BlackSite: Area 51 PlayStation 3

6.3

1. Oct 17, 2011
    Normally a 5 is a terrible rating but despite giving a 5 to this game its a fairly decent game. The game has numerous problems and seems incomplete yet it is still fully playable and easily finished so I guess if you can pick it up dirt cheap it still may be worth your time. I paid $3 and I'd say this game is ok for maybe $8 or less then throw away, give away, use as a coaster? BasicallyNormally a 5 is a terrible rating but despite giving a 5 to this game its a fairly decent game. The game has numerous problems and seems incomplete yet it is still fully playable and easily finished so I guess if you can pick it up dirt cheap it still may be worth your time. I paid $3 and I'd say this game is ok for maybe $8 or less then throw away, give away, use as a coaster? Basically this game feels largely unfinished or as a beta but at least there are areas of great science fiction and some good areas of combat. The game is extremely easy, probably the easiest shooter I've ever played. I guess I'd recommend it to those who have problems with other shooters. It is very short and easily finishable, maybe about a 4 hr game on hard. I encountered audio drops and load stalls but these were mostly annoying. As much as i butchered the rating on this game i'd still say at least i had fun for my $3 purchase. Expand
  2. SonictheHedhehog
    Dec 10, 2007
    A good FPS that have all the elements if you need in this type of game.
  3. TonyW.
    Jan 11, 2008
    Way too many troubles with this game,frequent freezing and way too short although you may prefer to get this over with quickly.
  4. LeoD.
    Feb 14, 2008
    Say all you want! Blacksite is just one of the best FPS shooters there is. Perhaps you may not have known, but because of the schedule and pressure, this game turned out just like that. But it is still fun to play, and it is not repetitive unlike Resistance!
  5. JerryM.
    Feb 25, 2008
    Excellent, best ever AI, 3D graphics that rival Crysis, just buy it.
  6. MasJ.
    Jan 13, 2008
    One of the few people on the planet to have played this game and finished it. It not bad for a beta version. Your squad mates could use some AI so they don't stand infront of your face grinning at you in the middle of a fire fight, some rough graphics to smooth up and some of your squad mates just disappear into thin air after running ahead of you.
  7. gamer24none
    Dec 16, 2007
    A few very nice 3-D components, but meshed with a ton of bad 2D simulated 3D objects, a stupid A.I. and lack of realistic effects, makes this a half-baked game.
  8. Aug 30, 2011
    I really don't understand all the dirt being kicked at Midway for this game, honestly. Its not horrible like some of the reviews I've seen, true it is short but the game itself is pretty good.

Graphics - Muddy at times but never distracting, its the girl next door not the model. Seriously not that bad though. Sound - Fitting as far as guns and effects go. The voice acting is a little

Sound - Fitting as far as guns and effects go. The voice acting is a little blah.

Story - Intriguing at first but drags out in the middle a little, I'll say I didn't know the end was the end though.

Playability - Pick up and go if you've ever played a first person shooter.

Fun factor - I'd play it again I really would, I think this game caught some undeserved flak. The multiplayer isn't as good as some other games of the same genre but its not bad.

Replay value - Unlockable content and higher difficulties are some of the things it has to offer, Id play again.

Value - For $20 its not bad, $60 might be a little too steep seeing as there's a slew of games in this genre which are better.

Overall value - Don't buy the negative hype, try it yourself. Rent it like I did and see how well it fits you, If you absolutely hate it like some say they do, at least you didn't fork over $60.
  9. Aug 26, 2013
    another boring repetitive and full of glitches FPS shooter it is so repetitive terrible graphics and boring story development and the enemy's as well are not good
  10. Feb 13, 2015
    Standard just standard! Nothing special or new. You can get for a couple bucks so that is good! If you like FPS you could give it a try but don´t except anything special. And i experienced some framerate issues!

1. I can see FPS fans having fun with BlackSite since it provides all the standard FPS rollercoaster thrills, but most of us have been up and down those hills a few too many times.
    BlackSite, which evolved from a light-gun coin-op game in the late 1990s, does its best to shadow "Halo 1"'s story in many respects, but regularly comes up short.
  3. BlackSite: Area 51 features a handful of fun moments blasting giant aliens, but there’s too much time spent in forgettable shootouts, the story fails to engage, and it’s so riddled with bugs that not even the Orkin Man can feel safe purchasing it.