8.2

1. Dec 14, 2012
    When I first tried playing borderlands 1 I didn't like it very much. But then my friend told me that borderlands 2 is refined installment that I definitely have to try. And I have to say it was worth it. You will get lost in time looting billions of chests and finding nice loot. You will also shoot guys...endlessly. And the best part is that it never really gets boring. Enemies are fun toWhen I first tried playing borderlands 1 I didn't like it very much. But then my friend told me that borderlands 2 is refined installment that I definitely have to try. And I have to say it was worth it. You will get lost in time looting billions of chests and finding nice loot. You will also shoot guys...endlessly. And the best part is that it never really gets boring. Enemies are fun to kill and you have a lots of ways to kill them. It doesn't feel like shooter for stupid people. If your enemies are the same level as you it will be challenging. You will have to take cover and if you won't you will find yourself in second wind praying that you will survive. Borderlands is also heavily based on co-op which is big part of game. It is more fun be prepared that if you don't play with your friends your teammates can be very annoying sometimes and you will find yourself switching from game to game. If you like fancy weapons, funny dialogues, bloody limbs, and goofy robots this game is FOR YOU. Expand
  2. Dec 12, 2012
    You won't regret buying this game. GOTY IMO
  3. Dec 9, 2012
    I am having a love / hate relationship with Borderlands 2. On one hand, I'm enjoying it enough to continue playing it after three weeks already, and I'm only about half way through, but on the other hand, all too often I'm finding that playing it is more of a chore than it is fun. Yes, it's great that there are so many varieties of weapons and shields but, well, there are so many that it'sI am having a love / hate relationship with Borderlands 2. On one hand, I'm enjoying it enough to continue playing it after three weeks already, and I'm only about half way through, but on the other hand, all too often I'm finding that playing it is more of a chore than it is fun. Yes, it's great that there are so many varieties of weapons and shields but, well, there are so many that it's a bit mind boggling to sift through it all. Mostly I just pick up everything I find and then sell most of it all off at the next ammo dump. And the mission are so long, so very very long, that it takes upwards of three to five hours just to get from point A to point B in a side mission, that is if you want to waste the enemies instead of just trying to charge your way through them. When you finally complete the quest, it doesn't feel rewarding, instead it's just a relief that the mission is finally over. There are other nuisances such as picking up items that will change the look of your automobile that hog your backpack space when who cares what your stupid automobile looks like; that's such a minor part of the game anyway. No matter what others say, don't believe them otherwise: this is a really hard game to get through solo. If you're not playing with friends online, you will repeatedly find yourself outnumbered in frantic episodes of insanity during which you don't even know what's shooting at you and you will die again and again, and each time you die it's going to cost you some of that loot that you spent hours picking up. With all of this combined I found myself all too often just wishing the mission I was on was over already so I could get on to something else, and the problem is you can't skip the side missions, that's impossible, if you do you won't be leveled up enough to play the main storyline. Yet, on the other hand, with all of this frustration going against it, I'm still coming back to it and playing it because it at least has it's good moments, unlike Dead Island, and the visuals along with the humor is just enough to keep things going by a hair. Expand
  4. Dec 3, 2012
    This games is great. Some people have said that it is unrealistic. But I think that is part of the reason why this game is so much fun. The game looks great. I haven't ran across any glitches.
  5. Dec 2, 2012
    Borderlands 2 is everything right with the FPS genre. Everything from the first game was either dramatically improved or slightly improved. Either way, the series is getting way better. The characters, enemies, weapons, shields, etc, still top notch. In many ways Borderlands 2 is the anti COD and MOH. The game has a great sense of humor and a drastically improved story. If you enjoyed theBorderlands 2 is everything right with the FPS genre. Everything from the first game was either dramatically improved or slightly improved. Either way, the series is getting way better. The characters, enemies, weapons, shields, etc, still top notch. In many ways Borderlands 2 is the anti COD and MOH. The game has a great sense of humor and a drastically improved story. If you enjoyed the first, go out and get the second. Also, get the season pass for all of the DLC. I know only two of the four planned have come out, but both are really good and add about another 14-20 hours of play. Expand
  6. Nov 28, 2012
    I loved the first borderlands and sunk many hours in to it. i didn't get this one till they had a black friday sale on it for $25 because i just didn't have the time to play it and my friends who i would be playing this with online said they just didn't care for it much. so i didn't feel rushed to get it day one even though i really did want to play it. well since my friends arn't playingI loved the first borderlands and sunk many hours in to it. i didn't get this one till they had a black friday sale on it for $25 because i just didn't have the time to play it and my friends who i would be playing this with online said they just didn't care for it much. so i didn't feel rushed to get it day one even though i really did want to play it. well since my friends arn't playing this i have to play it solo since i refuse to play with people i don't know online. nothing ruins my game experiance more then playing with A-Holes . it wasn't a huge deal to me since i enjoyed playing the first in both co-op and solo mode. Let me say that with in the first few hours some thing about the game just didn't feel right and i still can't put my finger on it exactly but i had a hard time getting in to it. I just kept feeling like going to play some thing els but i kept telling myself its going to get better when i start getting thoose sick guns. Even though the story this time around is much improved from the first one ... which the first ones story kinda sucked. i found myself with in 6 hours in to the game dieng... ALOT! and it pretty much happens around the boss fights. they have made this game so rediculasly hard to play solo its beyond stupid. It makes you wonder what the develpers where even thinking. the first one had such a perfect balance of when you went from solo to co-op it felt just perfect. Borderlands 2 still feels like a good game but just doesn't feel like the great game the first one was even if the single player issue wasn't so nightmarish. i would bump the score up to a 8 if they ever do patch it to fix that issue. for now i just want to quik finish it toss it on the shelf and there it will most likely sit . i have no intrest in the DLC. Expand
  7. Nov 21, 2012
    Didnt like this game. Everything seemed good, but the story was all over the place and a game needs a decent story, you never connect with any characters and its just a crazy shooter which didnt impress me. I didnt hate the game but didnt complete it and got bored quickly.
  8. Nov 19, 2012
    The BEST MMO type of game on consoles to date!! This game should be in the running for game of the year!! Lets get to it!!

GRAPHICS = 9 Yes there still Cell Shaded. That said they are gorgeous! They are a step up from the original and there are a lot of new things and additions to the style they have developed that make your eyeballs want to pop out of your head! There are a few hiccups and graphical glitches here and there that could have been polished out but over all the game is beautiful!!

GAMEPLAY = 10 The time you spend with your friends helping them out, leveling them up, finishing quests, trading weapons, and generally just having fun seems endless! The world Pandora seems alive and well, even if it is out to kill you every second your in it! The characters are very stylized and all are full of life as you would expect from the developers that gave life to claptrap! There are lots of creatures and baddies to kill of all different kinds and finding the right weapon for the job is half the fun. The boss fights are basically all about finding the soft spot and hitting it till the boss dies but its still fun and a good challenge. There are a butt load of weapons! They all act differently according to the manufacturer and the type of stats they have. The levels seem a little more linear than they did in the first game, this is something I personally loved and felt that it kept the game fast and furious instead of wandering around aimless in the same droll looking desert the whole game. Music/Sound EFX = 8 They went with the Dubstep sound track on this one... that said ..its a bit weak for Dubstep. For the most part the sound EFX are the same as the original game and don't really change much. So personally there's nothing really thought provoking or groundbreaking here. The only thing that really redeems the soundtrack is the voice acting! If it weren't for the great voice acting and character style this game would be an audio mess!! That said the characters are full of life and humor most of the time!

CONTROLS = 9 The Controls are the same as the first game. Nothing has changed but they still feel natural and don't get in the way of the fun of the game! I guess it would be nice to have a little more customization to the controls but I really didn't find my self having problems with the defaults.

REPLAY = 10 Lots of re-playability with 5 classes and 1 expansion already out, it seems like there will be plenty
    of content to come. This game should be in every ones rotation for a long time to come! OVER ALL! = 9 This is a Must have game for anyone who owns a gaming platform!!
  9. 4DI
    Nov 18, 2012
    Borderlands 2 will give you a lasting appeal that is equivalent to 10 modern games, and it's not just because of the huge amount of missions. It's everything else that will bring you back again, and again.
  10. Nov 16, 2012
    Borderlands 2 is an amazing loot and shoot game. The multiplayer is outstanding and it never gets old. The characters are better than ever and now have much more personality then in borderlands 1. I was not a fan of borderlands 1 and i was hesitant to pick up borderlands 2 but now i am very happy that i did and it will provide much fun for many many hours to come.
  11. Nov 16, 2012
    Great Game! Im not the biggest Shooter fan but this one really kept me going with its really funny and deep storyline. I recommend it to everyone, whether your a shooter fan or not.
  12. Nov 13, 2012
    Beautiful game, my source of fun during these useless fall months besides running. There is witty and colorful gameplay, and it is such a nice feeling when you find that awesome gun. The characters and NPCs are amazing as well.
  13. Nov 13, 2012
    Borderlands 2 isn't only fun, it's addicting. The story mode can easily take up to 60 hours. The gun system is great, the characters are great, and the story is great. Now take all that greatness and multiply it by 7. That's how good it is doing co-op. Must buy!
  14. Nov 13, 2012
    Terrible awful game designed for 3 year olds. Avoid like the plague just awful awful awful awful cr@p!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  15. Nov 13, 2012
    One of the best games of this generation. Very addicting gameplay, great amount weapons and skills. You cant get bored with the huge amount of content that this games has and you can invest much over 100 hours in this game.
    Coop is a blast and best fun i had in a long time. Woth every penny.
  16. Nov 12, 2012
    Wow. I can't believe this game is so critically acclaimed. After all the hype, I figured I would try it out. What a waste of money that was. I found this game to be boring. Endless fetch quests, boring and cliche story, and annoying characters. I honestly wouldn't recommend buying this game unless you find a game of the year edition in a $10 bargain bin one day, but even then you probablyWow. I can't believe this game is so critically acclaimed. After all the hype, I figured I would try it out. What a waste of money that was. I found this game to be boring. Endless fetch quests, boring and cliche story, and annoying characters. I honestly wouldn't recommend buying this game unless you find a game of the year edition in a $10 bargain bin one day, but even then you probably won't have much fun with it. Expand
  17. Nov 11, 2012
    I will admit that after playing the first Borderlands game I was not impressed. It just didn't resonate with me. The landscape wasn't appealing, the characters were boring stereotypes, and the looting got old real fast. Now Borderlands 2 is here, I bought this game simply because there was nothing else in the store that caught my eye, I am glad to tell you that this game is a bigI will admit that after playing the first Borderlands game I was not impressed. It just didn't resonate with me. The landscape wasn't appealing, the characters were boring stereotypes, and the looting got old real fast. Now Borderlands 2 is here, I bought this game simply because there was nothing else in the store that caught my eye, I am glad to tell you that this game is a big improvement over the first. The characters, graphics, variations in landscape, improved storyline, it all ties together nicely and creates a truly fun scenerio for anyone who enjoys shooters and/or RPG's. It also seems to me to be a more complete game. I strongly suggest that everyone give this game a chance, you won't regret it. Claptrap is still an annoying piece of sh*t and thats why I refuse to give the game a perfect 10, otherwise its fantastic. Expand
  18. Nov 11, 2012
    Borderlands 2 is a great game, a step up from the first. Loads of fun to be had with this game but it does struggle to keep me engrossed as much as i would like it to. I had really high hopes for borderlands 2 and although it met most of them I am still left wanting in places. It is a must buy game, I think it has something for everyone...
  19. Nov 10, 2012
    this is much better than part 1. there actually seems to be a story to it now. the player advancement is more layered and you actually WANT to invest the points in smart ways. and of course the weapon combinations seem neverending, which if you like a looter game, its great!
  20. Nov 9, 2012
    I've always jumped from FPS to RPGs or MMOs.... This game combines both and the co-op is great. It's comical, great graphics.... and best of all.... gun collecting. Remember collecting cards as a kid? In this game you can collect and trade loot...
  21. Nov 6, 2012
    Probably my favorite game this year and one of my top ten favorites of all time. How often does a game make you laugh out loud? However Borderlands 2's multitude of pop culture references are just the sprinkles on top of a meticulously crafted world with hours upon hours of entertainment that never gets stale. The one complaint I have about this game is the fact that co-oping online canProbably my favorite game this year and one of my top ten favorites of all time. How often does a game make you laugh out loud? However Borderlands 2's multitude of pop culture references are just the sprinkles on top of a meticulously crafted world with hours upon hours of entertainment that never gets stale. The one complaint I have about this game is the fact that co-oping online can lead to "stolen" loot. It would be nice if they could implement player specific chests similar to what diablo 3 did with their loot system. Expand
  22. Oct 31, 2012
    Very fun game to play. The new additions of the badass ranks and the customization for your character adds just enough spice from the first Borderlands to make the second game in the series more enjoyable. I cannot say enough about how much fun it is to play this game with friends. You will not be disappointed if your want to online and kill some time with your friends on Pandora. ThisVery fun game to play. The new additions of the badass ranks and the customization for your character adds just enough spice from the first Borderlands to make the second game in the series more enjoyable. I cannot say enough about how much fun it is to play this game with friends. You will not be disappointed if your want to online and kill some time with your friends on Pandora. This is a great way to kill some time with your friends without having to worry about "beating" the game. Expand
  23. Oct 29, 2012
    This game should definetly be a contender for GOTY. Great story and characters, hilarious side missions and Easter eggs and just fun to play. The only reason you shouldn't buy it is if you hate fun.
  24. Oct 29, 2012
    Staying true to its prequel Borderlands 2 still manages to offer the same interesting and addictive gameplay, the areas to explore are great, he characters and missions are downright hilarious and the story is something you will want to see through no matter how many times you die
  25. Oct 28, 2012
    Fun game, built mainly for the co-op, could use more of a story and plot. Haven't really spent much time with this one, though I doubt I'll be striving for the end, already running into frustrating scenarios... Started off as the Assassin class, no sniper-rifle in sight, and I'm already level 5.
  26. Oct 24, 2012
    I didn't like the original Borderlands game at all. Borderlands 2 is a step up though. I never really liked the cartoony style of the games,and it ruined the experience for me. Some people may like it which is fine,but for me I thought that the characters clash horribly with the environments. That is also why I never really enjoyed Final Fantasy 7. That's just me though and my score doesI didn't like the original Borderlands game at all. Borderlands 2 is a step up though. I never really liked the cartoony style of the games,and it ruined the experience for me. Some people may like it which is fine,but for me I thought that the characters clash horribly with the environments. That is also why I never really enjoyed Final Fantasy 7. That's just me though and my score does not reflect the art style what so ever because that would be stupid to give a lower score just for that...This time around the game is a lot better than the first one, that is a given, most sequels today are worse but this one is a big improvement. I give this game a 7 because I just couldn't get into it, same as the first one. The game is not a 10, it is not perfect there are better games out there than this that are not perfect either. I give this game a solid 7. Expand
  27. Oct 19, 2012
    Hands down favorite game of the year. I love when developers take a successful game and really improve it the second time around. Cooler char classes and better weapon designs, plus awesome now mobs and really great new loot concepts overall. The story is great. The humor and pop culture references gives this game its own fun style. The subtle polish is very deep, you can tell this game isHands down favorite game of the year. I love when developers take a successful game and really improve it the second time around. Cooler char classes and better weapon designs, plus awesome now mobs and really great new loot concepts overall. The story is great. The humor and pop culture references gives this game its own fun style. The subtle polish is very deep, you can tell this game is made with love. It's doing so many things right that it's hard to see anything wrong. The only thing you can complain about is if you're one of those people that just hates cel-shading. If so, I feel sorry for you because this game is hundreds of hours of pure fun. Expand
  28. Oct 18, 2012
    Let me say this right off the bat: Borderlands 2 is not a bad game. Borderlands 2 is NOT a bad game!

On the surface, Borderlands 2 is a very good-looking, witty, polished shooter that seems like it would deliver everything the first game had to deliver, and some more. However, beneath that charming exterior lies an extreeeeeemely slow and repetitive shooter that makes anyone with a working gag reflex to put the game down and play with Microsoft Excel instead.

I loved the first Borderlands, I would play and play before sleep (and then not go to sleep), I loved the gameplay; the RPG and the First Person Shooter combination was unlike anything I ever seen, I remember thinking that Borderlands was everything I wanted Fallout 3 to be. So, what went wrong with the sequel?

First of all, do you recall the tutorial section of the first Borderlands where Claptrap escorts you around the bandit camp? That section took around 15 minutes and the game threw you into an open world, giving you a few quests to start yourself off. In Borderlands 2, someone thought it would be a marvelous idea to expand that 15 minutes of tutorial into a span of 2 hours, 2 mundane hours of you going through the same, boring, ice environment, listening to that poor excuse of a "funny little robot" called Claptrap yelling in your ear through the whole thing. I don't know about you, but I didn't find any gameplay in Borderlands 2 before reaching Sanctuary fun in any way shape or form.

Gameplay remains the same as the first Borderlands: Shoot and loot, there are tons of different guns with different stats, you can swap them in and out at any time in your inventory, you can equip different shields and grenade mods too, for those who have played the first game, this will feel familiar to you. Speaking of shoot and loot, the shooting is the main course of the game, it begins to feel repetitive and boring killing the same type of enemy over and over and over, with the occasional "badass" enemy or miniboss thrown in to slow you down, looting remains the same; you go to anything that has a green light and mash the loot button to loot stuff, although, 99% of the time, you won't find anything that's better than what you currently have and you'll end up selling the loot instead, which begs the question of why not just have cash as loot instead in the first place if it's not going to be better items.

My main complaint about Borderlands 2 is how slow the game feels, quests seems to drag on and on over long stretches of maps that feels longer than they should be, and to make maters worse, the quest rewards don't seem to be ever worth it; let me give you an example: I'm level 25 and I need 15k EXP to reach level 26, I look up some quests on the billboard that are around level 23 to level 25, and how much EXP do they give? 1000 EXP? Are you kidding me? That's not even 10% of what I need to reach the next level! The enemies barely give any EXP worth mentioning, so in the end, it's all just a huge waste of time. In the first game, you would be rewarded EXP for completing challenges, so maybe that's why this game feels so slow in the leveling compared to the first, I don't mind the "Badass Tokens" system they implemented in this one for completing challenges, but why can't we have EXP on top of that?

My final gripe of this game is the so-called "humor". I'll be honest, I didn't find the humor in the first game funny, but the writing was tolerable, in Borderlands 2, the developers seemed so pleased with themselves that they decided to rub the humor in so hard that it will forever leave a shameful imprint of claptrap on your face. I watched a stream of someone playing the game for the first time and as soon as the "0 as a number" appeared in the intro, about 15 people in the chat went "Lol, that is so clever!"

...

Not... really... It was kind of uncomfortable to witness and I was surprised my brain didn't slip out of my nostrils to escape further humiliation.

In conclusion, I would say that Borderlands 2 is not worth £40 (I paid £60 for the Collector's Edition...), maybe pick it up at £15 if you really want to, but I say stick with the first game, if you haven't played the first one and you're really aching for a quirky, first person shooter with RPG elements, then I say definitely pick this up.
  29. Oct 18, 2012
    I understand why some people love borderlands 2, however I just couldn't force myself to love it.
    Single player felt a little too difficult for certain classes, while I understand the wants of the multiplayer crowd don't ruin single player in the process.
  30. Oct 17, 2012
    While not as good as the original Borderlands, this is still a pretty good game that only suffers by the consistent dumbing-down of the RPG elements and other details to (supposedly) attract a wider audience. In a game supposedly about loot, there is actually less of it and fewer different types in the sequel, than in Borderlands. Strange but true and this data is backed up on the GearboxWhile not as good as the original Borderlands, this is still a pretty good game that only suffers by the consistent dumbing-down of the RPG elements and other details to (supposedly) attract a wider audience. In a game supposedly about loot, there is actually less of it and fewer different types in the sequel, than in Borderlands. Strange but true and this data is backed up on the Gearbox forums. No more weapon profieicneis, no more gun stats like zooom, recoil or sway, etc. Not all is bad news, and along with the streamlining negatives, the missions are a bit better and the locales more varied, but it can still get boring and Borderlands 2 doesn't manage to hit the same mood or environment level that the original did. Sometimes playing Borderlands, the mood and ambiance was so heavy you almost felt like you were out in a desolate wasteland, but you'll never forget you're playing a videogame with the sequel. There is an old saying that "the Devil's in the details" and by removing so many of the important "details" from the hit original, Gearbox seems to forgotten that. Expand

1. Jan 26, 2014
    What the original Borderlands did so well has been grabbed and near perfected with this sequel. The comedy may be hit and miss, but it thrives on its shooting and loot grabbing. Many hours of fun will await you in Pandora.
    Borderlands 2 is huge, intense and addictive.
  3. Oct 19, 2012
    It's a lengthy adventure full of personality, an endless plethora of weapons, and addictive co-op gameplay. Fans of the first game would be foolish to pass up another chance to visit Pandora and plunder the incalculable treasures therein.