Burnout Paradise PlayStation 3

7.7

1. JustinG
    Mar 29, 2009
    This game is excellent when it comes to graphics, I played it but has this affect that made the game seem boring after a few hours unless you are online and with other online players then the game is way more intense. game play is OK its basically your typical burnout game with a different scenery and more functions to it.
  2. timdaley
    Dec 17, 2007
    This game, in a word, is simply SPECTACULAR. The graphics are supberb and the controls and gameplay are ultra tight. No one does speed like the burnout series and this version follows suit.

The open environment is the logical progression for this franchise and the implementation of seemless online play is fantastic. Bottom line: This game is a must have title and will certainly

Bottom line: This game is a must have title and will certainly give GT a run for its money. For me, burnout rules all hands down. It doesn't get any more fun than this. PERIOD!
  3. JeffKoltun
    Dec 17, 2007
    Graphically awesome, easy in-game menus, great crash physics and a completely open city to play with! All of this promises a fantastic platform to terrorize the roads and duel with friends on-line in unlimited urban vehicle assault. For my money, and being a fan of the whole series, look no further for excitement and heart-pounding action. Too bad it won't be here before the holidays!
  4. May 19, 2011
    No storyline to speak of, but this open world racing game is very fun. The sense of speed is breathtaking, and the events (unless they go on for an ungodly amount of time) never really get old. The variety of cars is great, and each car actually feels different from the others. Highly recommend this.
  5. Oct 12, 2010
    Pros: Great driving and stunt mechanics, game-modes, and online system/challenges/community. A large variety and amount of trophies and cars. A large, sprawling city featuring elements from London, New York, Tokyo, rural areas, and waterfronts to explore. Excellent DLC. Great graphics and sound effects. The soundtrack is good, although it could use a bit more variety. Excellent supportPros: Great driving and stunt mechanics, game-modes, and online system/challenges/community. A large variety and amount of trophies and cars. A large, sprawling city featuring elements from London, New York, Tokyo, rural areas, and waterfronts to explore. Excellent DLC. Great graphics and sound effects. The soundtrack is good, although it could use a bit more variety. Excellent support from the developer; many sales on DLC, a website online for tracking stats and completing the Paradise City map, custom music support, eye-toy integration, lots of added trophies, challenges, and excellent patches with new features such as motorcycles and day-and-night cycles. Cons: Races in offline can become repetitive and are often confusing due to the manner in which the game points you to the right direction. However, this ceases to be a problem when you gain more experience with the maps. Expand
  6. Oct 17, 2010
    Great game. Great cars. Great crashes. Burnout paradise is a very good game as it has a very good sense of speed in it and anyone can enjoy it even if they're not into cars. I think that everything in the game feels very rewarding and everything is fun to do.
  7. Apr 22, 2011
    Being the 5th title in the 'Burnout' franchise you would expect ideas to be running thin and a lot of familiar ground. What you wouldn't expect is an open world where you can quite literally own the road. Welcome to Paradise. As soon as the classic 'Paradise City' kicks in you get an understanding of where this game is coming from, Loud songs and even louder vehicles! If you are lookingBeing the 5th title in the 'Burnout' franchise you would expect ideas to be running thin and a lot of familiar ground. What you wouldn't expect is an open world where you can quite literally own the road. Welcome to Paradise. As soon as the classic 'Paradise City' kicks in you get an understanding of where this game is coming from, Loud songs and even louder vehicles! If you are looking for a quiet country drive you are in the wrong town.

So once you have fired up your first motor and won your first race you realize the true scale of Paradise City, with a diverse range of environments and a plethora of stunning vistas, becomes apparent.
    Game types range from Racing to Marked man events. There are also online races and variants on game modes like Cops 'n' Robbers (DLC) I don't want to dissect this game and tell you everything about it. I just want you to understand this is like getting your first car and working your way up to your new sports car. It is a journey one I haven't forgotten and one I still want to go back to. For me this is the definitive racing game on (PS3! or 360 or PC for that matter)
  8. Mar 24, 2011
    This game is simply the best racing game on PS3. Still fresh after 3 years. Open world, LOTS of stuff to do, great graphics, stunning crashes and multiplayer. Pure entertainment.
  9. Jun 15, 2011
    Really fun open world racing game - 3 things would've made it flawless. One, if the navigation system was a bit better, at the moment you're looking at the tiny map the whole time instead of the road which leads to inevitable and frequent crashes. You keep taking turns that you think will get you to your goal but take you far in the opposite direction instead with no way of returning toReally fun open world racing game - 3 things would've made it flawless. One, if the navigation system was a bit better, at the moment you're looking at the tiny map the whole time instead of the road which leads to inevitable and frequent crashes. You keep taking turns that you think will get you to your goal but take you far in the opposite direction instead with no way of returning to the appropriate route.2) The frustrating thing is that you HAVE to finish the race before you can start a new event so if you messed up you have to tediously drive to the goal just to free yourself from the event. A simple abort option or the freedom to start new events whenever would've fixed that.
    Thirdly, the very nature of the game means that you crash, a LOT, often unavoidably. It would have been nice if the cars were a bit more resilient and able to survive a few crashes instead of having you respawn every five seconds and interrupt the pace of the game. In fact it wouldve been great if you didnt respawn at all except when plummeting off the map - rather having the cars be really impaired by damage till you can fix it up.
    Those three things would've made this game perfect in my opinion. Otherwise it's a worthy and very fun game.
  10. Jan 13, 2014
    An 8.5/10. A really fun racer. Honestly however, I think the best Burnout is Burnout 3: Takedown. That's not to say Paradise is bad; far from it. The open-world feature is a nice addition. My main gripe is that there are main landmarks that serve as finish lines for each race. So, you will realize that you are racing to the same destinations, only that there are different paths. You'llAn 8.5/10. A really fun racer. Honestly however, I think the best Burnout is Burnout 3: Takedown. That's not to say Paradise is bad; far from it. The open-world feature is a nice addition. My main gripe is that there are main landmarks that serve as finish lines for each race. So, you will realize that you are racing to the same destinations, only that there are different paths. You'll probably tire of seeing same places over and over. Races aren't the only modes, however. You have others like Stunt Run, Marked Man and Road Rage (which is the best since you can commit carnage anywhere). Cars are fun to wreck and destroy. If you're lucky, you might find a few people still playing online. Dirt cheap now, and I recommend it. Expand
  11. Nov 23, 2011
    I don't like how it's an open world and you have to drive to the different races, also, it was too fast paced which caused me to crash a lot, and the poor navigation system didn't help. The huge variety of different race types was the highlight of this game, my favourite is still take down (although this mode was extremely easy in this game). It definitely wasn't the best Burnout game I'veI don't like how it's an open world and you have to drive to the different races, also, it was too fast paced which caused me to crash a lot, and the poor navigation system didn't help. The huge variety of different race types was the highlight of this game, my favourite is still take down (although this mode was extremely easy in this game). It definitely wasn't the best Burnout game I've played, Burnout 3 and Revenge are still the best, but it was still a good game, but with a lot of flaws. Expand
  12. Dec 13, 2011
    I bought this game in late 2010, over two years after its publish. Still, I was kinda blown away. You would first think that an open world driving game isn't the greatest idea because you have Grand Theft Auto already where you can besides driving do other things too. But Burnout Paradise does so well. Driving in this city is very joyful, aso the misty mountais you just want to drive thereI bought this game in late 2010, over two years after its publish. Still, I was kinda blown away. You would first think that an open world driving game isn't the greatest idea because you have Grand Theft Auto already where you can besides driving do other things too. But Burnout Paradise does so well. Driving in this city is very joyful, aso the misty mountais you just want to drive there with different cars, beat the challenges, find the hidden things etc. Also online up to 8 players is great fun. Free burnouting, challenges, races, road rages etc. That keeping in mind there are several minor errors, dozens even that you will notice and think: "that could be bettered in the game..". But really it doesn't matter, it keeps being fun. Almost countless hours of playing because of lot of content and great online gaming! Collapse
  13. Nov 13, 2011
    J'ai jamais vu un jeu de voitures aussi travaillé sur les crashs.
    Le monde ouvert regorge de défis en tout genre, les voitures sont nombreuses avec plusieurs types.
    Encore aujourd'hui Criterion fait fort.
    Continuez les gars !!!
  14. Nov 13, 2011
    Very good game, lots of exciting races and events. It has a 9 instead of 10 for repetitiveness. Online is really fun where you can race with other people, very intense.
  15. Dec 10, 2011
    This is how i will point flaws:

The good: Graphics. The bad: Everything else. Why: Ok first, this game is nothing like what the past games where. This one went all "racing" on us, instead of burnouts trademark crashes and takedowns. Second, while your driving, the game freezes at random spots so an imbred narrator can talk to you about the obvious. such as: "jump the ramps for points!".
    This is how i will point flaws:

The good: Graphics.

The bad: Everything else.

Why: Ok first, this game is nothing like what the past games where. This one went all "racing" on us, instead of burnouts trademark crashes and takedowns. Second, while your driving, the game freezes at random spots so an imbred narrator can talk to you about the obvious. such as: "jump the ramps for points!". OK CAPTAIN OBVIOUS. This game is junk. I want my money back. Burnout 1-3 was good. The rest, nope.
  16. Jun 19, 2015
    I played the game in summer 2015 and found a lot of online activity, a brilliantly varied sandbox of races, stunt hops, collectibles and a city with many landmarks to explore. The core mechanics are most important for the moment-to-moment fun of the game, and I think they're spot on. Extremely fast cars that handle very differently but always in a predictable and realistic way. The PS3I played the game in summer 2015 and found a lot of online activity, a brilliantly varied sandbox of races, stunt hops, collectibles and a city with many landmarks to explore. The core mechanics are most important for the moment-to-moment fun of the game, and I think they're spot on. Extremely fast cars that handle very differently but always in a predictable and realistic way. The PS3 'Ultimate Box' includes special cars, smaller 'toy cars', bikes, a hover car and much more. It's a ridiculous amount of content for a bargain price, and I didn't even begin to talk about the online features. Online has lots of activity, often with microphone conversations, and many 'Group challenges' that you have to co-operate on (for example, meet up at some jump and collectively work towards 50 successful jumps). Overall, I haven't had this much fun with a sports game since SSX 3 back in the days. Expand
  17. Apr 1, 2012
    Burnout Paradise is a game I understand people disliking. It's not much of a game to hate for it doesn't have anything more than a share of minor problems: such as having to check the map on a constant basis to understand where you're going (which doesn't grow on you as being as horrible as it sounds), or that sometimes you have to drive quite a while to one of the very few "junkyards"Burnout Paradise is a game I understand people disliking. It's not much of a game to hate for it doesn't have anything more than a share of minor problems: such as having to check the map on a constant basis to understand where you're going (which doesn't grow on you as being as horrible as it sounds), or that sometimes you have to drive quite a while to one of the very few "junkyards" spread across the map in inconvenient places, or DJ atomica and his annoying radio graces. The making or breaking point of this game only comes down to how much you like it's monotonous gameplay of driving back and forth between a few game types. Beside the Road Rage challenges, nothing is too interesting: you can Race, you can go for a Stunt record, you can blah, you can blah, nothing too interesting. You unlock vehicles by doing these challenges and getting new licenses (which come from doing these challenges and have no real point). You will be driving from challenge to challenge in a damn well designed map that is anything but small. The majority of my fun found was in the mountainous area with less obstacles and plenty of room to test vehicle's handling and speed, though the whole city is bright and looks great. The graphics are great, and the sound is absolutely outstanding. Every vehicle's engine sounds unique and well realistic, and you'll find yourself drooling at the sound of the gear changes. All of the vehicles are well varied. You will be driving everything from A Team types vans, to F1 cars, and it takes quite the bit of time to unlock each vehicle from doing these challenges. So if you are one that enjoys the core gameplay and challenges, you will have a lot of grinding to do unlocking what you want. Though don't worry about the difficulty. The game constantly steps up the difficulty from challenge to challenge, and it does get quite difficult. The games presentation does well to constantly keep you in the action. The game takes place entirely within the world just like GTA. The games menus take place through a couple of different pause screens that make things quick and simple. Now that you have an idea of what you're doing, you probably want to know just how it feels. This is no driving sim like Gran Turismo. This is pure arcade fun. The slowest vehicle in this game goes at least 300 mph. All the vehilces handle insanely and are a lot of fun to drive. That's really what this game is all about: core gameplay, and that's really all that separates you liking or disliking it. The game runs smoothly and is slowed by very very few bugs, and the frame rate is absolutely outstanding. You can be driving 600 miles per hour and there is still absolutely no pop up. All of this you can also take online with not extra game modes, but a smooth experience absolutely no different than the single player. It's a lot of fun getting online with people and doing different challenges, and definitely steps up the game's replay value. Whether you like or dislike this game will be found in the first 10 minutes of gameplay. I rated this game a 9 out of 10 on the premise that I absolutely love these arcade racers, and there is no short of content on this game, though nothing is too interesting, it's a racer (you can't exactly take things to a whole new level). I would recommend this game to anyone into fast and unrealistic racing. You can't get any better than Burnout Paradise on the 7th generation of consoles when it comes to Arcade racing. Expand
  18. Jul 28, 2016
    Probably the best open world racing game that i've played. The best comparison I can give this game is an mix of Need for Speed Most Wanted (2012). and motorstorm, with a dash of burnout. I will say I've only played the first burnout, so take my dash of burnout with a grain of salt. The highlight of this game was the amazing open world, it's literally a playground with massive jumps, funProbably the best open world racing game that i've played. The best comparison I can give this game is an mix of Need for Speed Most Wanted (2012). and motorstorm, with a dash of burnout. I will say I've only played the first burnout, so take my dash of burnout with a grain of salt. The highlight of this game was the amazing open world, it's literally a playground with massive jumps, fun obstacles, hidden pathways, tunnels, etc. It was a blast roaming the open world looking for the yellow gates, the suprise within the yellow gates were amazing and well worth checking out. How good was the open world? Good enough for a setting to host a GTA game, it was very authentic open world. Now the sense of speed and "pick up and play" driving was excellent for an arcade racer, definitely a plus in the gameplay department. The cars itself were good to look at, but majority handled and sounded the same, so it was an ok overall car designs. Now there were two big negatives this game has that affected my enjoyment of it. No waypoint for races make sense on paper for an open world, but when you race and have to stop over and over again to see where you're going it stops the immersion and sense of speed. The A.I was questionable and borderline laughable; especially during regular races, I'll hold down my acccelarate button half way and still beat an super car down a straight road. I also didn't like the grindiness of the main levels that you have to partake in order to officially beat the game. All races end in the same destination, and I'll find myself taking the same road over and over again to get there.. now rinse and repeat that about 40-50 times during the game. I will say that marked man challenge does become a decent challenge an is actually pretty fun, and so is road rage game mode. Overall a very good game, but I will remember it always as an fun and amazing open world driving game, with very grindy main missions. Buy for open world racing chaos. (I didn't play much mp, but it's there). Expand
  19. Aug 1, 2012
    Still (2012) think the best racing game ever released in this generation.
    Everything in this game is perfect, events, races, the city of the game is more fun to explore in a racing game, a must see!
  20. Jan 13, 2013
    Make this in a open world was a great mistake. Burnout 3: Takedown, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit and Burnout Revenge are the best racing games Critrerion made. Like Criterion's Most Wanted, it is a empty feeling game. But Most Wanted does't have **** navigation and a static map.
  21. Oct 25, 2012
    To put yourself on a wheel of a car and drive into an open world city and surroundings and every once in a while stop in a traffic light and start a challenge is that much fun. B.P. is one of the best car games around.
  22. Nov 10, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If you're looking for an arcade racer with lots of challenges this will be your game. Some challenges require some training and you will make some mistakes if you are not used to the map yet. I don't . like the location for the map, being in the right bottom corner but you will get used to it. If like me, you like some realism in racing games, stay as far away from this game as you can. This was the first burnout game I played and I'm not impressed. The speed, the jumps, the crashes everything is there, but there is no sense of danger when you're performing a jump, no sense of thrill when you're trying to make a high speed turn, just no spice. Expand
  23. Mar 16, 2017
    Open world 60 fps racing was quite impressive those days, perfectly and fast working online too (few clicks, few seconds and connected with others). But i preferred older formula with single race tracks. Anyway it was final, not fantasy, title i series.
  24. Nov 26, 2012
    It's not a bad game, but also not a good one in my opinion. It took me over 3 days to start feeling comfortable with it. That maybe down to the open world and lack of directional arrows when racing....it seems over-whelming, but once you get past that, it's ok as a time filler. I didn't like how when you leveled up it reset all the races you'd done. It seemed like a cheap way to getIt's not a bad game, but also not a good one in my opinion. It took me over 3 days to start feeling comfortable with it. That maybe down to the open world and lack of directional arrows when racing....it seems over-whelming, but once you get past that, it's ok as a time filler. I didn't like how when you leveled up it reset all the races you'd done. It seemed like a cheap way to get longevity out of the game. You could do better than this but it certainly isn't the worst game. I can see why it would be enjoyable, but it's not really for me. Expand
  25. Nov 19, 2013
    Un juegazo, a mi no me gustan los juegos de coches y carreras, pero este si me encanto, es un juegazo, lo recomiendo 100% tanto para fans de coches como para los del sandbox tipo GTA, es un juego con un mapeado extensisimo que te encantara disfrutar, solo o acompañado, es divertidisimo y muy adictivo, a la minima que podais pillaroslo, de verdad que os lo recomiendo, amigos este si que esUn juegazo, a mi no me gustan los juegos de coches y carreras, pero este si me encanto, es un juegazo, lo recomiendo 100% tanto para fans de coches como para los del sandbox tipo GTA, es un juego con un mapeado extensisimo que te encantara disfrutar, solo o acompañado, es divertidisimo y muy adictivo, a la minima que podais pillaroslo, de verdad que os lo recomiendo, amigos este si que es un Burnout!! Expand
  26. Dec 10, 2013
    The best racing game ever! The graphics are great, the events are great, the freeburn is great, multiplayer is great, and the cars are great! I can play this game for hours without getting bored,and can easily lose track of time! Buy it now!
  27. May 20, 2014
    here is a question can there be a better racing game then burnout paradise the answer so far no this is the best racing game ever made unless you like sims i still cant believe this game is six years old and still how well it hold up today its sad we wont see a follow up to this with criterion having like 10 people left thanks ea =(
  28. May 15, 2015
    This game does everything right an arcade racer has to do. Insanely fun gameplay, a lot of races to do, a lot of different collectibles to get and a good amount of cars to collect. The map is quite big and has some cool stunt spots. This game is arcade racing on its best.
  29. Aug 12, 2015
    I love this game SO much. I disliked the new update a bit, but that just changed interface and added new modes. My personal favorite mode is Road Rage. GTA without the violence and sexuality.
  30. Dec 12, 2016
    My second favorite racing game of all-time ( Burnout 3 is the first one). This look incredible. The crash are so details and the cars feel very fast. I love how the world look and there alot of diversities in the environment. You've got your classics burnout modes, and they are still alot of fun to play. We've got bikes now! And they control great! The soundtrack is awesome too! TheMy second favorite racing game of all-time ( Burnout 3 is the first one). This look incredible. The crash are so details and the cars feel very fast. I love how the world look and there alot of diversities in the environment. You've got your classics burnout modes, and they are still alot of fun to play. We've got bikes now! And they control great! The soundtrack is awesome too! The multiplayer is fun and got his own challenges too! There is alot of stuffs to do, and none are boring, because they don't ask you to stop, you just need to smash stuffs and do big jumps! A must have for anyone! (PS: get the Big Surf Island pack with it, It's totally worth every penny!) Expand
  31. Sep 26, 2015
    Brilliant game. Provided at least 75+ hours of entertainment and because challenges/events repeat getting harder as you progress there's always something to do. Crashing is fantastic, the slow motion as your car is mashed into tiny pieces is great. Road Rage events are really fun, the point being simply to smash your opponents off the road in different styles and watch them crash, onlineBrilliant game. Provided at least 75+ hours of entertainment and because challenges/events repeat getting harder as you progress there's always something to do. Crashing is fantastic, the slow motion as your car is mashed into tiny pieces is great. Road Rage events are really fun, the point being simply to smash your opponents off the road in different styles and watch them crash, online is still going strong 7 YEARS after release and is really well executed with a lot of options for what to do. Unfortunately it's not as good as Burnout games that have come before (I.e. Revenge and 3: Takedown) as it's missing the signature crash mode, although it has 'showtime' which can be activated at anytime and involves bouncing your car around causing damage, it's not quite the same. It's also missing the classic ability to blow up your car in events to cause collateral damage (Crashbreaker). Overall a really good game, just not quite as good as the legendary Burnout 3. Expand
  32. Nov 11, 2016
    great game, but strangely my favorite part is the bike dlc, it is almost perfect ! Great sense of speed, best mix between arcade and simulation. No one will get close to,this ever !
  33. Feb 11, 2017
    I am not very fond of racing games, but I remember enjoying this one quite much. Even though the graphics are realistic, gameplay is kind of arcade, which I like a lot. It is an addictive game, you always feel like driving for a bit longer.
  34. Dec 13, 2011

1. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Scarily deep. It demands you play it: there's so much to find it's incredible. [Jan 2008, p.88]
    Give it a chance and you may find yourself having the most fun you've ever had in a virtual car. [Feb 2008, p.70]
  3. Official Playstation 2 Magazine UK
    A truly superb racer; fast, vast and there's plenty to do under that super-slick surface. [Jan 2008, p.118]