Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010 PlayStation 3

5.0

1. Jan 19, 2012
    It's best to see this as an arcade title rather than a sim and in that respect it's great. Setting up good shots is fun and the mini games break it quite nicely.
  2. marconewman
    Oct 19, 2009
    PS3 Version:
    PS3 Version:
    Gorgeous graphics & great immersion, overall this is truly the best hunting game to date yet (never thought I would say that, but the game really surprised me) . It´s just pure fun & challenging, maybe a little bit on the short side with only 12 missions, but it takes some time to unlock everything & find all animal signs. Definately worth buying considering the low price tag & the amount of fun I´ve had with it so far. Normally I would rate this game a 8,5/10, but I want to even the odds a bit. ;)
  3. bobanother
    Oct 16, 2009
    A big step back from other Cabela's titles. Almost no hunting - just blindly following pillars of light, shooting anything that moves. It's like they took all the bad stuff in all Cabela's games, put them into one and said: "Now the only way is up!" :) Liked the graphics though, best forests so far.
  4. AdamL.
    Oct 10, 2009
    Great game best Cabelas hunting game yet! to the other review you select your guns before you enter that hunting level by hitting Y it says it at the bottom of the screen.
  5. bobdisappointed
    Oct 7, 2009
    Finished all missions, received all gold medals and still can not unlock or use the extra weapons, like the 30.06. muzzel loader, crossbow .416 none of the weapons will unlock and I have completed all 12 missions.
  6. Jan 19, 2012
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critics

The fast-paced action keeps things from getting too boring, and the medals and high scores actually strive to keep you coming back to improve your performance. The lack of depth and strategy will likely disappoint fans of the genre, but if you take it for what it is, it is actually quite enjoyable.
    The thin gameplay certainly won't interest someone looking for a virtual hunting experience with an edge of authenticity, and isn't enough to entertain anyone looking for an arcade-style game with a solid hook. That being said, the game's shooting gallery mode can be fun in a Duck Hunt sort of way. It is cheaper than most retail games, however, and features some decent but flawed visuals and sound. The rest is forgettable.