4.5

1. Sep 9, 2014
    This game is Fantastic. It reminds me of the first Assassins Creed game, not because of gameplay but because of initial flack it received from the gamer community. Will this new IP appeal to every player right off the bat? No, but it will develop a following that will look forward to any materials released later in the series.

This is an excellent shooter, with elements that let me

This is an excellent shooter, with elements that let me adjust my character to serve my playing style. The class system is good, and maybe with more classes and customization this game could be "Legend". Currently most people are running the same character builds, and it makes it hard for me to have the identity that I want in a game like this.

The loot system is good, and could be better if there were more chests to open up. (Maybe I just can't find them). I can equip the guns I want to have, rather than most shooters where I am limited to a very few types of arms. So this easily beats out the vast majority of Shooters I have played when it comes to playing how I want to. Which is important in a game like this.

Something this game could add to make the experience more personal would be player houses, or pets. This game should be more about individuality.

This game has excellent music, and the voice acting from Dinklage is nice fan service for the nerd community.

The levels can feel repetitive, but if you have ever played an MMO it is not as bad as the vast majority of them. Skyrims dungeons were mostly the same, but that did not stop it from being a great game.

This game feels better when playing with friends, and if you lack friends you can meet people to form sorties or make guilds. Occasionally Solo players will be forced to sortie up around Boss Time, and that can be annoying.

Overall Bungie delivered exactly what they promised, a fresh new IP with great gameplay. We can always ask for more, but that does not prevent this game from being one of the best games of the year.
  2. Sep 9, 2014
    If you're a fan of repetitive games, you'll love Destiny. You get to shoot people over and over again for no reason. There's nothing to do in freeroam.
  3. Sep 9, 2014
    Currently 5 hours in and I'm already beginning to stare at my paint drying rather then fulfil another "fetch questy" type mission with all the enthusiasm of an exorcism.

Yes the missions in this game are pretty much cut/paste/glue "lets go down the pub lads job well done" -_- Don't get me started on the enemy types, but if you like fighting deranged AI that looks like it just crawled

Don't get me started on the enemy types, but if you like fighting deranged AI that looks like it just crawled out of George Lucas's basement with a different slap of paint of them as you trudge through the game then more power to you.

If you're a fan of Peter Dinklage then you will probably hate me for this but his performance was a little 'weak' now I'm not too sure if it's intended that way but he does come across as disinterested and poorly executed to boot.

Besides that the game looks great, excellent guns (the way they shoot/recoil etc) very tight gameplay, but I feel this rushed and not the game we all thought it could be
  4. Sep 9, 2014
    Short and simple review.
    It's an MMO. if you don't like FPS MMO's Don't buy it!
    it's not 'Revolutionary' but not bad. so the normal(generic) MMO rule will apply: -repetitive -online only -very basic story -their version of 'Difficult' is more bad guys, with more HP, and more damage, and faster attacks -Pretty dumb AI (challenge stems from mainly just staying alive, and hiding)
    Short and simple review.
    It's an MMO. if you don't like FPS MMO's Don't buy it!
    it's not 'Revolutionary' but not bad.

so the normal(generic) MMO rule will apply:
    -repetitive
    -online only
    -very basic story
    -Pretty dumb AI (challenge stems from mainly just staying alive, and hiding)
    -you can run around and 'explore' but there not much to find

So if you hate MMO tropes just don't buy it.

(also the FOV is super low, like 45 or something, eww)

But what it dose offer is a hard difficulty, not just missions marked as hard,
    but the ability to replay levels with more challenge, and the ability to take on missions that are above your level.

And that's where the real enjoyment comes in (for me at least)
    the main game is SUPER EASY, I've solo'd every area so far up to level 9.
    and from the first Area I got 95+% of my kills from melee,
    I'd stab a few, and if I get hit, hide behind a rock for a few seconds then continue.
    That was fun for a while, but kind of got boring.

But jump into a higher level area, and you'll not only get stronger enemies, but they are much better at tracking you down, so you have to keep moving from cover to cover in order to keep from being killed.
    and if you die in a 'dark zone' then you keep the EXP, but you have to start the area over again, without having your ammo recovered!
    Waste all your shotgun shells on that wizard?
    too bad! you have to try again, without the shotgun.

it's just too bad you can't play the whole game like that.
    like have an option to just skip to hard mode without beating the levels that start on 'normal'
    but after a few hours they open up more options,
    but why could it not start like that?

Anyway, it's a cool game, but you have to put some time in before you can get to what I would consider to be the more fun stuff.

It's pretty fun, but I can't see it lasting as long as some of the bigger MMO's
    I will definitely not be still playing this this time next year.
    even with expansion packs.
  5. Sep 9, 2014
    You might as well just play Borderlands 2. This game is a waste of $60.00. It's a combination of Borderlands and Halo, but without any of the fun. Little to no interesting story or characters. The character customization leaves a lot to be desired. The only saving grave of this game is Peter Dinklage and the graphics. Otherwise, it's just another mediocre shooter that feels like it'sYou might as well just play Borderlands 2. This game is a waste of $60.00. It's a combination of Borderlands and Halo, but without any of the fun. Little to no interesting story or characters. The character customization leaves a lot to be desired. The only saving grave of this game is Peter Dinklage and the graphics. Otherwise, it's just another mediocre shooter that feels like it's trying to be Halo, but with horribly repetitive quests/missions that makes the game bland and uninteresting. Re-visit the same locations over and over in "Old Russia" and fight the same types of enemies. Sense of character progression is missing and nearly existent, despite the skill tree. It's missing all of the charm and fun that games like Borderlands 2 deliver on and feels like another generic shooter that's trying to be an MMO (eg. Defiance). With the limitations on voice chat, it leaves you feeling as if you are playing alone or with A.I. and without that MMO "feel" or interesting story to speak of, it ends up feeling like you're playing some fancy Free-To-Play shooter like Warframe. Expand
  6. Sep 11, 2014
    Wanted, like everyone else, to be excited for this. When I first heard and read about it, it seemed like a great premise with some exciting gameplay to boot. Unfortunately once I read the news that it wasn't going to launch with the whole solar system available and that you don't actually control your own ship. I knew it was going to be a major let down. The beta only confirmed it for me.Wanted, like everyone else, to be excited for this. When I first heard and read about it, it seemed like a great premise with some exciting gameplay to boot. Unfortunately once I read the news that it wasn't going to launch with the whole solar system available and that you don't actually control your own ship. I knew it was going to be a major let down. The beta only confirmed it for me. Proves that the gaming business only cares about rushing out products for max profitability. Not to mention all this DLC bonus junk. 60 for something half-assed is a scam. No one should support it. They say it cost 500 million to make? Outright lie. A couple other reasons for the score? Repetitive missions. Abysmal weapons. Terrible enemies. Tacky menu system. List goes on. Will hold out for The Evil Within and Alien Isolation. The latter being the best bang for buck this Halloween. Trick or treat. Expand
  7. Sep 10, 2014
    Destiny is an a MMO FPS with no social chat system, very limited character customization, no trade system or player housing. Bungie made this game for the FPS community but will have to appease the MMO players if it wants Destiny to survive.
  8. Sep 10, 2014
    This game has a lot of repetition, and is boooring. All the missions are identical. Every mission looks the same... Don't buy it, save your money to holiday hits.
  9. Sep 9, 2014
    It seems a poor man's Borderlands 2, without the loot fun and the RPGish elements. Friends who got the game also spoke of disappointment, though the multiplayer has got some nice aspects to it.
  10. Sep 12, 2014
    Awful game, deceptive marketing, boring, repetitive gameplay. Don't support developers who seek the easy way out to take your money. It's a shame this is what it has come to.
  11. Sep 12, 2014
  12. Sep 12, 2014
    Boring, repetitive. It feels like Bungie sank most of their $500 million budget into marketing and advertising. They even banned official reviews after release to sell as many copies as possible before reviews start showing up to ruin the Metacritic score. This game feels like a cash grab, with Bungie just trying to get as much money as possible. I never felt ripped off by a game, exceptBoring, repetitive. It feels like Bungie sank most of their $500 million budget into marketing and advertising. They even banned official reviews after release to sell as many copies as possible before reviews start showing up to ruin the Metacritic score. This game feels like a cash grab, with Bungie just trying to get as much money as possible. I never felt ripped off by a game, except Mass Effect 3. Where is the old Bungie I used to know? The one that loved to make GAMES?? Now they only love making MONEY. Expand
  13. Sep 9, 2014
    This game is amazing. There is so much content included it's hard to believe it's only one game! Modes for any mood, appeals for MMO players and FPS players. A story that pulls you in, a universe where you actually want to explore every nook and cranny. Loot system is fair enough, it will definitely keep you coming back. I recommend this game to anyone who was a fan of halo, but is readyThis game is amazing. There is so much content included it's hard to believe it's only one game! Modes for any mood, appeals for MMO players and FPS players. A story that pulls you in, a universe where you actually want to explore every nook and cranny. Loot system is fair enough, it will definitely keep you coming back. I recommend this game to anyone who was a fan of halo, but is ready for something new. I recommend it to fans of borderlands, and anyone looking for a fun Sci-Fi shooter. Expand
  14. ESG
    Sep 9, 2014
    Played this game from launch, almost solid for 15 hours. I did some missions, knocked around The Tower, grinded around Earth for a bit and yes there is supposed to be a grind, most FPS needs grind for unlocks. Then a few missions on The Moon before a few games in The Crucible, only lvl 11 after all that so I give it a 10 as I really find it to be far more than the normal FPS offering.Played this game from launch, almost solid for 15 hours. I did some missions, knocked around The Tower, grinded around Earth for a bit and yes there is supposed to be a grind, most FPS needs grind for unlocks. Then a few missions on The Moon before a few games in The Crucible, only lvl 11 after all that so I give it a 10 as I really find it to be far more than the normal FPS offering. Plenty of weapons to choose from and I understand plenty more after lvl 20. SP is larger than the avarage due to exploration being key to this game. AI is cool and Bungie always seemed to have this locked down(remember the H4 spamfest was not Bungie) so I have no worries. Also this can ALL be shared with our friends all the way so if you have 0 friends then why not jump in and make some more, Bungie has the greatest community ever and it just got bigger. Currently playing on PS3 but the power of this game will make me buy a PS4...again. Expand
  15. Sep 14, 2014
    Biggest disappointement ever. It was supposed to be a great game, with a lot of content, lot of things to do, lots of planets to explore... It just look like a f**king demo! Do NOT put 50$ in that, it is not worth it at all. There are only 3 goods points, the gameplay is fine, the graphics are nice and the musics pretty good. That's it, it is not a MMO, main quest can only be done with 2Biggest disappointement ever. It was supposed to be a great game, with a lot of content, lot of things to do, lots of planets to explore... It just look like a f**king demo! Do NOT put 50$ in that, it is not worth it at all. There are only 3 goods points, the gameplay is fine, the graphics are nice and the musics pretty good. That's it, it is not a MMO, main quest can only be done with 2 other players and the socail aspect sucks, it is not an adventure game either (forget everything you heard about Mass Effect, because it's not), it is just a boring FPS, far from Halo or Borderlands. What a waste. Expand
  16. Sep 11, 2014
    Something like Borderlands with better shooting, music and graphics. Campaign could be longer but there are tons of multilayer content and quests for epic loot. This game is not revolutionary by any means... but it is still almost pure perfection. Soo good.
  17. Sep 12, 2014
    Alot like Borderlands but also reminds me of a cheap knock off of ME series. I guess others wont agree but I did not like ME at all so this game made me happy I rented it. 2 hours was enough
  18. Sep 10, 2014
    As I've stepped away from gaming for a while, I hadn't heard anything about this game prior to release. My brother stayed at my house for the midnight launch. When he brought it back and I saw him playing it, I went and bought a copy myself and have been playing pretty much non-stop since.

PvE: The gameplay mechanics are brilliant, there's a serious sense of accomplishment to bringing

PvE:
    The gameplay mechanics are brilliant, there's a serious sense of accomplishment to bringing down a high level boss. The Strikes are really good fun (3 Player Co-Op only missions) and you need a good strategy / team to come out on top.
    The various missions and side quests you get are a bit "cookie cutter", but mixing it up with taking Bounties, running Strikes and joining Fireteams really does help cut the monotony of "Kill this" and "Collect that".
    The Story is a tiny bit non-existent, there is a story and you do see cut-scenes... I just don't know what's going on and nothing has made me care enough to find out. But then, that isn't anything unusual for an MMO game.

PvP:
    I've had mixed feelings for the PvP aspect. You get the same kind of offerings as any other multiplayer shooter game, but there's nothing new or exciting in there. Your levelling bonuses and equipment are all "evened out" so you don't get that one guy in Level 20 Legendary Gear dominating everyone, but in the same stroke it kind of makes your equipment feel useless.
    I do certainly like how you earn EXP in PvP though. I had a few games of Control in the Crucible and went from level 10 to 13 (which is great when you consider that you "Max Out" at 20 and the max level is 26).

Overall:
    I would say that it's a game, genre and experience all to itself. I've always liked the idea of an MMO Shooter, (I've tried Defiance, MAG, Boarderlands and PlanetSide) but they all fell a bit short of what I really wanted. Defiance wasn't very stable or fun, MAG had no real progression, PlanetSide was only PvP and Boarderlands is missing the MMO aspect.
    Destiny has nearly-everything that I liked about all of those games, and fixes the parts that I didn't.

The first time I got pinned down by a hoard of enemies and wrote myself off as dead, only to be saved because two guys just happened to be passing by on a different mission... I knew I had found a gaming experience unlike any other shooter on the market.
  19. Sep 26, 2014
    I have been trying to grasp which game I previously played reminds of Destiny, and the closest I can think of is Infinity Blade from iOS. Both games have impressive production values, and fun gameplay mechanics. Both also rely too much on grinding repetitive missions to upgrade your character and weapons and have a random loot system. In a platform like iOS, a game like Infinity Blade isI have been trying to grasp which game I previously played reminds of Destiny, and the closest I can think of is Infinity Blade from iOS. Both games have impressive production values, and fun gameplay mechanics. Both also rely too much on grinding repetitive missions to upgrade your character and weapons and have a random loot system. In a platform like iOS, a game like Infinity Blade is forgivable, but in a console it wouldn't last a week. That's the main problem with Destiny. It is a shame that on such a solid foundation, the game falls into some bad, and sometimes, completely amateurish design decisions. The multiplayer is a good example. The maps are fun, the gunplay is outstanding, the pace is perfect. Yet, the whole experience is ruined by its lack of balance. Despite what the developer says, you'll be canon fodder entering multiplayer with a low level character and low-level guns. The variety of the guns themselves are limited to random stat points. The amount of launch maps are not even enough to hold the game for more than a few weeks. That brings the issue of the lack of content, the shallowness of the story, the bosses that require little strategy but to empty magazine after magazine for what seems an eternity. These, and other elements, taint the game's potential to be awesome.

Sure, Destiny is fun to play, but there's not a lot to do in the game after the endless grinding settles. It is an incomplete game, you're paying full price for. It's a $40 game priced at $60, plus the extra dough for the expansions. For lack of a better word, it's a ripoff.
  20. Sep 11, 2014
    This game is not bad, it doesn't deserve a zero, but i understand why people tends to get down all the 10 notes also. The fact is Destiny is for the moment a simple FPS with some leveling and gear, as was Borderlands. It has good gameplay , except for the AI to be somewhat basic, and lacks diversity on ennemies. It is very repetitive though , no real MMO aspect due to the fact you can'tThis game is not bad, it doesn't deserve a zero, but i understand why people tends to get down all the 10 notes also. The fact is Destiny is for the moment a simple FPS with some leveling and gear, as was Borderlands. It has good gameplay , except for the AI to be somewhat basic, and lacks diversity on ennemies. It is very repetitive though , no real MMO aspect due to the fact you can't really communicate with other people and no real teamwork is required except ressurecting your allies, so why not implementing solo offline so we can pause when needed and not suffer network issues ? i understand bungie wants it online only but for the very limited possibility we get from it, i can't see why. In Borderlands you could also coop up to 4 players online , nothing new there. Also if graphics are awesome on next gen consoles, and i saw videos that proves it, for the PS3 the resolution downgrade with aliasing and blur filter makes 3D ugly despite good designed characters and landscapes, so i guess it was intended for next gen and they didn't put many effort on the old gen graphic ports, really graphics are bad like if you set Guild Wars 2 to "high performance/low quality" for example, same result. PS3 can do better and has already made in terms of 3D.
    So..... not a bad game for fps lovers, but nothing really new for a title that promised us awesomeness. A friend of mine possess the game and share his account with me so i'm not the complaining guy that wants its money back. I just thinks that if bungie doesn't delivers lots of improvements in little time, and i mean free updates and real players response improvements, i can understand why some players will be furious, and i thinks it might be a flop worth 500 M$ of mainly marketing promises, coz players will go on other games for sure, games that tries to improve video game offering. As for what you can offer in 2014 with just more powerfull machines, is another debate.
  21. Oct 6, 2014
    Easily the most disappointing game I have ever played. I played Destiny every day for about two to six hours a session for almost a month hoping that it would get better…it never did. I deleted this game last night and I vow I will never buy another title from Bungie or Activision anytime in the near future and I do not care how good the reviews are. I want my $60 back!

The character

The character generator is lack luster to say the least and considering you and everyone else in the game are wearing helmets 99% of the time what is the point. Your character has no special back-story or traits nor at anytime while playing Destiny will you ever feel any special attachment to your character, as they are just a cog in the machine, senselessly grinding away.

Secondly, the ship you purchase, regardless of how much you spend, will serve no other purpose than to be a loading screen. How pathetic, at minimum your character should be able to deck out their spacecraft, call down an airstrike or go inside and use the ship for crafting weapons upgrades, something, anything besides just being a floating turdy loading screen.

Leveling is stupid as hell as each mission is the same as the last. “Go to X on your map while clearing out small pockets of enemies along the way. Once at X use your Ghost to open a door or unlock a tricky computer code. While your Ghost is doing that hold off swarms of enemies that slowly increase in difficulty until a “boss”, character shows up that looks exactly like the regular guys. Kill boss.” Rinse and repeat. And then once you beat the game you get to experience the joy of running the exact same missions all over again just on a higher difficulty setting which merely means the enemies have more hp and fire more powerful weapons however, they react exactly the same and look exactly the same as their lower level counterparts.

Destiny’s storyline is completely nonexistent. What little story that is present is ripped straight from RIFT the MMORPG. The comparison is unavoidable “You were dead, but have been given a second chance, brought back to life by a mysterious force in the future to battle a new growing evil.” Sound familiar? Even the names of the good and bad forces in the game are strikingly all too similar. Rift has Guardians and Defiant while Destiny has Guardians and Fallen. Even after beating the game, you are still left feeling as if giant chunks are missing from the story, which will be revealed later in paid updates.

PVP is complete garbage as the teams are always unbalanced because of the screwed up team balancing system. There will be six players on one team and three on the other. Gear score (defense) means nothing, regardless of how much you grind for gear. You can be decked out in purples and blues and still get one shot by an entry level player in green and grey gear wielding a shotgun.

High level PVE is a joke, as I mentioned earlier, all you do is run the same missions you ran to level up your character just on higher difficulties. Within a few days, you are burnt out from the repetition. The patrol missions can be thrown in to spice things up a bit, but what is the point considering they garner you nothing special after completion. And guess what? Every mission and patrol has your character starting in the exact same location on the map every single time! Every single god damn time!

Destiny was advertised as a socially engaging, ever changing, open world environment, which is complete **** The maps are small and within a few patrol missions, you will have discovered and seen everything Destiny has to offer. You do not feel any type of social connection with other players except rarely when an “event” takes place, which again, is a direct rip off of RIFT’s Rift openings. These events are again repetitious and annoyingly similar to everything else you have been doing in the game already.

The gear may be the most egregious error as you will spend literally 20 to 30 hours grinding just to get a purple codex only to have it open up and be a shard or a weapon that you do not use. Worse yet, if you are lucky enough to get a legendary to drop that you can use, once equipped it looks exactly the same as your standard weapon. I found myself face palming and screaming repeatedly as I put on the new gear only to see the new epic gear looked identical to the gear it just replaced.

Destiny promoted itself as a FPS/MMORPG; however, in reality it is nothing more than Call of Duty in space.

I will finish by saying that out of shear annoyance, disappointment and rage at this game I broke a controller nearly in half. This game will piss you off and leave you feeling like you are just spinning your wheels as there is no big payoff…ever.
  22. Sep 15, 2014
    This is the next FPS from the guys who made Halo, with some poorly implemented MMO elements. Many of the user reviewers have clearly never played a MMO, and this has all the repetitive enemies, quests, and town runs for rewards MMO players are used to, without the diversity in gameplay most MMOs offer - This game is ONLY shooting. For anyone thinking this is a RPG you will beThis is the next FPS from the guys who made Halo, with some poorly implemented MMO elements. Many of the user reviewers have clearly never played a MMO, and this has all the repetitive enemies, quests, and town runs for rewards MMO players are used to, without the diversity in gameplay most MMOs offer - This game is ONLY shooting. For anyone thinking this is a RPG you will be disappointed. All 3 classes are shooting classes, and all your new abilities just make you shoot better despite Warcraft lifted class names like "Warlock", and powers like "Voidwalker". The gameplay is a series of shoot-outs, well done, but very repetitive with little deviation. You play on a series of large maps with extremely repetitive structures and environments, so it does not have that open world feel at all. All the cool fights are instanced, and you can only group with your existing friends even though other solo players are in the environment. There is no block system, so crouching behind barricades is your defense. Parts of this game are horrible attempts at things that are the norm in other genres. The story is not as clear as Halo, but feels like Halo. The shooting and graphics are really good. Another user review said "deceptive marketing", and I couldn't agree more. Expand
  23. Sep 15, 2014
    this is my THIRD review of the game, i had given it a 8 but now im dropping that to a 5/10. here is why

i have this very minute finished the game and i can assure you its a huge let down, i had to actually YouTube the ending to make sure it was the same thing as i just witnessed, its the same concept as every other. You get on your sparrow ride through, get to a gate deploy ghost, he does his business, fight some enemies, go through a gate, kill some more goblin robots, then you are presented with fighting 3 of the boss's (all seperately) with the yellow writing (you will know what i mean if youve played it) and they are the EXACT same as the boss's from the previous level and i think they are also EASIER to kill, once youve done that the mission ending timer counts down, you go back to the tower and speak to the speaker, he does a little speech , THATS IT, not even any end credits!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is the EXACT same as every other boring level.

the only thing i like about the game is the visuals and the levelling up but thats all pointless now, unless you fancy doing the same boring stuff in crucible over and over again.

You might see a trend here with the game - "repetitive" - awful!! - oh and certainly no replay value!

the second worst ending ive ever seen in a video game behind sniperghost warrior on 360. 4/10
  24. Sep 20, 2014
    After about a week of watching my son play this, and seeing the frustration he has felt due to the connectivity issues, and the time I have spent trying to fix it, I cannot rate this game very high. It looks like a fine game, maybe nothing about it makes me really want to play it anymore. It looks like most sci-fi first person shooters. However, this is our usual M.O. One of us buys aAfter about a week of watching my son play this, and seeing the frustration he has felt due to the connectivity issues, and the time I have spent trying to fix it, I cannot rate this game very high. It looks like a fine game, maybe nothing about it makes me really want to play it anymore. It looks like most sci-fi first person shooters. However, this is our usual M.O. One of us buys a game, we both try it. I am probably going to pass this one up. If my son was not kicked off so often, I might rate it a little higher. Expand
  25. Sep 12, 2014
    Very good game even ignoring all the hype. It's one that's going to evolve and grow over time much like a MMO so its hard to give it a final score. The game wont appeal to everyone, but its far from being as bad as all these low scores suggest. Expect this to be a larger and richer game in the future as the universe expands.
  26. Sep 20, 2014
    Not to discredit well thought reviews, but if someone gives this game less than a 7.5 is crazy. This game is the first of a new genre, and Bungie isn't afraid to take risks with their latest IP. The multiplayer is great and the story is fun. My only complaint is world/server disconnects. The graphics are great, but even better, the visuals are spectacular. The story requires you put thingsNot to discredit well thought reviews, but if someone gives this game less than a 7.5 is crazy. This game is the first of a new genre, and Bungie isn't afraid to take risks with their latest IP. The multiplayer is great and the story is fun. My only complaint is world/server disconnects. The graphics are great, but even better, the visuals are spectacular. The story requires you put things together for yourself but I thought it was good. The gameplay is flawless. As they release free content through patches and work on expansions, I'm sure this great game will just get better. Seriously, you can't please some people.. it isn't a shooter/RPG. It is the first of a new breed. Expand
  27. Sep 9, 2014
    Awesome world. Great opportunity to explore. Wonderfull shooting mechanics. Interesting LORE. Some kind of magic. What else do you need from the shooter?
  28. Sep 11, 2014
    Game is very much worth buying don't let bad reviews discourage you all the people that like the game are both sane and to busy playing the game to write a review.
  29. Sep 13, 2014
    Incredibly great game. For me it's one of the best games in PS3's history - awesome gameplay, interesting and clever game mechanics, immersing PvE and absolutely excellent PvP. The graphics are obviously not as nice as in the next-gen versions, but still looks really great and I haven't encountered any framerate drops no matter what was happening on-screen. I really can't understand howIncredibly great game. For me it's one of the best games in PS3's history - awesome gameplay, interesting and clever game mechanics, immersing PvE and absolutely excellent PvP. The graphics are obviously not as nice as in the next-gen versions, but still looks really great and I haven't encountered any framerate drops no matter what was happening on-screen. I really can't understand how can anyone give this game so ridiculously low score as 0,1... It only distorts the average score and it's obvious that these stupid trolls have never even spent a second playing Destiny. Expand
  30. Sep 18, 2014
    My oh my if you need a really expensive coaster fer your coffee table this is it. i can find no reason to justify paying for this game.If it was free i still would not play..unfortunatley i payed don't make the same mistake..Definetly screwing the peopels here.. i play mmo and mmofps this has got to be in my top 5 worst. if you purchased this poop you have my sympathy..
  31. Oct 4, 2014
    Repeating , random loot drops , endless unbearable grinding and no matchmaking. These are the problems the game has. Oh i forgot THE GOD DAMN STORY IS DIVIDED INTO DLCs. If you thought CoD is the most corporate game of all times , wait until you play this dog food.
  32. Sep 23, 2014
    SAVE YOUR MONEY.... Wow.. Let me start by saying XBOX owes Bungie alot and lets face it Bungie owes Microsoft everything.. I watched a video (55 Mins) from Bungie and they stated they were would of went out of business if Microsoft didn't save them.. The whole time at Microsoft Bungie cried and said they wanted to be independent (which they couldn't because they already failed on their ownSAVE YOUR MONEY.... Wow.. Let me start by saying XBOX owes Bungie alot and lets face it Bungie owes Microsoft everything.. I watched a video (55 Mins) from Bungie and they stated they were would of went out of business if Microsoft didn't save them.. The whole time at Microsoft Bungie cried and said they wanted to be independent (which they couldn't because they already failed on their own and MS save them) and make creative games and not Halo... so what did they do they made Destiny a halo clone... A very repetitive Halo clone... This game is not worth $60 you are 2 games away from bankruptcy and I for one can't wait to see it happen... You had a great thing at Microsoft and you blew it for greed... You said it was to be creative... Is destiny creative? No freaking way... Expand
  33. Sep 18, 2014
    Finally A game that looks and feels like halo on a sony device by the way anyone noticed a master chief like visor head as a sleek halo reference.However the story was pretty nice the game in the sense of the gameplay was a huge letdown.
  34. Sep 9, 2014
    To be honest, the game is a bit slow. If you weren't the type to tolerate the pace of say, an MMO, you wouldn't like this. But the games brightest quality, by far, is its Co-op. There have been many times where complete strangers would find eachother in each level and work together for a time, its a truly wonderful feeling. But at the end of the day Destiny has the basis of an MMO withinTo be honest, the game is a bit slow. If you weren't the type to tolerate the pace of say, an MMO, you wouldn't like this. But the games brightest quality, by far, is its Co-op. There have been many times where complete strangers would find eachother in each level and work together for a time, its a truly wonderful feeling. But at the end of the day Destiny has the basis of an MMO within it and the pacing (and occasionally immersion breaking with the enemies spawning in, they did their best to prevent it.) . I am thoroughly enjoying the game at about 5 hours in, the leveling could be worse but what has kept me chugging was the idea of progress. Progression in the game felt very swift, although I do complain about xp not scaling with enemy level. It doesent. While you might not level up immediatly after killing a bunch of mobs, when you do you gain legitimate and often times interesting concepts that add to the depth of the game.

For example, I was playing the hunter class and a very early perk you get is the Double jump, I looked ahead and there were similarly cool things that werent simply stat upgrades and ammo increases. I can't say destiny is for everyone, but as someone who has failed to get into any other mmorpg, and even borderlands, this game has caught my eye and I truely would reccomend it, and at least mention looking into it.

The mixed reviews are pretty much telling of what I said. The game isnt for everybody. The quality of the game I give an 8/10 but the enjoyment I felt was probably a 7/10. Above average. Some people would hate the idea of the pace in Destiny, as such people would rate it a zero as it didnt come up to their qualifications. In the end the zero guys arent really that wrong, they probably really did hate the game and are entitled to that opinion. I just prefer to rate based on overall quality, and not very much so in enjoyment.
  35. Sep 15, 2014
    Summary:

Summary:

Destiny is the latest progeny of the game development team Bungie. Its release was an over-hyped adrenaline rush straight to the mainline of every gamer nostalgic for the heady days of halo 1-3. Gorgeous vistas, an intangible robotic AI, alien aggressors, and a deep and storied lore were all heavily touted in the near incessant advertising campaign leading up to the release date. There were some ominous clouds, however. A large open beta prompted more questions than it answered, as the tenor of discussion was tuned by the single-hue beta testers (people excited enough to do a beta test).

Now the game is out, and I've played the game roughly forty hours. I have a firm grasp of all of the mechanics currently in play. Before I get into the pros/cons, let me color the discussion by saying I'm less than impressed.

Pros:

The game is gorgeous. Even on the PS3's extremely dated hardware, the scenery is gorgeous. The lighting is dynamic and outside of the odd hyper-low quality shadow, it looks amazing. There is also a good variety of level pallets because of the multi-world locales.

That's it.

The Cons:

The level variety, despite being decent, grows old quickly. You spend a majority of your time traveling between locales that you've been many times before.

The progression system; it's **** I spent a good 12 hours getting to 'max' level. My character stopped growing roughly an hour in, and the mild variations of skills gained thereafter are mere window dressings. I haven't even gotten all of my skill varieties yet, as you can reach 'max' before your character finishes their subclass (and long before you reach the end of the campaign). Then the grind begins to get gear with light, which adds to your level. Speaking of light...

The loot system is atrocious. From levels 1-18, the only things you'll find are trash. The problem isn't that it's just trash, the problem is that you barely even get trash. Then, from 18-21ish, there's a good amount of progression, where you move from mostly white trash, quickly through greens, and then straight into blues. Then the progression grinds to a halt. I've now spent roughly 40 hours in the game, and I've gotten exactly one purple weapon (the highest tier is one above that, and that's weapon, no purple armor yet either). There's no way to influence your drop rate or variety. The quickest way to get good gear is to farm the easiest/most grunts and chests you can find. Prepare to be stuck at some arbitrary level above 21 for a long, long time; simply because nothing better drops for you.

Also, whatever purple/yellow gear you get (if you get any) takes an eternity to level up. Oh yes, you level up your character, you level them up again with better gear, and then they expect you to grind the gear, so that it can level up. There is only one alternative to a colossal grind, and it's poor too:

The shop vendors are a horrible grind. The shop vendors that sell purple items require you to be a certain level within whatever faction you are. That takes so much time, that I've basically just stopped. There's no point. I could play hundreds of hours and be nowhere near the guild level needed to buy the gear they're selling. By the time I am, I'll have so many guild points saved up that my character will transform instantly into something much higher level. That's not good game design.

Everything, from leveling, to gear, to guilds is a massive farming grind. In the end, it isn't worth the time they're expecting you to spend, and there's no way to optimize what you're doing to make the process faster. It's a pure gamble, and a shameless Skinner box.

The controls aren't great either. Your look speed is vertically constrained arbitrarily. I wanted to set the look speed to maximum, as I like playing frenetically during pvp. The problem is that every character has a massive high-jump, and it takes you an insane amount of time to look up or down to match. When you have a clashing of high-verticality, and low vertical look speeds; the game will feel like **** unless you spend all your time in the air; and it does.

The story is nonexistent. The story feels like the first chapter of an idyllic world that will be flipped on it's head by the revelation that all isn't right with the narrative you're fed. It's the first third of a real story, and the problem is, the second two thirds simply don't exist. The voice acting is barren, and what little there is is forced cliches. It's forgettable to the max.

The pvp doesn't scale well. People will crush you in pvp because they have variants of abilities and weapons that are simply better than the starters (despite the level-constraining that happens off-stat). That makes newbies want to quit. In the long haul, it may balance out; but for now it's dreadful.

All in all, the game is a mess. It's sparse, hollow world and narrative fit well with the pointless aimless grind on the 5 varied enemies. Destiny is Bungie selling stale bread.
  36. Sep 24, 2014
    The level design in this game is awful. Bosses are copy-pasted and don't give any drops worthwhile, making grinding an unfortunate must in this game. Mission objectives are always the same, and no lore is provided.
  37. Oct 2, 2014
    Its a shame so many people don't seem to understand how to properly use a score system. All that takes is one flaw and the game get slaughtered.

On to my review. I'm currently lvl 23 and played long enough to get a good grip what Destiny is and what it isn't. Starting with the graphics, I got nothing but praise. Travel to different planets with different setting is pleasing, theres a

Starting with the graphics, I got nothing but praise. Travel to different planets with different setting is pleasing, theres a lot of detail and everything molds very well together. At first, maps feel impressively large, but after a while, its clear that this isn't Planetside 2 scale (or close to it) but it shouldn't be, considering the detail of both indoor and outdoor are so rich, and yet it runs very smoothly on a eight year old console. Animators have been doing a good job too and and I have not seen any clipping whichever weapon I been using (true for cutscenes as well)

Audio is also good, with a fitting soundtrack and sound effects doing a good job bouncing around surfaces creating big differences if you're out in the open or in a narrow cave.

Storywise, the game is rather short, the enemies get introduced quickly one after another but the buildup to their introduction is weak and you never get the "holy ****" feeling you had when you first encountered the Flood in Halo. What people seem to truly dislike about Destiny is how it feels like a grind. I didn't feel that way at all. Considering its a fps-mmo where leveling/looting is a part of the game, grinding is too. I don't know of any game where grinding has been avoided. Its part of the genre. What do people do in Diablo? They grind, what do they do in League of Legends? They grind. What do they do in WoW.... and so on. This shouldn't come as a shock. And considering leveling is silly fast, I didn't have any issues with it at all.

In terms of FPS, this is as good as it gets on a console. The movement, the gun-handling is all top notch. The crucible (pvp) got a great set of maps with big variety and atmosphere. I'm no fan of fps on console (and I still prefer it on the PC) but its good, its golden-eye good. Its a bit sad that the guns are so generic since Destiny is supposed to be a space-adventure. I would have hoped to see a bigger repertoire of exotic guns bringing it closer to unreal tournament and not just shotgun/rifle/sniperrifle etc. The skilltrees tries to make things a bit more interesting, and while they're certainly pleasing to land, they are all very "instagib" and removes some of the tactical aspect of pvp.

The biggest problem I have with Destiny and fortunately for me, its something that Bungie said they will fix is the very limited communication between players. Voicechat is limited, theres no in-game text chat and only four simple emotions where greeting has to work for both hello, goodbye, thank you and sorry and possibly others too. How about a ****ing mayday?

I don't know for how long Destiny will keep me entertained. The crucible is something I didn't care about when I bought the game, but right now, its where I spend most of my time in Destiny. Hopefully, more gamemodes (like ctf and possible Sparrow racing will enter soon).

I like Desinty, so sue me.
  38. Dec 4, 2014
    For me in all honesty regardless of how I felt about the experience that is Destiny, that does not dilute the reality that Activision (not to be confused with Bungie) betrayed us due to corporate decisions to the tune of "What will make us more money?" Obviously the entire point of the industry just like any other industry is to make money, but at what cost, your fans loyalty, disgracingFor me in all honesty regardless of how I felt about the experience that is Destiny, that does not dilute the reality that Activision (not to be confused with Bungie) betrayed us due to corporate decisions to the tune of "What will make us more money?" Obviously the entire point of the industry just like any other industry is to make money, but at what cost, your fans loyalty, disgracing the art that this industry has become? The outlook on the future of this industry is very grave if this is what the new generation is gonna be. Activision screwed up with Destiny. Ubisoft screwed up with Assassins Creed Unity and some others. Not sure about EA, not really a big fan of them. Microsoft screwed up with the kinect. Nintendo screwed up with the Wii U. Sony screwed up with the vita. All of these have been followed up with a slow vindication, or are still trying to find a solution to their issues. If all the big companies release their products half-assed, and release the second half at extra cost, and people just continue to buy it, that tells them that its ok and we agree with this. People need to stand against this or we wont be getting many good games any time soon Expand
  39. Sep 11, 2014
    All of the negative reviews are coming from people obviously had no idea what a shooter or an MMO are. Destiny is the beginning of a really fun series that I believe will hook people in as time passes. It is a bit recycled but the story will continue to develop.

It is hard to rate a game in which a big part of content is still to come. Raids will not launch until 9/16, so the bad reviews make even less sense.

Also a 0 means that the product doesn't work.
  40. Sep 11, 2014
    Cut to the chase: First 8 or so hours great (all I have played). Then, you start to notice that the game is pretty repetitive and boring. Wait a day, curious again and ready to explore, but don't have high expectations for the story. I also have learned about some things online that make me even more curious like hidden missions which are discoverable in the big maps.

Destiny

Destiny Expectations:
    -Very cool, beautiful, Skyrim like big maps
    -Very cool story that I expect to learn about the more I poke around the big maps (like Skyrim).
    -Very cool leveling and item collecting.
    -Very cool mix of MMO and Shooter with common leveling

Destiny Experience
    -Maps BIG like Skyrim, but the stuff you find is much more boring. It would be great to find a surviving human out there, or some bot, or SOMETHING different that rewards exploration. So far not a lot of reward for exploration (potential for more in my experience as I actually finish the game and can find the rumored hidden raids / hidden missions). The graphics are fine on a PS3. I do wish I were playing on a PS4, though becaus it looks a lot better (obviously) on the youtube comparisons I have seen. The Old Russia Levels look a lot less like meatloaf and more like a rusty city.
    -Story is better than I heard about in the reviews, but still very very flat. I get the impression that Bungie is leaving itself a LOT of room for flexibility. The story isn't awful because it isn't compelling, but because it lacks heart--a personal connection. I don't feel like I'm uncovering nearly as much lore as I thought I would be. this is why I loved Skyrim and the Mass Effect games.
    -Leveling and Items meet expectations, maybe even exceed expectations because items tie to stats tie to special abilities. Plus it sounds like character stats play well with multi player, etc. Never had a double jump ability in a FPS. Never had cool grenades. (I played as a hunter). Character appearance is very customizable.
    -the MMO / Shooter cross is the saving feature of Destiny and why I am willing to give it a higher review. My curiosity is turned to this and away from the story, somewhat. I may try to lure someone in the same level to follow me, or help someone else in the hard parts of a mission I anticipate they are trying to follow.

I am also very happy that I can transfer my characters from PS3 to PS4.

Overall, I would say you will experience disappointment, but give it a chance-your attention is worthy of things you may not have considered. I rented it and I am going to buy it.
  41. Sep 29, 2014
    This game is something different from COD and Battlefield. When i first saw it i thought it would be a bad game. But i was wrong It is really fun. Interesting story. It makes you feel like you are part of the game. A nice game to get together with friends and challenge yourselves.
  42. Sep 17, 2014
    This game is fantastically addictive. The action-reward turn around is perfect, giving a sense of progression in the game. The level pacing is perfect and the controls are extremely tight.
  43. Nov 23, 2014
    Boring extrememly repetitive bollix, I should have went back to COD. I've played through story with the 3 different character classes , THERE IS NO STORY! Multi is decent but still not worth buying, rubbish game overall.
  44. Nov 8, 2014
    I give this game 5 stars but its a overall disappointment. After all the money and time spent on this game, it simple falls short of my expectations. The solo play is not bad but kind of a rip off from borderlands and the multiplayer is simply broken lacking the fundamentals of a true FPS game. I guess the true disappointment is in the multiplayer side of the game. Starting out you willI give this game 5 stars but its a overall disappointment. After all the money and time spent on this game, it simple falls short of my expectations. The solo play is not bad but kind of a rip off from borderlands and the multiplayer is simply broken lacking the fundamentals of a true FPS game. I guess the true disappointment is in the multiplayer side of the game. Starting out you will find yourself out-matched by higher level players which truly have a huge advantage. Their are guns that are simple over powered and they are starting weapons which leaves players with the response "if you can't beat them join them".
    The diversity in the weapons is great but again, it leaves the lower levels at a big disadvantage not being able to wield the high level weapons. If that is not enough for you, the perks; higher level players have, can leave low levels at the player mercy. Their is no skill base ranking system that you would expect from a Bungie game, which after 343's attempt at Halo 4, you would almost certainly expect their to be one.

Again not a bad game but not the legacy game we all anticipated!
  45. Dec 5, 2014
    This game is surely better than a 4.5, I can tell you that. Lets just say this right off the bat. The "story" (or lack thereof) is awful. Just weak and generic. The games graphics are decent...for a ps3 game. With all that said, the gameplay is terrific. The game may be repetitive but what game isnt? Halo is, CoD is, a bunch of games are. The game isn't one you jump out of your seat forThis game is surely better than a 4.5, I can tell you that. Lets just say this right off the bat. The "story" (or lack thereof) is awful. Just weak and generic. The games graphics are decent...for a ps3 game. With all that said, the gameplay is terrific. The game may be repetitive but what game isnt? Halo is, CoD is, a bunch of games are. The game isn't one you jump out of your seat for but when you start playing it's addictive. Just one more mission. Just one more bounty. This game has a ton a replay value. This game is definitely worth checking out if you into FPSs and small (not MMO) scale online games. Expand
  46. Nov 1, 2014
    The way i critic things, 5 points gos to how well the game is playable. I would give it a 10 out of 10 if i can play it. I downloaded the game on launch day, and can't play it at all. I contacted psn, and said it was on my side! With Comcast this is on bungies side. I have never played the game yet since it came out. It get the following Error codes: Weasel, Banana. Centipede, Cattle, andThe way i critic things, 5 points gos to how well the game is playable. I would give it a 10 out of 10 if i can play it. I downloaded the game on launch day, and can't play it at all. I contacted psn, and said it was on my side! With Comcast this is on bungies side. I have never played the game yet since it came out. It get the following Error codes: Weasel, Banana. Centipede, Cattle, and finally the most common one to me BEE. I got to the character screen, beat the prologue then from there I get error code Bee, Cattle or Centipede and have to start over. I borrowed my friend's game disc to play and it still doesn't work. I went to my friends house to play it and when I start playing, I get error codes. I even made a new psn account, try borrowing my friends ps3, AND EVEN SET MY PORTS, DMZ MY PS3, GOT A NEW MAC ADDRESS & EVEN BOUGHT A NEW ROUTER FOR GODS SAKE!! Bungie says nope, hmm lets give him error code bee teehee. I'm sorry Bungie but why the hell did you curse me lol xD From What I saw on youtube this game is awesome. I wish I was there to play it.
    0 - Playable
    2 - Graphics
    3- Gameplay
  47. Dec 12, 2014
    Grind grind grind grind grind. Plus the grind is boring and the graphics suck on the PS3. I guess I shouldn't really expect good graphics on the PS3 though. Terrible story, boring missions, awful voice acting, it's a waste of time, should never have bothered.
  48. Sep 18, 2014
    anyone comparing to borderlands, hasnt played Destiny, 1 borderlands guns dont feel fun infact they feel **** 2 borderlands multiplayer is **** Destiny isnt all about the single player grinding like Borderlands and looks 100 times better since it's not cel shaded. please help me report short ignorant reviews under"disruptive posting,
  49. Sep 14, 2014
    THIS IS A PS3 REVIEW. IF YOU WANT A PS4 REVIEW, THIS AIN'T IT. This review may be longer than most people who review this game, and that is done on purpose.

Does Bungie's latest project suck? Or is it amazing? The answer is somewhere in the middle, more so leaning towards it being worth playing... Oh, and I want to preface this review by saying that I mostly prefer single-player games with good stories. I kinda don't like FPS multiplayers because they feel too fast, hectic, and strategy-less at times, but I thought the first CoD4 was great as a single and multi-player game. I was surprisingly really into Last Of Us online though, because it required strategy and skill, not just fast-twitch reactions and learning the maps/spawn points. I don't have good friends to play Destiny with, but I know two people who have it for X1 and PS4 and they like it. As such, I'm less-biased in the sense that I don't just like a game because my friends play it, because really as a human being you are prone to like activities that you do with friends. But enough with the sociology lessons...

I'd like to say something I think is pretty important towards understanding this game and how you will like it in the long run... You WILL initially be wowed by this game. There's just a bunch to like initially, really. But if you are one of those gamers that define how good a game is by how many DAYS you are playing it, just remember that this is a shooting game and most people that aren't into multiplayers don't stick too long to shooting games after seeing all the content. YOU WILL BEAT DESTINY WITHIN ONE WEEK, and it will be a great ride, but remember that this is a first-person shooter with lots of MMO elements, a forgettable story, and a pretty nice presentation.

Pros: tight shooting, CLASS SYSTEM HURRAY, good sense of progression via item and character development, your character always looks pretty cool, really polished feel to examining your gear and class stats, co-op can at times feel very chummy in a good way, nice animations and graphics, Destiny's world feels like a solar system alive with other players at times

Cons: BLAND STORY, lack of attachment to NPCs and characters, game has different races but fails to make this interesting like how Mass Effect did, feels too multiplayer-centered, MORE CLASS ABILITIES WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE, online-only game

Extra-con: Oh and simply WTF Bungie at the limited character customization. You can't rotate your character during customization. Hair-types are either Caucasian-centered or just look plain weird. Color palettes are extremely limited. C'mon man...

Super-con: game already has a US$35 "expansion pass" for 2 DLCs which makes me think that long-time Destiny players are just gonna keep shelling out cash for content. Feels unsettlingly WoW-like.

This game is a mix of a bunch of games. Like Warframe, you and other players are running through levels getting XP and shooting stuff. Like WoW, there are items with detailed stats, which for the most part impress the RPG crowd but sort of complicate the shooting experience for FPS fans. Like CoD and Halo, there are those multiplayer modes which you either love or hate: first-person shooting and everyone running around guns blazing. Personally, I think Last Of Us has better multiplayer, but that's just me...

I think this game has a lot going for it, especially since its from Bungie, so its already guaranteed to make millions of dollars. It is arguable whether this game is made for such a purpose, but I personally think that Bungie was trying to make a decent MMO-shooter with an extreme focus on multiplayer. What is unfortunate is that the story in this game is so damn bland.

I really do wish that the single-player aspects of this game were more emphasized. If Last Of Us can give us a great story and a great online multiplayer, no one should get a pass of producing bad video game stories. ESPECIALLY BUNGIE, who's has a seemingly pious following for their good-to-great games which have always had tight shooting and at least a followable story that you at least cared a little bit about.

Dear game industry, please do not slack off on the single player aspect of your games. Shooting multiplayers and MMOs are the big money-makers and keep the developer's name in the conversation, but good stories can make your game legendary. Destiny does a lot correct, but go ahead, read other reviews... the general gist of what everyone is saying is that Destiny is good, but it could have be OMFG 10/10 GOTMFY if it just did a few things differently.

It gets an 8/10 from me because of such missed opportunities from a big name developer. It isn't like Ubisoft giving us that terrible PS3 Watchdogs, which felt shallow and unlikable, but this is Bungie. If the people who made Borderlands made this, I'd give it a 9 or a 9.5 or something, but this is Bungie. They could have made something legendary here with Destiny, but hey, its still great.
  50. Oct 1, 2014
    So after seeing other reviews online I can safely say, most reviewers are being WAY to harsh on this game, I've seen everything from 1/10 to 10/10 so it's hard to tell where the community sits on the subject. But for me personal I can say I'm enjoying it a lot, I've had lots of time to play the game and find all the good and bad. First off this is a very nice looking game, just don't lookSo after seeing other reviews online I can safely say, most reviewers are being WAY to harsh on this game, I've seen everything from 1/10 to 10/10 so it's hard to tell where the community sits on the subject. But for me personal I can say I'm enjoying it a lot, I've had lots of time to play the game and find all the good and bad. First off this is a very nice looking game, just don't look up close at the textures.The vistas and landscape is where it really shows the lighting and shadows. The game-play is very comparable to Borderlands , It gives you a some what open world to explore and grind over and over for those legendary pieces of gear. Just like Borderlands this game is best played with friends, You can go without but you will free like you are missing out. Destiny gives you a fair amount of missions to complete and repeat over and over, as well as strike missions witch will end in a boss and almost always give you some kind of gear. By the end of the game you are left to basically repeat story/strike missions to complete bounties and hopefully have some kind of super cool gear drop. There is also the crucible (Player Vs Player) that you can play from the just about the start of the game, But is definitely best played at level 20+. Bungie recently released there first raid mission as well called "Vault Of Glass" and with all those things to complete once you hit max level it leaves with with a fair amount to stuff to do. But once you have played the missions to death, are tired of the Crucible and can't get a raid group together you are kind of bored of it all. It's not the feeling you want , luckily Bungie is adding new DLC and Events to keep people playing.
    If you are a fan of Borderlands/Diablo or even Halo you will enjoy this game to some extent, but this game is definitely not for everyone and won't be enjoyed by anyone who hates grinding for gear or halo type multiplayer.
  51. Sep 16, 2014
    The game on PS3 is really good. Yeah sure you could say it was a little over-hyped, but I'm not going to sit here and complain like what some people in the community are doing and say that I sincerely enjoyed myself. This game was really good I had fun and I really could not put it down, not even for a second, at first, but then it became a little repetitive with a couple missions.The game on PS3 is really good. Yeah sure you could say it was a little over-hyped, but I'm not going to sit here and complain like what some people in the community are doing and say that I sincerely enjoyed myself. This game was really good I had fun and I really could not put it down, not even for a second, at first, but then it became a little repetitive with a couple missions. Amazingly, the game though felt like a new experience to me once I thought more of these missions as a challenge (like it's supposed to be) to see how far and how strong I've become. If you played Call of Duty or Halo just imagine Reach, Black Ops, Modern Warfare 2, and Titanfall had a love child and that is what destiny feels overall (minus the giant robots). It was overall fun and enjoyable I can't wait to see what it's like on PS4 graphically and how it might defer from its counterpart game-play wise with its implementation of the touch pad. Expand
  52. Sep 16, 2014
    Everything feels very polished and looks great. After one week I feel like experinced enough of the PvE aspect of the game to give it a good review.

The Controls are very fluid, and it does a great job making each hit feels like it connect. The biggest issue is there just isn't enough content right now. I haven't really tried out PvP but from what I understand it's very laggy but extremely.

Considering how new this game is, and how many downloads and purchases, the servers didn't once crash on me.

TLDR;
    The Game is great, but I would wait a little to get it.
  53. Oct 29, 2014
    It isn't bad, it is good, but it's not what everyone wanted it to be, it's a shooter that plays heavy on the mmo stuff, that isn't a bad thing, but kind of at a disadvantage when it comes to the console audience.

Everything you expect to be good is goood, gunplay, graphics, enemies, lore, ALL GOOD But Then there's also the pretty obvious fact that it's been given more than a few

But Then there's also the pretty obvious fact that it's been given more than a few metaphorical haircuts and trips to the grind stone having had an unknown number of content stripped out, and an again unknown amount that's going to be sold as dlc later on, which are of course going to make you wonder whether or not it's bungie or activision that should be put at fault for it.

for fps fans, for people used to mmo style grinds, definitely worth it. but in all honesty I'd wait until a year or so and hope for a GOTY edition that has the dlc included.
  54. Nov 19, 2014
    Destiny on PS3 is a brilliant game. Personally, I'm blown away by pretty much every aspect of the game. The graphics are the best I have seen on the system, the controls are spot on (Bungie knows what they're doing), the gameplay is fun, and there is so much stuff to do! Seriously. The amount of stuff to do is mind-boggling.

The Story Mode is fun, and being able to go through it solo or

The Story Mode is fun, and being able to go through it solo or with friends is awesome. The storyline is a bit confusing, but I could really care less. It's fun to play through, and that's what's most important anyway.

The PvP in Destiny is also a blast. I found it took a bit of time to come up with my own strategy to be successful, but once I did I was instantly hooked. The different character classes and weapon types certainly keep things interesting and keep it feeling different from other multiplayer shooters on the market.

All in all I have to say that I am incredibly impressed by Destiny. Graphically it is amazing, the gameplay is a blast, and the sheer amount of stuff to do is just damn impressive. Definitely one of the best games available on PS3.
  55. Nov 8, 2014
    This game is incredible. Yes, I am giving it a 10 because it has caught so much **** already but I think it deserves at least an 8.5, probably higher. This game is seriously ahead of it's time. If you're trying to play a lengthy story driven campaign, it's definitely not for you. The game is largely bounty missions and competitive multiplayer. I wasn't really part of the hype surroundingThis game is incredible. Yes, I am giving it a 10 because it has caught so much **** already but I think it deserves at least an 8.5, probably higher. This game is seriously ahead of it's time. If you're trying to play a lengthy story driven campaign, it's definitely not for you. The game is largely bounty missions and competitive multiplayer. I wasn't really part of the hype surrounding this game and I didn't really play Halo so my expectations were kind of bare -- probably a good thing for this game -- it's definitely different than anything I've played before. The combat is by FAR the best I have ever played in an FPS, the weapon, armor, upgrading, class systems are seriously perfection. You can pour hours and hours into this game and the multiplayer is a blast. Buy it used if you are unsure but if you like FPS games, at least try it. I bought advanced warfare just a few weeks after picking this up and it is GOD AWFUL, I returned it and went straight back to Destiny. Expand
  56. Nov 19, 2014
    The first 20 hours of gameplay was amazing. Graphics are beautiful, fast paced, and creative world. However, the recent 20 hours of gameplay has been repetitive, not rewarding, and absurd at times (reward system). But, the bungie development community is very active and listens to the community to make changes. I would highly recommend the game for a few weeks, but no more than 30The first 20 hours of gameplay was amazing. Graphics are beautiful, fast paced, and creative world. However, the recent 20 hours of gameplay has been repetitive, not rewarding, and absurd at times (reward system). But, the bungie development community is very active and listens to the community to make changes. I would highly recommend the game for a few weeks, but no more than 30 hours of gameplay, or you will lose your mind over silly repetition and numerous flaws. Expand
  57. Nov 29, 2014
    Great game with immersive world and addictive gameplay. Lots of people b*tch on this game, yet they still cant stop playing. What i would say is that it is this gen's Skyrim.
  58. Dec 5, 2014
    Destiny is a beautiful shell of a game which promises greatness and delivers tedium. The lead writer quit a year before release, one of the major composers was fired without cause, and the remaining developers are completely out of touch with their community. The longer you play, the more you realize how small and devoid of content the game is. Almost all of the promises made by theDestiny is a beautiful shell of a game which promises greatness and delivers tedium. The lead writer quit a year before release, one of the major composers was fired without cause, and the remaining developers are completely out of touch with their community. The longer you play, the more you realize how small and devoid of content the game is. Almost all of the promises made by the developers have been broken, and it is clear that they do not value the time invested in the game by their players. Do not buy this game. Expand
  59. Dec 9, 2014
    cant belive i spended about 8 days of play time on a game company that only cares about money
    repeating the SAME MISSIONS OVER and OVER and OVER again , i play solo ( alone) but the game force me to play with 5 other players to complete a "raid" but the problem is that there is NO in game method to find a team , so you have to go to there fourm and sign up and write a thread so maybe some people will join you (5) people but mostly not , or visit a third party website i.e chat to gather a team but why we spend the time outside more than inside the game! , also there is a lot of errors in the game that the funny thing they call them by Animals/Fruit name ( because there is a lot ) also the support is useless all what they can tell you is turn off and turn on your router or forward your ports wich i did but didnt resolve anything or they tell you we are working on fixing it ( they didnt fix the crucibleconstantly low signal i even dont think they even work on it ) , and with the new DLC (9th december ) i have to dismantle my 8 days of play gear on all characters and start all over again ) and there is a lot of thing i didnt wrote and im sorry for my bad english and if i make it long , this is my fellings on the game .

There are no critic reviews yet.