Borderlands 2 PlayStation 3

8.2

1. Sep 18, 2012
    borderlands 2 is published by 2k games and developed by gearbox. one thing im specially told about this game borderlands 2 is awesome.
    borderlands 2 start with a great hand down cinematic story.Characters from the previous game initiate events that cause the planet to spit out precious minerals. Like any good story.The most significant change Borderlands 2 can boast over its predecessor is a cohesive plot that actually hangs together reasonably well and drives the story missions forward at a decent pace.The other big change in Borderlands 2 comes in the game's playable class structure. The melee-enhanced Berserker has been replaced this time around by a "Gunzerker" class that can briefly dual wield any two weapons, making for some enjoyably over the top combinations (I particularly enjoyed simultaneously using a shotgun in one hand and a rocket launcher in the other, which I can't recall ever doing in a first-person shooter). I also enjoyed the new Assassin class, which comes with the extremely useful ability to escape with the aid of a temporary decoy, and can use skill tree upgrades that make him a quality melee attacker.
    noow the time to tell something about graphics last borderlands using cell shaded engine which mean everything like cartoonist now the game using unreal engine 3.every thing in the game is design very well and work on more then 60 frame per second on xbox 360,ps3 and normal pc.if u like the review plz comment about this review thanks.
  2. Oct 18, 2012
    Let me say this right off the bat: Borderlands 2 is not a bad game. Borderlands 2 is NOT a bad game!

On the surface, Borderlands 2 is a very good-looking, witty, polished shooter that seems like it would deliver everything the first game had to deliver, and some more. However, beneath that charming exterior lies an extreeeeeemely slow and repetitive shooter that makes anyone with a working gag reflex to put the game down and play with Microsoft Excel instead.

I loved the first Borderlands, I would play and play before sleep (and then not go to sleep), I loved the gameplay; the RPG and the First Person Shooter combination was unlike anything I ever seen, I remember thinking that Borderlands was everything I wanted Fallout 3 to be. So, what went wrong with the sequel?

First of all, do you recall the tutorial section of the first Borderlands where Claptrap escorts you around the bandit camp? That section took around 15 minutes and the game threw you into an open world, giving you a few quests to start yourself off. In Borderlands 2, someone thought it would be a marvelous idea to expand that 15 minutes of tutorial into a span of 2 hours, 2 mundane hours of you going through the same, boring, ice environment, listening to that poor excuse of a "funny little robot" called Claptrap yelling in your ear through the whole thing. I don't know about you, but I didn't find any gameplay in Borderlands 2 before reaching Sanctuary fun in any way shape or form.

Gameplay remains the same as the first Borderlands: Shoot and loot, there are tons of different guns with different stats, you can swap them in and out at any time in your inventory, you can equip different shields and grenade mods too, for those who have played the first game, this will feel familiar to you. Speaking of shoot and loot, the shooting is the main course of the game, it begins to feel repetitive and boring killing the same type of enemy over and over and over, with the occasional "badass" enemy or miniboss thrown in to slow you down, looting remains the same; you go to anything that has a green light and mash the loot button to loot stuff, although, 99% of the time, you won't find anything that's better than what you currently have and you'll end up selling the loot instead, which begs the question of why not just have cash as loot instead in the first place if it's not going to be better items.

My main complaint about Borderlands 2 is how slow the game feels, quests seems to drag on and on over long stretches of maps that feels longer than they should be, and to make maters worse, the quest rewards don't seem to be ever worth it; let me give you an example: I'm level 25 and I need 15k EXP to reach level 26, I look up some quests on the billboard that are around level 23 to level 25, and how much EXP do they give? 1000 EXP? Are you kidding me? That's not even 10% of what I need to reach the next level! The enemies barely give any EXP worth mentioning, so in the end, it's all just a huge waste of time. In the first game, you would be rewarded EXP for completing challenges, so maybe that's why this game feels so slow in the leveling compared to the first, I don't mind the "Badass Tokens" system they implemented in this one for completing challenges, but why can't we have EXP on top of that?

My final gripe of this game is the so-called "humor". I'll be honest, I didn't find the humor in the first game funny, but the writing was tolerable, in Borderlands 2, the developers seemed so pleased with themselves that they decided to rub the humor in so hard that it will forever leave a shameful imprint of claptrap on your face. I watched a stream of someone playing the game for the first time and as soon as the "0 as a number" appeared in the intro, about 15 people in the chat went "Lol, that is so clever!"

...

Not... really... It was kind of uncomfortable to witness and I was surprised my brain didn't slip out of my nostrils to escape further humiliation.

In conclusion, I would say that Borderlands 2 is not worth £40 (I paid £60 for the Collector's Edition...), maybe pick it up at £15 if you really want to, but I say stick with the first game, if you haven't played the first one and you're really aching for a quirky, first person shooter with RPG elements, then I say definitely pick this up.
  3. Jan 12, 2013
    Its Borderlands, not different from the first one much, though the weapons are a little more diverse and the plot gets going quicker which is good being the first one was a little too spaced between the fun moments. The problem I have with the game is that you see a camp of baddies, you shoot one and they all go nuts, you kill them, you move forward and more baddies spawn, repeat aIts Borderlands, not different from the first one much, though the weapons are a little more diverse and the plot gets going quicker which is good being the first one was a little too spaced between the fun moments. The problem I have with the game is that you see a camp of baddies, you shoot one and they all go nuts, you kill them, you move forward and more baddies spawn, repeat a thousand times more add some boss battles and you got the whole game. But its still enjoyable, just as Skyrim was good for at least 50 hours before you realized that you are just stuck in a loop, and by then you got your moneys worth unlike most games released. Expand
  4. Feb 20, 2013
    Everything I look for in a video game. Borderlands 2 features a unique world and a fantastic online community. The loot system in Borderlands 2 is flawless. This game was well thought out and user feedback is taken into consideration. This game is a must buy!
  5. Jun 26, 2014
    I still dig the original more, but what the hell... it's still more Borderlands. Am I right? Sh*t, I forgot you need 150 characters to review stuff. Apparently simplicity isn't welcome here. My bad.
  6. Jan 14, 2013
    After finishing Borderlands 2 - platinum trophy and everything - I have to say that it is my game of the year hands down. I will try to put my praise and criticism in an orderly fashion. First off: this is a game that unfolds most of its potential, when played in multiplayer mode. As with a lot of games that are designed for online play it is a very gratifying experience to play within aAfter finishing Borderlands 2 - platinum trophy and everything - I have to say that it is my game of the year hands down. I will try to put my praise and criticism in an orderly fashion. First off: this is a game that unfolds most of its potential, when played in multiplayer mode. As with a lot of games that are designed for online play it is a very gratifying experience to play within a group of capable players. The skilltrees for all classes are more centered and really influence the way you play without being too restricting, in my opinion. The returning classes of Siren and Commando are more strongly focused on their respective action skills. The new classes of Gunzerker and Assassin seem more complicated at first but are actually quite accessable. In any case you can reset your skillpoints if you feel like it.
    What I really liked about the game is that it takes most of what made Borderlands 1 did well and improves on that. The mentioned focus on multiplayer gaming has been improved; I found it easier to find a game I could join and if a friend is online you can easily join their game without them having to leave their session and send complicated invites. One of the more annoying bits occured when I hosted a game with random players. They all were capable players and it was a fun game but when one of them turned in a quest for me I did not get the reward item. I do not know if this bug has been fixed.
    In general there is a lot of reasons why one would replay the game once the final boss has been deposed of. There is at least one quest you will not have done by then and a second harder and more satisfying - as far as xp and weapons are concerned - play-mode becomes available. In this mode you tend to die more easily when playing alone, which can be bothersome (although the fight for your life phase has been improved: now you are able to move, although slowly). One of the features that have you playing on and on is the random dropping of equipment, you can always improve on your stuff. Also there are challenges that have you coming back.
    In general Borderlands 2 is a great game for those who liked the first part - there is a ton of insider-jokes for those - and those who like a shooter with some very basic rpg-elements. If you did not like the first Borderlands you most likely won't like part 2, although you might want to give it a try. I found it brilliant and fun.
  7. Apr 25, 2013
    What can i say that i'm sure hasn't already been said about this amazing game? BL 2 takes everything that we loved about the first title and amplifies it ten fold. More guns...more quests...more interesting and unique characters and npc's(Tiny Tina being my favorite) and a MUCH MUCH more interesting villain. Handsome Jack is equal parts charming and evil. The dialogue is almost perfectlyWhat can i say that i'm sure hasn't already been said about this amazing game? BL 2 takes everything that we loved about the first title and amplifies it ten fold. More guns...more quests...more interesting and unique characters and npc's(Tiny Tina being my favorite) and a MUCH MUCH more interesting villain. Handsome Jack is equal parts charming and evil. The dialogue is almost perfectly written and the new character classes are overall more powerful versions of the ones found in the first game(totally digging on the Mechromancer). The graphics have that same cell shaded light cartoony feel that remains a pure delight to behold. A few complaints i do have are that the more "rare" orange level weapons seem a little hard to attain(even by this game's standards) and that when you do grab a few, seem woefully under-powered once you reach your 2nd and 3rd playthroughs. However, that really is small potatoes compared to the grander scheme of things. This is an amazing game that needs to be experienced by fans of any type of shooter. With a very deep and immersible character level progression and some of the best dlc add on's around... this one is certainly a no brainer Expand
  8. Jan 30, 2014
    The most overhyped and overrated game of the past few years. Sure, it's pretty, the story is interesting and the dialogues are funny. These quirks don't hold up the game as a whole, mind you.

The early game and beginning levels are fun, challenging and coherent as a whole. As you progress further down the line, you'll notice a pattern; Anything can and will kill you in very cheap ways. Bullets shred through your shields as if it wasn't even there, and that is with the best shields you can get for that level. I played it with a friend, and at about L29 (out of 50) we just dropped our controllers and left BL2 for what it is - a poor excuse for a game.

My main point of criticsm comes from mob design point of view. Rather than giving mobs interesting abilities that you have to avoid or deal with, they made them insanely strong. Just for the record - AI with immaculate aim and insane damage is NOT similar to difficulty. It's similar to poor design and lack of creativity.

I did give this game a serious try and it had some serious potential but it messed up insanely hard as the levels progressed. Such a shame, it has so much potential.

All in all it's a meager 5 out of 10 at most.
  9. May 27, 2014
    It wins game of the **** universe. Its a 69 out of 10. If you disagree i will shove a large black item down your throat. This game cures cancer and aids.
  10. Sep 3, 2014
    The perfect fusion of RPG and 1st person shooter. It has everything you could want from such a game. Multiple classes, various enemies and (no bazillion guns) dozens of different guns with thousands of stat and appearance differences.

The story line and dialogue is enough to keep you curious and entertained, with a few twists thrown in. Multiplayer in this game is how it should be, split screen and online, and even Splitscreen WITH ONLINE at the same time! Something other games should include.

Overall if you like RPG's and Shooters, then this is a game you should at the very least, watch on youtube. It drowns you with fun.
  11. Nov 3, 2014
    A absolutely good game with a really fun character list a long fun story that keeps you on your feet the whole time. With an amazing bad guy (Handsome Jack) that really wants you to cut his heart out and make him choke on it. With a wide verity of characters there's no possible way to have the same story with each character having different power ups and abilities. Over all a really funA absolutely good game with a really fun character list a long fun story that keeps you on your feet the whole time. With an amazing bad guy (Handsome Jack) that really wants you to cut his heart out and make him choke on it. With a wide verity of characters there's no possible way to have the same story with each character having different power ups and abilities. Over all a really fun majestic master piece of a game. Expand
  12. Oct 19, 2014
    Once again Bethesda strikes gold. I loved the first one. By loved I mean I played the campaign and DLC end to end with each player class, and was left wanting more. It took a while but they delivered and with a few improvements. While not perfect, it was definitely an improvement in game control, player optimization, and story. One of my favorite elements was the addition of better NPC'sOnce again Bethesda strikes gold. I loved the first one. By loved I mean I played the campaign and DLC end to end with each player class, and was left wanting more. It took a while but they delivered and with a few improvements. While not perfect, it was definitely an improvement in game control, player optimization, and story. One of my favorite elements was the addition of better NPC's you get to love/hate in Jack(azz), Sir Hammerlock, a slightly more humorous Claptrap, and the unforgettable Tiny Tina. Who can't love a game that has you on a mission renaming enemies bonerballs. Main critique is that some missions require an annoying amount of foot travel and killing repawned(and boringly lower class)enemies, and that towards the end it starts to get kind of repetitive. If you like the RPG/FPS hybrid genre, or even just a dynamic open world FPS, then it is definitely for you. Expand
  13. Apr 22, 2016
    Ridiculous amounts of guns, constant eye-popping action, vibrant environments, and one of the best villains in video game history. The sequal to borderlands hits on all cylinders and capitalizes on all the mistakes of the original while amplifying all the great parts. I've never played a game that's captured my attention for as long as this game has. 1000+ hours, 15 total play-throughs,Ridiculous amounts of guns, constant eye-popping action, vibrant environments, and one of the best villains in video game history. The sequal to borderlands hits on all cylinders and capitalizes on all the mistakes of the original while amplifying all the great parts. I've never played a game that's captured my attention for as long as this game has. 1000+ hours, 15 total play-throughs, and I still want to dive into the world of Pandora again and kill some more robots.
    Adding onto the original game, which was criticized for monotonous environments, borderlands 2 offers everything from acid-flooded grounds of the caustic caverns to the to the ice-covered walls of the fridge, any complaints about monotonous environments has been blown out of the water by this game
    as far as amplifying the great parts of the original, combat in this game has been overhauled and added massive amounts of color and explosives to guns and bullets and combat as a whole. And while I'm mentioning combat, Enemy types vary incredibly in borderlands 2. Marauders to massive insects to invisible stalkers to powerful robots, fill the world to the brim just to mention a few, of course I'm forgetting to mention the threshers, rakks, skags, and the Hyperion cooperation's goons.
    Now I should mention Handsome Jack. Handsome Jack takes the cake for my favorite villain in video game history. Witty insults, convoluted schemes, and just plain awesomeness make This bad guy, king of bad guys in my mind.
  14. Sep 9, 2016
  15. Oct 15, 2012
    An amazing addition to the original Borderlands 2. While I enjoy this game, I will say Borderlands 1 was far superior. Borderlands 2 simply lacks the comedy that was found in the first installation of this series. It almost appears as if the game went from lowbrow sex puns, plays-on-words, and generally lowbrow witty humor to douchebag humor. Like high-five frat house humor. I totallyAn amazing addition to the original Borderlands 2. While I enjoy this game, I will say Borderlands 1 was far superior. Borderlands 2 simply lacks the comedy that was found in the first installation of this series. It almost appears as if the game went from lowbrow sex puns, plays-on-words, and generally lowbrow witty humor to douchebag humor. Like high-five frat house humor. I totally screwed that chick, brah! Oh my god, dude! That's like totally awesome! *body five*

Christ, 2k. I'll still give your game a 7, but you dropped the ball on your writing this time around. Rehire the first team and fire your current one.
  16. Sep 19, 2012
    This is for the RPG fans who don't play shooters. Like you, I was skeptical. In fact, I still wouldn't play COD on a dare. But Borderlands 2 is different. It will latch on to the min/maxing, loot seeking, customizing pleasure centers in your brain just like Skyrim or Dragon Age. Then it will take your stat obsessed customization and reward you with visceral badassery. This is likeThis is for the RPG fans who don't play shooters. Like you, I was skeptical. In fact, I still wouldn't play COD on a dare. But Borderlands 2 is different. It will latch on to the min/maxing, loot seeking, customizing pleasure centers in your brain just like Skyrim or Dragon Age. Then it will take your stat obsessed customization and reward you with visceral badassery. This is like rewarding sex with chocolate, or vice versa. So do yourself a favor: look past your skepticism and buy this game. Take five hours to work through the learning curve. Then pat yourself on the back for a great decision. Expand
  17. Dec 30, 2012
    I do not review a game before completing it. I just finished as a necromancer and it was great. I usually prefer more open worlds like Skyrim for Fallout3 but this was close. The mission areas were more open than any COD game I have played. The weapons were neat and the missions were more than the fetch type you get in Oblivion. I just kept getting this stale feeling while playing thisI do not review a game before completing it. I just finished as a necromancer and it was great. I usually prefer more open worlds like Skyrim for Fallout3 but this was close. The mission areas were more open than any COD game I have played. The weapons were neat and the missions were more than the fetch type you get in Oblivion. I just kept getting this stale feeling while playing this game. I was doing the same shooting tactics with levitating enemies and throwing grenades. This game would of benefited greatly with more magic like in Bioshock and it would of easily jumped it up a few number grades for me. Worth picking up but not at full price. The 25 dollar black friday sales I saw were perfect. Oh also the story and humor... Never played first Borderlands. Claptrap was annoying. Jack was funny at first but got a little bit old after a while. The plot got extremely interesting once you started working with Roland. It just had so many side missions that did not develop the plot and those were mostly completely devoid of the humor found in the main quests. Also I will try to describe this without spoilers. The end of the plot builds you up and then leaves you dropped off like the last Tron movie in 2010. Expand
  18. Sep 29, 2012
    The game is improved in almost every area. However the AI is terrible. You can shoot people whilst other enemies stand oblivious just a few metres away. Claptrap is as annoying as ever and the humour is really childish. Guns are great though and lots of fun to be had with all the different designs.
  19. 4DI
    Nov 18, 2012
    Borderlands 2 will give you a lasting appeal that is equivalent to 10 modern games, and it's not just because of the huge amount of missions. It's everything else that will bring you back again, and again.
  20. Sep 19, 2012
    If you had even a passing interest in Borderlands, do yourself a favor and pick up Borderlands 2. This game improves upon every aspect of the first game in a big way. This is immediately apparent when viewing the character skill tress. At first glance it might seem that each new character class in Borderlands 2 is merely a crude facsimile of one from the first game, however, the skillIf you had even a passing interest in Borderlands, do yourself a favor and pick up Borderlands 2. This game improves upon every aspect of the first game in a big way. This is immediately apparent when viewing the character skill tress. At first glance it might seem that each new character class in Borderlands 2 is merely a crude facsimile of one from the first game, however, the skill progression for the new classes is far different from the classes of the previous game. For example, where Brick (the previous game's tank class) was a powerhouse when it came to melee, Salvador (the new tank class) is able to dual wield weapons for brief time to double his firepower. The latter ability is especially useful in Borderlands 2, as the weapons have been greatly improved since the first game. The guns are easily distinguishable from one another by their visual design alone and new weapon parts add a great deal of variety to the combat (you can get an assault rifle that shoots rockets!). Moreover, you won't have to grind for hours on end in the hopes of getting a useful item. Sure you'll still need to put forth a bit more effort to get the extremely rare items, but you'll be able to move forward in the story line knowing that upgrades to your current items are just around the corner. This is good news, because the story is fantastic. If you played the first Borderlands, you can expect to encounter much of the same humor found in that game, and nearly every conversation in the game will have you chuckling if not laughing uncontrollably. This is in part thanks to the amazing cast of characters in the game. Old friends return (Scooter, The Vault Hunters, etc.), but you'll also encounter new, unforgettable characters such as the surprisingly likable villain Handsome Jack. However, those looking for the bland, barren landscape of Borderlands will have to look elsewhere. The level design in Borderlands 2 is as varied as it is beautiful: ranging from tundras to verdant hills. To summarize: get this game as soon as you possibly can! Also, I would like to ask why users giving this game a negative review complain of a day one DLC. If they are referring to the Premiere Club Membership included with every copy of the game that was pre-ordered, their argument would then extend to every game that has ever given bonus content to people who pre-order. Was Uncharted 3 a terrible game because it let people acquire multiplayer rewards early by pre-ordering the game? Certainly not. Expand
  21. Nov 28, 2012
    I loved the first borderlands and sunk many hours in to it. i didn't get this one till they had a black friday sale on it for $25 because i just didn't have the time to play it and my friends who i would be playing this with online said they just didn't care for it much. so i didn't feel rushed to get it day one even though i really did want to play it. well since my friends arn't playingI loved the first borderlands and sunk many hours in to it. i didn't get this one till they had a black friday sale on it for $25 because i just didn't have the time to play it and my friends who i would be playing this with online said they just didn't care for it much. so i didn't feel rushed to get it day one even though i really did want to play it. well since my friends arn't playing this i have to play it solo since i refuse to play with people i don't know online. nothing ruins my game experiance more then playing with A-Holes . it wasn't a huge deal to me since i enjoyed playing the first in both co-op and solo mode. Let me say that with in the first few hours some thing about the game just didn't feel right and i still can't put my finger on it exactly but i had a hard time getting in to it. I just kept feeling like going to play some thing els but i kept telling myself its going to get better when i start getting thoose sick guns. Even though the story this time around is much improved from the first one ... which the first ones story kinda sucked. i found myself with in 6 hours in to the game dieng... ALOT! and it pretty much happens around the boss fights. they have made this game so rediculasly hard to play solo its beyond stupid. It makes you wonder what the develpers where even thinking. the first one had such a perfect balance of when you went from solo to co-op it felt just perfect. Borderlands 2 still feels like a good game but just doesn't feel like the great game the first one was even if the single player issue wasn't so nightmarish. i would bump the score up to a 8 if they ever do patch it to fix that issue. for now i just want to quik finish it toss it on the shelf and there it will most likely sit . i have no intrest in the DLC. Expand
  22. dpc
    Sep 19, 2012
    Great game, like the 1st. However, I'm in the minority, I guess, about the new UI. I actually find it unnecessarily busy and not as clear as before, and comparing guns is just as awkward. That said, it's absolutely impossible to put down the controller and not want to push through one more level or pop one more bandit's head off. And few games, if any, make leveling and the RPG angle feelGreat game, like the 1st. However, I'm in the minority, I guess, about the new UI. I actually find it unnecessarily busy and not as clear as before, and comparing guns is just as awkward. That said, it's absolutely impossible to put down the controller and not want to push through one more level or pop one more bandit's head off. And few games, if any, make leveling and the RPG angle feel so immediate and satisfying. The gameplay and animations are stellar as is the sound and music. You can't go wrong with B2 because it really does have something for everyone. Expand
  23. Sep 22, 2012
    In every way better than its predecessor. There are more ways to build your character, more locations (with more variation), a better storyline, more guns (which are all far more unique than those in the original Borderlands), the characters we all know and love from the first entry in the Borderlands series, and more humour. In conclusion, everything about Borderlands 2 is bigger andIn every way better than its predecessor. There are more ways to build your character, more locations (with more variation), a better storyline, more guns (which are all far more unique than those in the original Borderlands), the characters we all know and love from the first entry in the Borderlands series, and more humour. In conclusion, everything about Borderlands 2 is bigger and better than in the original Borderlands. If you even slightly liked that, you're gonna love this. Expand
  24. Sep 30, 2012
    There is only two words that can describe this game. Amazingly epic. The gameplay is perfect, the story is great, and the dialogue is HILARIOUS! This is also my favorite co-op game so far. Its still great even if your a lonely person that has no friends. I've spent about 10 - 15 hrs in this game so far and I don't think I'm even CLOSE to the end of the main story. Don't worry if you beetThere is only two words that can describe this game. Amazingly epic. The gameplay is perfect, the story is great, and the dialogue is HILARIOUS! This is also my favorite co-op game so far. Its still great even if your a lonely person that has no friends. I've spent about 10 - 15 hrs in this game so far and I don't think I'm even CLOSE to the end of the main story. Don't worry if you beet the story too fast, though. There are MANY side missions. Not to mention that there will be four additional DLC packs coming soon. There all also a BAZILLION (literally) guns to collect. Another thing that I should add is that there is the best Easter Egg ever. I don't want to spoil what it is, but if you find it, you will be highly rewarded. There are also some simpler Easter Eggs to find. Have friends or not, this game is definitely worth buying. 10 out of 10! Expand
  25. Sep 23, 2012
    Borderlands 2 developed by gearbox and published by 2k games is an improvement upon the first in every way. The most notable improvements being to the story, weapons, and UI. The story, thanks to a new writer, is vastly improved over the first and is never forced upon the player. This allows those who wish to experience the storytelling of Borderlands 2 to do so, as well as allowing theBorderlands 2 developed by gearbox and published by 2k games is an improvement upon the first in every way. The most notable improvements being to the story, weapons, and UI. The story, thanks to a new writer, is vastly improved over the first and is never forced upon the player. This allows those who wish to experience the storytelling of Borderlands 2 to do so, as well as allowing the option to simply just run and gun through the missions. The guns received the most notable upgrade (being that you will be using them throughout the game) and the weapon manufactures are distinct with each appealing to a different play style. The UI is greatly improved and is more accessible. There are hosts of other improvements to the game that you will simply have to play to find out. I highly recommend this game to both returning fans and newcomers eager to find out what Borderlands 2 is all about. Expand
  26. Sep 25, 2012
    Borderlands 2 was beyond all my wildest expectations. Greatly improved graphics and sound design, much more varied weapons, shields and class mods and the greatest intro you've ever seen in a video game. You have much of time to spend in Borderlands 2 with 40+ hours of varied missions and tons upon tons of challenges to complete. If you wanna chill you can gamble on the vending machines inBorderlands 2 was beyond all my wildest expectations. Greatly improved graphics and sound design, much more varied weapons, shields and class mods and the greatest intro you've ever seen in a video game. You have much of time to spend in Borderlands 2 with 40+ hours of varied missions and tons upon tons of challenges to complete. If you wanna chill you can gamble on the vending machines in the city of Sanctuary.

If you liked Borderlands 1, you will definitely like 2.

I have four words left so say: I Love This Game!
  27. Oct 18, 2012
    I understand why some people love borderlands 2, however I just couldn't force myself to love it.
    Single player felt a little too difficult for certain classes, while I understand the wants of the multiplayer crowd don't ruin single player in the process.
  28. Oct 6, 2012
    This game doesn't do anything particularly risky. What it does is takes a successful formula and gives it a little extra unique flavor. The gun variety has and story have both been greatly improved. Character class diversity has the same level of quality and entertainment value as the previous title. Characters and environments are much more diverse and satisfying this time around. TheThis game doesn't do anything particularly risky. What it does is takes a successful formula and gives it a little extra unique flavor. The gun variety has and story have both been greatly improved. Character class diversity has the same level of quality and entertainment value as the previous title. Characters and environments are much more diverse and satisfying this time around. The bada** ranking system is a welcome edition and adds an extra layer of customization and replay value. A few small issues were overlooked, such as the the lack of a gps system to guide you on the map, but overall still one of the best games of the year. Collapse
  29. Oct 17, 2012
    While not as good as the original Borderlands, this is still a pretty good game that only suffers by the consistent dumbing-down of the RPG elements and other details to (supposedly) attract a wider audience. In a game supposedly about loot, there is actually less of it and fewer different types in the sequel, than in Borderlands. Strange but true and this data is backed up on the GearboxWhile not as good as the original Borderlands, this is still a pretty good game that only suffers by the consistent dumbing-down of the RPG elements and other details to (supposedly) attract a wider audience. In a game supposedly about loot, there is actually less of it and fewer different types in the sequel, than in Borderlands. Strange but true and this data is backed up on the Gearbox forums. No more weapon profieicneis, no more gun stats like zooom, recoil or sway, etc. Not all is bad news, and along with the streamlining negatives, the missions are a bit better and the locales more varied, but it can still get boring and Borderlands 2 doesn't manage to hit the same mood or environment level that the original did. Sometimes playing Borderlands, the mood and ambiance was so heavy you almost felt like you were out in a desolate wasteland, but you'll never forget you're playing a videogame with the sequel. There is an old saying that "the Devil's in the details" and by removing so many of the important "details" from the hit original, Gearbox seems to forgotten that. Expand
  30. Dec 9, 2012
    I am having a love / hate relationship with Borderlands 2. On one hand, I'm enjoying it enough to continue playing it after three weeks already, and I'm only about half way through, but on the other hand, all too often I'm finding that playing it is more of a chore than it is fun. Yes, it's great that there are so many varieties of weapons and shields but, well, there are so many that it'sI am having a love / hate relationship with Borderlands 2. On one hand, I'm enjoying it enough to continue playing it after three weeks already, and I'm only about half way through, but on the other hand, all too often I'm finding that playing it is more of a chore than it is fun. Yes, it's great that there are so many varieties of weapons and shields but, well, there are so many that it's a bit mind boggling to sift through it all. Mostly I just pick up everything I find and then sell most of it all off at the next ammo dump. And the mission are so long, so very very long, that it takes upwards of three to five hours just to get from point A to point B in a side mission, that is if you want to waste the enemies instead of just trying to charge your way through them. When you finally complete the quest, it doesn't feel rewarding, instead it's just a relief that the mission is finally over. There are other nuisances such as picking up items that will change the look of your automobile that hog your backpack space when who cares what your stupid automobile looks like; that's such a minor part of the game anyway. No matter what others say, don't believe them otherwise: this is a really hard game to get through solo. If you're not playing with friends online, you will repeatedly find yourself outnumbered in frantic episodes of insanity during which you don't even know what's shooting at you and you will die again and again, and each time you die it's going to cost you some of that loot that you spent hours picking up. With all of this combined I found myself all too often just wishing the mission I was on was over already so I could get on to something else, and the problem is you can't skip the side missions, that's impossible, if you do you won't be leveled up enough to play the main storyline. Yet, on the other hand, with all of this frustration going against it, I'm still coming back to it and playing it because it at least has it's good moments, unlike Dead Island, and the visuals along with the humor is just enough to keep things going by a hair. Expand
  31. Oct 6, 2012

1. Jan 26, 2014
    What the original Borderlands did so well has been grabbed and near perfected with this sequel. The comedy may be hit and miss, but it thrives on its shooting and loot grabbing. Many hours of fun will await you in Pandora.
    Borderlands 2 is huge, intense and addictive.
  3. Oct 19, 2012
    It's a lengthy adventure full of personality, an endless plethora of weapons, and addictive co-op gameplay. Fans of the first game would be foolish to pass up another chance to visit Pandora and plunder the incalculable treasures therein.