8.2

1. Apr 1, 2014
    The first thing I will say is to STAY AWAY from the dlc's, excluding Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep. They lack a lot of content, and are not worth their price tags. Even the dlc characters are rip-offs, considering how much they suck. Aside from that, this game is literally the definition of fun. You can spend hours upon hours shooting up bad guys with your friends, and never get bored. The game is full of laughs and action, making a game that hits on so many right spots. It took about 26 hours for me to beat the main questline the first time through, but I've played a total of about 200 hours now, after beating it with several characters and playing a bunch of sidequests. Even after those 200 hours, there are dozens of quests that I haven't done.
    Pros: - Gameplay (The action is incredibly fun, and is near perfect)
    - Characters (Both playable and non playable, the characters in Borderlands 2 have well developed personalities and will make you grin with each witty remark)
    - Role-playing (The four classes provide vastly different play styles, which is a great addition to an RPG)
    - Story (Surprisingly, Borderlands 2 has a good story that is brought to life with one of gaming's greatest characters, Handsome Jack)
    - Content (You can spend dozens of hours playing the game, and still have many unfinished side quests)
    - Multiplayer (The online and splitscreen multiplayer has been some of the most fun I've ever had playing a video game)
    Cons: - Repetitive (Though there are hundreds of quests, they do become repetitive)
    Overall, Borderlands 2 is possibly the most fun game you will ever play. Whether you play alone or with friends, you will not want to put the control down. I won't say it's full of quality due to the repetitive nature of its quests, but it's far better than the majority of games I've played. It's also a very well polished game with only a few bugs every now and then.
  2. Mar 25, 2014
    Borderlands 2... Where do I start? This game carries over from the first hit Borderlands, including having some of its characters. The graphics may not be its strong suit, but with animation and it's release date, you cannot expect better graphics. The story has its own twists to it, with added DLC to enhance its gameplay. Limited selection of appearance makes this game a 9, unfortunately this game isn't so diverse with appearance. At least it has more then one playable character, which is a bonus. The skill tree also makes your characters more diverse, making gameplay even better. All around I give this game a 9.5, but the score bar is weird and won't let me do that. Expand
  3. Mar 23, 2014
    Really addictive shooter that has a cool story and great humor ! I laugh out loud a couple of time while playing. I recommend playing it with friends as it's the best coop experience i had in a while.
  4. Mar 20, 2014
    Borderlands 2 is The BEST GAME for PS3. If you enjoyed the first borderlands this game is an improvement in every way. More guns, diversity in landscapes, stellar music, in depth skill trees for characters, and tons and tons of side quests. This is the best game whether going alone or joining in with friends. And afterwards you have some amazing expansions to look forward to.
  5. Mar 11, 2014
    I really like Borderlands 2 and if I owned just one game for the PS3 it would be Borderlands 2, followed by Borderlands 1.

My only complaint is that playing singleplayer is quite tedious and multiplayer over the internet is quite worthless.

But sitting on the couch with a good friend splitscreening Borderlands 2 is the best experience available for the PS3.
  6. Mar 8, 2014
    When I first bought this game it was mainly to play with my friends, but in the end I ended up playing hours and hours just by myself because it was so much fun, the game literally gushes with amazing content whether it's the wide array of weapons on display or the brilliant humour portrayed by amazing voice actors. Also the first ever game I bothered to platinum.
  7. Feb 26, 2014
    This game is my all-time favorite -- between 6 characters to customize, 4 main DLC packs to play through, and all the additional DLC that is being released regularly, I have not been able to quit my devotion.
  8. Feb 9, 2014
    "Borderlands 2" takes everything that made it's predecessor great and amplifies it by ten. It's a highly polished FPS/RPG hybrid that will absorb you and your friends for many hours. With intense combat, a better and funnier story, insane boss battles, more loot, and tons of other improvements, this game is quite literally the perfect sequel. Any issue you could have had with the original has been addressed here, and whether you are playing by yourself or with your friends this game is sure to provide hours of fun. Some technical issues plague the game, occasionally enemy AI would just break and stand there ignoring everything that was going on, but these occurrences are rare. This is an insanely good and well made game that I highly recommend to any gamer regardless of whether or not they played the first. So come one vault hunters, it's time to grab your guns and get playing. This is one trip to Pandora you don't want to miss. Expand
  9. Feb 5, 2014
    Borderlands 2 is an all around fun game. The loot is infinite! Not really but you get the point. there is so much loot. over all the game has an amazing story line with 4 play through's. The mobs have amazing and very fun commentary. And it adds a hole new feel to the game with coop mode. you can trade loot and money with other people, not to mention the risks of dueling Items. over all this is a spectacular game and i cant wait for Borderlands 3. Expand
  10. Jan 30, 2014
    The most overhyped and overrated game of the past few years. Sure, it's pretty, the story is interesting and the dialogues are funny. These quirks don't hold up the game as a whole, mind you.

The early game and beginning levels are fun, challenging and coherent as a whole. As you progress further down the line, you'll notice a pattern; Anything can and will kill you in very cheap ways.
    Bullets shred through your shields as if it wasn't even there, and that is with the best shields you can get for that level. I played it with a friend, and at about L29 (out of 50) we just dropped our controllers and left BL2 for what it is - a poor excuse for a game.

My main point of criticsm comes from mob design point of view. Rather than giving mobs interesting abilities that you have to avoid or deal with, they made them insanely strong. Just for the record - AI with immaculate aim and insane damage is NOT similar to difficulty. It's similar to poor design and lack of creativity.

I did give this game a serious try and it had some serious potential but it messed up insanely hard as the levels progressed. Such a shame, it has so much potential.

All in all it's a meager 5 out of 10 at most.
  11. Jan 11, 2014
    The story is a very basic means to an end especially with all the silly distracting jokes constantly being thrown around. Gameplay-wise, the main quest is heavily padded with a ton of meaningless side-quests similiar to other open-world games like GTA. Graphics are vibrant and the art style has a pleasant cartoonish quality. Playing with friends online will net you the most fun, but once you have done it all there is little reason to play again. Expand
  12. Jan 9, 2014
    Borderlands 2 is a good game, but not great. The graphics are beautiful, the setting is memorable and the guns are insane, but there's definitely a hell of a lot missing. Firstly, there's not much to do in the world, as it is pretty much just collecting ammo, guns, health etc. It feels very linear, even though you have wide open spaces, as the story always leads you in one direction and there's nothing else much to do. I really wanted to like this game, as i'm a big fan of science fiction and FPS, but halfway into the game i'm really getting bored of following a very average storyline with no real substance. It's such a shame, as this could have been legendary. Now if someone can only combine the graphics of Borderlands with the storyline of the Fallout series. . . now THAT would be something special !!! Expand
  13. Nov 25, 2013
    OK, lets get one thing straight: There is a definite improvement from the first game...
    The guns look unique and aren't just colour variations on the last gun you used, they are designed and fell differently from manufacturer to manufacturer, there is a vastly improved plot and multiple mechanics have been greatly improved, and the customization helps you make your character feel like
    it's yours, with the DLC not just adding extra story, but more characters, which spices things up.

However, the amount of loot feels significantly limited and the difficulty can ramp up to hair pulling levels (in the later levels and level increasing DLCs) for casual gamers and those unfamiliar with the mechanics, and this game does have moments where it feels you need friends just to get past a section with the difficulty spikes. And the game feels far more linear than it's more open predecessor, and from time to time somewhat repetitive with little or no reward, like it's predecessor.

In conclusion, do not let this game fall under your radar, you can definitely get hooked to the game and the DLCs add more everything, it will definitely guarantee an enjoyable FPS experience, be it alone or with drop-in/drop-out mulitplayer, with the game even gracing those who come with pals with raid bosses and an ever greater loot fest, with returning fans will most likely enjoy this leap from the original.
  14. Nov 24, 2013
    I used to avoid Borderlands a lot because the art style bugged me. Actually playing the game changed everything and after a while, I even began to like the art style Gearbox chose. There's so much good things you can say about this game. The multiplayer is damn near unparalleled with the online co-op being one of the best that I've played thus far. There's A TON of guns. That's been a major selling point for the franchise for a long time.
    As far as gameplay goes, the combat hasn't changed a whole bunch from the first game with the same ol' "shoot 'em up" mentality in place. That's not necessarily a bad thing because the first game was really good. I just thought that was worth noting.
    One thing that was changed was the presence of the story within the game. The first game didn't have a really compelling story and at first, you may have felt it was absent all together. Borderlands 2 includes a story with a pretty impressive villain (Handsome Jack). While it's hardly "Last of Us" status, it'll keep you going.
    All in all, I loved the game. I'd highly recommend playing it. Also, don't forget to play online!!! I can't stress that enough. Playing with your friend through the campaign is a blast.
  15. Nov 1, 2013
    Borderlands was one of my favorite games of all time because it was just FUN and was entertaining. It had its own atmosphere that was original. It blended RPG and FPS elements and I found it refreshing and well implemented. Borderlands 2 continues this trend with not tinkering too much with the formula, but adding more to just about everything. The story takes awhile to complete and one of the few games I believe that's worth a $60 price tag. Even if the DLC is half as good as the first game's, there is plenty more to be had for this game. There's more story, which will either resonate in different capacities with different people. I liked the mysteriousness of the first game. I gave it a 9 instead of a 10 because this game isn't radically different and therefore the addictive quality of wanting to beat the game multiple times is not there like it was in the first game. Expand
  16. Oct 28, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is/was a fantastic sequel to surprise hit Borderlands.
    Gearbox did something alot of companies neglect to do... listen to the gamers, they spent copious time scrolling through user forums to get an idea of what the public wanted improvements on.
    The biggest things to come out of it were the Interface and the storytelling.
    Borderlands 1 had the vaguest of stories and mainly
    focused on loot and epic battle sequences and mad a note of emphasizing the multiplayer fun factor.
    Borderlands is the classic example of tweaking a winning formula to make it even better.
    The narrative is fantastic, the writers did a fantastic job creating a believable and engaging story.
    While also making references and building on stories from the first game, creating wonderful links between the two stories, this is mainly done by interactions with the non playable characters of the Original 4 Vault Hunters.
    The New 4 are basically the same, with the exception of the Assassin, who is basically all stealth.
    Gunzerker is basically a dual wielding Bezerker.
    The biggest improvements made are the skill tree's and the customisation of each character.
    The dialogue is still humerous and witty, The AI of the enemies is greatly improved and with every boss battle it feels like you are doing something challenging and that you truly are contributing to the restoration of Pandora. All in all this game ads bells and whistles to a winning formula, without depriving of the original charm, the Single Player Campaign can become a little boring because the real fun is playing two player. This game is among the greatest of this generation.
  17. Oct 12, 2013
    This game is beautiful, one of my most favorite games of all times. Looting and Shooting has never been so fun! I doubt anyone will ever do it better. The game is huge, long and fun all the way through. Plus its multiplayer up to 4 people, You can play the whole game with up to 3 friends! If your a hardcore Looting game fan this game is for you, I'm not a fan of shooters, I don't play call of duty or halo. This is my shooter of choice. Open world, great story, awesome gameplay, beautiful graphics, beast multiplayer that actually makes it more fun to play with other players. I cannot recommend this game more! Expand
  18. Oct 11, 2013
    I was initially disappointed but kept playing, then it all made sense, the level design and gameplay keeps improving and some of the details are astounding. I played as commando and used the turret skill, I don't regret it at all, this is the best game of this type I have ever played.
  19. Aug 15, 2013
  20. Aug 10, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is a really well made game. Like most gamers the wold say that the art-style is good and its really smooth gameplay. In Borderlands 2 the story is you play as 4 vault hunters a lot like the first one. Handsome Jake the main villain in the game makes you love to hate him with his funny jokes. CL4P-TR4P is in the game as well withs scooter and much more. i think it is worthy of a big 9-10 with loosing 1 for bugs and half of the time getting lost. thats all for now hope you liked this reviews give it a like pleas and ill see you next time Expand
  21. Aug 3, 2013
    well gearbox has crated this title which once was my favorite company could they regain there reputation nope. just another money grabbing game why this game is rated so high is beyond me absolute money grabbers wont be buying another Gearbox game again.
  22. Jul 23, 2013
    Beautiful, hilarious, immersive and compelling. These are just some of the adjectives you could use to describe the loot-hunting FPS that is Borderlands 2. Whether you're a fan of comic books, shooters or finding goodies across a gorgeous map you will find something to love about B2. As you take on a variety of originally designed enemies with originally designed weapons you will come to the conclusion that this game is satisfying. It feels good to see the art of your bullets hitting the strange bodies opposing you. It would be impossible to talk about borderlands without talking about the brilliant writing that will humour you throughout your gameplay, at the forefront of which lies the games antagonist, Handsome Jack. At one point Handsome Jack offers to name his diamond pony (yes, diamond pony) "Piss-For-Brains" in honour of you but opts for a more polite, "Butt Stallion." Whilst the gameplay is fun and the writing is entertaining an amazing game wouldn't be amazing without a compelling story, which Borderlands 2 definitely has. A mystery you're thrown into straight from the beginning which the guardian angel only you can here guides you through. Shoot, loot, upgrade and play your way through one of the greatest RPG-FPS's of this generation and perhaps of all time. Expand
  23. Jun 24, 2013
    Definitely an addictive game. Part FPS action and part RPG, the 'Borderlands' series helped reshape
    how I think about my gaming, as it probably has for many others. From the opening sequence (before the gameplay started!), I loved everything about this game, including the action-oriented gaming, character customization, cell-shaded animation, music, pop culture references, voiceover
    acting, and so much more. Unlike any other gaming experience, and I have played most of the biggest RPGs of the past twenty years. It has one factor that most other games lack, it doesn't get old. It is the most replayable game I have ever played, and with good RPGs, I play them until I finish them (a few times). I've played this game from start to a finish a few dozen times, and with the DLCs and the co-op gameplay, it just doesn't get old. If every future gamemaker studied the heck out of 'Borderlands 2,' and brought similar genre-bending improvements to their respective efforts, I don't see how that could be ill-received by mainstream gamers. Expand
  24. Jun 21, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is, at its core, AWESOME!
    I don't especially mean that in a way that it is a game of great quality or general excellence (which it is) but what I mean my awesome and what makes it such and pleasure to play is the attitude of dark humorous fun. Everything from the art style to the hilarious characters just screams crazy. Its no master class on how to make a complex powerful
    fps or rpg but it take the aspects that people have the most enjoyment from both and puts a spin their own spin on it and in the end it makes for not just a fantastic game but one of the best examples of either an fps or an rpg that I can think of. Expand
  25. Jun 4, 2013
    I call it "Boringlands". The first one was something new with it's candy looks and shooter RPG mix, but this? This should be one big DLC. Graphics are the same. Locations looks the same. Enemies looks the same. Weapons looks the same, etc. Storyline? What storyline? The worst thing about this game are it's quests made with copy+paste routine. Take this, go there, collect 5 of these, give 10 of those, go back and turn in the quest. Expand
  26. May 31, 2013
    I really like RPG games like this, the game is awesome fun! That's until after you finish the game's campaign of course. After I finished the game (without co-op) I tried to find other games, unfortunately I found no one available, so I basically had nothing to do. Plus, I'm not looking forward to Borderlands 3, mainly 'cause I hate GB now, and the fact the game gets boring for a while, even with friends. But I (might) consider buying/renting the sequel to this game. Not like I'm going to keep it. Expand
  27. May 19, 2013
    Positives: SOOOOO much variation in weapons, loot, mission quests, excellent dialogue with a good number of one-liners (or several..), simple jump-in/jump-out online play, with friends or worldwide connection, making it even more entertaining to play. A number of different classes also, with so much replayability, and the fact that you can create more than one character at a time is a big bonus for a game of this stature. Huge, open, semi-free roam world, some awesome rather tidy graphics, and very amusing in-game NPCs for more of the fun-factor.

Negatives: When playing with friends, loot drops aren't shared and only one player can pick up the loot-drops from enemies. Also, some people like him, some people don't, but ClapTrap (the robot) constantly talks rubbish and he does my nut in! Very annoying to listen to and unfortunately he can't be killed.

9/10 for a brilliant game with lots of different things to do, lots of equipment to use, and a joyful playing experience with the dialogue and the characters on show.
  28. May 13, 2013
    Borderlands 2 fixed, improved and added new stuff in a way that it makes it way better than the 1st Borderlands.

Lots of quest and things to do, levels to reach, weapons and character skins to get. This game will keep you occupied. The downside are its very same quests which can feel like a chore and a pain in the ass, some of them are boring and others are repetitive.

So far, just
    one of the three DLC's its worth it; Tourge Campaign, the other two are boring and uninteresting as h.ell. Expand
  29. May 7, 2013
    "Borderlands 2 is a really fun game to play with friends but isn't as different from Borderlands 1." I don't mean that in a bad thing but if you dislike the first Borderlands, Borderlands 2 maybe a turn off after the first half of the game.

Borderlands 2 is an action/shooter WRPG and a shoot and loot type game. You got 4 character classes, one other character class as DLC. I thought the
    4 playerable character were a bit of a disappointment as I thought there could of been more characters classes in 2 then from the first game. Sure you got the one extra character, the Mechromancer but i don't see the value in paying more. There're multiple and randomly generated guns each with there own type of weapon and stats to fit anyone's play style. When your base level progresses, you can upgrade a skill level that gives small bonuses to your character class. Pretty much, The Borderlands series is more like Diablo 2 but with guns which is a great idea for a concept if executed well. I can understand being a console game but it would been nice to have control of player stats then having stats done for you.

The major improvements to Borderlands 2 is its presentation. The game is much more funnier. Characters are interesting giving them voiced dialog, there're are bunch of references from the late 80s and modern times. The villain, Handsome Jack is everywhere and controls most Pandora, the current plant that series takes place one. You play as one of the Vault Hunters to open the other secret Vault and put a stop to Handsome Jack's evil deeds by joining the resistances against him. You'll see meet characters from the first game specially the previous Vault Hunts that will fight with you. The presentation to Borderlands 2 is greatly improved as well as the quest that I found tedious and annoying from the first game.

The only newest feature when it comes too gameplay is the new element called Slag. Once Slag is placed on the enemy, any normal weapon will do 3 times amount of damage and much more with stat bonuses and critic hits. Other then that, its still the same game as the first one with slightly great improvements to the presentation.
  30. May 5, 2013
    Fast, dynamic, and challenging. Borderlands 2 is everything a video game should be. It never takes itself too seriously like other games I could name. The story is built around the gameplay but does this much better than its predecessor. It is worth playing and replaying and replaying again. It's like if Diablo 3 and Kill Bill had a baby, and then that baby had a love affair with South Park. Shoot things, get loot, keep playing to keep hearing the hilarious dialogue. This game is the bee's knees. Expand
  31. May 3, 2013
    Perfect in almost every way, shape, and form, Borderlands 2 easily kicks the ass of most traditional FPS games (save Bioshock and Half-Life 2,) and delivers an amazing ride the whole time.

Combat is a fast-paced mix of run and gun mixed with using your characters unique action skill. Admittedly, some characters have the edge over others (Axton and Gaige have a better chance in a
    firefight than Maya,) but this can be explained due to the fact that these characters can be used in support roles.

In terms of story, Borderlands 2 delivers much more than its previous entry. Handsome Jack and all the characters you meet may be some of the funniest and most clever characters I've met in a game. With personalities varied from the crazy yet adorable Tiny Tina, to the just plain crazy yet somehow sane Dr. Zed, you will have an absolute blast seeing these characters in action. I am really, truly glad that Borderlands 2 ditches for the most part, the "never see anyone except the bulletin and Claptrap" method of thinking for a more personal experience with the people you go on missions for.

Guns are the main part of the game, and they are much improved in terms of looks over Borderlands 1. Each manufacturer has a different style, and you can instantly tell who a gun is made by just by looking at it. This flare of style makes finding the guns much more satisfying.

With good fun, good story, and good guns, Borderlands 2 is one of the rare few games that can almost do no wrong. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the psycho-fueled fun!
  32. May 3, 2013
    Borderlands 2 war für mich eins der besten spiele des Jahres 2012 ich verstehe nicht wie manche es scheiße finden. Die Spielewelt ist riesig man kann hunderte von Waffen sammeln, kaufen, verkaufen.
    Mit Freunden zusammen spielen usw.. Die Spielewelt umfasst ca. 60 Stunden was recht ordentlich ist.
    Die Mischung auf Shooter und RPG baut super aufeinander auf und wird miteinander verknüpft
    :))
    Das Spiel ist einfach nur geil
  33. Apr 28, 2013
    Upon playing multiplayer with my brother-in-law, and i loved the unique visuals and feel of the game. At first I thought this game was going to be just another first person shooter, but I had a lot of fun. I just wish the turning was a bit slower or more controlled, because I found myself turning all the way around when I don't want to. But its fun.
  34. Apr 27, 2013
    Perfect in every way. I loved all of the memerable characters like Sir Hammerlock, Tiny Tina and Clap-Trap (CL4-TP). The music was fantastic as I usually hate dup step but Gear Box made it awesome! The dialogue was funny and clever as I never got tired of the phsycos shouting, "I'm going to eat your babies!" The guns all looked amazing and haing a random gun generator IN the game was a great idea. Every gun is colour coded on its rariety and it helped me a lot. Also guns aren't always better because of damage as accuarcy and fire rate was always something important to me. Plus onece you finish the game ou can continue from your current level and keep your guns and restart and go through a much harder game. This idea was probably took from Batman: Arkham City with its game story plus. So overall it's got great cell shaded graphics, epic guns, fantastic story and characters and DUPSTEP! Expand
  35. Apr 27, 2013
    Best game of 2012. One of the best rpg shooters ever made. The dlc's they put out is simply amazing. Voice acting is great, characters are outstanding, and there is literally a bazillion of different guns.
  36. Apr 25, 2013
    Wow this game is the only other game that I have played through twice. This game is amazing. Don't listen to the idiotic reviewers that only play games for graphics steer you off the games path. This game has its own art style and I respect and love it, it matches the games theme.
  37. Apr 25, 2013
    What can i say that i'm sure hasn't already been said about this amazing game? BL 2 takes everything that we loved about the first title and amplifies it ten fold. More guns...more quests...more interesting and unique characters and npc's(Tiny Tina being my favorite) and a MUCH MUCH more interesting villain. Handsome Jack is equal parts charming and evil. The dialogue is almost perfectly written and the new character classes are overall more powerful versions of the ones found in the first game(totally digging on the Mechromancer). The graphics have that same cell shaded light cartoony feel that remains a pure delight to behold. A few complaints i do have are that the more "rare" orange level weapons seem a little hard to attain(even by this game's standards) and that when you do grab a few, seem woefully under-powered once you reach your 2nd and 3rd playthroughs. However, that really is small potatoes compared to the grander scheme of things. This is an amazing game that needs to be experienced by fans of any type of shooter. With a very deep and immersible character level progression and some of the best dlc add on's around... this one is certainly a no brainer Expand
  38. Apr 17, 2013
    Am I the only one who does not like this game? I find the gameplay opaque and jumpy and I keep running into bugs where I get stuck, have to reload, and end up back at the beginning. Redoing large sections is not fun. The cut scenes are sort of fun, but the game itself is repetitive, and not in a good way. I've left this one be for weeks, come back to it because the reviews are so good that I wonder what I missed, then dropped it again. Dull... I might be able to deal with it without the bugs. Expand
  39. Apr 15, 2013
    I'll give this game a 6 for three reasons...awesome looting/diverse weapon designs, fun characters (handsome jack is a pretty great villain) and its got a pretty gorgeous world. Now I'm not a jagged gamer by any means but i cannot ignore the awfulness of the AI in this game. it isn't just terrible, it's completely broken all together. You can shoot someone twice and they'll usually come after you but sometimes they'll just stop attacking and go to normal patrol mode like nothing happened. WTF is that? How does that happen? I mean really that is a huge flaw...and what I dont get is that this wasn't really an issue with BL1 so how does it exist in this one? I really wish this didn't happen because it makes me want to take the disk out and play something else whenever the damn enemy just ignores the fact that he just got shot three seconds ago and go back to walking around like a moron. there should be a caution level in this game like in the elder scrolls or fallout. when you engage the enemy and then disappear from sight there should be a few minute caution level where everyone runs around trying to find the guy, but instead they just go back to what they were doing...just awful awful awful game combat design. real shame too cause the rest of the game is perfect. Expand
  40. Apr 8, 2013
    One of the best, if not THE best game of this generation. As soon as I started playing this game I was in love, the beautiful comic atmosphere, the humor that claptrap introduced, and just the way everything comes together. I've finished this game three times since the most recent update just started on Ultimate Vault Hunter. The blend of FPS and RPG really is amazing and this game is so beautifully put together. Expand
  41. Apr 1, 2013
    This game scores 999 out of 1000. I was trying and trying to think of something wrong with the game. Perfect pacing check. Huge world check. Wide room for imagination check. Hilarious check. Then it came to me the title. Borderlands 2? That is the best they could do? How about Beyond Borderlands, The Son, Grandson and Great Nephew of Borderlands or Borderlands Too? That is it, that is the only demerit. Expand
  42. Mar 30, 2013
    Borderlands 2 follows the story of 4 new vault hunters looking for the key to the vault. Our 4 previous protagonists make a return in this game with a surprise for each of them installed. An amazing attribute to one of the greatest game series in history. A deadly art style that deserves the word 'deadly'! What, CoD has 50 or so weapons, oh, that's cool. Borderlands 2 has like a bazillion, all with there own cool twists. Much greater gun designs than the first with more extravagant bosses. Great set of characters to meet and a load of jokes to keep you smiling. A fantastic, funny, extreme, explosive action-tearing game. Expand
  43. Mar 26, 2013
    well, I‘m a FPS games fun,well,at first time i see bother lands,it makes me fell happy,the gun,the character,i have to say,it"s one of the best FPS game i"ve ever play,i used play halo,cod,but this time,bother lands gives me great pleasure,thank you take two! you genius always give me surprise,waiting for your new bio shock!
  44. Mar 19, 2013
    I give Borderlands 2 a 9/10 because it's fun, graphically nice, tons of sidequests, tons of loot(weapons,shield & character specific items) & the fact that Gearbox keeps the DLC. coming is a huge plus. Recently a new vault hunter was announced & an increased level cap beyond 50. The reason I believe that players think the game can be repetitive is because if you do not have all of the doc you will need to repeat some missions with a 2nd playthrough in order to work towards level 50; I have 3 DLC mission packs and before completing my first playthrough I had gained a level 36, the second time around you can choose a new mode called true vault hunter mode where you get tougher enemies & better loot; few enemies have new variations but it keeps you on your toes. The game is beat experienced with 4 friends, if you're a loner or are stuck with RANDOMS who hog all the loot then you're going to have a really bad experience and possibly a hard time finishing the game.
    This game was meant to be played with friends and it has tons to offer if you're willing to do even the boring side quests. Like any game which relies on main and side quests, you have to really dive into them to enjoy the game and get a better understanding of what is actually going on in that world. Very few console titles in this genre can do what Borderlands 2 does so kudos to the developers for keeping up the good work and still supporting it's community with new DLC.
  45. Feb 23, 2013
    This game is fun as hell. No matter if solo or coop i really enjoy this game when i play it with all the stuff, you can do in this game. The Cel Shading Look of this game really has style and the humour is great.
  46. Feb 20, 2013
    Everything I look for in a video game. Borderlands 2 features a unique world and a fantastic online community. The loot system in Borderlands 2 is flawless. This game was well thought out and user feedback is taken into consideration. This game is a must buy!
  47. Feb 19, 2013
    One of the best co op shooters ever. This game improves on the first in every way. There's more great humor...more claptrap....more narrative, more style, more chaos. It's great to finally see a game company finally bring great co op action back.
  48. Feb 18, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is a fun game to play in co-op with friends. The game's combat is tight and responsive and genuine strategy is often required to make it through alive. Borderlands 2 also has some funny writing, eliciting chuckles from time to time. That said, the title does suffer from some serious faults. The most prominent one is the fact that the game is woefully repetitive. As good as the combat is, it's hard to maintain interest when you have to fight almost exactly the same fight for hours on end. The world that Borderlands 2 presents is also nowhere near as interesting as some of it's major contemporaries such as Skyrim. Add to that a lackluster plot and it's hard to find motivation to keep playing apart from having shallow, time consuming fun with your friends. The loot aspect also gets old quickly. The 'thousands of guns' thing starts to look less impressive as you find near identical replica after near identical replica clogging up the frequent chests. The last monumental fault is that the game is INSANELY boring if you play it in single player. Don't even try that! Borderlands 2 is a very average title, yet it's ultimately saved from the scrap-pile and bumped up the scorechart by that most wonderful of elements; good friends! Expand
  49. Feb 13, 2013
    Absolutely amazing game...... especially if you have a co-op buddy to play with. Make sure you have great communication though. I played in the same apartment with my girlfriend (rooms right next to each other), so we had great communication. OR you can play split screen with a friend. I never played this game by myself, so I can't give that point of view. Borderlands has always been a Unique FPS (nothing generic about it). If you love to loot stuff (finding rare weapons and things like that) than this game is definitely for you. Plenty of lasting appeal in this game. Whenever I played this game, it was always online and I have NEVER (no exaggeration) run into any glitches or lag. The missions feel great too, they don't have that feeling where you feel like you're doing the same basic mission over and over again.
    I think people who hate this game are Call of Duty TYPE players who aren't used to the RPG mechanics of leveling up, looting weapons, mods, relics, spending skill points, etc....) All they want is a straight forward game that doesn't confuse them (not that Borderlands 2 RPG elements are confusing, I just think CoD players aren't used to it). If you love leveling up characters and unlocking new abilities, buy this game.
  50. Feb 1, 2013
    I really enjoyed the 1st borderlands but this one just seems annoying. It's rare when enemies drop ammo or money and when they do it's usually a small amount. I literally had to knife people to survive in this game. I played for two hours hoping that it would change but it didn't. Overrated.
  51. Jan 30, 2013
    I like Borderlands 2. It is fun, with an open world that is pretty damn good, and some really likable characters (Scooter comes to mind) and humorous writing (Bonerfarts!). But I didn't find its gameplay fun. Not after the first 5 hours or so of gunplay. I mean, in the mind numbingly linear tutorial, they pretty much told you everything about the game that is fun. So after you finally get out of the control-freak of a tutorial and into the Sanctuary, gameplay is already starting to feel repetitive. There are still some interesting things though, like going to new environments and fighting some minibosses. But the main part of the game feels boring. I mean, there's only so many times you can kill a midget until it get boring. Looting is also pretty boring. Most of the stuff you get after leveling up is worse than your own, and inventory limitations means that you can't just take them all. Still, you still try to loot them all in hopes of finding Eridium, making loot a chore rather than a joy.
    In conclusion, Borderlands 2 is fun while the intrigue and novelty held, but that decreases like an exponential function reflected along the y-axis. (Google it for those who no longer remembers high school math). Then again, it's just me.
  52. Jan 28, 2013
    It has everything that a shooter game should have, combined with RPG elements and one of the best campaigns ever! It also come with an exceptional voice acting and its characters are awesome i mean that except from Joker there is no other villain that can be compared to handsome Jack and Claptrap is one of the funniest characters ever! To sum up this game is a must for every ps3 gamer!
  53. Jan 28, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is no bad game by any stretch its cel shaded graphics are smoother, more crisp and sharper than the original although cel shaded graphics are not to everybody's liking. I understand what people are saying about the loot and quests being long and arduous and not worthwhile, the loot complaints are quite petty to say hte least, I'd be more concerned with the AI who in the 1st installment were quite ruthless but fair while in this its almost non-existent you can practically walk up to an enemy and look them in the eye before they take any action and then worse still after a short firefight the others will stop shooting and walk on?! The only time the AI seem to be on the ball is in boss fights, although the melee psycho's seem to work well cowering after taking a melee hit or two but otherwise unfinished is probably right in terms of the AI. One of the more irritating things is the inability to get out of the water if you fall in, amazingly enough your moon jumping from the first one has been toned down a slight bit but still big leaps are possible but if you land in the water you somehow can't get out which is quite hard to believe and frustratingly stupid as all you can do is respawn Expand
  54. Jan 19, 2013
    ADDICTIVE as the first one, this sequel deserves and even NEEDS to be played by anyone who likes a shooter and action games, think about it as a blend of GUN pornography meets outrageous and CRAZY characters with HILARIOUS writing, extreme REPLAYABILITY, awesome CO-OP, some serious stats and skill trees to consider it RPG and even tactical elements all wrapped up with COOL art style and graphics, believe me, YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE IT! Expand
  55. Jan 17, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is a very interesting RPG. The guns had a major step up improvement, which pushed me to farm the same boss for hours, just to get the coolest guns imaginable. Borderlands 2 lived up to my expectations. If you are looking for a good RPG, and you love Call of Duty, then Borderlands 2 is the game for you.
  56. Jan 16, 2013
    I know that I'm probably going to cause a lot crap on here, but I wasn't that impressed with Borderlands 2. I have played the original, and wasn't that impressed with it either. But after reading up on this game, and seeing new stuff I thought I would give it a try. Now its by no means a bad game, but I just found it to be average not that special. I don't know if its because im over saturated on first person shooters or what, but I played it for a while and eventually traded it in. The graphics were colorful, the humor was great, but online play for me was rocky. I kept getting kicked off, and the massive update that I had to install took better part of three hours to download before I could even get online. Also I think the balance is off when it comes to the enemies. I was level 7, fighting level 5 enemies and they were proving to be difficult,(and at one time actually killed me) now I'm two levels ahead but can't seem to drop them. However I fought a boss that was higher than me and held my own eventually beating him. Overall if Gearbox would fix the balance issues, the laggy online play, and maybe spice the gameplay the next Borderlands could be a awesome game. But as it stands right now, I won't be going back anytime soon.. Expand
  57. Jan 15, 2013
    You'll love this game for the first few days but after that it gets very boring. The side missions are very repetitive, they consist mainly of "get this for me" or "go kill this guy" and it's what makes it boring. The game does have a great sense of humor though. Some may like it, some may not, but just try it and see for yourself.
  58. Jan 14, 2013
    After finishing Borderlands 2 - platinum trophy and everything - I have to say that it is my game of the year hands down. I will try to put my praise and criticism in an orderly fashion. First off: this is a game that unfolds most of its potential, when played in multiplayer mode. As with a lot of games that are designed for online play it is a very gratifying experience to play within a group of capable players. The skilltrees for all classes are more centered and really influence the way you play without being too restricting, in my opinion. The returning classes of Siren and Commando are more strongly focused on their respective action skills. The new classes of Gunzerker and Assassin seem more complicated at first but are actually quite accessable. In any case you can reset your skillpoints if you feel like it.
    What I really liked about the game is that it takes most of what made Borderlands 1 did well and improves on that. The mentioned focus on multiplayer gaming has been improved; I found it easier to find a game I could join and if a friend is online you can easily join their game without them having to leave their session and send complicated invites. One of the more annoying bits occured when I hosted a game with random players. They all were capable players and it was a fun game but when one of them turned in a quest for me I did not get the reward item. I do not know if this bug has been fixed.
    In general there is a lot of reasons why one would replay the game once the final boss has been deposed of. There is at least one quest you will not have done by then and a second harder and more satisfying - as far as xp and weapons are concerned - play-mode becomes available. In this mode you tend to die more easily when playing alone, which can be bothersome (although the fight for your life phase has been improved: now you are able to move, although slowly). One of the features that have you playing on and on is the random dropping of equipment, you can always improve on your stuff. Also there are challenges that have you coming back.
    In general Borderlands 2 is a great game for those who liked the first part - there is a ton of insider-jokes for those - and those who like a shooter with some very basic rpg-elements. If you did not like the first Borderlands you most likely won't like part 2, although you might want to give it a try. I found it brilliant and fun.
  59. Jan 13, 2013
    As much as I am trying to enjoy the game, it just seems too weak. The game itself has parts where it just is not challenging at all. I lingered on getting the game, but eventually decided I was going to buy it and try it out, it came to my attention as soon as I got to about Chapter 2 of the game, I lost interest when I noticed it just was not challenging. I would not recommend this game to people lingering on it, only if you're a big Borderlands fan. I played the first one, but this one just seems a little shaky on points. Expand
  60. Jan 12, 2013
    Its Borderlands, not different from the first one much, though the weapons are a little more diverse and the plot gets going quicker which is good being the first one was a little too spaced between the fun moments. The problem I have with the game is that you see a camp of baddies, you shoot one and they all go nuts, you kill them, you move forward and more baddies spawn, repeat a thousand times more add some boss battles and you got the whole game. But its still enjoyable, just as Skyrim was good for at least 50 hours before you realized that you are just stuck in a loop, and by then you got your moneys worth unlike most games released. Expand
  61. Jan 6, 2013
    Diablo in FPS form. But 2K doesn't develop free DLC for this game and i have no idea why (money obviously, but for Borderlands 1 they were free DLCs).
  62. Jan 2, 2013
    This is probably one of the better loot grabbing RPG's I have ever played. The graphics are nicely done, but are not for everyone. The game play is great with PLENTY of customization! This game is EASILY worth your money!
  63. Jan 1, 2013
    I can stand the positive critic this game recieves from non-hardcore players. This game will dissapoint hardcore Borderlands players like me. Let's start of with the positive stuff: the game has gotten a nice graphical upgrade, the shooting feels more satisfying, and has a better storie (mostly), you've heart about this enough in other review. Let's get to the bad; the original charmed me with it's non-linearity, the nice atmosphere, the replayability and the unending variating loot. Everything has been downgraded in the sequel. -Non-linearity: Let's say, the story is pretty much forced trough your throat, especially at the beginning.
    -Atmosphere: There is a lot more variation in the environment, it's never mindblowing, like the original with it's wide landscapes.
    -Loot: Let just say, from the technical side, it has been downgraded a lot. The differencation between the manufacturers is nice but it gets really gimmicky also, the differencation within a manufacturer has pretty much dissapeared. For example: It's almost like there's only one Tedoire SMG, of course there are small extras like elemental modifiders, etc. but that's it.
    -Replayability: The SP gets pretty annoying after a playtrough or 2 and there's no neverending loot variation anymore.
    That's it, I know this review is pretty much useless because the hardcore BL1 players where this was ment for, have bought this game for sure :|
  64. Dec 30, 2012
    I do not review a game before completing it. I just finished as a necromancer and it was great. I usually prefer more open worlds like Skyrim for Fallout3 but this was close. The mission areas were more open than any COD game I have played. The weapons were neat and the missions were more than the fetch type you get in Oblivion. I just kept getting this stale feeling while playing this game. I was doing the same shooting tactics with levitating enemies and throwing grenades. This game would of benefited greatly with more magic like in Bioshock and it would of easily jumped it up a few number grades for me. Worth picking up but not at full price. The 25 dollar black friday sales I saw were perfect. Oh also the story and humor... Never played first Borderlands. Claptrap was annoying. Jack was funny at first but got a little bit old after a while. The plot got extremely interesting once you started working with Roland. It just had so many side missions that did not develop the plot and those were mostly completely devoid of the humor found in the main quests. Also I will try to describe this without spoilers. The end of the plot builds you up and then leaves you dropped off like the last Tron movie in 2010. Expand
  65. Dec 28, 2012
    After playing this game for a couple weeks, i can write an honest review now that im maxed level, and i have to say this is a fantastic game that any RPG/FPS fan will love. If you're a fan of the first one, consider this a must buy

Pro's- Amazing world to explore, loot everywhere, cool legendary weapons to collect, fun endgame raid bosses every gun feels different, you can play for
    100 hours and never get the same exact gun twice, the game is HILARIOUS and full of references to pop culture, the story is vastly improved over the first, to the point where i wanted to focus purely on the main story to see the ending.

Con's- Issues with maps, i found some of the quests nearly impossible to get too, the map was confusing to read at some points and would result in me searching for hours on how to get to something that according to the map was infront of me, sometimes you will get unlucky and get too many tough enemies that you have to fight at once and it will be impossible to kill them in one life by yourself, so you will find yourself charging in suiciding killing 1 then running back over and over, this is highly annoying but not intolerable.

Overall a great game with minor problems but still a must own.
  66. Dec 23, 2012
    Borderlands was an amazing game, and somehow the 2nd is even better. Every aspect of the original is improved, and there are many small additions. The four completely new classes are more diverse than the first game's. All of the Guns have have more personality than the ones in borderlands. After playing through the second one for the third time I went back to the original and the difference between the two is huge. The art style is even more borderlands, the enemies are more diverse and difficult, and the side quests aren't just filler. The only problem is that you can never carry enough guns. Why is it that a vault can only hold 20, but i can carry 27? Unless Gearbox fixes this issue you might have to create a character whose sole purpose is to store gear. This is a quite lengthy game which has at least 60 hours of gameplay in one playthrough, if you do every single quest. Then a second playthrough throws the same thing at you with harder enemies. It took me about 55 hours to get my first character to the level cap. And don't forget about the all of the dlc areas, quests, and the mechronamcer pack. Gearbox has also said it will release more characters in the future. This is one of the best games this generation, and one of my favorites. Expand
  67. Dec 16, 2012
    The graphics and gameplay are solid, the co-op system extends the already high replayability of the game (One might say it's the main feature) and the game itself is very enjoyable. One of the best releases of 2012. However I strongly recommend having friends, and if you want a deep story look elsewhere because the focus of Borderlands 2 is gameplay.
  68. Dec 15, 2012
    This game gave me something the first lacked : storyline. This game is great if you played the first and wanted plot this is the game for you, a drastic improvement over the first. Enjoyable multiplayer and second playthrough is actually really challenging.
  69. Dec 14, 2012
    When I first tried playing borderlands 1 I didn't like it very much. But then my friend told me that borderlands 2 is refined installment that I definitely have to try. And I have to say it was worth it. You will get lost in time looting billions of chests and finding nice loot. You will also shoot guys...endlessly. And the best part is that it never really gets boring. Enemies are fun to kill and you have a lots of ways to kill them. It doesn't feel like shooter for stupid people. If your enemies are the same level as you it will be challenging. You will have to take cover and if you won't you will find yourself in second wind praying that you will survive. Borderlands is also heavily based on co-op which is big part of game. It is more fun be prepared that if you don't play with your friends your teammates can be very annoying sometimes and you will find yourself switching from game to game. If you like fancy weapons, funny dialogues, bloody limbs, and goofy robots this game is FOR YOU. Expand
  70. Dec 12, 2012
    You won't regret buying this game. GOTY IMO
  71. Dec 9, 2012
    I am having a love / hate relationship with Borderlands 2. On one hand, I'm enjoying it enough to continue playing it after three weeks already, and I'm only about half way through, but on the other hand, all too often I'm finding that playing it is more of a chore than it is fun. Yes, it's great that there are so many varieties of weapons and shields but, well, there are so many that it's a bit mind boggling to sift through it all. Mostly I just pick up everything I find and then sell most of it all off at the next ammo dump. And the mission are so long, so very very long, that it takes upwards of three to five hours just to get from point A to point B in a side mission, that is if you want to waste the enemies instead of just trying to charge your way through them. When you finally complete the quest, it doesn't feel rewarding, instead it's just a relief that the mission is finally over. There are other nuisances such as picking up items that will change the look of your automobile that hog your backpack space when who cares what your stupid automobile looks like; that's such a minor part of the game anyway. No matter what others say, don't believe them otherwise: this is a really hard game to get through solo. If you're not playing with friends online, you will repeatedly find yourself outnumbered in frantic episodes of insanity during which you don't even know what's shooting at you and you will die again and again, and each time you die it's going to cost you some of that loot that you spent hours picking up. With all of this combined I found myself all too often just wishing the mission I was on was over already so I could get on to something else, and the problem is you can't skip the side missions, that's impossible, if you do you won't be leveled up enough to play the main storyline. Yet, on the other hand, with all of this frustration going against it, I'm still coming back to it and playing it because it at least has it's good moments, unlike Dead Island, and the visuals along with the humor is just enough to keep things going by a hair. Expand
  72. Dec 3, 2012
    This games is great. Some people have said that it is unrealistic. But I think that is part of the reason why this game is so much fun. The game looks great. I haven't ran across any glitches.
  73. Dec 2, 2012
    Borderlands 2 is everything right with the FPS genre. Everything from the first game was either dramatically improved or slightly improved. Either way, the series is getting way better. The characters, enemies, weapons, shields, etc, still top notch. In many ways Borderlands 2 is the anti COD and MOH. The game has a great sense of humor and a drastically improved story. If you enjoyed the first, go out and get the second. Also, get the season pass for all of the DLC. I know only two of the four planned have come out, but both are really good and add about another 14-20 hours of play. Expand
  74. Dec 1, 2012
    Great game when it works, but what's the point when the game is so riddled with glitches, the game is unplayable? Unless you like to waste your time building characters only to have your hard work deleted, avoid this game. Gearbox Software is a joke. They have no idea how to fix the glitch and when you visit their forums, they greet you with a particularly offensive brand of Programmer's Superiority Complex. What do they care? They have our money. They shouldn't get yours. They won't get mine again. Expand
  75. Nov 28, 2012
    I loved the first borderlands and sunk many hours in to it. i didn't get this one till they had a black friday sale on it for $25 because i just didn't have the time to play it and my friends who i would be playing this with online said they just didn't care for it much. so i didn't feel rushed to get it day one even though i really did want to play it. well since my friends arn't playing this i have to play it solo since i refuse to play with people i don't know online. nothing ruins my game experiance more then playing with A-Holes . it wasn't a huge deal to me since i enjoyed playing the first in both co-op and solo mode. Let me say that with in the first few hours some thing about the game just didn't feel right and i still can't put my finger on it exactly but i had a hard time getting in to it. I just kept feeling like going to play some thing els but i kept telling myself its going to get better when i start getting thoose sick guns. Even though the story this time around is much improved from the first one ... which the first ones story kinda sucked. i found myself with in 6 hours in to the game dieng... ALOT! and it pretty much happens around the boss fights. they have made this game so rediculasly hard to play solo its beyond stupid. It makes you wonder what the develpers where even thinking. the first one had such a perfect balance of when you went from solo to co-op it felt just perfect. Borderlands 2 still feels like a good game but just doesn't feel like the great game the first one was even if the single player issue wasn't so nightmarish. i would bump the score up to a 8 if they ever do patch it to fix that issue. for now i just want to quik finish it toss it on the shelf and there it will most likely sit . i have no intrest in the DLC. Expand
  76. Nov 21, 2012
    Didnt like this game. Everything seemed good, but the story was all over the place and a game needs a decent story, you never connect with any characters and its just a crazy shooter which didnt impress me. I didnt hate the game but didnt complete it and got bored quickly.
  77. Nov 19, 2012
    The BEST MMO type of game on consoles to date!! This game should be in the running for game of the year!! Lets get to it!!

GRAPHICS = 9 Yes there still Cell Shaded. That said they are gorgeous! They are a step up from the original and there are a lot of new things and additions to the style they have developed that make your eyeballs want to pop out of your head! There
    are a few hiccups and graphical glitches here and there that could have been polished out but over all the game is beautiful!!

GAMEPLAY = 10 The time you spend with your friends helping them out, leveling them up, finishing quests, trading weapons, and generally just having fun seems endless! The world Pandora seems alive and well, even if it is out to kill you every second your in it! The characters are very stylized and all are full of life as you would expect from the developers that gave life to claptrap! There are lots of creatures and baddies to kill of all different kinds and finding the right weapon for the job is half the fun. The boss fights are basically all about finding the soft spot and hitting it till the boss dies but its still fun and a good challenge. There are a butt load of weapons! They all act differently according to the manufacturer and the type of stats they have. The levels seem a little more linear than they did in the first game, this is something I personally loved and felt that it kept the game fast and furious instead of wandering around aimless in the same droll looking desert the whole game. Music/Sound EFX = 8 They went with the Dubstep sound track on this one... that said ..its a bit weak for Dubstep. For the most part the sound EFX are the same as the original game and don't really change much. So personally there's nothing really thought provoking or groundbreaking here. The only thing that really redeems the soundtrack is the voice acting! If it weren't for the great voice acting and character style this game would be an audio mess!! That said the characters are full of life and humor most of the time!

CONTROLS = 9 The Controls are the same as the first game. Nothing has changed but they still feel natural and don't get in the way of the fun of the game! I guess it would be nice to have a little more customization to the controls but I really didn't find my self having problems with the defaults.

REPLAY = 10 Lots of re-playability with 5 classes and 1 expansion already out, it seems like there will be plenty
    of content to come. This game should be in every ones rotation for a long time to come! OVER ALL! = 9 This is a Must have game for anyone who owns a gaming platform!!
  78. 4DI
    Nov 18, 2012
    Borderlands 2 will give you a lasting appeal that is equivalent to 10 modern games, and it's not just because of the huge amount of missions. It's everything else that will bring you back again, and again.
  79. Nov 16, 2012
    Borderlands 2 is an amazing loot and shoot game. The multiplayer is outstanding and it never gets old. The characters are better than ever and now have much more personality then in borderlands 1. I was not a fan of borderlands 1 and i was hesitant to pick up borderlands 2 but now i am very happy that i did and it will provide much fun for many many hours to come.
  80. Nov 16, 2012
    Great Game! Im not the biggest Shooter fan but this one really kept me going with its really funny and deep storyline. I recommend it to everyone, whether your a shooter fan or not.
  81. Nov 13, 2012
    Beautiful game, my source of fun during these useless fall months besides running. There is witty and colorful gameplay, and it is such a nice feeling when you find that awesome gun. The characters and NPCs are amazing as well.
  82. Nov 13, 2012
    Borderlands 2 isn't only fun, it's addicting. The story mode can easily take up to 60 hours. The gun system is great, the characters are great, and the story is great. Now take all that greatness and multiply it by 7. That's how good it is doing co-op. Must buy!
  83. Nov 13, 2012
    Terrible awful game designed for 3 year olds. Avoid like the plague just awful awful awful awful cr@p!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  84. Nov 13, 2012
    One of the best games of this generation. Very addicting gameplay, great amount weapons and skills. You cant get bored with the huge amount of content that this games has and you can invest much over 100 hours in this game.
    Coop is a blast and best fun i had in a long time. Woth every penny.
  85. Nov 12, 2012
    Wow. I can't believe this game is so critically acclaimed. After all the hype, I figured I would try it out. What a waste of money that was. I found this game to be boring. Endless fetch quests, boring and cliche story, and annoying characters. I honestly wouldn't recommend buying this game unless you find a game of the year edition in a $10 bargain bin one day, but even then you probably won't have much fun with it. Expand
  86. Nov 11, 2012
    I will admit that after playing the first Borderlands game I was not impressed. It just didn't resonate with me. The landscape wasn't appealing, the characters were boring stereotypes, and the looting got old real fast. Now Borderlands 2 is here, I bought this game simply because there was nothing else in the store that caught my eye, I am glad to tell you that this game is a big improvement over the first. The characters, graphics, variations in landscape, improved storyline, it all ties together nicely and creates a truly fun scenerio for anyone who enjoys shooters and/or RPG's. It also seems to me to be a more complete game. I strongly suggest that everyone give this game a chance, you won't regret it. Claptrap is still an annoying piece of sh*t and thats why I refuse to give the game a perfect 10, otherwise its fantastic. Expand
  87. Nov 11, 2012
    Borderlands 2 is a great game, a step up from the first. Loads of fun to be had with this game but it does struggle to keep me engrossed as much as i would like it to. I had really high hopes for borderlands 2 and although it met most of them I am still left wanting in places. It is a must buy game, I think it has something for everyone...
  88. Nov 10, 2012
    this is much better than part 1. there actually seems to be a story to it now. the player advancement is more layered and you actually WANT to invest the points in smart ways. and of course the weapon combinations seem neverending, which if you like a looter game, its great!
  89. Nov 9, 2012
    I've always jumped from FPS to RPGs or MMOs.... This game combines both and the co-op is great. It's comical, great graphics.... and best of all.... gun collecting. Remember collecting cards as a kid? In this game you can collect and trade loot...
  90. Nov 6, 2012
    Probably my favorite game this year and one of my top ten favorites of all time. How often does a game make you laugh out loud? However Borderlands 2's multitude of pop culture references are just the sprinkles on top of a meticulously crafted world with hours upon hours of entertainment that never gets stale. The one complaint I have about this game is the fact that co-oping online can lead to "stolen" loot. It would be nice if they could implement player specific chests similar to what diablo 3 did with their loot system. Expand
  91. Oct 31, 2012
    Very fun game to play. The new additions of the badass ranks and the customization for your character adds just enough spice from the first Borderlands to make the second game in the series more enjoyable. I cannot say enough about how much fun it is to play this game with friends. You will not be disappointed if your want to online and kill some time with your friends on Pandora. This is a great way to kill some time with your friends without having to worry about "beating" the game. Expand
  92. Oct 29, 2012
    This game should definetly be a contender for GOTY. Great story and characters, hilarious side missions and Easter eggs and just fun to play. The only reason you shouldn't buy it is if you hate fun.
  93. Oct 29, 2012
    Staying true to its prequel Borderlands 2 still manages to offer the same interesting and addictive gameplay, the areas to explore are great, he characters and missions are downright hilarious and the story is something you will want to see through no matter how many times you die
  94. Oct 28, 2012
    Fun game, built mainly for the co-op, could use more of a story and plot. Haven't really spent much time with this one, though I doubt I'll be striving for the end, already running into frustrating scenarios... Started off as the Assassin class, no sniper-rifle in sight, and I'm already level 5.
  95. Oct 24, 2012
    I didn't like the original Borderlands game at all. Borderlands 2 is a step up though. I never really liked the cartoony style of the games,and it ruined the experience for me. Some people may like it which is fine,but for me I thought that the characters clash horribly with the environments. That is also why I never really enjoyed Final Fantasy 7. That's just me though and my score does not reflect the art style what so ever because that would be stupid to give a lower score just for that...This time around the game is a lot better than the first one, that is a given, most sequels today are worse but this one is a big improvement. I give this game a 7 because I just couldn't get into it, same as the first one. The game is not a 10, it is not perfect there are better games out there than this that are not perfect either. I give this game a solid 7. Expand
  96. Oct 19, 2012
    Hands down favorite game of the year. I love when developers take a successful game and really improve it the second time around. Cooler char classes and better weapon designs, plus awesome now mobs and really great new loot concepts overall. The story is great. The humor and pop culture references gives this game its own fun style. The subtle polish is very deep, you can tell this game is made with love. It's doing so many things right that it's hard to see anything wrong. The only thing you can complain about is if you're one of those people that just hates cel-shading. If so, I feel sorry for you because this game is hundreds of hours of pure fun. Expand
  97. Oct 18, 2012
    Let me say this right off the bat: Borderlands 2 is not a bad game. Borderlands 2 is NOT a bad game!

On the surface, Borderlands 2 is a very good-looking, witty, polished shooter that seems like it would deliver everything the first game had to deliver, and some more. However, beneath that charming exterior lies an extreeeeeemely slow and repetitive shooter that makes anyone with a
    working gag reflex to put the game down and play with Microsoft Excel instead.

I loved the first Borderlands, I would play and play before sleep (and then not go to sleep), I loved the gameplay; the RPG and the First Person Shooter combination was unlike anything I ever seen, I remember thinking that Borderlands was everything I wanted Fallout 3 to be. So, what went wrong with the sequel?

First of all, do you recall the tutorial section of the first Borderlands where Claptrap escorts you around the bandit camp? That section took around 15 minutes and the game threw you into an open world, giving you a few quests to start yourself off. In Borderlands 2, someone thought it would be a marvelous idea to expand that 15 minutes of tutorial into a span of 2 hours, 2 mundane hours of you going through the same, boring, ice environment, listening to that poor excuse of a "funny little robot" called Claptrap yelling in your ear through the whole thing. I don't know about you, but I didn't find any gameplay in Borderlands 2 before reaching Sanctuary fun in any way shape or form.

Gameplay remains the same as the first Borderlands: Shoot and loot, there are tons of different guns with different stats, you can swap them in and out at any time in your inventory, you can equip different shields and grenade mods too, for those who have played the first game, this will feel familiar to you. Speaking of shoot and loot, the shooting is the main course of the game, it begins to feel repetitive and boring killing the same type of enemy over and over and over, with the occasional "badass" enemy or miniboss thrown in to slow you down, looting remains the same; you go to anything that has a green light and mash the loot button to loot stuff, although, 99% of the time, you won't find anything that's better than what you currently have and you'll end up selling the loot instead, which begs the question of why not just have cash as loot instead in the first place if it's not going to be better items.

My main complaint about Borderlands 2 is how slow the game feels, quests seems to drag on and on over long stretches of maps that feels longer than they should be, and to make maters worse, the quest rewards don't seem to be ever worth it; let me give you an example: I'm level 25 and I need 15k EXP to reach level 26, I look up some quests on the billboard that are around level 23 to level 25, and how much EXP do they give? 1000 EXP? Are you kidding me? That's not even 10% of what I need to reach the next level! The enemies barely give any EXP worth mentioning, so in the end, it's all just a huge waste of time. In the first game, you would be rewarded EXP for completing challenges, so maybe that's why this game feels so slow in the leveling compared to the first, I don't mind the "Badass Tokens" system they implemented in this one for completing challenges, but why can't we have EXP on top of that?

My final gripe of this game is the so-called "humor". I'll be honest, I didn't find the humor in the first game funny, but the writing was tolerable, in Borderlands 2, the developers seemed so pleased with themselves that they decided to rub the humor in so hard that it will forever leave a shameful imprint of claptrap on your face. I watched a stream of someone playing the game for the first time and as soon as the "0 as a number" appeared in the intro, about 15 people in the chat went "Lol, that is so clever!"

...

Not... really... It was kind of uncomfortable to witness and I was surprised my brain didn't slip out of my nostrils to escape further humiliation.

In conclusion, I would say that Borderlands 2 is not worth £40 (I paid £60 for the Collector's Edition...), maybe pick it up at £15 if you really want to, but I say stick with the first game, if you haven't played the first one and you're really aching for a quirky, first person shooter with RPG elements, then I say definitely pick this up.
  98. Oct 18, 2012
    I understand why some people love borderlands 2, however I just couldn't force myself to love it.
    Single player felt a little too difficult for certain classes, while I understand the wants of the multiplayer crowd don't ruin single player in the process.
  99. Oct 17, 2012
    While not as good as the original Borderlands, this is still a pretty good game that only suffers by the consistent dumbing-down of the RPG elements and other details to (supposedly) attract a wider audience. In a game supposedly about loot, there is actually less of it and fewer different types in the sequel, than in Borderlands. Strange but true and this data is backed up on the Gearbox forums. No more weapon profieicneis, no more gun stats like zooom, recoil or sway, etc. Not all is bad news, and along with the streamlining negatives, the missions are a bit better and the locales more varied, but it can still get boring and Borderlands 2 doesn't manage to hit the same mood or environment level that the original did. Sometimes playing Borderlands, the mood and ambiance was so heavy you almost felt like you were out in a desolate wasteland, but you'll never forget you're playing a videogame with the sequel. There is an old saying that "the Devil's in the details" and by removing so many of the important "details" from the hit original, Gearbox seems to forgotten that. Expand
  100. Oct 17, 2012
    Come on guys, I really understand that a lot of you LOVE this game, but everyone giving it a 10 is just unrealistic. I generally give this game an 8. It was a very good game to me. It does what it sets out to do and that is to give players a worth while first person shooter experience with a comic side to it. I have mixed feelings about the cell shading. On one side of the coin, it gives the game that "comic book" feel and makes it more fictional and really sets the environment up, On the other side, its a "been there, done that" easy way to texture. I really wish someone would come up with a new way to sell comic book style games without using cell shading, its quite predictable.. On another negative note, the game was sorely repetitive. Go here, kill that, loot this, get reward, rinse and repeat. Now that i got all the negative out of the way, this game was a wonderful time waster. When I was bored I knew i could turn on BL2 and have a good, ol' fashioned killing spree and be rewarded for it. The main story line was good, not great, but good enough that I wanted to complete it. They expanded on the dialogue from the first game in a comically gritty way and in more than one occasion I would burst out laughing at a funny quip or witty sentence. I also really liked how they made the bad guy believe he was the good guy. A good reversal complex on the bad guy added to his anger when you succeed because according to him "bad guys are supposed to lose". One thing I would have love to see added to the game is a romance section. While I know this sounds a little ridiculous to some, I think it would have given the main character a little more drive to complete his goal other than "Just because he/she's a vault hunter". Please don't confuse "romance" with "interactive romance" for I know that wouldn't fit into the genre. A scripted romance would have gone a long way in giving me more motive in my humble opinion. Expand
  101. Oct 1, 2012
    Anything and everything that was only OK in the first installment has become great (Inventory Management) and anything that was great has only become greater. 2K took one of the most interesting IP's in recent memory and managed to make it one of the best series this generation has to offer. The number of guns, multi-player, the bosses and the story line are fantastic! If you are looking for a great game look no further, 50 hours in and playing new game plus and still hasn't gotten old! Collapse

1. Jan 26, 2014
    What the original Borderlands did so well has been grabbed and near perfected with this sequel. The comedy may be hit and miss, but it thrives on its shooting and loot grabbing. Many hours of fun will await you in Pandora.
    Borderlands 2 is huge, intense and addictive.
  3. Oct 19, 2012
    It's a lengthy adventure full of personality, an endless plethora of weapons, and addictive co-op gameplay. Fans of the first game would be foolish to pass up another chance to visit Pandora and plunder the incalculable treasures therein.