7.6

1. Dec 17, 2013
    I'm gonna whine again: not being able to restart the race is a game breaker.
    I don't like open world racing games either. I want to race other drivers, not drive around in an open world with no purpose.
    The gameplay is fun but I always find Burnout to be too difficult, the difficulty in these games always spikes after a while and I've never finished a Burnout game yet because off it.
  2. Sep 10, 2012
    This game is awful compare to Burnout 3: Takedown or Revenge. This game plays more like a modern racing game instead of a burnout game and don't have the feel of a burnout game. What made me most annoyed was the races has been slowed down as a normal racing game. I remember burnout to be the super fast racing game, that actually was and felt fast in comparison to something like Need For Speed. Another thing that's annoying is the open world, it's like comparing Need For Speed Underground with Underground 2. Open-world racing games gets extremely BORING after a while (it's fun in the beginning). Then on top of all, you can't not restart a race in burnout paradise WTF.

This is the WORST in the series, hands down. a SHAME.
  3. Dec 10, 2011
    This is how i will point flaws: The good: Graphics. The bad: Everything else. Why: Ok first, this game is nothing like what the past games where. This one went all "racing" on us, instead of burnouts trademark crashes and takedowns. Second, while your driving, the game freezes at random spots so an imbred narrator can talk to you about the obvious. such as: "jump the ramps for points!". OK CAPTAIN OBVIOUS. This game is junk. I want my money back. Burnout 1-3 was good. The rest, nope. Expand

1. Scarily deep. It demands you play it: there's so much to find it's incredible. [Jan 2008, p.88]
    Give it a chance and you may find yourself having the most fun you've ever had in a virtual car. [Feb 2008, p.70]
  3. A truly superb racer; fast, vast and there's plenty to do under that super-slick surface. [Jan 2008, p.118]