8.2

1. Sep 9, 2014
    This is one of my favorite FPS games, only stays behind Bioshock in my list. Both published by 2K and some of the best FPS games of the last generation!
    Borderlands 2 beats Borderlands, the characters, the DLC, the craziness, this game is amazing and can make you spend countless hours playing solo or coop. A lot more fun in coop but still good to play alone, this game has a great story,
    some plot twists and a lot of hilarious moments and characters (such has Claptrap).
    A mix of FPS and RPG and we have Borderlands 2! I can't have enough of this game and decided to make a review since Borderlands The Prequel is coming.
  2. Sep 3, 2014
    The perfect fusion of RPG and 1st person shooter. It has everything you could want from such a game. Multiple classes, various enemies and (no bazillion guns) dozens of different guns with thousands of stat and appearance differences.

The story line and dialogue is enough to keep you curious and entertained, with a few twists thrown in. Multiplayer in this game is how it should be,
    split screen and online, and even Splitscreen WITH ONLINE at the same time! Something other games should include.

Overall if you like RPG's and Shooters, then this is a game you should at the very least, watch on youtube. It drowns you with fun.
  3. Aug 17, 2014
    Fan-f*cking-tastic. 2k and Gearbox really hit the mark, grabbing its predecessor's potential filled nut sack and squeezing. Hard. It has a great single player or mulitplayer experience (although you ought to play it with friends) with the fantastic Handsome Jack as the villain, who we all love to hate. Knows when and how to make you laugh and is heartbreaking at times. With great and game enhancing DLC, the exciting, witty game Borderlands 2 deserves all the hype. Expand
  4. Aug 11, 2014
    I have never played this game so why am I scoring it? I am scoring this for all of the amazing voice actors in the game from FUNimation! As of today 10 million copies of Borderlands 2 have been shipped worldwide!
  5. Jul 9, 2014
    Borderlands 2 takes what made its prequel a good game and amps it up by a thousand!! The game features 4 brand new characters, that may be inspired by the ones from the first Borderlands, but have completely new abilities and skill trees. This sequel has more guns, more cars, diverse environment, great cameos from characters you know from the first installment, very fun DLC and even 2 new characters!! If you havent played it, get the GOTY Edition, now!! Expand
  6. Jul 8, 2014
    borderlands 2 i a great game with some amazing parts in it and a must buy.graphics are very unique using a cartoon style like no other game.guns wise your never really going to run out with over 7 million guns theirs always something to look for.but at times the story can get a bit drab but always picks back up.so i think borderlands 2 is a great game
  7. Jun 30, 2014
    Borderlands 2 is one HELL OF A GAME. It’s big. It’s bad. And it’s better.

Thrown back into the wonderfully deadly and bizarre world of Pandora, players choose one of the following Vault Hunters to prance around with for the next couple (or shall I say 20-30…) hours. You get to choose from Salvador the Gunzerker who is capable of dual-wielding guns and a master of blowing stuff up,
    Zer0 the Assassin who is able to decoy a hologram and slip into invisibility, Maya the Siren, a woman who has the power to lock enemies in the air (think Mass Effect Biotics…) and lastly Axton the Commando who deploys turrents with ‘have you met my girlfriend?’

Borderlands is a ‘sci-fi western game’. But with Tech. Crazy Folks and one hell of a screwed up antagonist, Handsome Jack. He’s tyrannical, mad and funny. He’s mess with you and play with your head, but hey, that’s fun right?

Gameplay, especially CO-OP is what this whole game is all about. The formula: kill, loot, kill, loot, kill, loot….is insanely addictive and fun when done alongside a couple of friends. The amount of weapons and VARIETY and STYLES out there will simply blow your mind. Guns here come in all shapes, sizes and colours. Some of them will shoot normal bullets. Some of them will shoot electrically charged bullets. Some fire incendiary rounds or those laced with corrosive acid. But some will even turn into grenades, yes that’s right, GRENADES, when you reload them. WTH?! AWESOME?

However, the more players means that there are bigger fights, which ultimately meana that there’s even BETTER loot and COOLER guns!! :)

The only downfall I can think of is the return of bloody Claptrap, the robot that greets our Vault Hunter. I seriously HATE the ‘cheerfulness’ in his voice and wish that I NEVER HELPED HIM FIND HIS EYE! Uggggggghhhhhhh. Die.

The cartoon graphics add a certain je ne sais quoi about it all – contributing to the game’s very distinct look. The script is brilliant and humorous and the soundtrack (especially, the introduction song ‘Short Change Hero – The Heavy) is even more majestic.

Borderlands 2 is a royal success!
  8. Jun 26, 2014
    I still dig the original more, but what the hell... it's still more Borderlands. Am I right? Sh*t, I forgot you need 150 characters to review stuff. Apparently simplicity isn't welcome here. My bad.
  9. Jun 12, 2014
    Fantastic in every way, story is both good and unbelievably funny, game play is really nice, one of the best characters i've seen in a video-game (Claptrap), hundreds and hundreds of guns and loot out there just waiting for you. This game has many hours of fun game play for you and your friends.
  10. Jun 8, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great squeal of borderlands, its funny, entertainment, chaotic, and mayhem.
    The only downside are the lack of replay value, your not able to replay missions after you've done them, not even story missions.

This game is more like you don't want to lose your save files ,as it contains many hours wasted.

Cartoon'ish graphics looks good, weapon handling can be better.
    as a singleplayer experience, its really hard to do so, your kinda forced playing with your friends.

This game gets a 5/10.
  11. May 27, 2014
    It wins game of the **** universe. Its a 69 out of 10. If you disagree i will shove a large black item down your throat. This game cures cancer and aids.
  12. May 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There is not much to say really
    being chased by a midget screaming in a high pitched voice about how hes going to ride you like a bicycle
    BEST GAME EVER
  13. May 19, 2014
    I remember playing the original Borderlands on release. I was excited so much for it because Gearbox had taken so damn long releasing it, and promised so much within it's walls. I was very disappointed to find that much of what I had come to expect was lost to me. But I played it and finished and I'm glad I did. But in the end it still felt empty.

Then, a few years later, word spreads
    of the second outing for the franchise. Borderlands 2 was coming and it had nearly triple the amount of hype the first one did. I was hesitant at first, but after a short while I was engrossed in the trailers, excited by the posters in game stores, and eventually I bought it, once again, on release.

This time, instead of diving straight into coop with a bunch of friends, I went solo. And you know what? I had a blast. I stormed through so much of the game in a relatively small space of time. THAT was what the first was missing. The ability to comfortably move through the game on your own as well as with friends, because at the end of the day, a game is as much for our own personal enjoyment as it is for sharing with your friends.

This was crucial, I believe, in how Borderlands 2 was executed. Now I know not everyone will agree, and that's fine. Borderlands is what you make of it. But to me, the ability to jump in and out of games with friends, without feeling as though I was missing out by going it alone, was a big step for me.

That, combined with the stellar new cast of voice actors for the game breathed new, awesome life into it again. The story was epic, and honestly heartbreaking at times. Both myself and my friends laughed gleefully at several of the superbly presented set pieces in the story. And the villain had got to be one of my all time favourite characters in a game for a long time.

So, without waffling on too much longer, Borderlands 2, even if you haven't played the original, is a damn solid RPG to tackle, with plenty of challenges to overcome, and a whole suite of stuff to experience both on and offline. And, of course, randomized weapons are always a plus in my books.
  14. May 3, 2014
    borderlands 2.. a game where you know if you enjoy it, it is worth every penny. I enjoyed borderlands 2, just a crap load of things to do, I just finished the main story (did about 90% of the side quests in the game), and clocked in just about 3 days total time played, and I have about 10-12 more side quests to finish! The gameplay itself is a first person shoot em up, it also features a lot of comedic moments that I enjoyed. Leveling up and getting rare loot was satisfying (mainly because it's so hard). However to be honest I felt like the weakest part of this game was the rpg elements, I didn't even touch one skill tree, and it is impossible for a casual gamer to even reach the final tier of just one skill tree (it takes too long, and the game can get repititive to some).. but in the end I was still suprised at the length and quality of the length/gameplay that I'm willing to give it a 9. If you enjoy first person shooters definately take a look at the game. Expand
  15. Apr 21, 2014
    this is one of the best cooperative games I have ever played. the characters are eccentric and memorable and there are so many fun weapons. the art is cool, but I feel like its a little bit too comic booky, where it is almost hard on my eyes, and the world is huge, but feels pretty empty, unlike games like skyrim and fallout, I had no interest exploring the world, so it felt almost pointless for it to be so big. Expand
  16. Apr 1, 2014
    The first thing I will say is to STAY AWAY from the dlc's, excluding Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep. They lack a lot of content, and are not worth their price tags. Even the dlc characters are rip-offs, considering how much they suck. Aside from that, this game is literally the definition of fun. You can spend hours upon hours shooting up bad guys with your friends, and never get bored. The game is full of laughs and action, making a game that hits on so many right spots. It took about 26 hours for me to beat the main questline the first time through, but I've played a total of about 200 hours now, after beating it with several characters and playing a bunch of sidequests. Even after those 200 hours, there are dozens of quests that I haven't done.
    Pros: - Gameplay (The action is incredibly fun, and is near perfect)
    - Characters (Both playable and non playable, the characters in Borderlands 2 have well developed personalities and will make you grin with each witty remark)
    - Role-playing (The four classes provide vastly different play styles, which is a great addition to an RPG)
    - Story (Surprisingly, Borderlands 2 has a good story that is brought to life with one of gaming's greatest characters, Handsome Jack)
    - Content (You can spend dozens of hours playing the game, and still have many unfinished side quests)
    - Multiplayer (The online and splitscreen multiplayer has been some of the most fun I've ever had playing a video game)
    Cons: - Repetitive (Though there are hundreds of quests, they do become repetitive)
    Overall, Borderlands 2 is possibly the most fun game you will ever play. Whether you play alone or with friends, you will not want to put the control down. I won't say it's full of quality due to the repetitive nature of its quests, but it's far better than the majority of games I've played. It's also a very well polished game with only a few bugs every now and then.
  17. Mar 25, 2014
    Borderlands 2... Where do I start? This game carries over from the first hit Borderlands, including having some of its characters. The graphics may not be its strong suit, but with animation and it's release date, you cannot expect better graphics. The story has its own twists to it, with added DLC to enhance its gameplay. Limited selection of appearance makes this game a 9, unfortunately this game isn't so diverse with appearance. At least it has more then one playable character, which is a bonus. The skill tree also makes your characters more diverse, making gameplay even better. All around I give this game a 9.5, but the score bar is weird and won't let me do that. Expand
  18. Mar 23, 2014
    Really addictive shooter that has a cool story and great humor ! I laugh out loud a couple of time while playing. I recommend playing it with friends as it's the best coop experience i had in a while.
  19. Mar 20, 2014
    Borderlands 2 is The BEST GAME for PS3. If you enjoyed the first borderlands this game is an improvement in every way. More guns, diversity in landscapes, stellar music, in depth skill trees for characters, and tons and tons of side quests. This is the best game whether going alone or joining in with friends. And afterwards you have some amazing expansions to look forward to.
  20. Mar 11, 2014
    I really like Borderlands 2 and if I owned just one game for the PS3 it would be Borderlands 2, followed by Borderlands 1.

My only complaint is that playing singleplayer is quite tedious and multiplayer over the internet is quite worthless.

But sitting on the couch with a good friend splitscreening Borderlands 2 is the best experience available for the PS3.
  21. Mar 8, 2014
    When I first bought this game it was mainly to play with my friends, but in the end I ended up playing hours and hours just by myself because it was so much fun, the game literally gushes with amazing content whether it's the wide array of weapons on display or the brilliant humour portrayed by amazing voice actors. Also the first ever game I bothered to platinum.
  22. Feb 26, 2014
    This game is my all-time favorite -- between 6 characters to customize, 4 main DLC packs to play through, and all the additional DLC that is being released regularly, I have not been able to quit my devotion.
  23. Feb 9, 2014
    "Borderlands 2" takes everything that made it's predecessor great and amplifies it by ten. It's a highly polished FPS/RPG hybrid that will absorb you and your friends for many hours. With intense combat, a better and funnier story, insane boss battles, more loot, and tons of other improvements, this game is quite literally the perfect sequel. Any issue you could have had with the original has been addressed here, and whether you are playing by yourself or with your friends this game is sure to provide hours of fun. Some technical issues plague the game, occasionally enemy AI would just break and stand there ignoring everything that was going on, but these occurrences are rare. This is an insanely good and well made game that I highly recommend to any gamer regardless of whether or not they played the first. So come one vault hunters, it's time to grab your guns and get playing. This is one trip to Pandora you don't want to miss. Expand
  24. Feb 5, 2014
    Borderlands 2 is an all around fun game. The loot is infinite! Not really but you get the point. there is so much loot. over all the game has an amazing story line with 4 play through's. The mobs have amazing and very fun commentary. And it adds a hole new feel to the game with coop mode. you can trade loot and money with other people, not to mention the risks of dueling Items. over all this is a spectacular game and i cant wait for Borderlands 3. Expand
  25. Jan 30, 2014
    The most overhyped and overrated game of the past few years. Sure, it's pretty, the story is interesting and the dialogues are funny. These quirks don't hold up the game as a whole, mind you.

The early game and beginning levels are fun, challenging and coherent as a whole. As you progress further down the line, you'll notice a pattern; Anything can and will kill you in very cheap ways.
    Bullets shred through your shields as if it wasn't even there, and that is with the best shields you can get for that level. I played it with a friend, and at about L29 (out of 50) we just dropped our controllers and left BL2 for what it is - a poor excuse for a game.

My main point of criticsm comes from mob design point of view. Rather than giving mobs interesting abilities that you have to avoid or deal with, they made them insanely strong. Just for the record - AI with immaculate aim and insane damage is NOT similar to difficulty. It's similar to poor design and lack of creativity.

I did give this game a serious try and it had some serious potential but it messed up insanely hard as the levels progressed. Such a shame, it has so much potential.

All in all it's a meager 5 out of 10 at most.
  26. Jan 11, 2014
    The story is a very basic means to an end especially with all the silly distracting jokes constantly being thrown around. Gameplay-wise, the main quest is heavily padded with a ton of meaningless side-quests similiar to other open-world games like GTA. Graphics are vibrant and the art style has a pleasant cartoonish quality. Playing with friends online will net you the most fun, but once you have done it all there is little reason to play again. Expand
  27. Jan 9, 2014
    Borderlands 2 is a good game, but not great. The graphics are beautiful, the setting is memorable and the guns are insane, but there's definitely a hell of a lot missing. Firstly, there's not much to do in the world, as it is pretty much just collecting ammo, guns, health etc. It feels very linear, even though you have wide open spaces, as the story always leads you in one direction and there's nothing else much to do. I really wanted to like this game, as i'm a big fan of science fiction and FPS, but halfway into the game i'm really getting bored of following a very average storyline with no real substance. It's such a shame, as this could have been legendary. Now if someone can only combine the graphics of Borderlands with the storyline of the Fallout series. . . now THAT would be something special !!! Expand
  28. Nov 25, 2013
    OK, lets get one thing straight: There is a definite improvement from the first game...
    The guns look unique and aren't just colour variations on the last gun you used, they are designed and fell differently from manufacturer to manufacturer, there is a vastly improved plot and multiple mechanics have been greatly improved, and the customization helps you make your character feel like
    it's yours, with the DLC not just adding extra story, but more characters, which spices things up.

However, the amount of loot feels significantly limited and the difficulty can ramp up to hair pulling levels (in the later levels and level increasing DLCs) for casual gamers and those unfamiliar with the mechanics, and this game does have moments where it feels you need friends just to get past a section with the difficulty spikes. And the game feels far more linear than it's more open predecessor, and from time to time somewhat repetitive with little or no reward, like it's predecessor.

In conclusion, do not let this game fall under your radar, you can definitely get hooked to the game and the DLCs add more everything, it will definitely guarantee an enjoyable FPS experience, be it alone or with drop-in/drop-out mulitplayer, with the game even gracing those who come with pals with raid bosses and an ever greater loot fest, with returning fans will most likely enjoy this leap from the original.
  29. Nov 24, 2013
    I used to avoid Borderlands a lot because the art style bugged me. Actually playing the game changed everything and after a while, I even began to like the art style Gearbox chose. There's so much good things you can say about this game. The multiplayer is damn near unparalleled with the online co-op being one of the best that I've played thus far. There's A TON of guns. That's been a major selling point for the franchise for a long time.
    As far as gameplay goes, the combat hasn't changed a whole bunch from the first game with the same ol' "shoot 'em up" mentality in place. That's not necessarily a bad thing because the first game was really good. I just thought that was worth noting.
    One thing that was changed was the presence of the story within the game. The first game didn't have a really compelling story and at first, you may have felt it was absent all together. Borderlands 2 includes a story with a pretty impressive villain (Handsome Jack). While it's hardly "Last of Us" status, it'll keep you going.
    All in all, I loved the game. I'd highly recommend playing it. Also, don't forget to play online!!! I can't stress that enough. Playing with your friend through the campaign is a blast.
  30. Nov 1, 2013
    Borderlands was one of my favorite games of all time because it was just FUN and was entertaining. It had its own atmosphere that was original. It blended RPG and FPS elements and I found it refreshing and well implemented. Borderlands 2 continues this trend with not tinkering too much with the formula, but adding more to just about everything. The story takes awhile to complete and one of the few games I believe that's worth a $60 price tag. Even if the DLC is half as good as the first game's, there is plenty more to be had for this game. There's more story, which will either resonate in different capacities with different people. I liked the mysteriousness of the first game. I gave it a 9 instead of a 10 because this game isn't radically different and therefore the addictive quality of wanting to beat the game multiple times is not there like it was in the first game. Expand
  31. May 3, 2013
    Borderlands 2 war für mich eins der besten spiele des Jahres 2012 ich verstehe nicht wie manche es scheiße finden. Die Spielewelt ist riesig man kann hunderte von Waffen sammeln, kaufen, verkaufen.
    Mit Freunden zusammen spielen usw.. Die Spielewelt umfasst ca. 60 Stunden was recht ordentlich ist.
    Die Mischung auf Shooter und RPG baut super aufeinander auf und wird miteinander verknüpft
    :))
    Das Spiel ist einfach nur geil

1. Jan 26, 2014
    What the original Borderlands did so well has been grabbed and near perfected with this sequel. The comedy may be hit and miss, but it thrives on its shooting and loot grabbing. Many hours of fun will await you in Pandora.
    Borderlands 2 is huge, intense and addictive.
  3. Oct 19, 2012
    It's a lengthy adventure full of personality, an endless plethora of weapons, and addictive co-op gameplay. Fans of the first game would be foolish to pass up another chance to visit Pandora and plunder the incalculable treasures therein.