely saves it. The voice acting is top class and completely believable. I loved Bioshock Infinite so much, but I can't give it a perfect score due to it's only average gameplay mechanics. I felt that the original Bioshock suffered from this as well but not as much because it's more random encounters of enemies then waves of them, which Bioshock Infinite has, but I still had fun with the game at times, and it never took me out of the story at any time. I played Bioshock Infinite a month or two ago and I'm still thinking about the story and it's ending, which I'd like to say is one of the most satisfying endings I have ever come across. Ken Levine, you are a genius. Expand
  28. Jun 5, 2013
    Where do I really start? do I outline the beautiful backdrops and atmosphere, or rant about the marvelous use of of powers?(vigors). I like to address the cons first before I dive into the meat of the game, unfortunately, the meat in this case is somewhat gimmicky and bitter tasting. More specifically, the rail system. Now don't get me wrong; its an innovative take on a shooter that neededWhere do I really start? do I outline the beautiful backdrops and atmosphere, or rant about the marvelous use of of powers?(vigors). I like to address the cons first before I dive into the meat of the game, unfortunately, the meat in this case is somewhat gimmicky and bitter tasting. More specifically, the rail system. Now don't get me wrong; its an innovative take on a shooter that needed that extra push, but after about 5 hours in, you realize that its more amusing to actually fight head on with the vigors than to utilize the hook system.

Now this is a double sided sword, while the system is something the series needed (a new mechanic) it suffers from being too far and grossly in between. When provided to the player the rails are quick "get away" tools and add tons of variety to simple run and gun tactics. In large areas surrounded by enemies is where the system works, so why they give you small clunky areas to operate in, is beyond me.

One quickly learns that the most fun part about the rails is the one hit deaths, which can be utilized indefinitely, so for you fans of Batman, this feature alone will bring back memories. Control wise, using the hook system is easy to jump into, nothing is complicated when it comes to using the hook, and taking in all the visual from the game while riding the rails is truly majestic; However as mentioned, combat wise, its a gimmick at best, but a gimmick that doesn't wear thin.

Onto the gameplay; its solid, its more than solid, its damn near perfect. Fans of both Bioshocks will fall right in, and newcomers will find it easy to pick apart any group of enemies with precision and glorious carnage. A major take on the previous powers, are the vigors; want to see your enemy burn into a cinder? how about command crows to tear flesh from those that oppose you? It's here, its visceral, and above all, its fun. All powers now come with a trap version that makes each and every power unique and extremely versatile.

This is where the game really shines, simply because of the subjectivity of the player(s), some people may not like fire (as rare as that may seem) others, may prefer to stop their enemies in their tracks and create a shooting gallery for themselves, nothing is off limits, and how you end a battle, can and usually is; completely different than how it began. This is mainly due to the fact that certain powers can be "combined" by using them after another; for example; using the crow summon on someone who's already on fire, will breed flame crows, a delicious little reward for those wanting to experiment, and that alone is reason enough to play the game.

The story is as most expected, beautiful, its carefully written, and easily immerses the player with accents, strong dialogues and unforgiving tones. This of course is expected if you played the last two games. Nothing in Bioshock is subtle, its in your face, and shouts to be heard, seen and even tasted.

The visuals of course are on par with the stunning beauty of the likes of Skyrim, the atmosphere is spot on, and most of the time you'll be taking pauses to just look around and take it all in, even the sounds keep you wanting to play the game even if you only have a few seconds to spare.

Bioshock Infinite is gold coated in honey and wrapped in bacon; its everything you want from the series, and more, the only reason it isn't a 10 in my eyes, is simply because the use of the rail system is a tad gimmicky at times, and the final "fight" was far too typical and one dimensional.
  29. Jun 5, 2013
    I was scared that all the hype would build my expectations up to the point where the game couldn't meet them, but it didn't. This game was fantastic. The last hour or so of the game throws alot at you at once, and for alot of people it will be hard to understand. If you do manage to grasp the concepts, however, you might want to lay a pillow out on the floor for when your jaw hits it.
  30. Jun 4, 2013
    First off, I have to say that the ending *SPOILERS* was great and the way it worked by rear-ending itself killing the loop of DeWitt turning into Comstock was brilliant, but I think the gameplay shone through more for me than just the ending.

The Skyrail system was AWESOME, the vigors/gear were a welcome addition (especially the gear, go the 70% Electric Melee 3 x Melee reach FTW!!) Melee was an integral part of my combat rotation, and it felt so clean and natural it's hard to put into words how good it felt raining death from above, charging, melee then shotgunning (very Mass Effect Vanguard-esque).

Overall I give it a 9.5 out of 10 would have got a full 10/10 if it was a tad' longer.. but 10 hours is pretty good none-the-less.

Pretty Good!
  31. Jun 4, 2013
    Its just a GREAT game. I cant even describe it. Its just so much fun to play and the story is great. It is just so much fun to play and after i write this review im going to play it. So its a VERY great game.
  32. Jun 4, 2013
    I don't think much needs to be said about this game. It is amazing, the guns are exciting, the powers are new and innovative, the storyline has a gripping hold on you as you're thrown around the room being twisted from all the plot devices. You have a beautiful companion who aids you in your adventures. Even the enemies are fun. Buy this game, it is fantastic, you won't have wasted yourI don't think much needs to be said about this game. It is amazing, the guns are exciting, the powers are new and innovative, the storyline has a gripping hold on you as you're thrown around the room being twisted from all the plot devices. You have a beautiful companion who aids you in your adventures. Even the enemies are fun. Buy this game, it is fantastic, you won't have wasted your money, it's one of the few games that's actually worth the £40.

I can't help thinking Bioshock 1 was better though. still deserves a strong 10 nonetheless
  33. Jun 2, 2013
    In a word...Amazing! The game is a little short (which is why I had to deduct a point), but overall I was very satisfied. The game play is great, but the story is what I came for and it did not disappoint. I do not want to give any spoilers, but it was an amazing experience and I highly recommend the game to anyone that likes to play games!!
  34. Jun 2, 2013
    It's a very solid title, with great visuals and sound (I loved the Skyhook!) However, I can't help but be slightly cynical. The game seems progressive at first but sinks into a rehash of the original Bioshock games as a linear shooter. How great this would have been as a free-roaming game, perhaps some puzzles, and some kind of NPC social element. Also, not to mention I spent a lot of timeIt's a very solid title, with great visuals and sound (I loved the Skyhook!) However, I can't help but be slightly cynical. The game seems progressive at first but sinks into a rehash of the original Bioshock games as a linear shooter. How great this would have been as a free-roaming game, perhaps some puzzles, and some kind of NPC social element. Also, not to mention I spent a lot of time digging through trashcans and dresser drawers for food & cash. Still a great game with a VERY intriguing and original story. I'm anxious to see what the DLC season pass has to offer. Expand
  35. Jun 1, 2013
    Let me just say, this is not only one of, if not the best, written video game of all time, this is one of the most well written THING... as in Everything, of all time. I've never read a book with this good of a story. I've never watched a movie with this good of a story. I've never read a comic book with this good of a story, nor poem, nor song, nor play. It had me close to tears by theLet me just say, this is not only one of, if not the best, written video game of all time, this is one of the most well written THING... as in Everything, of all time. I've never read a book with this good of a story. I've never watched a movie with this good of a story. I've never read a comic book with this good of a story, nor poem, nor song, nor play. It had me close to tears by the end. It taps into the hidden potentials of video games as an artistic medium to make one of the greatest games of this generation. Expand
  36. May 28, 2013
    One of the best storyteller game i have ever played. Lots of Easter eggs with story connection, amazing graphics, sounds, and graphic interface. great soundtrack too.
  37. May 27, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is great, but it's not perfect.

The gameplay is not always as tight as in other Triple A games, nor are the ideas expressed always as challenging or original as in many Indie games. But, rarely are challenging ideas brought up in a Triple A game they were in Bioshock, and they are again in Bioshock Infinite. This game has points of pure greatness that transcend
    Bioshock Infinite is great, but it's not perfect.

This game has points of pure greatness that transcend the overall goodness of the game; and if for no other reason, purchase and play this game so that you can experience a game which challenges your perception of morality, reality and the conventions of modern game design.

Rarely do games of this size present such introspection as to the medium, and criticisms of social norms.

Buy this game... would you kindly...
  38. May 23, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is THE best FPS shooter since Goldeneye 007 and Perfect Dark on the N64. Not only does this instalment of the Bioshock franchise feel like an old school styled game but it also has that same feeling that I've been missing dearly since I last played those games.

The Halo games lacked the sensational feeling of the two great shooters on the N64. In fact, most games lately have deviated in terrible ways. FPSs have become Call of Duty knock offs, even though call of Duty ripped everything in the franchise from pre-existing franchises also. Bioshock Infinite has finally come out at a time where video games in general have been disappointing lately, especially in light of big-name titles, like Halo 4 from last year.

Bioshock Infinite is just a wildly good time with your console. You'll be sleeping in late because of how good the game is. I was a victim of staying up for hours playing this masterpiece to death. It's a game that's more than a franchise game: it's art. The environment of the game is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen, and we all know how pixels can make potentially beautiful things turn ugly. Thankfully, this is not the case here.

I can't recommend this game highly enough. If you're just going to get ONE game this year, THIS IS THE GAME TO TAKE HOME!

I give Bioshock Infinite 5/5 stars. One of my new all-time favourite video games.
  39. May 20, 2013
    I always knew that reviewing BioShock Infinite would be a challenge.
    Normally, I’d follow the usual formula, talking about the game’s high points and low points, and slapping a score on the bottom.
    I always knew that reviewing BioShock Infinite would be a challenge.
    But BioShock Infinite isn’t formulaic. Here’s a game that in two weeks has already prompted more smart commentary than most games will ever see. It has a reputation for being that kind of game–the one you approach intellectually, despite its grisly facade of smashed skulls, burnt bodies and cartoonish gore. The same was true with the original BioShock, and with the spiritually-related System Shock series before that. BioShock Infinite wants you to have your mindless fun, but it also wants you to ponder.When evaluated on traditional grounds, Bioshock Infinite isn’t perfect. As with the previous BioShock games, it requires far too much resource scavenging from dead bodies and abandoned cabinets. It has strayed farther from the role-playing roots of its spiritual ancestor, System Shock, and combat feels too constrained as a result. Some of the game’s early ideas, like prolonged boss encounters and story-altering decisions, seemed to be abandoned partway through. None of that stopped me from being sucked into BioShock Infinite’s world, and then being floored by its conclusion. It’s the kind of game you want to think about and talk about long after the credits roll, which is why the pile of thoughtful critiques keeps growing. You should play it, and join the conversation.
  40. May 17, 2013
    So this game is so beautiful i never seen anything like it before and i mean story not graphics.
    This game goes easily to my top games. And there is ONLY FEW bad things in this game and they are that there is way too much shooting and enemies... also you cannot sneak past guards or avoid fighting normaly that's why it cannot get 10/10
  41. May 15, 2013
    This game was hyped up a lot both by the game industry and the internet. I was told that this game was similar to Bioshock 1, but the whole time I kept waiting for a bigger variety of enemies. Sadly, most of the enemies are just standard humans, combined with the Patriots and similar automatons and the rare Handyman. Other than that, the humans enemies are utterly boring. As previouslyThis game was hyped up a lot both by the game industry and the internet. I was told that this game was similar to Bioshock 1, but the whole time I kept waiting for a bigger variety of enemies. Sadly, most of the enemies are just standard humans, combined with the Patriots and similar automatons and the rare Handyman. Other than that, the humans enemies are utterly boring. As previously mentioned you do not need most of the vigors, and some even have very similar effects, which makes them seem like an afterthought. You will primarily use possession spoiler since most of the enemies are either groups of humans or automatons. However, the game is visually stunning and the story is one of the deepest I have come across in awhile, dealing with issues not normally tackled in the game industry; America's racist past, the morality of pre-WW2 capitalist society, the illusion of choice, and concepts of time and dimension. It can be a very heady game, and the ending is actually quite satisfying. There are several "wow" moments in the gameplay which makes up for the boring enemies and somewhat dumb AI, but it takes awhile and for the most part you are just in a early 20th century city. Also I found that this game immediately looked, felt, and played exactly like Dishonored, to the point where some of the first levels look like they could have been ripped directly, and the looting looks almost identical as well with food and other small power ups scattered all around on top of objects or tucked into corners. Some of the powers also seem ripped straight from Dishonored. This is not such a bad thing, as Dishonored is a great game and this does it one up with better visuals and story, but still if you played both you will notice an almost identical setting and a less stealth more FPS oriented gameplay. The game is not very hard either, I beat it in about 5 days, and since there is no multiplayer or online co-op I do not feel motivated to try and beat it again on hard or buy the season pass. I am giving this game an 8, but if you are not interested in a riveting story, great visuals, atmosphere, and only care about gameplay, then you should consider it more a 6.5 or 7 as at its core it is mostly just a loot-and-shoot FPS with powers. The weapons are also somewhat generic and mostly WW1 era weapons like pistols, carbines, machine guns, repeaters, shotguns, and so on with occasional futuristic variations like the heater or hand cannon. Like the vigors however, a lot of these weapons seem exactly the same and tacked on as an after though. The 2 gun system was OK with me, and seemed to work with the set and setting, as it makes you manage your ammo by dropping a stronger gun with little ammo for a found gun with full ammo, but my major gripe is that when you drop a gun in order to pick up a new one, you lose it after going to another room. This means if you are, for example, using a more powerful carbine against a horde of enemies and use up most of your ammo, and switch to an enemy dropped machine gun, you can not go back and pick up your carbine if you find an ammo cache or vending machine around a corner. Even worse, if you accidentally pick up a found weapon and put it back down, it is gone when you come back with more ammo. This does not add to the gameplay and seems like lazy programming.

However this game gets major bonus points for dealing with tough issues and providing one of the best stories I have seen in years. Showing the gilded era in all its negative light made it very powerful, and it is overall a very mature and heady game that plays as much like a movie or graphic novel as it does an FPS. I feel like this game could have done a lot more, however, definitely in gameplay, weapons, powers. and enemy development, and to some degree with using the setting better. Also I would have liked more done with the different tears you enter, as they are the source of much of the stunning visuals. The programmers dropped an opportunity to really let loose, and reading about the issues with the dev team, it seems like they just left a lot of things out after they had the story in place. I really wish you killed more baddies than WW1 era soldiers, cops, private security, and automaton robots. However the final battle on the air ship was really cool, and the zeppelin battles have the graphics you would expect from cutscenes as part of the gameplay.

Altogether, this is simply an average FPS-with-powers-loot-and-shoot with a story that goes above and beyond anything else in a long time. If you like atmospheric games with great writing and character development I actually felt emotionally connected to Elizabeth, something rare in games then pick it up used. However if you are looking for a game with deep gameplay, lots of different enemies, varied guns, powers, and power ups, then you may want to pass on this.
  42. May 13, 2013
    First of all this is by no means a "Bioshock", this has nothing to do (but the game title) with previous Bioshock games. No little sisters, no big daddys, no rapture, etc. It has its fair similitudes but thats it.

Aside from that, I must say this game blowed me away the first hour of play (then I got used to its awesome ambient, graphics, sounds and freakingly great soundtrack).

Really good story, lots of action, the enemies and Elizabeth feel smart, plus the interaction of Elizabeth and the surrounding areas its something I have never seen before in a game, its just so damn good.

This game feels unique in terms of in game art, story and music. I do recommend this game, but not to anyone. This game its art and its worth every penny.

The downside, the game is really short, offers no consequences to your actions therefore, no multiple endings. Getting the missing trophies/achievements dictate its replay value since it offers nothing more for a 2nd or a 3rd playthrough.
  43. May 12, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a terrific entry into the Bioshock franchise giving us a beautiful flying city, intelligent AI, breathtaking combat system, magnificent story and probably the best FPS by far that I have ever played. From the audio to the screaming of the Songbird, the music ticks all the right boxes. All the way from start to finish this game shows us that games can become an art formBioshock Infinite is a terrific entry into the Bioshock franchise giving us a beautiful flying city, intelligent AI, breathtaking combat system, magnificent story and probably the best FPS by far that I have ever played. From the audio to the screaming of the Songbird, the music ticks all the right boxes. All the way from start to finish this game shows us that games can become an art form and who could deny that claim.

This game has stunning visuals that would make a computer melt its screen because of it. Columbia looks like a peaceful place but it is a ticking time bomb waiting to go off and the dark underbelly of this FPS shows us that with some bloody violence and some dark and gritty themes all sugarcoated in that 1900's optimism. The skyhook is such a welcome addition to this game and Elizabeth really shines as a partner (although sometimes she feels like a disney princess trapped in an FPS.)

Full of twist and turns and with great randomly generated Gear thrown at you to change up the gameplay with every playthrough this game delivers on what it promised and proves that Bioshock is as good as ever and I'm sure another Bioshock will follow after this one, how could it not. This was a 10 out of 10 experience for me and after the end credits rolled I just wanted to play it all over again, this shows that it was doing something right and it sure has.
  44. May 7, 2013
    This game made me feel there is still hope for the generation that is actually making themselves dumb by having almost to actually none variety with their swag, yolo, stupid internet hypes and admiration for overly repetitive and empty shooters. Acting (or even worse, actually being) dumb is the new cool and that's even worse than having hipsters, who at least were culturally seasoned.This game made me feel there is still hope for the generation that is actually making themselves dumb by having almost to actually none variety with their swag, yolo, stupid internet hypes and admiration for overly repetitive and empty shooters. Acting (or even worse, actually being) dumb is the new cool and that's even worse than having hipsters, who at least were culturally seasoned.
    Bioshock Infinite goes back to how games were not even 10 years ago before being dragged down by the financial crisis: a story that (quite literally) immerses you into the world you're playing. It trusts you and suddenly it stabs you in the back for being a threat to that wonderful place of comfort. The action pushes you forward constantly which is only in favor for the pace of the plot. There is philosophy and science (which Bioshock 2 lacked imo) and the game itself is a perfect statement on the illusion of choice, not only in games but also in real life. Do you really want to Eventually, you will, or won't, whether you like it or not. It shows a perspective of fatalism where most would see heads, but others see tails. The fact that the ending is inevitable and surprises you just as much as The Usual Suspects did when it first came out shows that plot twists still can be original and not a cheap trick of the industry to turn a half-baked story into something of more value just because you tricked the viewer.
    If anyone still doubted games are purely entertainment and can never be thought of as a piece of philosophy, a statement that cuddles with art only to eventually embody art itself, wash away your sins and rise anew with Bioshock Infinite.

I will state right here that most who gave this game a poor rating either don't even care about this aspect of the game and probably are the type of persons that would rather be playing Modern Warfare or Black Ops, don't care about philosophy and/or those who say the game doesn't explain itself probably didn't even care to collect all the voxophones or watch the Fink rotoscopes. There are of course the fans whose delusion is that a sequel only declines in quality, but as many franchises have showed us that a weak sophomore usually gets made up by an excellent, and sometimes even exceeding the original, third installment. Gladly I can conclude this is only a minority.
    However minor faults in the gameplay are present, playing this on an original PS3 definitely made the change when a friend let me play it on his PC and the difference shows why computers are still the best console: the graphics are alot better, gameplay is more fluid, no loading whatsoever (shorter ones when leaving/entering areas), no "glitches" (getting stuck on the stairs for instance). If you have the choice, choose PC for the perfect experience. For every gamer this is a MUST PLAY.

There is alot more to talk about within this game, like the Luteces, how fantastically Elizabeth is engineered or even how you never have an actual boss fight in this game but there is always YouTube for that.

"The Ocarina of Time of our generation"
  45. May 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It was a pretty fun adventure but I do feel a bit sad for the Dewitt fellow with the suicide and all.But then again could always just switch dimensions and see him in action again.I also never found out why Comstock is raciest after his or should I say Booker's origin.If you see me say I said hello. Expand
  46. May 3, 2013
    This game was a HUUUGE improvement over the other ones. The first one was okay, the second one was a complete lost of time, but the third one, which usualy in games the third game in the series is the worst, in this case, is probably the best. Good atmosphere at all, very good graphics, music, gameplay is fine, also the grappling hook is very good, and it's a nice add to the game. TheThis game was a HUUUGE improvement over the other ones. The first one was okay, the second one was a complete lost of time, but the third one, which usualy in games the third game in the series is the worst, in this case, is probably the best. Good atmosphere at all, very good graphics, music, gameplay is fine, also the grappling hook is very good, and it's a nice add to the game. The ending was a bit disappointing, and I think they could have done it better. Though, this game get's a 9/10. Expand
  47. May 3, 2013
    It might be a little early to say but this might just be my game of the year, maybe even my game of the decade. It really is that good. It does exactly what a sequel should do, it expands upon what the previous game or games have offered and creates an experience that feels totally new, yet delightfully familiar. Once again Irrational Games has created a world that will suck you in. TheIt might be a little early to say but this might just be my game of the year, maybe even my game of the decade. It really is that good. It does exactly what a sequel should do, it expands upon what the previous game or games have offered and creates an experience that feels totally new, yet delightfully familiar. Once again Irrational Games has created a world that will suck you in. The narrative and setting both are near perfect and couldn't have been done better. You'll want to explore every nook and cranny of Columbia, and the game rewards you for doing so. Whether it's a voxophone recording or a power up exploring the local bar or store is always worth your time. The gameplay is fantastic, the excellent combination of gunplay and Vigors (aka Plasmids) makes for an extremely fun experience. I can't talk about this game without giving praise to the Elizabeth AI. From the moment I knew she would be with me I was worried that this game was going to turn out to be one long and irritating escort mission. Thankfully I couldn't have been more wrong, throughout the entire game I never once had to make sure Elizabeth was safe during a firefight. She's able to take care of herself and even helps you out during combat by giving you health and ammo when you're low. She also is able to "tears" which give you access to things like cover or turrets. I was glad that she was by my side when I was playing this game. BioShock Infinite is a rare kind of game, it hooks you right from the beginning and makes the FPS genre feel fresh again, and does it without multiplayer of any form. It makes you feel and is absolutely an essential purchase. Mix in the fact that the PS3 version of BioShock Infinite comes with a free downloadable copy of the original BioShock already installed on the disc and you have no reason not to go and pick this game up right now. That is unless you just hate having fun. Expand
  48. May 2, 2013
    Everything done right, hopefully it continues. My vote for GOTY. Beautifully takes an already amazing and well established series and brings it to another level. Answers lots of questions, raises more, but doesn't leave you feeling cheated like most games of the type do. Worth every cent. The escort mechanic is amazing, you're not just dragging around this useless sack to keep alive. OneEverything done right, hopefully it continues. My vote for GOTY. Beautifully takes an already amazing and well established series and brings it to another level. Answers lots of questions, raises more, but doesn't leave you feeling cheated like most games of the type do. Worth every cent. The escort mechanic is amazing, you're not just dragging around this useless sack to keep alive. One of the best I've ever played, Expand
  49. May 2, 2013
    Though it won't sell 20 million copies like GTA or COD, this game is the closest and FPS has come to perfection since Resistance 3. One of the only THREE first person shooters I loved! GOTY contender for sure, up there with the likes of Tomb Raider and The Last Of Us.
  50. May 2, 2013
    Bioshock:Infinite is an awesome game with Eye popping graphics awesome gameplay and as well as a absolutely excellent story, they also have a helpful A.I companion for once unlike some other games i've played Like Resident Evil 5 where companion is a pain in the ass, Bioshock is one of the best games of 2013 by far i can't wait until Bioshock 4
  51. May 1, 2013
    There's not much I can say that hasn't been said by many others, but this is absolutely my game of the year. Although I liked the previous BioShocks well enough, I had a lot more fun with Infinite. I've played it 11 times so far. I haven't replayed a game this much in many years.
  52. May 1, 2013
    This game is all about the story. The gameplay is straight forward and addicting, but as you all have probably read the vigor selection could have been more diverse. Brevity is not an issue but I've seen complaints about it? Either way the ending is a mind f*ck and the game is fun. Definitely on that season pass tip.
  53. Apr 30, 2013
    i loved the first bioshock and this one, although realllly different, is still just as on par in terms of plot, gameplay, soundtrack etc. some of the voice acting can be annoying but that's just because i'm bipolar and everything is annoying when i'm manic. (anyway). anyway.
  54. Apr 30, 2013
    Bioshock 1 is one of my favorite game ever, i never thought that bioshock infinite would be better cuz i really didn't like bioshock 2. But Bioshock Infinite is a MASTERPIECE, you can't leave the countroller, it's almost perfection. Really one or the best game ive ever played!
  55. Apr 30, 2013
    This is a great game. The greatness comes from gameplay, story, environment controls, polish, but not nessiceraly from graphics. But for true gamers we all know that graphics is not all to a game look at the sentence before, there are 6 or 7 things that contribute to greatness and this game by Irrational Games has it all.
  56. Apr 29, 2013
    First, this game is fantastic. If you like a good story, amazing vistas, and satisfying first person shooter (fps) mechanics, you will enjoy this game.

Second, some people are disappointed certain elements from previous bioshock games have been streamlined (or "main-streamed"). While this is true for certain areas, this intelligent shooter still gives you many more options than your typical fps does. shoot or throw a grenade? Not here. When deciding how to deal with its encounters, depending on the layout of the area and the enemies, you will need to decide which guns you should be using (you can only carry two), which vigors (like magic) to use/combine, and what gear you should be wearing for that situation, and a few other choices I won't list for spoiler reasons. This of course is less essential for the lower difficulties, but becomes a must for 1999 mode.

Finally, thank you for 1999 mode. The only part of the first two bioshock games I did not like was the vito chambers. So thank you for the inclusion of 1999 mode. It's a great idea to offer this for people that would like a more challenging game, while still offering easier difficulties so those people that don't play fpses as often so they can still enjoy this beautiful game.
  57. Apr 28, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is one of those games that everybody should play. Bioshock Inifinite does just about everything right to its remarkable to story to its intense and fun gameplay. The story of Bioshock Inifite is spectacular. It is excellently paced, and has tons of things to do. Although the story is pretty set and "linear" there are tons of different things to go about and do inBioshock Infinite is one of those games that everybody should play. Bioshock Inifinite does just about everything right to its remarkable to story to its intense and fun gameplay. The story of Bioshock Inifite is spectacular. It is excellently paced, and has tons of things to do. Although the story is pretty set and "linear" there are tons of different things to go about and do in Columbia which makes each playthrough of the story unique and differnt. There is so much depth to the story that it cant just be playthroughed once. From the voxiphones to the sight seeing there are plenty of things that make you come back to Columbia. Elizabeth your partner through the story makes the story fun and interesting. She also tends to often helps you out in battle. Trust me the story in Bioshock Infinite is incredible and does not disappoint. The long awaited Bioshock Infinite does not disappoint and excels in every way. Deferentially worthy of the Bioshock name and worthy of your purchase. Expand
  58. Apr 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. BioShock Infinite is great game tho its much as the others. This is much of copy from 2. Lets get to talking about the game goods and the bad. What i liked about BioShock Infinite was story. It was very interesting and compelling. It was very mature and it speaks to the player on personal and emotional way like walking dead.
    When you you get into the lighthouse and lift off i was wow this is cool and when you got up to the clouds i was wow this is awesome! Graphics were so amazing that its very big plus.
    First when you start using vigor's and weapons it was cool. Also good thing was you get the different weapons and vigor's pretty fast. When i had played this half a day i got bit bored. Too much fighting. I feel that i didn't had enough of resting. You know what i mean? A break when i want to see animations etc. I would have seen more of that
    After all this is very good game and i hope that other game creators would create games like this. Emotional games that personally affects the player. Making him sad and happy.
  59. Apr 27, 2013
    It's not perfect, but it's still far better than anything on the market. Its been years since a game this good has come out. The graphics are good, but their not mind blowing-good. It has great AI(for an FPS). The game isn't very hard, but that doesn't matter when the gameplay and story are so amazing. There are some changes in gameplay from the other Bioshock games. This one is focused onIt's not perfect, but it's still far better than anything on the market. Its been years since a game this good has come out. The graphics are good, but their not mind blowing-good. It has great AI(for an FPS). The game isn't very hard, but that doesn't matter when the gameplay and story are so amazing. There are some changes in gameplay from the other Bioshock games. This one is focused on combat, and has removed hacking to place more emphasis on combat. Whether this is a good or a bad thing is up to whether or not you liked hacking. Personally, I got tired of hacking about halfway through the first game, and hated it by the end. There are also some major changes to the upgrade system. Now you buy upgrades for your guns and vigors using money, and you get passive upgrades by finding gear or tonics. Not of that matters however, because the series's strong point has always been the story, and this game's story is one of the best in any game ever.
    9.9/10
  60. Apr 26, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite, what hasn't been said? this game is superb, beautiful visuals,the colors are crisp and the art direction is truly the best ive seen in a while. this game has a interesting story, it starts quite simply, but takes a a dark turn about 20 minutes in and the game has such great flow. combat is rather interesting and the addition of the the new sky rail system keeps it fromBioshock Infinite, what hasn't been said? this game is superb, beautiful visuals,the colors are crisp and the art direction is truly the best ive seen in a while. this game has a interesting story, it starts quite simply, but takes a a dark turn about 20 minutes in and the game has such great flow. combat is rather interesting and the addition of the the new sky rail system keeps it from going stale. It is so familiar yet so different from the previous installments, this is a mature shooter and a experience you would not want to miss, i tip my hats to irrational for pulling this game off. its a must buy Expand
  61. Apr 26, 2013
    I think this game will have the title of not only the game of the year, but perhaps the game of the decade. So she is beautiful and is special. This new level of gaming, but unfortunately these games are not as revolutionary. This is a jump up, and this is possible only Ken Levine. We look forward to the following projects and DLC
  62. Apr 26, 2013
    THIS GAME IS A MUST GET NOW..

THIS GAME IS A MUST GET NOW..

Simply put, the game is gorgeous. And a VERY warm welcome to Bioshock series as I was getting tired of the plain underwater theme. Bioshock's combat is also something to mention, Although Bioshock infinite only offers around 4-5 types of guns for you to use, and around 4 Vigors (or spells) Bioshock managed to create engaging, Fun, and sometimes difficult combat! Bioshock Infinite has created some amazing moments and just WOW moments for me & I think it will do the same for you!

If it means something I've also fell in love with Elizabeth.. Yea, I have it bad.
  63. Apr 25, 2013
    I was never really a fan of Bioshock, I played the first game for a few minutes and played through half of the 2nd game at a friend's house, but after seeing all the glowing reviews, I decided to get it a few days after release date. And I loved almost everything about this game. The gameplay was great, story was great, environmental graphics are great, facial animations look a littleI was never really a fan of Bioshock, I played the first game for a few minutes and played through half of the 2nd game at a friend's house, but after seeing all the glowing reviews, I decided to get it a few days after release date. And I loved almost everything about this game. The gameplay was great, story was great, environmental graphics are great, facial animations look a little cartoonish, but still look good. It's a lot easier than the other Bioshock games, and great for newcomers since it only has minor references to previous games (a sort of big one in the end but I won't spoil it). Expand
  64. Apr 25, 2013
    Its a great game no doubt but i think it needs something new, the trama is good, the enviorement is awesome but alll the other stuff are the same they only made like a combinacion of Bioshcok 1 and 2, but like i say still a great game
  65. Apr 25, 2013
    As games become more and more popular its getting difficult to find a game that feels original, Bioshock Infinite is a truly beautiful game which sets the bar for story driven games. Not only has this been one of the most satisfying games to complete but you'll find your self replaying the game to learn more about Colombia and its racist residents. Admittedly the only reason I have givenAs games become more and more popular its getting difficult to find a game that feels original, Bioshock Infinite is a truly beautiful game which sets the bar for story driven games. Not only has this been one of the most satisfying games to complete but you'll find your self replaying the game to learn more about Colombia and its racist residents. Admittedly the only reason I have given this game a 9 and not a 10 is because its missing one element of game play which the first Bioshock nailed which is unnerving atmosphere, although Infinite has its moments I found id happily run around corners and pick up items without the fear of being attacked. The original made me nervous to run through a room, id plan how to take out enemy's to preserve ammo which just felt nonexistent in Bioshock Infinite. Over all this is an incredible game and even with its complex story line will manage to keep you intrigued. Expand
  66. Apr 25, 2013
    OK, so I’ve held off on writing this review for a while because I really wanted to digest this game, read other reviews, and see outside opinions.

So I want to preface this by saying I’m a male in my late 20s who’s been gaming for roughly 20 years. Some of my favorite games include Fallout 3, inFamous, Super Mario Galaxy, Dishonored, Batman Arkham City and Asylum, Portal 1 and 2, Borderlands 2, and of course the original Bioshock and System Shock 2. I’m currently playing Tomb Raider and have enjoyed it thus far. I play a lot of FPSs, like CoD, BF, Far Cry, and Crysis, but don’t have a distinct favorite genre.

All that said, for me personally, Bioshock Infinite ranks as one of the top 3 games I have currently ever played with Earthbound and MGS 4 (I know MGS 3 is awesome, but going back to an HD Shadow Moses did it for me).

I implore readers to check out other reviews from reviewers that gave Bioshock Infinite a poor score; we have someone who gave Alan Wake and Halo 3 a 0, someone who gave Borderlands 2 a 3, Dishonored a 6, but yet gave Hawken and Street Fighter X Tekken a 7, and another user who gave Uncharted 2 a 1. I could go on, but you get the point. Absolutely these reviewers are entitled to their opinion, but when it becomes apparent that their opinions are there to either weigh down other reviewer scores, or for sheer shock value, well that should tell you something.

I have to laugh when someone complains that Rapture was “scarier,” Columbia isn’t Rapture. I have to laugh when someone compares the Song Bird to a Big Daddy, the Song Bird isn’t a Big Daddy. I have to laugh when someone complains that footage they were shown from development gameplay 2-3 years ago at conventions weren’t in the game, be glad they gave you something you haven’t seen before. I have to laugh when someone complains that they don’t have a choice in the game, this is Irrational Games’ story, they want it told this way. How you want to interpret it, and its ending, that is where you have a choice. In general I have to laugh at other reviews comparing this to the original Bioshock, and complaining about differences. Please know, Bioshock Infinite is NOT synonymous with Bioshock 3. There is no Bioshock 3. If Ken Levine had his way, there wouldn’t have been a Bioshock 2. Yes, it has the same word “Bioshock” in the title, but aside from that, it is a completely different game, and if you can’t accept that, then you should stick with the perfectly awesome original. Stop trying to find a reason to complain. There are things to complain about in this game, those aren’t it.

Bioshock Infinite, for me, was as close to a perfect game as I’ve encountered. The characters were dynamic, and I found myself disappointed with actions that I’d disagree with, and excited when they found success. The voice actors fit incredibly well with the characters. The setting was absolutely gorgeous and interesting, I found myself exploring every nook and cranny. The combat just felt right, every weapon felt “good” to fire, along with the vigors. Elizabeth’s AI might be the most well done video game AI we’ve yet to see. Most importantly, the story was phenomenal. As a huge Fringe fan, I will fully admit my biased here, but I feel confident saying there are plenty that would agree it’s one of the most well told stories in video games.

Is this game perfect? No. There are issues with texture popping, and textures being incredibly grainy, especially on the PS3, and the fact that there was in-game loading while in the same environment (1-3 seconds), simply isn’t acceptable in this day and age.

All that considered, if you weight this game up against what’s been published in the past 5-10 years on console, this is undoubtedly one of the best. The time and effort that the folks at Irrational Games put into Bioshock Infinite is incredibly apparent, and I thank them for their obvious hard work.
  67. Apr 25, 2013
    Ok, I give this one 9 out of 10. But is it worth all thy hype and praise? Well, 90% of it, hence my score. This is one of the best games I have played recently and a haunting story that got me hook from the first to the last minute. But, is it the best Bioshock of all? Not it's not. "Would you kindly?" still wanders my thoughts and I don't think Infinite will linger for that long. BioshockOk, I give this one 9 out of 10. But is it worth all thy hype and praise? Well, 90% of it, hence my score. This is one of the best games I have played recently and a haunting story that got me hook from the first to the last minute. But, is it the best Bioshock of all? Not it's not. "Would you kindly?" still wanders my thoughts and I don't think Infinite will linger for that long. Bioshock 1 still is the best game. BI is gorgeous, with a different tone and atmosphere than previous entries. Fist of all, the confinement is gone traded for an endless sky with no boundaries. The setting is different, as well, where a 'Dark Disney' feeling substitutes the steampunk-utopia of Rapture. Nevertheless, this game CANNOT be missed. The Bioshock pedigree is there, filled with its interesting characters and (not always) predictable plot twists. The game plays beautifully too, making this one an almost perfect package where plot and action are very well intertwined. One of the best releases of 2013, for sure. Expand
  68. Apr 24, 2013
    Where do i even begin? i have never been so excited for a game to be released before. when i heard the announcement for bioshock infinite. i got pretty excited; however i was skeptical about how they were going to change from being trapped in an underwater city, to roaming a city in the sky. But leave it to irratonal games to surprise me. Bioshock infinite fully lives up to my expectationsWhere do i even begin? i have never been so excited for a game to be released before. when i heard the announcement for bioshock infinite. i got pretty excited; however i was skeptical about how they were going to change from being trapped in an underwater city, to roaming a city in the sky. But leave it to irratonal games to surprise me. Bioshock infinite fully lives up to my expectations and then some.

the story behind bioshock infinite is you play as booker dewitt, and he has to find a girl to repay a debt, as you progress you find more of the backstory behind this dept and what booker has to pay to wipe it away. and then of course there's how beautiful the game looks. from the astounding first appearance of columbia; to suddenly being in the midst of a civil war in the sky. this is a real sight to behold.

now there are many characters in this game, and all of them has a really interesting backstory, booker is the character you spend the game continually discovering. his story is explained as you play the game: and the reason isn't amnesia for once. he chose to forget but certain events reveal them to the gamer and to the other main character: elizabeth. she is a really interesting character, and she is like booker, her story is cleverly and purposely hidden from the player. and the reveal behind her real personality and backstory leads to one of the most shocking endings to a video game.

the gameplay behind infinite is...functional, it follows the same bioshock 2 formula, guns and plasmids, however in this game there are some welcomed as well as unwelcomed changes; such as plasmids are now vigors, and there's no more adam, money rules this world. when not using vigors, you will hold your weapon like in bioshock 1, unfortunately you can only carry 2 weapons at a time, so you have to be careful on your choices. also you can no longer carry health/salt items. instead to make up for this you are given gear and a regenerating shield. so it's unfortunate, but it's a forgettable change as you go on because now i go into my next part

it is much easier then either of the previous bioshocks. ammo is $8. and that's for every weapon. plus ammo is everywhere as well as is health and salt items, so don't expect to run out of health or salt over a prolonged period. and then we have the best part of the game: skyline fights. by far the best new system in bioshock. you get to use a magnetized hook to ride along skylines as you shoot enemies. and even better, you can use the hook as a melee weapon.

overall the game offers many new features in it's gameplay and offers an intriguing plot with many shocking moments. and if you'll excuse me i have to go beat it again.
  69. Apr 24, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is an amazing game! Period! The graphics are absolutely stunning, the story is great and will keep you guessing and thinking all the way to the end! Also Booker and Elizabeth are two of the best most well realized characters that i've seen since John Marston Red Dead Redemption and Cole Phelps L.A. Noire You need to go get this if you haven't already! its one of theBioshock Infinite is an amazing game! Period! The graphics are absolutely stunning, the story is great and will keep you guessing and thinking all the way to the end! Also Booker and Elizabeth are two of the best most well realized characters that i've seen since John Marston Red Dead Redemption and Cole Phelps L.A. Noire You need to go get this if you haven't already! its one of the best games you're gonna play this year! Expand
  70. Apr 21, 2013
    One of the best games of this generation, and a true sequel to the original BioShock. An original story with amazing quality on nearly every area.....
  71. Apr 19, 2013
    This game is what every sequel should aspire to be; it never tries to be the original, or to recreate the things the original does well, but makes it's own way, while still preserving the original's spirit.

This is a game not to be missed.
  72. Apr 18, 2013
    The game is really good. I've been thinking about it several days after completion, and I've been showing it to friends for the pleasure to share. The main reason is it's a game, but it's also virtual tourism and storytelling mixed together.
    The fact that you need to figure out many things about story by finding clues scattered around increases the sense of interactive storytelling, and the misteries and themes on display here is so vast and diverse that your brain will be overheated in the process of munching in all the informations.
    Also, the shifts in the plot and the narrative ellipses are a quite bold and refreshing way to keep things going in a videogame.
    All these different levels of involvement contribute to create a very deep engagement.
  73. Apr 16, 2013
    Good game, but too short. While the game looks good, it isn't much of an improvement over Bioshock. I did like the combat mechanics. Way too many weapons and "vigors" that you don't have much time to invest in or use. I think it's pretty obvious that these were added for a multilayer mode that didn't happen. I think the plotting was uneven and didn't seem to have much logic to it.
  74. Apr 16, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite puts you in the shoes of Booker Dewitt, the first of the main two protagonists found in Bioshock Infinite, the other being Elizabeth.
    "Bring us the girl and wipe away the debt" This is a quote that you will hear numerous times throughout the story, and really thrusts the underlying story into its course of action as you rock through the world of Columbia, the floating city in the sky where this game takes place.
    Your start off at a lighthouse, dropped off on a boat by a man and a woman It is not the same lighthouse from the original Bioshock, but a completely different one altogether, with only have a vague idea of where you’re heading.
    You must retrieve and save a girl named Elizabeth, who is trapped inside an enormous statue. But Elizabeth is no ordinary character. Elizabeth has powers like no other, opening tears in the world are her ‘thing’. She has been created so well and realistically that you want to care for her. You want to save her. She will frequently throw you ammo, salts, health and money throughout the entire campaign, also making for a very generous but not overloading attribute. She doesn’t throw you too much, and it’s very evenly spread out as well.
    Your character, Booker Dewitt is a totally different kind of person to Elizabeth. He is on this journey which is almost outcast, and you can tell instantly that he doesn’t fit into the flying city in the sky. Something about the world and its inhabitants, its surroundings feels different than any other game. One reason is because the game is riddled with political racism towards black people and Irish people (like me), and they are known as the Vox Populi. The story from here is an extravagant one. It takes you away with its indulgent story and really tries to mess with your mental capacity.
    The graphics in Bioshock Infinite are second to only some, e.g. Dead Space 3, Crysis 3, but are superbly done nevertheless and are perfect for what this game wishes to tell. The skies are a great cerulean blue, the city is bright and welcoming, while the slums are dark and unforgiving.
    Bioshock Infinite boasts amazing controls and gameplay mechanics. The addition of vigors, the original Bioshock’s plasmids, is a welcome one. There is solid fun to be had out of using Bucking Bronco or Return to Sender which makes you just feel like a badass. The weapons also found in Infinite are wonderful to use and really have a ‘Uumph’ behind each of them. The AI in Bioshock Infinite is some of the best in the industry, being very smart and strategic in all situations.
    Bioshock Infinite’s engaging story, followed by its’ immense graphics alongside some of today’s most solid gameplay and controls makes this an easy contender for game of the year.
  75. Apr 16, 2013
    I loved Bioshock Infinite. The game had some of the most beautiful art direction that I'd ever seen in a game. The story was a ripping yarn, combining edgy social commentary (albeit heavy handed) with mysterious science fiction. I couldn't tear myself away (pun intended). The game had a tangible emotional effect on me and I shed tears at least three different times during my playthough.I loved Bioshock Infinite. The game had some of the most beautiful art direction that I'd ever seen in a game. The story was a ripping yarn, combining edgy social commentary (albeit heavy handed) with mysterious science fiction. I couldn't tear myself away (pun intended). The game had a tangible emotional effect on me and I shed tears at least three different times during my playthough. Gameplay wise, Bioshock Infinite was a ton of fun. The combat was always exciting, with the use of vigors and skylines shaking things up a bit in comparison to the usual FPS fare. The pacing also deserves a mention; the game had just the right amount of downtime between fights. Overall, Bioshock Infinite was an utterly brilliant game and I have no qualms over stating that it is, by far and away, my favorite FPS of all time. And that is some high praise indeed! Expand
  76. Apr 15, 2013
    Possibly the game of the year if you ask me. This is just so much fun and it is an amazing adventure. Elizabeth is the most helpful partner I have ever seen in a video game in a while, she gets you money, ammo, health, salts and never gets in your way, she doesn't die either so you won't get pissed off at the game more. The air rail transportation is so cool and its really fun ti travel soPossibly the game of the year if you ask me. This is just so much fun and it is an amazing adventure. Elizabeth is the most helpful partner I have ever seen in a video game in a while, she gets you money, ammo, health, salts and never gets in your way, she doesn't die either so you won't get pissed off at the game more. The air rail transportation is so cool and its really fun ti travel so fast in the air. The plot is so awesome and the ending is so good, it will definitely keep you thinking for a day or tow. BioShock Infinite was a good turn on the series because usually these type of spinoffs never really work out, but this one did so well. Expand
  77. Apr 15, 2013
    This game is nothing but a Masterpiece! I just couldn't stop playing it till I finally finished it. And when that happened, my chin was on the floor, the emotion, the portraits,... everything spoke to me like no other game before.

BioShock 1 was magnificent, but Infinite takes the whole game experience to another level. It's gaming in its most pure form: ART.
  78. Apr 15, 2013
    To start this off, I have to say that this game has really impressed me. It's one of the best games in my opinion and one of my top ten video games. Although not as impressive as the e3 demos (to be expected), it still shines in many aspects. For starters, I played the first Bioshock 1 and found myself really enjoying it, especially when first entering Rapture. The same can be said forTo start this off, I have to say that this game has really impressed me. It's one of the best games in my opinion and one of my top ten video games. Although not as impressive as the e3 demos (to be expected), it still shines in many aspects. For starters, I played the first Bioshock 1 and found myself really enjoying it, especially when first entering Rapture. The same can be said for Columbia. From the moment the game begins, it sucks you right in and doesn't let go till you've explored every aspect of the game. The story is almost flawless keeping you guessing most of the times. There are plenty of twists that will have you shocked. Many moments in this just completely leaves with your mouth hanging in surprise (in a good way). The graphics are very good and polished (which is surprising considering how old the ps3 is). Combat is can range from very fast paced to very slow paced. But that's okay because combing vigors (essentially plasmids from Bioshock) can be very satisfying. That's not to say that the game is a masterpiece, though very close to it, there are still some parts that remain questionable. A lack of bosses really had me disappointed and a few glitches were present in my play-through. These were generally annoying, but forgivable. I hope that a later DLC can handle bosses a little better. I also found handymen and Boys Of Silence to be a bit scarce and disappointing. The ending, however, will leave you shocked and amazed. Once you play through once, you'll want to play through again because everything makes a lot more sense and you are way more immersed. It's sort of like the movie Inception where you had to watch it many times to really enjoy it. My final word are..... go out and buy it! Expand
  79. Apr 15, 2013
    From start to finish, Bioshock Infinite has you engaged in the story line and has you waiting till the very end for the awesome ending only Levine could come up with. What I loved about the game is the slick gameplay which reminded me so much of the previous Bioshock games, yet so different at the same time. But the best was Elizabeth's interaction, which was so well thought out. The bestFrom start to finish, Bioshock Infinite has you engaged in the story line and has you waiting till the very end for the awesome ending only Levine could come up with. What I loved about the game is the slick gameplay which reminded me so much of the previous Bioshock games, yet so different at the same time. But the best was Elizabeth's interaction, which was so well thought out. The best female character ever in a game, just spectacular to say the least. I've played the game 3 times over for the Platinum, and can't wait to another run through! Expand
  80. Apr 14, 2013
    This game is worth the hype do yourself a favor and at least rent it, you won't be disappointed, this is a true work of art. Plenty of throwbacks to the original Bioshock which is easily one of the best games of all time.
  81. Apr 14, 2013
    This is my first BioShock game, and I thought it was amazing. Even my girlfiend who sometimes will watch me play games to help out with puzzles commented that "this is the best video game I've ever seen!" The city of Columbia was well realized and I enjoyed the social commentary throughout the game's setting. I played Tomb Raider after this, and my girlfriend said "none of theseThis is my first BioShock game, and I thought it was amazing. Even my girlfiend who sometimes will watch me play games to help out with puzzles commented that "this is the best video game I've ever seen!" The city of Columbia was well realized and I enjoyed the social commentary throughout the game's setting. I played Tomb Raider after this, and my girlfriend said "none of these characters are nearly as interesting as Elizabeth." I truly am not a fan of FPS at all, but the Easy setting let me enjoy the action and story without being too stressed out. Definitely a game I will replay given the chance, and I also look forward to playing the original BioShock. Expand
  82. Apr 14, 2013
    bioshock infinite review

bioshock infinite review

the game begins extremely strong beautiful environment which is extremely intriguing. you realise your in a vast environment extremely racist and political tones are presented to you throughout the game which is consistently in your face however it ties in with the story gameplay is flawless however the environment is extremely linear which is a shame because the city is so huge. so if you hit a save point make sure you scoped out the environment as much as you can."VIGORS" which are plasmids for bioshock 2" are good fun to play around with however the functionality of them limit you to primarily use the weapons you find in game. story wise. hands down the best story in the history of gaming if not cinema. if they made a movie it would be my favourite movie. 4 years in production winning 85 awards voted world best shooter. credit was given when it was due. Elisabeth helps you throughout the game and in no way shape or form does it feel like a huge escort mission" .
    you can travel using the "sky lines" which basically feels like your on a roller-coaster where tey have also intergrated combat which blends in so well that it is revolutionises the first person shooter" feel"
    the music is amazing the story is amazing gameplay is amazing.

83. Apr 14, 2013
    This game was amazing! Every moment of it was fantastic. In some parts it felt like a Bioshock game, but in other parts it didn't, but it worked! The game had an amazing story, that felt tight with fantastic gameplay. Elizabeth was a great companion, when you needed her she would help. It came in handy in battles when she threw health, salts (powers) and ammo. She never got in the way andThis game was amazing! Every moment of it was fantastic. In some parts it felt like a Bioshock game, but in other parts it didn't, but it worked! The game had an amazing story, that felt tight with fantastic gameplay. Elizabeth was a great companion, when you needed her she would help. It came in handy in battles when she threw health, salts (powers) and ammo. She never got in the way and had an amazing personality. Its really easy to get into to the characters and become attached to them. It is by far the best game I've played so far Expand
  84. Apr 13, 2013
    Never has a game so fully encapsulated my thoughts. The relationship you build with Elizabeth, the concepts behind Columbia and the story line are just incredible. The gameplay is very solid, but you almost want to ignore the FPS aspect just to follow the story. Easily one of the best games I have ever played. (If not the best.)
  85. Apr 13, 2013
    The game play may seem a little old to some, but I enjoyed it. The characters are believable, the game looks and feels great. Audio and voice acting are top notch as well.
  86. Apr 13, 2013
    While it isn't exactly the spearhead its predecessor was way back in 2007, Bioshock: Infinite does right by the Bioshock brandname. The art direction is still there, the delicately crafted musical score is there, the combat is responsive and much improved. I still very much prefer the original Bioshock, and wish Infinite had more scares and RPG elements like its predecessor; but evenWhile it isn't exactly the spearhead its predecessor was way back in 2007, Bioshock: Infinite does right by the Bioshock brandname. The art direction is still there, the delicately crafted musical score is there, the combat is responsive and much improved. I still very much prefer the original Bioshock, and wish Infinite had more scares and RPG elements like its predecessor; but even having said that, this game holds up against unreasonable hype and expectations. Buy this game. Ken Levine and the folks at Irrational are doing right by gamers and we need to do right by them. The only thing that sucks about Bioshock: Infinite is its release means we will have to wait another five years to play another game of this ilk. Expand
  87. Apr 12, 2013
    this game is amazing from start to finish great gameplay amazing story good combat good variety of enemies one of the best games I've ever played irrational games does it again
  88. Apr 12, 2013
    I would say this is a great game, but it is not better than original bioshock. I only used like 4 of the vigors, because the others werent really necessary. The story is also rather confusing especially at the end; but it was still enjoyable. The enemies were pretty generic for a bioshock game; except for the handyman, patriot and raven guy; but mostly it's a typical fps shooter withI would say this is a great game, but it is not better than original bioshock. I only used like 4 of the vigors, because the others werent really necessary. The story is also rather confusing especially at the end; but it was still enjoyable. The enemies were pretty generic for a bioshock game; except for the handyman, patriot and raven guy; but mostly it's a typical fps shooter with humans and guns. The guns were also plain imo, whats the difference between machine gun and repeater? The color, and name. The fact you can only carry 2 weapons was also a turn off for me. However this game is beautiful, and the gameplay is fantastic; just feel that this game was a little overhyped. Expand
  89. Apr 11, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a beautiful game. With a complex story and wonderful graphics, it keeps you guessing at what comes next. This is a great example of where the video game industry should be going.
  90. Apr 11, 2013
    Well considering the everything everyone has already ran over here with their smug giant ass in head Winnebagos, I will just go ahead and say it. I agree with thems alls! I will say that the original Bioshock kicked the living poop out of me for some time, an I always felt starved for ammo and on the edge. Here it is not the case, which for a fraidy cat is really nice. I like feelingWell considering the everything everyone has already ran over here with their smug giant ass in head Winnebagos, I will just go ahead and say it. I agree with thems alls! I will say that the original Bioshock kicked the living poop out of me for some time, an I always felt starved for ammo and on the edge. Here it is not the case, which for a fraidy cat is really nice. I like feeling challenged but comfortable enough that I know I can get ammo when I need it if I have the Jing. Beautiful beyond words is the world that you are thrust into, I was in awe from the first moment. Tried showing it to my Fiance who is religious, did not go over well... D: Imagine that. But the Symbolism inherent to works like these is thick and the iconography is just glorious. People will always complain about this or that not being what they had hoped, not enough, or too much. But the reality is, Irrational really did us a service with this one. I would have liked to see more interaction with Songbird early on, maybe a decent battle, or something physical. I was pleased with how the character was used. Elizabeth was fantastic and I found myself emotionally interested in her more than I expected to. As a parent you inherently feel more for how Children play in power scenarios. Some levels really seemed like the team went "OK we have all these ambitions, and only 80% funding and time in which to execute them" and it does feel a bit constricted. But it's great really, the weapons have gotten much more exciting than the first bioshock, and that for me was a major point of improvement that was noticeable. I ran with the Sniper rifle and Carbine as I love ranged engagements. I upgraded shock jockey and that ended up being very useful. I took one point off for an ending that I felt could have offered more in which to do with a scenario it was afforded through the complex story. Enjoy! Expand
  91. Apr 11, 2013
    Definitely was worth the wait. Bioshock Infinite is a beautifully crafted video game with breathtaking visuals and massive scope. It also has an engaging story that will keep you intrigued till the end of the game. With well written dialogue, the banter between the main characters are believable and fun. Varied gameplay elements and different in gaming mechanics makes this a joy to playDefinitely was worth the wait. Bioshock Infinite is a beautifully crafted video game with breathtaking visuals and massive scope. It also has an engaging story that will keep you intrigued till the end of the game. With well written dialogue, the banter between the main characters are believable and fun. Varied gameplay elements and different in gaming mechanics makes this a joy to play from start to finish. Definitively a GOTY contender. Expand
  92. Apr 9, 2013
    9.5/10
    9.5/10
    A masterpiece of a game. The story is gripping. Just like in the first Bioshock, upon replaying the game, your perspective will be very altered. On top of that, Elizabeth is just a very well-designed character with an impressive AI. She assists during combat and does a ton of casual things like inspecting objects when you're idle. The combat is simple, yet sophisticated. Trigger happy people will simply fire away, but the keen player will decide upon the best weapons, vigors, and tears to use, and will keep a lookout for environmental hazards and scattered, powerful weapons to use. The setting is stunning. Columbia is a far more interesting place than Rapture in terms of aesthetics and dystopian themes. Rapture was just full of Adam addicts. Here you get racism, poverty, oppression, and civil war. But optional objectives detract from the experience with predictable rewards. Sure, upgrades to your shield, health, and salt capacity are useful, but the gear (buff-granting equipment) is so disappointing in effects that you won't really bother with them. Pure exploration, though, is a joy. You'll be scouring every location to unearth background-providing Voxophones and currency to upgrade your guns and vigors. All in all, get this game. You won't regret it.
  93. Apr 9, 2013
    Infinite plays around with many different concepts and themes as far reaching as Religion and Science. Yet it's these kinds of hard hitting issues that define Bioshock. The denizens of the squalid underwater utopia and this supposed haven in the sky, encases the protagonists in worlds that are disposed of egalitarianism. Bioshock Infinite is a remarkably presented game, with great ideasInfinite plays around with many different concepts and themes as far reaching as Religion and Science. Yet it's these kinds of hard hitting issues that define Bioshock. The denizens of the squalid underwater utopia and this supposed haven in the sky, encases the protagonists in worlds that are disposed of egalitarianism. Bioshock Infinite is a remarkably presented game, with great ideas and an ambiguous yet sentimental ending. The combat has you dicing between weapons and vigors, (a consumable alternative to plasmids) which have multiple varients such as Undertow- which is a short spray of liquid which can primarily fling targets away from you. The secondary usages of these vigors are usually trap based, and are meant to take out multiple hostiles at once. Enemy types are a little unimpressive, with face painted vox populi figures and big-daddy-like suited mercenaries taking most screen time. Encounters with the hulking Handymen and the Boy of Silence are miniscule, though there are quite a few fireman battles. Each of these are an ample test of your abilities to wield the vigors and plasmids, and are great enemies for experimentation. Your lifebar is much longer now, so you won't constantly be returning to chambers each time you die, and Elizabeth is great at gifting items that she finds, whilst staying out of sight of the enemy. Though it is a little odd that she gifts you so many coins. It's also a shame that there is no backtracking for collectibles, but the story and characters anchor the experience, which is the right approach. In the end Infinite completely delivers on the immersion and the care which lifts Bioshock above generic shooter status. Expand
  94. Apr 9, 2013
    There aren't enough words or review that can tell you how good this game is, but if some word is close to describe it is masterpiece, easily, one of the best games out there right now, is one of those games that always amaze you and you never want to finish it because every fragment of the game is awsome.
    The ability to make you feel the plot, the identified you feel with Booker is
    The ability to make you feel the plot, the identified you feel with Booker is something that no other game had transmited me before.
    The music, artistical design, the environments fit perfectly to the situation.
    I'm not gonna say that the gameplay mechanichs are amazing because maybe are a bit simple, but they are fun as hell and the made their goal because I haven't experience myself that tedious moment in other games of here are enemies", they probably should change the vigors and weapon enhancements to make them more fluid, I didn't change my vigors because I had the maxed and same with the weapons, that isn't bad either, but in some places I felt that I wanted to use other weapon or vigor and I realise that was a bad idea because they weren't leveled, but, as I say, the combat is very fun despite being a bit simple.
    The A.I (Elizabeth) is the best partneryou can find in an game,she reacts to the environment, she interacts with it, she speaks you acordingly to the situation, simply amazing.
    Congratulations to Ken Levin and his team, I can count with my fingers the games that I think they deserve a 10/10 and this is one of them.
  95. Apr 9, 2013
    Game lost in gameplay and difficulty, but has become more adult story, more action and, of course, Elizabeth. She the central figure in the narrative and the post as she is alive, she is alive responds to the world around you is looking for supplies. Enemies behave quite adequately, shame that still kill them easily. However postoanovochne fights, plasmids, their sequencing, and razlchnoeGame lost in gameplay and difficulty, but has become more adult story, more action and, of course, Elizabeth. She the central figure in the narrative and the post as she is alive, she is alive responds to the world around you is looking for supplies. Enemies behave quite adequately, shame that still kill them easily. However postoanovochne fights, plasmids, their sequencing, and razlchnoe weapons and great action in the battles will not be bored. Expand
  96. Apr 8, 2013
    This game was quite enjoyable. Graphics, music*, gameplay, etc.; all were amazing. My only issues with the game: no user-save feature, only auto-save. I'm not a big believer in having to get to a spot to save, especially as an adult-gamer with life going on. And the "book marks" save about 1,000 different times throughout the game. A little bit too much data action. And music-wise, someThis game was quite enjoyable. Graphics, music*, gameplay, etc.; all were amazing. My only issues with the game: no user-save feature, only auto-save. I'm not a big believer in having to get to a spot to save, especially as an adult-gamer with life going on. And the "book marks" save about 1,000 different times throughout the game. A little bit too much data action. And music-wise, some areas could use a bit more diverse music, not a big gripe. I'd like to give this game a 9.9 overall. Definitely worth anyone's time and money. Expand
  97. Apr 8, 2013
    BioShock Infinite was a game that I was extremely hyped for when it was first announced and it has finally arrived. Was it worth the wait? Yes, if you have not played this game yet I highly suggest you do so. Its a game that is a must buy for any die hard gamer. It features some of the best characters, and storyline in a video game to date and it cannot be missed by anyone.
  98. Apr 8, 2013
    Yes i will agree with anyone who will say this is a very good game, cause frankly it is, but there are some down sides, i feel for a game that took so long to make it should be allot longer than 8 hours, yes it may be 8 hours of great game play but it is too short for the price tag of £40 considering no multi-player has been added.I also thing the powers in this game are very pointless andYes i will agree with anyone who will say this is a very good game, cause frankly it is, but there are some down sides, i feel for a game that took so long to make it should be allot longer than 8 hours, yes it may be 8 hours of great game play but it is too short for the price tag of £40 considering no multi-player has been added.I also thing the powers in this game are very pointless and do not make any sense in the games settings, also why do only your character use them considering they are heavily advertised around new Columbia. But on the good side it does have good game play and possibly the best ending in a game I have ever seen, Elizabeth is also a very good character and the fact that the story is centred around her works very well. Due to al of this i believe it deserves an 8, I also believe it only got a 10 from alot of people was due to it being a Bioshock game. Expand
  99. Apr 8, 2013
    There are no spoilers in this review. If you enjoy games with fun gameplay along with a great soundtrack, great graphics, and an outstanding story, then this is a must play. I just completed the game and I'm going to start playing it again in a higher difficulty. I would suggest to those experienced FPS gamers to play this in the hard difficulty setting. I would also recommend to peopleThere are no spoilers in this review. If you enjoy games with fun gameplay along with a great soundtrack, great graphics, and an outstanding story, then this is a must play. I just completed the game and I'm going to start playing it again in a higher difficulty. I would suggest to those experienced FPS gamers to play this in the hard difficulty setting. I would also recommend to people who haven't played the first bioshock to play it before playing infinite. I would imagine that experienced gamers would complete this in 8 hours; however, to fully enjoy this game I would recommend exploring the city as much as possible (it took me about 20 hours to complete this game). In my opinion this game has a great replay value because of two main reasons: the gameplay and the story. There are several different ways of eliminating enemies and also, a second playthrough would help you understand/appreciate the story.

I consider this game to be one of my top favorite games of all time (right next to the Metal Gear Solid series).
  100. Apr 7, 2013
    At first Bioshock Infinite seems like Bioshock with a new coat of paint, and for the most part that is correct, the game plays very similar with similar ideas and weapons and characters, this time your plasmids are called vigors,there is a city and there is a man that leads it with radical ideas. The real excitement comes at the end when everything gets explained the rapture/columbiaAt first Bioshock Infinite seems like Bioshock with a new coat of paint, and for the most part that is correct, the game plays very similar with similar ideas and weapons and characters, this time your plasmids are called vigors,there is a city and there is a man that leads it with radical ideas. The real excitement comes at the end when everything gets explained the rapture/columbia connection, the elizabeth/booker connection, and the connection between booker/comstock/elizabeth. If it seems like the game is dragging on and you just want to give up keep hanging in there and finish it, it is totally worth it. Expand

1. May 27, 2013
    In an infinite universe, anything can happen, but in Infinite's, the specifics are what get you.
  2. Play UK
    Apr 23, 2013
    One of those rare games that speaks to the player on a personal, emotional level with a thought-provoking, mature storyline set in one of the most amazing worlds conceived in a game. Plus, it's a wonderful FPS with deep, tactical combat. Essential. [Issue#230, p.66]
  3. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Apr 22, 2013
    Multiple dimensions and a clever scenario with a surprise around every corner make it difficult for us to explain our enthusiasm without spoiling the story. Only the extended ghost chase (literally) halfway through the game drags on a bit too long. [April 2013, p.74]