- Summary: [Playstation Network] Participate in the “NetWar”: a hyper-realistic battlefield letting you fight tomorrow’s conflicts with or against your friends in the gritty Blacklight universe. Customize your character and weaponry from among thousands of combinations to become the soldier you alwaysalways wanted to be.… Expand
Jan 4, 201173Blacklight: Tango Down provides everything that a modern game has to offer, but for a small prize. The extensiveness of the game consisting of 12 maps, the online mode in which you can play with up to 15 others, and the easily understandable levels system with 70 levels ensure numerous entertaining hours of playing.
Jan 25, 201170While the learning curve is a little steep, the combat and weaponry has an extremely different feel and is well worth a look for the bargain price of 20 bucks. [February 2011 p81]
7Backlight tango down is basically a the multiplayer for call of duty with a little sci-fi mixed in. when it first was released I was all over it. The game is loads of fun, has great graphics (for a dlc title) and is full of unlockables that will take a lot of time invested to get. But looking back, this title was not enough to hold my attention for long. For the price the amount of content canâ… Expand
6The game is a pretty simple shooter, mostly based in small environments. It promises a lot of fun by it's quick action, fast paced, except when loading and migrating hosts; issues with the online play by the lag, and the frustration when a room crashes as you receive nothing, not to mention that the aiming system could be improved. The weapons are just fine , and the graphics are ok; takes a bit to get used to the interface and the background music, but it's not bad for it's low price.… Expand
This game would have been a decent shooter, but it is crippled by bugs and lag issues that make the game almost entirely unplayable to a good portion of their consumer base. Normally, when there is a debilitating bug present in a game that makes the game unplayable, developers rush to patch it within a few days. Zombie Studios, however, dragged their feet long enough delaying this essential patch that their player base has nearly completely dried up. What would have been a decent shooter, has turned into an unplayable mess, and a good portion of their customers have been left high and dry. Do not buy this game!
Here is a quick list of known bugs in version 1.0:
1) "Hitching" which is the main bug issue. It is basically the whole game freezing every few seconds for about half a second to a full second, making a shooter virtually unplayable.
2) Team Deathmatch loading screen freezes on a regular basis.
3) Sniper rifles seem to suffer from severe bullet lag. You can scope in, shoot a round, and wait 1/2 to a full second before observing the round hit the wall, where the target use to be. 4) Light Machine Guns are grossly underpowered at low rank. LMGs should always have an accuracy advantage over Sub Machine Guns. You take a hit with mobility, yet there is no payoff for that loss. Accuracy needs to be increased across the board for LMGs. Furthermore, a bit of a decrease in accuracy for SMGs are in order.
5) The host of a room has far too much of an advantage vs. everyone else. I have been host a few times and ran around virtually invincible until the game ended. Having a full second of advantage over everyone in your room, whether it is multiplayer or co-op, is a little too much.
6) Lack of description for what any weapon part or "mod stat" does. It's incredibly stupid that no one knows what items do what in the game without referring to fanboys on the internet. Your basically creating loadouts for your characters without knowing what the items do, or even what the general stats mean (There are just random icons with no description). What's more, when asking the developers on their forum, they all gave different answers. They don't even know!
7) Cooked a grenade and hit the melee button while it was in hand. Grenade became permanently attached to my hand and I could do nothing but wait until someone killed me.
Why I did not give this game a 1 was because under all of the problems that killed the game, there was a decent shooter. If only they didn't push out a highly defective product, their consumers would have been very happy.… Expand