8.7

1. andrewL
    Jan 14, 2009
    Honestly, its only rental worthy - first of all, i cant imagine wanting to play the story mode (not sure why i specified that there was a story mode, as theres no multiplayer mode for me to confuse anyone with.. whats with that?..) again without my items, of course you can but that involves paying $12.50 off the PSN store so 'F' that. the game has charm at first but once you Honestly, its only rental worthy - first of all, i cant imagine wanting to play the story mode (not sure why i specified that there was a story mode, as theres no multiplayer mode for me to confuse anyone with.. whats with that?..) again without my items, of course you can but that involves paying $12.50 off the PSN store so 'F' that. the game has charm at first but once you find you felt you spent more time watching the game install than you have playing it its become an annoyance. its almost impossible to hit enemies without spraying your weapons at them wasting precious ammo. then when you need ammo you talk to that hideous clown machine to spend your life savings on 12 pistol bullets. it becomes horrendous saving the girls after youve seen the same bloody animation 30 times (you know.. "NO... NO... *harmonious music*) and the damn hacking puzzles are so tedious and insanely annoying. some start in an impossible direction leading you straight to a trap, sucking your entire life bar just for not being quick enough. not forgetting how amazing the graphics are it was actually a good game, great game actually... but its definitely not something i want to own anymore especially without any enticing replay value. Expand
  2. OleT
    Dec 11, 2009
    Hate the controlls, and there is no alternative one. Hate the aim sensitivity, kind of similar to Half Hife 2 ps3(The Orange Box). Dont know about story, since this game was unplayable for me, using a ps3 controller. No doubt this was ment playing on a computer.
  3. Mar 17, 2011
    i could not play this game it was too creepy and there is no way of knowing where you are supposed to go and i endded up getting lost so sorry to say but this game fell short and i soon traded it in after i bought it
  4. Jan 27, 2014
    I'm truly not a hater of any game but I really don't understand the reason for the high scores, to me this game was boring, the story somehow original, and the horrible controls, that didn't help.

1. A remarkable achievement, a triumph of gameplay and narrative that everyone should choose to play. [Nov 2008, p.70]
  2. With so much invention, intrigue and genuine brilliance packed into twelve hours of game-play, you just can't afford not to (pick up a copy). [Nov 2008, p.22]
    There's no doubt that Bioshock is one of the finest FPS games ever made and the PS3 port is stellar through and through. [Nov 2008, p.103]