BioShock Infinite PlayStation 3

8.5

1. Apr 6, 2013
    Ill keep this short and sweet: Awesome game. Can't wait to play it again. Believe the hype. GOTY candidate for sure. Super fun shooter with a gripping story and beautiful graphics. If you love video games get this!
  2. Apr 6, 2013
    just a flawless game amazing story excellent graphics and amazing gameplay i dont have anything else to say its that amazing :D when i first saw the trailer my mind was blown due to awesomeness this might be the 2013 GOTY unless if The Last Of Us impresses me or if Yakuza 5 come out worldwide this year
  3. Apr 6, 2013
    This game is probably the best game ive ever played. The combat and storyline in this game are legendary!!! Bioshock Infinite is a MUST OWN! Buy it now!
  4. Apr 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Bioshock infinite is simply outstanding from the jaw dropping beginning to the jaw dropping end. I personally didn't think the irrational team to make a game that was anywhere near as good as the original.
    Wow was I in for a treat. I just loved the way it drew you in from the beginning and set up the world. Bioshock was a walk through hell in it's opening moments where Columbia is a walk through heaven.
    That is until you make your way to the raffle and see the prize on offer. That moment is genuinely shocking and it's all credit to the irrational team that they never sugarcoated this moment as this is what sets up the game and it's when the action starts in earnest.
  5. Apr 5, 2013
    Combat is solid and the skylines make for a great amount of fun. The animations, voice acting and sound might be the best overall we have ever seen in a game before. The story is sound and interesting. Must buy.
  6. Apr 5, 2013
    Not since Resident Evil 4, have I been this anxious to replay a game, and it was this second
    playthrough that absolutely convinced me that Bioshock Infinite is a modern classic.Cerebral
    and intriguing, the gripping, suspenseful story is hauntingly memorable.Though the combat was great fun, I couldn't help but wish that enemy AI had been more challenging and varied with perhaps a
    with perhaps a greater stealth component. Still, a diamond of a game that truly resonates.
  7. Apr 5, 2013
    This is everything we hoped it would be and more. Far exceeded my expectations. Those giving it a low score need to take a good hard look at what they're implying by giving this game a 0 or 2 etc. Infinite is far above the maximum score of 10 we're allowed to give.
  8. Apr 5, 2013
    Absolutely phenomenal game. From the very beginning you can tell the story will be very deep and involved and that would be a correct assumption. The gameplay is on another level from anything i've ever played. From flying through the sky with full control of combat options without any kind of apparent processing or graphical hiccups, to keeping classic Bioshock elements such asAbsolutely phenomenal game. From the very beginning you can tell the story will be very deep and involved and that would be a correct assumption. The gameplay is on another level from anything i've ever played. From flying through the sky with full control of combat options without any kind of apparent processing or graphical hiccups, to keeping classic Bioshock elements such as "plasmids," Infinite delivers without disappointment.

Those rating this game low, while I acknowledge everyone is entitled to their own opinion, must have unsatisfiable expectations for their games and I would personally like to know what they consider even an "8" because in every way, shape and form, Infinite is far above any numerical rating provided by Metacritic.
  9. Apr 4, 2013
    This game. Is so intense. So mind blowing. This is, at least for me one of the BEST games of this generation. Anyone who rated under 9 probably didn't get the ending, because they didn't take their time exploring Columbia, finding hints about what the heck is actually going on. So much emotion, so many feels. This is a MUST OWN.
  10. Apr 3, 2013
    I just have 4 words to describe this game: Oh... My....Fu...God.

The game takes some risk at some of its gameplay design, but the whole game takes that problem and make it to something easy and good!
  11. Apr 3, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is a well made game with a ending that will BLOW YOUR MIND. It made my jaw down ten clicks down to earth. It is a must buy.
  12. Apr 2, 2013
    Ken Levine and company amaze once again in this installment of BioShock. They did an excellent job in flushing out the characters, especially Elizabeth. She reminded me of Belle from Beauty and the Beast my favorite Disney movie which increased my desire to protect her. That being said, you don't actually have to protect her. In combat she doesn't take damage and never gets focused byKen Levine and company amaze once again in this installment of BioShock. They did an excellent job in flushing out the characters, especially Elizabeth. She reminded me of Belle from Beauty and the Beast my favorite Disney movie which increased my desire to protect her. That being said, you don't actually have to protect her. In combat she doesn't take damage and never gets focused by enemies. It certainly makes the game easier as she runs around freely finding you ammo, salts, and health as you fight without having to worry of her getting killed. Personally I would have liked to make her more part of each battle and scenario, creating that need/want to ensure her safety much like TWD: The Game did with Clem. That aside the writers did exceptionally well making me care for her regardless. It's nice to finally see a big title game with a superbly crafted story (the ending is mind blowing, in my opinion). Where as so many big companies with movies and games (i. e. Blizzard) give the story a back seat in favor of flashy cinematics and graphics. Personally I want a rich story where I give a damn what's happening to the people and things inside that world. I cannot stress enough how BioShock Infinite succeeds in that. The gameplay itself is fun using magic and guns to take down your enemies and the introduction of the skylines are a nice new mechanic, certainly no complaints there either. With promised DLC coming and the season pass already in store (you get added goodies for signing up early) this is how games should be done. I can't wait to see what the season pass brings to the table in this astonishing world. Woo! Play this game! Expand
  13. Apr 2, 2013
    I have never written a review for a game before but this game warrants another 10 and I felt compelled to give it. All I can say is wow. The ending to this game is among the best I've ever experienced in gaming. It is on par and even surpasses most big hollywood films. If you were into movies like Inception or Shutter Island, you will love this game! The gameplay is fun and veryI have never written a review for a game before but this game warrants another 10 and I felt compelled to give it. All I can say is wow. The ending to this game is among the best I've ever experienced in gaming. It is on par and even surpasses most big hollywood films. If you were into movies like Inception or Shutter Island, you will love this game! The gameplay is fun and very chaotic, which I happened to enjoy. However this game is more about story than gameplay. The only way I could see anybody not liking this game would be if they prefer spoon fed stories with little thinking required (sadly these types of games make up the majority of the industry). It may very well go down as the defining game for this generation! Do your self a favor and play it! Expand
  14. Apr 2, 2013
    Having waited for this game for nearly 3 years i had a-lot of expectations pressuring this game. but unlike uncharted 3 i was not disappointed. living up to the amazing story telling you would expect from irrational games, infinite is a truly moving story. most notably for me is the brilliance in the AI. enemies will chase you around the sky and flank you on your cover giving the game aHaving waited for this game for nearly 3 years i had a-lot of expectations pressuring this game. but unlike uncharted 3 i was not disappointed. living up to the amazing story telling you would expect from irrational games, infinite is a truly moving story. most notably for me is the brilliance in the AI. enemies will chase you around the sky and flank you on your cover giving the game a more hurried and desperate fighting scene. but the game evens out with an amazing AI partner. steering away from the usual robotic stuck in a corner, cannot continue until they move nuisance. the game brings a natural feeling and helpful character, allowing the game to move fluidly and add a new energy to combat.

But the game is not without its faults. despite being branded a Bioshock game, the game felt alienated from the previous installments. the vigors (plasmids) felt unearned when they where simply found about, instead of saving precious ADAM to purchase. every encounter with enemies was forced, unlike the careful decision to upset a big daddy for the chance of gaining resources. and even adding a voice to the main protagonist shifted this great game from its original feeling. but the most important change was the addition of magic. for me an unwelcome change to the world of Bioshock. these tears in reality being opened by a girl made the game too surreal. previous Bioshock games maintained a fantasy element but grounded it in an unseen science. it was believably unbelievable. giving a possible scientific outcome when great minds work together free from government control, but no such explanation was given in infinite.

despite the differences from its underwater brothers this game is still amazing. an evolution in story telling i wish more games would adapt. and when considered on its own is clearly a game to remember.
  15. Apr 1, 2013
    While I expected to see a few negative reviews, I didn't quite expect to see so many. The worse part is that multiples of them are in regards to the mechanics. Oh the mechanics in this game are awesome, it is a full fleshed shooter in every-way, upgrades, weapon mods. It uses the firefight mechanic which some people like and some people don't the problem is peoples that even though thisWhile I expected to see a few negative reviews, I didn't quite expect to see so many. The worse part is that multiples of them are in regards to the mechanics. Oh the mechanics in this game are awesome, it is a full fleshed shooter in every-way, upgrades, weapon mods. It uses the firefight mechanic which some people like and some people don't the problem is peoples that even though this game has great mechanics and game play, it isn't what the game is about.

To those lobbing such complaints, it is akin to complaining that "there will be blood" doesn't have as much action as Die Hard and therefore it sucks... but alas this review isn't about the confused individuals giving a masterpiece a low score because it isn't being what it never pretends to be.

This is about success. They finally did it. This is a game for us, for the book nerds who always wanted to step inside a novel, who have always fantasized about a perfect merge of film and game. This is a middle finger to those who said it couldn't be done.

No 20 minute (movie) cut scenes, no cringe worthy mitten handed protagonists having graphical seizures while spouting lines that appear to have been written by a 3rd grade student.

Subtlety emotion, depth, humor, beautiful environments and main characters that drawn you in as well as some of the best novels and movies of our time. You will cry, you will laugh. You will want more, oh you will want more... and that perhaps is the only problem its so short, and i do feel a little ripped at 10 hours, but i understand... this could have been a dead space drag on, with the floor falling through every time you almost reach your objective. I almost thought they were going to go that route, but they didn't ,they made a masterpiece. if you haven't yet Just go experience it.
  16. Apr 1, 2013
    I have played tons of games, probably more than 99% of the people my age and I can say without a doubt in mind that this is one of the most beautifully crafted stories I've ever played. Elizabeth is probably the strongest performance I've seen in at least 10 years for a female character and Booker is probably just as good. The ending comes out of nowhere and I can promise you, you will notI have played tons of games, probably more than 99% of the people my age and I can say without a doubt in mind that this is one of the most beautifully crafted stories I've ever played. Elizabeth is probably the strongest performance I've seen in at least 10 years for a female character and Booker is probably just as good. The ending comes out of nowhere and I can promise you, you will not see the twist coming.

Shooting mechanics are improved from the previous games and are right up there with other first person shooters but some of the other game play variables are just a little off. For example, I feel the skyhook was misused and I feel a couple of the special abilities were useless or repetitive. Elizabeth's ability to bring tears into combat felt underwhelming and I don't think they capitalized fully with this opportunity

These couple qualms though are easily overlook because the story, characters and environment are simply amazing. I can't believe how close I felt to Booker and Elizabeth and I can't believe how shocked I was when I saw the ending. This is a MUST PLAY.
  17. Apr 1, 2013
    A game such as this comes once in a generation, and very few times in a lifetime. True Master craft worked with the biggest love and attention, from music to visuals, it was an incredible pleasure. The story in particular is the work of genius, it will have you thinking for days after you've finished it. Never has a game had such an incredible story and characters that can stir some deepA game such as this comes once in a generation, and very few times in a lifetime. True Master craft worked with the biggest love and attention, from music to visuals, it was an incredible pleasure. The story in particular is the work of genius, it will have you thinking for days after you've finished it. Never has a game had such an incredible story and characters that can stir some deep emotions inside of you. Thank you Irrational. Unforgettable. Expand
  18. Apr 1, 2013
    First off I would like to ask what is up with all of these gamers downing this game? this game is pure
    genius in every sense of the word. Ken Levine really created a masterpiece and in my opinion surpassed the original in everyway. I believe that this is probably one of the greatest games ever to be released. The story aspect of this game is flawless you can tell that the developers really wanted to get the gamer to think at the end and it delivers I have never been so impressed with such a story. Next is gameplay I see from a lot of reviews people complaining about silly things like lock picking personally I thought that by having Elizabeth contribute to certain things such as that and giving ammo, salts, etc.. really gave the game some real depth and also added a connection with her which rarely happens nowadays. I personally think that irrational games gave the gamer solid responsive gameplay an epic over the top action and story driven experience that should NOT be missed by anyone who calls themselves a gamer.
  19. Apr 1, 2013
    Full immersion which pulls you in and drains you of your emotions and excitement, all at the same time. Single player storytelling with NPC's has moved on with this game and that is what makes this game so special to me. It is a FPS though at heart, yet it has never pretended to be otherwise, that is why it has Bioshock in the title to tell you that. Well worth the wait. Thank you soFull immersion which pulls you in and drains you of your emotions and excitement, all at the same time. Single player storytelling with NPC's has moved on with this game and that is what makes this game so special to me. It is a FPS though at heart, yet it has never pretended to be otherwise, that is why it has Bioshock in the title to tell you that. Well worth the wait. Thank you so much for this gaming experience. Expand
  20. Apr 1, 2013
    It has the same problems that have hindered past installments of the Bioshock franchise, at some point you're just too powerful. The addition of Elizabeth constantly bailing you out of jams makes planning and restraint irrelevant. You can tear through the enemy set pieces knowing there's no way they can really stop you and if they do you can squash them on a second wind type go round. ThatIt has the same problems that have hindered past installments of the Bioshock franchise, at some point you're just too powerful. The addition of Elizabeth constantly bailing you out of jams makes planning and restraint irrelevant. You can tear through the enemy set pieces knowing there's no way they can really stop you and if they do you can squash them on a second wind type go round. That having been said the ending is just amazing. This will be the high water mark of gaming story-telling for years to come. Ken Levine and the writers at Irrational Games should be applauded (they will) for another stellar script. If the last few levels didn't have the feeling of a tedious grind this would be a perfect game. Buy it, borrow it, do what you have to do but PLAY THIS GAME there is nothing like it, and there won't be anything like it for a long time. Expand
  21. Apr 1, 2013
    Ken Levine is a champion of this medium. I’ve been touting him as such since he wrote the wonderfully memorable Bioshock, released six years ago in 2007; and whether he simply stumbles into his genius accidentally due to excellence in execution, or realizes his fresh, poignant plot devices through an exorcise in intended intellect, it is no matter. No one does what he’s able to do.Ken Levine is a champion of this medium. I’ve been touting him as such since he wrote the wonderfully memorable Bioshock, released six years ago in 2007; and whether he simply stumbles into his genius accidentally due to excellence in execution, or realizes his fresh, poignant plot devices through an exorcise in intended intellect, it is no matter. No one does what he’s able to do. Levine, twice now, has profoundly changed the way we view and discuss plot in video games. He understands the interactive component of the medium so well, his incorporation of it into his stories is foremost in his telling, and are deft to say the least.

Never in my professional career have I awarded a perfect score to any game I’ve ever reviewed. Not at GameFan, and not here, at ++Good Games. Finally a game takes that honor, and Bioshock Infinite is it. I couldn’t be happier to award it to Mr. Levine, and his band of hard working developers. His brand of story telling is something I aspire to in my own writing career.

I could take up this entire space discussing plot, but since you, you know, PLAY video games, I’ll start with the controls and mechanics… which are, honestly, pretty tried and true. It feels like Bioshock, and that’s to say it feels like a first person shooter with a great deal of diversity in how you choose to tackle any given situation. There is a wide array of standard weapons, from pistols to shotguns, rocket launchers to bolt action assault rifles, as well as some additional unconventional weapons that are not entirely realistic, but fit the setting as well the Heater is a single blast weapon that lights people on fire; like if a shotgun and a flame-thrower had children, but nothing too outlandish. The “magical powers,” and the equivalent of Plasmids, are called Tonics. Tonics all operate in the same way, either a single press to produce a targeted effect, or a held press to toss a trap on the ground. This is a good move away from the trap-only Plasmids (Cyclone Trap, Target Dummy) of the original game, and it gave Irrational more room to give us some interesting abilities. For example, Return to Sender allows you to catch all incoming bullets and toss them back as an explosive, and Undertow allows you to lasso an enemy, and reel him in, MK Scorpion-style, to deliver a much more intimate killing blow. There are the staple fireballs and electric bolts, but there’s some keen base-broadening when it comes to gameplay… but not too broad. And the sound that’s incorporated into combat is amazing. Fast, random violin chords every time you unleash Murder of Crows; a violent single BANG on a piano when you connect with your skyhook.

Speaking of the skyhook, the wrench/drill issue has been handily taken care of. Previously, in both Bioshock and Bioshock 2, your melee weapon was far too powerful. Even in Bioshock 2, when an attempt was made at balancing melee combat by introducing the fuel requirements on your drill, it didn’t really work. Even without fuel, the drill was still the best weapon in the game. You could go thump-thump-thumping to your heart’s content, with little to no consequences. If you try to melee everyone to death in Infinite, however, you WILL die. The game throws scores of enemies at you all at once, and if you expose yourself to get in for a skyhook decapitation, the rest of the pack will cut you down, and swiftly at that. Even on the normal difficulty setting it’s no joke. Verdict: 10/10 ++Good Does the game have its issues? Certainly, but I cannot overlook my own feelings of surprise, awe, and satisfaction when the dust had settled. I felt completely contented when it was all over. Everything promised by Irrational up to release was made good on, and I was left wanting for nothing. Every time Mr. Levine gets involved, he pushes forward what we’re to expect as players, as well as what we previously thought was narritively possible as an industry. Buy this one. It is, in a word, perfect.
  22. Apr 1, 2013
    Wow! This is a fantastic game that improves the gameplay aspect of the first (controls especially). Colombia is every bit as interesting as Rapture and begs to explored. More open spaces and vertical gameplay allow new approaches to combat unique for Bioshock. The story and graphics are equal to the first game, so it's a matter of individual preference. The really stand-out is your AIWow! This is a fantastic game that improves the gameplay aspect of the first (controls especially). Colombia is every bit as interesting as Rapture and begs to explored. More open spaces and vertical gameplay allow new approaches to combat unique for Bioshock. The story and graphics are equal to the first game, so it's a matter of individual preference. The really stand-out is your AI buddy Elizabeth. You'll want to help Liz escape and she doesn't whine to the point of annoying or interfere with your play.

The bad which keeps this game from a perfect 10 is AI of average foot soldiers. Sometime, you'll be able to escape rushing enemies by moving into a new room. They will not chase you past certain points and just turn around and walk back. Their lack of smarts is compensated by numbers, so think zombies.

The PS3 version comes with Bioshock 1 (12GB) so its two great games for the price of one, but I would recommend playing on a high-end PC. I can't comment on the Move aspect. It is not quite the RPG experience like Borderlands or Mass Effect 3. Trust me though, you'll enjoy this game!
  23. Mar 31, 2013
    In the first "BioShock", the main protagonist (like many FPS protagonists) was a blank slate. Nameless, voiceless, and effectively inconsequential. He was still important, sure, but his importance was owed mostly to his actions and origin rather than his personality or motivations. He was meant to be an empty vessel, and in a way, he could have been anybody. The real star was the city ofIn the first "BioShock", the main protagonist (like many FPS protagonists) was a blank slate. Nameless, voiceless, and effectively inconsequential. He was still important, sure, but his importance was owed mostly to his actions and origin rather than his personality or motivations. He was meant to be an empty vessel, and in a way, he could have been anybody. The real star was the city of Rapture and the philosophy and history within it. In "BioShock Infinite", however, it feels as though the roles have been reversed. While the flying city of Columbia is interesting and rich, by the end of the story, you realize that it really could have been any city with any philosophy and the story wouldn't have been very different. The real stars this time around are the central characters of Booker DeWitt and Elizabeth. While it does feel a waste that such an interesting setting is only explored peripherally, the focus on character in this game gives it its edge and its story is a puzzle but it doesn't sacrifice engagement in order to keep the player guessing. One of the best games ever. Expand
  24. Mar 31, 2013
    Forget Game of the Year, one of the greatest games of all-time has arrived. It doesn't push gameplay boundaries (although the gameplay is fantastic, fast and fun, with some great "playground"-style battlegrounds all throughout), the graphics aren't revolutionary (though beautiful, don't expect next-gen just yet), and the pacing is a bit off (depends on how you play, really), this is one ofForget Game of the Year, one of the greatest games of all-time has arrived. It doesn't push gameplay boundaries (although the gameplay is fantastic, fast and fun, with some great "playground"-style battlegrounds all throughout), the graphics aren't revolutionary (though beautiful, don't expect next-gen just yet), and the pacing is a bit off (depends on how you play, really), this is one of the greatest stories ever told in the annals of videogamedom. An absolute mind destroyer of storytelling, intricate and well-plotted, unforgettabel characters, a fully-relaized alternate history, and that ending! Ken Levine and the entire team at Irrational Games can retire, right now. You have my permission. Don't, please, games would suffer without you. But, have a cigar. Take a vacation. You've earned it. Expand
  25. Mar 31, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a Bioshock game, period. I know it looks different and may seem different, but a lot of the things from Bioshock are in Bioshock Infinite. While Infinite has its own look and everything, which makes it feel new and fresh, this is a Shock game through and through, so you have a mix of the familiar with something entirely new. The combat is very similar to the firstBioshock Infinite is a Bioshock game, period. I know it looks different and may seem different, but a lot of the things from Bioshock are in Bioshock Infinite. While Infinite has its own look and everything, which makes it feel new and fresh, this is a Shock game through and through, so you have a mix of the familiar with something entirely new. The combat is very similar to the first game, but guns have more of a kick this time around. Plasmids also make a comeback in the form of Vigors, which allow for a lot of variation and experimentation in combat. There's also the inclusion of sky-lines, which make some fights really exciting and frantic. I'd say the combat scenarios are an improvement from the first Bioshock. You'll also be looting the environment and corpses for money, food, salt (for Vigors), etc.

Bioshock's art direction is simply stunning. It takes a very talented art team to pull off something like Infinite, and the team at Irrational was definitely up to the task. The amount of detail in each and every environment is staggering. You'll definitely understand why this game was such an undertaking and took so many years to create when you see it in action. Then you have Elizabeth, which is one of the most realized characters in all of gaming. Elizabeth's animations and interactions are one of Infinite's many highlights.

But Bioshock Infinite is ultimately all about the narrative, which it delivers on from beginning to end. This game's story is hands down one of the best in the business, even going as far as surpassing the original Bioshock. While Bioshock was a masterpiece, its ending left a little something to be desired. But this isn't the case with Bioshock Infinite. This game has an ending that'll blow you away.
  26. Mar 31, 2013
    I'm a life-long gamer and this is the best game I've ever played. I've beaten it twice since launch and it is amazing in every aspect. Great story, characters, gameplay and pacing. If you own a system or PC that runs this game, buy it and play it.
  27. Mar 31, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Disappointed is the word I would use to describe my feeling about this game. While the game is visual beautiful, it lacks from the previous games in the franchise. To bad they did not get this game right. Not only is it the shortest of the three, it has a annoying story to follow. I found the purpose of traps with every vigor somewhat useless as majority of the environments are large in comparison to the first 2 bioshock. The story and ending was confusing at times, and I to finished the game feeling ripped off. Glad I payed for a short game with a little enjoyment in the game play. The time line seems to be short so the bond between Elizabeth and Booker is forgettable. I hate that you can carry only two guns. I looked forward to another one in the series, but this game wasn't as good, and like I said I was left feeling disappointed. Expand
  28. Mar 31, 2013
    Is it a game? Is it an art? Bioshock Infinite is right in the centre. One of the most charming visions of utopia. Realistic graphics and very good locations will make you want to stop killing and start exploring every corner- what is rewarded in goods like perks, cash and... side quests. Also AI is doing fine. Elizabeth uses surrounding her items like books, tables, benches to perform anIs it a game? Is it an art? Bioshock Infinite is right in the centre. One of the most charming visions of utopia. Realistic graphics and very good locations will make you want to stop killing and start exploring every corner- what is rewarded in goods like perks, cash and... side quests. Also AI is doing fine. Elizabeth uses surrounding her items like books, tables, benches to perform an adequate action. She stops to read a book/journal or to sit on a bench. Game mechanism is nothing new. It is the same we remember from previous Bioshocks, but it is not a problem at all- game is very entertaining. Sound effects could be better, but are not bad. Graphics 10/10
    Sound 7/10
    Entertainment 9/10
    Ambiance 10/10
    Storyline 8/10

Overall: 8,8/10
  29. Mar 30, 2013
    It begins much like the previous BioShock games, just you against the world trying to achieve a single goal, but during the rescue of Elizabeth a relationship is formed with her character that makes the ending such a surprising, poignant and emotional moment. My only negative, and quite a large one at that, would be that it was too quick to finish, even though I chose Hard mode from theIt begins much like the previous BioShock games, just you against the world trying to achieve a single goal, but during the rescue of Elizabeth a relationship is formed with her character that makes the ending such a surprising, poignant and emotional moment. My only negative, and quite a large one at that, would be that it was too quick to finish, even though I chose Hard mode from the beginning. 18 hours according to Steam, although that was over the Easter weekend so I had plenty of game time available. Yes, I could now play it in 1999 mode for it to be more difficult but, unlike the previous BioShock, this is a fixed story line and I have no wish to revisit Columbia and my relationship with Elizabeth, knowing how it will end. Expand
  30. Mar 30, 2013
    Even though I had some framerate and loading issues, this is the best game I've played so far this year and my best experience with a first person game since the last Bioshock game. Gameplay is inventive and fun, narrative is strong and well paced. Regardless of which system you play this on, this is a experience worth having.
  31. Mar 30, 2013
    Bioshock infinite is amazing. The level of detail in this game is beyond the words of a reviewer, and the story is perfect for the time we live in. This is one of the best games I have ever played
  32. Mar 30, 2013
    This game is one of the best examples that someone can give to demonstrate games can be more than just mashing buttons, games can be beautiful adventures and this game at least in my heart will always be a truly beautiful work of art. There's not one reason that i could think of on why not rate this game a 10 out 10.
    The graphics, the music, the gameplay, the story, everything is just
    The graphics, the music, the gameplay, the story, everything is just beautiful and touching even if the console version doesn't look at good as the pc or has the limitation of only using two weapons the gameplay never feels boring or repetitive even the plasmids that aren't as important as the past games they still play a big part in combat i would say even the bigger. The story can definitely become confusing but after you finish the game you will understand that the story was made for you to feel that way at that specific part of the story. In conclusion Bioshock Infinite at least in my personal view is a game that you can't really ask for more
    the graphics are spectacular in some occasions, the music is beautiful, the gameplay is smooth and addictive, and the story will keep you coming back just to see what ends up happening plus the ending is just mind blowing it even has an amazing epilogue this game will give you an experience that you don't want to miss worth every penny that the game costs and gives hope for the shooter genre.
  33. Mar 30, 2013
    I just was not that all impressed, to me it seemed like all the highlights of the game shown in trailers were really the only highlights of the game. It was fun but is not a game I could play over because the extra things to do in the game were very monotonous. I know some people love it but it just didn't do it for me, however Crysis 3 did
  34. Mar 30, 2013
    This game is so god damn good in every way and the once that giving it 4/10 but wanted to give 6/10 just to take the score down and then calling the once that giving the game 10/10 dumb on non know-ers wtf? This game is a masterpiece, and it deserves the score it's getting really! The one that is saying that there is to little weapons and plasma wtf to you too, should there be 20 guns andThis game is so god damn good in every way and the once that giving it 4/10 but wanted to give 6/10 just to take the score down and then calling the once that giving the game 10/10 dumb on non know-ers wtf? This game is a masterpiece, and it deserves the score it's getting really! The one that is saying that there is to little weapons and plasma wtf to you too, should there be 20 guns and 50 plasma to get approved it just shows that you like the game that much that you wanted more Expand
  35. Mar 30, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is definitely one of the greatest games I've played in the last few years, and I'm having a tough time discerning whether I like this better than the original or not. Even in 720p, the graphics look stunning. The controls are possibly the tightest in the entire series. The story-line is a lot more narrative than the original game, and despite the linearity never getsBioShock Infinite is definitely one of the greatest games I've played in the last few years, and I'm having a tough time discerning whether I like this better than the original or not. Even in 720p, the graphics look stunning. The controls are possibly the tightest in the entire series. The story-line is a lot more narrative than the original game, and despite the linearity never gets boring. To give this game any negative reviews because of its lack of multiplayer is to deny what should be the greatest part of any game experience like this: A solid campaign that makes the player want to pick up their controller to play again. If anything, the game could have used a bit more length. However, at the same time there is so much to see in the virtual game world of Columbia that additional content might not be necessary for a little while.

In short, everyone who considers themselves a gamer should find some way to play BioShock Infinite, because it's definitely Game of the Year material.
  36. Mar 30, 2013
    Infinite meets all of my expectations, luckily, and pushes the FPS genre forward in terms of narrative and gameplay with ease. I've never been a huge fan of the FPS genre as I feel that(making exceptions for games like Bioshock and Crysis) the genre as a whole has not pushed forward in the same ways as what other genres have. Luckily Infinite proves me to be wrong. The story draws you in,Infinite meets all of my expectations, luckily, and pushes the FPS genre forward in terms of narrative and gameplay with ease. I've never been a huge fan of the FPS genre as I feel that(making exceptions for games like Bioshock and Crysis) the genre as a whole has not pushed forward in the same ways as what other genres have. Luckily Infinite proves me to be wrong. The story draws you in, keeping you invested without the need of any cheesy cliches, and meets the same standard as what you would hope for a Bioshock sequel. The relationship between you and every other character is constantly changing and keeping fresh. But its not until you meet Elizabeth that the game becomes more than just a great game, it becomes a classic. In terms of story it becomes interesting, but its the gameplay that really benefits from her. Tears become a massive part of the gameplay, just as much as the super-powered vigors, making the battle feel like its constantly changing and becoming more complex. This also is in favor to the enemy types which are impressive as they range in difficulty making you often on edge throughout fights. This becomes more apparent when you consider the sound design as well, which is beyond impressive. Overall this game is an instant classic with plenty of replay value. Expand
  37. Mar 30, 2013
    okay to start. Whoever thinks this game is bad, they should put their controller down, hang a noose from the ceiling, and hang themselves. clearly you guys are haters and have no idea what you're talking about. The people who probably think this game is bad, still think sports games are "games"; they are simulators. this game will go down in video game history.the graphics, story andokay to start. Whoever thinks this game is bad, they should put their controller down, hang a noose from the ceiling, and hang themselves. clearly you guys are haters and have no idea what you're talking about. The people who probably think this game is bad, still think sports games are "games"; they are simulators. this game will go down in video game history.the graphics, story and gameplay are all spot on and have no flaws. I'll be the first 1 to say that's the second Bioshock sucked, but this is truly an amazing game that all should have the pleasure to enjoy. Expand
  38. Mar 29, 2013
    This is a very interesting game. Essentially, the game play is really nothing new. Its a straightforward shooter. You can only have two guns at any one time, and the powers that you get are not overly imaginative. If it weren't for the story, the game would just be a solid shooter. It is the story that really sets this game apart however. The ending sent me reeling, and I was hookedThis is a very interesting game. Essentially, the game play is really nothing new. Its a straightforward shooter. You can only have two guns at any one time, and the powers that you get are not overly imaginative. If it weren't for the story, the game would just be a solid shooter. It is the story that really sets this game apart however. The ending sent me reeling, and I was hooked throughout the entire ride. The game makes you invested in finding and listening to the collectibles, to extract as much as you can from the story. I won't spoil anything, but it really gets you thinking. Its quite a ride.

I don't think that the game is perfect like others have suggested, they definitely could have made the game play more innovative, but its good at what it does.

Make no mistake, the game is good based on its own game play merits, but the narrative takes the game to a whole new level. Something very unique in Bioshock Infinite.
  39. Mar 29, 2013
    No words can describe how good this game story is, all I can say is you must buy this game it will blow your mind and will leave you questioning "did that really just happen"
  40. Mar 29, 2013
    Completely amazing game. The story is great and Elizabeth is the most relatable video game character I've ever come across. She's not just another NPC that you drag around, she's a person who you get to know. She helps you out in battle, she talks to you, she relates with you. Elizabeth makes this game.

The only (minor) qualm I have with this game is the saving system. You can only load your most recent checkpoint, and there's no clear indication of when that was. You can't quicksave or quickload, and you can't save previous saves. This prevents you from going back to re-do an area differently or to make a different decision without outright playing the game again.

All in all, an amazing experience.
  41. Mar 29, 2013
    An amazing game, the story is the best thing in it. It's like you're reading this great book and you just cant wait to see what will happened in the end, and believe me it will blow your mind.
    You don't judge a book by its cover or the print quality (graphics,action,stealth etc..) you judge it by it's story and this one will pull you in and you'll want more.
  42. Mar 29, 2013
    It's good, really good, but I can't get away from the feeling that the original bioshock was longer, more atmospheric, had a clearer and more coherent story and was overall a better game. I'd most definitely recommend it but, well, I'm sorry to say that after a 2 year wait I was expecting.... More.....
  43. Mar 29, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is an instant classic. It may look different than the underwater utopia of Rapture that we have all come to know and love, but Columbia has its own charm. It's interesting to walk around and take in the sights or just explore the floating city in the clouds. The streets are full of life and personality. The colors are bright and vivid, the visuals are spectacular.Bioshock Infinite is an instant classic. It may look different than the underwater utopia of Rapture that we have all come to know and love, but Columbia has its own charm. It's interesting to walk around and take in the sights or just explore the floating city in the clouds. The streets are full of life and personality. The colors are bright and vivid, the visuals are spectacular. Bioshock as a series sets itself apart though its compelling narrative and themes, Infinite remains true to the series. The combat is fun and the new vigors are fun to use, however I miss the weapon wheel from the previous titles. There's not much else to say without spoiling the experience so just go buy it and enjoy! Expand
  44. Mar 29, 2013
    FANTASTIC game. In all my years of gaming this easily takes the cake as one of the best games I've ever played. Fun fighting mechanics as well as an addicting story always craving more. The scripting of this game is incredible! If I could, I'd give it an 11/10 I would.
  45. Mar 29, 2013
    This was a brilliant masterpiece of a game! Definitely made it into my top ten favorite video games of all time. I seriously do not understand how somebody could hate this game (and I am sure all the people who wrote bad reviews are the classic stick up your butt hate the world kids). Finally, something to break free from the mediocrity that has become gaming. I am torn because I lovedThis was a brilliant masterpiece of a game! Definitely made it into my top ten favorite video games of all time. I seriously do not understand how somebody could hate this game (and I am sure all the people who wrote bad reviews are the classic stick up your butt hate the world kids). Finally, something to break free from the mediocrity that has become gaming. I am torn because I loved BioShock 1 but I almost like Infinite more. The story is so complex and so awesome that I couldn't even believe it. It inspired me to create a metacritic account just to show support for the game in some way. The fighting and the world of Columbia is so awesome, strategizing how to fight using tears as well as skylines (and obviously your weapons and vigors), its incredibly fun. The developers and creators put a ton of time into creating this game and it shows, the attention to detail is ridiculous, you could spend hours just walking around and looking at the world of Columbia. It is absolutely gorgeous and usually I don't even care about voice acting in games but it literally was so good that I actually noticed it. Addictive gameplay and awesome fighting system. If you haven't played it and like the other two games, do yourself a favor and buy it or rent it at the very least! Expand
  46. Mar 29, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is one of the rare games where the gameplay, story, and pacing all come together to create a special kind of game that only comes around every few years. The controls are incredibly refined, the graphics are fantastic and on an epic scope. The new vigors like bucking bronco and murder of crows add a fantastic amount of depth to the combat. Voice acting is top notch. It'sBioshock Infinite is one of the rare games where the gameplay, story, and pacing all come together to create a special kind of game that only comes around every few years. The controls are incredibly refined, the graphics are fantastic and on an epic scope. The new vigors like bucking bronco and murder of crows add a fantastic amount of depth to the combat. Voice acting is top notch. It's early in the year, but this will likely be on top of many GOTY lists for 2013. Expand
  47. Mar 29, 2013
    This is the defining game of the generation. The swansong of these consoles. It is the culmination of the vast improvement in story telling over the last few years. Yes the gameplay is great and varied. Yes the graphics and visuals are superb. But its the arc of the story and the epic, mind blowing conclusion which will ensure that this game will be remembered for years to come. Ken LevineThis is the defining game of the generation. The swansong of these consoles. It is the culmination of the vast improvement in story telling over the last few years. Yes the gameplay is great and varied. Yes the graphics and visuals are superb. But its the arc of the story and the epic, mind blowing conclusion which will ensure that this game will be remembered for years to come. Ken Levine and his team at Irrational once again prove that they are at the pinnacle of story telling in video games. This story deals with many important issues such as racism, social structure, the power of religion and the science of the time (including the applications of it.) When trying to demonstrate the art form that is video games, this shall be the prime example. Expand
  48. Mar 29, 2013
    Expectations, I can say, have been exceeded. Bioshock's strongest talking point was its location; a sub-mariner underground brimming with mystery and danger. Infinite sells on the same principle, a steam punk world where nothing really makes much sense and everything at the same time just seems so damn cool.

I dare you to miss it.
  49. Mar 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Gameplay 10/10 It plays great, people who are worried about the partner AI being annoying worry yourselves not Elizabeth is no (insert resident evil AI partner/escort here) she actually helps you (throws you ammo, money, health-packs, salts.) and will "teleport" close to you (but behind you or off to the side so it doesn't break immersion) if you get too far ahead of her. The "vigors" (plasmids) and guns feel great although I found I was using the pistols mostly (possibly just my preference I find I like pistols in most games for some reason)

Graphics 9/10 mostly amazing, there's alot of bloom at times and I had to turn down my brightness just to be able to see enemies that were in the same direction as the sun. (I wont give you alot of details here because frankly I don't know about graphics, if it looks nice it looks nice right?) Audio 8/10 the sound effects are amazing, the guns (especially the pistol) make big boom! The music is eerie when it needs to be and really adds to the atmosphere. only complaints I have are that the combat is really loud at times, which is both good and bad and is easily remedied by turning down the SFX volume (or just doing what I did and turning down my speakers when it gets loud so's not to piss off the neighbors :P) and sometimes the dialogue is too quiet. Story 4/10 "Bioshock: Fringe Division! Don't get me wrong the atmosphere is great and the story is great for the most part but in the end it left me not able make balls or brains out of what the flying actually happened, it's like a bastardized version of Fringe, except fringe made sense, this doesn't, I get the feeling they were trying to be too philosophical with the ending except the writers are definitely not philosophers. World-building 10/10 Bioshock Infinite creates an amazing world taking hint from post revolutionary war and civil war themes and issues. Characters 7/10 The game's characters for the most part are amazing you'll fall in love with Elizabeth and want to rip Comstock's dick out of his eye-sockets, however near the beginning of the game Elizabeth does a few things that didn't sit right with me, for example the first time you kill a room full of bad guys she runs away, but as soon as you catch up with her again she's all happy to be friends again, with only a couple of lines of dialogue explanation on why you had to go postal on all those human beings.
  50. Mar 28, 2013
    This game became the my favorite game of all time. Its hard to say whats good about this game without spoiling it. Just play it all the way through, you will appreciate it the more you play it.
  51. Mar 28, 2013
    This is a great game, and Columbia is beautiful. It has a really solid story and excellent gameplay, but I have to admit I enjoyed Rapture much more. The Original 'Bioshock' is better. 'Infinite' feels almost to open world-ish at times for a Bioshock game that It feels like I have to spend just as much time looting as I do shooting just to prevent from running out of ammo and vigor, andThis is a great game, and Columbia is beautiful. It has a really solid story and excellent gameplay, but I have to admit I enjoyed Rapture much more. The Original 'Bioshock' is better. 'Infinite' feels almost to open world-ish at times for a Bioshock game that It feels like I have to spend just as much time looting as I do shooting just to prevent from running out of ammo and vigor, and while it has a good story, it's got nothing on the original. Expand
  52. Mar 28, 2013
    The Best First Person Shooter game ever made, gorgeous graphics on PS3, incredible animation and art direction, you will feel into a movie, no words to describe columbia is like to travel back in time, elizabeth is a perfect character, the story will blow your mind and the sound tracks remind you that is a Bioshock Game. Super Must Buy
  53. Mar 28, 2013
    One of the best games I've ever played! I had trouble playing the original Bioshock, mostly because the combat got stale very quickly and I've never been a huge fan of grinding to an objective. In this game, it doesn't feel tedious at all. Ran out of ammo? Look, there are a plethora of unique weapons all around you! Getting overrun? Use an ability! Probably the best part of the game is theOne of the best games I've ever played! I had trouble playing the original Bioshock, mostly because the combat got stale very quickly and I've never been a huge fan of grinding to an objective. In this game, it doesn't feel tedious at all. Ran out of ammo? Look, there are a plethora of unique weapons all around you! Getting overrun? Use an ability! Probably the best part of the game is the allied AI, who is actually helpful instead of running into line of fire and getting killed every other minute. Few games do everything as RIGHT as this game does. This gets my (VERY RARE) 10/10 Expand
  54. Mar 28, 2013
    Great game worth the money.
    This game has the twisty storyline that I expected Farcry 3 would have. Good graphics, good storyline and finally exploring a city that's alive not dead. I like the shock jockey, murder of crows and the possession vigors they rocked. There was an interesting amount of violence that I didn't honestly expect.
  55. Mar 28, 2013
    This game is amazing. The plot had me intrigued from the start and never lost my attention. Game play is excellent, it took me some time to get really good on the skylines but once I had it down it was a thrill to zip around Columbia. Another great thing about this game is that Elizabeth never gets in your way during combat which is something I was worried about, but Irrational Games madeThis game is amazing. The plot had me intrigued from the start and never lost my attention. Game play is excellent, it took me some time to get really good on the skylines but once I had it down it was a thrill to zip around Columbia. Another great thing about this game is that Elizabeth never gets in your way during combat which is something I was worried about, but Irrational Games made it so she only helps you and never causes you trouble when the action picks up. If you enjoy video games I would say this is one to not be missed. Expand
  56. Mar 28, 2013
    Go buy this game.
    I don't think you understand me here Go buy this game now Here's why I say this 1st off, Anything I say about this game could or would spoil the experience for anybody who hasn't played it. Secondly, The only thing I can say without ruining or potentially making the experience less powerful is that "This game is amazing" So, you should just go buy the game, play
    Go buy this game.
    I don't think you understand me here
    Go buy this game now
    Here's why I say this
    So, you should just go buy the game, play it, and love the heck out of it. Unless you are completely against violence or FPS games in general, you owe it to yourself to play this game.
    Once you have, then I wont need to tell you why you should play or buy it, cause you know exactly why: Quality
  57. Mar 28, 2013
    As a fan if the original instalments in the BioShock franchise, I was excited to see where Infinite would go and what it would do to give players a fresh and exciting experience. And after getting my hands on it and playing it through I can honestly say that BioShock: Infinite does everything right.

The game is a joy to play, everything from roaming around the stunning streets of the flying city Colombia to riding the skylines with the useful and deadly skyhook, it all works seamlessly. The game has some of the best graphics I have seen in a very long while, and the way that Colombia has been painstakingly built from the ground up is jaw dropping. We as the players, are offered a city to explore unlike any I have seen before in any game, let alone a BioShock title. Where Infinite really shines though, is the story, which has to be one of the most moving 12 15hrs I have ever experienced in a game. Booker and Elizabeth's struggle to escape the doomed city is one that has many twists, turns and flat out shocks that I did not see coming. Moments throughout the game were tear wrenching and only made for a more compelling experience. To avoid spoilers I am simply going to say, if you want to play a genre and perhaps a generation defining game, look no further. BioShock Infinite is a flawless masterpiece, which despite it's many delays, has been well worth the wait.
  58. Mar 28, 2013
    This game is simply BEAUTIFUL! I was so drawn in and immersed in this universe that i couldn't stop playing. The graphics, the world, the story is all amazing. It has been a while since I have felt this way about a game and been in awe. The story is great with a killer ending that will leave you thinking for a while. When the big plot twisted hits its a wow moment for sure. Buy this gameThis game is simply BEAUTIFUL! I was so drawn in and immersed in this universe that i couldn't stop playing. The graphics, the world, the story is all amazing. It has been a while since I have felt this way about a game and been in awe. The story is great with a killer ending that will leave you thinking for a while. When the big plot twisted hits its a wow moment for sure. Buy this game and you will not be disappointed, a real treat! Expand
  59. Mar 28, 2013
    BIOSHOCK INFINITE REVIEW It has been a long time since Bioshock Infinite had been announced. There was massive hype, demos were released, and so on so forth. The game has finally come out.
    This is a great game. As a matter of fact, my favorite game of all time is Bioshock; this game has a complex story that keeps you engaged and guessing until the game’s final moments.
    The Gameplay is
    The Gameplay is definitely on par with the original Bioshock game, arguably even better. Although at times, the situations and enemies can be overwhelming. The gameplay weapons and moves I love the most are the melee, Crank Gun, RPG and Crow plasmid. I love drilling people’s heads with a skyhook. The voice acting and the characters are fantastic. The relationship between Elizabeth and Booker is an interesting one. The relationship between the Songbird and Elizabeth was so good that it made me tear up at moments. The story in this game is, as mentioned before, complex; The story constantly hits you with important plot details that will probably miss you on your first time playing; Bioshock fans will be expecting a major twist/reveal in the middle of the game (since the game’s first half follows the Bioshock formula faithfully), there is a major twist/reveal in the game, but it’s a the end of the game; without spoiling the reveal, it’s a damn good one, especially when you take a few minutes to really think about it. The game intertwines themes of destiny vs. choice, loss of innocence, racism and morality.
    Overall, the game lives up to the hype set by its ‘spiritual’ predecessor. The main characters and their relationships to other characters in the game are fascinating and even made me tear up a little. The gameplay is both an improvement and somewhat overwhelming at times over the original Bioshock. The game has a very good and complex twist/back story/reveal which maybe so complex that people might not get it on their first time playing. Regardless, the game is a great game that now fully justifies itself with having the name Bioshock in the title. GRADE: Classic
    NUMERICAL GRADE: 10 LETTER GRADE: A
    Overall opinion: Bioshock Infinite is a great game that is on par with the original game (though I like the original game slightly better).
  60. Mar 28, 2013
    Well structured game that proves to the community that 2K Games really proves to be a company that takes time to create games with enough polish and a well-structured story. 10/10
  61. Mar 28, 2013
    Great graphics and interesting storyline. Combat is still second rate in my opinion, but the splendour of the environment will more than compensate for it. Disappointing though, to see, in the first few minutes, a large sign over one of the shops with a spelling error. (Confectionary) Sort of detracts from the professionalism of the game somewhat. Nevertheless, you won't be disappointedGreat graphics and interesting storyline. Combat is still second rate in my opinion, but the splendour of the environment will more than compensate for it. Disappointing though, to see, in the first few minutes, a large sign over one of the shops with a spelling error. (Confectionary) Sort of detracts from the professionalism of the game somewhat. Nevertheless, you won't be disappointed with this one. Expand
  62. Mar 27, 2013
    I feel like if you think this game is horrible, you are not looking at it, at all. If you have seen the ORIGINAL "The Day the Earth Stood Still", and saw how it tied into current events (at that time), the cold war, McCarthyism, you should like this game; if you are not old enough to understand the reference of the cold war you probably bought this game because it was in the first-personI feel like if you think this game is horrible, you are not looking at it, at all. If you have seen the ORIGINAL "The Day the Earth Stood Still", and saw how it tied into current events (at that time), the cold war, McCarthyism, you should like this game; if you are not old enough to understand the reference of the cold war you probably bought this game because it was in the first-person shooter section and probably didn't understand anything just wanted to shoot things and play multiplayer, but then got sad because there was no multiplayer... well now i'm rambling... back to the point. If you take the time and immerse yourself in this game and not just go shoot everything in sight you would see that the game can tie into a lot of current dilemmas in the world, which is extremely rare in today's entertainment, it also makes you invested into characters in the game and that is also extremely rare, especially for video games. This game requires you to pay attention to the details of important parts of the story, you might even learn something about yourself while playing different parts of the game. If you don't appreciate stories, or getting attached to characters, then this game is not for you, just go buy Call of Duty.
    P.S. I'm not saying COD is a bad game, it just doesn't rely on story or the characters in the story. P.S.S (P.P.S?) The P.S. is in here so COD fan boys don't start yelling at me. I know they are out there... I can smell them.
    Well that is my review of the game, you might agree with it, or you might get mad at some points I made, but that is how I viewed the game, it was a great game, I highly recommend it to people who enjoy all types of games, not just a specific genre.
  63. Mar 27, 2013
    AWESOME GAME. Just what to expect from a BioShock game, unique, creative, and innovative. It's a shame if you don't get this game. I just wish I had a gaming PC, so I could max this game out.
  64. Mar 27, 2013
    This game is beautiful. Even though the console port does leave some textures muddy, they're hard to notice. The gameplay is quick and seamless as you ride Skylines and pounce or your enemies or escape to a higher vantage point to plan your attack. It is a big improvement over the somewhat sluggish controls of Bioshock 1 and 2.

Elizabeth's AI is incredible, landing you a hand in battle

Elizabeth's AI is incredible, landing you a hand in battle whenever she can by finding ammo, Salt (EVE), health, and money (outside of combat).
    She never gets in your way and requires 0 babysitting. She is the best companion AI of any game made yet, and she is very likeable and not a damsel in distress.

I was on the edge of my seat the entire 12 hours it took me. I was so intrigued by everything going on and I just wanted to find out what the twist was. This game delivered. It left me thinking afterwards for a long time about it and the previous games.

Bioshock: Infinite is an extremely well polished, and artful, masterpiece. I'll be damned surprised if it does not win Video Game of the Year. it deserves it.
  65. Mar 27, 2013
    My faith in video games was restored by this game. The constant release of trash titles was seriously affecting my purchases to the point where for the past 2 years I've bought 3 console games. The in game world is beautiful and immersing as the previous Bioshock games were. With the change of scenery I was skeptical, but what a surprise it was to find that the world played along with theMy faith in video games was restored by this game. The constant release of trash titles was seriously affecting my purchases to the point where for the past 2 years I've bought 3 console games. The in game world is beautiful and immersing as the previous Bioshock games were. With the change of scenery I was skeptical, but what a surprise it was to find that the world played along with the story very nicely. The story is gripping, twisting and turning always leaving you with questions that you are never sure will be answered. However, be prepared; there are fewer choices to be made as this tale is more linear than the previous games. Not much of a negative though since there are still plenty of choices to be made. If you are a fan of the first 2 and are open to new ideas, this game is a MUST buy for you. Expand
  66. Mar 27, 2013
    A fantastic combination of brilliant story telling, beautiful graphics and great character development. It's not just that though, making America look like a roman utopia in the sky mixed with space and time manipulation just blows your mind and this is coming from a lover of history and imagination, you must play this game as you would a film you will enjoy it I guarantee it.
  67. Mar 27, 2013
    I can't beleive how low some user reviews are rating this game. Shame on you. Because a games social and spiritual concepts trancend your understanding of the world you live in doesn't mean these concepts are invalid, or in by any stretch of the imagination unimportant. The philosophical commentary incorporated into the Bioshock series, particularly 1 and infinite are right up there withI can't beleive how low some user reviews are rating this game. Shame on you. Because a games social and spiritual concepts trancend your understanding of the world you live in doesn't mean these concepts are invalid, or in by any stretch of the imagination unimportant. The philosophical commentary incorporated into the Bioshock series, particularly 1 and infinite are right up there with the likes of Metal Gear Solid, maybe even a bit more clever than Kojima's masterpiece. Artistically, the game is up there with Journey. A creature of deep beauty that it will take more than one playthrough to fully appreciate. The first half hour is one of the most breathtaking moments in gaming. And I have literally played every single AAA title throughout the LAST 2 GENERATIONS. Expand
  68. Mar 27, 2013
    Do not listen to any of the low reviews of Bioshock Infinite. Its one of the greatest games of all time just like the first one. The graphics on the xbox and playstation of course aren't as good as the pc, but it really doesn't take away from the experience at all. The game is a refreshing blast to a stale market of fps shooters. If you are tired of playing mindless copy and paste gamesDo not listen to any of the low reviews of Bioshock Infinite. Its one of the greatest games of all time just like the first one. The graphics on the xbox and playstation of course aren't as good as the pc, but it really doesn't take away from the experience at all. The game is a refreshing blast to a stale market of fps shooters. If you are tired of playing mindless copy and paste games such as call of duty I highly recommend picking up Bioshock Infinite, but if you are one who can't sit through a single player game and have a constant itch to play online with the masses I recommend you run far far away from this game. Expand
  69. Mar 27, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is the type of game that, as one would expect from the likes of Irrational Games, leaves the player to think long after the credits roll. When I finished playing, my thoughts were along the lines of 'What just happened?', 'Does that mean...?' and 'Is it really over?'. Well, for the latter, I recommend that you stick around during and after the credits.

From a gameplay

From a gameplay perspective, the game is sound. If you have played the original BioShock, you'll feel right at home with the new powers named Vigors, which are basically the Plasmids you're used to, albeit slightly different. The shooting feels fluid and accurate it's not as unrealistic as Call of Duty nor does it have the insane recoil that the Battlefield series possesses. There is the introduction of Tears, which allow you to use the abilities of a sophisticated and helpful AI named Elizabeth, who is critical to the story and never once gets in the players way. She can bring many things into the world around you, aiding in combat and/or navigation, such as cover, first aid kits, turrets etc. Throughout the game, you are given choices, but none of these effect the ending, which leads me to the story...

Compared to the first (And second) BioShock, choices in the game feel rather insignificant. They don't dramatically alter the world. However, unlike most games, the linear narrative suits the story the game is telling very well, and would destroy the idea that the player character, Booker DeWitt, is his own individual. Booker is neither a good nor bad person, and you won't always like who he is or what he's done, but players will find themselves caring for him by the end of the game. Elizabeth, Booker's companion, is a young woman who is very much like your typical princess locked in a tower...or so you first think. She is someone that you, as a player, want to protect, but such a thing is never required in combat. She is never a hindrance, only offering useful help throughout the game. I won't spoil any of the story for you, but it's nothing short of brilliant. Sometimes, you'll be completely puzzled. Others, you'll understand until a new element is introduced. But by the end, I understood everything completely, and even found myself emotionally touched. The presentation of the game is fantastic. I often found myself dazzled by just how beautiful this game is. The city is a wonder to behold. It's inhabitants look and act like they should. The environments are usually excellent. It seems that Irrational spent a long time polishing this fantastic experience, as I never once encountered a glitch while playing. The detail is astounding, in most cases. However, low texture does appear in the strangest of places. There was a point in the game that I had just jumped from a Skyline (Which are great fun!) and was ready to face a horde of enemies. What I wasn't prepared for was a giant, blurry...'thing' in front of me! It turns out that it was some sort of blimp device, but I would have never guessed had I not taken a few (Okay, I ran at least a mile) steps back to get a better look. Without a shred of doubt, BioShock Infinite is an early contender for earning many Game of the Year Awards. When I started playing the game, I was worried as to whether it would live up to the hype and the name of BioShock, but I can honestly say that it does just that. In many ways, this game is far superior than even the original. So, without further ado, would you kindly do yourself a favour and buy this game?
  70. Mar 27, 2013
    A game that has been in development for a long time now has finally come out and it has 100% been worth the wait and a breath of fresh air to the first person shooter market. When all hope was lost for the first person shooter market with bad and boring games like Call of Duty and Sniper Ghost warrior, games that are being milked and milked to the point they are now bone dry, what BioshockA game that has been in development for a long time now has finally come out and it has 100% been worth the wait and a breath of fresh air to the first person shooter market. When all hope was lost for the first person shooter market with bad and boring games like Call of Duty and Sniper Ghost warrior, games that are being milked and milked to the point they are now bone dry, what Bioshock Infinite does is so imaginative with story telling and setting that all over first person games have a lot to live up to. When you first start in the world of the new Bioshock game you instantly feel a sense of journey and mystery this feeling carry's its way through into the floating city of Columbia were you are immersed into beauty and rich atmosphere its a city were you right a home with. The scale of this game is fantastic, from the open aired streets to small enclosed corridors of houses and some great Hollywood moments to put it up there with the greatest of games. The story is very deep to put it mildly its a little like the fairy tale rapunzel, get the girl fight the beast and get out, obviously things are not as simple as that but I will say at some point in the story the actual story hits you like a tone of bricks and continues to get more amazing, surprising and shocking but I wont tell you anymore. Columbia is a living and breathing world a world which you could defiantly believe to be true and the story brings it to life with small detailed things in the world; like flight paths. The girl Elizabeth as a AI character is the best I have seen as she interacts with the entire world she gives you ammo, health and vigors she also opens up tears in the world were she brings in things from another world to Columbia like cover and men to help you. Elizabeth also comments on things in the world and draws you to over paths like letters and books and yes when you go into the mens toilets she will wait outside for you. She is the most realist I have seen in a video game. There are a few down points but nothing that should put you off .One is half way through the game and it just slowly gets boring because your just shooting but it swiftly puts all that behind its self. Another is the gun combat it feels a little poor compared to the rest of the game's good quality's. And the last is nothing to do after you have beaten the game obviously you can replay it on a harder difficulty and collect everything but you can do that quickly I was hoping that there would be some sort of online feature but I would prefer just an amazing campaign which we got. Im sure they will bring out DLC The campaign is a good length I finished it in ten hours and that is also collecting everything and having a nose into every corner of the game. Over good points I should mention is superb voice acting by both leading roles and great script writing. Visuals are good there not incredible like Uncharted 3 and Battlefield but it is just perfect for the game. In conclusion this game is quality and it is very rare that people have so much care and perfection for their games the people in Irrational games have this passion and it is great to see. I give this game a 9.8/10 what a masterpiece. Expand
  71. Mar 27, 2013
    I had ridiculously high expectations for this game, and it exceeded them greatly. This is the first game that ever done that for me and is just flawless on almost every level. Ken Levine is a god, and this is by far the best game I have ever played.
  72. Mar 27, 2013
    Amazing game. Level of detail is outstanding. The gameplay, story, characters and the setting are all fantastic. Go out and buy it you won't be disappointed.
  73. Mar 27, 2013
    if this game doesn't blow the mold on first person shooters apart then i dont know what will.
    you just dont get games with this level of detail... in both enviroment and story. the campaign is a slew of fun and honestly once you get the hang of how the game plays, you wont beleive how cool you will feel zipping around destroying everything that moves. things like the skyline which in other games would feel like a gimmick, are so thoughtfully executed you will feel in control at all times and it truely excites the gameplay. nobody has ideas this good, with execution this good. bioshock infinite is a rollercoaster ride from start to finish and deserves your time. if you didn't play, or weren't fond of the first iteration... don't sweat it. this is the best of the best. now we just have to wait and see what ken levine pulls out of his sleeve on the ps4 and xbox 720. until then bioshock infinite will be a shining example of what a narrative basesed first person shooter can be. grab a skyhook and take the ride...you wont be dissapointed.
  74. Mar 27, 2013
    I was never a huge Bioshock fan but I did I enjoy the first two games so I decided to try Bioshock infinite since everyone was saying how incredible it was,and I can honestly say that those people are so right.everything about infinite is perfect,infinite has a great story and great cast of characters,the gameplay is fun and keeps you on you're feet,the graphics are very and I mean veryI was never a huge Bioshock fan but I did I enjoy the first two games so I decided to try Bioshock infinite since everyone was saying how incredible it was,and I can honestly say that those people are so right.everything about infinite is perfect,infinite has a great story and great cast of characters,the gameplay is fun and keeps you on you're feet,the graphics are very and I mean very impressive.if you enjoy fops games this is for you,and if you enjoy great games,Bioshock infinite is right up you're alley. Expand
  75. Mar 26, 2013
    This game is absolutely amazing. The first moment you see Columbia will floor you. The combat is tense and extremely satisfying, the characters feel amazingly real, the story is beautiful, and the setting is astonishing. Just buy it. You won't regret it.
  76. Mar 26, 2013
    Work made by devs is excellent.
    Gameplay,level design,graphics,etc..
    The universe around Bioshock is unique.
    Even i only played 3 or 4 hours, it looks like of a master 2013 game
  77. Mar 26, 2013
    This has to be one of the finest games I have ever played, a masterpiece by anyone's standard. Everything about it is astonishing; the gunplay, the artwork, the environments and don't even get me started on the story.

Never have i felt so immersed in a game, this truly felt like an adventure, recapturing that feeling I got with games when I was a child. This is the Half Life 2 of this Generation and i dont forsee it being beaten for atleast a decade.

My only regret is that towards the end I rushed it even though I had time to really explore, if you do decide to buy this, don't make the same mistake, savor every last moment with this beauty and my god take in everything you see.

78. Mar 26, 2013
    Simply an awesome game in every way I know the graphics aren't as good as the pc version but they are still absolutely stunning this game already deserves the goty get off your butts right now and go buy this superb game you will not regret it
  79. Mar 26, 2013
    It's so different to the first Bioshock, yet so similar at the same time. It does everything right, great story, amazing graphics and combat, and if anybody's having second thoughts about buying it because they're worried about Elizabeth being annoying, that's not an issue at all. She adds so much to an already fantastic game. Just buy it already!
  80. Mar 26, 2013
    One of the best games this gen, and best FPS. GOTY for sure. The story is amazing and a amazing twist. the graphics are top notch and voice acting is top notch.
  81. Mar 26, 2013
    Haven't finished it yet but I am 3 hours in and I already know that this game delivers. It is absolutely stunningly beautiful and very fun. I wouldn't be surprised if this wins game of the year. It is very hard to put down.
  82. Mar 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A great game with sterling cinematic writing, it's a deserved edition to your collection. I wasn't a fan of the previous 2 Bioshock games but this one has taken the game to (literally) another level. I was unsure at first as the gameplay is almost identical to Dishonored and other similar games, but as soon as I was given the skyhook it blew me away. Great game. Expand
  83. Mar 26, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is a wonderful antidote to the extreme headache and disappointment that was Aliens: Colonial Marines and SimCity. This game is absolutely and utterly awe-inspiring! The BioShock games have a legacy of gold in terms of production value and narrative, and Infinite may just be the best in the series. I haven't played through the entire game yet but what I've played throughBioShock Infinite is a wonderful antidote to the extreme headache and disappointment that was Aliens: Colonial Marines and SimCity. This game is absolutely and utterly awe-inspiring! The BioShock games have a legacy of gold in terms of production value and narrative, and Infinite may just be the best in the series. I haven't played through the entire game yet but what I've played through thus far has left me wide-eyed like a a little boy on a birthday celebration that lasts weeks! The game art is superb. When I heard Infinite would take place in a flying city I almost immediately had my doubts. I thought "they've gone too far! Rapture is already so far-fetched". How wrong I was. No one other than Ken Levine (and Jules Verne maybe) can suspend our disbelief so quickly and utterly convince us that flying cities are possible! The voice-acting... what can I say... if only there were Oscars for voice-acting... this game would sweep them all. I'm not usually this prone to superlatives but I haven't come out of a game so utterly struck and moved by the genius of its design in... I can't even remember when was the last I felt like this. Maybe Majora's Mask? I don't know. These moments are so far between and rare. I won't get too much into narrative but what struck me the most is how much the game is actually about your companion, and not you. And the way the game almost effortlessly glides you through its narrative genius that you just cannot pull yourself away. The society of Columbia is euphoric... like a constant independence day that never ends and gives homage to itself in every way it can. But from the on-set there is something creepy about its perfection and its this mystery which keeps nudging you. I feel right at home in dystopias and it's so refreshing to see one that isn't just about doom and gloom, but rather about exceptionalism, perfection and utter narcissism. This game holds up a hyperbolic mirror to the U.S. and its culture and reveals the tarnished flaws it was built on and also highlights its promise. WHat an engaging world this game has brought us! And who says games don't make you think or waste your time? My one complaint about the game is despite having a machine which is able to run the game on ultra high graphics effortlessly, it does crash every so often with an error that reads "No disk in drive. Please insert HDD". I'm running the game off my hard drive so I fail to see how I should 'insert' another one and I definitely have enough memory. But nonetheless, this could be an issue with my own settings. This game is Great and it will receive all the glory and praise it deserves! At least there are still developers out there who know what they are doing and deliver each time. Bravo! Expand
  84. Mar 26, 2013
    An awe-inspiring rollercoster with a captivating narrative about a younger beautiful maiden and a mysterious man

First off, Bioshock Infinite is much more of a spiritual successor to System Shock and the original Bioshock. There is game play similarities but it is not in the same cannon so say. In a time when all that seems to be released is first person shooters, it is hard to come by a game that does something not only unique, but engaging. But Bioshock Infinite does exactly this. Not only will the game blow your mind from combat options, crisp controls and some of the best first-person shooting around, but it does all of this while having an impressive narrative. Bioshock Infinite will leave you in awe after your play through, and it will keep you engaged the whole way through. And when the adventure ends, it will leave the same sort of impact as Shadow of the Colossus and Journey. Bioshock Infinite feels like a classic poetic story, much like "The Raven By Engnor Allen Poe" to be honest. Video games so desperately need the "poetic" feel that Bioshock Infinite has. -A young, insecure woman who wants to find a new destiny
    -A mysterious man who knows nothing of his past.
    -A story that unravels around the two main character, with the best character development I have ever witnessed before in any medium. Bioshock Infinite is on par with Heath Leger's preformance of the Joker from "Dark Knight" in terms of character development. If you are reading this review, wondering if it is a game that you would like to pick up, I would highly recomment it. This is a beautiful experience in its own right, and it sets a standard for all First-shooters to come. Whether you pick up Bioshock Infinite now or later in the future once it gets a price drop, do yourself a favor and get lost in the world of the game. Whether you study games like myself or just play them for fun and enjoyment, or if you are an artist, looking for a new medium to engage with. I will repeat: give Bioshock Infinite a try

+ Amazing Narrative
    +Addictive and meaningful gameplay
    +Beautiful and unraveling world through characters, enviroment and story
    +You will most likely want to replay through the game Final Score 98/100
  85. Mar 26, 2013
    This game is a masterpiece! They managed to do EVERYTHING Right! I got a good 16 hours out of this game, If your thinking about buying this game, DO IT, You wont regret it!
  86. Mar 26, 2013
    This game basically fixes all the problems the last two Bioshock games had for me. Primarily the clunky combat system has been improved to the point I look forward to fighting enemies. Also while the game is quite linear (more so than maybe the other Bioshock games) I think its a good thing. I never felt overwhelmed or lost in this game. The interaction with Elizabeth is great (theyThis game basically fixes all the problems the last two Bioshock games had for me. Primarily the clunky combat system has been improved to the point I look forward to fighting enemies. Also while the game is quite linear (more so than maybe the other Bioshock games) I think its a good thing. I never felt overwhelmed or lost in this game. The interaction with Elizabeth is great (they did a great job with this difficult task) and adds a bit more depth to the story and action sequences. The graphics are gorgeous, but its not because of it requiring super high tech video cards, its because the art design and lightning are so good. The music and sounds are really well done. The storyline is done really well with great characterisation and pacing.

I don't like how the game saves as you have to reach certain points for it to save otherwise if you have to leave while playing you have to backtrack a bit. Overall an amazing game that deserves a perfect score!
  87. Mar 26, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a true contender for Game of the Year. From the gorgeous graphics and the addictive game play and the smooth controls makes this one of the best video games of all time in my books if you have never played Bioshock I strongly recommend you go and buy it once you play the first few minutes of Bioshock you will be hooked on these amazing games.
  88. Mar 26, 2013
    Already a contender for GOTY. Gorgeous and unbelievable are understatements. Not only is this game the best in the series, i might put it as one of the best games this decade.

1. May 27, 2013
    In an infinite universe, anything can happen, but in Infinite's, the specifics are what get you.
  2. Play UK
    Apr 23, 2013
    One of those rare games that speaks to the player on a personal, emotional level with a thought-provoking, mature storyline set in one of the most amazing worlds conceived in a game. Plus, it's a wonderful FPS with deep, tactical combat. Essential. [Issue#230, p.66]
  3. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Apr 22, 2013
    Multiple dimensions and a clever scenario with a surprise around every corner make it difficult for us to explain our enthusiasm without spoiling the story. Only the extended ghost chase (literally) halfway through the game drags on a bit too long. [April 2013, p.74]