8.2

1. Sep 9, 2014
    This is one of my favorite FPS games, only stays behind Bioshock in my list. Both published by 2K and some of the best FPS games of the last generation!
    Borderlands 2 beats Borderlands, the characters, the DLC, the craziness, this game is amazing and can make you spend countless hours playing solo or coop. A lot more fun in coop but still good to play alone, this game has a great story, some plot twists and a lot of hilarious moments and characters (such has Claptrap).
    A mix of FPS and RPG and we have Borderlands 2! I can't have enough of this game and decided to make a review since Borderlands The Prequel is coming.
  2. Dec 2, 2012
    Borderlands 2 is everything right with the FPS genre. Everything from the first game was either dramatically improved or slightly improved. Either way, the series is getting way better. The characters, enemies, weapons, shields, etc, still top notch. In many ways Borderlands 2 is the anti COD and MOH. The game has a great sense of humor and a drastically improved story. If you enjoyed theBorderlands 2 is everything right with the FPS genre. Everything from the first game was either dramatically improved or slightly improved. Either way, the series is getting way better. The characters, enemies, weapons, shields, etc, still top notch. In many ways Borderlands 2 is the anti COD and MOH. The game has a great sense of humor and a drastically improved story. If you enjoyed the first, go out and get the second. Also, get the season pass for all of the DLC. I know only two of the four planned have come out, but both are really good and add about another 14-20 hours of play. Expand
  3. Dec 3, 2012
    This games is great. Some people have said that it is unrealistic. But I think that is part of the reason why this game is so much fun. The game looks great. I haven't ran across any glitches.
  4. Dec 12, 2012
    You won't regret buying this game. GOTY IMO
  5. Dec 14, 2012
    When I first tried playing borderlands 1 I didn't like it very much. But then my friend told me that borderlands 2 is refined installment that I definitely have to try. And I have to say it was worth it. You will get lost in time looting billions of chests and finding nice loot. You will also shoot guys...endlessly. And the best part is that it never really gets boring. Enemies are fun toWhen I first tried playing borderlands 1 I didn't like it very much. But then my friend told me that borderlands 2 is refined installment that I definitely have to try. And I have to say it was worth it. You will get lost in time looting billions of chests and finding nice loot. You will also shoot guys...endlessly. And the best part is that it never really gets boring. Enemies are fun to kill and you have a lots of ways to kill them. It doesn't feel like shooter for stupid people. If your enemies are the same level as you it will be challenging. You will have to take cover and if you won't you will find yourself in second wind praying that you will survive. Borderlands is also heavily based on co-op which is big part of game. It is more fun be prepared that if you don't play with your friends your teammates can be very annoying sometimes and you will find yourself switching from game to game. If you like fancy weapons, funny dialogues, bloody limbs, and goofy robots this game is FOR YOU. Expand
  6. Dec 16, 2012
    The graphics and gameplay are solid, the co-op system extends the already high replayability of the game (One might say it's the main feature) and the game itself is very enjoyable. One of the best releases of 2012. However I strongly recommend having friends, and if you want a deep story look elsewhere because the focus of Borderlands 2 is gameplay.
  7. Dec 23, 2012
    Borderlands was an amazing game, and somehow the 2nd is even better. Every aspect of the original is improved, and there are many small additions. The four completely new classes are more diverse than the first game's. All of the Guns have have more personality than the ones in borderlands. After playing through the second one for the third time I went back to the original and theBorderlands was an amazing game, and somehow the 2nd is even better. Every aspect of the original is improved, and there are many small additions. The four completely new classes are more diverse than the first game's. All of the Guns have have more personality than the ones in borderlands. After playing through the second one for the third time I went back to the original and the difference between the two is huge. The art style is even more borderlands, the enemies are more diverse and difficult, and the side quests aren't just filler. The only problem is that you can never carry enough guns. Why is it that a vault can only hold 20, but i can carry 27? Unless Gearbox fixes this issue you might have to create a character whose sole purpose is to store gear. This is a quite lengthy game which has at least 60 hours of gameplay in one playthrough, if you do every single quest. Then a second playthrough throws the same thing at you with harder enemies. It took me about 55 hours to get my first character to the level cap. And don't forget about the all of the dlc areas, quests, and the mechronamcer pack. Gearbox has also said it will release more characters in the future. This is one of the best games this generation, and one of my favorites. Expand
  8. Feb 13, 2013
    Absolutely amazing game...... especially if you have a co-op buddy to play with. Make sure you have great communication though. I played in the same apartment with my girlfriend (rooms right next to each other), so we had great communication. OR you can play split screen with a friend. I never played this game by myself, so I can't give that point of view. Borderlands has always been aAbsolutely amazing game...... especially if you have a co-op buddy to play with. Make sure you have great communication though. I played in the same apartment with my girlfriend (rooms right next to each other), so we had great communication. OR you can play split screen with a friend. I never played this game by myself, so I can't give that point of view. Borderlands has always been a Unique FPS (nothing generic about it). If you love to loot stuff (finding rare weapons and things like that) than this game is definitely for you. Plenty of lasting appeal in this game. Whenever I played this game, it was always online and I have NEVER (no exaggeration) run into any glitches or lag. The missions feel great too, they don't have that feeling where you feel like you're doing the same basic mission over and over again.
    I think people who hate this game are Call of Duty TYPE players who aren't used to the RPG mechanics of leveling up, looting weapons, mods, relics, spending skill points, etc....) All they want is a straight forward game that doesn't confuse them (not that Borderlands 2 RPG elements are confusing, I just think CoD players aren't used to it). If you love leveling up characters and unlocking new abilities, buy this game.
  9. Jun 26, 2014
    I still dig the original more, but what the hell... it's still more Borderlands. Am I right? Sh*t, I forgot you need 150 characters to review stuff. Apparently simplicity isn't welcome here. My bad.
  10. Jan 2, 2013
    This is probably one of the better loot grabbing RPG's I have ever played. The graphics are nicely done, but are not for everyone. The game play is great with PLENTY of customization! This game is EASILY worth your money!
  11. Jan 15, 2013
    You'll love this game for the first few days but after that it gets very boring. The side missions are very repetitive, they consist mainly of "get this for me" or "go kill this guy" and it's what makes it boring. The game does have a great sense of humor though. Some may like it, some may not, but just try it and see for yourself.
  12. Jan 11, 2014
    The story is a very basic means to an end especially with all the silly distracting jokes constantly being thrown around. Gameplay-wise, the main quest is heavily padded with a ton of meaningless side-quests similiar to other open-world games like GTA. Graphics are vibrant and the art style has a pleasant cartoonish quality. Playing with friends online will net you the most fun, but onceThe story is a very basic means to an end especially with all the silly distracting jokes constantly being thrown around. Gameplay-wise, the main quest is heavily padded with a ton of meaningless side-quests similiar to other open-world games like GTA. Graphics are vibrant and the art style has a pleasant cartoonish quality. Playing with friends online will net you the most fun, but once you have done it all there is little reason to play again. Expand
  13. Jan 6, 2013
    Diablo in FPS form. But 2K doesn't develop free DLC for this game and i have no idea why (money obviously, but for Borderlands 1 they were free DLCs).
  14. Jan 14, 2013
    After finishing Borderlands 2 - platinum trophy and everything - I have to say that it is my game of the year hands down. I will try to put my praise and criticism in an orderly fashion. First off: this is a game that unfolds most of its potential, when played in multiplayer mode. As with a lot of games that are designed for online play it is a very gratifying experience to play within aAfter finishing Borderlands 2 - platinum trophy and everything - I have to say that it is my game of the year hands down. I will try to put my praise and criticism in an orderly fashion. First off: this is a game that unfolds most of its potential, when played in multiplayer mode. As with a lot of games that are designed for online play it is a very gratifying experience to play within a group of capable players. The skilltrees for all classes are more centered and really influence the way you play without being too restricting, in my opinion. The returning classes of Siren and Commando are more strongly focused on their respective action skills. The new classes of Gunzerker and Assassin seem more complicated at first but are actually quite accessable. In any case you can reset your skillpoints if you feel like it.
    What I really liked about the game is that it takes most of what made Borderlands 1 did well and improves on that. The mentioned focus on multiplayer gaming has been improved; I found it easier to find a game I could join and if a friend is online you can easily join their game without them having to leave their session and send complicated invites. One of the more annoying bits occured when I hosted a game with random players. They all were capable players and it was a fun game but when one of them turned in a quest for me I did not get the reward item. I do not know if this bug has been fixed.
    In general there is a lot of reasons why one would replay the game once the final boss has been deposed of. There is at least one quest you will not have done by then and a second harder and more satisfying - as far as xp and weapons are concerned - play-mode becomes available. In this mode you tend to die more easily when playing alone, which can be bothersome (although the fight for your life phase has been improved: now you are able to move, although slowly). One of the features that have you playing on and on is the random dropping of equipment, you can always improve on your stuff. Also there are challenges that have you coming back.
    In general Borderlands 2 is a great game for those who liked the first part - there is a ton of insider-jokes for those - and those who like a shooter with some very basic rpg-elements. If you did not like the first Borderlands you most likely won't like part 2, although you might want to give it a try. I found it brilliant and fun.
  15. Jan 17, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is a very interesting RPG. The guns had a major step up improvement, which pushed me to farm the same boss for hours, just to get the coolest guns imaginable. Borderlands 2 lived up to my expectations. If you are looking for a good RPG, and you love Call of Duty, then Borderlands 2 is the game for you.
  16. Feb 1, 2013
    I really enjoyed the 1st borderlands but this one just seems annoying. It's rare when enemies drop ammo or money and when they do it's usually a small amount. I literally had to knife people to survive in this game. I played for two hours hoping that it would change but it didn't. Overrated.
  17. Jan 28, 2013
    It has everything that a shooter game should have, combined with RPG elements and one of the best campaigns ever! It also come with an exceptional voice acting and its characters are awesome i mean that except from Joker there is no other villain that can be compared to handsome Jack and Claptrap is one of the funniest characters ever! To sum up this game is a must for every ps3 gamer!
  18. Jan 30, 2013
    I like Borderlands 2. It is fun, with an open world that is pretty damn good, and some really likable characters (Scooter comes to mind) and humorous writing (Bonerfarts!). But I didn't find its gameplay fun. Not after the first 5 hours or so of gunplay. I mean, in the mind numbingly linear tutorial, they pretty much told you everything about the game that is fun. So after you finally getI like Borderlands 2. It is fun, with an open world that is pretty damn good, and some really likable characters (Scooter comes to mind) and humorous writing (Bonerfarts!). But I didn't find its gameplay fun. Not after the first 5 hours or so of gunplay. I mean, in the mind numbingly linear tutorial, they pretty much told you everything about the game that is fun. So after you finally get out of the control-freak of a tutorial and into the Sanctuary, gameplay is already starting to feel repetitive. There are still some interesting things though, like going to new environments and fighting some minibosses. But the main part of the game feels boring. I mean, there's only so many times you can kill a midget until it get boring. Looting is also pretty boring. Most of the stuff you get after leveling up is worse than your own, and inventory limitations means that you can't just take them all. Still, you still try to loot them all in hopes of finding Eridium, making loot a chore rather than a joy.
    In conclusion, Borderlands 2 is fun while the intrigue and novelty held, but that decreases like an exponential function reflected along the y-axis. (Google it for those who no longer remembers high school math). Then again, it's just me.
  19. Mar 19, 2013
    I give Borderlands 2 a 9/10 because it's fun, graphically nice, tons of sidequests, tons of loot(weapons,shield & character specific items) & the fact that Gearbox keeps the DLC. coming is a huge plus. Recently a new vault hunter was announced & an increased level cap beyond 50. The reason I believe that players think the game can be repetitive is because if you do not have all of the docI give Borderlands 2 a 9/10 because it's fun, graphically nice, tons of sidequests, tons of loot(weapons,shield & character specific items) & the fact that Gearbox keeps the DLC. coming is a huge plus. Recently a new vault hunter was announced & an increased level cap beyond 50. The reason I believe that players think the game can be repetitive is because if you do not have all of the doc you will need to repeat some missions with a 2nd playthrough in order to work towards level 50; I have 3 DLC mission packs and before completing my first playthrough I had gained a level 36, the second time around you can choose a new mode called true vault hunter mode where you get tougher enemies & better loot; few enemies have new variations but it keeps you on your toes. The game is beat experienced with 4 friends, if you're a loner or are stuck with RANDOMS who hog all the loot then you're going to have a really bad experience and possibly a hard time finishing the game.
    This game was meant to be played with friends and it has tons to offer if you're willing to do even the boring side quests. Like any game which relies on main and side quests, you have to really dive into them to enjoy the game and get a better understanding of what is actually going on in that world. Very few console titles in this genre can do what Borderlands 2 does so kudos to the developers for keeping up the good work and still supporting it's community with new DLC.
  20. Mar 26, 2013
    well, I‘m a FPS games fun,well,at first time i see bother lands,it makes me fell happy,the gun,the character,i have to say,it"s one of the best FPS game i"ve ever play,i used play halo,cod,but this time,bother lands gives me great pleasure,thank you take two! you genius always give me surprise,waiting for your new bio shock!
  21. May 3, 2013
    Perfect in almost every way, shape, and form, Borderlands 2 easily kicks the ass of most traditional FPS games (save Bioshock and Half-Life 2,) and delivers an amazing ride the whole time.

Combat is a fast-paced mix of run and gun mixed with using your characters unique action skill. Admittedly, some characters have the edge over others (Axton and Gaige have a better chance in a firefight than Maya,) but this can be explained due to the fact that these characters can be used in support roles.

In terms of story, Borderlands 2 delivers much more than its previous entry. Handsome Jack and all the characters you meet may be some of the funniest and most clever characters I've met in a game. With personalities varied from the crazy yet adorable Tiny Tina, to the just plain crazy yet somehow sane Dr. Zed, you will have an absolute blast seeing these characters in action. I am really, truly glad that Borderlands 2 ditches for the most part, the "never see anyone except the bulletin and Claptrap" method of thinking for a more personal experience with the people you go on missions for.

Guns are the main part of the game, and they are much improved in terms of looks over Borderlands 1. Each manufacturer has a different style, and you can instantly tell who a gun is made by just by looking at it. This flare of style makes finding the guns much more satisfying.

With good fun, good story, and good guns, Borderlands 2 is one of the rare few games that can almost do no wrong. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the psycho-fueled fun!
  22. Apr 8, 2013
    One of the best, if not THE best game of this generation. As soon as I started playing this game I was in love, the beautiful comic atmosphere, the humor that claptrap introduced, and just the way everything comes together. I've finished this game three times since the most recent update just started on Ultimate Vault Hunter. The blend of FPS and RPG really is amazing and this game is soOne of the best, if not THE best game of this generation. As soon as I started playing this game I was in love, the beautiful comic atmosphere, the humor that claptrap introduced, and just the way everything comes together. I've finished this game three times since the most recent update just started on Ultimate Vault Hunter. The blend of FPS and RPG really is amazing and this game is so beautifully put together. Expand
  23. Apr 17, 2013
    Am I the only one who does not like this game? I find the gameplay opaque and jumpy and I keep running into bugs where I get stuck, have to reload, and end up back at the beginning. Redoing large sections is not fun. The cut scenes are sort of fun, but the game itself is repetitive, and not in a good way. I've left this one be for weeks, come back to it because the reviews are so goodAm I the only one who does not like this game? I find the gameplay opaque and jumpy and I keep running into bugs where I get stuck, have to reload, and end up back at the beginning. Redoing large sections is not fun. The cut scenes are sort of fun, but the game itself is repetitive, and not in a good way. I've left this one be for weeks, come back to it because the reviews are so good that I wonder what I missed, then dropped it again. Dull... I might be able to deal with it without the bugs. Expand
  24. Apr 25, 2013
    Wow this game is the only other game that I have played through twice. This game is amazing. Don't listen to the idiotic reviewers that only play games for graphics steer you off the games path. This game has its own art style and I respect and love it, it matches the games theme.
  25. Apr 25, 2013
    What can i say that i'm sure hasn't already been said about this amazing game? BL 2 takes everything that we loved about the first title and amplifies it ten fold. More guns...more quests...more interesting and unique characters and npc's(Tiny Tina being my favorite) and a MUCH MUCH more interesting villain. Handsome Jack is equal parts charming and evil. The dialogue is almost perfectlyWhat can i say that i'm sure hasn't already been said about this amazing game? BL 2 takes everything that we loved about the first title and amplifies it ten fold. More guns...more quests...more interesting and unique characters and npc's(Tiny Tina being my favorite) and a MUCH MUCH more interesting villain. Handsome Jack is equal parts charming and evil. The dialogue is almost perfectly written and the new character classes are overall more powerful versions of the ones found in the first game(totally digging on the Mechromancer). The graphics have that same cell shaded light cartoony feel that remains a pure delight to behold. A few complaints i do have are that the more "rare" orange level weapons seem a little hard to attain(even by this game's standards) and that when you do grab a few, seem woefully under-powered once you reach your 2nd and 3rd playthroughs. However, that really is small potatoes compared to the grander scheme of things. This is an amazing game that needs to be experienced by fans of any type of shooter. With a very deep and immersible character level progression and some of the best dlc add on's around... this one is certainly a no brainer Expand
  26. Apr 27, 2013
    Best game of 2012. One of the best rpg shooters ever made. The dlc's they put out is simply amazing. Voice acting is great, characters are outstanding, and there is literally a bazillion of different guns.
  27. Apr 27, 2013
    Perfect in every way. I loved all of the memerable characters like Sir Hammerlock, Tiny Tina and Clap-Trap (CL4-TP). The music was fantastic as I usually hate dup step but Gear Box made it awesome! The dialogue was funny and clever as I never got tired of the phsycos shouting, "I'm going to eat your babies!" The guns all looked amazing and haing a random gun generator IN the game was aPerfect in every way. I loved all of the memerable characters like Sir Hammerlock, Tiny Tina and Clap-Trap (CL4-TP). The music was fantastic as I usually hate dup step but Gear Box made it awesome! The dialogue was funny and clever as I never got tired of the phsycos shouting, "I'm going to eat your babies!" The guns all looked amazing and haing a random gun generator IN the game was a great idea. Every gun is colour coded on its rariety and it helped me a lot. Also guns aren't always better because of damage as accuarcy and fire rate was always something important to me. Plus onece you finish the game ou can continue from your current level and keep your guns and restart and go through a much harder game. This idea was probably took from Batman: Arkham City with its game story plus. So overall it's got great cell shaded graphics, epic guns, fantastic story and characters and DUPSTEP! Expand
  28. May 19, 2013
    Positives: SOOOOO much variation in weapons, loot, mission quests, excellent dialogue with a good number of one-liners (or several..), simple jump-in/jump-out online play, with friends or worldwide connection, making it even more entertaining to play. A number of different classes also, with so much replayability, and the fact that you can create more than one character at a time is a bigPositives: SOOOOO much variation in weapons, loot, mission quests, excellent dialogue with a good number of one-liners (or several..), simple jump-in/jump-out online play, with friends or worldwide connection, making it even more entertaining to play. A number of different classes also, with so much replayability, and the fact that you can create more than one character at a time is a big bonus for a game of this stature. Huge, open, semi-free roam world, some awesome rather tidy graphics, and very amusing in-game NPCs for more of the fun-factor.

Negatives: When playing with friends, loot drops aren't shared and only one player can pick up the loot-drops from enemies. Also, some people like him, some people don't, but ClapTrap (the robot) constantly talks rubbish and he does my nut in! Very annoying to listen to and unfortunately he can't be killed.

9/10 for a brilliant game with lots of different things to do, lots of equipment to use, and a joyful playing experience with the dialogue and the characters on show.
  29. May 3, 2013
    Borderlands 2 war für mich eins der besten spiele des Jahres 2012 ich verstehe nicht wie manche es scheiße finden. Die Spielewelt ist riesig man kann hunderte von Waffen sammeln, kaufen, verkaufen.
    Mit Freunden zusammen spielen usw.. Die Spielewelt umfasst ca. 60 Stunden was recht ordentlich ist.
    Die Mischung auf Shooter und RPG baut super aufeinander auf und wird miteinander verknüpft :))
    Das Spiel ist einfach nur geil
  30. May 5, 2013
    Fast, dynamic, and challenging. Borderlands 2 is everything a video game should be. It never takes itself too seriously like other games I could name. The story is built around the gameplay but does this much better than its predecessor. It is worth playing and replaying and replaying again. It's like if Diablo 3 and Kill Bill had a baby, and then that baby had a love affair withFast, dynamic, and challenging. Borderlands 2 is everything a video game should be. It never takes itself too seriously like other games I could name. The story is built around the gameplay but does this much better than its predecessor. It is worth playing and replaying and replaying again. It's like if Diablo 3 and Kill Bill had a baby, and then that baby had a love affair with South Park. Shoot things, get loot, keep playing to keep hearing the hilarious dialogue. This game is the bee's knees. Expand
  31. May 31, 2013
    I really like RPG games like this, the game is awesome fun! That's until after you finish the game's campaign of course. After I finished the game (without co-op) I tried to find other games, unfortunately I found no one available, so I basically had nothing to do. Plus, I'm not looking forward to Borderlands 3, mainly 'cause I hate GB now, and the fact the game gets boring for a while,I really like RPG games like this, the game is awesome fun! That's until after you finish the game's campaign of course. After I finished the game (without co-op) I tried to find other games, unfortunately I found no one available, so I basically had nothing to do. Plus, I'm not looking forward to Borderlands 3, mainly 'cause I hate GB now, and the fact the game gets boring for a while, even with friends. But I (might) consider buying/renting the sequel to this game. Not like I'm going to keep it. Expand
  32. Jun 4, 2013
    I call it "Boringlands". The first one was something new with it's candy looks and shooter RPG mix, but this? This should be one big DLC. Graphics are the same. Locations looks the same. Enemies looks the same. Weapons looks the same, etc. Storyline? What storyline? The worst thing about this game are it's quests made with copy+paste routine. Take this, go there, collect 5 of these, giveI call it "Boringlands". The first one was something new with it's candy looks and shooter RPG mix, but this? This should be one big DLC. Graphics are the same. Locations looks the same. Enemies looks the same. Weapons looks the same, etc. Storyline? What storyline? The worst thing about this game are it's quests made with copy+paste routine. Take this, go there, collect 5 of these, give 10 of those, go back and turn in the quest. Expand
  33. Jun 21, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is, at its core, AWESOME!
    Borderlands 2 is, at its core, AWESOME!
    I don't especially mean that in a way that it is a game of great quality or general excellence (which it is) but what I mean my awesome and what makes it such and pleasure to play is the attitude of dark humorous fun. Everything from the art style to the hilarious characters just screams crazy. Its no master class on how to make a complex powerful fps or rpg but it take the aspects that people have the most enjoyment from both and puts a spin their own spin on it and in the end it makes for not just a fantastic game but one of the best examples of either an fps or an rpg that I can think of.
  34. Jun 24, 2013
    Definitely an addictive game. Part FPS action and part RPG, the 'Borderlands' series helped reshape
    how I think about my gaming, as it probably has for many others. From the opening sequence (before the gameplay started!), I loved everything about this game, including the action-oriented gaming, character customization, cell-shaded animation, music, pop culture references, voiceover acting, and so much more. Unlike any other gaming experience, and I have played most of the biggest RPGs of the past twenty years. It has one factor that most other games lack, it doesn't get old. It is the most replayable game I have ever played, and with good RPGs, I play them until I finish them (a few times). I've played this game from start to a finish a few dozen times, and with the DLCs and the co-op gameplay, it just doesn't get old. If every future gamemaker studied the heck out of 'Borderlands 2,' and brought similar genre-bending improvements to their respective efforts, I don't see how that could be ill-received by mainstream gamers.
  35. Jul 23, 2013
    Beautiful, hilarious, immersive and compelling. These are just some of the adjectives you could use to describe the loot-hunting FPS that is Borderlands 2. Whether you're a fan of comic books, shooters or finding goodies across a gorgeous map you will find something to love about B2. As you take on a variety of originally designed enemies with originally designed weapons you will come toBeautiful, hilarious, immersive and compelling. These are just some of the adjectives you could use to describe the loot-hunting FPS that is Borderlands 2. Whether you're a fan of comic books, shooters or finding goodies across a gorgeous map you will find something to love about B2. As you take on a variety of originally designed enemies with originally designed weapons you will come to the conclusion that this game is satisfying. It feels good to see the art of your bullets hitting the strange bodies opposing you. It would be impossible to talk about borderlands without talking about the brilliant writing that will humour you throughout your gameplay, at the forefront of which lies the games antagonist, Handsome Jack. At one point Handsome Jack offers to name his diamond pony (yes, diamond pony) "Piss-For-Brains" in honour of you but opts for a more polite, "Butt Stallion." Whilst the gameplay is fun and the writing is entertaining an amazing game wouldn't be amazing without a compelling story, which Borderlands 2 definitely has. A mystery you're thrown into straight from the beginning which the guardian angel only you can here guides you through. Shoot, loot, upgrade and play your way through one of the greatest RPG-FPS's of this generation and perhaps of all time. Expand
  36. Aug 3, 2013
    well gearbox has crated this title which once was my favorite company could they regain there reputation nope. just another money grabbing game why this game is rated so high is beyond me absolute money grabbers wont be buying another Gearbox game again.
  37. Aug 10, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is a really well made game. Like most gamers the wold say that the art-style is good and its really smooth gameplay. In Borderlands 2 the story is you play as 4 vault hunters a lot like the first one. Handsome Jake the main villain in the game makes you love to hate him with his funny jokes. CL4P-TR4P is in the game as well withs scooter and much more. i think it is worthy ofBorderlands 2 is a really well made game. Like most gamers the wold say that the art-style is good and its really smooth gameplay. In Borderlands 2 the story is you play as 4 vault hunters a lot like the first one. Handsome Jake the main villain in the game makes you love to hate him with his funny jokes. CL4P-TR4P is in the game as well withs scooter and much more. i think it is worthy of a big 9-10 with loosing 1 for bugs and half of the time getting lost. thats all for now hope you liked this reviews give it a like pleas and ill see you next time Expand
  38. Aug 15, 2013
  39. Jan 30, 2014
    The most overhyped and overrated game of the past few years. Sure, it's pretty, the story is interesting and the dialogues are funny. These quirks don't hold up the game as a whole, mind you.

The early game and beginning levels are fun, challenging and coherent as a whole. As you progress further down the line, you'll notice a pattern; Anything can and will kill you in very cheap ways. Bullets shred through your shields as if it wasn't even there, and that is with the best shields you can get for that level. I played it with a friend, and at about L29 (out of 50) we just dropped our controllers and left BL2 for what it is - a poor excuse for a game.

My main point of criticsm comes from mob design point of view. Rather than giving mobs interesting abilities that you have to avoid or deal with, they made them insanely strong. Just for the record - AI with immaculate aim and insane damage is NOT similar to difficulty. It's similar to poor design and lack of creativity.

I did give this game a serious try and it had some serious potential but it messed up insanely hard as the levels progressed. Such a shame, it has so much potential.

All in all it's a meager 5 out of 10 at most.
  40. Oct 11, 2013
    I was initially disappointed but kept playing, then it all made sense, the level design and gameplay keeps improving and some of the details are astounding. I played as commando and used the turret skill, I don't regret it at all, this is the best game of this type I have ever played.
  41. Oct 12, 2013
    This game is beautiful, one of my most favorite games of all times. Looting and Shooting has never been so fun! I doubt anyone will ever do it better. The game is huge, long and fun all the way through. Plus its multiplayer up to 4 people, You can play the whole game with up to 3 friends! If your a hardcore Looting game fan this game is for you, I'm not a fan of shooters, I don't play callThis game is beautiful, one of my most favorite games of all times. Looting and Shooting has never been so fun! I doubt anyone will ever do it better. The game is huge, long and fun all the way through. Plus its multiplayer up to 4 people, You can play the whole game with up to 3 friends! If your a hardcore Looting game fan this game is for you, I'm not a fan of shooters, I don't play call of duty or halo. This is my shooter of choice. Open world, great story, awesome gameplay, beautiful graphics, beast multiplayer that actually makes it more fun to play with other players. I cannot recommend this game more! Expand
  42. Nov 24, 2013
    I used to avoid Borderlands a lot because the art style bugged me. Actually playing the game changed everything and after a while, I even began to like the art style Gearbox chose. There's so much good things you can say about this game. The multiplayer is damn near unparalleled with the online co-op being one of the best that I've played thus far. There's A TON of guns. That's been aI used to avoid Borderlands a lot because the art style bugged me. Actually playing the game changed everything and after a while, I even began to like the art style Gearbox chose. There's so much good things you can say about this game. The multiplayer is damn near unparalleled with the online co-op being one of the best that I've played thus far. There's A TON of guns. That's been a major selling point for the franchise for a long time.
    As far as gameplay goes, the combat hasn't changed a whole bunch from the first game with the same ol' "shoot 'em up" mentality in place. That's not necessarily a bad thing because the first game was really good. I just thought that was worth noting.
    One thing that was changed was the presence of the story within the game. The first game didn't have a really compelling story and at first, you may have felt it was absent all together. Borderlands 2 includes a story with a pretty impressive villain (Handsome Jack). While it's hardly "Last of Us" status, it'll keep you going.
    All in all, I loved the game. I'd highly recommend playing it. Also, don't forget to play online!!! I can't stress that enough. Playing with your friend through the campaign is a blast.
  43. Nov 25, 2013
    OK, lets get one thing straight: There is a definite improvement from the first game...
    The guns look unique and aren't just colour variations on the last gun you used, they are designed and fell differently from manufacturer to manufacturer, there is a vastly improved plot and multiple mechanics have been greatly improved, and the customization helps you make your character feel like it's yours, with the DLC not just adding extra story, but more characters, which spices things up.

However, the amount of loot feels significantly limited and the difficulty can ramp up to hair pulling levels (in the later levels and level increasing DLCs) for casual gamers and those unfamiliar with the mechanics, and this game does have moments where it feels you need friends just to get past a section with the difficulty spikes. And the game feels far more linear than it's more open predecessor, and from time to time somewhat repetitive with little or no reward, like it's predecessor.

In conclusion, do not let this game fall under your radar, you can definitely get hooked to the game and the DLCs add more everything, it will definitely guarantee an enjoyable FPS experience, be it alone or with drop-in/drop-out mulitplayer, with the game even gracing those who come with pals with raid bosses and an ever greater loot fest, with returning fans will most likely enjoy this leap from the original.
  44. Jan 9, 2014
    Borderlands 2 is a good game, but not great. The graphics are beautiful, the setting is memorable and the guns are insane, but there's definitely a hell of a lot missing. Firstly, there's not much to do in the world, as it is pretty much just collecting ammo, guns, health etc. It feels very linear, even though you have wide open spaces, as the story always leads you in one direction andBorderlands 2 is a good game, but not great. The graphics are beautiful, the setting is memorable and the guns are insane, but there's definitely a hell of a lot missing. Firstly, there's not much to do in the world, as it is pretty much just collecting ammo, guns, health etc. It feels very linear, even though you have wide open spaces, as the story always leads you in one direction and there's nothing else much to do. I really wanted to like this game, as i'm a big fan of science fiction and FPS, but halfway into the game i'm really getting bored of following a very average storyline with no real substance. It's such a shame, as this could have been legendary. Now if someone can only combine the graphics of Borderlands with the storyline of the Fallout series. . . now THAT would be something special !!! Expand
  45. Feb 5, 2014
    Borderlands 2 is an all around fun game. The loot is infinite! Not really but you get the point. there is so much loot. over all the game has an amazing story line with 4 play through's. The mobs have amazing and very fun commentary. And it adds a hole new feel to the game with coop mode. you can trade loot and money with other people, not to mention the risks of dueling Items. over allBorderlands 2 is an all around fun game. The loot is infinite! Not really but you get the point. there is so much loot. over all the game has an amazing story line with 4 play through's. The mobs have amazing and very fun commentary. And it adds a hole new feel to the game with coop mode. you can trade loot and money with other people, not to mention the risks of dueling Items. over all this is a spectacular game and i cant wait for Borderlands 3. Expand
  46. Feb 26, 2014
    This game is my all-time favorite -- between 6 characters to customize, 4 main DLC packs to play through, and all the additional DLC that is being released regularly, I have not been able to quit my devotion.
  47. Mar 8, 2014
    When I first bought this game it was mainly to play with my friends, but in the end I ended up playing hours and hours just by myself because it was so much fun, the game literally gushes with amazing content whether it's the wide array of weapons on display or the brilliant humour portrayed by amazing voice actors. Also the first ever game I bothered to platinum.
  48. Mar 11, 2014
    I really like Borderlands 2 and if I owned just one game for the PS3 it would be Borderlands 2, followed by Borderlands 1.

My only complaint is that playing singleplayer is quite tedious and multiplayer over the internet is quite worthless.

But sitting on the couch with a good friend splitscreening Borderlands 2 is the best experience available for the PS3.
  49. Apr 1, 2014
    The first thing I will say is to STAY AWAY from the dlc's, excluding Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep. They lack a lot of content, and are not worth their price tags. Even the dlc characters are rip-offs, considering how much they suck. Aside from that, this game is literally the definition of fun. You can spend hours upon hours shooting up bad guys with your friends, and never getThe first thing I will say is to STAY AWAY from the dlc's, excluding Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep. They lack a lot of content, and are not worth their price tags. Even the dlc characters are rip-offs, considering how much they suck. Aside from that, this game is literally the definition of fun. You can spend hours upon hours shooting up bad guys with your friends, and never get bored. The game is full of laughs and action, making a game that hits on so many right spots. It took about 26 hours for me to beat the main questline the first time through, but I've played a total of about 200 hours now, after beating it with several characters and playing a bunch of sidequests. Even after those 200 hours, there are dozens of quests that I haven't done.
    Pros: - Gameplay (The action is incredibly fun, and is near perfect)
    - Characters (Both playable and non playable, the characters in Borderlands 2 have well developed personalities and will make you grin with each witty remark)
    - Role-playing (The four classes provide vastly different play styles, which is a great addition to an RPG)
    - Story (Surprisingly, Borderlands 2 has a good story that is brought to life with one of gaming's greatest characters, Handsome Jack)
    - Content (You can spend dozens of hours playing the game, and still have many unfinished side quests)
    - Multiplayer (The online and splitscreen multiplayer has been some of the most fun I've ever had playing a video game)
    Cons: - Repetitive (Though there are hundreds of quests, they do become repetitive)
    Overall, Borderlands 2 is possibly the most fun game you will ever play. Whether you play alone or with friends, you will not want to put the control down. I won't say it's full of quality due to the repetitive nature of its quests, but it's far better than the majority of games I've played. It's also a very well polished game with only a few bugs every now and then.
  50. Mar 25, 2014
    Borderlands 2... Where do I start? This game carries over from the first hit Borderlands, including having some of its characters. The graphics may not be its strong suit, but with animation and it's release date, you cannot expect better graphics. The story has its own twists to it, with added DLC to enhance its gameplay. Limited selection of appearance makes this game a 9, unfortunatelyBorderlands 2... Where do I start? This game carries over from the first hit Borderlands, including having some of its characters. The graphics may not be its strong suit, but with animation and it's release date, you cannot expect better graphics. The story has its own twists to it, with added DLC to enhance its gameplay. Limited selection of appearance makes this game a 9, unfortunately this game isn't so diverse with appearance. At least it has more then one playable character, which is a bonus. The skill tree also makes your characters more diverse, making gameplay even better. All around I give this game a 9.5, but the score bar is weird and won't let me do that. Expand
  51. Apr 21, 2014
    this is one of the best cooperative games I have ever played. the characters are eccentric and memorable and there are so many fun weapons. the art is cool, but I feel like its a little bit too comic booky, where it is almost hard on my eyes, and the world is huge, but feels pretty empty, unlike games like skyrim and fallout, I had no interest exploring the world, so it felt almostthis is one of the best cooperative games I have ever played. the characters are eccentric and memorable and there are so many fun weapons. the art is cool, but I feel like its a little bit too comic booky, where it is almost hard on my eyes, and the world is huge, but feels pretty empty, unlike games like skyrim and fallout, I had no interest exploring the world, so it felt almost pointless for it to be so big. Expand
  52. May 19, 2014
    I remember playing the original Borderlands on release. I was excited so much for it because Gearbox had taken so damn long releasing it, and promised so much within it's walls. I was very disappointed to find that much of what I had come to expect was lost to me. But I played it and finished and I'm glad I did. But in the end it still felt empty.

Then, a few years later, word spreads

Then, a few years later, word spreads of the second outing for the franchise. Borderlands 2 was coming and it had nearly triple the amount of hype the first one did. I was hesitant at first, but after a short while I was engrossed in the trailers, excited by the posters in game stores, and eventually I bought it, once again, on release.

This time, instead of diving straight into coop with a bunch of friends, I went solo. And you know what? I had a blast. I stormed through so much of the game in a relatively small space of time. THAT was what the first was missing. The ability to comfortably move through the game on your own as well as with friends, because at the end of the day, a game is as much for our own personal enjoyment as it is for sharing with your friends.

This was crucial, I believe, in how Borderlands 2 was executed. Now I know not everyone will agree, and that's fine. Borderlands is what you make of it. But to me, the ability to jump in and out of games with friends, without feeling as though I was missing out by going it alone, was a big step for me.

That, combined with the stellar new cast of voice actors for the game breathed new, awesome life into it again. The story was epic, and honestly heartbreaking at times. Both myself and my friends laughed gleefully at several of the superbly presented set pieces in the story. And the villain had got to be one of my all time favourite characters in a game for a long time.

So, without waffling on too much longer, Borderlands 2, even if you haven't played the original, is a damn solid RPG to tackle, with plenty of challenges to overcome, and a whole suite of stuff to experience both on and offline. And, of course, randomized weapons are always a plus in my books.
  53. May 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There is not much to say really
    being chased by a midget screaming in a high pitched voice about how hes going to ride you like a bicycle
    BEST GAME EVER
  54. May 27, 2014
    It wins game of the **** universe. Its a 69 out of 10. If you disagree i will shove a large black item down your throat. This game cures cancer and aids.
  55. Jun 12, 2014
    Fantastic in every way, story is both good and unbelievably funny, game play is really nice, one of the best characters i've seen in a video-game (Claptrap), hundreds and hundreds of guns and loot out there just waiting for you. This game has many hours of fun game play for you and your friends.
  56. Jun 30, 2014
    Borderlands 2 is one HELL OF A GAME. It’s big. It’s bad. And it’s better.

Borderlands 2 is one HELL OF A GAME. It’s big. It’s bad. And it’s better.

Thrown back into the wonderfully deadly and bizarre world of Pandora, players choose one of the following Vault Hunters to prance around with for the next couple (or shall I say 20-30…) hours. You get to choose from Salvador the Gunzerker who is capable of dual-wielding guns and a master of blowing stuff up, Zer0 the Assassin who is able to decoy a hologram and slip into invisibility, Maya the Siren, a woman who has the power to lock enemies in the air (think Mass Effect Biotics…) and lastly Axton the Commando who deploys turrents with ‘have you met my girlfriend?’

Borderlands is a ‘sci-fi western game’. But with Tech. Crazy Folks and one hell of a screwed up antagonist, Handsome Jack. He’s tyrannical, mad and funny. He’s mess with you and play with your head, but hey, that’s fun right?

Gameplay, especially CO-OP is what this whole game is all about. The formula: kill, loot, kill, loot, kill, loot….is insanely addictive and fun when done alongside a couple of friends. The amount of weapons and VARIETY and STYLES out there will simply blow your mind. Guns here come in all shapes, sizes and colours. Some of them will shoot normal bullets. Some of them will shoot electrically charged bullets. Some fire incendiary rounds or those laced with corrosive acid. But some will even turn into grenades, yes that’s right, GRENADES, when you reload them. WTH?! AWESOME?

However, the more players means that there are bigger fights, which ultimately meana that there’s even BETTER loot and COOLER guns!! :)

The only downfall I can think of is the return of bloody Claptrap, the robot that greets our Vault Hunter. I seriously HATE the ‘cheerfulness’ in his voice and wish that I NEVER HELPED HIM FIND HIS EYE! Uggggggghhhhhhh. Die.

The cartoon graphics add a certain je ne sais quoi about it all – contributing to the game’s very distinct look. The script is brilliant and humorous and the soundtrack (especially, the introduction song ‘Short Change Hero – The Heavy) is even more majestic.

Borderlands 2 is a royal success!
  57. Jul 8, 2014
    borderlands 2 i a great game with some amazing parts in it and a must buy.graphics are very unique using a cartoon style like no other game.guns wise your never really going to run out with over 7 million guns theirs always something to look for.but at times the story can get a bit drab but always picks back up.so i think borderlands 2 is a great game
  58. Jul 9, 2014
    Borderlands 2 takes what made its prequel a good game and amps it up by a thousand!! The game features 4 brand new characters, that may be inspired by the ones from the first Borderlands, but have completely new abilities and skill trees. This sequel has more guns, more cars, diverse environment, great cameos from characters you know from the first installment, very fun DLC and even 2 newBorderlands 2 takes what made its prequel a good game and amps it up by a thousand!! The game features 4 brand new characters, that may be inspired by the ones from the first Borderlands, but have completely new abilities and skill trees. This sequel has more guns, more cars, diverse environment, great cameos from characters you know from the first installment, very fun DLC and even 2 new characters!! If you havent played it, get the GOTY Edition, now!! Expand
  59. Sep 3, 2014
    The perfect fusion of RPG and 1st person shooter. It has everything you could want from such a game. Multiple classes, various enemies and (no bazillion guns) dozens of different guns with thousands of stat and appearance differences.

The story line and dialogue is enough to keep you curious and entertained, with a few twists thrown in. Multiplayer in this game is how it should be, split screen and online, and even Splitscreen WITH ONLINE at the same time! Something other games should include.

Overall if you like RPG's and Shooters, then this is a game you should at the very least, watch on youtube. It drowns you with fun.
  60. Aug 11, 2014
    I have never played this game so why am I scoring it? I am scoring this for all of the amazing voice actors in the game from FUNimation! As of today 10 million copies of Borderlands 2 have been shipped worldwide!
  61. Aug 17, 2014
    Fan-f*cking-tastic. 2k and Gearbox really hit the mark, grabbing its predecessor's potential filled nut sack and squeezing. Hard. It has a great single player or mulitplayer experience (although you ought to play it with friends) with the fantastic Handsome Jack as the villain, who we all love to hate. Knows when and how to make you laugh and is heartbreaking at times. With great and gameFan-f*cking-tastic. 2k and Gearbox really hit the mark, grabbing its predecessor's potential filled nut sack and squeezing. Hard. It has a great single player or mulitplayer experience (although you ought to play it with friends) with the fantastic Handsome Jack as the villain, who we all love to hate. Knows when and how to make you laugh and is heartbreaking at times. With great and game enhancing DLC, the exciting, witty game Borderlands 2 deserves all the hype. Expand
  62. Oct 7, 2014
    This is one of those games were you have a friend come over and sit back and play through an addictive game with amazing graphic style, many many many guns, crazy enemies, and awesome boss battles. Borderlands two is the ultimate game to play with friends. It is still good by yourself but when you are dueling your friends for loot, fighting a boss together, or even bragging about the headsThis is one of those games were you have a friend come over and sit back and play through an addictive game with amazing graphic style, many many many guns, crazy enemies, and awesome boss battles. Borderlands two is the ultimate game to play with friends. It is still good by yourself but when you are dueling your friends for loot, fighting a boss together, or even bragging about the heads you got from a boss is just the best part of it. Expand
  63. Nov 3, 2014
    A absolutely good game with a really fun character list a long fun story that keeps you on your feet the whole time. With an amazing bad guy (Handsome Jack) that really wants you to cut his heart out and make him choke on it. With a wide verity of characters there's no possible way to have the same story with each character having different power ups and abilities. Over all a really funA absolutely good game with a really fun character list a long fun story that keeps you on your feet the whole time. With an amazing bad guy (Handsome Jack) that really wants you to cut his heart out and make him choke on it. With a wide verity of characters there's no possible way to have the same story with each character having different power ups and abilities. Over all a really fun majestic master piece of a game. Expand
  64. Oct 19, 2014
    Once again Bethesda strikes gold. I loved the first one. By loved I mean I played the campaign and DLC end to end with each player class, and was left wanting more. It took a while but they delivered and with a few improvements. While not perfect, it was definitely an improvement in game control, player optimization, and story. One of my favorite elements was the addition of better NPC'sOnce again Bethesda strikes gold. I loved the first one. By loved I mean I played the campaign and DLC end to end with each player class, and was left wanting more. It took a while but they delivered and with a few improvements. While not perfect, it was definitely an improvement in game control, player optimization, and story. One of my favorite elements was the addition of better NPC's you get to love/hate in Jack(azz), Sir Hammerlock, a slightly more humorous Claptrap, and the unforgettable Tiny Tina. Who can't love a game that has you on a mission renaming enemies bonerballs. Main critique is that some missions require an annoying amount of foot travel and killing repawned(and boringly lower class)enemies, and that towards the end it starts to get kind of repetitive. If you like the RPG/FPS hybrid genre, or even just a dynamic open world FPS, then it is definitely for you. Expand
  65. Oct 28, 2014
    Borderlands 2...
    Runs at a consistent 30fps, although graphics are somewhat disappointing.
    Four distinct classes to choose from, each bearing different skills, strengths and weaknesses. Millions of different guns with different specifications to keep you satisfied. Every weapon is classified in rarity from Common to Legendary. There is only one story despite the many classes and
    Borderlands 2...
    Runs at a consistent 30fps, although graphics are somewhat disappointing.
    Millions of different guns with different specifications to keep you satisfied.
    Every weapon is classified in rarity from Common to Legendary.
    There is only one story despite the many classes and characters.
    The story is somewhat vague but shows through towards the end.
    I personally severely enjoyed this game although the experience is quite short lived as DLC only boosts you from 50 to 72, but after that the gameplay is repetitive and is dull.

Overall, I mostly enjoyed this video game and have yet to complete the first but the exploding experience was just too short lived for my liking and so I rate it as above.
  66. Dec 8, 2014
    Enjoyable art-style. Good soundtrack. Immersive environments. And addictive loot based gameplay. So addictive in fact that if it weren't for a slightly weak story and poor character development I would have given it a 9 or even a 10.
  67. May 19, 2013

1. Jan 26, 2014
    What the original Borderlands did so well has been grabbed and near perfected with this sequel. The comedy may be hit and miss, but it thrives on its shooting and loot grabbing. Many hours of fun will await you in Pandora.
    Borderlands 2 is huge, intense and addictive.
  3. Oct 19, 2012
    It's a lengthy adventure full of personality, an endless plethora of weapons, and addictive co-op gameplay. Fans of the first game would be foolish to pass up another chance to visit Pandora and plunder the incalculable treasures therein.