BioShock PlayStation 3

8.7

1. Apr 21, 2013
    I played this a while back on the Xbox 360 and I can say that PS3 owners are getting the exact same game. BioShock is one of the best first person shooters ever created. It makes FPSs feel fresh again with it's unique take on the classic formula. It's mix of gunplay with powers called Plasmids keep the experience feeling fresh until the credits roll. But the real highlight of the gameI played this a while back on the Xbox 360 and I can say that PS3 owners are getting the exact same game. BioShock is one of the best first person shooters ever created. It makes FPSs feel fresh again with it's unique take on the classic formula. It's mix of gunplay with powers called Plasmids keep the experience feeling fresh until the credits roll. But the real highlight of the game isn't the gameplay, but rather the setting and story. The world of Rapture is a dark, mysterious, and sometimes scary place that will have you gripping your controller and searching every nook and cranny of its world. The story is filled with mystery, and throughout the world you will find audiotapes that will tell you more about Raptures dark past. Admittedly this being my 3rd trip to Rapture some of it's magic was lost to me, but that didn't keep me from having fun. When a game can keep you enthralled with its story even after you've seen its twists and turns, and keep you interested in its dark world even after you've explored it before you know you have a fantastic and groundbreaking experience. BioShock is a must play for any and all gamers. Expand
  2. Apr 4, 2012
    Bioshock is a great story driven FPS with science fiction overtones. It reminds me a lot of Half Life. Just like that untouchable classic, Bioshock has a fantastic, brooding atmosphere. The underwater metropolis of Rapture, which makes for the game's locale, is a fantastic creation. It's old art-deco design is both beautiful and very creepy. The story is descent, if a bit predictable, andBioshock is a great story driven FPS with science fiction overtones. It reminds me a lot of Half Life. Just like that untouchable classic, Bioshock has a fantastic, brooding atmosphere. The underwater metropolis of Rapture, which makes for the game's locale, is a fantastic creation. It's old art-deco design is both beautiful and very creepy. The story is descent, if a bit predictable, and entertains throughout. The combat is tight and fun, getting intense at all the right moments. Using all the different plasmid powers is a riot, too. Sting a guy to death with bees! Great! There isn't much to say about Bioshock in the negative. I would say that it does overstay it's welcome a little bit. It's a touch too long and the ending chapters aren't nearly as satisfying as those that came earlier in the game. This blemish aside, Bioshock is an excellent game. Expand
  3. Oct 19, 2010
    What an amazing game, what an amazing experience. Please do yourself a favor and pick this game up if you haven't. The story, the graphics, the gameplay it's all top notch.
  4. Nov 24, 2016
    Deutsche Review - Kritik

Deutsche Review - Kritik

Der folgende Test ist in 5 Kategorien zusammengefasst. Diese 5 Kartegorien ergeben die Gesamtpunktzahl von 0 - 100 Punkten. Um einen passenden Userscore zu geben wird auf oder abgerundet. Bei 84 Punkten ergibt das einen User Score von 8. Bei 86 einen von Userscore von 9. Falls eine 85 kommt entscheide ich ob ich es eher positiv oder negativ nehme. Regeln verstanden?
    Dann sind hier meine Punkte.

Mein persönlicher Score = 77/100
    Mein User Score = 8/10

Lohnenswert? = Definitiv, aber nicht für jeden.
    Fortsetzung erwünscht? = Gerne.
  5. Dec 29, 2014
    Bioshock is a masterpiece in every sense of the word. The gameplay is fun, the environment is terrifying, the story is gripping, and there are lots of horrors to be had. This game is true perfection.
  6. Feb 6, 2017
    Everything I say about BioShock will never be enough to profess my unconditional devotion for the game; guess I am somehow in love with it for good. BioShock is my favourite video game of all times, and doubtless a masterpiece per se.

This said, the truth is that I can only see virtues on BioShock: a brilliantly envisaged underwater setting (Rapture), which goes far beyond common imagination; a meticulously selected variety of classic songs, which contribute powerfully to create the atmosphere and the unique mood of the city; an unprecedented plot for a video game, built around philosophy (Ayn Rand) and the most genuine science fiction elements...

So many its artistic strengths are that I sometimes almost forget that it is a game meant for playing: a great first-person shooter, without a shadow of doubt. Even though I admit there might be slightly better FPS video games, BioShock is already one of the best within the genre, a full-of-action shooter with role elements, a large variety of weapons and 'magic powers', so to say (the plasmids).

We could discuss how good BioShock is in technical terms (quite good, indeed), but it is not even worth doing. When a video game transcends its own artistic constrictions and become a paradigm of why video games must be considered as art, there is not much more words can actually convey.
  7. Apr 12, 2013
    fantastic game. I loved the diverse vigors and weapons/ammos that you can use throughout the game. Big Daddies, perhaps my favorite reoccurring enemies to ever fight in video gaming history. The tonics and vending machines kept the game fresh where you can experiment on how you want to play the game. One of the top 5 video games I've ever played thus far.
  8. Apr 2, 2013
    What needs to be said about this game has already been said a million times over. There's nothing left to say. The game is damn near perfect. If you don't like this game, you're probably a tard
  9. Apr 20, 2014
    one of the most beautiful games I have ever played. BioSchock's Rapture is one of the most dark and fascinating video game worlds ever with so much detail. the plot is complex and mind bending with little to no holes. great original and stylistic mechanics with the use of plasmids and weapons that sound and feel satisfying. enemies are always a challenge, especially the big daddy's, andone of the most beautiful games I have ever played. BioSchock's Rapture is one of the most dark and fascinating video game worlds ever with so much detail. the plot is complex and mind bending with little to no holes. great original and stylistic mechanics with the use of plasmids and weapons that sound and feel satisfying. enemies are always a challenge, especially the big daddy's, and making the choice between harvesting or saving a little sister always had me weighing the benefits and of each decision even though I personally always chose to save them. This game is holder to one of the greatest mind f**ks of all time and is also one of the most memorable game moments of all time. If you havn't played this game yet, you don't know what your missing. Expand
  10. Apr 23, 2013
    Bioshock is an awesome game with a great story, great graphics, great characters and a great atmostphere!! I can't wait to see where Irrational is gonna take this series next!
  11. Nov 28, 2012
    As i affirmed in the PC version review, this is one of my favorite game ever because of the choices, interactivity and long range of weapons and plasmids. The story narrated by audio logs were fantastic and it was one of the best gaming experiences i ever add.
  12. Sep 6, 2010
    BioShock is a really good game. The fiction world that BioShock is set in, Rapture, is very well designed. The atmosphere is really cool; kinda like a horror game when you hear the echoing voices of Splicers around you, the game play is fine and the audio and voice acting is spot on. The plasmids are interesting to experiment with (there loads of things to grab and hurl at enemies with theBioShock is a really good game. The fiction world that BioShock is set in, Rapture, is very well designed. The atmosphere is really cool; kinda like a horror game when you hear the echoing voices of Splicers around you, the game play is fine and the audio and voice acting is spot on. The plasmids are interesting to experiment with (there loads of things to grab and hurl at enemies with the telekinesis plasmid) and the guns are nice with 3 different ammo types to choose from like electric buck for the shotgun and proximity mines for the Grenade Launcher. Enemy design is perfect as well. Lots of things to collect too: audio diaries, gene tonics and plasmids. The game can be easy due to the vita chamber resprawn system every time you die. The enemies don't respawn after you die or regain health either so you can wittle away at their health and die then repeat. BioShock is a well made game and a must have for FPS fans. Expand
  13. Oct 25, 2012
    This was a game that i've tried really hard not to like but deep down he was calling me like a siren and i ended up not resisting his charm. Bioshock is all about the environment, it's all about Rapture. The underwater city is the main character. Once you enter in that mini-sub you are automatically drawed in and Rapture becomes your reality. Amazing.
  14. Nov 10, 2011
    Re bought this game for the ps3. Yes, it is that damn good. As good as the Xbox 360 version on a technical level, but adds a new difficulty level giving it a bit better value.
  15. Apr 5, 2012
    This game was an instant classic when it was released in 2008. A unique, gorgeous world, a gripping and well-paced story, an eerie vibe, and a great old jazzy soundtrack.Gunplay isn't great and there's not a lot of replay value, but this is a game everyone has to experience.
  16. Apr 22, 2013
    Really nice game. I liked how they drive the story through radio diaries and not through cut scense. Thrilling and breath taking. I'm currently in the middle of it and so far enjoying the gameplay and the story.
    The controllers is little bit confusing when changing plasmids and weapons. Also Big Daddies are ridiculously hard on survivor mode. Same thing when flooding with enmies in some areas.
    Over all it's a great game.
  17. Jan 30, 2015
    1 of the best story driven fps ive encountered even though i believe the story is ripped from the wizard of oz. Would it be a great fps without the story? Its still up for debate in my mind.Plasmids add variety im not so pressed to say depth.I did however find myself useing freeze and shotgun 90% of the time. Great atmosphere or atleast unique. Hacking well they should of added sum variety1 of the best story driven fps ive encountered even though i believe the story is ripped from the wizard of oz. Would it be a great fps without the story? Its still up for debate in my mind.Plasmids add variety im not so pressed to say depth.I did however find myself useing freeze and shotgun 90% of the time. Great atmosphere or atleast unique. Hacking well they should of added sum variety to that since you find yourself doing it so much. This is the best of all 3. Oh yea and its really not creepy or scary if horror was supposed to be part of it.Top tier though lacking in replay. Expand
  18. Jan 13, 2011
    A game so brilliant has never been created before Bioshock. Story telling at it's finest in ANY artistic medium. Bioshock questions the very philosophy of linearity in video games, the pursuit of power, the ongoing struggle between governments and their people, and the very essence of human nature. If the story's many twists and turns don't have your jaw on the floor. The mind blowinglyA game so brilliant has never been created before Bioshock. Story telling at it's finest in ANY artistic medium. Bioshock questions the very philosophy of linearity in video games, the pursuit of power, the ongoing struggle between governments and their people, and the very essence of human nature. If the story's many twists and turns don't have your jaw on the floor. The mind blowingly impressive artistic direction and level design are sure to do the trick. Add on creative and original combat that has you combining the elements of nature with your environment to outsmart and out muscle your enemy, and you have an instant classic. The best game of 2007 and one of my top 10 of all time Expand
  19. Jan 28, 2014
    Behold! The best FPS of this generation! The game that revolutionized both shooters and storytelling in video games! The game that introduced the concepts of morality into the genre! The return of soon-god game designer Ken Levine. Behold, Bioshock.
    GOOSEBUMPS! I remember playing this game as soon as it came out and being absolutely stunned at the jaw-dropping graphics of the time. Glad to say the game still looks good, and although it was a benchmark for the generation at the time of its release, it still has lots of graphical punch.
    You are Jack, and your plane has crashed in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean (How unlucky you!). The crash makes you discover Rapture, a city underwater where man rules above all, no government or religion, just science as art, a perfect utopia...or not. As you uncover the city's dark secrets, you will discover the astonishing truth behind Rapture, and yourself.
    The infamous twist, the variety of options, the amazing ambiance...Everything in BioShock is so perfect. This is the game that introduced the "Find diaries" narrative with the famous Audio Logs. And after playing it for a third time, I still discover things to it, little messages and easter eggs. The gameplay is fluid, much more better than in Infinite, and it has some of the most mind-blowing battles I have ever seen, with Big Daddies and an amazing final showdown. It is also one of the creepiest games...The little sisters, the pitchy violin music, the somber tone and the dark hallways. Make sure your bladder is empty.
    I can spend all day talking about how great BioShock is. But I am not stupid, you know how good it is. If you didn't buy it yet, then YOU are stupid. What the hell? Go buy it now!
  20. Feb 3, 2014
    Length: 9 out of 10
    Re-play: 6 out of 10
    Value: 10 out of 10
  21. Sep 23, 2014
    A phenomenal and unique adventure, rich with atmosphere. The story may drop away in the final third but this is still a riveting tale with a wonderful twist (providing it doesn't get spoiled for you beforehand). The slightly cartoon graphics, akin to say TimeSplitters & dark humour only add to the experience.
  22. Apr 8, 2013
    This game provides such quality, but its not as good as bioshock infinite. It has really solid gameplay, and one of the best stories. This game is also pretty cheap now which is always a plus. 9.6/10
  23. Oct 29, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's no hyperbole to call BioShock a masterpiece. It's a timeless classic that will never feel dated or boring. There's really nothing else like it, and it's one of the best gaming experiences that can be had.

BioShock has everything going for it. It's beautiful, it's intelligent, it's intriguing, and it's downright gripping. It's one of those games that I can go back to at any time and start a new game and feel the same sense of wonder and amazement as I did when I first played through.

BioShock takes place in a massive underwater utopia turned crumbling dystopia. The crazed residents of Rapture, drunk on Adam, the miracle substance that grants a user supernatural abilities. Conjuring fire or electricity, or grabbing objects with your mind, or even, oddly enough, summoning swarms of bees, are easily within the grasp of Rapture's residents. However, the power of Adam proved too much for the citizens of this once vibrant and sprawling city, and it fell into chaos, with gene splicing becoming an addiction so powerful it would easily drive to murder. You are there in the aftermath of the bloodbath, piecing together what happened and looking for a way to escape, while taking the liberty to indulge in a healthy bit of splicing yourself, of course.

With the powers that these "Plasmids" provide, you are able to blast fire and lighting and ice, toss objects at foes, or, yes, summon swarms of bees, creating a fun and interesting combat system that mixes things up in addition to your normal repertoire of guns. Zapping a crazed citizen in order to line up a headshot with your pistol is just one of many things you can do in order to dispatch your enemies. One of my favorites is lighting an enemy on fire, forcing them to jump into a pool of water before I electrify the pool and fry them. Plasmids give you a deadly edge in your journey through the ruined city of Rapture.

The environment truly tells the story of the city. Everything is in a state of decay and disrepair. Water leaking through cracked glass, debris strewn all over the floor and flickering lights. It can be easy for you to feel scared in certain places in the city, even if you're backed by supernatural abilities and a healthy amount of firepower.

Through your journey, you'll piece together the bloody story of the city, and you'll stumble across great mystery and intrigue, culminating in spectacular twists that will make your jaw drop. Moral decisions also come into play with the little girls whose job it is to harvest Adam from corpses around the city, and who carry a great supply of Adam in order to boost your abilities. These "Little Sisters" present two choices; rescuing them by curing them of their possessed-like state, or harvesting them, extracting the Adam slugs from them, providing more Adam to power yourself, but killing the little girl in the process. Before any of that, however, you must content with the Little Sister's stalwart bodyguard, the "Big Daddy", brutish men in full diving suits that will provide a harrowing challenge to anyone wanting to get at their Little Sister. The choices you make regarding these Little Sisters will affect the outcome of your story.

BioShock is definitely a masterpiece. It's a beautiful narrative that's deep in storytelling and atmosphere and fun in gameplay, and even after eight years, it's still beloved and treasured by many who have played it, myself included. It will always have a special place in my heart.
  24. Mar 2, 2014
    Story: 9 out of 10
    Graphics: 9 out of 10
    Gameplay: 10 out of 10
    Fun: 9 out of 10 (depending on difficulty)
    Controls: 9 out of 10
    Ease to Learn: 8 out of 10
    Length: 9 out of 10
    Re-play: 6 out of 10
    Audio: 10 out of 10
  25. Oct 25, 2014
    I never play FPS, dunno... feel them flat and boring, maybe as kid i digged duke nukem and thats it.
    Then i kept sawing reviews about Bioshock, how good it was... then bought Bio infinite and thought it was cool, but THEN played the bio1 that came free within the game an VIOLA! The best FPS ive ever played, if you're like me who despises brainwash war games like call of duty and all that crap, try this, the artdesign, music, twisted characters and over all gameplay are a joy to play! The difficulty is just perfect, challenging without being too hard. and has 3 different endings. 100% recommended!
  26. Oct 13, 2011
    BioShock has gone a path no game has ever done, or claim to have. The atmosphere is mysterious, interesting and has you not wanting to put the controller down. With a amazing story, incredible visuals, tight yet fun gameplay in a diverse environment (underwater) BioShock is one of the best games on all the platforms it released on.
  27. Aug 25, 2011
    A very immersive game with an interesting story, fun gameplay and great presentation. A little scary, at first but you get used to it. The backstory is very interesting. I enjoyed the science and psychology of Rapture, Andrew Ryan, Atlas, Tenenbaum, Big daddies and Little Sisters... the list goes on.
  28. Apr 21, 2014
    I am very late but after playing Infinite and loving it and wanting to play the DLC content I was urged to play the original game for the DLC to make sense. Well I played it and LOVED IT! As much as Infinite. As soon as I stepped into the dark world of Rapture I was hooked. The art deco style in ruins was weirdly beautiful. I started feeling sorry for the Splicers and Big Daddies andI am very late but after playing Infinite and loving it and wanting to play the DLC content I was urged to play the original game for the DLC to make sense. Well I played it and LOVED IT! As much as Infinite. As soon as I stepped into the dark world of Rapture I was hooked. The art deco style in ruins was weirdly beautiful. I started feeling sorry for the Splicers and Big Daddies and adored the Little Sisters. I was shocked that I loved it this much. I was never a big FPS fan but after playing these Bioshock games they are really starting to grow on me. This game is a must have!! The ending was amazing and quite shocking. I will get more than one play through out of this even if it is just to collect all the audio diaries! I officially am a Bioshock fan Expand
  29. Nov 4, 2010
    Started out slow and introduced new weapons and plasmids, decent storyline with the ability to upgrade weapons and plasmids.........worth purchasing, it held my interest to the end
  30. Mar 22, 2016
    Bioshock is an everlasting landmark in videogame story telling, adding alongside incredible solid gameplay, excelent level design, unique art style, touching soundtrack, interesting characters and good voice acting. The core mechanics have been seen in the past, but the mixing of an unique world, and a mindbending story makes out of Bioshock an experience that should not be overlooked byBioshock is an everlasting landmark in videogame story telling, adding alongside incredible solid gameplay, excelent level design, unique art style, touching soundtrack, interesting characters and good voice acting. The core mechanics have been seen in the past, but the mixing of an unique world, and a mindbending story makes out of Bioshock an experience that should not be overlooked by anyone. This game places itself as an example of how first person shooters and videogames in general should be, even almost 10 years after its original release. Expand
  31. May 12, 2012
    Very good. Excellent setting, plot was great, gameplay was unique and just all around fun to play. If you've just gotten into gaming then this is a solid choice and cheap now.
  32. May 19, 2011
    For once, an FPS that poses a challenge.

For once, an FPS that poses a challenge.

But calling BioShock merely an FPS would be a disservice to the video gaming geniuses behind this. The stellar atmosphere and fabulous immersion in the city of Rapture. The graphics have gotten a little aged over the years, but this is still a phenomenal game that everyone must have. Seriously. If you don't have BioShock, but have a good gaming PC or a console, then you barely qualify as human.
  33. Aug 19, 2012
    Masterpiece is just the word too use, there has been so few with innovation, beauty and perfection. Bioshock is no doubt one of the greatest games of all time and other's should appreciate and be inspired by what it accomplished for gaming.
  34. Feb 21, 2013
    This game is easily among the greatest FPS games of all time, and it's certainly my favorite. The concept is intriguing, the atmosphere is spot on, the gunplay is unique with the addition of Gene Tonics and Plasmids, the voice acting is brilliant, the characters are well-developed, the setting has a very well-thought-out backstory, and the plot is superb. Although the game does have itsThis game is easily among the greatest FPS games of all time, and it's certainly my favorite. The concept is intriguing, the atmosphere is spot on, the gunplay is unique with the addition of Gene Tonics and Plasmids, the voice acting is brilliant, the characters are well-developed, the setting has a very well-thought-out backstory, and the plot is superb. Although the game does have its framerate tanks and backtracking, the plot more than makes up for that with spectacular plot turns and twists. I won't spoil the game for you, but BioShock has the best plot twist of any game... Ever. That alone would put the game on my top ten, but the rest of the game's great qualities puts it at my #1 spot. Expand
  35. Apr 10, 2013
    There is no other game that is like this. Every game that has come out since this I compare to BioShock. It has gotten to a point where my girlfriend and I point out places in games and movies ad TV shows parts and things that happen that are "very BioShock". I really don't know another way to describe it other than it is as perfect as any video game could be.
  36. Sep 15, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Played the game again Have played it on XBOX 360 and now on the PS4 With now (so basically its still the PS3 version). - I noticed that the story is flawed. (The big daddy has no way to become human again after becoming the big daddy according to the audio diary so how or why is a human hand with the main characters tatoo shown throughout the ending where you saved all the little sisters. ????????. Expand
  37. May 9, 2017
    A wonderful game with addictive gameplay which will keep you on for hours. A beginning to an excellent franchise of gaming and none are as amazing as the Bioshock series.
  38. Aug 4, 2011
    This game is perfect, the story is probably the best part, if you don't care for story in video games and go straight to multiplayer then your wasting your time thinking of buying this game
  39. Jun 9, 2013
    Bioshock exceeds in every expectation you ever had in a first person shooter.It simply starts with one of the greatest introductions I've ever seen, showing the ravaged city of Rapture, and although it may seem strange the protagonist in the beginning, the more you venture through this world, the more you realize how great the story is.It simply goes beyond every kind of action fueled FPSBioshock exceeds in every expectation you ever had in a first person shooter.It simply starts with one of the greatest introductions I've ever seen, showing the ravaged city of Rapture, and although it may seem strange the protagonist in the beginning, the more you venture through this world, the more you realize how great the story is.It simply goes beyond every kind of action fueled FPS and dives into an amazing single player experience that I'm sure many people can't ever forget.

This all the way without even mentioning the great gameplay, which is a mix of the Plasmids you'll find throughout the world, great set of guns and tonics, altogether with great challenges of environment that has also been amazingly created filled with many items to scavenge and enemies from simple Splicers to Big Daddies.
    In the end the experience goes beyond anything you might expect, achieving an unforgettable experience with unique characters.
  40. Apr 16, 2013
    one of the best games out there to date the story is great combat is good and the use of eve and plasmids mixes things up the atmosphere is so creepy youll be looking around at every noise perfect game perfect score
  41. Feb 3, 2014
    Is a good game, but personally, is an overrated game. The game offers multiple combat options, where we can combine the items in many ways. The game have a good history (but isn´t great), the history is told through the radios, that wen can find along the adventure. I bought the game because all the trade press talked very good of the game, but I was a bit disappointed, although it isIs a good game, but personally, is an overrated game. The game offers multiple combat options, where we can combine the items in many ways. The game have a good history (but isn´t great), the history is told through the radios, that wen can find along the adventure. I bought the game because all the trade press talked very good of the game, but I was a bit disappointed, although it is true, that I´m especially fan the FPS games. Expand
  42. Mar 23, 2013
    This game renewed my love in gaming and showed me that video games can be smart and beautiful at the same time. Anyone stuck in a rut these days with lackluster CoD games or even newer releases, be sure to look for this game somewhere. You won't regret it one bit!
  43. Nov 5, 2011
    Best fps game ever IMO. Enjoyed it from the start, the slow pace and the free roaming expects of the game. Graphics are quite impressive, and handling of weapons is so awesome. Epic is the word best to describe Bioshock.
  44. Mar 10, 2012
    Probably the best story ever told. It was my first Ps3 game and an incredible experience, I really felt immersed into the game, and still looks really good after four years. A definitely must have
  45. Dec 15, 2013
    Simply fantastic. Only just come to this game years after it was originally released but its still fantastic. Kind of reminds me of half life in that respect. Epic story, fantastical location, simply amazing.
  46. Aug 31, 2016
    Excellent game, the game is entirely based on a parody of the superiority of the man, over another autorities, as it showns on game, no kings or god, only man, one of the best shooters i've ever played, i has a really innovative mechanic, the plasmids, which is a new way to show you power-ups which are very useful during game, I can´t tell you this is the best shooter you can play becauseExcellent game, the game is entirely based on a parody of the superiority of the man, over another autorities, as it showns on game, no kings or god, only man, one of the best shooters i've ever played, i has a really innovative mechanic, the plasmids, which is a new way to show you power-ups which are very useful during game, I can´t tell you this is the best shooter you can play because IS actually a very good game, if you have a PS3 you need to have this game, i didnt had the opportunity to play this game in their early 2008 launch day, but if I had to back in time for some reason, I could back to buy this game as a launch title, awesome and masterful game. Expand
  47. Jul 20, 2016
    One of the best games of all times! Wonderful story! Wonderful characters! Great music! Immersive atmosphere. Every time I play it, it gets better and better.
  48. Feb 5, 2012
    Bioshock es la muestra de los nuevos juegos de 1st Person Shooter de esta generacion, seguro que mas adelante veremos clones o secuelas de esta saga, Rapture una ciudad ambientada en los 50's bajo el agua por distintas razones entre politica y caos mental, con un personaje protagonico que interesa la forma en la que se deshace de sus enemigos a traves de plasmidos y balas, buena tramaBioshock es la muestra de los nuevos juegos de 1st Person Shooter de esta generacion, seguro que mas adelante veremos clones o secuelas de esta saga, Rapture una ciudad ambientada en los 50's bajo el agua por distintas razones entre politica y caos mental, con un personaje protagonico que interesa la forma en la que se deshace de sus enemigos a traves de plasmidos y balas, buena trama excelentes graficos, atmosfera como de clinica mental y una musica que hace que quieras estar con alaguien al lado por eso del suspenso in extremis, recomendado como un must de esta generacion Expand
  49. Oct 2, 2013
    Even though this game is an action FPS, it really doesn't seem like it. It goes beyond the expectations of the genre, adding so much in terms of RPG elements, ability combinations, and skill building that it becomes more like an RPG than an FPS, but not as much as games like Borderlands of Fallout 3. The custom engine that this game runs on takes a lot to get used to, which makes theEven though this game is an action FPS, it really doesn't seem like it. It goes beyond the expectations of the genre, adding so much in terms of RPG elements, ability combinations, and skill building that it becomes more like an RPG than an FPS, but not as much as games like Borderlands of Fallout 3. The custom engine that this game runs on takes a lot to get used to, which makes the beginning half of the game pretty frustrating, but the extremely original and immersive world and the good storytelling is enough to keep you invested.

There are a few things that drag this game down though, such as the weird custom engine that I mentioned, and also a few other things. The system of vita chambers and having no penalty for dying, plus the hard difficulty when trying to kill a big daddy seems very odd, especially when trying to kill a big daddy. I've never played a game where you can basically go though the entire game on the hardest difficulty, without building any skills or learning how to play the game properly, and still make it to the end.
  50. Sep 23, 2010
    This game is FANTASTIC if you are capable of enjoying atmosphere and a deep/compelling story. It is not a game for twitch gamers. The FPS mechanics are a bit sluggish, especially by current standards, but combat is not the central focus of the game (though it is a major part). This game is all about surviving as the story unfolds, and it is really a great story. The citizens of RaptureThis game is FANTASTIC if you are capable of enjoying atmosphere and a deep/compelling story. It is not a game for twitch gamers. The FPS mechanics are a bit sluggish, especially by current standards, but combat is not the central focus of the game (though it is a major part). This game is all about surviving as the story unfolds, and it is really a great story. The citizens of Rapture are so crazy/funny, and the atmosphere of the city itself is amazing. Definitely will go down as one of the classic games of this generation. Expand
  51. Oct 6, 2010
    Pound for pound the best game of the current generation. The gameplay is sublime, in terms of the challenges it presents, the RPG-like feeling of development and progression that comes the plasmid and tonic upgrade system, and the general tidiness of the controls. Atmospherically, I can't think of a game (at least in the current generation) that comes close to what Bioshock achieves.Pound for pound the best game of the current generation. The gameplay is sublime, in terms of the challenges it presents, the RPG-like feeling of development and progression that comes the plasmid and tonic upgrade system, and the general tidiness of the controls. Atmospherically, I can't think of a game (at least in the current generation) that comes close to what Bioshock achieves. Story-wise, it's fantastic; as a philosophy post-grad I loved the Ayn Rand influence and theme, but there's also something in it for those who are less pretentious than I am.

Why not a 10/10? Well, for one, the final boss battle is a little anti-climatic given how strong and powerful you get by the end of the game. It was probably one of the easiest boss fights I've played. I also have a problem with 'choice' that you are presented with throughout the game (trying to avoid a spiler here!) as given that one choice ultimately yields the same reward as the other choice, only later on, then it all seems a bit superficial. But nevertheless, Bioshock is terrific.
  52. Jul 3, 2011
    Bioshock changes the way players look at the choices they make. Every in-game character's personality is delightfully crafted to serve a purpose and evoke an emotion, and every choice lays forth stakes high enough to make choosing between two options your true responsibility, rather than a path to choose in order to get Item X or Y. You won't forget the story for a long time, either. ItBioshock changes the way players look at the choices they make. Every in-game character's personality is delightfully crafted to serve a purpose and evoke an emotion, and every choice lays forth stakes high enough to make choosing between two options your true responsibility, rather than a path to choose in order to get Item X or Y. You won't forget the story for a long time, either. It will truly make your jaw drop and your hair stand on end. The only thing I have to say further is that you need to play this game, whether you end up liking it or not. Expand
  53. Apr 15, 2013
    This was a very good game. It doesn't feel linear and the atmosphere is just great. I think the gameplay was sort of tricky at first, because the controls are slightly different from a classical FPS shooters. What's a very fresh aspect of the game is innovation. If you play on Hard or Survivor difficulty, your skills are definitely going to be put in test. There is a lot of ways how youThis was a very good game. It doesn't feel linear and the atmosphere is just great. I think the gameplay was sort of tricky at first, because the controls are slightly different from a classical FPS shooters. What's a very fresh aspect of the game is innovation. If you play on Hard or Survivor difficulty, your skills are definitely going to be put in test. There is a lot of ways how you can approach the battle either if you want to charge enemies with your wrench, shoot them in the head with your tommy gun or just burn them to death. You can also set up various traps especially for big daddies. Definitely play this game. Expand
  54. Sep 28, 2010
    This game is truly incredible, the graphics is not fantastic, but it doesnt need to be. The gameplay is completely engaging, and there is so much to do it deserves the bafta it won. The storyline is shocking and brilliantly cleaver. The only thing that lets me down is that it needs online gameplay to make the wonderful experince last longer, i would kill to play a free-for-all with theThis game is truly incredible, the graphics is not fantastic, but it doesnt need to be. The gameplay is completely engaging, and there is so much to do it deserves the bafta it won. The storyline is shocking and brilliantly cleaver. The only thing that lets me down is that it needs online gameplay to make the wonderful experince last longer, i would kill to play a free-for-all with the guns in this game. Outstanding. Expand
  55. Jan 11, 2014
    Amazing game. I got around to playing this game when I bought Bioshock Infinite, and I have to say, this game was really good. First the visuals. They look great. Sound effects, brilliant. You can locate where enemies may be much like with the early Resident Evil games. The set pieces help to make Rapture (One of the greatest places in gaming) feel claustrophobic and alone. Gameplay isAmazing game. I got around to playing this game when I bought Bioshock Infinite, and I have to say, this game was really good. First the visuals. They look great. Sound effects, brilliant. You can locate where enemies may be much like with the early Resident Evil games. The set pieces help to make Rapture (One of the greatest places in gaming) feel claustrophobic and alone. Gameplay is very unique. You'll be switching between using standard gun weaponry and a wrench with plasmids, types of weapons that give unique powers such as fire, electricity and the bees. Gameplay also includes hacking sections which can make purchasable items cheaper and make turrets obey you. One interesting aspect is that you don't die in this game. You get partially healed and you lose some of your money. It's interesting and it helps save backtracking. Now for the plot. It is one of the most unique one's ever. You end up crash landing into the sea where you discover a lighthouse that takes you to Rapture, a city free from political ideals, royalty and where everyone man woman and child are entitled to everything they work for. You discover that the city is undergoing an uprising, led by a man named Fontaine to take down Andrew Ryan, the creator of Rapture. You're guided by a man named Atlas, and you start your journey to find Ryan and escape from Rapture. Overall, it is a fantastic game, sure the endings can be a little meh, but everything lead up to it is amazing, and the plot twist near the end is amazing. 9.2/10 Expand
  56. Oct 30, 2014
    Bioshock, is this a perfect game? I admit I entered this game with the token scepticism I always have whenever something is described as "perfect" to me but having just completed the game, I can't describe it with any word but that, perfect.
    Well I suppose it isn't entirely, this game is not a stupid game and expects the same of it's players, this is not a game where you glaze your eyes while playing it and have to have something on in the background just to be entertained, this game will keep you in tension almost constantly, it being one of the few games that combine a first person shooter with horror elements without compromising either.
    Speaking of which the gun-play is excellent (after unlocking the frame-rate mind you) and responsive, you will be paranoid, constantly checking and double checking rooms both for ammunition, money, materials and most importantly enemies who can certainly make you jump at times.
    Bioshock is also beautiful, both visually and in how it sounds, the game has aged wonderfully and of course the soundtrack, consisting of either melancholy piano and violin or eerily jolly jazz music that remains out of place for all the right reasons. Rapture (the city you are placed in) is still a treat to look at, despite how rusted and dead it looks.
    I'd feel I'm doing a disservice to the game if I didn't mention the best part about it, the storyline, this is a game which can deliver a compelling story without even using a cut scene, it either makes you hunt out the storyline yourself and allows you to keep playing while the story goes on around you. The game also has a very deep and interesting philosophical musing on the downside of free-market capitalism and the harsh reality of trying to create Utopia. Additionally the game has many twists and turns including perhaps the biggest one in gaming ever and that's not exaggeration. (A man chooses, a slave obeys)
    This game is not for the squeamish either, the enemies are brutally creepy and disfigured and the environment itself is nightmarish and creepy, put simply this is the first person shooter that will shame the other first person shooters and for those who stick around to roughly two thirds in, even makes you think about video games just a little bit differently, perhaps even changing it completely.
    I try to say more about Bioshock, like how well the economy is balanced (ironically enough considering the game's story), how varied the weapons are and how each does a different thing, how awesome the Big Daddies are, how the plasmids are cool but I'd merely be drooling over it at this point, albeit justifiably so, at the end of the day all I have to say about Bioshock is, would you kindly pick it up.
  57. Jun 23, 2017
    Gameplay that is fun with a story that is just as engaging. I found myself hooked on BioShock through exploring the beautiful environment of Rapture and discovering the backstories of those who lived there. A must-play for any gamer.

58. Aug 20, 2012
    I completed this game 3 years ago and yet it still leaves a resounding impact upon me as it will you. This game is quite simply, a masterpiece. You truly believe you are in Rapture and that Rapture truly exists. The story, the characters, the pacing, the music, the gameplay, Everything about this game is a masterpiece. This has to be the game of the generation and maybe even the best gameI completed this game 3 years ago and yet it still leaves a resounding impact upon me as it will you. This game is quite simply, a masterpiece. You truly believe you are in Rapture and that Rapture truly exists. The story, the characters, the pacing, the music, the gameplay, Everything about this game is a masterpiece. This has to be the game of the generation and maybe even the best game ever created. This game is more than just game, it is a work of art. Expand
  59. Dec 6, 2012
    Uno de los mejores juegos a los que he jugado. El argumento es genial, la historia de Rapture es muy curiosa e interesante. La jugabilidad es muy buena, muy dinámica porque cuando mueres reapareces en prácticamente en el mismo sitio y con el daño que le hayas hecho al malo o malos que te hayan matado acumulado, de forma que aunque te quedes casi sin munición,Uno de los mejores juegos a los que he jugado. El argumento es genial, la historia de Rapture es muy curiosa e interesante. La jugabilidad es muy buena, muy dinámica porque cuando mueres reapareces en prácticamente en el mismo sitio y con el daño que le hayas hecho al malo o malos que te hayan matado acumulado, de forma que aunque te quedes casi sin munición, siempre puedes luchar hasta matarlo, lo que hace el juego más dinámico en mi opinión. Permite una amplia personalización de las armas. La ambientación y los escenarios son lo mejor, recrea la América de los años 50 con un toque gótico añadido. El juego tiene sus dosis de terror y de sustos, pero es acción pura. Expand
  60. Jan 17, 2013
    Bioshock what else do I have to say the greatest story of all time so many twists and loops that people dont even know half the facts of the characters and the audio logs just add a whole other dimension to the storytelling its flawless the graphics were proof that games are an art form the underwater city was just so dark and mysterious Rapture was without a doubt the greatest settingBioshock what else do I have to say the greatest story of all time so many twists and loops that people dont even know half the facts of the characters and the audio logs just add a whole other dimension to the storytelling its flawless the graphics were proof that games are an art form the underwater city was just so dark and mysterious Rapture was without a doubt the greatest setting ever created the gunplay hell the gameplay was just a bonus I could watch a friend play and still enjoy this game and when a game can make you feel betrayed they have truly done there job this is without a doubt the greatest game of all time I get goosebumps every time I enter Rapture this is a must buy for anyone Expand
  61. Jul 9, 2014
    Wow, Bioshock, were to start...I did not play this game until recently, and i regret holding it off for so long. The game's atmosphere and setting are so unique: Mysterious and dangerous, yet beatiful to look at. There is not a single moment i dont feel on edge while playing, since the game manages to feel creepy and even scary, without the use of any jump-scares. Another thing to loveWow, Bioshock, were to start...I did not play this game until recently, and i regret holding it off for so long. The game's atmosphere and setting are so unique: Mysterious and dangerous, yet beatiful to look at. There is not a single moment i dont feel on edge while playing, since the game manages to feel creepy and even scary, without the use of any jump-scares. Another thing to love about this game are the many tonics and power-ups you collect as you progress through the story, and the great battles you have with the big daddies to buy upgrades. And of course the story, which takes you on a roller coaster through rapture and has an amazing plot twist. Now, would you kindly play this game? Expand
  62. Dec 26, 2010
    This game came out of no where and really impressed me. This game had a unique ambiance and setting, and the story was fantastic. One of the most unique FPS games out there to say the least. This may not be the game for everyone but as a long time gamer I found this to be refreshingly "different" than anything else I had ever played. It is definitely somewhat dark and twisted butThis game came out of no where and really impressed me. This game had a unique ambiance and setting, and the story was fantastic. One of the most unique FPS games out there to say the least. This may not be the game for everyone but as a long time gamer I found this to be refreshingly "different" than anything else I had ever played. It is definitely somewhat dark and twisted but entertaining and definitely a game to try if you missed it and are looking to try something off the beaten path. I'd give this one 92 out of 100 Expand
  63. Jan 6, 2015
    The best FPS I've ever played and one of the best games I've ever played overall.
    The story is amazing, it is visually stunning, and the sound is perfect!
  64. Sep 3, 2014
    This game is a masterpiece and a perfect score 10/10.I like the graphics,story,guns,challenges,tonics and the multiplayer.You can upgrade your weapons,hack machines,find other things and harvest or save little sisters to get some Adam to buy perks but i really enjoyed this game so much on my PS3.

GameSpot rated this game 9.0/10

IGN rated this game 9.4/10
  65. Aug 10, 2016
    I've finished all three Bioshock games and I would have to say that the very first one and in my own opinion, is indeed the Best one of the Franchise. Other than I haven't finished the Burial at Sea Episode 1 and 2 DLC for Bioshock Infinite, these games definitely held a lot of water in terms of Gameplay, Graphics, some RPG elements, and more importantly, it's Amazing Storyline from StartI've finished all three Bioshock games and I would have to say that the very first one and in my own opinion, is indeed the Best one of the Franchise. Other than I haven't finished the Burial at Sea Episode 1 and 2 DLC for Bioshock Infinite, these games definitely held a lot of water in terms of Gameplay, Graphics, some RPG elements, and more importantly, it's Amazing Storyline from Start to Finish!! Expand
  66. Mar 26, 2017
    Bioshock is a masterpiece and is hands down one of my favourite games of all time the atmosphere this game has is so great and its a setting we rarely see in video games of a city deep underwater makes it that much more unique. The Big Daddy's are always fun to fight and the gameplay is so solid not to mention this games story is incredible with (not to spoil anything) one of the bestBioshock is a masterpiece and is hands down one of my favourite games of all time the atmosphere this game has is so great and its a setting we rarely see in video games of a city deep underwater makes it that much more unique. The Big Daddy's are always fun to fight and the gameplay is so solid not to mention this games story is incredible with (not to spoil anything) one of the best twist endings in gaming yet I never saw that coming. One insanely small complaint is that I never really liked using the plasmids and often forget they were there but that's a really small complaint Bioshock is a masterpiece go play it Expand
  67. Aug 9, 2012
    This truly is, the best game of all time. There are no faults to this game. As a well-balanced gamer, I have plenty of experience when it comes to gaming, and recognizing flaws. There are no bugs to be found, zero balancing issues, and the story? Well if you play you'll understand why its so remarkable. I've never been impacted by a video game as much as the world of Rapture has affectedThis truly is, the best game of all time. There are no faults to this game. As a well-balanced gamer, I have plenty of experience when it comes to gaming, and recognizing flaws. There are no bugs to be found, zero balancing issues, and the story? Well if you play you'll understand why its so remarkable. I've never been impacted by a video game as much as the world of Rapture has affected me. I am genuinely sad i will never be able to play this for the first time again. Expand
  68. Nov 12, 2012
    Best inmersive experience I have ever seen on videogames.

Great story, it keeps your attention all along the game. The crazy word and characters, the art-decó style, the music.... everything helps into the inmersive experience
  69. Mar 27, 2014
    THE BEST GAME OF 2007, seriously, the part of the game it's the story, and the characters too, this game deserves a place in your collection , seriously.
  70. Oct 17, 2010
    Epic. I was completely immersed in this game and the world Levine and co. created. This game had a great balance of story telling within the game (to the point where I actually cared about the Little Sisters) and guilty pleasure (mowing down Splicer never got old). The soundtrack and beautifully detailed environment really enriched the experience. Redefines the genre and shoots the mediumEpic. I was completely immersed in this game and the world Levine and co. created. This game had a great balance of story telling within the game (to the point where I actually cared about the Little Sisters) and guilty pleasure (mowing down Splicer never got old). The soundtrack and beautifully detailed environment really enriched the experience. Redefines the genre and shoots the medium to new heights. You have to play this game. Expand
  71. Dec 22, 2011
    A great game. The atmosphere is very high and Rapture is a great city. It's fun to explore and search for all the hidden things. The characters and character models are absolutely stunning. The weapons and plasmids are good and hacking the security is fun. I highly recommend this mix of adventure and FPS.
  72. Apr 24, 2014
    You can see its age. The enemies are copies of varied templates and you have to shoot them. They can appear as rather mindless. Repetitive shoot and progress. Hell, the way the gameplay, enemies, controls and all appeared to be of the previous generation. And yeah there is a boss fight at the end. Sorry, but thanks to The Last of Us boss fights are overrated. But it was only one and itYou can see its age. The enemies are copies of varied templates and you have to shoot them. They can appear as rather mindless. Repetitive shoot and progress. Hell, the way the gameplay, enemies, controls and all appeared to be of the previous generation. And yeah there is a boss fight at the end. Sorry, but thanks to The Last of Us boss fights are overrated. But it was only one and it appeared to be a befitting way to end the game. Still, for an FPS it was impressive. They proved that you can still work a story with it. I never thought I would bother with an FPS again but this gave me pause for thought. What I admired was the way it worked the philosophy of objectivism into it. It actually got me thinking 'what if'. I wish the protagonist wasn't so lifeless. Apart from progressing forward it didn't feel that Jack had a role to play in the story. I wouldn't place Bioshock among the more recent games I've enjoyed, but I do think it was a classic worth playing and shouldn't be missed. Generally I still won't try FPS games as I don't like the gameplay, but I am looking forward to play Bioshock Infinity as an exception. Expand
  73. Apr 4, 2017
    Bioshock is a beautiful game in almost all areas; the graphics are gorgeous, the world is immersive, and the plot keeps you glued to the screen, demanding more. I especially love the feature of the audiotapes that players can collect around the environments. They often record mundane information about the lives of Rapture residents, and they add an extra layer of depth to the world thatBioshock is a beautiful game in almost all areas; the graphics are gorgeous, the world is immersive, and the plot keeps you glued to the screen, demanding more. I especially love the feature of the audiotapes that players can collect around the environments. They often record mundane information about the lives of Rapture residents, and they add an extra layer of depth to the world that makes it even more incredible. I'm a sucker for steampunk and biopunk, and no game blends them better; otherworldly tech made in a time before Apple and a host of physical modifications that you can make to yourself that add an almost supernatural element to your combat. I did find that some of the plasmids didn't really have a use past the objective you originally required them for; I found that I only used Electro-Bolt and Incinerate with any frequency. Other than that, the game is a triumph. Expand
  74. Mar 21, 2013
    What makes BioShock such a great game? Well...It's probably the presentation and story, because the shooting doesn't differ from any other FPS out there, although it is perfect. The graphics haven't aged too well, but that could just be the art design. What makes the presentation and story so good is how original and well written it is. It all takes place in a run down underwater cityWhat makes BioShock such a great game? Well...It's probably the presentation and story, because the shooting doesn't differ from any other FPS out there, although it is perfect. The graphics haven't aged too well, but that could just be the art design. What makes the presentation and story so good is how original and well written it is. It all takes place in a run down underwater city called Rapture run by the capitalist nutcase Andrew Ryan. Here you face its viscous citizens, specifically the splicers and the monstrous big daddies. The story is full of big twists and turns and actually gives you a feeling of despair, despite not really having that kind of survival horror design. BioShock is an amazing game that gives an experience so sublime, none of Call of Duty's setpieces can hold a candle to it. Expand
  75. Apr 28, 2013
    What can I say about Bioshock? Well... the game is amazing and is an experience that you should not miss. The setting and environment in Bioshock is amazing and breathtaking. I here people say that this game does not live up to today standards, but i disagree. The graphics are amazing for a game that came out in 2007. The gameplay interesting and fun, and does not get repetitive. All theseWhat can I say about Bioshock? Well... the game is amazing and is an experience that you should not miss. The setting and environment in Bioshock is amazing and breathtaking. I here people say that this game does not live up to today standards, but i disagree. The graphics are amazing for a game that came out in 2007. The gameplay interesting and fun, and does not get repetitive. All these plasmids you collect can change the way you face your enemies and interact with the environment. The story is interesting and very enjoyable. The story is told through audio logs and radio messages between the characters and your character. Some people may find that as a turn off, but once you get use to it, i won't bother you. Overall, Bioshock is an amazing game and one of the best games of this generation. Expand
  76. Oct 19, 2013
    It is very good at being SystemShock2 revamped. I love the atmosphere and the graphics. The story is very well done. Few control issues for this version, it is very awkward and there is no way to change them. I easily fixed this with a third-party Nyko controller so it wasn't a big deal for me, if you have some extra cash to spare I would recommend dropping it on a Nyko Raver controller toIt is very good at being SystemShock2 revamped. I love the atmosphere and the graphics. The story is very well done. Few control issues for this version, it is very awkward and there is no way to change them. I easily fixed this with a third-party Nyko controller so it wasn't a big deal for me, if you have some extra cash to spare I would recommend dropping it on a Nyko Raver controller to make up for the games wack controls, (turns out other games do the same using the trigger flippers for shooting and that proves very difficult for what most grew up with on Playstation). The moral system isn't very challenging, moral choices should be hard choices to make. Here everyone will choose to rescue the little sisters. Overall worth a play, better than most fps games. It has its issues but this installment in this franchise will prove revolutionary for games in the future. Expand
  77. Sep 3, 2011
    Best game i've ever played very impressed with 2k games

IGNORE: Your review must be at least 150 characters long. Your review must be at least 150 characters long. Your review must be at least 150 characters long. Your review must be at least 150 characters long. Your review must be at least 150 characters long. Your review must be at least 150 characters long. Your review
    Best game i've ever played very impressed with 2k games

IGNORE:
  78. Nov 5, 2011
    Bioshock is an amazing FPS game with a thrilling mystical story. You will be immersed into the world of Rapture while learning more of the backstory through audio dialogs scattered around the city. Atmosphere is fantastic as you are really feeling the misery of the fallen, corrupted city. It's also a fresh entry as a plain shooter. You have plasmid powers at your disposal which adds someBioshock is an amazing FPS game with a thrilling mystical story. You will be immersed into the world of Rapture while learning more of the backstory through audio dialogs scattered around the city. Atmosphere is fantastic as you are really feeling the misery of the fallen, corrupted city. It's also a fresh entry as a plain shooter. You have plasmid powers at your disposal which adds some nice variety along with tonic and gene boosts. Only some bugs, lack of enemy variety and the inability to dual wield create some frustrating or let-down moments, but those are insignificant compared to the overall polishness and mystic touch of this game. A must-own. Expand
  79. Dec 4, 2012
    This game is single handily the greatest 7th generation game I have played which is only challenged by the recent Dishonoured. The gameplay is superb. Probably the 2nd greatest strength of this game is the notion of evolution, and the fact is, you DO have to adapt to Rapture, you have to alter your body to survive in the once great city of Rapture. The greatest feature of this masterpieceThis game is single handily the greatest 7th generation game I have played which is only challenged by the recent Dishonoured. The gameplay is superb. Probably the 2nd greatest strength of this game is the notion of evolution, and the fact is, you DO have to adapt to Rapture, you have to alter your body to survive in the once great city of Rapture. The greatest feature of this masterpiece is the story. This game has the 2nd best story in a videogame only behind Catherine. This story will consume you and make you want to play every day. I wish I knew of this game in 2008, it would have changed my mind on video games. Even in 2012, it's still a game worth playing. Expand
  80. Apr 12, 2013
    This is a brilliant game, from the story, to the graphics, to the weapons, to the vigors, to the enemies. Everything is fresh and doesn't feel like a generic fps shooter
  81. Jul 30, 2015
    Fantastic game. Great story, great visuals for the time, and gameplay is awesome. I had a great time playing it, but after I was done I watched videos of other people playing it, setting up awesome traps and combos with the plasmids and weapons. I kinda realized I was playing the entire game wrong, but that it was still awesome and fun.
  82. Nov 12, 2011
    One of the few games I would actually give a perfect 10, sure it shows its age now but it is still one of the best games to come this generation. An absolute must buy for anyone with a console this gen.
  83. Jun 1, 2013
    Amazing, stunning, a masterpiece... Words can´t describe what i just experienced. An engaging story, new and fresh gameplay and choices that will hunt me in my dreams... Bioshock is perfect.
  84. Jul 12, 2013
    I love Bioshock. It has to be my favorite PS3 game I've played yet. The story captured me and kept my attention, something that very rarely happens to me. I never had any lag, combat was smooth, there are plenty of power-ups and abilities....... I just really, REALLY like this game.
  85. Apr 10, 2014
    This is by far one of the greatest achievements in gaming history. I actually prefer the original bioshock over infinite mainly because the setting and atmosphere appeal to me personally. This is one of the only shooters I have ever played that can hold its own against the gaming powerhouse that is half-life 2 and that should speak for itself.
  86. PaVi_nl
    Jan 8, 2009
    I own Bioshock on PS3, and it was the first experience i had with it other the reading about it. I had some hard times at first because i approached the game like a normal 1st person shooter. But when you play the game like its supposed to, with thought and care, then its one of most intense gaming experciences you ever have. For me its up there with Half-life 2. Which i considerd the bestI own Bioshock on PS3, and it was the first experience i had with it other the reading about it. I had some hard times at first because i approached the game like a normal 1st person shooter. But when you play the game like its supposed to, with thought and care, then its one of most intense gaming experciences you ever have. For me its up there with Half-life 2. Which i considerd the best game i played before encountering Bioshock. Expand
  87. MattH
    Sep 4, 2009
    This game is just brilliant no probs with it it diserves to be 4th or even 1st place on metacritic compered to COD4, LBP or even GTA IV this game is the best the grafics are brilliant, but my only problem with this game of the year contender is that I played thru it all and it took me about 17 hours and i thought there was a bit of repitition in it and it could of been a bit longer butThis game is just brilliant no probs with it it diserves to be 4th or even 1st place on metacritic compered to COD4, LBP or even GTA IV this game is the best the grafics are brilliant, but my only problem with this game of the year contender is that I played thru it all and it took me about 17 hours and i thought there was a bit of repitition in it and it could of been a bit longer but that is my only problem by far this is the best game i've played, you'll play and anyone will play! ( i cant wait for the sequel ) one of the best bits i found was the challenge rooms wich you can buy from the playstation store for £6.99 the best challenge was the worlds of hurt excellent game it deserves 10/10 !!! od 5*/5 !!! Expand
  88. AJ
    Oct 22, 2008
    What an amazing game! I've only played for a few hours, but that's enough to realise the quality. Graphics, gameplay, story and AI are all great, very interactive environment, old school yet cool weapons that can use different ammo, with the addition of Plasmids, your arsenal is so widespread, there's many ways to defeat your foes.
  89. GeorgeM
    Oct 28, 2008
    Easily one of the best looking, story-rich first person shooters ever to grace a console...now its on ps3. Having played this on 360 already i can assure you this is one of the definitive gaming experiences of THIS generation, everything about this game is just top notch and screams high production values. I currently own the 360 version, but from what i've heard...the ps3 version Easily one of the best looking, story-rich first person shooters ever to grace a console...now its on ps3. Having played this on 360 already i can assure you this is one of the definitive gaming experiences of THIS generation, everything about this game is just top notch and screams high production values. I currently own the 360 version, but from what i've heard...the ps3 version will be getting exclusive content, that alone is enough to warrant a Bioshock 360 trade-in for a Bioshock ps3 upgrade. Expand
  90. YermakirumY.
    Sep 6, 2008
    Very good game.
  91. JesseB
    Oct 13, 2009
    The creepy atmosphere of this game is unrivaled. However, I must say I didn't enjoy it that much and the ending sort of came out of no where. I would of also liked to have the option to play through again with my upgraded weapons. Overall a great game but still somewhat overrated in my opinion.
  92. LarsF.
    Jan 15, 2009
    Love this game. Narrative is excellently suspenseful and the pacing is just right. It seems to get hard at some points to find yourself around the maps and into the different areas of the levels- but once you figure the maps out, you will be fine. I wish it lasted longer even, but I still have a lot of trophies still to get on a second playthrough. Great game, cannot wait for the second. Love this game. Narrative is excellently suspenseful and the pacing is just right. It seems to get hard at some points to find yourself around the maps and into the different areas of the levels- but once you figure the maps out, you will be fine. I wish it lasted longer even, but I still have a lot of trophies still to get on a second playthrough. Great game, cannot wait for the second. I felt you run out of ammo and plasmas too fast though..especially since you need to kill the Big Daddies with them! Expand
  93. EuanF
    Nov 8, 2009
    this game has got it all: incredible graphics, amazing storyline, great gameplay, tons of atmosphere, ingenius originality, fascinating and tough enemies and you can play the game and 'customize' your main man to the way you see fit. the game is so in-depth, so involving, and with the massive plot twist, so affecting. apart from the stupidly annoying hack system and the stupid this game has got it all: incredible graphics, amazing storyline, great gameplay, tons of atmosphere, ingenius originality, fascinating and tough enemies and you can play the game and 'customize' your main man to the way you see fit. the game is so in-depth, so involving, and with the massive plot twist, so affecting. apart from the stupidly annoying hack system and the stupid noise the camera's make when you get into their sights, there isn't anything i don't like about this game. Expand
  94. TyeS
    Dec 5, 2009
    One things that games struggle to accomplish where their cinematic brethren achieve is a sense immersion. Bioshock's city of Rapture has such deep atmosphere, backstory, and life that you get sucked into its eerie world and don't want to leave until the credits roll. The gameplay is new and refreshing and also its sense of choice made me want to explore every nook and cranny of One things that games struggle to accomplish where their cinematic brethren achieve is a sense immersion. Bioshock's city of Rapture has such deep atmosphere, backstory, and life that you get sucked into its eerie world and don't want to leave until the credits roll. The gameplay is new and refreshing and also its sense of choice made me want to explore every nook and cranny of Rapture's world. Even if there was a Big Daddy waiting around the corner to make me piss my pants. Expand
  95. JULIOM.
    Feb 20, 2009
    I am plying now this game and I'm enjoying a lot. Mi wife is going to kill me, all days going to bed at 2 o'clock :-) . It's not only about killing your enemys, you have to think in each moment what plasmid or army you have to use, and how destroy your enemies. I recommend everybody
  96. alexr
    Apr 18, 2009
    Good. Really good, but not an outright classic. the first half is pretty much flawless, but the later half has a bit too much repetition and 'collecting'. End boss was WAY too easy!
    Jun 7, 2009
    A little too dark and gruesome for me, but overall engaging and fun. Draws you in.
  98. DaveL
    Jan 1, 2010
    Great game. Love how the controls fit so nicely to the PS3 version. Definitely a must play. The only problem I have is that you have to buy the add-on to get all the trophies. From what Ive heard the add-on is good, but not fully worth the $10. Still, extremely fun game.
  99. Nuno
    Nov 12, 2008
    Best game that i ever play, after Footbal Manager. :)Nice scenarious, creepy atmosphere, Big guns, the plasmids, some enemys are great and difficult to beat, some parts of the game we need to think what to do. And starting play in the Normal level is a quite difficult to istued at the beginning. Very good game i recomend a lot.

1. Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)
    A remarkable achievement, a triumph of gameplay and narrative that everyone should choose to play. [Nov 2008, p.70]
  2. PSM3 Magazine UK
    With so much invention, intrigue and genuine brilliance packed into twelve hours of game-play, you just can't afford not to (pick up a copy). [Nov 2008, p.22]
  3. GamePro
    There's no doubt that Bioshock is one of the finest FPS games ever made and the PS3 port is stellar through and through. [Nov 2008, p.103]