7.6

1. May 15, 2015
    This game does everything right an arcade racer has to do. Insanely fun gameplay, a lot of races to do, a lot of different collectibles to get and a good amount of cars to collect. The map is quite big and has some cool stunt spots. This game is arcade racing on its best.
  2. Jun 25, 2014
    This is an excellent open world racing game. Graphics still hold up against today's games. This is an arcade type racing game, not a simulator, so if your looking for realistic racing then this is not the game for you. This game is not like past burnout games, there isn't a crash mode. However it is an excellent racing game with lots of races, 75 cars, boards to smash through, jumpThis is an excellent open world racing game. Graphics still hold up against today's games. This is an arcade type racing game, not a simulator, so if your looking for realistic racing then this is not the game for you. This game is not like past burnout games, there isn't a crash mode. However it is an excellent racing game with lots of races, 75 cars, boards to smash through, jump locations to jump, awesome crashes.

Want realistic racing, or expect something like the older Burnout games then don't buy.
    If you want one of the best arcade racing games out there then this is a must buy.
  3. May 20, 2014
    here is a question can there be a better racing game then burnout paradise the answer so far no this is the best racing game ever made unless you like sims i still cant believe this game is six years old and still how well it hold up today its sad we wont see a follow up to this with criterion having like 10 people left thanks ea =(
  4. Dec 10, 2013
    The best racing game ever! The graphics are great, the events are great, the freeburn is great, multiplayer is great, and the cars are great! I can play this game for hours without getting bored,and can easily lose track of time! Buy it now!
  5. Nov 19, 2013
    Un juegazo, a mi no me gustan los juegos de coches y carreras, pero este si me encanto, es un juegazo, lo recomiendo 100% tanto para fans de coches como para los del sandbox tipo GTA, es un juego con un mapeado extensisimo que te encantara disfrutar, solo o acompañado, es divertidisimo y muy adictivo, a la minima que podais pillaroslo, de verdad que os lo recomiendo, amigos este si que esUn juegazo, a mi no me gustan los juegos de coches y carreras, pero este si me encanto, es un juegazo, lo recomiendo 100% tanto para fans de coches como para los del sandbox tipo GTA, es un juego con un mapeado extensisimo que te encantara disfrutar, solo o acompañado, es divertidisimo y muy adictivo, a la minima que podais pillaroslo, de verdad que os lo recomiendo, amigos este si que es un Burnout!! Expand
  6. May 22, 2013
    *The* best racing game you can get a hold of in PC, granted that neither Forza or Gran Turismo ever hitting Steam, amazingly well done roads,shortcuts, enjoyable cars the feel that high speed gives, crashing mechanics... the only downside for me was not so-challenging AI but that can be easily fixed with Multiplayer, although i myself could never experience it yet.
  7. Apr 9, 2013
    This is classic Burnout with way better graphics. It's just fun. I could play this all day with my friends, my relatives or whoever. If you don't have it, it's fun as hell.
  8. Aug 1, 2012
    Still (2012) think the best racing game ever released in this generation.
    Everything in this game is perfect, events, races, the city of the game is more fun to explore in a racing game, a must see!
  9. Apr 1, 2012
    Burnout Paradise is a game I understand people disliking. It's not much of a game to hate for it doesn't have anything more than a share of minor problems: such as having to check the map on a constant basis to understand where you're going (which doesn't grow on you as being as horrible as it sounds), or that sometimes you have to drive quite a while to one of the very few "junkyards"Burnout Paradise is a game I understand people disliking. It's not much of a game to hate for it doesn't have anything more than a share of minor problems: such as having to check the map on a constant basis to understand where you're going (which doesn't grow on you as being as horrible as it sounds), or that sometimes you have to drive quite a while to one of the very few "junkyards" spread across the map in inconvenient places, or DJ atomica and his annoying radio graces. The making or breaking point of this game only comes down to how much you like it's monotonous gameplay of driving back and forth between a few game types. Beside the Road Rage challenges, nothing is too interesting: you can Race, you can go for a Stunt record, you can blah, you can blah, nothing too interesting. You unlock vehicles by doing these challenges and getting new licenses (which come from doing these challenges and have no real point). You will be driving from challenge to challenge in a damn well designed map that is anything but small. The majority of my fun found was in the mountainous area with less obstacles and plenty of room to test vehicle's handling and speed, though the whole city is bright and looks great. The graphics are great, and the sound is absolutely outstanding. Every vehicle's engine sounds unique and well realistic, and you'll find yourself drooling at the sound of the gear changes. All of the vehicles are well varied. You will be driving everything from A Team types vans, to F1 cars, and it takes quite the bit of time to unlock each vehicle from doing these challenges. So if you are one that enjoys the core gameplay and challenges, you will have a lot of grinding to do unlocking what you want. Though don't worry about the difficulty. The game constantly steps up the difficulty from challenge to challenge, and it does get quite difficult. The games presentation does well to constantly keep you in the action. The game takes place entirely within the world just like GTA. The games menus take place through a couple of different pause screens that make things quick and simple. Now that you have an idea of what you're doing, you probably want to know just how it feels. This is no driving sim like Gran Turismo. This is pure arcade fun. The slowest vehicle in this game goes at least 300 mph. All the vehilces handle insanely and are a lot of fun to drive. That's really what this game is all about: core gameplay, and that's really all that separates you liking or disliking it. The game runs smoothly and is slowed by very very few bugs, and the frame rate is absolutely outstanding. You can be driving 600 miles per hour and there is still absolutely no pop up. All of this you can also take online with not extra game modes, but a smooth experience absolutely no different than the single player. It's a lot of fun getting online with people and doing different challenges, and definitely steps up the game's replay value. Whether you like or dislike this game will be found in the first 10 minutes of gameplay. I rated this game a 9 out of 10 on the premise that I absolutely love these arcade racers, and there is no short of content on this game, though nothing is too interesting, it's a racer (you can't exactly take things to a whole new level). I would recommend this game to anyone into fast and unrealistic racing. You can't get any better than Burnout Paradise on the 7th generation of consoles when it comes to Arcade racing. Expand
  10. Nov 13, 2011
    Very good game, lots of exciting races and events. It has a 9 instead of 10 for repetitiveness. Online is really fun where you can race with other people, very intense.
  11. Nov 13, 2011
    J'ai jamais vu un jeu de voitures aussi travaillé sur les crashs.
    Le monde ouvert regorge de défis en tout genre, les voitures sont nombreuses avec plusieurs types.
    Encore aujourd'hui Criterion fait fort.
    Continuez les gars !!!
  12. Apr 22, 2011
    Being the 5th title in the 'Burnout' franchise you would expect ideas to be running thin and a lot of familiar ground. What you wouldn't expect is an open world where you can quite literally own the road. Welcome to Paradise. As soon as the classic 'Paradise City' kicks in you get an understanding of where this game is coming from, Loud songs and even louder vehicles! If you are lookingBeing the 5th title in the 'Burnout' franchise you would expect ideas to be running thin and a lot of familiar ground. What you wouldn't expect is an open world where you can quite literally own the road. Welcome to Paradise. As soon as the classic 'Paradise City' kicks in you get an understanding of where this game is coming from, Loud songs and even louder vehicles! If you are looking for a quiet country drive you are in the wrong town.

So once you have fired up your first motor and won your first race you realize the true scale of Paradise City, with a diverse range of environments and a plethora of stunning vistas, becomes apparent.
    Game types range from Racing to Marked man events. There are also online races and variants on game modes like Cops 'n' Robbers (DLC) I don't want to dissect this game and tell you everything about it. I just want you to understand this is like getting your first car and working your way up to your new sports car. It is a journey one I haven't forgotten and one I still want to go back to. For me this is the definitive racing game on (PS3! or 360 or PC for that matter)
  13. Mar 24, 2011
    This game is simply the best racing game on PS3. Still fresh after 3 years. Open world, LOTS of stuff to do, great graphics, stunning crashes and multiplayer. Pure entertainment.
  14. Oct 17, 2010
    Great game. Great cars. Great crashes. Burnout paradise is a very good game as it has a very good sense of speed in it and anyone can enjoy it even if they're not into cars. I think that everything in the game feels very rewarding and everything is fun to do.
  15. Oct 12, 2010
    Pros: Great driving and stunt mechanics, game-modes, and online system/challenges/community. A large variety and amount of trophies and cars. A large, sprawling city featuring elements from London, New York, Tokyo, rural areas, and waterfronts to explore. Excellent DLC. Great graphics and sound effects. The soundtrack is good, although it could use a bit more variety. Excellent supportPros: Great driving and stunt mechanics, game-modes, and online system/challenges/community. A large variety and amount of trophies and cars. A large, sprawling city featuring elements from London, New York, Tokyo, rural areas, and waterfronts to explore. Excellent DLC. Great graphics and sound effects. The soundtrack is good, although it could use a bit more variety. Excellent support from the developer; many sales on DLC, a website online for tracking stats and completing the Paradise City map, custom music support, eye-toy integration, lots of added trophies, challenges, and excellent patches with new features such as motorcycles and day-and-night cycles. Cons: Races in offline can become repetitive and are often confusing due to the manner in which the game points you to the right direction. However, this ceases to be a problem when you gain more experience with the maps. Expand
  16. KeithJ
    Jan 26, 2009
    This game does not deserve the 0's and 1's. Even if you dislike the game, or it's too hard for you the presentation is awesome. The soundtrack is also great, it features LCD Soundsystem and Janes Addiction and a great variety of uncliche driving music. Sure the Guns and Roses theme song is kind of dumb, but the rest of the music is great. Give this one a chance, it's This game does not deserve the 0's and 1's. Even if you dislike the game, or it's too hard for you the presentation is awesome. The soundtrack is also great, it features LCD Soundsystem and Janes Addiction and a great variety of uncliche driving music. Sure the Guns and Roses theme song is kind of dumb, but the rest of the music is great. Give this one a chance, it's available for 20 dollars almost everywhere and is really fun! Forget about these crybaby reviews. Expand
  17. ENOUGH!!
    Jan 16, 2009
    While getting lost during races, I just stop caring and rush around the city. That's the beauty of this game. If you get lost, just rush around the city at an insane speed and run the risk of getting your car smashed to pieces. This is fun, and it also helps you learn the best paths from place to place. It's burnout, It's got the twisted metal, the Aggro, (a form of) "crash While getting lost during races, I just stop caring and rush around the city. That's the beauty of this game. If you get lost, just rush around the city at an insane speed and run the risk of getting your car smashed to pieces. This is fun, and it also helps you learn the best paths from place to place. It's burnout, It's got the twisted metal, the Aggro, (a form of) "crash mode" (RIP) and a lot of speed. Paradise city, here we come. Expand
  18. JeffF
    Jun 27, 2008
    Amazing game, the only problem I have is getting lost during races.
  19. NikoB.
    Apr 26, 2008
    Best racing game ever. takedown was fun for like two days, and paradise is a great turn for the series.
  20. BGriffiths
    Apr 25, 2008
    Absolutely hilarious fun. Passed the 80% completion mark and still finding things that absolutely surprise and entertain me. Great fun discovering it all and unlocking the game on your own, and the fun gets exponentially better when you play with friends. Solid as a whole - if you like driving games this is a great one to spend some time on (while you wait for GT5)
  21. DJATOMICA
    Apr 22, 2008
    I don't know why you stupid idoits are hating about this game. YALL SUCK! but, to tell you this, the cars was a little dissappointing,you can't restart, and the gates,smashes,and billboards are a waste of time and a pain. Burnout revenge or Burnout 3 should be on ps3
  22. JamesF.
    Apr 11, 2008
    Very glad they didn't repeat the previous offerings. Excellent though they were, if I want to play those I can play the PS2 versions on the PS3. Frankly not missing crash mode at all (though Showtime is a little gimmicky). The races, marked man and slick on-line make this a classic! Can't wait for the DLC!
  23. DamienR.
    Mar 31, 2008
    This is by far the best racing game I have ever played. It is the complete Burnout experience with all new features... and I hear a lot of people saying "they've done away with the crashes".. well... obviously they werent going fast enough were they? Put the foot down you panzies!! The crashes are in and better than ever! Everything is also open-world as well, so the option to This is by far the best racing game I have ever played. It is the complete Burnout experience with all new features... and I hear a lot of people saying "they've done away with the crashes".. well... obviously they werent going fast enough were they? Put the foot down you panzies!! The crashes are in and better than ever! Everything is also open-world as well, so the option to explore Paradise City from top to bottom is at your fingertips. They've got a new formula going here.. and should continue it with the next generation of Burnout games - cause here we have something that works, and works better than every other racing on the market! Expand
  24. MOQ
    Mar 30, 2008
    Its brilliant-awesome-amazing! Ok I really like it. its changed from the original but for the better. The Burnout Boost is just incredible, Showtime is the new crash, onlline is too much fun. Buy it now!
  25. BillG.
    Mar 12, 2008
    Great racing game, things from previous games have been improved upon. New features have been added, some removed and some blended together to create new things. No more crash instead we get showtime for example. Open world lets you explore at your own pace, online integration is great.
  26. LucazP.
    Mar 5, 2008
    Da most awesome game from burnout yet, other den takedown. The graphics r up dere with da best, speeding wif my jensen carbon x12 is simply spectacular. Ppl say lose a race, u cant restart, so wad, either u just win. or go 2 da next traffic lite n start a new event, simple. Online is even better, ive onli played bout 20 hours of burnout, but still as addicted as the 1st day i bougt it. TheDa most awesome game from burnout yet, other den takedown. The graphics r up dere with da best, speeding wif my jensen carbon x12 is simply spectacular. Ppl say lose a race, u cant restart, so wad, either u just win. or go 2 da next traffic lite n start a new event, simple. Online is even better, ive onli played bout 20 hours of burnout, but still as addicted as the 1st day i bougt it. The only reason it gets a 9 is cause i tinkgettin rid of party crash is a slite buumer, cause wen my frens come over, its a slite drag, but ode den dat, its wicked awesome, buy it ppl!!! Expand
  27. AidanJ.
    Mar 2, 2008
    Fantastic game, Criterion really pushed the boundaries to make it seamless with no loading. Online is very good, especially when people have headsets and cameras.
  28. ElG.
    Feb 26, 2008
    60 hours played and counting! Superb game! I thought the demo was rubbish, due to all the issues other people have raised in previous, more negative reviews. I gave it another chance and it won me over. Crash has gone ...so what, you still have your old games for that (and there is now Showtime - a bit like Crash). Yes it is sometimes a little frustrating to lack a restart event option, 60 hours played and counting! Superb game! I thought the demo was rubbish, due to all the issues other people have raised in previous, more negative reviews. I gave it another chance and it won me over. Crash has gone ...so what, you still have your old games for that (and there is now Showtime - a bit like Crash). Yes it is sometimes a little frustrating to lack a restart event option, but like others say, simply start a new event. You will learn the world faster, and until the very last few events of the the game, there are plenty of events to choose from (at every junction), all colour coded so you know what event it is. The map is clear and easy to follow, some bits more than others but it is only a map. The learning curve of the game is great and the unlockables seem to feel rewarding. There are 3 different types of boost as in other BO games, Speed, Stunt, and Aggression each gain boost differently. Once you get your Burnout license, the cars start getting really quick. "Zone"-like focus required. Online mode is a gem. Virtually seamless online support, straight online from anywhere, anytime. With online races and co-op challenges, as well as Freeburn which allows players to compete against each other for Longest Jump, Airtime, Most Burnouts, Oncoming etc. Great, great game. If I am honest, its probably more like a 9/10 but where others have whinged and given it a 0, I think a 10 is easily justified. Expand
  29. SaviorM.
    Feb 24, 2008
    People need to wake up. It's *not* cool when developers take successful franchises into a new generation of hardware, and upgrade only the graphics. When they do this, we get Devil May Cry 4--at least as good a game as DMC3, but not genuinely better. That's because it's really the same game, pretty much, with new graphics. Burnout Paradise doesn't have Crash Mode--yes. People need to wake up. It's *not* cool when developers take successful franchises into a new generation of hardware, and upgrade only the graphics. When they do this, we get Devil May Cry 4--at least as good a game as DMC3, but not genuinely better. That's because it's really the same game, pretty much, with new graphics. Burnout Paradise doesn't have Crash Mode--yes. You aren't dragged back to the beginning of an event when you lose--yes. This is because Criterion committed fully to the open-world sandbox concept. If you lose an event, wherever you end up, there will be something to do there instead. You have to learn to navigate the city--yes. Not restarting an event will help you learn *faster.* I'm completely disgusted by the whining crybabies ruining this game's community score here and elsewhere--it's as if they want to play the same game five times in a row. You people are the reason why the publishers churn out a new-and-unimproved version of every annualized franchise every year. Congratulations. For everybody with good taste and good sense, Burnout Paradise delivers on the Burnout legacy while adding fantastic new features. No, it isn't the same game you've been playing these five iterations; and you're welcome. 9.0. Expand
  30. JeffA.
    Feb 23, 2008
    Photorealistic graphics blended with spot on controls give this sandbox racer a perfect score.

1. Scarily deep. It demands you play it: there's so much to find it's incredible. [Jan 2008, p.88]
    Give it a chance and you may find yourself having the most fun you've ever had in a virtual car. [Feb 2008, p.70]
  3. A truly superb racer; fast, vast and there's plenty to do under that super-slick surface. [Jan 2008, p.118]