Braid PlayStation 3

7.8

1. DavidB
    Jan 12, 2010
    Braid has novel concepts. That, however, is it's only gimmik, and it's not an amazeing one. The story is interesting, but not very engageing. There is zero replay value. It doesn't last as long as it's price tag would lead you to believe. It's mostly sold off as being an artistic, vibrant piece, but the PS3 has titles like Flower, Linger in Shadows and Pixeljunk Braid has novel concepts. That, however, is it's only gimmik, and it's not an amazeing one. The story is interesting, but not very engageing. There is zero replay value. It doesn't last as long as it's price tag would lead you to believe. It's mostly sold off as being an artistic, vibrant piece, but the PS3 has titles like Flower, Linger in Shadows and Pixeljunk Eden, all for the same, or cheaper, cost. If it had come out on the PSN a year ago, it'd be great, but there's other, better sources for artistic games now. Expand
  2. May 25, 2012
    Extremely hard and obtuse puzzles from a very early stage. Well designed game but just oversteps the fine line between challenging and irrirating for me.
  3. Aug 9, 2016
    I tried this game for half an hour or so today. It's a bit slow, the art style is good, and decent usage of puzzles. It seems like it tries hard to mix platform and puzzle. Maybe someone mentioned this in their reviews, but I looked through a lot of reviews, and I'm surprised no one mentioned the fact that the monsters and even level design is just an altered version of old Mario games.I tried this game for half an hour or so today. It's a bit slow, the art style is good, and decent usage of puzzles. It seems like it tries hard to mix platform and puzzle. Maybe someone mentioned this in their reviews, but I looked through a lot of reviews, and I'm surprised no one mentioned the fact that the monsters and even level design is just an altered version of old Mario games. That is probably one of the biggest reasons this game gets such a higher score than it actually deserves, since Mario games are really popular. There's a lot of nostalgia in this game due to that fact and the 2D platform style of it all.

There's certainly many better platform/puzzle games out there you could be playing before this one though.
  4. Oct 17, 2013
    Nice game, original concept but it's too short, you will finish the whole game in 3-4 hours or less if you are really good. The few extra are almost impossible and boring to find. The graphic is a bit outdated, the music is pretty good though.
    Overall it's not a masterpiece but a funny, really really short game.

Graphic: 5
    Sound: 8
    Playability: 7
    Longevity:3
    Worth: 4
  5. Jul 12, 2013
    Very poetic puzzles game, calm, beatiful...

If you like hard puzzle game, you will just love this one! In my case, I burn my brain trying to finish it...and I still didn't end it! I didn't use to play this kind of game so maybe I didn't get all the mecanism!
  6. Oct 18, 2010
    One of my top ten games ever. The art and music are perfect. The story is vague, yes, but that's part of why it's so incredible. Nothing is in black and white. The time travel mechanics are flawless and make ingenious puzzles possible. The game is also indeed short, but this is because it's an amazing experience from beginning to end, with nothing unnecessary. The story is aboutOne of my top ten games ever. The art and music are perfect. The story is vague, yes, but that's part of why it's so incredible. Nothing is in black and white. The time travel mechanics are flawless and make ingenious puzzles possible. The game is also indeed short, but this is because it's an amazing experience from beginning to end, with nothing unnecessary. The story is about everything, instead of only one topic, similar to The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien (a war story about war and a million other things). The game will teach you about the universe and yourself. The game is something that must be experienced; reading about it does it no justice. Please, for yourself, play this game. Collapse

1. A moving story, serene visuals, and brilliant puzzles make Braid an adventure that you absolutely should experience.
    Despite the short length and somewhat limited replay value, Braid's artistic vision and intelligent design is more than enough reason to download the game right away. Jonathan Blow's notoriety in the indie landscape is well deserved.
  3. Braid is a great game that will force you to flex your mental muscle; in a way, it’s similar to something like echochrome, simply because you have to “bend” your mind into a certain shape before you can fully comprehend the skewed setting and premise.