7.6

1. Jun 23, 2015
    As with other reviewers, I'm torn. The game starts great with heavy metal, combat, puzzles and racing. The characters and humor are great, the story and visuals captivating. If they had kept it at this, the game would be an easy 9-10 for me.
    Sadly as soon as I hit the RTS part the gameplay unravels, and with it my motivation to keep playing.
  2. Jun 6, 2015
    Nice soundtrack, nice idea, nice world, but the gameplay is too repetitive! I played for around 3-4 hours and i stopped, it got a little bit boring. The fighting system should be better, like more effective weapons and tricks, magic, abilities, clothes or something like that. The graphics were good, and i liked that you can customize your ride.

This game is OK for me, i hope my wish

This game is OK for me, i hope my wish returns to play the game again one day.
  3. Nov 6, 2014
    It was a creative and funny game, i liked the soundtrack, the metal world, and the awesome performance shop. Graphics were OK too.

I didn't like the combat system. It became so boring at the end, and irritating. I played that game for around 5 hours and i stopped because of boredom. I would love this game if it could be different battle system.
  4. Dec 17, 2013
    Fun at first. Humor is good but gameplay isn't as smooth. But get's really really repetitive. A lot off things I don't understand (what in the blue hell is a "mosh pitt"?). The tower defense is not very fun after a long while. But the worst thing: the later levels are very difficult and I was stuck on it for a long time.
    What kept me going was: the humor off it all and the beautiful
    What kept me going was: the humor off it all and the beautiful detailed world created here.
  5. Jul 8, 2012
    I bought the game because I thought I had too little 'Hack and Slash' games in the house, and really loved the Metal genre back then. It's an 'enjoyable' game, but that's it. The story is horrible if you think about it (mostly because it doesn't make any sense, though that fits with the game overall). Graphics are good in harmony, but not up to date for a 2009 game. This game is based onI bought the game because I thought I had too little 'Hack and Slash' games in the house, and really loved the Metal genre back then. It's an 'enjoyable' game, but that's it. The story is horrible if you think about it (mostly because it doesn't make any sense, though that fits with the game overall). Graphics are good in harmony, but not up to date for a 2009 game. This game is based on sounds and music, but some of the sound effects have the bitrate equivalent to the heartbeat of a passed away elephant. It's noticeable they tried to make a 'fun' game but the humor in it is only funny if you're 13 years old or under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Expand
  6. Dec 11, 2010
    It encapsulates the feeling and imagery of Heavy Metal with some lord of the ring aspects. It's just a shame the world is huge abut there isn't much to do.
  7. Nov 18, 2010
    A couple of years ago i bought psychonauts, a game made by Tim Shafer, and loved it. It was original, fun and unique. since Brutal legend was made by the same guy, i simply had to buy it. I was somewhat disappointed. the game isn't bad by all means, but it's just not that good either. the humor is really good and the characters are interesting but the story is short and the gameplay getsA couple of years ago i bought psychonauts, a game made by Tim Shafer, and loved it. It was original, fun and unique. since Brutal legend was made by the same guy, i simply had to buy it. I was somewhat disappointed. the game isn't bad by all means, but it's just not that good either. the humor is really good and the characters are interesting but the story is short and the gameplay gets boring quickly. the worst thing is that the game changes its own genre in the middle of the game, from a action adventure game to an rts. some gamers loved it but i did not. the rts elements are fairly basic so the game doesnt excel at anything. it tries to be some games mixed up but in my opinion doesnt succeed in doing so. it's a great tribute to metal and if you are a huge huge fan of metal you will love the game but if you are looking for a deep, unique and fun experience ,like usually found in Tim Shafer games, you might be disappointed. for me fun was really lacking in this game. Expand
  8. Oct 19, 2010
    Jack Black can't save this game. I found it mostly annoying both from a conceptual and gameplay standpoint. There was some cool graphics. Basic hack n slash with some extras. The music was metal, good or bad. Clearly overhyped.
  9. brada
    Oct 28, 2009
    Great game, funny as all get up. The problems are the game is VERY short and the multiplayer is very lacking....still though, this game is a definite game to pick up and play for a few days. This is an excellent rental game....a purchase may be quite too much. I beat it, played some multi player, and will probably never pick it up again.

Brutal Legend is a tour de force that wraps up humor, music, and clever gameplay into one highly polished package. You haven't played a game quite like this before and won't want to miss it.
    Charming and clever in equal portions, Brütal Legend is a classic example of cohesive game design...In an age of ever-increasing monotony and creative stagnation, a game like Brütal Legend is brash, proud, subversive and triumphant - and it deserves to succeed. Get on board, crank it up and make it so. Two horns up.
  3. There are very, very few games which truly make me sit back and go “wow”. Among the slew of games that I’ve reviewed this year, there are only a couple that I really enjoyed playing, and continue to do so. Brutal Legend is one such game – even though I aced my Public Speaking and English Literature classes, words only slur together when I try to describe this game. Truth be told, I only heard about the game in the last month or so, but after spending a good amount of time with it, I was transformed from a mere gamer into a rocking, die-hard fan.