8.4

1. Apr 4, 2013
    This game. Is so intense. So mind blowing. This is, at least for me one of the BEST games of this generation. Anyone who rated under 9 probably didn't get the ending, because they didn't take their time exploring Columbia, finding hints about what the heck is actually going on. So much emotion, so many feels. This is a MUST OWN.
  2. Apr 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Bioshock infinite is simply outstanding from the jaw dropping beginning to the jaw dropping end. I personally didn't think the irrational team to make a game that was anywhere near as good as the original.
    Wow was I in for a treat. I just loved the way it drew you in from the beginning and set up the world. Bioshock was a walk through hell in it's opening moments where Columbia is a walk through heaven.
    That is until you make your way to the raffle and see the prize on offer. That moment is genuinely shocking and it's all credit to the irrational team that they never sugarcoated this moment as this is what sets up the game and it's when the action starts in earnest.
  3. Apr 6, 2013
    just a flawless game amazing story excellent graphics and amazing gameplay i dont have anything else to say its that amazing :D when i first saw the trailer my mind was blown due to awesomeness this might be the 2013 GOTY unless if The Last Of Us impresses me or if Yakuza 5 come out worldwide this year
  4. Apr 8, 2013
    There are no spoilers in this review. If you enjoy games with fun gameplay along with a great soundtrack, great graphics, and an outstanding story, then this is a must play. I just completed the game and I'm going to start playing it again in a higher difficulty. I would suggest to those experienced FPS gamers to play this in the hard difficulty setting. I would also recommend to people who haven't played the first bioshock to play it before playing infinite. I would imagine that experienced gamers would complete this in 8 hours; however, to fully enjoy this game I would recommend exploring the city as much as possible (it took me about 20 hours to complete this game). In my opinion this game has a great replay value because of two main reasons: the gameplay and the story. There are several different ways of eliminating enemies and also, a second playthrough would help you understand/appreciate the story.

I consider this game to be one of my top favorite games of all time (right next to the Metal Gear Solid series).
  5. Apr 8, 2013
    This game was quite enjoyable. Graphics, music*, gameplay, etc.; all were amazing. My only issues with the game: no user-save feature, only auto-save. I'm not a big believer in having to get to a spot to save, especially as an adult-gamer with life going on. And the "book marks" save about 1,000 different times throughout the game. A little bit too much data action. And music-wise, some areas could use a bit more diverse music, not a big gripe. I'd like to give this game a 9.9 overall. Definitely worth anyone's time and money. Expand
  6. Apr 11, 2013
    Definitely was worth the wait. Bioshock Infinite is a beautifully crafted video game with breathtaking visuals and massive scope. It also has an engaging story that will keep you intrigued till the end of the game. With well written dialogue, the banter between the main characters are believable and fun. Varied gameplay elements and different in gaming mechanics makes this a joy to play from start to finish. Definitively a GOTY contender. Expand
  7. Apr 11, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a beautiful game. With a complex story and wonderful graphics, it keeps you guessing at what comes next. This is a great example of where the video game industry should be going.
  8. Apr 14, 2013
    This game was amazing! Every moment of it was fantastic. In some parts it felt like a Bioshock game, but in other parts it didn't, but it worked! The game had an amazing story, that felt tight with fantastic gameplay. Elizabeth was a great companion, when you needed her she would help. It came in handy in battles when she threw health, salts (powers) and ammo. She never got in the way and had an amazing personality. Its really easy to get into to the characters and become attached to them. It is by far the best game I've played so far Expand
  9. Apr 12, 2013
    this game is amazing from start to finish great gameplay amazing story good combat good variety of enemies one of the best games I've ever played irrational games does it again
  10. Apr 13, 2013
    While it isn't exactly the spearhead its predecessor was way back in 2007, Bioshock: Infinite does right by the Bioshock brandname. The art direction is still there, the delicately crafted musical score is there, the combat is responsive and much improved. I still very much prefer the original Bioshock, and wish Infinite had more scares and RPG elements like its predecessor; but even having said that, this game holds up against unreasonable hype and expectations. Buy this game. Ken Levine and the folks at Irrational are doing right by gamers and we need to do right by them. The only thing that sucks about Bioshock: Infinite is its release means we will have to wait another five years to play another game of this ilk. Expand
  11. Apr 13, 2013
    Never has a game so fully encapsulated my thoughts. The relationship you build with Elizabeth, the concepts behind Columbia and the story line are just incredible. The gameplay is very solid, but you almost want to ignore the FPS aspect just to follow the story. Easily one of the best games I have ever played. (If not the best.)
  12. Apr 14, 2013
    bioshock infinite review

the game begins extremely strong beautiful environment which is extremely intriguing. you realise your in a vast environment extremely racist and political tones are presented to you throughout the game which is consistently in your face however it ties in with the story gameplay is flawless however the environment is extremely linear which is a shame
    because the city is so huge. so if you hit a save point make sure you scoped out the environment as much as you can."VIGORS" which are plasmids for bioshock 2" are good fun to play around with however the functionality of them limit you to primarily use the weapons you find in game. story wise. hands down the best story in the history of gaming if not cinema. if they made a movie it would be my favourite movie. 4 years in production winning 85 awards voted world best shooter. credit was given when it was due. Elisabeth helps you throughout the game and in no way shape or form does it feel like a huge escort mission" .
    you can travel using the "sky lines" which basically feels like your on a roller-coaster where tey have also intergrated combat which blends in so well that it is revolutionises the first person shooter" feel"
    the music is amazing the story is amazing gameplay is amazing.

13. Apr 15, 2013
    To start this off, I have to say that this game has really impressed me. It's one of the best games in my opinion and one of my top ten video games. Although not as impressive as the e3 demos (to be expected), it still shines in many aspects. For starters, I played the first Bioshock 1 and found myself really enjoying it, especially when first entering Rapture. The same can be said for Columbia. From the moment the game begins, it sucks you right in and doesn't let go till you've explored every aspect of the game. The story is almost flawless keeping you guessing most of the times. There are plenty of twists that will have you shocked. Many moments in this just completely leaves with your mouth hanging in surprise (in a good way). The graphics are very good and polished (which is surprising considering how old the ps3 is). Combat is can range from very fast paced to very slow paced. But that's okay because combing vigors (essentially plasmids from Bioshock) can be very satisfying. That's not to say that the game is a masterpiece, though very close to it, there are still some parts that remain questionable. A lack of bosses really had me disappointed and a few glitches were present in my play-through. These were generally annoying, but forgivable. I hope that a later DLC can handle bosses a little better. I also found handymen and Boys Of Silence to be a bit scarce and disappointing. The ending, however, will leave you shocked and amazed. Once you play through once, you'll want to play through again because everything makes a lot more sense and you are way more immersed. It's sort of like the movie Inception where you had to watch it many times to really enjoy it. My final word are..... go out and buy it! Expand
  14. Aug 20, 2013
    This game is a true masterpiece of gaming.
    The story is the best I have seen so far in a shooter and maybe also the best story in a game ever.
    The graphics are good and the art design is unbelievable great. In addition the combat feels better than in BioShock 1 or 2. The AI Elizabeth uses works without problems and maybe makes her the best companion in a game yet.
    This game is one of
    the best games of this decade and my favorite for Game of the Year.

I recommend playing the game on hard difficulty because normal is way too easy. Players who want a more challenging experience should try 1999-Mode.
  15. Apr 25, 2013
    OK, so I’ve held off on writing this review for a while because I really wanted to digest this game, read other reviews, and see outside opinions.

So I want to preface this by saying I’m a male in my late 20s who’s been gaming for roughly 20 years. Some of my favorite games include Fallout 3, inFamous, Super Mario Galaxy, Dishonored, Batman Arkham City and Asylum, Portal 1 and 2,
    Borderlands 2, and of course the original Bioshock and System Shock 2. I’m currently playing Tomb Raider and have enjoyed it thus far. I play a lot of FPSs, like CoD, BF, Far Cry, and Crysis, but don’t have a distinct favorite genre.

All that said, for me personally, Bioshock Infinite ranks as one of the top 3 games I have currently ever played with Earthbound and MGS 4 (I know MGS 3 is awesome, but going back to an HD Shadow Moses did it for me).

I implore readers to check out other reviews from reviewers that gave Bioshock Infinite a poor score; we have someone who gave Alan Wake and Halo 3 a 0, someone who gave Borderlands 2 a 3, Dishonored a 6, but yet gave Hawken and Street Fighter X Tekken a 7, and another user who gave Uncharted 2 a 1. I could go on, but you get the point. Absolutely these reviewers are entitled to their opinion, but when it becomes apparent that their opinions are there to either weigh down other reviewer scores, or for sheer shock value, well that should tell you something.

I have to laugh when someone complains that Rapture was “scarier,” Columbia isn’t Rapture. I have to laugh when someone compares the Song Bird to a Big Daddy, the Song Bird isn’t a Big Daddy. I have to laugh when someone complains that footage they were shown from development gameplay 2-3 years ago at conventions weren’t in the game, be glad they gave you something you haven’t seen before. I have to laugh when someone complains that they don’t have a choice in the game, this is Irrational Games’ story, they want it told this way. How you want to interpret it, and its ending, that is where you have a choice. In general I have to laugh at other reviews comparing this to the original Bioshock, and complaining about differences. Please know, Bioshock Infinite is NOT synonymous with Bioshock 3. There is no Bioshock 3. If Ken Levine had his way, there wouldn’t have been a Bioshock 2. Yes, it has the same word “Bioshock” in the title, but aside from that, it is a completely different game, and if you can’t accept that, then you should stick with the perfectly awesome original. Stop trying to find a reason to complain. There are things to complain about in this game, those aren’t it.

Bioshock Infinite, for me, was as close to a perfect game as I’ve encountered. The characters were dynamic, and I found myself disappointed with actions that I’d disagree with, and excited when they found success. The voice actors fit incredibly well with the characters. The setting was absolutely gorgeous and interesting, I found myself exploring every nook and cranny. The combat just felt right, every weapon felt “good” to fire, along with the vigors. Elizabeth’s AI might be the most well done video game AI we’ve yet to see. Most importantly, the story was phenomenal. As a huge Fringe fan, I will fully admit my biased here, but I feel confident saying there are plenty that would agree it’s one of the most well told stories in video games.

Is this game perfect? No. There are issues with texture popping, and textures being incredibly grainy, especially on the PS3, and the fact that there was in-game loading while in the same environment (1-3 seconds), simply isn’t acceptable in this day and age.

All that considered, if you weight this game up against what’s been published in the past 5-10 years on console, this is undoubtedly one of the best. The time and effort that the folks at Irrational Games put into Bioshock Infinite is incredibly apparent, and I thank them for their obvious hard work.
  16. Apr 26, 2013
    THIS GAME IS A MUST GET NOW..

Simply put, the game is gorgeous. And a VERY warm welcome to Bioshock series as I was getting tired of the plain underwater theme. Bioshock's combat is also something to mention, Although Bioshock infinite only offers around 4-5 types of guns for you to use, and around 4 Vigors (or spells) Bioshock managed to create engaging, Fun, and sometimes difficult
    combat! Bioshock Infinite has created some amazing moments and just WOW moments for me & I think it will do the same for you!

If it means something I've also fell in love with Elizabeth.. Yea, I have it bad.
  17. Apr 26, 2013
    I think this game will have the title of not only the game of the year, but perhaps the game of the decade. So she is beautiful and is special. This new level of gaming, but unfortunately these games are not as revolutionary. This is a jump up, and this is possible only Ken Levine. We look forward to the following projects and DLC
  18. Apr 28, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is one of those games that everybody should play. Bioshock Inifinite does just about everything right to its remarkable to story to its intense and fun gameplay. The story of Bioshock Inifite is spectacular. It is excellently paced, and has tons of things to do. Although the story is pretty set and "linear" there are tons of different things to go about and do in Columbia which makes each playthrough of the story unique and differnt. There is so much depth to the story that it cant just be playthroughed once. From the voxiphones to the sight seeing there are plenty of things that make you come back to Columbia. Elizabeth your partner through the story makes the story fun and interesting. She also tends to often helps you out in battle. Trust me the story in Bioshock Infinite is incredible and does not disappoint. The long awaited Bioshock Infinite does not disappoint and excels in every way. Deferentially worthy of the Bioshock name and worthy of your purchase. Expand
  19. Apr 30, 2013
    Bioshock 1 is one of my favorite game ever, i never thought that bioshock infinite would be better cuz i really didn't like bioshock 2. But Bioshock Infinite is a MASTERPIECE, you can't leave the countroller, it's almost perfection. Really one or the best game ive ever played!
  20. May 1, 2013
    There's not much I can say that hasn't been said by many others, but this is absolutely my game of the year. Although I liked the previous BioShocks well enough, I had a lot more fun with Infinite. I've played it 11 times so far. I haven't replayed a game this much in many years.
  21. Jun 19, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite, for all intents and purposes is a game that delivers. Elizabeth is a lovable companion, and surprisingly for once, it doesn’t feel like an escort mission. Rather a companion that helps you out when you most need it. The setting and graphics are nothing short of breathtaking. Everywhere you look there is something interesting to look at; it makes you slow down and take a good look before progressing. There is also no feeling of repetitiveness, the game offers quite a bit level design and variety.
    Game flaws would include the fact that you can only carry two weapons at a time, but other than that, there’s really nothing more that can be thought of.
    Bioshock Infinite is a game that will immerse you to the very end. This is a game that instantly hooks you into its world the moment you hit start, and doesn’t let you go until days after you finally get over that ending. It’s that good.
  22. May 12, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a terrific entry into the Bioshock franchise giving us a beautiful flying city, intelligent AI, breathtaking combat system, magnificent story and probably the best FPS by far that I have ever played. From the audio to the screaming of the Songbird, the music ticks all the right boxes. All the way from start to finish this game shows us that games can become an art form and who could deny that claim.

This game has stunning visuals that would make a computer melt its screen because of it. Columbia looks like a peaceful place but it is a ticking time bomb waiting to go off and the dark underbelly of this FPS shows us that with some bloody violence and some dark and gritty themes all sugarcoated in that 1900's optimism. The skyhook is such a welcome addition to this game and Elizabeth really shines as a partner (although sometimes she feels like a disney princess trapped in an FPS.)

Full of twist and turns and with great randomly generated Gear thrown at you to change up the gameplay with every playthrough this game delivers on what it promised and proves that Bioshock is as good as ever and I'm sure another Bioshock will follow after this one, how could it not. This was a 10 out of 10 experience for me and after the end credits rolled I just wanted to play it all over again, this shows that it was doing something right and it sure has.
  23. Jun 27, 2013
    A wonderfully crafted game with detail in every corner, a cohesive and interesting story that not only challenges the mind but grips it from start to finish. The art style is wonderful, creating a believable and beautiful world one could love to get lost in. Elizabeth is the best companion character of any game to date which serves to add to the combat as much as the story. A climax that defies all belief marks this game out as one in a million, mastering the art of writing for an interactive medium, this is everything the first two games were and more. Well done Irrational Expand
  24. Jun 1, 2013
    Let me just say, this is not only one of, if not the best, written video game of all time, this is one of the most well written THING... as in Everything, of all time. I've never read a book with this good of a story. I've never watched a movie with this good of a story. I've never read a comic book with this good of a story, nor poem, nor song, nor play. It had me close to tears by the end. It taps into the hidden potentials of video games as an artistic medium to make one of the greatest games of this generation. Expand
  25. Jul 29, 2013
    one of the best games of this generation, and prob one of the best of all time, the final was amazing, words cant explain the epicness of a ending like that, no gamer should avoid a game like this one
  26. Jun 4, 2013
    Its just a GREAT game. I cant even describe it. Its just so much fun to play and the story is great. It is just so much fun to play and after i write this review im going to play it. So its a VERY great game.
  27. Jun 11, 2013
    stunning don't hesitate buy it brilliant story best looking game i played in awhile and gore galore. this game is the best in the series by far also has a few mini games built in which can be fun ~P
  28. Jun 11, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite contains everything a game should have; good gameplay, a great story, admirable characters- this game got it all. Hyped up since the announcing of it, Bioshock Infinite was surely in for a ride. I preordered a copy and waited. Finally, the game was starting up. The gameplay was amazing. They clearly fixed the shooting problems that was from the first game, and added a lot more weapons. The story was mind-blowing, and there is a HUUUUGEE twist that comes out of this. You become attached to the characters with the snap of your finger, and you meet many more along the way. The voice acting is incredible, ranging from teary song lyrics sung by Elizabeth to heart-breaking tales told by Booker. I highly recommend this game- and if you played the first two games like I did, you will like it ever more. Expand
  29. Jun 19, 2013
    I love the game, the shooting mechanics are superb. The level design is really creative and fantastic. The best thing about this game was Elizabeth. She is one of the best companions in video gaming history.
  30. Jun 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Doesn't use the vast opportunity of alternate dimensions to it's fullest. Core story is very shallow, despite seeming very intricate at first. Combat is non existent and Elizabeth is a very bad side character that seems to be there just to throw coins to you through walls. Expand
  31. Jun 22, 2013
    I've played many wonderful games in my youth. You know, when you are young and world is new and your friends are around and having fun everything is so much better.

I became software developer. As ages passed I've got lonelier. As I've become more experienced I've started to be numb to the new games. Yes, I saw colors in them and, sure, I bited. But to my sadness I felt no taste, no
    emotions. I felt I'm a keyboard&mouse operating machine that needs to execute to finish the game.

I though I'm getting old. Took me a while....

I've started Bioshock Infinite with usual: I've saved so many worlds before, this will be done in no time, just show me The Boss.

And then somewhere half way though the I felt that tingling sensation. I felt something! I felt the people who created this game saves many worlds as well. And this one is somehow different. I felt young and surprised by the world.

And when I passed the game ending I was just an ashamed and astonished kid that was lucky to touch the masterpiece made by of people truly order of magnitude wiser then him.
  32. Jun 29, 2013
    I played the game before, and I just watched a playthrough of it. It has the most beautiful story ever. Everyone should play it. I like the gameplay too. Some people had problems with the combat, I didn't, I really liked it; I usually don't play first person shooters, I don't really like them, but in this game, I enjoyed it. Best ending ever, best game ever, 10/10.
  33. Dec 20, 2013
    Welcome to the true FPS game, this game is a masterpiece. The fact that Booker is as a real character instead of a character who has no name and does not talk is awesome. The relationship between the two characters is amazing and the story is truly a work of genius, at the beginning of the game the player has no idea of the turns the story takes. Combat is ingenious and skylines are fun in a combat situation, the vigors are awesome powers that Booker can use. In terms of graphics this game is a masterpiece, Columbia is an amazing city where the player is able to spend hours contemplating the landscape. I never gave perfect score to a FPS game, but here you can forget everything you know about an FPS game, the Bioshock franchise is simply the best FPS ever. Expand
  34. Jul 6, 2013
    The best Story in a video game period. amazing characters, fun gameplay, beautiful setting, and DLC coming in the future! can't wait. This was worth the $60 I paid and worth the wait.
  35. Jul 28, 2013
    Lets just say, this game is truly a masterpiece, The graphics, storyline, combat, and the mindf@#! moments all make this game worth every cent, I certainly will play this again, and again.

BUY IT!
  36. Aug 4, 2013
    The gameplay was fluid and at the same time extreme, the story had depth and was complex unlike a lot of fps games these days, the graphics were absolutely outstanding, and finally the soundtrack gave it that 1900s touch. Bioshock Infinite is one of those games where you sit, paralyzed on your couch, after having finished the story, still digesting the series of events that had just happened. Simply beautiful, one of my favorite games I've ever played. Expand
  37. Aug 8, 2013
    Few games can be as engaging and imaginative. Bioshock Infinite's setting is unmatched as far as world building is concerned. The story and characters are diverse and allegorical. The gameplay is fun and innovative. I laughed, I cried and I kept thinking about this game long after the credits rolled. A must buy.
  38. Aug 19, 2013
    Definitely one of the best games put there for PS3. I've never played Bioshock 1 or 2 as I thought they were to scary (sic). But I think this is just about perfect. Still, not a game for sissies but a great experience whatsoever.
    The story, the gameplay, the graphics, the weapons, everything looks, feels, and is god in this game. Although the story gets a bit difficult to keep up with
    sometimes it is still a great story that is so deep and interesting. Add to that the (now famous) Elizabeth who enchants this game so much that I simply can't imagine any game getting this close to a perfect companion ever! You simply can't help but admire her and all I wanted was to get to know more of her story!
    This game definitely deserves a spot in the hall of fame, 'cause it's simply just GOOD!
  39. Sep 14, 2013
    I love everything about this game. First of all the gameplay is absolutely great; it never bored me. The characters in the game are amazing too. Elizabeth is an absolutely brilliant character. From all game characters, Elizabeth is the most human-like yet, who really brings emotion into the game. As the game progresses you caring for her and her feelings. Also Robert and Rosalind Lutece are outstanding characters. In fact, they are my favourite characters of the game, above Elizabeth. Their witty comments and their mysterious nature makes them incredible interesting.
    What really makes this game a true masterpiece is its story. Reading about the history of the characters and the city is very interesting and gives you more insight on what's happening around you. But what makes the story really that amazing is that BioShock Infinite has the best ending of all games I have ever played. Its unpredictability and genius is just amazing. I don't want to spoil anything, so there is not much more I want to say about the ending. Just play the game and you will see yourself.
    I really recommend getting this game.
  40. Oct 22, 2013
    Although this game is waaaay different than the first two Bioshocks, it is still an amazing game. It earns the 10 it gets. The visuals are just breathtaking,the gameplay is smooth and fast, the characters are kind of meh but some are amazing, the story will keep you wanting more and the overall feel is nice. It's GOTY worthy and worthy of your money.
  41. Nov 1, 2013
    If you are of those people who are looking to play a commercial fps, please be away from this game, it has a complicated story, different mechanics compared to other shooters, and it has no multi-player, but if you are looking for great solo experience, intriguing story, incredible game design, funny game-play mechanics, beautiful visuals, in short, a excellent game experience; well this is the game you wanna play. Expand
  42. Nov 2, 2013
    OMFG!!! This game is amazing.

The game started of good, and the flying city of Colombia is interesting to say at least. When I played this game I had not played any other BioShock games, but now I have started to play BioShock 1.
    Graphics in this game are not made to look realistic, but both art style and graphics are gorgeous. And the extreme amount of gore just helps the game on the
    way. The combat and shooting mechanics are very fluid and fun to play with.
    But what really blew my mind with this game was the ending. And without spoiling it is going to leave you with questions and I thought about it for the entire credits before I fully understood it.
  43. Nov 24, 2013
    In a nutshell: this is the best game I have ever played ever, and one of the best games you and I will ever play. It is perfect. It is raw, unadultarated and makes no apologies for it, yet it is beautifully balanced in every way. The mind-bending vistas of Columbia, the "Repunsel-inspired" story, the creative cause and effect combat that has become so classic to BioShock and then there's the really special little gem called Elizabeth... I didn't know AI's could be this human, honest to God she has more character in her severed "pinkie" finger than the entire human race put together. BioShock Infinite has something for everyone, no matter how big or small everyone can connect with this masterpiece on some level. But really the only reason BioShock Infinite gets 10/10 is because I can't give it 21/10. Expand
  44. Jan 18, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A beautiful game. The floating city of Columbia may be the most vibrant and stunning environment we've ever seen in a video game. Solid gameplay, a story and extreme twist that is bound to give you a headache, and dynamic life-like characters. I'm not sure if a game has ever had as much as an impact as this game had on me. A perfect game. 10/10
    ....BOOKER CATCH!
  45. Feb 9, 2014
    This game... This freaking game is amazing, PICTURE PERFECT. Having being the second Bioshock I've played, I was expecting something like Bioshock 2. But when I tried the game myself, it was bright and colorful. Gameplay wise its the same as Bioshock 1&2 but you can only carry 2 weapons at time. This was annoying yes but you learn to work around it. It actually makes it more engaging when your in the middle of a fire fight, your out of ammo on both your weapons, you can pick one of the weapons an enemy dropped and use it. The music is nice, not really my taste seeing as how the music is 1910s. Storywise, UGH!! CAN NOT GET ENOUGH OF IT!! This game is a must have. I recommend it for ANY gamer out there who loves to think and get engaged to the story Expand
  46. Jan 22, 2014
    Absolutely incredible game. This was the first of the BioShock franchise i've played and it has easily become one of my favourite video games ever. The graphics and locations are stunningly beautiful, and the gameplay is great. The story itself keeps you interested till the very end. All in all, a masterpiece.
  47. Jan 22, 2014
    The original BioShock is a true masterpiece. I did not think that it could be topped in any way. BioShock 2 gave me some hope, though it did not satisfy me the same way that the original did. But, with Infinite, Irrational has truly given an equal to the original. This game truly has next to no flaws. The gameplay is so smooth, with the 8 Vigors and the different guns mixing seamlessly to provide combat that is as satisfying as you would expect from an Triple-A game. The story, though a bit confusing near the end, still drew me deeper into Columbia, a city that, just like Rapture, feels as though it is reality. The issues of racism and exploitation of the working man are drawn in a sharp picture, that leaves you thinking for hours after the credits roll. Ken Levine and Irrational Games have done yet another video-gaming masterpiece, that, along with the original, can be shown as prime-example of video games being more than just 'shooting people'. Expand
  48. Feb 8, 2014
    First off let me say. No PC gamer here but, I think this game probably would play better on PC. Now to get that out of the way, platform choice will not ruin this great game. This game has a great story, characters, and premise. Elizabeth the character you are with 90 - 95% of the time sold this game totally to me. She is the most helpful and best AI companion you will EVER see to this day. The creation of Elizabeth was a true gaming achievement, that is after all makes this game most worth wile. The shooter aspect of the game is lacking to say the least but I think it didn't totally ruin the game, also another pet peeve is that the middle section of this game carries on FOREVER. Other than that BUY THIS GAME. You will not regret it, if you have a good brain in your head Expand
  49. Feb 22, 2014
    Best Bioshock to date. I know many people will disagree with me, but this game shocked me like nothing I've ever played before, even surpassing the shock value of the original. The game starts off fantastically, offering a bit of a nostalgia effect for old fans. Where as you took the bathysphere down to an a "hellish" place, you take an elevator up to an almost "heavenly" place. Not to mention that the opening sequence is was so beautiful, it was probably the first time I've ever stopped to in awe, to look around and take in what I was seeing. The combat was a bit repetitive, but was fluent, and definitely felt better than the first two games. They also manage to throw in those horror elements the games are known for that you wouldn't expect from a city like Colombia.
    Enough about that though. The two things I think most people are wondering about are Elizabeth and the game's story. Well, Elizabeth is an amazing character, unique in almost every way, and she makes it feel like it's not an escort mission, but that she's been you're partner from the beginning. Seriously, now that I've seen what a god follower can do, I plan on going lone-wolf the next time I play a game such as Skyrim or FNV.
    Finally, there is the story, and let me tell you, this game delivers. From that amazing opening scene I mentioned earlier, to the ending. Oh boy, that ending. Never has any form of entertainment shocked me like this ending did, with a plot twist that even topped the original Bioshock's. And it still gives me the shivers on my 3rd playthrough. Game of the year, and one of the best of the generation.
  50. Feb 25, 2014
    best game ever if you haven't played this your life means nothing
    i mean you can not say that is was a bad game anyway this was the best best game i have ever played wonderful story awesome ending and you are just bioshocked when it ends!
  51. Apr 16, 2014
    This game was absolutely amazing. I am not usually a FPS but I gave in for this game and am so glad I did. The story line especially that ending...that ending! Of course no spoilers plus how can you possibly explain how it messes with your mind. I loved it. I was very fond of Elizabeth. Quite a character and great it didn't really feel like an escort mission. Whenever the dear threw me some coin or ammo I would say thanks Liz. The visuals were the thing that drew me into playing the game but the storyline kept me playing. Outstanding. I am going to go for a second play through soon and I cannot wait to return to Columbia! Must get all those tapes... Expand
  52. Apr 10, 2014
    Like Bioshock 1 and 2, this game left a lasting impression for me. Playing it gave me a similar feeling to playing "Doom" for the first time. I won't go into too much detail on the story, because this is a review, not a synopsis, rest assured though, the story is very good. It provides a strong incentive to really kick some ass. And that's why Infinite is so well done: you feel like what you're doing has a purpose. It's not just a series of contrived objectives that gets you from point "A" to point "B;" the action has a very natural feel, as opposed to the heavily scripted, QTE games of today. This is a richly crafted game, with a very candid feel. Most importantly though, it's truly very fun, and it doesn't insult your intelligence! Best game of 2013. Expand
  53. Apr 9, 2013
    Infinite plays around with many different concepts and themes as far reaching as Religion and Science. Yet it's these kinds of hard hitting issues that define Bioshock. The denizens of the squalid underwater utopia and this supposed haven in the sky, encases the protagonists in worlds that are disposed of egalitarianism. Bioshock Infinite is a remarkably presented game, with great ideas and an ambiguous yet sentimental ending. The combat has you dicing between weapons and vigors, (a consumable alternative to plasmids) which have multiple varients such as Undertow- which is a short spray of liquid which can primarily fling targets away from you. The secondary usages of these vigors are usually trap based, and are meant to take out multiple hostiles at once. Enemy types are a little unimpressive, with face painted vox populi figures and big-daddy-like suited mercenaries taking most screen time. Encounters with the hulking Handymen and the Boy of Silence are miniscule, though there are quite a few fireman battles. Each of these are an ample test of your abilities to wield the vigors and plasmids, and are great enemies for experimentation. Your lifebar is much longer now, so you won't constantly be returning to chambers each time you die, and Elizabeth is great at gifting items that she finds, whilst staying out of sight of the enemy. Though it is a little odd that she gifts you so many coins. It's also a shame that there is no backtracking for collectibles, but the story and characters anchor the experience, which is the right approach. In the end Infinite completely delivers on the immersion and the care which lifts Bioshock above generic shooter status. Expand
  54. Apr 11, 2013
    Well considering the everything everyone has already ran over here with their smug giant ass in head Winnebagos, I will just go ahead and say it. I agree with thems alls! I will say that the original Bioshock kicked the living poop out of me for some time, an I always felt starved for ammo and on the edge. Here it is not the case, which for a fraidy cat is really nice. I like feeling challenged but comfortable enough that I know I can get ammo when I need it if I have the Jing. Beautiful beyond words is the world that you are thrust into, I was in awe from the first moment. Tried showing it to my Fiance who is religious, did not go over well... D: Imagine that. But the Symbolism inherent to works like these is thick and the iconography is just glorious. People will always complain about this or that not being what they had hoped, not enough, or too much. But the reality is, Irrational really did us a service with this one. I would have liked to see more interaction with Songbird early on, maybe a decent battle, or something physical. I was pleased with how the character was used. Elizabeth was fantastic and I found myself emotionally interested in her more than I expected to. As a parent you inherently feel more for how Children play in power scenarios. Some levels really seemed like the team went "OK we have all these ambitions, and only 80% funding and time in which to execute them" and it does feel a bit constricted. But it's great really, the weapons have gotten much more exciting than the first bioshock, and that for me was a major point of improvement that was noticeable. I ran with the Sniper rifle and Carbine as I love ranged engagements. I upgraded shock jockey and that ended up being very useful. I took one point off for an ending that I felt could have offered more in which to do with a scenario it was afforded through the complex story. Enjoy! Expand
  55. May 3, 2013
    It might be a little early to say but this might just be my game of the year, maybe even my game of the decade. It really is that good. It does exactly what a sequel should do, it expands upon what the previous game or games have offered and creates an experience that feels totally new, yet delightfully familiar. Once again Irrational Games has created a world that will suck you in. The narrative and setting both are near perfect and couldn't have been done better. You'll want to explore every nook and cranny of Columbia, and the game rewards you for doing so. Whether it's a voxophone recording or a power up exploring the local bar or store is always worth your time. The gameplay is fantastic, the excellent combination of gunplay and Vigors (aka Plasmids) makes for an extremely fun experience. I can't talk about this game without giving praise to the Elizabeth AI. From the moment I knew she would be with me I was worried that this game was going to turn out to be one long and irritating escort mission. Thankfully I couldn't have been more wrong, throughout the entire game I never once had to make sure Elizabeth was safe during a firefight. She's able to take care of herself and even helps you out during combat by giving you health and ammo when you're low. She also is able to "tears" which give you access to things like cover or turrets. I was glad that she was by my side when I was playing this game. BioShock Infinite is a rare kind of game, it hooks you right from the beginning and makes the FPS genre feel fresh again, and does it without multiplayer of any form. It makes you feel and is absolutely an essential purchase. Mix in the fact that the PS3 version of BioShock Infinite comes with a free downloadable copy of the original BioShock already installed on the disc and you have no reason not to go and pick this game up right now. That is unless you just hate having fun. Expand
  56. Apr 14, 2013
    This game is worth the hype do yourself a favor and at least rent it, you won't be disappointed, this is a true work of art. Plenty of throwbacks to the original Bioshock which is easily one of the best games of all time.
  57. Apr 25, 2013
    Ok, I give this one 9 out of 10. But is it worth all thy hype and praise? Well, 90% of it, hence my score. This is one of the best games I have played recently and a haunting story that got me hook from the first to the last minute. But, is it the best Bioshock of all? Not it's not. "Would you kindly?" still wanders my thoughts and I don't think Infinite will linger for that long. Bioshock 1 still is the best game. BI is gorgeous, with a different tone and atmosphere than previous entries. Fist of all, the confinement is gone traded for an endless sky with no boundaries. The setting is different, as well, where a 'Dark Disney' feeling substitutes the steampunk-utopia of Rapture. Nevertheless, this game CANNOT be missed. The Bioshock pedigree is there, filled with its interesting characters and (not always) predictable plot twists. The game plays beautifully too, making this one an almost perfect package where plot and action are very well intertwined. One of the best releases of 2013, for sure. Expand
  58. Mar 31, 2013
    In the first "BioShock", the main protagonist (like many FPS protagonists) was a blank slate. Nameless, voiceless, and effectively inconsequential. He was still important, sure, but his importance was owed mostly to his actions and origin rather than his personality or motivations. He was meant to be an empty vessel, and in a way, he could have been anybody. The real star was the city of Rapture and the philosophy and history within it. In "BioShock Infinite", however, it feels as though the roles have been reversed. While the flying city of Columbia is interesting and rich, by the end of the story, you realize that it really could have been any city with any philosophy and the story wouldn't have been very different. The real stars this time around are the central characters of Booker DeWitt and Elizabeth. While it does feel a waste that such an interesting setting is only explored peripherally, the focus on character in this game gives it its edge and its story is a puzzle but it doesn't sacrifice engagement in order to keep the player guessing. One of the best games ever. Expand
  59. Jun 4, 2013
    First off, I have to say that the ending *SPOILERS* was great and the way it worked by rear-ending itself killing the loop of DeWitt turning into Comstock was brilliant, but I think the gameplay shone through more for me than just the ending.

The Skyrail system was AWESOME, the vigors/gear were a welcome addition (especially the gear, go the 70% Electric Melee 3 x Melee reach FTW!!)
    Melee was an integral part of my combat rotation, and it felt so clean and natural it's hard to put into words how good it felt raining death from above, charging, melee then shotgunning (very Mass Effect Vanguard-esque).

Overall I give it a 9.5 out of 10 would have got a full 10/10 if it was a tad' longer.. but 10 hours is pretty good none-the-less.

Pretty Good!
  60. Jan 13, 2014
    The setting is amazing and rarely used, the combat is solid with the powers as an ideal addition but the heartpiece of Infinite is its story. Its complex and gets you emotionally.
  61. Jun 16, 2013
    This game is amazing visually, the graphics and scenery of the city were wonderful. The story was quite interesting. I was hoping for more free roam to explore the city and ride the skylines however. Overall, a brilliant game.
  62. May 13, 2013
    First of all this is by no means a "Bioshock", this has nothing to do (but the game title) with previous Bioshock games. No little sisters, no big daddys, no rapture, etc. It has its fair similitudes but thats it.

Aside from that, I must say this game blowed me away the first hour of play (then I got used to its awesome ambient, graphics, sounds and freakingly great soundtrack).

Really good story, lots of action, the enemies and Elizabeth feel smart, plus the interaction of Elizabeth and the surrounding areas its something I have never seen before in a game, its just so damn good.

This game feels unique in terms of in game art, story and music. I do recommend this game, but not to anyone. This game its art and its worth every penny.

The downside, the game is really short, offers no consequences to your actions therefore, no multiple endings. Getting the missing trophies/achievements dictate its replay value since it offers nothing more for a 2nd or a 3rd playthrough.
  63. Nov 21, 2013
    I was hesitant on picking this game up at first. The game is a bit cartoonish, but for some reason it's super-violent. Very strange combination. But the story is fantastic and the characters play off of each other well. The game is very different from the original Bioshock, but it still feels like a Bioshock game.
  64. Mar 27, 2013
    I was never a huge Bioshock fan but I did I enjoy the first two games so I decided to try Bioshock infinite since everyone was saying how incredible it was,and I can honestly say that those people are so right.everything about infinite is perfect,infinite has a great story and great cast of characters,the gameplay is fun and keeps you on you're feet,the graphics are very and I mean very impressive.if you enjoy fops games this is for you,and if you enjoy great games,Bioshock infinite is right up you're alley. Expand
  65. Jan 31, 2014
    You might want to read explanations after playing the game. It left me barely grasping the connections, only partly satisfied by getting the main 'reveal', but wikis have helped me see the whole genius of the plot and concept. Never before this game have I played a game with such intricate logic, combined with such a deeply philosophical understanding of existence. Just take everyone's word for it, but be aware that you may not be smart enough to figure out the intricacies and see the full value on your own. The gameplay is solid BTW, fun fast-paced shooting, and interesting audio collectibles strewn throughout the virtual marvel that is Columbia. If it wasn't for the story, I wouldn't consider a second play-through. But man, it's now when it makes sense that I want to discover the game. One downside is that Elizabeth is mostly not used actively in the gameplay. That had more potential. Expand
  66. Mar 29, 2013
    Expectations, I can say, have been exceeded. Bioshock's strongest talking point was its location; a sub-mariner underground brimming with mystery and danger. Infinite sells on the same principle, a steam punk world where nothing really makes much sense and everything at the same time just seems so damn cool.

I dare you to miss it.
  67. Dec 8, 2013
    Loved it! A very unique FPS, the journey through Bioshock Infinte was epic there's a lot of action and i mean a lot! The graphics are very good though there are some strange blured textures i've encountered on both Ps3 and 360. The sound and the music is excellent the gameplay is fast and perfect. The story... ahh well the story is Bioshock Infinte's biggest strength and weakness or flaw whatever, while it's very engaging and it grabs you from the very beggining later on it gets very strange and hard to follow all that parallel universe crap got me so confused. in other words it's a mindf**k! Other than that the game is amazing and the campaign is very long for a fps definitelly a must buy! 9.6/10 Expand
  68. Aug 8, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a game that will stick to you long after you finish it. Irrational games has made a game that will never be forgotten. I believe that the goal of developers should not be to create a game to play, but a game worth experiencing. And that is exactly what Bioshock Infinite is. An experience.

FULL REVIEW AT: http://hapticzone.wordpress.com/
  69. May 27, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is great, but it's not perfect. The gameplay is not always as tight as in other Triple A games, nor are the ideas expressed always as challenging or original as in many Indie games. But, rarely are challenging ideas brought up in a Triple A game they were in Bioshock, and they are again in Bioshock Infinite. This game has points of pure greatness that transcend the overall goodness of the game; and if for no other reason, purchase and play this game so that you can experience a game which challenges your perception of morality, reality and the conventions of modern game design.

Rarely do games of this size present such introspection as to the medium, and criticisms of social norms.

Buy this game... would you kindly...
  70. Mar 30, 2013
    Infinite meets all of my expectations, luckily, and pushes the FPS genre forward in terms of narrative and gameplay with ease. I've never been a huge fan of the FPS genre as I feel that(making exceptions for games like Bioshock and Crysis) the genre as a whole has not pushed forward in the same ways as what other genres have. Luckily Infinite proves me to be wrong. The story draws you in, keeping you invested without the need of any cheesy cliches, and meets the same standard as what you would hope for a Bioshock sequel. The relationship between you and every other character is constantly changing and keeping fresh. But its not until you meet Elizabeth that the game becomes more than just a great game, it becomes a classic. In terms of story it becomes interesting, but its the gameplay that really benefits from her. Tears become a massive part of the gameplay, just as much as the super-powered vigors, making the battle feel like its constantly changing and becoming more complex. This also is in favor to the enemy types which are impressive as they range in difficulty making you often on edge throughout fights. This becomes more apparent when you consider the sound design as well, which is beyond impressive. Overall this game is an instant classic with plenty of replay value. Expand
  71. Feb 9, 2014
    Another piece of art game for BioShock. Lovely story and enjoyable game play just like BioShock 1.
    I have no takes on the game except for the auto save points that I wished to be more frequent and after each fight.
    The story has an interesting twist. New elements added to it that made it that interesting.
    I loved the Sky-line ride and fights.
    I finished the game and now replaying it on
    1999 mode to get the platinum. Totally recommended if you don't have it. And it's great that you don't have to play any previous BioShock games. It's totally new set.
    But if you wish to just play BioShock 1. Skip 2 as it has nothing to add.
    Any case you need to play this one if you are FPS gameplay fan.
  72. Apr 2, 2013
    Having waited for this game for nearly 3 years i had a-lot of expectations pressuring this game. but unlike uncharted 3 i was not disappointed. living up to the amazing story telling you would expect from irrational games, infinite is a truly moving story. most notably for me is the brilliance in the AI. enemies will chase you around the sky and flank you on your cover giving the game a more hurried and desperate fighting scene. but the game evens out with an amazing AI partner. steering away from the usual robotic stuck in a corner, cannot continue until they move nuisance. the game brings a natural feeling and helpful character, allowing the game to move fluidly and add a new energy to combat.

But the game is not without its faults. despite being branded a Bioshock game, the game felt alienated from the previous installments. the vigors (plasmids) felt unearned when they where simply found about, instead of saving precious ADAM to purchase. every encounter with enemies was forced, unlike the careful decision to upset a big daddy for the chance of gaining resources. and even adding a voice to the main protagonist shifted this great game from its original feeling. but the most important change was the addition of magic. for me an unwelcome change to the world of Bioshock. these tears in reality being opened by a girl made the game too surreal. previous Bioshock games maintained a fantasy element but grounded it in an unseen science. it was believably unbelievable. giving a possible scientific outcome when great minds work together free from government control, but no such explanation was given in infinite.

despite the differences from its underwater brothers this game is still amazing. an evolution in story telling i wish more games would adapt. and when considered on its own is clearly a game to remember.
  73. Jun 22, 2013
    This is a great game and a truly worthy successor to Bioshock 1. Great story, awesome world and the characters suck you into the game. The sound sticks out the most and really immerses you into your gameplay. The graphics are pretty good but doesn't compare to pc at all. This game is worth the money you pay for it.
  74. Mar 28, 2013
    Go buy this game. NO I don't think you understand me here Go buy this game now Here's why I say this 1st off, Anything I say about this game could or would spoil the experience for anybody who hasn't played it. Secondly, The only thing I can say without ruining or potentially making the experience less powerful is that "This game is amazing" So, you should just go buy the game, play it, and love the heck out of it. Unless you are completely against violence or FPS games in general, you owe it to yourself to play this game.
    Once you have, then I wont need to tell you why you should play or buy it, cause you know exactly why: Quality
  75. Mar 23, 2014
    While i tough the first Bioshock was strongly overrated and i hated the second one, i must say that this one is really impressing. The graphics are spectacular and the story is great.
  76. May 2, 2013
    Though it won't sell 20 million copies like GTA or COD, this game is the closest and FPS has come to perfection since Resistance 3. One of the only THREE first person shooters I loved! GOTY contender for sure, up there with the likes of Tomb Raider and The Last Of Us.
  77. Jun 20, 2013
    It took me nearly 3 months but I finally completed the 1999 mode after god knows how many deaths, and I still want to play it again. If your a gamer; especially for you Bioshock fans, stop reading this, and go get this game for your library. Doesn't matter how you get it, just go and get it. If your still not convinced, than let me break it down for you. Without spoilers, the story is not cliched nor predictable, starting out as a damsel in distress rescue mission set between the late 1800s to early 1900s in a civilization in the sky called Columbia, but ends with the fall of Columbia, the discovery of self-identity and destiny, reuniting with a forgotten loved one, and parallel universe hopping. With themes of nature vs nurture, racism, religious satire, racial and social factions, steam punk, and time traveling. Nothing regarding the conflicts in this story is easily interpreted nor predicted, proving that everything has two sides to them, just like a coin. Interesting character back stories and Columbia history For graphics, the colors and the lighting and level and character designs are awesome. The atmosphere that the environment gives off can be either colorful, breathe taking, thrilling, majestic to dark, cold and suspenseful. The combat is fun and exhilarating because it forces you to think on your feet and plan ahead/create strategies instead of going in guns blazing or spray and pray. Your companion is actually helpful and not a chore. You don't need to babysit/look after/worry about the companion. She won't get in your way when fighting; she throws you ammo, money, health and salt(vigor/mana) potions; unlock certain locks; track and point out pick ups; and she CREATE/SPAWN health and salt pick ups, weapon and ammo pick ups, covers, distractions, ledges and hooks to jump off of, and robotic turrets/flying security drones/Mini-gun wielding George Washington robots to fight for you. (+)RPG elements like different clothes with different effects, weapon & power upgrades, and permanent health/shield/power increases. (-)Not only will the game feel short compared to the first two Bioshock games but the ending is not as fulfilling as the first Bioshock ending. (-)Rise and dip in difficulty on specific stages/levels (-)Multiple head-shots needed to kill enemies on harder difficulties (especially on 1999 mode) (-)Specific weapons, powers and clothing become useless once you create the combination of weapons, powers and clothing you find most efficient & effective. (-)You lose money if you die; I'll let you decide how that's a bad thing. Expand
  78. Mar 29, 2013
    It's good, really good, but I can't get away from the feeling that the original bioshock was longer, more atmospheric, had a clearer and more coherent story and was overall a better game. I'd most definitely recommend it but, well, I'm sorry to say that after a 2 year wait I was expecting.... More.....
  79. May 1, 2013
    This game is all about the story. The gameplay is straight forward and addicting, but as you all have probably read the vigor selection could have been more diverse. Brevity is not an issue but I've seen complaints about it? Either way the ending is a mind f*ck and the game is fun. Definitely on that season pass tip.
  80. Mar 26, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is a wonderful antidote to the extreme headache and disappointment that was Aliens: Colonial Marines and SimCity. This game is absolutely and utterly awe-inspiring! The BioShock games have a legacy of gold in terms of production value and narrative, and Infinite may just be the best in the series. I haven't played through the entire game yet but what I've played through thus far has left me wide-eyed like a a little boy on a birthday celebration that lasts weeks! The game art is superb. When I heard Infinite would take place in a flying city I almost immediately had my doubts. I thought "they've gone too far! Rapture is already so far-fetched". How wrong I was. No one other than Ken Levine (and Jules Verne maybe) can suspend our disbelief so quickly and utterly convince us that flying cities are possible! The voice-acting... what can I say... if only there were Oscars for voice-acting... this game would sweep them all. I'm not usually this prone to superlatives but I haven't come out of a game so utterly struck and moved by the genius of its design in... I can't even remember when was the last I felt like this. Maybe Majora's Mask? I don't know. These moments are so far between and rare. I won't get too much into narrative but what struck me the most is how much the game is actually about your companion, and not you. And the way the game almost effortlessly glides you through its narrative genius that you just cannot pull yourself away. The society of Columbia is euphoric... like a constant independence day that never ends and gives homage to itself in every way it can. But from the on-set there is something creepy about its perfection and its this mystery which keeps nudging you. I feel right at home in dystopias and it's so refreshing to see one that isn't just about doom and gloom, but rather about exceptionalism, perfection and utter narcissism. This game holds up a hyperbolic mirror to the U.S. and its culture and reveals the tarnished flaws it was built on and also highlights its promise. WHat an engaging world this game has brought us! And who says games don't make you think or waste your time? My one complaint about the game is despite having a machine which is able to run the game on ultra high graphics effortlessly, it does crash every so often with an error that reads "No disk in drive. Please insert HDD". I'm running the game off my hard drive so I fail to see how I should 'insert' another one and I definitely have enough memory. But nonetheless, this could be an issue with my own settings. This game is Great and it will receive all the glory and praise it deserves! At least there are still developers out there who know what they are doing and deliver each time. Bravo! Expand
  81. Mar 28, 2013
    Great graphics and interesting storyline. Combat is still second rate in my opinion, but the splendour of the environment will more than compensate for it. Disappointing though, to see, in the first few minutes, a large sign over one of the shops with a spelling error. (Confectionary) Sort of detracts from the professionalism of the game somewhat. Nevertheless, you won't be disappointed with this one. Expand
  82. Jun 24, 2013
    This game is one of favorite games of 2013.I loved every minute of it from the gameplay to the combat to the story,It was amazing! The story pulls you right in,and you actually car for Elizabeth.She is also not annoying. She does extremely helpful things such as giving you ammo,salts,and health. This game is truly great and deserves it glory
  83. Apr 25, 2013
    I was never really a fan of Bioshock, I played the first game for a few minutes and played through half of the 2nd game at a friend's house, but after seeing all the glowing reviews, I decided to get it a few days after release date. And I loved almost everything about this game. The gameplay was great, story was great, environmental graphics are great, facial animations look a little cartoonish, but still look good. It's a lot easier than the other Bioshock games, and great for newcomers since it only has minor references to previous games (a sort of big one in the end but I won't spoil it). Expand
  84. Mar 28, 2013
    This game is amazing. The plot had me intrigued from the start and never lost my attention. Game play is excellent, it took me some time to get really good on the skylines but once I had it down it was a thrill to zip around Columbia. Another great thing about this game is that Elizabeth never gets in your way during combat which is something I was worried about, but Irrational Games made it so she only helps you and never causes you trouble when the action picks up. If you enjoy video games I would say this is one to not be missed. Expand
  85. Mar 26, 2013
    Work made by devs is excellent.
    Gameplay,level design,graphics,etc..
    The universe around Bioshock is unique.
    Even i only played 3 or 4 hours, it looks like of a master 2013 game
  86. Mar 27, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is the type of game that, as one would expect from the likes of Irrational Games, leaves the player to think long after the credits roll. When I finished playing, my thoughts were along the lines of 'What just happened?', 'Does that mean...?' and 'Is it really over?'. Well, for the latter, I recommend that you stick around during and after the credits.

From a gameplay
    perspective, the game is sound. If you have played the original BioShock, you'll feel right at home with the new powers named Vigors, which are basically the Plasmids you're used to, albeit slightly different. The shooting feels fluid and accurate it's not as unrealistic as Call of Duty nor does it have the insane recoil that the Battlefield series possesses. There is the introduction of Tears, which allow you to use the abilities of a sophisticated and helpful AI named Elizabeth, who is critical to the story and never once gets in the players way. She can bring many things into the world around you, aiding in combat and/or navigation, such as cover, first aid kits, turrets etc. Throughout the game, you are given choices, but none of these effect the ending, which leads me to the story...

Compared to the first (And second) BioShock, choices in the game feel rather insignificant. They don't dramatically alter the world. However, unlike most games, the linear narrative suits the story the game is telling very well, and would destroy the idea that the player character, Booker DeWitt, is his own individual. Booker is neither a good nor bad person, and you won't always like who he is or what he's done, but players will find themselves caring for him by the end of the game. Elizabeth, Booker's companion, is a young woman who is very much like your typical princess locked in a tower...or so you first think. She is someone that you, as a player, want to protect, but such a thing is never required in combat. She is never a hindrance, only offering useful help throughout the game. I won't spoil any of the story for you, but it's nothing short of brilliant. Sometimes, you'll be completely puzzled. Others, you'll understand until a new element is introduced. But by the end, I understood everything completely, and even found myself emotionally touched. The presentation of the game is fantastic. I often found myself dazzled by just how beautiful this game is. The city is a wonder to behold. It's inhabitants look and act like they should. The environments are usually excellent. It seems that Irrational spent a long time polishing this fantastic experience, as I never once encountered a glitch while playing. The detail is astounding, in most cases. However, low texture does appear in the strangest of places. There was a point in the game that I had just jumped from a Skyline (Which are great fun!) and was ready to face a horde of enemies. What I wasn't prepared for was a giant, blurry...'thing' in front of me! It turns out that it was some sort of blimp device, but I would have never guessed had I not taken a few (Okay, I ran at least a mile) steps back to get a better look. Without a shred of doubt, BioShock Infinite is an early contender for earning many Game of the Year Awards. When I started playing the game, I was worried as to whether it would live up to the hype and the name of BioShock, but I can honestly say that it does just that. In many ways, this game is far superior than even the original. So, without further ado, would you kindly do yourself a favour and buy this game?
  87. Mar 29, 2013
    Completely amazing game. The story is great and Elizabeth is the most relatable video game character I've ever come across. She's not just another NPC that you drag around, she's a person who you get to know. She helps you out in battle, she talks to you, she relates with you. Elizabeth makes this game.

The only (minor) qualm I have with this game is the saving system. You can only load
    your most recent checkpoint, and there's no clear indication of when that was. You can't quicksave or quickload, and you can't save previous saves. This prevents you from going back to re-do an area differently or to make a different decision without outright playing the game again.

All in all, an amazing experience.
  88. Mar 29, 2013
    This is a very interesting game. Essentially, the game play is really nothing new. Its a straightforward shooter. You can only have two guns at any one time, and the powers that you get are not overly imaginative. If it weren't for the story, the game would just be a solid shooter. It is the story that really sets this game apart however. The ending sent me reeling, and I was hooked throughout the entire ride. The game makes you invested in finding and listening to the collectibles, to extract as much as you can from the story. I won't spoil anything, but it really gets you thinking. Its quite a ride.

I don't think that the game is perfect like others have suggested, they definitely could have made the game play more innovative, but its good at what it does.

Make no mistake, the game is good based on its own game play merits, but the narrative takes the game to a whole new level. Something very unique in Bioshock Infinite.
  89. Mar 31, 2013
    Is it a game? Is it an art? Bioshock Infinite is right in the centre. One of the most charming visions of utopia. Realistic graphics and very good locations will make you want to stop killing and start exploring every corner- what is rewarded in goods like perks, cash and... side quests. Also AI is doing fine. Elizabeth uses surrounding her items like books, tables, benches to perform an adequate action. She stops to read a book/journal or to sit on a bench. Game mechanism is nothing new. It is the same we remember from previous Bioshocks, but it is not a problem at all- game is very entertaining. Sound effects could be better, but are not bad. Graphics 10/10
    Sound 7/10
    Entertainment 9/10
    Ambiance 10/10
    Storyline 8/10

Overall: 8,8/10
  90. Apr 1, 2013
    Wow! This is a fantastic game that improves the gameplay aspect of the first (controls especially). Colombia is every bit as interesting as Rapture and begs to explored. More open spaces and vertical gameplay allow new approaches to combat unique for Bioshock. The story and graphics are equal to the first game, so it's a matter of individual preference. The really stand-out is your AI buddy Elizabeth. You'll want to help Liz escape and she doesn't whine to the point of annoying or interfere with your play.

The bad which keeps this game from a perfect 10 is AI of average foot soldiers. Sometime, you'll be able to escape rushing enemies by moving into a new room. They will not chase you past certain points and just turn around and walk back. Their lack of smarts is compensated by numbers, so think zombies.

The PS3 version comes with Bioshock 1 (12GB) so its two great games for the price of one, but I would recommend playing on a high-end PC. I can't comment on the Move aspect. It is not quite the RPG experience like Borderlands or Mass Effect 3. Trust me though, you'll enjoy this game!
  91. Apr 1, 2013
    It has the same problems that have hindered past installments of the Bioshock franchise, at some point you're just too powerful. The addition of Elizabeth constantly bailing you out of jams makes planning and restraint irrelevant. You can tear through the enemy set pieces knowing there's no way they can really stop you and if they do you can squash them on a second wind type go round. That having been said the ending is just amazing. This will be the high water mark of gaming story-telling for years to come. Ken Levine and the writers at Irrational Games should be applauded (they will) for another stellar script. If the last few levels didn't have the feeling of a tedious grind this would be a perfect game. Buy it, borrow it, do what you have to do but PLAY THIS GAME there is nothing like it, and there won't be anything like it for a long time. Expand
  92. Apr 7, 2013
    At first Bioshock Infinite seems like Bioshock with a new coat of paint, and for the most part that is correct, the game plays very similar with similar ideas and weapons and characters, this time your plasmids are called vigors,there is a city and there is a man that leads it with radical ideas. The real excitement comes at the end when everything gets explained the rapture/columbia connection, the elizabeth/booker connection, and the connection between booker/comstock/elizabeth. If it seems like the game is dragging on and you just want to give up keep hanging in there and finish it, it is totally worth it. Expand
  93. Jun 2, 2013
    It's a very solid title, with great visuals and sound (I loved the Skyhook!) However, I can't help but be slightly cynical. The game seems progressive at first but sinks into a rehash of the original Bioshock games as a linear shooter. How great this would have been as a free-roaming game, perhaps some puzzles, and some kind of NPC social element. Also, not to mention I spent a lot of time digging through trashcans and dresser drawers for food & cash. Still a great game with a VERY intriguing and original story. I'm anxious to see what the DLC season pass has to offer. Expand
  94. Apr 18, 2013
    The game is really good. I've been thinking about it several days after completion, and I've been showing it to friends for the pleasure to share. The main reason is it's a game, but it's also virtual tourism and storytelling mixed together.
    The fact that you need to figure out many things about story by finding clues scattered around increases the sense of interactive storytelling, and
    the misteries and themes on display here is so vast and diverse that your brain will be overheated in the process of munching in all the informations.
    Also, the shifts in the plot and the narrative ellipses are a quite bold and refreshing way to keep things going in a videogame.
    All these different levels of involvement contribute to create a very deep engagement.
  95. Apr 24, 2013
    Where do i even begin? i have never been so excited for a game to be released before. when i heard the announcement for bioshock infinite. i got pretty excited; however i was skeptical about how they were going to change from being trapped in an underwater city, to roaming a city in the sky. But leave it to irratonal games to surprise me. Bioshock infinite fully lives up to my expectations and then some.

the story behind bioshock infinite is you play as booker dewitt, and he has to find a girl to repay a debt, as you progress you find more of the backstory behind this dept and what booker has to pay to wipe it away. and then of course there's how beautiful the game looks. from the astounding first appearance of columbia; to suddenly being in the midst of a civil war in the sky. this is a real sight to behold.

now there are many characters in this game, and all of them has a really interesting backstory, booker is the character you spend the game continually discovering. his story is explained as you play the game: and the reason isn't amnesia for once. he chose to forget but certain events reveal them to the gamer and to the other main character: elizabeth. she is a really interesting character, and she is like booker, her story is cleverly and purposely hidden from the player. and the reveal behind her real personality and backstory leads to one of the most shocking endings to a video game.

the gameplay behind infinite is...functional, it follows the same bioshock 2 formula, guns and plasmids, however in this game there are some welcomed as well as unwelcomed changes; such as plasmids are now vigors, and there's no more adam, money rules this world. when not using vigors, you will hold your weapon like in bioshock 1, unfortunately you can only carry 2 weapons at a time, so you have to be careful on your choices. also you can no longer carry health/salt items. instead to make up for this you are given gear and a regenerating shield. so it's unfortunate, but it's a forgettable change as you go on because now i go into my next part

it is much easier then either of the previous bioshocks. ammo is $8. and that's for every weapon. plus ammo is everywhere as well as is health and salt items, so don't expect to run out of health or salt over a prolonged period. and then we have the best part of the game: skyline fights. by far the best new system in bioshock. you get to use a magnetized hook to ride along skylines as you shoot enemies. and even better, you can use the hook as a melee weapon.

overall the game offers many new features in it's gameplay and offers an intriguing plot with many shocking moments. and if you'll excuse me i have to go beat it again.
  96. Apr 25, 2013
    As games become more and more popular its getting difficult to find a game that feels original, Bioshock Infinite is a truly beautiful game which sets the bar for story driven games. Not only has this been one of the most satisfying games to complete but you'll find your self replaying the game to learn more about Colombia and its racist residents. Admittedly the only reason I have given this game a 9 and not a 10 is because its missing one element of game play which the first Bioshock nailed which is unnerving atmosphere, although Infinite has its moments I found id happily run around corners and pick up items without the fear of being attacked. The original made me nervous to run through a room, id plan how to take out enemy's to preserve ammo which just felt nonexistent in Bioshock Infinite. Over all this is an incredible game and even with its complex story line will manage to keep you intrigued. Expand
  97. Apr 26, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite, what hasn't been said? this game is superb, beautiful visuals,the colors are crisp and the art direction is truly the best ive seen in a while. this game has a interesting story, it starts quite simply, but takes a a dark turn about 20 minutes in and the game has such great flow. combat is rather interesting and the addition of the the new sky rail system keeps it from going stale. It is so familiar yet so different from the previous installments, this is a mature shooter and a experience you would not want to miss, i tip my hats to irrational for pulling this game off. its a must buy Expand
  98. Apr 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. BioShock Infinite is great game tho its much as the others. This is much of copy from 2. Lets get to talking about the game goods and the bad. What i liked about BioShock Infinite was story. It was very interesting and compelling. It was very mature and it speaks to the player on personal and emotional way like walking dead.
    When you you get into the lighthouse and lift off i was wow this is cool and when you got up to the clouds i was wow this is awesome! Graphics were so amazing that its very big plus.
    First when you start using vigor's and weapons it was cool. Also good thing was you get the different weapons and vigor's pretty fast. When i had played this half a day i got bit bored. Too much fighting. I feel that i didn't had enough of resting. You know what i mean? A break when i want to see animations etc. I would have seen more of that
    After all this is very good game and i hope that other game creators would create games like this. Emotional games that personally affects the player. Making him sad and happy.
  99. May 3, 2013
    This game was a HUUUGE improvement over the other ones. The first one was okay, the second one was a complete lost of time, but the third one, which usualy in games the third game in the series is the worst, in this case, is probably the best. Good atmosphere at all, very good graphics, music, gameplay is fine, also the grappling hook is very good, and it's a nice add to the game. The ending was a bit disappointing, and I think they could have done it better. Though, this game get's a 9/10. Expand
  100. May 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It was a pretty fun adventure but I do feel a bit sad for the Dewitt fellow with the suicide and all.But then again could always just switch dimensions and see him in action again.I also never found out why Comstock is raciest after his or should I say Booker's origin.If you see me say I said hello. Expand

1. May 27, 2013
    In an infinite universe, anything can happen, but in Infinite's, the specifics are what get you.
  2. Apr 23, 2013
    One of those rare games that speaks to the player on a personal, emotional level with a thought-provoking, mature storyline set in one of the most amazing worlds conceived in a game. Plus, it's a wonderful FPS with deep, tactical combat. Essential. [Issue#230, p.66]
  3. Multiple dimensions and a clever scenario with a surprise around every corner make it difficult for us to explain our enthusiasm without spoiling the story. Only the extended ghost chase (literally) halfway through the game drags on a bit too long. [April 2013, p.74]