Borderlands 2 PlayStation 3

8.2

1. Mar 26, 2017
    Borderlands 2 continues the Vault Hunter adventures in a big, fun, BOOM BOOM, wub wub way. More action, more guns (gazillion they say...they may be right!), almost endless choices of game play with choices of characters, skill trees, Normal, True and Ultimate (with purchase of add on) play through, the hundreds (or thousands some say) of hours of game play worth the investment. MoreBorderlands 2 continues the Vault Hunter adventures in a big, fun, BOOM BOOM, wub wub way. More action, more guns (gazillion they say...they may be right!), almost endless choices of game play with choices of characters, skill trees, Normal, True and Ultimate (with purchase of add on) play through, the hundreds (or thousands some say) of hours of game play worth the investment. More adventure continues with add on packs, multi-player options, etc. My top pick for all time best shooter game! Expand
  2. Feb 10, 2017
    Borderlands 2 takes the first game as a point of departure and slightly improves it in certain aspects, such as the variety of things to do and the storyline, which is richer in my opinion. The combination between action and RPG keeps on working quite well, and playing online is a good point.

Not my favourite first-person shooter, but still a great game.
  3. Nov 5, 2016
    Personajes carismáticos, muchos lugares que explorar, cientos de armas, cooperativo online, muchas secundarias divertidas, miles de cosas por hacer una vez terminada la historial principal...JUEGAZO
  4. Sep 9, 2016
    Everything I look for in a video game. Borderlands 2 features a unique world and a fantastic online community. The loot system in Borderlands 2 is flawless. This game was well thought out and user feedback is taken into consideration. This game is a must buy!
  5. Apr 22, 2016
    Ridiculous amounts of guns, constant eye-popping action, vibrant environments, and one of the best villains in video game history. The sequal to borderlands hits on all cylinders and capitalizes on all the mistakes of the original while amplifying all the great parts. I've never played a game that's captured my attention for as long as this game has. 1000+ hours, 15 total play-throughs,Ridiculous amounts of guns, constant eye-popping action, vibrant environments, and one of the best villains in video game history. The sequal to borderlands hits on all cylinders and capitalizes on all the mistakes of the original while amplifying all the great parts. I've never played a game that's captured my attention for as long as this game has. 1000+ hours, 15 total play-throughs, and I still want to dive into the world of Pandora again and kill some more robots.
    Adding onto the original game, which was criticized for monotonous environments, borderlands 2 offers everything from acid-flooded grounds of the caustic caverns to the to the ice-covered walls of the fridge, any complaints about monotonous environments has been blown out of the water by this game
    as far as amplifying the great parts of the original, combat in this game has been overhauled and added massive amounts of color and explosives to guns and bullets and combat as a whole. And while I'm mentioning combat, Enemy types vary incredibly in borderlands 2. Marauders to massive insects to invisible stalkers to powerful robots, fill the world to the brim just to mention a few, of course I'm forgetting to mention the threshers, rakks, skags, and the Hyperion cooperation's goons.
    Now I should mention Handsome Jack. Handsome Jack takes the cake for my favorite villain in video game history. Witty insults, convoluted schemes, and just plain awesomeness make This bad guy, king of bad guys in my mind.
  6. Feb 22, 2016
    It seems as if the Borderlands games are always going to to be more fun playing co-op (which I prefer anyway). Playing the game solo was tedious and quickly became a chore. I switched over to co-op and played with a friend and the game became a lot more fun. The game developers do such a great job with music choice and I love their sense of humor. As with the first one, the graphics grewIt seems as if the Borderlands games are always going to to be more fun playing co-op (which I prefer anyway). Playing the game solo was tedious and quickly became a chore. I switched over to co-op and played with a friend and the game became a lot more fun. The game developers do such a great job with music choice and I love their sense of humor. As with the first one, the graphics grew on my overtime and I quickly became a fan. I do think that this game was too similar to the first and I felt as if I was playing the first game over again. I recommend this game to everyone- play with a friend or in co-op though. Expand
  7. Jan 29, 2015
    I like this game. Its funny, it runs well, its 1 of the better co-op games. It is however more entertaining as a co-op game. Random loot keeps me going. Plenty of conent especially game of the year edition.Really nothing bad to say about it for what it is.
  8. Jan 1, 2015
    Borderlands 2 is one of those titles that make a new game that for once changes the graphics to make your boring old FPS look fresh again.The thing that I can't stand is the graphics there so amazing and really changes things.Let me talk about game(this does not contain spoilers)the games antagonist is funny and gets on your nerves he's not your typical boss that always you have to killBorderlands 2 is one of those titles that make a new game that for once changes the graphics to make your boring old FPS look fresh again.The thing that I can't stand is the graphics there so amazing and really changes things.Let me talk about game(this does not contain spoilers)the games antagonist is funny and gets on your nerves he's not your typical boss that always you have to kill and that's it he annoys you the entire way through making fun of you.In conclusion there's a lot to do and this is a must own game. Expand
  9. Dec 8, 2014
    Enjoyable art-style. Good soundtrack. Immersive environments. And addictive loot based gameplay. So addictive in fact that if it weren't for a slightly weak story and poor character development I would have given it a 9 or even a 10.
  10. Nov 30, 2014
    It's Borderlands. Fun and addicting. Repetitive at times, yes, but it's so addicting you keep playing. Some glitches when it came out that were gamebreakers, but have since been fixed.
  11. Nov 3, 2014
    A absolutely good game with a really fun character list a long fun story that keeps you on your feet the whole time. With an amazing bad guy (Handsome Jack) that really wants you to cut his heart out and make him choke on it. With a wide verity of characters there's no possible way to have the same story with each character having different power ups and abilities. Over all a really funA absolutely good game with a really fun character list a long fun story that keeps you on your feet the whole time. With an amazing bad guy (Handsome Jack) that really wants you to cut his heart out and make him choke on it. With a wide verity of characters there's no possible way to have the same story with each character having different power ups and abilities. Over all a really fun majestic master piece of a game. Expand
  12. Oct 28, 2014
    Borderlands 2...
    Runs at a consistent 30fps, although graphics are somewhat disappointing.
    Four distinct classes to choose from, each bearing different skills, strengths and weaknesses. Millions of different guns with different specifications to keep you satisfied. Every weapon is classified in rarity from Common to Legendary. There is only one story despite the many classes and
    Borderlands 2...
    Runs at a consistent 30fps, although graphics are somewhat disappointing.
    Millions of different guns with different specifications to keep you satisfied.
    Every weapon is classified in rarity from Common to Legendary.
    There is only one story despite the many classes and characters.
    The story is somewhat vague but shows through towards the end.
    I personally severely enjoyed this game although the experience is quite short lived as DLC only boosts you from 50 to 72, but after that the gameplay is repetitive and is dull.

Overall, I mostly enjoyed this video game and have yet to complete the first but the exploding experience was just too short lived for my liking and so I rate it as above.
  13. Oct 19, 2014
    Once again Bethesda strikes gold. I loved the first one. By loved I mean I played the campaign and DLC end to end with each player class, and was left wanting more. It took a while but they delivered and with a few improvements. While not perfect, it was definitely an improvement in game control, player optimization, and story. One of my favorite elements was the addition of better NPC'sOnce again Bethesda strikes gold. I loved the first one. By loved I mean I played the campaign and DLC end to end with each player class, and was left wanting more. It took a while but they delivered and with a few improvements. While not perfect, it was definitely an improvement in game control, player optimization, and story. One of my favorite elements was the addition of better NPC's you get to love/hate in Jack(azz), Sir Hammerlock, a slightly more humorous Claptrap, and the unforgettable Tiny Tina. Who can't love a game that has you on a mission renaming enemies bonerballs. Main critique is that some missions require an annoying amount of foot travel and killing repawned(and boringly lower class)enemies, and that towards the end it starts to get kind of repetitive. If you like the RPG/FPS hybrid genre, or even just a dynamic open world FPS, then it is definitely for you. Expand
  14. Oct 7, 2014
    This is one of those games were you have a friend come over and sit back and play through an addictive game with amazing graphic style, many many many guns, crazy enemies, and awesome boss battles. Borderlands two is the ultimate game to play with friends. It is still good by yourself but when you are dueling your friends for loot, fighting a boss together, or even bragging about the headsThis is one of those games were you have a friend come over and sit back and play through an addictive game with amazing graphic style, many many many guns, crazy enemies, and awesome boss battles. Borderlands two is the ultimate game to play with friends. It is still good by yourself but when you are dueling your friends for loot, fighting a boss together, or even bragging about the heads you got from a boss is just the best part of it. Expand
  15. Sep 25, 2014
    A great FPS. I loved graphics/arts. It has elements of BioShock. or maybe BioShock has elements of borderlands. Weapons are of different variates and capabilities. You'll never miss a weapon. You'll always have a badass one.
    Enemies are really cool. Even when they die they are still funny :).
    Enemies are really cool. Even when they die they are still funny :).
    I only missed a full RPG elements in this game. I wished I could make decisions and participate in conversations like in Skyrim.
    Happy I was able to play this one without the need to play the original borderlands. Story is connected of course but you can proceed from Borderlands 2 without looking back.
    Highly recommended from a gamer who's not a fan of FPS.
  16. Sep 9, 2014
    This is one of my favorite FPS games, only stays behind Bioshock in my list. Both published by 2K and some of the best FPS games of the last generation!
    Borderlands 2 beats Borderlands, the characters, the DLC, the craziness, this game is amazing and can make you spend countless hours playing solo or coop. A lot more fun in coop but still good to play alone, this game has a great story, some plot twists and a lot of hilarious moments and characters (such has Claptrap).
    A mix of FPS and RPG and we have Borderlands 2! I can't have enough of this game and decided to make a review since Borderlands The Prequel is coming.
  17. Sep 3, 2014
    The perfect fusion of RPG and 1st person shooter. It has everything you could want from such a game. Multiple classes, various enemies and (no bazillion guns) dozens of different guns with thousands of stat and appearance differences.

The story line and dialogue is enough to keep you curious and entertained, with a few twists thrown in. Multiplayer in this game is how it should be, split screen and online, and even Splitscreen WITH ONLINE at the same time! Something other games should include.

Overall if you like RPG's and Shooters, then this is a game you should at the very least, watch on youtube. It drowns you with fun.
  18. Aug 17, 2014
    Fan-f*cking-tastic. 2k and Gearbox really hit the mark, grabbing its predecessor's potential filled nut sack and squeezing. Hard. It has a great single player or mulitplayer experience (although you ought to play it with friends) with the fantastic Handsome Jack as the villain, who we all love to hate. Knows when and how to make you laugh and is heartbreaking at times. With great and gameFan-f*cking-tastic. 2k and Gearbox really hit the mark, grabbing its predecessor's potential filled nut sack and squeezing. Hard. It has a great single player or mulitplayer experience (although you ought to play it with friends) with the fantastic Handsome Jack as the villain, who we all love to hate. Knows when and how to make you laugh and is heartbreaking at times. With great and game enhancing DLC, the exciting, witty game Borderlands 2 deserves all the hype. Expand
  19. Aug 11, 2014
    I have never played this game so why am I scoring it? I am scoring this for all of the amazing voice actors in the game from FUNimation! As of today 10 million copies of Borderlands 2 have been shipped worldwide!
  20. Jul 9, 2014
    Borderlands 2 takes what made its prequel a good game and amps it up by a thousand!! The game features 4 brand new characters, that may be inspired by the ones from the first Borderlands, but have completely new abilities and skill trees. This sequel has more guns, more cars, diverse environment, great cameos from characters you know from the first installment, very fun DLC and even 2 newBorderlands 2 takes what made its prequel a good game and amps it up by a thousand!! The game features 4 brand new characters, that may be inspired by the ones from the first Borderlands, but have completely new abilities and skill trees. This sequel has more guns, more cars, diverse environment, great cameos from characters you know from the first installment, very fun DLC and even 2 new characters!! If you havent played it, get the GOTY Edition, now!! Expand
  21. Jul 8, 2014
    borderlands 2 i a great game with some amazing parts in it and a must buy.graphics are very unique using a cartoon style like no other game.guns wise your never really going to run out with over 7 million guns theirs always something to look for.but at times the story can get a bit drab but always picks back up.so i think borderlands 2 is a great game
  22. Jun 30, 2014
    Borderlands 2 is one HELL OF A GAME. It’s big. It’s bad. And it’s better.

Borderlands 2 is one HELL OF A GAME. It’s big. It’s bad. And it’s better.

Thrown back into the wonderfully deadly and bizarre world of Pandora, players choose one of the following Vault Hunters to prance around with for the next couple (or shall I say 20-30…) hours. You get to choose from Salvador the Gunzerker who is capable of dual-wielding guns and a master of blowing stuff up, Zer0 the Assassin who is able to decoy a hologram and slip into invisibility, Maya the Siren, a woman who has the power to lock enemies in the air (think Mass Effect Biotics…) and lastly Axton the Commando who deploys turrents with ‘have you met my girlfriend?’

Borderlands is a ‘sci-fi western game’. But with Tech. Crazy Folks and one hell of a screwed up antagonist, Handsome Jack. He’s tyrannical, mad and funny. He’s mess with you and play with your head, but hey, that’s fun right?

Gameplay, especially CO-OP is what this whole game is all about. The formula: kill, loot, kill, loot, kill, loot….is insanely addictive and fun when done alongside a couple of friends. The amount of weapons and VARIETY and STYLES out there will simply blow your mind. Guns here come in all shapes, sizes and colours. Some of them will shoot normal bullets. Some of them will shoot electrically charged bullets. Some fire incendiary rounds or those laced with corrosive acid. But some will even turn into grenades, yes that’s right, GRENADES, when you reload them. WTH?! AWESOME?

However, the more players means that there are bigger fights, which ultimately meana that there’s even BETTER loot and COOLER guns!! :)

The only downfall I can think of is the return of bloody Claptrap, the robot that greets our Vault Hunter. I seriously HATE the ‘cheerfulness’ in his voice and wish that I NEVER HELPED HIM FIND HIS EYE! Uggggggghhhhhhh. Die.

The cartoon graphics add a certain je ne sais quoi about it all – contributing to the game’s very distinct look. The script is brilliant and humorous and the soundtrack (especially, the introduction song ‘Short Change Hero – The Heavy) is even more majestic.

Borderlands 2 is a royal success!
  23. Jun 26, 2014
    I still dig the original more, but what the hell... it's still more Borderlands. Am I right? Sh*t, I forgot you need 150 characters to review stuff. Apparently simplicity isn't welcome here. My bad.
  24. Jun 12, 2014
    Fantastic in every way, story is both good and unbelievably funny, game play is really nice, one of the best characters i've seen in a video-game (Claptrap), hundreds and hundreds of guns and loot out there just waiting for you. This game has many hours of fun game play for you and your friends.
  25. Jun 8, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great squeal of borderlands, its funny, entertainment, chaotic, and mayhem.
    The only downside are the lack of replay value, your not able to replay missions after you've done them, not even story missions.

This game is more like you don't want to lose your save files ,as it contains many hours wasted.

Cartoon'ish graphics looks good, weapon handling can be better.
    as a singleplayer experience, its really hard to do so, your kinda forced playing with your friends.

This game gets a 5/10.
  26. May 27, 2014
    It wins game of the **** universe. Its a 69 out of 10. If you disagree i will shove a large black item down your throat. This game cures cancer and aids.
  27. May 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There is not much to say really
    being chased by a midget screaming in a high pitched voice about how hes going to ride you like a bicycle
    BEST GAME EVER
  28. May 19, 2014
    I remember playing the original Borderlands on release. I was excited so much for it because Gearbox had taken so damn long releasing it, and promised so much within it's walls. I was very disappointed to find that much of what I had come to expect was lost to me. But I played it and finished and I'm glad I did. But in the end it still felt empty.

Then, a few years later, word spreads

Then, a few years later, word spreads of the second outing for the franchise. Borderlands 2 was coming and it had nearly triple the amount of hype the first one did. I was hesitant at first, but after a short while I was engrossed in the trailers, excited by the posters in game stores, and eventually I bought it, once again, on release.

This time, instead of diving straight into coop with a bunch of friends, I went solo. And you know what? I had a blast. I stormed through so much of the game in a relatively small space of time. THAT was what the first was missing. The ability to comfortably move through the game on your own as well as with friends, because at the end of the day, a game is as much for our own personal enjoyment as it is for sharing with your friends.

This was crucial, I believe, in how Borderlands 2 was executed. Now I know not everyone will agree, and that's fine. Borderlands is what you make of it. But to me, the ability to jump in and out of games with friends, without feeling as though I was missing out by going it alone, was a big step for me.

That, combined with the stellar new cast of voice actors for the game breathed new, awesome life into it again. The story was epic, and honestly heartbreaking at times. Both myself and my friends laughed gleefully at several of the superbly presented set pieces in the story. And the villain had got to be one of my all time favourite characters in a game for a long time.

So, without waffling on too much longer, Borderlands 2, even if you haven't played the original, is a damn solid RPG to tackle, with plenty of challenges to overcome, and a whole suite of stuff to experience both on and offline. And, of course, randomized weapons are always a plus in my books.
  29. May 3, 2014
    borderlands 2.. a game where you know if you enjoy it, it is worth every penny. I enjoyed borderlands 2, just a crap load of things to do, I just finished the main story (did about 90% of the side quests in the game), and clocked in just about 3 days total time played, and I have about 10-12 more side quests to finish! The gameplay itself is a first person shoot em up, it also features aborderlands 2.. a game where you know if you enjoy it, it is worth every penny. I enjoyed borderlands 2, just a crap load of things to do, I just finished the main story (did about 90% of the side quests in the game), and clocked in just about 3 days total time played, and I have about 10-12 more side quests to finish! The gameplay itself is a first person shoot em up, it also features a lot of comedic moments that I enjoyed. Leveling up and getting rare loot was satisfying (mainly because it's so hard). However to be honest I felt like the weakest part of this game was the rpg elements, I didn't even touch one skill tree, and it is impossible for a casual gamer to even reach the final tier of just one skill tree (it takes too long, and the game can get repititive to some).. but in the end I was still suprised at the length and quality of the length/gameplay that I'm willing to give it a 9. If you enjoy first person shooters definately take a look at the game. Expand
  30. Apr 21, 2014
    this is one of the best cooperative games I have ever played. the characters are eccentric and memorable and there are so many fun weapons. the art is cool, but I feel like its a little bit too comic booky, where it is almost hard on my eyes, and the world is huge, but feels pretty empty, unlike games like skyrim and fallout, I had no interest exploring the world, so it felt almostthis is one of the best cooperative games I have ever played. the characters are eccentric and memorable and there are so many fun weapons. the art is cool, but I feel like its a little bit too comic booky, where it is almost hard on my eyes, and the world is huge, but feels pretty empty, unlike games like skyrim and fallout, I had no interest exploring the world, so it felt almost pointless for it to be so big. Expand
  31. May 5, 2013
    Fast, dynamic, and challenging. Borderlands 2 is everything a video game should be. It never takes itself too seriously like other games I could name. The story is built around the gameplay but does this much better than its predecessor. It is worth playing and replaying and replaying again. It's like if Diablo 3 and Kill Bill had a baby, and then that baby had a love affair withFast, dynamic, and challenging. Borderlands 2 is everything a video game should be. It never takes itself too seriously like other games I could name. The story is built around the gameplay but does this much better than its predecessor. It is worth playing and replaying and replaying again. It's like if Diablo 3 and Kill Bill had a baby, and then that baby had a love affair with South Park. Shoot things, get loot, keep playing to keep hearing the hilarious dialogue. This game is the bee's knees. Collapse

1. Jan 26, 2014
    What the original Borderlands did so well has been grabbed and near perfected with this sequel. The comedy may be hit and miss, but it thrives on its shooting and loot grabbing. Many hours of fun will await you in Pandora.
    Borderlands 2 is huge, intense and addictive.
  3. Oct 19, 2012
    It's a lengthy adventure full of personality, an endless plethora of weapons, and addictive co-op gameplay. Fans of the first game would be foolish to pass up another chance to visit Pandora and plunder the incalculable treasures therein.