Blood Drive PlayStation 3

6.8

1. Apr 14, 2014
    I grew up on Vigilante 8 and I really enjoy car combat. However, when I initially played this game I found it to be frustratingly difficult and I wasn't having much fun. I played the game a few more times and got the hang of it. I was surprised to find that once I changed the control settings a bit and learned some strategy that this is a really fun game.

My only major issue is that

My only major issue is that there is no local multiplayer. I miss the days where most games allowed friends to play head-to-head in the same room.
  2. Nov 14, 2010
    not a bad game, for quick and easy violence. kind of neat integration of zombie fun. it's car combat, and may whet your appetite for the new Twisted Metal next year. but there are some flaws.

my PS3 does not recognize the trophies for the game, and therefore do not add them to my GamerLevel or post them to Facebook. The physics of the cars are a bit dodgy at times. some weapons appear to be useless and its hard to line up a shot without a cross-hair.

having said that, writing this now, i feel a distinct pull to fire up the PS3 and let loose with more blood drive violence. wait if you can for a price drop, but $50 isn't too bad i guess
  3. Nov 3, 2010
    Twisted Metal style game? Check. Zombies? Check. Violence and blood? Check and check. If these are things you enjoy then pick this game up. If you enjoying having fun then pick this game up. The only problem with this game is that it is published by the evil empire Activision but Sidhe did an amazing job. For some reason I get a much more Vigilante 8 feeling from Blood Drive rather thanTwisted Metal style game? Check. Zombies? Check. Violence and blood? Check and check. If these are things you enjoy then pick this game up. If you enjoying having fun then pick this game up. The only problem with this game is that it is published by the evil empire Activision but Sidhe did an amazing job. For some reason I get a much more Vigilante 8 feeling from Blood Drive rather than Twisted Metal, but for people who didn't play those games religiously you probably won't notice a difference...or there is the possibility that I am crazy. The bottom line for this game is I am happy I picked it up day 1 and after spending some time spilling zombie blood I can easily give this game a glowing review. Thank you Sidhe! Activision go to hell. Collapse
  4. Nov 3, 2010

1. Feb 21, 2011
    Blood Drive is like a radioactive element - admired from a distance, but never to be touched.
  2. Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)
    Jan 6, 2011
    There is, perhaps, no better group to mark for wholesale slaughter than zombies. [Jan 2010, p.84]
  3. Dec 26, 2010
    Blood Drive is the Carmageddon of this generation. However, this game does not have the same quality as Carmageddon once had. After a few hours of zombie-racing madness, you'll want to play another game.