8.2

1. Apr 1, 2014
    The first thing I will say is to STAY AWAY from the dlc's, excluding Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep. They lack a lot of content, and are not worth their price tags. Even the dlc characters are rip-offs, considering how much they suck. Aside from that, this game is literally the definition of fun. You can spend hours upon hours shooting up bad guys with your friends, and never get bored. The game is full of laughs and action, making a game that hits on so many right spots. It took about 26 hours for me to beat the main questline the first time through, but I've played a total of about 200 hours now, after beating it with several characters and playing a bunch of sidequests. Even after those 200 hours, there are dozens of quests that I haven't done.
    Pros: - Gameplay (The action is incredibly fun, and is near perfect)
    - Characters (Both playable and non playable, the characters in Borderlands 2 have well developed personalities and will make you grin with each witty remark)
    - Role-playing (The four classes provide vastly different play styles, which is a great addition to an RPG)
    - Story (Surprisingly, Borderlands 2 has a good story that is brought to life with one of gaming's greatest characters, Handsome Jack)
    - Content (You can spend dozens of hours playing the game, and still have many unfinished side quests)
    - Multiplayer (The online and splitscreen multiplayer has been some of the most fun I've ever had playing a video game)
    Cons: - Repetitive (Though there are hundreds of quests, they do become repetitive)
    Overall, Borderlands 2 is possibly the most fun game you will ever play. Whether you play alone or with friends, you will not want to put the control down. I won't say it's full of quality due to the repetitive nature of its quests, but it's far better than the majority of games I've played. It's also a very well polished game with only a few bugs every now and then.
  2. Mar 25, 2014
    Borderlands 2... Where do I start? This game carries over from the first hit Borderlands, including having some of its characters. The graphics may not be its strong suit, but with animation and it's release date, you cannot expect better graphics. The story has its own twists to it, with added DLC to enhance its gameplay. Limited selection of appearance makes this game a 9, unfortunately this game isn't so diverse with appearance. At least it has more then one playable character, which is a bonus. The skill tree also makes your characters more diverse, making gameplay even better. All around I give this game a 9.5, but the score bar is weird and won't let me do that. Expand
  3. Mar 23, 2014
    Really addictive shooter that has a cool story and great humor ! I laugh out loud a couple of time while playing. I recommend playing it with friends as it's the best coop experience i had in a while.
  4. Mar 20, 2014
    Borderlands 2 is The BEST GAME for PS3. If you enjoyed the first borderlands this game is an improvement in every way. More guns, diversity in landscapes, stellar music, in depth skill trees for characters, and tons and tons of side quests. This is the best game whether going alone or joining in with friends. And afterwards you have some amazing expansions to look forward to.
  5. Mar 11, 2014
    I really like Borderlands 2 and if I owned just one game for the PS3 it would be Borderlands 2, followed by Borderlands 1.

My only complaint is that playing singleplayer is quite tedious and multiplayer over the internet is quite worthless.

But sitting on the couch with a good friend splitscreening Borderlands 2 is the best experience available for the PS3.
  6. Mar 8, 2014
    When I first bought this game it was mainly to play with my friends, but in the end I ended up playing hours and hours just by myself because it was so much fun, the game literally gushes with amazing content whether it's the wide array of weapons on display or the brilliant humour portrayed by amazing voice actors. Also the first ever game I bothered to platinum.
  7. Feb 26, 2014
    This game is my all-time favorite -- between 6 characters to customize, 4 main DLC packs to play through, and all the additional DLC that is being released regularly, I have not been able to quit my devotion.
  8. Feb 9, 2014
    "Borderlands 2" takes everything that made it's predecessor great and amplifies it by ten. It's a highly polished FPS/RPG hybrid that will absorb you and your friends for many hours. With intense combat, a better and funnier story, insane boss battles, more loot, and tons of other improvements, this game is quite literally the perfect sequel. Any issue you could have had with the original has been addressed here, and whether you are playing by yourself or with your friends this game is sure to provide hours of fun. Some technical issues plague the game, occasionally enemy AI would just break and stand there ignoring everything that was going on, but these occurrences are rare. This is an insanely good and well made game that I highly recommend to any gamer regardless of whether or not they played the first. So come one vault hunters, it's time to grab your guns and get playing. This is one trip to Pandora you don't want to miss. Expand
  9. Feb 5, 2014
    Borderlands 2 is an all around fun game. The loot is infinite! Not really but you get the point. there is so much loot. over all the game has an amazing story line with 4 play through's. The mobs have amazing and very fun commentary. And it adds a hole new feel to the game with coop mode. you can trade loot and money with other people, not to mention the risks of dueling Items. over all this is a spectacular game and i cant wait for Borderlands 3. Expand
  10. Nov 25, 2013
    OK, lets get one thing straight: There is a definite improvement from the first game...
    The guns look unique and aren't just colour variations on the last gun you used, they are designed and fell differently from manufacturer to manufacturer, there is a vastly improved plot and multiple mechanics have been greatly improved, and the customization helps you make your character feel like
    it's yours, with the DLC not just adding extra story, but more characters, which spices things up.

However, the amount of loot feels significantly limited and the difficulty can ramp up to hair pulling levels (in the later levels and level increasing DLCs) for casual gamers and those unfamiliar with the mechanics, and this game does have moments where it feels you need friends just to get past a section with the difficulty spikes. And the game feels far more linear than it's more open predecessor, and from time to time somewhat repetitive with little or no reward, like it's predecessor.

In conclusion, do not let this game fall under your radar, you can definitely get hooked to the game and the DLCs add more everything, it will definitely guarantee an enjoyable FPS experience, be it alone or with drop-in/drop-out mulitplayer, with the game even gracing those who come with pals with raid bosses and an ever greater loot fest, with returning fans will most likely enjoy this leap from the original.
  11. Nov 24, 2013
    I used to avoid Borderlands a lot because the art style bugged me. Actually playing the game changed everything and after a while, I even began to like the art style Gearbox chose. There's so much good things you can say about this game. The multiplayer is damn near unparalleled with the online co-op being one of the best that I've played thus far. There's A TON of guns. That's been a major selling point for the franchise for a long time.
    As far as gameplay goes, the combat hasn't changed a whole bunch from the first game with the same ol' "shoot 'em up" mentality in place. That's not necessarily a bad thing because the first game was really good. I just thought that was worth noting.
    One thing that was changed was the presence of the story within the game. The first game didn't have a really compelling story and at first, you may have felt it was absent all together. Borderlands 2 includes a story with a pretty impressive villain (Handsome Jack). While it's hardly "Last of Us" status, it'll keep you going.
    All in all, I loved the game. I'd highly recommend playing it. Also, don't forget to play online!!! I can't stress that enough. Playing with your friend through the campaign is a blast.
  12. Nov 1, 2013
    Borderlands was one of my favorite games of all time because it was just FUN and was entertaining. It had its own atmosphere that was original. It blended RPG and FPS elements and I found it refreshing and well implemented. Borderlands 2 continues this trend with not tinkering too much with the formula, but adding more to just about everything. The story takes awhile to complete and one of the few games I believe that's worth a $60 price tag. Even if the DLC is half as good as the first game's, there is plenty more to be had for this game. There's more story, which will either resonate in different capacities with different people. I liked the mysteriousness of the first game. I gave it a 9 instead of a 10 because this game isn't radically different and therefore the addictive quality of wanting to beat the game multiple times is not there like it was in the first game. Expand
  13. Oct 28, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is/was a fantastic sequel to surprise hit Borderlands.
    Gearbox did something alot of companies neglect to do... listen to the gamers, they spent copious time scrolling through user forums to get an idea of what the public wanted improvements on.
    The biggest things to come out of it were the Interface and the storytelling.
    Borderlands 1 had the vaguest of stories and mainly
    focused on loot and epic battle sequences and mad a note of emphasizing the multiplayer fun factor.
    Borderlands is the classic example of tweaking a winning formula to make it even better.
    The narrative is fantastic, the writers did a fantastic job creating a believable and engaging story.
    While also making references and building on stories from the first game, creating wonderful links between the two stories, this is mainly done by interactions with the non playable characters of the Original 4 Vault Hunters.
    The New 4 are basically the same, with the exception of the Assassin, who is basically all stealth.
    Gunzerker is basically a dual wielding Bezerker.
    The biggest improvements made are the skill tree's and the customisation of each character.
    The dialogue is still humerous and witty, The AI of the enemies is greatly improved and with every boss battle it feels like you are doing something challenging and that you truly are contributing to the restoration of Pandora. All in all this game ads bells and whistles to a winning formula, without depriving of the original charm, the Single Player Campaign can become a little boring because the real fun is playing two player. This game is among the greatest of this generation.
  14. Oct 12, 2013
    This game is beautiful, one of my most favorite games of all times. Looting and Shooting has never been so fun! I doubt anyone will ever do it better. The game is huge, long and fun all the way through. Plus its multiplayer up to 4 people, You can play the whole game with up to 3 friends! If your a hardcore Looting game fan this game is for you, I'm not a fan of shooters, I don't play call of duty or halo. This is my shooter of choice. Open world, great story, awesome gameplay, beautiful graphics, beast multiplayer that actually makes it more fun to play with other players. I cannot recommend this game more! Expand
  15. Oct 11, 2013
    I was initially disappointed but kept playing, then it all made sense, the level design and gameplay keeps improving and some of the details are astounding. I played as commando and used the turret skill, I don't regret it at all, this is the best game of this type I have ever played.
  16. Aug 15, 2013
  17. Aug 10, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is a really well made game. Like most gamers the wold say that the art-style is good and its really smooth gameplay. In Borderlands 2 the story is you play as 4 vault hunters a lot like the first one. Handsome Jake the main villain in the game makes you love to hate him with his funny jokes. CL4P-TR4P is in the game as well withs scooter and much more. i think it is worthy of a big 9-10 with loosing 1 for bugs and half of the time getting lost. thats all for now hope you liked this reviews give it a like pleas and ill see you next time Expand
  18. Jul 23, 2013
    Beautiful, hilarious, immersive and compelling. These are just some of the adjectives you could use to describe the loot-hunting FPS that is Borderlands 2. Whether you're a fan of comic books, shooters or finding goodies across a gorgeous map you will find something to love about B2. As you take on a variety of originally designed enemies with originally designed weapons you will come to the conclusion that this game is satisfying. It feels good to see the art of your bullets hitting the strange bodies opposing you. It would be impossible to talk about borderlands without talking about the brilliant writing that will humour you throughout your gameplay, at the forefront of which lies the games antagonist, Handsome Jack. At one point Handsome Jack offers to name his diamond pony (yes, diamond pony) "Piss-For-Brains" in honour of you but opts for a more polite, "Butt Stallion." Whilst the gameplay is fun and the writing is entertaining an amazing game wouldn't be amazing without a compelling story, which Borderlands 2 definitely has. A mystery you're thrown into straight from the beginning which the guardian angel only you can here guides you through. Shoot, loot, upgrade and play your way through one of the greatest RPG-FPS's of this generation and perhaps of all time. Expand
  19. Jun 24, 2013
    Definitely an addictive game. Part FPS action and part RPG, the 'Borderlands' series helped reshape
    how I think about my gaming, as it probably has for many others. From the opening sequence (before the gameplay started!), I loved everything about this game, including the action-oriented gaming, character customization, cell-shaded animation, music, pop culture references, voiceover
    acting, and so much more. Unlike any other gaming experience, and I have played most of the biggest RPGs of the past twenty years. It has one factor that most other games lack, it doesn't get old. It is the most replayable game I have ever played, and with good RPGs, I play them until I finish them (a few times). I've played this game from start to a finish a few dozen times, and with the DLCs and the co-op gameplay, it just doesn't get old. If every future gamemaker studied the heck out of 'Borderlands 2,' and brought similar genre-bending improvements to their respective efforts, I don't see how that could be ill-received by mainstream gamers. Expand
  20. Jun 21, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is, at its core, AWESOME!
    I don't especially mean that in a way that it is a game of great quality or general excellence (which it is) but what I mean my awesome and what makes it such and pleasure to play is the attitude of dark humorous fun. Everything from the art style to the hilarious characters just screams crazy. Its no master class on how to make a complex powerful
    fps or rpg but it take the aspects that people have the most enjoyment from both and puts a spin their own spin on it and in the end it makes for not just a fantastic game but one of the best examples of either an fps or an rpg that I can think of. Expand
  21. May 19, 2013
    Positives: SOOOOO much variation in weapons, loot, mission quests, excellent dialogue with a good number of one-liners (or several..), simple jump-in/jump-out online play, with friends or worldwide connection, making it even more entertaining to play. A number of different classes also, with so much replayability, and the fact that you can create more than one character at a time is a big bonus for a game of this stature. Huge, open, semi-free roam world, some awesome rather tidy graphics, and very amusing in-game NPCs for more of the fun-factor.

Negatives: When playing with friends, loot drops aren't shared and only one player can pick up the loot-drops from enemies. Also, some people like him, some people don't, but ClapTrap (the robot) constantly talks rubbish and he does my nut in! Very annoying to listen to and unfortunately he can't be killed.

9/10 for a brilliant game with lots of different things to do, lots of equipment to use, and a joyful playing experience with the dialogue and the characters on show.
  22. May 5, 2013
    Fast, dynamic, and challenging. Borderlands 2 is everything a video game should be. It never takes itself too seriously like other games I could name. The story is built around the gameplay but does this much better than its predecessor. It is worth playing and replaying and replaying again. It's like if Diablo 3 and Kill Bill had a baby, and then that baby had a love affair with South Park. Shoot things, get loot, keep playing to keep hearing the hilarious dialogue. This game is the bee's knees. Expand
  23. May 3, 2013
    Perfect in almost every way, shape, and form, Borderlands 2 easily kicks the ass of most traditional FPS games (save Bioshock and Half-Life 2,) and delivers an amazing ride the whole time.

Combat is a fast-paced mix of run and gun mixed with using your characters unique action skill. Admittedly, some characters have the edge over others (Axton and Gaige have a better chance in a
    firefight than Maya,) but this can be explained due to the fact that these characters can be used in support roles.

In terms of story, Borderlands 2 delivers much more than its previous entry. Handsome Jack and all the characters you meet may be some of the funniest and most clever characters I've met in a game. With personalities varied from the crazy yet adorable Tiny Tina, to the just plain crazy yet somehow sane Dr. Zed, you will have an absolute blast seeing these characters in action. I am really, truly glad that Borderlands 2 ditches for the most part, the "never see anyone except the bulletin and Claptrap" method of thinking for a more personal experience with the people you go on missions for.

Guns are the main part of the game, and they are much improved in terms of looks over Borderlands 1. Each manufacturer has a different style, and you can instantly tell who a gun is made by just by looking at it. This flare of style makes finding the guns much more satisfying.

With good fun, good story, and good guns, Borderlands 2 is one of the rare few games that can almost do no wrong. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the psycho-fueled fun!
  24. May 3, 2013
    Borderlands 2 war für mich eins der besten spiele des Jahres 2012 ich verstehe nicht wie manche es scheiße finden. Die Spielewelt ist riesig man kann hunderte von Waffen sammeln, kaufen, verkaufen.
    Mit Freunden zusammen spielen usw.. Die Spielewelt umfasst ca. 60 Stunden was recht ordentlich ist.
    Die Mischung auf Shooter und RPG baut super aufeinander auf und wird miteinander verknüpft
    :))
    Das Spiel ist einfach nur geil
  25. Apr 27, 2013
    Perfect in every way. I loved all of the memerable characters like Sir Hammerlock, Tiny Tina and Clap-Trap (CL4-TP). The music was fantastic as I usually hate dup step but Gear Box made it awesome! The dialogue was funny and clever as I never got tired of the phsycos shouting, "I'm going to eat your babies!" The guns all looked amazing and haing a random gun generator IN the game was a great idea. Every gun is colour coded on its rariety and it helped me a lot. Also guns aren't always better because of damage as accuarcy and fire rate was always something important to me. Plus onece you finish the game ou can continue from your current level and keep your guns and restart and go through a much harder game. This idea was probably took from Batman: Arkham City with its game story plus. So overall it's got great cell shaded graphics, epic guns, fantastic story and characters and DUPSTEP! Expand
  26. Apr 27, 2013
    Best game of 2012. One of the best rpg shooters ever made. The dlc's they put out is simply amazing. Voice acting is great, characters are outstanding, and there is literally a bazillion of different guns.
  27. Apr 25, 2013
    Wow this game is the only other game that I have played through twice. This game is amazing. Don't listen to the idiotic reviewers that only play games for graphics steer you off the games path. This game has its own art style and I respect and love it, it matches the games theme.
  28. Apr 25, 2013
    What can i say that i'm sure hasn't already been said about this amazing game? BL 2 takes everything that we loved about the first title and amplifies it ten fold. More guns...more quests...more interesting and unique characters and npc's(Tiny Tina being my favorite) and a MUCH MUCH more interesting villain. Handsome Jack is equal parts charming and evil. The dialogue is almost perfectly written and the new character classes are overall more powerful versions of the ones found in the first game(totally digging on the Mechromancer). The graphics have that same cell shaded light cartoony feel that remains a pure delight to behold. A few complaints i do have are that the more "rare" orange level weapons seem a little hard to attain(even by this game's standards) and that when you do grab a few, seem woefully under-powered once you reach your 2nd and 3rd playthroughs. However, that really is small potatoes compared to the grander scheme of things. This is an amazing game that needs to be experienced by fans of any type of shooter. With a very deep and immersible character level progression and some of the best dlc add on's around... this one is certainly a no brainer Expand
  29. Apr 8, 2013
    One of the best, if not THE best game of this generation. As soon as I started playing this game I was in love, the beautiful comic atmosphere, the humor that claptrap introduced, and just the way everything comes together. I've finished this game three times since the most recent update just started on Ultimate Vault Hunter. The blend of FPS and RPG really is amazing and this game is so beautifully put together. Collapse
  30. Apr 1, 2013
    This game scores 999 out of 1000. I was trying and trying to think of something wrong with the game. Perfect pacing check. Huge world check. Wide room for imagination check. Hilarious check. Then it came to me the title. Borderlands 2? That is the best they could do? How about Beyond Borderlands, The Son, Grandson and Great Nephew of Borderlands or Borderlands Too? That is it, that is the only demerit. Expand
  31. Apr 8, 2013

1. Jan 26, 2014
    What the original Borderlands did so well has been grabbed and near perfected with this sequel. The comedy may be hit and miss, but it thrives on its shooting and loot grabbing. Many hours of fun will await you in Pandora.
    Borderlands 2 is huge, intense and addictive.
  3. Oct 19, 2012
    It's a lengthy adventure full of personality, an endless plethora of weapons, and addictive co-op gameplay. Fans of the first game would be foolish to pass up another chance to visit Pandora and plunder the incalculable treasures therein.