7.6

1. Dec 17, 2013
    I'm gonna whine again: not being able to restart the race is a game breaker.
    I don't like open world racing games either. I want to race other drivers, not drive around in an open world with no purpose.
    The gameplay is fun but I always find Burnout to be too difficult, the difficulty in these games always spikes after a while and I've never finished a Burnout game yet because off it.
  2. Apr 9, 2013
    This is classic Burnout with way better graphics. It's just fun. I could play this all day with my friends, my relatives or whoever. If you don't have it, it's fun as hell.
  3. Jan 13, 2014
    An 8.5/10. A really fun racer. Honestly however, I think the best Burnout is Burnout 3: Takedown. That's not to say Paradise is bad; far from it. The open-world feature is a nice addition. My main gripe is that there are main landmarks that serve as finish lines for each race. So, you will realize that you are racing to the same destinations, only that there are different paths. You'llAn 8.5/10. A really fun racer. Honestly however, I think the best Burnout is Burnout 3: Takedown. That's not to say Paradise is bad; far from it. The open-world feature is a nice addition. My main gripe is that there are main landmarks that serve as finish lines for each race. So, you will realize that you are racing to the same destinations, only that there are different paths. You'll probably tire of seeing same places over and over. Races aren't the only modes, however. You have others like Stunt Run, Marked Man and Road Rage (which is the best since you can commit carnage anywhere). Cars are fun to wreck and destroy. If you're lucky, you might find a few people still playing online. Dirt cheap now, and I recommend it. Expand
  4. Nov 19, 2013
    Un juegazo, a mi no me gustan los juegos de coches y carreras, pero este si me encanto, es un juegazo, lo recomiendo 100% tanto para fans de coches como para los del sandbox tipo GTA, es un juego con un mapeado extensisimo que te encantara disfrutar, solo o acompañado, es divertidisimo y muy adictivo, a la minima que podais pillaroslo, de verdad que os lo recomiendo, amigos este si que esUn juegazo, a mi no me gustan los juegos de coches y carreras, pero este si me encanto, es un juegazo, lo recomiendo 100% tanto para fans de coches como para los del sandbox tipo GTA, es un juego con un mapeado extensisimo que te encantara disfrutar, solo o acompañado, es divertidisimo y muy adictivo, a la minima que podais pillaroslo, de verdad que os lo recomiendo, amigos este si que es un Burnout!! Expand
  5. Dec 10, 2011
    This is how i will point flaws:

The good: Graphics. The bad: Everything else. Why: Ok first, this game is nothing like what the past games where. This one went all "racing" on us, instead of burnouts trademark crashes and takedowns. Second, while your driving, the game freezes at random spots so an imbred narrator can talk to you about the obvious. such as: "jump the ramps for points!".
    This is how i will point flaws:

The good: Graphics.

The bad: Everything else.

Why: Ok first, this game is nothing like what the past games where. This one went all "racing" on us, instead of burnouts trademark crashes and takedowns. Second, while your driving, the game freezes at random spots so an imbred narrator can talk to you about the obvious. such as: "jump the ramps for points!". OK CAPTAIN OBVIOUS. This game is junk. I want my money back. Burnout 1-3 was good. The rest, nope.
  6. Oct 25, 2012
    To put yourself on a wheel of a car and drive into an open world city and surroundings and every once in a while stop in a traffic light and start a challenge is that much fun. B.P. is one of the best car games around.
  7. Dec 23, 2014
    Great racing game but the amount of micro transactions annoyed me to a point that i refused to keep playing. It is the same problem with every EA game! This sucks and leads to that that i think twice before buying a EA game.
  8. Sep 23, 2014
    While the decision to go open world may be jarring for hardcore Burnout fans, I still believe this to be one of the finest racers of the generation. Lots to do and find, and the 8-player online can be fantastic competition; whether it's races, a co-operate meet-up or simply trying to outscore friends' crash scores on a single street.
  9. Mar 23, 2014
    I only spent 5 hours in this game but now I can’t even force myself to play it (I’d have to reinstall it first). It feels like I should get paid to play this. When you have to constantly worry about crashing into stuff you can’t pause the gameplay every 2 seconds to look at the map. That’s the game’s biggest issue. Maybe a minimap that actually told you where to turn would have helped. TheI only spent 5 hours in this game but now I can’t even force myself to play it (I’d have to reinstall it first). It feels like I should get paid to play this. When you have to constantly worry about crashing into stuff you can’t pause the gameplay every 2 seconds to look at the map. That’s the game’s biggest issue. Maybe a minimap that actually told you where to turn would have helped. The takedown mode and the races are okay but the others feel like stress-inducing chores. The cars aren’t real and the music sucks (I swear if I hear Paradise City once more my head will explode). No split screen either. A disappointing game if I ever saw one. That’s 18 dollars I’ll never get back. Expand
  10. Jun 25, 2014
    This is an excellent open world racing game. Graphics still hold up against today's games. This is an arcade type racing game, not a simulator, so if your looking for realistic racing then this is not the game for you. This game is not like past burnout games, there isn't a crash mode. However it is an excellent racing game with lots of races, 75 cars, boards to smash through, jumpThis is an excellent open world racing game. Graphics still hold up against today's games. This is an arcade type racing game, not a simulator, so if your looking for realistic racing then this is not the game for you. This game is not like past burnout games, there isn't a crash mode. However it is an excellent racing game with lots of races, 75 cars, boards to smash through, jump locations to jump, awesome crashes.

Want realistic racing, or expect something like the older Burnout games then don't buy.
    If you want one of the best arcade racing games out there then this is a must buy.
  11. May 20, 2014
    here is a question can there be a better racing game then burnout paradise the answer so far no this is the best racing game ever made unless you like sims i still cant believe this game is six years old and still how well it hold up today its sad we wont see a follow up to this with criterion having like 10 people left thanks ea =(
  12. Dec 13, 2011
    I bought this game in late 2010, over two years after its publish. Still, I was kinda blown away. You would first think that an open world driving game isn't the greatest idea because you have Grand Theft Auto already where you can besides driving do other things too. But Burnout Paradise does so well. Driving in this city is very joyful, aso the misty mountais you just want to drive thereI bought this game in late 2010, over two years after its publish. Still, I was kinda blown away. You would first think that an open world driving game isn't the greatest idea because you have Grand Theft Auto already where you can besides driving do other things too. But Burnout Paradise does so well. Driving in this city is very joyful, aso the misty mountais you just want to drive there with different cars, beat the challenges, find the hidden things etc. Also online up to 8 players is great fun. Free burnouting, challenges, races, road rages etc. That keeping in mind there are several minor errors, dozens even that you will notice and think: "that could be bettered in the game..". But really it doesn't matter, it keeps being fun. Almost countless hours of playing because of lot of content and great online gaming! Expand
  13. Dec 19, 2010
    great racing game i liked the change in singleplayer and the fact that there's almost no loading times but I hate the multiplayer, you can't race with your friends on the same ps3 and the online is not very intuitive
  14. Jul 6, 2014
    Good idea for this franchise. To have open world racing and good graphics. First thing the loading of this game is like 4 hours! 4 HOURS! or even more...But still game is fun and good looking but when you play this like 5 hours. Then you just get bored. 7/10 Still 2008s best racing game.
  15. May 19, 2011
    No storyline to speak of, but this open world racing game is very fun. The sense of speed is breathtaking, and the events (unless they go on for an ungodly amount of time) never really get old. The variety of cars is great, and each car actually feels different from the others. Highly recommend this.
  16. Feb 27, 2013
    I was a big fan of Revenge and Takedown, but I feel as though EA has pulled a "Capcom" and tried to do an unnecessary revamp of their old series. The lack of loading screens is awesome, which means the gameplay doesn't stop for a second, but I feel as though the game has lost its multiplayer edge due to the lack of split screen and the removal of crash parties, which in my opinion, was theI was a big fan of Revenge and Takedown, but I feel as though EA has pulled a "Capcom" and tried to do an unnecessary revamp of their old series. The lack of loading screens is awesome, which means the gameplay doesn't stop for a second, but I feel as though the game has lost its multiplayer edge due to the lack of split screen and the removal of crash parties, which in my opinion, was the most fun part of Revenge. The open world is a rather ingenious addition to a racing game, and although I admit it works and it is a joy to play at times, it feels as though several events from the previous games have been dulled down to fit into the open world. Again, good game, definitely recommendable, but I would like it much better with crash parties and split screen. Expand
  17. Apr 1, 2012
    Burnout Paradise is a game I understand people disliking. It's not much of a game to hate for it doesn't have anything more than a share of minor problems: such as having to check the map on a constant basis to understand where you're going (which doesn't grow on you as being as horrible as it sounds), or that sometimes you have to drive quite a while to one of the very few "junkyards"Burnout Paradise is a game I understand people disliking. It's not much of a game to hate for it doesn't have anything more than a share of minor problems: such as having to check the map on a constant basis to understand where you're going (which doesn't grow on you as being as horrible as it sounds), or that sometimes you have to drive quite a while to one of the very few "junkyards" spread across the map in inconvenient places, or DJ atomica and his annoying radio graces. The making or breaking point of this game only comes down to how much you like it's monotonous gameplay of driving back and forth between a few game types. Beside the Road Rage challenges, nothing is too interesting: you can Race, you can go for a Stunt record, you can blah, you can blah, nothing too interesting. You unlock vehicles by doing these challenges and getting new licenses (which come from doing these challenges and have no real point). You will be driving from challenge to challenge in a damn well designed map that is anything but small. The majority of my fun found was in the mountainous area with less obstacles and plenty of room to test vehicle's handling and speed, though the whole city is bright and looks great. The graphics are great, and the sound is absolutely outstanding. Every vehicle's engine sounds unique and well realistic, and you'll find yourself drooling at the sound of the gear changes. All of the vehicles are well varied. You will be driving everything from A Team types vans, to F1 cars, and it takes quite the bit of time to unlock each vehicle from doing these challenges. So if you are one that enjoys the core gameplay and challenges, you will have a lot of grinding to do unlocking what you want. Though don't worry about the difficulty. The game constantly steps up the difficulty from challenge to challenge, and it does get quite difficult. The games presentation does well to constantly keep you in the action. The game takes place entirely within the world just like GTA. The games menus take place through a couple of different pause screens that make things quick and simple. Now that you have an idea of what you're doing, you probably want to know just how it feels. This is no driving sim like Gran Turismo. This is pure arcade fun. The slowest vehicle in this game goes at least 300 mph. All the vehilces handle insanely and are a lot of fun to drive. That's really what this game is all about: core gameplay, and that's really all that separates you liking or disliking it. The game runs smoothly and is slowed by very very few bugs, and the frame rate is absolutely outstanding. You can be driving 600 miles per hour and there is still absolutely no pop up. All of this you can also take online with not extra game modes, but a smooth experience absolutely no different than the single player. It's a lot of fun getting online with people and doing different challenges, and definitely steps up the game's replay value. Whether you like or dislike this game will be found in the first 10 minutes of gameplay. I rated this game a 9 out of 10 on the premise that I absolutely love these arcade racers, and there is no short of content on this game, though nothing is too interesting, it's a racer (you can't exactly take things to a whole new level). I would recommend this game to anyone into fast and unrealistic racing. You can't get any better than Burnout Paradise on the 7th generation of consoles when it comes to Arcade racing. Expand
  18. Nov 23, 2011
    I don't like how it's an open world and you have to drive to the different races, also, it was too fast paced which caused me to crash a lot, and the poor navigation system didn't help. The huge variety of different race types was the highlight of this game, my favourite is still take down (although this mode was extremely easy in this game). It definitely wasn't the best Burnout game I'veI don't like how it's an open world and you have to drive to the different races, also, it was too fast paced which caused me to crash a lot, and the poor navigation system didn't help. The huge variety of different race types was the highlight of this game, my favourite is still take down (although this mode was extremely easy in this game). It definitely wasn't the best Burnout game I've played, Burnout 3 and Revenge are still the best, but it was still a good game, but with a lot of flaws. Expand
  19. Aug 1, 2012
    Still (2012) think the best racing game ever released in this generation.
    Everything in this game is perfect, events, races, the city of the game is more fun to explore in a racing game, a must see!
  20. Jan 13, 2013
    Make this in a open world was a great mistake. Burnout 3: Takedown, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit and Burnout Revenge are the best racing games Critrerion made. Like Criterion's Most Wanted, it is a empty feeling game. But Most Wanted does't have **** navigation and a static map.
  21. Dec 10, 2013
    The best racing game ever! The graphics are great, the events are great, the freeburn is great, multiplayer is great, and the cars are great! I can play this game for hours without getting bored,and can easily lose track of time! Buy it now!
  22. Nov 13, 2011
    Very good game, lots of exciting races and events. It has a 9 instead of 10 for repetitiveness. Online is really fun where you can race with other people, very intense.
  23. Nov 26, 2012
    It's not a bad game, but also not a good one in my opinion. It took me over 3 days to start feeling comfortable with it. That maybe down to the open world and lack of directional arrows when racing....it seems over-whelming, but once you get past that, it's ok as a time filler. I didn't like how when you leveled up it reset all the races you'd done. It seemed like a cheap way to getIt's not a bad game, but also not a good one in my opinion. It took me over 3 days to start feeling comfortable with it. That maybe down to the open world and lack of directional arrows when racing....it seems over-whelming, but once you get past that, it's ok as a time filler. I didn't like how when you leveled up it reset all the races you'd done. It seemed like a cheap way to get longevity out of the game. You could do better than this but it certainly isn't the worst game. I can see why it would be enjoyable, but it's not really for me. Expand
  24. May 15, 2015
    This game does everything right an arcade racer has to do. Insanely fun gameplay, a lot of races to do, a lot of different collectibles to get and a good amount of cars to collect. The map is quite big and has some cool stunt spots. This game is arcade racing on its best.
  25. Oct 12, 2010
    Pros: Great driving and stunt mechanics, game-modes, and online system/challenges/community. A large variety and amount of trophies and cars. A large, sprawling city featuring elements from London, New York, Tokyo, rural areas, and waterfronts to explore. Excellent DLC. Great graphics and sound effects. The soundtrack is good, although it could use a bit more variety. Excellent supportPros: Great driving and stunt mechanics, game-modes, and online system/challenges/community. A large variety and amount of trophies and cars. A large, sprawling city featuring elements from London, New York, Tokyo, rural areas, and waterfronts to explore. Excellent DLC. Great graphics and sound effects. The soundtrack is good, although it could use a bit more variety. Excellent support from the developer; many sales on DLC, a website online for tracking stats and completing the Paradise City map, custom music support, eye-toy integration, lots of added trophies, challenges, and excellent patches with new features such as motorcycles and day-and-night cycles. Cons: Races in offline can become repetitive and are often confusing due to the manner in which the game points you to the right direction. However, this ceases to be a problem when you gain more experience with the maps. Expand
  26. May 22, 2013
    *The* best racing game you can get a hold of in PC, granted that neither Forza or Gran Turismo ever hitting Steam, amazingly well done roads,shortcuts, enjoyable cars the feel that high speed gives, crashing mechanics... the only downside for me was not so-challenging AI but that can be easily fixed with Multiplayer, although i myself could never experience it yet.
  27. Aug 22, 2013
    Burnout Paradise is a fun but flawed sandbox racer. The game focuses on the gameplay and does not have any story to speak of, because of this the graphics and gameplay are fantastic. The graphics look very sharp and realistic. When you are speeding past the scenery at a high speed, it looks beautiful. However, the gameplay is the real star of the show. Burnout Paradise allows you toBurnout Paradise is a fun but flawed sandbox racer. The game focuses on the gameplay and does not have any story to speak of, because of this the graphics and gameplay are fantastic. The graphics look very sharp and realistic. When you are speeding past the scenery at a high speed, it looks beautiful. However, the gameplay is the real star of the show. Burnout Paradise allows you to explore it's sandbox world looking for events. These events include races, road rages, stunt runs, and marked man. Each of these are fun if you spread them out amongst each other. However, if you do keep doing the same type of event over and over again, the game becomes very repetitive quickly. Even if you spread them out, the game will eventually become repetitive. For example, you will realize that in the races, you are doing the same routes again and again with a few different turns. The repetitiveness of the game comes from the fact that while the world is beautiful, it is tiny. It doesn't take long to see everything the game has to offer. The only other problem with the game is it's difficulty curve. The game is easy for the most part, but there are random difficulty spikes throughout the game. However, it is easy to adjust to the spikes due to the car selection. If the current car that you have does not work well for the event you are currently trying to complete, then change to a newer car. This does mean that the car selection is unbalanced but this actually works in the games favor. Overall, Burnout Paradise is fun game that anyone can enjoy, it just has a few flaws. Expand
  28. Oct 17, 2010
    Great game. Great cars. Great crashes. Burnout paradise is a very good game as it has a very good sense of speed in it and anyone can enjoy it even if they're not into cars. I think that everything in the game feels very rewarding and everything is fun to do.
  29. Jun 15, 2011
    Really fun open world racing game - 3 things would've made it flawless. One, if the navigation system was a bit better, at the moment you're looking at the tiny map the whole time instead of the road which leads to inevitable and frequent crashes. You keep taking turns that you think will get you to your goal but take you far in the opposite direction instead with no way of returning toReally fun open world racing game - 3 things would've made it flawless. One, if the navigation system was a bit better, at the moment you're looking at the tiny map the whole time instead of the road which leads to inevitable and frequent crashes. You keep taking turns that you think will get you to your goal but take you far in the opposite direction instead with no way of returning to the appropriate route.2) The frustrating thing is that you HAVE to finish the race before you can start a new event so if you messed up you have to tediously drive to the goal just to free yourself from the event. A simple abort option or the freedom to start new events whenever would've fixed that.
    Thirdly, the very nature of the game means that you crash, a LOT, often unavoidably. It would have been nice if the cars were a bit more resilient and able to survive a few crashes instead of having you respawn every five seconds and interrupt the pace of the game. In fact it wouldve been great if you didnt respawn at all except when plummeting off the map - rather having the cars be really impaired by damage till you can fix it up.
    Those three things would've made this game perfect in my opinion. Otherwise it's a worthy and very fun game.
  30. Nov 13, 2011
    J'ai jamais vu un jeu de voitures aussi travaillé sur les crashs.
    Le monde ouvert regorge de défis en tout genre, les voitures sont nombreuses avec plusieurs types.
    Encore aujourd'hui Criterion fait fort.
    Continuez les gars !!!
  31. Mar 24, 2011
    This game is simply the best racing game on PS3. Still fresh after 3 years. Open world, LOTS of stuff to do, great graphics, stunning crashes and multiplayer. Pure entertainment.
  32. Aug 21, 2010
    this is a very great game for me is the best burnout ever best teckdown nice race this game is just awsome and li love the free mode in the city is a very great idea
  33. Apr 22, 2011
    Being the 5th title in the 'Burnout' franchise you would expect ideas to be running thin and a lot of familiar ground. What you wouldn't expect is an open world where you can quite literally own the road. Welcome to Paradise. As soon as the classic 'Paradise City' kicks in you get an understanding of where this game is coming from, Loud songs and even louder vehicles! If you are lookingBeing the 5th title in the 'Burnout' franchise you would expect ideas to be running thin and a lot of familiar ground. What you wouldn't expect is an open world where you can quite literally own the road. Welcome to Paradise. As soon as the classic 'Paradise City' kicks in you get an understanding of where this game is coming from, Loud songs and even louder vehicles! If you are looking for a quiet country drive you are in the wrong town.

So once you have fired up your first motor and won your first race you realize the true scale of Paradise City, with a diverse range of environments and a plethora of stunning vistas, becomes apparent.
    Game types range from Racing to Marked man events. There are also online races and variants on game modes like Cops 'n' Robbers (DLC) I don't want to dissect this game and tell you everything about it. I just want you to understand this is like getting your first car and working your way up to your new sports car. It is a journey one I haven't forgotten and one I still want to go back to. For me this is the definitive racing game on (PS3! or 360 or PC for that matter)
  34. Sep 10, 2012
    This game is awful compare to Burnout 3: Takedown or Revenge. This game plays more like a modern racing game instead of a burnout game and don't have the feel of a burnout game. What made me most annoyed was the races has been slowed down as a normal racing game. I remember burnout to be the super fast racing game, that actually was and felt fast in comparison to something like Need ForThis game is awful compare to Burnout 3: Takedown or Revenge. This game plays more like a modern racing game instead of a burnout game and don't have the feel of a burnout game. What made me most annoyed was the races has been slowed down as a normal racing game. I remember burnout to be the super fast racing game, that actually was and felt fast in comparison to something like Need For Speed. Another thing that's annoying is the open world, it's like comparing Need For Speed Underground with Underground 2. Open-world racing games gets extremely BORING after a while (it's fun in the beginning). Then on top of all, you can't not restart a race in burnout paradise WTF.

This is the WORST in the series, hands down. a SHAME.
  35. geoffhant
    Jan 10, 2008
    I expected more after the amount of time Paradise has been in development. It must have cost a fortune to make. Unfortunately this does nothing for me having been a fan of the previous Burnouts. I think the series may have had it's day with the developers resorting to the red-herring of open-worlds. Navigation, predictable is a nightmare.
  36. ChrisL.
    Jan 26, 2008
    An overall great game, progress is fast and as soon as you adapt to the find your own route and not being able to restart (If you have to restart too often, your the sucky one not the game.) The offline mode is very easy and only used for getting new cars to use in the online mode which is far better than any other online mode in whatever game i have ever played. You have the freedom of a An overall great game, progress is fast and as soon as you adapt to the find your own route and not being able to restart (If you have to restart too often, your the sucky one not the game.) The offline mode is very easy and only used for getting new cars to use in the online mode which is far better than any other online mode in whatever game i have ever played. You have the freedom of a MMO but with racing insted of monsters. Its practically the MMO of racing when you go online. The car system is great and the different ways to get cars makes it more interesting, you don't drive from race to race just to race, you do it so you can get a new car on the way, as they drive around in the city and you simply have to take them down and they will be at your Junkyard. Its new, its great and probably a contender for racing game of the year, and its only January :) Expand
  37. BobS.
    Feb 2, 2008
    Definately not as good as prvious Burnouts. I think Takedown was the peak for me. Seems that things have been added and changed, other things taken away maybe just for the sake of 'newness'. It's often best to just perfect what was there rather than change everything. Shame really but the edge seems to have been lost in this one. Showtime is a poor crash. How anyone can say Definately not as good as prvious Burnouts. I think Takedown was the peak for me. Seems that things have been added and changed, other things taken away maybe just for the sake of 'newness'. It's often best to just perfect what was there rather than change everything. Shame really but the edge seems to have been lost in this one. Showtime is a poor crash. How anyone can say this is flawless is beyond me really. Expand
  38. DaveN.
    Feb 9, 2008
    Burnout on a large scale - yeah there are a few minor problems with the game but between the offline and online play there's enough here for everybody.
  39. LucazP.
    Mar 5, 2008
    Da most awesome game from burnout yet, other den takedown. The graphics r up dere with da best, speeding wif my jensen carbon x12 is simply spectacular. Ppl say lose a race, u cant restart, so wad, either u just win. or go 2 da next traffic lite n start a new event, simple. Online is even better, ive onli played bout 20 hours of burnout, but still as addicted as the 1st day i bougt it. TheDa most awesome game from burnout yet, other den takedown. The graphics r up dere with da best, speeding wif my jensen carbon x12 is simply spectacular. Ppl say lose a race, u cant restart, so wad, either u just win. or go 2 da next traffic lite n start a new event, simple. Online is even better, ive onli played bout 20 hours of burnout, but still as addicted as the 1st day i bougt it. The only reason it gets a 9 is cause i tinkgettin rid of party crash is a slite buumer, cause wen my frens come over, its a slite drag, but ode den dat, its wicked awesome, buy it ppl!!! Expand
  40. RasputiaD
    Aug 26, 2009
    I was looking so forward to this game and even pre-ordered it because every other burnout game I played in the past is good. This one disappointed me. It is cool flying around at top speeds, but trying to navigate yourself through the open worlds and being told at the last minute to turn... not cool, i kinda liked the old one where it was all about racing and not geography, if you make a I was looking so forward to this game and even pre-ordered it because every other burnout game I played in the past is good. This one disappointed me. It is cool flying around at top speeds, but trying to navigate yourself through the open worlds and being told at the last minute to turn... not cool, i kinda liked the old one where it was all about racing and not geography, if you make a wrong turn you've almost had it. If you lose you have tp travel for another five minutes to get to the start again which becomes frustrating especially if you lost by a second, restarting should happen, and the camera angle is shoddy, only two? The one is too close to the car and the other is infront of it?.With all this being said,the online play is un and ranked and always gives a thrill, the music is good as always the graphics sharp and well done, the crashes awesome. I would pick this up in the bargain bin, if i had time and bandwidth to waste. Expand
  41. MasJ.
    Jan 18, 2008
    No other racing game (except maybe Motorstorm when boosting) gives the sense of just barely in control speed and the OMG wow crashes like Burnout. Super graphics, physics and the cars don't handle like pushing a shopping cart uphill on ice like some other racing titles do. The sandbox style means lots of replay value, its a buy not a rental.
  42. JohnC.
    Jan 19, 2008
    Not quite as good as it could have been. I think the best Burbouts may well be behind us. Takedown was great but since then the series seems to have lost it's way. Talking of losing you way, the nav in this is pretty bad. Starting a race means going all the way back to tyhe beginning too which seems a very odd decision. There is showtime in this version which is , is all honesty, a Not quite as good as it could have been. I think the best Burbouts may well be behind us. Takedown was great but since then the series seems to have lost it's way. Talking of losing you way, the nav in this is pretty bad. Starting a race means going all the way back to tyhe beginning too which seems a very odd decision. There is showtime in this version which is , is all honesty, a poor mans crash. Flawed in many little ways this is not quite what I'd hoped it would have been. Expand
  43. MrX
    Jan 25, 2008
    Stop whining about not being able to restart the race! Just start another one close by. The whole idea is to keep things different and fluid and learn the city. Just because you suck at the game and have to redo a race a thousand times doesnt mean the game is bad. The open city is awesome and really gives a sense of freedom. It also adds to the replay value because you can take a Stop whining about not being able to restart the race! Just start another one close by. The whole idea is to keep things different and fluid and learn the city. Just because you suck at the game and have to redo a race a thousand times doesnt mean the game is bad. The open city is awesome and really gives a sense of freedom. It also adds to the replay value because you can take a different route every time you do a race and find all the shortcuts. I thought Crash in the previous Burnouts was boring and overated, so I don't miss it here either. The graphics, responsiveness and sense of speed are amazing, and a definite improvement on previous versions. Brilliant. Expand
  44. BrettJames
    Jan 27, 2008
    I'm not sure what game the reviewers got to play but the Burnout Paradise I played is the WORST sequel since Devil May Cry 2. No crash mode?? No auto restart? And what the hell happened to the sense of speed? The previous games were blazing fast. This barely gets things going. The Burnout series was always about one thing...FUN. You could hop in, run a couple of races or just smashI'm not sure what game the reviewers got to play but the Burnout Paradise I played is the WORST sequel since Devil May Cry 2. No crash mode?? No auto restart? And what the hell happened to the sense of speed? The previous games were blazing fast. This barely gets things going. The Burnout series was always about one thing...FUN. You could hop in, run a couple of races or just smash around. Great times. But this game? All work. You've got to drive to every race, that you have to find yourself! No one's mentioned that you only see maybe 2 or 3 races when the game starts. You've got to drive around and discover where all the races start. Then you've got to drive back to the same spot if you lose. Oh and don't forget to drive one place to fix your car, another place to paint it (with so few options it's hardly worth it) and another place to fill up the turbo. This is annoying in real life. Why, oh why, would the designers think that that would be fun here? And did I mention that this game feels slow? Oh good I did. This used to be a great game for having your friends over and seeing who could finish a run the fastest or cause the biggest wreck. Now the only wreck here is the game itself. It is a real slap in the face to fans of the series. Just like DMC2. PLEASE rent before you buy if you must know how this is. You'll thank me later. Expand
  45. GamingGuru
    Jan 29, 2008
    WOW, these people on here have no idea how to play this game. Showtime is a MILLION times better than crash. It's crash mode anytime, anywhere you want!!!!!!! Don't like open worlds? Are you crazy? It's flat out awesome, and navigation was fairly easy, at least on a HDTV (50 in). Yeah, there is no way to restart a race, but why would you, there is a newer one one block WOW, these people on here have no idea how to play this game. Showtime is a MILLION times better than crash. It's crash mode anytime, anywhere you want!!!!!!! Don't like open worlds? Are you crazy? It's flat out awesome, and navigation was fairly easy, at least on a HDTV (50 in). Yeah, there is no way to restart a race, but why would you, there is a newer one one block away. If you are a "linear" type player for racing games, this is not for you. This is about fun, not beating everything, though you can do that to. If that sounds like you, pick it up, you will love it. Expand
  46. Trevor
    Jan 31, 2008
    There have been very few games that I've played and enjoyed as much as Burnout Paradise. I have long been a fan of the Burnout series, but I can honestly say, this is my favorite. Yes, crash is gone, but it has been replaced with showtime, which is similar but less boring and repetitive (albeit overdone). But the real beauty is the freedom and how the driving itself becomes the There have been very few games that I've played and enjoyed as much as Burnout Paradise. I have long been a fan of the Burnout series, but I can honestly say, this is my favorite. Yes, crash is gone, but it has been replaced with showtime, which is similar but less boring and repetitive (albeit overdone). But the real beauty is the freedom and how the driving itself becomes the interface to the game. This keeps you constantly engaged and always driving. Sure, you may be stuck at the end of a race after failing, having to drive back to the start, but why not pick up another race on the way? And if you wreck your car on the way, no worries. You'll enjoy the incredibly detailed crash sequence that results. Expand
  47. OLMF
    Jan 31, 2008
    This appears to be a love it or hate it game for most. Count me in the love it camp! I find it interesting that one of the negatives of most game designs is that they are only minor updates to previous games and that nothing is really new to their current game, and yet when a developer does something completely new and takes their franchise to a new level (like Criterion has done here) This appears to be a love it or hate it game for most. Count me in the love it camp! I find it interesting that one of the negatives of most game designs is that they are only minor updates to previous games and that nothing is really new to their current game, and yet when a developer does something completely new and takes their franchise to a new level (like Criterion has done here) people are complaining that they want the same old games that they had before! I would have loved to see weather changes, or day/night cycles to add to the experience. Maybe the next game will have those. Until then, I will be drving the streets of Paradise loving every second of it. Expand
  48. AlvinL.
    Jan 30, 2008
    Awesome arcade game!!!! Don't listen to all the negative reviews..this is what next-gen gaming is all about!!! Buy this game now!!!
  49. MiguelJ.
    Feb 10, 2008
    This game is pure fun, its a do whatever you want to do game, if you have to drive all the way back, have fun doing it, it is a great game and the developers really impressed me with the open map style, they took a big chance and it paid off. If you wish to have fun online and offline, get it now. I did not give it a ten since the online chat is all distorted.
  50. DenJ.
    Feb 2, 2008
    Weakest Burnout in quite a while. Major omissions unforgivable and open world system hampered by poor navigation.
  51. SonicB.
    Feb 2, 2008
    Hell of a long wait for this one to come around and sadly not really worth it.
  52. Crysis5
    Feb 2, 2008
    I still find myself pining for the pure exhiliration of Burnout Takedown. Since then the series has steadily declined it seems and now it's something totally unrecognizable as Burnout. Other racing games that I own seem to become more refined as the new iterations arrive. Burnout seems to be having an identity crisis and I don't like it's guise this time around.
  53. Link90210
    Feb 2, 2008
    Very repetitive and many things detract from the usual pick up and play Burnout arcade style. Things don't seem to be running at such a breakneck pace in this one either which is a real shame. Wish they had real cars too! fed up with these cars that you can't really identify with. Crash has gone and race restarts will have you pulling your hair out. Not a bad racer but no Burnout.
  54. Racefanatic2
    Feb 2, 2008
    Burnout has lost its way.
  55. JeffJ.
    Feb 24, 2008
    Burnout Revenge and Burnout Takedown were two awesome games that were just flat out fun for everyone. I would play those games with friends that never played video games and everyone had a great time. Burnout Paradise on the other hand is extremely hard to just pick up and play. Yes, I can drive around and do anything, but the reality is I drive around and am lost. When I want to race it Burnout Revenge and Burnout Takedown were two awesome games that were just flat out fun for everyone. I would play those games with friends that never played video games and everyone had a great time. Burnout Paradise on the other hand is extremely hard to just pick up and play. Yes, I can drive around and do anything, but the reality is I drive around and am lost. When I want to race it seems I just drive around and around and when I finally do find a race the game tells me I don't have the right car. I think it is stupid that I have to drive around to repair my car. That is just plain frustrating. And once I get into a race that absolute last thing I want to do is stare at a map so I don't get lost. Well, I do try and watch the map and end up just getting lost. Playing catchup because you missed a turn is not what Burnout is about. So do not buy this game. If you have a 360 buy Burnout Revenge for it. If you have a PS3 then I'm sorry. There is nothing fun about this game. Expand
  56. IsaacM.
    Feb 24, 2008
    I'm actually giving this an 8.5. I love it!!! This is the first Burnout I have actually gone out and bought coz while the others were terrific to play a couple of races on I couldn't sit there and play it seriously I hated having to watch loading screens for hours and I just wasn't drawn into the game I prefer something like Driver or NFS to Burnout. This 1 though is I'm actually giving this an 8.5. I love it!!! This is the first Burnout I have actually gone out and bought coz while the others were terrific to play a couple of races on I couldn't sit there and play it seriously I hated having to watch loading screens for hours and I just wasn't drawn into the game I prefer something like Driver or NFS to Burnout. This 1 though is different for starters it has almost NO loading throughout the entire game which is a testament to some serious programming, the graphics are meh could be better (GT5 hurry up and get your a** released already), the city is large and plenty of exploring to do (always a bonus) and the online is utterly flawless. I'm staggered how easy it is to use and how much fun the Online mode is. Other game developers take note this is how easy access to online modes needs to be from now on. PS3 Rocks!!! Now its time to go and collect some Mugshots!! Collapse
  57. SaviorM.
    Feb 24, 2008
    People need to wake up. It's *not* cool when developers take successful franchises into a new generation of hardware, and upgrade only the graphics. When they do this, we get Devil May Cry 4--at least as good a game as DMC3, but not genuinely better. That's because it's really the same game, pretty much, with new graphics. Burnout Paradise doesn't have Crash Mode--yes. People need to wake up. It's *not* cool when developers take successful franchises into a new generation of hardware, and upgrade only the graphics. When they do this, we get Devil May Cry 4--at least as good a game as DMC3, but not genuinely better. That's because it's really the same game, pretty much, with new graphics. Burnout Paradise doesn't have Crash Mode--yes. You aren't dragged back to the beginning of an event when you lose--yes. This is because Criterion committed fully to the open-world sandbox concept. If you lose an event, wherever you end up, there will be something to do there instead. You have to learn to navigate the city--yes. Not restarting an event will help you learn *faster.* I'm completely disgusted by the whining crybabies ruining this game's community score here and elsewhere--it's as if they want to play the same game five times in a row. You people are the reason why the publishers churn out a new-and-unimproved version of every annualized franchise every year. Congratulations. For everybody with good taste and good sense, Burnout Paradise delivers on the Burnout legacy while adding fantastic new features. No, it isn't the same game you've been playing these five iterations; and you're welcome. 9.0. Expand
  58. ElG.
    Feb 26, 2008
    60 hours played and counting! Superb game! I thought the demo was rubbish, due to all the issues other people have raised in previous, more negative reviews. I gave it another chance and it won me over. Crash has gone ...so what, you still have your old games for that (and there is now Showtime - a bit like Crash). Yes it is sometimes a little frustrating to lack a restart event option, 60 hours played and counting! Superb game! I thought the demo was rubbish, due to all the issues other people have raised in previous, more negative reviews. I gave it another chance and it won me over. Crash has gone ...so what, you still have your old games for that (and there is now Showtime - a bit like Crash). Yes it is sometimes a little frustrating to lack a restart event option, but like others say, simply start a new event. You will learn the world faster, and until the very last few events of the the game, there are plenty of events to choose from (at every junction), all colour coded so you know what event it is. The map is clear and easy to follow, some bits more than others but it is only a map. The learning curve of the game is great and the unlockables seem to feel rewarding. There are 3 different types of boost as in other BO games, Speed, Stunt, and Aggression each gain boost differently. Once you get your Burnout license, the cars start getting really quick. "Zone"-like focus required. Online mode is a gem. Virtually seamless online support, straight online from anywhere, anytime. With online races and co-op challenges, as well as Freeburn which allows players to compete against each other for Longest Jump, Airtime, Most Burnouts, Oncoming etc. Great, great game. If I am honest, its probably more like a 9/10 but where others have whinged and given it a 0, I think a 10 is easily justified. Expand
  59. felipezuleta
    Feb 3, 2008
    exelente
  60. KyleS.
    Feb 3, 2008
    I was skeptical about buying this, what a mistake if i hadn't! This a truly amazing game that is near flawless. I just hope for the next one they have a mode called ' kick the teeth in of that Sunday driver who lost you the last race. I haven't even gone online yet the single player is so good!
  61. ToddK.
    Feb 5, 2008
    This one gets a strong 9.9 and I only give that one-tenth less because of 2 things. 1)No car with all 10 ratings, at least not yet. and 2)When you get down to the last 30 or so races, it can get a little tiresome driving all the way back to a race starting point if you lose the race. Solution - Don't lose :-) Other than 1 and 2, BY FAR HANDS DOWN BEST GAME FOR PS3 YET. I have played This one gets a strong 9.9 and I only give that one-tenth less because of 2 things. 1)No car with all 10 ratings, at least not yet. and 2)When you get down to the last 30 or so races, it can get a little tiresome driving all the way back to a race starting point if you lose the race. Solution - Don't lose :-) Other than 1 and 2, BY FAR HANDS DOWN BEST GAME FOR PS3 YET. I have played over 80 hours already and have only completed 73%. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone who lilkes a good racer needs this game. Expand
  62. JonA.
    Feb 6, 2008
    Repetitive to the point of frustration and crash has gone. Not a big fan of the open world either. Not the best Burnout by far.
  63. AidanJ.
    Mar 2, 2008
    Fantastic game, Criterion really pushed the boundaries to make it seamless with no loading. Online is very good, especially when people have headsets and cameras.
  64. MOQ
    Mar 30, 2008
    Its brilliant-awesome-amazing! Ok I really like it. its changed from the original but for the better. The Burnout Boost is just incredible, Showtime is the new crash, onlline is too much fun. Buy it now!
  65. SteveD.
    Mar 4, 2008
    Desperate for something to play on your PS3? then this will do for a bit. Rent don't buy though. Hardly the best Burnout by far, and some appalling omissions have been made, No crash for example is just unforgiveable. Open worlds suck and race restarts are a pain in the a**.
  66. BruceB.
    Apr 1, 2008
    Decent game. Unbelievable graphics. A bit more of an overall challenge then the past Burnout offerings. No crash mode, if you are a fan. I personally don't care about it. Lots of cars. Jury still out on the open world setup. I could take it or leave it. The game is worth it just for great, challenging racing and the graphics. Overall, my vote still goes to Burnout : Takedown as the Decent game. Unbelievable graphics. A bit more of an overall challenge then the past Burnout offerings. No crash mode, if you are a fan. I personally don't care about it. Lots of cars. Jury still out on the open world setup. I could take it or leave it. The game is worth it just for great, challenging racing and the graphics. Overall, my vote still goes to Burnout : Takedown as the best of the series. Expand
  67. NikoB.
    Apr 26, 2008
    Best racing game ever. takedown was fun for like two days, and paradise is a great turn for the series.
  68. Badboi
    May 2, 2008
    no crash, no simple two player mode! You cannot race against youjr friends at home. Only online :-(
  69. JayL.
    May 26, 2008
    The first few hours, I was amazed. But then it got stale. I'm only a third of the way done and I have to virtually force myself to play it.
  70. TobyK
    Sep 23, 2009
    this game hate you. and as such it wants to drive you violently insane. to that end, the locations for the ends of races have lots of fiddly corners to get around, and usually by this time you will find yourself going about 200MPH into oncoming traffic, trying to glance at the minimap and make some sense of where to go. so you crash. and then, as the wreckage of your car is still this game hate you. and as such it wants to drive you violently insane. to that end, the locations for the ends of races have lots of fiddly corners to get around, and usually by this time you will find yourself going about 200MPH into oncoming traffic, trying to glance at the minimap and make some sense of where to go. so you crash. and then, as the wreckage of your car is still bouncing, the other cars will snatch the winning posts as you lie there on fire and upside down, followed by a colour washout and red border with the words 'YOU LOSE' in massive white letter,s, and a snarky comment from the local radio DJ. but driving around in your own time, exploring and playing online with others leads to a very fun experience. just dont do any racing, ok? Expand
  71. JohnRain
    Dec 18, 2007
    A stunning game and a true show piece for the Playstation 3. I really wasn
  72. SiFeltham
    Jan 16, 2008
    What's with the dull showtime rubbish? and you have to drive back to the start line to start a race again - are they mad? That's the trouble when you deviate from the tried and tested set race routes I guess. Seems that Burnout has run it's course now that desperate measures such as sprawling worlds have been resorted to. Bring back the pure adrenaline rush of BurnoutWhat's with the dull showtime rubbish? and you have to drive back to the start line to start a race again - are they mad? That's the trouble when you deviate from the tried and tested set race routes I guess. Seems that Burnout has run it's course now that desperate measures such as sprawling worlds have been resorted to. Bring back the pure adrenaline rush of Burnout Takedown I say. Disappointing after an enormous time in development. Expand
  73. DaveP
    Jan 16, 2008
    Could have been a lot better IMO. Obvious things seem to have been missed here and basic racing game no-no's have gone in to try and revive the franchise yet anotehr time. Open plan fits Burnout in no way whatsoever. The breakneck speed and navigation are at odds with each other.
  74. CliffB.
    Jan 19, 2008
    Hasn't quite lived up to the expectations I had for it. It's been an age in development and has ultimately disappointed alas. The open world thing just doesn't do it for me here at all. A real shame that you have to drive back to teh start to begin a race again too.
  75. JGerard
    Jan 19, 2008
    Race restarts are irritaion itself! The nav system is awful and there's no crash.... rubbish.
  76. PaulM.
    Jan 19, 2008
    Where have the slick, pure racing tracks gone? Exploration is the last thing you want to do in a racing game, come on! Crash is no longer either. Ah man, gutted.
  77. MikeB
    Nov 9, 2008
    Absolutely horrible! The only thing 'Burnout' about this game is the title. I turned it on and found myself just aimlessly driving around a city trying to figure out how to race and when I did fuigure it out I got lost at the first turn. Change in a game is great, but it must be done for a reason, not "just because". The main problem with this game though was no crash missions, Absolutely horrible! The only thing 'Burnout' about this game is the title. I turned it on and found myself just aimlessly driving around a city trying to figure out how to race and when I did fuigure it out I got lost at the first turn. Change in a game is great, but it must be done for a reason, not "just because". The main problem with this game though was no crash missions, those are one of the things many people loved the burnout games for. Hopefully they can pull their heads from their asses if they think of making another game. Expand
  78. DaveI.
    Jan 21, 2008
    Okay GFX are wonderful, handling is not that bad either... However the removal of Crash Mode has fundamentally taken all the fun away from our drunken Friday night game sessions, that coupled with the need to drive back to the start of the race instead of using a restart option also sucks just as badly. Stop providing us 'Need For Speed' clones, and get back to the Burnout menus Okay GFX are wonderful, handling is not that bad either... However the removal of Crash Mode has fundamentally taken all the fun away from our drunken Friday night game sessions, that coupled with the need to drive back to the start of the race instead of using a restart option also sucks just as badly. Stop providing us 'Need For Speed' clones, and get back to the Burnout menus & instant restarts, then I might just buy into the franchise again. Expand
  79. PatC.
    Jan 22, 2008
    Don't have time to type a good deatiled review, but overall a great game. Great graphics, physics, cars everything! This game will keep you entertained for quite some time. Be aware that, though it is fun, it does get repetitive fairly quickly. Play this game in sessions, not all at once.
  80. DennisA.
    Jan 22, 2008
    I give this a 1 because the graphics are unbelievable. The gameplay however is very annoying compared to Burnout games of the past. Why can't you restart races? I hate the fact that you have to waste time driving around to get to challenges. Why can't you select them from the map? I don't know what they were thinking when they made this game, but its not done well at all!
  81. GusD.
    Jan 26, 2008
    The arcade purity seems to have been lost this time around. Restarts are a pain and crash is gone. Not worth the wait.
  82. KyleT.
    Jan 28, 2008
    I'm sorry, but not liking the gameplay style is by no means an excuse to rate an otherwise flawless game badly. This game, while not much like previous Burnouts, is a beast of its own. The single player mode is expansive and incredibly entertaining. Exploring isn't a MUST per-se, but it's obviously a large part of the game. The multiplayer is a beast of it's own. Not I'm sorry, but not liking the gameplay style is by no means an excuse to rate an otherwise flawless game badly. This game, while not much like previous Burnouts, is a beast of its own. The single player mode is expansive and incredibly entertaining. Exploring isn't a MUST per-se, but it's obviously a large part of the game. The multiplayer is a beast of it's own. Not only is it incredibly fun just racing with up to 7 other people, the 50 challenges for each class (350 in all) really flesh out the experience. The challenges involve stuff as mundane as boosting for a few seconds and escalate all the way up to performing group barrel rolls through the fuselages of planes at an abandoned airfield. The only things that I would even think of criticizing about the game are a lack of custom soundtrack in the PS3 (which was sort of a no-brainer...no idea why that didn't happen), the inability to "restart" a race (I know it doesn't allow for as much exploration, but driving back to a starting point to restart a difficult race over and over is a humongous pain.), and POSSIBLY the removal of crash mode. Although I think showtime has a ton of promise with random friend gatherings (beating scores, bouncing around etc), old fashioned crash mode will be missed. I'll be playing this game for a while. Online and off. Don't trust the user score and try the demo yourself before you make a judgment. This game is amazing no matter how you look at it - but don't go in expecting a cut and dry burnout - although the racing style remains the same, we're dealing with a completely different beast here. Expand
  83. KayC.
    Jan 30, 2008
    For me, Burnout games were too good to bother changing the whole style, the gameplay mechanics were nearly flawless. It seems to have lost that edge now. Instead of jumping straight into Crash mode or a Race, you have to find one, which slows down the progress of the game. Some reviewers say driving around looking at the scenery is amazing. I for one do not care of the scenery, I want to For me, Burnout games were too good to bother changing the whole style, the gameplay mechanics were nearly flawless. It seems to have lost that edge now. Instead of jumping straight into Crash mode or a Race, you have to find one, which slows down the progress of the game. Some reviewers say driving around looking at the scenery is amazing. I for one do not care of the scenery, I want to race and crash, not look for billboards to jump into. Crash mode was much better than showtime because in crash mode they set out crashes on a plate ready for you to gorge. That brings me to another point... WHERE IS SPLIT SCREEN!!!! Am I one of the few guys who still have friends to come over and play video games? Am I the only one who still remembers how fun multiplayer on one screen is? The online is great but when friends come over you don't want to play 1 by 1, games like this and Motorstorm are set-up for split screen, but it isn't there. The gameplay itself isn't rubbish but the game doesn't know what it wants to be, Midnight Club? Need for Speed? or Burnout? Though the gameplay is quite good, it is missing out on some things that would make the game universal. Such as, having the option of choosing a level on the menu screen, restarting a race, split screen. Good, but there was no need to change it so much, the game was close to perfect, not a big step back, but a step back nethertheless. Expand
  84. RandolphF.
    Feb 14, 2008
    Good looking. The occasional race feels like classic Burnout. Everything else is broken. If you want to see open world racing done right, you need to play Midnight Club 3. To see it done wrong, play this game. It just doesn't work. Criterion needs to learn that change for nothing more than the sake of it isn't a good way to make games. Highly suggest the superior Burnout Revenge Good looking. The occasional race feels like classic Burnout. Everything else is broken. If you want to see open world racing done right, you need to play Midnight Club 3. To see it done wrong, play this game. It just doesn't work. Criterion needs to learn that change for nothing more than the sake of it isn't a good way to make games. Highly suggest the superior Burnout Revenge on the 360. Expand
  85. Acook
    Feb 17, 2008
    why does everyone say stuff like "its lost it burnout feel ." Its called evolving GET USED TO IT!! I love this game I gave it nine because no 2 player offline still loved it!
  86. MatthewN.
    Feb 21, 2008
    I'm not a racing game fan, and was not familiar with the Burnout franchise, but from the moment I played the demo on my PS3 this game has grabbed me like no other. I am amazed at the fun it has supplied me and how hard it is for me to put the game away.
  87. Ravensholm
    Feb 2, 2008
    Restarts are unbelievably annoying - I just want the immediacy of the past Burnouts back. Lots of changes have gone in that I personally don't like at all. Maybe I am just a Burnout purist but this new flavour has just left me cold.
  88. JeffA.
    Feb 23, 2008
    Photorealistic graphics blended with spot on controls give this sandbox racer a perfect score.
  89. FangioS.
    Feb 29, 2008
    Worth a rent for a couple of nights but not worth the full asking price. This one's a bit weak..
  90. DesM.
    Feb 29, 2008
    The perfection of earlier Burnouts has started to fade, almost completely in this latest iteration. Burnout 4 was a little disappointing after number 3 and Paradise continues this downward slide unfortunately. Franchises are overmilked these days and the games inevitably suffer as a consequence. Here is a perfect example of that in action.
  91. HC
    Feb 4, 2008
    You can't restart on the spot which is amazingly irritating. Some of the cars are kinda dodgy looking. If only they could use proper cars. The map is a bit poor too which is a bit of a killer with a nav based open world. Disappointing.
  92. StevieS
    Feb 4, 2008
    Lets hope the open racing is born and dies in Paradise as it seems to be a major drawback in many of the reviews I have read. Luckily I rented this and didn't buy as it's not as good as the pure arcade racers I've come to expect from earlier Burnouts.
  93. JamieG.
    Feb 6, 2008
    Ahh - more Takedown less Paradise.
  94. BillG.
    Mar 12, 2008
    Great racing game, things from previous games have been improved upon. New features have been added, some removed and some blended together to create new things. No more crash instead we get showtime for example. Open world lets you explore at your own pace, online integration is great.
  95. DamienR.
    Mar 31, 2008
    This is by far the best racing game I have ever played. It is the complete Burnout experience with all new features... and I hear a lot of people saying "they've done away with the crashes".. well... obviously they werent going fast enough were they? Put the foot down you panzies!! The crashes are in and better than ever! Everything is also open-world as well, so the option to This is by far the best racing game I have ever played. It is the complete Burnout experience with all new features... and I hear a lot of people saying "they've done away with the crashes".. well... obviously they werent going fast enough were they? Put the foot down you panzies!! The crashes are in and better than ever! Everything is also open-world as well, so the option to explore Paradise City from top to bottom is at your fingertips. They've got a new formula going here.. and should continue it with the next generation of Burnout games - cause here we have something that works, and works better than every other racing on the market! Expand
  96. EdW.
    Mar 4, 2008
    Very disappointing. Go back and play Takedown. You'll have more fun and won't have torn all your hair out in frustration.
  97. IainS.
    Mar 4, 2008
    No Crash. Open world. No quick race restarts. Poor.
  98. JeffH.
    Mar 4, 2008
    Burnout was an arcade racer. It isn't any longer. They have used the name but fans of the old games will probably be disappointed as I was.
  99. DJATOMICA
    Apr 22, 2008
    I don't know why you stupid idoits are hating about this game. YALL SUCK! but, to tell you this, the cars was a little dissappointing,you can't restart, and the gates,smashes,and billboards are a waste of time and a pain. Burnout revenge or Burnout 3 should be on ps3
  100. BGriffiths
    Apr 25, 2008
    Absolutely hilarious fun. Passed the 80% completion mark and still finding things that absolutely surprise and entertain me. Great fun discovering it all and unlocking the game on your own, and the fun gets exponentially better when you play with friends. Solid as a whole - if you like driving games this is a great one to spend some time on (while you wait for GT5)

1. Scarily deep. It demands you play it: there's so much to find it's incredible. [Jan 2008, p.88]
    Give it a chance and you may find yourself having the most fun you've ever had in a virtual car. [Feb 2008, p.70]
  3. A truly superb racer; fast, vast and there's plenty to do under that super-slick surface. [Jan 2008, p.118]