8.0

1. Aug 6, 2011
    This game is even more boring than Diablo. In Diablo, you get bored 10 minutes in. In Borderlands, you're immediately bored! This game made me want to repeatedly slam my head against a car door. It's that boring. Think of watching two walls dry, then going outside on a 90 degree day to watch the grass grow.
  2. Jun 1, 2011
    i dont like this game plain and simple. the graphics are top notch and the comedy is funny added with an origanal story but i didnt like it for multiple reasons. first off i would like to point out that when you first start out the game throws extreamly hard to kill ennemies at you and they will hunt you down until you are deadwhich is not fun as well as when you finally kill them they respawn. i constantly found myself in the situation of trying to kill one group of ennemies on one side of me then have ennemies i already killed come at me from behind and then get attacked from all sides and the fact thet they are always tough to kill does not add to the fun but only decreases. i also could not stand the bugs as they kept me from actually playing the game and i kept getting frustrated with it. i had no idea of this games existance until recently when i heard from a friend of mine that it was great but i wish i had never heard of it and i saved my money. i can see how some people would like the challenges with this game but for me it was just too much work to get through so bewarned that this game is not for everyone Expand
  3. Dec 26, 2011
    I really don't understand all the positive reviews this game got. I find this game incredibly unplesant to play. First of all the frame rate is terrible the entire time I'm playing it was giving me a headache because of the slow frame rate. I don't know if this was a problem exclusively on my ps3 or if anyone else experienced it. The game play is reduandant as it's just basically get mission, kill a bunch of dumb AI's that can spot you a mile away and just run and shoot at you, than repeat onto the next mission. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but the enemies become increasingly harder as the story progress to a point where I need to spend hours leveling up just to be in par with the enemies. This game was a pain to play. Expand
  4. Jan 13, 2012
    Tried the Full Game 1hour demo, a waste of my time downloading. This game is a bad-cartoony version of Fallout and sadly if you bought this i would recomened burning it an going to buy Fallout 3
  5. Mar 19, 2012
    Alright. This game is not a game for RPG fans, it's for first person shooter fans. Speaking from an RPG perspective, everything about this game absolutely sucks. The split screen doesn't split the screen properly if you play with friends (in the menus), all the quests are fetch quests (kill this 7 of these monsters), there is no character development, the story is horrendous, and the ending contains no closure. Expand
  6. Jul 18, 2012
    Boringlands is what this game should be called. Not a big fan of the art direction, hated character animations, and was not satisfied with the shooting mechanics at all....boring!
  7. Jan 21, 2013
    Interesting graphic style, or just lazy programmers I would have to be in favour of the latter. I gave this game a go as I am a big fan of massive open world RPG, but this game is truly awful in every sense. Poor programming, poor controls, poor weaponry, poor scenery, just a truly terrible game and difficult to immerse in not to mention the whopping great chunk of HDD space it takes up. Do yourself a service and leave this one on the bargain table and buy fallout3 instead and you won't be disappointed because if you buy this game you will be sorry, particularly after meeting craptrap the most annoyingly voiced npc in the history of gaming, don't believe me? See for yourself. Expand
  8. Dec 9, 2013
    SERIOUSLY!!!??BEST FPS GAME OF THE YEAR??This game is so boring and hard(should be impossible)i've played through for like 4 hours and it's kinda get more boring and insanely hard.i'm lv 11 and stuck at a mission(slegde:safehouse)the enemies are all lv 15 or 14,takes me respawned 3-6 times to kill one of them.Game is about relax and make you feel like u ownss the enemies not the enemies owns u!!!
  9. Dec 17, 2013
    Online: Just people running into each other, going way to fast, shooting everything, not working together and respawning all the time.
    Offline couch co-op 2 player: One always knows where to go and the other one does not. Using the map all the time one player is constantly waiting for the other. The too large open world without much in it doesn't help either.
    Offline single player:
    Constant grinding, grinding grinding, waay toooo long game (50 hours?), no story to speak off, respawning enemies, no humor, an ugly empty world, constant dying and respawning until you've reached a high enough level to beat a certain enemy.

In short: a terrible game.

I give this game 2/10 for a couple of reasons: The gameplay and controls aren't bad at all and leveling up and using abilities can be fun. There is potential in the different guns you have and the balance between then is good (like diablo).
  10. Dec 26, 2013
    Forced myself to finish this game(43+ hours) ,my save got corrupted n didn't even bother playing it again ,way to much grinding.....I'd say it's only fun if ur playing it with friends ,if you're planning on playing Borderlands single player.. Save your money

Call it a first-person Diablo, an evolution of Resistance 2's co-op mode, Monster Hunter for the west, or a party game for FPS gamers. Call it the best example of the transformative power of multiplayer. Whatever you designate it, Borderlands is a decent single-player FPS/RPG that simply becomes great -- when playing with others.
  2. It's also one of those games that's so strong in parts that its shortcomings become almost glaring by comparison. As such, the game's barebones story, lackluster AI, and insufficient player trading options are real disappointments that prevent the game from reaching its full potential. But when you're frantically trying to stay alive while getting swarmed by an angry horde of gigantic spiderants, chances are you won't care much about that other stuff.
    It's something action role-playing game fans looking for an experience more up-close and brutal than genre entries of the third-person variety should have a blast with, and one of the more memorable products of 2009.