6.1

1. Aug 26, 2013
    another boring repetitive and full of glitches FPS shooter it is so repetitive terrible graphics and boring story development and the enemy's as well are not good
  2. Oct 17, 2011
    Normally a 5 is a terrible rating but despite giving a 5 to this game its a fairly decent game. The game has numerous problems and seems incomplete yet it is still fully playable and easily finished so I guess if you can pick it up dirt cheap it still may be worth your time. I paid $3 and I'd say this game is ok for maybe $8 or less then throw away, give away, use as a coaster? Basically this game feels largely unfinished or as a beta but at least there are areas of great science fiction and some good areas of combat. The game is extremely easy, probably the easiest shooter I've ever played. I guess I'd recommend it to those who have problems with other shooters. It is very short and easily finishable, maybe about a 4 hr game on hard. I encountered audio drops and load stalls but these were mostly annoying. As much as i butchered the rating on this game i'd still say at least i had fun for my $3 purchase. Expand
  3. Aug 30, 2011
    I really don't understand all the dirt being kicked at Midway for this game, honestly. Its not horrible like some of the reviews I've seen, true it is short but the game itself is pretty good. Graphics - Muddy at times but never distracting, its the girl next door not the model. Seriously not that bad though. Sound - Fitting as far as guns and effects go. The voice acting is a little blah.

Story - Intriguing at first but drags out in the middle a little, I'll say I didn't know the end was the end though.

Playability - Pick up and go if you've ever played a first person shooter.

Fun factor - I'd play it again I really would, I think this game caught some undeserved flak. The multiplayer isn't as good as some other games of the same genre but its not bad.

Replay value - Unlockable content and higher difficulties are some of the things it has to offer, Id play again.

Value - For $20 its not bad, $60 might be a little too steep seeing as there's a slew of games in this genre which are better.

Overall value - Don't buy the negative hype, try it yourself. Rent it like I did and see how well it fits you, If you absolutely hate it like some say they do, at least you didn't fork over $60.
  4. Aug 30, 2011

Playability - Pick up and go if you've ever played a first person shooter.

1. I can see FPS fans having fun with BlackSite since it provides all the standard FPS rollercoaster thrills, but most of us have been up and down those hills a few too many times.
    BlackSite, which evolved from a light-gun coin-op game in the late 1990s, does its best to shadow "Halo 1"'s story in many respects, but regularly comes up short.
  3. BlackSite: Area 51 features a handful of fun moments blasting giant aliens, but there’s too much time spent in forgettable shootouts, the story fails to engage, and it’s so riddled with bugs that not even the Orkin Man can feel safe purchasing it.