8.0

1. Mar 30, 2016
    Brothers In Arms was always different than the other shooters with a pace rather slow and a tactical gameplay over the action fueled Medal of Honor and Call Of Duty (its competitors at the time).
    Well Hell's Highway is no different in this regard the most important thing is still your firing position along with cover firing, with semi-open maps you have to lead your squad through the missions. Even if you can die in one or two bullets once your understand the mechanics the game isn't very difficult and offer just enough challenge to be rewarding and not frustrating.

Technically the game looks rather good for a 2008 game and there's no major issues on the other end I was a bit disappointed by the sound, the voice overs are good but you're not really "hearing" the war the guns and explosions sound so fake, it's a shame for a game that otherwise tries to describe the true hell of Operation Market Garden (or WW2 in general).

The story is pretty good and continues where the previous games ended (with flashbacks if you didn't play them, don't worry) but it wasn't planned as the last of the series (which it is at the moment) and therefore finish on a "To Be Continued" that I'm still awaiting after the 8 hours it took me to finish this episode (a little too short for my taste).

All in all Hell's Highway is like all others Brothers In Arms games : a good tactical shooter with an interesting story and "good" WW2 setting but with some issues that doesn't make it into a hit game (short, bad sound effects), where's the sequel Ubisoft ?
    Advisable for tactical shooter and WW2 lovers.
  2. DonM
    Oct 2, 2008
    I have to admit, I was reluctant to pick this title up. However, I am very much enjoying it....for now. From what I heard the multiplayer is a flop so this is a better rental than a purchase. I would compare it to Rainbow 6 Vegas meets Call of Duty 3 meets Army of Two. I love the cover and flank system. Don't know what the other reviewers are talking about with the story. Personally I have to admit, I was reluctant to pick this title up. However, I am very much enjoying it....for now. From what I heard the multiplayer is a flop so this is a better rental than a purchase. I would compare it to Rainbow 6 Vegas meets Call of Duty 3 meets Army of Two. I love the cover and flank system. Don't know what the other reviewers are talking about with the story. Personally I think it's kinda boring...nothing we haven't really seen before. Bottom line is----if you like FPS's and games with cover systems then you will enjoy this game for however long it may last you. (I'm guessing 5 days in my case). Expand
  3. AlexC
    Jul 23, 2009
    This game is really good. I like the strategy involved. However, the controls can be the reason that you die frequently, as they are complicated and pressing the wrong button can mean certain death. Also, the graphics aren't up to COD4/WAW quality. That said, the game is still really good and brings something new to the table.
  4. ErikV
    Sep 27, 2008
    I am really enjoying the game, it plays, sound and looks great, the pace is slow than the average 1st person war shooter which is one of the best things about it as you can play it with some strategy in mind and not just run & shot. I also love the game showing the feelings and emotions of the characters, it is a nice touch. Avery solid WWII shooter with some strategy elements and a good I am really enjoying the game, it plays, sound and looks great, the pace is slow than the average 1st person war shooter which is one of the best things about it as you can play it with some strategy in mind and not just run & shot. I also love the game showing the feelings and emotions of the characters, it is a nice touch. Avery solid WWII shooter with some strategy elements and a good story. There are some graphical glitches but is all minor, overall the game looks very good. If you liked any of the others BIA games you will love this one. Expand
  5. CassandraBlake
    Sep 26, 2008
    Although I am not normally a big fan of this type of game, I was watching my boyfriend play it and while I was disturbed by some of the images shown. The overall game made me realize the real tragedies of war, and what our veterans fought and died for our independence and freedom.
  6. CharlesOwens
    Sep 26, 2008
    A strong standout from the mediocre PS3 library of shooters. You really feel immersed in this game and it's a solid experience throughout. You feel for the characters and this game reaches you on an emotional level only seen in other tiltes like Meat Gear and Final Fantasy. High marks all around.
  7. WilliamSanders
    Sep 26, 2008
    If HBO's band of brothers had a video game this would be it. The story is that good.
    On the gameplay side be warned! It's not your average mindless shooter, you must outsmart and flank your enemy using real battlefield tactics. Hiding behind wooden cover will get you ripped to shreds, this game is not for the weary.
  8. Jan 29, 2012
    This game was well worth the money, with an ever growing boring fascination that developers and fans have with multiplayer games, this is the game to get if you want a game with an engrossing story line that you can really get in to. Alot of shooters now focus on modern conflicts which are mostly made up but this focuses on a real life airbourne division that really did go through hell inThis game was well worth the money, with an ever growing boring fascination that developers and fans have with multiplayer games, this is the game to get if you want a game with an engrossing story line that you can really get in to. Alot of shooters now focus on modern conflicts which are mostly made up but this focuses on a real life airbourne division that really did go through hell in operation market garden. The dissapointment with this game is that its supposed to be a tactical shooter but there are little tactics involved, its all relatively easy. Also I dont get the to be continued message at the end as that is now four years old and no sequel. Expand

1. Bar the jarring Action Camera, there's not a lot wrong with Hell's Highway. Rather, there's a lot good with it. It's an intelligent game made by adults for adults.
  2. A competent tactical shooter blessed with a dedication to narrative rarely seen in shooters. If Gearbox can build off this success with more inventive gameplay, the series has a chance of overcoming the boredom that curses so many WWII titles.
    While many of the franchise's traditional gameplay elements return, such as the tactical controls of squads, so do the issues associated with those controls. Tie in some questionable visuals and AI issues, and you have a title that's good, but not great.