7.6

1. Mar 25, 2011
    This game is good not great.It will give you some laughs but thats about it.The game lacks a good story and multiplayer.Single player is okay but not anything amazing here.Dispite great graphics this game never takes itself serously.Storyline is pretty much horrible.Only a few characters are likeable which means not alot.Overall game lacks good multiplayer a solid story or likeable chracters.Also tends to get really repetative. If you want to play you might as well save your money and rent it. Expand
  2. Feb 22, 2011
    Great and innovative over the top first person shooter. Very good visuals and a LOT of fun with killing enemies. Its just fun fun fun and more fun : )
    The multiplayer mode is good too, but not very big.
  3. Feb 22, 2011
    This game breaks the boundaries in shooters area. It seemed that nothing new can come up. Well, Bulletstorm can. It is a mix of innovative ideas and the best thing of the past, which have almost been forgotten. Today again they bring us joy.
    After a day of playing I was amazed! I'm not finished yet but so far the campaign is great.
    Echo mode rocks!
  4. Feb 22, 2011
    This is the best First Person Shooter game I have ever played. Everything about it is great. The developers really put a lot of work into it...You can tell. I am so glad I bought this game. I am already in high hopes for a sequel.
  5. Feb 22, 2011
    Mechanics, interface, weapon variety and the score challenge / kill with skill element make this a definite buy for anyone who fancies themselves as a bit tasty on FPS's. For the more casual gamer, the joy they'll take from this will also be one to remember. If there's one thing I could add to the game? I'd steal autolog direct from NFSHP. Great overhaul of the FPS genre; this new IP will run and run. Expand
  6. Feb 22, 2011
    I've been checking out BulletStorm and have been pretty pumped for its release since I saw it covered in a GameInformer back in mid-2010. What dragged me in to being interested in it so much was the unique style of the game, the many things you could do, and of course, the fact that it was by Epic Games (those who made the Gears of War and Unreal Tournament franchise, for those who don't know). Did the game meet up to its expectations from me and earn a spot as a game that was actually worth the wait? Find out by reading on in my review!

The Good:
    + Graphics: Sure this game may not offer the best in graphic design but the game is still incredible to look at, especially when viewing the scenery, which this game does quite well. Usually in first-person shooters that keep the player on track like this there is at least one time in the game where you feel as if you've been in a new area before, though you're an hour or so further in the game. The feeling of being in the same place twice ceases to exist in Bulletstorm due to the differences in structures, lighting, and even characters that are seen throughout the game.

+ Sound: Besides the controversial sweary-merries that are heard almost every other second by perfect selections of voice actors (in my opinion), there are also many more great sounds and effects to take in while playing Bulletstorm. From the metal battle background music and gruesome screams of your enemies to the sound of the weapons you use.

+ Gameplay: This is a big hitter for me, especially for the fact that this game pulls off many first timers right from the start that will remain unsaid due to spoilers. All I can say is killing with skill is a lot more fun and challenging than it sounds, and there are many new game elements included with that that make Bulletstorm stick out from other games with a much higher fun-factor. The story mode is a decent length and the online mode, though rather hard to do without using cooperation, is fun if you find the right people.

+ Difficulty: This one is a tough one to rank either good or bad for the fact that the game isn't really all that difficult, there's just a need for skill when it comes to consuming ammo for the fact that being low on ammo will be the reason you die the most in this game. Killing with Skill can be a challenge though, seeing as how there are so many ways to kill and such little time to do them thanks to 'skillshots' that can only be done in certain areas that may only be in the game once or twice and are easy to miss. + Replay Value: On par with the difficulty of this game is it's replay value, which in my opinion is quite high do to the amount of things you can do. With all the skillshots there are to see and multiplayer mode that is just screaming to be conquered by a good team, there are more than just a few 'extras' to go for when considering to visit the world of Bulletstorm once you beat it.

The Bad:
    +Sound: Though the game managed to be hilarious at times, there is such a thing as going TOO far, and Bulletstorm did that in a way to where it almost got annoying. Notice, I did say Almost, and that's for the fact that the game managed to throw in some emotional and serious parts to the game that cut back on the humor just a bit.

Other than that, Bulletstorm was definitely worth the wait and is a great game, especially for those of you who are looking for something new. If you are one of those people or you're just looking for a good game this is a buy and the game scores a 9.0/10 from me. For more of my reviews, look me up on Youtube.com. GameInformer.com, IGN.com, and Gamespot.com or just follow me on twitter /thatSTERLINkid.
  7. Feb 23, 2011
    Clearly the best Unreal based game on the PS3. The amount of crazy action and particles and explosions is just amazing! I played the game on both PS3 and 360 and the PS3 controller is actually a bit better - a little bit more precise - so the PS3 version is my preferred platform to play the game on. Most fun game I have played in a long, long time.
  8. Feb 23, 2011
    It's hard for a fresh breeze in FPS nowadays, but Bulletstorm is definitely this kind of breeze. Astonishing graphics, interesting story and more and more absorbing climat, that's the game most important features. I prefer to spend 12h playing Bulletstorm than to play another World War game or a columbian forest adventure...
  9. Apr 28, 2011
    I got this game without knowing much about it. I saw it in the store, liked its cover and decided to give it a chance. I must say I never, ever do this (I actually do a thorough research about the games I want to buy). What a surprise!! It's amazing how much fun this game is. In a way it is more of the same but I mean this in the best way possible. It's campy, intense and filled with great action, awsome gameplay and breathtaking landscapes. I don't recall stoping to play a FPS just to check the scenery. I did this with Bulletstorm thousand of times. Beautiful, beautiful game. Must have for ay fan of the genre. Expand
  10. Feb 23, 2011
    i'm only on chapter 2, so the 10 rating is based on what i've played so far. however, what i have played of the game is awesome. very intense, very fast paced, and tons of fun. skillshots are fun, and finding new ones is exciting. the graphics are very very good, quite colorful and some of the views are amazing. the massive setpieces are really cool too. i bought this and KZ3 last night, had originally planned on picking up KZ3 but decided to get this too as i saw potential in the demo. all in all, i've played this for about 3 hours and i've played KZ3 for about 20 minutes. that's not to say KZ3 is bad, it's a really sweet game in it's own right, but it seems a little stale compared to bulletstorm. if anyone is debating which to get, i say get both, play this for the campaign and play killzone 3 for the multiplayer. Expand
  11. Ltq
    Feb 23, 2011
    Bulletstorm has its place in FPS history. It added something fresh into the genre. It has an interesting story. After playing that game for a while I got used to the kick and slide and I bet it's going to be hard playing another fps without those key features!
  12. Feb 25, 2011
    Bulletstorm is a fresh, innovative and foremost fun experience. I enjoyed the skill shots game-play, plot with excellent dialogue as well some crazy as over the top moments like the Dino Robot part. Bulletstorm has some of the craziest weapons I've even seen in games. The game looks amazing - UE at it's best! Having finished the campaign I am currently having a lot of fun playing Echoes mode - tons of replayability! Expand
  13. Feb 24, 2011
    Pure Gaming Goodness! That is what BulletStorm is. Original and refreshing and a joy to play. BulletStorm is a Gamers Game...bottom line. If you can not find pleasure in this game yo may want to look for a new hobby. If you wish to hate on it, it is only because you are a FanNerd and a delusional one at that.
  14. Feb 24, 2011
    Mixture of some Prince of Persia's (2008) level designs, prince's humor and his sliding mechanic with Gears of War's levels, strong language of Marcus Fenix and Scorpion's harpoon electrified by Cole MacGrath. What is that ? - Funny-Bloody-Bulletstorm!
  15. Feb 26, 2011
    This unique entry into the FPS genre is one you should check out the demo first... I loved the demo and eagerly waited for the game to game out. The wait was worth it and it holds plenty of action, many brutal weapons, and very interesting ways to kill off all the enemies. The story works well and the character acting and the cut scenes are very well done. There is a ton of blood,gore, and plenty of cursing,but the odd thing is the cursing brings out more of the characters mood and feelings. One more thing, the multi player I thought was pretty good, but needs more maps and gameplay modes. I like it but many wont care for the multi player since the single player is what every ones looking for. Overall get the demo and if you like it you should probably pick up the full game that I think is well worth the $60 Expand
  16. Feb 26, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I pre ordered the game for PS3, and I thought it was great. I finished it, on the hard setting in twelve hours or so. I don't know how, or why anyone, could or would, possibly want do it in six.... So much killing, so little time. It's is sort of mix of Quake II meets Duke Nukem meets Uncharted. My only regret is that I should have spent more time with the leash. So I could have gotten more weapons maxed out sooner. If you like playing John Wayne, the bad guys will "eat your lunch" and (in the words of Popeye the sailor man ) you will get "muderlized" all the time. I loved their parody of C.O.D. (Duty Calls). Maybe C.O.D will add the leash next time. It was awesome, handing out leather goods to the baddies, a belt in the mouth (the leash) and a boot in the... I think you get the idea. And the sound they make when they get impaled, is off the hook. The language,isn't any worse that in the high school lunch line. So get a life will ya, let your hair down, get your panties out of a wad, and have some fun. I sure did. Expand
  17. Feb 28, 2011
    Bulletstorm is everything you want in a shooter and more. Great graphics, amazing set-pieces, and adrenaline fueled action. Instead of the standard aiming for the head like the majority of first-person shooters, the skillshot system is great for rewarding you with how inventive you can be with slaughtering the oncoming hordes. Nothing is more satisfying than seeing you setup a kill involving the deaths of 5+ enemies at once and seeing your entire screen explode with points which is used as currency for buying ammo and unlocking weapons and upgrades. I played the game on HARD which had the perfect balance of difficulty so that I could focus on killing things creatively just as equally as I had to focus on my own survival. The game has a great story, and the characters who at first may seem loud, crass and two dimensional, slowly flesh out into surprisingly deep and likable characters. Bulletstorm is a lot more intelligent than it may appear to be, and at the end when the credits started rolling I was left wanting more. Expand
  18. Feb 28, 2011
    Awesome, mind-blowing game! I was really surprised how different and fresh is this game. Don't listen to the negative review. It's a fresh breeze in FPS genre and definitely worth playing.
  19. Feb 28, 2011
    One of the most fun FPS I've played since the first bioshock. I absolutely enjoyed the creativity and added RPG elements of this game something more developers should take note of when making fps-type games. I'm not a huge fan of the cheesy dialogue, mainly taking note when Grayson and Ishi are on the elevator during the 3rd chapter.. Everything else about the game is just amazing. Visuals are nice, detailed and vivid, character models maybe not so much. In conclusion bulletstorm is probably one of the more unique and notable fps games in recent times, I would definitely like to see more shooters with this much interactivity. Expand
  20. Mar 11, 2011
    This game is simply fantastic. Really good graphics, nice sounds and music, but the most important aspect in Bullestorm is gameplay. It's incredible. Pacing is outstanding, skillshots are awesome and finally game is really fun. Must have for all FPS fans :)
  21. Mar 1, 2011
    This game is different than CoD, MoH, BF, blah blah blah. Not better, nor worse. Just different. Good graphics, good music and good gameplay - but it's hard to hit the market today without such a basis. Bulletstorm also provides a fantastic game. First of all, a solid dose of humor. This is a recently neglected in FPS games. Instead of humor we get often banal, pathetic, crudely patriotic talks. Bulletstorm distances itself. It's nice to return to the roots of FPS games. Similarly, a pleasant surprise is the ranking system of Echo, where you can compete with your friends in the race for best score for a spectacular fight on selected pieces of maps. For me it's definitely one of the best debuts of recent years. Expand
  22. Mar 2, 2011
    Finally, a fresh first person shooter that focus on being fun instead of serious. The time I spent with Bulletstorm is definitely worth it and even after the single player campaign Iâ
  23. Mar 3, 2011
    When I first started playing Bulletstorm I was a little disappointed. The first real level has you going around looking for a battery to help your friend, and the gameplay was kind of dull. And then you get the leash, and the skillshot system is introduced. At first you can only do simple skillshots, such as kicking someone into an exploding barrel, or shooting them in the neck for a "Gag Reflex". As you progress through the story you unlock more badass weapons which allow you to pull of more complex skillshots. This is wherethe real fun of bulletstorm is, gleefully discovering new, more gruesome ways to torture your foes. You could just shoot a guy, or with a little planning and strategy you could cover him in grenades, kick him into a group of his pals and detonate for a "gand bang" skillshot. Everything is thoughtfully designed to allow you to be as creative as possible with your kills. The weapons range from a standard carbine, to a 4 barrelled shotgun that shoots air rounds to blast your foes backwards, to a gun that shoots spinnings drills which can be used to skewer multiple enemies together, netting you a "shishkebab" skillshot. In short, these are some of the most creative armaments i have seen since Duke 3D. In Bulletstorm, you will find some of the best setpeices in gaming history. To name a few, your travels take you to a big city, where you use gravity boots to walk sideways down a skyscraper, looking down at traffic travveling below you. Inside a crashed starship, on top of a collapsing dam, and a miniature city, where you are as tall as the skyscrapers. Echoes mode is great for people who like to compete against their friends, or just aim for the highest score possible. It is a great, addicting mode that takes some of the best moments from the story and lets you try to acheive the highest score possible. The coop survival style multiplayer mode, Anarchy is also a lot of fun. Instead of just surviving waves of enemies, you have to reach a certain skillpoint total before you run out of enemies. It isn't ever a huge number, and is more just to get people to play using the skillshots instead of forcing you to try and get 1000 points out of every enemy. Anarchy has a leveling system where you unlock new armour, camos, and leashes as you progress. There are a couple of shortcomings to this game, such as the fairly long load times and the fairly short campaign, which clocked in at about ten hours on normal difficulty. Overall though, this game has way more ups then downs, and if you are looking for a fun, fresh, colorful, and funny game that doesnt take itself seriously, then dont even hesitate. Go buy Bulletstorm, now. Expand
  24. Mar 17, 2011
    I haven't had this much simple pure fun playing a game in a long time. People complain about the language, but you can turn on a filter if you don't want to hear it. It didn't bother me at all. The weapons are cool, the leash and whole "kill with skill" idea is great to experiment with. "Echoes" - an arcade mode where you play for points through sections of the main campaign is lots of fun as well. It keeps me going back for more. The only complaint I have about the game is that I can't seem to get into online multiplayer - I made it in once or twice, but that was it. Expand
  25. Mar 22, 2011
    Bulletstorm came as an unexpected surprise. Actually didn't had any high hopes for the game but when I inserted the disc and started playing I couldn't stop and played through the whole solo campaign in one session. Love the game, a candidate for best game of the year!

Graphics: Wonderful!! As good as it gets on PS3!

Sound: What you expect, good surround and the sounds of your weapons
    make them feel really powerful. The only negative is some of the ambient sounds. Like the waterfalls, when you are standing only a couple of meters from them its not the roar you could expect. But the character dialog is good and dont listen to the people who complains about the dickjokes, its actually not that often and really is what you expect from hardcore military guys.

Story: Actually a really good story for a FPS and you actually want to play on just to see what happens in the next chapter in the storyline. In the end of the single-person story you just know there will definitely be a sequel to this excellent game.

Multiplayer: Had some problems finding a game so can´t really write something here.

Replay value: Ok, because you just want to play it again and try out all the kill-shots you missed the first time.

Overall: A shooter that doesn't get boring. Why? Because of the kill-moves, you really try to be as creative as possible in killing your enemies just to get more points for guns, ammo and upgrades. The solo-campaign is way too short!! Its actually the first game I have played through in one session. I hope they will release updates with new solo content.

If it wasn't for the lame ambient sounds and the short solo campaign I would have give it a solid 10 but now it gets a 9 instead.

Sorry for my bad English, its not my primary language. :)
  26. Mar 23, 2011
    After getting sick of same colour shooters I have really enjoyed the over-the-top, colourful gameplay this game has to offer, and finding all the different skillshots adds longevity to the game. Definitely worth buying
  27. Mar 26, 2011
    I bought this game expecting the worse being that the game was all hype because of the Gears 3 beta... But once i started playing the campaign i got deep into it and the multiplayer is fun as hell. Great game
  28. Mar 29, 2011
    I think Bulletstorm is absolutely amazing. It's been a long time since i had this much fun with a first person shooter. Everything looks wonderful, and runs really smoothly. Until now, for me, Bulletstorm is the best game that has been released this year. They actually do bring "The fun back in the gun" The game really has some epic moments, like in the beginning when you walk down the building with the city on the background, absolutely amazing, or the giant spinwheel, the robot dinosaur, the dam etc etc. There are two things i like to have seen in this game, 1 is, it would be perfect if it run at 60 fps, and a Quake / Unreal style death match / team death match mode with the combo system turned of, would be freak-in awesome. (Otherwise it would not be possible because of the bullet time moments.) It is indeed a bit short, but i actually think i will be playing this game a couple of times more from te beginning to the end, because its simply the most fun shooter i have played in ages, it looks fantastic and runs very smoothly. I hereby wish to thank People can Fly for this amazing experience ! Please...Keep up the good work ! You guys rock ! Expand
  29. Apr 10, 2011
    ok maybe it's not the greatest game of epic, but it's funny and you will have 10 hours of entertainment, later of this, you will not play this game anymore.
  30. Apr 22, 2011
    2000AD meets PS3. Gorgeous environments. Ludicrous violence. The Skillpoints system is a remarkably satisfying currency collection mechanic, that turns out to be incredibly compelling. Adding titles for each of the Skillshots make the whole thing reels like a drunk barfight straight out of the pages of Judge Dredd.
    The 2 big criticisms that have been levelled at this game, and sparked my
    initial reservations to purchase, were the length of the campaign and the foul language. Neither is particularly fair criticism. Yes, the script is filthy, but has it's moments, and fits quite well with the rest of the over-the-top social incorrectness. This game is a gleeful, naughty adult distraction, and a serious script and tone would seem just killjoy. As for the length of the game, this too does not take into account the design effort put into each of the 7 Chapters, and the overall attention to detail.
    The environments are rich and varied, and I think the developers aimed for a short but tight experience over a sprawling and ugly one. (I'm looking at you, Mass Effect 2). Coupled with the fact that the real satisfaction in the game-play comes from getting the most Skillpoints out of a group of enemies, the length of the game matters less than the quality of the experience.
  31. May 17, 2011
    I 'd like to start off by saying that this game has something that many games are lacking these days, FUN. It brings a genuinely new and fresh vibe to the first person shooter,It feels great to control and has great graphics and art direction,many huge vistas to behold.Bulletstorm also has great setpieces,controlling a giant mechadinosaur is a great highlight.Coming from epic games and people can fly I wouldent expect any less,great job guys Expand
  32. May 18, 2011
    As a mature gamer (37) I was put off this because of the dialogue and the skillshot part of it. My God what a mistake. Yes its linear, but the level designs are excellent and the skillshot is amazing. It can be switched off in the options so you dont have to have numbers all over the screen (although they dont spoil the gameplay when on). The dialogue is superbly written and has a depth and sense of humour that just do not exist in fps games of late. Its the first game I have finished (which isnt that short really) and immediately restarted. Unfortunately the PSN isnt fully functional so I cant get onto the multiplayer which I am itching to do. Its a great ride and a lot more suttle, clever and enjoyable than first meets the eye. Collapse
  33. Jun 5, 2011
    Despite the multitude of jocular references to mostly male genitalia, this one glued me to the screen. The action was fast-paced, the story was OK, the gameplay was fantastic. I recently have had enough of games which have only one, maximum two ways of killing a boss, and if you don't manage to do that, again from the previous checkpoint. Bulletstorm also has checkpoints, but i never found them frustrating, mostly because it always represented the chance of getting more points. Highly recommendable. Expand
  34. Jul 15, 2011
    Bulletstorm is creative and in the same way sometimes bland. Finding ways to kill your enemies/, something i never saw in games ever in my life, while there are times that in the battlefield there are scarce enemies it can get boring. Nothing than that, just cool.
  35. Sep 15, 2011
    I purchased this game last week after a friend told me of it's brilliance, when I put it into my Playstation it needed a very short 9 minute update which i was pleased with as most older games now have updates of 100 minutes and more. I started the campaign and it felt a lot like Gears of War but then all of the special shots and little extras were introduced. I find it very enjoyable and I can play it when I feel like it, some games I play I have to concentrate in order to succeed so this becomes a chore, but not this game, it's enjoyable if you just want to chiill out after a hard days work but it still has a gripping campaign. I haven't tried the online yet but the campaign has taken me roughly 6 hours so far and i'm about to start the final act of the game. I would highly recommend to all FPS fans and the graphics are truley stunning. The attnetion to detail is phenomenal. There are a few flaws such as it sometimes jams for a second or 2, but this is minor. Checkpoints are very frequent so if you die you don't have to replay 10 minutes worth of killing again! A must buy in my oppinion! Expand
  36. Jul 25, 2012
    I had meant to buy this game long ago when it first came out but somehow it slipped past me until today. I picked it up used for $14 bucks and holy cow! This game is fantastic!! The weapon variety even if the customization is limited. The visuals are top notch and the game plays like a dream. You can literally kill your enemies in the most unbelievable of ways as you progress and unlock new equipment and master your skill set. The dialogue is also well voiced and hysterical but not for kids. The stream of obscenity that flows from your characters mouth would make a sailor blush, which I personally think is awesome. This game should be a must play for anyone even remotely into the FPS genre, truly a masterpiece. Expand
  37. Aug 18, 2012
    Fast, Brutal, Fun, Unique, Loud!
    This is a very different take on regular FPS games, your always thinking of you new and unique ways to kill your enemies and it's spectacular when pull off an awesome Kill/kill's, leaves you thinking to yourself "Goddamn I'm awesome!"..
    Great bosses, hilarious characters, This is a must have for all you FPS fans out there!
  38. Oct 16, 2012
    This is the perfect answer to the barrage of military shooters that have been getting popular as of late. Great settings and environment, clever writing, and ingenious gameplay mechanics. The more creative the kills, the more points, thus more guns. There's only one thing that hold this game from being perfect, and thats the ending of the campaign. I wont spoil it for you, but lets just say from a plot perspective, it goes against the mood of the whole game. All in all, if your sick of COD, this is the breath of fresh air you need, just be ready for some well said curse words. Expand
  39. Nov 24, 2012
    Very enjoyable game. It's not so serious like e.g. Killzone or Call of Duty, it's also much faster and lighter. Actually, I think some people can find this game too light and too fast. But as a fan of first Killzone (climate, climate, climate!), after finishing Bulletstorm I feel satisfied. Before you play you should take under consideration, that this is not another "real-life" game, but just a game, for fun, for explosions and for hundreds of dead enemies, Expand
  40. Jan 18, 2013
    Bulletstorm is a great game, I really enjoyed playing it. The game is packed with action, you should definitely try it out. The characters are ruthless and the story is good. The game has a great enviroment and there are so many ways of eliminating your enemies. The only thing that is dumbing down this game is the sniper because it's so tiresome to kill enemies with a tracking bullet when they repeat the same movements over and over again. It's a big shame that Bulletstorm 2 got cancelled, the story seems very unfinished. Expand
  41. May 18, 2011

1. The biggest problem Bulletstorm has is that it's at odds with itself. It wants you to have a blast killing imaginatively, but gives you limited ammunition, uses cheap tactics and saves the best toys until way too late in the game. It wants you to revel in the wonderfully hackneyed story, but then suddenly gets all touchy feely, serious and humourless for no reason. [May 2011 p.75]
  2. May 24, 2011
    Bulletstorm is not only offering a lot of enemies to shoot. We did not expect such good character development and such an entertaining story.
  3. Mar 27, 2011
    Bulletstorm is the NFL Blitz of first-person shooters.