8.2

1. Feb 9, 2014
    "Borderlands 2" takes everything that made it's predecessor great and amplifies it by ten. It's a highly polished FPS/RPG hybrid that will absorb you and your friends for many hours. With intense combat, a better and funnier story, insane boss battles, more loot, and tons of other improvements, this game is quite literally the perfect sequel. Any issue you could have had with the original"Borderlands 2" takes everything that made it's predecessor great and amplifies it by ten. It's a highly polished FPS/RPG hybrid that will absorb you and your friends for many hours. With intense combat, a better and funnier story, insane boss battles, more loot, and tons of other improvements, this game is quite literally the perfect sequel. Any issue you could have had with the original has been addressed here, and whether you are playing by yourself or with your friends this game is sure to provide hours of fun. Some technical issues plague the game, occasionally enemy AI would just break and stand there ignoring everything that was going on, but these occurrences are rare. This is an insanely good and well made game that I highly recommend to any gamer regardless of whether or not they played the first. So come one vault hunters, it's time to grab your guns and get playing. This is one trip to Pandora you don't want to miss. Expand
  2. Feb 19, 2013
    One of the best co op shooters ever. This game improves on the first in every way. There's more great humor...more claptrap....more narrative, more style, more chaos. It's great to finally see a game company finally bring great co op action back.
  3. Oct 31, 2017
    Un juego muy divertido para jugar con amigos. A mi se me hizo pasado pero se nota que es un buen juego, y si juegas con otros tres amigos la experiencia será mejor.
  4. Feb 10, 2017
    Borderlands 2 takes the first game as a point of departure and slightly improves it in certain aspects, such as the variety of things to do and the storyline, which is richer in my opinion. The combination between action and RPG keeps on working quite well, and playing online is a good point.

Not my favourite first-person shooter, but still a great game.
  5. Feb 23, 2013
    This game is fun as hell. No matter if solo or coop i really enjoy this game when i play it with all the stuff, you can do in this game. The Cel Shading Look of this game really has style and the humour is great.
  6. May 3, 2014
    borderlands 2.. a game where you know if you enjoy it, it is worth every penny. I enjoyed borderlands 2, just a crap load of things to do, I just finished the main story (did about 90% of the side quests in the game), and clocked in just about 3 days total time played, and I have about 10-12 more side quests to finish! The gameplay itself is a first person shoot em up, it also features aborderlands 2.. a game where you know if you enjoy it, it is worth every penny. I enjoyed borderlands 2, just a crap load of things to do, I just finished the main story (did about 90% of the side quests in the game), and clocked in just about 3 days total time played, and I have about 10-12 more side quests to finish! The gameplay itself is a first person shoot em up, it also features a lot of comedic moments that I enjoyed. Leveling up and getting rare loot was satisfying (mainly because it's so hard). However to be honest I felt like the weakest part of this game was the rpg elements, I didn't even touch one skill tree, and it is impossible for a casual gamer to even reach the final tier of just one skill tree (it takes too long, and the game can get repititive to some).. but in the end I was still suprised at the length and quality of the length/gameplay that I'm willing to give it a 9. If you enjoy first person shooters definately take a look at the game. Expand
  7. Sep 27, 2012
    This might end up being the best game of this generation. It is the cross between rpg and shooter that we dreamed of since we first imagined the cross was possible (I though of it when playing halo 2, back in the day). A perfect game. Endlessly smooth gameplay, with a faster pace than the original. I just don't experience any 'I wanna get through this part because it is boring' momentsThis might end up being the best game of this generation. It is the cross between rpg and shooter that we dreamed of since we first imagined the cross was possible (I though of it when playing halo 2, back in the day). A perfect game. Endlessly smooth gameplay, with a faster pace than the original. I just don't experience any 'I wanna get through this part because it is boring' moments here. One of the best games I've ever played. Expand
  8. Apr 21, 2014
    this is one of the best cooperative games I have ever played. the characters are eccentric and memorable and there are so many fun weapons. the art is cool, but I feel like its a little bit too comic booky, where it is almost hard on my eyes, and the world is huge, but feels pretty empty, unlike games like skyrim and fallout, I had no interest exploring the world, so it felt almostthis is one of the best cooperative games I have ever played. the characters are eccentric and memorable and there are so many fun weapons. the art is cool, but I feel like its a little bit too comic booky, where it is almost hard on my eyes, and the world is huge, but feels pretty empty, unlike games like skyrim and fallout, I had no interest exploring the world, so it felt almost pointless for it to be so big. Expand
  9. May 31, 2013
    I really like RPG games like this, the game is awesome fun! That's until after you finish the game's campaign of course. After I finished the game (without co-op) I tried to find other games, unfortunately I found no one available, so I basically had nothing to do. Plus, I'm not looking forward to Borderlands 3, mainly 'cause I hate GB now, and the fact the game gets boring for a while,I really like RPG games like this, the game is awesome fun! That's until after you finish the game's campaign of course. After I finished the game (without co-op) I tried to find other games, unfortunately I found no one available, so I basically had nothing to do. Plus, I'm not looking forward to Borderlands 3, mainly 'cause I hate GB now, and the fact the game gets boring for a while, even with friends. But I (might) consider buying/renting the sequel to this game. Not like I'm going to keep it. Expand
  10. Nov 11, 2012
    I will admit that after playing the first Borderlands game I was not impressed. It just didn't resonate with me. The landscape wasn't appealing, the characters were boring stereotypes, and the looting got old real fast. Now Borderlands 2 is here, I bought this game simply because there was nothing else in the store that caught my eye, I am glad to tell you that this game is a bigI will admit that after playing the first Borderlands game I was not impressed. It just didn't resonate with me. The landscape wasn't appealing, the characters were boring stereotypes, and the looting got old real fast. Now Borderlands 2 is here, I bought this game simply because there was nothing else in the store that caught my eye, I am glad to tell you that this game is a big improvement over the first. The characters, graphics, variations in landscape, improved storyline, it all ties together nicely and creates a truly fun scenerio for anyone who enjoys shooters and/or RPG's. It also seems to me to be a more complete game. I strongly suggest that everyone give this game a chance, you won't regret it. Claptrap is still an annoying piece of sh*t and thats why I refuse to give the game a perfect 10, otherwise its fantastic. Expand
  11. Sep 9, 2014
    This is one of my favorite FPS games, only stays behind Bioshock in my list. Both published by 2K and some of the best FPS games of the last generation!
    Borderlands 2 beats Borderlands, the characters, the DLC, the craziness, this game is amazing and can make you spend countless hours playing solo or coop. A lot more fun in coop but still good to play alone, this game has a great story, some plot twists and a lot of hilarious moments and characters (such has Claptrap).
    A mix of FPS and RPG and we have Borderlands 2! I can't have enough of this game and decided to make a review since Borderlands The Prequel is coming.
  12. Apr 1, 2013
    This game scores 999 out of 1000. I was trying and trying to think of something wrong with the game. Perfect pacing check. Huge world check. Wide room for imagination check. Hilarious check. Then it came to me the title. Borderlands 2? That is the best they could do? How about Beyond Borderlands, The Son, Grandson and Great Nephew of Borderlands or Borderlands Too? That is it, that isThis game scores 999 out of 1000. I was trying and trying to think of something wrong with the game. Perfect pacing check. Huge world check. Wide room for imagination check. Hilarious check. Then it came to me the title. Borderlands 2? That is the best they could do? How about Beyond Borderlands, The Son, Grandson and Great Nephew of Borderlands or Borderlands Too? That is it, that is the only demerit. Expand
  13. Sep 9, 2016
    Everything I look for in a video game. Borderlands 2 features a unique world and a fantastic online community. The loot system in Borderlands 2 is flawless. This game was well thought out and user feedback is taken into consideration. This game is a must buy!
  14. Jun 26, 2014
    I still dig the original more, but what the hell... it's still more Borderlands. Am I right? Sh*t, I forgot you need 150 characters to review stuff. Apparently simplicity isn't welcome here. My bad.
  15. Sep 21, 2012
    My muted pessimism that Gearbox wouldn't be able to follow up to their previous effort was, thankfully, dispelled in the first twenty minutes. It's great. Another, more wholesome, helping of what we enjoyed in Borderlands with some new ideas to play with. Not many, mind you, but certainly enough. Stuck for a shooter this fall? Look no further.
  16. Dec 15, 2012
    This game gave me something the first lacked : storyline. This game is great if you played the first and wanted plot this is the game for you, a drastic improvement over the first. Enjoyable multiplayer and second playthrough is actually really challenging.
  17. Sep 25, 2014
    A great FPS. I loved graphics/arts. It has elements of BioShock. or maybe BioShock has elements of borderlands. Weapons are of different variates and capabilities. You'll never miss a weapon. You'll always have a badass one.
    Enemies are really cool. Even when they die they are still funny :).
    Enemies are really cool. Even when they die they are still funny :).
    I only missed a full RPG elements in this game. I wished I could make decisions and participate in conversations like in Skyrim.
    Happy I was able to play this one without the need to play the original borderlands. Story is connected of course but you can proceed from Borderlands 2 without looking back.
    Highly recommended from a gamer who's not a fan of FPS.
  18. Jan 29, 2015
    I like this game. Its funny, it runs well, its 1 of the better co-op games. It is however more entertaining as a co-op game. Random loot keeps me going. Plenty of conent especially game of the year edition.Really nothing bad to say about it for what it is.
  19. Dec 2, 2012
    Borderlands 2 is everything right with the FPS genre. Everything from the first game was either dramatically improved or slightly improved. Either way, the series is getting way better. The characters, enemies, weapons, shields, etc, still top notch. In many ways Borderlands 2 is the anti COD and MOH. The game has a great sense of humor and a drastically improved story. If you enjoyed theBorderlands 2 is everything right with the FPS genre. Everything from the first game was either dramatically improved or slightly improved. Either way, the series is getting way better. The characters, enemies, weapons, shields, etc, still top notch. In many ways Borderlands 2 is the anti COD and MOH. The game has a great sense of humor and a drastically improved story. If you enjoyed the first, go out and get the second. Also, get the season pass for all of the DLC. I know only two of the four planned have come out, but both are really good and add about another 14-20 hours of play. Expand
  20. Nov 1, 2013
    Borderlands was one of my favorite games of all time because it was just FUN and was entertaining. It had its own atmosphere that was original. It blended RPG and FPS elements and I found it refreshing and well implemented. Borderlands 2 continues this trend with not tinkering too much with the formula, but adding more to just about everything. The story takes awhile to complete and oneBorderlands was one of my favorite games of all time because it was just FUN and was entertaining. It had its own atmosphere that was original. It blended RPG and FPS elements and I found it refreshing and well implemented. Borderlands 2 continues this trend with not tinkering too much with the formula, but adding more to just about everything. The story takes awhile to complete and one of the few games I believe that's worth a $60 price tag. Even if the DLC is half as good as the first game's, there is plenty more to be had for this game. There's more story, which will either resonate in different capacities with different people. I liked the mysteriousness of the first game. I gave it a 9 instead of a 10 because this game isn't radically different and therefore the addictive quality of wanting to beat the game multiple times is not there like it was in the first game. Expand
  21. Mar 23, 2014
    Really addictive shooter that has a cool story and great humor ! I laugh out loud a couple of time while playing. I recommend playing it with friends as it's the best coop experience i had in a while.
  22. dpc
    Sep 19, 2012
    Great game, like the 1st. However, I'm in the minority, I guess, about the new UI. I actually find it unnecessarily busy and not as clear as before, and comparing guns is just as awkward. That said, it's absolutely impossible to put down the controller and not want to push through one more level or pop one more bandit's head off. And few games, if any, make leveling and the RPG angle feelGreat game, like the 1st. However, I'm in the minority, I guess, about the new UI. I actually find it unnecessarily busy and not as clear as before, and comparing guns is just as awkward. That said, it's absolutely impossible to put down the controller and not want to push through one more level or pop one more bandit's head off. And few games, if any, make leveling and the RPG angle feel so immediate and satisfying. The gameplay and animations are stellar as is the sound and music. You can't go wrong with B2 because it really does have something for everyone. Expand
  23. Oct 7, 2014
    This is one of those games were you have a friend come over and sit back and play through an addictive game with amazing graphic style, many many many guns, crazy enemies, and awesome boss battles. Borderlands two is the ultimate game to play with friends. It is still good by yourself but when you are dueling your friends for loot, fighting a boss together, or even bragging about the headsThis is one of those games were you have a friend come over and sit back and play through an addictive game with amazing graphic style, many many many guns, crazy enemies, and awesome boss battles. Borderlands two is the ultimate game to play with friends. It is still good by yourself but when you are dueling your friends for loot, fighting a boss together, or even bragging about the heads you got from a boss is just the best part of it. Expand
  24. May 13, 2013
    Borderlands 2 fixed, improved and added new stuff in a way that it makes it way better than the 1st Borderlands.

Lots of quest and things to do, levels to reach, weapons and character skins to get. This game will keep you occupied. The downside are its very same quests which can feel like a chore and a pain in the ass, some of them are boring and others are repetitive. So far, just

So far, just one of the three DLC's its worth it; Tourge Campaign, the other two are boring and uninteresting as h.ell.
  25. 4DI
    Nov 18, 2012
    Borderlands 2 will give you a lasting appeal that is equivalent to 10 modern games, and it's not just because of the huge amount of missions. It's everything else that will bring you back again, and again.
  26. Nov 3, 2014
    A absolutely good game with a really fun character list a long fun story that keeps you on your feet the whole time. With an amazing bad guy (Handsome Jack) that really wants you to cut his heart out and make him choke on it. With a wide verity of characters there's no possible way to have the same story with each character having different power ups and abilities. Over all a really funA absolutely good game with a really fun character list a long fun story that keeps you on your feet the whole time. With an amazing bad guy (Handsome Jack) that really wants you to cut his heart out and make him choke on it. With a wide verity of characters there's no possible way to have the same story with each character having different power ups and abilities. Over all a really fun majestic master piece of a game. Expand
  27. Oct 29, 2012
    This game should definetly be a contender for GOTY. Great story and characters, hilarious side missions and Easter eggs and just fun to play. The only reason you shouldn't buy it is if you hate fun.
  28. Nov 13, 2012
    One of the best games of this generation. Very addicting gameplay, great amount weapons and skills. You cant get bored with the huge amount of content that this games has and you can invest much over 100 hours in this game.
    Coop is a blast and best fun i had in a long time. Woth every penny.
  29. Mar 26, 2013
    well, I‘m a FPS games fun,well,at first time i see bother lands,it makes me fell happy,the gun,the character,i have to say,it"s one of the best FPS game i"ve ever play,i used play halo,cod,but this time,bother lands gives me great pleasure,thank you take two! you genius always give me surprise,waiting for your new bio shock!
  30. Nov 30, 2014
    It's Borderlands. Fun and addicting. Repetitive at times, yes, but it's so addicting you keep playing. Some glitches when it came out that were gamebreakers, but have since been fixed.
  31. Mar 8, 2014
    When I first bought this game it was mainly to play with my friends, but in the end I ended up playing hours and hours just by myself because it was so much fun, the game literally gushes with amazing content whether it's the wide array of weapons on display or the brilliant humour portrayed by amazing voice actors. Also the first ever game I bothered to platinum.
  32. Sep 22, 2012
    In every way better than its predecessor. There are more ways to build your character, more locations (with more variation), a better storyline, more guns (which are all far more unique than those in the original Borderlands), the characters we all know and love from the first entry in the Borderlands series, and more humour. In conclusion, everything about Borderlands 2 is bigger andIn every way better than its predecessor. There are more ways to build your character, more locations (with more variation), a better storyline, more guns (which are all far more unique than those in the original Borderlands), the characters we all know and love from the first entry in the Borderlands series, and more humour. In conclusion, everything about Borderlands 2 is bigger and better than in the original Borderlands. If you even slightly liked that, you're gonna love this. Expand
  33. Sep 28, 2012
    This game is like a first person diablo with guns. Borderland 2 is RPG meets serious sam. Once you start playing it , you cannot stop. I highly recommend this game.
  34. Sep 18, 2012
    This is a GOTY contender, hands-down! Borderlands 2 Improves on everything such as the UI, which was a big problem in 1. The Skill tree (which is the biggest change), and now you actually feel like you're playing that class to it's full extent, than feeling like you're playing a hybrid class. And the loot system, which I honesty had no problem with, but it works for me here. I still don'tThis is a GOTY contender, hands-down! Borderlands 2 Improves on everything such as the UI, which was a big problem in 1. The Skill tree (which is the biggest change), and now you actually feel like you're playing that class to it's full extent, than feeling like you're playing a hybrid class. And the loot system, which I honesty had no problem with, but it works for me here. I still don't like how the loot system is set up online, because it allocated based upon your own party, which could create problems, if you're working with unknowns in your party. Take a tip from Guild War 2 next time :P. So I HIGHLY recommend you play with your friends, or join a forum which has a sign up sheet or something to meet people instead of pugging it, which 9-10 never ends good all the time. There a couple of bugs and glitches here and there, but nothing seriously major, and 9-10 will be patch up quickly within a month time. Overall I'm having a great time with this game, and if you know people online, it's gets even better, but the solo experience is still great nonetheless. This is a game you shouldn't pass up on, and this officially sets off, the hardcore gaming season. :D Expand
  35. Aug 15, 2013
  36. Dec 28, 2012
    After playing this game for a couple weeks, i can write an honest review now that im maxed level, and i have to say this is a fantastic game that any RPG/FPS fan will love. If you're a fan of the first one, consider this a must buy

Pro's- Amazing world to explore, loot everywhere, cool legendary weapons to collect, fun endgame raid bosses every gun feels different, you can play for 100 hours and never get the same exact gun twice, the game is HILARIOUS and full of references to pop culture, the story is vastly improved over the first, to the point where i wanted to focus purely on the main story to see the ending.

Con's- Issues with maps, i found some of the quests nearly impossible to get too, the map was confusing to read at some points and would result in me searching for hours on how to get to something that according to the map was infront of me, sometimes you will get unlucky and get too many tough enemies that you have to fight at once and it will be impossible to kill them in one life by yourself, so you will find yourself charging in suiciding killing 1 then running back over and over, this is highly annoying but not intolerable.

Overall a great game with minor problems but still a must own.
  37. Sep 21, 2012
    Greatest coop game of all time PERIOD. Beautifully balanced and addictive. I can't imagine how much play testing must have went into this game for it to have come out so great. Trust me: you will not find a better coop game out there. They perfected everything there is to perfect to make the ultimate 2 to 4 player experience.
  38. Sep 30, 2012
    There is only two words that can describe this game. Amazingly epic. The gameplay is perfect, the story is great, and the dialogue is HILARIOUS! This is also my favorite co-op game so far. Its still great even if your a lonely person that has no friends. I've spent about 10 - 15 hrs in this game so far and I don't think I'm even CLOSE to the end of the main story. Don't worry if you beetThere is only two words that can describe this game. Amazingly epic. The gameplay is perfect, the story is great, and the dialogue is HILARIOUS! This is also my favorite co-op game so far. Its still great even if your a lonely person that has no friends. I've spent about 10 - 15 hrs in this game so far and I don't think I'm even CLOSE to the end of the main story. Don't worry if you beet the story too fast, though. There are MANY side missions. Not to mention that there will be four additional DLC packs coming soon. There all also a BAZILLION (literally) guns to collect. Another thing that I should add is that there is the best Easter Egg ever. I don't want to spoil what it is, but if you find it, you will be highly rewarded. There are also some simpler Easter Eggs to find. Have friends or not, this game is definitely worth buying. 10 out of 10! Expand
  39. Aug 10, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is a really well made game. Like most gamers the wold say that the art-style is good and its really smooth gameplay. In Borderlands 2 the story is you play as 4 vault hunters a lot like the first one. Handsome Jake the main villain in the game makes you love to hate him with his funny jokes. CL4P-TR4P is in the game as well withs scooter and much more. i think it is worthy ofBorderlands 2 is a really well made game. Like most gamers the wold say that the art-style is good and its really smooth gameplay. In Borderlands 2 the story is you play as 4 vault hunters a lot like the first one. Handsome Jake the main villain in the game makes you love to hate him with his funny jokes. CL4P-TR4P is in the game as well withs scooter and much more. i think it is worthy of a big 9-10 with loosing 1 for bugs and half of the time getting lost. thats all for now hope you liked this reviews give it a like pleas and ill see you next time Expand
  40. Sep 19, 2012
    Borderlands 2 is a wonderful co-op experience. If you have a healthy friends list and they have the game as well you are going to have a blast. Assuming you played the first edition of Borderlands you know that it is an excellent blend of shooter, comedy, sci-fi, and of course looting. The game is truly imaginative and Borderlands 2 builds on everything that the first one did. The gameBorderlands 2 is a wonderful co-op experience. If you have a healthy friends list and they have the game as well you are going to have a blast. Assuming you played the first edition of Borderlands you know that it is an excellent blend of shooter, comedy, sci-fi, and of course looting. The game is truly imaginative and Borderlands 2 builds on everything that the first one did. The game is still worthwhile and fun if you play single player but to get the most out of it go online, hook up your mic, and play co-op. Outstanding game. Expand
  41. Feb 13, 2013
    Absolutely amazing game...... especially if you have a co-op buddy to play with. Make sure you have great communication though. I played in the same apartment with my girlfriend (rooms right next to each other), so we had great communication. OR you can play split screen with a friend. I never played this game by myself, so I can't give that point of view. Borderlands has always been aAbsolutely amazing game...... especially if you have a co-op buddy to play with. Make sure you have great communication though. I played in the same apartment with my girlfriend (rooms right next to each other), so we had great communication. OR you can play split screen with a friend. I never played this game by myself, so I can't give that point of view. Borderlands has always been a Unique FPS (nothing generic about it). If you love to loot stuff (finding rare weapons and things like that) than this game is definitely for you. Plenty of lasting appeal in this game. Whenever I played this game, it was always online and I have NEVER (no exaggeration) run into any glitches or lag. The missions feel great too, they don't have that feeling where you feel like you're doing the same basic mission over and over again.
    I think people who hate this game are Call of Duty TYPE players who aren't used to the RPG mechanics of leveling up, looting weapons, mods, relics, spending skill points, etc....) All they want is a straight forward game that doesn't confuse them (not that Borderlands 2 RPG elements are confusing, I just think CoD players aren't used to it). If you love leveling up characters and unlocking new abilities, buy this game.
  42. Jul 8, 2014
    borderlands 2 i a great game with some amazing parts in it and a must buy.graphics are very unique using a cartoon style like no other game.guns wise your never really going to run out with over 7 million guns theirs always something to look for.but at times the story can get a bit drab but always picks back up.so i think borderlands 2 is a great game
  43. Sep 3, 2014
    The perfect fusion of RPG and 1st person shooter. It has everything you could want from such a game. Multiple classes, various enemies and (no bazillion guns) dozens of different guns with thousands of stat and appearance differences.

The story line and dialogue is enough to keep you curious and entertained, with a few twists thrown in. Multiplayer in this game is how it should be, split screen and online, and even Splitscreen WITH ONLINE at the same time! Something other games should include.

Overall if you like RPG's and Shooters, then this is a game you should at the very least, watch on youtube. It drowns you with fun.
  44. Oct 13, 2012
    I don't barely see alot of first person with RPG in the industry but however a company named Gearbox made excellent things happened. Borderlands 2 is a sequel to the outstanding 2009 game Borderlands.

STORY: In the original game there wasn't much story going and not an actual antagonist you have to deal with but the borderlands 1 was still lovable to play. In Borderlands 2 the sequel takes place 5 years after the events of the 1st game. After finding out that the vault in pandora was just tentacles the original vault hunters decided to go their seperate ways however, what they didn't know in the vault was actually a resource material called eridium where it spit out precious minerals all over the planet. Hyperion took the mineral and was well known for discovering it despite what the original vault hunters gone through. An antagonist named Handsome Jack want to discover what other vaults could be discovered using the minerals. Thats when Jack wanted every vault hunter who wanted to look for a new vault get killed by him and his army. Four new characters replace the original vault hunters. They are Zero, Maya, Axton, and Salvador each with their own special abilities are trying to prevent Jack from achiving a greater vault.

GAMEPLAY: Still outstanding as ever since the prodecessor. Borderlands 2 offer the 4 new characters their own abilites and how they will play like. Zero's ability is that he can turn invisible like Lilth only that she can turn Dimensonally invisible while Zero is invisible for real where he can go up to anyone unnoticed and deal massive damage on them. Maya is similar to Lilth she is a siren where she can hold enemies with her power and destroy them with elemental abiiltes. Axton resembles alot like Roland where he can throw turrets to give him back up or support on the battlefield. Lastly Salvador is a gunzerker who can dual-wield any gun he wants either a combination of sniper rifle, and rocket launchers or two of each. The amount of guns in the game are 100x more avaliable than the original. You can actually trade with other people either with a second character offline or online. You can trade it regular or by having to duke it out for it.

OVERALL: I don't have any actual negative things to explain on borderlands 2 since it manages to improve itself over the prodecesssor. In all I think Borderlands 2 is one of the best first person RPG games with borderlands 1 of all time
  45. Nov 10, 2012
    this is much better than part 1. there actually seems to be a story to it now. the player advancement is more layered and you actually WANT to invest the points in smart ways. and of course the weapon combinations seem neverending, which if you like a looter game, its great!
  46. Jan 2, 2013
    This is probably one of the better loot grabbing RPG's I have ever played. The graphics are nicely done, but are not for everyone. The game play is great with PLENTY of customization! This game is EASILY worth your money!
  47. Jun 12, 2014
    Fantastic in every way, story is both good and unbelievably funny, game play is really nice, one of the best characters i've seen in a video-game (Claptrap), hundreds and hundreds of guns and loot out there just waiting for you. This game has many hours of fun game play for you and your friends.
  48. Apr 22, 2016
    Ridiculous amounts of guns, constant eye-popping action, vibrant environments, and one of the best villains in video game history. The sequal to borderlands hits on all cylinders and capitalizes on all the mistakes of the original while amplifying all the great parts. I've never played a game that's captured my attention for as long as this game has. 1000+ hours, 15 total play-throughs,Ridiculous amounts of guns, constant eye-popping action, vibrant environments, and one of the best villains in video game history. The sequal to borderlands hits on all cylinders and capitalizes on all the mistakes of the original while amplifying all the great parts. I've never played a game that's captured my attention for as long as this game has. 1000+ hours, 15 total play-throughs, and I still want to dive into the world of Pandora again and kill some more robots.
    Adding onto the original game, which was criticized for monotonous environments, borderlands 2 offers everything from acid-flooded grounds of the caustic caverns to the to the ice-covered walls of the fridge, any complaints about monotonous environments has been blown out of the water by this game
    as far as amplifying the great parts of the original, combat in this game has been overhauled and added massive amounts of color and explosives to guns and bullets and combat as a whole. And while I'm mentioning combat, Enemy types vary incredibly in borderlands 2. Marauders to massive insects to invisible stalkers to powerful robots, fill the world to the brim just to mention a few, of course I'm forgetting to mention the threshers, rakks, skags, and the Hyperion cooperation's goons.
    Now I should mention Handsome Jack. Handsome Jack takes the cake for my favorite villain in video game history. Witty insults, convoluted schemes, and just plain awesomeness make This bad guy, king of bad guys in my mind.
  49. Oct 28, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is/was a fantastic sequel to surprise hit Borderlands.
    Gearbox did something alot of companies neglect to do... listen to the gamers, they spent copious time scrolling through user forums to get an idea of what the public wanted improvements on.
    The biggest things to come out of it were the Interface and the storytelling. Borderlands 1 had the vaguest of stories and mainly
    Borderlands 2 is/was a fantastic sequel to surprise hit Borderlands.
    The biggest things to come out of it were the Interface and the storytelling.
    Borderlands 1 had the vaguest of stories and mainly focused on loot and epic battle sequences and mad a note of emphasizing the multiplayer fun factor.
    Borderlands is the classic example of tweaking a winning formula to make it even better.
    The narrative is fantastic, the writers did a fantastic job creating a believable and engaging story.
    While also making references and building on stories from the first game, creating wonderful links between the two stories, this is mainly done by interactions with the non playable characters of the Original 4 Vault Hunters.
    The New 4 are basically the same, with the exception of the Assassin, who is basically all stealth.
    Gunzerker is basically a dual wielding Bezerker.
    The biggest improvements made are the skill tree's and the customisation of each character.
    The dialogue is still humerous and witty, The AI of the enemies is greatly improved and with every boss battle it feels like you are doing something challenging and that you truly are contributing to the restoration of Pandora. All in all this game ads bells and whistles to a winning formula, without depriving of the original charm, the Single Player Campaign can become a little boring because the real fun is playing two player. This game is among the greatest of this generation.
  50. Oct 12, 2012
    So far it's THE best game of 2012. It proves once again that you don't need to revamp whole game for the sake of making it better. It expands over Borderlands 1 with better story, more enemies, more guns, new characters and cool writing. What's really makes it amazing it how it tops Skyrim in all points, where it failed. Where Skyrim falls into generic structure, Borderlands delivers newSo far it's THE best game of 2012. It proves once again that you don't need to revamp whole game for the sake of making it better. It expands over Borderlands 1 with better story, more enemies, more guns, new characters and cool writing. What's really makes it amazing it how it tops Skyrim in all points, where it failed. Where Skyrim falls into generic structure, Borderlands delivers new content till the last minute of gameplay. And, I must say, gameplay isn't short one. For quick reference it has 18-20 main quests and 108 side quests. And it's only beginning, since exploration doesn't stops with side quests. What makes it truly amazing, that even the smallest quests are thought through and most have absolutely different backstories / structure. As for gameplay, controls are smooth and funny and development of skills only expands it. I can only root for it to become GOTY, since for me, it was unforgettable journey. I hope we see more of Pandora in DLCs soon. Expand
  51. May 3, 2013
    Perfect in almost every way, shape, and form, Borderlands 2 easily kicks the ass of most traditional FPS games (save Bioshock and Half-Life 2,) and delivers an amazing ride the whole time.

Combat is a fast-paced mix of run and gun mixed with using your characters unique action skill. Admittedly, some characters have the edge over others (Axton and Gaige have a better chance in a firefight than Maya,) but this can be explained due to the fact that these characters can be used in support roles.

In terms of story, Borderlands 2 delivers much more than its previous entry. Handsome Jack and all the characters you meet may be some of the funniest and most clever characters I've met in a game. With personalities varied from the crazy yet adorable Tiny Tina, to the just plain crazy yet somehow sane Dr. Zed, you will have an absolute blast seeing these characters in action. I am really, truly glad that Borderlands 2 ditches for the most part, the "never see anyone except the bulletin and Claptrap" method of thinking for a more personal experience with the people you go on missions for.

Guns are the main part of the game, and they are much improved in terms of looks over Borderlands 1. Each manufacturer has a different style, and you can instantly tell who a gun is made by just by looking at it. This flare of style makes finding the guns much more satisfying.

With good fun, good story, and good guns, Borderlands 2 is one of the rare few games that can almost do no wrong. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the psycho-fueled fun!
  52. Oct 19, 2012
    Hands down favorite game of the year. I love when developers take a successful game and really improve it the second time around. Cooler char classes and better weapon designs, plus awesome now mobs and really great new loot concepts overall. The story is great. The humor and pop culture references gives this game its own fun style. The subtle polish is very deep, you can tell this game isHands down favorite game of the year. I love when developers take a successful game and really improve it the second time around. Cooler char classes and better weapon designs, plus awesome now mobs and really great new loot concepts overall. The story is great. The humor and pop culture references gives this game its own fun style. The subtle polish is very deep, you can tell this game is made with love. It's doing so many things right that it's hard to see anything wrong. The only thing you can complain about is if you're one of those people that just hates cel-shading. If so, I feel sorry for you because this game is hundreds of hours of pure fun. Expand
  53. Jun 8, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great squeal of borderlands, its funny, entertainment, chaotic, and mayhem.
    The only downside are the lack of replay value, your not able to replay missions after you've done them, not even story missions.

This game is more like you don't want to lose your save files ,as it contains many hours wasted.

Cartoon'ish graphics looks good, weapon handling can be better.
    as a singleplayer experience, its really hard to do so, your kinda forced playing with your friends.

This game gets a 5/10.
  54. Mar 30, 2013
    Borderlands 2 follows the story of 4 new vault hunters looking for the key to the vault. Our 4 previous protagonists make a return in this game with a surprise for each of them installed. An amazing attribute to one of the greatest game series in history. A deadly art style that deserves the word 'deadly'! What, CoD has 50 or so weapons, oh, that's cool. Borderlands 2 has like a bazillion,Borderlands 2 follows the story of 4 new vault hunters looking for the key to the vault. Our 4 previous protagonists make a return in this game with a surprise for each of them installed. An amazing attribute to one of the greatest game series in history. A deadly art style that deserves the word 'deadly'! What, CoD has 50 or so weapons, oh, that's cool. Borderlands 2 has like a bazillion, all with there own cool twists. Much greater gun designs than the first with more extravagant bosses. Great set of characters to meet and a load of jokes to keep you smiling. A fantastic, funny, extreme, explosive action-tearing game. Expand
  55. Dec 14, 2012
    When I first tried playing borderlands 1 I didn't like it very much. But then my friend told me that borderlands 2 is refined installment that I definitely have to try. And I have to say it was worth it. You will get lost in time looting billions of chests and finding nice loot. You will also shoot guys...endlessly. And the best part is that it never really gets boring. Enemies are fun toWhen I first tried playing borderlands 1 I didn't like it very much. But then my friend told me that borderlands 2 is refined installment that I definitely have to try. And I have to say it was worth it. You will get lost in time looting billions of chests and finding nice loot. You will also shoot guys...endlessly. And the best part is that it never really gets boring. Enemies are fun to kill and you have a lots of ways to kill them. It doesn't feel like shooter for stupid people. If your enemies are the same level as you it will be challenging. You will have to take cover and if you won't you will find yourself in second wind praying that you will survive. Borderlands is also heavily based on co-op which is big part of game. It is more fun be prepared that if you don't play with your friends your teammates can be very annoying sometimes and you will find yourself switching from game to game. If you like fancy weapons, funny dialogues, bloody limbs, and goofy robots this game is FOR YOU. Expand
  56. Oct 11, 2013
    I was initially disappointed but kept playing, then it all made sense, the level design and gameplay keeps improving and some of the details are astounding. I played as commando and used the turret skill, I don't regret it at all, this is the best game of this type I have ever played.
  57. Jun 30, 2014
    Borderlands 2 is one HELL OF A GAME. It’s big. It’s bad. And it’s better.

Borderlands 2 is one HELL OF A GAME. It’s big. It’s bad. And it’s better.

Thrown back into the wonderfully deadly and bizarre world of Pandora, players choose one of the following Vault Hunters to prance around with for the next couple (or shall I say 20-30…) hours. You get to choose from Salvador the Gunzerker who is capable of dual-wielding guns and a master of blowing stuff up, Zer0 the Assassin who is able to decoy a hologram and slip into invisibility, Maya the Siren, a woman who has the power to lock enemies in the air (think Mass Effect Biotics…) and lastly Axton the Commando who deploys turrents with ‘have you met my girlfriend?’

Borderlands is a ‘sci-fi western game’. But with Tech. Crazy Folks and one hell of a screwed up antagonist, Handsome Jack. He’s tyrannical, mad and funny. He’s mess with you and play with your head, but hey, that’s fun right?

Gameplay, especially CO-OP is what this whole game is all about. The formula: kill, loot, kill, loot, kill, loot….is insanely addictive and fun when done alongside a couple of friends. The amount of weapons and VARIETY and STYLES out there will simply blow your mind. Guns here come in all shapes, sizes and colours. Some of them will shoot normal bullets. Some of them will shoot electrically charged bullets. Some fire incendiary rounds or those laced with corrosive acid. But some will even turn into grenades, yes that’s right, GRENADES, when you reload them. WTH?! AWESOME?

However, the more players means that there are bigger fights, which ultimately meana that there’s even BETTER loot and COOLER guns!! :)

The only downfall I can think of is the return of bloody Claptrap, the robot that greets our Vault Hunter. I seriously HATE the ‘cheerfulness’ in his voice and wish that I NEVER HELPED HIM FIND HIS EYE! Uggggggghhhhhhh. Die.

The cartoon graphics add a certain je ne sais quoi about it all – contributing to the game’s very distinct look. The script is brilliant and humorous and the soundtrack (especially, the introduction song ‘Short Change Hero – The Heavy) is even more majestic.

Borderlands 2 is a royal success!
  58. Aug 11, 2014
    I have never played this game so why am I scoring it? I am scoring this for all of the amazing voice actors in the game from FUNimation! As of today 10 million copies of Borderlands 2 have been shipped worldwide!
  59. Nov 5, 2016
    Personajes carismáticos, muchos lugares que explorar, cientos de armas, cooperativo online, muchas secundarias divertidas, miles de cosas por hacer una vez terminada la historial principal...JUEGAZO
  60. Sep 22, 2012
    I was a huge fan of the original and played it and the DLC through multiple times so I have been excited about this game for a while. I was also nervous it would not live up to my impossibly high expectations (especially after how crushed I felt after ME3). I've played about 15 hours so far and I need not have worried. This game is incredible. Graphically, the first thing you notice isI was a huge fan of the original and played it and the DLC through multiple times so I have been excited about this game for a while. I was also nervous it would not live up to my impossibly high expectations (especially after how crushed I felt after ME3). I've played about 15 hours so far and I need not have worried. This game is incredible. Graphically, the first thing you notice is that this game is alot more colourful than the first. The controls seem more robust too. And split screen online co-op is brilliant. Something that's been missing from the first game. If you love shooters, buy this game. If you're sick of shooters, buy this game. If you've ever enjoyed a loot based adventure game like Diablo 2 or Phantasy Star Online, buy this game. If you aren't sure if it's for you, then rent it. I guarantee you though that 5 days won't be enough time for you to fully enjoy everything this amazing game has to offer. Enjoy. Expand
  61. Sep 20, 2012
    An excellent game overall. Everything the fans were expecting and more. Great visuals, HUGE gun selection, long and awesome story-line... just awesome. Gearbox truly optimized everything possible without sacrificing anything. One of the best game purchases i have ever made..I honestly don't know why anyone is commenting here instead of playing.
  62. Sep 24, 2012
    Borderlands 2 is a more refined version of Borderlands. Essentially, if you liked Borderlands, you will probably like Borderlands 2. The gameplay is very similar, but there have been a lot of small improvements that really change a lot(the biggest improvement to me is that you can walk over ammo or money on the ground and automatically pick it up instead of having to click on it.)

The

The one noticeable flaw for me was in multiplayer. The flaw is that the loot is still shared loot. If you are playing as a sniper character and playing with strangers, you have a very negligible chance of being able to pick up any loot whatsoever. It's not a gamebreaking flaw, by any means, but I would have liked to see individual loot in the multiplayer.
  63. Feb 20, 2013
  64. Mar 19, 2013
    I give Borderlands 2 a 9/10 because it's fun, graphically nice, tons of sidequests, tons of loot(weapons,shield & character specific items) & the fact that Gearbox keeps the DLC. coming is a huge plus. Recently a new vault hunter was announced & an increased level cap beyond 50. The reason I believe that players think the game can be repetitive is because if you do not have all of the docI give Borderlands 2 a 9/10 because it's fun, graphically nice, tons of sidequests, tons of loot(weapons,shield & character specific items) & the fact that Gearbox keeps the DLC. coming is a huge plus. Recently a new vault hunter was announced & an increased level cap beyond 50. The reason I believe that players think the game can be repetitive is because if you do not have all of the doc you will need to repeat some missions with a 2nd playthrough in order to work towards level 50; I have 3 DLC mission packs and before completing my first playthrough I had gained a level 36, the second time around you can choose a new mode called true vault hunter mode where you get tougher enemies & better loot; few enemies have new variations but it keeps you on your toes. The game is beat experienced with 4 friends, if you're a loner or are stuck with RANDOMS who hog all the loot then you're going to have a really bad experience and possibly a hard time finishing the game.
    This game was meant to be played with friends and it has tons to offer if you're willing to do even the boring side quests. Like any game which relies on main and side quests, you have to really dive into them to enjoy the game and get a better understanding of what is actually going on in that world. Very few console titles in this genre can do what Borderlands 2 does so kudos to the developers for keeping up the good work and still supporting it's community with new DLC.
  65. Oct 17, 2012
    Come on guys, I really understand that a lot of you LOVE this game, but everyone giving it a 10 is just unrealistic. I generally give this game an 8. It was a very good game to me. It does what it sets out to do and that is to give players a worth while first person shooter experience with a comic side to it. I have mixed feelings about the cell shading. On one side of the coin, itCome on guys, I really understand that a lot of you LOVE this game, but everyone giving it a 10 is just unrealistic. I generally give this game an 8. It was a very good game to me. It does what it sets out to do and that is to give players a worth while first person shooter experience with a comic side to it. I have mixed feelings about the cell shading. On one side of the coin, it gives the game that "comic book" feel and makes it more fictional and really sets the environment up, On the other side, its a "been there, done that" easy way to texture. I really wish someone would come up with a new way to sell comic book style games without using cell shading, its quite predictable.. On another negative note, the game was sorely repetitive. Go here, kill that, loot this, get reward, rinse and repeat. Now that i got all the negative out of the way, this game was a wonderful time waster. When I was bored I knew i could turn on BL2 and have a good, ol' fashioned killing spree and be rewarded for it. The main story line was good, not great, but good enough that I wanted to complete it. They expanded on the dialogue from the first game in a comically gritty way and in more than one occasion I would burst out laughing at a funny quip or witty sentence. I also really liked how they made the bad guy believe he was the good guy. A good reversal complex on the bad guy added to his anger when you succeed because according to him "bad guys are supposed to lose". One thing I would have love to see added to the game is a romance section. While I know this sounds a little ridiculous to some, I think it would have given the main character a little more drive to complete his goal other than "Just because he/she's a vault hunter". Please don't confuse "romance" with "interactive romance" for I know that wouldn't fit into the genre. A scripted romance would have gone a long way in giving me more motive in my humble opinion. Expand
  66. Oct 12, 2013
    This game is beautiful, one of my most favorite games of all times. Looting and Shooting has never been so fun! I doubt anyone will ever do it better. The game is huge, long and fun all the way through. Plus its multiplayer up to 4 people, You can play the whole game with up to 3 friends! If your a hardcore Looting game fan this game is for you, I'm not a fan of shooters, I don't play callThis game is beautiful, one of my most favorite games of all times. Looting and Shooting has never been so fun! I doubt anyone will ever do it better. The game is huge, long and fun all the way through. Plus its multiplayer up to 4 people, You can play the whole game with up to 3 friends! If your a hardcore Looting game fan this game is for you, I'm not a fan of shooters, I don't play call of duty or halo. This is my shooter of choice. Open world, great story, awesome gameplay, beautiful graphics, beast multiplayer that actually makes it more fun to play with other players. I cannot recommend this game more! Expand
  67. Jul 9, 2014
    Borderlands 2 takes what made its prequel a good game and amps it up by a thousand!! The game features 4 brand new characters, that may be inspired by the ones from the first Borderlands, but have completely new abilities and skill trees. This sequel has more guns, more cars, diverse environment, great cameos from characters you know from the first installment, very fun DLC and even 2 newBorderlands 2 takes what made its prequel a good game and amps it up by a thousand!! The game features 4 brand new characters, that may be inspired by the ones from the first Borderlands, but have completely new abilities and skill trees. This sequel has more guns, more cars, diverse environment, great cameos from characters you know from the first installment, very fun DLC and even 2 new characters!! If you havent played it, get the GOTY Edition, now!! Expand
  68. Oct 29, 2012
    Staying true to its prequel Borderlands 2 still manages to offer the same interesting and addictive gameplay, the areas to explore are great, he characters and missions are downright hilarious and the story is something you will want to see through no matter how many times you die
  69. Jan 12, 2013
    Its Borderlands, not different from the first one much, though the weapons are a little more diverse and the plot gets going quicker which is good being the first one was a little too spaced between the fun moments. The problem I have with the game is that you see a camp of baddies, you shoot one and they all go nuts, you kill them, you move forward and more baddies spawn, repeat aIts Borderlands, not different from the first one much, though the weapons are a little more diverse and the plot gets going quicker which is good being the first one was a little too spaced between the fun moments. The problem I have with the game is that you see a camp of baddies, you shoot one and they all go nuts, you kill them, you move forward and more baddies spawn, repeat a thousand times more add some boss battles and you got the whole game. But its still enjoyable, just as Skyrim was good for at least 50 hours before you realized that you are just stuck in a loop, and by then you got your moneys worth unlike most games released. Expand
  70. Apr 25, 2013
    Wow this game is the only other game that I have played through twice. This game is amazing. Don't listen to the idiotic reviewers that only play games for graphics steer you off the games path. This game has its own art style and I respect and love it, it matches the games theme.
  71. Nov 24, 2013
    I used to avoid Borderlands a lot because the art style bugged me. Actually playing the game changed everything and after a while, I even began to like the art style Gearbox chose. There's so much good things you can say about this game. The multiplayer is damn near unparalleled with the online co-op being one of the best that I've played thus far. There's A TON of guns. That's been aI used to avoid Borderlands a lot because the art style bugged me. Actually playing the game changed everything and after a while, I even began to like the art style Gearbox chose. There's so much good things you can say about this game. The multiplayer is damn near unparalleled with the online co-op being one of the best that I've played thus far. There's A TON of guns. That's been a major selling point for the franchise for a long time.
    As far as gameplay goes, the combat hasn't changed a whole bunch from the first game with the same ol' "shoot 'em up" mentality in place. That's not necessarily a bad thing because the first game was really good. I just thought that was worth noting.
    One thing that was changed was the presence of the story within the game. The first game didn't have a really compelling story and at first, you may have felt it was absent all together. Borderlands 2 includes a story with a pretty impressive villain (Handsome Jack). While it's hardly "Last of Us" status, it'll keep you going.
    All in all, I loved the game. I'd highly recommend playing it. Also, don't forget to play online!!! I can't stress that enough. Playing with your friend through the campaign is a blast.
  72. Oct 2, 2012
    Everything from Borderlands 1 that made it good, plus. Story is OK (not first class, but OK) with a twist or two. The combat feels dead on (although stalkers piss me off), and the jump-in anywhere multiplayer is flawless. Oh yeah, and whoever did the comedic writing deserves some kind of award. I found myself,even playing the game alone, actually laughing out loud on several occasions, andEverything from Borderlands 1 that made it good, plus. Story is OK (not first class, but OK) with a twist or two. The combat feels dead on (although stalkers piss me off), and the jump-in anywhere multiplayer is flawless. Oh yeah, and whoever did the comedic writing deserves some kind of award. I found myself,even playing the game alone, actually laughing out loud on several occasions, and not many comedy movies or games can do that. Everything that a sequel should be, and nothing that it shouldn't. The only small detail I would change is Zero's melee skill tree. For a game that focuses on such a vast list of random weapon loot, having a skill tree that almost completely ignores this feels a little wrong. Maybe a skill that infuses his melee with whatever effects/stats his current weapon has? Maybe I just didn't look hard enough. Expand
  73. Jan 6, 2013
    Diablo in FPS form. But 2K doesn't develop free DLC for this game and i have no idea why (money obviously, but for Borderlands 1 they were free DLCs).
  74. Jan 14, 2013
    After finishing Borderlands 2 - platinum trophy and everything - I have to say that it is my game of the year hands down. I will try to put my praise and criticism in an orderly fashion. First off: this is a game that unfolds most of its potential, when played in multiplayer mode. As with a lot of games that are designed for online play it is a very gratifying experience to play within aAfter finishing Borderlands 2 - platinum trophy and everything - I have to say that it is my game of the year hands down. I will try to put my praise and criticism in an orderly fashion. First off: this is a game that unfolds most of its potential, when played in multiplayer mode. As with a lot of games that are designed for online play it is a very gratifying experience to play within a group of capable players. The skilltrees for all classes are more centered and really influence the way you play without being too restricting, in my opinion. The returning classes of Siren and Commando are more strongly focused on their respective action skills. The new classes of Gunzerker and Assassin seem more complicated at first but are actually quite accessable. In any case you can reset your skillpoints if you feel like it.
    What I really liked about the game is that it takes most of what made Borderlands 1 did well and improves on that. The mentioned focus on multiplayer gaming has been improved; I found it easier to find a game I could join and if a friend is online you can easily join their game without them having to leave their session and send complicated invites. One of the more annoying bits occured when I hosted a game with random players. They all were capable players and it was a fun game but when one of them turned in a quest for me I did not get the reward item. I do not know if this bug has been fixed.
    In general there is a lot of reasons why one would replay the game once the final boss has been deposed of. There is at least one quest you will not have done by then and a second harder and more satisfying - as far as xp and weapons are concerned - play-mode becomes available. In this mode you tend to die more easily when playing alone, which can be bothersome (although the fight for your life phase has been improved: now you are able to move, although slowly). One of the features that have you playing on and on is the random dropping of equipment, you can always improve on your stuff. Also there are challenges that have you coming back.
    In general Borderlands 2 is a great game for those who liked the first part - there is a ton of insider-jokes for those - and those who like a shooter with some very basic rpg-elements. If you did not like the first Borderlands you most likely won't like part 2, although you might want to give it a try. I found it brilliant and fun.
  75. Jan 28, 2013
    It has everything that a shooter game should have, combined with RPG elements and one of the best campaigns ever! It also come with an exceptional voice acting and its characters are awesome i mean that except from Joker there is no other villain that can be compared to handsome Jack and Claptrap is one of the funniest characters ever! To sum up this game is a must for every ps3 gamer!
  76. Feb 5, 2014
    Borderlands 2 is an all around fun game. The loot is infinite! Not really but you get the point. there is so much loot. over all the game has an amazing story line with 4 play through's. The mobs have amazing and very fun commentary. And it adds a hole new feel to the game with coop mode. you can trade loot and money with other people, not to mention the risks of dueling Items. over allBorderlands 2 is an all around fun game. The loot is infinite! Not really but you get the point. there is so much loot. over all the game has an amazing story line with 4 play through's. The mobs have amazing and very fun commentary. And it adds a hole new feel to the game with coop mode. you can trade loot and money with other people, not to mention the risks of dueling Items. over all this is a spectacular game and i cant wait for Borderlands 3. Expand
  77. Feb 22, 2016
    It seems as if the Borderlands games are always going to to be more fun playing co-op (which I prefer anyway). Playing the game solo was tedious and quickly became a chore. I switched over to co-op and played with a friend and the game became a lot more fun. The game developers do such a great job with music choice and I love their sense of humor. As with the first one, the graphics grewIt seems as if the Borderlands games are always going to to be more fun playing co-op (which I prefer anyway). Playing the game solo was tedious and quickly became a chore. I switched over to co-op and played with a friend and the game became a lot more fun. The game developers do such a great job with music choice and I love their sense of humor. As with the first one, the graphics grew on my overtime and I quickly became a fan. I do think that this game was too similar to the first and I felt as if I was playing the first game over again. I recommend this game to everyone- play with a friend or in co-op though. Expand
  78. Sep 18, 2012
    This game is great. Must buy. I dont wan to spoil it so i don't want to talk about it. I have to say something to the dude above me ^^^JabbaTheSlutsh
    Just because a game announces future DLC doesn't allow you to hate the developers. The game has all the content you need. If you liked it so much you would buy the future ones. On the other hand, I wouldn't blame you if they had ON DISK DLC. THAT IS a pisoff because you are buying things that are "locked" in your disk. (games like saints row 3, and Street Fighter vs Tekken. L
  79. Oct 2, 2012
    One of if not the best RPG's of this generation. This is one of the only games to have made me laugh 2K sure like their sick humour ;) If you liked the original borderlands you will like this game without a doubt it expands on it in every way. Another unusual bonus about this game is as the story progresses you build up a hate towards all of the enemies and get a great satisfaction onceOne of if not the best RPG's of this generation. This is one of the only games to have made me laugh 2K sure like their sick humour ;) If you liked the original borderlands you will like this game without a doubt it expands on it in every way. Another unusual bonus about this game is as the story progresses you build up a hate towards all of the enemies and get a great satisfaction once you finally finish them off. Expand
  80. Oct 6, 2012
    This game doesn't do anything particularly risky. What it does is takes a successful formula and gives it a little extra unique flavor. The gun variety has and story have both been greatly improved. Character class diversity has the same level of quality and entertainment value as the previous title. Characters and environments are much more diverse and satisfying this time around. TheThis game doesn't do anything particularly risky. What it does is takes a successful formula and gives it a little extra unique flavor. The gun variety has and story have both been greatly improved. Character class diversity has the same level of quality and entertainment value as the previous title. Characters and environments are much more diverse and satisfying this time around. The bada** ranking system is a welcome edition and adds an extra layer of customization and replay value. A few small issues were overlooked, such as the the lack of a gps system to guide you on the map, but overall still one of the best games of the year. Expand
  81. Oct 8, 2012
    Borderlands 2 is what a sequel should be, bigger, faster, funnier, longer. Graphically It 's no Killzone 3, Uncharted 3 or Skyrim, but the gameplay, cast, soundtrack,dialogue, guns, skills and story are stellar. Add in some crazy replay value, fun 2-4 player coop, a promise of Future DLC and we have a serious GOTY contender.
  82. Nov 13, 2012
    Beautiful game, my source of fun during these useless fall months besides running. There is witty and colorful gameplay, and it is such a nice feeling when you find that awesome gun. The characters and NPCs are amazing as well.
  83. Dec 16, 2012
    The graphics and gameplay are solid, the co-op system extends the already high replayability of the game (One might say it's the main feature) and the game itself is very enjoyable. One of the best releases of 2012. However I strongly recommend having friends, and if you want a deep story look elsewhere because the focus of Borderlands 2 is gameplay.
  84. Apr 27, 2013
    Best game of 2012. One of the best rpg shooters ever made. The dlc's they put out is simply amazing. Voice acting is great, characters are outstanding, and there is literally a bazillion of different guns.
  85. Jun 21, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is, at its core, AWESOME!
    Borderlands 2 is, at its core, AWESOME!
    I don't especially mean that in a way that it is a game of great quality or general excellence (which it is) but what I mean my awesome and what makes it such and pleasure to play is the attitude of dark humorous fun. Everything from the art style to the hilarious characters just screams crazy. Its no master class on how to make a complex powerful fps or rpg but it take the aspects that people have the most enjoyment from both and puts a spin their own spin on it and in the end it makes for not just a fantastic game but one of the best examples of either an fps or an rpg that I can think of.
  86. Jan 1, 2015
    Borderlands 2 is one of those titles that make a new game that for once changes the graphics to make your boring old FPS look fresh again.The thing that I can't stand is the graphics there so amazing and really changes things.Let me talk about game(this does not contain spoilers)the games antagonist is funny and gets on your nerves he's not your typical boss that always you have to killBorderlands 2 is one of those titles that make a new game that for once changes the graphics to make your boring old FPS look fresh again.The thing that I can't stand is the graphics there so amazing and really changes things.Let me talk about game(this does not contain spoilers)the games antagonist is funny and gets on your nerves he's not your typical boss that always you have to kill and that's it he annoys you the entire way through making fun of you.In conclusion there's a lot to do and this is a must own game. Expand
  87. Sep 19, 2012
    This is for the RPG fans who don't play shooters. Like you, I was skeptical. In fact, I still wouldn't play COD on a dare. But Borderlands 2 is different. It will latch on to the min/maxing, loot seeking, customizing pleasure centers in your brain just like Skyrim or Dragon Age. Then it will take your stat obsessed customization and reward you with visceral badassery. This is likeThis is for the RPG fans who don't play shooters. Like you, I was skeptical. In fact, I still wouldn't play COD on a dare. But Borderlands 2 is different. It will latch on to the min/maxing, loot seeking, customizing pleasure centers in your brain just like Skyrim or Dragon Age. Then it will take your stat obsessed customization and reward you with visceral badassery. This is like rewarding sex with chocolate, or vice versa. So do yourself a favor: look past your skepticism and buy this game. Take five hours to work through the learning curve. Then pat yourself on the back for a great decision. Expand
  88. Oct 2, 2012
    WHY? Why is the user score an 8.6? I'm very confused. Borderlands 2 is simply one of the best games I have ever played, if not thee best game I have ever played. Borderlands 1 is a close second.
    Not only does this game give you everything the first one did but it completely changes, twist's, turns, flips the storyline and keeps you wanting more. And that's just the campaign, there are so many side missions, and so many easter eggs. SO MANY EASTER EGGS! It's just absolutely amazing, if you're looking for a game that's well worth the money, you've found it. In conclusion, I really cannot believe that anyone would give this game a low rating, it angered me so much that I just had to give this game a review.

Simply 10
  89. Oct 11, 2012
    omg this game is wonderful one of the best game ever.. have made to always improve, to write to enemies in everything. Basically the game is worth every minute of sacrifice .. i love it and i hope 3 for this generation. thank you 2k..
  90. Nov 19, 2012
    The BEST MMO type of game on consoles to date!! This game should be in the running for game of the year!! Lets get to it!!

GRAPHICS = 9 Yes there still Cell Shaded. That said they are gorgeous! They are a step up from the original and there are a lot of new things and additions to the style they have developed that make your eyeballs want to pop out of your head! There are a few hiccups and graphical glitches here and there that could have been polished out but over all the game is beautiful!!

GAMEPLAY = 10 The time you spend with your friends helping them out, leveling them up, finishing quests, trading weapons, and generally just having fun seems endless! The world Pandora seems alive and well, even if it is out to kill you every second your in it! The characters are very stylized and all are full of life as you would expect from the developers that gave life to claptrap! There are lots of creatures and baddies to kill of all different kinds and finding the right weapon for the job is half the fun. The boss fights are basically all about finding the soft spot and hitting it till the boss dies but its still fun and a good challenge. There are a butt load of weapons! They all act differently according to the manufacturer and the type of stats they have. The levels seem a little more linear than they did in the first game, this is something I personally loved and felt that it kept the game fast and furious instead of wandering around aimless in the same droll looking desert the whole game. Music/Sound EFX = 8 They went with the Dubstep sound track on this one... that said ..its a bit weak for Dubstep. For the most part the sound EFX are the same as the original game and don't really change much. So personally there's nothing really thought provoking or groundbreaking here. The only thing that really redeems the soundtrack is the voice acting! If it weren't for the great voice acting and character style this game would be an audio mess!! That said the characters are full of life and humor most of the time!

CONTROLS = 9 The Controls are the same as the first game. Nothing has changed but they still feel natural and don't get in the way of the fun of the game! I guess it would be nice to have a little more customization to the controls but I really didn't find my self having problems with the defaults.

REPLAY = 10 Lots of re-playability with 5 classes and 1 expansion already out, it seems like there will be plenty
    of content to come. This game should be in every ones rotation for a long time to come! OVER ALL! = 9 This is a Must have game for anyone who owns a gaming platform!!
  91. Mar 20, 2014
    Borderlands 2 is The BEST GAME for PS3. If you enjoyed the first borderlands this game is an improvement in every way. More guns, diversity in landscapes, stellar music, in depth skill trees for characters, and tons and tons of side quests. This is the best game whether going alone or joining in with friends. And afterwards you have some amazing expansions to look forward to.
  92. Apr 8, 2013
    One of the best, if not THE best game of this generation. As soon as I started playing this game I was in love, the beautiful comic atmosphere, the humor that claptrap introduced, and just the way everything comes together. I've finished this game three times since the most recent update just started on Ultimate Vault Hunter. The blend of FPS and RPG really is amazing and this game is soOne of the best, if not THE best game of this generation. As soon as I started playing this game I was in love, the beautiful comic atmosphere, the humor that claptrap introduced, and just the way everything comes together. I've finished this game three times since the most recent update just started on Ultimate Vault Hunter. The blend of FPS and RPG really is amazing and this game is so beautifully put together. Expand
  93. Apr 25, 2013
    What can i say that i'm sure hasn't already been said about this amazing game? BL 2 takes everything that we loved about the first title and amplifies it ten fold. More guns...more quests...more interesting and unique characters and npc's(Tiny Tina being my favorite) and a MUCH MUCH more interesting villain. Handsome Jack is equal parts charming and evil. The dialogue is almost perfectlyWhat can i say that i'm sure hasn't already been said about this amazing game? BL 2 takes everything that we loved about the first title and amplifies it ten fold. More guns...more quests...more interesting and unique characters and npc's(Tiny Tina being my favorite) and a MUCH MUCH more interesting villain. Handsome Jack is equal parts charming and evil. The dialogue is almost perfectly written and the new character classes are overall more powerful versions of the ones found in the first game(totally digging on the Mechromancer). The graphics have that same cell shaded light cartoony feel that remains a pure delight to behold. A few complaints i do have are that the more "rare" orange level weapons seem a little hard to attain(even by this game's standards) and that when you do grab a few, seem woefully under-powered once you reach your 2nd and 3rd playthroughs. However, that really is small potatoes compared to the grander scheme of things. This is an amazing game that needs to be experienced by fans of any type of shooter. With a very deep and immersible character level progression and some of the best dlc add on's around... this one is certainly a no brainer Expand
  94. May 19, 2013
    Positives: SOOOOO much variation in weapons, loot, mission quests, excellent dialogue with a good number of one-liners (or several..), simple jump-in/jump-out online play, with friends or worldwide connection, making it even more entertaining to play. A number of different classes also, with so much replayability, and the fact that you can create more than one character at a time is a bigPositives: SOOOOO much variation in weapons, loot, mission quests, excellent dialogue with a good number of one-liners (or several..), simple jump-in/jump-out online play, with friends or worldwide connection, making it even more entertaining to play. A number of different classes also, with so much replayability, and the fact that you can create more than one character at a time is a big bonus for a game of this stature. Huge, open, semi-free roam world, some awesome rather tidy graphics, and very amusing in-game NPCs for more of the fun-factor.

Negatives: When playing with friends, loot drops aren't shared and only one player can pick up the loot-drops from enemies. Also, some people like him, some people don't, but ClapTrap (the robot) constantly talks rubbish and he does my nut in! Very annoying to listen to and unfortunately he can't be killed.

9/10 for a brilliant game with lots of different things to do, lots of equipment to use, and a joyful playing experience with the dialogue and the characters on show.
  95. Jun 24, 2013
    Definitely an addictive game. Part FPS action and part RPG, the 'Borderlands' series helped reshape
    how I think about my gaming, as it probably has for many others. From the opening sequence (before the gameplay started!), I loved everything about this game, including the action-oriented gaming, character customization, cell-shaded animation, music, pop culture references, voiceover acting, and so much more. Unlike any other gaming experience, and I have played most of the biggest RPGs of the past twenty years. It has one factor that most other games lack, it doesn't get old. It is the most replayable game I have ever played, and with good RPGs, I play them until I finish them (a few times). I've played this game from start to a finish a few dozen times, and with the DLCs and the co-op gameplay, it just doesn't get old. If every future gamemaker studied the heck out of 'Borderlands 2,' and brought similar genre-bending improvements to their respective efforts, I don't see how that could be ill-received by mainstream gamers.
  96. Aug 17, 2014
    Fan-f*cking-tastic. 2k and Gearbox really hit the mark, grabbing its predecessor's potential filled nut sack and squeezing. Hard. It has a great single player or mulitplayer experience (although you ought to play it with friends) with the fantastic Handsome Jack as the villain, who we all love to hate. Knows when and how to make you laugh and is heartbreaking at times. With great and gameFan-f*cking-tastic. 2k and Gearbox really hit the mark, grabbing its predecessor's potential filled nut sack and squeezing. Hard. It has a great single player or mulitplayer experience (although you ought to play it with friends) with the fantastic Handsome Jack as the villain, who we all love to hate. Knows when and how to make you laugh and is heartbreaking at times. With great and game enhancing DLC, the exciting, witty game Borderlands 2 deserves all the hype. Expand
  97. Dec 8, 2014
    Enjoyable art-style. Good soundtrack. Immersive environments. And addictive loot based gameplay. So addictive in fact that if it weren't for a slightly weak story and poor character development I would have given it a 9 or even a 10.
  98. Oct 2, 2012
    I waited until going through the game and using different characters before writing anything. Borderlands 2 is a game that must be played if you truly love gaming. Gearbox has made a sequel that does what a sequel should: improve in nearly every facet of the experience. A company that truly loves their fans and listens to them. Others should take notice on what Gearbox has done with B2I waited until going through the game and using different characters before writing anything. Borderlands 2 is a game that must be played if you truly love gaming. Gearbox has made a sequel that does what a sequel should: improve in nearly every facet of the experience. A company that truly loves their fans and listens to them. Others should take notice on what Gearbox has done with B2 before making sequels if they are really making games for the fans. everything that was loved about the first game is still here but better. Other than Claptrap occasionally getting annoying, the dialog is absolutely hilarious, the characters have more options which is great if you want to change things up according to how you are playing. The guns are alot better than before, the enemies are much more interesting and actually roll and move faster which there is the occasional bandit that gets stuck in their movement cycle. The game can get difficult in spots if you don't choose your attack wisely, especially if you stay with the level you are on and don't join a lower ranked game.The way the characters from B1 were used I think was excellent. I really hope those of you who haven't tried this yet will give it a shot. Best co-op game I have ever played. Expand
  99. Sep 19, 2012
    If you had even a passing interest in Borderlands, do yourself a favor and pick up Borderlands 2. This game improves upon every aspect of the first game in a big way. This is immediately apparent when viewing the character skill tress. At first glance it might seem that each new character class in Borderlands 2 is merely a crude facsimile of one from the first game, however, the skillIf you had even a passing interest in Borderlands, do yourself a favor and pick up Borderlands 2. This game improves upon every aspect of the first game in a big way. This is immediately apparent when viewing the character skill tress. At first glance it might seem that each new character class in Borderlands 2 is merely a crude facsimile of one from the first game, however, the skill progression for the new classes is far different from the classes of the previous game. For example, where Brick (the previous game's tank class) was a powerhouse when it came to melee, Salvador (the new tank class) is able to dual wield weapons for brief time to double his firepower. The latter ability is especially useful in Borderlands 2, as the weapons have been greatly improved since the first game. The guns are easily distinguishable from one another by their visual design alone and new weapon parts add a great deal of variety to the combat (you can get an assault rifle that shoots rockets!). Moreover, you won't have to grind for hours on end in the hopes of getting a useful item. Sure you'll still need to put forth a bit more effort to get the extremely rare items, but you'll be able to move forward in the story line knowing that upgrades to your current items are just around the corner. This is good news, because the story is fantastic. If you played the first Borderlands, you can expect to encounter much of the same humor found in that game, and nearly every conversation in the game will have you chuckling if not laughing uncontrollably. This is in part thanks to the amazing cast of characters in the game. Old friends return (Scooter, The Vault Hunters, etc.), but you'll also encounter new, unforgettable characters such as the surprisingly likable villain Handsome Jack. However, those looking for the bland, barren landscape of Borderlands will have to look elsewhere. The level design in Borderlands 2 is as varied as it is beautiful: ranging from tundras to verdant hills. To summarize: get this game as soon as you possibly can! Also, I would like to ask why users giving this game a negative review complain of a day one DLC. If they are referring to the Premiere Club Membership included with every copy of the game that was pre-ordered, their argument would then extend to every game that has ever given bonus content to people who pre-order. Was Uncharted 3 a terrible game because it let people acquire multiplayer rewards early by pre-ordering the game? Certainly not. Expand
  100. Sep 19, 2012
    Borderlands 1 was addicting, Borderlands 2 isn't addicting it's a overdose on your brain its that much fun. It's got so much stuff in it, by far 10x more things than Borderlands 1 had. 2k did exactly what a sequel should do explode your head with more over the top Awesomeness. Everything in it has been upgraded and re-done from Borderlands 1. The Story from what I've played so far beatsBorderlands 1 was addicting, Borderlands 2 isn't addicting it's a overdose on your brain its that much fun. It's got so much stuff in it, by far 10x more things than Borderlands 1 had. 2k did exactly what a sequel should do explode your head with more over the top Awesomeness. Everything in it has been upgraded and re-done from Borderlands 1. The Story from what I've played so far beats out the whole story of Borderlands 1. Writing/Voice Acting is way more superior with hilarious lines you won't forget. Weapons of course 2k didn't lie, their big boy guns compared to the bb guns that were in Borderlands 1. The designs, how they shoot, what they do is been upgrade to actually fit the character you pick. This game is worth every penny, must buy for sure. Expand

1. Jan 26, 2014
    What the original Borderlands did so well has been grabbed and near perfected with this sequel. The comedy may be hit and miss, but it thrives on its shooting and loot grabbing. Many hours of fun will await you in Pandora.
    Borderlands 2 is huge, intense and addictive.
  3. Oct 19, 2012
    It's a lengthy adventure full of personality, an endless plethora of weapons, and addictive co-op gameplay. Fans of the first game would be foolish to pass up another chance to visit Pandora and plunder the incalculable treasures therein.